Speaker 1: If you burn a flag, you get one year in jail. No early exits, no nothing. You get one year in jail. If you burn a flag, you get And what it does is insight to write. I hope they use that language. By the way, did that insight to riot? And you burn a flag, you get one year in jail. You don't get ten years, you don't get one month. You get one year in jail and it goes on your record.
Speaker 2: Can you feel the freedom, ladies and gentlemen, one year in prison if you burn our beloved American flag. Wow, I've never felt more patriotic in my entire life now, Setting aside the fact that the American flag, and if there is any reason to love it or cherish it for that matter, is because of what it symbolizes. Now, what does it symbolize? Well, right to self defense, free speech, all of the things enshrined to the Bill of Rights. For instance, what's one of those things that's enshrining the Bill of right? Oh, it happens to be the first amendment. It happens to be the very first thing, and it happens to be freedom of expression, which that very sad court adjudicated all the way back in nineteen eighty nine. I think it was Johnson versus Texas that, in fact, flag burning, specifically American flag burning, is a constitutionally protected right.
Speaker 1: Lastly, sir, this is an executive order on flag burning that charges your attorney general. When you listen to this, this is a very point flag burning all over the country. They're burning flags all over the world. They burn the American flag, and as you know, through a very sad court. I guess it was a five to four decision. They called it freedom of speech. But there's another reason, which is perhaps much more important. It's called death. Because what happens when you burn a flag is the area goes crazy. If you have hundreds of people, they go crazy.
Speaker 2: You could do other things, you can.
Speaker 1: Burn this piece of paper, you could, and it's but when you burn the American flag, it incites riots at levels that we've never seen before. People crazy in a way both ways. There's some that are going crazy for doing it. There are others that are angry angry about them doing it.
Speaker 2: So why would Trump do this? Well, there was a major outcry just a few weeks ago that there was a ruling from a court in America that said that the Israeli flag was equal or being equated to that of being Jewish, and therefore to damage the Israeli flag could be construed as a hate crime. There's also very famous examples of people being arrested for burning gay Pride flags or doing burnouts on these painted gay Pride flag crosswalks. In most instances, though, particularly when it comes to specifically burning those flags, it was a consequence of people stealing other people's property, taking their pride flag and lighting it ablaze. It wasn't you know, people that were purchasing gay Pride flags and then letting them on fire, which would be constitutionally protected. It was the theft of that property which then made it a crime. Now there may be additional penalties that are attempted to be applied under hate crime laws, which you ought to oppose. Hate crime laws, as I've said, are a very slippery slope to the erosion of your rights and trying in the Bill of rights. This is a great example of that. And you've got Matt Walsh and Ruffo and all of the usual characters coming out in defense of Trump's executive order from a couple hours ago, and they're saying essentially that, well, we cherish and defend and protect the gay pride flag or the transflag or whatever else, so therefore the American flag should also be protected, as opposed to the obvious answer, which is that none of these pieces of cloth should have any protection. That you ought to have the right to light a blaze any of them, as long as they're your own personal property and as long as you're not doing so in a way that would jeopardize a wider forest fire or something crazy like that. That is really the reason that the American flag is valuable, right, Well, at least that's what I thought. That's the reason I thought that we pledged allegiance to it. Well, I tried not to in high school. I actually got suspended and thrown the attention because I refused to stand up. I've been a bit out of a serial with people in authority my entire life and true story. I was put in I don't know what was it Saturday school. They were not happy with me anyways. The reason that I thought that there was any reason to respect the American flag was because it was symbolic of these rights that we hold so dearly. And the reason that you would like the American flag ablaze was not to demonstrate your hatred of America or Americans, but rather the government and it's failings in defending those rights. So is the American flag actually worth defending? Well, if it's to the detriment of the rights for which it represents, then the answer must be no. And if you think otherwise, then I don't think you're actually respecting or honoring what that flag represents. And it's so disappointing every time I see a true blue, red, white and blue bleeding conservative come out in defense of these laws, these obvious infringements on our right. It was actually Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia who said, if it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal wearing, scruffy bearded weirdo who burns the American flag. And then he continued, but I am not king, and then he voted against criminalizing the burning of the American flag. Wise, words, Antonin Scalia, if only as one of the more ardent conservative justices, Donald Trump would listen to your very intelligent analysis of our rights and why a law such as this should not exist. So, just to make sure that I'm being fair to Matt Walsh, let's actually read exactly what he says. He says, Yes, make it a crime to burn the American flag. Desecration of the gay Pride flag is already prosecuted as a hate crime in this country. No more double standards. If the sacred symbol of the LGBT T cult is protected, American flag should be two simple as that. Well, no, it's actually not that simple, Matt. It's not The LGBT symbol should not be cherished and protected either. That's the obvious answer here. So while I agree with your critique of these laws that put special protections around symbols of ideologies which you disagree with, and I totally respect your opinion on that, Well, the answer is not to then apply the same unconstitutional, what I think are clearly illegal laws, especially the fact that Trump's is doing this by executive order. How the fuck are you crafting laws via FIAT as the executive that could actually put Americans in prison? When did we start doing that? That the president is able to just criminalize things willy nilly seems pretty absurd. But as I said, the obvious answer is to make it so that there are no hate crime laws, that there are no protected pieces of cloth that represent ideologies that you hate, Because there are ideologies like the one you hold, Matt Walsh, that many in America also hate, and they would love to criminalize. And for that reason, some of them would like to ban the waving of the flag itself. Would you permit them to do so? The answer is obviously no. But yet you would then make it a law to permit them from desecrating this flag that you cherish, completely doing away with the value of that piece of cloth in the first place. Why it matters to you and to me. If that's not self defeating, I don't know what it is. So I made a post that's going kind of viral, and I said that I've never wanted to burn an American flag, but I might do it today now that Trump violated the First Amendment by making the legal I was sincere in saying that I don't think that I'll actually, you know, go buy a flag just to light on fire to make my point. But yeah, like, this was the first time in a very very long time, other than maybe during the War on Terror or something where I actually sincerely thought about it or the lockdowns. I definitely thought about it during the lockdowns. But yeah, it's when you late my rights, it makes me want to hold on to them even harder. Just as during the lockdown era, that was the first time I went and got a gun because I was like, oh, my rights, my property rights are being violated in such an overway that and totalitarian really had curfews and what time you could go out and where you could go, and I mean it was insane. It's like, yeah, all right, well I better fucking hold on to these liberties that I have left, Especially in California. At the time, it was like, well, it's very hard to acquire a gun. You better get it while you can, because I thought, who knows. If they think they can dictate what businesses can remain open and what beaches I could use, well, then they certainly could try and take whatever remaining gun rights I have in California. If you're not aware, it's already very challenging to own a firearm. So that's the same feeling I get with Donald Trump doing this and now to steal men his position. There are a lot of people that hate this country sincerely, that are like enemies of America, that are getting American flags and then lighting them blaze in protest of this country, and they're doing it in America, and that doesn't make me feel good. I don't enjoy watching people that hate me and hate this country and hate what it stands for, purchase this flag and then light it a blaze to make their point. But I'm not going to sacrifice my own ability to do so to protest my own government just to stop the people that I hate from doing something that I don't like. You understand, like, is that not obvious to everybody that if I don't have that right, then also the people in this country that are also citizens ought to have that right, because if they don't, I won't either. So with that viral post, I got a ton of replies, and granted, most people are agreeing with me, and I appreciate that, but there was a lot of you know, big all caps maga hats out there that I responded to me furious and defending Donald Trump's move. There go through some examples. They said, then you should move to another country. Most countries would unalive you for burning their flag. You just lost all your credibility. Well, sir, I don't think that's quite true. I don't think I'm gonna lose my credibility for defending the First Amendment. That would be weird, weird reason for me to lose my credibility. But sitting on aside, let's just go through the argument here. So, because I am defending the rights that are unique to America, you're going to point to a country that is less free than America to demonstrate why America should be less free? Can you not see the obvious contradiction in this argument? It's mad. I mean, there are lots of countries that wouldn't allow me to purchase a gun. Should I accept the banning of firearms in America because I couldn't buy one in I don't know, Guatemala or some shit like fuck you? And I've got a net saying. He didn't say you can't do it. You can still light it up. You can still light up our beloved flag. You'll just have to pay a penalty. Oh. One of my favorite arguments, kind of like the the masks and vax requirements. They didn't say that you have to get it. They just said that you couldn't work if you didn't. Well, that's quite kind of coercive, now, isn't it. Well, they didn't say you can't murder people, you just have to serve twenty to thirty years in prison if you do it. Well, yeah, that's kind of an infringement on my right to self expression when it comes to burning a flag. No, it's obviously I'm not arguing in favor of doing away with murder crimes because there's a real victim there. But there is no victim when it comes to me lighting my own personal property on fire, unless you're some Green New Deal lunatic and thinks that the carbon dioxide is an existential threat and therefore we must ban it for that reason. But that's not the argument you're making. Then this is always my favorite when shit like this happens. We've got anti Kammi Tommy, very anti communists, says, if you do it in public place, hopefully you're arrested for arson. Now, I'll admit, if I were to light anything on fire in public and jeopardize other people, then yeah, that should probably be illegal. But if I were to, as a form of protest of my government, which is literally as American as it gets, put an American flag on the sidewalk and let it on fire, you could look through the civil rights movement. You could look through the anti Vietnam protests, you could look through all protests. Basically, there are examples of American citizens peace fully lighting an American flag on fire on the street to demonstrate their very significant and sincere anger against the government's actions during that period. That should not be charged with arson. And it's incredibly ironic that a guy anti Tommy would be arguing for gulags for I don't know, insulting the honor of the state, really anti commedy. And it gets even better in his bio it says I can govern myself. Well, no, you fucking can't, tom No, you can't actually, and you're about as close to Akami as I've encountered, especially when you're describing yourself as antidad. Just disappointing, seriously, sincerely disappointing that while I would probably agree with you on ninety five percent of things, that you would describe yourself as anti communists trying to create law to defend a piece of cloth, which is to honor the government. Hello, think these things through, please, And then another line of defense has been consistently received by me, saying go into any other country and burn their flag in a public setting and come back if you make it back and tell us how that worked out for you. That's not the fucking point here, ladies and gentlemen. I'm not going into some other foreign country and doing this, and you're right, I probably would be arrested and jailed for doing so. But that's because those countries suck. That's because they're not America. That's because they don't have our rights enshrined as America does. And you're arguing that because those other countries which suck, don't have these rights, we should also suck. What the fuck are you talking about? Think about what you're saying. And then her defense of that is that there's some BS charges that were brought where this guy was facing fifteen years in Iowa jail for burning a Pride flag. It's like, yeah, but I don't agree with those laws. And then I ask her and she says, yeah, I don't agree with those laws either. It's like, okay, well, then we're on the same page here. Those are bullshit laws, because there should be no piece of cloth that you can't light a blaze in protest that would cause you to serve significant prison time. This is madness. But that you're arguing because of these bullshit laws, that we should have additional bullshit laws defend the piece of cloth that you value. Come on, now, while Trump said very explicitly that if you burn a flag, you're going to prison for a year, he then turns to his assistant to basically detail what it's about, and he is not making it that overt. Basically, what they're doing is they're crafting a law to try and circumvent your First Amendment rights. So let's go through the executive order and read it to make sure that we're not being Pannikins says. Prosecuting burning of the American Flag Executive Order August twenty fifth, twenty twenty five, which is today says, by the authority vested to me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America is hereby ordered. God damn it. That makes me angry when you sign off on an executive order that violates the Constitution, saying that you're doing this under the authority vested to you by the Constitution. Disgusting Section one purpose. American flag is the most sacred and cherish symbol of the United States of America and of American freedom, identity, and strength. I would argue its bill of rights, but whatever, Over nearly two and a half centuries, many thousands of American patriots have fought, bled and died to keep the stars and stripes waving proudly. The American flag is a special symbol in our national life that should unite and represent all Americans of every background and walk of life. Desecrating it is uniquely offensive and provocative. It is a statement of contempt, hostility, and violence against our nation, the clearest possible expression of opposition to the political union that preserves our rights, liberty, and security. Well what are some of those rights that it's preserving. Freedom of expression, protest, right to redress your grievances against your government. Well I can't do that now because of this executive order. Burning this representation of America may incite violence and riot. Yeah, well you could do a lot of things that might incite violence and riots. Are we just going to ban all of that that? This is actually a really important point. Murray Rothbart talked about this, and I agree with Rothbart, not surprisingly because I agree with him on basically everything. Incitement laws are bullshit, Like, if you this is especially for a Trump supporter, given that so many of the people that were prosecuted on J six were prosecuted for incitement of a riot. It's like, if you riot and you burn stuff and you're violent towards people, yes, that should all be criminalized. If you are saying things that get a crowd riled up and then they go commit crimes, did you eliminate human volition? Are they now just your puppets? It's absurd, but this is how they essentially go after speech that the government doesn't like because of the actions of people that aren't you. I don't think that that's just at all personal continuing, American flag burning is also used by groups of foreign nationals as a calculated act to intimidate and threaten violence against Americans because of their nationality in place of birth. Well, that sounds like safe space bullshit to me. But also, if these are foreign nationals, why are they here? Didn't you campaign on deporting these people? So if they're here burning the flag, shouldn't they be deported not because they're burning the flag, but because they're here illegally? So do we have to have laws to protect the flag when these people shouldn't even be here in the first place, I guess you just don't plan on deporting them, continuing, notwithstanding the Supreme Court's ruling on First Amendment protections, the Court has never held that American flag desecration conducted in a manner that is likely to incite imminent lawless action, or that in an action amounting to fighting words, is constitutionally protected. So there's the work around. They're basically acknowledging that, yes, it is your constitutional right to burn the American flag. They are then arguing that the Supreme Court has not ruled on whether or not burning it in an attempt to incite a riot. I guess or violence would therefore be constitutional to outlaw and criminalize and prosecute cases of that. I don't know how you're going to prove that someone is lighting the American flag on fire with the intention of inciting riots and violence. But that's there are that they're gone for, he continues, My administration will act to restore respect and sanctity to the American flag and prosecute those who incite violence or otherwise violate our laws while desecrating the symbol of our country to the fullest extent permissible under any available authority. Section two, Measures to combat desecration of the American Flag. The Attorney General shall prioritize the enforcement, to the fullest extent possible of our nation's criminal and civil laws against acts of American flag desecration that violate applicable content neutral laws while causing harm unrelated to expression consistent with the First Amendment. This may include, but is not limited to, violent crimes, hate crimes, a legal discrimination against American citizens or other violations of American civil rights, and crimes against property and the peace, as well as conspiracies and attempts to violate and aiding and abetting others to violate such laws. In cases where the Department of Justice or another executive department or agency determine that an instance of American flag desecration may violate an applicable state or local law, such as open burning restrictions, disorderly conduct laws, or destruction of property laws, the agency shall refer the matter to a pro bread state or local authority for potential action. I don't have a problem with that one. I mean, if you're burning someone else's flag and their property, or you're lighting it on fire and then you're damaging someone else's property, then you ought to be responsible for that. That makes sense, but that's not you know, that should be the limiting principle there See, to the maximum extent permitted by the Constitution, the Attorney General shall vigorously prosecute those who violate our laws in ways that involve desecrating the American Flag, and may pursue litigation to clarify the scope of the First Amendment exceptions in this area. Well, that's notable because it sounds as if they are pushing this EO to challenge that ruling from nineteen eighty nine Johnson Verse Texas as to whether or not burning the American flag is constitutional at all. So that would be very bad if that were to happen. D Secretary of State, the AG and the Secretary of Homeland Security, acting within their respective authorities, shall deny, prohibit, terminate, or revoke visas, residents permits, naturalization proceedings, and other immigration benefits, or seek removal from the United States where wherever there has been an appropriate determination that foreign nationals have engaged in American flag desecration activity under circumstances that permit the exercise of such remedies. Pursuant to federal law. So essentially, they're saying they're going to use these laws to deport people that are here that are not citizens, so not just illegal immigrants, but people on visas too. It sounds like, so this is just a continuation of this policy that they seem to be trying to use to get rid of not just illegal immigrants, but also foreign nationals that are here legally. So well, Trump, who is this just extraordinary hawk against China? Which in some ways I understand that, but in other ways I totally disagree. I don't want to go down the real antagonistic war path with them. But yeah, he's saying, six hundred thousand Chinese students annually are going to be allowed to come to America.
Speaker 1: President, she would like me to come to China. It's a very important relationship. As you know, we're taking a lot of money and from China because of the tariffs and different things, and it's a very important relationship. We're going to get along good with China. I hear so many stories about we're not going to allow their students. So now we're going to allow their students to come, and we're going to allow It's very important, six hundred thousand students. It's very important. But we're going to get along with China. But it's a different relationship that we have now with China. It's a much better relationship economically than it was before. With Biden. What he allowed that, I mean, they just took him to the trainers, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's like, I just don't know how his supporter's square. And I know many of his supporters are upset about this, so let me be clear about that. But I don't know how his supporters square his antagonistic talk about China. They're basically stealing rip and terrible trade deals and taking advantage of us, and also about to take on Taiwan and also responsible for the creation of COVID and blah blah blah, on and on and on, and human rights violations and everything else. And also he's a borderhawk simultaneously and saying he's going to deport millions of people, but then also this country, who's our number one adversary. If you talk to Trump in any of his inner circle, we're going to let six hundred thousand four nationals from China come and study here. I would love to have a real journalist in that room to actually ask a fucking question, which would be novel because that never happens, as to like, what are we doing? Are they our enemy or aren't they And if they are our enemy, why are you letting them in? And if they're not our enemy? Okay, well then yeah, sure you're letting them in, and that makes sense. But also you said that you were gonna have mass deportations, but you're still letting six hundred thousand people from this country that we allegedly are top enemy. And what's the rationale. It's all so fucking convoluted and confusing and misleading. I don't know how people square it. I really don't. Let's listen to the last bit of his press conference.
Speaker 1: The people in this country don't want to see our American flag burned and spit on, and by people that are in many cases paid agitators. They're paid by the radical left to do it. You talk to these people, they don't even know half of them, don't even know what they're doing. They gave me money to do this. I see the same things that did the bad people that are trying to destroy a nation.
Speaker 2: The obvious answer there is prosecute the people that are funding fucking riots due why are you not doing that. I haven't heard of any charges being brought. If anybody is aware, please drop in the chattel. I'll certainly look into it. But that's the answer. If you want to make the argument that Soros or whoever else whatever fucking NGO network is arming and funding these terrorsts, well that happens more overseas than it does here. But certainly there are funding operations that are ran to create domestic protests like color revolutions happen in America too. Hate to break it to you, and I think they're front to buy our own government. But setting that aside, to prosecute that, you don't have to criminalize American citizens burning their own flag to deal with that problem. So once again missing the mark, missing the target, and diminishing our rights to then defend a piece of cloth that no longer represents the rights that I hold, deer, that's the whole reason that there's value in the fucking piece of cloth in the first place. If you diminish that, then I don't honor, I don't respect, I will not worship a piece of cloth that doesn't represent the values that it's supposed to. So you're actually making me not respect and appreciate the American flag because of what you're doing, because of your actions today, because of the EO that you just signed. Do you understand is this not obvious? So there you have it. We're gonna tread the Bill of Rights to defend the flag that the flag is supposed to represent those rights. Look, it's just fucking bloomer con garbage, nott Walls, churs, Trump, fuck. I hate this stuff and I just I cannot stand it. They augh. Look, I don't want there to be defended pieces of cloth of foreign nations, Israel, or ideologies that I don't agree with, the TQ plus elementop shit. And also despite the fact that I love America and what the American flag is supposed to represent, I absolutely have a god given right to redress my grievances, to light that fucking flag on fire if I so choose, especially if my government is behaving in a tyrannical or totalitarian fashion, which they have in recent memory. You will not criminalize that. And as far as I'm concerned, America would be a far better country and in a far better place if one hundred thousand people went to DC to protest this EO today, Like, that's how I feel about it. Now. Is this the biggest deal in the world. No, it's not. But it is just a microcosm of the broader infringements on our rights that we've been languishing under for fucking decades, really one hundred plus years. It's sick, it's disgusting, it's reprehensible. And yeah, I fucking voted for Trump, and no I don't agree with this. I hate it, just as I hated and spoke out very loudly against his decision to bomb Moran. It's terrible. Doesn't mean that I'm a Democrat. It doesn't mean that Kamala Harris would have been a better option. Still not arguing that, still don't think it's true. I think she would have done dumb shit like this too. But this is just bad. This is like red meat to the most unthinking aspects of his base. By the way, the same people that would deface the American flag by putting the fucking thin blue line on it, those are the people that would probably be the first to line up to sign on to this EO saying that you cannot burn the flag you're desecrating it, dumbfuck Hello, Uh sorry, I've I got a lot of really angry replies to my posts and I think it triggered me a bit. So this is more self care and therapy to get this all off my chest. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you agree. If you don't tell me why I'm wrong, drop it down below. I do read them, I do reply. Try not to be insulting. I will block you, but feel free to reply and let me know why I'm wrong. Why is burning the American flag, which is symbolic of our god given fucking rights, a way to defend our god given rights by getting rid of those rights? Good luck? Good luck making that argument to me. But I welcome you to try. If you'd like to support the show, subscribe over on x at liberty lockpod or libertylockdown to locals dot com, or if you're broke. I respect that, but you should probably stop watching this and go make some money. Do hit the like button, subscribe and share the show around if you found it interesting, And last, but not least, if you want to really help, you could cut little clips up and put it through cap cut or whatever and fucking make it go viral. I would appreciate the help. Yeah, you guys are the best, see you so pease. Oh, by the way, I accidentally there was an update on streamyard. You can anybody else that uses streamer, I could verify this. There was an update on stream yard that put in a face filter, and I did not recognize that it was turned on when I did my episode yesterday. So by the time I realized, I was like, dude, I'm looking fucking pretty today. And then I see the comments and I'm like, oh, yeah, there is a face filter on. Oops. But I wasn't going to rerecord the episode, you know, so you have one one episode of me looking like an ethought with all of my lines and you know, blemishes and shit shown to the world or hidden from the world. Now now you get to see them again. So I hope you're fucking happy. You guys are merciless. Man. I honestly did not put it on. I did not mean to have it on, but I wasn't going to record, you know, another episode just to get rid of that filter. So you can clown on me. I don't give a shit. It's funny, but yeah, now you get to see that real me, as ugly and pretty as I can be. Thank you, guys, I'll see you so pease.