Speaker 1: Tying for rock News on one oh one one dou w JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One O one one doub JRR.
Speaker 3: All right, rock News has brought you by our Offshore Fiasco fishing trip, which went on sale this morning and as of five minutes ago, there are twelve spaces left.
Speaker 2: Ten ten yeah, ten spaces left.
Speaker 1: So if you die hard one to go and you've gone other years, you know it sells out. So WJRR dot com again. Wj r R dot com the main page, you'll see the link right there.
Speaker 3: Or if you want to go to our Facebook page, the link is there as well, right at the top.
Speaker 2: And I say this each year.
Speaker 1: If you know somebody who goes on this fishing trip every year, go ahead and get in touch with them to make sure they got their tickets, because otherwise.
Speaker 2: They might be missing out and that would suck. Hey, give me a second here. I want to find five out the cameras for you. Fire those cameras up.
Speaker 1: I want to remind people about my uh, this Sunday gonna be out and Uh, Johnny's. Johnny's Other Side gonna be partying out there this Sunday. It's j R R Summer of Rock, right, so it's a rock Sunday Funday noon to two. Johnny's Other Side. We're gonna have great prizes to give away tickets to huge I put. I think we have Metalica tickets out there, and you know, Johnny's is always a great time. I love going out there. Hopefully we'll see you Sunday noon to two Johnny's. You get her, I think so?
Speaker 2: Let me Uh, that's how we do it here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I think we are rolling live with Rock News on our brand new, state of the art camera system.
Speaker 1: We just did some behind the scenes radio magic right in front of you. We're like magicians that don't pull the.
Speaker 2: Rabbit out of the hat. You know, Yes, we kind of fail right now.
Speaker 3: And then, obviously, the biggest rock news of the week was the the Billy Joel situation with his health, this brain condition that he has that has caused him to cancel all of his scheduled activities for the rest of this year. In twenty twenty six, this normal pressure hydrocephalus deal brain condition made worse by his recent concert performances leading to problems with hearing, vision and balance. A lot of big shows canceled, so that that came, you know, just as we were going into the holiday weekend. The ladies in Billy's life have been speaking out in support of him. Of course, there's Billy's wife Alexis, his ex wife, Christie Brinkley, and then his daughter with Christy Alex Ray. They've all commented on the diagnosis offering support for the piano man.
Speaker 1: And this is right after we talked about him last week and then having Bobblehead Night for him, Billy Joel Bobblehead.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be having that of the Yankees game ahead of the Yankee Stadium concerts.
Speaker 1: So that's it's gonna make his head hurt more. Just yeah, that's easy from the Bibblehead unfortunate situation.
Speaker 2: Would you stop?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 3: Is my god man, Just Alice Cooper, the original Alice Cooper Band. Bassist Dennis Dunaway joined Alice last Friday in Connecticut for a run through of Schools Out. The Cooper Band will release their first album since nineteen seventy three when Revenge Valice Cooper comes out on July twenty fifth original lineup, So starting to get the band back together. Literally, it's good news. Let's seeing that Alice Cooper.
Speaker 2: Good guy, is what's her name still in there?
Speaker 3: You know, No, it's the original lineup. She wasn't even thought of that, okay.
Speaker 1: Vince Gill, No, No, I knew she wasn't alive back then, but I thought maybe they'd thrower in Nita Strauss because she's, you know, been helping him out with everything.
Speaker 3: Vince Gil admits that the Eagles long run of shows at the Sphere in Vegas is distracting even for the band members. He says he's found himself looking at the visuals. You know, they completely envelop you. I know some of you have been to this Sphere. I've got some family members who've gone, and some friends who's taken in a show there, and they all say the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 3: You're on a completely different level with concert going on when you're at one of these deals. So Vince says he's like, I find myself like looking and getting distracted at something and then forgetting to join in on backing vocal parts, and they're like, look at me, Like Vince looking at.
Speaker 1: The top I would be so you know, you know that place in me because I have friends and family that have gone to I would be so nauseous in that, you know, with like motion sickness and oh God, and my fear.
Speaker 2: Of heights comeby. I might I might have a heart attack in there.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't want that, no urge to go Honestly, if we ever do, like something where we're doing a show from out there or what, I'm kind of sit in the lobby.
Speaker 2: Sure that's seen a couple hours. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Freddie Mercury allegedly fathered a daughter. Well I could just go down to the strip and gamble.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, the late Freddie Mercury of Queen allegedly fathered a daughter. At least that's the claim in a new book, Love Freddy by Leslie Anne Jones. Now, according to the book, the child, identified only as B was accidentally conceived during an affair that he had with a wife of a close friend back in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 2: Well he went both ways. I mean that was in the movie, right.
Speaker 3: But he was anything but an absentee father, having stayed involved in her life until his death in nineteen ninety one. Yes, to answer your question. He even chronicled his life for her in a series of diaries, seventeen in all, which he delivered to her before he died from aides in nineteen ninety one at the age of forty five. Book goes on to say he entrusted his collection of private notebooks to me, his only child and his next of kin, the written record of his private thoughts, memories and feelings everything he had experienced. This, according to be in the interview with a newspaper.
Speaker 1: Is be selling it? How much that has to be worth? The question is is this just all made up?
Speaker 2: Bs?
Speaker 3: Or? I mean he's dead, so there's really you know anyway. She is forty eight years old and works as a mental or medical professional in Europe.
Speaker 1: Now, oh good for her. You know that although doctors there don't make as much, right.
Speaker 2: I can't speak to that. I have no knowledge.
Speaker 1: Because it's that weird medicine, you know. You know what I'm talking about, socialized medicine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sammy Hagar posting yesterday I Memorial Day. He says he has a problem with anyone who doesn't respect the American flag. I have no problem with Sammy thinking that it's me either.
Speaker 1: I salute a flag at least once a day, no less than that. Would I walk in the studio you see me, Pat, Yeah, I salute that flag from all of our military vets that sent it to us.
Speaker 3: It pisses off both of us when you get people who just want to rag on this country, who've lived in this country.
Speaker 2: Which is fine, that's that's part of the deal living here. You have the freedom to death.
Speaker 3: You also have the freedom, if you don't like it, to pack your crap up and get the hell outs.
Speaker 2: I ain't come on, man.
Speaker 1: You go right up north of us, you can go right down south of US, go east or west wherever you want, just not east to Puerto Rico, because that's part of us too, got it. Bud Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iomi and singer Robbie Williams have released a video for their collaboration a Rocket.
Speaker 3: You want to check that out. It's a little bit different on YouTube. And what else do we got here? If you like these themed cruises, Monsters of Rock twenty twenty six cruise has been announced. Five day, five night music charter will sail April twelfth through the seventeenth next year aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines out of Miami. Over thirty artists performing next year, Black Label Society, Night Ranger, The Darkness, Queen Shrike, Yan t Slaughter, Uh Dad, Great White, Lead a Forward, Quiet Riot, Nelson, And it goes on and on and on. Why have you never done one of these?
Speaker 4: Pat To be quite honest with you, Taco, just because I'm asking people because he is a rocker, complete rocker. Yeah, I'm not a huge cruise guy.
Speaker 2: No, I know that.
Speaker 3: I just I get excited going to the cruise, getting on board, and then after about the first day, and I don't care what kind of cruise it is. I'm like, I had enough of this. That's just I don't like being confined to a boat.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I understand, to each his own. How's that going to work out? If we convince management? You know what I'm saying, wink wink.
Speaker 3: Another you get back to me as you continue to work on that project, let me know how it's evolving. I did Snowball's Chance in Helen never or two of the frase is that I recall hearing in regards to that idea of another Taco cruise.
Speaker 2: Come on, I would just say leave well enough alone, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate you guys to get back in trouble out.
Speaker 3: There, although you can always employ your famous line that you like to use about one hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the saying open one hand and yeah that Yeah. Anyway, that's your Rock News R Orlandos Rock Station j R R j R