Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, here we go. Oh, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, pee.
Speaker 2: Rye Ry, let's go wakey, wake your heads off. Snaky Rob Ryan show check it.
Speaker 1: In on this free beer Friday.
Speaker 3: It's a huge morning for us because every beer winner gets one of the final four squares one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the Wall.
Speaker 1: So when you win beer today, you're gonna wup on the wall.
Speaker 3: You got a chance to win some cash for the big game on Sunday. Josh going for win number two, fresh out of bad head to head challenge Monster jam Ford Pack.
Speaker 1: We'll see you out there on Saturday.
Speaker 3: I've got tickets for you on the flashback that's usually around six thirty five, Buzzfest tickets at seven twenty, Ghost tickets at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: We're gonna push those ghost tickets back.
Speaker 3: We have a Black Keys World premiere today at a twenty, so we get to listen to that together.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. Alternative Income Open Phones Friday, Last hour of the show.
Speaker 3: Partly cloudy today, Hive around eighty two with low chances of rain. Let's send it over to Alex. Good morning, one of Houston's headlines, good.
Speaker 1: Morning ride, good morning home room.
Speaker 4: A judge has temporary blacked Donald Trump's federal employee buyout plan. The block was ordered by US District Judge George Pool, just hours before the deadline for employees to make a decision. The judge didn't say anything about the merits of the suit filed against the BIOT plan, but did set a follow up hearing for Monday afternoon to allow both sides in the case to prepare their arguments. At least forty thousand federal workers have already accepted the deferred resignation offer since last week. We had another unruly passenger incident on a Frontier Airlines flight this week.
Speaker 5: It was a flight from Denver to Houston on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: The passenger started kicking seats and hitting a window, eventually breaking the plexiglass on it. There was no air marshal on the flight, so other passengers stepped in and restrained the man with zip ties and shoelaces. Despite the window being broken, the flight still completed its trip to Houston, where Frontier Airlines declined to depress charges. Doesn't sound FUNO, who are you rooting for in this year's Super Bowl. According to a poll, forty eight percent of Americans say that they will definitely or probably watch the Super Bowl. A lot of people seem to have Chiefs or Taylor Swift fatigue, depending on which side you're on. Forty seven percent of people surveyed say they're rooting for the Eagles or just against the Chiefs.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 5: Thirty seven percent of people say they're pulling for the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Sixteen percent of people say they don't care who wins the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: So I got the pull question up on our Instagram or our ex Fifty seven percent of our audience doesn't care.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: That is That is a lot eight percent Chiefs, thirty four percent Eagles.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think people have that Chief's fatiga.
Speaker 5: You definitely think so too. What's your favorite movie?
Speaker 4: Which is a new poll asked Americans to name their favorite movie of all time, and Forrest Gump was the favorite to most Americans. It was number one, followed by the Wizard of Oz and then Titanic.
Speaker 1: Which is my wife's favorite movie.
Speaker 4: Also appearing on the list at number five was Dirty Dancing, Star Wars was ninth, and The Godfather came in at tenth. John Wick was sixth overall. I was a little surprised to see john Wick that high. I didn't know there were that many John Wick fans. Yeah, I'm not saying it's not a good movie. I just didn't think it would be people's favorite movie. Ozzy Osbourne is gonna be hitting the stage for one final performance in July fifth, both as a solo artist and with Black Sabbath. We've been kind of talking about this all week, but a lot of people are wondering how it's gonna go since Ozzie's been battling Parkinson's disease. Earlier this week on his radio show, Ozzie said that he can't walk anymore because the disease has started to affect his legs, but his wife Sharon did want to make sure he had a press conference. Later on, she mentioned he can sing as good as ever, quote unquote.
Speaker 1: I don't believe him.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he's he gonna do a Dave Grohl situation where he sits on the throne.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have to. He's gonna have to, and then you gotta worry.
Speaker 3: I know tickets are going on sale next Friday for this the Sabbath Show, we got cancelation. Yes, if you're going you're traveling from HE to the from the US to the show, and you're booking all the flights and the hotels and everything, you gonna wonder if that show's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you I mean nervous. I would imagine you have to be nervous about that. But those are use of headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what you got going on in sports?
Speaker 4: The Rockets about the Timberwolves last night seven one fifteen.
Speaker 1: They've lost five in a row.
Speaker 4: Now they're gonna have a day off before playing the Timberwolves again tomorrow afternoon. Tib Off will be at two o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Super Bowl fifty nine is on Sunday between the Chiefs and the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Chiefs are one point favorites in this one.
Speaker 4: They are trying to become the first NFL team in history to win three consecutive Super Bowls. Kickoff will be at five point thirty and you can watch it on Fox.
Speaker 5: That as what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Ohight, here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now.
Speaker 3: It's a big, big morning on Free Beer Friday, when we're giving away a square for a chance to win some cash during the Big Game on Sunday. So I got four squares left, I got four cases of beer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give away a case of beer right now.
Speaker 3: The most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday's Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: And right Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: And Baday, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's on the phone here? Paul for Pasadena? Hi, Paul, how are you all right? You want some beer?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: There, Paul from Pasadena. You're the first beer winner today.
Speaker 8: All right, thank you rad much.
Speaker 1: Now here's what I'm.
Speaker 3: Offering you, Paul, get there if you can. You have a phone right you're calling me on a Is it a cell phone?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Is there a camera attached to that phone?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you have a way.
Speaker 3: Of taking a picture of yourself and sending that to Chili this morning?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sure I can in a few minutes. I'm driving right now.
Speaker 3: I understood, understood. If you can get that picture into Chili, I'll put you on the beer board, and you got a chance to win five hundred dollars per quarter during the big Game on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I got four squares left, I'll give you. I'll give you one of the squares. Well, okay, all right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you know how that works. After the show today, Alex is gonna help me out. We're gonna draw numbers, and if your numbers line up at the end of the first, second, and third quarter, I got five hundred dollars. Final score, five hundred dollars. And that's all from our friends over at Love Street.
Speaker 1: Flaunt. Okay, dude, I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 3: A case of beer from Specs and we're gonna get you on the beer board. Okay, all right, thank you, all right, that goes for all to thank you, Paul, have a great weekend. Who are you going for? You don't care who wins on Sunday.
Speaker 11: Now, Philadale, Philadel, your Kansas City wanted too much.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe the overwhelming vote on our ex right now at Rod Ryan Show for for Philly. That Kansas City fatigue. Now, you guys know what I was dealing with with stinky Tom Brady and the Patriots all those years, it's like, who.
Speaker 1: Alex not voting for the Eagles?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 1: I mean most people don't care. Hey, Paul, hang on for me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna set you up with all that stuff and get that picture to Chile this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chilli, is that right?
Speaker 3: We get that picture in and we can get him up on the beer board, so that means three more. Now that'll be the seventh, eighth and nine o'clock winner. You're gonna work with him a little bit on getting that picture. He's driving, so I don't need we don't need it immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I'm also emailing the winners so that way they can't have no excuse.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, that's perfect, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, Paul's right there for you Pasadena, Paul with that first case of beer, Chili.
Speaker 1: Who you rooting for?
Speaker 8: Are you know?
Speaker 1: I'm going for Jalen Hurst and the Eagles? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And that's that's causing a little bit of a rift between the twins here.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean he's not happy about your your rooting fails.
Speaker 12: You know, I'll just give him a beer and he'll be happy, Willy, Okay, Alex's not happy and norse should you be I thought Eli.
Speaker 3: Manning was a no brainer for a first ballot Hall of Famer. I know he's your favorite football player of all time. Do they publish the votes that he missed by a fish?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 5: I don't know. They should. They should get rid of everybody that was voting.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, corruption at its finest. I don't recognize anyone in the profoble Hall of Fame anymore.
Speaker 1: Eli Manning should be a first ballot Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: Burn the Hall of Fame to the ground.
Speaker 1: We really should.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen wins the MVP. I was happy about that. I'm reading all the hate online about that.
Speaker 1: Come on, what a mess consolation produce. Yeah, we gott to argue about everything.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, well listen, we're gonna have a busy, busy show.
Speaker 1: Jilie's gonna be busy.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be working with all these beer winners to get your photographs up. When the show is over today, there will be one hundred people up on the wall the car bar.
Speaker 1: Look at his beautiful people.
Speaker 3: That's a good look at listeners here, man, good luck, good luck on your squares.
Speaker 1: I'll do the drawing.
Speaker 3: We'll do You have Facebook live or something after the show today. Okay, well listen, I gotta take a break. We're gonna be so busy this morning, Alex, you should be happy. We got a Black Key song coming. I know you're a big fan. We'll see He's so dead inside. We'll see black Keys World premiere coming your way at eight twenty where we'll listen to that together. We have more of everything coming up. Let me take a short break. When we come back on a rec check for you. We'll find out what's training and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 8: Bed, Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back.
Speaker 3: As we're making arrangements and getting ready to go for the Fresh out of Bed, head to your head, making sure I've got my questions ready to go and victory speech and.
Speaker 1: All that good stuff. Well listen, I'm hoping you're off to a great start to your day. As always, it's a.
Speaker 3: Big free beer Friday because we're giving away those four final squares on the beer board for the big game on Sunday, So there's no more submitting your pictures, there's no more of that just one hundred of you on the wall trying to win five hundred dollars per quarter and on the final score.
Speaker 1: Good luck on the beer today.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy, high of eighty two. Tomorrow twenty percent chance of rain. Eighty four will be the hot. We're gonna be in the eighties all weekend. Sunday twenty percent chanceer rain morning clouds, afternoon sun eighty one.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl Sunday. I'll take it. What's trending? Your boy? Josh Allen is training.
Speaker 4: He was named the NFL MVP last night, beating out Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, and Saquon Barkley in the process, and some people online are.
Speaker 5: Mad about it, of course. Also training is Bill Belichick girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, she looked amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He brought his twenty four year old girlfriend to the NFL Honors ceremony and she was looking great.
Speaker 3: And she's got a big ring on and people are questioning, has Bill proposed to her? I don't think so, but god damn, she looked good looking at girls blog page today.
Speaker 1: Guys, what are you share with your hatch.
Speaker 5: Friend forever Togo?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Whatever Kanye also trending this morning.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he's uh I I saw this the first thing this morning when I got up, he was just going on his Twitter tirade. He tweets maybe like three days a year, but just gets completely unhinged off.
Speaker 1: His mad goes off.
Speaker 4: I think the first thing I saw him talking about was that I have a lot of Jewish friends, which is always a good That means you're always going down a good boy conversation right there. And he's still continuing his little Twitter tirade right now. But yeah, Kanye West is also trending, and that's what's going on on nine.
Speaker 5: Provide the bus, all.
Speaker 1: Right, bring me the champion here, please, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 13: If this is one of the antome joshes, your fresh out of bed had to have one day.
Speaker 1: Champion, this is my first win ever on a game. Join me on Free Beer Friday when I make a win number two bitches.
Speaker 3: Seven one three, two five five If you want to play.
Speaker 1: It's free Beer Friday. You always drinking on the clubbing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I'd ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Top five CE the song All Time maybe number two. Fake it. Good morning Rod Ryan's show, Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 3: Get another case of beer coming your way straight up at seven, and another square on the beer board. Boy, you want to you want to make the game interesting on Sunday. You want to get on this beer board here? Okay, gotta be twenty one years of age or older. But love Streak, Love Street Blonde. Our four beer winners today, get the four final squares. That What was that Paul in Pasadena? I say, yeah, he got this square. There's three squares left. He's gonna send us a picture. You win beer, you gotta send me a photograph today. All right, ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy, high eighty two. We're in the eighties all weekend.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: Josh, good morning, Good morning, good win yesterday?
Speaker 1: Bro, can you do it again? Leasie?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see where has this guy been hammering?
Speaker 1: Hank?
Speaker 3: Good morning, good and morning hammer and Hank. You've been playing this game a long time, I mean years. Yes, you've been in the Hall of Fame. Huh yes, sir, how.
Speaker 1: Many times five, five times. How long do you think you've been playing this game? Started calling in in twenty twelve. Wow, he knows this stuff. Josh, did you get all that? Did you get all that? Josh?
Speaker 3: Okay, knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: I got a Rob Ryan show t shirt going to the winner today. Hank's got a couple of those. I'm sure. Yeah, we're listening for Hank. We're listening for Josh. Josh. You got to you gotta have the game of your life right now. Okay, all right, are you ready, Josh? That's a good Okay, Hank, I know you're ready.
Speaker 3: Question number one, what do you call the utensil combination of a spoon and fork?
Speaker 14: Hank?
Speaker 1: Josh?
Speaker 5: A spork?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now, Alex just playing the pulley bone here. What if they said a poon?
Speaker 1: A poon?
Speaker 5: You would have not accepted it. It's a sport universally known as a sport. Okayon does sound good?
Speaker 1: Uh? Josh was insanely quick on that. Wow.
Speaker 5: He told him to step it up, and he did and he did.
Speaker 1: Maybe I need to tell Hank you need to step it up, Hank. There we go, Yes, sir, all right.
Speaker 3: Question number two, Rusty, what bear is white and black and knows kung.
Speaker 4: Fu Hank, Panda kung Fu Pan.
Speaker 1: Hank's on the board. Okay, this is how it should go.
Speaker 5: Yourselves a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah we do, Yeah, we do. For the win. What is the original area code for Houston? Hank, Hank, go for it?
Speaker 3: Seven one three, Hammer and Hank the five time champion that he is, five time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Josh, do you think I was throwing you a trick question there or something. I'm not originally in Houston. Where you from California? How long you've been here? But they're like a long time that don't gut me. No, no, No, that's okay, that's okay. Yeah, the seven one three, I mean it's just the seven one three, you know. Yeah? All right, Josh, it's fun having you on you.
Speaker 3: Hey, you scored some good tickets yesterday, so you got you gotta end and out with some tickets. I hope, I hope to get you back on in about thirty days. Okay, dude, take there, all right, Hammer and Hank?
Speaker 1: You want to play on Monday? You know, I do?
Speaker 3: You know they haven't made it a holiday yet, the day after the Super Bowl, and I'm not going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: It will be.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is we're gonna be here on Monday. You need to be here on Monday to play.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll be here, all right, Bro? How Manny rod Ryan short t shirts you think you got from about six All right, let's add one to your collection, dude. All right, good love to man. Good to have you back. Bro, Hang on for me, Hang on for me, all right. We're gonna give away our last.
Speaker 3: Monster Jam tickets coming up on the fun Fact Flashback. We'll see you down in the pits tomorrow and then all the action in the evening.
Speaker 1: Sit tight for that before we get there. It's the Food Fighters and Ever Long ninety four five a minute. My favorite band, my favorite song. It's Food Fighters and ever Long rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: On this free Beer Friday, it's another case of beer covered your way twenty five.
Speaker 1: Minutes from now. Partly cloudy today, eighty two will be the high.
Speaker 3: With low chances of rain what's the rest of the weekend? Look like We're in the eighties for Saturday and Sunday, twenty percent chance of rainbows.
Speaker 1: Saturday and Sunday as well. Eighty four will be the.
Speaker 3: High Saturday Super Bowl Sunday high of eighty one.
Speaker 1: We got a new champion, a fresh out of bed head to head chout Ege. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 15: Good morning kids, Hammer and Hank is back. This five time Hall of Famer is all business. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Don't worry, There'll be no Super Bowl hangover for me. Join me on Monday when I make it n number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Here you go. He's a good player. Man, he's a good player.
Speaker 3: Okay, I told you I was gonna give you some Monster Jam tickets coming up.
Speaker 1: But first, it's the fuck Back to the Day. Yep, we make you look smart.
Speaker 16: And funny everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the Fuga to the Day. Captain Cash joining us. Good to have you back in studio. Brother, brother Rock, Good morning, good to be here.
Speaker 15: Umm.
Speaker 3: Do you fall into somebody that's rooting for the Eagles, the Chiefs or you don't.
Speaker 1: Care someday, don't care? Okay, you're gonna watch the game. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we watch in the game.
Speaker 3: Fifty two percent of our audience does not care. Thirty six percent want the Eagles, eleven percent want the Chiefs. I do not want the Chiefs. I don't care, but I don't want the Chiefs, So I guess I care.
Speaker 1: I care slightly. I guess I gotta.
Speaker 3: I hate to tell Alex this, but I guess I kind of got a root for the Eaglenda.
Speaker 1: Sorry, dude, I can't have that, Brenda.
Speaker 5: I know you anymore.
Speaker 3: No NFL team has three peded Okay, you guys all know this by now. But one player has three peedd hall olease yeaholl.
Speaker 16: His name is.
Speaker 3: Ken Norton Junior. He won with the Cowboys in ninety three and ninety four, and then he got traded and the following year he won with the forty nine Ers. Three super Bowls in a row for Ken Norton Junior. Norton actually has four rings. He was a coach for the Seattle Seahawks when they won in twenty fourteen. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Some raves like Robert Ry. Yeah, Robert Ory a little bit.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 3: Harry Carey brilliantly portrayed on Saturday Night Live by by Will Ferrell. Now he's the Milo Hamilton of Chicago. There's a Harry Carey bar Chicago Cubs. Like he was the guy that called the Cubs, Well hang on, much like Milo had a career before he was here. We all know he called Hank Aaron's home run. Harry Carey was with the Cubs for sixteen years and with the Cardinals for twenty five years.
Speaker 17: That is.
Speaker 5: Who their heated rival.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: But Milo was the Atlanta Braves right when he when he called Hank Aarons, when he bote, when he broke Babe Ruth's record, one of the greatest. Milo said it was the greatest call of all time.
Speaker 1: He told me that. He did tell me that I loved Milo. I miss you, rip, I loved him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Milo was with the Braves, Pirates, Cubs and.
Speaker 3: As Yeah, it's hard to beat that miracle call nineteen eighty. It's kind of hard to beat that one for me. Yeah, you know, Milo maybe has a kill. Maybe Milo has a second. Sorry milel uh. Final fun fact for you today, McDonald's sells seventy five hamburgers every second.
Speaker 1: That's neat, it's kind of gross.
Speaker 5: It's a fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the funk. Back to the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, monster Jam actually gonna be done on the pits on Saturday.
Speaker 4: I sure will be buddy, your twin coming allegedly. I don't know what times nap time to my buddy.
Speaker 3: The twins are arguing a little bit because I'm just flashing out right now because Chile.
Speaker 1: Is rooting for the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Chili, You're gonna be in the pits on Saturday, right, You're gonna be down there.
Speaker 12: Depending on how it goes and how Alex behaves, will be I will make no promises.
Speaker 1: I will behave.
Speaker 3: It's gonna have to come. I'm calling the thunder now. You're required. You're gonna They're both gonna be there. I'm gonna be there.
Speaker 5: They don't have to behave.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be in the pits on Saturday. I've got a four pack of Monster Jam passes.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna put you in the rim of the tire.
Speaker 1: With pit passes. With pit passes.
Speaker 3: On the UH yesterday, while Captain Cash was sitting three feet from me, I was talking about cash, and there's enough cash in circulation in the US that every single person in America.
Speaker 1: Dalton kids could carry this amount on them. Do you remember that amount? You need a big pocket. Who yeah, seven one three two two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: All right, there's the guy right there. Probably he probably got that on him right now. I've seen more than that in your pockets. I knew. How did you do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 11: It was a mixed down Wall Street. The dot was down two hundred and twenty five points. Kick off this morning at forty four thousand, seven hundred and forty seven NASDAC up ninety nine points to nineteen thousand, seven ninety one. Benchmarktenyear Treasury is trading at a four point four to four percent and oil stands at seventy one dollars eight cents of barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs Navidia Chasing, Goldman Sachs, the big duds Honeywell Salesforce, and Nike. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on the new US unemployment rate number for last month. Right now, futures hit on the upside. Hang on to this d be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out of here. This is Highland Manage.
Speaker 11: To director with Ramon James ported for the rod Ryans from Raymond James on saying Felipe and Augusta and don't forget to always rock out with this stock out.
Speaker 18: Famian's express are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYC as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to Arian. This programs are educational and informational services on the Studs of Duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 3: Young ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: I got Casey on the phone. Good morning, Hello, Casey, good Lory. Oh there you are high? How are you good?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 3: I got a question for you here, flash back, flashback to what we learned yesterday. There's enough cash in circulation in the United States that every single person in America, adults and kids, could carry this amount on them.
Speaker 1: How much.
Speaker 5: Those are five hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: Say it again? Six, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I know you have the right answer. I just want to hear it one more time.
Speaker 1: Six thousand, fuck six five hundred dollars. Yeah, I don't know. Your phone's backed out. Casey, I know you got it. You said the right answer. You're you're the winner today.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get your Monster Jam tickets. All right, right, thank you, all right, bro, thank you for being on the show today. I'm sorry about the phones. I can't even be mad at you. It's probably us. Hang on, Casey, all right, We're working on Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Next, this has stained for you, Matty. Four to five the buzz Uz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Free Beer Friday and have a case of beer coming your way in seven minutes. Beer and one of the four final squares one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the Wall, Final four going up today. The four beer winners will draw numbers after the show and then you can kind of play along with the game on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Partner Claudie Today.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of ragn eighty two eighties all weekend that includes Super Bowl Sunday morning Clouds on Sunday afternoon Sun eighty one awesome Cold Front coming through just in time for Alex to be out there on the road next front one week from today. Dude, is Valentine's Day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be out there with the fellows the mile to meet. Can't wait?
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you have a big focus next week on the show. All right, let's get after a dog. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Please for the body Rode Good morning, home room at Judge has a temporarily blocked Donald Trump's federal employee buyout plan. The block was ordered by US District Judge Georgia Tool just hours before the deadline for employees to make a decision. The judge didn't say anything about the merits of the suit filed against the buyout plan, but did set a follow up hearing for Monday afternoon to allow both sides in the case to prepare their arguments. At least forty thousand federal workers have already accepted the deferred resignation offers since last week, Harris.
Speaker 5: Can't you?
Speaker 4: Judge Lena Hidalgo held a press conference yesterday to address the recent dismissal of charges against her former staff members by Attorney General Ken Paxton's office. Two charges of misuse of information. We're dismissed against her former chief of staff, who was charged in an alleged bid rigging case back in twenty twenty two. Enterpress conference, Hidalgo called out Harris County District Attorney came Og.
Speaker 5: She called her a dirty cop.
Speaker 4: Who quote owes the citizens of Harris County and apology for wasting millions of dollars investigating the judge's office in what she called a year's long political drama.
Speaker 1: Just let those two fight. Yeah, let them fight. Let them get in the ring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, put the gloves on and we'll watch it.
Speaker 1: They might take you up on that if you offered it. Yeah, they really dislike each other that much.
Speaker 5: Don't forget to wear red today.
Speaker 4: It's National Wear Red Day, which is observed on the first Friday in February, which also happens to be American Heart Month.
Speaker 1: I were read unintentionally but a shout out to me.
Speaker 4: It's meant to raise awareness about heart disease, which is the leading cause of death for women in the United States. You can find out more information about this at go redfowomen dot org.
Speaker 5: Lady Gaga, Tom Brady and others.
Speaker 4: Ours We're seen filming a tribute for recent tragedy victims. A video from Bourbon Street showed Brady in an LAFD shirt with first responders and others.
Speaker 5: Stars like Michael Strahan and Howie Long.
Speaker 4: NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones also made appearances. The segments expected to be broadcast during the Super Bowl this Sunday.
Speaker 1: There's so much going on New Orleans.
Speaker 3: It's everybody knows how much I love the city and I spent many years there, but it's not big, so everyone is centrally located, and all the stuff is happening in such a concentrated area.
Speaker 1: When it's in.
Speaker 3: Other cities, the stuff is spread out all over the place. They're right there on Bourbon Street the top of everybody. Yeah, Like everyone's just walking around and there's celebrities everywhere, so.
Speaker 5: It's very easy to see.
Speaker 4: Like when somebody's trying to do something sneaky, it might be air during the Super Bowl, which is exactly how this ends. Can't do anything sneaky, you can't go on Bourbon Street, and I expect everybody to talk.
Speaker 1: Travis Barker is gonna be running for a good cause.
Speaker 4: Today, the Blink one A two Drummers Run Travis Run five K's taking plays at Autobon Park in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: So maybe he'll get paparazzi too.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that he did this. I didn't know this was an annual thing for him.
Speaker 4: Didn't know that either, But it's pretty cool. I don't know if he does it naked like in the What's My Age Again?
Speaker 1: Music video?
Speaker 5: I would imagine not.
Speaker 4: But money raised from the event's gonna go towards relief for the California wildfires, and money from the after party will be donated to the LAFD Foundation.
Speaker 5: Those are Uston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I know you gave yourself a little credit for the red Day. Today you're supposed to wear red. Yes, thank you for not same to.
Speaker 1: You, Chilli.
Speaker 3: Thank you for not recognizing today is National Working Naked Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, thank you for not so we're not all right? Hey, what do you have going on? Sports?
Speaker 4: The Rockets fell the Timberwolves last night one twenty seven at one fourteen.
Speaker 1: They've lost five straight.
Speaker 4: Now they're gonna have a day off today before they played the t Wolves again tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 5: Back up in Minnesota. Tip off's gonna be at two o'clock.
Speaker 4: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: Super Bowl fifty nine is on Sunday. It'll between the.
Speaker 1: Chiefs and the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Right now, the Chiefs are one point favorites, trying to become the first team in NFL history to win three straight Super Bowls. Kick off here at five thirty and you can watch it on Fox. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Thank you, The.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 14: The Buzz three, Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You've got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: Right, Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: And RockA Friday, Free Friday.
Speaker 16: Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 14: Good Marie.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 19: Jennifer from Fipriy.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Cypriss your color ten great. I'm gonna get you a case of beer.
Speaker 3: Thanks to our friends over at Specs for hooking us up with the beers that are on board with us all year long, which is awesome. And then I don't know if you've heard or not, but all the beer winners today are are getting a square if you have the ability to send me a photograph. And I'm asking everybody this, if you can send me a photograph, like a selfie of yourself, I would be more than willing. I'm telling you I will. I'll put you on the beer board for the big game, the one hundred bottles of Carbach Love Street on the wall. I'll put you on that beer board. If you can just send me a selfie this.
Speaker 19: Morning, I definitely will do.
Speaker 1: That, all right.
Speaker 3: You know how it works, right Like, I'm gonna draw numbers after the show today and then you'll follow along and five hundred dollars at the end of the first, second, and third quarter, and then five hundred dollars squares for the final score.
Speaker 1: So, Jennifer, we can do that. We can do all that awesome, awesome, all right. Poll question this morning? Who you're rooting for for the Super Bowl? You don't care? Chiefs or Eagles.
Speaker 19: I honestly don't care. But I'm gonna bet on that gold.
Speaker 1: You're betting on the Eagles. I am she's getting beat away loser. Bet No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, wealthy, wealthy, what are you doing for the game, Jennifer fortunately my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a no party, no nothing, and I'll make wings, I guess, and.
Speaker 19: All right, definitely have that wings.
Speaker 1: I mean wings and beer, wings and beer. All right, I'm with you, wings, beer.
Speaker 3: And you're rooting for well, I mean, Chilie's got that whole Jalen Hurts is a local thing working.
Speaker 1: That's why he's why didn't he go to you of exited Chili? Why do you get the hell out of Texas as fast as he could? Okay, the family's fighting, Jennifer. I'm gonna let you go, so it's not uncomfortable for you, all right.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All Right, Chilie's gonna beat you up though on getting that selfie into us.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Forty nine percent of you do not care who's gonna win the game. Uh, forty percent of you Eagles fans, and eleven percent of you are Chiefs fans. That that means that's who you're rooting for the game.
Speaker 1: I don't know you're going to you said you're going to a party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd brother or my sister in law is a Chiefs fan, and we've been their last two Super Bowls and they've won the last two Super Bowls, So for good vibe, we're going to support a game.
Speaker 3: When do you I know, you got this betting thing that you do, Yeah, gravy bets.
Speaker 1: What is it called, gravy gambles, gravy gambs.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm just not a betting guy, so I don't go there that often to see that yesterday we did.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you bet on?
Speaker 4: I bet Jada McDaniels to have over five and a half rebounds about the Blue Jackets to win. They did not, And I bet the Panthers to win, and regulation and hockey.
Speaker 3: You didn't put any money on Josh Allen went winning the MVP.
Speaker 5: You would have had to do that earlier than that.
Speaker 4: I guess you could have done it yesterday, but the odds were kind of juice at that point. If you're gon't creak an MVP, you got to pick an MVP like beginning of the season, through the season.
Speaker 5: Then the odds go down as the week's continued.
Speaker 3: All right, So when do you talk about your bets, like are you doing all the prop that's like what the I'll.
Speaker 1: Look at it.
Speaker 4: Somebody emailed it yesterday. I need, I said, I was gonna put together a blog. I have not made my prop bets just yet. Okay, podcast, we picked some out of the out of the box ones.
Speaker 1: But do you do that?
Speaker 3: What color the gatorade is spilled on the coach and that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: There's so much variation on that.
Speaker 4: I like to just kind of go game props and then like over unders uncertain.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. But you'll put that out when.
Speaker 4: Like your I'll look at it today and then I'll post it and I'll put a blog page out. Okay, I'll share it on our on our X accounts.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna bet, come on, just to do it. I can't believe how different my life would would have been.
Speaker 5: It makes it, It makes games mean so much more.
Speaker 3: If the Buffalo Bills were in the super Bowl, this would have been the greatest two weeks.
Speaker 1: Of my life. Yeah, and it just it.
Speaker 3: Hasn't been a bad two weeks. It's just amazing, Like how much I haven't watched. It's fun for me when I see them at these different locations in New Orleans that I recognize that I go to. It's your city, said Jameis Winston was at Cafe Dumm. That's like my kid's favorite place when we go, you know, second line grade. Jameis Winston is an absolute national treasure. He is pretty great media. He's setting himself up for life after football. He's going to be incredibly successful where he could be almost in a bidding war as to the networks going after him.
Speaker 1: Jameis Winston is that good, you know, not as.
Speaker 4: A play by play guy, but is it just in studio goofball guy, a Cooper Manning type guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'd be great that.
Speaker 3: Like Rob Gronkowski is never going to be in the broadcast booth for a game. Okay, nobody wants that Western New York accent. You know he's from Buffalo. I don't know if everybody knows career he doesn't had a breakdown play. But him goofing around and being on the set for a guy that I hated forever, he's really really good.
Speaker 1: I like Gronk on the set.
Speaker 3: I think Jameis Winston is going to be one of those guys that he's just going to be fun to have around. You're gonna want him as part of your crew and do special things with him, you know, give him his own segment or something.
Speaker 1: But Jameis Winston. I think the networks are going to fight over him.
Speaker 4: When he's done, he'll be very wealthy after football as well.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, lots of stuff for you today on the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot Com. Today, of course, is Fanny Friday. On top of being free beer Friday, I'm gonna get you some Buzzfest tickets later on this hour. As a matter of fact, after the break, we're gonna find out what's trending. We'll get a rec check before that, and then I'll set you up with some Buzzfest tickets an hour well, then a twenty a twenty. We've got a new Black Keys song. It'll be our world premiere at A twenty, and then we'll take phone calls and do all of that, and then I'll probably push the ghost tickets to a little further down. All right, but all of our beer winners, like you just heard, all of our beer winners are getting one one of those final four squares, one hundred bottles of Carbock Love Street Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 1: Good luck. Two opportunities left on the show.
Speaker 8: He is his rock alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show what we got a lot to do today this morning. We're very, very busy this morning, as we always are. I appreciate all the interaction that's going on on our website right now, links and guests.
Speaker 1: It's a busy blog page for sure.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy eighty two. Saturday twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy eighty four will be the high. Super Bowl Sunday twenty percent chance of rain morning clouds, afternoon sun high of eighty one.
Speaker 1: Pretty beautiful weekend on tap. I guess we're gonna get some cold weather next week, but not for a while. What's trending.
Speaker 5: NFL Honors is trending.
Speaker 4: The NFL Honors Awards ceremony was yesterday. Josh Allen got MVP Defensive Player of the Year with Patrick stertan Offensive Player of the Year with Saquon Barkley Coach of the Year with Minnesota's Kevin O'Connell. You had Jaden Daniels winning Offensive Rookie of the Year, Jared Verse winning Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 3: Say, the biggest award that you could ever win in the NFL is the Walter Payton Man of the Year.
Speaker 1: Edward Armstead is the winner of that one. Is that the most prestigious award that the players say?
Speaker 5: Defensive?
Speaker 4: You get a cool patch on your jersey for the rest of your career. Yeah, if your if someone from your team wins it, it is a huge thing. If not, you're just like cool Okay, And that's the guy should have been Hall of Famer. Also Walter Payton Man of the Year award winner, which is weird that they don't think that that's that.
Speaker 5: If it's that important, why would he be a first ballot Hall of Famer. You would think J. J.
Speaker 3: Watt won it when he raised all that money, right, Walter Payton Man of the Year?
Speaker 5: Okay, well he is he.
Speaker 1: A first ballot Hall of Famer? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Interesting?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Eli should have gone into the Hall of Fame yesterday.
Speaker 5: The Hall of Fame means absolutely nothing, now, I agree.
Speaker 1: I see why you're upset.
Speaker 4: Fanny Friday is also trending Roley Eskraum sent into us by Nick and Conrad.
Speaker 5: I haven't gotten a chance to head over there and look at her yet, but everyone else seems like they.
Speaker 1: Have number one blog pig because she's quite popular.
Speaker 5: This morning. And then also trending is where red. It is where read day.
Speaker 4: We talked about this earlier, but it is raising awareness for heart disease, which is the leading cause of death for women in the United States.
Speaker 5: So if you haven't left the house yet, I don't forget to put some red on before you leave. That's just training on ninety five the bus.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I have what's gonna help here. I think I know what can help this situation. Let me give away some Busfest tickets right now if you want to come party with us on Saturday May twenty fourth at the Woodlands Pavilion. I'll take call a number ten. What's gonna get my man Alex out of his funk? Go jump around with me a little bit.
Speaker 5: I'll see, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm just asking. I'm telling you this is it's absolute magic.
Speaker 1: What it will do for you. Just jump around a little bit with me. You're gonna forget about Eli Manning. I will never forget forget about him for three minutes and twenty nine seconds, that's all I ask. Come on, who's jumping with me?
Speaker 16: Come on?
Speaker 1: Come on in it's ninety four or five, come on, come on, I told you feel better. I told you feel a little better. Just so, good morning everybody, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: In our new tradition, here jumping around at seven twenty every Friday.
Speaker 1: Who I do feel better? I had to feel bad beforehand. You go to the phone here. I got some tickets to give away.
Speaker 8: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 7: Is this.
Speaker 1: Day an Aura? Were you jumping around with me? Were you jumping around?
Speaker 8: Just now?
Speaker 1: Who I was jamming?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 1: Give jamming and driving? Hey listen, I'm offering up some Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 3: You want to jump around with us on May twenty fours at the Woodlands Pavilion. You want some tickets? Yes, absolutely, I'm gonna hook you up now.
Speaker 19: Also, oh my god, I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for you. I gotta just clear something up. I know I'm not gonna be able to say it. I don't know how I've gotten to this point in my career, but I want to hear. I want you to tell me your first.
Speaker 1: Name again, day Anara.
Speaker 3: Day Anara. Nailed it, nailed it, Dayanara. Have you been on the show. I don't remember this name.
Speaker 1: No, this is my first time. How does that happen?
Speaker 3: How am I here twenty one years and you and I have never talked before. How have you never won anything before on the show.
Speaker 19: I've always tried, I've always called.
Speaker 5: Never got through.
Speaker 19: And then I was like, you know what, let me try. My brother is a huge fan of you guys, so I'm gonna take him with me.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: But your brother's name Caesar, all right, Caesar and day Anara gonna be joining us out at Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: I love it. Have an awesome weekend. I'm glad you finally made it on the show.
Speaker 20: Me too.
Speaker 1: You guys are swell. Ya are awesome, Thank you, thank you. Good energy right there. I like that he'll be a stranger. I don't know a whole lot about this.
Speaker 3: I just this kind of came across and I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna read you the headline.
Speaker 3: All Quicksilver, Bill of Bong, and Volcom stores are closing a mid chapter eleven bankruptcy.
Speaker 5: I didn't know they had stores.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought you just bought him at place outlet stores.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you go to outlets, you'll see like maybe a bill of Bong, Quicksilver. I'll say this, for most of my time here in Houston. I have probably worn more Quick Silver shirts than anything. I love their shirts? Am I out of Am I not wearing their shirts now? Not really?
Speaker 1: I mean I still have some. But those are three brands.
Speaker 3: But those are three brands that I'm guessing that you probably had a lot of stuff from those three brands, right, You just seem like you made were like a pack Sun guy.
Speaker 5: I was a huge pack Sun guy.
Speaker 3: Of course you were. Of course you were. Are we not wearing is the silf? Is surf culture not a thing anymore?
Speaker 1: I mean in fashion, fashion comes in and out out and in. Okay, let's do I have to remind you now? Did you ever own an Affliction shirt?
Speaker 5: No? Was that too young or I stayed away from that?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I full disclosure.
Speaker 3: I did have some Affliction stuff, and then I had like knockoff Affliction stuff.
Speaker 1: I wasn't back in the day.
Speaker 3: I wasn't spending fifty dollars on a T shirt. That seemed ridiculous. It still kind of seemed ridiculous. They're probably much more than that. I was okay with Affliction. I thought it was cool looking. UFC was at a next tap out? Yeah, I never went ed Hardy. I never owned anything Ed Hardy. I always thought that was cheesy. You know why Jersey Shore. Yeah, I didn't watch the Jersey Shore. I thought those were cheeseballs, and I thought Ed Hardy was a cheese ball thing.
Speaker 1: And I remember.
Speaker 3: Somebody kind of like it was an internet thing and a store band into people from wearing ed Hardy in their story that we don't want you here.
Speaker 4: I think it was Abercrom was saying that they didn't want Jersey Sure. They made them sound like a waiver, like here, we'll pay you money to not wear our stuff.
Speaker 3: So I did go with Fliction back in the day, but but obviously that stuff went away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just still see.
Speaker 1: People wearing it. Very rare.
Speaker 5: You're allowed to wear it.
Speaker 3: It's like I saw ed Hardy not that long ago. I'm like, hasn't Ed Hardy real aggressive? Like tattoo we look and seep or something.
Speaker 5: It's like gold as diamonds on it.
Speaker 1: So back to this Quicksilver Billibong Volcom. I loved all those brands. I loved all of those brands.
Speaker 3: All together, Like, yeah, they must be under one kind of a it's called uh liberated brands.
Speaker 5: It was roxy a part of that too. I don't know, but I was like the chick surf brand.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty four they lost twelve and a half million dollars compared with twenty twenty two they lost two point three million. So it says your consumers can cheaply, quick and easily ordered low quality clothing garments from fast fashion powerhouses and get those goods delivered within days.
Speaker 1: They just haven't been able to keep up.
Speaker 5: Is Hurley still going on?
Speaker 1: Curly Hurley Curly? Oh, Hurley's another good one that was more.
Speaker 4: Skate than surf. But yeah, I had some Hurly stuff.
Speaker 3: I still have some Hurley stuff. I never felt when I wore the Quicksilver T shirt. The shirts they were just nice dress shirts or they were like casual, nice dress shirts and they.
Speaker 4: Just had a little quicksilver. It wasn't like it was like a dress shirt that wasn't a dress shirt.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so you can wear these with shorts, yeah, or.
Speaker 3: You could wear it with jeans, you can go somewhere, you can go somewhere kind of decent and go somewhere and eat. It wasn't like I was wearing like a big surfer guy on my back or like that, right, and it was it was a little bit more expensive. I thought the quality was really really good. Yeah, and I never felt like I aged out of it, you know what I mean, because there wasn't any It wasn't like a big logo.
Speaker 4: It would be like plaid or just like a gray shirt yea with the little logo.
Speaker 3: I'm sad to see that those those places they are closing up too, so I don't know that they're I think you're gonna still be able to get the stuff, but there's gonna be no stores, the brick and mortars.
Speaker 4: I should load my daughter up on just as much stuff as I can find.
Speaker 5: It have baby sizes they probably do just empty the clip on just a bunch of Volcom stuff.
Speaker 1: You know what, I never did what?
Speaker 3: I never owned one, and I used to call it affliction for old people. Tommy Bahama Tai.
Speaker 4: Bhama never owned one, hell like sixty.
Speaker 1: Dollars Hawaiian shirts.
Speaker 3: But to see these guys running around with a big parrot shirt or something like that, I never did that. I thought it was afliction for old I've ever super RICHI I'm risking to only wear time. That's the dream I feel like I'm kicking and screaming.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just you're saying it. You're old.
Speaker 10: I want to go to Margaritaville with my time Bahama on all Right Well, three Burger, three really big brands that we all grew up with, Quicksilver, Billabong, bowlcom all Right Seas and peace.
Speaker 1: At least, let me buy you a beer.
Speaker 3: When Hans Solo returns to the Death Star in the Millennium Falcon and shoots down the tie fighters and saves the rebel CAUs.
Speaker 1: Do you think he does so for a free beer? Boy? No, And why are you so interested in buying me something? What's your angle? It's free beer Friday. On The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: Buzz here we go ninety four five the Buzz rocking out with Shineedown rocking this hour.
Speaker 1: Man, it's going by quick. Good morning, hoping you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 3: Getting ready to turn you loose for the big Super Bowl weekend.
Speaker 1: U gave away buzz best tickets.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have ghost tickets for you next hour. They're probably gonna be not in the eight twenty spot because we got a world premiere of Black Keys coming up. We're gonna listen to that Black Keys song together, and there is a little bit of an explaining, although they don't tell you anything. If you remember, remember the Black Keys, they announced a tour last year and then all of a sudden they said, we're no longer going to tour because.
Speaker 5: It was a stadium tour that they.
Speaker 1: It was arenas arena tour y.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we were thinking maybe they weren't able to sell all those two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're blaming it on their management. They got a new management company right now. And then they announced the tour and said, yeah, we're gonna just you know, we want to play smaller places. You want to play smaller places or you're kind of hacked.
Speaker 4: We want more of like an intimate setting, Like we're not like one of those sellout bands where.
Speaker 5: We just play arenas, even though we had an arena.
Speaker 4: Tour schedule, Like we decided, hey, it's not about the money. It's about playing well as close to people as we can.
Speaker 3: It's rare experience. And a band will say, hey, I'd like to go out on tour, but I'd like to make just half the money, Like it's it's art and maybe you don't understand that rod like, maybe you just don't get it.
Speaker 1: The drummer gives off that vibe to me.
Speaker 4: They both do, and I don't know if it's like I feel like they're a band that like loves to be ironic about stuff sometimes too so that they they're pretty good at making fun of themselves.
Speaker 5: Patrick Carney and Dan auerback, Yeah, patatrack the drama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a little bit of a Yeah, we're gonna play their new song at A twenty this morning.
Speaker 1: I liked I like the band, I knew I like him.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy, highs of around eighty two.
Speaker 9: Do you.
Speaker 3: Sleep with any kind of a sleep enhancer?
Speaker 1: Any sound?
Speaker 5: And he smells I sleep with a child in my room.
Speaker 3: See, yeah, almost the exact opposite vibrations.
Speaker 4: My daughter has a sound machine that we put on, so that's in like we still.
Speaker 5: Have her crab been in our room because we live been in an apartment.
Speaker 1: Okay, but did you ever use one before?
Speaker 5: I did for a little bit, and I didn't really notice the difference in it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just curious.
Speaker 5: Like a white noise machine somebody gave me for Christmas one time.
Speaker 3: I'm cure now because you're saying you put it on with your daughter sleeping?
Speaker 4: There, you do, she has a different one that we use, Yeah for her, right, I guess it works for her.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you'll become reliant on it though. You know now Chili doesn't need anything, right, he doesn't like, he doesn't need.
Speaker 5: He just needs to think about taking a nap and he's.
Speaker 1: Just stay sleep. And he might be sleeping right now.
Speaker 5: Again, he's probably sleep. Yeah, I can't even tell his eyes are open.
Speaker 1: Chili, you get you.
Speaker 3: He would have a brown noise machine, right, Yeah?
Speaker 5: But what he got over there?
Speaker 1: Dude? You use anything to sleep? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Like the like a like a griddl grill sound when you put in the meat in there, just bacon, but bacon.
Speaker 1: And everything like that. Do you really do you have some sort of a sound machine on? Not really nothing? Huh.
Speaker 12: You don't need it now because if I if I hear sound, I'm gonna stay awake. I can't go to sleep. I have to be silent, dark and everything.
Speaker 1: I'm all for keeping it as dark as possible.
Speaker 3: But one of the things that came away from me being married for a short period of time. Is that person wanted a very loud activity thing going on on her side of the bed. And I found myself now that I'm no longer married, you miss it a little bit, not being married.
Speaker 5: No, not that the noise at night, the noise.
Speaker 1: I have my own noise machine. Now, did you buy the same kind or afferent route?
Speaker 3: I told you she had a Louisiana swamp boat on her side of the bed.
Speaker 1: I mean it was so loud. I bet yours is like Josh Allen saying no, no, no, you know what I got.
Speaker 3: I got a little bit of waves, got some waves going in and out, and and it goes on for an hour, and my kid knows a thing. Okay, no, no, no, it's just for me to fall asleep. And then I bought a new mattress a couple of years, maybe a year back, or needed a new mattress. And it's got a vibrator thing. I know, but that thing rolls for that thing rolls for about thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: So I have that.
Speaker 3: I got some essential oils. I won't do anything to try to enhance my sleep. Here's where we're at. Gen Z has the hardest time snoozing in a completely quiet room. I think with kids London. Ever since she was a baby, she's never not gone to bed with a white noise machine. She's always had that thing going on.
Speaker 4: You just have a kid, like you have to buy a white noise machine, and then I think it just breaks brains?
Speaker 5: Is that what it does?
Speaker 1: We bought her we had a susher.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it's just like, so I don't have to do that because yes, dude, you know what.
Speaker 3: I've tried it one but she's not gonna know anything different, Like she's gonna probably I'm doing something right now that she's gonna probably rely on now the rest of her life, which is weird.
Speaker 12: Yeah, chually, I try to you know those Viking songs like you see online.
Speaker 1: You'll see like the oh.
Speaker 12: Yeah yell like that band who Yeah. But you know it's just yeah, just like Viking stuff. Though, like I saw it and then it kind of relaxed me a little bit.
Speaker 3: I know, you don't need anything to relax. I know you're just gonna lay down and fall asleep. I gen z forty nine percent, almost half is relying on some sort of a sound thing to get to sleep Millennials forty one percent Gen X, forty percent Baby Boomers, which there just wasn't white noise machines back then. Probably you just thought about war. Only thirty two percent are Uh, yeah, they went to bed with Johnny Carson playing in the back, right, you know, one generation goes to bed with Johnny Carson.
Speaker 1: Baby Boomers, Okay, they did that.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I kind of find it's weird that I feel like I'm I'm not to the point I don't travel with one if I if I go somewhere, that's when you know you're really reliant on it, when you start traveling with your white noise machines.
Speaker 5: Sister, a lot of travels I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't do that. I can fall asleep.
Speaker 3: I don't even think about it if I if I'm away, and if I'm traveling, I'm at a hotel, it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 1: I fall asleep.
Speaker 5: I don't know, because put in a hotel, you can just crank that ac and you just hear a going.
Speaker 3: And there's apps on your phone and stuff like that you can use now. But I never use it on the road. I never use it when I'm out, but at home yeah.
Speaker 1: Some essential oils. I like the ocean misted smellt ocean miss Yeah. I got a little diffuser going and it's wonderful. I'm telling you, dude, it's like five bucks a bottle. I'll now, I know. Now you guys know what you're getting for Christmas.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rocking Alternatives the Road.
Speaker 18: Right in the morning, show six to ten AM, ninety four or five buzz all right, here.
Speaker 1: We go show.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, the bus three days Grace and just like you, okay, seven minutes around there is when we give away another case of beer, but the second to last square one hundred bottles of Harmack Love Street Blonde on the wall. You know we accepted cans. Most of you put can pictures to sent can pictures in. I'm not even requiring that. If you win the beer, you sent me a picture today, I will get you up on the beer board.
Speaker 1: There's four squares remaining.
Speaker 3: Well, that was before I think it was Paul in Pasadena whoever won it at seven and then oh I saw she.
Speaker 1: Sent in a picture very good.
Speaker 3: Coming up at eight and coming up at nine, the beer winners get the last two squares and then boom, you're off and running. We'll do it drawing of the numbers, and we'll make a video and we'll plot it out for you so that those of you that are lucky enough to be the one hundred people on that beer wall, you can follow along during the Big Game on Sunday. Five hundred dollars for the first, second, and third quarter, five hundred dollars on the final score.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our friends over at carbox for helping us out with this.
Speaker 4: Okay Alex Houston's headlines, Good morning everyone. A judge has temporary blocked Donald Trump's federal employee buyout plan. The block was ordered by US District Judge Georgio Tool just hours before the deadline for employees to make it just decision yesterday. The judge did not say anything about the merits of the suit filed against the buyout plan, but did set up a follow up hearing from Monday afternoon to allow both sides of the case to prepare their arguments. At least forty thousand federal workers have already accepted the deferred resignation offer since last week. Wow, we had another unruly passenger incident on a Frontier Airlines flight earlier this week.
Speaker 5: It was a flight from Denver to Houston on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: The passenger started kicking seats and hitting a window, eventually breaking the plexiglass on that window. There was no air marshal on the flight, so passengers stepped up and helped restrain the man with the zip ties and shoelaces. Despite the broken window, the flight completed its trip to Houston, where Frontier Airlines declined or declined to press charges.
Speaker 3: Everybody on that flight, I saw the video of it. They were more than happy to help out, like you, oh, you need help, I'll help rough them up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were plenty of people that were just yeah.
Speaker 5: A black guy had that happen, probably fell, Probably fell. We didn't see anything.
Speaker 1: You're messing.
Speaker 3: You're messing the whole plane up, right, Like there's an air scool people that mispave at airports and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Like I am a degenerate, I get that, but like, I know, be on your best behavior when you're at an airport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could root it, you could ground that plane, and you could be on a no fly list room people's whole trip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not kind of cool. Who are you rooting for in this year's Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: According to a poll, forty eight percent of American cent they will definitely or probably watch the super Bowl this year.
Speaker 1: A lot to be higher than that I would have imagined. If if you don't watch the super.
Speaker 4: Bowl, you're an American, Like, just I'm gonna say, just hand in your American card going down to Mexico, head up to Greenland before we take it over.
Speaker 5: Whatever, Like you're not an American, mister.
Speaker 1: My mom's gonna be so upset. She's not American. I don't think she's not. We're all Americans.
Speaker 4: A lot of people seem to have Chiefs or Taylor's Swift fatigue on our pole that you can go vote on. On X at Rod Ryan Show, thirty seven percent of people say that they're rooting for the Eagles, thirteen percent are rooting for the Chiefs, and forty eight percent of people do not care.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah I do. I just don't root for the Eagles. Guys.
Speaker 3: I have the Chiefs fatigue, so I really don't care. But I really don't want I don't want that. Three repeat, I don't want the Chiefs to win.
Speaker 5: Do you want Satan to win? Instead?
Speaker 1: That is is not a player on the Eagles.
Speaker 5: I don't view them that way.
Speaker 4: No debatable, debatable, But yeah, you can go vote on our ex pole at Rod Ryan's show if you haven't yet.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite movie?
Speaker 4: A new poll asked Americans to name their all time favorites, and Forrest Gump was the top result, with seventeen percent of people surveyed naming that as their favorite, followed by Wizard of Oz, Titanic, Lion King, and Dirty Dancing as the top five. My wife's favorite movie is Titanic, so she would have been perfect in this poll. Star Wars was number nine and The Godfather came in at ten. Home Alone a Christmas Movie was ranked seven, then john Wick was number six. I think john Wick is a good movie. I did not realize it was that many people's favorite movie remindin me of like take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, okay to play this music for Forrest Gump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's anything with Vietnam, right, absolutely, you can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, what's your favorite movie? Rode of all time?
Speaker 5: In your head? You gotta you gotta say one.
Speaker 1: God right now, off the top of my head, might be Tombstone.
Speaker 5: Forgetting Sarah Marshall as mine.
Speaker 1: Really, it's funny. I love that being Sarah Marshall and I love you man.
Speaker 4: Like if you were just like Alex, you can only watch two movies through rest of your life.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: You just cannot beat the line in Tombstone Doc Holliday, who was brilliantly played uh show it for doctor, but Val Kilmer played him right. He's got he's a lunger, meaning he's he's coughing up blood the whole movie. And you know he's an alcoholic. He's a party guy. And and Doc is just dying during the whole movie and he's coughing up blood. I'm plating blad and the guy goes, dude, what are you doing out here? He goes, White Herb's my friend. And the guy goes, hell, I got lots of friends, and he just looks at him, and Vell Kimber.
Speaker 1: Delivers the best line ever. I don't here's there for your I mean it's it's the ultimate pro movie. It really is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like he's dying. He's like, no, White her it's my friend. I'm here to help him. I'm not leaving all of that.
Speaker 5: I'm not watching Tombstone this weeknd Oh, it's one of the bests.
Speaker 4: Ozzy Osbourne is gonna be hitting the stage for one final performance on July fifth, both as a solo artist and with Black Sabbath.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about that all week.
Speaker 4: But a lot of people were wondering how it's gonna go since Ozzie has been battling Parkinson's disease. Earlier this week on his radio show, Ozzy said that he can't walk anymore because the disease has started to affect his leg here's legs, but his wife Sharon did make sure to mention it a press conference later on that he can still sing and that his voice is quote as good as ever. So do they wheel him out there Hannibal lecture style? Is there a Dave Groll type throne that he's gonna sing on?
Speaker 1: He's gonna have to be in the throne.
Speaker 5: Can you just sit on a stool?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Probably not a stool.
Speaker 1: No, he needs to be in a full on throne. It'll be interesting.
Speaker 4: Like you were saying, you may have a little hesitancy to buy those tickets if you want to do it, But it's it is allegedly the last Sabbath show you could ever see.
Speaker 3: There'll be so much money poured into this thing, and to pull it off in the amount that needs to be spent, Don't get me wrong, they're gonna make their money back. I still think it's a wildcard that that the show comes off.
Speaker 4: I feel like the lineup is too stacked for it not to happen.
Speaker 3: Or sorry, Ozzie can't do it, everyone else is gonna play.
Speaker 5: Which, okay, fair point, that's.
Speaker 3: Going to happen Ozzy on that stage. I give it a sixty percent.
Speaker 1: You can see it.
Speaker 4: I don't think Ozzie won't If Ozzie doesn't perform, I still think he'll be there in some capacity, but they'll be like, look, sorry that this happened, but he's still a pretty kick ass show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know. I think it's a wildcard traveling that far.
Speaker 3: If you want to see it ain't gonna be a full set of Sabbath set of Ozzie.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna be up for that.
Speaker 5: I've even just do in between song.
Speaker 1: There's no way they're gonna be up for that. All right. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: Well, the Rockets, Feller, the Timberwolves, last night one twenty seven. They've lost five in a row. Now they're gonna have a day off before playing the Timberwolves again tomorrow afternoon up in Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Tip Off is gonna be at two o'clock for that one. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl fifty nine is on Sunday and it will be between the Chiefs and the Eagles.
Speaker 5: Chiefs are one point favorites right now.
Speaker 4: They are trying to become the first team in NFL history to win three straight Super Bowls. Kickoff is at five point thirty and you can watch it on Fox. That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 8: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 18: XT Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five SERSAE Free.
Speaker 12: Is good yourself to speed If you Carol, do you want free?
Speaker 1: You know your shit? Don't be a bitch. This shirt Beer Friday.
Speaker 17: Friday Friday, one more.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: Obviously that guy hitting that world class. Mariah Carey note at the end of that premier Friday song is to highlight. But that line about don't be a bitch makes me laugh every time.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know what the lyrics are, but he sa it's like, don't be a bitch? Alright, I have one was for Tesla. That was one of her favorites. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone here?
Speaker 8: Know knowe?
Speaker 1: How are you? Oh?
Speaker 8: I'm goetting good?
Speaker 1: It was chirping in the background over there.
Speaker 20: Oh, Hi, didn't right here?
Speaker 1: At work, we work in a zoo.
Speaker 14: Nah.
Speaker 1: Nice, We do a tool.
Speaker 21: For off shore.
Speaker 1: Do you have a pet bird there?
Speaker 20: Nah?
Speaker 8: Nah, it's in a tree.
Speaker 1: Oh it's in the tree.
Speaker 19: All right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, yeah, listen, I'll take the job, but I'm gonna need to have my bird here every day.
Speaker 5: Is that cool?
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, okay, you're you're so good. Noe, you and your bird you're both hired. Okay, Hi, all right, you're calling number ten. I'm gonna give you the beer.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm going to give you a case of beer and if.
Speaker 3: You can, if you can hit me back with a selfie, bro, all the beer winners. I'm giving you an opportunity. You can go on the one hundred bottles of carbok love Street Blonde on the wall and you might win some cash during the big game on Sunday. Can you can you get a selfie over to us today?
Speaker 1: Yep, sure, okay, Chili will explain.
Speaker 3: Everything to you, get you your bird, all of it. Just send us a picture, all right, and then we'll get you on the beer board.
Speaker 1: You've got a chance to win five hundred dollars per quarter.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're on the board if you get us the picture pop and it is awesome.
Speaker 1: Dude, have a great weekend. Man.
Speaker 3: You have a preference on who's playing this weekend? Are you rooting for the Chiefs or the Eagles or you in that I don't care category?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't care, but I'd rather Eagles take you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, just Alex.
Speaker 3: He just keeps getting more and more mad when he hears this. All right, Joe, thanks for being on the show today, man, Thank you for.
Speaker 1: Listening a right.
Speaker 8: Thank you have a good weekend too, Thank you, Bro.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's Chili. Get him and the bird up on the on the board. I want to see him in the bird. That would be funny for me.
Speaker 3: One week till Valentine's Day. You know we use this music for we talk about Mi la me. We've got our dudes. Chili is in the process of calling people. If you applied and you got some weird phone call, check your messages. Chili has left you a message and he's also sent emails out one week Valentine's Day. Guys, take care of your girls, get them what they want, take care of them. If you want, even a prayer of maybe even a whiff of celebrating steak in Bjday. A month later, you got to take care of your girls for Valentine's Day. Now, for those of you that maybe have somebody in your life that you don't care for this time of year, I've seen these different promotions.
Speaker 1: We may have even done something here in Houston. I thought this was cool.
Speaker 3: The Memphis Zoo will name an elephant turd after your ex.
Speaker 1: Like that, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So this is their Valentine's Day fundraiser for ten bucks. They'll name an elephant turd after your ex, name a turd after a turd. All the proteins will go to help care for the Zoo's animals, so maybe your X. They say it's a great gift for your annoying neighbor, overbearing mother in law, or that coworker that still gives you nightmares. Box you get a digital card and a shareable video of an elephant turn.
Speaker 1: Then they'll name it after that person.
Speaker 5: Ten bucks, do it. It's affordable.
Speaker 1: Wasn't somebody naming cockroaches after your ex?
Speaker 5: And then Zoo?
Speaker 3: Yeah there, Yeah, I thought I've seen this before. All right, well, you got one week guys, Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 14: Show six to ten am. The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got new music from the Black Keys.
Speaker 1: World premiere time. You know how we do it here.
Speaker 3: We listen to new music together and then I open up the phone lines. If you want to talk about it, that's great. If you don't, that's flying too. But if you if you guys want to talk a little music, we're gonna give you our thoughts on it for sure. So the song is called the Night Before, so just sit tight. I got that coming up in a second. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain today. We're gonna hit high of eighty two tomorrow. Can you get up to eighty four with a twenty percent chance of rain. Same thing for Sunday, twenty percent chance of rain and highs of around eighty one. Man Record setting temperatures just about every day this week.
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 4: Super Bowl is trending, No kidding. Everybody's talking about the super Bowl. It's going down on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Everybody's talking about the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Everybody's talking about the super Bowl, and there's all super Bowl related stuff trending as well. You got NFL honors. They gave out MVP to your boy, Josh Allen. All the other awards are handed out. Bill Belichick girlfriend still trending and then also trending. Speaking of girls, is Fanny Friday, sent in to us by Nick from Conrad Molly Escram.
Speaker 5: Go give her a look. I think you'll be pretty happy with what you see there.
Speaker 1: Bill Belichick's girlfriend. I knew she was hot, you know what I mean. I saw pictures of her, But last night she's, oh MG, looking good. I hate Bill Belichick.
Speaker 5: She is eleven years younger than me.
Speaker 1: I can't hate on him for that.
Speaker 4: Good for him, broad good for him. But that's what's trending, and not even by the buzz.
Speaker 1: He's in his seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's in her early twenties. Twenty four, twenty four, God for Bill Belichick.
Speaker 5: I almost too old for for Leo.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, she's on the Looking at Girls blog page today. She's killing it.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of really interesting stories on that Looking at Girls blog page. I'll try to maybe dissect that. But I want to talk about music right now. Would you guys like to hear some new Black Keys music. Let's listen to it together and I will open up the phone lines after the song. I want you to listen to it and then you can give us your honest opinion seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 1: Let's do this together. Hey, I'm dancing the Black Keys. Hey, it's Patrick from the Black Keys. Check out our new song the Night Before.
Speaker 22: Right now, this is the iHeartRadio World premiere.
Speaker 1: Maybe I've been I'm.
Speaker 6: Seeing star, isn't there? I know where I go down?
Speaker 4: Come with brow myney burning line, Ride on my hand, A playing.
Speaker 6: Game of rolling dime.
Speaker 16: I can't play, but.
Speaker 6: It feels all right. Fell right.
Speaker 1: Then she got at the end of the home.
Speaker 6: Side, all WoT.
Speaker 16: Cheap me light right, keep me Home.
Speaker 6: I got time to day Time. Time Time.
Speaker 3: Twenty four or five The Buzz World premiere new music from the Black Keys, who are on the music blog page, and they're kind of explaining, you know, the the kerfluffle that maybe went down last year. They were set to do this big arena tour and then they kind of canceled it and they fired their management.
Speaker 1: They went with a different management group.
Speaker 3: Then they're playing smaller venues now, and you know that that's gonna be their explanation. Whether you believe any of it or not. It's on the music blog page today, but right now we're focusing on this new song the night before, Alex, I know that you're a Black Keys fan. Yeah, your thoughts on this track.
Speaker 4: This is a little poppier than and I feel like a lot have been in the like you get that kind of like bluesy, grungey, garage rock kind of vibe from them.
Speaker 5: This was more of a pop channel that went down. I didn't hate it by any means.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 4: It's a feel good kind of song, and it's fast. It's a quick song. I feel like you you love a song that's less than three minutes. I do then you throw this at the end of the hour, Wizard if we're uh, we're up against breaks and stuff like that going forward.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it did to me.
Speaker 4: I would have felt like this was more of an album track than a single that you would release.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you, is it a hit?
Speaker 4: I based on this one listen and a little bit of us playing it under us right now, I would say it is not a hit, but I like it still.
Speaker 21: What do you say?
Speaker 3: I agree with everything that you said. It's definitely got to poppy your vibe to it, not in a bad way.
Speaker 1: I like my Black Keys. You mentioned garage.
Speaker 3: I was going I was going to say that, and I use dirty sounding fuzzy. Yeah, I use fuzzy but dirty. All of that works for me. And that's how I like my Black Keys. I like them fuzzy, a little dirty, garagey, and this was more polished.
Speaker 4: Like they their whole thing is like they were in an Ohio rubber factory is where they were recording their beat, their their first albums, and I believe that's one of their first album names too. But like that, just it sounded like that, and this doesn't have This is the hey we've made it and now we're in fancy Hollywood studios.
Speaker 5: Sound Yeah, it's it's catchy.
Speaker 1: I just don't know that it's a huge hit.
Speaker 3: Over to the phone, they're going to rod Dog these chili. I mean, we're really not burning up the phone lines either. If you want to comment on the song where I'm here. I love talking music with you guys. Who's on the phone here?
Speaker 1: Hi, my name's Kurcy.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: Are you calling about the Black Key song? Or just call to say hi?
Speaker 19: No, I'm calling about the Black Keith song.
Speaker 1: Sure, what you got? Okay?
Speaker 19: So it's just a little too poppy for me. It's I agree with the poppiness. I like the Brundi song more just not.
Speaker 20: I don't know.
Speaker 19: I just don't care for it much.
Speaker 3: I mean, Dan can really get dirty on that condition yeah, you know, and we're not seeing that on this track. I don't know what the rest of the album is if it's Are they going in this direction right now?
Speaker 1: I don't know. And they've certainly done pop songs before pop leaning songs.
Speaker 4: Laid the last one they were ut for a Song of the Rock Song of the Year for Beautiful People, and that was still more of that like bluesy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Black Keys, we premiered that song too.
Speaker 19: Like the song Gold on the Ceiling and the Submarine, you know, the Little Submarine or whatever it's called. I mean, I really like their grungey sound. That's what I liked about them is they sounded kind of they sounded kind of older, you know, and now it's kind of going more I guess poppier, and I don't know, I just don't care for it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the call. Thank you so much. Let's go over to John. Good morning, John, Yeah, good morning. We're talking about this new uh Black Keys song. It's called The Night Before. What do you think? Yeah? I dig it.
Speaker 21: Man reminded it sounds like, uh, it sounds a little like.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, I I I buy you into that.
Speaker 3: And then you know again, sometimes I feel like it's a it's an easy way out to when you're critiquing a song, when you tell us what it sounds.
Speaker 5: Like, identifies people with other stuff that it.
Speaker 1: But but I was looking for that and I needed you to say it out loud. John. You're right, it's got a Beckfield to it for sure. Thank you for the call.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sonny good morning, Sonny.
Speaker 19: Hi, Hi, what do you think sounded like some movie downtrack?
Speaker 1: I could hear it in a movie too. I could hear it like going down the Highway.
Speaker 3: It's a bunch of the like two divorced women, like you know in a I think that's been done before Thumb and Louise, but like an updated version of THUMBA and Louise. And I see that and I see them drive and not so much over the cliff, but I see them driving though with a it's a top down in the song playing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it does have a summer vibe to it. You guys might be talking into that. I like it more than I thought I did. Rick, Good morning, Yes, sir, Hi, Rick.
Speaker 1: It's wanting to say, I totally agree with Alex. It's not the Black Keys because I'm used to and it did sound a little poffy, But I didn't hate it.
Speaker 21: But I wasn't a huge fan of it. I definitely don't see it being a hit, but I mean it was starting to.
Speaker 1: Listen to you. You got to listen to it a couple more times.
Speaker 3: You know, Jeremy's going to have it at ten, then it's going to play again at twelve. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta tell you. With it playing like I know, like it's underneath us and I'm talking and Rick was talking. Now listener, Alex is gonna talk, I think I might be liking it more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like it does, just not they removed the filter. I'm I'm toe tapping over here. It just happened.
Speaker 3: I didn't even try to go out and toe tap. I'm starting to tap my toes. Alex, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: What'd you think I liked it?
Speaker 4: It's not my favorite Black Kids song, but it gave me kind of like a vibe when Blue October started changing their sound a little bit more poppy, He's kind of.
Speaker 1: Get the same vibe off that. Have you ever liked a band and they're like, let's just say they're four albums deep and you.
Speaker 3: Hear their new song, and the history of music is that anyone ever said this is my favorite song by the band. No, because he got it used to it, I don't think so. Yeah, you know you're right because they have a lot of songs. Listener, Alex, they have a lot of songs out there, and they do have some stuff that is pop leaning, So I appreciate the call. Thank you, thank you, not his favorite black Key song.
Speaker 5: No, I get that though.
Speaker 1: You're just popping here, like you always say.
Speaker 4: If this is on and you were outside on the patio and this came on, yeah, you're not changing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And everything doesn't have to be great or awful.
Speaker 1: This is a good like.
Speaker 3: I vibe with this, like the Super Bowls on Sunday, right, uh huh. Sound on in the living room, right, but you head outside. There's a TV out there, but there's a little music playing and you might stay for this and black Case does that do black Keys that Rob was talking about, Well, that Alex said sounded a little too poppy.
Speaker 1: I like it more than I'm here. It's it's growing on me. It's it's grown up me more.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna I'll be here when Jeremy gets here at ten, I'm gonna sit. I'm gonna listen to it on the radio one more time. I appreciate the calls.
Speaker 1: If you send me an email, you know, all send that over to the Wizard. It's definitely growing on me. Arter dren Ball, it's.
Speaker 3: Football time in Houston with the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four or five, then ninety four five the Buzz, popa Roach, New Black Keys before.
Speaker 1: That world premiere. We're doing it all day, every two hours.
Speaker 3: Jeremy's gonna have it for you at ten at twelve two, four o'clock with Teresa. You see how we're gonna do that, right, and that's gonna make Laurie happy. Laurie Bullwinkle, Sis says brother Rott. Sounds like I'm in the minority. This is their email, but I loved it. All I know from them is what plays on the Buzz, and I like those songs. But this song had me dancing around the kitchen like a teenager. I will run this one to the ground on repeat for several weeks. Thanks Laurie. A bunch of other emails came in that people really really liked it. Yeah, good song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was humming it in the hall. You were, yeah, that's good. That's a good. More than maybe I let on you might have a future with that song. All right.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you guys for always trusting us to kind of spin some new music. And you know, the biggest fear with the radio world is, you know, you put on something brand new without getting two behind the curtains. You put on something new and it's like, oh, okay, I don't recognize it's not gonna go somewhere else. Radio Wizard trust you guys with some new music here on the morning show, because we don't get to play a lot of the new stuff, you know. I mean, we get to debut things, but then he's got to run it in the ground overnights for six months to try and test it, and then we get it. So thank you guys for always being open to stick it around and listen into.
Speaker 1: Some new music with us. It's one of my favorite things that we do in the morning. It really is. I'll listen to it again. I'll listen to it when Jeremy comes in.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: I know the grocery stores are gonna be mad house. I know they're gonna be a mad house. Maybe if I go, like right after work, it won't be so bad. I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like tomorrow. I just got to pick up a few things. I just wasn't smart. Why didn't I go during the week.
Speaker 5: I'm going to What's wrong with you? I always gotta go?
Speaker 3: She's do on Friday, Super Bowl weekend it's gonna be crazy. Are you on the hook for you said you're going to your sister in last party?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Well she's the chief fan, so I just assume it's her party. But are you on the hook to bring something?
Speaker 5: I asked my brother yesterday.
Speaker 4: I've been doing these white castle sliders, like my own version of white castle sliders.
Speaker 1: You make them, yeah, very good.
Speaker 4: Ground up the beef, throw it on top of the Hawaiian rolls, it all together, then you put it in the oven for a little bit, melt a little cheese on top.
Speaker 3: I did something similar to that, but I cooked it on the flat top, okay, yeah, and I made it. I used the Hawaiian roles that you're talking about, right though, the small dinner rolls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you go and you cut the whole thing. You put it all as one, and then you cut the whole thing up after you're done with that.
Speaker 3: I took the dinner rolls out of the little cardboard a little package, right, and that's what I used to form my paddy. I made a big patty in that rectangle us. I used that to form the paddy because that's exact size I need for the shot it's just ground, ground up beef. Like you don't have actual individual patties for each I just write yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I made I made one huge paddy and then.
Speaker 4: Keep it all together by putting the cheese on top of your throat in the oven for five ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh that'll kill at the party.
Speaker 5: You get the word onions there.
Speaker 1: Now, if I had to guess, I'm gonna say, you're going to ChB.
Speaker 5: No free ads. But yes you are.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Is it because you like it better?
Speaker 5: Or is it because it's closest?
Speaker 4: Ah see it's and I get case over there every Friday, Every Friday Friday.
Speaker 3: The American Customer Satisfaction indexes in measures customer satisfaction in the retail industries. I think it was a couple of weeks ago. It was that dumb you Gov poll. Remember seven to eleven was the Beat was determined as the most popular grocery store. And we said, this is another one of those stupid lists. Yeah, it's like, that's not a grocery store.
Speaker 1: This is the one.
Speaker 3: The annual index is in forty one thousand shoppers across the country over last year, and they rated grocery stores tied for first place. Publics and Trader Joe's. I just don't have a Trader Joe's near me.
Speaker 1: And it's a cult.
Speaker 3: It's a cult we talk about every time I talk about publics, I talk about Dinah, how much she just raved about it.
Speaker 5: Public it's a grocery store. The pub's subs rock.
Speaker 1: Where did you? Where were you exposed?
Speaker 5: I lived in Atlanta and they have them there. They public Atlanta, Florida, Alabama.
Speaker 3: The way that you guys, you know, love HV. It's it's even more of a cult. It's it's like BUCkies. It's when people talk about publics. They love publics. Publics and Trader Joe's tied for number one. Wegmans at two. Yeah, there's one hundred New York and there's one hundred and eleven stores in eight states. There's a lot of them in New York. Wegmans is pretty badass. The subs are awesome. Sam's Club in at three. I'll allow it as a grocery store. It is a grocery store. It's a wholesale store. It's yeah, but you it's like clothes. You can buy a TV there, you can buy an engagement room there.
Speaker 5: Do you consider Target a grocery store. You can buy groceries at Target.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, I guess, well, you have to say that.
Speaker 5: Than Sam's has to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sam's Club in at three, Whole Foods for Hib at five, which is pretty good to make a national list because Hib is here, you know, in Texas, and Costco in at six. So you have both of the big, huge chains of the big warehouse stores. Both of them made it.
Speaker 1: Costco.
Speaker 3: I've done this bit before. What's better Sam's Club or Costco? Depending on what of their branded merchandise that you like, You'll choose that one if you like what is it Kirklin at one of them, and then something else at the other.
Speaker 5: I do not have an membership to eat it.
Speaker 1: No, I end up buying like a palette of toilet paper that I don't need, and then I'm good to go for a year.
Speaker 4: I don't have a house, so I don't have any place to store all that stuff. So if I had eight thousand paper towel rolls, I wouldn't know where to put it.
Speaker 1: Well, good news for HIB making the top five list.
Speaker 2: In the nation.
Speaker 8: Rock and Alternative Very used to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 14: Morning Show six to ten am, The.
Speaker 17: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Nirvada's in Bloom Ryan Show Free Beer Friday, and then there was one.
Speaker 1: There's one case of beer left.
Speaker 3: There is one square left, one opportunity left for the one hundred bottles of Carbach Love Street Blonde on the wall. After we give away this case of beer, I will invite that person.
Speaker 1: To join the wall.
Speaker 3: And then one hundred of you are watching the game on Sunday, five hundred dollars after the first quarter, second quarter, at the close of the third quarter, and then the final score five hundred dollars per quarter and the final score. How about that chance to win five hundred bucks. It makes that nine o'clock beer very important. Good luck to you, Thank you, Carbuck. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty two. The rest of the weekend, We're in the eighties both days, twenty percent chance of rain mostly cloudy, Yeah, eighty four tomorrow eighty one.
Speaker 1: On Sunday alex one final time Houston's hadnds. Please pcod morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A judge has temporarily blocked Donald Trump's federal employee buyout plan. The block was ordered by US District Judge George O'Toole, just hours before the deadline for employees to make a decision. The judge did not say anything about the merits of the suit filed against the buyout plan, but did set a follow up hearing for Monday afternoon to allow both sides of the case to prepare their arguments. At least forty thousand federal workers have already accepted the deferred resignation offer since last week. Harris County Judge Lena Hidalgo held a press convince yesterday to address the recent dismissal of charges against her former staff members by Attorney General Ken Paxton's office. Two charges of misuse of information were dismissed against her former chief of staff, who was charged in an alleged big bid rigging case in twenty twenty two. In her press Covertzidalgo called Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg a quote dirty cop who owes citizens of Harris County and apology for wasting millions of dollars investigating the judge's office, in which she calls a years long political drama. If we did have him fight, if I was mayor, Guys that have voted me mayor I would have made them fight.
Speaker 1: But O wins that fight right way bigger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like an unfair fight almost.
Speaker 3: I don't see Hidalgo, you know, making a fist even No, No, she'd had to take time off.
Speaker 1: Kim Ogg would definitely, Yeah, what would cleaner clock? Right? If they did fight, they're not going to it looking at it too.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Lena's trained in martial arts or anything like that which would change it, but just looking at him, I would I would go with kim Ogg probably, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh, that was fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't forget to wear red today, everybody, if you haven't left the house yet, go throw something that's red on It's National Wear Red Day, which is observed on the first or first Friday of every February, which also happens to be American Heart Month. I mean, it's meant to raise awareness for heart disease, which is the leading cause of death for women in the United States. You can find out more information about this at go Red for Women dot org. Lady Gaga, Tom Brady and other stars were seen filming a tribute for recent tragedy victims. A video from Bourbon Street showed Brady and an LAFD shirt with first responders and other sports stars like Michael Strahan and Howie Long alongside him. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones also made appearances. The segment is expected to be broadcast during the Super Bowl this Sunday.
Speaker 1: Travis Barker is gonna be running for a good cause today.
Speaker 4: The blank within Ay two Drummers Run Travis Run five K is taking place at Audubon Park in New Orleans. Money rays from the events going to go towards helping or toys relief for the California wildfires, and money from the after party will be donated to the LAFD Foundation. So good to see Travis out there, Gail exercise and give him back. Those are used to headlines.
Speaker 1: Now you're a huge fan. Did you know that he does? Is this like an annual thing? Does he is? He always associate himself with the Super Bowl and du A race.
Speaker 5: I learned about it today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like five k's, but now I will.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 5: You can't miss it. This is my favorite five k every year.
Speaker 1: You're more of a marathon or keeping up, not.
Speaker 5: Any of the running kind of guy.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, what the Rockets Like? You kept telling me they were the hottest teams, were on the coldest team. I guess like five in a row they lost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Okay'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Everything's we be fine, dude, don't worry and we need to freak out. It did follow the Timberwolves last night, one twenty seven to one to fourteen, five losses in a row. They're gonna try and bounce back tomorrow when they take the Timberwolves on again in Minnesota. It's gonna be a two o'clock tip off. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Super Bowl fifty nine is on Sunday. It's gonna be between the Chiefs and the Eagles. Chiefs are one point favorites and they're trying to become the first team in NFL history to win three straight Super Bowls.
Speaker 5: Kickoff is at five thirty. You can watch it on Fox.
Speaker 1: Yes, Roy our pole question, we're just kind of wondering who you're rooting for now.
Speaker 3: I knew that most of the audience was going to be you don't care, which is true forty seven Then you kind of flush out.
Speaker 1: Which team though, are most people going for?
Speaker 3: And like Chili, I think there's a Jalen Hurts, there's the local connection.
Speaker 1: People are looking at that. There's a Chiefs fatigue.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight percent of our audience Eagles thirteen percent Chiefs.
Speaker 1: But again most don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also Chili is a big Jalen Hurts d rider. But DeAndre Hopkins, former Texan, is on the Chiefs. Why don't you care about your boy? No, he doesn't care about your boy.
Speaker 5: And he said anybody leaves Houston, he usually didn't leave by choice.
Speaker 1: I know he gives DeAndre Hopkins a pass. He had his mom.
Speaker 5: H don't you want to give a Super Bowl Rangers mom against nine?
Speaker 1: What do you got Chili? Like I said, uh, Jalen Hurst. I've been a fan of.
Speaker 12: Him since he was in Alabama and then to uh Oklahoma and then you know, so I'm going with the Eagles.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you rode DeAndre Hopkins jock for years. Yeah, but you don't want him to get a ring.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't want DeAndre Hopkins to wing ring. But I'm just tired of the Chiefs bro of caase.
Speaker 5: DeAndre Hopkins the hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, but also you.
Speaker 5: Have no allegiance to Jan Hurts.
Speaker 12: Dude, he's a good role model.
Speaker 5: All right, good yeah, kids to push together. He was smoking Saturday.
Speaker 1: All right, Twins, keep it down, Rocky and all very.
Speaker 14: Rod Ryan Morning Show, six to ten am.
Speaker 16: Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You got the free Bam Friday. He got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: And free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: All right, last case of her, last square, it's a big one.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, who's this Jeremy?
Speaker 1: You got it, dude, you got it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you the fourth and final case of beer, and then you've got the last square, one hundred bottles of a car Bock Love Street Blonde on the Wall.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you.
Speaker 3: Knew, but dude, you gots just win five hundred dollars per quarter now for being on the on the board.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you the last, the last square, so you're aware, you understand how this is working. Yeah, absolutely, Jeremy, I need.
Speaker 3: A selfie of you. We've got to get a picture of you up on the beer board. So after I turn you over to Chili, that's gonna be the first thing, he says. I'm like, all right, I'll send you with your beers, but you have to snap a little quick photo of you today, just a selfie, just a quick one boom right there, you know, whenever you stop.
Speaker 1: Are you in the car now? Yeah, we're driving to a drop sight right now. I don't want you doing it when you're driving.
Speaker 5: I'm about to pull over right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I definitely don't want you doing it when you're driving. But good luck to you, dude.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to alex Is gonna help me, and we're gonna draw numbers afterwards, and then those will be your numbers for the at the end of the first, second, and third quarter. If your numbers come up yes, then five hundred dollars, and then the final score the game, five hundred dollars. Jeremy, you're in on all that.
Speaker 1: Man's awesome, awesome, Thanks dude, have a great weekend. Good luck to you on the money too. Man. I agree, I wish you the best. Thank you to carback for letting us do this again this year. It's always fun.
Speaker 3: Following along, and Chili will be watching the game and he'll be keeping track to see who wins and who we got to start writing checks to.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be awesome. Listen.
Speaker 3: Because of the squares, it's gonna be tough. I'll see if we can get a first phone call or open phones calls.
Speaker 1: I'm sure these are all beer people. I'm sure of it because of the squares.
Speaker 5: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Let's just see who's on the phones. Open phones for Friday, open phone for Friday, more like open phones? Fried Yay, okay, might just be all beer people. Good morning, rob Ryan show yo yo. Who's this?
Speaker 21: This is Joepher.
Speaker 1: You're calling for open phones? Are you calling for beer? I mean, I just I just rank because I know beer. The beer's gone, the beer's going. What I wanted to say, I got this. I'm still so excited. I got the seventh tand the other day I'm going to boscast for this. Oh man, this this will be my first year at bus fast with pod Man. I'm so excited. Let's go, baby.
Speaker 3: So Joseph was Joseph was on with us earlier. Did you get the did you get the second pair of tickets that I offered up.
Speaker 1: I got that.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I got the second ticket, the second tickets, because you were like, I can't be done yet, and I was, so, look you almost. I was this close to hanging out.
Speaker 3: We played the seven and ten game and and you're doing a great job of doing the drop too. We got a winner right right out of the gate. I said, oh, come on, I want to play. Let's so we got to play the game again. And then we had we'll get to play this again.
Speaker 1: Ready, man, that's my favorite.
Speaker 3: All right, Joseph, thank you, man, have a great weekend. Okay, dude, uh it's open phones right now. Brandon, Good morning. The beer's gone. Are you calling for beer or you just want to chit chat a little bit?
Speaker 1: Beer man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I figured a tough luck. The beer's gone. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hi, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 21: This is Julian Hi.
Speaker 1: Man, what do you need? Hey, buddy? Calling for the beer?
Speaker 21: Yes, sir, I am first time, first time I ever wing the beer.
Speaker 1: You still haven't won. I already gave away the beer, dude, I'm sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's insane today. Everyone's trying because of the squares. Good morning, Rod, Ryan Show. Hey Daniel, Hi Daniel.
Speaker 1: Is this an open phones call or is this a beer call? Beer call? Damn it, dam Daniel. The beer's gone. Yeah, the beer's gone. Yeah. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about something else though, I got you here, like what else? What have you always wanted to ask? A rod Ryan Show?
Speaker 1: What question has been just? It's just been driving you crazy. It's like, oh my god, you could just ever talk to these guys and find out this. Why did they do this? Nothing? Nothing, not any questions. But I I didn't want to talk about that song though, if you're open for that, the Black Keys song? Yeah, yeah, yeah, what'd you think of it? I liked it? Man, you liked it?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was no, No, I loved it. I think it's a it's going to be a summer anthem, you know what.
Speaker 3: More than one person that emailed me started bringing up like, hey, this could be a summer jam for me.
Speaker 1: So I think you might be onto something there, dude.
Speaker 5: It's getting to be that time of the year. Summer is getting Yes.
Speaker 3: From the beginning, yep, the beginning of it's not a kind of scosh with there was like horns that came in.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, it had like a super soaker kings Leon found forward the end.
Speaker 3: So I think you're spot on, dude. I think, listen, this is what we call painting a turd. What you did is you but but it's passing, you know, Like you called for the beer and I was already beyond that. But it was open phones, and we just had some good dialogue and I liked every I like everything you said.
Speaker 1: Dude, Thanks for being on today. Yeah, fun, all right, dude, thank you. That's how you make chicken soup out of chicken. Yep.
Speaker 5: I can't say that word, but I get what you're going.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, I got to give you a chance to win a thousand dollars here alternative income. I guess it's coming back all next week too. I heard that in our meeting. It's the one thing I did here in the our meeting. We might have two more weeks of this alternative income stuff. So good luck getting the cash. Let's get these phone lines full of people that want to talk for open phones. What do you want to talk about? It's your our guys, seven one, three, nine, four five. Good luck, this rocks.
Speaker 8: Results have all day and the rod Ryan Morning show.
Speaker 3: Okay, welcome back everybody. I'll get back to more of your phone calls. Now we've got old people that want to get it on for open phones. I got we got all the beer people out of here, so I'll get back to your phone calls.
Speaker 1: But first I gotta shoot it over to Alex Tomline. It's Alix Online ninety five the muzz What you got? Well?
Speaker 4: Since this is my segment, I decided that today's a well. It is just gonna be called Eli got robbed. And I have a case for why Eli Manning should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, even though he's not. I also have the names of all the Pro Football Hall of Fame voters. Looking at you, uh, John McClain, Here in you, John McLain, he did not vote scumbag, He did not vote Eli mbag confirmed why.
Speaker 1: Not Eli Manning?
Speaker 4: Two time Stup Bowl Champion, two times to Bowl MVP Walter Payton Mann at your winner, four time Pro Bowler, retired with the seventh most completion yards, most the most postseason passing yards in a single postseason in NFL history, got three time Pro Bowl winning coach. I don't understand how that's not gonna get you in. They say championships matter, I guess they don't.
Speaker 1: He's a manning for crying out like Paul.
Speaker 4: Gutierrez, Eric Williams, Howard Blazer. Those are all scumbags that did not vote for elimn Jeff Hobson, Tony Grossi, Goslin. You see all of Eli's highlights, his two Super Bowl, miraculous comeback wins. Go see that, and you can't tell me that he wasn't robbed at the World Finished right, ran, go pay to the pusdocs my segment.
Speaker 5: I can do this every now and then.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. You are in luck that I saved you all from that. Now, I go on. I know you could, I know you could. But Jordan wants to talk about the Chiefs. Jordan, Hey, Ron, how we going? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're gonna sit here and tell me how great the Chiefs are, it's not gonna go great.
Speaker 1: I just got done with this. I just got done with this lunaticket in here, go ahead. I was gonna say, I just Josh Allen got the MVP last night. I love that for him. I love that for him.
Speaker 3: I hate that back you know, I hate that backhanded compliment more than anything.
Speaker 1: Going to let's go cheese och it. Thank you, David. Good morning, hey man.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 18: Brother?
Speaker 1: What's ups up? Dude? Talk to me? What you got for open phones? Hey man, this is for Alex.
Speaker 9: Shame on you for bearing the lead on the Grammys and only talking about Beyonce when you should have been talking about Gojira winning.
Speaker 1: Best Metal Performance of Grammy for Metal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a great moment that was when they televised that, right, Oh, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: They don't tell amazing. They don't televise during the fact that you didn't say anything about it, just talking about Beyonce and heard well, he thought the bigger go Jira moment was them playing at the Olympics.
Speaker 5: That was my favorite moment.
Speaker 3: All right, Goodjiro, they want a Grammy? Good William, You're next up on open phones. Good morning, Good lourening.
Speaker 1: What you got dude.
Speaker 13: Hey, it is good to hear your voice again. I'm back in the Houston area. I've been out of the area since a couple of years now, so I just wanted to call and say good to hear you. Guys' voice again, Pree Friday.
Speaker 1: It's good to have you back. Where did you move to? Uh no, Littleville? Where Littleville? Texas? Okay? You stayed in this between Colleen and Temple.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, now you're back here in Houston and you're listening on the radio.
Speaker 1: Now, Yes, sir, yes, sir. Bro So happy to have you back. Man. Did work bring you back? Did good news? Did good things bring you back here? Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, work, work, residential, commercial, anything with the dead president I'm involved with.
Speaker 1: Good to have you back in the family. William, thank you, welcome back. Good luck. Michael, you're st up on open phones?
Speaker 8: Hey Rod, Hey Man?
Speaker 22: Is that it?
Speaker 1: Just wanted to say, yeah, you're there, You're there, Yeah, I am here. This is Michael right, Yeah, my bad d that's a coaching over in my truck working. It's all good man. What you got for open phones? Daddy?
Speaker 21: O oh, Man, just wanted to tell you all.
Speaker 9: I'm having my third baby boy next Friday on Downtime's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mo day, my Hiko. How old are the other two? Four and a half.
Speaker 21: The other one's gonna be three in March, and then we got Miko coming.
Speaker 1: This guy's been busy, Michael.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe that's genius, though I don't know, Alex, I don't talk to you about this.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's genius. If you're gonna have kids, knock them all out, boom boom, boom boom. Have some Irish twins or whatever they call.
Speaker 5: It, Irish twins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just knock them out, get them all close together. My wife wants to go for a girl still, but I don't know about all that. I'm about to be forty.
Speaker 3: So you have two boys, and the boys coming next one week from today, so you'll have three my three sons.
Speaker 1: Huh yes, yes, sir. Can we ask the name of the new one? Uh?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: So the new one is Micholas. So we'll be planning on going with Miko. Cool.
Speaker 3: Hey dude, congratulations. Now that we're all invested, you got to give us a call. Hopefully everything goes well. Oscar, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, what you got?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 21: I just want to give a shout out to uh and next we ended up in good, good term, so I just want to give my shout out.
Speaker 3: To her ex wife or ex girlfriend, ex girl, ex girlfriend? So are you looking to get back with her? Is that while you're shouting.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah, okay, feelings did you ask her? Did you ask her to actually go out? Or is this do you want to do it now?
Speaker 21: I just want to sho that shout out and maybe Calera.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, she's I hope she hears this. What's her name?
Speaker 21: Her name is Jocelyn?
Speaker 1: Jocelyn? Now are you looking for?
Speaker 14: I mean?
Speaker 1: Did it end so not? Yeah?
Speaker 21: No, we both decide to end it, mostly because new jobs and uh prongless family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you want to back yeah? Basically?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How long did you date?
Speaker 21: Form like a little, about six seven months?
Speaker 1: Six seven months? And then how long you been broken up? About four?
Speaker 21: I believe close before.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're hoping that she's maybe got some feelings.
Speaker 5: For you still, Yeah, Oscar seems like a great guy.
Speaker 1: Jocelyn. Right, is her name? Oscar? Yeah, that's her name, Oscar and Jocelyn.
Speaker 3: Shot, bro, Come on, Jocelyn, if you're listening, give bost again, give Oscar another chance.
Speaker 5: He's a catch.
Speaker 1: Good luck bro, all right, good luck brother, wild bank of phone calls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit of everything, something for everybody, all right, one more.
Speaker 3: This guy says he can do the it's Thursday better than the it's Thursday guy. You can't Kevin, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 8: Good morning guys.
Speaker 19: Thanks thanks for saving me on the Alexes rant.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 20: I want to do it real quick, and then I got one more thing before we get out here, because I know you need to be quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, So you want to wait, bit baby.
Speaker 3: We talked to the it's Thursday guy, the guy that yells it's Thursday at six o'clock in the morning for the last almost twenty years now. He gave us an updated one. You feel like you could do it, but you're trying to take his job. Yes, well, listen, I guess I mean.
Speaker 5: We weren't paying pretty well for that job.
Speaker 1: We're holding auditions. Here we go, all right, this is this is maybe our new it's Thursday guy.
Speaker 20: Go ahead, Kevin, it's thursayback for damn hey, I was doing it, okay, Henger, it's bro bag.
Speaker 1: Not bad, damn it.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Bad, It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Something on the phones even when the real it's Thursday guy did it earlier in the week.
Speaker 1: His phone dropped out. Must have been like overmodulated or whatever.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, get up there, Okay, it is a weird This is a really, really weird open phone froday.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it, though, I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Keep the phone lines coming to keep him full Man seven one five The rod.
Speaker 14: Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Radio ninety four five The Buzz Listen. Don't even come near me at Buzzfest when that song's on. I want to talk to you sitting next to each other. We're standing next to each other showing the same song. Don't even be near me. This is an offspring situation.
Speaker 3: I'm anna absolutely because I've seen it done live before. I absolutely lose my mind when Pod does that song live. Good morning, everybody, It's a rod Ryan Show, ninety four five, The Buzz Sorry everything else. Buzz Pod is gonna be playing a Buzzfest on Saturday, May twenty fourth at the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Don't even come near me, Okay, I want to talk to all of you guys. I want to hang out with all of you, not during that song. Do not even look at me during that song. Lose take a look.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna lose my ever loving mind when that comes on. That song gets me so amped up. Chavelle Marilyn manson Blue October Evans Blue Sleep Theory.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's a great show man. Get your tickets now through ticket Master locations. It's been a weird open phones, but I like weird with open phone. Yeah, you guys, are you keep me on my toes? That's for sure. It's open phones Friday, all right.
Speaker 3: This Brian sent me an email and he said he was hoping to get through on open phones.
Speaker 1: He got through. Hey, is this about the High School ice Hockey League? Yes, it is.
Speaker 21: Thank you for letting me in.
Speaker 3: Awesome dude. Yeah, of course if I can promote a little hockey here. I mean, we've already lost half of our audience with that Eli Manning rant. Let's know, let's lose the other half. Go ahead, talk hockey.
Speaker 9: Well, I just appreciate, I mean, I appreciate all you and Alex do for, you know, pushing the sport here in Houston. Wanted to make sure everybody was aware there is a high school league in Houston. There are eleven teams. There's a North and South division. Most of the games are held Fridays and Sunday nights at the Aerodrome up in northwest Houston, near Willerbrook and down in Katie and Sugarland Ice. My son is on the fresh as a freshman on the Sidewoods High School team, the Wildcats. They are playing at kleinb tonight. It's a grudge match senior night. We're gonna celebrate those senior players. Let's fill the stands.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 1: It's great action.
Speaker 9: It'll give a high school football.
Speaker 1: Run for its money. Do you you charge for the games?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No charge? Really? Okay, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: And it's the Houston High School Ice Hockey League SHL Interscholastic.
Speaker 1: Hockey Interscholastic High School League.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, I'm gonna lum of that league.
Speaker 1: That's what you played. You were a goalie.
Speaker 5: Does Sinco Ranch cougar Is still play in that league?
Speaker 9: No, So some of the team's changed throughout the years. Right, the league has gone up. There's eleven teams now, but yeah, some of them had to merge.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, all right, Brian, thank you man. Just check that out. Yeah, keep going, man.
Speaker 3: I will always kind of promote a little bit of hockey on this show, for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, norm what's up other Rock? There you are? Hey man, what's up with you? You're on Open Phones Friday. What you got cool? Man?
Speaker 21: I just wanted to give a quick shout out to to my wife Ryan. Today is eighteen years.
Speaker 1: Whoa wait a minute, you've been to whether eighteen year anniversary? Well, it's an eighteen year for code of time together, eleven years marriage. What are you celebrating? This is it this weekend? Is it today? What's the what's the anniversary?
Speaker 5: The Golden Ends?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's going anniversary.
Speaker 21: It's February seventh to seven to February seventh.
Speaker 1: Today is the ride with the Old Lady. Wow, good for you dude.
Speaker 5: Congrats man, way to go?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you still got to play a drop?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that was in there? Sorry? Congratulations norm All right, Trey, you're next up on open Phones. Good morning, hey brother Rod. How's it going so great? This is Captain Sea Bass in the band called Rowdy. We play at BFF this Saturday at seven o'clock. Where the Battle of the Bands or bocket Oh Battle of ben What kind of band are you in?
Speaker 8: Rowdy is a Southern rock band, kind of a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of metal, but mostly rock and roll. What do you do in the band? Tray? I played drums. I love it. I love it. If you do the most work in the band, you're the hardest working guy in the band. I know that already about you. You know you're sitting there setting up your drums.
Speaker 3: You gotta hold your drums round, you gotta break down. Meanwhile, that son of a bitch lead singer, he doesn't do anything, does he?
Speaker 20: That?
Speaker 1: That guy does nothing?
Speaker 3: Okay, he's more concerned with the ass in the front row of that show and helping tray out with his drums.
Speaker 1: You think that guy would ever lift a symbol? No, that damn anybody does five out six out curls? Do you guys do originals or covers? Originals? Originals?
Speaker 13: We do one cover, but mostly original.
Speaker 1: What's the cover song you do?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 1: Outlaw Woman? Actually, bye.
Speaker 10: Bye?
Speaker 1: That's the old country song.
Speaker 21: I couldn't even remember off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: I can't remember who that is.
Speaker 3: Okay, So then where can we see your band, like on Instagram or something. Why don't you give out some kind of a social so people can check you out?
Speaker 1: So it's left get rowdy ht X. We're on all all social media platforms, front, Spotify, YouTube, everything all right, dude, keep banging those drums. Dude, Nathan, good morning. You're next up on open phones. Hey, I was just like to show yell out y'all are doing great. I had a question about DJing. Yeah, okay, you've called a couple of DJs. We can hopefully answer your question. What is it? So? Are there any iconic songs that have iconic instrumental intros that you would ignore hitting the post on and just listen to instrumental?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 3: The thing about being a DJ is you are so far up your own ass and you love the sound of your voice, and you love the power of being on the air. There is no song that is bigger than the sound of your own voice. I will ramp any song out there.
Speaker 1: That is kind of the mentality with a lot of these people, I'll be honest with you. They they we DJA had from Bush is like a minute and a half of a ramp though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but are you talking about like the song intro like let's go with Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses. Are you saying, like, man, that intro is too important to the song. I gotta keep my voice off of that.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're talking about Yeah, well that or like a song of songs for the dead, for queens to the Stone Age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, LCD sound System has Daft Punk is playing at my house. That used to be my podcast intro before we get seasoned assisted and that has an awesome intro that I would not speak up.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't speak over it because just out of respect for the intro is so great. Yeah, yeah, yeah, most most on air personalities are in love with themselves. Hey, the music is always secondary to the amazing things that come out of their yaps.
Speaker 5: Elevator music from back is also a good one.
Speaker 1: That's a funny question though, Nathan, thank you. I appreciate it. Thank you so much. One more.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna like it. You're not gonna like it, Alex, Oh, this is corn bread.
Speaker 1: It's corn bread. Let her do a thing under the superb parking lot. So are you in New Orleans? Corn bread? I am leaving right after work today.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I know listen, we know you from here, but are you originally from Philly? How'd you become this Philadelphia Eagles fan?
Speaker 5: Oh, let's not even get into that. Let's just shake So, sir, you have.
Speaker 1: A tattoo fly. Do you have a Philly tattoo?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I thought so.
Speaker 5: I signed it.
Speaker 1: Whatever, and I'm getting another one after we win the super Bowl? You are okay, we'll do it first.
Speaker 5: Do it beforehand, unless you're a coward and you don't believe in your team.
Speaker 1: What is the all the giants shut up and go lay down?
Speaker 5: Is enjoy it now?
Speaker 1: If you win? Are you getting a Lombardi trophy tattooed on you? What will you? What will your super Bowl tattoo be when we win? Yes, I am gonna have the new Roman numerals.
Speaker 14: You're gonna have a big old eagle and the Lombardy.
Speaker 1: And where on your body are you putting this corn bread?
Speaker 4: You know what? I don't know?
Speaker 1: And proud She's like well anywhere, but like a drop in the future, anywhere on this temple.
Speaker 5: Do it before if you really want to put your money away of mouthful?
Speaker 1: All right here? I think I have six picks this weekend. I also have sixty. I want six picks from you, okay for for Monday? Can you have them?
Speaker 3: We're working Monday. I know you're probably gonna be a party in all night. Stay off the telephone poles, don't be climbing the lanterns and the lamp posts.
Speaker 1: And stuffing like that. Okay, no promises. I don't want to see you titties on top of a street car. Well maybe I do. Yeah, send in those. I want six picks from you, all right.
Speaker 14: You know I've got blending.
Speaker 1: I always got all right corn bread.
Speaker 5: Good luck for you, all right, that's ad luck.
Speaker 1: I knew you weren't gonna like it.
Speaker 5: I do you like corn bred.
Speaker 3: She's awesome, She's awesome. I know she'll take good pictures. So now I got competition as always when it's my six picks.
Speaker 4: I did get to sign her Eagles tattoo at the twentieth anniversary of this showe Eagles Suck.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She specifically asked that I signed. I was like, well, I'm not gonna write anything nice, all right, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta take a break. All right. We finished strong.
Speaker 3: That's what we did there Outlaw Music Festival. Those tickets are go going on sale today at ten o'clock. Willie Dylan and the Avid Brothers July sixth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: I'll have a pair of tickets for you and know the show after.
Speaker 8: This, The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, let's go Ma La.
Speaker 3: La la la la la La La La la la la la la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 1: Time for the show. We never had a song for this, did we? But we never had like a jingle intro for this. No, we do it every day. We should wear it on, all right? Well know the show. Maybe I'll come up with some Maybe I'll just write a jingle this weekend. Do it. As I'm doing my six picks and Cornbraad's doing her six.
Speaker 5: Picks, I might do six picks two. Who knows.
Speaker 1: Hers are going to be better than all of ours. You know that Eagles contents, she parties. I'll be garbage. All right? What are you giving away here? Oh? I'm sorry? It's the Outlaw Music Festival.
Speaker 3: Tickets go on sale at ten o'clock for Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Avett Brothers and more July sixth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: When them before they go on sale?
Speaker 4: What's your question? I gotta choose your own adventure. I want you to pick a arb. I have two questions ready.
Speaker 1: You want me to take a arb?
Speaker 5: You pick a arb and I will use which whatever when you pick the one that's not Eli Manning.
Speaker 1: That, I knew it. That would have been b What color are you supposed to be wearing today? Okay, that's good seven one three two one two five nine four five. I knew it. I'm dunning their helmets and shoulder pads. DELI stood ready to make music from the field The rod Ryan Show on ninety four All the get the read through, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: That's the Red Hot Chili Peppers can't stop and that's gonna be our last song.
Speaker 1: We gotta get out of here. Nine fifty eight, wrapping up a free beer Friday. We got those tickets that are going on sale.
Speaker 3: Cheez, They're going on sale in two minutes, so let's make sure these are winning before they go out sales.
Speaker 1: Now, time for Know This Show on ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hi, Landed, Welcome to Know the Show. Listen to Alex and win these tickets. What's your question, Landed? What color are you supposed to be wearing today?
Speaker 1: Red? Yeah, it is red red Day. I found that out after I got dressed this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have redish on. I don't play that orange.
Speaker 3: I don't play that game. Oh I got a red stripe on my sock. Shut up, you didn't wear red today. Okay, Landing, congratulations, you're the winner. And h these tickets are win them before they go on sale. They go on sale in sixty seconds. The Outlaw Music Festival, Willie Dylon, Avid Brothers, July sixth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: You're in dude. Okay, Wow, awesome you guys pretty awesome. Have a great weekend. All right, thank you so much.
Speaker 21: You guys are the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Landon. It's a nice thing to say. I'm gonna leave it there. I should just go. It was a nice thing to hear.
Speaker 5: Just now.
Speaker 1: I can't. I gotta do this. I care used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell.
Speaker 12: I gotta have more cow bell, David, I got a fever and the only prescription this more cow bell.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do.
Speaker 7: It for us.
Speaker 3: Most of you, according to our poll this morning, do not care who wins the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: It's almost half of you.
Speaker 3: It's about forty eight percent, but thirty eight percent of your are going for the Eagles. Twelve percent are going for the Chiefs. We don't even need to get Alex involved in this. He's been in a weird mood today. Hammer and Hank took out Josh this morning, fresh out of bed, head to head. Hammer and Hank's like a four or five time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's back.
Speaker 3: He said he's gonna be working on Monday too, so we'll be here on Monday. It's not a holiday yet, we'll be here on Monday. So Hammeron Hank's gonna go for win number two when we get back from the weekend. Thanks to everyone that's submitted.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I wish I could put every single one of you that sent us a selfie of you with your Love Street.
Speaker 1: But the stage is set.
Speaker 3: There's one hundred of you now, one hundred bottles of Carbock Love Street Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 1: Alex is gonna help me.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll use a dry erase board maybe, and we'll just kind of pick some numbers. Okay, so we're gonna pick the numbers. We'll go Facebook Live give us a within the hour. Okay, we'll go do this and then we'll set you up for the weekend. Good luck, man, you got a chance to win five hundred dollars. Everybody on that wall. You're watching the game. You're checking the numbers at the end of the first, second, and third quarter, and then the final score of the game. Two dollars given away. Thank you to our friends over at Carbach. Okay, great job on.
Speaker 1: Open phones Friday.
Speaker 3: Today it got weird, but then it's finished, all right. New episode of Past the Gravy went up this week.
Speaker 5: Check it out. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: I got all the best Super Bowl prop bets for you. Okay, that's not I'll do a blog page this weekend and post it perfect.
Speaker 1: I have six picks. Corn Bread has six picks.
Speaker 5: I'll do.
Speaker 3: You're doing six picks now two because it's my week. Jeremy's up next. He should be playing the Black Key Song right now. I gotta go Jeremy. He's got the Black Key Song NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him on the one o'clock hour. That's it, guys, have an awesome weekend. We're back Valentine's Week next week. Yeah kidding me, Mile of meat next week. It's gonna be fun. We've got a lot of fun stuff planned for you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 16: Am Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 3: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 21: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.