Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Last night was the Grammys, of course, but also some music stuff for Mixtape Monday. The headline is somebody did never actually go into the building. Kanye and his and his right.
Speaker 1: They just went there for the red carpet splash and then left.
Speaker 2: And I know that there were splash. That doesn't rhyme, does it.
Speaker 1: No, they were reports that they were escorted away by LAPD. Yeah, that got quickly debunked. They were allegedly reportedly at the time uninvited and they were escored. My husband asked a question, how is that legal to be in public? Isn't that a decent exposure?
Speaker 2: That is a question. Children there for the love of God. One of the great memes was a kid who I guess was nearby on the red carpet. Did you ever see that the little kid kind of peeks out from around the corner. He's like, what his face? Oh my god, Oh lord, there's there's I don't know who's first of all, who's going to follow up on the who's going to press charges against the city attorney in LA is not going to press charges against somebody for that. But it's a silly it's a it's.
Speaker 1: It's gratuitous in that you're not gonna whatever bump you thought you were going to get publicity bump, you're not. Well, we haven't even said her name. We're just talking about it like it's ridiculous, because it is. It's like, you know, you're not even putting yourself out there for the sake of art.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I know some of these people in Hollywood there, you know that you go to the met gala or whatever, and you wear ridiculous things and sometimes you're half naked for the sake of the art piece that you're wearing or some crap. Uh, this is not art. You can't even make a case for it being art.
Speaker 2: And her family's got to step in. There's no dad in that situation. I think there is, And that's the problem. Really, Yeah, I think he has no No. I think it's been out before that her family was worried about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not sure how old is this person. She's in her thirties, Okay, well, yeah, she's thirty and he's in his forty Kanye's in his forties. I think anyway, we'll talk more about that. She does have a dad.
Speaker 2: His name's Leo. H interesting. What else is going on? Time for what's happening?
Speaker 1: Oh, he's a gangster. Apparently he's in a that's the problem. See, he didn't spend enough time. He was out there killing for drugs, and he didn't raise his daughter, and she grows up to be naked on the red carpet.
Speaker 2: There are immigration protests again today. Let's see it's like figaroa and third, figaroa and second. Right now, as a group of it's a few hundred people, it looks like is walking through traffic in downtown LA. Today's also supposed to be what did they call Day without an Immigrant Day. We did get a report that there are also protesters in this streets around Fillmore out along the one twenty six, So if you're out in that area, those are the only two that I've heard of so far. But yesterday we saw a big deal about protesters blocking the one on one freeway. If they had any smarts about them, they would have tried to make a bigger splash and actually done something near the Grammys.
Speaker 1: Do you know where your rain jacket is. It's probably right next to my rubbers. Do you have rubbers and my bumber?
Speaker 2: Shoot? What's a bumber? Shoot? My umbrella? Oh? Do you use an umbrella? I do not know.
Speaker 1: I do believe my wife has one. I do have one, I know where it is, but I have not used it. I don't think I've used an umbrella ever long time. I used it as a reporter when I was yeah, not here now.
Speaker 2: I used it. I had one in a truck when I was in a reporter in Seattle See.
Speaker 1: And they hated you for that. That's why they have that sculpture of the upside down umbrella.
Speaker 2: That's not why they hate me. Oh, it was the other set of me because I told the truth. I was just gonna have a very funny joke for us. And I don't know where that. I don't know where it was. No, rain is coming in tomorrow here southern California, probably tomorrow through Wednesday, and then another second distinct storm they said coming in Thursday into Friday, so I've heard. I was listening to the Woody Show this morning.
Speaker 1: They said the only place you could get eggs is at Costco, where they have a plethora of eggs.
Speaker 2: I was at Trader Joe's yesterday, no eggs.
Speaker 1: The whole egg thing, the whole frigerated egg stand was filled with strawberries and blueberries, which I did procure because I do enjoy my strawberries and blueberries.
Speaker 2: But no eggsberry omelet or something. No eggs.
Speaker 1: And now we have an egg truck crash that caused major delays on the five. She's got eggs, all the eggs lost. Four lanes were shut down this morning.
Speaker 2: Speaking of reopening, pH and Malibu has reopened after full containment of the Palisades fire. LAPD has been on tactical alert since January seven. And what happened over the weekend was Karen bas said we're going to open Sunday morning. Then she came back very quickly and said, okay, I meant, I meant Monday morning because they had to redeploy some resources and she had to get on the horn with Gavenowsom asked specifically for the National Guard to come in and handle some of the traffic controls so that the LAPD could get back to guarding Palisades and not doing traffic control, but also kind of redeploy their forces and get back to patrol and the rest of the city.
Speaker 1: Also, a hiker has fallen at zion On Canyon Overlook Trail. Mile long trail runs along the east side of the park. Apparently it happened about seven six am. Thirty seven year old man. I'm trying to remember what this trail looked like. There were trails where I wanted to throw myself over the side.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna say that your husband prevented you from doing so because him doing that.
Speaker 1: There's some long hikes, man, I and I am not a hiker, but I can't find I'm pretty sure we must have done that. But anyway, it doesn't say what happened. But this is not the first time in October a forty year old man fell. But he was canyoneering at the time. It wasn't just a he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't just a hiker.
Speaker 1: Sack a lunches say if he was like disoriented or malnourished or any of that.
Speaker 2: Dodgers pitchers and catchers start reporting to spring training one week from today. Fan Fest over the weekend, manager Dave Roberts said that shohe O Tani's return to pitching could come in May of this year. They are doing they being the Dodgers and the Cubs are opening the season in Tokyo in the middle of March, March eighteenth and nineteenth. But he said he definitely will not be pitching then, most likely pitching in May, so that'll be what a what a lineup those That's ridiculous, incredible, right, It's ridiculous. I mean, it's like the Mavericks. Stop it. Sorry, we were talking about eggs. You mentioned that egg The truck carrying a bunch of eggs flipped over, and so egg prices went up a dollar fifty today throughout southern California as a result. But there was also a question about how different prices can be depending on which store you go to. You mentioned Trader Joe's was out of eggs, but then Costco did have some. Our Costco was out of eggs last week. But there are obviously there are other places and people have secret, secret stashes of eggs or where they get them. Channel five actually did a story, Katla did a story and they looked at different brands are different stores and what they charged for eggs following price store brand grade A cage free eggs at Ralph's nine bucks for a do how nine bucks at Whole Foods three dollars and seventy nine cents, and then kind of anywhere in between. Vaughan's had it for eight bucks, Sprouts four bucks, Trader Joe's four bucks.
Speaker 1: Tricky because with eggs, you feel like you know how much eggs cost, right, usually about three bucks something like that, so you don't look at the price tag. It's one of those things you wouldn't look because they're eggs. Could you imagine getting a cart and of eggs, you get up to the checks and with nine dollars, yeah, and take these eggs back, sir. Obviously Whole I would take them back myself. I wouldn't have anyone else put them back.
Speaker 2: That's Wos and Sprouts considered to be sort of on the high end when it comes to prices for things like that, but they're the ones who have the cheaper eggs. When asked about the differences, it could be where each store gets their supply from. Are they all California eggs? Are there specific areas of the country that are harder hit than others when it comes to the bird flu Because we've had to cull I mean, hundreds of thousands are you gonna have Are you gonna have eggs at your Super Bowl party? I doubt it? Really do want? What kind of eggs? To scrambled eggs? Here's a bowl of scrambled eggs for Super Bowl? Farm? Odd? I mean, I think that kind of like a cook to order kind of thing, like we have an egg station. No, no, no, I'm just kidding. That's the last thing.
Speaker 1: Hard boiled eggs or like deviled eggs, devil eggs would be devil eggs are good, sounds amazing, They're a little party. They tend to smell a little.
Speaker 2: They repeat on you as my mother. No, no, no, no no no. I just mean the the original outcome of oh they smell shell a hard boiled egg, and it's gonna it's gonna fart up the But if.
Speaker 1: You're doing it correctly, you've got to maintain the sulfur release of your egg.
Speaker 2: How do I do that making deviled eggs correctly? Oh well, I'm not in the I'm not not in the business of them. No, no business. I don't like traveling deviled eggs.
Speaker 1: I like deviled eggs that I know, or that like Jacob makes really good deviled eggs, but like we have them at his house, Like I like a devil eggs that have gone on a journey, because I don't know what that journey is all about the temperature of the egg shifting, you know, it makes a mean deviled egg. Huh, Dean Sharp?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah? What if you eat Dean's eggs? He brought him from my house. He brought you deviled eggs. When did you have him over? You don't need to know everything about the Super Bowl? Nosy, I didn't know you guys were just hanging out.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: He came in and just started whispering to the wall for some reason. Oh really, you had him whisper to the home? He did the home say back. It didn't respond, which made him very frustrated. He likes to be communicative, and when he doesn't get a response, he gets pretty upset. Didn't you have doctor Wendy over to whisper to the house. No, but that was a kind of a housewarming party. He did weigh in on your marriage. However, did you wait in on how we raise our children? I think that's what it was. Obviously, we've got the lawn darts and climbing trees and firing bottle rockets at each other. But really that easy bake out it with one.
Speaker 4: Y would fry you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that thing. I remember. My sister's friends always had the easy bake oven. I never we never did they actually work as an oven. It depends on what, yes, when, when the when the pastry is the size of a silver dollar, Yeah, it cook it right up.
Speaker 5: Hey, Gary and Channon. In terms of playing in danger, a neighbor of mine when I was a kid, we lived in rural upstate New York, and there was a he had an electric fence around a pasture in his backyard, and there was a really cool creek there that we would play in, and more than once we got zapped by the electric fence, more than once while we were standing in the water. So boys or morons take care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's that's what boys are going to do. That's what they're supposed to do, sposed to do. That's how we learn sometimes morons.
Speaker 2: Now you grow a pair. I want to smell what that is. On Monday, the l A p D is also going to transfer. That's today the security checkpoints to the c HP and the National Guard. That the whole point of that is so that the LAPD officers are moved. What about if city opens up guard the Palisades area and uh return to some sort of normalcy. A couple of storms rolling through southern California this week. The first storm comes south tomorrow afternoon. It's likely when we'll see some rain. The National Weather Services there is a second colder storm that's expected to arrive Thursday into Friday. You could make vegan chilli. No, it would have been turkey chili. Oh okay, yeah, I love turkey chilling. It's a good one. It's only kind of made. And your husband's not going to be eating the red meats.
Speaker 1: He'll he'll, he'll eat that turkey chili like nobody's business.
Speaker 2: Wait till he gets going. La Lakers have acquired Look at Dunchic now we know from the Dallas Mavericks and it's changed R Anthony Davis and a bunch of no names. This move sends Dunchic to compete right alongside Lebron and what they say are the waiting years of Lebron's Hall of Fame career.
Speaker 1: I guess he cares less about being a ballhog and more about playing with his son and helping him, and.
Speaker 2: It's not certain yet. I mean, we'll see how they go, how they do. Actually, Donchik was talking about he's had a calf injury, has been playing the whole time. I think Christmas time was the last time he played, so he's been out for a while. But he is on the way to returning back to the court. They're saying he originally was planning on coming back after the All Star break, which is next weekend, next next weekend, but there is some speculation he could be back on the court on Sat as early as Saturday.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what his most popular meal is? Luka donchik, don sick, John chick don chick, chicken and rice with vegetables. Also, potato musaka and a flat hamburger were Slovenian cheese.
Speaker 2: Is that why you were asking how he got up to two seventy's six two seventies probably fits, okay.
Speaker 1: The potato musaka was a dish made by his grandmother when he was a child. Oh listen to this, oh man layered cut potatoes, cream, milk and mazzarella cheese to seventy Here I come.
Speaker 3: Potatoes, agrotten hey now sugar Shan, don't be ashamed to quote the movies from the nineties.
Speaker 2: Sugar Shan, you.
Speaker 3: Know you're not twenty anymore. You don't have to worry about that stuff. Brow. You've earned your spot in this world. Thank you, Sugar Shan, Dan what you guys are doing a great job.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks Gary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the reason that I was poking fun at myself for my second or third reference to a nineties movie is because Gary made fun of me when I brought up Groundhog Day. So I was just poking more fun at myself, I would. Hey, Gary and Shan taking back.
Speaker 2: You were taking back the power, the power. You were speaking speaking truth to mister privilege over here. Hey, Gary and Shannon, I have none of that.
Speaker 4: We find eggs at our brick and mortar farmer's market here in Huntington Beach. They always have a big flat of them.
Speaker 2: And they're your eggs.
Speaker 4: Very kindly priced. So listeners, go find a little family run market in your area. I bet you you'll find eggs there.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, gaggs. Where at Huntington Beach renee? Is it down by the pier? Where is it? I need more details, Gary, You guys are talking about eggs. How do you not have chickens? I feel like you would. You should get chickens. They're super easy. Look at backyard chickens. Get yourself, maybe four chickens for you and your wife. You'd have more eggs and you'd know what to do with you know what? All the time that's been all bring over for Super Bowl and I need I need a citrus tree. How quickly can I acquire chickens? Very quickly? But you're not bringing them to my house. I have two reasons. Number one, I have a chicken killing dog. That's one thing.
Speaker 1: You keep them separated. The other thing is, oh I can get some in Van Eyes. Way too many coyotes. They close at six in my neighborhood. But you can't in La County. You can have chickens in your backyard. I'm gonna get you some the wire, the chicken wire that you can put around. We can build a little coup, a coop, ap a coop.
Speaker 2: We could build a government overthrow. And how's the chickens in a government overthrow? You could build a military hunta.
Speaker 1: We can dress them in like old Korean garb before they we staged the coup like in a drama the Chickens like in The Good.
Speaker 2: Is The Good and the Great God. Yeah, last night saw the Grammys and last night we all saw Kanye's wife, Deborah Mark.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting to hear your reaction to this as a fashionista yourself. Was this in the name of Was she pretending that this was the name of fashion? And where does the line? Where's the line drawn when it comes to fashion versus indecent exposure? I thought it was ridiculous and definitely in decent exposure, and I it's not fashionable.
Speaker 2: I think it was just stupid. To be honest with you, Yeah, it was lame. Do you think she's a prisoner? You know, I was listening to you. I would hope that she could say no, right, you know, I would hope.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's Jacob's age and Jacob says no all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jacob. To be clear, Jacob has never shown up on the red carpet at the Grammys and been told by his romantic partner to strip down to No. We don't know that Kanye told her. Maybe she just wanted the attention. Jacob.
Speaker 1: If we asked you to come to work tomorrow in just a Fishnet Onesie, what do you think?
Speaker 2: How much are you paying me? How much would it take? Well, we could talk after the show.
Speaker 1: Like twenty bucks, Nope, they're all park it. Thirty five, nope, one hundred. I'm going to need more than a hundred two hundred, I don't know. Oh, we're on the bubble at two hundred.
Speaker 2: Jacob saw the needle.
Speaker 1: Move Jacob, you need to value yourself more than two hundred dollars a tough.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, this is okay. So Kanye supposedly was led away by the LAPD, which apparently did not happen, although they do run security a lot of the security around Crypto dot Com arena because it's la obviously, but he has he never really had plans to go into the building at all. The idea was that he was just there for the red carpet, just there to make a splash and had his wife do it. What does Kim think? Oh, I couldn't care less about what she thinks? What does Taylor think? You think? But she's got well, I mean Kim's case, she's got kids with this guy. I thought about that this morning.
Speaker 1: And now this is like, this is their seven naked girls I mean, you look at the Kardashians.
Speaker 2: I know that, but I mean, but this is now their stepmom. That's okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think the bar is high with the korum in the Kardashian world.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio LAP