Speaker 1: We get to check out, let's see, how would look at the lights and everything? You're to sit here and twist all this stuff. Oh, it's another SDH on the road.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 1: Maybe if I sit back a little bit, I don't know, we'll see what happens, because that if I do that, that might be an improvement for you guys, but not for me because I kind of need to see. So, greetings from my hotel room. And yesterday thanks to Jason for filling in and then so it was a and this will be opening kickoff. When we get around to it, we'll discuss what happened yesterday away from the studio space. And that's why we're here in a hotel room somewhere in between the tournament that's going on right now and office HD. So we're gonna we'll talk about that a little bit. Here's the rundown for today. Our number two obviously is the Power Hour, as it always is with Nino and Nico. I have put out the Sirens song. So I have asked our buddy from Gold TV, Nino Torres, what are we talking about? I imagine we're going to be talking about Robertadores, probably a little baseball all points in between, so we'll get into that with Nino coming up in our number two. Obviously, we'll wrap up the show in the last half hour ish with our buddy Nico Modano from Pulso Sports and we'll find sounder at heart and we get to find out about him lobbing water balloons on every Monday.
Speaker 2: Sorry it scorches.
Speaker 1: It's not water points because if it was water balloons and if it was scorches, they cancel each other out. But all right, so we'll get it's Nino and Nico and out number two as it always is. It's US an hour number one, catching up on all the news from overnight and there's stuff to discuss, stuff to you know, kind of ruminate about a little bit tomorrow morning. By the way, it is a very very stacked show for a bunch of different reasons. Tom Soon and Birmingham Legion have separated. There they are no longer a couple. So Kaylor Hodges is going to come in and bat lead off tomorrow to discuss the parting of the ways of Tom Sohn Birmingham Legion, what it means for Legion going forward, USL Championship, all that kind of stuff. He'll bat lead off tomorrow, see if we can catch up with our friends at Beyond Goals menering if they're not traveling the planet do that at nine point thirty. Brad Feldman, the Voice of the New England Revolution, is going to join us at ten point fifteen in the Hour of Chaos tomorrow and we'll get you ready for the weekend coming up there.
Speaker 2: Remember it is a.
Speaker 1: Two fifty five kick, I think because it's on Big Fox, it's on over the ear television, so that'll be a little bit different tomorrow, sorry, on Saturday with Atlanta and the Revs. But so Friday morning, Kayler Hodges from the USL Show, hopefully our friends from Beyond Goals entering Freddy free Kick, Brad Feldman, voice of the Reds at ten fifteen and the rest of the time we get to preview the weekend today once again, you know, and Nico in the Power Hour now number two, and we'll get caught up with everything that happened in the overnight. Obviously we got to talk about Vancouver. Obviously, we got to talk about Messy and Friends and what happened against LAFC. We'll go over some of the stats and they are staggering when you think about this match, and if you have a way to go back and watch this match, I would recommend it because it was that insane and as the temperature continued to increase in the match, the minutes started to rack up. It literally was out of totally. It was a match that was totally out of control in a good way for those of us who were the casuals of the analysts that were watching it. But yeah, it was a match that was out of control. So we'll talk about Messi and Friends in LAFC down at the Erector set. We'll talk about Vancouver late night getting a later than late goal with our buddy Tyler Terrens and Moadu. They called the match last night on FS one. And so your semifinals now in the CONCA CAF hemispheric extravaganza, white Caps and Messian Friends and it's Chrussl and Chrususil and T Grace on the other side. So h, that's what you're that's what you're looking for in Messi and Friends and all of this stuff, and pars I will get into your point is a part of the larger discussion.
Speaker 2: Pars has a.
Speaker 1: Pars has an early thought this morning discussing that there should have been reds issued in the big altercation. I know, I saw at least two from Miami didn't have the stoppage time on during the stoppage time. Well, that's two separate things, and we'll get into that as we go. So put a bookmark in that and we'll discuss that because there are a lot of talking points from the Messian Friends match last night, equally as many talking point from Vancouver and what they were able to accomplish late late, later than late.
Speaker 2: I couldn't make it.
Speaker 1: I you know, I got I was there for most of it and then I just hit a wall. So we're all gonna learn about it together, you know. Here in our number one. Okay, the rest of the rundown today it is Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Union two and Atlanta United two. That's on the network.
Speaker 1: That is tonight pregame show before seven o'clock, probably something six forty five ish. We'll hear from Steve Cook, Will He'll we'll hear from Salma Safero, and we'll also hear from the Philadelphia Union side of things too. Getting into this matchup in Chester kick off a little after seven o'clock here on the network at soccer down here dot mixloer dot com. Go to the mixlert app. You can also follow soccer down here and SDH two. Follow them both because there might be some days, especially in the playoffs coming up on the high school side of things, where we're in two two two places at once, So make sure that you when you're on the Mixler app, follow soccer down here. Follow soccer down here too, and also you can go through our website soccer down here dot net. There's the listen tab. You click the listen tab and then there are sirens I think that are attached when there's something that's going on live, So you can catch up with us there either at the homepage at dot net, Mixler app, soccer down here dot mixler dot com. You can go to a bunch of different places and follow follow there. So tonight, once again a little before seven o'clock pregame show, probably something six forty five ish. Like I said, we'll hear from Atlanta United to head coach Steve Cook, Salmasafaro and from the Philadelphia Union getting ready for this matchup. It's going to be a skeleton crew for Atlanta United two tonight. That much we do know, and so it will be intriguing to see how it looks to see how it's going to be uh for Atlanta United two in this matchup. It'll be a great challenge for the tuesdanight as they go up and take on Union two here on the network. Then tomorrow it is where are we tomorrow's Denmark and South for Scyth. So Denmark and South for Scyth, the doubleheader at South for Scyth, and we wanted to thank Coach Gravitt and everybody up there at South for Scyth for letting us come and crash. We're already setting our schedule up for next week. A lot of folks are out for spring break. I'm hoping they answer their emails, so we'll see what happens there. We know where we'd like to go, and so we'll sit there and we'll line all this stuff up for next week. We're already starting to do that. Last week of the regular season is next week. In high school soccer, Aaron Paul, the head coach at Morgan County, is going to join us for soccer's in session on Wednesday of next week and we'll lay it all out there and we'll kind of get you ready for the playoffs and the playoff push. Maybe a little bracketology that'll be on Soccer's In Session, presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. That's Wednesday at noon. Wednesday at noon, Soccer's In Session and we'll catch up with all of that stuff there. So I think all of our events are covered. I think I think I've got everybody okay. So that's kind of what's going on all right. Opening Kickoff brought to us buy our friends at kick Off Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. And like I said, Abby, I finally figured it out. I finally figured it out at least to do it somewhat less intrusively. There's your QR code for those of you who are hanging out with us. However you're hanging out with us this morning, whether it is on the whether it is on the Twitch, whether it is on the two hundred and eighty Kickter app, or whether it's live here on our YouTube channel, you hit that QR code takes you to Kickoff Coffee and kickof Coffeeco dot com. Then when you check out, what you do is you use the code soccer down here fifteen get fifteen percent off your purchase thing. In turn, take ten percent reinvest it into youth games, youth initiatives from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. So you dispose of that and then you bring that back in. See, I'm almost getting there. I'm almost getting there. When it comes to figuring out all these things, literally it's like once a week I discovered something new and Jason's likel already knew that. Yeah, you hit this button, hit this button, hit this button, and for me it's like revelations. But anyway, all right, so opening kickoff, yes yesterday, I was not here the boss and I went to the golf tournament that is. Let's see, so if we're here and lay things out, I'm trying to go east.
Speaker 2: So east is that way?
Speaker 1: So we went that way a distance and went to the course yesterday that is hosting the first major of the year, or I guess if you include the players, well the players really isn't a major. But anyway, first major major of the year. We went that way a couple hours yesterday and when we were trying to determine twelve years by the way, in the lottery to finally get tickets for this particular event. And when we were trying to figure out how to go, we were like, okay, we probably should break up the drive, considering from Office HD to the tournament location it's a hall. And so we figured, Okay, what we'll do is we'll break it up, we'll kind of catch it somewhere at least on the way that's not nine thousand dollars a night. Then we'll stay and then we'll drive in and then we'll drive back. And so we did that with some very very close friends of ours. For those of you that watched the college football content on the other side of the aisle over to do OSG Sports, it's my buddy Phil Canter and his wife Michelle. We all went, and we all trekked about five and a half miles of walking yesterday and we're feeling it today, by the way, but we went. And so we're in between Office HD and we're between there and the tournament location, and.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to figure out what I can say, what I can't say, because you don't want folks to get mad at you, so yesterday, it was spending. It wasn't like spending a whole lot of timeline. We spent a lot of time at the seventh hole on the par three tournament, watched a lot of the groups come by, and Gary Player and a lot of the big names come by, and went down to amen corner, took some pictures. You can take a camera, a still camera with you. You cannot take electronic devices with you on the course. So if anybody tried to reach out to me yesterday, there was a period of time between say nine thirty and four o'clock where this was in a car turned off, so that's had to stay in the car. And so it was going out on the course and literally taking one of those old school wind up cameras. Literally we take one of those old school wind up cameras and you take that with you on the course. You take the pictures and then you go and take it separately.
Speaker 2: Developed.
Speaker 1: You cannot, under any circumstance take something like this, Oh thank you, yes, so the boss literally you had to take something like this with you on the course. You can do that during practice rounds. You can't do this during the actual tournament itself. Today Friday, Saturday Sunday. These aren't even allowed on campus. So literally we went to the Walmart here in town and pick this up. We've got like nine pictures left to take, and then we take it to the store that we bought it at, and then they take the disposable camera and then they sit there and process the photos, and at some point between now and the end of time, we'll have the photos from the round yesterday in Augusta.
Speaker 2: We hope, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: The boss is over here, she's trying to work, and so hopefully, in a perfect world we will have you know, not like triple exposed photographs or anything like that, but in a perfect world, when we take the other nine photos, which we might take on Sunday because we're having a watch party, take them on Sunday, we'll take the nine photos and then we'll get it developed and we'll see what happens. But yeah, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, you can take these on campus. You can take these onto the course. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Today, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, you can't even do that.
Speaker 2: So we got our pictures.
Speaker 1: Made, you know, the scoreboards, a couple of pictures, the big scoreboard between ten and eighteen down at Amen Corner now at the Part three tournament, you know, just all those kinds of things, So it was it was cool to go for the first time when I'm not covering the event and you're having to sit there and go, well, they run around nine thousand miles an hour. You wait for your live shots, you turn around, you go full disclosure. It's a lot different even for TV crews covering it these days. Because when I was there, I was able to do live shots along the first fairway, and one of the coolest live shots I ever got to do was when it was pouring and we had to have a tent out out by the first fairway, and literally behind me you could see the water funneling what used to be Raised Creek all the way down through the first fairway and the ninth fairway and everything because it was a torrential downpour. So to be able to walk the course as a civilian it was kind of cool. And then we turn over here real quick, since the Boss gave me the photos. Here is bag number one and here is bag number two. So yes, the Boss' the Boss's miles and points card was smoking after it left the institution yesterday and our weight was about twenty minutes to go in, get stuff, turn around and come out by the end. The egg salad sandwiches, I see, I can't do pimento cheese.
Speaker 2: I can't. So the ex salad sandwiches were great. And the peach.
Speaker 1: Ice cream sad, the Georgia peach ice cream sandwich was amazing. It's like two sugar cookies and then you had the peach ice cream in between.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And everything was completely affordable, even the Advillain the Illevi was affordable. And so yeah, today you kind of feel like you've been hit by a truck.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it was great.
Speaker 1: Uh KEPSI KEFSI is trying to guess what city I'm in. Let's see, uh Conyers. We're in Conyors. We decided to because this seems to be the line of demarcation when you're traveling out the freeway where the hotel rates don't go stupid. This is like the last city where they don't go stupid. And that we were with a lot of folks in the hotel. It was funny when we checked in and literally you see a lot of folks dressed in golf gear and we're going okay, so other folks had the idea. So yeah, this this, this particular establishment.
Speaker 2: Is uh is.
Speaker 1: It was stacked with golf golf fans and golf golf folk. So it was it was. It was inexperienced us. It was fun. Hadn't been in a long time and had never been as a civilian, could never really enjoy it. But you know, it was fun yesterday. Once again thanks to Jason for filling in and making sure that everything went as it did with Tyler and with Dylan. And I'm sure I've got to go back and watch the show and see if there were any arrows slings and arrows thrown my way for being at that particular tournament down the road as opposed to not being on the show. But that is the next that's the next couple of the next couple of shows. Today we catch up on all the news Nino and Nico on Hour number two tonight at Lanta United to Philadelphia Union two from Chester, Pennsylvania. Will have that call, like I said, little before six, little before seven o'clock for pregame seven oh three, Kick and Jason will have the call for you there. Then tomorrow Kaylor Hodges on tom Son being dismissed by Birmingham Legion. Maybe the Friday free Kick with our friends from Beyond Girls menering Brad Feldman, the voice of the Revs at ten to fifteen tomorrow to talk Revs and then the rest of the show, Getting you ready for at Lanta and New England Revolution on your Friday Friday once again, Denmark and South for Scythe presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente to continue next to last week of the regular season in high school soccer. Okay, that's opening kickoff rod to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com and we go to the design page here once again. Here's your QR code for those of you who are hanging out with us on the video side of things, and hit that QR code you can go and get your all of your stuff involving Kickoff Coffee. Don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested Youth Games, Youth Initiative. Stuff they've ear marked is cool. Our friends at Kickoff Coffee and kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. All right, let me get through the other promos and let you know what else is going on here. Once again, you can get your first ever SDH jersey once again thanks to our friends at Kaiser Permanente Kaiser Permanente on the Front Beyond Goals on the Sleeve, Soccer for Good on the Sleeve. Proceeds from that purchase at Olive and York go to Soccer for Good campaign here in twenty twenty five. Also, don't forget the Marshall Island Soccer Project. The Kickstarter campaigns up and running and it is trying to make sure that their idea for the Outrigger Challenge Cup at John Brown University in Northwest Arkansas in the middle of August will happen. If you are inclined, go to the Kickstarter campaign and contribute to that because it'll be an entire week of Marshall Islands, Guam, Turks and Caicos and the American Virgin Islands, I believe, trying to come together and determine the winner of the first ever Outrigger Challenge Cup involving our friends from the Marshall Islands. I'm not standing in my normal I'm not sitting in my normal seat, but if I was, I would be motioning to the door to my right as you're watching the door to your left where the scarves are. I've got about ten before I have to go and reorder a new batch, which is always a good thing. So you don't have your scarves if you order everything from the Marshall Islands folks. Everything else comes from England. The scarves come from us because Mattie modeled them and so they're local and so that way, once again, you order a Marshall alland Scarford comes from me ordering all the other stuff and it can going to the Kickstarter campaign goes directly to them over in England, so you have that. You can go to the store that we have at Soccer down here dot net. You can get all your sdhgear with the new logo, plus a couple of old teams that are among the Daily Departed that Jason has retrified and remodeled, and you can also pick up that gear as well. And I'm trying to think if there's anything else. Oh, the Finati cos membership Soccer down Here. You can go to group dot chant dot fan slash Soccer down here, slash join soccer down a group dot chant dot fan slash soccer down here, slash join ten bucks a year, ten bucks a year, and you get to be a part of our Fanati coos. And what you get with all of that stuff you get discounts in and around this or any other planet. With everybody that has attached, the list continues to grow with the folks that are associated with us, with our chant app and the Finati coast and all the places where you can have all kinds of really cool discounts, including the Maxie Hotel if you're looking for a hotel, food and beverage discounts, and the Chateau aren all in Costa Rica where you can stay there at a discount and you can watch Costa Rican football. You can just watch Costa Rica. So group dot chant, dot fan slash soccer down here, slash joint. So that is I think that's the rundown of everything, unless and then I'll talk to we'll talk about Finatis when our buddy, you know, Torres comes in in our number two. Okay, last night it was nuts in concor Caff and the Concacaf Hemispheric Extravagance. It was absolutely crazy, and I mean that in the best way possible, because it was completely and totally out of control. At points, folks are in, folks are out, one team's in, one team's out. It's all over the board and you're trying to figure out who's going to be in the final for So we'll go backward and start with what happened with Vancouver and with their late night in downtown Mexico City. It was one of those where you just you're absolutely spent, I think really by the end of the evening and trying to determine, Okay, what does my bracket look like, why is my bracket busted? And what in the wide world of sports happened? Late Lake goal later than Lake goal in the quarterfinals on the second leg, it was a goal by Sebastian Burholter, very very cheeky, that gave them the lead, meaning Vancouver one nil four minutes later. It's even. So it's one one at the break and right there you're looking at Okay, it might be an extra ninety, it might be an extra thirty minutes, might be going to Pks. Then Pusseto scores in the eighty eighth, Pumas is up three, They're up two to one in the night, three to two in the aggregate. Then Tristan Blackman scores at ninety plus three and it ends up with Vancouver two to two on the night, three to three and aggregate winning on away goals. And so you have Vancouver the team that will not die. And like I said, we'll talk to our buddy Nico Moreenno Moreno in our number two about it and a little bit more in depth. But right now Vancouver advances scoring at ninety plus three. Tristan Blackman once again sets Vancouver literally they are the team that will not die. Vancouver will not die. And so we're gonna find out what it is that's different about this particular group now that Vanny Sartini started and now it's right where you are in the semifinals of the Conka CAF Hemispheric Extravaganza. Then go going to the first leg of the first match of the night Messi and friends in Los Angeles. I had an anticipation. I figured that LAFC would have problems in the building on the road, playing at the Erector Set in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. By the time it was over three to one, on the night three to two in the Anger aggregate, Aaron Long scored in the ninth minute to give LAFC the lead, and everybody's sitting there going, WHOA is it going to be LAFC working their way through because the defense, once again from Messi and Friends is somewhat suspect, and you have people who are crazy. We'll get into that in a second. So then Messi scores in the thirty fifth, Noah Allen scores in the sixty first, and then on one of the most ridiculous penalties that you will see the confidence, the swagger, the filthiness that is associated with it, Messi from the spot sent Hugo Laris a Boca guests completely wrong, and Messi went off speed and went to Lauris's left as Lauris dove to his right. Three to one on the final three to two and Anger get Messi and Friends have the comeback and they advance into the semifinals. So pars I know and let me get into the match. Stats here shots on target eight each shots total nineteen shots for Messi and Friends last night, compared to thirteen for LAFC. Possession was two to one. Messi and Friends they're the ones who are having to chase. You know, Lafc's like, hey, we got to lead the ninth minute. It's all yours. I don't want it. You can play with it and do whatever you need to do. Fouls twenty seven fouls called on the night, sixteen of them called on Messi and Friends. Eleven called on LAFC. Yellow cards five on the night, three to LAFC, two to Messi and Friends. And like I said, Pars, this is the point that I do want to discuss as we get into the matches here in general. Three off sides on the night, nineteen cornerkicks ten to LAFC, nine to Messi and Friends. Eight saves by oscar Ustari. That's the first point. Eight saves by oscar Ustari last night. Eight like seven on your way to eight, but not quite nine. Eight saves from oscar Ustari last night. That's why he was brought in in addition to the injuries from Drake Callendar. But what you needed was an established keeper, an experienced keeper that would be with you in these kinds of situations like last night where you're when they know international competition, they know what it means to grind out a win in a night like this. Eight saves from Oscar Ustari last night. Insane lineups to start Ustari and your defenders. So it was like a you know, I love how it's it's listed as a four four two. But you had five defenders. You had your wing backs that were used to seeing Jordia Alba marauding up the left hand side, Yannick Bright up the uh up the right hand side in the three five too, Cellow again, Maximiliano Falcone, Noah Allen, Jeordie Alba, Janik Bright, that was your your back five and Maxie Falcone at times. I mean, I don't I don't know that Falcolm, I just I don't know. I mean, he he was, he was out there where the buses don't run sometimes when he was trying to defend LAFC. And yeah, so you just kind of you're trying to struggle for words to say in a situation like this, just because the game was so insane, and then you had players who were acting insane inside a game that was insane, if that makes any sense. Midfielders Segovia and uh Federico Rodondo. Rodondo probably could have had two yellows at one point, this match probably should not have finished eleven be eleven, but it did. Forwards obviously a Suarez Messi and today Oi Ende and Louis Suarez at times looked like the Wille Defoux character in Platoon at the end and when he was going down trying to get fouls. And again, I guess the mass confrontation rule once again was something that was kind of optional in being administered by the officials if they wanted to. So Miami advances, Vancouver advances, and so that's where that's where we are with the Conca Calf hemispheric extravaganza. So let me get to Pars's point. Let me get to Pars's question here. So Pars should have been reds issued after the big altercation, and this is the one at the end, I'm guessing Pars, this is the one you're talking about, the one at the end. Two for Miami didn't add stoppage time on stoppage time, Yeah, I think that both staffs for both LAFC and for me SC and friends. I'm sure that there were ears full that were given to this officiating crew. And probably on Monday, this the match, like what we saw last night, is probably gonna be homework for Bart for Monday, because once again, mass confrontation. It's a construct. It's just like, yeah, it's there for a rule, but I'm still waiting, frankly, for any center ref in any competition in this hemisphere to finally sit there and just start going bang bang bang bang bang down the line, you know, do do the clear out and if no one clears out, then it's like card card, card, card card. I'm waiting for that. And like I said, that's why I think that it ends up as some kind of a loose construct.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's something that we talked about with Bart on Monday as a rule where it's supposed to be just or a captain designee as to what you're what you're staring at when it comes to having something like this happen in a match. And then when you have a lot of South American players who are used to playing either in international competitions or in leagues in South America that run a little hot, they're used to being able to sit there and come in front of the ref, say their peace, get it off their chest, influence the ref as they should or if they feel they should, and then move on with their day. You got a lot of that last night, and I literally got to a point to where I was screaming at the television about you know where, where's the you know, where's the backup?
Speaker 2: Where are the cards? You know?
Speaker 1: Where is all of this? It did not exist last night. So then to Pars's second point in this discussion Miami, at one point this is Pars had five players form the ref. Not sure if that's a rule in the Cup like MLS. I mean, it's Bart backed me up in the chat. It is a It is an It is a law of the game. If I'm not mistaken, I know that in Major League Soccer you're not supposed to do that, but uh, if I'm not mistaken, it's a law of the game. Just used to bullying the refs, and that is and that's the point is that the you know, Pars to your point, they are used to doing that in international competitions or in their league competitions in other countries. So it is it is a part of their DNA, It's a part of their development, much like trying to draw the foul and being overly dramatic about it. That that is their thing, that is their stick that is, that is part of their their DNA on the field as to who they are. Bart Tiers naturally were burning after what happened in the Messi and Friends match last night, no real surprise and Abbey, yes it does need to be enforced, but to your point at yes, pro refs need some hutzpa. And for those not aware, the term hutzpa is basically a Yiddish term for grapefruits, cojones or however you wish to refer to activity below the beltline for a male. They do, and the and the idea attached to it. Being with Messi and Friends is just as much psychological as it is an implementation of the rules of the game. Think about it, and Parcel, I'll get to your devil's advocate here in a second. Think about it this way. If you are a center ref in a match involving Messi and Friends, do you want to be the guy who gave either a yellow or a double yellow to one of the Gulf Stream Galacticos in a fit of yelling end or rage that forced.
Speaker 2: The Pink and Black to play with less than eleven.
Speaker 1: I know, I know that we think about something like this as being somewhat silly, but and you know, rules, rules or rules, they need to be enforced. Yes, but look at it from the psychological makeup of the argument. Do you center ref want to be the guy who popped the card out and went, you know, bang bang bang to Busquets, Suarez, Alba, Maxie Falcone. I mean, seriously, you name anybody on that roster last night. They were more than happy to uh confront the ref at any given moment. And it is a it is for the the younger players Kramowsky, Noah Allen, those kinds of things they're around, these veteran players, and it is a learned behavior.
Speaker 2: For both. You know, for your own soccer DNA. Do you want to be that center?
Speaker 1: And like I said, I'm not attaching any kind of logic to it, but in the sense of the game in and of itself, do you want to be known as the guy that gave yellow red whatever double yellow to Suarez, to Busquetz de Jeordia, Alba, to the Gulf Stream Glacticos to any of those players in that situation? Do you want to be known as that guy? Do you want to jeopardize? And like I said, I'm not looking at this logically, I'm just looking at it from the psychology of the incident. Do you want to be do you want to possibly jeopardize future assignments for yourself by not giving cards in that situation you know where you're specifically, I'm talking about crowding the referee. That's the kind of stuff that these folks think about. They think about their jobs, they think about job future, they think about continuing to get these kinds of assignments in Conca cap and the Hemispheric Extravaganza and possibly getting Club World Cup possibly. You know, how do you handle a match? That is part of the DNA of this argument and pars to your point about what happened late. Actually, well, here, let me go to your devil's advocate point. If they all of a sudden enforce it, and then isn't that an issue meaning that the rule hasn't been implemented that way and it would cause even more issues against pro Yet there's the whiplash effect of the term you're not doing it, you're not doing it, you're not doing it, and then back all of a sudden, you know, it's like, well, you weren't enforcing it then, and now you're enforcing it.
Speaker 2: So there's always that one eighty yes that's.
Speaker 1: Attached to it. But to to your point, pars the light and the incident late in the match, First and foremost, it was a nasty shot on Messi, nasty shot that should have been a card. And it was on the on the initial contact that was a nasty shot. The fact that his players instantly came to his defense. I give them a boatload of credit for dude, hit our star. You know, Marlin, you know body checks Messi. Messi hits the turf, and then you instantly have you know, thirty eight players from Messi and friends come and start, you know, start the coming together that they did. That I give the full credit for. You didn't just let the incident lie. You know, you were you're you're your guy got hit by a pitch. Your your star batter got hit by a pitch, and so uh, pitcher walks up and it's like, what do you want?
Speaker 2: What do you want done? Then you get that happened.
Speaker 1: The players came up and they answered the call after their star got bumped out by Marlin. Like I said, Marlin that that was a yellow to me. So the players come in. You have the coming together, they're pissed LAFC players come together, and it turns into this big scrum of I want to say, at least ten players, five on each, ten twelve somewhere in there. And I'm and I'm building to my point here philosophically, and once again, you know, Bart, your ears made might have been burning about this whole thing. But in that instance, I will give the center ref. I will give him a thumbs up. And I know you're sitting there going, dude, what are you talking about? Why are you giving him a thumbs up? Here's why, Because in that situation late in the game, I don't think you want it to completely and totally degrade to where it is just out of control. You want the game to finish eleven v.
Speaker 2: Eleven.
Speaker 1: You were in the eighty eighty seven to eighty eighth minute. I thought that the center f navigated it well, and it was done to the point to where you know, okay, you let them get it out of their system and at the end of the day it would have been washes or it would have been And I know that there are a lot of us that want to sit there and go, yeah, there's a crapload of cards and all this kind of stuff, and that's that's what we were That's what you should have been looking at. But I think at that point, I think it was navigated properly. Sesel almost Palozzuelos from Mexico and the Mexico crew, I thought they navigated that situation properly. It's like, look, at the end of the day, Marlin gets a yellow for the initial contact with Messi. That's what should have happened. That I get everybody else coming together, Miami's coming to Sorry, Abby, I'm sorry Messi and friends come together to protect Messi. LAFC comes together to protect Marlon and make sure that their interest is being hurt as well. So the fact that it was five on five instead of giving ten yellow cards or twelve yellow cards at the end of the day to everyone who is in that scrum yet did get out of control. But at the end of the day, you're late in the match and you want the match to end. Eleven v eleven. I thought the match was navigated at that point. I thought it was navigated opera. I know that we're gonna sit there and we're all going to go back and forth on it and go, yeah, you should have given everybody every card in a book and go bang bang bang on the confrontation with each other, not with the center f So I'll say the initial card to Marlin was right, But then everybody coming together, I get it because you're trying to protect your guy and come to the defense of your guy. So I'm like, fine, separate, get it out of your system, go away, finish the rest of the match. If from that point it had gone completely sideways, and there were some folks out there that had, you know, had really had their moments about it going completely sideways, then I would have continued to you know, bang bang bang bang bang. I would have done that at that point. I would have been a blackjack dealer. If it had gone out of hand past that point. You did end up getting to yet another yellow for LAFC at ninety plus three. But I think in the grand scheme of things, I think that the temperature of the match, which was already elevated, I think that it was diffused enough for that short period of time by the ref crew from Mexico. It's like we're done. It's like, do you get it out of your system?
Speaker 2: Okay? Cool? Grade.
Speaker 1: Fine, you're done. You don't have to worry about any more cards. So that was I thought that the confrontation after they hit on MESSI, I thought that was navigated properly. Like I said, that was just like I said, this is my view, and I know that we're gonna have conversations about stuff like this. There are moments where I think where mass confrontation is concerned, and this is one team around the ref that you've got to sit there and you've got to do the back them up, and then you start going blackjack Dealer Bart Laws of the Game three point one zero. Each team must have a captain on the field to play the team captain has no special status or privileges, but has a degree of responsibility for the behavior of the team. Much and so MLS has the the the captain and the designee, but laws of the game degree of responsibility for the behavior of the team. But if the captain acts in a certain way, if his thought pattern is elevated, if his emotions are elevated, and he sees an opening in influencing the center f the other players will act in concert. And so you see that with Messi and friends with their with their confrontation personality. It's not necessarily a policy, but it's just how they're It's a part of their collective DNA and how they wish to address things. But the larger question here that Abbey brings to the table is one that we constantly talk about. What do the bosses of the ref say and how are they instructing them? That is probably the million dollar question. What are their bosses saying? What is the analysis? And I think at the end of the day, Abbey, I think what the bosses at CONCACAFF are saying will be determined by this crew. And if this crew ended up getting any more assignments, I think that would be that would be the be all end all in all of this. Is this reffing crew getting more assignments or was this one the last one that they got of a match of this import a conca CAFF Hemispheric extravagan is a quarterfinal Leg two that was as heated as it was. Are they going to be put in this situation again? That's the larger question, and I think that that at the end of the day is the analysis of this crew. How are they seen in the eyes of their superiors that the league, do they get another assignment like this or are they going to sit there meaning Conker caf and go yes, this was managed properly. That I think is the larger element here in all of this. And to Bars's point, isn't it also good leadership from the top players in quotation marks to respect the rules that are bettering the game that you love. Yes, But at the same time, in a competition that is as heated as this is, or Champions League, any competition that involves the betterment of the hemisphere, and you know who's the champion of a great geographic swath, you're going to find an opening and you're going to have gamesmanship. So you so part of your leadership is in fact gamesmanship. It's just how it is. You're going to try and figure out if the if the deck and the shoe have any characteristics, does the uh does the shoe crimp a particular card? When you're trying to play poker, that's what you're looking for. You're looking for that advantage, and so that's that's kind of what you're staring at when it comes to gamesmanship and leadership, and sometimes they're one and the same. Bart Once again, I FAB will make the modification this summer, which will be the guidelines to apply the principle in quotation marks apply the principle of only the captain approaching the refereence specific situations. So MLS is a little ahead of the curve, but it looks like IFAB is going to be coming around the corner with it, Oh, no question. And then well and then you have, uh, yeah, you have Brad getting shoved by Leo Campana and then Luis Suarez coming in and you know, running his mouth and pointing and being right in front of him. Brad knows how to handle that kind of stuff. But what I would have liked in that situation last season is I would have liked to have seen some teammates, not that Brad can't defend himself, but much like you saw last night, I would have liked for some folks to come back and you know, maybe handle hand a receipt to either Campangna, do you know Mike comes week here or Luis Suarez. Remember three hundred and sixty six days the Detroit Red Wings hung on to Claude Lemieux and what he did in the Red Wings Avalanche series. Claude Lemieu's hit the first time around, Detroit waited three hundred and sixty six days for their receipt. When Darren McCarty beat the ever loven Ish out of Claude Lemieux, Lemieux turtled and ended up skating off the ice. Receipts don't have to be immediate in a perfect world, they do exist. But it's the right time to come up with that receipt, that's the big question. Yeah, the shoving of Goose was ridiculous. No, absolutely, no pars absolutely nothing wrong with pointing it out, nothing wrong at all. That's what we're here for.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: A couple of the numbers from last night, and this is courtesy of our friends at Sofa Score.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 1: By the way, Lionel Messi punched a nine point two last night. Everybody else was in the sixes and sevens. Oscarw storry for what he did. He had an eight point eight. So we'll go through some of the numbers. Last night, Messi punched a nine point two. Here's his stat line from last night that once again reminds us that he is not of this planet. Played the full nine. He had the two goals, four shots on target, two shots blocked, four successful dribble attempts, eighty four touches, seventy one percent passing in that chaos, and twenty nine to forty one. So basically for every second touch there was a pass from Messi last night, seven seven, seven key passes seven. I cannot remember the last time that someone had a number that high. I legitimately key passes. You know, you're like two to three, seven seven key passes last night. That's insane. Four crosses, one long ball, ten of nineteen on his ground duels. Once again, I can't think the last time that I saw a number that high, the insanity that's attached to that. Fouled five times and had one tackle, but seven key passes last night from Liono Messi. That is ridiculous. BLUs Oscar's story on the night. Eight saves, two punches to add to that one run, I claim seven shots from inside the eighteen, eight saves from inside the eighteen thirty five touches eleven to fourteen passing and seventy nine percent seventy nine percent for a keeper in passing on thirty five touches three of six on his long balls, four clearances on the night Oscar's storry in eight point eight. That's why he's there. It might be Drake Callender and Roco rios Novo, which will probably be this weekend. Set your fantasy teams accordingly, but it's not. It's like last night while they brought in oscarw Storry, silly, silly, silly, stupid, ridiculous. Some of the stats last night from Messi and friends.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look at.
Speaker 1: Maxi and this was the the back line last night. It started Jeordie Alba once again. Anyway, Jordi Alba, Manchello wagand Maxi Falcone, Noah Allen. They're claiming it's like it was listed as a four four two, But we know that Alba likes to run up the left hand side. We know that cell awaygand is not really a right back at least in name and or deed. Maxi Foulcone, who had a yellow last night, there were times where he just like you know, Maxi Falcone. Two clearances, three picks, two total tackles, won, dribble pass, two of seven on his ground, duels, four of five in the air, so six of twelve in the night, three fouls eighty three touches ninety percent, passing sixty one of sixty eight, two long balls, one shot off target, and you just you look at this and you're going, he's nuts, absolutely crazy. Pars once again to the point about the rest with the big push of treating refs better. Right now, I don't think allowing this behavior at the top levels helping.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: But you're going to continue to do a learned behavior until the extreme event knocks it out you. It's just how it's going to be. Let me say hide everybody. I haven't said hide everybody this morning morning, Abby.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah. Now Kesey.
Speaker 1: Kesey was trying to figure out what city I was staying in. Initially Thompson. You could not get it. You could not get an inexpensive hotel room in Thomson. You could not get an inexpensive hotel room in Greensboro or Madison. Literally, we kept going from Greensboro, Madison to Covington and had to settle in Conyers just because of price. But still it got us out of the city, got us outside the perimeter, and everything was fine. But yeah, you could not you can't get a cheap hotel room in Thomson this week. You can't get a cheap hotel room in Covington, or in Madison or in Greensboro. At least in Conyers they're manageable. And in Kevsi, I'm trying to recover from all of the flora and fauna that we were.
Speaker 2: Dealing with yesterday.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, So morning, Pars, morning, Kesi, Morning, Harry morning, Locaville, morning Bart, yet Bart, My ears were burning all night. Let's see so Abbey and Pars and Bart and in morning Emilio and let's see. And I think that catches everybody up on the twitch pitch, and obviously thanks to everybody who's been hanging out with us and has been sorting through the chaos as we are. Miami is a team. Last night punched a seven point three on Sofa Scorbadhus, Starry's eight point eight and linl Messi's nine point two going up against everyone else. Hugo Laurise, by the way, Hugo Luise, I think Hugo Laurise, even though he had six saves last night, I think he's going to be once again living in nightmares dealing with Messi. Considering what happened in the world cup and considering what happened last night the penalty, you're thinking, Okay, Messi's gonna wind and fire and it's going to be you know, it's going to be through every it's going to be like the Isaac McAdoo PK that was taken in season three of Ted Lasso. Nope, Messi does the run around and he's analyzing it like, you know, like the Denzel Washington character in the Equalizer, and uh, it's literally he is. He's sorting it out and he's looking at the room and then he hits his watch, you know, thirty seconds. It's like he figures out, Okay, how long is it going to take me to get out of this space, hits the watch, grabs the fork, throws the fork into the electrical outlet, shorts out the restaurant.
Speaker 2: You know, boom boom, boom boom boom. Game over.
Speaker 1: With what happened in that penalty last night, you could tell. And the close up was great, the camera work that was there for that matchup at the Erector set, you see Messi analyzing in his brain. He's looking down at the ball like he takes one peek at Lurise, doesn't even look at Lurise more than maybe a half a second, and then he decides he's going to go change up. Literally he goes change up. Lurise is diving to his right at a high rate of speed and the ball is just looking looks like the balls at sixteen are, you know, at sixteen speed on a turntable. Not quite Panenka, but it was an off speed. There was insane what was.
Speaker 2: Done last night.
Speaker 1: I think that Hugo Larisse is gonna have nightmares with that particular penalty kick coming up throughout the rest of his natural born life. Six saves, one punch, two saves inside the eighteen forty eight touches. And here's the difference Hugo Loreise last night, or one of the differences anyway, Hugo Lareise last night, twelve of thirty four passing thirty five percent on forty eight touches, where Oscar Ustari was almost perfect eleven to fourteen versus twelve to thirty four. Four of twenty five on long balls last night for Hugo Larese in Steve Tarundelo's system for LAFC one clearance, and that's it, four of twenty five on long balls.
Speaker 2: That is an insane number.
Speaker 1: Six saves and an off speed pitch where he completely and totally fell victim to anything and everything that was attached to Lionel Messi on the PK. So that that's your uh, that's your rundown of the Conka calf who unreal, unreal, unreal, unreal. So Vancouver advances on away goals two to two on the aggregate. They went on away goals, they advanced, and then Miami three to one over Los Angeles. That is actually the score that I had, that was three to one. But as it turns out, I thought it was gonna finish eleven v ten.
Speaker 2: It didn't.
Speaker 1: I was close, but I did get the final I did get the final score right for the for the one night. It'll never happen again. Guarantee you that will never happen again, that I will end up with the proper score on any on any of this. But anyway, so there you go. That's your that's your rundown. Final four is now set in the CONCACAF Hemispheric Extravaganza, and we are reminded about Lionel Messi as and I know we have our debates. Messi Ronaldo whomever. For those of us that are team Messi, it reinforced it last night, what Lionel Messi means to the sport and what he's done with the sport. Coming up in a couple of minutes, it's gonna be our buddy in Neo Torres from Peru. Provided he has a voice, that's the largest question. Does he have a voice, then what does he sound like when he.
Speaker 2: When he's rolling through? All right?
Speaker 1: Now, once again, let's go through gossip Brumer and Nenu Windo, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? Once again, our buddy Tori is going to join us here in a couple of minutes, and then Nico Moreno's going to join us at the bottom of the hour, last half hour of the show, and we'll go through everything. Concy Caf will get his thoughts on what happened in Conka Caff and then we'll go through a lot of Major League soccer and gets you ready for the weekend. After talking about the weekend that was, getting you ready for the weekend that will be. Manchester City looked to reignite their interest in Newcastle's Bruno Gimeresch. Sorry Alex as they prepare for the departure of Kevin de Bruna. Chelsea willing to pay one hundred and twenty million Euro or one hundred and two million pounds to sign Real Madrid winger Rodrigo as their star Summers signing once again Chelsea and the Sharper Image. They went everything in the Sharper Image catalog. Manchester City considering an offer between fifty and sixty million Euro for Tiani Renders from ac Milan despite the recent contract signing to twenty thirty Chelsea. Newcastle interested in Benfica and Greece Ford Evangelis Pavlitis. We will discuss for one hundred million euro eighty five million pounds, but face competition from Barsa and Atletico Madrid, arsl Oil and Liverpool looking at alternatives to Esak with the Newcastle Edaman. They're not going to sell Newcastle, Wolves and Brentford, devost On Zeres and Ivory Coast keeper Yahia Fulfana I have a potential fifteen million pounds summer move. Chelsea leading the race to sign Joe Bellingham from Sunderland, head of Manchester United, Arsenal Spurs, Bright and Crystal Palace Leeds are going to listen to offers for Elan Messilier, use the funds to choice to sign a first choice replacement. You've a willing to sell Douglas Louise in the summer, but one around forty million euros. So those are your notes. Okay, now we know it is past ten o'clock. We know what that means. That means we go to Lima, Peru and we're going to talk about everything going on on a list that I have not seen. I do it on purpose because I want to be just as a surprise at what is on this gentleman's mind, as it is every single week. So we go and we catch up with our buddy Nino Torres.
Speaker 2: Yeaho Yello Yallo, Yello.
Speaker 3: Yello yello. So the parking fans, I'm better now.
Speaker 4: My pipes are are better now this this week after you know, after that classic, all that craziness of last week.
Speaker 3: But we're fine on we're in decent shit.
Speaker 1: And I noticed that there's something hanging in the background a little bit.
Speaker 2: I know that. I know that scarf. I know that.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys, appreciate it, man, I appreciate that's the Johnny. Johnny sent me up about it. Right right next to it is the other scar. I don't know if you've seen it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, down low, I got it. He's there there it is. I I can relate.
Speaker 1: I know of which that team you speak so uh as always what we like to do.
Speaker 2: But let me go to that.
Speaker 1: Gossip point first, talking about uh hey, hey, Chelsea and Newcastle interested in Benfica Ford Evangelis Pavlitis for one hundred million euro but face competition from Barsa and Athletico Madrid.
Speaker 2: That is from record in Portugal.
Speaker 4: I don't think nor Athletical or that that's a bluff. That's a bluff, absolutely bluff for for.
Speaker 3: For my point of view, but coming.
Speaker 4: From the Premier League, possible in I want to say this and I want to I want to add a selling point to Bablidice.
Speaker 3: Is something that that.
Speaker 4: I said in December, right, because this is the story about Angele's probablys my dear John here they designed and right. He came from the Air division. He scored thirty four goals in the previous season before I riding to AFCOM.
Speaker 3: But the first half of decision he was just having a Darwin noonion is like this first.
Speaker 4: Season, I meaning that's not good because in the first season for Darwin he messed. I don't know how many shots he missed. He was outside one hundred times a week. And it was the same thing that happened to Bablidis up until December, right but.
Speaker 3: I was I was noticing something.
Speaker 4: He was tuning, he was getting closer, you know, he was getting better.
Speaker 3: And in December I said this to the Befigistas.
Speaker 4: Bebigistas, get ready for the second half of Bengele's public because this guy.
Speaker 3: Is gonna explode in the Premier League. And there you go, brother.
Speaker 4: Twelve goals in nine in twelve goals in nine games in twenty twenty five for Vangeli's That's that's the kind of striker that they went after. That's the kind of struggle that they were expecting to have, and now they're having it. And now he is at the peak of his performance in the last stretch of the campaign, which is probably the the differential even though Sporting has the all might be to Jogrish, but right now it's totally I totally get the offers, man, I totally get the offers because this guy is on fire and this is this is a.
Speaker 3: Guy that that that definitely cannot I can join.
Speaker 4: I don't wanna say a lead team. I'm gonna say it. I'm not going to say that Man United Man City can get it. But these offers I think it got will be the best fit for PA.
Speaker 1: I think okay, Like I said, I just wanted I saw that this morning, and that literally was a topic that just came sprinting across the desk and I'm like, oh, I have someone that can answer that question. And so that was why we went immediately there when it came to it. All right, So now here we go. I have I have, I have my device, I have, I have my device. I have yet to see these topics. So once again we dial in to where it says Nino Torres Goal TV on my on my WhatsApp, and we have four topics in.
Speaker 2: Addition to what we talked about.
Speaker 1: So if you would please, uh, since we're on Benfica, let me go to topic number four first. So the whole continuity thing, the brutal attack of ben Fica at the time at the title in Portugal.
Speaker 2: What happened there?
Speaker 4: They destroyed in the classical didn't it just did didn't just beat Porto, They destroyed in the classical one with a hatred for oh well from ladies hats and they put it immense pressure on Sporting that we're playing.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a wild weekend this past weekend in Portugal because we got the classical and Fica port on Sunday and with the other classical on Monday, Sporting Club versus rather the big four battling against each.
Speaker 3: Other on Sunday night soccer and in Monday night soccer and go TV.
Speaker 4: And after this, right after this massive victory for for Mpica that by the way, they got, everything is lined up Forfica RNA. Everything is lined up with they got van jallis on fire, the return of the Maria. They don't have a single starter injured, everything and everyone is healthy in Memphica. Everything is going is, everything is lined up for Parina, everything right.
Speaker 6: But Sporting had the upperhand, so they got the only thing they gotta do is to win on Monday. Just just go there at home with your fans and beat brag.
Speaker 3: They couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: They choked, They joke, they did you know they did choke and it is I was, I was upset. I remember Tuesday night because the my, my, my Portuguese friends told me this, and you know, it's all the pressure that they have from the Pickup winning the Classical.
Speaker 3: They going into the next day. I don't keep one time, all right, I was gonna say something.
Speaker 7: I don't want to give, right, da da, let me big.
Speaker 3: I care about what I can do, all right. If I gotta go out there and win, I'll do it, all right.
Speaker 4: I don't care if the pickup puts four five fifteen goals in portal that is the classic.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I gotta do my job. They do theirs.
Speaker 5: I do mine.
Speaker 3: But it's they got in their heads.
Speaker 4: It really the big tree of Evica got in Sporting his heads and they felt the pressure.
Speaker 3: And they could not deliver on Monday.
Speaker 4: And now the prailing on the table for the first time this season, the first time this season, the Sporting is behind Epica the.
Speaker 3: Mean all number one, all season long, all season long, up.
Speaker 4: Until now, and in the crucial moment and the big moment, they they choked.
Speaker 3: They choked. But there's only one there's only one one option that Sporting has.
Speaker 4: In order to get back at the top, and it's the return of Pedro and se Sports Chy. It isn't a crucial player that has been injured for like forever.
Speaker 3: Now I think it's four months already.
Speaker 4: Summary, Yeah, four months. He's back in training, he's gonna play this weekend, and if he plays for the last five games, supporting has a chance because in the the in round thirty three, it's been Peak Uppers who Sporting round three three, and then they played the next this that's the second to last game of the season. So after that, if they they get the thing is they gotta go to the Benfica's house. They gotta go to see the loose which is it is tough, but uh, you gotta go. If you want to win the title and we repeat the title for the first time in fifty years, go ahead and do it.
Speaker 1: That's that's insane when you when you break it all down like that. Speaking of insane, massive upsets in con the ball because you know we're we're we're the ones that follow along in Roberta Doris and Suit Americana. You know, we have our buddy Howard Hamilton with the Roberta Doris Show. So massive upsets. I will go ahead and say, I will ask you a question. We have four matches today, by the way, to wrap up this round the thirty two, how insane were they?
Speaker 4: I think the the the CRNA over Flamingo, I think is the biggest one of all. All right, biggest one of all because t is like, man, how do they Tampa Bay rowdies of the point like that, you know, something like that in tra Cordova beating l A f C. And and yeah, something like that. That's that's the but to give the people that context. So how how.
Speaker 5: Big this is?
Speaker 3: And it's huge.
Speaker 4: It's huge because they are in the uh the super League Argandena that, by the way, I will always criticized because of the format.
Speaker 3: There's no relegation for.
Speaker 7: I don't know how many years now and uh but still are still coming up and compete and still coming up and go to Brazil and beat the almighty Brazilians. That by the way, John, by the way, out of the last nine meetings between Argentina teams and Brazilian teams, you know how many Argentinians, how many times Argentinian.
Speaker 2: Team won zero?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they want eight of the last nine.
Speaker 7: The other way, eight of the last nine games in Brazil.
Speaker 3: In Brazil, you got Rassin, You Tracordoa, you got, forgot the other names.
Speaker 4: There's the eight matches in a row out of the last nine between Brazilian teams and Argentina teams. But again, all right, hopefully this is not just an illusion because in comic goal, in this long tournament, all right, they're always opposite in the group stage always, ye always and in the end everyone done samba with the title, with the trophy, all right, So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully this is not just another pluk or another while now that happened every fifty years or whatever, but it's something that we can see in a in a more consistent basis from now on in the tournament. Hopefully that's the case.
Speaker 3: Hopefully.
Speaker 1: Central Quarterbab, by the way, was a plus nine six three. They were basically a plus one thousand against at Flamenco. Yeah uh ninety six pa uh huh so keito no problem, Eli, keito, no problem, Bolevard no problem. Central QUARTERBAB plus nine sixty three in the composite two to one at Flamingo Paul Marris. They were a big favorite, beating Sarah portein but yeah and Nas you know, they were about the same in the numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was even any.
Speaker 2: La Sarsfield was a road favorite. Put four on Olympia.
Speaker 3: And they destroy Olympia and they fired their coach.
Speaker 4: Martin palerm is no longer the coach for Olympia after this beating.
Speaker 3: But by the way, play against hiss Uh.
Speaker 4: You know these guys from from belist the Coachloto, he's the he's the coach for from Belisarsville.
Speaker 8: Now, I remember when he was the the player for for Columbus and I won the title with Columbus, Remember Columbus one of the two the.
Speaker 3: Two titles that are.
Speaker 4: It's it's crazy to see these guys because these guys played together Martin and.
Speaker 3: Juniors and uh, the preview it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 4: It is awesome, you know to see these two guys facing each other, the friends and this is the first time that they they faced each other as coaches, first time that they met as the coaches.
Speaker 3: And with this victory, Gonna say this too, right about Beli Sarsfield, that sometimes not all the time, but sometimes.
Speaker 4: Coaches got the the most influenced in the game for a team. Because this is this is a team that was winless. This team won the championship last year in Argentina.
Speaker 3: Belisars right.
Speaker 4: So the guy from the house is who wasn't a commentary on in ESPN. He was very critic He was very hard with coaches.
Speaker 3: Brother. He went to coach and like he it's not that easy, right, brother, It's not that easy, not at all.
Speaker 4: He went all for eight, all for eight with Billie Stuthfield and it's like, Siren, I'll get out of here.
Speaker 3: I mean got they got start to win again and they're advancing in the Copa.
Speaker 4: And he completely changed the way the Belizari plays and now I don't want to say they're a candidate, but.
Speaker 3: Is going to be a tough day to beat.
Speaker 1: Let's see the others leading into today, Independent Devig they were at minus two o eight. They got the win there Winniversad. The Chile was the other underdog at the plus four twenty two who went to a Studiantes and got the win to one payny roll big favorite one by two. Both the Fogo beat Carabobo by two and Libertad was a plus side favorite beating to Sheriff's Cordoba too.
Speaker 2: Nil uh.
Speaker 1: The The last match I want to talk about is for a completely and totally superficial reason. River playton Barcelona of Ecuador. We have at SDH fallen in love with Star Second Castle because of all of his because he comes out and he's styling it. He came out in the pink tucks last time, uh in his matches. So I did not know if Start Second Castle with Barcelona of Ecuador has become the the icon, the fashion icon that we view him to be up here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like him, man, I like him.
Speaker 4: I mean he's bringing something, some personality to the silence.
Speaker 3: And it was crazy because he he he changed that style lately. Before he was just you know, we're in a.
Speaker 8: Uh just uh.
Speaker 4: A team year, you know, and yeah, and then he decided one day or you know what, I want to step up by game. I want to step up by game and uh boom, there you go, and there you have it. They call it, you know, they call him his nickname. When he wasn't player, he played for Barcelona, he was a massive he's the guy's big but they call him the.
Speaker 5: Mortar.
Speaker 3: You know, he's a cute guy. Man that's like, you know, good guy man, good guy.
Speaker 9: I like you.
Speaker 3: You see that, you see, I don't know if you see that the highlight when he.
Speaker 1: By there, he was he was in his full pink tucks with the black trim and he goes with that first touch and he just calmed the ball down and we're like, oh, stop it.
Speaker 2: That was that was some pretty sweet stuff. Okay, we have other topics. We we're we're not done, sir, We we have other topics.
Speaker 1: Uh, you mentioned Lewandowski and we haven't talked about Champions League yet. So justice for Lewandowski is topic number three for you.
Speaker 3: Uh you know what, I think, this is my mind, my p ov.
Speaker 5: He's not.
Speaker 4: He probably is the most under underrated superstar of this era because I don't think that he gets enough credit.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I don't think he gets enough credit.
Speaker 4: He's one of the top five players of the generation to score more than five hundred goals, right when you when you talk about five.
Speaker 3: Undred goals, is something huge? Is something huge?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: And at the age of thirty six, thirty six years old, now the level that he's playing, I think he has a shot to the title. And and I was I was watching yesterday and I was like, please tell your gods catches giving one Champions League for aller Lewandowski because this is his last year, to be honest, all right, I mean this is not technically his last year, but his last year, and he speaks, I don't know what's gonna happen next year thirty seven, thirty eight, but this is his year, and this is the year that he has a team the plays for a team that is strong enough, capable enough to win it all. And I know that MP went to Madvi that he's playing molding a lot because in Rodrigo Ambini and mailing them all that.
Speaker 3: But I think if it's soccer, it's fair Lewandowski should win his one and only Champions League. That's my belief. I would love to see this guy winning one.
Speaker 1: So then let me ask you about Luis and Rique and PSG. Considering that what he has been able to do with that group has you know, it has been nothing short of you know, he doesn't have any he doesn't have anymore, and I think they're probably better off for it because now they play as more of a collective and they want to.
Speaker 2: Do what Luis and Rique wants to do.
Speaker 1: Is Luis and Rique underappreciated as a as as a manager these days.
Speaker 3: But he won't already won Champions League.
Speaker 4: Man, he won't already the Champions League with the MSN, And he already got that troph beyond his cabinet, right, he already had.
Speaker 3: He already won this and PG had never won it, and they want to win it.
Speaker 5: I know they.
Speaker 3: The roster is eight hundred and million dollars. Eight hundred million.
Speaker 4: Dollars is the roster of of PG. You know who's how much is the second one in the league? On how much is the aster in the league?
Speaker 2: On slide the decimal point over a space and go like eighty.
Speaker 3: Okay, two hundred million, this is the second best? Is only pig myself?
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a beautiful story. It was retting about his his his daughter and I know that, and how he trust from the team. He already got that time, you know. And I'm telling you this, probably that be the final, if you ask me, I think probably that would be the final Barcelona PG.
Speaker 4: But I would love for Lewandowski to win this one and and the other team that I would love to win that can you know, the only team one team can win. But I would love to see Arsenal. This is gett into the finals. I think I would love to see Arsenal going to the finals. But I don't know if if Rema is gonna pull up another massive story in the Champions League. You know, Adre Vernave getting making a comeback again, destroying a team that had the older, the all the chances or their.
Speaker 3: Their hopes on the force leg result. But I think this is the last time. I don't know. I don't know if Madrid is gonna go through probably hopefully not.
Speaker 1: Uh, your last topic, And because of Jason's love of South American soccer when we used to do the Monday night show soccer over there, we we do know those are the those of us at SDH know about your topic number four. And when I looked at it and I said, Musha Gruner, I bet you never heard that before.
Speaker 2: We have. But why did you bring Musha Gruna to the table this week?
Speaker 4: Because they're they're part of the one of the biggest options from last night.
Speaker 3: They beat Cruseto, They beat Cusseto and and they mined out. I mean, this is completely this doesn't happen, brother, this doesn't.
Speaker 4: But there's a story about Bush and Bruner that I want to share with the Uh, were audience here and so mister Gruner, it's it's in an indigenous community in in in Equador.
Speaker 3: Right, So they got together and they you know what we're gonna We.
Speaker 4: Wanna make a team. We wanna make a professional team. They created this team by two three, Okay. They went through all the divisions, through all the divisions to get to the top flight division in Ecuador and they've been there like for a decade and then haven't been relegated. And their fight every single year in the in the ecuadoricalp flight division. There's there's there are from the Vision of Gouragua. That's a region that they're coming from. And uh to beat Crusado, it was just, I mean stunning, absolutely stunning. But that's the story, right, you don't it's they're the only the only team in Komobo, the only one that is from an indigenous community.
Speaker 3: It's the only single team Incombobo for an indigenous community. And that that makes it even more.
Speaker 5: Exact.
Speaker 3: This spectory of a Crusade.
Speaker 1: Plus eight sixty nine from Musha Karuna. By the way, Cruseto was a minus three twenty three in the composite. Mushakruna was a plus eight sixty nine and they got the.
Speaker 3: Two timn fifty box on fifty box on.
Speaker 1: All mean round, and you'd be you'd be showing us the you'd be showing us the the Pacific Ocean behind you from a hotel, from a hotel bar where you're getting all the fruity drinks in the long and the long leanus A big winner over melgar uh was a an underdog on the road of the plus two twenty. They beat Espanola with acan no problems and a minus two four. Palestino plus two eighteen got to win against St. Fe uh as a home dog. America to Colleen Corinthians drew at a plus one ninety seven. Go to a cruise a minus side big wins five twenty six, A win Grakas and Cinciano plus two or nine on the draw, Remeo big win, Independiente big win.
Speaker 2: What's going on with you this weekend?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: This weekend we got the Benfica Porto games, hopefully but hopefully. No, they're battling the game because they've got five more games, five games to go, and I'm I'm sorry, six six games to go, six more finals.
Speaker 3: A Santa Clada Sporting goes to the island.
Speaker 4: They're going to to the Azotis in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean to play Santa Clada a Orto.
Speaker 3: I mean, Benfica plays at Uka and on Sunday night. Sunday night, I got the biggest game of the Legua.
Speaker 4: No my beloved on your thirty report schools against the undefeated, untouchable, unbreakable Meligard that I quip up.
Speaker 3: They're six for six at the top of the standings.
Speaker 4: Right now by playing on the monumental at Nice Stadium, at our stadium, we are UNDEFEATAU for the last thirty seven games.
Speaker 3: Undefeated, right think that.
Speaker 1: Think that bang at Gold TV at our buddy at Espnino belovely, my friend, and it's great to see you, and obviously you know you can come in and hang out anytime, but we always love to see you on Thursdays and find out what's going on.
Speaker 2: Fully loaded? Uh, where where's the boss is he is?
Speaker 4: He is?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Where's tough? Is what?
Speaker 4: Actually he's kind of sick, sick. I don't know what happened. He's back there, but he's he's not feeling well. He's been thrown up. I came up from from the gym last night. I'm gon bomb its him in the place, but so gotta take him to the bed after this, so we'll see if he gets better.
Speaker 1: Okay, well take him to the vet. Know that we love the man very much. We love you very much, and don't be a stranger, and we'll see you next week, my friend. Have great calls, keep the pipes going and do good thusday and all the other good things that you can.
Speaker 2: Love you very much. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: See, I'm gonna keep an eye make sure that we've got to make sure that Toff is okay, because you know, we always we we are a prime loving for a legged animal zone here and we've got to make sure that Toft's okay. That's uh. Just make sure that everything's good to go. So keep us updated on that, if you would, please, sir. And uh but now it's uh, it's it's you know, well, like I said, it's it's cool to be able to have half hours like that with with Nino where we can literally tour the planet and we go from we go from Europe to find out what's going on in Portugal and Champions leagues. We find out what's going on with Robert Doris and Suit Americana and all the upsets. But yeah, literally a plus eight six nine and a plus nine two three you get. You put fifty bucks down on each one of those, you're in good shape. That's a good Uh what's fifty on eight twenty three? It's like it's four hundred I think four hundred plus there and then another fourth. Yeah, so you'd be up like eight hundred and fifty bucks if you just did fifty on each.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think that's how that math works. Because when we tried to do a thing with juice boxes and competitions on soccer over there, they tried to have me in charge of all the numbers and who was winning the most, and Jason pulled that away from me because I didn't know how to do the math, and so I was banned from doing the books when it came to our Pickham competitions. And so that's where it is with me and the Pickham competitions. I can't touch them anymore. Jason handles all the math there because I was doing it wrong. I know your shock, all right, So that's always great to catch up once again.
Speaker 2: Gold TV. You can get that on.
Speaker 1: Finates FNTZ dot Co SLA Soccer down here helps out the network, helps out them when it comes to their subscribers. Turns you into more of a degenerate than you possibly could have ever been, or at least get you leaning in that direction. Because you get all the b ns, you get Gold TV, you get no Estro telle cdo for the fans, uh lega one lega one max pro and I know that there's a taysay all of them. You get to watch everything going on there. You get to you get to watch all of your legal uh. You get to watch Afcon, you get to watch Portugal, you get to watch uh South American nations uh that you really can keep an eye on. And so yes, Finatis FNTZ dot Co slash A Soccer down Here gets you Finatis and you get to uh get to have live conversations with Nino on the air. Literally, you send you send him, You send the man a tweet or whatever they call in these days. You send him something on the two hundred and eighty character app while he's calling a match, and he will have a conversation with you live on the air. I've done it multiple times. And I love it when we can do it because then we can send kind of messages to each other and notes to each other and everything, and talk about the replacements and talk about any given Sunday and talk about any any anything that's on his mind, especially the match in it of itself, it's running commentary for ninety minutes when it comes to what's going on in whatever part of the world he is locked into. Recommended, get gold TV. Recommended, make sure that you get to hang out and find out that the education that we're allowed to get every single week when folks like Nino come on. And because it's not just as much as we like to talk about Major League soccer as much as we like to talk about what's going on, there's a lot going on from a worldwide perspective. And to be able to, like I said, when we have a daylight today where we can go from Lima to Seattle and talk about everything with Robertadors, SUDAMERICANAM, Major League Soccer, CONCA, CAFF all points in between, leading in all these different directions. It's really cool to be able to have these conversations on a weekly basis with all the folks that are there abby, please be safe. Oh we got oh yeah, bulletproof adventurer. Hih nine. Sorry, you're going to be removed and reported as a bot. Yeah, that's gonna happen. Uh and barts Like at least the arsenal won't have to play in a muddy, unkempt pitch in the way like the women had to in their quarter finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's another issue entirely, the the balance of play and the balance of power when it comes to venues and things. Uh.
Speaker 2: And that drives me nuts, it really does. The the uh just the.
Speaker 1: Attention to detail, I'll phrase it that way, when it comes to all of these all all of these different leagues and all these different ways that you want the game to be successful, and then you end up having to play on something that looks like chocolate pudding that's covered in grass. That's not successful. That's not how you grow the game is in having these kinds of situations. So it's not uh yeah, that is not advisable in these kinds of in these kinds of situations. But you know, you want to have the best. You want to have the best to be the best and have them in the best environments. And you know, when you when you're in when you're in environments like like what you saw in that quarterfinal tie, it just you know there's there has been some work, but you also know that there's a lot of work to do. So that's that's that's part of where we are. Okay, other stories before our buddy Nikom Mo whatdeo joins us Birmingham. Speaking of Birmingham, Birmingham City promoted in the in League One, so they're heading up to the championship. So the team that has the investment of Tom Brady is heading up to the championship. There's an update on reading and I know that probably Jess's ears, just Jessica Charman, her ears are burning when it comes to these kinds of things when we talk about them. Is it looks like that Rob Kuhig is back to being interested, back to being in talks to buy the club. Die Young now has until the twenty second to find out who the next owner is going to be. And this is Ben Fisher over at the Guardian. Rob Kuig advanced talks with Redding after resurrecting the deal to buy the club, optimism he could be their owner by the control Wednesday. Redding confirmed they were in a dialogue with an alternative bidder after the exclusivity agreement with Robert Platek, the owner of Kasapiya expired. Probably should have talked to Nino about this, understood. The unnamed party is the former Wickham owner in Kuig EFL granted Die Young an extension till the twenty second to divest shares in the club after he was disqualified under the league's Owners and Directors test owing to debts and court rulings in China. Club said steps had been taken to ensure financial liabilities are met until the deadline. Redding risk being suspended from the League of potential expulsion if Died does not sell the club this month. Kuig was a part of Wickham's winning promotion into the Championship. Wants to buy die shares, the stadium and the training ground. Redding had been formerly for sale for approaching six hundred days. Kuig first deal and first go round that collapsed back in September. So reading targeting promotion via the playoffs, and they have to get into the promotion aspect of it. They have to get into the promotion playoff, all right, it's that time. Ooh, different backdrop today. Now, all right, we go from Limit to Seattle. Find out what's going on in Conca Calf in this gentleman's mind. Find out what's going on in Major League Soccer the week that was, the week that will be. We're going to cover it all here in the next half hour. Time to go to Seattle and find out what cup of coffee our buddy Nico Modeno is on.
Speaker 2: What cup of coffee are you on?
Speaker 5: Sir? Hey, what's going on? John? It is Cup number two. I am down here in the.
Speaker 9: Dining area because the kids are home and they are in spring break.
Speaker 5: So there you have it. That's why I'm down here.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, all, it's all pretty and it's all good. He's on Cup number two. So's that's where we're at, all right. So started out an hour number one talking about the craziness that was Conca Calf last night. And it was probably a bit of a late night for you having to watch Cascadia and Cascadia on display, and then before that it was lafc and Messi and friends, and I went over the numbers of both Oscar Ustari and Messi last night. The matches had different kind of crazy from different kind of different kind of perspectives.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on what went down last night in conkor caf.
Speaker 5: Man it was.
Speaker 9: It was very Conca calf ish it with two m molestings which doesn't know you wi happened. I think that we mentioned last week that inter Miami was the favorite of going into this one because you were not going to get another game where Messi was mortal. And regardless of how well systematically LAFT plays, sometimes it feels like there's a need for one more X factor in that attacking end and Denny Bwanga can't do it all. Deny Wanga cannot be the only one responsible over scoring goals. It seemed like he's the only dangerous player that's consistently getting into those spaces to be dangerous. And in this one, even though LAFC started on the front foot and they put Miami on their heels and they score first, the away goal that they needed is what they give right off the bat, and even then they're unable to kill the game. And Haigri Macharano said it after the game.
Speaker 5: Once I figured that it was the twenty fifth thirtieth minute and LAC.
Speaker 9: Had not finished us off I knew that we could get back into this game, and that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Little by little. There's that goal that gets.
Speaker 9: Invalidated because I see doesn't wait for the referee to blow the whistle, but it kind of gives that hope, that feeling of we can do this to in Miami.
Speaker 5: And after that it was all in Miami.
Speaker 9: And credit to Javrio Macurano again that he is a coach that I did not feel like had the.
Speaker 5: Career or the spectifications, if you will, right to handle this Inn Miami. But he did a great man. I mean that three men build out that he kind of put together there. At times it was Rodondo at Tom, it was Cello with Noah Allen and Facone.
Speaker 9: It was just so fluid. It had so many components. It allowed Jordi to just be basically another winger. There was so many numbers moving forward for Inner Miami in the second half, and you give Messi too many chances. He's gonna come get you, He's gonna bite you. Great goal for the equalizer they built off of that. Then in the second one did run to put his head on it or not, it doesn't matter. You're putting balls into dangerous positions and then to finish off the.
Speaker 5: Game, absolute handball.
Speaker 9: Don't know what you're thinking with your hands out there like that inside the eighteen MENSI puts it away.
Speaker 5: End of story.
Speaker 9: LAFC does try to get back into this game in the last ten minutes or so, a little too late. There's no way that you're getting back into this one, and in the Miami goes through. Definitely the favorite in this one, and I'll spend less time on the Vancouver game, although they deserve every single credit for being relentless man because look, I thought they were the better team against Pumas, because they were playing their game.
Speaker 5: Pumas certainly had a lot of chances.
Speaker 9: Big Memo Martinez was a handful, you know, with the aerial balls and being able to get headers every single time. But Pedro Batte what a player. I thought he was the man of the match in this one. So good on the ball, so good defensively, so balanced.
Speaker 5: And although.
Speaker 9: In the eighty eighth or eighty plus minute, who must gets the two to one, Vancouver never stops moving forward. And Ocampo, who had the exact same cross at the end of the home game in the.
Speaker 5: First leg, that is a header that doesn't go in.
Speaker 9: In this one, Ocampo, same cross in the ninety third minute results in Vancouver getting that two to two equalizer puts them through. And uh man, it's just it talks about Vancouver and the belief that they have that they can be in every game because of their offense.
Speaker 1: Well, and you mentioned Vancouver, and it's a continuation of what happened last year with Vanni Sartini, where you had the belief in Vancouver and they trusted what Sartini wanted to do with the bill. Then they go their separate ways. But it looks like this season it has gone to that next level. Any idea why it has gone to that next level under the new head coach up there?
Speaker 5: I honestly, I hate to say it like this, but it's it.
Speaker 9: Basically, the inertia is still from certaini in my opinion, and it is the belief of certain players that have continued to grow, and it is the acquisition of a guy like Ocampo, who I think has been very important for this game and what they try.
Speaker 5: To do out wide.
Speaker 9: But I do believe that when a coach has done so much like Vini did to kind of put it all together. Now the new head coach gets to take the credit because it's what's being kind of working now.
Speaker 5: Credit to him as well to continue to build off of that.
Speaker 9: And if anything is different, I do think that defensively, Vancouver does tend to keep.
Speaker 5: Its shape a lot more.
Speaker 9: I think that he also just putting pedro Vita in a position that he likes to play and feel more natural on at times. Certainty would move pedro Vite as a fullback and put him out wide because there's what he doesn't like to be necessarily there at all times. And I think those maybe are a couple of things that we can definitely go into the new head coach. But at the same time, I just think Vancouver has a certain belief, has a group that has a lot of continuity, and that at this moment in time, they feel like they can be any team. And getting back into that game at Estadio Universitario it's not easy to do again. Obviously, for those who don't know cash little soccer watchers, it was one one on the score line, but it was too two in the aggregate. And then because you scored two goal, because you scored two goals away, that's kind of what what what puts this one.
Speaker 5: Of Vancouver getting through?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes for Sordensen, the new head coach for Vancouver.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, I can guarantee you that yes for Sorenson, and the joke that I used every once in a whiles yes for Sorensen to a lot of folks, probably wasn't a household name in his own household. And Sodentsen comes in, and then there were a lot of folks that were raising the people's eyebrow going why would you hire yes per Sawdensen because and they would list ABC, D, E and F. And right now you've got a team top of the table in the Western Conference, made their way to the semifinals in the CONCACAF Hemispheric Extravaganza. And so I think that folks need to be paying more attention to what Sawdinsen is doing, taking over with what you said, with the foundation that Vanny Sartiniz laid out and then adding his own little bits, especially defensively, and you mentioned with what he's doing with pedro Vite. Look, I don't think you can sleep on Vancouver anymore. And I think last night once again reinforced that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Look, they're the highest scoring team in the Western Conference.
Speaker 9: I don't know even the league, but I know for sure that the highest scoring team in the Western Conference and at this point in time, Yes, I mean Sorrysan does deserve the credit because regardless of you got to get these guys to buy in into the new head coach, you got to get a new buy in.
Speaker 5: In what you're trying to execute.
Speaker 9: I thought that he had a really good game plan against Pumas and he was not afraid to rub a dope a little bit and just take some of that pressure that Pumas did put him under. I thought that in set pieces, the things that were lacking in the first leg, they were not necessarily there in this one. He did a good job at at least overpopulating the places where Memo and Colkartida kind of hurt them. So, man, I thought that in that regard, you do got to give him a little bit of credit. But again, I do want to say that this group, this talent pool. Do I think that he would have been any different with Sertini.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, I feel like this group is that good right now and they just got the different believe But yeah, absolutely, Oh and now it was three to three and aggregat.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, not too too but three three indig and those two goals away is what putts Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Through last week in Major League Soccer, MESSI and friends Doe Toronto and everybody was like a freaking out. San Jose puts six on DC. I'm going backward from Sunday to Saturday. San Jose puts six on DC and it could have been a lot worse for DC. I'm still keeping an eye on DC, and I'm wondering who didn't make it off the tarmac onto the plane to come back from the West.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Man, looks it was a bloodbath, if you will.
Speaker 9: Right off the beginning of the game, with al Angle scoring the game under ten minutes.
Speaker 5: It was kind of.
Speaker 9: A perfect storm there for San Jose because Joseph Martinez was feeling himself and you know he gets the hat trick. I think that this team is so much better offensively when Pellegrino and a Pinosa play together at the same time.
Speaker 5: Clearly a.
Speaker 9: Cameo return, if you will, for this team to show and display what they can do offensively. I think Martinez that Ango can play very good of each other and if they can continue to build off that, you can squeeze the last drops of potential that Martinez has and he can.
Speaker 5: Be a killer in front of goal.
Speaker 9: You just got to get him the ball there, and you got to work with him so defensively he doesn't have to do so much, right you want to keep his level of energy. You got to sustain them, and I think that Bruce Arena did a great job in this one. But DC United, let's not forget about them, complete disaster. I mean, they could not hold the ball in profession. They cannot limit It seemed like San Jose was cutting through their midfield like a knife through butter. I mean, it was so simple, it was so there was nothing that San Jose was doing that I think was very complicated to figure out the triangles and the way they were moving the ball.
Speaker 5: But he just had no idea. You see, has no one in that midfield that can get you the ball back.
Speaker 9: They don't have a disruptor there. They're two spread out. They're just a team that has a lot of holes.
Speaker 2: Right now, all right, what the heck happened? The three no lost to San Diego with Seattle.
Speaker 5: According to Brian, just three things and I pushed back on that. I think there was more than that.
Speaker 9: We've had different discussions here with guys from the Beat about how bad they lost and how good San Diego was. Clearly Brian the responsibility for the first goal, first minute corner kick.
Speaker 5: It's a quick restart on a short corner. Nobody sees it coming.
Speaker 9: When you do see it coming, Ferrera and Christian Rodan push to Tuksana, who is the guy that gets the ball short on the corner, and then they get completely taken out by one move, one move, two players.
Speaker 5: He gets around him like training, Cones puts a ball all in and it's all over.
Speaker 9: After that, Brian did say he took accountability that the team wasn't ready to go right off the bat, that that sort of situation does fall on him. I appreciate him taking accountability for that because I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 5: We knew going into this game, and I said it here and I said it everywhere that I was on it. I'm just some dude.
Speaker 9: They watching soccer, and I knew that restarts and set pieces is what San Diego liked to do to take advantage of games. That's where they have an athon teams. They don't explore, so they don't expect it. They just do it very well. And there was a couple of times in this one. One was a free kick before the first half where there's a ball that comes in behind Riensy course a rise and it almost leads to a tukulosano go.
Speaker 2: So I like that.
Speaker 9: Brian said that clearly the Georgi Manongu experiment up top does not work. I'm very concerned about this.
Speaker 5: If Iron is.
Speaker 9: More willing to try Georgia up top at the nine rather than playing with Sueterrera at the nine, that's a lot about what Brian thinks or doesn't think of a Sue Ferrera up top. Brian kind of mentioned that, you know, it didn't really work, but you know, George's not really a nine. Oh but his Sue's not really a nine. He could play up there, is what he said. Don't like that quote because and I had a back and forth with Craig Wible just a week ago where I told him the need for this team was striker Sora. You brought him in sure as a versatile player, but you know, you kind of mentioned that he could play the night at the the level and that just doesn't seem to be the case. So in this one against San Diego that did not work, still looked a little bit lost.
Speaker 5: The pressing by Seattle was a little bit too high in my opinion.
Speaker 9: They were able to uh Sandigo was able to just play through that press, but they lost the game in transit.
Speaker 5: Transition was by far the easiest way San Diego scored. Knew who way too forward, there was a bunch of space behind him.
Speaker 9: It seemed like San Diego knew exactly how to exploit the spaces behind you. And it was all over after that. So I think just San Diego is that good. San Diego is a team that understands the way they want to play. I think that midfield completely tore apart Seattle's pivots a Niva, Gudoy de la Torre and mister Koff.
Speaker 5: I mean, they were just so good. They were just so much better.
Speaker 9: However, and I'll try to think here, there's a lot of that willingness, and Brian talked about it and the post game conference where he's like, look, depending in transition is a lot about effort. And there were times where men forty year old and Nivo Gudoy cannot just be the runner into the box and hit that ball as open as he was.
Speaker 5: And the guy that's.
Speaker 9: Closest to him is Jeorgi mcnoongo, who's the guy that got possessed on the right flank.
Speaker 5: So a lot of things that Serta needs to do better.
Speaker 9: Brian talked about the possibility of change information because of the lack of results.
Speaker 5: I think that that might benefit the team.
Speaker 9: Although the three five two or three four two one was designed by the Serra sounders to create more opportunities in offense, to create havoc, to add more numbers and weed the positioning number battle in the field up top, it hasn't worked offensively and he's made you vulnerable defensively. So I think going back to the default four two three one might simplify things and get this time in the right direction. But still not good enough once again, and you got outplayed off the field against San Diego.
Speaker 1: Of c and then you have to now turn around and play in the heyesus Feraira Bowl where you're traveling to FC Dallas. FC Dallas right now slight favorite of the plus one sixty one in the composite draw is a plus two to twenty three. Seattle's a plus one sixty nine. How do you see this one shaking out with the possibility of the formation change and trying to put people in positions where they can succeed where Seattle's concerned in a game that has the context that it does, and it's gonna be difficult.
Speaker 5: I quite honestly, what's the numbers on Seattle again?
Speaker 2: Plus one sixty nine? Slight underdog?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 9: Look up, Seattle has one thing going for themselves this week. Jordan Morris seems to be back and ready to go. I will be asking this question later on today, but I feel like this Settle team is too dependent on Jordan Morris for the offense to work.
Speaker 5: But he'll be back. Peter the leve was lights out this week. So I'm gonna go ahead and say that Seattle gets.
Speaker 9: The result at Dallas and sparks their season in the right way.
Speaker 10: Let me say that is again, I believe that the Seattle Sounders will win a way finally first time this season at Dallas in the If you want to call it the revenge game coming back home, you can.
Speaker 9: I believe in Farok's talent as a player. I think that he has the potential to be a good player for this team if you play him under Jordan Morris with Pedro de la Vega next to him in that build out of having two camps behind Jordan. That's what worked in the preseason, so I think it'll work in this one if that's what Brian decides to go with. But I think that Seattle has enough to beat the Dallas team that look to be honest surprise me against Atlanta. So maybe I'm giving the Sounders a little too much credit, But I feel like this game, in my gut feels like SATA could win it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's run through the rest of them, and Cliffhanger once again. You want to start talking about something you can, We'll say Atlanta and New England to the end, Toronto, Toronto and Minnesota United. Toronto is a home dog. Go watch something else like Atlanta and New England, which is gonna start fifteen minutes later. Four thirty Eastern Purple team hosting Red Bulls. Purple teams of minus one twenty eight at home. Red Bulls are a plus three thirty six.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, what's the draw?
Speaker 2: Draw is plus two six eight in the composite.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, give me the draw, give me a look. Let me see.
Speaker 9: It's been good. I'm not gonna lie about that. But so has to your city. I mean, I'm sorry. Know your Red Bulls, I'm gonna get killed out here. Know your Red Bulls have been good as well, very compact, very balanced, And I think this one is gonna be one of those things where you kind of eliminate each other on the field and it ends up being a maybe not a boring game, but one with not a lot.
Speaker 5: Of scoring opportunities. So I'm gonna go with the drawing this one, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So then you go past that one. C F Montreal finally gets a home game. They've they've said that the weather I guess is more than ten degrees fahrenheit. So they're gonna get a home game, and it's going to be Charlotte. Charlotte, by the way, is a dog at stodd Suputa at a plus one ninety five DC at all DC at home, favored against FC Cincinnati at a plus one thirty one. Hold on what uh huh, I'm staring at it right here, right here in the composite.
Speaker 9: NAT has to be good by any you know, start today Maschine engine compared to what they have. But give me Cincinnati on that one without and now.
Speaker 1: Plus one eighty five for Cincinnati h d C United at home is a plus one thirty one in the composite. So you jump jump on that now before they figure out that this is a line mistake, as the kids say.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Also, it is a plus one eighty five for FC Cincinnati NYC in Philadelphia, NYC. I think they are playing at the U twelve pitch at Yankee Stadium. I think that that Philadelphia is a plus one eighty nine on the road at NYC, who's a plus one twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Well, I would have want any of that.
Speaker 9: But I will say this, I was surprised at Philadelphia let go of Costag.
Speaker 5: I mean, he was a player that I felt kind of was the one creative player there for that team. He did so much in the.
Speaker 9: Scoring him he just had a field for goal. I don't know how they're going to replace him. I looked at that roster yesterday and I hope they have a guy in mind because they're gonna need him.
Speaker 1: Vancouver, coming off of the win in the advancement in the Conky CAF Hemispheric Extravaganza at home four thirty Eastern times start, sorry, four thirty local time starts seven thirty Eastern Vancouver hosting Austin FC in their favorite at a minus one oh nine after playing yesterday, turning around and they're gonna play Wednesday, Saturday, and they're favored at home at a minus one oh nine taking on Austin FC.
Speaker 5: And what are Austin's numbers?
Speaker 2: Plus two nine to three.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna take Costin Ondell and again they're gonna have to wrest some players. They were once again stretched out to the very last minute. That midfield Cuba's beta it they have to be absolutely exhausted. I would hope that you rotated this one. And you've got to think about the next game in Kunkcuff Champions Cup as well. You don't want to get anybody heard over it third. So yeah, give me Austen.
Speaker 2: Yep, right there with you.
Speaker 1: Nashville to minus one twenty hosting RSL to plus three zero four. Colorado at home a plus one thirty nine hosting San Diego, who's a plus one seventy five San Diego at Colorado.
Speaker 2: San Diego is the dog at a plus one seventy five.
Speaker 5: Right now, Wow, that's crazy too.
Speaker 9: Look literally, there's the opportunity for some nice part of lays this time around, if you don't want to go too far into it.
Speaker 5: But man, look there's some short stuff right there for me. Like I said, Cincinnati game is good.
Speaker 9: The San Diego game seems to be another almost locked Austin teams lack a lock. Give me all those those games. Look, I don't want to disrespect Colorado. Fine team, they've done some things. They did get out played by a Vancouver team that needed to think about this upcoming game that they just won. They rotated a little bit. So man, give me some Diego. They've been too good, too consistent. Even the games that they haven't won, they've been better than the other team. So yeah, give me some Diego without a doubt.
Speaker 2: All right. So I know here's one that you're going to be intrigued by. I know you're not gonna touch it.
Speaker 1: LAFC at home minus one ninety six hosting San Jose. San Jose's a plus four sixty nine to win.
Speaker 5: San Jose the four sixty nine to win. Oh man, that seems just like a like a trap.
Speaker 2: For you just to I said, I thought you'd be interested, but I know you're not gonna mess with it.
Speaker 5: No, Man, there the one that you're like, Man, I'm gonna put my paycheck. Don't do that. Don't do that. Don't don't do it. Do it? Does it feels good?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: They're coming from a six scoring game, six one win LAFC, between trying to fight Messi and Falcnen and everything that happened there in the middle of that game and probably pretty disappoint it. Just don't do it.
Speaker 9: LAFC is more than like you're gonna take that game against San Jose. I won't touch it though either way, I'm not touching.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Galaxy is a plus one ten at home against Houston, who's a plus two and a quarter Sporting hosting Portland on Sunday favor of the plus one fourteen Portland is a plus two twenty Chicago and Messi and Friends. Messi and Friends. After playing at home with everything that was on the line, at least they have to wait until Sunday so that the middle game on Sunday traveling to Chicago as a favorite at a plus one thirty four. Chicago at home is a plus one seventy one.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know if I like that one.
Speaker 2: What's the draw plus two seventy.
Speaker 5: Look, I don't think they're joining this one.
Speaker 9: Well you look at the goal composite for the Sporting Kansas City poor Land game, because I don't know why I got a little bit kick on that one. But look this one inter Miami, regardless of they're probably gonna have to rotate pretty consistently. Chicago is a team that has been very up and down for me, and there's times where they look like they understand exactly what Greg wants and there's times where they just feel like they can't get it done on the field. I like that as a draw. But the Sporting Kansas City Portland game, to me, I would like Portland and the goals. Depending on what that looks like, I could see a you know, what's the three on this one?
Speaker 1: Three is a plus one seventeen, that's where it flips. Two and a half is a minus one fifty one, three is a plus one seventeen. Three and a half is a plus one sixty. That to me sounds like you'll watch it and not take it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, we can't take it, but I do like Portland Sporting Kansas City. They get the bump from the new head coach on the bench type of situation. In the last game, Joelish looks good and he will continue to look good. But defensively they're a little bit too open. I think Portland. Portland's attacks low key dangerous. They can really get forward on you, and they figure it out despite not having a vendor. I think mainly because of the efforts of the the final end product. They get a lot of numbers in the right places. So I like Portland in this one.
Speaker 1: The last one on the board Sunday Night Soccer. All Caps is a plus one fifty two hosting crew at a plus one sixty six. Atlanta, New England Atlanta big favorite at home at a minus one ninety two. Revs are a plus four fifty one, draws a plus three forty one. The Revs have only scored three goals all year, two of them from Carlos Hill in one game against Red Bulls.
Speaker 5: I don't think I would take it just because the numbers don't are not was it Flanta a game?
Speaker 1: Atlanta is plus Atlanta's a minus one ninety five.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, I'm not gonna mess with it. What I will say is this, There's no way Atlant's gonna drop this game. But man, it be hard to watch sometimes, I really have My expectations were so high and I need to bring those down at some point in time.
Speaker 5: But I don't know drop this one. I just don't want to touch because of the numbers for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, what's going on? Polso Sports, Sound at Heart and lobbying water balloons?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, man, we will actually be recording today because the Sounders will travel and they will not practice here at home tomorrow, So expect that early version, early segment of While We Learned this week, Meet Jeremiah and I. We will be breaking down everything about the week of Ryan Kent supposed to be was supposed to be in Vancouver yesterday by the way handling his visa situation. So there is a chance a possibility that if it all goes well, he does travel with the team, or at least meets them in Dallas if need be. And I don't know, maybe you get to see the first writing can debut. That's going to be very interesting because he's looked absolutely lights out.
Speaker 5: So go ahead and wait for that pot today with Jeremiah and I.
Speaker 9: Will break it all down, give you guys any updates that we'll find out today on Monday. Of course, Loven's courtous kickoffs with Ari. There's been a big success. People seem to really like it. Really appreciate everybody's support on that and on Poolsel Sports. Everything that we've heard from coaches, from players all week long that's been on Polsel Sports.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and check it.
Speaker 2: Out as always been a friend. Great to see you on Thursdays.
Speaker 1: Go enjoy your second cup of coffee and we'll catch up with you over the weekend. Enjoy the Hey sus Ferira Paul Ariola revenge game, and we'll catch up with you next week.
Speaker 5: All right, John Man, you think it? You the man Man? This show gets better every time I get on here.
Speaker 1: Man, You the man's because of us. It's all about the reps. We get reps, we get consistent. We're rocking and roll and be safe.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That's Nico modenam Nico once again, Pulso Sports Sounder at Heart, lobbing scorcheres, lobbing water balloons, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, So want to watch? Where to watch it? How to watch it?
Speaker 1: Now remember tonight it is a little before seven o'clock. It's going to be the pregame show for us on the network as Atlanta United two is getting ready to take on Philadelphia Union two and Jason will have the call for you a little after seven o'clock once again this afternoon. Actually, oh, they're going to say it's tonight, so six fifty five tonight. In addition to everything, the Gold Cup draw FS one and two be at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: The Gold Cup Draw is going to be there as well.
Speaker 1: Once again we mentioned Finates being being an Espanol they are simulcasting couple of Bertadoris. They've got a double header at six to eight thirty Internacional Athletico Nacionals Apollo and Alonzelima Sud Americanas at ten o'clock University Dotka Tolka and Sarah Largo. Europa League is today on CBS Sports Network, Boto Glimpt and Bodoglimpton Lazzio. That's at twelve forty five. It was snowing and they're going to have to get out the blowers and the helicopters at Bodo Glimpt and three o'clock Rangers and Athletic Clue. Once again we mentioned being an Espaniol Simon casting, tu to Na has Leon and Manchester United simulcast on UniMas. ESPN Plus has the FA Youth Cup two o'clock Watford and Manchester City Tonight, Mlsnextpro dot Com has all of the action on the video side. When it comes to MLS next Pro, Messi and Friends to Toronto FC twos at seven Union and Atlanta United twos at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Josh Appel is going to be on the call.
Speaker 1: On Apple TV on the Mlsnextpro dot Com, La FC two and Tacoma Defiance is at ten o'clock. A lot of stuff going on on Paramount Plus League two, Crew and Cheltenham. It's at three o'clock. Four matchups in the Europa League twelve forty five and three. It's a Boto Glynplazzio, Leon, Manchester United, Rangers, Athletic Clube and Spurs and Eindrecht Frankfurt Europa Conference League two at twelve forty five Leisia Warsaw, Chelsea is Seljia and Fiorentina. Three o'clock is Your Garden, Rapid VN and Rael Bettis and Jagielonia, bilishtok. So that's your rundown of what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. Thanks for and buys you always do because we could not do it without you on a daily basis. Back again tomorrow once again. Remember here's the rundown. Four tonight before tomorrow, Kaylor Hodges is going to join us at nine oh five to discuss tom Son and the separation of tom Son and Birmingham Legion. There's going to be going to have an early post to the network where Kaylor addresses that very thing. That'll be up for a quick hitter on all of the podcatchers and you'll be list able to listen to that later this afternoon nine point thirty hopefully to catch up with our friends from Beyond Goals Menering if they're not globe trotting.
Speaker 2: Ten point fifteen.
Speaker 1: Brad Feldman, the voice of the REVS, is going to be with us to discuss everything REVS and we'll have weekend whip around patent pending trademark coming in the hour of chaos, enveloped in and around Brad Feldman for your Friday once again. Friday High School, Denmark, South Forscyth that South Forsyth on the network as well, and then everybody gets up early heads down to Mercedes Bens for at Land United and the reps. So that's another go round here of SDH. Thanks for coming by as you always do. Once again, Play it Safe, be well. We'll be back in the office tomorrow, and I'd like to thank Hotspots for making sure that this doesn't have like a nine second delay when I'm trying to go back and forth with all of our guests and all the fun that we have on a daily basis. Thanks to all of you for making the show what it is every single day. Since it's the end of the show that means I get to do this, Play it Safe, everybody, Mocha platya. We'll catch up with you later tonight with the twos in Philadelphia Union too.