Speaker 1: It's the JV and Sandy Show, and you could now save us as a preset on the iHeartRadio app. It's Austin's sad station one O three point one. COVID's back in one of our households. We'll tell you about it in just a sec. Thanks for being with us. It's the JB and Sandy Hour. We do it every day from seven until eight o'clock. Can I tell you something real quick. It's just the best feeling in the world. I decluttered my closet the other day. That's just such a great feeling to get rid of stuff. I can't believe how many T shirts I buy for charity causes. I can't believe it. I mean, I even got rid of Trisha. I got rid of my keep Austin.
Speaker 2: Dirty really well.
Speaker 3: I feel like also one of the reasons you got rid of it was you had dribbled enough food on it that it had gotten too stained up a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of barbecue stings. That was for the fundraiser to keep Dirty Martin's open. They were selling T shirts, so I bought one of those. But man, just take a few minutes and declutter your stuff.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love it. Or how about this.
Speaker 5: How how often or how rarely I should say, do you treat yourself to a whole new batch of socks and underwear? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I'm and I declare it in my house. I'd let everybody know it's new socks and underpants day. And I just it's a great feeling. Get a whole big bag of socks. Oh yeah, good stuff. Man, it's the simple pleasures in life. What about I saw some oder pants?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: I definitely do.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, my oder pants are kind of expensive, so I can't buy a whole new band batch at a time. I have to trickle them in one or two at a time. Yeah, they're my hanky panky panties. They're oh you pretty pisce pretty price.
Speaker 4: You have bragged about them forever.
Speaker 1: Why don't you tell our listeners because there's probably some women that love to have some.
Speaker 3: Hanky panky panis best dong in the world.
Speaker 2: You do not know you're wearing them.
Speaker 3: Some thongs can cause some issues, but hanky panky panties their original thong.
Speaker 2: They are absolutely the best. They last forever.
Speaker 3: They're like forty five bucks each, forty forty five can't release it.
Speaker 4: I mean that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, the more popular they get, the more extensive they get.
Speaker 2: But they are the best song out there.
Speaker 1: Well, they've got a five pack right now for eighty nine dollars.
Speaker 4: Order it for you.
Speaker 3: No, No, I got to look at them because I got to make sure they're the right they're the og size. Some of them are high high waisted ones.
Speaker 2: Don't get those. Don't like that. I got to look five packed for eighty nine dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I don't worry you.
Speaker 2: On Hanky Pinky dot com, I'm gonna check that out.
Speaker 4: No, I'm on Amazon.
Speaker 5: Oh Amazon, it's some Chinese knockout.
Speaker 2: I know it's not gonna be the real thing.
Speaker 1: Well, now that we've discussed all the advancements and all the great stuff in underpants, let's move right along to modern science.
Speaker 4: And JB's wife has the COVID.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's still a saying. I guess she thought it was bad allergies for you know, going to the weekend, and then unfortunately we had a bunch of family over for Easter. Had to break the bad news.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh, I forgot about that family.
Speaker 5: Littles too, huh yeah, Yeah, So hopefully no one else comes down with it. But I was wondering, like, it's it's been a minute since you know, either of us had COVID, and like, what's the protocol now? Like when the first time we had it was like twenty January twenty twenty one, and it was like, oh, you need to lock down for three weeks.
Speaker 3: And you know, close yourself in a room and close the door. Yeah, from family members. Yeah, it was big time and I pulled it up. God, Yeah, what is it now?
Speaker 5: Is it five days or is it the here's where you test clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's what the CDC says. The CDC no longer requires a strict five day isolation for everyone with COVID nineteen. Instead, they focused on staying home it's symptomatic, and reaching the normal activities. Once symptoms improve and you've been fever free for twenty four hours, okay, it does this however, Yeah, However, for the first five days after returning to activities, precautions like masking and avoiding high risk individuals like the elderly are advised.
Speaker 4: So it's not as strict as it was.
Speaker 1: Kind of like, when you feel better, don't have a fever, you're safe to go out amongst the rest of the healthies.
Speaker 3: But I think it says too if you if you do have it, but you're bill well enough to go out and run errands where I'm ask when you're out and about, like they're not saying you have to isolate.
Speaker 4: What kind of sick person is your wife? Uh?
Speaker 5: Oh I oh no, no.
Speaker 2: Stay away from me. I don't feel good or I want your helping.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: She tried to give me a smooch this morning, Like, hey, what's she trying to kill you? Yeah, it's been slightly time to kill me forever. But it's she's not much of a complainer. She hates being bedridden, you know or whatever. Yeah, she'll go crazy. She'll go crazy just being cooped up. Yeah, like you know, for example, like when she had this long, long, long, overdue foot surgery and then you had to be she had to be booted for like six months. Of course, she started going right back at it way too soon, had to have the whole surgery done again.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's booted for another six months.
Speaker 5: Yes, Oh my god, she just can't sit still.
Speaker 3: So yeah, me, when we went into lockdown for COVID, I was like, I think I'm built for lockdown. I was like, I'm fine not leaving the house, staying inside.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind it at all.
Speaker 1: I completely ignored it. Yeah, you just I just kept doing regular stuff. It was I remember back in the like March of that year, was it twenty twenty. I will never forget as long as I live. Getting onto Mope Pack at far West going north at five forty in the evening and there was nobody on the road was eerie.
Speaker 2: Like a pandemic, like the end of it.
Speaker 5: I would go on bike rides solo and I'm going through downtown where it was dead, and it was very bizarre.
Speaker 1: Did either of you when all that was going on ever for just a second and go, is this what the rest of our life looks like?
Speaker 4: Because I did. I had moments like that. It's like, is this ever going to end? You know?
Speaker 5: But I also remember like going on some of those bike rides and just the air seemed cleaner. Yeah, yeah, you know, And we saw all these things happening in nature, like returning to normal improvements. Yeah, like the world was fixing itself once you get those pesky humans.
Speaker 4: Out of the way. When did Aaron Is she just so what does she got?
Speaker 5: She on day two, three four, Yes, like the second day, so it was kind of on setting for sure. By Saturday and then Sunday after all the Eastern and all that, she was like, man, these allergies. She's like, have we got to close?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: We had like it was so nice on Sunday we had a lot of windows and doors open. We're like, we got to close this allergies or too much. So that's what she thought it was. That's what I thought her down. Yeah, I thought it was just allergies. And then I tested. It was like, huh, yeah, the flu is still worse. If you get the proper flu, it's still which I did the last winter. It it's different. It's a different vibe than you don't want to either.
Speaker 2: The worst thing when I had the flu is I took the packs. It was the pack slops.
Speaker 4: Covid about it? God, did you bitch about it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was wait is packed sloping for COVID or flu?
Speaker 3: Because I am both within four months of each other. For COVID, the medicine for COVID was the worst part of COVID for me, with a funky, horrible, indescribable taste that the medicine would cause in.
Speaker 5: Your Madison for COVID packs one of those people going to the feed store.
Speaker 3: I did not do invervectin. No, my doctor gave me pack Slovian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Erin will probably be prescribed Pax Slovian to JV and she'll have it.
Speaker 4: There's a horrible metal after.
Speaker 2: Horrible after taste. Did you not have? Did you take it Sandy when you had COVID?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: It's horrible, right, Yeah?
Speaker 5: That was you said, helps you get over it quicker?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, helped shorten it and lessen the severity of the symptoms.
Speaker 2: What they say, but.
Speaker 4: That your mouth tastes like a piece of metal.
Speaker 2: Work times a thousand. It was awful that.
Speaker 1: We tell Aaron that it helps you get speeling better. I hope shouldn't rive be crazy.
Speaker 2: J You probably get to get it right, I mean.
Speaker 4: Probably, yeah, I mean you're compromised.
Speaker 2: You compromised. We're gonna put out.
Speaker 5: Hold on three point one Austin's eighties station.
Speaker 1: It's not very often that I'm super excited to give a gift. I've just not like some people love to give gifts. Tre's just one of those people.
Speaker 3: I love thinking of what to get them and going to get it and wrapping it. And it's just a chore for you, isn't it a bit?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So our anniversary is coming up this weekend, and I'm so excited to give her this gift. I thought i'd give it to you a little bit early, so I brought the box in there, and if you want to go ahead, anniversary sixteen, seventeen, seventeen, seventeen, Yeah, seventeen. I know.
Speaker 4: Can you believe that that's I process seventeen? Take it out? Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Most people don't make it that long these days, that's true.
Speaker 4: We get to twenty.
Speaker 1: We have the.
Speaker 4: Got out of sight. Yeah you got to put it. Put it. Tell everybod on the microphone what it is.
Speaker 2: It is a pillow that I've wanted for so long. It's a pink long on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it is an alligator wearing lipstick and pink high heels and it's all beaded.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why I love it, but I love it so much.
Speaker 5: This is the best.
Speaker 2: Anniversary gift You've ever given me.
Speaker 5: Look at it.
Speaker 2: It's just so weird and random. Why do I love it so?
Speaker 3: Much.
Speaker 5: That's funny. Where's it gonna go on my bed?
Speaker 3: I might just put it in a chair right inside the front door so everybody can see it when they come over.
Speaker 1: This is everything you need to know about Tricia right there, that she gets so excited about a pillow with an alligator, wearing lipstick and high.
Speaker 2: Heels and random. Yeah, I've wanted this for so long.
Speaker 4: I bet you.
Speaker 3: I've seen this pillow like an advertisements on social media for like two years, and.
Speaker 2: Every time I'm like, love that pillow. I don't know why I didn't just buy it.
Speaker 3: And I think it was like what two months ago that I told you I was mad at you about something and I was like, if you buy me this pillow, it's fine, And then you didn't buy it for me, and I was pissed.
Speaker 4: I know, because I wasn't gonna spend the money.
Speaker 1: But then I saw it for fifty percent off and I'm like, Okay, now, really buy the pillow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: You did a good job, Sandy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And we're gonna go, Jimmy, You'll love this. We're gonna go to Musashino for our anniversary.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I have not been since they moved off of mopacks.
Speaker 4: Have been any years then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still great, still great. Smokey's Smokey's getting older. Yeah yeah, he's still still there.
Speaker 2: Every time we go, he's still there.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're smoked, cold smoked salmon with capers on top.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 3: Sandy and I were there one night with a friend eating and and dad and three boys came in and all three of the boys only ordered. They ordered like ten pieces of cold smoked salmon each. That's all they ate was the cold smoked salmon.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that family just it just cost that family four hundred dollars to feed those three boys.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I know I do that. Aaron, my wife and I ducked in for let's just get a couple of rolls at a little sushi plays and we did have a couple of margaritas each. We I guess we get caught up in the novelty they put squidding kin them so the margaritas are black.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good.
Speaker 5: That is after tip that little duck in and have a couple of rolls and a couple of margarita's or one hundred and eighty dollars. Yeah, what cheap to your point, like feeding a yeah, a bunch of kids.
Speaker 1: Like by the way, Uh, Musashino is at twenty nine five San Gabriel.
Speaker 4: That's twenty nine oh five San Gabriel, Sweet two hundred. It's upstairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of I do know where it is, like I said, haven't been there, but that's a kind of you wouldn't drive by and see it it right, twenty ninth and Lamar. Yeah, there was a bike shop there forever and then the gun shop is there. It's back in that area.
Speaker 2: There was a men's tailorings Taylor's shop there Johnson.
Speaker 3: I can't think of the name, Johnstone, Oh yeah, Johnston Taylor's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Johnston Taylor's.
Speaker 1: You know who introduced me to Musashino. JB is your dad? Yeah, me too, about twenty five years ago or so, and he was living here and a single guy. He he shut that place down three four nights a week. Really a quick, funny, funny story about JB's dad, whose name's Gary, and Gary was single at the time. I was single, recently divorced, and we were hanging out and he was at my house once in one of the biggest ass chewings I ever got from anybody, a coach, a parent, a boss, anybody, came from JB's day because he was rumaging through my house and could not find a bottle opener.
Speaker 4: He's like, what in the hell is going where? You don't have a bottle opener in this house?
Speaker 5: What is wrong with you? You're going to say Tabasco. You never know what's going to set him on, No.
Speaker 1: But he was just he was insulted and was literally insulted that I did not have a bottle opener in the house, which was pretty funny.
Speaker 4: So happy anniversary to you, trace.
Speaker 2: Ah, thank you. Just keeps up gazing at my alligator pillow.