Speaker 1: Now here's nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, So we now know that the Super Bowl where the uh, the Eagles got it done for us, right, the uh those of us that are in the haters club of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Man, we had a good night on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Chiefs got blown out, Taylor Swift gets booed, Travis Kelsey's.
Speaker 3: Boohooing My home stunk. I mean it was. It was really exactly what what we wanted.
Speaker 4: Kelsey's wearing that ridiculous outfit. Did you see that?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's fit. I saw it yesterday for the first time, actually saw.
Speaker 4: It out all sad.
Speaker 2: But when he showed up looking like, you know, like a peaky blinders looking, I mean it was.
Speaker 3: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And you know obviously that a lot of pro athletes where things that probably cost more than our homes. But you know, they it's it's fashion, it's style. We wouldn't relate. But one of the it might have been I don't remember. It was on Twitter, one of these very well followed accounts that you know is more satire, but they just posted the screen the picture of Kelsey when he arrived in his outfit and said, imagine having to put this back on after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's it's very fitting.
Speaker 4: So just got to walk out with joggers and yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Just put the hoodie on, bro.
Speaker 2: But anyways, the Super Bowl was the most watched super Bowl ever, averaging one hundred and twenty seven point seven million viewers across all Fox platforms. So, I mean, as much as there seemed to be some fatigue with the Chiefs, and I really do believe that the NFL season, like I said yesterday, just kind of didn't have It wasn't a great year, I feel like for the league. And I don't say that because my team didn't win or anything like that, but I mean, I think there were some real factors I had discuss I think Lamar Jackson is is well.
Speaker 3: I think he's phenomenal. But I think when he has.
Speaker 2: A year where everybody's talking about how he's having a better season than he's ever had before, and oh, by the way, he's already got an MVP or two MVP trophies and the Ravens look great, and then they get to the playoffs and lose in their first postseason game or maybe their second one, that ends up being one really bad for Lamar, but it's also not good for the league. And I don't want to act like the league needs Lamar to be great, but your season is a story, right like this is entertainment, and some really notable stories throughout the season just didn't extend into the postseason. And Lamar maybe looking like getting Derrick Henry and look, it's you know, it's still worth mentioning. But when you don't, when you're Lamar and you don't get it done in the playoffs and you've already proven you could be really great in the regular season, there's going to be a lot of folks underwhelmed when you fall short like he did. But you know, Lamar, I mean, the storyline for me was and I don't mean like my storyline, but this is how I viewed it, just the way I kind of felt the noise was shifting when it comes to Lamar and the Ravens being talked about this year was that this guy's even better than he's ever been and he's already got two MVPs and oh, by the way, they just added Derrick Henry, I mean, and then they fall flat and lose to the Bills. So you know that that that sucks for Lamar, but it also you know, it ended a story that could have carried into the postseason a little bit more.
Speaker 3: The Bills.
Speaker 2: I mean, they they were still a big part of it, but you know, I think they got into the Super Bowl. Maybe you know, maybe there would have been even more viewers.
Speaker 3: I don't know. And then I talked about it yesterday. The Lions.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's weird to say, oh, the NFL needs the Lions, because the NFL has never had the Lions and they've been just fine without them the Lions. But but the lines were good this year, and that was that was clearly a storyline. So again, I don't think that the league had a great year, but that doesn't mean that each and every year the league could get worse Next year, the regular season could be even worse the year after, and if we continue to see a bigger number of viewers for the Super Bowl, I'm not going to be shocked. Because the NFL could have terrible seasons. The NFL could could take a huge hit, and people are still going to consume it like they can like nothing else, because it's the NFL. It's king so I'm not surprised at all to see that that one and twenty seven point seven million viewers was the average across all different Fox platforms and some of these numbers though, and we already had somebody text in and say this, and you're right.
Speaker 3: When you compare.
Speaker 2: Viewership now compared to five, six years ago, even further back, it is different because now, like if you had the Internet back in the day and you could watch on different platforms other than just your standard television. You could watch on an app like YouTube TV on your phone, or you could have a Roku, like the streaming world has definitely given us a bigger number like one and twenty seven point seven million.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: Still it's still a record, right, Like I don't know what like, I don't know for example, if you've got a guy.
Speaker 3: Like the wh who's it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Sequon Barkley he broke the record that Terrell Owens had right where not Trell Owens, Buttrel Davis had where he had the most rushing yards in an entire season start to finish, And as we talked about yesterday, he was the first Sawan. Barkley was the first running back to lead the NFL and rushing and be a Super Bowl champion in the same season. It hadn't happened since Davis did it with the Broncos in ninety eight. So I do think it's worth mentioning when you talk about those numbers and you include the fact that they played more games.
Speaker 3: Now, you know what I'm saying, Like that matters.
Speaker 2: Like that, Like if I was somebody and maybe this is just me being you know, self absorbed, if I had a really impressive record that like was a part of my legacy that I was really proud of and it was you know, it was a big deal, I probably wouldn't be the guy because you'll clearly look like the guy. Nobody wants to look like the guy. But internally, I would think that you were really lame for telling somebody else they broke my record when they got an extra game to do it, you know what I mean. Like, it's just quite literally a different thing. So again, when you bring up that kind of stuff with records, I think it's worth mentioning. But like saying, well, hey, this super Bowl back in the eighties, had we had the internet, more people would have watched it. Well, you know you may be right, but we'll never no. All right, it's coffee and company feel by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Thanks for hanging out with us here on a wet Tuesday afternoon. I'm not sure what it's doing outside right now, but I know when I got here about an hour and a half ago, it was I mean, freezing rain maybe. I mean it wasn't rain and it wasn't snow. It was something in between. And I know that it made a very light sound when it hit when it hit my vehicle, So I don't know if that's sleep. But the good news is we're gonna be staying abuff freezing, it looks like for the next couple of days, so it'll just be sloppy. I would imagine schools will be back tomorrow. Don't quote me on that. I don't know for sure, but today's one of those days where they were able to do the you know, the cautious NTI remote learning thing, because they have the ability to do it. But I mean, if they knew exactly what we'd be dealing with today, I feel like today probably would have been.
Speaker 3: A regular school day for everybody.
Speaker 2: But you know, they're gonna always here on the side of caution, and uh, they always should be honest with you. But yeah, we're looking at these next uh, I mean really, it's gonna be aboff freezing from now until the foreseeable future. We will get some more snow this there's some more I guess winter weather this evening. But like I'm seeing right now that we could get up to four inches in the in the region. But like where I'm at, it's not mean, it's not even I mean, it's sticking, but like not it's not really stacking up, if that makes sense. Maybe I'm just not getting as much snow where I'm at compared to others. But stay safe and this this is certainly messy and sloppy, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be anything close to what we had in January, which was fun like for a minute, and then it became kind of annoying how cold it was and how nothing would melt and it, Yeah, it wasn't fun after a while. All Right, If you guys want to join us on the show, you can fivebo two five seven seventy nine hundred is the number if you want to give us a call. You can also text in on the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line five ooh two six five three zero seven ninety. This tech says Nick was Duke losing the Clemson actually good for the ACC or bad for the ACC. I guess it depends on who you talk to. I think for Louisville it was good because their best win is Clemson, and looking at their schedule not only what they've played so far and who they but also who they play the rest of the way, there's no scenario Clemson is not going to end up being your best win. So Clemson beating Duke and their resume getting better that helped Louisville. Now for the ACC, I mean, I don't really think it matters, to be honest with you, like Clemson, I mean, I guess it. It's not going to put anybody in like that isolated result Duke getting upset by Clemson on Saturday, which, by the way, Clemson beat the hell out of North Carolina last night, which that's got to be the death nail, right like body bag this Carolina season because somehow they keep losing and yet I don't know, huh, maybe this is gonna make it to where Carolina really has a tough time making the tournament. Carolina has lost five of seven games and they have no win we're speaking of, and some of their losses in those five out of seven were to bad teams that we know aren't making the tournament. So, like, I don't understand like how Carolina has still been able to stay alive. I think Louisville, I mean, I do believe that Louisville losing to any of these teams the rest of the way could substantially change how they're viewed as far as making the tournament. But when I see Carolina and Pittsburgh continue to lose and yet they still have I guess a chance when it comes to the bracketology experts out there that think they could still get in, Like maybe Louisville has a loss or two they could give up. You wouldn't want to risk it. But yeah, Duke losing it helped elevate Clemson and Louisville right now is the only team in the ACC that has beat Clemson that will make the tournament. Right, So Georgia Tech got him in, Louisville got them. So yeah, I mean Clemson is sitting here in the top twenty five now in the net and then the kN Palm they're twenty and five overall and Louisville is the only team in the league to beat them. So I'm trying to give you a legitimate answer, but as I dance around, I think there really is no way to know for sure, and it didn't really have much of an impact on anybody outside of Louislle. Because again, if you are Carolina and last night you beat Clemson at their place, then yeah, that would be good because maybe that would put Carolina in a better spot to potentially make the tournament, and Clemson beating Duke would have made that win more valuable. But right now, louis I think it to answer your question, I think it benefited Louisville and really nobody else, of being honest with you, So I think it still comes down to just how the bubble bounces. When it comes to Duke.
Speaker 3: They're in.
Speaker 2: They lost to Clemson and their resume didn't change. There's still a one seed. Clemson is safely in. I think Louisville right now is safely in as of now, and then outside of that you got Wake Forest SMU and I mean, are we still gonna act like there's a chance Carolina and Pittsburgh can make it, because I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see that happening. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, North Carolina is now fourteen and eleven, Pittsburgh is fourteen and nine. Pittsburgh's projected to go ten and ten in the league, Carolina's projected to go twelve and eight. I just don't know how you could you could finish with with with those records and even sniff the bubble. But if you look at Lonardi and others like Jerry Palm, they still act as if those teams are alive and potentially could make it. And I guess, look, maybe they could. Maybe they went out, maybe they win the ACC tournament.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But to answer your question, I would say it benefited Louisville and outside of that probably didn't have much of an impact at all as far as the ACC and the NCAA tournament bids that they could get.
Speaker 3: All right, So let's see here, where do we want to go? We need to get to a break in just a moment.
Speaker 2: But do I want to be greedy here and try to get to something before we get to a break and then maybe throw the clock off and regret it. I'll mention this though the clock oh clock management not my strong suit, but real quick, just because this won't take much time at all. Tyler Shuck we talked last week or whatever it was. I guess it was a couple of weeks ago about how he was really impressing folks at the Senior Bowl and he's somebody that had a full season of good health and it really seemed to show that he's a good quarterback. And Jeff used him in a way that an NFL team would use him if they ever wanted him. And when he was at Oregon at Texas Tech, he was used a little bit differently in a way that the NFL would never intend to use him. So the momentum is still there, but like it's I mean, there's some people that think that he may actually be one of the top four quarterbacks in this draft, and maybe you know, he doesn't have the upside of some of these guys, but I mean, the more I consider what we watched him do here at Louisville, I mean, if he ends up with a good roster, meaning like if he ends up here's a scenario where he could maybe be in the league and be a starter. At some point he ends up getting drafted by a good franchise that like, let's say the Rams draft him and they've got Stafford for another two years. Stafford gets hurt and then retires, and Shuck came in as the backup and really did a good job doing what Sean McVay wanted to do. Like that's the scenario where he could potentially be a guy that starts. But I also think he's benefiting from I mean, is this is Austin you would know better than I. Is this viewed as a really strong quarterback draft. I don't think it is?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Not, like not at all?
Speaker 4: Right at all? I think even because you obviously have cam Ward and then you have Shador, but literally after that, I.
Speaker 3: Mean Jackson Dart. I mean, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know some people like him, but hell, you had I've seen a lot of people come out and say that, let's say, if one or two of the back end quarterbacks from last year were to come in this draft, that would probably be the best, like JJ McCarthy, yeah, or that would probably be the best. So this is pretty not all that strong. And even Jaylen Milroe is a lot of people. He's pretty controversial, and he's one help player.
Speaker 2: What it could come down to is that Shuck may just be getting all this love because comparatively speaking, this is just a bad class. But I also wouldn't be shocked if he was able to maybe last in the league for a few years. And I mean, who knows, You never really know, but yes, I mean I don't think there's any quarterback that is like a can't miss guy. I mean Sanders, cam Ward Jackson, Dart Quinn, Ores, Jalen Milroe. Those are the top five quarterbacks in this class according to what I'm looking at right here in NFL draft buzz dot Com. And I think that's probably maybe not the exact order, but like, those are the names you're going to hear more than anything. And after Milrow you get to Riley, Leonard, Callum mccorr, Dylan Gabriel, Will Howard, and then Shuck. So like if he ended up being one of the best of that bunch, it wouldn't shock me at all. And really, when you're in a situation like this where these guys probably don't have like the end on maybe cam Ward does, maybe shure Sanders does too, but to me, it's more about situation and timing than it is anything else.
Speaker 3: With these guys.
Speaker 2: There's certain quarterbacks that when you draft them, you know, if they end up being what you think they are, when you take them in the top three or whatever it may be, you kind of feel like, no matter what, they're gonna be able to help you because they're that gifted, like a Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a Joe Burrow in this class, right, I just that's that's not realistic, So I hope he. I mean, look, I when I see these guys that cover the NFL, and obviously now that if you're in the NFL world, you're already onto the draft because you know that's the next event on the NFL calendar. And he's continuing to get love and get in praise as to somebody who could be taken in like the top four rounds, which again kind of sounds surprising. But from what I saw, and what do I know, I'm not an NFL scout. I mean, I think the guy's got a lot of ability, a lot of talent, and I would love to see him have a I mean Louisville already is viewed as one of the qbus in college football just because they've had a lot of successful guys move on to the NFL. But Chuck ad him to the list that'd be even better. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep it rolling along. It's coffee and Company, and we are fuel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Ow back to Coffee and Company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So I mentioned that Louisville has already kind of been viewed as a as a QBU, right, a program that has had good results as far as putting guys in the NFL at the quarterback position. And I wasn't saying they were the best, but there was some some pushback on with that on the text line. And I mean, the most recent list I can find from ESPN was in twenty twenty three that mentions Oklahoma as far as just I guess historically and maybe modern you have Baker, Jalen Hurts. But who claims Jalen Hurts? Right, Like, if you're if if you're claiming Jalen Hurts, is that Alabama or is it Oklahoma? I mean, can both claim him. I guess they can because he was successful for both.
Speaker 4: I feel like Oklahoma's got to be have the rights to claim him, right, Yeah, because he spent this last was it two years there?
Speaker 3: Just one? But yeah, yeah, I mean in two uh, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just kind of exiled away from sure from Alabama.
Speaker 3: So you claim him yet you didn't use him, but you can only play one quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: So I don't like Ohio State fans claimed Joe Burrow even though they have like one of his six years in college.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I think they've tried, and he's I think he's kind of told him, don't claim me, right, But Jalen Hurts, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, and then Dylan Gabriel is also somebody that people would mention. But Dylan Gabriel played at Oregon to finish his career.
Speaker 4: Played several colleges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Central Florida, Oregon and Central Florida, Oklahoma and Oregon, that's right. And then with USC, I mean, they put a lot of guys in the league, but I don't really like For example, Kayla Williams is the newest guy in the league for USC and it's yet to be seen if he's going to be any good or not. And then you've got guys who played in the league but really weren't great Lioner Matt Castle, Sam Darnold, I mean, he did kind of resurrect his career this past year in UH in Minnesota. And then I don't know, like Oregon has Mariota, Herbert bow Nix, and then you go back to like Joey Harrington and Dennis Dixon. So I guess it just depends are you talking about just guys that end up in the league or guys who are successful in the league, because it really is a different conversation. I mean Louis has had Lamar Jackson, Teddy Bridgewater, I mean, Brian Brom, Dave Ragone, Chris Redman, I mean, even Jeff Brom. I mean, but again, we're talking about guys that were in the league. But really, when it comes to quarterbacks that have had like put it this way, if you've got a quarterback that has played played for your program and went to the NFL and either won a Super Bowl as a starting quarterback or won an MVP in the regular season as a quarterback or won Super Bowl MVP like that. That's not many that can claim that, right, I mean, because that's a mean it only happens once. Look Brady, I mean, how many how much hard word he'd collect, right, I mean that, and he's he's Michigan, But yeah, Michigan doesn't really have any other quarterbacks that necessarily come to mind. So it's I think Lamar simply just being a guy that has already won two MVPs and he's still seemingly in his prime, like Louisville can claim it. But even before that, I mean, Teddy was a first round draft pick and had had had you know, a stint in the league. I mean never really, I still think Teddy when people look back on his career outside of Louisville fans, because he'll just be remembered here as a guy that was beloved and is an all timer. But I think in the NFL he'll be remembered as a journeyman, but also a guy who came back from an injury that a lot of people thought he'd never play again, and a lot of people thought he'd never walk again.
Speaker 3: I mean, we never saw the injury. I mean I think maybe a clip.
Speaker 2: From practice did surface, but like, I don't remember watching it because that kind of stuff grosses me out. But you remember the day like that news broke, right, Austin, I mean you're Vikings fans, I'm sure you remember Teddy injury. Yeah, when he got hurt, they acted like he might lose his leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a very dark day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know for him to even come back. And then honestly, the best moments of Teddy's career as a quarterback in the NFL as far as just you know, where he was playing well and there was some success and he was getting a lot of love. It was in his rookie season when he became the starter.
Speaker 3: Who got hurt? Was it Bradford? Bradford yet, Yeah, he got hurt.
Speaker 2: So Teddy got to play and Teddy ended up taking Was that the year took them to the playoffs?
Speaker 4: No, No, When Teddy first came in his first start, or well he had his first, it was against the Saints because Matt Castle, Matt Castle was a quarterback then, and then he eventually ended up having a pretty decent year. Then the very next year is where he led them to the playoffs. They were still playing where the Gophers play like outside stadium. They had that below freezing playoff game against the Seahawks and Playerwash like hooked it way left. Yep, they're being ten yards out and there was it just seemed like progression under the Teddy years. And then that very next season is when or like two weeks before, two weeks before the game, before the season started in training camp, it's when he drops back untouched. It's completely untouched, and he like shattered his leg and they had to break glass in case of emergency. And they went out and found Sam Bradford created literally everything for Sam Bradford, and and Sam even did all right, but then he ended up getting injured too, and that's when case Kenam took the reins.
Speaker 2: So in Teddy's rookie year, he ended up starting twelve games and ended up being named Rookie PEPSI Rookie of the Year, Rookie of the Year, whatever that means. So then it was the next year where he had momentum. He started all sixteen games. They went eleven and five and won the division. Yeah, I mean, And in that playoff game was that it was against the Seahawks, right, Yeah, Yeah, was at.
Speaker 4: Home against the Seahawks. It was like below freezing then.
Speaker 2: And then the next year, of course he didn't he didn't play at all because of the injury. The following year he was back in Minnesota and did get in one game, yeah Bengal, but didn't get it, didn't you know, didn't record any stats. And at that point it got awkward because obviously they've got to decide what they want to do. They love Teddy, he was, but there was really no way to know what would ever happen with him. I mean to be honest, I understood even at the time, if you're the Vikings or really any team and you weren't going to just take a big risk on Teddy with a long deal like it made sense because of the injury that he had. And he ended up going to the Jets if I remember correctly, and did some preseason action there, and then that's when he signed with the Saints and he was the Saints backup for two years.
Speaker 3: And when it was.
Speaker 2: In twenty nineteen when Breeze went down, Teddy came in and started five games, went five and zero, put up some big numbers. They look really good, and then after that it was time for him to cash in, and he still made the right decision because he got a deal that changed his life financially. I mean, he's already an NFL player at the time, making a lot of money. But when he got that contract with the with the Carolina Panthers after two seasons in New Orleans, I mean, what was that. He has a three year, sixty three million dollar contract. Now a lot of people said, well, he should have just stayed behind and waited for Breese to retire. Then they would have just handed him the job. And you might have been right, But like, you don't know that for certain, right, I mean, you just you can't. You can't pass up on especially when he already had the injury that he had. If somebody's going to pay him that much money, three years, sixty three million, you can't turn that down. So I hated that everybody was like, he made a mistake. He should have stayed in New Orleans as Breeze is backup for one more year. But like, that's not I mean, you're not in his shoes. This isn't Madden. This is his life. This is his chance to get a paycheck. Essentially, really a contract that he probably never thought he'd ever see again or anything close to it because of the injury that he had. So it did not work out in Carolina. He was only there one year and they were bad and he wasn't good. But I mean, I also, you know, to defend him, like, I don't know who would have been good for Carolina that year. Then he got traded for Denver and then after that, it's kind of all she wrote as far as him being a starting quarterback. So I think people will remember him for bouncing back from that injury coming back. But I think the best days, like when people think of Teddy Bridgewater on the field making plays, being a successful quarterback, they think of him being the breeze backup because the Saints were having a phenomenon and he came in and they didn't miss abeat. They went every game, So they'll think of that, and then also think of the twenty fifteen season where he went eleven and five and they lost because of a pathetic kicker. That's what ended up happening. Speaking of quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers, he's out in New York. Apparently he traveled to New York on his own dime to meet with the team last week and they alerted him that he would be his services were no longer needed. That's essentially what they told him. And look, he's a really talented guy. And I've always thought he seemed like a real I don't know, I don't know him, so maybe this is the wrong assumption to make, But to me, he kind of seems like the worst.
Speaker 3: Like I just have never liked that guy.
Speaker 2: He has a weird I don't like who likes arrogance, right, But he's got like a smug arrogance about him that I just can't stand. Like I'd rather you be flamboyant with your arrogance than just like the smug.
Speaker 3: And then the whole.
Speaker 2: And I don't even I don't care about his anti vaxxing stuff, like not that I agree with a lot of his nonsense, but I genuinely just don't care. But I think he has such an insecurity to want to seem as if he is just on a different level than all of us intellectually. So he challenges anything that's like, you know, mainstream authority kind of stuff. He goes in the woods and lives in a box for a you know, a month or something, calls it some retreat. I mean, and look, maybe he's genuine, but I think he's a very insecure human that does a lot of this stuff for like attension, and it's backfired because I think the way he's handled himself the last like three or four years has made it to where not many people like him at all. So not a big fan. That was a long winded way of me saying all of that to say, I've always felt like he's one of the best quarterbacks that I've ever watched in the NFL in my time as a football fan. Now he's he didn't look that great this year, although he did actually he specifically finished.
Speaker 3: Rather strong, but the Jets were just, you know, a mess.
Speaker 2: So I am very intrigued to see where he ends up, what kind of deal he gets, because at forty one and you know, still freshly off of a torn achilles, I mean, teams that know that their weakness might be quarterback play, wouldn't they be foolish not to go get him? But I kind of answer my question by saying, like he's not a good locker room guy, like he's gonna come in and not going to conform to what you're doing as far as your identity, your culture, He's going to come in and want to run the show. Likes he's very much, very much self absorbed. And I mean, let's be real, the Jets shouldn't have been as bad as they were, right, I mean, I don't know. I just what makes it so fascinating to me is because I think even at an older age and fresh off of an injury, he's shown enough.
Speaker 3: To where he'll have a job.
Speaker 2: But I could also see teams that might really, you know, seem like the type of team that would benefit from him. Right now saying no, I'm not going to do it because we know we now know what comes with bringing Aaron Rodgers into our into our franchise. But have you heard anything Austin as far as which teams may like be interested?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't, But I did hear was it? I can't remember who it was, but I saw a really good review on Chook about a week ago and how he had a pretty good like Senior Bowl campaign and how he looked.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm talking about I'm talking about Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were talking about Chuck Stone.
Speaker 5: No, No, if anything, Uh, because I I the last lot to take on The last I saw was that, and I think this actually actually no.
Speaker 2: I saw it on Twitter thinking it was nonsense, and then Colin referenced it yesterday on his show. I say, Colin, like, I know him firsthand. That's your guy cow Heard. We are technically kind of colleagues, right, he's on this station and he works for iHeart.
Speaker 4: He leads right into our show. Yeah, we're peers. He's my lead in. That's right.
Speaker 2: But he mentioned Mike Tomlin and the Steelers, and I'm thinking, what that seems like the least compatible. But apparently there is like a bromance to where Rogers and Tomlin have always had like a lot of respect for one another. But that's a there's a difference in that then signing up to have him come in, because look, the Steelers are they are quite literally the one NFL franchise that they're gonna do what they're gonna do. They don't care who you are. I mean, that's why they've kept Tomlin as long as they have. He fits exactly what their ownership, with their front office wants to do. They do way more with less. In man, no team has ever in my lifetime been able to get a lot out of somebody, they start bitching and crying about money. Then they let him walk, and those guys can't even maintain employment in the National Football League once they're no longer within the Steelers organization. So to me, that seems like the least compatible thing ever. But then again, I don't know, Like maybe they have such a such a consistent and respected culture that Rogers would go in and kind of know, like, hey, there's one place I'm not going to run the show.
Speaker 3: It's in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: But he look, I thought about my colts doing something to get him, and I don't like him, but I know he's way better than anybody else we have.
Speaker 3: And we're already a joke anyway. If Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Wants to come and bring, you know, his Shenanigans and really mess things up even further, what's it gonna hurt? We already are a joke. I mean that's kind of the way I view it. But again, like it comes down to money, and I'm not sure what kind of deal he thinks he's gonna get. I mean, this is without question, wouldn't you say, Austin the most humbling stretch of Aaron Rodgers' career where he's basically.
Speaker 3: Been dumped by the Jets, Right, it's one thing to.
Speaker 4: A poor guy, right, Yeah, who would have thought that Aaron Rodgers, the leader and the great character that he is, would just destroy the organization from within? He got like so he got like three people fire her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's what he does. I mean, that's I mean, that's quite literally what he does. And it's one thing if if his play is just so like when you really get down to balancing the pluses and minuses, the pros and the cons, I'm not I'm not sure he's really ever because you get him. If he's if he's the piece that puts it to where you're actually going to potentially maybe win a Super Bowl. Yes, but I just don't really know if there's a team out there right now and where Rogers is right now in his career, I just don't see a scenario where you know, he like, honestly, the teams that we view as legitimate teams that could potentially get to the Super Bowl next year as of right now. Obviously there's a lot that could change from now until the next season. We just ended the season two days ago. But I just like I don't know who would, who would who would make that kind of a deal because they feel like he's the guy that really puts.
Speaker 3: Him over the top.
Speaker 2: I mean, let me just do a quick little Google search here, because the Steelers can't be Yeah they are. Yeah, there's already DraftKings are. There's odds out there as far as the betting favorites for the next Aaron Rodgers destination, and the Steelers are the betting favorite.
Speaker 4: Which again interesting.
Speaker 2: They make sense for every reason other than the fact that they don't put up with this nonsense, right Like they didn't pay Antonio Brown, they didn't pay Levey on Bell when everybody else would have, and they let those guys walk, and clearly they look smart for doing so.
Speaker 3: I just Aaron Rodgers would have to. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to say that that somebody is stupid if they want to bring in Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback, because you know, he's Aaron Rodgers. But I just feel like it's it certainly seemed towards the end in Green Bay as if he was a bigger issue for them than he was. Like a positive, he was a good quarterback, but man, their culture wasn't great. He was toxic, he was a diva, and man, the guy hadn't won a Super Bowl yet. But Jordan Love has been able to do just fine. I mean, like they haven't really missed Aaron Rodgers, to be honest with you, because you know, he had some really good seasons, and.
Speaker 3: You know he did have one Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But oftentimes you'd get a really good year of Aaron Rodgers where he put up big time numbers. The Packers were good, but never never good enough to get back to a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Steelers have enough confidence and beliefs in what they do to where Rogers wouldn't be able to kind of wreck things like he has at the end in Green Bay. And certainly, I mean, look, the Jets are a mess anyway. I can't blame that at all on Rogers. We are talking about the New York Jets. But I would definitely sign up to see him in Pittsburgh just to see how that would play out. But the other teams in by the way, this absolutely makes sense. I just out of sight, out of mind. I wouldn't thinking about him now. This probably wouldn't put.
Speaker 3: Them over the top to where they'd be a super Bowl contender.
Speaker 2: But man, the Raiders, aren't they the kind of team that you could absolutely see making a move for him.
Speaker 4: Of course they just got in. Uh they just Pete Carroll, right, Yeah, just dug up Pete Carroll to come in. And that's that seems like somebody the whole bag of bones. Yeah, you know, I'm shocked, you know, But if he's got a couple of years left in him, that's somebody that I think Aaron thinks that he could probably boss around rather closer than I would think.
Speaker 3: To take his seat. Grandpa, party's over.
Speaker 2: He'll tell the coordinator upstairs, Hey, turn his head set off. Just don't tell him, you know, we'll let him think he's talking to us. But he's not Weekend at Bernie's kind of situation. I mean, but the Raiders, they're not in any way built with a roster that, like Rogers, is the piece that puts him over, because I mean, where's who Who are the Raiders franchise players right now?
Speaker 3: Like? Who who right now is like the key who are the key pieces for them?
Speaker 2: I mean they got brought Bowers really good tight end, but I mean outside of that, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 4: Max Crosby, who's there might be looking to ship or he's wanting to get out.
Speaker 2: Well it is wild how that works, man, because you can have guys who like Sometimes you look at a guy who has put together many seasons where they are one of the best in the league at their position week in and week out, you say, that guy is a key piece to what we do. But if you don't win at a high level, what's the value?
Speaker 3: Right? So, like you're now so you're.
Speaker 2: Now seeing big time players that you feel like, who would get rid of him? Well, hey, we had him, he was great, but we didn't win, so we might as well trust something different. So anyways, the other teams that have odds here at least, you know, good odds to land Rogers.
Speaker 3: It's the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Currently at two to one, and then after that you've got the Raiders at three to one, and then the forty nine Ers plus three point fifty, which.
Speaker 3: I don't think that'll happen.
Speaker 2: And then you've got other teams like the Vikings and the Titans and the Colts.
Speaker 3: The Vikings aren't doing that right.
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna what are they gonna do? With with with Donald.
Speaker 4: I think that they're probably gonna move on. Yeah, I think I think it's just gonna be full blown JJ McCarthy season. But I know that there's always that fun parallel because uh uh, Brett Farv did the same thing when he went to the Jets and kind of fake retired, then really retired, then came back and then he had one of the years of his career in Minnesota. But at least Brett Farv, I know he's been weird the last couple of years, but he was likable in Green Bay, like he just he just had a flux with with the ownership there. But by all means he was a great teammate.
Speaker 2: It's like his ego got the best of them at the end. Yes, you know what I mean, and that that really kind of made that thing in sourly.
Speaker 4: But I want no part of Aaron Rodgers at the stage.
Speaker 3: I don't either.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding you, I mean, can can What do you what do you want for Donald?
Speaker 3: I'm the Colts.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to you as the brass here of the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe actually second third round?
Speaker 3: He's not even under contract, is he uh no, not coming up.
Speaker 4: But it's a franchise tag him, then that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: So they could franchise tag him and then move him.
Speaker 4: And then move him, but I think that that would kind of lower his value. You're probably looking at a third or fourth round pick for him, because once you franchise tag him, other teams are going to know that they're only doing this so they can keep them and trade them, that they're not looking for him to be their quarterback for next year. So they're going to leverage that and all right, we'll send you a fourth rounder or something like that. But it's all they're all banking of. They've seen Kevin O'Connell, the head coach, who's one Coach of the Year by the way, and he's what it's QB Rehabilitation School is what Kevin O'Connell is running up there. And who knows, they might go with Daniel Jones next year to start and then subtly move in JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 2: But frush Shadow rehab in Minnesota. Send Sam Darnold right down to to Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'd feel better about that than any of the other quarterback options. We've had since Andrew Luck retired.
Speaker 4: He's in a dome. You know, it's not not that that too big of a you know, the conference that he's in, is it really, you know, too tough?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, it really is a no brainer, because they can't lie to themselves and act like Anthony Richardson's the answer.
Speaker 3: Trust me, they can't do that.
Speaker 4: They've been trying that for too long now.
Speaker 2: I mean, any any game watching him is a sign that he's not the guy.
Speaker 4: But everybody just keeps saying that there's there's still something left to him.
Speaker 2: They said they said that about Tebow early on too. And and by the way, now I'm not kidding. Anthony Richardson broke Tebow's record for the work for the worst passing completion percentage for a starting quarterback in an NFL season.
Speaker 4: We'll just trade you Darnold for Richardson straight up.
Speaker 2: Like the signs are there, you're gonnaut him at punt returner or something. I mean, Richardson is I mean, he could maybe do some things, but you don't get to the NFL and then become a good quarterback.
Speaker 4: It's never happened, right, and he never a Project Child coming out like a Project.
Speaker 2: Yeah Child's he's not it, but quick Break will come back on the other side. And uh, in fact, you want to just double up here with that makes more sense since the clock management was not it was not great.
Speaker 4: Double up.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's do that. Let's do that. Stick around five o'clock hours next