Speaker 1: All right, everybody, good evening, Good evening. Welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night. I am the Cajun Knight, Jacob Mook, and so here I was here. I was getting ready for this episode today, and I thought, you know what, let me just peruse the news as we do, just nothing in particular, just random little topics that were coming up on the news, some of them from liberal media, some of them from more conservative sources. And I gotta tell you, I wasn't expecting to see all of these. Some of these I expected, right, Yes, the updates on Doge. Yes, some things that Trump is going on about these days, like you, sure, absolutely I expected to see that. I didn't expect to see the NSA firing one hundred people because of explicit chat room conversations. Apparently TULSI found some inappropriate conversations going on with someone for agents and fired a hundred of them. So, yeah, we're gonna talk about all of that. I apologize now my voice sounds a little a little horse. I was in New Orleans most of the day to day, and not for the fun reasons, not for Mardi Gras. I was there Norwich Military Academy or University. I should say, they are down here right now for a ROTC drill meet at two Lane, and so I went out and helped them, you know, kind of tighten up their drill a little bit and things like that. It was a fun time, but ended up I because I'm a little bit I'm a little dumb sometimes I'm just gonna be real with y'all. And I had my hat on backwards, as I do, and I didn't realize that it's been a good while since I was just indirect, so I have a sunburn. I have the backwards hat sunburn on my forehead right now. So I'm like, well, it looks like we're not going to Bandana for the next few days. But uh, it's also been a while since I called commands. So if my voice sounds a little horse, my apologies. But for now, let's just get straight into the wildness, shall we. So let's start here. Trump vows to impose twenty five percent tariffs on imports from the EU. I'm not sure how this one's gonna play out long term. I know what he's trying to get out here, I just don't know if it's gonna work out the way he's thinking it will. But let's listen from the man himself, Old Donnie t as president.
Speaker 2: If you just made a decision on what level you will seek on tariffs in the European Union.
Speaker 3: We have made a decision. We'll be announcing it very soon and it'll be twenty five percent, generally speaking, and that'll be on cars and all other things. And European Union is a different case than Canada, different kind of case. They've really taken advantage of us in a different way. The European Union was formed in order to screw the United States. That's the purpose of it, and they've done a good job of it. But now I'm president, we'll have it in these countries. Or that you retaliate, they can't. Mean they can try, but they can't.
Speaker 4: They that wanted to affect China's retalies Ertaris on the tenth of February. Has there been any impact that you've been able to observe? That's right now.
Speaker 3: They can do it and they can try, but the numbers can never equal what ours because we could go off. We are the pot of gold, We're the one that everybody wants, and they can retaliate, but it cannot be a successful retaliation because we just go cold turkey, we don't buy anymore, and if that happens, we win.
Speaker 1: Intesting So a couple of things that he just said that I'm not sure if I really get down with the one hundred percent. I don't believe the EU was founded and formed to screw over America. Okay, that would be like saying NAFTA was formed to screw over all other nations and all of the continents. Not necessarily, the EU is for their own collective betterment, or at least that's what I was given to believe. I don't believe that Germany and France are in cahoots to screw over a Maria, you know what I mean. I just don't see it that way. It would make sense that all nations of a certain continent would get together to kind of form an alliance of sorts, especially in the realm of trades. So I'm not really agreeing with that one. Now, a twenty five percent tariff on everything from EU nations, that's a little hefty' that's a next level type of tariff. I mean, what are y'all's thoughts on these things?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm kind of against tariffs but then again, he must be doing some kind of trade off here, and I think he's a big believer in the positive aspects of tariffs, and personally I don't see it. But then again, this isn't really an issue I'm an expert on. That's just my overall general feeling on it that I've had for many years. I don't like tariffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see what they what he's trying to do here, and I'm not necessarily against tariffs. But if COVID taught us as consumers anything, right, it's that once the prices get hiked up, they're not going to go back down, even if it gets to be cheaper to actually produce the good to which we're buying. Just throwing out an example here energy drinks. Fair enough, you know something that I am a huge proponent of, Right cool, If all of a sudden, all the air drink companies got together and decide that they're going to market up, call it for tariff, call for this reason, what, it doesn't matter, whatever the reason is, and instead of going to two fifty a can, they decide to go to four to fifty a can, and then, through whatever reasons, the supply chain gets cheaper, and they're able to actually produce it for fifty cents a can. They're not going to start selling it back at two fifty a can. If they already get the public use to buying it at this high price. I just I don't they should. You would think they would, but that's not the way greedy business works. So hard imports from Europe they're already expensive as is. Putting on an extra twenty five percent tariff on that, I know what the idea is, Oh well, they'll eat that cost, not us. That's I just don't see it working out that way, right, Small things, small bumps and prices. Potentially, there's no way you're gonna do that to scale on everything coming from Europe. I have a hard time believing it. Getting into this big pissing match with China, right, the tariff war US versus them, and shit. I okay, fine, I at least understand that I am not a big fan of China or the CCP, so if we're doing that in that realm okay, I at least understand the purpose behind it. But I mean I get it. America is a nation of consumers. That's what we do. We buy other people's stuff like buy and large. But it's not like if America puts too high of tariffs on it, then like, yeah, we just go cold Turkey and then we'll just stop buying it. They'll lose, they'll sell to other people and or Yeah, the idea would be that American industry would pick up the slack on whatever vacuum is left from European imports and things like that. But it's not like our infrastructure or our jobs or whatever else. It's not like our manufacturing is currently up to speed to pick up that slack. I just don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and you know, I'd certainly prefer that our country be a manufacturing pub for the world, or at least for ourselves. But we outsourced so much stuff. So for example, my company makes metal detectors, and we used to make them here in the United States, but now we get them all made in China. And some of our people have been asking recently in our meetings, what are potential tariffs going to do to us? And you know, how much time would it take for us to start making them here again, even if we wanted to. So yeah, maybe it was a mistake to outsource them. But I guess it seemed like, Oh, it's so cheap, and we're gonna be winning. We're gonna be making so much more money, and I really want us to produce more here. But I feel like the overall environment for manufacturing is really bad, not only from higher cost of living, but other things that make it more expensive to produce stuff here compared to making them in China. And we got one hundred different things to work on to bring down costs of production, to make things like cars and microchips and computers here, and metal detectors more efficiently, yeah, and a thousand other goods.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm also thinking that this might be Trump doing the art of the deal.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: If he throws out the idea of a twenty five percent tariff, the European nations obviously will get pissed, as they should. Cool, got you, and then they would be able to come to the table and maybe negotiate to ten percent tariff or something along those lines. Right, is this him? You've seen pawing stars, right, You've seen how they start dickering on price, will absolutely undercut them go way too low. The doode will come way too high, and then they try to find some sort of medium ground where everybody feels like they want, but in reality, Rick's the one that's still making the money at the end of the day. I'm wondering if this is not a part of Trump's thing, and not only with the tariffs, with tax laws in the IRS, if he's talking about abolishing the IRS altogether, just chopping it all down. Of course, the politicians will get pissed about this, and the bureaucracy will have their upheaval about it. Then when he comes back and says, Okay, fine, maybe we won't do away with the IRS, but let's renegotiate all these tax laws and work for a different percentage, then all of a sudden, people are more willing to come to the table. I'm hoping that that's more along the lines of what's happening here, but it's really hard to tell with this guy not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of the other things they could be arguing about are the NATO minimum defense spending, or the exchange rate between the euro and the dollar, or you know, interest rates in Europe versus the United States. There's this guy named Tom Luongo who goes on and on about how the entire Jerome Powell is very much anti European, and he's one of the good guys in Luogo's opinion, and Janet Yellen would be one of the bad guys. And Trump is more on the side of Powell trying to screw over the Europeans because somehow he thinks that will benefit the United States. But most of that, honestly is over my head. So if anyone's interested, I would say, check out Tom Luango and yes that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I But okay, you're talking about the GDP spending for NATO defense budget here you talk would you like to see that increased or decreased?
Speaker 2: I would like NATO to go away, But if it exist, I would prefer that all the countries and it spent their two percent. I heard it's two percent. I think you've said three percent.
Speaker 1: I think I'm not. It's somewhere around there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of the eure countries are only spending like one percent on it. But a reason I think Trump wants that to go up is that that would mean defense contractors in the US like Raytheon and Lockey make a lot more money because they supply a lot of that weapon rate. So that would be millions potentially, I probably billions of dollars flowing into the US into those specific companies, But personally, I don't really want to benefit those companies too much. I would prefer an overall decrease in military spending across the board from all countries. So, you know, that's just my bias.
Speaker 1: I feel that I'm My bias is that everybody should be spending ten percent on their military. I know, I know I'm crazy for that, but I'm also the Department of Offense here. That's my biggest jam. But I get it. If they're going to start dickering on prices about things and percentages on things, there's way more productive things that they could be going back and forth on right now. Like I said, I'm hoping that this whole twenty five percent tariff to Europe, maybe that goes for like a year and the European countries collectively get so mad at him that he's like, Okay, wait a minute, now, let's talk, and then they start negotiating and finagling on some things. I don't know. I don't know. We'll see how it goes, but yeah, all right, we got goth Alex Anthony also in the chat, har g and Grimatria Royce is in the chat. Kyle, good to see you and as always, Raven Lee. Great to have all of you with us on this evening. All right, So next, let's move on to the next point of potential contention. Elon with these confusing emails that he sent to federal employees. This a kind of mixed bag of emotions on this one. Let me know what y'all think.
Speaker 6: Another ominous warning from Elon Musk to federal workers, as the billionaire demands they email what they accomplished last week, he posted to the discretion of the President, they will be given another chance. Failure to respond a second time will result in termination. It's the second go at getting the workforce to comply with five billet points justifying their jobs. After the first attempt led to mass confusion, The Office of Personnel Management eventually told agencies they can determine if their employees should respond, after several had already told their workers to ignore the email, with others telling workers to reply.
Speaker 7: We advise federal workers, unless your agency has dictated you not to to respond to this email. In fact, I can announce that we've had more than one million workers who have chosen to participate in this very simple task.
Speaker 6: A new Harvard Capps Harris poll shows voters overwhelmingly support reigning in government. Eighty three percent support reducing government spending over increasing taxes, and seventy seven percent say a full examination of spending is necessary. Musk only got forty four percent favorability in the same poll, and fifty eight percent of voters thought his Department of Government Efficiency shouldn't have access to American sensitive info. Some Republican lawmakers have been confronted at town halls around the country by angry constituents over DOGE job cuts. Some have blamed activist groups for stirring the pot, but are still calling for a lighter touch in the government slashing efforts.
Speaker 8: They have best interest in their retirement. I won't have compassion.
Speaker 9: I think Elon Musk talk to us about that long time, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 8: I think some of this is happening too fast and furiously.
Speaker 10: There are rash decisions being made, and it needs to kind of slow down a little bit.
Speaker 6: More than twenty federal technology staffers who were integrated into the DOGE team resigned, according to the Associated Press. That includes engineers and data scientists who wrote in their resignation letter they would no longer use their skills to quote dismantle critical public services.
Speaker 1: Shocker that the AP would be speaking in that way towards this. So all right, I watched a little bit of the press conference where was speaking more in depth about these emails, and so did Elon basically, And I know I'm probably oversimplifying it a bit, but according to what Trump and Musk were saying, it is the same type of trimming the fat, or at least that's the mentality that's going into it. At least that's what they're saying that went into cutting all the wasteful spending from USAID and things like that. So, for example, from what they said, they sent out five million, six million emails to government employees basically asking them what they did this week, And literally any email would have been acceptable, even if they told them, you know, kind of a slow week at the office this week, or I was on vacation this week, it didn't matter. What they were looking for is essentially how many jobs are currently being paid out to people that are aren't actually clocking into work. From what they said, the same way that we had millions of dollars going here that nobody really knew anything about, nobody checked in on. They're saying, essentially, we have thousands of offices around the country that are all federal employees, and if I sent out an email to every single one of them, they should be able to respond within a week's time. If nobody responded, how many of these office positions are actually were cutting a check to them every month and no one's actually clocking in to do that job, right, some of these no show jobs that they do have within government bureaucracy from time to time. Now, I am not well versed enough to say how thick that really is within our government, but essentially that is the message that they were putting out. Basically, they're just seeing if somebody's even in that position or not, and if they're not, why are we paying that a person, any ace, a person, a shadow figure, if you will, to work that job. Now, a lot of people are saying that this is them overreaching, which, of course certain people are gonna think that Trump breathing is a vast overreach of his executive power. Like I, okay, fine, I get it, I get it. But at the same time, if we have out of five million emails that were sent out, and I'm throwing that number out. I don't know the exact figure, but if five million emails got sent out and only one million emails got sent back, I see that as a problem. Now, Like they said, there are certain departments that told their employees not to respond to them. Okay, the employees did as they were told by their supervisor, but that supervisor needs to have an answer for that, Like, I don't know why you even sent that. I have thirty people in my department and I know them all personally, and this, this, and this. Okay, fine, looks like he vouched for his people. That's solid, but that is essentially what they're trying to get at here. What are your thoughts on this? I feel like if I had a crew of thirty people and I was to send an email out and I only got five responses back, that should be a clear indication of things that need to happen or get shifted or changed. But I might be alone with this. What do y'all think?
Speaker 2: I'm fully in favor of doge, so that's just my libertarian instinct. And the federal workforce grew six percent under Biden, so if it goes down three percent. Those are the numbers that I read. That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I would like to cut it way further, so agree thach is already exceeding my expectations. I'm not expecting it to cut quite as much as I'd love it too, but it's doing the right thing in my opinion.
Speaker 1: No doubt. Again, I don't even know how efficient they wanted these employees to be when they sent these emails out and we're expecting to get something in return. It was like five bullet points. And I don't know if they even cared if those bullet points were answered in kind or if they just got any answer back whatsoever. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but tell us five things you did. That's what it was, right?
Speaker 1: And I mean, honestly, how hard is it to say I did this report, I filed this paperwork, I did this Okay, okay, just send something back and if that email wasn't what they asked for, then they'll probably send you a follow up email asking for more in depth information. And you go like that. It's been a long while since I worked in some sort of office setting. And don't get me wrong, I am the worst at responding to emails. I get it, But if I was working in a federal office building, I feel like I'd be a little more keen to answer my emails, especially if it came from the fucking White House. I don't know, that's just me, But we shall see. We'll see if people start responding to these emails a little more uh direct, I don't. I don't really know. Let's see here. Actually they should respond, and people should be held accountable, but it should be looking at work instead of an email. I agree with that, Raven, But I don't know how that goes as far as looking at in a office building, because that's the thing we're talking about, a whole government building full of how many positions. How do you go through and check the efficiency of each employee? I mean, I'm sure there's a method. I'm sure there's some sort of a grading rubric, right, I mean, I know in the military we had like our proficiency and conduct marks. I'm sure in an office setting they have like quarterly reviews or something like that. I feel like that's a thing that we should have. If we don't, then we absolutely need to start implementing it. But I agree, I think it should be merit based. But I mean we're talking about the federal government. How much merit based things are there actually happening within where our tax dollars being spent. So no, no, I have hopes. I have hope is that this will Let's see, most computers track their progress. Almost all companies have reviews and can see what is being done. Yeah, that's true. I guess it's only one AI system away, isn't it now I think about that out loud. It's all government. Like they all got their cat cards that they put in their and their keyboards and it says exactly what they do with each stroke of each key. So it shouldn't be hard to see which person is being more efficient and which one is wasting hours. So fair enough, so we will see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you shouldn't at least be able to see activity that way, and that's a pretty good indicator. But even then, the private sector, it can be pretty hard to assess how many dollars a person brings in. So it's up to the judgment of the managers for sure. And it's been hard at most of my jobs in order to put a number on how much money I've actually made for the company. It's kind of a vague feeling, especially when you're in chemistry research or something like that that doesn't make any money right away, but it might help the company make money in the future. So I don't know. It's still ambiguous even in the private sector, but I feel like the private sector is under way more financial stress that it has to actually work, and the government doesn't have anywhere near enough of that, And as far as I'm concerned, a lot of that can be slashed, agreed. And every time the government shut down, you know, the last one was in twenty thirteen, there's all this whaling and gnashing teeth. But they have the most job security of ever anyone, and they get their job back with back pay, and private sector people never pretty practically never have that kind of security. So I think the government needs, you know, most of the people in it, they need to be doing something else, more productive, more subject to market forces. And yeah, most of what they're doing is not in the constitution at all anyway, So anyway, that's.
Speaker 1: I fully agree. That's my dietron I was living in Washington, DC in twenty thirteen when the government shut down. I was in the Marines at that time and I remember somebody had spread a rumor and somebody had looked up some law, and god knows if it was actually on the books, or if it was one of those old school laws from like one hundred and fifty years ago that never exactly got taken down. Who knows. But the going trend was that if the government states shut down for more than thirty days and we didn't receive our paychecks, our contracts were null and void, and we could all just go home, like back to our home states, and our enlistments would be up. I don't believe that's how it actually works, but we were all banking on it. Man. We were waiting to see to please, one more week stay down, and of course they didn't. They didn't. We had to go back to work and all the stuff. But yeah, I just yeah, it's crazy to me that these government organizations that claim that they are just so good at their jobs or so valuable they're you know, doing the things that need to be done and it's critical for the nation and all this. It's crazy to see how whenever they're shut down, life continues just trucking right along, doesn't it. But I don't know, it's never going on for more than I don't even think it's gone a full thirty days. I think when the government has shut down in the past, it's only been for like a week or two. And that always seems like it was more of a flex right, that seems like it was a Obama, you know, it was in office at the time, but it wasn't him that shut the government down, but he got blamed for it. Or was it Congress that god blamed for it? Or was it the Senate that got blamed for it? They just kept playing past the buck until they decided to show back up to work, and I it always was just covered in controversy start to finish. But I mean that's what you get whenever Barry was in office. But all of that to say, as we're talking about that, they also said that the nation as a whole was in favor of doge and what was happening, or at least they were in favor of the government being audited, but they were not in favor of Elon being the one doing it because he'll get access to critical information for the people. And I'm saying I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a tech guru, y'all, Like, does anybody actually think that if he wanted your social he couldn't just get it? Like he's not rich enough to hire a team of hackers to just do whatever he wanted to do in the back door anyway, Like he didn't need the permission. He has it and he's gonna use it for you know, the means of which he was hired to do. But like, are people actually worried that the richest guy on earth just got their credit card? Statements? Like I just I have a hard time believing that he's using it for these purposes. But you know, people, people have their hesitations towards him, especially because now he's getting seen as the dark Maga and and all of these things. That that whole thing with the chainsaw, I thought it was funny, but I thought it was better when the Argentinian president did it. It went harder when you know it was first done by him. But anyway, speaking of the government spending and the money and the things and the stuff, I'm hearing reports about this, and I want to get y'all's two cents on this one here. Doge cuts are not saving as much money as first thought?
Speaker 11: Nearly forty percent of federal contracts canceled by DOGE aren't expected to save the government any money. That's according to data from the Trump administration. They say of the twenty three hundred contracts DOGE canceled, about eight hundred aren't expected to save the government any money. Official say those contracts are fully obligated, which means the government is legally required to spend the money it promised. In some cases, DOGE is canceling contracts for goods and services the US already paid for. The Trump administration says it still makes sense to cancel the contracts because they're seen as dead weight.
Speaker 1: Could y'all hear at that time? Yay, nay, yeah, I heard.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we heard it that time.
Speaker 1: All right, good things, good things, all right, So what are your thoughts on this? Apparently forty percent is not doing things to help the nation. But I mean, at the same time, you're telling me we got a sixty percent success rate, I mean that's not the best odds. However, I'll take that as of what's been going down for the last twenty years. Where are y'all at with it?
Speaker 9: Wasn't there the whole twenty eighty like ratio to where like twenty percent of the people do eighty percent of the work.
Speaker 1: Probably that sounds about accurate.
Speaker 8: So it seems like that would be something in this case estentially fair enough.
Speaker 1: Anthony, you were chiming in there, but the video I was having issues playing you were what were you saying there? Brother?
Speaker 12: I was just saying that, you know, this has only been like what a month ish, like everything was estimates.
Speaker 1: I am not.
Speaker 12: Surprised or deterred that it's not quite what we initially thought it was. You know again, even if forty percent isn't doing anything, you know, by by most, by most metrics, uh, sixty percent is solid.
Speaker 8: Like if I if I.
Speaker 12: Instigated an initiative that saved the company I work for sixty percent of the spending that they were, you know, in an area that they.
Speaker 1: Were doing, I'd get a badass promotion.
Speaker 12: So you know, Uh, perfect is the enemy of better and those that hate you will get caught up on Oh you're not at one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: When you know sixty is solid?
Speaker 1: I agree, absolutely agree. I mean, and like you said, it's it's only within the first month this has even been enacted, Like you're not going to have a one hundred percent success rate right out the gate. There's been some mistakes that have happened. They fired some nuclear engineers and then hired them back the next day. You're gonna have a little bit of some oops from time to time, and they fixed it. But yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent saying that this is at least sixty percent effective as opposed to fueling more of the debt fire. Yeah, I'm taking that as a win. Personally. I'll take those odds every day, and I mean they're only going to get better as time goes on and as they do more appealing back the layers of this rotten onion. So I'm with you. Anybody else have anything to add in on that one? All right, excellent? So moving on into the next field of things I wanted to discuss on this evening, we have this one. US and Ukraine close in on economic deal over rare earth minerals. I'm not gonna lie. Didn't see that as being the lynchpin for the deal, but also happy that it is. Uh, y'all give me a thumbs up if you can hear this one this time ever after redo it.
Speaker 13: Tonight, the US and Ukraine are inching closer to finalizing a key economic deal. If agreed to by both sides, it would give the US some of the money from Ukraine's rare earth minerals. The President Trump has its compensation for the US helping Ukraine in its work with Russia.
Speaker 3: It's all been worked out. We're happy about it, and I think that.
Speaker 1: Very importantly, we're going to be able to make.
Speaker 13: A deal, President Trump says. Ukrainian President Zelensky may visit Washington this week to sign the agreement. Zelenski says he wants definitive security guarantees for Ukraine from the US in the future.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I don't know exactly what deals Zelensky's hoping to gain from the US. However, it's interesting that the rare earth minerals would be the lynchpin that would make this deal go through, because I know, was it last week or maybe even earlier this week? It's the time stamp is getting a little fuzzy for me. But Zelensky was super mad that Putin and Trump had met up to discuss the end of the war and he wasn't invited, even though he absolutely was invited to the meeting. But you know whatever, And now Trump and Zelensky are supposed to meet up to talk about the other end of that deal, and now America's gonna get a cut of the take, so to speak, as far as the minerals go. What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, these rare earths are things like californium, And I just learned a week or so ago. My company uses californium for radiation something like. It's like smoke detectors that use amisium. It's these really rare elements that on the periodic table there are like seventy or eighty or ninety grams per mole. They're towards the bottom, and they're pretty rare in the universe, and they're very dense, and they mostly tend to stink below the Earth's crust, which is you know why they're not up here as much. But Russia's got a ton of them, China's got a ton of them, and my business or a related business under the same corporation, they actually failed to meet a major revenue target. I hope I'm not revealing too much, but it was because there's they couldn't get californium out of Russia or Ukraine, and I think even these disputed regions have a lot of these minerals underneath them. So yeah, my company is waiting to establish better relations with Russia, and you know, the EU in the western half of the country is half of the world really is waiting to see who's going to be controlling these assets. So yeah, it is important.
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Archer Daniels, Midland, DuPont, Monsanto and a couple other US companies have taken control of a lot of Ukrainian farmland, which wouldn't have been possible three years ago, but they rewrote their constitution to allow all that farmland to be used as compensation or collateral for all the billions of dollars they were getting in military aid. So Ukraine is very largely owned by the West now just in terms of acreage, liked percent of it, but I think it's like twenty percent of it.
Speaker 1: I could believe that as well. That's like the new Age imperialism, right. So now it's not the United States that's going to have a colony in Ukraine, but it will be hypothetically, of course, the United States corporations that will own the land and farm it or mine it or whatever the case is, which of course will go back to the US government. So it's new age imperialism. There's no governments in charge of it. It's all corporations. So all right, we'll see all that shakes out. Just pulled up this article the BBC as a matter of fact, what minerals does Ukraine have and what are they used for? This was posted fifteen hours ago, so apparently this is definitely a hot topic of debate. It says Ukraine has substantial supplies of key minerals, but some are now in Russian occupied territory. Ukraine has agreed to the outline of a major deal that would give the US access to Ukraine's mineral deposits, a senior official from Kiev has told BBC Kiev has faced growing pressure from Washington to seal the deal, which has been at the center of a rift between the United States and Ukrainian presidents. What minerals does Ukraine have? Kiev is estimated to have about five percent of the world's critical raw materials. Estimates that about five percent of the world's critical materials are in Ukraine. Five percent doesn't sound like a lot, but five percent of the world's critical role materials. That's that's a solid chunk, especially in a country that happens to be war torn at this moment. This includes some nineteen million tons of proven reserves of graphite, which the Ukrainian Geological Survey State Agency says that the nation quote one of the top five leading countries in quote for the supply of the mineral graphight is used to make batteries for electrical vehicles. Ukraine has seven percent of the world's supplies of titanium, a lightweight metal that is used in construction of everything from airplanes to power stations. You know, I will say that I hope that their titanium like starts getting used and maybe we'll get a cut rate deal because that brigandine that's set up right behind my helmet, that's a titanium brig. It's light. I like it, and I would like more parts of my armor to be made by titanium. And that shit's expensive. So I'm very much hope that we get a better deal on that. Of course, here we go. It also is home to a third of all European lithium deposits, the key component in current batteries. I just had a weird feeling that lithium was gonna make its way into the conversation. Before I pulled this up, I just I had a feeling in the bones that lithium was going to be one of these conflict minerals that was being discussed. Other elements found in Ukraine include beryllium and uranium, which are both critical for nuclear weapons and reactors. They had to throw the weapons in there, they had to. I would think that it'd be more critical for nuclear reactors in this day and age, but sure, we got to talk about the bombs. Deposits of copper, lead, zinc, silver, nickel, cobalt, and manganese are also significant. Further, Ukraine has significant deposits of rare earth metals. These are a group of seventeen elements that are used to produce weapons, wind, turbines, electronics, and other productive vitals products vital to the modern world. Turbines, Like, why would we even add that. That's that's just dumb, bro But uh, actually, with this BBC article, they have a map of Ukraine to show what minerals are where, and uh, yeah, titaniums are zinc, zirconian, excuse me, titanium and zirconium. They have some in the conflict areas. They have some rare earths in that area as well, But I mean the rest of Ukraine also has pretty solid deposits of these expensive minerals. So okay, Trump basically coming in there to make a deal if we can get a you know, cut rate on some of the stuff. I get this. Some of the mineral deposits, however, have been seized by Russia, according to Yulia sur Off Danko spur Of, Yeah, sure, I don't like when they mix like five consonants next to each other and expect us to just know how that ship's pronounced. Anyway, Ukraine's Economy Minister, resources worth three hundred and fifty billion dollars remain in occupied territories today. In twenty twenty two, the Secretary of Defense, a geopolitical risk consultancy based in Canada secdev Okay, excuse me, SECDEV, a geopolitical risk consultancy based in Canada, conducted an evaluation which established that Russia had occupied sixty three percent of Ukrainian coal mines, as well of half of its manganese, casium, tantalum, and rare earth deposits doctor Robert Muga. Muga principle of secdev says that such mineral add a strategic and economic dimension in Russia's continued aggression. By seizing them, he says, Moscow denies access to revenue for Ukraine, expands its own resource base, and influences global supply chains. Okay, so wait a minute, why does the US want Ukraine's minerals? Well, I mean, I would just say business as whole, but all right, critical minerals are the foundation of the twenty first century economics. They are keys to renewable energy, military applications, and industrial infrastructure in play a growing strategic role in geopoliticals, geopolitics and geoeconomics, he said. Additionally, the US is keen on a deal for Ukraine's mineral resources because it wants to reduce dependency on China, which controls seventy five percent of rare earth deposits in the world according to Geological Investment Group. In December, China banned the export of some rare earth minerals to the US, having previously limited mineral exports to the US in the previous year. Okay, so how would a deal help Kiev exploit its minerals. Some commentators have described the US offer as colonial. Hey, that's like I said earlier, how about that? But Kiev is interested in joint exploration of its resources. According to the World Economic Forum, Ukraine has about twenty thousand mineral deposits covering one hundred and sixteen tight but only about fifteen percent of sites were being actively exploited at the time of Russia's full scale invasion in twenty twenty two. For instance, the country's sizeable lithium deposits are still largely untapped. Likewise, rare earth deposits are known to exist, but none of them have yet been mined because of a lack of investment. Developing these mineral resources is extremely difficult and expensive. According to Irania Spernum, Whatever, chief executive of Geological Investment Group, a mining advisory firm based in Ukraine, She argues that if Ukraine can attract US investors to help develop its natural resources, it will be highly beneficial for the country's economy. We will get technologies in our mining industry that our mining industry lacks so much, she explained. We will get capital that means more jobs, tax payments, and we will receive revenue from the development of mineral deposits. So Ukraine is on board as long as that means that America will help foot some of the bill that goes into the mining of these minerals. And America's on board because that means that that's one less thing we got to worry about from China. So okay, okay. So we're talking about potentially ending the war quote unquote. I don't know if that's exactly what's going to lead to this here. I don't know if one plus one equals two in that regard, but I could see it helping in a lot of ways. Tony, You, being the resident Russia Ukraine correspondent, what is your take on this?
Speaker 2: I wish I were more knowledgeable, but my overall take is I hope that we can get along with both of these countries. It's just after World War Two. I feel like it took about five years for America to get along with Germany and Japan, and it was only, unfortunately driven by enmity against the Soviet Union. So I hope we don't develop a new enemy to rally against. And I'm really hoping that Russia and Ukraine can can bury the hatchet like the American North and South did after the Civil War, and that we can all be one big, happy family. I realized, maybe that's too optimistic. We can just exploit these minerals together, the same with same with China. I first heard more about this with regard to China a few years ago and how we get a lot of europium from them. It used to be used to make the red pixels in crttvs, and since those are going away, we don't need as much europium anymore. But I worked for a company that actually used a lot of europium and it was more expensive than gold, if I remember correctly. We were getting that from China. And you know, I feel like market forces should just be able to distribute any of these rare metals anywhere. And well, anyway, I think the war between in Ukraine is reaching its natural conclusion because the lot of the battle lines are not moving that far and I'm really hoping that they will just freeze where they are and luganskill be Russia, Dunets her Suns and Zapparosia are going to be divided. There's probably gonna be a Ukrainian Dunyats Gonna and the Russian dunyetskna Ukrainian Zaporosia and a Russian Zepparosia.
Speaker 1: So more of like a DMZ type situation like the ending quote unquote of the Korean War.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe like a five mile thick stretch of of a buffer zone. Perhaps maybe maybe not, I don't know. And hopefully maybe it'll even be like jam Mun Kashmir between India and Pakistan, where those used.
Speaker 8: To be.
Speaker 2: States of sorts that were not an autonomous I don't know what the right word is, but now the border between India and Pakistan goes right between both of them, if I understand correctly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if I'm not mistaken, Pakistan is not exactly happy about it. Neither is India. They don't like the way the lines were drawn, but neither of them want to go to war over it. At this time. They keep popping off like they want to and then like taking it down a notch. It's like that, that's like a pot on the on the stove that's like almost boiling over, and then like it goes down on its own and almost boils over and goes down. India and Pakistan still hate each other to this day.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, definitely. And yeah, I think the populations of those two regions, Gammu and Kashmir, they're heavily Muslim on both sides of the border, right and the Indian side, I mean the side that belongs to India. If they could just have a referendum on it, they'd vote to join Pakistan, but India won't allow it. That's my understanding. I've I've heard a very I've heard a very pro Pakistan slant from one of my old co workers, But I also have another a friend of my wife, my wife went to college with them, who is on the very pro India side and really hates Pakistan. I haven't completely gotten his take on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean I like us not having to resort to China to every little thing, because I mean, I've been saying that for years. China has been trying to take over the world, but not in a military conquest side of it. They've been trying to take over in the financial sector, and they've been trying to take over in the business sector. That's why all these minerals have to come through them, because they're the ones that have set up the mining operations and all of the Western powers left shop, not just I mean pretty much in every country in Africa right now. Most of the mining operations that are going on, and yes, not like the blood diamond, not like the full on slavery that's going on in Africa right now, but a lot of the things that used to be owned by Western mining companies are now owned by Chinese mining companies. So whenever we see that there might be a deal struck that can help get some of that off of China to where we don't have to go to them, I'm on board. And I know I got my biases on that, but I like it thus far. Let's see, let's check this chat here. Zombie said, rare earth is where all the money is, but with the huge green push, a lot of places are wrapped up in red tape. A lot of these are our finite also. Yeah, no, I fully agree with that. And that's the thing. China does not give a fuck about the earth or any kind of green deals whatsoever, which is why they do what they do and why they are the go to person country whatever. For all the rare earth minerals, Ukraine has twenty critical raw minerals one hundred percent with one hundred and eleven billion in coal or in iron. Yeah, and a corner of the BBC article, we just read. Most of that coal, which is where the iron ore comes from in that regard is currently under Russian control, which I think Russia is happy with. You know, they're to make their money off the deal. Hold On, Zombie sent a link. Let's see what this one's about the Moscow Times. Oh well, we simply must read about this one here. Hold on, share the screen. Here we go. Let's read about it in the Moscow Times. Rare Earth's for aid Ukraine's minerals threatened by war. US President Donald Trump has signaled he could trade aid to Kiev in its fight against Russia's invasion for access to Ukraine's rare earth's medals key elements used in electronics. How here are the facts about Ukraine's overall mining reserves, some of them in regions controlled by Moscow, and the strategic and commercial stakes for the United States. Trump said on Monday he wanted to negotiate an agreement with Kiev guaranteeing supplies of specific category of rare earth medals. The US Geological Survey indicated in a report that the United States depends on imports for some critical minerals, while China is leading excuse me is the leading producer of such minerals, including rare earths. Ukraine has said it has strategic rare earth metals such as beryllium in six locations, but it does not have large reserves of these. The EU Commission to described the country as quote a potential source of over twenty critical raw minerals fifteen trillion dollars in minerals. Forbes Ukraine in April of twenty twenty three estimated that Ukraine's mineral resources amounted to one hundred and eleven billion tons worth fourteen point eight trillion dollars, mostly coal and iron ore, but more than seventy percent of these resources were in the Dunetsk and Luhansk regions partly controlled by Russia. And Tony helped me out on that word.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a zoom in. No, I can't see it anymore.
Speaker 1: Dni pro dinimber.
Speaker 2: Petrufsk probably sorry, I can't even see.
Speaker 1: It, dinya protrufsk ye bro.
Speaker 2: The first D is silent.
Speaker 1: Of course, It's like Django, where Moscow's forces are approaching. The Washington Post in August of twenty twenty two had estimated the value of Ukraine's mineral reserves as high as twenty six trillion dollars, nearly half of that in areas under Russian control. Interesting. I wonder if that's why Russia was so keen to get those locations thirty eight billion dollars in lithium. Demand for lithium is booming. It is essential in making batteries for electric vehicles in the green energy transition. Yeah Forbes Ukraine wrote that in twenty twenty three, Ukraine has thirty three million tons of lithium or worth thirty eight billion dollars. Russia is advancing near the large.
Speaker 2: Shit ching kievski.
Speaker 1: Yep lithium deposit in Donetsk and has captured another deposit at Kruta Baka Balka in Zaparizia region. Big titanium reserves Ukraine is said in twenty twenty two investment presentation that it is one of the top ten countries in the world for proven reserves of titanium, according to seven percent of the global production. As of twenty twenty three, The United States imported more than ninety five percent of its titanium. According to the US Geological Survey titanium is used in aerospace and electronics nineteen million tons of graphite. We talked about that earlier. Iron ore. In twenty twenty two, Ukraine ranked tenth in the world's in terms of its share of iron production according to World Mining Data. Prior to Russia's full scale invasion twenty twenty two, Ukraine was the fifth biggest iron ore exporter in the world at six point eight billion dollars in twenty twenty one. I mean, that's not a little chunk of change by any stretch of the imagination. Uranium and more. Ukraine also has substantial reserves of other sought after elements, including uranium, manganese, mercury, and gallium metal used in electronics. So there we have it. They absolutely have untapped, very lucrative mining reserves, and that, in my opinion, is probably one of the main reasons why this whole special military operation took place in the first to go. I mean, I'm not saying it's one hundred percent of why. It was absolutely because Ukraine kept trying to join NATO. It is because a lot of Russia bought, you know, their food from the farmland that Ukraine at the time owned these days, it is going to be owned by America whatever. But I mean to say that these moves weren't made strategically to take over the mines as well. I could see it. I absolutely see. It's a resource grab, the same as any other war. It's about land and resources, same book, different chapter, honestly. But yeah, so we shall see if T is able to make this deal happen and bring a I'm not going to say a swift into this war because I really don't see it being a clean cut ending of any of this at all. But if we were to get a little bit of money off the top for these minerals and we no longer had to go to Asia to get him, I see that as a win win, honestly. I mean, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fully agree that it must have been an asset that was on the table and brought into the calculation on both sides as to whether the war would be worth it. But it's probably maybe ten or twenty percent of the reason, and the other eighty percent has to do with NATO and the public opinion on the ground. So yeah, all these things factored or should have factored into the reasons for the war on both sides, if both sides were at least somewhat competent and rational about it.
Speaker 1: Agreed. Now, as far as the competency and rationale of high ranking officials of different governments and things and stuff, let's go ahead and go into the next conversation here. Over one hundred national intelligence officers fired over sexually explicit chat rooms. Yeah, I didn't see this one coming on the BINGO card for this week, but apparently Tulsey Gabberd has found some things out about some of her agents, and you know what, let's just let it play.
Speaker 14: More than one hundred intelligence officers are now being fired for allegedly participating in sexually explicit conversations in National security agency chat rooms. Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabberg made the announcement yesterday, calling this a violation of trust. Intelligence agencies were told to identify employees who participated in the chatroom conversations and fired their employment by Friday. Those officers will also have their security clearances revoked. The NSA says misuse of those platforms won't be tolerated and that investigations are on go.
Speaker 1: More than one Okay, so you know, I so to say that you have like a chat with your coworkers and some offensive memes might get shared from time to time or something like that. Okay, all right, I get it. These are employees of the NSA, right, These are the people that have the Patriot Act under their jurisdiction, and they're spying on everybody. I am not happy to hear what they're talking about, you know, as far as that goes, because I mean, okay, is it possible that they're just talking about the hot chip from the office and that's that's what's in the group chat or something like that. It's possible. But because it's the NSA in particular, I can only see this going in the darkest of internet corners, honestly, and over a hundred of them are being fired over this. That's kind of major. Now. I don't know if this is all from one office or if this is a collective thing or whatever the case is. But man of all the people to make the call on this, y'all got Tulsi Gabbard. Y'all got Lieutenant Colonel Gabbard up in this bitch who's basically saying, oh, really, this is the level of professionalism that y'all are bringing to my organization. Yeah, we're just gonna go ahead and nix that right off the rip. That was a wild one. I mean, y'all chime in on this one for sure. Hold On, let's do with your guy in the chatt here. Hold on. I think it just goes beyond just Jackie the bathroom. Uh yeah, Alex, I hope this goes beyond that. If this is just a bunch of office guys, they're sharing porn, like just porn links and that's what it is. I feel like that wouldn't go that far. But at the same time, they're using official chat groups to do that. I mean, I don't know. I don't know if these are there's all a bunch of office dickheads that have like a giant group me put together, and that's what they're sharing. It owner if this is like a giant Snapchat group of all these people. But again, if this was if this was USAID, if this is the Department of USAID where something like this was discovered, I feel like it would. Yeah, it needs to be handled, of course, but it's not. It's not the same. It doesn't carry the same weight as the NSSA, that's just me, you know, I don't know, I don't know. Let's see here, they they set up orgies and trains. Wait, Raven, or is that just you coming out and guestimating that or are you actually finding something saying that that's what they were doing, because man, that's a bit of a claim. What was that one? Oh wait? What was that cop? Y'all? Remember that lady cop that, come to find out, was hooking up with half of her department And the only reason that they got caught was because the chief tried to get in there and get a piece of it, and she told him no. So basically he blew the lid off of all of it. She was telling them all that her and her husband were swingers. In reality, he knew nothing about it, and like had these dudes over at his house for like barbecues and stuff. In reality, like eight of them were taking turns on his wife on the clock and he knew nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you remember everyone knows her face now. It became quite a meme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it did. I mean it wasn't like she was a ten by any means either. I Mean, I'll give it a very generous six point five on that, but apparently, you know, workplace Shenanigans was worth it to risk it for the biscuit, I guess, But Raven says she was a three. Look, I'm being very generous with that six point five, Okay, Like she wasn't like she wasn't a donut eating cop that was like two hundred pounds overweight by any means. But she was also like I think she had only been in the force for like two years, and at that point it was just all you could eat buffet of dick for her, I suppose, So she just went in with it and there her husband is just holding the bag, trying to trying to be a good old dude here and finding out that she's just getting railed out by half the department. And I don't know. If that's what the NSA is doing, then we have way more problems than just some inappropriate chats being had. But yeah, as we're talking about cutting out the wasteful government spending and sending out these vast emails out to see if people are even clocking or not, now we're losing NSA agents because of their misconduct, which for the record, we need less NSA agents. I think we can all get on board with that one as a matter of fact, so I'm not mad at it. I think it's hilarious that this is what they got fired for. But at least we are cutting the fat. We'll take it as a win as far as that's concerned. I was being nice with that three even you ask why you got to hate on their spicy group chat. You know, I'm not hating on the spicy group chat. I'm just saying, if you're gonna do a spicy group chat, perhaps perhaps you don't do it on a official government forum or an official government chat. And also with that being said, this is the NSA, Like, this is the agency that gets paid to spy on the people. Shocker that their boss was spying on them. I find that to be the big with that Spider Man meme where they're all pointing at each other, this is that, and now a hundred of them just lost their jobs over it. I think this is great. You know, again, I didn't see that one coming. As I was looking through the news feed of random things to bring up on this episode. That was a fun one to discover.
Speaker 2: So you know, I got a few more thoughts about it. If you've ever worked anywhere that makes you do sexual harassment training, there's a pretty low bar in terms of, oh, this is offensive, this is against company policy, And if they want to throw the book at you, they can easily do that with memes and stuff like this. I imagine. Another thing is I'm wondering what ed Edward Snowden's thinking about this, if he has an opinion. But he also talked about how he had co workers looking up their girlfriends whereabouts and spying on their girlfriends and spying on their family and stuff like that. So absolutely, yeah, that's another reason we don't really need too many of these people. And the third thing is I think that what tempts guys, especially but maybe some women to it to share this explicit stuff, is that it it feels like it creates more trust between them. It kind of like you know, guys swearing at each other at work and stuff like that. It turns it into it deliberately turns it into into a less professional environment. But also you know, like you're really bros with these people, and sometimes they want to cultivate more of a relationship like that, but it can really blow up in your face.
Speaker 1: Uncohesion. Yeah, I get that. I mean there is a time and place for that. I agree, But again, like you got to cover your tracks like you're working for the NSA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should only be doing that in person with each other.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, I mean you do that at the bar over a couple of bruskis with your co workers and you talk some shit that you know, there's ways about that. But man, wait, okay, hold on, hold on, let's read here. Zombie just shared something in the chat here. Gabbart announced the firings in a Tuesday night appearance on Fox News, but did not say what the employees discussed in what appeared to be private employees support groups or private employee support groups. That sounds a little more official than a group snapchat. I could be wrong, or why it continued, or why it constituted grounds for dismissal. She said the employees were using the chat rooms inappropriately to talk about really really horrific behavior. See now it goes a little less funny because at first, I was thinking, like, bro, because she's Tulsa Gabbard's not unattractive to most people. I was thinking that maybe she saw a group chat of dudes talking about her. So she was like, hmm, yeah, I'm not standing for that. They're all fired if it's the NSA and these are the people that find the pedophilic rings and things like that, and she is describing it as really really horrific behavior. Now it's got me a little more concerned about things. It says there were over one hundred people from across the intelligence community that contributed to and participated in this what is really just an egregious violation of trust, basic rules and standards around professionalism. Gabert said, I put out a directive today that they all will be terminated and their security clearances will be revoked. Apparently, it goes on to say that it was a wide ranging discussions of sex, kink, polyamory, and castration. Okay, Now again context matters, So like was it talking about like the castration of Barack Obama or something? You know what I mean, Like, okay, that'd be funny, or castrating pedophiles? All right, I'm good with it. If it wasn't that, and it was more disgusting, then you see what I'm saying. It's like it's it's it's gonna get messy, it's gonna get messy, obscene, pornographic, and sexually explicit chat rooms by Friday. According to D and I spokesperson Alexa Henning, one popular chat topic was gender affirming surgery. Was it roof reported using outdated terminology? Okay, I feel like I feel like the outdated terminology might have been the British term for a cigarette. I could be wrong. I could be wrong, but I just have a feeling that they were talking about what used to be Internet words that were set on Xbox Live chats when we were in middle school. I could be wrong. Yes, yes, Scott, Alex, Yes that was the word I was referring to, but apparently reads hard. We reclaimed you could say that one again. They tried banning that word and we got that one back. But apparently that particular F word is seen as like the cardinal sin of things. And yeah, people are retarded.
Speaker 8: Anyway, you guys, all the paths I.
Speaker 1: Would I would like to think that I have a pass on that, but yeah, you have a pass on that, Alex. I'm pretty sure there's not a single gender affirming term, hate for or not that you couldn't say. You are a resident trans correspondent, so I you know, what I mean, You're like, you're like the resonant black guy that you used to say the N word that you can't say, so you just point out him and he knows to say it. You're like that for the chat right now here we go. It says, uh, chat logs with purported conversations among employees in which they detailed their sex lives after transitioning, as well as hair removal, estrogen injections, and the experience of sexual pleasure post castration.
Speaker 15: All right, uh hmm, yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't really ready for that one. I don't know how a person who was born a biological male, right, and I don't know. I'm not speaking on behalf of people that have gone through the surgery and postop trainees and things. I don't know how that goes down as far as the feeling of sexual gratification goes for them. And I'm not going to pretend to speak on their behalf, but post castration and the experience of sexual pleasure, you know, And these were NSA agents that were talking about this. That's wait, the NSA agents were the post ops. Oh, now that's another level to this. Okay, quote, we're brazen in doing this because when was the last time anyone was really held accountable. Certainly not over the last four years. Certainly not over the last ten, maybe twenty years when we look at some of the biggest violations of the American people's trust in the intelligence community. Okay, well, that took a whole extra turn that I really wasn't expecting. I thought, this is a bunch of dudes being bros and being a little extra in a chat room. That wow, wow, and now we're here. Okay, anybody want to chime in on this one this? Yeh, thanks Raven, Yeah, you're welcome. You ask, all right if anybody would like to chie him in here that I don't exactly know what to do. I feel like my brain just hit a weird reboot, you know. Yep, Okay, about what I expected. Okay, moving on to the next topic. Holy shit, cool. Yeah. You know, you get a game plan together, you make some ideas, and then next thing you know, you're down a whole other winding road you didn't intend to go down. I stand by my statement. I'm happy that the NSA is losing employees. I think we need to go ahead and just chop that off by ninety percent. More than likely. I'm not a big fan of the government spying on its own people. I feel like we need to be spying on other countries. But ye know, yeah, cool, yeah, you know. The more I ponder what I just read, the worse it gets. Honestly I did yep. Okay, So let's move on here, breaking down the Supreme Court's reverse discrimination case. I don't exactly have an opinion on this one. I found it and thought that it was interesting, but it sounds more like the pendulum swinging the opposite direction of where it has gone the last four years. But let me know what y'all think about this. Let's check it out.
Speaker 16: We begin this evening at the Supreme Court, where the nine justices heard oral arguments in the case of Marlene Ames. Ames was an employee at the Ohio Department of Youth Services who applied for promotion. The role was given to another employee, a gay woman. Ames was then demoted her position filled by a gay man. Ames, who is straight, claims her sexual orientation was an issue in each decision. That's the story her lawyers presented today and joining us now is Jessica Elevensin CBS News legal and analysts and Loyal and law school professor Jessica what's that issue with this case?
Speaker 10: So what's an issue really is what standard are we going to use under a federal statue, Title seven when it comes to workplace discrimination claims? And specifically, are we going to use a different standard for people who are members of the majority, whether that be in this case, people who are straight or people who are white. What standard will we use in order to prove that there is in fact workplace discrimination?
Speaker 16: And in oral arguments there was this. I think it was Gorst who said there was radical agreement. Was that a little bit or in the whole thing? And if so, what were they agreeing about.
Speaker 10: I think there was radical agreement that the idea that the standard would be different, meaning harder for people in the majority to prove a workplace discrimination claim was not proper. And what do we mean by not proper? That it was no, not a proper reading of Title seven of that statute.
Speaker 8: So I think there was.
Speaker 10: Quote radical agreement, and we don't talk about this very often when the court agrees, but based on the idea that you can't have different standards for different people. If there is discrimination, then there should be the same burden that everybody faces in trying to prove those claims.
Speaker 16: And if they find for aims, then she will have to go back and win in court. Let me ask you now about Marburi versus Madison, which is the case today was a part of judicial review. Marbori versus Madison, the anniversary of which is this week. Why is that such an important case in all of these cases in this system we talk about so often.
Speaker 10: Well, it's so important because it says, federal judges, you have a role to play in our three branch system. And here's what it is. As you've said, it's judicial review. So it's not just what the constitution means. But it's looking at statutes. We've been talking about Title seven today. It's looking at popularly enacted statutes where the executive and the political and excuse me, the legislative agree, and it's judges saying, but we have the last say. We can tell you whether or not that statue is proper, and we can help interpret it. It's a huge part of our system.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, and I don't know the nuances to this case, right, I don't know if she put in for this promotion and didn't get it because the person, regardless of sexual orientation or anything else, because they were better suited for that position. I don't know, okay, and I can even accept that. Then she got removed from the position she was in and the person that took that position happened to be a gay man. Again, I don't know the nuances if there was, like she already okay, let's look at it from both sides here, okay, completely open here. If she put in for this job already, she sucked at the job she was currently operating out and I don't know, don't know, but if she currently was not up to par in the position she hailed, that may be a reason why she didn't get that promotion. And maybe they were already looking to remove her in favor of somebody more qualified or better suited for the job. I don't know. However, I could see why she would think that this was a play against her right, like they were making moves against cisgendered white women, I suppose, in favor of people that aligned more with the LGBTQ plus element OPABC community. I don't know, but like I said, I feel like this is kind of more of like the pendulum swinging back the opposite direction from what we saw from the past. I kind of want to say more like twelve years. It wasn't just the last four. It's not like Biden really cared as far as the unity of these things were concerned. Trump came in and he was very clear, like he doesn't care who you want to bang or who you want to marry, like that is beyond something. He gives a fuck about. Obama. He was there and he was very pro all of these things, but it was Congress that had to pass the laws and make everything legal and all that. So, I mean, are we gonna start seeing more of this? Y'all? Think if a person loses their job to somebody that identifies with that community, are they immediately going to say that they're being they're being ostracized because they're straight. I don't know. I could see it. I could see that becoming more of a thing. But at the same time, it's gone all the way to Supreme Court, so I feel like how they rule on this will also lead to a lot of legal precedence to all of what happens next. And you, no, h that's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be very interesting to see how this case plays out, because they are gonna absolutely take lead from this to go. I mean, this is at the federal level, and I get that, but the states are gonna take their lead from this, and they're gonna start making it to where if certain people lose their jobs. And that's the other thing too, how much of it's gonna be bullshit? Right? How much of it's gonna be somebody that showed up to work drunk a bunch of times, they lose their job, the person that takes it over their position happens to be gay, and then they're gonna try to sue the company for some sort of like prejudice against them, and how many of that will be justified as well. It's gonna be a very interesting thing to see how it plays out. Let's see here. Raven Lee says there's too much context missing to understand what is happening with this case. There was kickbacks for a lot of companies that checked boxes like gay, liberal, black, Mexican, disabled, et cetera. Right agreed, it's a double edged sword because there is discrimination for straight or gay people. That's I guess that also depends on the type of industry you're in. Right, Like, I mean, I know, we always make jokes about Hollywood, but at the same time, to say that you are a double or triple minority, you're probably gonna get accepted in Hollywood a lot sooner than a sis gendered straight white male. I feel like that's a pretty easy thing to guess. But at the same time, if you're trying to go to like an engineering firm, well, no, that's not necessarily true. I know tons of gay engineers that are killing it at their job right now. I guess. I guess it just really depends on the industry and the job feel that you choose to go into. If you would experience some sort of discrimination based off of that type of thing, I could absolutely see that being the case, And then I could also see that being a wash as well. You know, I know it depends there should be a serious test or something for jobs that is blind reviews based solely on how a person performs. I agree, But then again, it also depends on the job and on the field, like Okay, for instance, and I know I'm drawing on my own experiences for this one, but bear with me. I went on a ton of interviews to get jobs in different oil refineries and chemical plants at one point in time, and I missed out on a lot of those jobs. Usually there was nepotism involved, which that is the way of the world. If you're not networking, you're not working. And if you're really qualified for that job, but some supervisor has a nephew that also needs a job that happened to be on interviewing the same day as you. Hey to break it to you're probably a getting the job that guy is and okay, fine, that's how the world works. But there there was a lot of also, like they were trying to see if the person was the right fit for the crew. Take away religious dogma and racial bio and gender preferences and all of that just for two seconds. Certain places operate at a more laid back and slow scale, and they don't want somebody who's super high strung in there because that's not the way that this place flows. They want to make sure you're going to be a good team member for the team that they have built. Flip that script. There are certain places that are very high pace and they need somebody that's go go, go, go go, And if you're more of a laid back person, that's more like, look, we'll have a little meeting about it. We'll do this, and then we'll do that. They don't want you and the crew either, because you're not going to be a good fit for the team they've built. So I could see that kind of going that direction as well. That being said, yeah, like you said, Raven, it is a double edged sword on that one. And while there should be meritocracy in all facets of professional workplaces, it's a slippery slope because at what point does that does professionalism and a good fit. You're trying to find that perfect fit, right, the perfect gel to go across all of it. Sometimes it's not always the case, but especially in cases like this though, right like this person lost their job and I don't know if they were fired, they were demoted. They still maintain their employment. So that's the thing. I it'll be a very interesting turn of events to see how this case plays out. Absolutely Royce chimed in here and said, but they didn't care before this point because discrimination only goes one way. Yeah, yeah, discrimination has only gone one way up until now, and with the Supreme Court currently stacked more on the conservative side of things, like I said, it'll be very interesting to see how this one plays out. I don't know. It's one of those things. So just wanted to bring that up and wanted to air it out here and see what everybody thought about it. I'm going to go ahead and share the screen woman again. I think I had one more thing I wanted to share, didn't I? No, I did not.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: We already talked about the minerals. Okay, fair enough, all right, cool Tony, I know you had something that you wanted to discuss on this episode.
Speaker 2: Well, this may even relate to the topic of discrimination a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think that I am going to discriminate against female Indian dentists from now on for my sake. And now, if I tell you the whole story this is going to take.
Speaker 1: I did. That's a very specific niche market that you're discriminating against your brother.
Speaker 2: But all right, and I wish I could be more scientific about it. I don't know if it's the fact they're female or the fact they're Indian that causes them to behave like this one hundred percent of the time in my limited experience, But let me let me tell you a bit of a story back in back in twenty fourteen. I hadn't been to the dentist in a long time, but I started going and it was this older Germanic Armenian guy, interesting blend, and he gave me six fillings between a bunch of teeth because I give was my it was my fault for being stupid and not taking care of myself. But that was all I needed. And then twenty fifteen and twenty sixteen, no need for any more work. But in twenty seventeen, one day he was out of the office and his female Indian coworker was substituting for him, and she said, oh, you have four more cavities here, here, here, and here, And I was kind of dubious. I thought, I don't feel like I've had any pain or anything, so you know, I don't want to get these fillings. And you know, they had the paperwork ready to go. I'm like, hey, just sign here, and I was like, no, no, no, no, no, I don't think I need this. Next checkup, it was back to the old dude, the Germanic art Median dude, and he didn't even notice anything. And I said, well, hey, what about here, here, here, and here, And he said, there's nothing there. Don't worry about that. I could write it down if you want me to. No, you don't need anything anyway. Twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, or fine, twenty twenty and twenty one, I got a new dentist. He was a male Japanese American and he also didn't notice anything. And I asked him, what about here, here, here, and here, and he said, oh, no, don't worry about it. Then in twenty twenty one, I moved to Texas and a former coach, very lady back guy, and again he didn't notice anything. And I asked, what about here, here, here, and here, and he says, no, big deal, don't worry about it. And then finally he retired at the end of twenty twenty three. And in twenty twenty four the office was bought by an Indian woman and I go in and all of a sudden, Oh, you got cavities here, here, here, and here. We need to fill these And I said, nah, I don't think so. Sorry, I'm gonna forego treatment. Six months later again, hey, when are you going to get these done? You need to get these done. I said no, no, no, no thanks. And then yesterday I went back and it was a new Indian lady. But she said, oh, no, I found five of them right here. Oh, and this one's really really bad. You really need to get this one filled right away. And I said, ah, man, you see, I want to forego treatment. They wanted me to sign things right away and I just said I don't think so.
Speaker 8: Sorry. Sorry.
Speaker 2: So this morning I went to another dentist or a second opinion, which I had never done before, and he was, I guess, fifty years old and white, and I think he's Mormon. Not that you know that should make much difference.
Speaker 1: But somehow it does, though, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but he's He probed me and took X rays and he said there is nothing wrong. You don't need anything. And I just hate these dentists out there who scam people. And no, it was a whole conversation, but I thought, this is the best state the dentist I've ever had, because the first time was thinking, oh, you might be borderline here on this one. But no, he's like, you don't need any of this. These people scam you, and you know, race and ethnicity and the like. Gender did not come up. But I've had three female Indian dentists, and all of them have been the exact same experience, and I don't think I'll have another one.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have, you know, similar feelings towards Vietnamese dentists strictly because there was one I had a cap that popped off that he put in, I might add, and I'm saying Vietnamese because his name is Win, so clearly he's one of the VC fucking Charlie and so all right. I asked him for a gold cap for multiple reasons. One of those would be because at heart I am but white trash. Okay, it is what it is, and I already have one. On one side, it would have been a match. On the other side, I thought it was pimp but whatever, and uh, you boy put in a porcelain cap because that's the standard these days. But but but it pops off. U. This was about six months later, I might add, fine, fine, wait what happened here? I'm sorry, something popped up on the screen and okay, it hurt like a bitch. I call them up and I say, hey, this just happened. I'm coming in. Oh uh, we don't know if it could fit you in today. I'm like ma'am, I have an exposed nerve and it feels like someone's shoving a red hot ice pick into my jaw. Y'all are gonna see me whether I'm on your little schedule or not. I don't know what else it's I'm going to be at your office very irate in about thirty minutes. You can prepare for that, or I can make myself known when I get it doesn't matter to me like no, So they gave me the run around. Thankfully, I had a my ex wife's aunt is a dental assistant. She was able to fit me in, like it took five minutes. It took five minutes to scrape off the old stuff put it back on correctly this time. And that's my point. It's like, Okay, well, you know what, fuck that Vietnamese dentist. And I'm not saying that's indicative of all dentists from Vietnam, but I'm definitely saying that that guy sucks dick for crack. So you know, I mean, I get it all right. So you're saying that there's a little bit of a stigma towards at least in your experience, has been three for three on email Indian dentists that suck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and the other dentists say, ah, man, they're not. I didn't bring up ethnicity or gender at all, but they just said, yeah, some dentists out there are these real scammers, and most people don't get a second opinion. But sometimes you got to be your advocate. You gotta do that. You got to look it up back in twenty fourteen. That's what started getting me interested in nutrition and the Western Price found and how nutrition is probably like sixty to eighty percent of the battle in keeping your teeth healthy. Western Price was a dentist about one hundred years ago who investigated how animal fats and vitamins and fat soluble vitamins like D and K two are so important for calcium transport. And I could go on and on about that, but yeah, nutrition is pretty important and you just got to be your own advocate there.
Speaker 1: You don't really see many Indian dentists now I think about it. You usually seems really.
Speaker 2: I mean on Google maps and stuff. Yeah, there's a lot of them, even in Texas, and I remember quite a few of them in California too, or at least in the Dallas area.
Speaker 1: I've only seen them as far as like doctors for sure, but I mean, you know, I know dentists are technically doctors too, yeah, but it's it's they're not seen as doctors by you know, actual doctors. But you know, that being said, I've only ever seen Indian people in surgery rooms or with an MD by their name. I don't think I've ever actually met or seen a dentist of Indian descent. I mean it's not like I just know all there is to know about dentistry or you know whatever. But that's fascinating. I mean, most of their most Indian families tell their kids to be doctors and lawyers. But like if you were a dentist, I feel like that'd be like be bringing home like a C plus on a test. Like they're not fucking happy about it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, I don't know what. There's a lot of them that do other chips, like Sam Hyde was joking about, there's so many of them at gas stations and motels and stuff. And I travel a lot for my living and it's very often Indian people. And usually I have no problem with them if they're running a hotel or motel.
Speaker 1: No, they're great people. You know, I think their food is insane. I cannot palette the taste of most of their cuisine. But you know, they seem to be good people just trying to make their way in this world. Just wow. Okay, So typically female Indian dentists in my experience. As I'm getting ready to finish that sentence, I could just hear it sounding racist. But like, you know, I mean, you're three for three on this and at that point, that's that's a pattern. Mm hmm. Maybe they just don't like you, bro.
Speaker 2: Well well, no, my new dentist said, I've seen a lot of people coming over from that old office. You're not the only one. There's plenty of other people who say, man, I haven't had a kevity in like five years, and all of a sudden they tell me I have nine. You know, there's something off about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're trying to make that money, bro, they're trying to scout people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, those five they would have made eight hundred dollars. So yeah, there's a clear incentive there, and they just lower their threshold and maybe they even believe it that oh yeah you really need this. Maybe they actually believe it, and you know, one of the easiest people to lie to is yourself. But that's still no excuse.
Speaker 1: God, that's wild man. Well, okay, as far as the discrimination goes and meritocracy being what it is, yeah, that kind of did play in a weird type of way, but it played in nonetheless. I'll be dangous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a customer, as a private citizen who's not filling out employment paperwork like W two's, you are allowed to discriminate for any reason you want and ask you that's not literally what I'm doing. Yeah, I'm going to be really suspicious going forward.
Speaker 1: Those dentists, did they sound like they were from the Old Country or did they sound like they were born and raised here and had no accents? That's also kind of important.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 2: The first one in twenty seventeen was definitely Punjabi. The second one also was definitely from overseas. The third one, who I just saw yesterday, had perfect American accent as far as I could tell. So two out of three were from the Old Country.
Speaker 1: So two out of three we're first generation and the second generation didn't seem to be much of a didn't give you no warm and fuzzy feeling either, so damn yeah, to one could be a one off. Two, it might even be you know, just bad luck. Three is a pattern that's that's kind of hard to ignore. Man, Damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, figure I'd share that. So yeah, everyone take care of your teeth and be your own advocate.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And I'm still going back to get that gold tooth put back in because I I think that's bad ass, and worst comes to worst, I pop that bitch out and sell it. So, I mean, you know, there's there's multiple levels as to the reasons for things, you know, But uh okay, uh, I guess I didn't really have much else to go on on this evening. If anybody else is anything that they would like to bring up, please air it out and let's let's chat about it. Otherwise, think we might rap early on this one, Alex. I hope we didn't offend you earlier talking about the things and the stuff. Although you're you seem to be home and not at work, so now I'm very curious. Okay, what is your take on that post castration sexual pleasure. I don't I'm not asking if you're a post or pre op or whatever. That's none of my business. But I don't know how that goes down, and my brain is still a little extra fried on this, so please help me out here.
Speaker 17: No, he didn't look at me for that. I do think too far.
Speaker 8: I don't really know how it works. I didn't look into any of that, okay, so.
Speaker 1: Just stupid. This is why you are a resident trans correspondent because you, as you said in the messages, when I when you first told me that that's what the situation was, You're like, yeah, I'm trans, but I'm not retarded, And I'm like, I fucking love you. You get it.
Speaker 8: I'm not a fucking retard, yes.
Speaker 1: Indeed, okay, and I'm is it weird that now I want to read the transcripts from those chats to see what the fuck they were talking about, because it's like those those tidbits are like almost too incredible to believe that that's what was being discussed. But now that I know that, it's like, all right, I need more clarification. Now I don't even know Royce, what are your thoughts on this, bro, our resident Jewish correspondent, Please chime in?
Speaker 9: That's I mean, as you said before, part of it is some people getting together and just trying to try to talk and try to talk shop because hey, well this is cool and this is cool, and just you know, one leads to another, a leads to be, leads to see, leads to really bad shit. Right, it can be very easy to also get complacent. Right, So if you start talking about things and there's no moderator and there's no one.
Speaker 8: Well, oh well, nobody's watching it.
Speaker 9: Yeah I know I'm on a government computer or I know I'm being watched, but like no one said anything, so it's okay, right, And especially if they're labeling it as oh, well, we're just affirming this, or we're not we're not slutshaming, we're not translating whatever.
Speaker 8: It's kind of using it under that kind of guys.
Speaker 9: Also retarded and ridiculous, very very sad, But like that just shows the corruption of the people who are supposed to be watching us.
Speaker 8: So if the people who are in this.
Speaker 9: Power are watching us and they're doing this, it's like you're not being very good examples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I agree. Yeah, that's what a weird turn for this to take in that regard. But this is this is twenty twenty five, y'all. This is the world that we are currently living in I guess. I guess to some people that whole conversation would be deemed normal. I you know, it'd be like that. Okay, super out of left field. But Royce, while I got you here, what does the word emmett mean in Hebrew?
Speaker 8: Brush proof?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 8: Truth is in like lie the opposite of a lie. Truth?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, so you're so so you're talking about what you're talking about?
Speaker 8: What goes on the forehead of gollum?
Speaker 1: You knew exactly what I was talking about, yes.
Speaker 8: And by the way, so so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: And then when you erase the olif, which is the very first letter of that three letter H word, it becomes mate or mace, and that is the word for death.
Speaker 1: Oh so true. It brings it to life, and then death makes it go back to being clay incorrect.
Speaker 9: And then there's also like, I believe a piece of parchment with one of God's names on it that goes inside the mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard. I think you might have told me that, or Jonathan might have told me that. I don't know, but okay, interesting, and it's one of the names of God.
Speaker 8: What are the names of God? Goes inside the mouth? I don't.
Speaker 9: I do not know which one that would be a that would be something that an.
Speaker 8: Actual Cabbalist would know.
Speaker 9: Got you okay, Because they have these fun esoteric traditions.
Speaker 1: I would love to have a conversation with one of them one day, but I also I feel like my biases would get in the way of having a productive conversation on that. It's the same way I want to have a real conversation with a true Satanist. And I mean I'm not even trying to have a fight with them or a debate with them, just serious questions as like why, what do you expect to gain from that? Is it? What do you think is happening next.
Speaker 9: Here's the thing, Contrary to popular belief, Cobblists are not these evil people who are trying to take over the world. So when people say, oh, well, they're a part of the cabal andkabala like no.
Speaker 8: This is this is completely incorrect.
Speaker 9: So kabbala, which does come from the Hebrew word kabail, which does mean to receive, are these are our traditions. These are things that are taught two masters. But it's only in a line of holiness, not anything else. So that's kind of an annoyance on on my part whenever I hear people speak very derogatorily or you know that, well, these views are doing this, these you are doing that. It's not not correct because when whenever you have these people that are in that level, they're doing everything, shame, shamime for the sake of heaven. So for for example, the Labavacher Rev who died at the nineteen ninety.
Speaker 8: One, I think.
Speaker 1: That's the one that people thought was the Messiah.
Speaker 9: Correct, that was one of the people that that group actually believed and still believes is the Messiah.
Speaker 8: Believe it or honest.
Speaker 9: There So there were times where he he would perform miracles.
Speaker 8: His father was and his father in law was a Cobbalist, and like.
Speaker 5: His father's name was Alah no no, his father in law was a like hold hold the fuck on here now, Okay, my bad continues.
Speaker 8: So sorry.
Speaker 9: So there are plenty of people that that study kabbala, that that actually study like a book called Tanya, which was also was written by the first Lebabareb, which kind of goes into some cobalistic ideas. You have other people name let's see uh one of the rabbis of of Breslav there.
Speaker 8: You know, they have a lot of works of uh that are in that are kabbala Sorry I can't speak, that are that way in nature.
Speaker 9: But everything is going towards holiness, and to gear it towards holiness and not the other and not the other way around. Like the whole idea is to not give power to the other side. Is only to do things and and holiness and only to.
Speaker 18: Do things right, like people that actually study this stuff that have from actual masters, not like these people that you know, talk to Madonna or other people and here we're.
Speaker 9: This little red bracelet and you're gonna be okay, Like these people that are.
Speaker 8: Just doing it for for the charms or for the lulls or whatever, that that's not a true form of cabal.
Speaker 9: Like they take these things and they'll either they'll take it out of context or not really understand it, because some of these things are so out of left field unless you actually know everything in depth. There, you know, you'll you'll read a story in the the Kabbalah and.
Speaker 8: It will not make a lick of sense.
Speaker 9: Unless you're actually able to understand, you know, what, why is this word use?
Speaker 8: Why is this other thing used?
Speaker 9: So no, but people who actually study and who teach the Gabala, it's a very very select few people.
Speaker 8: And these people are.
Speaker 9: Are not doing it for the sake of of ruling the world.
Speaker 8: They don't want that at all.
Speaker 9: What they want to do is help, in most cases, help the Jewish people, help their help their community.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 9: So, there was plenty of stories where there there were couples who were barren and the doctor said, you know, I'm sorry, you know, your your uterus just can't have children. That woman got a blessing from the rebbe and she gave birth and the doctor's like, how the hell is this possible? Like literally like you have no overag or you have no this like your reproduction organs shouldn't work yet yet these this woman, this couple where we'll have two, three, four children, so like and then that's just you know, one one story. There are literally thousands of stories where people would go not only to the Labavacherebb, but the Tasha Rebby who was in Tush, Canada.
Speaker 8: He probably died about five years ago.
Speaker 9: He was known to perform to perform miracles, and he's not trying to take over the world like he's trying to serve God. So like anybody who actually studies and teaches this very I.
Speaker 8: Don't nests they want to call it secret, like you need to be on a very verb, you need be.
Speaker 9: A sage and all honestly to be able to be on this all with it's not for the not for the normal normal guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you told me once that like you may not know the person, but like you know the person who knows the person, because the Jewish community, everybody knows everybody. Essentially, you're like three steps away from knowing the guy. Could you potentially get the cult of conspiracy in touch with a true Cobbalist because that would be a fun episode to talk about.
Speaker 8: Things I don't know. I can try.
Speaker 9: I make no promises in this regard, okay, because only because like there, I don't know how much they would even say, you know, and I'll honestly like they're so, well, why are you doing this?
Speaker 8: Why are you doing that? Well, I'm doing it for this for the sake of Heaven. We're doing this. But that's if they would even be willing to do it. And I just don't know.
Speaker 1: To tell you the truth, I would appreciate if you would kind of put the word out and see if any uh you know responded, But if they don't, I understand. Yeah, way that goes u Alex. You said in the chat you can go to a meet and greet for the band Ghosts if you want a Satanist yo. Fair, fair, But even still like I if because at that point they're like in they're in concert mode, you know what I mean. It's not like having a one on one with a person, like talking with them over a beer at that point. Because I've seen some of the meet and greets and the conversations that they have and it's it's funny, but that's the point. They're doing it for the the oohz and the ahs of it at that point. I don't know how much of that is them being authentic or them doing it for the showmanship, you know, which even still they're Satanists, but their sound is so soft compared to their look. I like some of their music, but it's just, you know, a little more melodic than you would expect by looking at their album covers and things.
Speaker 17: Yeah, not at all I thought there would sound, but they're still in a band. I just think that finding anybody that says say, I actually believe that would be just like anyone trying to be edgy or whatever. Yeah, anyone really thinking.
Speaker 8: That, because it's fucking stupid at least I think so.
Speaker 1: I agree. But like that's the thing, you know that there is at least one or two of them somewhere, probably local to each of us right now, not just some edgy kid that you know, picked up a couple of grimoiirs and is just like, yep, I'm a witch now it's whatever, like you know what I mean, like somebody who really is about that life to the service of the dark Lord. And for some reason, maybe it's just because we don't know where to look, right You don't you don't fish for shark in a lake, you don't hunt for elk in the desert. Perhaps we're not looking in the right places to try to find one of these people to come onto the show. But I'm also I don't know. I agree. I feel like the vast majority of them are just people that are being edgy for the sake of being edgy. But I don't know, I don't know. Maybe one day we'll make that happen, and Royce, maybe you can find that Cobby list for us who can come in and educate us on some things I don't know. We can only hope and pray on it, you know.
Speaker 9: But uh, hold on, by the way, before you go, the very beginning of the chat, I did send two fun links about some interesting AI slash robots that you might find very fun.
Speaker 8: It's like that.
Speaker 9: So there's two. So the first one shows like the oh, here's the good side, and the second one is the creepiest shit the cool things I saw this week.
Speaker 1: Let's go for it here. Let me go ahead and share the screen. Cool, cool, cool, and let's get after it.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 1: Futurism is the name of this publication. You are completely un prepared for what this humanoid servant robot looks like. That's unexpected. Whoa, Okay, they're trying to make it have soft features. Look at this. Norwegian robotics startup one X has shown off its latest humanoid robot, dubbed Neo Gamma, in a fleshy new promotional video. Okay, that just sounded dirty. In a fleshy new promotional video claiming to show the bot preparing tea, doing laundry, and vacuuming around the house. Yeah, it looks like it's like wearing a sweater almost, and the face just looks like a screen with some eyeballs on it. Okay, in a bid to separate its bipedal household laborer from the far creepier competition one x wrap Neogamma and what in what it's calling a knit suit, an eyebrow raising onesie that's soft to the touch and flexible for dynamic movement. Yeah, it did look like it was kind of wearing a sweater onesie here. It's a fascinating choice with some eerie results despite its full body sweater. Neo Gamma's face is more conventional panel of a black plastic dotted with an unsettling pair of but set back eyes. It's as if evil scientists crossed Baymax from Disney's Big Hero Six with Jason Vorhees, a hockey mass doning antagonist from the Friday the Thirteenth film series. My favorite as far as the Slashers go, by the way, with maybe a splash of of Ugi Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas and the Haunted sat Guy from nine. There is a not so distant future where we will all have our own robot helper at home, like Rosie from robot and Baymax, said one X CEO Burnt bjorn Nick. Okay, because they're Norwegian, I don't know how to do their Viking sounds in a statement. But for humanoid robots to truly integrate in everyday life, they must be developed alongside humans, not in isolation. Oh they got a video with it.
Speaker 4: That's really what I wanted you to show.
Speaker 19: Oh, yes, perfect.
Speaker 1: I am slightly creeped out by it. I know I have my biases towards robots in our homes.
Speaker 8: But okay, wait till you get to the next one.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure of it. I'm of course. Uh but whether any of what one X showed off it's Apple like promotional video will even will ever turn into reality is awfully hazy. In a press release, the company claimed the design is only a quote unquote first step and opens the door to start internal home testing. Yeah, I'll bet it does. In other words, don't expect Neogamma to go on sale anytime soon, although, as is typical in the hype fueled tech sector, the company is simultaneously promising exactly that even as it manages expectations. Here's a direct quote with Neogamma every engineering and design decision was made with one goal in mind, getting Neo into customers' homes as quickly as possible. We're close. We can't wait to share more soon. One Nexus is far from the first company to show off a flashy humanoid robot designed to help out in the home. Elon Musk's Tesla, for instance, is working on its own bipedal assistant dubbed Optimism, but despite plenty of fanfare, the ev maker has employed a lot of smoke and mirrors to make up for reality, failing in failing to live up to some pretty bowl claims so far. California based AI robot company Figure has also shown off an AI powered humanoid, because again, that's exactly what we needed. More AI in human robot form now that can talk courtesy of OpenAI's largest language model. The company claims on its website that the second generation of its robot, Figure O two is the world's first commercially viable autonomous humanoid robot, but as yet to announce price or availability. Interestingly, one X also received funding from open Ai last year as part of a one hundred million dollar series, in another sign of the hype for humanoid robots. That can talk to other talk to their masters with the help of generative AI. But despite the attention and investments being poured into the industry, nobody really knows when or if we'll see robots like Neogamma being offered to consumers. The engineering challenges are immense, and whether they can power excuse me, whether they can prove to be actually useful in a home setting, let alone be affordable to those who aren't hugely wealthy, remains to be seen. At least, we'll give one X credit for the a creative new twist on the otherwise uncanny aesthetics of robotics, filled with creepy facial expressions and twitching extremities. Yeah. Uh, the the knit sweater pattern, I'll say, makes it look less threatening. You know. It looks like a sweater your your grandma knitted you. And that's that's a move. And now we get into the creepy robots here. Oh, for the love of God, Okay, and this is from interesting Engineering. Let's let's dive in here video world's first humanoid robot with lifelike muscles and bones twitches to life. Yeah, why why did we need that? Why did no one on Earth Earth asked for that, yet they're making it because.
Speaker 8: West World ask for it. West World asked for it. That's where they're trying to get to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point. Uh uh. Protoclone God. Protoclone now uses pneumatics, but will shift to hydraulics, mimicking human skeletal, muscular, vascular, and nervous systems. That just looks creepy like that. That straight up looks like a scene from a horror movie before it starts taking over. A Polish startup, Clone Robotics has unveiled a lifelike synthetic human prototype named proto Clone v I or V one excuse me. It boasts over two hundred degrees of freedom, one thousand mile fibers, and five hundred sensors. The faceless android is autonomic, anatomically accurate, and has sparked fascination and unease. The firm claims that Protoclone V one is the world's first bipedal muscul musculo skeletal android. Clones mile fiber technology uses artificial muscles to move the skeleton by attaching them to precise bone points like animals and humans. In December, Clone entered the competitive humanoid Robotics market with its debut of Clone Alpha, its first full scale humanoid robot. Earlier, the firm also unveiled a humanoid torso capable of human like movements. Oh joy, there's a video, and it's so cool when there's a video. Okay, Yeah, they're definitely making the sound. Also super creepy on this thing. Bro Jesus, is any gonna kill the volume on this thing? That is off putting as hell?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and checking out the website for this colony. It's really it's crazy. So they actually yeah continue sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Biomimetic robots. Yeah, I said that right, biomimetic mimetic Okay. In a forty second video posted on social media, the proto Clone is shown suspended in a workshop performing dynamic movements, with its face hidden behind a black reflective mask. The protoclone prototype currently uses pneumatics, but will soon switch to hydraulic systems as development advances. Unlike other humanoid robots, it features synthetic systems replicating human skeletal, muscular, vascular, and nervous structures. Clone Robotics claims it is the first bipedal Okay, we kind of already said that through the University of Tokyo JSK Lab introduced a similar humanoid, kane Goro in twenty seventeen. However, king Goro was designed as a research tool, while Clone Robotics claims for commercial or aims for commercial applications. Okay, is this the other robot or the video here? What is this one? Clone specializes in biomimetic robots, whereas others like Tesla creates pots for domestic chores. It was established in twenty twenty one to emulate the strength and agility of biological creatures, addressing the difficult task of human body mimicry. Okay, sure, let's play the next video. Why not? Yeah, I'm lowering that volume. Good guy. This looks like CGI is this?
Speaker 9: I don't know, I know that that's not that that's actually real.
Speaker 1: That's real hands. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, they're actually when they say, like mimicking.
Speaker 9: So the skeletal structure is actually two hundred and six bones just like the human skeletons. Really, they're trying to mimic us, like literally like legitimately.
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 1: And so they're already talking about using hydraulics in it rather than but why for efficiency reasons? That can't be better better than what, like, as far as a robot is concerned, Why would you do that rather than just go off of like, okay, to make a muscle fast twitch happen. Why wouldn't you use a solenoid? Why would you want to use a hydraulic system? I seem I feel like that it's like they're going out of their way to make it more human, like when the point of it is to not be human. But that never mind, this company is really trying to make it as human as possible, which again I feel yeah, yeah, I guess there's like all these movies that they've come out with over the past few decades about robots taking over the world and all of this. I guess they just kind of didn't see that as a warning and saw that as a blueprint. But okay, let's keep reading here. The company began by building a robotic hand that mimics human function using artificial bones and muscles. Its thumb can easily catch a ball and rotate. Building on this, the team create a humanoid torso with realistic shoulder joints, a cervical spine, yeah, okay, a cervical spine, and a moving elbow Wow. Clone originally imitated human anatomy before enabling natural motion using artificial muscles as opposed to creating movements around its robotic structure. The outcome is remarkably lifelike, A wins remarkably okay, almost uncanny and how much it resembles the human body? That doesn't That doesn't resemble the human body to me and.
Speaker 14: Day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, I guess so the first video a little bit more. But it also looked like a corpse that was kind of twitching for its life. But I guess again, mimicry. You know, anybody listening to this on Thursday that would like to see what we're talking about or be a part of the chat, come check out the Cajun Night on Patreon if you that's the best way to support this and join into the conversation here. Anyway, let's keep going here. Clone Robotics has advanced its humanoid design to achieve natural walking by replacing rigid actuators with soft water powered artificial muscles. Okay, so they're trying to make it more smooth and not as rigid. I guess that would be why they're using that rather than solenoids and things fair enough, this shift enhances human like movement. Showcase in the company's growing expertise in robotics. Realistic Android Motion Clone is advancing humanoid robotics with its myofiber artificial muscle technology designed to animate a full skeleton by attaching musculo musculo tendon YEAH units at anatomically accurate points. These monolithic units estimate tendon failures and replicate mammalian scale platile muscles, achieving response times under fifty microseconds, over thirty percent unloaded contraction, and at least two point two pounds of contraction force for a three gram muscle fiber that's actually on the engineering side of things. That's kind of impressive. According to chlone Robotics, milefiber is unmatched in power, speed and efficiency. The Alpha Android skeletons closely mirrors human anatomy, featuring all two hundred and six bones with mirror fusions or minor fusions, rather fully articulated joints and artificial ligaments. Precise ligament and tendon placement enables one hundred and sixty four degrees of freedom in the upper torso, including twenty in the shoulder. Six per vertebrae in the spine and twenty six across the hand, wrist and elbow. And check this video out two while we're at it. I mean as far as creating a robot to be able to act as a human and do the movements of a human. And I mean this is still in the protos type stage. They're gonna get better with this over time. But like, I feel like that would also be really good in a haunted house, like just as is for sure, Like you know, especially for the jump scares and stuff like that. You have that thing completely dark, It like has a bunch of led lights or strobe lights that come out and it starts like doing its movements and shit it people, Oh, they would lose their minds. Wow.
Speaker 8: Or when you wake up and you see it right standing in front of you.
Speaker 1: I would shoot immediately, Like I wouldn't even ask questions. I would unload instantaneously on that. Oh my god. In its nervous system allows real time muscle control using pro prioceptive and visual feedback. Okay. The system includes four depth cameras, seventy internal sensors, and three hundred and twenty pressure sensors connected to micro controllers that transmit data to a Nvidia in video du jets and thor GPU running clones. Cybernet model. A five hundred watt electric pump powers the vascular system, delivering hydraulic pressure efficiently with Aquajet valve technology, ensuring lifelike motion. I also feel like the maintenance on that thing is just gonna be a bitch and a half, right, Like you're gonna have to have a tech among texts to be able to change out these little components to make that thing work if one thing goes wrong. I ah, yeah, well, thanks Royce. I don't dream, but I might have nightmares now, so that's dope.
Speaker 8: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, Okay, Well, we covered a wide and wild range of top on this episode. I want to thank everybody for coming out here and having this conversation as we typically do. Again for anybody listening to this on Thursday, Yeah, Thursday, and if you would like to join into the conversation next week, come check out Cajun Night on Patreon and join in the conversation until next time. Everybody, Thank you, thank you for listening, and God bless