Speaker 1: Did you guys know that there is this thing that happens to some alligators and they're born without a tail?
Speaker 2: I heard with at with I'll show you're gonna ruin it, except with similar sweet pursuing it tumbled out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 1: Got a habit for my house, a GOP status, Howard starting kid Crattic shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Tune end zone out, crank it up, beat the habit. I won't hang out with the friends.
Speaker 3: Rocking on your radio.
Speaker 1: My boy's business hands talking on the radio.
Speaker 2: It's time to to this one kid, All baby, here we go, Kat steaming up and.
Speaker 4: Hold up on radio.
Speaker 2: Ah. Yes, Happy Thursday, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the world famous I've been in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for joining us today. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine.
Speaker 2: Right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 1: I'm Ben Rodgers, joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two. We met Richardon Texas, Jeff skin Wade, Hello fanm Pride Joy of only Texas Kevin kat Turner. Hello, and from Oatmeal Pizza, the legendary Christina k Ray Little baby corn Bread Ray? See log is it little baby corn bread or a little love bag it?
Speaker 2: Say again?
Speaker 3: Love bag over?
Speaker 1: I think he's saying little hellottle baby. They're a little baby. Wayne the rapper, Little Wayne. Uh, we got a great show planned. I know because I was there for the pre show meeting.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kyrie Irving has a rap song out. Yes, we'll take a listen to that. Tony Romo is talking, Troy aik Met is talking, Stephen Jones is talking. We'll have an audio so we'll get real sportsy in the four o'clock hour. We got the Hollywood Shuffle coming up here momentarily. Updates on the Diddy trial, And would you guys say that just the way to characterize those updates is that they're shocking. I would say that whatever is happening in the Diddy trial will get KT banned from radio. Yeah, Like, it's dangerous to even talk about, right, You can't even think about it. The thought police will shut you down. Like in a corporate setting, even having small talk about it could result in you never working.
Speaker 2: I think that's a whole other thing, though, I think because it's under this like statute of pop culture and current events. So you can talk about disgusting stuff in the office as long as it's under the guise of you just can't. Yeah, it's under the disguise that I'm just talking about the news in the break room.
Speaker 1: You just can't whisper it to a fellow employee of the different sex without them looking while touching her butt, no or his his right nature of the case, someone's making it. They they're big and they're not facing You can't walk up behind him and whisper some of the stuff that Diddy was doing.
Speaker 2: You can, so you can't.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you can't whisper what Diddy's doing. But you can grab their ass and go.
Speaker 2: You followed that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can do that. You can, then it's it's under the disguised news that I saw. These are the things you can't do.
Speaker 5: We're in radio.
Speaker 2: We talk about current events in the news, all right.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about something before we get going here right off the rip, and that is online gangsters. People who bow up online for no reason about wangsters, show man. I find it so shocking, like every once in a while, idiot, we'll meet somebody who we've interacted with online and in person they're so amazingly timid, like they can't even make eye contact with you, and they're staring at their feet and they're mumbling they have no confidence. But online, boy, they are a hammer. And that's when you grab their ass and tell them the details of the Diddy trial. I just don't understand the online warrior. And so my wife works for this charity and it's a charity that helps people that are struggling with unexpected you know, financial chaos, and it kind of helps them learn how to get their financial life back in order. And you know, it's people who you know, have kiddos and there suddenly find themselves struggling and they can't buy groceries or something like that, and they not only help them in that moment, but then they help them along their way and give them financial guidance and like teach them how to catch fish as opposed to just giving them a fish.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a really cool charity that she's involved in. And they stumbled across somebody who was a school teacher who's a current school teacher here in the Metroplex, and the teacher had just reached out to the charity and had said something like, Hey, we're looking to I need to get a new refrigerator. Our refrigerator broke. Single mom, three kids, teacher and and she had been since the refrigerator was broken. They were using a an ice chest to just keep all their stuff in and then it was hard to maintain. And she was just like, hey, if you guys could just you know, because that's what the charity does. They're there for people to reach out and see if they can help in their times of crisis. And so my wife had posted about it on social media and said, hey, there's a teacher in our community.
Speaker 2: This is the hardship Da da and we just want to.
Speaker 1: See if anybody's interested in donating to this, and we're gonna we're gonna go buy a refrigerator and have it delivered and da da dah, and some guy just started killing him on there, just going well, how did the teacher get in that situation? Like what I don't understand, Like, how do you get in a situation where you don't have a working refrigerator in can do we know the track record of this teacher. Do we know the history of this teacher? Does anybody know of the teachers using drugs?
Speaker 6: Like it was all out and.
Speaker 1: My wife's like, I don't do I She responded a couple of times, like, don't respond, not engage with people like that. I've actually gone back to blocking people.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the main reason I used to not block people is because Twitter was different. Twitter you could actually go back and forth, you know. Now it's just such, it's gone through changes to make it worse. I'm like, there's really no downside to blocking because there's no discourse anymore. Yeah, it's also one sided. Just you know, I'll just I just remove it from my feed. And I don't even really use Twitter near as much as I used to, So if I just see one little thing, I just block and move on because it's the format has changed, the process has changed. But I'm convinced that we're the state of the world now and the evolution of social media, that they're really unless you know that person and know a little bit about them and have had some exchanges with them before, there's no benefit in going back and forth anymore on anything. No, there's no bene do.
Speaker 2: You guys have a policy for to mute, but don't really do that anymore. Yeah, so it's just it's different now. I just don't really. Yeah, I'm just honored as much.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, god, that's a blessing. That's a huge blessing.
Speaker 2: I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it's I understand that perspective, and I don't disagree that, but I do think it's sad that what Twitter used to be, which I liked, I even liked, you know, disagreeing with people, that's gone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that world is so gone.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know where it comes back, but I do, and I miss some of that stuff that used to be really fun.
Speaker 7: But yeah, now everyone has to find at least one negative thing to say about. Like it could be anything like just a puppy going down a slide. Someone will say, Oh, I can't believe you, as a dog owner would let your dog.
Speaker 6: Go down like that, right, like just.
Speaker 2: Wonder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's NonStop anyways. Well I hope I hope a cat is unfazed because she's doing good work there. Yeah, she's working for a great cause and they're they're helping people. And I think it is great. I told her just to absolutely ignore it with that teacher though, Yeah, yeah, we'll find out. We'll get to the bucket on the show, all right, coming up in just over three minutes. We're you gonna take us in things. Skin is tracking, all right. I saw a cool story today about something that the Mavericks are dealing with, and it's gonna lead to a bigger discussion about what is cool about the DFW ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: The egle.
Speaker 1: You know, we got mud Vein tickets to give away, and we like to give away with the iHeart at there's a talkback feature. The first person to use the talkback feature and leave their name, their number, and their email address and the answer to this question, which member of the show has a husband or spouse that works at a charity that was trying to help a teacher get a new refrigerator. We were just talking about like five minutes ago. If you're listening, you heard it, and you're gonna be the first person to win those mud Vein tickets. They're coming in the fall. I believe that show is at the bomb Factory, right it is, okay, yep, So you can win tickets to that use the talkback feature and you will be good to go. This segment is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works. Tonight, Ben and I are gonna be into building at Rollertown as I am hosting yacht Rock Trivin. You get signed up at six point thirty. We start sharp at seven o'clock. There's three rounds. I play music, you name the artist, you name the song, and there's a trivia question. We get a massive point total and then there's like a final jeopardy thing at the end. And I have timed this out to end right as Stars Playoff hockey begins, So we go right from yacht Rock Trivia starting at seven right into Game five Stars Winnipeg, and then we will have Jazzy's Tacos in the house. So good, so good, Big Lou Mitchellattas, So if you love Mitchellatta's, you can get like right now, we got our Mexican logger back in. You could pour that into Big Lous Mitchellattas. And then on top of that, we have our Summer Breeze, a new Breezy cocktail for you, Summer Shandy's. Tonight's gonna be amazing. Yeah, and we need you man all local businesses need support. We're way up in the Northern Burbs and trying to chase a dream up there. We greatly appreciate anybody who comes and hangs out with us tonight. Yeah, yacht Rock weekend, all weekend long. They're gonna have a DJ tomorrow night, Luke Sail from your Records, but tonight yacht Rock Trivia. Join me and Ben will be there as soon as the show is over, and we'll have a big Playoff watching party as well. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 2: This another edition of things is all right?
Speaker 1: Did you guys see the article this morning that things are so good for the Mavericks in the last three days that they're looking for new, bigger places to host their draft party.
Speaker 2: Good for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything's changed, everything's changed, And just coincidentally, this was already planned. They have their season ticket pick a Seat night where you go to the American Airline Center and you pick seats. So since the I may I don't have the numbers in front of me. I may have it wrong, But since two Monday Night happened, sales for season tickets have gone through the roof. Let's go now there's a wait list. Ah love it also corporate sponsorship opportunities through the roof. Let's go like it's happened in three days. The interest is there. Why wouldn't it be. Now you've got, you know, this iconic phenom. Who you're gonna get the number one pick in a year where it's undisputed who the number one pick is. I mean, it's a big deal. Our buddy Kirk Anderson over at MAVs Moneyball had a draft expert on and he was talking about basically Cooper Flag and just talking about him being the kind of person that you build your entire defense around. Now, Cooper Flag is basically he's six' eight, barefoot And i'm sitting here, Going, god this sounds Like. Draymond Like draymond is the shortest Person i've ever seen a team build their entire defense. Around and it's. Amazing what do you mean they build? Around how do they Build he's the smartest defensive. Player all of their rotations are based on What draymond is, doing what he's, sealing and where he's sending people because he Is he's not a seven foot guy blocking, shots but he's just such a unique defensive. Presence he orchestrates everything they're talking. About Cooper flag is that kind of a defensive? Mind were you saying that When kai is, out do you see him initiating offense and being used in that. Way that's WHAT i started to think is going to happen because of the Way Jason kidd Utilized. Giannis Jason kidd is the guy who Turned yannis into a point guard and point, forward whatever you want to call. Him and SO i kind of put that out, there AND i was, LIKE i don't know what's going to. Happen i'n't talking him out over, there BUT i do Know jason kids. BACKGROUND i do know that he chose to Play Nausey marshall at point guard instead of having certain point. Guards And i'm, like if you did Start Cooper, flag And i'm not saying he's a full time point guard, now it's a huge. Responsibility BUT i do think that you can run the offense through him and other people simultaneously Until kai comes. Back When kai comes, Back kay is your point guard and then he becomes a secondary, distributor, Right BUT i think he can get you through by playing him in the back court and PLAYING. Pj Washington junior. Too but there are several reports that they're looking for a point. Guard and if you go and you look at some veterans that you know could be, available you, KNOW i, MEAN i think they will add a point. Guard you have to predict their starting lineup right now for the first, game and then who's the sixth man starting? FIVE i predicted it's going to Be Derek, Lively Anthony, DAVIS Pj, Washington Cooper flag And Klay. Thompson what that's WHAT i think their starting lineup is going to be in the First oh my. God THAT i also think something else will. Happen that'll, Okay, wow that is. Exciting all, Right coming up next in The Hollywood, shuffle we got updates on The diddy. Trial you're gonna stick around and hear, that but right now it's time for this juicy.
Speaker 2: News hot gods stay out top in the. Witchho, Okay so The didty trial began On, monday and it's gotten pretty heated over the last forty eight hours because his girlfriend for many of those, Years Cassandra, ventura known As, cassie has she's got to be off the stand By. Friday she is eight plus months. Pregnant oh my, God so they're hitting some big stuff on day three and four of the. Trial yesterday was more of a day for you, know her. Team today It's ditty's lawyers kind of pushing back on. Things so it's been it's.
Speaker 1: Been a lot Has Did ditty's team show the footage out in the elevator.
Speaker 2: LOBBY i think that's all a part of everything we'll have seen. THAT i don't think they have to see it. Again they're going through old, now we're going through all her old text. Messages it was like pretty damning.
Speaker 7: Evidence, yeah they keep reshowing, that like there's A tv in, here and they showed it.
Speaker 6: YESTERDAY i am, like, dude that's really bad to.
Speaker 2: Show so we got a lot of details of what happened at The. FREAKOFFS i got to, say there are two, funny two funny things that came, out and it's that the names of two metal escorts that were hired for these and they just go By greg And. Dave that WAS i don't know why that was funny to, me but it. Was it's. Awful the details are. Terrible the stuff she went through is. Terrible but today she's now you, know they're finding text messages of her kind of going along with. It you know what she has kind of, Said, LOOK i was excited to be with. HIM i loved, him SO i was in on. IT i liked not in on, it but LIKE i liked going to the freakoffs in the early. Stage now is their relationship got a little fractured and then you, know start kind of hooking up with the other people and things like. That his jealousy was a big, problem and that's kind of a common theme we're, saying is he was the one to act out in anger because he would get. Jealous although there were times he would ask her to hook up with another guy while he watched and sat on the, side because.
Speaker 1: He was in control of those.
Speaker 2: Situations and keep in, mind in all of these, situations they're messed, up they're on, opiates and they're drugged out of their. Mind that's why she's kind of, LIKE i don't remember a lot of.
Speaker 1: This and covered in baby. Oil covered in baby.
Speaker 2: Oil what she did say like almost to like go at a conspiracy theory on the. Internet she's, like there were no drugs in the baby, oil so let's go ahead and get that out of the way. Here, yeah we didn't put anything in the Baby. Oil the details are. AWFUL i don't think we need to talk about. That, NO.
Speaker 6: I don't think we can talk about.
Speaker 1: It, yeah it's pretty. Shocking, hit it's pretty shocking.
Speaker 2: Stuff there's a situation where he got really mad that she started Dating Kid. Cutty MICHAEL. B jordan has been thrown into the fire. Today did he got upset that she started hanging out with him when she was on some movie in twenty?
Speaker 1: Fifteen you guys know the whole thing About Kid cutty's car blowing up and all, That, no that was. Crazy, yeah did he tried to Have kid cut he?
Speaker 2: Killed oh my oh? God And kid cut he knew it and his car blew, Up oh my, god because she told. Him, yeah she told Kid. Cutt she had a burner phone to communicate With Kid. Cutty it's just. BAD i don't, know, Man it's everything we kind of, thought BUT i also kind.
Speaker 6: Of worse than we. Thought, uh it was all pretty.
Speaker 1: Terrible but it's like it's just just extra. Shocking, well this is what this is.
Speaker 2: The hard part of here on This, yeah we think we know all this, stuff but like, again and the way the justice system works, here we need concrete evidence and some of these things that he is being charged if we're, RACKETEERING i don't know that we have evidence of that. Yet trial's gonna go. On this is gonna be a long. TRIAL i don't think this is gonna be done in two. Weeks like, Right there's a lot that's gonna play. Out but those are the things that are like things that could put him away for the rest of his.
Speaker 1: Life And i'm not sure that we're gonna get that he's for sure going away for the rest of his, life, right not, necessarily really he's for sure going. Away but To kat's, point there's certain things that are easier to prove than, others you, Know.
Speaker 2: And that's why she's HAD i imagine the most stressful forty eight hours of her life up, here just answering questions about text message text message is that she sent in two thousand and, eight you know about and that makes her look like she is a willing participant in these freak offs when she's really just his.
Speaker 6: Girlfriend isn't that like too much stress when you're eight months preying?
Speaker 2: ITTYA i think it's kind of, crazy, yeah that they're doing, this, yeah this, week but that's just said she's got to be able to stand by the end of the. Week so there's your. Updates Jennifer lopez had a facial. Injury, oh kind of fell down wearing a. Patch she's, fine all.
Speaker 1: Right coming up next, Time World NEWS kt tells us why to never travel. Overseas that's coming up in just over three. Minutes before we get, THERE i want to talk about let's pause and bow our heads.
Speaker 6: For jennifer's face before we get.
Speaker 2: There yep.
Speaker 1: Uh we're Got cowboys chars that's. Coming, yeah that's a really good.
Speaker 2: Tease.
Speaker 1: Man we Got kyrie as a rap. Song there's some world and some world news coming up in like fifteen. Minutes we're gonna do a Little cowboys. Kerosene there's a lot to get into with The Dallas. Cowboys we got some goods for. You but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: World.
Speaker 2: News world, news world, news world, news world, news.
Speaker 8: World.
Speaker 2: News that was good, Man world, news. Okay Jared shaw is a thirty four year old dude From. Dallas but he plays for An indonesian basketball, league or SHOULD i say, played he has been.
Speaker 1: BANNED i THINK i could make An indonesian basketball.
Speaker 2: LEAGUE i like. That let's give that a.
Speaker 1: SHOT i haven't played in ten years here cardio and not hold. Up, WELL i just takes the. STAIRS i COULD i could be a six, man, yeah and just play short. Stints, yep come, in bury a bucket, immediately tab. Out that's not a useful sixth. Man that's a ninth. Man depends on the. Scenario six man needs to get heavy. Minutes i'm the first guy off the bench AND i drained three and THEN i take a. Breather WHENEVER i hear the Word, indonesia what rap lyric do you THINK i think of coming out smelling Like? Indonesia, OKAY i don't know why every.
Speaker 2: Time so this guy got arrested last. Week police rated at his. Apartment they found one hundred and thirty two pieces of cannabis candies.
Speaker 5: Yum.
Speaker 2: So the airport there In indonesia got a tip that he had received a suspicious package From. Thailand In indonesia does not do well with. Drugs in, fact he faces up to life sentence or the death. BUILTY i found. Guilty and they have done the firing squad thing, too which we've talked about the other day In South.
Speaker 1: Carolina so they're trying not to have any drugs ever in their country.
Speaker 2: Pretty much pretty. Much, now he had eight hundred and sixty nine. GRAMS i don't know how much that would mean or what that would do to. You how many eight hundred and sixty nine. Grams that's a lot of. Grams, yeah that's one hundred and thirty two. Candies, though like it was he getting in for his entire, stay he, said actually he said that he was like gonna try to get some to some of the players in the, league say, league at the club his team got they fired. Him he was just trying to get him Some he's just trying to get him some, edibles and they fired, him and then the league banned and literally he could die for.
Speaker 6: This he's distributing. Drugs, technically he could die for.
Speaker 1: This BUT i do think this is the kind of. Thing this is the reason you have an. Embassy, okay you know What i'm. Saying in other, words step, in they'll just step in and they'll be, like, look charge, him don't do it for, life definitely don't kill. Him and then they're, like what's in it for? Me and they're, Like trump will give you the plane That cutter's given him and you can have that.
Speaker 2: Plane SO.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i, mean this guy's got to be the dumbest person in the world to go to a country that you know has a firing squad for people who have drugs and then have enough drugs to deal.
Speaker 2: DRUGS i, think like.
Speaker 1: Too he may not have known all the, details BUT i do know that if you're going over, there you're, told, dude don't have. Drugs he's been playing there since twenty twenty, two so he said three years to get. Acclimated, yeah, okay there's no excuse you not see.
Speaker 6: The britney grinder thing, like don't we know, now cripple.
Speaker 2: Check this is WHY i stay. Here just stay, here like you're not familiar with the laws in other.
Speaker 1: Places, yeah this is to save vacation. Money just show this to your. Wife i'll do the same. Thing show it to kat, say, hey, like this is why we're not going. Anywhere, yeah my daughter wants to go overseas And i'm without us brother cheaper to fly overseas than find somewhere In. America, NO i, know but my daughter's only like five years. Old, yeah she's older than. THAT i, MEAN i treat her like an. Adult until she says she wants to go. Overseas i'm, LIKE i think you're way too. Young you want her To, Okay so now and finally you're ready to Watch. Taken, oh you're.
Speaker 2: Finally ready To, okay you're finally. Ready and here's what's gonna. HAPPEN i ready for her to Watch good, luck.
Speaker 1: Honey have you ever heard of scared? Straight? Uh, So i'm getting ready to go To turks And. Caicos. Hell, yeah danger is that it's gotten more dangerous over.
Speaker 2: You guys. Screwed last TIME i went on a big family.
Speaker 1: Vacation you guys did stories about helicopter crashes Where i'm, going ants being blowing, fire ants blowing onto people on the. Beach it's no. Dude turk And cacos is. AMAZING i just wouldn't go there, now.
Speaker 2: All, right coming up Next Cowboys. Kerosene let's get to the Latest cowboys news right here on The. Eagle, JWBOARDS i Do.
Speaker 5: Cowboys there we go.
Speaker 2: Some production value in that. Thing this is What jerry wanted More Alexis. TEXAS i think she's doing the halftime show At thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Too you know she's got that beautiful. Mother i'll be there for.
Speaker 2: It you may not want.
Speaker 1: To what are you talking?
Speaker 2: About you think she's gone? Downhill? Yeah OH i.
Speaker 1: DISAGREE i think that thing will hold up. Forever what do you?
Speaker 2: Mean what have you?
Speaker 1: SEEN tmz and it was hold. On let let's go ahead right now a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Ago, What i'm just crawling around some other gal who's embroiled in some gossip Around Honor, Alexis texas twenty twenty. Five oh, yeah that's not gonna. Do don't search that at. Work i'm not on The oh, Yeah i'm on the. Wife let me Get you're gonna get flagged and we're all gonna get flagged.
Speaker 1: Things that came up or, Blurry so that's probably not. Good, Dude i'm. Blurring, okay it's a good.
Speaker 2: Joke thank. You we's go. Chronologically before THE nfl schedule, Release Troy aikman And Joe buck OF Espn Monday Night Football fame are on THE nfl promotional. Tour so they're Doing Good Morning, america which you Know Michael strahan. Host so it's a bunch of football guys and they're just trying to fill out a. Segment we got ten seconds left to win The Super. Bowl i'm gonna, Say buffalo finally wins. It, Oh, cowboys come, On. Troy there's not an ounce Of troy's. Heart, no that believes the cow with The Super. Bowl you heard what he's been saying for the last few. Years he's being very honest about.
Speaker 1: IT i also think he thinks that pigging the Super bowl winner In may is tom, foolery and he doesn't engage in that sort of stuff, Anyway So i'll lean in on your. BIT i think he thinks there's no chance in hell The cowboys win at all. THIS i do think this is their. Year, yep every year.
Speaker 2: IS i think it sucks That troy And joe are On Monday night football. Now it just doesn't feel right that we kind of have some dufuss doing the games On. Sundays But troy And joe are a great example of you can take a big contract and mail it. In Good god are they? Dude, Absolutely And i'm sure they personally would take offense to.
Speaker 1: THAT i was gonna, SAY i don't think there's a single thing troy business life that is mailed.
Speaker 2: In do you Think troy mails it?
Speaker 3: In?
Speaker 9: No not at.
Speaker 2: All let me let me clear that, up BECAUSE i don't think the mailing in the, process but like just the joking and sarcasm of we're doing a football. Game they do not take the job as seriously as they did when they were At. FOX i don't. KNOW i don't agree with this point at. ALL i THINK i don't understand WHAT.
Speaker 1: I would like you to want to take to ruin the. Economy, no, no, no that's such a great. QUOTE i want you to go through and pull ten examples of what you're talking.
Speaker 2: About that right.
Speaker 1: There, yeah that's not a football broadcast if you're going to attack our, guy the godfather to my middle, Child joe Bu Troy. Aikman, Nope, TROY i want you to bring proof on these because he's it's not going to get back To troy on The Kevin Turner, show it's gonna Go, hey the Bennett' Skins show was saying you mail it.
Speaker 2: In, no this is not what this is. True not what this.
Speaker 1: Is this is everyone saying the lottery was rigged and then you, Go, okay prove it please you saw.
Speaker 2: It, yeah no, know tell me explain to me how it. Happens Yeack, Kevin, well you got to give me more time than. THAT i told, you, yeah go fetch ten.
Speaker 1: Examples you had to be, disrespectful but oh, yeah get your. Email there's an example right. There it looks Like i've been let.
Speaker 2: Go the economy crashes. Apparent streikman was flying in the jet With, bob And bob heard it and they just cut and pasted from the original email for nearly the second time in a calendar. Year artist put my crap in a. Box, Okay George, pickens, Yep Tony romo was playing golf. Yesterday imagine. That and here's what he. Said that's a big.
Speaker 1: Trade having him AND cd together is a game.
Speaker 10: Changer and if you remember when they had A marii earlier And Cede lamb, together it makes it very difficult to focus on one player when you have, two you, know kind of superstars out. There AND i feel like when you have two guys like, that it just opens up the offense quite a. Bit SO i think The cowboys did a great job this. Offseason kudos to The jones's and what they, did because they needed to make up grond on the rest of the division and they.
Speaker 2: DID i like That he called him an almost. Superstar, YEAH i liked it as soon as he.
Speaker 1: Did you, guys hear the clip after that when he, goes, now watch me smoke this.
Speaker 2: Dry if he had.
Speaker 1: Called him a, superstar it would have been hyper. Bullock yeah, right, yeah he's likely so he is not a Super he's. Close the headline would have Been Tony romo Calls pickin's a.
Speaker 2: Superstar he might be one level of in maturity and a good quarterback away from being a, superstar, right BUT i have to be hard to be a superstar on, offense Where Ceede lamb will get one hundred and fifty targets.
Speaker 1: Right, Now he's somewhere Between Jerry rice and, antonio'bryant.
Speaker 2: Somewhere in, there somewhere between those two guys And steven standing. Outside here's what happened.
Speaker 11: There and as we did more and more, homework didn't know if we were going to get a receiver high or, not but he certainly couldnsidering. It and then after the draft was, over you, know we had several options on the table and really dug in even more in terms of what to understand what each player could bring to the. Table and we Thought george was the right answer and decided to move.
Speaker 2: Quick lambulder pull the. Trigger they have to go four and two or five and one in their first six. GAMES i was thinking the same. Thing they don't do. THAT i think they're in. Trouble they have a gauntlet a dam. There well hold, ON i.
Speaker 1: Did have that exact same reaction looking their. Schedule BUT i would also like to say that every year we say this and then you get into the new football season and three of the teams you thought were going to be good.
Speaker 2: Suck they do get. Hurt it's just the way it goes in. Football. Man But, Lions eagles And chiefs back to back to.
Speaker 1: Back, Right lions will be eight and nine this. Year that was some good cowboy kerosene and coming up in just three minutes after we Google Alexis texas twenty twenty five to see how she's, looking.
Speaker 2: We'll go back around the.
Speaker 1: Sports this time It's Kyrie irving who will discuss he has a. Song we'll listen to it. Next, man is that was that a microphone?
Speaker 2: FART i think so it.
Speaker 1: Happens you, know we have a huge five o'clock hour Including i'm very excited about This hamburger conversation we're gonna have at five oh. Four are we gonna be talking about your favorite burger in? Town Mister? Crown fine, now but right now it's time for.
Speaker 2: This now that's cool around the, sports K tuque says all the Sports ye damn, Straight, hey, Guys stars playing, tonight it's clinch. Night, Okay so after, that like you, said after trivia tonight At, Rollertown, Yep stars, time it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be happening at the. Brewery we're gonna do yacht rock trivia at, seven take a date thirty and go right Into Stars.
Speaker 2: Hockey it's gonna be A Dallas, Stars go get. It Kyrie irving released a video today involving him apparently at a doctor's. Office it's gonna be a training facility doing lots of, things AND i would like to play some audio of. That, okay are you?
Speaker 5: READY i?
Speaker 2: Am are you? READY i? Am who's?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 2: RIGHT i?
Speaker 9: Am i'm sired of being stuck up in this, matrix running, up being different, places so many, faces too many.
Speaker 2: Faces i'm going through without the.
Speaker 9: TRUTH i let a lot of time pass without my.
Speaker 1: Truth my turn to struggles with for six.
Speaker 2: And doll stuck on this. ROW i try to they get.
Speaker 9: Home they trying to take my heart for. Nothing oh trauma around my, name always talking about SOMETHING i been for freedom and THEN i pray for. Healing i'm side of hearing about people killing all these children and stuff being doing, this And jesus was, Alive moses lived and me my.
Speaker 2: Name is, HEY i was born in the.
Speaker 9: Tribe telling this story is not. Yours but it's time leaving that feet my squad in that the winter's. Tables what a that could cout this billion? Dollars dreams started in my. Backyard it's, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that him on soprano? SAXOPHONE i think?
Speaker 2: So, yeah he just my doctor's. Office uh not all he had the good studio set up at the toucher's. Office older actually had him in a canoe. Playing is that?
Speaker 1: Right some of THE i, know some of the low t centers have recording studios and now because they're so. Convenient all, Right so athletes, rapping not a lot of them are. Good he's good if you had Told, OKAY i knew who it, was but BECAUSE i was. Told but WHEN i first heard, it there was a specific rapper THAT i thought it Was is there a guy that he reminded you?
Speaker 2: Of Dwight.
Speaker 1: Yoakum now that's not a good. Rapper he can, rap. UH I i'll tell you WHAT i. DIT i thought he sounded a lot like. J, cole AND i think his flow sounds Like. Cole AND i think his vocal tamber sounds Like.
Speaker 2: Cole uh. Huh it's.
Speaker 1: Tamber It's it's a word that is used to describe the tonal quality of an. Instrument it's like a drum that you bang on your hip and it's got cymbals on it and.
Speaker 2: It's just for St it's.
Speaker 1: Short, Yeah so it describes the the sound quality of a, sound like the tonal quality of the sound.
Speaker 2: In the video you see stitches because of. Surgery.
Speaker 1: YEAH i thought that was like a, dog a pet. Dog, yeah your's, stitches.
Speaker 2: Dude he's a bad name for a.
Speaker 1: Dog it could have probably been, terrible AND i still would have loved it BECAUSE i love the guy LIKE i love watching him play the game of. Basketball it's one of the most beautiful Things i've seen in. Athletics just it's a damn love letter to the game of basketball or. Poetry every time he plays it's freaking. Gorgeous gotta be the most skillful Athlete i've ever watched do. Anything he's just incredible AND i love listening to him. SPEAK i love listening to him. Talk he's he's got a lot of. Wisdom he's been through a hell of a. LOT i think he's a great. LEADER i just love the. Guy so it could have been trash AND i probably still would have loved.
Speaker 2: It have you had it?
Speaker 1: Seen have you ever seen J?
Speaker 8: Cole?
Speaker 2: Hoo he can dunk? Right? Ad he pretty?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 1: YEAH i think he was a walk.
Speaker 2: On At Saint.
Speaker 1: JOHN'S i don't think he was a scholarship, guy But i've seen him, play and so it begs the, question Is kyrie better rapper or J cole a better basketball?
Speaker 2: Player? Two, one? Four guys, elsewhere do y'all know that The rangers have won five in a. Row, yes they're, back go, Back they're finally listening to a hitting.
Speaker 1: Coach we're all.
Speaker 6: Back everyone's.
Speaker 2: Winning is this?
Speaker 1: Crazy don't you win when you Play?
Speaker 2: Colorado though you're supposed to if you lose to. Them they are seven and thirty, five, right they're. Terrible but it's the four game set with The astros tonight and Now graham on the. Mound that's. It you know, what, guys that's An Al west Clash and, like, guys let's be honest. Here what everyone's talking about N dfw is THE Pga. Championship did y'all know the significance of this week's golf tournament the second major of the.
Speaker 1: Year, yeah it's the second major of the. Year tiger's in.
Speaker 2: It If Jordan speith, wins he gets the Career Grand, slam, oh which would dunk On.
Speaker 1: Rory and that would be incredible BECAUSE i don't know that he's favored to make the.
Speaker 2: Cut he's not. Often if he wins THE Pga championship after most people think he might not make the, CUT i think we have a real story on our. Hands we're also seeing that there's some. Playoffs let's go all, right thank You kevin for all. That that was some good. Sports give me that moves. Quickie kind of a weird one. Here Michael dwarte is a sportswriter In Los. ANGELES i don't know if you guys have heard Of Michael. Duarte, uh he's worked FOR. Nbc i've seen his, Name LIKE i was On twitter or a retire or. Two JUST i think he covered The dodgers and do some stuff for The. Rams, whatever that doesn't. Matter point is he is out of. Town he gets back to his house and he noticed someone's been in my. House and we'll let the news handle it from here.
Speaker 4: On The eagle police arrested a man In Echo park after he was found asleep and naked in a bed that was not his. Own and now the man who lives there is speaking out about encountering that intruder in his.
Speaker 12: House AS i stuck the key AND i could see the entire kitchen had.
Speaker 7: Been, Ransacked michael made his way to the front, door looked through the window into his bedroom and saw him man sleeping in his.
Speaker 3: Bed completely, naked sleeping in my.
Speaker 4: Bed when officers, arrived they arrested the.
Speaker 2: Man got him, dressed and hauled him off to.
Speaker 12: Jail he was yelling to me and my friend and also the, Officers i'm going to kill.
Speaker 3: You i'm gonna kill.
Speaker 6: You michael thought that was the end of his wild, night but then he walked into his.
Speaker 3: House he ate a box of ice cream. SANDWICHES i want to hear.
Speaker 2: What he'll see you very funny Because michael just told everyone that he has had some ice cream sandwiches in his. Freezer you've been enjoying, those.
Speaker 1: Yep Old, bob The Three Little bears or what it was.
Speaker 2: Eating the porridge or.
Speaker 1: Something don't you assume too that he ate the ice cream sandwiches? Naked, yes this guy is so full of rage that he wants to murder a, guy but he's willing to eat all of his ice cream sandwiches and then go to sleep in his, bed.
Speaker 2: Beautifuls he ate.
Speaker 12: A box of ice cream, Sandwiches he ate dull, whip whole box Of beyond beef burgers he stuck in the, microwave cooked them and then ate.
Speaker 6: Them And michael's stash of chewing, gum AND i had.
Speaker 3: A fresh pack with sixty inside.
Speaker 12: Unopened he opened it, up chewed all of them and then spit a big water down about this big size of, sockball like.
Speaker 3: On my kitchen table on the back.
Speaker 2: Patio michael.
Speaker 4: Says the intruder used a statue to Kill apossa And michael a little.
Speaker 2: Wow how if there's security that this guy's a, hero this is. Amazing, god it's not quite as, dark but it's the second best news Report i've ever heard since that guy the soccer ball that was kicked fourteen. TIMES i find out that it was A Roberty lee. Statue so the gum is funny, too, Right, yeah sixty. PIECES i can't tell the whole water of gums the insane or.
Speaker 7: Funny it's funny just imagining him sitting there and just you, know. Costily, yeah the guy walked in during, that oh while. Neked, yeah is?
Speaker 1: Uh and that is a shame About duarte's pet possum getting murdered by a. Statue, yeah that's.
Speaker 6: Terrible And michael's stash of chewing, gum AND i.
Speaker 3: Had a fresh pack with sixty inside.
Speaker 12: Unopened he opened it, up chewed all of, them and then spit a big water of gum about this, big the size of a, softball like on my kitchen table on the back.
Speaker 2: Patio michael says the intruder used a statue to kill a possum little bags of what appeared to be, drugs some.
Speaker 3: Sort of white crystal rocky.
Speaker 2: Substance, right, yeah just, spectacular, man get over, here possum.
Speaker 1: Golley, okay so what a fun time that would be, Scared LIKE i wouldn't be scared to live there as long as that guy was in. Prison but once that guy's, out yeah's coming, BACK i could kill.
Speaker 12: You.
Speaker 2: Right the THOUGHT i edited the clip down a little. Bit the thought is that it is a homeless, guy and they've been seeing a lot of homeless guys in that area. Lately and he had, said, like we've been, seeing, uh these homeless people are kind of like coming close to houses and stuff, like so it's not uncommon to see them getting closer to the, neighborhood which we do have a huge homeless. Problem of. Course well that's because we've been killing all the. Forests i'm wondering if the uh, oh the wildfires were doing that In. California, Yeah i'm wondering if that if that was the order of operations of the? Meal did you did you go for the?
Speaker 1: Id and he's doing microwavable pre cooked burgers right and beyond meat, burgers what's? THAT i would also, SAY i think this guy is the kind of guy that goes dessert. First could be you know What i'm, Saying if you're gonna be naked in a guy's, bed you probably have dessert before you have your main.
Speaker 6: Course definitely the gum after, all, right.
Speaker 1: If he had showed up and gotten home during, that would he have been? KILLED i mean the guy's probably. Not he might have been bludgeoned with a.
Speaker 2: Statue, yeah that's, true especially if he came in dressed as a. Possum he has a sports. Rider all he has to defend himself with is a. Pencil that's. True doesn't have anything to did he try to cook the? Possum there's so many. Questions, ye story. Tomorrow that's a news quickie if you. Like it's about five men who are claiming they were sexually assaulted at a massage.
Speaker 1: Parlor oh, Oh i'd love to hear. That by the, way see if you can book the guy killed the? Possum, yeah or the homeless. Guy the homeless guy, yeah or the. WRITER i think the.
Speaker 2: Writer either.
Speaker 1: Writer i'd love to hear about The.
Speaker 2: Dodgers. Now this segment right hers brought to you By.
Speaker 1: Andrews American Pizza kitchen voted best pizzeria in all OF dfw by readers of The Dallas Morning. News there's only one, location and it's In, Plano. Texas it's At preston And Plano. Parkway it is, Delicious, obviously readers of the DM n said it's the best in. Town if you're a true, foodie go find out why everyone's raving About Andrew's American Pizza kitchen And. Plano all, right here's what's coming up before we get out of here. Today we're gonna take it all the way to six. O'clock skin's gonna take a yacht rock. Quiz, dude it's hard to Stump. Skin he loves yacht rock. Too he's gonna take a. Quiz let's see we can stump him in the big finish in the Suck. Zone john, mulaney we have a fight update from. Him he's wanting to fight three teenage boys. Simultaneously. Well at five point fifteen in the Weekly Weekday, update five of the fastest growing cities in THE us are right here IN. Dfw can you guess which ones they? Are but right, now it's step for.
Speaker 2: This it's. TIME i love doing food news in the five o'clock. Hour win's kind of getting hungry a little. Bit everyone's had a, good hard work week this. Week you CAN i feel you all driving home from work right now and You're i'm. HUNGRY i think that's.
Speaker 1: PRESUMPTIVE i think a lot of people work from home and never took sweats.
Speaker 2: Off what AM i going to have? Tonight there's a good article in The Dallas Morning news from our Friend Sarah. Blaskovic she's the senior food, reporter but doesn't mean she's a. Senior she looks way younger than sixty.
Speaker 13: Five.
Speaker 2: Exactly been saying it all the. Time. Uh and her article is headline five favorite classic burger joints In Dallas Fort. Worth we lack him, greasy cheesy and cook just. Right all, Right, LOOK i was telling you. This it's not a classic yet because it's New. Burger schmurger's number one burger in. Town i'll fight anyone who wants to come at. Me i'll fight.
Speaker 1: YOU i think easy sliders the. Best now does a slide is a? Slider does it count within the same? Category it is a baby. Burger that is a really tough, question AND i totally feel like rational bill about. It, okay, well what if you were talking about the greatest taco? Joints and by the, way why doesn't someone do this come up with slider? Tacos they do any. Tacos they have, Them, no, no no at. Uh AND i actually was going to bring this up as an. Example At haywire they have. Those Many elk tacos are Those they're. Incredible and a lot of really high end places have the little lady bitty sushi. Ones you know they are, fingerfoods fingertos like finger.
Speaker 2: Tacos, yeah either, way you can say that these classics start on this. LIST a Place i've never, Been let's go to Rock, Wall. TEXAS i have been To, ROCKWALL i haven't been in this burger Place i've.
Speaker 1: BEEN i already Know Boots burgers been. THERE i think it's been there for like fifty. Years, DUDE i get.
Speaker 2: Hungry let's go To. Boots.
Speaker 1: Dude it's near the old. Downtown oh, WAIT i can't Believe i've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Before was the new?
Speaker 1: Downtown, Well i'm just saying that downtown SO I my mom is From rockwall and my grandparents grew up On Valley, drive like not even a quarter of a mile from the. Downtown Every texas town's downtown is a. COURTHOUSE i would walk there and they had a seven eleven SO i could get. Slurpy they had a barber shop THAT i would go sweep up in front of Free, labor and Then boots had been there. FOREVER i, mean does it say in the article how long it's?
Speaker 2: Been, okay so it says boots opening year was probably nineteen sixty, eight but the family doesn't even. Know, yeah, yeah it's been for a long. TIME i don't really.
Speaker 1: KNOW i would like that they don't.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah AND i probably would have guessed earlier than. That it says we get, older it's harder to. Remember please bear with us on this matter as we think about. It, Okay claire never heard of, It mooney like. It i'm going to Rock wall right now to get a Boot. Burger we have a lot of supporting Rock. Wall, yeah we've had huge Outpoint barbecue's glore. There, specifically people love coming out and letting us haunt giant jeeps at. Them it's because they Got Lake Gray hubbard and there's a lot of boats and the hose yep a Place i've seen a, lot don't Think i've ever been. There there's one In, addison there's one In East, dallis there's one In University. Park let's Go Burger, House let's go that is my Favorite dallas burger. Ever nineteen fifty one when it, Opened jacks is its garlic.
Speaker 1: Salt what a garlic? Salt that's the. Thing if you don't like the garlic, salt you're.
Speaker 2: Out but it.
Speaker 1: Is it is really good, Though jack's original burger.
Speaker 2: House and they put the awkwardly titled cumin in it as, well uh always spelled spelled very.
Speaker 1: Strange it's if you like that, taste it is so damn. Good you just don't want the chef to wink at.
Speaker 2: You, yeah into it feels like a place you'd go In you're, Like i'm kind of hungry for, lunch and then you see a youth soccer team in, there and you're, like, oh, yeah go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Else, Now why that's a good.
Speaker 2: THING i, mean he doesn't like. Noise oh doesn't feel. Chaotic you just want to eat our? Dogs go? Too why do you have to bring the dogs With it's already a chaotic. Event let's get some dogs.
Speaker 1: Marking he's, right, Okay East.
Speaker 2: Dallas i've always heard of this. Place on their billboard it says root Beer. Hamburgers the place is called Dry Yet Oh i've never. Been nineteen fifty six, slinging greasy burgers and ice cold root. Beers bad, Ass.
Speaker 1: RIET i like old cold, beer, Man oh so good when it hits your. Lips people that brought Up darry yet to us when we've talked about what is the best burger IN, Dfw oh.
Speaker 6: Wow there it is right Off. Ferguson, OKAY i.
Speaker 2: Mean to give the shot some.
Speaker 1: TIME i want to go there on the way To. Rockwall Keller's hamburger's In.
Speaker 6: Dallas, yeah so.
Speaker 1: Good on, there it's so. Good you all know the drill toothless waitress on roller. Skates is that what it?
Speaker 12: Is or what is?
Speaker 1: It it's there's usually.
Speaker 2: Weird, okay the roller skate, THING i haven't seen. That it's not ar, skates but it's like.
Speaker 6: Cigarette hanging.
Speaker 1: Out it's Called keller's because everyone that works there is blind.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 1: Deaf. Yeah she had to repeat your order a couple of times. Too it's a great, burger but it's also a whole experience just people.
Speaker 2: Watching by the, way the other, day my son challenged the validity of the existence Of Helen Keller, Man we're so. Doomed, yeah she was, like come, on, man she was blind and deaf that how do they know that she can do? Anything, Lastly Fort Worth kincaid's is the. Place yeah always heard this. One, yeah nineteen forty six a guy Named Chaz kincaid.
Speaker 1: JAZZ i had to keep that quiet to be. Successful good to get him on the. Show everybody raves about that. Place all, right there you, Go good, Job. Kevin local burgers that are undefeated and have been for a long ass. Time good good, stuff all. Right coming up in just over three, minutes five of the fastest growing cities in The United states are here In Dallas Fort. Worth what are? They we'll tell you in just over three. Minutes, next right here on The, eagle we have lots of fun stuff still in the remainder of the, Show so don't go. Nowhere but right now it's time for.
Speaker 13: This and now it's time for bass s Week Day Up, day featuring veteran news anchor kt Fun. Tweets here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the.
Speaker 2: World we got some information from the census. TODAY i think the lead in town would probably be That Fort worth is now over a million people now a one of just THIRTEEN us cities to ever cross the one million. Marks so good job Fort, worth what a. Day fantastic you guys have been pumping so Fort worth by itself is the thirteenth the largest. Market it's now the eleventh largest city in The United. States, wow it's Also dallas without Fort. WORTH i don't have that.
Speaker 1: Information it's also where The west, begins so they're.
Speaker 2: Eleven huh, yeah but the thirteenth ever to cross. IT i guess a couple have gone under. That but the thirteenth ever to cross one. Million good.
Speaker 1: Job, okay that's but a. Market from a sports, standpoint it's big enough to have its own sports. Teams you, KNOW i don't want to be it's.
Speaker 6: EXCITING i don't.
Speaker 2: Know i'm just saying it.
Speaker 1: IS i, mean you look at Like Los angeles Or New. York they have multiple teams and those are those are huge, Obviously But i'm just, saying, well you want to be in all the top, markets and we're kind of ballhogging want huge markets with just our few. Teams it's no different than, uh you, Know oakland And San. Francisco BUT i would put out the caveat. That all the teams have Left. Oakland But oakland's in a different financial situation Than San francisco's in.
Speaker 2: WELL i mean Than Fort, worth is? It this is Why i've always subscribed to the theory that The Attle sins are gonna move The mavericks To. Cowtown it's gonna.
Speaker 6: Happen we could start a croquet team In.
Speaker 2: Forworth, okay, ye we could eat some. Croquettes, yeah. Okay so five of the fifteen fastest growing cities In america or IN, dfw we get.
Speaker 1: Fifteen you can GUESS i know one BECAUSE i live. There say it to the line Of. Texas that is, Correct that is?
Speaker 2: Correct what number is? It it clocked an eighteen percent population jump last, Year so that's what it's based. On its percentage of jump because the life worms giant has been going To. Poundtown, yeah is that what it's based? On kt or?
Speaker 6: Growing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay not raw, population and it's based on percentage of jump because those things are. Different yeah, Okay, Melissa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah ask correct ten percent population bump last? Year what number is?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 2: Like, TOM i don't THINK i had listed like. That you have one k.
Speaker 6: Rockwall you know WHAT.
Speaker 1: I could give?
Speaker 2: YOU i could give You you're close you know what context Clues i'll tell you that a city on here is In Rockwall. County heath not heath Roy, city Not Royce. City Fight, settlement that's side.
Speaker 5: What you, Say?
Speaker 2: Fate it is, fate, okay forty five minutes east of Downtown, dallas right there on the eastern shore Of lake RIG.
Speaker 1: I have no idea Where White settlement. IS i think it's Like Fort Worth. ISH i, MEAN i don't even.
Speaker 7: Cares it's a west Of Fort.
Speaker 2: Worth they had an eleven percent, spike, okay twenty.
Speaker 1: PEOPLE i would like to make a, guess all, right what is the town that is north Of allen AND i think south Of sherman where there's all the tech.
Speaker 2: Jobs?
Speaker 6: Anna is?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Anna anna And melissa a right next to each. Other AND i wouldn't be Surprised ifanna is on there. Too anna just a thirty minute drive east Of.
Speaker 2: Salina been a fourteen percent population increase up to thirty two thousand. People, yeah And anna's technically still In Collin. County so just for a, Reference i'd just like to, say thirty two thousand's a, good good hearty. Number my hometown was three thousand people and still is still three thousand.
Speaker 1: PEOPLE i told you guys this the most populated city In maine Is, Portland, maine and it's smaller Than allen by.
Speaker 2: Population, jesus so. Weird, Okay so there And allen And melissa And. Anna, yeah And salina we're all. Talking is wait now Is Selina denton Or Colin? County both those? Things?
Speaker 1: Daddy, Okay, yeah there's twombe there's. TWO i think there's it's in, BOTH i.
Speaker 2: Believe, yeah this straddles the, okay one leg ST i THINK i think you're, right, yeah, okay on the county. Line and this is NOT.
Speaker 1: Dfw BUT i think the fastest growing city In america Is. Kyle, nope is it in the. Top they can't even get Enough kyle's to go To. Kyle kyle's. GROWING i just read an article that said it was the single fastest growing city In america and that it didn't have the water Infrastruct New York.
Speaker 2: Times but they didn't have the. Census they'd have The Texas census.
Speaker 1: Down, Okay solina is the city In colin And Denton, counties all, Right SO i start thinking about other ones that.
Speaker 2: Are in that.
Speaker 1: AREA i don't know that this is gonna, LIKE i know there's a lot of people that are, like we don't want to have A starbucks on every corner where we. Live we're moving out Of solina before it blows, up and we're moving To gunter and you don't you don't wannounce the Tea. Gunner, Yeah gunner isn't in.
Speaker 2: It it's. Not but blowing up is the last One.
Speaker 1: North because we've named four of the, five let.
Speaker 2: Me give you some. Context because it's an hour north Of, dallas it's half an hour From. Plano it is up there. North it has has experienced a thirty one percent population that increase in the last. Year, no but one of our biggest fans and great listeners is from. There.
Speaker 1: Dennison, Nope, oh that's it's? It is it off of thirty Five, oh on the way To, Oklahoma Little, elm the home of Freak.
Speaker 2: Jesus oh oh. Oh, Princeton, yeah Princetea, Princeville princeton three, eighty isn't. It, Yeah princeton's over By anna And, Melissa like those two are all adjacent to one. ANOTHER i think thirty one percent population movement the last. Year, yeah, sir that's some crazy. Numbers it's crazy, numbers but there's not that many. People so the point is is, that like you were talking About, anna up to thirty two thousand. People that's still a third Of allen but percentage wise it's, growing but it's not population. Wise in the twenty twenty census had seventeen thousand, people and now it in the twenty twenty three the next update twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Thousand, yeah so up ten thousand.
Speaker 2: People it's.
Speaker 1: Huge so up on the north Side highway three, eighty anything along that is going to be booming all the way From, solina all the way over to the right.
Speaker 8: Side.
Speaker 1: Yeah all the northern, birds, man you. Willakers they getting. Bigger all, right there you have. It coming up, Next John mulaney wants to fight three teenage.
Speaker 2: Boys we have an update on that. Story.
Speaker 1: Next it's a song and that's that Technical, therefore obviously that's a.
Speaker 2: Hoover we're just vacuuming up some stories that we've been tracking that haven't really finished. Yet On wednesday nights On, netflix, uh there's a talk show Called Everybody's live With John, mulaney the famous. Comedian so one hour talk show has some special. Guests on last night's guests Were Sarah, Silverman Patton oswald And Alanis morissett and a sleep doctor because, uh sleep was the. Topic but So John mightey comes out and he is, blindfolded and then he reveals that he'll be doing the entire show, blindfolded which it's very. Funny. Good it's very funny to watch a guy kind of get thrown off his bearings, because like you, know he's used to having the ability to read off a prompter or a card and setting things.
Speaker 1: Up, yeah even think about.
Speaker 12: That not do.
Speaker 1: That and they throw to a lot of different weird. Stuff so you's got to remember the order of the.
Speaker 2: Show got to remember the order of the show is stage director's there to make sure you didn't Pull Kelsey grammar and fall off the. Stage. Right so that's all. GREAT i enjoy. It it's probably not for. EVERYBODY i just love we have a guy who's having fun with the. Format.
Speaker 1: THOUGH i want to make SURE i understand. This he's married To olivia Munt. Man i'm Watching Your friends And neighbors and she's on, it and it just serves as hope to every, effeminate funny guy out there that they can end up With olivia.
Speaker 2: Mun, well my, god he's definitely had some work done over the past few years. TOO i don't think it's improved as.
Speaker 6: Looks you guys just be.
Speaker 1: Funny she's been telling, US i just don't know how so every day. Funny, well we disappoint.
Speaker 2: Her so this is where it's kind of fun for me, though BECAUSE i did know at the end of the night we were going to get our reveal our second of three fourteen year old boys that he is going.
Speaker 1: To fight on the twenty eighth in the season.
Speaker 2: Finale he. Claims last week they revealed a guy Named. Ben here's this week's new. Contestant keep in mind he's blindfolded so he can't see the.
Speaker 5: Video, okay now the moment you've all been waiting. For we're going to reveal my next team challenger for The may twenty eighth fight. Night is there any kind of intro to this?
Speaker 12: One.
Speaker 5: NOPE i have never seen any of my challengers before they are unveiled live on the. Air this will be my first time meeting this young person as. Well joe rolled the. Tape How Lo, JOHN i Am.
Speaker 2: JACOB i am five. Seven that's pretty tall AND i wait too.
Speaker 3: Hard hundred and twenty six. Pounds my confidence in this fight one. Hundred look at, you and Then i'm simply. Better, Goodbye, john.
Speaker 5: All, RIGHT i Guess i'll see him WHEN i get home. Later what were the stats? THERE i missed? Them five seven to twenty six? Pounds five? Seven, okay, well what are you all laughing?
Speaker 4: At?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 5: Right sounds like we have a real. Opponent but young, man when you come into my fake living, room you don't bring that smack. Talk, okay.
Speaker 1: What do you think is gonna? HAPPEN i don't, Know, like is He are they all gonna wear boxing? Gloves AND i THINK i think they're gonna wear boxing, gloves BUT i think they are gonna kick his. ASS i think they are. Too is he gonna try gonna land eighty? Punches can he at.
Speaker 7: Least wear one of those suits where you, know like dogs attack, you right those?
Speaker 2: Suits?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Right well he said that they've definitely like gone through the process of. Waivers, yeah they're signing waivers so like and where it hurts.
Speaker 1: Them it's not assault protective boxing gear LIKE i think they'll, have like like when they smar because, yeah if you punch a fourteen year old in the, face you could kill. Them, yeah BUT i don't Think John Lanny. Camp BUT i seriously think these kids are gonna beat the crap out of. It, yeah AND i think he's gonna go down. Fast is that kid's to twenty? Six, yeah if it's just three coming at. Him at the same, Time i'm.
Speaker 6: More worried for, him THOUGH i am.
Speaker 1: TOO i think he's AND i think he's going to go down.
Speaker 2: Fast. NOW i think there's a couple of Bits i've thought in my, Head like at FIRST i thought the third reveal could be like an adult like he has one of his comedian friends. Coming, Hey john act like a. Teenageer It's Will ferrell or. Something BUT i don't. THINK i think he's now got to extend this to the twenty. Eight so we'll have another teen Next, wednesday and THEN i think On Fight night it would be funny if there was, like, uh you, know a body double or something like. That but he's got he's got to do.
Speaker 3: It, yeah he's this.
Speaker 2: Boy they had. Those, yeah he has a little it's like one of his sidekicks outside Of Richard kind is the SAME. O it's like the way mo, cars like a little thing that does. Deliveries, right he's like The Little, Ones yeah, Right and that had a big bit last night where it was going to try to jump over His Mini, cooper so it goes up the ramp and just crashes into the very hot.
Speaker 1: Show is so stupid, though it's original creative. Things that's. Fantastic good, Job. Kevin All, Right John mulaney's gonna fight three fourteen year old. Boys that is the latest, update all, right coming up in just over three. Minutes Skin weight is a big old music, brain and we're gonna put it to the test with a yacht rock quiz that's coming up in just a few. Minutes don't miss it right here on ninety seven point, One The Eagle, Boy.
Speaker 2: What are you doing In rollertown? Tonight we are doing. That you And been are invested in.
Speaker 1: Peat we're doing yacht rock trivia going into a playoff hockey watch. Party so here's the. DEAL i am hosting yacht rock. Trivia me And ben are going to be in the. Building Yacht Rock trivia goes from seven o'clock to eight. THIRTY i have two rounds and a bonus round perfectly timed. OUT i play the song you get a, point for the. Artist you get a point for the name of the, song and THEN i ask a trivia question about each song and then that's worth Double so then we do it for two and a half. Rounds the bonus round is double, points and THEN i have one Final jeopardy style question that you can risk your points, on kind of like we do with our game. Shows So i've timed it out to where it's going to go perfectly from seven o'clock to eight. Thirty we'll have a, winner the winner will get a, prize and then the puck drops and we're celebrating stars playoff. Hockey me And ben are Talking Cooper flag with anyone who wants to come up and talk with. Us Jazzy tacos is going to be. There it's we have a whole yacht rock, weekend so we're celebrating. That BUT i love doing music trivia And i'm very excited for. You you're very good at, it and it's really. Entertaining it's. Hilarious so if you want to, like hear what's rattling around and skins Music brain and listen to him talk about yacht rock and there's wise cracks and he's fun interacting with a, crowd all while drinking beer and eating tacos and then watching stars playoff.
Speaker 2: Hockey come join, Us, Scien it's gonna be. Fun it's.
Speaker 1: Fun AND i didn't USE ai to pick. QUESTIONS i picked every song. MYSELF i picked every question. Myself it's all stuff THAT i put thought into Because i'm a.
Speaker 2: Nerd, Okay SO i thought we could do a little pregame show to Yacht Rock trivia. Tonight, wow by testing the quiz. Master let's make sure he's worthy of hosting yacht Rock. Trivia, Hello, no what IF i? Failed we have to call it. OFF i would like to Award ben And christina each ten dollar. Points, okay you have ten dollar. Points and what you can do is you can wager BEFORE i ask a. Question you can wager how much you think if he will get it right or if he will get it.
Speaker 1: Wrong, okay all, Right.
Speaker 2: Are there any clues as to what they should?
Speaker 1: Do or, Yeah i'll ask the. Question, first you we get to hear, okay, Good we get to hear the, question and then y'all can see me react to the, question or maybe you don't, react or maybe you're good at. This, YEAH i don't. React, okay how many questions are?
Speaker 2: There? Oh like that art which seminal yacht rock album took two years to record and was the most expensive record ever made at the. Time in nineteen.
Speaker 1: Eighty once you told him the, year.
Speaker 6: He's covering his face so he can't see if he.
Speaker 2: Knows it or.
Speaker 1: Not, yeah, ladies, first.
Speaker 6: YES i will three dollars he gets all, Right, god you don't.
Speaker 1: Know i'm gonna go five dollars points if he gets it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Right once you told the year in nineteen, eighty his brain was, like, yeah got. It you didn't need to tell me That galacho By Steely dan was recorded in nineteen.
Speaker 2: Eighty it is, correct it started immediately after they Released, asia but it did take multiple. Years is including uh the engineer who built a drum machine specifically for them to capture the. Sound that is all, Right Ben Roger, NICHOLS i believe was the name of the, Engineer christina up to.
Speaker 1: Thirteen he just told you what the engineer had for lunch that.
Speaker 2: Day. Yeah, basically who was the inspiration yeap For toto's Song.
Speaker 1: Rosanna? Oh oh should we go back and?
Speaker 2: Forth?
Speaker 6: Yeah go, ahead you go?
Speaker 2: First, no BECAUSE i don't want you to have to go. First that's not fair to. YOU i feel like this Is.
Speaker 1: Superna i'm gonna say. Fifteen i'm gonna bet fifteen dollars. Points that's your whole Nut this is this Your, catalina his whole. Nutting, There, Christina i'm bad at. Gamblings i'll do seven that he's.
Speaker 2: RIGHT i think it's. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah the problem is that there's controversy about this because they say It's Rosanna, arquette who the band knew at the time and later Married Peter. Gabriel but there's a lot of controversy about whether or not that is acts actually.
Speaker 2: True, okay so you're Saying Rosanna. Arquet i'm just worried about if they have the writer of the. Song, see Because i've got the quote from the writer of. This the writer of the song says it is not About Roseanne arquette, specifically but that they knew her at the.
Speaker 1: Time the writer of the song is it's one of The, uh.
Speaker 2: He's A dp, guy what, dude?
Speaker 1: Perfect those are his.
Speaker 2: Initials Dr pepper? Guy, Yeah David.
Speaker 1: Patch oh he wrote. It, okay the keyboard. Player SO I i have read before that they denied that it Was. Roseannes your, Answer i'm going to, say it's not About roseanne arc.
Speaker 2: Not About Roseanna. Arquette i'm going to say it's About, roseannes no one in. Particular it's About Roseanne. Arquette you think it. IS i think it. Is it's about No one in. Particular, okay that's what he, said and you talked about.
Speaker 1: It, YEAH i, mean.
Speaker 2: It's what he.
Speaker 1: Said it didn't trick, me BUT i should have stuck to my. Guns, yeah, yeah, Answer.
Speaker 2: But the way you phrased the question was to force him to come up with someone named that it.
Speaker 1: Was my problem is THAT I my problem is THAT i couldn't name Another. Roseanne, yeah The roseanne. Bar?
Speaker 8: Uh what it?
Speaker 2: Was this is, controversial that it's too it's too. Controversial. Uh and we will say that that question was, rigged and it was because we could go out there and find stories. Contradicting, yeah, okay fifteen for being thirteen For christina still and, What, no we're not that's too. Easy we're not doing that. ONE i THOUGHT i had hard. Ones on The Beyond Yacht rock podcast episode Titled woman Of Yacht i've never heard of. This who takes the number one position in the Countdown women Of Yacht, okay.
Speaker 7: You know, WHAT i don't let me just, Okay, yeah it's kind of a. COMPLICATED i don't even understand the. Question he's trying to stump.
Speaker 2: You he's worried about the number one Woman's jacob De gram and he's trying to paint corners with perfect pictures to you because he knows you're holding a red wiffleball bat fat.
Speaker 1: ONE i feel so bad about the last. One i'm gonna tell, You i've never heard of whatever he's talking. About who there's just one, podcast, okay? Okay and then whoever THAT i don't know who these people are saying is the number one. Woman IF i give you three, options, okay if you give me three options AND i can maybe guess terry.
Speaker 2: Okay would have Been Nicol, Larson Diana ross Or Lauren wood Wagers i'll wager three that he gets it, right, Right, yeah all do.
Speaker 6: Three he gets it, wrong, Then, wow.
Speaker 2: You're saying he doesn't respect. Women What i'm on a. DATE i think it's Nicolett. Larsen that's. Incorrect Lauren wood was named number One woman Of yacht thank you, Sorry, Ben ben goes down to. Twelve stina goes up to. Sixteen, oh he's really trying to stub. You he's you, know these are, good, man they are hard. Questions in addition to cutting more than one single With michael, McDonald James ingram topped the yacht rock charts with a duet with which female?
Speaker 1: Singer, Oh Patty, austin, what oh?
Speaker 2: God i'm.
Speaker 6: SORRY i knew he was gonna get it, immediately all of.
Speaker 2: MINE i would like.
Speaker 1: To apologize for getting kicked off the.
Speaker 2: Set he's a destroy good, job you got.
Speaker 1: It they both get three. Points just they're.
Speaker 2: Fine i'll take. It they're doing.
Speaker 1: GREAT i apologize to you. Listener how about this?
Speaker 2: One The Doobie brothers were among The rock And Roll hall Of fame twenty twenty. Inductees what are the following? Acts also joined them that? Year was it r e M The Notorious big or The Jay Giles? Band got The Jay Giles band so? GOOD i like that?
Speaker 6: Centerfold?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah he Love Roads Cold. Angel it is a. CENTERFOLD i understand. This this is not. Even this is not. Even this is not a rock.
Speaker 1: Queer interestingly, Enough Peter, wolfe who is the lead singer of The Jay Giles, band was briefly married To Fade Down.
Speaker 2: AWAY i think that was a. Question, okay, yeah wager.
Speaker 6: Five he gets it, right that he gets it.
Speaker 1: Right, uh this is not a out rock.
Speaker 2: Question so it's your, Brothers yeah, Right, Tangentially i'm gonna, say, uh CAN i hear the question? Again The Dewey brothers were nominated into The rock are inducted into The rock And Roll hall Of fame in twenty. Twenty who joined them that year was AN. R. E. M The Notorious big or The Jay Gals.
Speaker 1: Band All, right he'll know the answer to. This i'm going to bet twelve that he gets it. Right OH i don't know the answer to.
Speaker 2: This oh, no really he's Going i'm.
Speaker 1: Guessing i'm guessing that IT'S. R. E.
Speaker 2: M incorrect And ben's nut has. Busted oh, my.
Speaker 8: You did?
Speaker 2: It oh, no suddenly The Daddy, Trial My god twenty one For, christina dang. It it was hard to find a bunch of yacht rock, quizes but there's a bunch about like. Everyone you sit there and you go. In he's gonna know. That he's gonna know that. One he's gonna know that. One let me ask you this. One this is pretty, easy, Right which of the following artists is not considered a yacht? Rocker no more way drink has Been Robbie, dupree Bos, Skaggs Jackson, Brown Jackson.
Speaker 1: Brown why?
Speaker 2: Not, uh that's a good. QUESTION i think he's considered more of like. Songwriters, well he's more in the vein of The.
Speaker 1: Eagles and there's really only One eagle song that is considered a yacht rock, song and THAT'S i can't tell you.
Speaker 2: Why how's that?
Speaker 1: GO i can't tell you, why, right right, Right and it's and it's because it sounds different than the rest of The eagles. Catalog it's basically What Daryl hall was bitching about the Other it's, like, man it's JUST r AND. B why is everybody freaking? Out but by the, WAY i saw a video Of Darryl hole today Singing she's a rich girl or something one of, those and it looked just Like Ashley.
Speaker 2: SHAFFER.
Speaker 1: Bmw i've been, Inspired Will ferrell?
Speaker 2: Fantastic do you have any? More give the hardest one you, got give me the hardest ONE i?
Speaker 1: Got, yeah it in my. Pants i've been reaching there and get that.
Speaker 2: Question i'm just, kidding, Okay and what song would you find the following, LYRICS i was tired of my.
Speaker 1: Lady escape The Pina colada song By Rupert. Holmes, oh because it.
Speaker 2: GOES i was tired of my.
Speaker 1: Lady you, know he's got another really badass song about leaving a message on his answering.
Speaker 8: Machine, really, yeah you know that, One Mike Blake shelton is that hang on, now it's been a. While it's been a, while it's been a. While what's how about?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 5: Oh, Yeah Now i'm.
Speaker 1: Your message at the tone And i'll get back to. You that one that's Also, yeah he's a pretty clever, Songwright.
Speaker 2: Achary so go, ahead yat Rock trivia tonight At Rollertown Beer works In, Salina, texas where we've been in skinner invested in their. Balls i'm heading there right.
Speaker 1: Now let's, go let's, go let's go eat tagos and talk yacht. Rock i'll never forget the TIME kt tried to convince me That Rupert holmes only had one good. ALBUM i looked him dead in the. Eye he looked me, back and then he, said blurting is my. Superpower and THEN i reached down in his. Pants, Uh christina is going to stick around and play some music right here on the. Eagle there you, Going.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get my sock, back.
Speaker 3: Dude enough fun in, games