Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. This is a bonus episode, guys, and this is exciting. So I have today Meghan O'Brien. She is the founder of a Ring My Bell.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I met Meghan through our mutual friend k Casey. You guys know Kate. Meghan is the founder of a beauty company. So it involves a makeup artists and hairstylists and spray tanners and stuff that will come to your door. It's incredible. I'm gonna be using them myself for Bravo con. Okay, Megan, first of all, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Gry Paine, Okay, tell me about Ringing My Bell because like this model of makeup artists and things coming to you, I think kind of got popular for the uneral public as an idea for watching Housewives because we're like, wait, I can have.
Speaker 2: Somebody come and do my makeup too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was just a natural progression, was to work with the housewives. And so I work with Meredith, Cynthia, Luiyanne, Gretchen and Gerty.
Speaker 2: And incredible, what an incredible group.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know you might not be able to and I mean, let's be honest, can they really afford the air Mes bag either?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It depends what you read, right, so maybe you can't have their bag or you can't have you know, a butler, but you can get a blowout. You can get a blowout. So I felt like to kind of make democratize if you will, having a beauty squad come to your house. We all need it. And when people would say, well, who is your client, I'd say, a woman with.
Speaker 3: A head is my client?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: We all have had you know, maybe you're not going to go to a premiere, but you do have your daughter. Your daughter might have a prom, or you have a wedding or a hot date or you know xyz, or maybe it's Tuesday and you just want to blow out to last year for the week. You know. But everybody should have the same access. It shouldn't be something that you have to live in a special zip code to have.
Speaker 1: You know, so your company, you do have lots of housewives that are investors. And we're talking about this because this is coming out on Thursdays, which is when I do my Bravo episodes. And I was like, well, this is a perfect tie in to talk about it because you do have these housewives that are investors, and tell everybody what you're doing at Bravo Con. Okay, you guys know, I'm going to Bravo Con and I went the last couple of years as well, and it is they have all the panels and stuff guys at Bravo cons in the rooms you can go into and meet, and the photo.
Speaker 2: Ops and all that, But they also have all these.
Speaker 1: Booths and I'd say ninety percent of them are selling housewives somehow related products. So you're going to have a boot the Bravo Con for your makeup artist, But tell tell every about exactly what we're doing with the selfies and all that, because I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have never been to Bravocon before, but the complaint that I would hear from everyone is waiting in line, like yes, I have to meet this one, I have to do this one. So this is really a very VIP perk. We only have it for the first two hundred people to do it because I don't want to overwhelm my housewife investors and I don't want it to be like so quick that you don't get your selfie and I don't want to line. So this is a very VIP perk. If you go to ring my Bell and bell has an E at the end of it for Southern Bell or Beautiful Bell. You go to ring Mybell dot com, get a hair and makeup, and at checkout where the promo code is put in the name Meredith or Gretchen or Loui Anne or Gerty or saying god, this is going to be me.
Speaker 2: Gertie Beard, is Luyn Cynthia Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, how Cynthia Bailey?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, she's the og puts and we will. So you put that in your checkout. You book your hair and makeup. You need hair and makeup anyway. You don't have to get it for Bravo con. You can get this hair and makeup for your wedding next year or your daughter's prom or and you can get it whatever. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I could be for a future time.
Speaker 4: Totally, you can have this for a future time. We are national. We are not in Alaska, so sorry Anchorage, but everywhere else we are. Okay, So just book your hair and makeup. Put the housewife who is my investor that you want to meet in the checkout. Then someone from our team is going to get back to you and tell you what time they are going to be at our lash bar where we're launching Viva lash Vegas. But we're not telling the public. Like we're not telling we don't want a big, huge cluster. So I am not gonna say, hey, world, come and meet Cynthia at two o'clock at Saturday. It's not gonna work, right. You have to have you have to be on the list to be told, because I don't want to stampede. I don't want This is a VIP perk, so this is like and here's the deal. You're gonna have your hair and makeup done right, so you're gonna look really good for yourselfie. So there you go, and that there's your Christmas card for next year.
Speaker 1: It's interesting talking about the Stampedes. It is interesting because two years ago when we were there, and the year before when we were in New York, and it would just be like, there's this certain door and you knew when it opened, one of the housewives is coming out. Like I'll give it an example, like Shannon, the door came out when she was doing that lemon tincture product, and so you're standing near her booth. You know, eventually she's coming and you would see this door like really far away in the convention hall open and these all these people around, and Shannon would be coming, you know, with people all around her, people are like screaming, screaming and trying to rat trying to like take pictures like over the the you know security that was walking her to her booth, and then she just goes and stands in her booth and holds the product and people just walk by and take pictures. So it can be a stampede. So like if people knew that, you know, Meredith is going to be there Friday at this time, then yeah, you're right, it would be like hundreds of people.
Speaker 2: So you kind of have to have the appointment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to have the appointment because I have to have it. Also, I need it in by November eleventh, guys, because I have to work with their team and all these women's teams. So we have to because Bravo works some like workhorses, like they.
Speaker 3: Are running from them to another, So.
Speaker 4: I have to make sure you know that this is a good time for them and then don't worry, we'll get We will literally let you know what time they're going to be there. But this is a perk, like it's not going to be on my website or this is like an insider deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you posted it on your Instagram on ring my Bell and I posted it on mind too, just so you can see what it's about. And again, you guys, just you can book a hair and makeup. It could be for next year, but as long as you've got it booked, then you can get this perk of this fun selfie.
Speaker 2: Y'all. This time of year could be tough.
Speaker 1: The holidays are near and they're supposed to feel joyful, but for so many they bring stress around food, weight and body image. Add in all the talk about weight loss medications and it can feel overwhelming to know what is best for you. That's why HERS is here to support your journey so you could feel your best. Hers is transforming women's healthcare by providing access to weight loss treatment plans for every budget. They connect you with a medical provider who will work with you to determine the best treatment option for you. If prescribed, you get medication as part of a doctor developed weight loss program, complete with ongoing care and access to twenty four seven online support at no additional cost. There are no hidden fees and no membership fees. Weight Loss by Hers is realistic, not restrictive. HERS provides access to affordable weight life plans built around oral medication kits and g LP one injectible options, and the oral medication kits started just sixty nine dollars a month with a ten month plan when paid upfront and fual Hers puts your health and your goals first, with real medical providers making sure you have what you need to get results, all from the comfort of your couch.
Speaker 2: So if you've been struggling.
Speaker 1: With your weight loss journey, it's time you find the best option.
Speaker 2: That works for you through HERS.
Speaker 1: Whether you want to lose weight, grow thicker, fuller hair, or find relief for anxiety, HERS has you covered.
Speaker 2: Visit for Hers.
Speaker 1: Dot com slash pink shade to get a personalized, affordable plan.
Speaker 2: That gets you.
Speaker 1: That's f O r H E r S dot com slash pink shade for Hers dot com slash pink shade. Weight Loss by Hers is not available everywhere. Compounded drug products are not approved or evaluated for safety, effectiveness or quality by the FDA prescription required. See website for full details important safety information and restrictions. Actual price depends on product and planned purchased. I on this list, I'm looking of who I've met in person. I met Cynthia once, I met Meredith once, had an actual conversation. And I have had like a full dinner with lu Anne. She probably doesn't remember. It was in twenty nineteen. Had a full dinner at the Soho House in LA with my friend Elsa Rosen. You know Lisa Rosen. She's a podcast producer and she's friends with Kate. So I thought, but she knew lu Anne and we were in town, so we went to dinner with her.
Speaker 2: Oh and yeah, and so all of.
Speaker 1: These women, I can't say any of them that I've met in person in these situations where they're being paid to be there to be nice. I've never run across one housewife that was like rude or like hurry or this is annoying. They're always so generous with their time and so nice, and they always know the best angles for the selfie so that you look good too, you know, because this.
Speaker 3: Is their job, right exactly.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great tell me about the lash bar because my lash is always detail.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Mary Payne really loves working with Bravo, and I hope they send you so many streamers and things.
Speaker 3: Because we're just the best.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 4: I actually have had kind of a hard time with NBC and Bravo because, yeah, to try to figure out what I was going to have in my bar, and you know, I am a woman business owner and this isn't a huge business like this is me and I have like assistance, but like you know, this isn't We're not talking about like some huge company here. I have Unilever when Johnson and Johnson does not own me, right, I can't compete with you know, millions and millions of dollars of budgets, and I know it's just not going to happen. So I had to come up with something and that I could I could do at our Bravo con bar because I was told hair that was not going to happen.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: Again, these are huge, huge, massive companies, and we were saying a little bit of gossip. Bravo con makes almost as much money for NBC as the Super Bowl. So these are like kind of the budgets you're competing with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could tell you from just even trying to get like a high noon that costs sixteen dollars. I mean, you know, everything is so expensive.
Speaker 4: It's expensive, and it's very expensive to be there. So they were saying, you know, well, what are you going to sell in your booth or what are you going to do in your booth? And I had to come up with something, and I said, really on the spot, I said, well, well that's where we're going to have a lash bar and that's where we're launching Viva lash Vegas. I'm like, I didn't have any lashes. So though I didn't have any lashes, so I said Viva lash Vegas. And then I thought, well, for people that don't want to have these like really glamor Vegas eyes, I need to come up with something else. So what I have on right now is I have on the C suite s E E S W E E T. And the C suite is like for the day for zooms. You know, if you don't necessarily need want to look like a show girl, you know, the office nine to five, but you want to look a little more awake, then that's the c suite. So we have a night lash and we have a day lash, and then we have our very talented makeup artists, a lot of them. A lot of our makeup artists, by the way, especially the girls in our booth. One hundred percent of the girls in our booth, I can tell you have worked on almost all of the Housewives. So they're ones doing the smoky eyes with our director, Rivyan Summers, who is amazing. So that is that's what That's kind of the the backdrop, you know, for our booth, and it's going to be fun and.
Speaker 1: So that is you can just come to that booth and do that. And that has nothing to do with the selfiesse that's like a special thing that you.
Speaker 4: Have to know about. Actually, yes, you have to know about that. To the hair makeup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And.
Speaker 4: Are all of our stylists are they're interviewed, their audition in their background checked. I've been working on this company and staffing this company for two years. We really are in every major city. If by some weird champs we're not in your I would say we are within ten miles of every major city. If we're not for some reason in your city, I will find you somebody like I personally will find you a great talented I like. That is my promise to you. Please don't hear this podcast and then book it in one hour if you live four hours outside of somewhere in North Dakota, because that's gonna be hard. But you know what I'm saying, we can work with you here. And I had the idea. So I was telling Mary Payne that I have spent some time in the South because my idea when I was launching this this website. So it's a website Ring my Bell and Bell is like Southern Bell with the E at the end. Ring my Bell dot com and we have an act on the app store rober So it's like Uber but instead of a car, you know, you get your stylist, your makeup art nice or your spray tanner. And my genius idea was, I am going to go and I'm going to really test this in a small market. I'm going to go and test it in Charleston, South Carolina. I had been living in LA for twenty six years. The crime was not getting better here and I needed a break. So I went down to Charleston and I said, you know what, this is like the number one or number two spot for people to get married in America, many bachelorette parties. And I was Sash, I'm going to do my beta testing here. I'm going to live here. I'm going to make a killing. It's going to be amazing. I've made friends with like everybody that's on Southern Charm, so I love them too, and they're all clients, so that's great. So here I am with this new business and I launched my business only to find out my business is illegal in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: In Charleston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was like, wait, what year is it?
Speaker 3: So the law was.
Speaker 4: And I was able to change it for makeup artists, I wasn't able to change it for hairdressers. So we operate illegal. I'm like my or landscape. I have an illegal business in Charleston. But I've put so much like pressure on them. We were in People magazine and national news and everything that they kind of have laid off a little bit. But I was shocked to find out that if you're a cosmatologist, I a woman, and you work outside of brick and mortar salon in South Carolina, you can lose your license. However, if you are a barber, I e a man. You can work wherever you want and that's fine.
Speaker 2: Okay. So like Madison on Southern Charm.
Speaker 1: Is a hairstylist. But so she goes to Patricia's house sometimes and does her hair. You're saying she could lose her license over that.
Speaker 4: She Yeah, that's illegal. So I don't think Patricia's I don't know that Patricia's paying her. And also I was trying to kind of shame South Carolina with my People magazine article. So People Magazine did a big article that said beauty app founder goes to change sexist South Carolina law. And I thought these men and men would go, oh god, that's horrible and change, and instead they doubled down and they were really mad that I called them sexist, and it was a whole thing. So we Madison is fabulous. And Madison told me that she gets offers all the time for brides that are literally like I will pay you fifteen thousand dollars to do my hair and makeup, Like my dream is for Madison to do my wedding, and she turns them down because it's like she can't because of who she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's fascinating. That's fascinating. So Madison can go to Patricia's house and do her hair as long as she's not getting paid, correct, But if Patricia came to her salon, then it would be fine. Like that's wild, that's a crazy but I mean, hey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So so I'm back in LA now. I was in Charleston for two years. I did my best fight in it, but I couldn't win. So I'm back in LA. But do we do They don't bother me. I have to say, like, nobody is going to be arrested, and we do do hair and makeup all the time in Charleston.
Speaker 2: So okay, hight here first, guys, she's a law breaker.
Speaker 4: I'm a lawbry. I am a lawbreaker. They know that about me though, because I told them when I was testifying, I said, I just want you to all know that before I sat here, I broke the law.
Speaker 3: And they said, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: And I said, I had hair and makeup come to my hotel and they just kind of laughed. But because it's so ridiculous, but you know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You can't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't change it.
Speaker 1: So it is so ridiculous that it's so like, why are we going to double down on this like this as well so important?
Speaker 2: Do we have bigger problems in the world?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so you've met all these housewives and you've been them all through your business. Have you ever been on a housewives show? Like in the background, No, I.
Speaker 4: Have not, my my so, Sutton, you So, I've been in LA for twenty six years before I went to Charleston, and I you know, I'm very close to Beverly Hills and one point lived in Beverly Hills, and so I know all of them, you know what I mean, Like I see them at dinner or it's Beverly Hills is a small place, right, so like but you know, I see Lisa and I see Kai. I you know, it's kind of you kind of run in the same I don't run in the in the Bravo circle. But like we you know, it's you can all go to the same restaurants. You all go, yeah, right, same charities, the same party. It's not that big of a deal. And you know they're all lovely. I haven't I haven't had any kind of issue with any of them. I have never been on the show. My company has been on the show. Funny enough, not from an investor, but Sutton reached out and she was doing a fashion show on the season finale for her brand, and my Belle we did all of the hair and makeup for Sutton's fashion show for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for her her clothing line. Her Sutton Clothing line did get.
Speaker 2: A little promo from that. Did they show like Your Love?
Speaker 4: They sure did. Yeah, they showed the girls and sudden you know, she took pictures with all of them and she she loved.
Speaker 3: I mean, we did a great job.
Speaker 4: My girls are very, very talented, and we have so many One of the things that happened where especially LA and New York. Not that they're not super talented everywhere, but especially in LA and New York. People find this hard to believe, but it's true. We have a lot of a list a list celebrity artists that work for us. And how that happened was we had a Hollywood strike. I don't know if you remember the Hollywood strike when anyway.
Speaker 2: The business they had.
Speaker 4: A whole Hollywood strike and it was the industry hasn't totally come back yet, but I would get, you know, resumes and stuff from Kelly Clarkson's personal makeup artists or like one of Nicole Kidman's or crazy crazy things. Yeah, I would say looking at these resumes like you guys have Emmys, like you really want to work it and then go listen, I'm driving for Uber or I'm doing posts or whatever, and much rather do make up for you. I have a mortgage and the industry's so people are really shocked at the level of talent that comes to their house like the before and afters, we don't doctor them. That's really how great our girls are. Our girls are excellent, and the real hostwives use our girls all the time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, top to your talent really great.
Speaker 1: Well, you do see on the Housewives show a lot. You know that they are wherever they are, they're getting their their hair and their makeup done, and you know the Erica Girardi sort of Eric Jane started the whole trend on Housewives of traveling with glam, Like wherever she went, her glam.
Speaker 2: Would go with her. She'd get them seats on the plane, them rooms at the hotel.
Speaker 4: And I think she might be regretting that financial decision, right, now just.
Speaker 1: Saying right right, I'm just saying like you could like go to your go to a town as long as it's you know, it's served by you guys, and like, okay, well let me just call up somebody. If I know they're going to be respectful or I mean respected rather in the industry, then they'll come and they'll do just as great as a job, as long as you can like vocalize what you want.
Speaker 4: You know, we're not much more than the blow dry bars, and you know we say listen, we actually I think you come out ahead because you're not paying for travel, you're not paying for a babysitter, you're not paying for parking, you're not get like just time and money. All you have to do is answer the door with damp hair and a towel for a blowout, well clean face. We do your makeup updo just have your hair dry and spray tand you know, just answer the door in the robe and go nude or a bathing suit or whatever. It's fine. This is a woman on woman business. And the whole time that I've had this business, I can tell you Craig from Southern Charm is a good client of ours. But we don't have a lot of men. So you know, we have some gay men that like spraytnds. Yeah, we've had a couple bodybuilders that wanted spray hands in Vegas. But ninety nine point ninety ninety nine, our client teller women.
Speaker 2: Does Craig get spray Day's or is he getting his hair done?
Speaker 4: Hair? He does a lot of Craig is a lot of promo for his store, So I feel like that they're they're there just like powder up his nose and like straighten his hair out a little bit for photo shoots and things like that. Yeah, yeah, he's great. Our girls love him. He is so polite and his team is so wonderful and he's I mean, And of course she says can I take a selfie? Can we put it on an Instagram? And he's not an investor, and he still says yes.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I met him one time too. I went to one of his like pillow events, Like I just went and was like, Hi, can I get a picture? And he was totally nice. He was I was like, let's do We're gonna do like just hold the pillow. He goes, do you want to do a boomerang. We could jump up and down like he was coming up with suggestions.
Speaker 4: I was like, Okay, yeah, it's cool. He's really cool. So yeah, we have we have, really I have. Like you know, if you wanted to talk about bad people I've dealt with in.
Speaker 2: Hollywood, yes I do.
Speaker 3: I do go a whole episode on that.
Speaker 4: But but I have to say, as far as like the the people that I've worked with with Bravo, I've been very lucky. We've had We've had great, great people, and and you know, I'm trying to think they really do all use us.
Speaker 3: They really do.
Speaker 1: So have you ever had a regular person hire one of your artists and be like, I would like the Teresa Judais.
Speaker 2: At her wedding hair. I would like my hair to be twelve feet high.
Speaker 4: We know we don't even have the capability to do that. We don't. I actually want to be honest, I was afraid to have any Okay, so I don't watch any of the shows, which I have to say is like amazing because people would say to me, oh my goodness, like, what's it like dealing with Meredith, the most lovely, easiest person to deal with? I'd I literally have no idea what you're referencing, like like they all have to, I think act a certain way to keep their jobs on the shows. And I don't watch the shows because I can tell you I don't deal.
Speaker 3: We don't have any drama.
Speaker 4: I wish I could give you juicy stuff, but I don't have any drama with any of them. They're all lovely, they're professional, they are on time, they they're just like they're you know, at the end of the day, the people that stick around on Bravo and are like good Bravo TV, would you say or however you they're business people and Bravo is a business, and staying on that show is a business. So you know, the people that I've dealt with have been around for long enough that they get the game and they're kind of they're winning it, you know. They they know how to play the game because they're smart. So they're just smart business people and they know I'm just trying to make them money. I'm trying to grow this business. They're very supportive, you know. They they get they get a fortune to make appearances and things like that, and they want to come and say hi to the fans that support my business. Because they're involved in my business and they know it's a small business, and they know, you know, I don't have fifty thousand dollars to pay them to show up and cut a ribbon, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, right right right.
Speaker 4: So just the fact that they're they're willing to be part of this like VIP insider perk type thing is that speaks volumes because they can go to a they can use that hour and make tens and tens of thousands of dollars, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could just answer their cameos or whatever and make so much money, you know. All right, let me ask you about some hair and makeup question for ladies of a certain age. Spraytnds. Okay, I've gotten spray TNS. I like a spray tank because I am milky white, and so sometimes you just do a little color. Now, sometimes I'm just like a Jurgen's lotion mixed with my.
Speaker 2: Lession and I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the spreetand for me is great, but because I have like sun spots on my legs from all the damage that you do to yourself, you know when you're younger, and we laid out baby old because we didn't know sun damage but what I found with the spraytn is if I have like sunspots on my legs, when you do a spray tann, it enhances, it makes it look worse, and now it look like I have like leprosy.
Speaker 3: No, no, oh, Harry, I don't know. I wish I could tell you.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There are a way to avoid that.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask you, I mean, could we I feel like I'm on Can we phone a friend?
Speaker 3: Read? Is there like a phone a friend I can use for this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I don't. I actually do not do this perform the services. You know, my beauty director goes with me, and how we do it is well, you know, Cynthia will put up on her Instagram like, hey Atlanta, ridden my bell is in your city, and if you're in, if you're a talented makeup artist or spray tanner or you know, hairstylist, please email them and they'll get back to you. And then I rent an airbnb for week and I bring my my beauty director with me and we have like four days where they come and they either they bring a model or that they do the you know, we do the whole thing and they do it all there and my I know what I like and it looks good. But I mean, I'm not a professional, so my beauty director will be there and that's how we do it. So I don't I really don't know. I'm just I'm just enore meus.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, let me ask you this. Do you have an opinion on ladies of a certain age of which I'm just trying to like I am, you know over fifty five?
Speaker 2: What is our great?
Speaker 3: You look very good?
Speaker 1: Well, you know I told you beforehand I had to put a little filter on here because.
Speaker 3: Every same we all no, no, you look wonderful.
Speaker 1: What do you think is like the biggest beauty mistake? I mean I see a lot of beauty mistakes intelligence, especially on my TLC shows with like the giant lashes, yeah, or the makeup is so like cakey and we're all like striving to look our best so that we don't look like that. But I do think some of these ladies housewives, especially on camera, have to wear more makeup than they would in a normal day because you're on camera, So how could like what is what do you.
Speaker 2: Think is a beauty mistake?
Speaker 1: Ladies of a certain age make besides the giant olashes that look insane.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that as we get older, it's unfortunately. I mean, I'm due for my facelift. I'm going to go get my face done in January because I can't anymore. I thought it.
Speaker 3: I think, I know.
Speaker 4: I told I don't know what this is rated, but I said, I put eyeshadow on now, and I feel like it's putting it on like a man's ball sack and it's still good. So we can't. I need to lift everything up. This is just like so I feel like less, less is more and foundation. See, I feel like foundation really can aid you with more mature skin, because yeah, into the creeks, in the in the cracks. But I am a big I am the worst as far as like natural. I wrote beauty for a long time, you know. I wrote for Harper's Bizarre and I I've been in the but I have been in the beauty industry for like twenty six years. I have there's a product of that we work with that I love a lot called Mimosa Laine. It is a sun so like you were saying, this makes me think, so the woman that created Mimosa Laane. It's really cool she was an esthetician for a long time and she put self tanner in the face serum. So you know how sprays hands can dry you out. Yes, yes, so this has like vitamin D and vitamin C and all these anti aging things in it. But also it gives.
Speaker 3: You a really nice glow.
Speaker 4: So sometimes we have our makeup artists use out on people before and it only it only.
Speaker 3: Takes a minute to dry, So sometimes.
Speaker 4: We have our makeup artists use that on people as a primer because then when they wash their face at the end of you know, the evening, their event and make up up, they're left with like a nice, healthy glow.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I would I really like.
Speaker 4: That mimosalaine serum with the self tanner in it. I think it's really amazing.
Speaker 2: You sent me.
Speaker 1: You sent me a huge bag of stuff, so I wonder if that's in there.
Speaker 4: I'll have to go yeah, yeah, I hope it is, because it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: When I get my makeup done, I'm going to bring the lashes that you sent me.
Speaker 4: Are you going to bring Viva lash Vegas the night ones or the day ones?
Speaker 2: Day ones?
Speaker 1: I gotta wear day lashes even in the night time because I have little, tiny, beady, little possum eyes, so I have to wear small lashes.
Speaker 4: It won't look We're like so mean about ourselves your eyes. I know we're awful. Stop that, Mary Payne, like, don't talk about yourself like that.
Speaker 2: I know I have to.
Speaker 4: How did you get into this? Now?
Speaker 3: Were you? What is your favorite Bravo show?
Speaker 1: Well, I would say right now Real House Has of Salt Lake City is my favorite. But in the past it was always Vanderpump Rules, which now has moved into the Valley. But I love all the housewives. I watch all of them. I've watched every single one, every single episode, every single season. But right now it's Salt Lake City. And I met Meredith and Brooks at Bravo Con two years ago and they were they were very nice, very nice.
Speaker 4: So beautiful is and she's she's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's the thing to these women.
Speaker 4: They they really look great in person as well, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't see in person, they don't look like they have on that cakey makeup, I mean a little. Sometimes you see them and then you look in the pictures and it doesn't look like that. That's why I like when i'm getting my makeup done. I'm always like, oh my god, now I look like a full drag queen. Like no, I promise in the pictures you won't well right, and then you and you don't, And I think, I guess that's the trick of a good makeup artist to make you like where you look so great in the pictures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you are always camera makeup is always heavier.
Speaker 3: The camera's rough.
Speaker 4: I mean with makeup, it's more flattering, and it always puts ten pounds on you.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're always like gotta. You're like gotta left the house feeling pretty good, but dang.
Speaker 4: And you stand next to these people and they're they're like I I hate it because we do photoships and they show up. I'm like, oh god, I was having like a good day and they're all they're all skinny. They're all really skinny and tall.
Speaker 1: Everybody's tall. There are a few that aren't very tall. Angie K from Salt Lake City, she's very short. I met her last two years ago as well, But most of them were like like Cynthia Bailey's like glamazon.
Speaker 4: Like tall and the model yeah a model.
Speaker 1: Say Lun a model Okay, so that was okay, what about treatments and like at home devices? What's your thought on that? I mean if you used to write about the beauty industry, Yeah, is Guinea Pig. So I love that I had, so so I would do treatments. Okay, So I mean I was before Instagram, right. So I did a.
Speaker 4: Story called I'm a Size zero and I had lightp bo section and I ended up talking about it on Good Morning America because the article so I wrote about it for Harper's Bizarre A size zero and I had light bo section, and it went like my stomach was a bigger story than isis like everybody my stomach was everywhere because the article was about that. I you know, I was. This article was more than ten years ago. But I was really a small person everywhere except my stomach.
Speaker 3: So I would go to the dry.
Speaker 4: Cleaners or the nail salon or you know wherever, and people would always congratulate me on my baby I know, which was fine, but I wasn't pregnant.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, Okay.
Speaker 4: I would actually have people ar with me where I go, oh, you know, I just put weight there, and they go, oh, no, girl, you're pregnant, like you're pregnant. And I was like, this is ridiculous. So then I did all of this. I worked out, I did, I did the whole thing, only protein, I stayed away from alcohol. I did everything, and then everything else got really tighter, and then my stomach looked even bigger. So like this is this is horrible. So I went and they and so good morning America. Actually they brought on a doctor that said I wasn't crazy that some people put fat on. Okay, so some people put fat where it SIPs on the muscle kind of like how I'm really lucky with this like double chin thing here too, like that, that's why I want to get everything picked up. Is like you can exercise all day long. Yeah, you're not getting rid of your double like this when we get old. I'm sorry, a lot of us get this turkey thing and you can think thank your parents for that. Apparently, same thing with some people that put weight on and there's like above the muscle. Like I could have sat there and done like you know, sit ups all day and there was nothing that they could do except if I want to get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, they just sucked it up.
Speaker 4: So that is what I wrote the story about, because it was just like you know, so of course that went viral because I sounded like a total lunatic because what kind of size zero person gets liposelections?
Speaker 2: So that's right.
Speaker 4: But I mean I've done, you know, I've done all sorts of things, and I don't. You know, everybody's going to get mad at me because I don't think they work. I really don't. They say, well, what about the late microhone needling. I think the micro needling does does do a lot of stuff for discoloration and age bots and all that. But I've done the la I've done the lasers, and I've done it, and I think, unfortunately, you just gotta I'm sorry. I think we just tell you just I don't. I wish I could tell you there's a magic laser out there that's going to take you know, ten years off you, but I don't think there is, or I haven't found it yet.
Speaker 2: You know, I just did. I just did a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I did a laser and it's called some sort of IPL and then a cool peel and I mean literally, it's practically the price of a Bravocon ticket to get it.
Speaker 4: Done.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy because then my skin, which is normally very freckly, there's like no freckles.
Speaker 2: It's like starting fresh it right off, right, like burn it all off.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I think that. No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I think those things work for like texture, yeah, thoughts and things like that, but as far as like it's not going to lift your skin owls, yeah, that's it's like. And that's what bothers me is my you know, the jowls and the neck and all that jazz you know, so so.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it was Nora Evron that wrote a book I feel bad about my neck, right, And it's like when she got to a certain age, everybody's sitting around and their little collars are all trying to hide their neck, you know, and and you know, you go, and I mean I go and I get botox and stuff, and they do it all everywhere. But is like still, you know, I've still got the stuff.
Speaker 2: I've still got the stuff.
Speaker 1: And I will take a surgery and a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I'll do it.
Speaker 4: In a heartbeat. And that's so and you know what I have to say, Like I said, I don't watch the shows, but I do know. I read page six like it's going out of style, Like yeah, okay, I hit refresh on page six like constantly, so I know, like who's being robbed, who's declaring bankruptcy? Right, like, well, page.
Speaker 3: Six writes about it. I get it.
Speaker 4: So I do think it is refreshing. Actually, one of the things about Housewives is, for better or worse, they have normalized facelifts, and they've normalized you know whatever like that Shannon, the one that you spoke about how she was talking. I believe that's someone with the facelift that got into like I know, because she was like suing someone for not paying for you know, some crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Shannon Badoor and John Jansen. Yes he paid, he paid for her face left and the new suit her for the money back.
Speaker 2: But they were dating at the time and yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty years ago, no one would even admit that they had a facelift. And then that's why when I was doing the stuff for Harper's or anything, really, I was really honest about it about the light Bob and this, because it's just I don't think it's fair when especially women in the public eye, like how you know, j Low is like, oh, you know, I just woke up like this, Well here, glat, I mean, come on, So I just think, like it is it? Should we all accept ourselves and be happy? And beauty is within? And they say, yes, beauty comes from within, it comes from within like powders and packages and you know whatever, But really, sure should we all have it be beautiful on the inside and that should be enough? Sure, however, we all know, we know, and I think that there is something somewhat refreshing that they are very honest about the procedures that they get, so that you're not someone that is so you know, watches these people and Bravo's given an audience, you know, for women in their late fifties and sixties, and I think Patricia is probably what almost eighty, I hope, right. And you know when NBC and when they used to talk about shows for old people, they meant shows that were people were over the age of thirty five on them.
Speaker 1: I mean really, yeah, yeah, yeah, you think, yeah, you're right. And I do love that about our ladies on Bravo because someone was like, these people are my same age.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, granted I don't have access to col Richards type money.
Speaker 2: But you know I can, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bring my money, you bring? I do?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, that was a good point.
Speaker 1: You may at the beginning like you may not have the twenty five thousand dollars or may bag, but you can get your makeup done and look cute for.
Speaker 2: A night, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again I get like your point was how many of them do as well?
Speaker 2: Okay, but let's talk about this, okay.
Speaker 1: So Ring my Bell is going to do my makeup for the braw Con event that I'm having on Saturday, November fifteen with Ron Dailey. That's what I'm going to have a makeup done. I'll be sure to tag you and all that. I'm very excited about it. I've had my makeup done professionally a couple of times, and I'm the kind I don't like how they turn you away from the mirror so you can't look. I don't like that, but I know they have to do that. So you don't like me comment the whole time, but I also like to.
Speaker 3: Know you're a commenter. I'll put it in.
Speaker 1: I have a commenter, and I don't like a lot of makeup and whenever they do it I'm always like, we're gonna have to take it down. We're gonna have to take it down. Like I don't like a lot of makeup.
Speaker 4: So how our business works, we can't do this. If somebody orders, you know, like one day in advance, and I have to say, even though we.
Speaker 3: Are like on demand, and I don't know why I.
Speaker 4: Ever did that because it's so much stress. But even though we are on demand, I would say, most people order like a week in advance, which is great.
Speaker 2: You know you have something, yes, right, great now.
Speaker 4: Because then what happens is my assistant two days before the appointment, she sends you an email just confirming everything, and she says, please respond with a picture of what you look like and what you would like to look like. And then once we have that, before these stylists gets to your house, the stylist knows what you look like and what you like to what you would like to look like, which is like, it just helps us stylists. Those bags are heavy, you know what, like, so they know they don't want to get somewhere and have somebody say, you know, I was I was really looking for you know, X, Y and Z. And we want to make sure that we have everything completely prepared, so like we will reach out to you Mary Payne and say, what is like your goal to look like that night and make sure that we deliver on it.
Speaker 3: We don't like some guy.
Speaker 4: And then at the end of every and some people hate this and I'm sorry, but your stylist gets in trouble if they don't do it, because.
Speaker 3: It takes two seconds.
Speaker 4: We just have a survey that says like, are you happy, yeah, and then it goes back to our company and it just makes us. It keeps us, you know, on our toes because we you know, every stylist we actually our reviews are are excellent. Like I said, we have excellent, excellent reviews, but if something is not excellent, we want to know because we want to make sure that we have a really great company and that we provide really great service. Kate Casey used us for her daughter's prom and she was thrilled. So that made me happy, you know, especially we have a pretty we have a pretty exclusive even though our prices aren't crazy, We're not cheap. We're we're not bargain basement, okay we're not, but we're not like so cost prohibitive that you're like, oh my god, I could never use the service because our blowouts are one hundred and fifteen dollars and that includes everything, and I think, you know, I think the blowout bars now we're all about one hundred. And then again, you don't need a babysitter, you don't need to page you have to go.
Speaker 3: You don't go.
Speaker 4: Anywhere you know you're paying for convenience. And by the way, I don't know if you've been to the grocery store lately, but that's like a bag to groceres so, right, So we want to make it so that it is something that you feel is really worth it. Yeahcause our client I have to say, our client retention is very high. We have people that use us, some of them, like you know, we're in wealthy areas. We're in Greenwich, Connecticut, We're in Palm Beach, We're in Scottsdale.
Speaker 3: And we have some women that do use us once.
Speaker 2: A week, right because they can, right, because they can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But most people like me, I will do it like once a year for like a big event if I know there's got to be pictures, or if it's like a wedding or anything like that. You know that, And that's interesting asking you about weddings too, because like at my niece's wedding a few years ago, they had like four makeup artists there so the bridesmaids could come in and then like us as like the ants, like we could go in and at the last minute they just kind of pop some lashes on us and helped us so we didn't look so washed out. So it's it's uh, and those lashes were crazy. I remember thinking, like, these lashes are too big, and then I look at the pictures. I'm like, shouldn't it great?
Speaker 4: No, really, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were just for me. Just I think they probably looked great in the pictures. But to me, I was like, I look like I have butterflies that landed on my face. So I will let when, uh, will you guys call me a couple of days before I'll light you know, like I don't. I'm like a I'm kind of like a natural looking girl.
Speaker 2: But for a.
Speaker 4: Picture, we're gonna So she's gonna email you and then you respond with what either a picture of yourself where you're like I looked amazing in this fear yes, or if you have like a celebrity or just somebody off the internet that you say, I like this s glowy look, or I like this smoky look. Right, So, because everybody's definition of everything is a little different. So if you have a picture, it says a thousand words, we know what we're looking at, we know what you want. There's not any miscommunication. We can see it right there. And then also you can like reference it and go, you know, I screenshoted this and I replied to the email with this, but actually looking at it, now, do you have anything that's maybe a little more nude for my lip or a little I would say our most popular and I hate to say it because I'm so sick of them, but it's still the same thing. Like I still get and I say, Okay, what do you want to look like? And nine times out of ten it's a picture of Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 2: I just have to say, it's got to be a Kardashian.
Speaker 3: Y is it is? It always is.
Speaker 4: I'm always like, oh great, here we go like there And here's the best part too, is they'll say I just want something supernatural, and I'm like, all right, amazing, Just send me the picture of what you want to look like. And then they literally send a picture of Kim Kardashian briand and hair and makeup for probably eight hours when they send the picture, and like, all right, so that's why we need the picture because everybody's definition of natural apparently is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right, that's so funny. Yeah, I would like to look natural like Kim Kardashian. Listen, she's a beautiful girl, just like j Loo j Loo. Just no drinking in eight hours of sleep and that's how she looks as good.
Speaker 2: As she does, right, sure, sure she does.
Speaker 1: Don't hang up, but everybody make sure you're following Ring my Bell with an with A with an L, ring my Bell with an E, ring.
Speaker 4: My Bell Co. On Instagram. And we're going to start giveaways and things like that too, you know. But like I said, we will not be posting the time that the housewives will be at our booth. You have to order for that because we are.
Speaker 2: Not We'll have to have the appointment. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't want to stampede and we want to really like VIP experience, and you're not going to get that if it's a whole you know, cluster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, good, all right, So everybody go to ring my Bell dot Co with an E on Instagram and you'll see all the information there about how to sign up. And I will see you at Bravo kN as well.
Speaker 4: Ring my bell dot com book your appointments and our instagram is at ring my Bell Co. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You'll see all the housewives there and all the gorgeous pictures and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thank you so much. It was lovely to meet. Thank you so much, and I can't wait to see you soon.
Speaker 2: I know I'll see you next week