Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty and.
Speaker 2: They were the first out to use those starters that you push the button and today advertise there is no Kia in Akia.
Speaker 3: That's not true. I should have done that for them, You know, I should be in misbelieved.
Speaker 4: You not that it scares me. He lies so well that we believe him.
Speaker 5: Look, yeah, he's been doing it on his show for over thirty years.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. It is a Thursday morning, December nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Right around the corner, right around the corner. What is December nineteenth?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, that's true, right around the corner from December twenty fives. W'd I had lunch yesterday? God, I've already forgotten. Now I'll tell you what Hitler's dogs name was, But I've forgotten where I had Lunchester. I've had lunchhot.
Speaker 3: Oh, I went to an I went to the olive Garden yesterday. Oh it's not good. Really? Yeah? Do they do commercials for us?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I enjoy the olive Garden. Did you have endless bread sticks?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Endless salad, endless salad.
Speaker 2: So I kept on telling the female waitress is a salad endless? She goes, yes, well, I want some endless salad. Just make sure it's endless. She goes okay, and she brings the endless salad. I go, now, are you sure this is endless? She goes, yes, it's endless. Then I will keep on eating endless salad.
Speaker 5: Did she say as endless as your horrible jokes as unforgiving?
Speaker 3: She did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, yeah, what was bad about it? It was it just wasn't as up to par as olive gardens.
Speaker 3: I like olive garden. I do enjoy alive garden as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was breadsticks aren't as good as they used to be for some reason.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, I don't know. I don't know it's anyway. Maybe it was just the mood I was in, or because that's location I was. No, No, the location is fine. I was with one of my daughters, so poor thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh I bought her a smoker, you know, a tragger smoker.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, they're very nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's making a brisket today, she's smoking a ten hour brisket.
Speaker 6: Is she starting right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, she has to because it's ten hours and then it has to rest for you a hour. I'm gonna have dinner with her at five o'clock ton I six o'clock, so again because we go to bed early, so I can't wait. So okay, that's the food report. See I just did a fork report. Now, okay, I just got fork reported.
Speaker 3: You did Inland Empire?
Speaker 6: Check check check?
Speaker 3: Okay, something's going on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's Will. He just he's over in the newsroom.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, why is he check check?
Speaker 6: Checking in our ear ear earring?
Speaker 3: I ran into Will Will Will this morning.
Speaker 6: Walking in Thank god he wasn't in the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 5: That would have been horrible. I would have taken you right out. Yeah it's a prop plane.
Speaker 3: Uh it is a prop plane. I think.
Speaker 6: No, it's a real plane.
Speaker 3: That's funny. Okay, okay, not bad, not bad, all right?
Speaker 2: And good morning, Hi, Hi, Good morning, Amy, Good morning, Hi Bill.
Speaker 3: Oh where's my hat? Oh? Here it is? Uh and this isn't working.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you wear you know, I.
Speaker 3: Don't wear a hat normally. But here's what happened.
Speaker 6: BMW hat it is?
Speaker 2: It happens to be a sterling BMW hat what you know?
Speaker 3: What I did?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: By the way, CONO, good morning, good morning. Okay, So here's what so yeah, so Amy, what I did is I'm the garage door. I was opening the garage door stepping out to my car because I go through the garage sometimes. I had something to do, and so I went out there and I was looking down at my phone. Okay, and I the garage door wasn't quite open enough to clear my head, and it took off half of my skull.
Speaker 3: And it's bad.
Speaker 6: It's really bad.
Speaker 2: It's about six inches of basically down to the skull.
Speaker 4: Did it bleed a lot?
Speaker 3: Not only did it bleed a lot.
Speaker 2: Remember when I talked about my tooth that it broke at the gum line. So it broke the day before and I had an appointment to with the dentist who was just terrific, and she decided she agreed to see me during her lunch hour. So I was on my way to the dentist on an emergency dental call when this happened. I walk into the dentist's office. Blood is dripping down both sides of my face. It was really pleasant. So in any case, it is now it's horrible. Hold on, yes, scaped up. You know we're not going to take a picture of it.
Speaker 3: We should.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't, huh, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I'm not shy about taking pictures.
Speaker 2: I remember what you were here when I took pictures of my genital warts about ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Weren't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We actually I did. Actually I didn't do that.
Speaker 6: It's a joke, little tiny lens.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, See Cono thinks that stuff is funny.
Speaker 3: Nobody else does.
Speaker 6: Onno is a seven year old. He just giggled.
Speaker 3: Now I know he loves fart jokes.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, enough said, I said, I said hello to everybody. Amy, I say good morning to you. Yes you did, because I've already forgotten and will say good morning to Will I did say. Now in the studio, now with a prop plane?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, he has this tiny little plane that he holds in his hands when he does his reports and he goes, by the way.
Speaker 2: As ridiculous as that sounds, he works for iHeart, and that explains a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, are you ready to do it? Okay, where's my Oh? Here it is asking us and we're ready. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I am here we go. I just wanted to grab the news.
Speaker 6: The news piles various persons in walls.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do.
Speaker 2: It, guys, handle on the news on this Thursday morning, December nineteenth with Amy and Neil and me late story.
Speaker 3: And another one bipartisan bill.
Speaker 2: We talked about that yesterday to move the government forward, to fund the government stop gap wise until March fourteenth. President elect Donald Trump said you kill it, kill the bill.
Speaker 3: And of course they're going to kill the bill. He's not even president yet.
Speaker 2: And the same thing happened with that bipartisan bill to strengthen the border, and he even said, I want to use this as a I want to use this for a platform for kill the bill. And it was killed instantly. And that's what's happening. And by the way, they're not wrong. Elon Musk is pushing this very, very hard, and the President the Republicans are saying there's too much money being spent.
Speaker 4: And too many things in that bill. They have a new stadium in continuing reservation build.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's not as if they're wrong. Both sides have a point. I've been screaming forever. But here's the issue. Who's the deficit hawk anymore? Nobody, nobody, It used to be universal. Let's stop, let's stop, let's stop. And it's what's going to happen, is well right now? The if Congress overrides that and decides to have some balls and we'll do something other than what President elect Trump wants, Biden would sign it and Trump would go in and couldn't do anything until March fourteenth, after he becomes president. But it's could have killed and this is gonna wipe out Mike Johnson. By the way, Mike Johnson voted in favor of it. He put it together. Done, call a cost. Kevin McCarthy his seat doing exactly the same thing that Mike Johnson just did, and it is a mess. Later on, I'm going to do a I mean, this is I mean the just the the opposition and the volatility and the negativity going on with the Republicans and with Democrats coming up at seven thirty, I'm going to do a story that goes absolutely the other way, just a story about real democracy and just good manners in an election that'll be up to seven thirty. All right, let's do one more before he took a break.
Speaker 4: There's a California connection to the Wisconsin school shooter. A twenty year old guy from Carlsbad has been detained on suspicion of plotting to coordinate a mass shooting at a government building in conjunction with the Madison school shooter. So apparently FBI agents found this guy, Alexander Paffendorf from Carlsbad, and they interviewed him, and during that time he admitted that he had told the fifteen year old girl who shot and killed a teacher and another student before shooting herself at the school in Madison, Wisconsin this week, that he would arm himself with explosives and a gun and target a government building. Didn't say what the government building was. FBI agents say they saw messages from Paffendorff to the fifteen year old girl they had communicated.
Speaker 3: All right, not much I can say about that, all right.
Speaker 5: LA Deputy Mayor Brian Williams placed on leave as FBI investigates bomb threat against city haul and his possible relationship with that. So he was immediately placed on administrative leave, said a statement. The mair takes this matter very seriously. When the threat was reported. Blah blah blah, all that stuff.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, the Dow took a dive. The Dow plunged Wednesday by eleven hundred twenty three points it's two point six percent. After the FED announced that it was cutting interest rates by a quarter percent, as expected. But apparently what they didn't like was that the FED said that next year, in twenty twenty five, they're probably only going to cut their rates two times. That caused the nos do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the expectation was four times. And what's this is really counterintuitive. The economy is too hot, it's growing too quickly, and that means inflation is growing too quickly, because the two are connected.
Speaker 3: And it's tough.
Speaker 2: Although you know, the Dow, even though it is now it's gone south for the last ten days big time. But it's lost six percent in the ten days and that is not a huge amount. I mean, the Dow has lost a lot more than that during a given couple of days, so you know, and the Dow really doesn't mean a whole lot anyway. The Dow are the thirty biggest companies, the industrials. You want to look at the SMP, you want to look at the entire market, which is fine, by the way, it has not plunged like this.
Speaker 6: Well, don't these things mean something?
Speaker 3: No, they mean nothing. Actually they need they mean plenty.
Speaker 2: Why is it in the news. I just don't know what it means. And I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: WHOA, You're doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: On that note, the Federal Reserve cut interest rates by a quarter point as we talked about the third rate cut since it began to lower borrowing costs in September. So the Central Bank's latest moves leaves the benchmark lending rate in a range between four point two five and four point five two year low.
Speaker 6: But this wasn't unanimous.
Speaker 2: No, there was one person on the Fed that said no, usually it's the unanimous. But how much does this change anything? Mortgage rate six point six percent as of a couple of days ago. Interest rates on your credit card astronomical. Still, you know, twenty eight percent, twenty nine percent, twenty one percent.
Speaker 6: You have a twenty one percent interest rate on your credit card.
Speaker 2: I don't even pay attention because I pay them off at the end of the month. I don't pay attention at all. Probably it's probably twenty nine percent. What I just don't pay attention. I just I just don't care. So when I applied for the card, I get benefits and theoretically I pay for those benefits with this ridiculous interest rate, which I don't pay because I pay off my card at the end of the month.
Speaker 5: I think I have one credit card, and I think the interest rate is eight percent?
Speaker 4: Okay, but is it still eight percent? Have you checked lately?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not too long ago.
Speaker 2: I checked, because I how does it credit card be eight percent when a mortgage rate is six point six when a car loan is over eight percent at some neil.
Speaker 3: It's impossible low it might be eleven.
Speaker 2: That's even way where I am looking. I don't have anything that's twenty percent. I understand, I get it, but I don't care. They'll give you cards that'll give you ridiculous amounts of credit I mean interest, and.
Speaker 3: I just don't pay attention.
Speaker 4: There's some of them are up to like thirty and thirty five percent. What I have you not been listening to Joel lars Card I do.
Speaker 5: I listen to Joel all the time. I listened to him on your show as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said, as long as you do what Bill is doing and you pay it off every month so you don't pay the interest, it's fine. They're good tools. But those interest rates are just through the roof. I just got my American Express is twenty two or twenty three percent now, which is free nineteen.
Speaker 6: Well that tracks for you. I wouldn't give you a loan.
Speaker 2: They will because they're yeah big will look at he looks like a hood.
Speaker 3: You know, it used to be.
Speaker 2: It's gotten the point now where you are better off borrowing money from the mafia and paying vig.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay uh.
Speaker 4: A secret vote apparently did the trick. So the House Ethics Committee is going to release the report on former Congressman Matt Gates this week. Last month, they voted along party lines not to release the results. But the panel voted this month in secret. And when they did it in secret, that's when they said, okay, yeah, we want to get that information out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I'm not a big fan of Matt Gates at all, but what's the benefit of releasing a report on someone who is not in government anymore, is not involved in Congress, does not have any job in the government. What's the good other than pure retribution just to make him look bad. I don't know the answer to that. I would have voted no, and maybe because it was a secret vote. He was also hated by virtually everybody in Congress. He was not liked at all by Republicans or by Democrats, and that may have been one of the reasons.
Speaker 3: Let's do one more for taking a break, Neil Okay.
Speaker 5: Trump borders Are says he'll need funding and at least one hundred thousand beds to carry out deportation. I think currently we have like forty thousand detention beds that are funded. And Tom Homan, who Donald Trump has tapped as his incoming administrations borders Are said that he that plans are underway to deport undocumented immigrants at large scale and that he'll need funding to do so.
Speaker 2: And he's thinking of getting the military involved. Now, the military cannot enforce laws in the United States, not allowed to by law. However, can they support Can they provide intelligence? Nah?
Speaker 3: Probably? Can they keep peace?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, they can't do jack, so they wait.
Speaker 2: Their military is for foreign invasions and national security outside the country. We have bases and we launch a national Guard. National Guard is different. That's they are not. It's a separate force. National Guard is not the Army, the Navy, or the Air Force, even though they do fly and do the same things they do.
Speaker 6: Their Army National Guard is not the Army.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 2: See if I'm right on that. Please Okay, God, you got me confused.
Speaker 6: Hey, Siri oh Man.
Speaker 2: Is the Army National Guard part of the US military?
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely right, but I've just shut it off so you'll know that. You won't know, Oh it is Huh.
Speaker 5: You were the kid that threw the board up right before you in the air, right before you lost Monopoly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Jame's over all right now, all right, Neil may have been right on that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go back to Okay, I just say, you know what, Cono, can you delete all of that?
Speaker 3: You know I would have reachedlt that last time. I just made an ass out of myself. No more than usual.
Speaker 4: Ok TikTok's going straight to the top. The Supreme Court has agreed to hear arguments and make a decision on whether a ban on TikTok violates the First Amendment. The High Court is going to hear arguments on January tenth, and if TikTok doesn't sell by January nineteenth, TikTok, of course is Chinese zone. If they don't sell by the nineteenth, it would effectively be banned in the United States.
Speaker 2: Now the government is saying that ban is based on the fact. The government is saying this is national security issues because you have Chinese people, not that the Chinese government known for. Of course, it's honesty and not hacking, and TikTok is arguing we have a First Amendment right now. The same thing happened in China where one of the American platforms argued First Amendment rights.
Speaker 3: And the lawyers were shot.
Speaker 2: Because that's just not quite the place to go if I run the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: What's good for the goose, or excuse me, what's good for the pay king duck is good for the pay king duck.
Speaker 6: I will tell you this.
Speaker 5: It is weird when other countries you are amendment argue our rules.
Speaker 2: I happen to think I think the Supreme Court is going to rule in favor of the government on this one.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: All right, healthcare CEO killing the latest going on right now. Mangioni arrives at court faces extradition to New York on first greet murdered charges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in front of a judge who has to okay extradition. He's still in he's still in Pennsylvania, and he has the right to fight extradition.
Speaker 6: But he's not going to.
Speaker 2: No, he's waited, and so judge's going to simply rubber stamp it and they're going to fly him out.
Speaker 3: And he gets to fly private.
Speaker 6: Look, only you would know and care about that. Yeah, yeah, do you know what he's eating on the plane?
Speaker 3: You know what? I haven't gotten the menu yet.
Speaker 4: The EPA is putting the gas on a ban to ban gas cars. The Biden administration has officially granted California permission to ban new gas car sales in the state by the year twenty thirty five. The state needed to get the waiver from the EPA to proceed with the mandate, and President Biden said, yep, let's do it. That's one of his final acts, pushing the auto industry into the green energy sector.
Speaker 2: And President elect Trump is going to say, considering his connection to Putin yet it is not going to happen.
Speaker 3: He is going to reverse it.
Speaker 2: This may be one of the day one reversals which the President can because this is a directive. This is not a law passed by Congress. This is an executive directive, all right.
Speaker 5: LAPD LAFD charged two million dollars for working Dodgers World Series parade and just a little over two million dollars, And of course the Dodgers end up paying for this.
Speaker 6: They're all too happy.
Speaker 5: To cut that check and take care of the people that kept everyone safe. But that's a pretty penny for one parade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they were fine with it.
Speaker 2: They just loved it because well, when they won.
Speaker 3: When did they win was a twenty twenty World Series?
Speaker 2: They won, right, and during COVID they couldn't have the parade.
Speaker 3: So this one they went balls to the wall. We're going to have a big parade and we'll pay the money. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So when you, in this case request the permit to conduct this special event, they agreed to pay the city's actual cost for providing everything.
Speaker 4: Definitely not a lot of love on this boat. The FBI's investigating very good. A Royal Caribbean cruise ship pulled into port on Monday in la A passenger had died on board its navigator of the sea's ship. They're trying to figure out what happened. Thirty five year old Michael Vigil allegedly attacked two crew members during a sailing over the weekend, and video footage shows him attempting to kick down the door to a room where a crew member was apparently hiding before he was subdued by security. And sometime during that altercation he died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can see him kicking the door. You can see security overwhelming him. He's now on the ground. That's the only video that you see. And then, as you said, somewhere during that he died. Now I have been on Royal Caribbean and it's going to turn out that he died of food poisoning.
Speaker 6: Oh, you can't say that.
Speaker 4: It's not true.
Speaker 3: Are they advertisers?
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter, you can't. Isn't there some legal issue there?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. Oh I know. Let me put it this way.
Speaker 2: Seafood salad, right, which usually a shrimp in scallops they were opening at Cana Tuna.
Speaker 6: Was the guy intoxicated?
Speaker 4: Amy King, don't know?
Speaker 3: Did he die of food poisoning? Don't know, don't know.
Speaker 4: We're not going to assume the bill that he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you assume, you make an ass out of here.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let me okay, let me ask you this. Have you ever cruised on Royal Caribbean.
Speaker 4: No, I've been on Princess.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you have no credibility all at all with Royal Caribbean.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I didn't make an assertion, though.
Speaker 3: I didn't make an assertion.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, Okay, I absolutely did.
Speaker 3: All right. I had everybody's head about the bed ki am six forty, don't handle here.
Speaker 2: On a Thursday morning, December nineteenth, the last story we did before he went to break was about the Royal Caribbean passenger dying on the ship. And I had said that they're gonna find out he died of food poisoning. I said that I was going to get a phone call or I the iHeart lawyers were gonna call me. They called me and I told him to go stuff it. However, I would like to humbly apologize to Royal Caribbean and tell everybody the food is some of the best food I have ever eaten in my life. Okay, wow, yeah, it's a whole all right, Why don't we move on more handle on the news.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Don't drip over the tail between your legs. All right, So America's first severe case of bird flu is confirmed. It's in Louisiana. The Center of for Disease Control and Prevention said this is the first such case in the United States. The person was exposed to sick and dead birds in backyard flocks. Don't go around sick and dead birds. Yeah, that's pretty simple. Yeah, stay away from sick and dead birds.
Speaker 2: And I think this one someone had like a flock in their backyard. Well they yeah, I mean, okay, fine, who keeps flocks in their backyard? What?
Speaker 4: How many is a flock? Because my friend of mine has some chickens in the backyard.
Speaker 3: That's how many she's got.
Speaker 4: Like ten or eleven. That's a flock.
Speaker 3: That's a flock.
Speaker 6: There's not something else when it's poultry.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe it's a pod. Maybe it's a herd of chickens.
Speaker 6: A murder.
Speaker 2: That's that's pros Yeah, I know. Oh, that's a fun game. By the way, giraffes, you know what those are two words for giraffes, I mean two terms. If a giraffe is standing and not moving. No, that's a parliament is owls for real? So giraffes that are not moving standing still is a tower of giraffes appropriate? If they are moving, it's a Johnny of giraffes.
Speaker 5: I mean, go figure, and uh you've got what else?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Peacocks and an ostentation of peacocks? I flock like ducks or jews. Here's one for you, amy, Jews are a bank of Jews.
Speaker 4: You're making stuff up again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a bank of Jews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's move on.
Speaker 4: You know you can call a group of chickens the little ones a peep of chickens.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, that's where peeps came from.
Speaker 4: Are you making stuff up again?
Speaker 3: All right? How about rhinoceros o?
Speaker 4: What's rhino a crush? Appropriate?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Wow, I viewer in a beauty pageant, you'd be misinformation?
Speaker 2: Oh all right, why don't we continue on and uh finish it up this segment?
Speaker 4: Okay, squirrels aren't only storing nuts for the winter. So you know you see squirrels and they stuff their little cheeks with nuts. Well, apparently scientists have found unprecedented evidence of another type of squirrel exhibiting carnivorous behavior, including hunting, killing, and eating voles.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's uh is that voles or vowels?
Speaker 3: Fools?
Speaker 4: They're apparently opportunistic. They'll eat nuts, but if the opportunity comes along, they'll eat a bowl too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: You know what a group of squirrels is called a rabies of squirrels. All right, we have a couple of warning dew wey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, flight diverted due to strong smell. And this time it didn't have to do with handle one hundred live pigs in the cargo. Can you imagine, you know, because you never know what's in the cargo bent yeahay or whatever, and all of a sudden the stench of pigs.
Speaker 2: They would have let it happen, but there were a group of Jews that happened to be flying, and they just went.
Speaker 5: Get Jews and Muslims on the plane and like get the smell of bacon out pretty much.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're having a good time this morning, aren't we are.
Speaker 7: We We're gonna go through group after group after a group, okay, Mark, Yeah, we can do uh yeah, yeah, we can do one more.
Speaker 4: Okay, you like clean fuel, you got it? Virginia is going to be the side of the world's first grid scale nuclear fusion power plant able to harness this futuristic clean power and generate electricity by the early twenty thirties. It's going to be a multi billion dollar facility near Richmond, and once it's up and running, the plant's going to be able to plug into the grid and produce four hundred megawatts. That's enough to power about one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: Hanks and without nuclear power, without going to the nukes, and this is the newest technology. There will never be the ability of our country or the Earth to be neutral in terms of fossil fuels and emissions. Never in order to reduce that to zero. I mean, we're still in climate change and we're still all going to drown or die of wildfires. But want to reach a point where there is no additional it's gonna take this. Okay, now we're done.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, we went through sixteen stories today. Not bad, not bad.
Speaker 3: All right. This is KFI AM six point forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,