Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty Now Kelly Show.
Speaker 2: It's too social media, Facebook gets to x stick Talk, the Viraldney or.
Speaker 1: Viral Load, Viral Load, the viral.
Speaker 3: Load Lad with Timney, kf I AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. It's Later with Mo Kelly and this is the return of the Viral Load with Yes Me Tiffany Hobbs and we have a wild card entry tonight. I usually have a schedule, but I was overlooking social media because that's my job here on Wednesdays to give you the top viral stories of the week. And there is another story that has shot to the of my list. And let me tell you a little bit about it. So, if you've ever gone to an aquarium or any place that has an aquarium attraction, Let's say a rest restaurant, long Beach aquarium, maybe something in San Diego, wherever you live. It could even be again, a restaurant that features an aquarium attraction, something where there's a live human person inside of the aquarium acting as a mermaid or some sort of character. Well, in this case, there's a mermaid. It's a Russian woman and this takes place in China. This is the newest viral story, I would say of the day. This woman is a mermaid and she's doing her things. She's swimming around. Children are looking. It's like an aquarium, a very normal setting until it's not. And what happens is, as this young woman is swimming with her mermaid tail and kind of doing all of her little mermaid tricks, a large sturgeon, which is a huge fit, goes atop of the woman while she's underwater and all these people are watching and attempts to successfully, let me not say, attempts to successfully places its entire mouth over the woman's head, completely engulfing her. The good thing is sturgeon don't have teeth, but they do have a very powerful sucking mechanism. That's how they bring in their prey. And he or it put its mouth over this woman. She is able to push herself out of the surgeon's mouth and she then swims away to I imagine what is safety. She swims kind of off camera while the children are standing there watching in horror. Did the scream uh, you know, mortified confused screams at first? Yeah, And she definitely left the scene and did not return. So that's the wild card for this week. So if we get back to our schedule, the first story I want to share with you comes from Georgia. Oh, this poor guy. You might have seen it floating around. If you are a person who likes value shopping, and many of us do, then you might have been lored to Timu or something like Ali Express, kind of these drop shipping sites, these big warehouse sites that are offshore. Ali Express is a very popular one, and like Timu and these other low cost providers, they they sell goods at a fraction.
Speaker 2: Of the price.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this guy, this really nice man named Sylvester Franklin of Savannah, Georgia, decides that he wants to buy a drill, a conventional drill, a power tool, and he goes on Ali Express. He picks out his favorite drill. It's yellow. He decides to purchase it. It's about twenty two dollars and fifty cents the pressure washer drill combination. He sends off his money and a few weeks later he gets a package in the mail. Sylvester Franklin goes and excitedly opens his package, but there's no drill inside. There are no actual physical tools or remnants of a drill.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: What Ali Express sent poor little Sevester Franklin of Savannah, Georgia was a print out, a printed out picture of the drill that he expected to purchase for twenty two dollars and forty seven cents, a printed out xerox copied picture of the drill that he expected to have in the physical form.
Speaker 2: Yes, did they forget to put it in there? No, this was deliberate. This was intentional.
Speaker 3: And this is one of the warnings and cautionary tales when you when you shop at these off shore sites because you do not fully know what you're going to be getting.
Speaker 4: See, at least with eBay, your purchases are guaranteed. Amazon, your purchases are guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the offshore ones nearly as much. It is buyer beware by at your own risk. And Sylvester Franklin has yet to receive a refund for this. He says he's waiting very patiently, but he has gone viral because of this story. I actually put the picture up on my Instagram at tiff Hobbs on here on Instagram, and you can find a picture of Sylvester Franklin, and the picture speaks a thousand words. He's holding up the picture of the drill and the look on his face is priceless.
Speaker 4: I found the Sturgeon video. It's worse than you described. It's it's toughed off for goggles and everything.
Speaker 3: It's very powerful, very powerful sucking mechanism. That poor young lady and poor Sylvester Franklin. Another poor person, and I mean that as far as Misfort is concerned. Is this young lady. She's from Detroit and she was going to a party. To get home from the party. Get to the party, she used Lift, the ride sharing app, ride sharing service, and when she attempted to come home from the party.
Speaker 2: She booked this lift.
Speaker 3: The Lift driver pulls up in a small compact sedan of some sort and sees the young woman and pulls away from the young woman without letting her in as a passenger. The young woman is able to catch up to this driver. He is John Doe and I'll tell you why shortly, and as she catches up, she's able to ask the driver. They have an interaction and she goes, you know, what's up? Why are you leaving? Why'd you leave, and the driver proceeds to tell her that he does not think that she will fit in his car because she is a dreamily overweight. They go back and forth, there's a negotiation of sorts. She's trying to negotiate getting in the car. She's saying she's done this plenty of times. She's been in cars this size and smaller. What's the big deal? And the driver this John Doe, goes on to say that he is worried about his tires. All of this is caught on camera because the young woman is recording this interaction. This recording then was sent to a lawyer. She lawyered up quickly and the lawsuit has now been filed for discrimination based on weight and size. And John Doe is the uber driver, the lyft driver in this case.
Speaker 2: So there's a lawsuit.
Speaker 5: Did you see the video?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 5: Did she start filming before she opened the car door? Almost like she shut Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's hard to tell kind of the sequencing of events there, but he did say some very inflammatory things about her weight.
Speaker 2: Was the car was it like a you Go? Was there a smart cars like a little Honda Cord or something.
Speaker 4: I think it was a Mercedes c class and those are like the small size.
Speaker 2: Isn't a cord or a Corolla.
Speaker 5: I'm just curious if it was filming, if she was filming before he rolled up, that's a little sus to me.
Speaker 3: It could be he does tell her. You know, lady, hey, you can go on and book a different lift. In fact, get the quote lift x L. You don't want to say that to anything, but that's.
Speaker 2: The correct answer. It's a larger car.
Speaker 4: The same thing with Uber, Stephan, Isn't it true if you want a larger cars, the Uber.
Speaker 5: XL that's all I get her. The black SUV wants, that's all I have. You don't have to bring race into it, Okay, right?
Speaker 4: Or wait, Colley, I'm still mad at you from the opening of the show, just trying to stir it up. We got to go to a quick break, but when we come back, we will have the second portion of the Viral Load with Tiffany Hobbs's Later with mo Kelly ca if I Am six forty one Live everywhere the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for the Myra with Tiffany live on Campia Time Win mo O.
Speaker 1: Klly, she'll talk about the.
Speaker 2: Toughest on social media. Good Bye rolone with Tiffany Hubbs.
Speaker 3: Hey if I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. It's later with mo Kelly. And this is part two of Tonight's Viral Load. Online, you might share pictures of your food, what you're eating, if it's a nice, nicely presented meal. You might share pictures of your children or your pets. You might share pictures of your vacation. But do you share pictures of your stick? Mo Kelly huh mo no, no, I don't no, no, no, I don't no. That's for only fans have to pay to see that. Well, there's a movement and it is growing in popularity at an enormous rate.
Speaker 2: Don't you do it? Sef Good.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a movement and it is called stick Nation, and it's all about literal sticks, yes, pieces of trees or branches, whatever it might be. It's a bizarre movement. It's exploded all over social media to the tune of millions and millions of followers and shares. And these two friends here are their names, Boone Hog and Logan Juggler. They sound like they love sticks and outdoorsy stuff, right, boon Hog and Logan Juggler.
Speaker 2: Are they from Hazard County? They're from Utah, so close enough.
Speaker 3: They started a few years ago, a couple of years ago, collecting sticks and posting pictures and video of uniquely shaped sticks and things that they found were interesting online. Well, they're popularity again grew and they garnered a massive following millions of people who now also engage with them by uploading videos and pictures of their favorite sticks in the shape of walking sticks, or anything that they feel the Internet might find interesting.
Speaker 4: I missed my calling.
Speaker 2: You've missed your calling.
Speaker 3: Because they are making major money from this, because again they have millions of followers, especially on TikTok or sticktalk as their account is known, twelve point five million likes since twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: What am I doing with my life?
Speaker 4: All they have to do is start my own stick account?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean that's your only fans account.
Speaker 2: O hio.
Speaker 4: Oh, so Stephan is now re engaged with the program.
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it?
Speaker 3: If you want to make some extra money, here is another way, another form of perhaps.
Speaker 2: Passive income question mark.
Speaker 3: As you would say, it's not that passive because you really have to dig deep for this source of income.
Speaker 2: Steph, can we roll that beautiful clip?
Speaker 6: No, thousands of people are now awaiting life saving organ transplants, but what if they could buy an organ, like example, a kidney. Right now, federal law actually prohibits people from selling their organs. By his Fox thirteen's Lloyd Sowers reports a man wants to sell his kidney, and he's suing for the right to.
Speaker 7: Be able to do it. For anybody who thinks that this is not already going on, they have no idea that there is an enormous black market happening. John Blochio says on the dark web, people all over the world are selling kidneys and he wants the right to sell his legally. Matt hagn is his attorney.
Speaker 8: If you just follow the case law on abortion, the law to me is pretty clear that you know it's my body, my choice. So John should have the personal freedom to do whatever he wants with his body.
Speaker 7: He can filed a federal lawsuit in Manhattan arguing the law Congress pasted in nineteen eighty four that makes selling organs against the law is unconstitutional and with more than one hundred thousand Americans on dialysis. He says many are awaiting a transplant that may never come.
Speaker 2: The kidney.
Speaker 3: When I looked up how much a kidney might cost in the United States, a kidney is going for on average four hundred and forty two thousand dollars around that part. So if you think about it, this is a lot of money that people are looking to make from selling their own organs. And I think evoking the idea of my body, my choice is an interesting angle to all of this, because yes, it is a person's body. It should be a person's choice as to what they're going to do with their body.
Speaker 2: But what does this then encourage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a complicate You get an issue if only because we can obviously donate organs, we can donate a kidney, but at the same time, not the recipient per se, but the whole process of donating a kidney generates money for the hospital, it generates money for the pharmaceutical company where you have to use those rejection drugs anti rejection drugs sort of rest your life. And Dwala can tell us better than anyone there's a lot of money changing hands and the people involved don't get any piece of it.
Speaker 3: And this is what that aims to mitigate, that people would become the direct beneficiaries of that transaction. John, the plaintiff here, the person with the lawsuit, is saying he wants all of that money. He wants to sell his kidney. So of course this has gone viral. It's being shared all over social media, and we'll find out what happens and what kind of precedents this sets if John successful at his lawsuit. We have time for one more really going on, all right, So another my body, my choice type story. There's a TikToker who was arrested for dancing provocatively over a disabled person's head in a video that has now gone viral. Of course, on TikTok so back last week, there's a young woman, she's nineteen. She works at a what would you call it, like a convalescent home type of place, and she is a like a care nurse or in some sort of capacity working to support the patients there. Well, instead of doing her job that day, she decided to film a TikTok video. And what she did is she kind of straddled one of the patients who.
Speaker 2: Was disabled is disabled.
Speaker 3: And gyrated all over this patient's head and you know, got her parts very close to this patient's head and taped it, uploaded it, and is very surprised and shocked to why she's in trouble, not just that the fact that she lost her job, but that she is also being charged with what is it, exploitation of a disabled person. That's a big state law that she violated.
Speaker 4: Nothing in this person's head said, you know, maybe not one thing to do it. It's another thing to record it, and it's another another another thing to record it and upload it and be proud of it.
Speaker 3: You're giving a big surprise. Way too much credit, way too much credit. That's the viral load for this week.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty