Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: So you know who really tip the barrel? The straw on the camel's tip of the barrel, Iceberg, the monkeys in the barrel that tip over? Do I have that right drunk? I know No, I'm just trying to figure out the phrase straw that broke the camel's back. Okay, that was a little That was a little shtick, all right, And.
Speaker 1: Now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Okay, Friday is here.
Speaker 3: It's a Friday, it's a foody Friday, and it's TG y q N p r Z, thank.
Speaker 2: God Friday and everything else attached. So everybody's in a pretty good mood on Friday, and we have a pretty good time on Friday. We do stories that are fun, unique, heartfeld, uplifting. Except today, today is going to be another one. Your life is going to fall apart now between the three premises here. And I'm not going to put myself in the same league. I'm simply going to say attitude wise, So before you start writing the emails and posting, I am not comparing myself to Donald Trump or Kamala Harris, however, who prescribes the world in more dire terms. Former President Trump, who says that we are in the worst shape this country has ever been with been in and if Tamala Harris becomes president, world war three is guaranteed, and inflation will explode and everybody will die a horrible economic breath death. Kamala Harris explaining Donald Trump no guard rails America disappears as a democracy. Look what he is going to do? Or is it me telling you you're going to be dead next week? Life is horrible across the board. I don't care what political arena you're in. So I'm I'm going to take the credit for this one because I am across the board. Life is crap, not just looking across the aisle.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, your life is horrible, by the way, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Well no, no, I didn say my life was horrible. I'm saying your life is horrible. I love my life, I understand, but it is horrible. It is horrible. By definition, your life being horrible makes my life wonderful. It's a little complicated. Oh, I got a text for my shrink last night reminding me that I've been fired, She said, justice Trump. And here I'm gonna give her huge kudos on this one. She said, just as Donald Trump got the nomination in twenty sixteen and Hillary had a lock in twenty sixteen, do you remember, I mean, there was no issue when Trump got the nomination and my shrink said Trump is going to win this and I said, you are out of your mind. She said, you watch, Trump is going to win this election. Last night the text came in saying twenty sixteen I predicted correctly, Trump was winning. Twenty twenty four acting Harris is going to win. And I give her a lot of credit for being right on, for being prescient. All right, So last night was the Democratic National Convention, the last night Kamala Harris in fact accepted in accepted the nomination. And I thought she did a very good job. I really did. I thought she came off. She had soaring rhetoric, could not plan the speech in such a way that it attacked Trump over and over and over again. And at the same time this soaring rhetoric about where the country is going to go and hope and joy, and she was able to put it together, the joy and the hatred side by side, a hatred of Donald Trump and what he is going to do and what a Trump administration would do side by side, And I thought she did a pretty good job. Her speech was appropriate. Talked about her background A lot of I was. I grew up in the middle class. A lot of that. My mom was terrific. Look at how hard she had to work, Look at how hard I had to work. There was a lot of When I was a kid, I walked four miles to school uphill both ways in the snow, even though it was southern California. I mean, there was a lot of that. First of all, let me say hello to the crowd. There's and good morning. Oh you're echoing Neil, good morning, Good morning, Willie Wolf. And there's Cono, good morning. Pretty good. I don't see Amy anywhere on the screen.
Speaker 5: Call this tall red hair, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I know, very tall, very long, yeah, very long legs, very attractive.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: I can't even say you're attractive, Amy.
Speaker 6: Because that's say that if you can, you knowlaint.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, Chris. The way you see it, Bill is weird. You're pretty good looking. No, it's because it's no longer you being offended, Amy, it's someone hearing that who is offended and argues that this somehow is an inappropriate sexual comment. All right, hey, what are you wearing? I haven't seen you on the screen yet.
Speaker 4: You move your camera. It's just all of it now is creepy?
Speaker 5: Is heck?
Speaker 2: All right? Real quickly before we get to our first break list, to it handle on the news with Amy Neil and Me, and the lead story is, of course, the acceptance by Kamala Harris at the Democratic National Convention as it ended last night, and I'm going to do much much more of that at seven o'clock and go through some takeaways, do some grading of the performances, because that's what they are. You know, we knew that, and the promises they're made have very little to do with the actuality. And some allegations were made by Kamala Harris that I went come on, really, I mean a lot of it was legitimate. But the problem is when you go and connect it to some times where you don't know, for example, Project twenty twenty five. Right, even though Trump has distanced himself, it's an automatic because his advisors have written it. You know what. I'm going to talk about a lot about that coming up. At seven. Also a quick word about what is policy and legal here at KFI, I had mentioned how attractive Amy is and I do not do not want to be accused of any kind of discrimination. So, and you're pretty high up on the attractiven scale. I'll give you about an eight point four. Cono. Now I'm getting to you, Kno, you're a pretty good looking guy. I feel stirrings in my loins as I'm looking at you and Neil. I've always been impressed with your fruit package.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 4: No one's going to debate that with you. But I would have liked the little you know eyes up here.
Speaker 2: No, I understand. It's it's such a shame you're sitting at a desk, now, Cono. I don't know if that is a promo, but it sure sounds like it, doesn't it Already get it, it's already there. All right, back we go more. It's a Friday, that's the matter.
Speaker 5: If it was a three is compliments, I know it's like, uh, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's you know. You can't use the word weird anymore without all kinds of political connotations. All right, guys, let's do it more handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me.
Speaker 7: I always hear an Optimus Prime's voice in my head when I say this.
Speaker 6: It would be an honor, sir, honor. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 7: Former President Trump has weighed in as Robert F. Kennedy Junior weighs in on dropping out of the race and throwing his support behind Trump. Trump said, if he endorsed me, I would be honored by it. I would be very honored by it. Kennedy Junior's campaign withdrew from the ballot in Arizona, and he's doing some sort of a news conference today and it just happens to be on the same day that Trump is going to be in Arizona and his teas.
Speaker 6: He will have a special guess at his rally.
Speaker 4: Is it Beyonce Taylor's That's very funny.
Speaker 2: I have a question to ask, as Trump said he regarding RFK, he really has his heart in the right place. He is respected person. Women love some of his policies, and I guess some people don't like some of his policies. Let me ask, if it turns out they can't cut a deal does and the endorsement doesn't come through, are we going to still hear he is a respected person and he really has his heart in the right place. I don't think so. I doubt that. By the way, that is not an anti Trump. Well, actually it is. You know, there's a lot about Trump. I don't like it. There's a lot about commonly Harris. I don't like, you know, some of her policies. So I'm gonna have a good time during certainly this presidential race.
Speaker 4: Did you like anything about uh about Kennedy Robert Kennedy.
Speaker 2: No, nothing. I think he's out of his mind. I think RFK Junior is basically a lunatic and his family has completely disowned him.
Speaker 5: He seems crazy adjacent.
Speaker 2: To me, Yeah, well, you know he's a conspiracy theorist. I mean, he's gone beyond just being a conservative. You know, I'm fine with people being conservative. I mean, there's no issue. I'm actually, even though I'm insanely pro choice, I'm fine with people who are anti abortion in terms of I will discuss it. It's a legitimate It is a legitimate point, both morally and legally. But when you talk about conspiracy theories and anti vax and getting autism, and I mean, you're just call you're just nuts at that point.
Speaker 4: Already divided Supreme Court just yesterday ruled that Arizona may require proof of citizenship and registering new voters for future elections. The court refused the GOP request to block voting in November by more than forty thousand people who have already registered without proving proof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an interesting decision because they're saying the forty thousand who have already registered, they're registered. However, in the future proof must be given if the state decides proofs of citizenship must be given. Hey, here's the bottom line. You have to be an American citizen to vote. Why what God's name aren't you asked to prove your American citizen I don't get it. All you have to do is say you're an American citizen. That's like being stopped by a cop for blowing through a red light. Can I see your license? I have one? Can I see it? No, you can't see it. You have to take my word that I have a driver's license. I have never understood this. Now. The premise is that you have the disenfranchised, the minority, the poor, who are it's hard for them to prove their citizenship. So therefore the whole concept of proving your citizenship how somehow is either illegal or certainly immoral, because you're disenfranchising a whole group of people. Well you know what, can I tell you? It's hard to get a driver's license too? Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 4: And why don't they solve the problem by making sure that those that feel disenfranchised get ID?
Speaker 2: They do. It's a law that you have to have ID you get a Californy.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why this is a why this is a political issue.
Speaker 2: It's a political issue, is the prem because well, no, the law does No. The law doesn't say you have to prove citizenship. Nope, nope. It says you must be a citizen, but you don't have to prove it.
Speaker 6: Well, except the Supreme Court says that you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well now, yeah, now you do, but only in Arizona. Okay, not across Remember they just held the area. This is an Arizona suit and they did not go so far as the court tends to in most cases, be as narrow as it can. And so this is not a universal right.
Speaker 5: No states can now require it? States?
Speaker 2: Well no, well, yeah, I think so. Under this decision, but they could have said states can now require it. They didn't. This is Arizona. They did not make a sweeping decision, and that's what the courts do anyway. So I don't get how you don't have to prove citizenship. The only argument is that there is virtually no fraud involved if you look at the number of cases in which non citizens vote. Democrats are saying it's infinite tissimal. I don't know how that works, but that is the allegation.
Speaker 6: Okay, can you hear my voice? I can, you can't.
Speaker 7: In Afghanistan, the Taliban rulers say they're cracking down on the sound of women's voices in public. It's under strict new rules. They're called vice and virtue laws under the Islamist regime.
Speaker 2: Just crazy shadia law they take to the most extreme. In Afghanistan, it's the most anti woman country in the world by a long shot.
Speaker 5: Well let's not. Let's let's think this through for a second. I'm joking. I know, so women can see Anne's face.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's true. I mean women you can't hear their voices. So everybody has to learn sign language. Oh no, because your hand show you can't do that either.
Speaker 4: But you know what we should, We should approach test to protect. Yeah, that'll do it all right, no longer places to go. A thousands of Palestinian Palestinians in Gaza are having to flee again and again and again. After the Israeli military issued a new evacuation order. Experts are saying, hey, this just is encroaching further on aid roots and humanitarian z.
Speaker 2: And it is Israel is pounding areas which heretofore were safe evacuation areas, saying this is a safe zone, and then a few days or a few weeks later, boom, it's hit again. Now Israel says that a mosque goes into that area and sets up or moves into that area and sets up its command control and its fighters in civilian areas as they embed. I don't know, I don't know. All I know is I would love Israel to prove that and to say, here's some video of these command centers. Here's video of a bunch of Hamas militants who are dead in a hospital. Haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what Hamas says, you can't have human shields without humans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. So, I mean, both sides of this are just so insane. I just parts of it. I just don't understand.
Speaker 6: Everyone is welcome.
Speaker 7: A federal judge has ruled the US military can no longer turn away people who want to enlist to our HIV positive The US District judge made the ruling saying the Pentagon's ban on HIV positive people seeking to enlist in the armed forces contributes to the ongoing stigma surrounding HIV positive individuals, and also adds that modern science has transformed the treatment of HIV. So now there are asymptomatic HIV positive service members who have undetectable viral loads. They maintain the treatment they have, they're capable of performing all of their military duties, including worldwide deployment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's become a chronic. It's become chronic. That's it. You take your medication and you're a viral loads so low that first of all, the prognosis is the same. I mean, the lifespan doesn't change as to people who don't have HIV, and you know, there really is not a lot of risk of transmission, especially with viral loads that are undetected, so you know, and it's not easy to get HIV. I mean blood transfusions. Those you don't get them anymore because the testing is so extraordinary. So you have unprotected sex, both vaginal and non vaginal sex. I mean, that will transfer HIV. But you know it's it's just it's not as big a deal where it was a death sentence twenty twenty five years ago. I notice how well I did you notice how well I did that, How totally politically correct I did that. I did not go into a I did not take it into the gutter, which I would normally do.
Speaker 6: Can you not say that word again?
Speaker 2: What you know I didn't Okay, I didn't say that word.
Speaker 5: There's no need to shine in line on it.
Speaker 2: That's another thing. You can't get HIV doing that either. Okay, I'm moving at her. Okay, we're moving in the wrong direction. Let's continue.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: The FBI rated a Tustin home owned by an Orange County supervisor's daughter. She was named in a lawsuit that accuses her and a nonprofit of misusing millions of dollars. I mean, like the two of thirteen million bucks. The name of the organization is Via America Society, and her name is Rihannan Doe and is the daughter of Andrew Doe.
Speaker 2: By the way, I've interviewed Andrew a bunch of times. He's a real good guy. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's a good guy. He is in the meantime, his daughter not so much. Now keep in mind, this is not criminal they have well I'm talking of the act. Of course, his criminal life it proves, but this is Orange County filing a civil lawsuit to get money back. She has not been arrested yet, and if any of this is true, of course she will be arrested. Okay, it's too one more before we take a break.
Speaker 7: Careful when you're making fun of the ugly cry, as you remember, it was actually one of the sweetest things. Tim Waltz's Wells's seventeen year old son Gus was crying as his dad was accepting the nomination to become vice president, and Culter put a post up and said, talk about weird. She did that on X She's deleted it because the backlash was huge because the seventeen year old son, Gus apparently has a nonverbal learning disorder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you could tell that there was some kind of disability, and I think that's what she alluded to, or just the extent of his crying, and he cried the entire time during the nomination or during his father speaking, and it was, you know, I started tearing up. I mean, he is bawling, tears are coming down his face. He looks at the camera and he goes, that's my dad, that's my dad. It was the sweetest thing. And culture right, I don't know how many memes came out ripping into Gus crying.
Speaker 4: More than you would hope, trusting more than you would hope. And I, you know, I like a good I got a cross sense of humor. I like a good joke. I just don't see it in this. I maybe it's because I'm a dad. There's just something in that. May we all be put in a situation where our kids are proud of us like that? I just I think she's a horrible human being. I don't care about her politics. She's a disgusting human being. And even the Mafia lays off of children.
Speaker 2: And she deleted it very quickly. I might add, there's no I don't like.
Speaker 5: The people that bust on Baron Trump either. And when he was a kid and all of it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: Practice times may look a little different for some student athletes across southern California as the CIF places new guidelines on the student athletes practicing in the heat. How many stories have we heard of kids dropping in the heat and the like?
Speaker 2: So you got too many and it's becoming more and more prevalent. Why, Well, because the heat is becoming more and more prevalent, So it's gonna been early morning practice or late afternoon practice. Boy, that one screw up family life or your school, the way you go to school.
Speaker 7: Well, it's about time. A guy has been arrested in Guatemala. The US authorities say they're going to seek extradition. He's charged with helping to coordinate the smuggling of a group of people into the US. You'll remember, Oh, yeah, they found like fifty three people and they all died. They were an abandoned big rig and it was like one hundred degrees outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was crazy. I remember that story vividly as we covered it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they're they're charging him.
Speaker 7: They arrested seven people, this guy, particularly maybe the ringleader, and they're they're going to extra died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so weird. I don't remember amy whether he was. They were fearful that the border patrol was on their tail, because what was the reason they that the driver would just abandon the rig on the side of the road, having locked the doors, the back doors of the truck. It was a big semi trailer, take away all the phones, so no one could have a phone inside, and people were screaming. And how many died? I think there were only seven or eight that survived.
Speaker 7: Right, fifty three died. Forty eight were already dead when they found them, So they were locked in that trailer. And authorities are saying that the men knew that the trailer's air conditioning unit wasn't working and they wouldn't blow any cool air to the migrants, and they were just stuck there.
Speaker 2: How do you do that to a human being? Man, I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 5: We shouldn't get it.
Speaker 2: Anyway. He was arrested in Guatemala and is now awaiting extradition. The United States has asked for extradition, and I can't imagine Guatemala is not going to grant it.
Speaker 4: All right, A California bill that would allow undocumented immigrants to qualify for first time home buying loans. Continues to progress in the state legislator and legislature, and now the bill would need to be signed by Governor gav Look at how handsome I am before it becomes law.
Speaker 2: This is California. Can you imagine this happening in the Southern States. So now undocumented immigrants, of course they can vote. All they have to do is say they're American citizens. We did that story earlier, but now we have tax money where it goes to undocumented immigrants to help buy a house first time buyers. Is that another reason why we have such an influx of illegal migrants coming into this country because we are the land of opportunity. I mean, you know you starve in Mexico or Honduras or Guatemala. I mean you literally eat twigs for dinner. And look at the opportunities in the United States. Even minimum wage jobs that pay virtually nothing are a king's ransom. And now let's come to California because the undocumented now are also eligible from the state to help them buy their first home. Matter of fact, we're well part of the bill which didn't make it. If you look at the hearings was part of AB eighteen forty, would allow only undocumented members or undocumented people living in the States to buy homes and to get governmental help if you are illegal. If you are a citizen, you are not eligible for this. But if you are illegal, you are. By the way, I just made that up. That was a political statement. I just made up. But still, I mean, it's gonn't get to the point where and a lot of the left wing believes this is that as soon as someone crosses the border, they are effectively US citizens. VINCENTE. Fox, former president of Mexico, years ago, said the border between the United States and Mexico is just literally a line, and that's it. It's like a border between the states. We go from here to Nevada, there's just a sign that says, welcome to Nevada. There's your border. And a lot of people are arguing that should be the case with illegal aliens entering the country. I don't buy it. I just don't buy it. They are not citizens. A lot of that is personal. My family, my dad waited eleven years to get in this country legally, and he should have just walked over the border.
Speaker 5: Well, he shouldn't have been let in.
Speaker 2: That's another point. Oh now, yeah, that's another point in retrospect, he should not his but that is another issue for discussion at another time. This is KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.