Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest in the studio right now, Doctor Amy Wagner is with Root Function Wellness out of Watertown, South Dakota, and we're going to talk today about something that they're adding to the clinic there. They are the first and only clinic in the state to offer exo mind, a non evasive drug free FDA cleared treatment. Let's talk about this. First of all, what is this and what does this do for people?
Speaker 2: Doctor so Xomind is a medical device FDA approved for providing transcranial magnetic stimulation.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna have to break it down. What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: So what that means is that we apply a magnet over the part of your brain called the left prefrontal cortex. Okay, that's the area that controls emotional regulation, self control, and of thinking.
Speaker 1: I love that. So let's talk about some of the things that I, as a person might be experiencing that would lead me to utilizing this.
Speaker 2: It's really a tool for mental wellness. So FDA approved for treating major depressive disorder, but it's also used for treating anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, addiction, migraine headaches. Brain fog has been used to treat PTSD and sometimes used to treat patients with Parkinson's disease.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, And your clinic is the only place in South Dakota that offers this currently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the other big use of this type of therapy is for binge eating disorder. So the one hundred percent of patients who receive the treatment find a month out from when the procedure has been completed that their appetite is more easily regulated.
Speaker 1: Oh, very nice. And it's a non invasive, drug free, FDA cleared treatment, So I think that's really cool that this is. You know, there are a lot of things that people say, well, this might work or that might work. Well, the thing's nice about this. It's FDA cleared, it's drug free, it's non invasive. So this is something that if you're going to try something, why not try this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's really no downside. Some people will experience a minor headache. While the machine is doing its work, you feel a little bit of a tapping on your head. And there are older devices that also did TMS therapy, but the older devices did cause pain and it required forty sessions of treatment wow, which were usually scheduled five days a week for seven weeks, so it's really been underutilized. The xol mind Now they've been able to concentrate the magnetic signal and the protocol for treatment is six sessions, which are usually provided twice a week for three weeks. And they've modified the way the magnet the magnet operates so that it's no longer painful.
Speaker 1: And if somebody would like to do this, they would come and see you in Watertown at Root Function Wellness.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's correct. We're located just east of the High Vey Pharmacy in Watertown, Nice and the schedule of providing those six sessions can certainly be modified based on the patient's preference. Each session takes about thirty minutes. There's no sedation or downtime, so you can certainly drive yourself to the clinic and drive yourself home again safely. Nice.
Speaker 1: Now, this is just one of the many things you do at Root Function Wellness. What are some of the other things you guys provide at your clinic.
Speaker 2: So I am a functional medicine clinic, and that type of medicine is often referred to as root cause medicine. Okay, we look at the whole person as a system rather than having multiple specialists involved in their care. So the majority of my patients have been struggling with symptoms of chronic illness for years, especially patients with chronic digestive symptoms, autoimmune illness, chronic fatigue or chronic pain, hormone dysfunction, and infertility. In addition to consults with myself, we also have a National Board certified health and Wellness coach to help patients carry through with their treatment plan. Nice we provide IV nutrient therapy, injection nutrient therapy, specialty lab testing, DNA core testing, and grow baby testing which is meant to improve fertility and pregnancy outcomes.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: And now, of course we also provide the exo.
Speaker 1: Mind and the Root Function Wellness Exomind launch party is coming up on Wednesday, August six, next Wednesday. Already.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're really excited to have people come and learn more about our exo mind.
Speaker 1: And I see that's four pm to seven pm. So even if you live in Zoux Falls and you're like, well, I'd like to go check this out. When you get off work, you can head up there. It's not that far to get to Watertown. It's I can make it in like twenty five minutes. Just kidding now, you can you get on the interstate. It doesn't take long to get there.
Speaker 2: Yes, And we'll be doing demos at four thirty, five thirty, and six thirty during our launch event, and we will have some refreshments, a prize wheel, some prize drawings, and some special pricing during our event.
Speaker 1: If somebody would like to know more, is there a website they can go to to learn more about you guys?
Speaker 2: Sure? Our website is Refunction Wellness dot com. Nice or you can also find us on our social media, which is on Facebook and Instagram.
Speaker 1: Root Function Wellness is what you're looking for. And again, doctor Wagner, thanks for stopping in. I appreciate you. She was in town today and we thought we'd set up a time to chat. I think this is fascinating, this exo mind. I was reading about this online and I thought I want to know more about this, and again you're the only place in South Dakota right now to do this. So again, if this is something that intrigues you and you're saying I'd like to learn more Root Function Wellness dot com or is there a number they can call if they're like I'd rather just call and talk to a person.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's always a person answering our phone so at six oh five seven five three zero nine two zero.
Speaker 1: Very nice.
Speaker 2: Dot Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely again, if you'd like to learn more Root Function Wellness dot com. I'll throw a link as well at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sooo Falls News.
Speaker 2: Hey, Something you should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesisgoldra dot com