Speaker 1: Voices drift on winds untamed, where it's like spells that can't be made.
Speaker 2: Close your eyes and feel the sound.
Speaker 3: Journey where no bounds are found opens inside your.
Speaker 2: Mind the ordinary form behind color, swirl and stars line in the Mental Mysteries, you'll.
Speaker 4: Find Welcome to Mada Mysteries.
Speaker 5: Well you don't know what you don't know.
Speaker 6: My name is Jonathan, I'm Sean, and today is going to be so much fun for an episode. This is it's it's borderline conspiratorial. I gotta say, because whenever I stumbled across it, I was like, wait a second, that that's kind of weird, you know. So we're gonna be getting into the etymology of a Damon Damon Daimon. Some people say it very different. We just looked it up how to say it. I've seen it spelled so many times. I've read about it so many times, but I never heard it said. So some people say damon. I think that's what we're gonna go with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, and I'm really excited for this episode, you know, just with all of the things that we cover, man, and you know, the the demons or the daemons being one of those entities that's kind of I mean, it's very popular, you know, in in culture to to bring that up, and personally I feel like it's to bring upon, bring upon fear. But you know what, let's just see what it's all about, dude.
Speaker 6: All right, So, first of all, welcome in the one. Thank you so much for joining us tonight. Uh, very excited to see all of you. And uh, it's always fun doing the Wonder Wizday shows because it's like it's extra energy going on here and it.
Speaker 5: Just I can feel it every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel it. I feel it in my wretches.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: So White Boy Wizards said, what up?
Speaker 5: Fan?
Speaker 2: What to do?
Speaker 4: White Boy Wizard? No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: Nol Rus said, what's up? Fucker's excited for the topic topic today. I hope everyone had a great week so far. H Taylor said, what's up? Weirdos? Indeed, you know, it's like a badge of honor to become a weirdo. Now, absolutely, dude, you can't be normal in a crazy world, you know. No you can't. No, you can't. So uh yeah, let's get into it. And and we're not we're not talking about demons. Okay, even though, that's what history would like to tell you.
Speaker 4: That's what this word means. So damon it damon or damon?
Speaker 5: Hmmm you know how.
Speaker 6: That damon it's basically demon with an A. All right, So damon the forgotten guardian of your soul? Is it your higher self?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay baby, yeah yeah, it's gonna be a naughty episode, all right. So, uh, exploring the divine spirit within from ancient Greece to modern mysticism. So when and this is We're just gonna get this question out in the open to get its get the ball rolling, because I feel like so many people have been conditioned to look at Damon and demon as the same exact thing. Now, demon does have its etymological roots all the way back to Damon, so that is where it started, and you're gonna be able to see the process of how it eventually converted. And it'll make a lot of sense, especially if you're pretty well versed in like biblical history and stuff like if you look back to Emperor Constantine and Council of Nicea and all that craziness that was going on back in those times. This is going to tickle your religious and spiritual pickle today baby. So when was damon turned into demon? So the transition from daemon or which literally translated back then to divine guide or to demon, which is known as an evil spirit, was not a single event, but a gradual shift that took place between the first and fifth centuries as Christianity expanded through the Greco Roman world. So here's the timeline and the key players. So first off, you got in the first century first century BC, you have damon's or daemon's still are respected as as they're known by, not necessarily dark and demonic and you know, evil minions of Satan or anything just yet and and so this was in Greek and in Roman thoughts. So these were the people that were specifically bringing up the word damon. Okay, So in Greek culture, especially in Plato, Hesiod and the Stoics, damon's were neutral or benevolent spirits, divine intermediaries, often equated with one's higher self or genius. Also where the term genie comes from, by the way. Okay, that's a topic for another day. But uh so, yeah, even in Roman culture under figures like Cicero and Seneca, the Latin demonium still carried mostly positive or neutral connotations, So.
Speaker 5: It's not necessarily good or bad, just kind of you know what I mean, just that intermediary or whatever in between you and your higher self or what.
Speaker 6: Do you Well, essentially it's kind of like the it's like your noose in sex.
Speaker 4: So it's like.
Speaker 6: Your what you're contemplating, your rainbow, bridge to God, to the universe, to the source, whatever you want to call it. It's your connection. Yeah, okay, so uh uh. So, first you got Cicero in the first century BC. His quote was no man was ever great without a touch of divine inspiration his own deminium. So dominium and damon, same same word, just different people saying it. So yeah, yeah, so he believed, you know, you're not going to get anywhere fast if you don't have you know, if you're not connected to your damon, and that's what he was talking about, like it was literally your connection to the all, you know what I mean. And so that's that was that was Latin Cicero there. So then you move forward to the first and second century CE, which is the rise of Christianity and the birth of demonization. So as early Christians began writing theological texts and preaching in the Roman Empire, they rejected Pagan's spirituality, as everybody knows, even though they brought in a lot of pagan kind of you know, uh ideas yep, yep, yep, especially anything invoking gods or spirits outside of the Christian God. So they rejected them, rejected the pagan ideology and spirituality almost wholeheartedly. Whenever it came to you know, the upper echelons. You know, we might still keep your little traditions, and we'll still say the same words, and hey, we might even you know, celebrate Christmas on fucking you know, the winter solstice, you know what I mean. But for the most part, yeah, they they tried to get rid of anything that was godlike equal to or higher.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, so anything like a like a So they're trying to eliminate any kind of false idols, things of that like, things of.
Speaker 6: That nature, false idols, Yeah right, okay, I'll say that with quotations, and they make it out to be such a silly thing. That's not what the Pagans were about, though, bro, Like, if the deeper you look into like what actual paganism was all about, Yeah, you had your shitheads, as you would in every you know, spiritual group, religious group or whatever. But for the most part, all a pagan was was just somebody who like they were working with the land, They were working with the spirits of the land, and you know, they looked at everything in kind of like a spiritual kind of way, and you know, a lot of the ways. Kind not to get too DeVault or too diluted here, but like how the the Native Americans, how they talk to the land, and they talked to the wind, and they talked to the sky and stuff like that. Right, That's that's essentially kind of what the pagans were doing in a sense.
Speaker 5: Because you're you're you're one with that, you know what I mean. You're not worshiping it necessarily exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean, dude, you're working literally with the stars and the placement of the stars in the sky, and you're letting the sky and the stars tell the story of what's going to be coming, and your you know, it's working together with it. And so anyway, we'll do a whole other show on paganism because it's it's a pretty wild rabbit hole to start diving into, like a lot of their ancient beliefs and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think there's a lot of misconceptions, you know, so it'd be nice to clear that up. I think even for myself, I just to get just a clear understanding of the whole thing and where it started. And I know we've covered it before, but but yeah, I think we might have to uh go around the block again.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 6: So one of the earliest shifts came in the New Testament writings, which was, you know, the Jesus writings. Essentially, so the Greek word Daemenian or Daemonian, which is a diminutive of daemon or damon, uh was used to describe evil spirits or unclean spirits, spirits that Jesus cast it out, so already right there, that's where it's kind of brought in. That was in the New Testament, which was I mean it was written. Nobody knows exactly when it was written. Some people don't know exactly when it was written. Well, because it's a if you think about it, the Bible is just a compilation of a bunch of different books, and so there's sixty six books of the Bible, and so many in the New Testament, so many in the Old Testament. So a lot of the New Testament books were written obviously after Jesus died.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, after Jesus died. And that's really the question because you know, and this is a whole side tangent we're probably going to get into. But so Jesus, people don't even agree on what year he died. Some people say thirty two AD, some people say thirty a D. Some people say thirty three a D. I always looked at it as like the year of our Lord. That's literally what we call like the year that we're in. Right, So if Jesus was born in year zero, let's just say that he was born in year zero, then it would make sense that he would have died in thirty two AD because year zero still counts as a year, right, Oh okay, And so I don't know, it's weird, but anyway, so he ended up dying, you know, in the thirties a d. And after he died, then people started, you know, writing books and stuff like that. But if you go into the four main Gospels of the Bible with Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John those stories. Depending on who you ask, some people say it was written directly after Jesus died. Some people say it was written while Jesus was still living, and others say, well, no, it's actually not even written until about seventy or eighty a d at the very earliest. And I believe that that one. Don't quote me on this. I believe the first one that they believe was written was the Gospel of John.
Speaker 4: Okay, but it's been a minicence. I looked into it, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: It's a long time though. It's like a whole lifetime.
Speaker 6: Oh you're talking about fifty sixty years at least after his death, and so you know, it almost became mythological just with the time, you know, right. So anyhow, uh so it says these were not these were likely not meant to be direct references to the Greek damon, but the word itself got rebranded in early Christian usage. So they're rebranding words now. So if you were a pagan and you were, you know, in communication with your damon or your demon, well, now whoa hold on.
Speaker 4: You're talking to demons now, you know.
Speaker 5: And not of this right here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, because they want you to worship God and Jesus that you know are outside of you, which it doesn't even say that in the Bible, but that's what a lot of people believe. So then we move forward to the second and third century CE uh or A D.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I mean C E A D.
Speaker 4: And so in the second and third century a D.
Speaker 6: You had Justin Martyr or again and uh Tertullian never heard of some of these names. But these were early church fathers that started explicitly teaching that pagan gods were demons in disguise and that all damons were evil entities sent by Satan. Of course, so it starts right there in the s two. You know he sent a shit ton Oh well, I mean said to be like a third of God's angels or something like that.
Speaker 4: Right, right, So you had.
Speaker 6: Justin Martyr, as we talked about before he was alive in one hundred and fifty a D.
Speaker 4: Or he said this. In one hundred and fifty a D.
Speaker 6: He goes, the gods of the Pagans are demons just outright, Ye, he declared that damons misled the nations away from the one true God. Oh just reminds me a game of thrones when people start talking about.
Speaker 5: That, right, I mean the thing I wonder whenever we talk about the Bible and things like this, is like before the Bible was written, what was going on? People were just misinformed. They were just kind of doing their own thing, you know what I mean, until these books came out and it was like this is the truth. Like what about before that?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean you had the Old Testament, which was Jewish, and that I don't know exactly even how far that goes back. I don't know when that you know, the well, I say old Testaments, the Torah, which are you know, that's what the Jews look, you know, that's what they they that's their Bible essentially, right, and and so I believe that goes back to not exactly a thousand BC, but somewhere like a.
Speaker 5: While back, you know, right, Okay.
Speaker 6: And then obviously the New Testament came after that, once Jesus was born and you know, did his whole thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Because that's just one thing I always wonder about. It's like, why why wait so long to give us this information through a prophet and to show us the way? Like all those people before just had no idea.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's I think.
Speaker 5: Like the Pagans and you know what I mean, and I'm not.
Speaker 6: Like the biggest fan of science, to be honest with you, because I a lot. It's very bought and paid and I'm not going to get into that. But y'all know I'm a conspiracy theorist. I'm going to take it there. But what's even what science says is that humanity, the homo sapien sapien of which we are, goes back to three hundred thousand years was whenever the first you know, human as we know them were around. And then you even go back fifty thousand years and I believe South Carolina where they found some kind of pottery that dates back fifty thousand years, pottery with painting and carvings and shited on it fifty thousand years. It dates back. So yeah, it's a good question. You know, where was you know, these teachings and.
Speaker 5: Why why did he wait so long to you know, send some information to this said profit, you know, and say spread this message because before that everyone else just was so misinformed, you know, just kind of worshiping whatever they wanted exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and by the way, this is not going to be a Christianity bashing type of episode. We respect everybody, just the curiosity. It's just more so yeah, like trying to get into the mind of God, which you know, say what you will about that, but yeah, it's it's weird how how it all transpired in the timeline that it all transpired as well. So yeah, justin Martyr saying that the gods of the pagans are damons, which translates to demons. Uh, then you have origin. He was another early church father and he was around from one eighty five to two fifty three a d. And his quote is all damons are evil and the cause of men's sins. So at this point, the word damonium, damonium, I don't know how to say. That damn word in Latin no longer meant inner guide. It it becomes synonymous with satanic influence.
Speaker 5: And then so if you're if you're if you're catching a download, or you're you're talking to your higher self or I don't know, whatever it could be. You know, it's like, no, no, no, don't listen to that. That's that's not the right answer. That's you know, listen to what we're.
Speaker 6: Saying exactly, don't don't trust yourself and don't trust your spirit, even though it literally says in the Bible, the Kingdom, the Kingdom of Heaven is within you, yep, right, and even in is it Matthew six twenty two. If therefore thine eye be single, then your whole body should be full of light.
Speaker 5: Damn, you just called that out. Huh that's your favorite.
Speaker 6: Right, not gonna lie, just yeah, that's one of my favorites. So but that's just the I plan on getting that tattoo one day. So now we jump ahead to the fourth century, and this is where Augustine seals the seals the deal. So Saint Augustine, not august Augustine, Augustine rather, so Saint Augustine was around from three point fifty four to four point thirty and in his book called the City of God, it says, this is his quote, he goes, the damons, though sometimes appearing to help humans, are in fact malicious, eating souls away from salvation. But they appear to be doing good, you know. Yes, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad. This is the whole idea of the Gin by the way as well, right, And this is what we're talking about, the damon and the genius. They're always interconnected, which we're going to do a whole episode on the genius and the genie and the gin in that whole correlation right there as well. But it's all talking about the same thing. Like, it's not talking about your brain and your egoic mind or your human mind or anything like that. It's the quiet mind that speaks to you essentially.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Some people call that your higher self or your your inner spark or whatever you want to call it. But yeah, they're saying that, like, well, I mean, they are in fact malicious and they need you away from salvation, which.
Speaker 5: Clearly clearly so anything not of God basically is yeah, get in line, you know kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: But Augustine's writing became foundational for Western Christian doctrine, and he fully codified the idea that damon's equals demons. So it was around this time it was nobody was questioning it anymore. Like people just kind of you know, forgot, I mean, which you know, several hundred years have have gone on, and so traditions are constantly being wiped away, especially during the Crusades, and everybody's dying that's not going along to get along with you know, emperors and whatnot. But yeah, it's unfortunate. So this was the final blow to the original meaning. From here on in the Latin speaking church, deamonium equals evil, spirit, genius, damon and guide equal heretical or dangerous to follow.
Speaker 5: A guide even yep, you know, like, so when when are you supposed to know if God's talking to you? You know, that's what I want to know.
Speaker 6: What's the Well, first of all, you have to be religious, because if you're not religious, then surely God wouldn't give you a message.
Speaker 5: I'm open to it to begin.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I've talked, you know, to numerous amounts of Christians about my whole eloheem story and they're like, oh were you are you Christian? No, well that must have been a demon then sorry.
Speaker 5: You were full dude, you were tricked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 6: But anyway, all right, so yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, here we go. So by the Middle Ages from five hundred to fifteen hundred AD, the word demon in English developed from Old French demon, which came from Latin damonium, which originally came from the Greek daemon. But by this time all association with the original Greek meaning was gone. Demon meant hellish, possessive and satanic. So just to give a little summary here about you know, the the years of the breakdown about how it all happened. You have the pre first century CE, So let's just say first century BC, right, Damon equals divine guy, enter genius and U spirit. Move toward the first and second sect. First and second century AD daemonian used in Christian texts to describe evil spirits. Move forward to the second and third century Church fathers justin Martyr and Origin declare all pagan daemon's evil. Fourth and fifth century CE you have Augustine cements daemon equals demon in Church doctrine, and then of course by the Middle Ages, the word demon enters English with purely negative meaning.
Speaker 5: Wow. I mean it's pretty genius, you know, to just kinda to that kind of magic and make the real meaning of what it is just kind of go.
Speaker 6: Away, like completely genius. I think you picked the exact right word there.
Speaker 5: So I never even really heard of damon or anything like that. I know of demon, and I know that it has a very negative connotation in all this, but never really knew anything about the damon, you know, and where it came from. Dude, so this is just evidence.
Speaker 6: Ain't too many pagans around to tell the story anymore, that's true, you know, So why it all matters? This wasn't just a linguistic evolution. It was a spiritual inversion. The sacred voice within the damon became a threat to religious control because if people could hear divine truth within themselves, they wouldn't need a priest to tell them who they were or what God wanted. The inner voice that once led Socrates and uplifted Plato became under the church the whisper of Satan.
Speaker 5: Of course, dude, of course, you know you need some type of higher authority to help you out, or to guide you, or to you know, assist. You know, you just can't do that by yourself. You're just an unclean rag.
Speaker 4: What do you know?
Speaker 6: You're a sinner. You were born a sinner. You're born into sin. Had no chance think about that, dude, You're born into sin? Like, how, my god, what does that got to do to the psyche for people to actually accept that? You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, all you're gonna do is just except the Lord is our savior. Man, You'll be good. Don't even trip.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, then you'd be saved. So anyhow, what if the inner voice you sometimes hear that quiet poll that's strange knowing, isn't your imagination at all. What if it's a divine spirit one that has been guiding your soul since before you were born. This episode that we're going to be getting into is not necessarily about religion. We kind of want to just go through the etymology there first, but now we're going to get into what it actually means, how people were using it, some quotes by people who were actually in touch with it. It's going to be an all inclusive, daimonic episode.
Speaker 5: Oh alrighty take us there.
Speaker 6: Okay, So yeah, so it's not about religion, it's about personal nosis.
Speaker 4: The episode, this episode.
Speaker 6: Will be an initiation into rediscovering the divine intelligence that's been with you all along.
Speaker 4: You're damon, so what is a damon? Damon?
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna keep on going back and forth with it, and to be honest, because if I'm wrong, I'm only half wrong, you know.
Speaker 5: Exactly right. It's letting everybody know that we don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: You know, we say it in the beginning though I don't know what the fu you know.
Speaker 6: So. The word daemon has deep roots in Greek cosmology. It didn't mean evil spirit. It referred to a divine intermediary, a spiritual intelligence that lives within or around each person. These beings weren't worshiped like Olympian gods, but were seen as personal guides connected to fate, genius, and divine will. To the Greeks, every soul had a damon, a kind of celestial twin or guardian genius that knew what your soul's purpose was. It wasn't some outside entity trying.
Speaker 4: To control you.
Speaker 6: It was you, just more whole, more awake, more divine. The daemon represented the soul's memory of heaven was spring, reminders and moments of clarity, inspiration, or danger. Modern mystics and psychologists have begun reclaiming this idea. The damon is your future self speaking back through time. It's the compass pointing toward your destiny. But if you ignore it, you may feel lost, restless, or even cursed. Not because it punishes you, but because you've strayed away from your own divine alignment. So, and this might be why people are getting deja vu if you really think about that.
Speaker 5: Mmmm, yeah, ude. And what I'm thinking about is is that you know, we always know, even though we might not always be good or do good things, you know, but I feel like we know the difference. We know what's good regardless of what you would belief system you follow. It's just kind of ingrained. We know what's what's right from wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't need a book telling me that thou shalt not kill, you know, I kind of just know not to do it, and I know that like inherently it's a bad thing, you know. So uh, moving forward, So first off, we're going to get Socrates and the damon. So Socrates was the first and in the Western canon to talk openly about his damon. He described it as a voice, never loud, never commanding, that warned him when he was about to act against his soul's calling.
Speaker 5: Mm okay, all right, that's cool. Of course he's got to get into mixed, dude. He was connected, he knew something was going on. Oh dude.
Speaker 4: I mean that's who Plato learned from, was Socrates.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 6: You know, he was an understudy of Socrates there for a while, which is what inspired him down his path. So yeah, so he didn't worship it, but he listened always. He claimed that the daemon had been with him since childhood. When he stood trial, he said it had not dissuaded him, and so he accepted his fate. This shows that even death was preferable to betraying one's damon, a powerful idea that personal integrity is more sacred than survival. This inner voice wasn't madness or superstition. It was divine alignment. Socrates didn't see himself as a prophet or a mystic, yet he trusted this whisper above all else, which suggests that the damon is not some supernatural fantasy, but a real, experiential part of being a human when you live consciously.
Speaker 5: It's consciousness, dude, Yeah, I mean where it's derived from.
Speaker 6: And yeah, we call that a higher self nowadays, but back then, just think about it, like right now, right, let's say that Jesus was existing, or let's say Jesus just died thirty forty years ago, just hypothetically speaking, and and.
Speaker 4: So and everybody.
Speaker 6: Let's just say that everybody knew that, like your higher self was a good thing. It's good to get into alignment, it's good to meditate, it's good to eat healthy, it's good to work out, it's good to do like very conscious things. That's going to keep you kind of in this alignment, right, And let's just say that everybody called it your higher self, just you know, a little roundabout type of term here.
Speaker 4: And then the church fathers come around, they're like.
Speaker 6: Whoa your higher self? What are you fucking worshiping yourself now? Which is gus, yeah, which is exactly what a lot of people say. Oh, you're worshiping yourself. I don't know a single fucking person that worships themselves. I mean, yeah, you might, they might be a little full of their own shit, But to.
Speaker 5: Say that you're worshiping yourself, that's egregious. Yeah. I think if you're worshiping yourself, there's never a single moment that you're talking shit to yourself, you know. And I think we all talk shit to ourselves more so than we would talk shit to anybody exactly.
Speaker 6: So it's kind of like just instead of them, and instead of looking at them like they got uh, they got one over on the word damon, just look at it like they got one over on the word higher self. And they turned the higher self into a negative entity that only communicates with the dark side. That's essentially what they did. Okay, so all right, so that was Socrates. Now we're gonna get into Neil Platonism and the damon.
Speaker 5: So uh.
Speaker 6: Later, philosophers like Platinus and Proclus built on Plato's ideas and took the damon to cosmic levels. In their view, every soul descends from the divine and forgets its source. The damon's job is to guide it back like uh Ari ariadnes I'm terrible old people's names, but like his thread through the labyrinth of incarnation. They believe that the damon exists in a realm between heaven and earth and in between state, essentially acting as a translator between the soul and the divine. It doesn't control the human, but instead it nudges, aligns, and inspires. The damon remembers who you are even when you don't, so Proclus. Proclus even even taught that the damon was a mirror of your perfected soul.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 5: That's pretty cool, dude, And that's why so many of the spiritual feelings or or experiences that we have had feel familiar, even though you've never been there at least not in this body.
Speaker 4: Oh dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I mean he's literally talking about the intermediary between you and Heaven.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: That's that's all the way neoplatonic, just looking at the you know, the the one emanating onto all things, right and so yeah, and also think about it like this, the daemon could literally be Jesus m because well, because Christ is the intermediary between you and God. Nobody comes to God except through me, right, h right, So it's essentially that Jesus is a damon if you really think about it like that.
Speaker 5: Jez, that's gonna ruffle some feathers. Moving on, That'll be the title of this episode, Us a Demon. Wait a minute, what the shit, bully?
Speaker 6: So yeah, so he he taught that the daemon was a mirror of your of your perfected self. The more you purify your life, the more you harmonize with it. In this way, working with the damon is a spiritual practice, one of remembrance, realignment, and awakening to your true to your true soul's contract, to your true soul's contract.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, holy shit, I don't remember who it was. I don't know if it was Danny gold or I'm really I can't remember, but somebody said that they met there. It might not even necessarily have been their future self, but it was their wiser self, like in form like in front of them, And so I wonder if that was their damon.
Speaker 4: Oh, Butler said it yeah.
Speaker 5: Butler said, oh, that's right, that's right, yeah, dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because he was like, yeah, it didn't look like a super old version, but I knew that it was like a more wise version of me.
Speaker 5: Right, his connection to that divine, the connection that allows him to understand his divinity, you know, I mean he met his damon. That's crazy, you know, essentially.
Speaker 6: So just before we go any farther, I want to get over to the chat here real quick. The White Boy Wizard said, the end betwixt.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's my favorite. It's my favorite.
Speaker 6: Kara said, good evening, mysterious weirdos and happy New Moon and cancer.
Speaker 5: It's been a while. Oh all right, Caro, what's up, dude?
Speaker 6: And Taylor said, oh my god, you got to watch his Dark materials. Bro. Ever since they brought this up, Nick has been like, I fucking told you years and years ago, you need to watch his Dark materials. I'm like, I know, Nick, I'm sorry, I've been. I think I tried watching one episode, but you know what, I gotta stick through it. I give up way too easy on shows that you know whatever. But I mean, he keeps on saying it. And look, I mean, you know, we we all enjoy the oay, and we all enjoy like Rick and Morty and Black Mirror and all these kinds of things that it's like, you know, our group knows what's up, you know, all of the one here. If there's ever a show or a tea or like a movie or something like that that y'all recommend that kind of goes in line with meta mysteries all encompassing, then yeah, we're we're definitely gonna give it a little look see at the bare middle.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, dude, I've been I've been having a hard time finding movies and finding things because I'm always looking for something deep, something I don't know, something more foundational and true or or just real, you know what I mean. And whenever I go and look at the movies, so I'm like, what is this shit? Dude? I don't want to waste two hours watching this, you know, And don't get me wrong. I will, you know, I will watch something here and there, but lately I've been really looking for something like I don't know, just deep.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, and so Taylor said, I'm over here, like, oh my god, Socrates makes so much sense when when thinking about the Damon in the show and then said that the Golden Compass is a movie version of the Show Kids movie.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: Wow. Okay, I haven't heard of that one yet.
Speaker 4: But all right, well, I mean that's our homework. We got to watch his dark.
Speaker 6: Materials, bro, thank you, thank you for that good stuff. So, yeah, we had Neoplatonism, we had Socrates diving into it. Now we're going to get to the Gnostic and Hermetic principles and parallels rather so, the Gnostics had a similar view, though with a more urgent tone and their cosmology. We are divine sparks trapped in a material prison. The damon is a fragment of divine memory, the part of you that never forgot the light. It's not just guidance, it's rescue. In Hermeticism, the noose, which is more of a Neoplatonic idea and Platonic idea, but Hermeticism and Platonism kind of go hand in hand with a lot of things. So in Hermeticism, the noose or the divine intellect, and the logos, which is the divine word, serve as serve a similar purpose as bridges between the mortal and the eternal. The damon becomes the inner Christ, the foath or the higher Mercury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good stuff right there.
Speaker 6: Hermes, Hermes, remember Hermi Streusman justus was, you know, standing for mercury, which was the messenger between you and the One. So the damon literally is your connection to the One, to the All, to God, to the universe whatever, right, m hm. Both traditions emphasize gnosis, which is inner knowing. You don't need external profits. When you're connected to your damon, you have direct access to the divine stream. This made these traditions threatening to religious institutions, which is likely why the damon was literally demonized.
Speaker 5: So I wonder what the threat is though. Is it just a power thing like usual, just they don't want us to have that kind of power because only they can have that power, you know, that authority. Yeah, it's kind of like.
Speaker 6: This is going to sound bad, but it's kind of like, uh, like uh, what is it called the beauty and the Beast syndrome? I can never remember that term. Oh fuck, somebody's gonna remember it anyway. It's essentially like that, you know, the the syndrome, Stockholm syndrome.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 6: But it's essentially like, if you're the husband, will will belittle the wife so much, either you know, physical, emotional, sexual, whatever, so much, and the wife literally starts believing that she's lower in dirt, lower than dirt. And because look, you're you're if you full on buy into why your husband is disciplining you in certain kinds of ways, then surely your husband wouldn't just be doing this for no reason, like you need it, you know what I mean. And so that's the Stockholm syndrome behind it. And I think that what essentially what religious and not even just Christianity, but a lot of religions are trying to teach is basically Stockholm syndrome. You know, like you're literally it says in the Bible that God sees you as unclean rags. Okay, you're you're born a center, you're unclean rags, and you're ever You're going to go straight to hell unless you accept Jesus as your savior. If that's not Stockholm syndrome, I don't know what is right. Because if you know that you have that inner spark inside of you, that damon, that higher self, that whatever that is, that nosis, then you're gonna be like, no, get out of here with that. But the amount of Stockholm syndrome and the amount of like I mean, just hammering is you know. Unfortunately, that's just I in my belief, I believe that that's what happened.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say that that's what is happened. I don't know what.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but my my damon says that that's correct.
Speaker 5: Right, makes sense.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, So where were we? All right?
Speaker 6: So uh now we're gonna get to Carl Jung and what he talked about with the damon so YOUNGI. In psychology and the damon, Carl Jung wasn't afraid to borrow from the old world. He saw the damon as a symbol of the self, the totality of the conscious and unconscious mind. Carl Jung called it the inner guide that services during shadow work, dreams, and spiritual crisises. The damon in young In YOUNGI in terms appears as synchronicities, symbolic dreams, or even archetypes in taro or in myth. He encouraged people to dialogue with it, like in active imagination, where you converse with parts of your psyche. The Damon might show up as a wise old man, a trickster, or even your future self to young ignoring your daemon led to a life of neurosis and self sabotage. Listening to it, on the other hand, was the path of individuation, the mystical union of ego and the soul. In this way, psychology becomes modern day alchemy, and the Damon is your philosopher's stone.
Speaker 5: Hmm, okay, that energenious man, All right.
Speaker 4: Yeah dude.
Speaker 5: So you see how it's on one right now, right, yeah, yeah, dude. And the way and thinking lately as far as like consciousness and the way our brain works, Like I understand that our brain is very complex and it's it's just an amazing machine. But I'm trying to understand that that connection when it comes to our mind and the spirit. You know, Carl Jung sounds like he's likes to talk about our own mind and the brain and the subconscious and everything else. But maybe that's where the connection is. I guess, you know. That's what I've been trying to figure out for myself. Really, well, is it just mind or is it something that we just don't fully understand that connects our mind to the divine?
Speaker 4: No, no, it's not even mind.
Speaker 6: Mind is like lesser, so this would be your So your higher self is not your mind, you know what I mean, like.
Speaker 5: Something in the conscious and the subconscious.
Speaker 4: You know, there you go.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, the conscious mind is the mind that everybody knows and everybody talks about. Whenever you say the mind, you're talking about the conscious mind, right, the subconscious mind is you know. Even Dolores Cannon she used to say, look, I yeah, I mean, you know, she she started saying that these messages were coming through your subconscious mind. But she goes, that's not exactly the term that I'm looking for. She just didn't know what else to call it. And then she started talking about the higher self. So you know it it converted from subconscious to the higher self. Your subconscious is is more of kind of like your like you're programming if you really think about it like that.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, all right, yeah, I mean because I understood it like your your sub at least, this is how I understood your Your subconscious is the thing that notices everything, notices things that your conscious mind doesn't notice. And so that's why symbols and and you know, when you go into a past life progression, you'll get a certain experience depending on what your subconscious has seen and understands, you know what I mean, the part of your mind that that just gives you the messages, you know. And so it's like I I'm like stuck in the middle of is it just your mind or is it? Is it something more?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it kind of reminds me of like in this is kind of like the image I'm getting in my mind is kind of like a if you if you put it in like neoplatonic terms, so you have the One, then the noos than the world soul, and then uh, the physical world, you know, and that's that's the one that's emanating on everything, and every single world or every single emanation is kind of like farther away from God but still connected, right, or farther away from the One but still connected. I almost look at it like this, like if we're talking about strictly you and your mind and your subconscious and your conscious mind, and uh, you want to also include the daemon. Let's just say the damon is your spirit. I mean essentially, that's that's what it would be called. If you're if you're trying to group it into like father, son and holy spirit, it would be the spirit, right, and so you know, if you look at it so essentially, the physical world would be your physical body, let's just say that, and the world soul would be your conscious mind. The noose would be your subconsciousness subconscious I guess, and maybe your your gaming would be so closely related to the one or so closely I don't know. Maybe I said that wrong, but either way, it's it's it all seems that like you have so many different modalities of what you call yourself. You have you know, your mind, your subconscious, your your conscious mind, your you know, your your spirit so to say, and your physical body. So essentially look at yourself like you have literally four yous, right, and and some some people like you know, every so often we like to mess up from time to time and and aid a cheeseburger or have you know, sex when we shouldn't be with this person or that person or whatever, you know, and that's more of like the physical you know, like that's that's used to coming to your animalistic mind in a sense. And then you know, when you're sitting in meditation, maybe that is right when because that's what I was saying that, you know, the the the daemon isn't It doesn't scream at you, It doesn't even doesn't even say anything loudly to you.
Speaker 4: It's more of the whisper.
Speaker 6: And if you think of that whisper, you know, that divine consciousness of the daemon, then that would probably only happen like within meditation, during the dreaming, because that's the only time where you shut the fuck up for a little bit, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And I guess when it comes to your mind, I guess we can talk about awareness, you know, because I've had time where I feel like I'm not seeing synchronicities as often, you know, maybe here and there, but definitely not as much as I have experienced in the past. And so when it comes to our mind, that's where the disconnect is. It's because it's just my my my level of awareness to it, you know what I mean. But the the ener genius or the you know, the damon is always there, you know, trying to show me things, but I'm just not paying attention. And so that's the part that gets in the way.
Speaker 4: I guess, Well, and that's what what was that Socrates?
Speaker 6: That was basically just like, look, I'm not going to go against my damon, Like my damon didn't do anything wrong, right, and so I'm not like I'll die before I go against that. And that's just your your soul's connection, you know, Jesus dying on the cross. That's essentially what that is is that he was like, you know, my damon or God if you want to put it that way, and you could probably even you know, interchangeably say God. In a sense, it's your connection. It's your you know, your your cell phone to God or something like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, well you know how it said that the damon was kind of neutral, you know what I'm saying. I feel like there's times where, and I'm sure everyone has experienced this where you kind of talk down to yourself and you're kind of saying to yourself like, ah, you're a piece of shit, because you know you're not doing as much as you should, or maybe you did eat that cheeseburger and you're just kind of like talking shit to yourself. That can't beat your damon.
Speaker 4: Right, No, no, not at all.
Speaker 6: I don't think I don't think so anyway, not according to this, And that was only us. That was only one person's view calling it neutral. By the way, that was let's see, uh in Roman culture under figures like Cicero and Seneca, So in Latin it says it's still carried mostly positive or neutral connotations. So okay, okay, there's that. So anyway, let's get back to it over here. So now we're going to get into the damon equalling the higher self. So this is the golden thread weaving through it all. Your damon is not something else. It is you, stripped of illusion. It's the version of you that already remembers the mission, already forgives the past, and already loves the future. It's your soul's compass. When you're aligned, it feels like flow, like deja vus, like I was meant to be here. When you ignore it, it feels like resistance, chaos and repeating loops of failure. You'll hear it in your gut your dreams or in strange synchronicities that seem to tug at your awareness. The damon may also be your genius, as the Romans called it, the spark of brilliance in art, invention or epiphany. When you create something that feels like it came from a deeper place, that's your damon showing up. You're not being possessed, you're being revealed.
Speaker 5: Wow. So even those people that don't like to take credit for their music that they wrote or you know, a script that they wrote, it's like, oh, it just it just came to me. You know that wasn't me. Oh maybe it was you know, just on a deeper level that you're not aware of.
Speaker 6: And look, if you don't want to align yourself with this, and you want to look at your higher self.
Speaker 4: And this is what a lot of people do.
Speaker 6: Like you think about like Electro Nick like his guides are the Pleaadians, Like, there's no way that could be him.
Speaker 4: Maybe it is.
Speaker 6: Maybe he just forgot that that was him or something along those lines. But you know, and some people will say, well, I'm talking to you know, my dead grandmother or you know, this was re Yukta schwar right, like from Autobiography of a Yogi and so and and maybe you want to just paint it as a different kind of figure or who was it, damn the roundtable guy that said we need to get every all those characters in our mind.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, Oh my god, dude, it's been so long. We need to get him back. Man, it's just ah fuck, such a great really bad. I feel really bad right now. I always can remember that guy's name.
Speaker 4: It starts with the N.
Speaker 5: I think it'll Nigel parent Nigel. So that's all I needed, dude, That's all I needed.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that's basically what he was saying, is like, you know, you get the roundtable of the people in your mind, do you want to have conversations with the the essentially versions of your higher self from different perspectives? And I mean maybe at that point you have five damons then.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, because they would all be connected anyways, probably if we're all one on high level.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: So, so yeah, that's the damon as the higher self. Now we're going to go to Damon versus demon the great inversion. So how did something so sacred become so feared? It all changed with the Christianization of the Roman Empire. Pagan's spiritual concepts like daemons were seen as competitors to the Church's control over the soul, so they were demonized.
Speaker 4: Literally.
Speaker 6: Augustine and others argued that all quote unquote pagan spirits were demons in disguise, tricksters luring people away from Christ. The daemon became a threat, even though it was originally a guide. This inversion wasn't accidental. It ensured that people would stop trusting their inner compass and instead rely on church authority. Over time, daemon became demon and all positive spiritual nuance was erased. This fear is still deeply embedded in Western culture. Many people think any inner voice is a temptation, when in fact it might just be their salvation.
Speaker 5: Something you need to hear. Man, shit, that's your guide. And look, I'm telling you, man, you start to if you start to really dwell on oh maybe maybe I have a demon. You know, you really start to dwell on that, you you will manifest that. I think you can cause a lot of anxiety and stress. And then before you know it, man, you're causing disease and you're sick, and you know what, I mean, and then you're possessed basically at that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, our thoughts can literally take on a mind of their own, and you let that snowball effect happen. By the end of the day, you got a fucking you know, a super huge boulder that is just on your back.
Speaker 5: But the good news is is you can exercise that demon yourself, you know, and get rid of it.
Speaker 6: Yes you can, Yes you can. So uh so, how to work.
Speaker 4: With your damon? We're going to get right into that now, Okay.
Speaker 6: So to work with your damon, you must first make space for it. This means silence, reflection, shadow work. The demon doesn't scream, It whispers, and if you're always distracted or numbing it out, you'll never hear it. Start by asking this, what part of me feels ancient? What part of me already knows the answer? This is not about rational thinking. It's about resonance practices like dream journaling, active imagination, tarot or oracle work, deep meditation, or creative flow states like in music, art writing, whatever your artistic thing is, to where you can get in that flow state. These are all open portals for your damon to emerge. Treat it like a sacred ally.
Speaker 5: Give it a name.
Speaker 4: If one arises, let it.
Speaker 6: Show you where you've betrayed yourself, not to punish, but to liberate. When the damon is integrated, you no longer need to ask anyone else who you are. You know, you remember and you return.
Speaker 5: M Dude, when you're in that creative flow, dude, and you're doing that thing that that you're I mean, call it your gift if it's easy for you to do for no reason at all. Of course, maybe you practiced at it or what have you. But when when you're in the zone, dude, and your all of your awareness is on that one thing, man, So it's so nice. It's a peaceful place, man, it's your happy place.
Speaker 6: Oh dude, when you fully commit to something and you know nothing in the world, like literally nothing else in the world is happening outside of the bubble of whatever you got going on right there with you is going on in the treehouse, oh dude. Like that's yeah, you're narrowing in, you know what I mean. And that's the flow state, because.
Speaker 5: That's the flame of the candle, dude, exactly too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so that's what you know people will say is that, you know, the only the present moment matters. There's no such thing as the past, there's no such thing as the future. And if you can finally convince yourself of that, that's essentially what's going on in the flow state. You're not worried about what's going on in the past, You're not worried about what's going on in the future.
Speaker 5: You're not even worried about what's going about time in general.
Speaker 6: Dude, you're not worried about what's going on in the other room, you know what I mean? Like, you're so into that flow state, and that's what they're saying that that's where you know, that flow state is the damon Essentially.
Speaker 5: That's where it's time to start having that conversation, you know, when you get to that quiet place.
Speaker 4: I love it, dude, Yes, yes, so.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: Demon damon's have popped up in pop culture, as as many people have told us here his in his dark materials, people's souls live outside them in the form of talking animal damons.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: In The Exorcist, the fear of possession is the shadow inversion of that of that same archetype, suggesting how closely linked guidance and fear. Truly are movies like Donnie Darko Fight Club shout out one of the best movies of all time, and even the Oa gets a shout out in this one. Oh really show characters confronting forces that seem like their other but are really inner aspects uh Damons in disguise. These stories show us what happens when we suppress or engage that inner guide. Even superheroes often fit this mold Spider Man Spidery Sense, Luke Skywalker's Jedi intuition. These are all echoes of the damon idea, buried under layers of fiction. Our modern myths still remember even when we forget.
Speaker 5: That's other creatives tapping into that divine force if you will, you know, and just kind of putting it into their art because it's there.
Speaker 6: Dude, Yeah, well they pulled force, they got into that flow state, you know.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: So now we're going to get into Alan Watts of course, had to get up in this conversation. His quote is you don't come into this world, you come out of it, like away from the ocean.
Speaker 4: You're not a stranger here.
Speaker 6: So yeah, we're gonna use we're gonna use this idea essentially kind of building off of this to show everybody that we are not separate from divinity, in that the damon is an echo of our true origin. So what is a damon? According to Carl Jung, this is his one of his quotes. In each of us, there is another whom that we do not know. He speaks to us in dreams and tells us how differently he sees us from the way that we see ourselves.
Speaker 5: That's cool. Of course, Young was on a day.
Speaker 6: Of course, another quote from Alan Watts to go out of your mind once a day is tremendously important because going out of your mind you come to you come to your senses, or because by going out of mind you come to your senses.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 6: Just make sure to come back to you know it's balanced. Yeah, I mean sometimes you get to eat, you know, I love it. So now we're going to get to Socrates and Plato's a couple of their quotes here. So Socrates said, a divine or spiritual voice, which began when I was a child, it always forbids me to do something that I am going to do, but never commands me to do anything.
Speaker 5: Just a little warning shot, you know, little office pop.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Plato, another quote from him, Everything daimonic is between divine and mortal. Yeah, it's that connection, bridge connection. Yeah, it's the fucking rainbow bridge all day. So this, and it even says this clearly defines the damon as a bridge or intermediary, reinforcing the whole concept of the show.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 6: So now we're going to get to neoplatonism. So you got and we've talked about a couple of these names in neoplatonism, but the third one we haven't really brought up too much.
Speaker 4: So you have.
Speaker 6: Plato, Platinus, and then Proclus which is a new name to me, but a couple of quotes from Platinus, who was essentially like the father of neoplatonism. So he says, we are always what we are, but we do not always know it. To be a man is to be forgetful. Wow, So to be human essentially is to be forgetful.
Speaker 5: Holy shit.
Speaker 6: Another quote of Platinus, he goes, withdraw into yourself and look, and if you do not find yourself beautiful, yet act as as does the creator of a statue that is to be made beautiful. He cuts away here, he smooths there until a god like splendor is revealed.
Speaker 4: Ha ha, that's cool. That is pretty cool.
Speaker 6: So it says this is practically a manual for damon work, inner refinement to match divine essence. And then of course you got a quote by Proclus. His quote is each of us has within us the god given power of spiritual assent. The daemon is the link between our soul and its divine source that somehow got turned to de.
Speaker 5: Yep, of course, dud of course.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's all right. We're here to write some of the wrongs.
Speaker 5: That's what we're trying, man, We're trying to figure it out.
Speaker 6: So now we're going to get into gnostic and Hermetic parallels. So in the Hermetic text called Corpus Hermeticum, the first first edition, I think that says within it, within man is the noose the divine reason, which can lead the soul back to the divine world if purified.
Speaker 5: That's the news that we're constantly filling the need to contemplate.
Speaker 6: Oh shit, we got a quote from something to figure out, dude. Yeah, so we got a quote from Dolores Cannon in here. Oh all right, this is from her book called Between Death and Life Highly highly suggests everybody read this book because it's not about between life and death.
Speaker 4: It's between death and life.
Speaker 6: So it's like, what happens once you die and what's the in between window of one dead before you reincarnate.
Speaker 4: Or go on to the next thing? Right, right, so cool?
Speaker 6: But her quote from that book is, you are not just a body with a soul. You're a soul experiencing through a body. The higher self is the true self, and it always knows what you need to learn.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it'd be nice if it would just take over a little more often, you know, it's so so much hard work to access that sometimes.
Speaker 6: Well, and that just goes back to I mean, how often are we meditating? Because I and we do. We fucking try and hammer this one home as often as we can, and even we don't meditate as often as we should.
Speaker 4: But the more you meditate and.
Speaker 6: The more you just quiet the mind and get back to that level of awareness that knows and is guiding you and is literally the spark of the whole. Right, the more we quiet that down, I mean, maybe the more frequent the synchronicities happen, and more frequent in alignment that you feel. So yeah, But anyway, her quote here, so her version of the damon is the higher self that exists outside of time and space. Okay, so it's on one dig it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: Nextly, we're gonna go to a couple of quotes here by Carl Jung. So in Young in Psychology and the Damon. A quote by Carl Jung is, the self is a circle whose center is the ego. The greater the circle of the greater the circle of awareness, the closer one moves toward the self. Okay, so all right, so your your divine self essentially is what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your true self, not the self that's masked with the ego and and all the other bullshit.
Speaker 6: Exactly. Yeah, so let's see we got here. Another one from Carl Jung. The damon stands between the ego and the self. If the ego refuses to hear it, the damon becomes a devil. If the ego cooperates, the damon becomes a guiding spirit.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, dude, That makes sense because it does feel you know, when you're when you don't feel quite as connected to that divine source or or you know what I mean. You know, ultimately you're connected, but then you lose sight of that, you get distracted, and then you start to see more obstacles, you know, things that are making your life harder, and so ultimately it's just a a dark or or a bad entity, you know in that sense if you look at that way, I guess.
Speaker 6: Oh, dude, I mean literally, what he's saying here is that essentially anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, even suicide itself are all the results of you not having more of a connection to your own inner awareness, your own higher self, your own damon and back in those terms, right, And you can see it, dude, like how many people are They're stuck in jobs they don't like, They're stuck in relationships.
Speaker 4: They don't like.
Speaker 6: They they don't have good relationships with their kids or their friends or anything. They're just completely lost. Right, you think about like midlife crisises and whatnot. It's like all of that is really transpiring because it's been so long that that like, you haven't connected with your own inner divinity that ultimately connects you to the whole of everything. Right that you know you've lost You know that that inner spark that that light has gotten so dim that it's barely even there anymore.
Speaker 5: And those are the sort of things that I would be okay with labeling. If you must label it, I would be okay with it being a demon. You know, those negative thoughts, Those those the times you're talking shit to yourself and you're no good, Like that's a demon.
Speaker 6: You know, Yeah, exactly. And so how funny is that though? That, like when you don't listen to your damon or damon, that that's whenever a demon appears, right, I mean essentially, not literally, but essentially that's kind of what's going on. You know, like your your life is dark and gloomy. You're having thoughts.
Speaker 4: That you don't want to have.
Speaker 6: You know, you're you're talking shit about yourself at literally every moment of the day, burying yourself even deeper than you already are with you know, in the previous moment, like that's hell, that's where demons live.
Speaker 5: And then you get addicted to that, you know what I mean. I've heard I forget who it was that was speaking on this, but they were saying that you get addicted to those negative emotions. Once you get that ball rolling, it's almost like it just creates this, uh, I don't know, just this habit or this addiction to to feeling those negative emotions and and putting yourself through that cycle, you know, and then that's why it's so hard to get get rid of that. And so then some might say you need an exorcism.
Speaker 6: Probably you know, well, you find comfort in it because it's it's so the known now, it's regular, Like that's that's like comforting to you the shit talking on yourself and belittling yourself and everything like that. And you think about that, like if you're in alignment and you're doing what you love doing and you love the people that you're around, and every day you wake up, it's like, oh my god, I get to do today again. How awesome is that? Right, You're not going to be in that headspace, you know, you're not going to be like belittling yourself and talking shit about yourself and having anxiety and having depression and feeling completely disconnected from not only everybody around you, but from the source.
Speaker 4: Of which you came, you know.
Speaker 5: Dude. Yeah, man.
Speaker 6: So one more quote here from Carl Jung. He goes, the privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are, which directly reflects damon integration and individuation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's probably easier when you get into that flow. You know, everything just starts working out good exactly.
Speaker 6: So I'm uh, here we go the Daemon equalling the Higher Self through the words of Alan Watts and Dolores Cannon. So Alan Watts, and I'm bringing up all these quotes to just show you that, like, look, it wasn't just a pagan thing, and it didn't necessarily die in you know, uh by the creation of Christianity and stuff. The idea of it has still carried on. People just renamed.
Speaker 5: It essentially and was still very much understood by the deepest of all thinkers.
Speaker 6: Right, I mean, Carl Young called it the Self. Dolores Cannon called it the Higher Self. Alan Watts, you know, he just said, look, you were never separate from anything, So why are you backing like you are?
Speaker 5: Right exactly, dude.
Speaker 6: So Alan Watts a quote right here from his book titled The Book He goes you are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself. Maybe that's the Damon's view you. Dolores Cannon said, the higher Self is always there whispering, guiding, but it will never interfere. It waits for permission.
Speaker 5: Oh right.
Speaker 4: There, that's it. So damon versus demon the.
Speaker 5: I feel like, did I already read this? No?
Speaker 6: Okay, another game. We got a bunch of quotes from Carl Young and Alan Wats.
Speaker 5: For some reason.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not I'm not complaining.
Speaker 6: So another quote from Carl Young, he goes, the reason for evil in the world is that people are not able to tell their stories from his book titled Memories, Dreams and Reflections, and so essentially you can kind of use this quote to imply that the daemon was demonized because its truth was suppressed. When we lose our mythic memory, we turn guides into monsters.
Speaker 5: M damn fear dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: Start hearing a voice telling you some stuff, You're like, oh, what is that?
Speaker 6: I always found it very strange that anytime you talk to a religious person, you go into some kind of religious or spiritual type of experience, it's.
Speaker 4: Always a demon.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's never an angel, it's never God, it's.
Speaker 6: Never Jesus, it's always it's always what it has to be because you didn't ask Jesus or you didn't ask literally God, And why would you ask God? You're not even a Christian, you know what I mean? Like kind of deal. So that's sad. But anyway, Alan watts a quote here he goes, the devils are in the deep unconscious, not because they're evil, but because they're forgotten.
Speaker 4: Okay, essentially, Yeah, the shadow work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 6: So working with your demon or Damon rather sorry, Dolorus Cannon said, ask, That's all it takes. Just ask and be open. The higher self can only guide if you listen.
Speaker 5: This this I firmly believe, dude. Wherever this is coming from, obviously we don't know. But I did have a really crazy experience in some one time where I was actually and I think we had just interviewed Cassandra and she was saying about asking, asking for your guides, you know, and actually opening up that communication. And as soon as I did, within I don't know, ten seconds, dude, that was when I had that weird bow like it was a flash that I saw while my eyes were closed. And so I mean, as soon as you open that up, and a lot of people and even a lot of religious people would tell you. You know, you just got to open yourself up to it, you know. And so it's the same supernatural force that everyone's talking about. It's just got different labels and different understandings, and you know, it's all the same thing. We're all part of it.
Speaker 4: And that's what it was saying earlier that it essentially will feel like an epiphany moment, you know why you become open to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, it was. It was a pretty It scared the shit out of me, dude. At first, it was just like bow like a you know when you turn on the light and the light bulb burns out and it's like like that. But it was right here in my I you know. And I remember calling you the next day and I was like, dude, the craziest thing happened, you know. And yeah, I mean I know that wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me, because I mean I wasn't asleep or anything. I was fully consciously aware, and this thing just happened like I was having an experience. And I had another experience just recently do where it looked like light was coming out of my chest and I could see it real briefly, Dude, and I was like, whoa like a bright light? Oh yeah, who knows who that is, but it's it's yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, by the way, remind me once we're kind of through reading all this to talk about my experience at bro Grove, oh and my psychedelic experience because yeah, wild dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But anyway, all right, so yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, here's another quote by Carl Jung. He goes, if you do not speak to your damon, it will speak to you as fate.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a good interesting yeah. Essentially, like you know, people are like, oh, well, you know, that's just that's that's as fatal have it, you know, like, that's just that's just my that's my destiny, you know, destined to be a seek like a C plus kind of human, you know or whatever. And it's like, well, yeah, because you're not listening to you know, the inner higher self, the damon, right m hm. And that's the one thing I wanted to hit on real quick. I was gonna say it earlier, but as far as when you're in that cycle of talking shit to yourself, and and the reason another reason why I think it's kind of uh, you get kind of addicted to it and you just continue to do that is because you're you're basically just lowering your own bar like as low as it can go. And I mean, now everything is just it's easy because failure is okay, you know, and not doing well is okay because of course you know, this is this is who I am.
Speaker 5: I suck, you know what I mean? Oh yeah, yeah, so you flip it on its head and now your bar goes up. Now you have to rise to that occasion, you know.
Speaker 6: Right, right, And we've all been there to where like we just kind of find solace in beating up ourselves. So nobody else can say anything like Eminem did it great? And n eight mile right, it's like yes trash and yes my mom, did you know steal my car or whatever?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: That's you know, and there's there's some piece in.
Speaker 6: That which even even if you think about it, like what a wild creation or what a wild existence that you can even find peace and destruction of your mind of yourself dude, Yeah, pretty wild. So yeah, just going back to this young end quote, if you do not speak to your damon, it will speak to you as fate. It says, this is gold, and it perfectly describes the inner voice becoming outer chaos when ignored.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 6: One uh a quote right here by Proclus he goes, when the soul lives in harmony with its damon, it fulfills its divine image on earth.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 4: That's solid.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 6: Here we go, won by Alan Watts again, myth is a mirror. We recognize the images because they all let me just reread that. We recognize the images because they are already within us. So yeah, pretty freaking sweet. Oh here we go. Now we're going to get to it. So I figured, you know, since it was kind of literally demonized within Christianity, why don't we hear a couple of quotes from Jesus, possibly.
Speaker 5: Referring I was gonna ask you about that, but I didn't know if you had anything loaded up for that.
Speaker 6: Jesus on the inner guide the damon as christ consciousness, of course, yep, okay. So in Luke chapter seventeen, verses twenty through twenty one, it says, the Kingdom of God cometh not with observation, neither shall they say look here or look there, for behold, the Kingdom of God is within you.
Speaker 4: That's a Jesus quote.
Speaker 6: So the interpretation of it is that this is one of Jesus's clearest affirmations that divine truth is not external, it is internal. The kingdom within is is essentially like what and what to the damon your divine core guiding you back to God.
Speaker 5: Makes sense, dude, as far as you know, you can't really look at any of this with a logical mind, you know. And that's one thing that I hear a lot is you know, well, you can't think about it, you know, because I'll ask questions to people that are religious, and the same answer that I get is like, you can't think about it logically, you know. And so it makes sense that everybody kind of has their own their own way of doing things and understanding things through their experiences and what have you. You know what I mean, if if you try to explain any of that logically, you're not really gonna You're not You're never gonna fully understand.
Speaker 6: And there's logical ways of looking at this, you know what I'm saying, Like I don't know. I mean, that's a whole other kind of mind that you got to get into to like blindly follow and blindly believe don't ask any questions, just trust the plan kind of thing. I've never been one of those kind of people that just goes along to get along, Like you know, We've always been kind of the outcast that like asks questions and and that's you know, that's obviously like why even a lot of the one are here because we ask questions were we're intuitive, we're in touch with whatever that is within us that whenever we hear something to just follow blindly, we're like why, like let me understand why, Like I need to understand why this works or why you're saying to do this kind.
Speaker 5: Of thing, right right, well, I mean you're gonna ask those questions and try to wonder. When someone comes up to you and it's like hey, you know, just let you know you're gonna go to hell, you know, it's like, right, well, let me figure out why you think this and understand it from myself exactly.
Speaker 6: So then we got another one from John chapter fourteen, verse twenty six. This is another Jesus quote that says, but the comforter, which is the holy ghost from the Father, will send in my name. He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance.
Speaker 5: Your remembrance you already know. You just gotta recognize, recognize Christ consciousness right here. What you want to call it, Christ consciousness, your higher self, You're damon whatever. Everybody's got a name, you are exactly. So the interpretation is is that the Holy Spirit here acts as an inner teacher, a function that is indistinguishable from that of the damon or higher self. It's not outside help. It reminds you of truth that you already carry. And this is why when we you know, you have an experience and you slightly remove the veil, all of a sudden, things that you never thought you knew just makes so much sense.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, it's just like, dude, it's like that inner knowing. It is so obvious that it's like real, you know what I'm saying, Like you don't even question it. It's like, I don't know. It's like a second language almost that you're almost unfamiliar with, that you automatically just remember whenever you're in that flow.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. It's a happy place, dude, it is.
Speaker 6: The next one is from the Gospel of Thomas. This is more of the Gnostic variety. But I figured, hey, well we'll include the Gnostic and the the not Gnostic texts from you know, the regular Bible and the Gnostic writings. So from the Gospel of Thomas, and this is saying seventy that's what they're called. He goes or Jesus says, if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
Speaker 5: Oh shitude, there's your savior and your devil right there, exactly.
Speaker 6: So the interpretation from this one it says, this is one of the most direct Gnostic parallels to Young's Damon quote. If you do not speak to your damon, it will speak to you as fate.
Speaker 5: The idea that the.
Speaker 6: Inner force is either liberating or destructive depending on how you relate to it at the heart.
Speaker 4: Of Damon work.
Speaker 5: Fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 6: Next one is from John chapter five, verse nineteen. This is a quote another one. These are all from Jesus, by the way, So even though like for anybody it's unfamiliar with the Bible, Like as I stated earlier, the four main gospels in the Bible, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Yeah, it's like it's their chapters, but they're all Jesus sayings. Essentially, these are like Jesus's life was essentially.
Speaker 4: Written in these four books.
Speaker 6: Okay, according to the Bible, So John chapter five, verse nineteen, Jesus says, the son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth that the Father do. For what things soever he does, these also do the Son.
Speaker 4: Likewise, that's written in very old English.
Speaker 5: It's very hard for me to understand. I'm at to read that a couple times.
Speaker 6: So the interpretation is essentially saying this. Jesus acknowledges that he follows the quote unquote Father. What the Father is kind of like the daemon of the Higher Self, right, He acknowledges that he follows the Father, but Gnostic readings see the Father as the inner divine source rather than an external sky God. It's the Higher Self, the Christ within a term mirrored by what the Greeks would call the damon.
Speaker 5: I love it. I love it, dude. The next why all this shit works? Man?
Speaker 2: It do?
Speaker 6: The next one is from the Gospel of Thomas Saying three, where Jesus says, the kingdom is a side of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourself, then you will be known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the Living Father. The interpretation is that the daemon isn't just a voice, it's a gateway to divine sonship. Jesus teaches that when you awaken to your true self, the Divine reveals itself as being one with you. That is the essence of Christ consciousness and mirrors the daemon as a divine intermediary, that is you in your highest state.
Speaker 5: Wow, and it's very powerful. It can create a heaven on earth or a hell on earth.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then we go to John ten, verse thirty four. Jesus says that it is not written in your law. I said you are God's yep. So the interpretation is is that Jesus is quoting Psalm chapter eighty two, verse six, but recontextualizing it to pphasize the divinity within the very same concept that the daemon embodies. You are not merely a servant of God, but a vessel of God. And when in alignment with your divine self, you reflect that truth.
Speaker 5: It's inside all of us already. Man.
Speaker 6: A Gospel of Philip from the Gnostic text says those who say those who say they will die first and then rise are mistaken. If they do not receive the resurrection while they live, when they die, they will receive nothing.
Speaker 5: Oh that's not what I thought was understood.
Speaker 6: The interpretation is this supports the idea that awakening to your damon your divine self must happen in life through conscious through conscious inner work, you don't need to wait to be saved.
Speaker 4: You remember who you are.
Speaker 5: M dude. And this is the thing that I've been saying a lot lately, is that you know, it's, uh, this a way of life isn't necessarily for preparation of death, you know what I mean. It's to have a good way to live while you're here, now, you know. Yeah, I'm I'll be real with you, dude.
Speaker 6: The reason why I got into a lot of this like spiritual stuff as deep as I as I personally have, is because I've been trying to figure out what is the right way to live, you know, like, because sometimes you feel like you're you're trapped or you're strapped down and you don't really have a say so, and you got to go along to get along, and you got to do this, and you have to fulfill obligations and all this other kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: And I was like, sure, I'll do that.
Speaker 6: Just let me spiritually find out the truth and you know, and and that will kind of be my guide as to what my next step in life will be. I mean, if it's if I'm supposed to just do everything out of obligation, then I don't have any problem doing that. But if if that's not the answer, and I don't need to feel obligated that, you know, like because you feel so out of alignment whenever, literally everything in your life is an obligation right right, and you know, now you're doing things that you don't want to be doing, but you know you have to. And you know, whether you're working a job or whatever, maybe you're with somebody you don't want to be with, whatever the case may be. And so that's kind of like, really why I went into this whole spiritual you know, understand or got into all this spiritual stuff in the first place, because I was like, dude, what is the right way to live? Because I don't believe that anybody has a fucking speck of knowledge at all about what's the right way to live. So I'm not just gonna go and do what everybody else is doing. Let me, let me try and figure it out, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, that that's perfect, dude. I think that's that's what a lot of us here, you know, experience all the time, Like what what is the lens that I want to look through? That's the thing I've been really trying to narrow down. Surely I know not to do certain things, and I know what things are good, but but how do I really want to visualize what my existence is? You know? And I think that's I don't think anybody has a wrong answer, to be honest with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I mean it's your own kind of inner truth and your Damon will reveal it.
Speaker 5: That's it, dude, that's it.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so we read the Gospel of Philip. Oh, now we're gonna get to one of my favorite Bible quote. It's probably my favorite actual Bible quote. I kind of stated it earlier. I was right, though, Matthew, Chapter six, verse twenty two. Yep, good ship. It's probably because I did just read it when I was going over. So I'm not gonna suck my own that much. But so Matthew six twenty two. The light of the body. The light of the body is the eye. If therefore thine I be single, the whole body shall be full of light. The interpretation is Esoterically, the single eye has been interpreted as the pineal gland or inner vision, the eye through which the damon might be perceived full of light equals aligned with your divine guide.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. And that's where a lot of the school experiences happened. Dude. You know, when you're in meditation or you're just contemplating, that's when things happen, not when you're just in the physical world. I mean, sure you might have some synchronicities, and that's just I think that's pointing towards your level of awareness. But but yeah, when you're meditating and you experience something, it it feels very real. You know, it doesn't feel like something you made up just to trick yourself.
Speaker 6: What you're acting like in union, you know, And that's the idea behind like, you know, it's kind of like a you know, like a union when you get married, for example, right, Like you're now thinking as one unit rather than two separate individuals. And that's what we're talking about here. When we're talking about the union of you and you know, your third eye, your pinial plan, your dame on, your christ or whatever. With that, it's a fucking union. You guys are coexisting, you're working together, you know, and they're creating. Du Yeah, you're you're co creating. And if you look at your life as a co creation rather than just you're in charge of everything and you you don't have anybody to talk to, or anybody to ask, or anybody to work with or anything like that, then of course you're gonna feel like, oh my god, I gotta do all this, I gotta do all that. That's where anxiety and depression come along. But you know, you got to get back to co creating.
Speaker 5: You know. That's it, dude, that's it.
Speaker 6: So my question to the one out here is was Jesus actually talking about the damon because I think that he was.
Speaker 5: I think so when he was talking, he was on some ship. Dude, you know he knew some shit. Oh he definitely did so.
Speaker 6: Uh So, Yeah, I mean that's pretty much it what I got so far. I mean, I got a couple more things here, but then we're going to get to the chat over here and then we'll get to the tarot and then the meditation and all the fun experience. Oh that's right, Yeah, we'll get to that. We'll get to that here a minute. Just remind me again. So now you know about the damon. The voice that nudged you when no one else was looking, the whisper in the stillness, The invisible hand that pulled you back from the edge. Was never a ghost, It was never madness. It was you, in the most divine form, the part of you that never forgot who you were before the.
Speaker 4: World named you. The damon is not above you, it's not outside of you. It's the sacred fire within you, your compass, your guardian. You're twin born of starlight and memory. It does not speak in fear, it does not command in rage. It guides with grace, and it waits in silence until you are ready to listen. And now you are. You've walked through the temples of Greece, into the minds of Plato, Socrates, Proclus, Young Jesus, Jesus, and the mystics of old. You've seen the lies that turned a guardian into a devil. You've remembered that salvation was never something to be found it was something to remember. So what now?
Speaker 6: You speak its name, you light a candle, you take a walk, or you close your eyes, and you ask, show me who I was before the forgetting. Speak to me again, and it will not with thunder, not with fire, but with a.
Speaker 5: Feeling, a knowing, a return love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, beautiful, a little bit more. Actually, sorry, I thought that was gonna be it too. One more quote from the Gospel of Thomas says, if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this is not the end of the story.
Speaker 6: This is the beginning of your real life, now, the life that your Damon already knows you're capable of living. As you walk forward, trust this, you're not alone, you're not broken, and you're not lost. You've just remembered the part of yourself that always knew the way. So if this rings true to the divine spark within you, then tonight you met your damon. Now let the real journey begin.
Speaker 5: I love it, dude. That's a that's a you know, I was speaking earlier about choosing a lens to look through. I think that's a pretty cool one. You know, as far as you know a way of life. I love it and don't get caught and semantics.
Speaker 6: You know, I know that some people are gonna listen to this and they're gonna be like, oh, so the demon's here to save you, you know what I mean. It's like, all right, just put another term on it, like put it on say it's your guide, Say it's your guardian angel. You know, this is actually something that even I mean, Aleister Crowley, whatever you want to think about him, he was kind of a shithead. But if you look into even what he says it whenever whenever, uh damn it. What was it called the Damon? Whenever he spoke spoke of the Damon, he literally called it the Guardian Angel.
Speaker 5: So whatever you want, you know, those are just labels anyways.
Speaker 6: So essentially, yeah, so look at it like your guardian angel. Look at it like it's God. Look at it like it's your connection to God. Maybe it's your connection to your ancestors. But whatever it is, it's that signal. Essentially, it is your cell phone signal, it's your Wi Fi signal, it's you know, it's the you know, the interconnective kind of connecting tissue or connecting wires to the divine.
Speaker 5: So I love it. Yeah, I love it freaking sweet dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, I thought, you know, I was actually looking about this and whenever I found this out, I was like, oh my god. Literally the term demon comes from Higher Self and and you know, it is like it's like the most ancient conspiracy of all time if you think about it.
Speaker 5: They didn't even change a word that much, you.
Speaker 4: Know, dude, I mean they got les with it.
Speaker 6: They were like, you know what, let's let's slap that a off, you know what I mean, Like we're just gonna get really weird. And so I actually I called Jacob and I was like, dude, you gotta let me fucking run this on the cult bro, like that's this is one of the oldest conspiracies of all time. And Jacob was just like, well, I mean, is it though? And I was like, what, you know, because he's Christian, you know, that's how he's going to look at it, like he don't believe in the Higher Self or he don't believe and you know, he believes that humans are just lesser than and I mean to each their own. But so, yeah, I had to run it on Meta even though it's kind of conspiratorial, kind of spiritual.
Speaker 4: It was kind of riding in the middle there.
Speaker 5: I love it. I love it, dude, And you know, I don't know, I kind of feel I kind of feel bad. You know if if someone has an intuitive thought or or you know, their guide is nudging them and they're like, well, I'm not a prophet, that must be a demon. I'm just going to not listen to that, you know, Like I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you know, it's just that the only thing how a demon is created, just funny is by not listening to your damon, right literally, I mean, and.
Speaker 5: You will call it pete and you'll call it.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 6: Kara said, such a good topic for this new moon, bring that power back to yourself.
Speaker 4: Amen's sister.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we'll get into that story now. All right.
Speaker 6: So this past weekend at bro Grove, we went out to Florida, which is it was like an hour outside of Orlando, so pretty pretty close to Orlando, and so flew in went to Brohemian Grove that night. We got in Friday morning. Friday night we had our panel at Brohemian Grove where me and Jacob we got up on stage and we talked for like an hour, hour and fifteen minutes or something like that, and it was just all about aliens.
Speaker 4: What are they? You know?
Speaker 6: Of course you had a lot of Christians there, so they all believe that, you know, it was demons or evil entities or something like that, which I was like, come on, dude, you can't open up your third eye, you know, like just stop thinking that everything's evil for one second. So yeah, we got up there. We called on a bunch of people. Dude, we caught on Donut, which was really cool to actually see him in person.
Speaker 4: We called on a.
Speaker 6: Bunch of awesome people. There was these people called the Biblical Hitmen, which they were pretty cool. Who else was up there? The paranoid American His name was Thomas. I've had him on the Cult as well, and a bunch of other people, and it was really cool getting to know, like, and you know, see how these people are in person, because I've talked to him for years, you know, on on podcasts and stuff, but seeing him in person, especially Donut, like he was the most I was most excited to meet Donut because he, dude, he's always been diving into the esoteric and the Illuminati and all of that kind of stuff. And that's why that's my ship whenever it comes to conspiracy. I want to know the esoteric meaning behind a lot of it, you know. And so it was really cool because after we had him on the panel, and after we were done with the panel, Donut came up to me. He goes, dude, you are you guys are really good and I was like really because I was shipping my pants up on stage, you know, like I was scared shitless. But yeah, it came out really good and so we were really proud of that. So anyway, we ended up going back to the Airbnb. Me, Jacob and a couple other people ended up going back the Spirit Animal. If you've listened to the Cult of Conspiracy live show, Spirit Animal is always there. We got to meet him in person. He's exactly like you would expect, just a wild fucking wild man. Really cool guy though, and enough said, Steph was there, which was really cool. And so yeah, after everybody was winding down, I looked over at Steph and I was like, it's that time, and she was then she knew like that's what she was staying for, because we were gonna we were gonna do psychedelics together or for Raco, really is what we did.
Speaker 4: And so we did it.
Speaker 6: And I was like, look, it's it's gonna come on within fifteen or twenty minutes. It's gonna hit you pretty fast. And I said, whenever it does, just close your eyes and don't say anything. Just just observe. Observe that's all. Just become. Just be awareness. Don't don't have any anything to do in your mind at all, just be the observer, right and so, and it was funny because we sat on like we we were sitting like she sat in a recliner. I was sitting on a couch, and I would every so often I would open my eyes to just get a little peer at her to see how she's reacting to it, you know. And dude, the entire time, she was grinning from ear to ear, like absolute solace, so much solitude, so much peace and happiness and understanding. You know, Like I could tell that that's what was going on because I was feeling it too.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It was something that whenever you're there, and I mean, yeah.
Speaker 5: There natural state, just happy and smiling, oh dude, I mean.
Speaker 6: And the visuals are awesome, don't get me wrong, but that's secondary. Not of it that secondary because I'm telling you you like psychedelics and I, I mean, this is just my own personal opinion. This, this is my experience. Psychedelics bring you back to that level of understanding, like to where you don't you don't question anything. You know what's going on now, like and and there's like a bunch of epiphanies that that go on like so and one of the epiphanies that I had was like because whenever I was sitting there on the couch and I you know, I closed my eyes and I went inward.
Speaker 4: It was like, Wow, if.
Speaker 6: Aliens were ever going to come, they would just come in the moment and they they they almost exist like outside of time, you know, call it aliens or spirits or gods or whatever. If anybody was going to come, this is how they would do it because they would enter this space. And this is just you know, maybe my mind just tripping. I don't know, this is your mind on drugues. But but that was like my understanding is that they could almost like pause time because they exist outside of time. And that's where you see like all the interdimensional shit, the you know, the orbs or the the UFOs they pop in and then they pop out of existence kind of thing, and that was kind of where my mind went. And uh, it was. It was pretty awesome. But after a while, I you know, I saw Stephanie started to open up her eyes and I was like, hey, you want to see something even cooler than that.
Speaker 4: Let's go outside.
Speaker 5: I was like, let's go outside, right, dude.
Speaker 6: She takes one step outside the front door and she looks down at the grass and she is giggling like crazy, and I was like, what are you laughing at? And she was like, dude, the fucking grass is so green.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I'm.
Speaker 5: Telling you it is.
Speaker 6: I know, and it sounds ridiculous, but it's just because it amplifies everything.
Speaker 5: Just appreciate it more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get into that level of appreciation because everything is so beautiful, Like every single thing is so beautiful, the night sky, the trees, the grass, like something as silly as just the grass. Appreciating appreciating it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It was really it was really fun.
Speaker 6: And I said, you know what, let's I'm gonna I'm gonna read you in here a little bit on what me and Sean do whenever we do psychedelics together. And I said, let's go walk out in the street and I was like, just look up at the sky. And so we were looking up at the sky and we were like, oh my god, there is something extra going on right now, you know. And I said, I said, you know what's funny is that me and and I kind of want to get your you know, your thoughts on this. And I said, what me and Sean came to the conclusion was was that it almost feels like whenever you're staring up at the sky when you're on psychedelics, that there's Papa Razzi and because it's just like a bunch of everything. And she started busting out laughing. She was like, holy shit, I was just thinking that right and saw she was able to see. Yeah, she felt that she saw it right. And so we, you know, we just started talking and very in depth kind of talking, right, like conversations you don't just have with surface level, you know kind of people, you know, and we're going in on each other about each other's lives and in depth kind of stuff. It was really nice actually, until so we were leaning up against the car that I rented right and it was parked out in the street and we were looking up at one corner of the sky. And when we were looking up there, we saw it. Or I was like, holy shit, did you see that? And she goes, yeah, what was that? And and I was like, you know, that's what electro Nick calls the homies, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the homies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And so she was seeing it, and and so it was like really cool. But then they kept on happening and happening and happening, and it was just dude, I mean non stop. We saw twenty or thirty of them in one night, like within an hour, and it was like they were popping up almost every minute or every other minute there for a little while, almost to the point where we were like, oh, it's not even that crazy to even look at that portion of the sky that you're gonna say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we were like what is that then?
Speaker 6: And and some of them were, you know, brighter, some of them were a little bit more dim, some of them would fade a little faster, some of them would stick around a little bit more often, but they all seem to be going the same general direction of the sky over knee or over the forested area, right, and it was literally we were looking all over the sky, didn't see him anywhere except for this one position in the sky. And Stephanie was just like, you know, it almost gives kind of like the vibe that like they're working, like they're doing that. It's like, you're probably right, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, contractors of this reality just kind of making sure everything stays together for us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so it was really cool and then we do we just ended up talking for like three hours after that.
Speaker 5: It was just awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a great night.
Speaker 5: I'm glad she was able to see the stars and the paparazzi do because I feel like, yeah, sure you'll see some visuals when you close your eyes and you'll see the trees and you will feel like some sort of connection to a tree that doesn't even make sense to you, but in the moment it's so real. But when you look at the stars, dude, it's probably the most majestic experience you'll ever have, you know, just and I'm part of that. Yeah, and just I love it, you.
Speaker 4: Know, separate from it.
Speaker 6: And so that was that was really our experience. It was really good, and you know, I kind of came to my own conclusion that I was like, Dude, I've been waiting so long to trip again, Like I like it almost like my last DMT trip almost scared me from doing it again on some real shit, and you know, I was really hesitant, and I was like, man, I really don't want that to happen again, you know, like kind of you know.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know, it's not going to go there for you with the at least with the four Aco but but yeah, I can still understand the concern.
Speaker 6: And and I asked Steph afterward and I was like, because the last bro growth, she came and we we all did d like actual d MT, and then this trip we did the four Aco d MT, and I was like, which one do you like better? And she goes, fucking this by a mile oh, And I was like I feel the same exact way. Sure, So yeah, I really really cool experience. But yeah, that was that was that. And after Dude, in the middle of it, I was like, oh my god, what have I.
Speaker 4: Waited so long for?
Speaker 5: This is what I love?
Speaker 6: Like it was it's just so majestic, it's so it's dude, It's one of the most spiritual things that you can ever, ever, ever experience. You know, we can all meditate, we can all dream, we can all have deja vu, we can all see synchronicities, but you're not fully encapsulated into three plus hours, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like it is as spiritual as it gets, bro.
Speaker 6: And I was thinking too that, like like, dude, that's where we go when we die, Like like I don't even question it anymore.
Speaker 5: That's space the treehouse, right, yeah, you know that's the thing that I don't understand. Well, I guess I kind of do understand. But like you can go into a dark room and you don't see the paparazzi. As soon as you look at the stars, that's all you see. I mean, it's everywhere. It's like glitter, you know what I mean, Like what is that? You know?
Speaker 6: What's funny to do is that sometimes I'll even go outside, just on a random night or whatever.
Speaker 4: And I swear I.
Speaker 6: Get like little like little glimmers of paparazzi, you know, like whatever that is, and which.
Speaker 5: Flash right yeah, yeah, like just out of the corner of my eye. You know, I've seen them like right in front of me. Dude, It'll just flash and I'm looking in that general area. It wasn't like I had just because you know, you've had those moments where you look over and you see something that was in the corner of your eye and it's like real quick, but like I'll be staring in a general direction and just see a little like and I'm like what, you know, Sometimes I'm like I might be losing it.
Speaker 6: Well, and we've we've thought about it before, like whenever we're looking up and we're seeing that, are we kind of seeing beyond the veil of what's really actually there? Like are we seeing multiple dimensions or multiple realities or is it just like what's beyond the veil of our current understanding with our physical eyes that we can't see all of that unless like we did with the whole DMTX episode where you have access to ninety percent as opposed to ten percent of your brain.
Speaker 5: Right right, And this is why I said, as far as looking into a room with no lights on, it's completely pitch black, you know, because in my mind, I'm like, you know, maybe we're seeing all these different flashes because we're looking in like at this big sky and it's dark, you know, and so our mind is able to pick up on certain things like that or or manifest that for us to experience. But when you go into a dark room, you don't see that. It's only when you're looking out there. Yeah, so that's why I'm led to believe that it is some sort of veil going away. You know, the ego is not really fully operating at I mean, I would probably say hardly at all during that time. And so now you're just more connected, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, and that's you know what's funny too, is that right before we started tripping, or I think once we had already taken it and we were waiting for it to come about.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I told Steph, I was like, look, whatever happens, just surrender to it, Like, don't fight it. Just go with the flow of whatever you're seeing is happening. You're meant to see it. It's not out of line, it's not out of order. You were meant to be in this moment right here, right now, and just know that. Don't even question you, you know it. And and so yeah, it went really well. And afterwards, actually yeah, afterwards she said she was like, dude, Like whenever she was getting in her car and getting ready to go back to her hotel. She was like, thank you for being my shopman tonight. That's the last time somebody said that to me.
Speaker 5: That's awesome, dude, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: I don't so uh sean.
Speaker 6: We got a tarot, sir, oh, I absolutely do.
Speaker 5: We got the four of swords.
Speaker 6: I kind of had a feeling that it was going to be swords. Actually really yeah, because we actually oh yeah, that's right, we actually drew.
Speaker 4: So I shuffled some taro. Dude, we got to try this next time.
Speaker 6: So I shuffled some tarot rate before we were about to trip, and I said, I want us to We're gonna draw a tarot card, and I want us to both meditate on this while we're tripping, Like, meditate on the meaning of it. I don't even remember what the card was now, but I think it was a sword.
Speaker 4: But all right, so what was it? The four of swords?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, damn, I just turned right to it right up.
Speaker 4: Too, all right, the four of swords.
Speaker 6: Pausing to relax and rest your thoughts is a necessary part of life. After this, you'll be able to move forward with greater energy and a clear mind. You are exhausted from an intense experience, so the Four of Swords asked you to take time to look within yourself, rest and recuperate. The night is oh, there's a night on the card that's laying down, So the night is depicted as an effigy atop a tomb. Yet this card does not signify death. Instead, it symbolizes deep rest. The nights hands are clasped in a prayer pose that is used in meditation, yoga, and various religions. The tomb itself evokes silence and time away from the noise of the world. The swords hung on the wall ask the knight to let his battle weapons rest, while one sword remains beneath the night, signifying that he is quick to react when needed. The spiritual message behind it says, carving out a quiet time to meditate and focus on your spiritual path will do you a world of good. Incorporating more solitude and self reflection into your life greatly affects your overall happiness and well being. A card of recovery, the Four of Swords could be related to a period of recuperation from illness or a time of seeking medical treatment, therapy, or counseling. The upright. Key positions are rest and introspection. The numerology, since it is a four of swords, is structure and stability. Dude, I kind of feel like that was on some uh go ahead, perfect the perfect card, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was a really good one.
Speaker 5: So the one and what I was looking at was the you know, you hang up the three swords, right, and then you still have the one sort, but the one sword that's with you is the same color, you know what I'm saying. And so when you when you rest your mind and stop digging too far into your own thoughts and getting bogged down, you know, you you I feel like that other sword is just your higher self, you know, or your dame on because you know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I just like the idea of the rest and like recuperation kind of period, you know, which is what we always talk about with meditation.
Speaker 4: That's really what that does. You know.
Speaker 6: It's like a temporary little rest that you give yourself throughout the days or you're not really worried so much about like the worldly things, and you can kind of go in and guiet the noise and gather yourself all over again. So I think that was really speaking on meditation, and I mean maybe you just need a long ass sleep too, you know, like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe dude, you just need some rest, you know, find that space between the notes, man the n betwixt. That's it. That's right.
Speaker 6: Asia said, where does one obtain for echo d MT? Asking for scientific purposes, of course, and Kara said, I would also like to know for mystical and educational purposes only.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course, you guys are my people. I love it. Yeah, I may have to say that off air. I don't know if I can say the little on the show. We'll see, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well I guess we're gonna wrap it up right there.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get over to the meditation will reconvene a little bit afterward, and so maybe stick around if you want that answer, because I can't say it while we're shooting the.
Speaker 5: Show, dude. You know, final thoughts, dude. I thought that was a great episode and it was very informative, and I think it kind of it makes sense, dude. You know, you put your your intentions and your awareness into a night, you know, and it and it becomes real, you know, and I love it. It's, uh, this was perfect for me. It's almost like sometimes I feel like you're doing these shows just for me. That's what it feels like.
Speaker 4: I hope everybody feels that way.
Speaker 5: I'm sure a lot of them do.
Speaker 6: Even from like a selfish perspective. I kind of you know, it does wonders for me too, And that's really like what inspires me to even do research for shows like this in the first place is because I want to know, right, you know, and fully, like when else are you ever going to like have a couple of hours to sit down and like research a topic and then a couple more hours to talk about the topic. And it's like, you know, we we built a pretty awesome kind of like alley or a bridge or something like that that allows us to really go in deep on these kind of topics.
Speaker 5: Of our own personal treathouse. Dude, that's what I like to call it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kara said, We'll just have to bring the one together sometime. Yeah, I've been thinking about doing that.
Speaker 4: Actually.
Speaker 6: They have like a bunch of different conferences all over the world, like spiritual or UFO conferences. You always see like, uh, your girl Sarah Brestman cosme she wrote The Hypnotist Journey to Atlantis and The Hypnotist Journey to the Sphinx. I've had her on the show before. You'll see bashar at like these sort of convention Kyle style things, and so we may have to get involved in that.
Speaker 5: That would be cool.
Speaker 6: And technically we're still babies in the spiritual world, like in the Spiritual Podcast kind of you absolute, but we're gonna get there.
Speaker 5: That's my goal.
Speaker 6: It's our goal to be one of the best of all time whatever it comes to anything, sir, of course. Yeah. But anyway, all right, well yeah, we'll we'll get to that meditation right in a jiffy. But uh, sean anything else you wanted to throw in there to wrap it up for anybody that.
Speaker 5: Doesn't want to, I'm just grateful, you know, to the one, and you know, to you guys here for the live You know that you guys take time out of your day to listen to us try to figure things out, and just thank you guys.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, look, and if anybody wants to be able to come and join the conversation next week or in any future weeks, just go to patreon dot com slash Meta Mysteries that link is down the show notes of every episode is the best way to be able to support us. It's completely commercial free. You be able to slide into our dms and you'll be able to come hang out with us every Wednesday night for Wonder Wednesday, and you get all the video access. So we do have YouTube. You'll be able to go check it out on YouTube whenever it releases. Everywhere but Patreon, you're always going to get more faster direct access to those without commercial interruptions. So yeah, other than that, we're gonna wrap it up right there. And I guess what we can say is that if the Damon came here and he taught you anything, it's.
Speaker 4: That you don't know what you don't know. So I'll just get weird, stay.
Speaker 2: Weird, side every color, swell the stars in line in.
Speaker 5: The mysteries your far Yeah, buddy, hmm. I like how we uh, we come out of meditation and away from our higher self and we're already vaping, like instantly back to our physical attachments, you know, I know, damn it. Yeah, well, you know, whatever, we're working on it. We'll quit one day today, It's just not that day.
Speaker 6: Two days, sir. Yeah, I tell you what, though, they're like, man, that was a really uh that was a really good one because it had been a minute since I had meditated because the last show that you know, I did, we couldn't get together. It was already really late whenever we were gonna whenever I was planning on us doing a show, so I had to run it by myself.
Speaker 5: So uh, I felt like that show came out great and exactly how it was supposed to be, you know, but that's just my opinion.
Speaker 6: Well, I appreciate that. It's uh, it was. It was kind of nerve wracking doing the show by myself like that because it's been so long since i'd done one, like just not having anybody to bounce ideas off of and stay right, No.
Speaker 5: You did good, dude, you did good. You always kill.
Speaker 6: It, thank you sir. But yeah, so I didn't even do a meditation in that one because I was already so damn tired.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 6: It was like two thirty in the morning by the time I got done shooting that one.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a long one. But this, yeah, this felt really good to go into a meditation, I tell you what, dude, Like I wasn't even trying to really figure anything out. Like I was just like, let me go in and just unplug for a minute and just like be dude, just be nothing for twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't have to steer the ship, dude, just kind of let it, let it present itself. That's my favorite.
Speaker 6: However, once I got there, of course I had some questions, and uh so I was like, all right, I'm calmed all the way down now that I should be able to talk to the damon or to the higher self right now, show me what that is. And of course I had some you know, more personal kind of questions, which whatever, I don't really care. You know, I can, I can divulge personal shit. I don't really care what anybody.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm not worried about judgment of any sorts. Y'all know my life is crazy. But yeah, I was kind of just going in. I was like, all right, you know, like because I think everybody's really on there, everybody wants to find like their person, you know what I'm saying. And I'm kind of at a point in my life right now where I'm just like, you know what, dude, I just really like not even worried about that, and so that was kind of like, you know, what I'd gotten I was. It was just more so like don't even I don't even worry about anybody, don't worry about anything or anything like that. Like, just keep doing what you're doing and kind of try and figure out how to balance the self, and then whenever that time comes, it'll be the time, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's how it works. Man. You know, when I when I met my wife, was at a point due where I was just kind of doing my own thing, you know, and I just kind of stopped looking for somebody and all of a sudden, dude, out of nowhere, if fate would have it, you know, just the way that it even, just the way that it happened, it was just kind of unusual anyways. But but yeah, I think that's when when the magic happens, when you when you stop trying so hard, you know, just let it happen. Man. Yeah, whatever whatever happens.
Speaker 6: You're gonna have to tell that story sometime, because that was a crazy series of events that happened.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, at some point I guess it will. But yeah, just the way that it happened, dude, was just like, I don't know, you couldn't have I couldn't have planned that, you know, just the timing, talk about divine time and how it played out, and so yeah, dude, just uh just chill out, you know, chill let it be.
Speaker 4: Yeah baby.
Speaker 5: Another thing another thing that.
Speaker 6: I noticed too, was so I got to a point after that to where I was like, all right, because they always say that whenever you're meditating, try and like literally, like with your physical eyes, try and look at your.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never do that. I love doing it.
Speaker 6: It's because it's pretty awesome because I almost feel like it secretes a little bit more when you do it.
Speaker 5: In my mind, I don't know, you believe that's what's happening.
Speaker 6: I feel like my eyes pointing in that direction is almost like.
Speaker 5: Debating it, Like, oh dude, looking at me.
Speaker 6: It's like an unlocking that door and just opening it up and seeing what's going on.
Speaker 5: But whenever I'm going in there just starts cranking on something. He's like, he's looking, you know.
Speaker 6: It's like off of Oh damn, what was the name of that Jim Carrey movie where it was like a fictional reality. I can never remember the name.
Speaker 5: Of that I have no idea. Oh, oh the Truman Show.
Speaker 4: Truman Show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he goes into the room and it's like people are working behind the set. He's like, oh shit, you know a little bit. Yeah, it's like his little machine elves that are just like but yeah, it was. It was pretty cool. And what I noticed was is like, whenever you really focus on that and you're just trying to like physically look at dude, I almost was like I could see a little like snake symbolism with that, because if you think about it from your point of view, from where your eyes are and you're looking up, it almost looks like a snake head that's pointed down.
Speaker 5: So fucking weird. We saw the same thing. Really, I thought that, but I was like, that's kind of weird. And then I started to like just let go and let things happen. But I saw like the little you know what I mean, I don't know, but I had the same thought.
Speaker 6: Wow, I sent that over to you.
Speaker 5: It was like it was like a like, I don't know, almost like the face, but it was real big, you know, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like almost like a copper head kind of snake head, you know, yeah, like a wide head and it's looking down at you this way as you're looking up at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a trip. Holy shit, What are the chances? I don't know we're connected? Dude? Up, but then we all are, you know.
Speaker 6: Eh, we're all one anyway.
Speaker 4: All Right, Well, I guess you know, we can probably wrap it up there.
Speaker 6: And uh yeah, I think we're we're We actually have another show tomorrow night. It's not gonna be a live show, but who it was gonna be something somebody is so interesting?
Speaker 5: Who was that?
Speaker 6: Oh that's right, We're getting somebody on to talk about his psychedelic journeys with iboga or I'm a gain as some people call it. But oh okay, which is essentially it's like, dude, it's like ayahuasca, but way more intense, and but it's for people that like have addictions.
Speaker 4: So he's gonna be coming on, dude.
Speaker 6: He's just he seems like one of the more fascinating kind of guys because he's like, I I went through some ship and then I've seen some shit, you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, yeah yeah, And so.
Speaker 6: He's like an iboga shaman. Oh wow, dude, that's gonna be a good.
Speaker 5: More intense than ayahuasca.
Speaker 6: All right, yeah, because it beats you up while you're in there. Oh no, yeah, dude, you want to talk about like, I'm not six hours of getting your ass kicked. I'm happy. I'm happy. I don't have any crazy addictions like that. Maybe I can go there for nicotine. That probably be a good idea.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you do have an addiction, then, yeah, that'd be good to be enlightened on. Dude, you know, because I you know, food, nicotine, you know.
Speaker 6: Oh, dude, that's what all the all the I begain users like that, all the people who have you know, gone through the ceremonies. It's literally for that. And they say, dude, once you come out like it's nothing to kick hero it's nothing to kick coke or meth or any of these like real bad maybe yeah, pain pills, whatever it is, it's like it becomes so clear and like they say, because I believe that there's a whole purging kind of situation going on at the same time too, because most times, and I've been around people who were, you know, like people close to me that were addicted to heroin or addicted to meth or addicted to alcohol or and shit like that and it's so dude, it sucks because it takes over that person, you know, and and you know, whenever you're trying to clean up from that, dude, those people have to go through literal pain and agony when especially like off a heroin for sure, whenever you're yeah, because you almost gotta fucking put them like in a straight jacket and a padded room for two weeks, and it's like that much hell is going on whenever you're trying to get off of it. And they say, once you do ebogo literally one time, the next day the addiction's gone.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, it's like that into ship dude. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's in size the demon man.
Speaker 6: Fuck that demon hands dude. So yeah, we're gonna have that conversation tomorrow and that should be uh by the weekend at some point, probably Friday, I would imagine, for all the Patreon users anyway, everybody else, y'all gotta wait.
Speaker 4: Till one day.
Speaker 6: That's just a little bit, you know, you know, but our alright, well, yeah, I guess we'll wrap it up there and we will.
Speaker 5: See y'all on the flip side, bye, guys.
Speaker 1: Voices Drift on winds untained where it's like spells that can't be named.
Speaker 2: Close your eyes and feel.
Speaker 3: The sound journey where no bounds are found.
Speaker 2: Open doors inside your mind, leave the ordinary farm behind the color swell and stars line in the mental mysteries, you'll find