Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and.
Speaker 3: On KOA.
Speaker 1: Ninety one.
Speaker 4: Am got way you want to say the nicety us through three?
Speaker 5: Andy Connell keeping sadda. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to a Wednesday edition of the show.
Speaker 6: I'm your host for the next three hours. I'm Mandy Connall.
Speaker 5: That guy over there is Anthony Rodriguez. Together, we're going to take you right through until three p m. When we will hand the station over to those sweaty boys in the afternoon KOA Sports. In the meantime, though, boy howdy, do we have a lot of stuff to talk about. I got a ton of stuff on the blog. I can already tell you Nancy's not going to be happy with this one either. Okay, I go as fast as I can. I do, I really do. We also have some great guests today, and it's going to be one of those shows where we have something kind of intellectual, we have something political, and we have something completely off the beaten path. There you go, It's the Mandy Connell Show. Everybody find the blog by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com.
Speaker 6: Look for the headline that.
Speaker 5: Says ten twenty two twenty five blog a Jeff Coo Schools candidate at issues and is love Blind?
Speaker 6: Click on that. Here are the headlines you will find within.
Speaker 7: I do you with office half of American all with ships and clipments of say that's.
Speaker 8: Going to press plant.
Speaker 5: Today? On the blog Jeff cot school voters pay attention today? Did you watch Denver's Love Is Blind? Finale? Looking for affordable healthcare? Denver is suing over grant conditions, taxes, equal fees, equal tariffs, a new wildfire defense system for homes. Doug Cooe Schools pay attention scrolling scrolling. Another violent person is allowed to kill Shucker the all dang and it is supposed to be the Johnstown Breeze is run by a nasty lefty real estate Socialism is still socialism? Want to abort a baby the day before the due date? Now it's John Brennan's turn on the hot seat. Missed Love is Blind? I'm not the only one who noticed this about no kings, Let's talk about how you walk sucks when the facts don't match the narrative you're spinning. The folly of no Enemies to the right screen club is now a thing. The Joy of Testosterone for women blow eleven hundred bucks on shoes. The company says no AI in its ads. What net zero looks like in practice. Bernie Sanders gets schooled by the view. Dude finds out he's gonna have to get a job. I'm not paying taxes, so these clowns can retire early. Arvada wants you to booze it up, don't clean. October is your month. Garrett Bowles wanted to catch a touchdown. What are your relationship? Rich Will?
Speaker 6: I'm the cutest Halloween costume ever?
Speaker 5: Goes with the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot.
Speaker 6: Com tech two.
Speaker 5: Seriously, that old broad she's getting really picky.
Speaker 6: In her old ash.
Speaker 5: Dang it, man, going as fast as I can.
Speaker 6: Nancy can't help.
Speaker 5: But if there's a lot of information that I need to impart to the four people who read the blog every day. By the way, if you ever want to it is the Johns soundbrae. I'll fix it. I'll fix it, you guys. Somebody pointed that out earlier and I just didn't have time to go fix it. And now I will fix it on the break cuz I got to here a little late today.
Speaker 6: One of those days. You ever just have one of those days.
Speaker 5: We're just feeling a little running late the whole day yesterday, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 6: It's this morning. I've been running a little late.
Speaker 8: I had to get gas faster than I ever got gas yesterday. I had to be one of those I was right off the highway and then put them right back on in like sixty seconds.
Speaker 5: How like a pitstop?
Speaker 8: Yes woot.
Speaker 5: Taking her wheels off and putting new ones on and everything out of it.
Speaker 8: My car would have still finished top five, top ten in that rate.
Speaker 6: How big is your gas tank?
Speaker 8: Not very big? I mean we're talking three fifty four hundred miles.
Speaker 5: That But for that car, I'm guessing sixteen gallons.
Speaker 8: Like sixteen gallons, same amount of gas miles, well not gas mileage, same amount of gas that gets me going somewhere, as my Explorer was right, But I unlike the Explorer nineteen twenty miles per gallon, I get thirty miles per.
Speaker 5: Gallon exactly, so much better, Yeah, much better. My gas tank is twenty six gallons. And when I'm in Thelign at Costco the people get so annoyed, and I'm like, I swear I'm still fueling. Don't worry.
Speaker 8: You won't see me for a month. Seriously, I fell up like two and a half times a week. Wow, yeah, at least twice.
Speaker 6: Holy macaroni, Kay, Holy.
Speaker 8: And a half hours. Three hours. And the Carl Dudia, Oh, that's just work.
Speaker 5: You just hurt my heart. Yeah, it hurt my heart a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well I'm kind of join the sub three gas right now. So yeah, there you go, keep it going. Gas prices are ticking down. I saw a story about that today. I did not put it on the blog. I should have, but I did.
Speaker 5: Have an experience that I did mention this on the blog because I've got a video of George Stephanopolis talking to the CEO of Walmart. Okay, and George stephanoppflis kind of tease up this question about Thanksgiving and it kind of starts it with I mean, I'm paraphrasing, but he kind of starts it along the lines of, now that everything's so expensive, what are people gonna have to shill out for Thanksgiving this year?
Speaker 6: Some variation of that, you know, and.
Speaker 5: The Walmart CEO is like, Oh, we've got this basket that includes everything you'd want for Thanksgiving. It's got your stuffing, it's got your turkey, it's about everything. And he said it's fourteen dollars cheaper this year than it was last year. Uh oh, sorry, George, sorry, the turkey.
Speaker 6: Price is going up. That was last year's news.
Speaker 5: That was or we'll just call it button admin rules.
Speaker 6: So that was interesting. I've got that on the blog.
Speaker 5: But no, I went to the grocery store Monday, and I meant to talk about this because I went to the grocery store and I buy pretty much the same thing. I mean, you, guys, you realize when you go grocery shopping, you're buying pretty much the same things over and over again. Right, So if you're like me and your price sensitive, you pay attention to how much things cost when you're buying the same things over and over again. And I got to tell you, like a lot of the things that I buy a lot of have dropped in price, some of them dramatically. I buy this turkey sausage, it's dropped by like like ninety cents and not an on sale price, like the normal price is ninety cents lower than it was.
Speaker 6: So I feel like I know.
Speaker 5: That prices are going up on other things. I get it, but there are some areas where it's starting to feel like am I just the only one that felt that way? Has anyone else noticed that with their grocery bill?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 5: Is the text line, go ahead and text me there? What's interesting is, look, I now look at how many groceries I get for whatever amount of money. Right, It's like, oh, I got that, I got that for one hundred and thirty dollars.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm I'm now one hundred years old, apparently.
Speaker 5: So that's how you deal with rising prices, is you just you just talk about them as if you know, as if as if there's some kind of fantasy that you can't control.
Speaker 6: Sub three dollars gas?
Speaker 5: Lol, I haven't seen above three dollars in my town. Well, aren't you with smarty pants? My ram says this text for my Ram thirty five hundred has a fifty gallon fuel tank. For being a giant ass truck, it actually gets great fuel mileage unloaded.
Speaker 6: You think about people at Costco.
Speaker 5: Getting pissed if I'm a quarter to half a tank where I've had them blow the horn. Lol.
Speaker 6: Well, now see what I have, like a mom car.
Speaker 5: At least when I see a big truck, it's reasonable to say, well, that truck has a really big gas tank.
Speaker 6: But when you look at my mom car, I.
Speaker 5: Basically have a glorified station wagon crossover thing. Nobody looks at that and says, well, that thing probably has a pretty good tank in that. I mean, look at that.
Speaker 6: Nobody does that. No one.
Speaker 5: The funniest thing that ever happened to me driving a car that was unexpected. I was driving a loaner car when my car was in the shop, and it was a Mercedes like Mom car, but it was a diesel. So I pulled up the diesel pump on the end at the convenience store where the diesel pumps usually are, and this guy in a big truck comes rolling around. He's like, could you have used another pump? And I just pointed to the car and went it's diesel, and he was like, oh man, I'm sorry, so sorry. It's like, there you go, Mandy stuck up when right Brand Bacon goes on saying are you kidding me? I have a freezer full of righte brand bacon Because of that. You really don't know how thrifty I am. So Mandy has three more blog viewers than she does listeners go darn touton.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably probably, Man.
Speaker 5: I had a flat at the tunnels this morning.
Speaker 6: What no sympathy?
Speaker 5: I am so sorry, Texter, so sorry. Whatever I said was wrong with my day. Your day is worse. There you go, Yes, Mandy, you're the only one food except chicken. What Mandy? Our price is dropping dramatically or grammatically? Haven't seen prices go down Kings super shopper? I had not either until Monday. And then, like I said, I because we've been out of town. So I had to stalk up on some staples, right, the staples that you buy all the time, and I noticed, how whoa some of these are a lot cheaper. Now, let me tell you what's coming up on the show today, because we got a lot coming up on the show. First of all, at twelve thirty, if you heard us talking about Love is Blind yesterday, well we got one of the contestants on Love is Blind. The finale dropped at midnight. A Rod is not watched it yet, so this is hilarious. So a Rod is going to have to listen to me do an interview without any spoilers, even though because I read this recap, I already know what happened. So we're gonna have her on and I'm dying to just ask questions about what makes people want to do a show like this. I'm curious. I'm very, very curious about that. So we're gonna do that at twelve thirty at one o'clock, Lindsay Datko from jeff Co Kids First. We've got some we got some fun stuff in jeff Co Schools and again, what are we doing. We're paying attention to the school board races today it's jeff Co's turn.
Speaker 6: The union had endorsed some candidates. Well, they have now rescinded.
Speaker 5: Their endorsement of one of them after some unpleasant business from that candidate's past was brought to the attention of jeff Co Kids First, who did a very good job in sharing the information in such a way as to be sensitive to the nature of the churches. We're going to talk to Lindsay dat COO about that and the current Jefferson County Public Schools Board of Education member and your comments about safety being a privilege not a right, that was in the first meeting back from the Evergreen shooting, by the way, and then.
Speaker 6: I am so nerded out.
Speaker 5: And I love this so much because if you guys have listened to the show, you've heard Travis Bokenstead on the show before, and you may have heard that some people are going to see rates go up in this open enrollment period for their health insurance.
Speaker 6: I want to offer you options.
Speaker 5: We do have free market solutions here in Denver, We really do, and I have two of them coming on the show today. I have Travis Bocknstead. He is with a company Pinnacle Advanced primary Care. They do direct primary care. It is the best system. It is so affordable and coupled with a MENA share plan and you can get coverage for everything. And I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is not health insurance. It is access to health care. Okay, I want to be really clear, and we'll get into this later. But now I just found out about another medical practice called Smith Medical. Wait, let me hang on, let me make sure I get this this name right. Make sure I got this absolutely right. Smith Medical Direct Specialty Care. Now, if you've listened to the show for any length of time, you may have heard me talk about the Oklahoma surgeon of the Oklahoma City Surgical Center. The Oklahoma City Surgical Center was the first place in the country to say, Okay, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna we're gonna open a surgical center with really good doctors, and then we're gonna make everything cash pay. Okay, we're gonna just say you're gonna cash pay and go from there, and and we're gonna make a website and we're gonna put all of our prices on that website.
Speaker 6: And that's what they did.
Speaker 5: So not only is it absolutely transparent pricing, they have also had a downward effect on the hospitals in the immediate vicinity of the Oklahoma City Surgical Center when it comes to what they can now expect to charge for those same surgeries. Well, I found out we've got one here. So today Travis Backinstead from Pinnacle Advanced Primary Care and CEO Lisa Fagan from Smith Medical Direct Specialty Care are going to be on to talk about how you can have access to incredible medical care without breaking the bank.
Speaker 6: So lots of good stuff happening there. That's coming up at two thirty.
Speaker 5: So as you can see we've got a very busy show, and I have all this other stuff on the blog that we're probably not going to get to, but I want to get in one school board story really quickly. There's a great article, and what are we talking about school board races?
Speaker 6: For you guys. Three things.
Speaker 5: Number one, you got kids in schools and you don't want them to suck. Number Two, you don't have kids in schools, but you own property in the district and you want to make sure you're getting a return on all of those property taxes that you're paying. And number three, if you want a vibrant economy, you must have a vibrant public school system. Companies look at that when they're moving people to new places. It is a big part. If you have a large workforce. You're expecting a large workforce, especially of young people. You want to make sure that our schools are good. And I'll add in number four. These people are going to be in charge of your nursing homes when you're old, so let's make sure they're getting a decent education. Okay, that's why we're paying attention to school board races. I've got something in Douglas County I thought was super interesting. There's a lot of questions, and there's a CBS four story on the two different slates of candidates that are running, and one of the things that I jumped out of me actually was a comment from one of the union.
Speaker 6: Back to candidates.
Speaker 5: There are four candidates running that the Douglas County Federation has endorsed and that the AMERICA or a American Teaching what is it ATF American Teachers Associate Federation. I can't remember what ATF stands for. They are four candidates. One of them is I believe his name is Brian Callahan. He's quoted in this story for CBS saying no one on our slate has committed to a collective bargaining agreement. What I think we are really eager to do is to sit down and listen to teachers and all educators and listen to what they need to be successful in the classroom and working with our kids.
Speaker 6: Okay, that sounds good.
Speaker 5: The reason that's important, and especially in Douglas County is Douglas County did away with their collective bargaining agreement many years ago, and since then they have ascended to the top of the heap both in the metro area, they are the highest performing school district, and they have also done that for every school district of their size in the state. So I was surprised to hear that when I have a letter from the Douglas County Federation that says, in endorsing the four candidates, they endorse it. We believe electing these four candidates who are running as a slate will give us the best chance of restoring collective bargaining and getting a contract.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 5: But that's not all, then, the ATF whatever, the Teachers Federation American Teachers Federation, they sent out in their newsletter information about the various candidates.
Speaker 6: And they break it down.
Speaker 5: Candidate number one has made it very clear she would fight for educators to secure a strong and binding contract. Candidate two, and this is a quote, by the way, from the newsletter they sent out. While supportive, he was more cautious about how publicly vocal he would be during the election cycle, not shouting it from the rooftops. He understands that his public position on collective bargaining while trying to get elected is different from his public stance one elected. Now Candidate number three, this is what they said. Admitted she has green in certain areas, but demonstrated openness and a genuine desire to grow into the role. Non committal candidate for mister Callahan, who said none of the candidates had committed to a collective bargaining agreement, appeared open to the idea but hesitant to commit publicly at this time. Emphasized he would not make decisions without input from staff and wanted to hear directly from district educators before fully deciding. Also an open mind, but it's hard to say that the other two have not at least signaled to the union their intention to bring back a collective bargaining agreement while telling the public something different. So I just think take that into account because all of these races matter. You guys, If you want to know how our schools have gone insane, it's because we stopped paying attention to school boarding. You want to know why kids think that they can change gender when they're three, because we stop paying attention to school board races. I mean, that's people talk about getting the culture back. We have to get the schools into some semblance of a political life.
Speaker 6: That's all I want from schools.
Speaker 5: I don't want schools to never have any teachers who lean left. I don't want any of that. I don't want to know the politics of a single person who works at a school. That's what I want for my kids, and we don't have that now, and we don't have leadership in these districts that wants the same thing. So, okay, here's what's gonna happen. We're gonna take a very quick time out. I'm gonna fix my mistake on the blog, and then we're going to come back with one of the contestants cast members. I guess they should say from the now wrapped up season of Love is Blind Denver. So we're going to do that next. Keep it right here on KWA. We've got to get into this.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: First of all, Madison Maidenberg, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: You were one of the contestants on Love Is Blind, and I have to ask this question, what makes someone You're an attractive woman, what makes someone go, you know what I'm gonna I'm just gonna sign up to get married on television. What was that thought process like for you?
Speaker 6: It's a great question. You know, I've always watched Love is Blind.
Speaker 7: I absolutely loved the concept and the experiment, and you know, with my eye condition, I have something called retinitis pigmentosa and it is considered a blinding eye disease.
Speaker 6: So I really wanted to.
Speaker 7: Go on the show because it simulates what my life could be like if I were to lose my vision, and it was just incredible to be able to kind of get a taste of that and feel that.
Speaker 6: Out in this experiment.
Speaker 5: So now that you're on the other side of it, the show has aired, we cannot have any spoilers, by the way, because Anthony and his friends, you are die hard fans, they're not watching until tonight, So we'll just pretend. We'll just talk around what you know, things that happened or didn't happen. We'll just leave it all out there. But i'd love to know from your perspective, now that you've seen how they edit you, they see what happens.
Speaker 6: What do you think you would you do it again?
Speaker 7: You know, honestly, I would do this experiment a thousand times over. I mean, just the amount of personal growth that I got from this, it's insurmountable and I.
Speaker 6: Could have never expected it.
Speaker 7: You know, obviously my story didn't end with a fairy tale ending the way I.
Speaker 6: Would have hoped.
Speaker 7: But I always say I really did find love in the Pods, and that was through the incredible women that were there that've become my personal Pod squad, and also just the love that.
Speaker 6: I found in myself.
Speaker 8: Madison, we have been talking so much on the show over the really the course of years, from textures that say that the love scene, the dating scene in Denver is notoriously just one of the worst, if not the worst, in the country. What do you say to those out there that say that this season of Love is Blind did not really help that narrative?
Speaker 7: Uh, you know, unfortunately, I feel like our season did not do my native state the service.
Speaker 6: That it should have been done.
Speaker 7: But you know, the Denver dating scene has been called Menver for a reason, and you know, there are definitely a few Peter Pans out there, But I think overall, really Denver gets such a bad rap, and I want to set the record straight that it's not as bad as our season.
Speaker 5: You know, and the season wrapped up last night. Did you guys already film the reunion show? Because I got to tell you when I was a high consumer of reality television. I lived for the reunion shows because that's when the crap really hit the fan, right, That's when the real stuff came out.
Speaker 6: Did you guys already film the reunion?
Speaker 7: We did, and it's coming out next week October twenty ninth.
Speaker 5: Wow. So, now did you learn anything about yourself in this process that maybe you weren't expecting in terms of what you saw on the screen and you were like, wow, didn't know that came across that way?
Speaker 6: I mean, how how?
Speaker 5: Because I can't even imagine putting myself out there like that. That's that's a level of brave I just don't have.
Speaker 7: Oh, I appreciate that, Mandy. You know, honestly, I learned a lot about myself watching it back. It's definitely it's a little bit of a humbling experience. You know, there's certain moments they are like, gosh, I didn't realize that my face did that, or you know, wow, I didn't realize that maybe my total voice came across as this, or you know whatever. But I'd say the biggest thing that I learned from this is to really trust my intuition. You know, there was so much there that I could have leaned into and read a little bit better than I did in the moment. So I really learned to trust my intuition, lean into my gut, you know, and really truly not let myself be influenced as much by other people's words.
Speaker 8: Well, Madison, a good follow up to that is, I'm sure you've heard over the years having watched Love Is Buying the horror stories that people have in terms of issues with their portrayal on the show. Do you feel like the producers the show gave you a good representation or do you feel like maybe you fell more into that camp of you don't feel like you were portrayed the way that you had hoped based on having the fact that they pick and choose what they want to show.
Speaker 2: You know, I will.
Speaker 7: Say, in general, I'm really proud of the way that Love is Blind handles editing. They're really good about kind of capturing the essence of who people are and the essence of what conversations are. So, you know, in general, do I think maybe my edit shows me being a little bit more clinging, a little bit more needy than I really am. Yes, But I think it's also important to note that I was operating from a space of insecurity, you know, because of some of the things that Joe had.
Speaker 6: Said on camera.
Speaker 7: So you know, as far as the edit goes in general, I think that you do get a sense for us as people, but you don't see all of the other moments that kind of create the whole story.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: Did you follow along with any of the online stuff, because I know reality shows those like chat areas, message boards, whatever, they can be brutal. Did you pay attention to any of that?
Speaker 7: Honestly, Manny, I cannot stay out of the comments section.
Speaker 5: I know everyone tells me not to, but damn, it's so fun. Sometimes people are so creative. But I love that. I love your attitude about that because it's tough. And one of the things that I always say about my job being in talk radio over the years, like I have the thickest skin in the world. Nothing affects me if you attack me personally, nothing, I promise you it does not affect me. So at a young age, you now have had that experience and let it toughen you up. It's much easier to go through the world when you have a little bit of a thick skin. What advice would you give for someone else before going on.
Speaker 6: A show like Love is Blind.
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: My advice would be really good, get a very good sense of who you are and really know who your character is at your core, because there are going to be so many voices and so many different opinions, and if you can really just stay grounded in what you know to be true about yourself, then it makes it so much easier to deal with the trolls, you.
Speaker 8: Know, Madison last one for me and I've been nice and cordial throughout this, but we got to talk about Tom some tea at the end of this thing, because this season was absolutely bonkers storylines glor or whether be Edmund making out with the floor, whether it be Joe's scene with you in the hotel room making it seem like he was just off the rails watching this thing back. It could be whether it be you and Joe or any other couple up to the finale. What were some of your favorite and most funny highlights that you remember from this season.
Speaker 7: Oh, my favorite and most funny highlights. I mean, honestly, one of the funny moments for me was like when we were in the pods and We're trying to have this deep conversation and we have this box of like games and toys, and there was this one toy that kept making the most obnoxious sounds and We're like in the middle of a very deep conversation and it just keeps me like bop it, twist it, you know whatever, and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 8: So it got to the point that.
Speaker 7: I ended up throwing it out of the pod and when I came back out, it's gone.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's just kind of funny.
Speaker 7: Seeing the behind the scenes a little bit of just how the machine kind of works.
Speaker 6: That was definitely a funny moment.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: Another one that was funny when we were in Mexico kind of filming that whole scene with all the group.
Speaker 5: We actually had one on ones with each.
Speaker 6: Other guy and with you know, the guys with each other girl.
Speaker 7: And I was trying to go down the stairs and production told me that there was like five stairs and there were.
Speaker 5: Six, and I fully wiped out, you know.
Speaker 6: And it's just kind of like these silly, little.
Speaker 7: Very human moments that you just don't see as much that make it kind of an interesting behind the scenes.
Speaker 8: And I lied, I have I'd be remiss if I didn't ask. At the end of the day, how much better do you feel knowing the response has been so positive? You mentioned Team Madison at the end of the day. How really grateful for yourself and your growth at as a person in all reality? Are you glad that you did not go to the altar with Joe because he's bad news? Uh?
Speaker 7: You know, I always say Joe really did me a favor, And you know, I'm thankful that things ended when they did because I am absolutely a true lover girl and when I'm in something, I'm in something and I want to see it all the way through. So at the end of the day, you know, thank you, Joe gave me the favor I couldn't do myself.
Speaker 8: Yes, thank you, Walmart Brand, knockoff Bone, NICKX. We appreciate that.
Speaker 6: That did not happen, Madison Maidenburg.
Speaker 5: Thanks for your time today and best of luck and all you do in the future.
Speaker 6: Madison. And you know I couldn't do it. I just I could not do it.
Speaker 5: But you know what, A Rod and his friends are sure glad you did that because the show you guys so much, right.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you so much, Madison.
Speaker 5: All right, you gotta do that a rod, because I am going to take a quick time out and when I get back, I have so much stuff on the blog today, but I want to talk about something that's just cool. Right.
Speaker 6: It's not controversial, it's just cool.
Speaker 5: And this is one of those things that we don't have enough of happening right now. A couple of guys whose home was almost well, I don't want to say it came uncomfortably close to the tarbag and fire, or rather the tarmaic and fire came uncomfortably close to his family's home as at Silverthorne. So he said, you know what, We're going to create a way to protect homes in a wildfire. I'm going to tell you about it when we get back. It's super super cool. Listen to this story. I love this so much. I think this is so cool. For whatever reason. I love the idea of kind of an inventor, right, like you know, an inventor sitting just tinkering in his garage. Two graduates from Colorado's Summit High School who grew up watching wildfires threaten the mountain hometowns. They're leading the way to help homeowners protect their properties. Their company Defense Delivered builds fully autonomous wildfire sprinkler systems that can detect heat from approaching flames and sparks and automatically hose down a home in targeted areas to ideally prevent it from burning dustin dolamor As the CEO, he said he got the idea after his home was uncomfortably close to the Ptarmigan fire. He said, when we experience that fire, the feeling of helplessness that really nothing could be done, it drove us to make a working solution. We've essentially returned to the community we were raised in to try and give it back.
Speaker 6: The camera use or the system.
Speaker 5: Uses thermal cameras to sense heat and activate sprinklers, but only when needed. They spray about thirty five gallons of water permanent per zone. That efficiency doesn't put too much strain on municipal water systems who are trying to fight fires other places. We saw what happened in California. They just everybody hit it at the same time and they just didn't have any water. So they're trying to make sure they're not creating an undew burden. I love that The division chief Matthew Benedict with Red, White, and Blue Fire Protection District said, we have to be smart with every drop of water. A system like this that uses about thirty five gallons a minute, that's a low drag on the municipal system and it can make a real difference. Unlike traditional sprinkler systems that are on top of houses for wildfire defense, defense delivered setup is designed to withstand Colorado's high altitude climate. It automatically drains itself to prevent freeze damage and can operate year round.
Speaker 6: This is so cool, so so cool. And here's the thing.
Speaker 5: You know, I realized that homes are full of all kinds of family things and heirlooms that can't be replaced. But I'm not sure I would want my home to survive if everything else around it burned down. I know that sounds crazy, but I also don't live there full time. If I had a mountain house, it would not be my primary home, so it wouldn't have all of my you know, super special valuables in it. So I don't know. I just love stuff like this, and I'm interested to see how homeowner's insurance is affected by this because there is a lot of trouble in the sort of urban rural interface areas in the actual wildlife areas and wilder areas of Colorado for homeowners being able to get reasonably priced homeowners insurance, and a lot of the homeowners that I have known who lived in the mountains or in the foothills spend an awful lot of their time just doing wildfire mitigation, chopping down trees, making sure brush was managed, you know, things of that nature. I think this just sounds like a game changer. That's just that's really really good, and it looks like it can be completely retrofitted. One of the problems with sprinkler systems overall internally in your house. We have friends who suffered a horrific tragedy their home burned down and they lost their daughter into granddaughters in the fire. And they're big advocates for sprinkler systems inside homes, which is great, that's the gold standard for fire suppression in a home, but it's not reasonable if you've already built your home, it's hard to go back and retrofit. This looks like they can just slap it on the outside and call a day. I love that they saw a problem the experience to need and now they're solving it. I bet they make a billion dollars and I support them one hundred percent in their endeavors. Well done, young men, Well done. All right, when we get back, we have several things on the blog. I want to follow up a little bit.
Speaker 6: On the No Kings.
Speaker 5: I wasn't the only one to notice who actually went to the No Kings rallies around the country.
Speaker 6: I was right in my assessment, by the way.
Speaker 5: But I also want to talk about a story I had yesterday. But I think it's so cool that I want to talk about it in the middle of the show. When you guys are supposed to be paying attention, do you realize that there is a strong bit of evidence that guys, especially we can watch you walk and know if you can fight.
Speaker 6: I'll explain after this.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock, accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 10: No, it's.
Speaker 8: M stay the nicety through Ray Bendy Connell.
Speaker 6: Keeping a sad thing well FOOTBALLCA.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the second hour of the show. And because the theme until the election is pay attention to school board.
Speaker 6: Races, we continue with that.
Speaker 5: Only we're jumping over to Jefferson County, where one formerly endorsed by the teachers' union candidate has lost that endorsement in part because of the very delicate work of an organization called jeff Co Kids First and joining me now from that organization, Lindsay, Dadco, Hi, Lindsay, Hey Manby, I corrected the information that you sent me. My blog is a disaster today, just misspelling all over the place. It's been a nightmare just getting it up and running. And I have no one to blame about myself.
Speaker 6: But thank you. Welcome back to Yeah, welcome back to the show. First of all, thank you so much. Well, let's talk about the.
Speaker 5: Jeffco school board race, but only in the context of your organization, which has been really critical of the current superintendent for a lot of very very good reasons. I might add, you have you came into possession of some information about one of the candidates running for Jefferson County school Board who had been endorsed by the union, and I'd like you to I don't want to, I just want to have you lay out what happened and what has happened since then.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well, we heard directly from contacts of more than one victim of this school board candidate named Michael Yoakam, and we became very concerned knowing how direct these these contacts were. We actually listened to our recording at.
Speaker 3: A board forum.
Speaker 11: Where he admitted to a sexual offense as a juvenile and a deferred adjudication, which means that someone is found guilty or pleased guilty as long.
Speaker 3: As they and as long as they meet certain.
Speaker 11: Rehabilitative steps, their actual sentences deferred for a few years, and it can be dismissed and those records can be filed. And so that is what occurred here. There's actually Colorado state law that provides avenues for records to be unsealed when someone seeks public office, and we began a very direct and careful process to alert the community of what the candidate himself admitted to. The circumstances are tragic. The facts behind it are extremely serious. This is not a Romeo and Juliet case, a term that I've been people have been asking about indicating was this an eighteen year old and a seventeen year type thing. No, this was far more serious. It would potentially present a major conflict for him to hold public office, especially in a decision making role over over children. And let me just mention too, I was notified that a constituent, aware of the circumstances, quietly asked him to step.
Speaker 3: Down on September thirtieth, and eight.
Speaker 11: Days after that, we noticed this candidate still intended to continue running. We launched a deliberate and careful process, as we said, to alert the public, alerted the campaign manager. The same constituent did, and we noticed then that JCEA, which is the teachers union, withdrew their enforcement of him. So they must have also seen the gravity of this situation.
Speaker 5: Well, and what's interesting is they did not endorse him until they took a shot at your organization for having the temerity to actually point out that this person And am I. I don't want to get into the details of the case. And I'm assuming you know the details of the case. What are these are sexual crimes that involved children? Is that what we're talking about?
Speaker 3: That is what we're talking about.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 6: I want to be as clear as I can without being too clearly, you know.
Speaker 5: So you're the problem for pointing out that a school board candidate has this in his history.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, The first paragraph of their statement said that they failed. Basically, it was a procedural error.
Speaker 3: So they were withdrawing. They called it their recommendation, which was clearly watering down what this is.
Speaker 11: This was an endorsement and a full funding. We're talking potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on their candidates, so to call it a recommendation, it was definitely watering that down. But the second paragraphs then called those who who brought this forward extremists, and so they blamed their vetting process rather than the unacceptable risk children. And we keep saying, if this makes us a political extremist, just sign us up. Mandy Well, I want to.
Speaker 5: Play something for you, Lindsay, and I want to play it for the audience as well. This is why school boards matter. I just want you guys to listen to this sound bite. This is why I'm talking about school boards and this kind of nonsense that you're about to hear from the Jefferson County Board of Education by Aaron Kensworthy. You are going to this is the kind of stuff that's happening in school districts all over the area.
Speaker 6: So this is just indicative.
Speaker 5: This was the first board meeting back after the Evergreen school shooting, when parents were obviously extremely concerned and looking for answers about what the district was going to do to ensure the safety of students.
Speaker 12: For one of the gentlemen, I wanted to say, safety is actually a privilege. It is not a right, and it cannot be guaranteed, which is incredibly hard for any parent to say to their child, but it is true in the culture and the time that we live in. It's not just in schools. It is in movie theaters. It's happening at grocery stores and in public parks and also in schools.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 12: I wish that I felt that I could walk through this world entitled to safety, but I am not. And there are people in this world who have never experienced a feeling of safety and may not in their lifetime, and so to expect that we can guarantee safety for ourselves and for our children is an unfortunate untruths. We just cannot guarantee it. We can do everything we can to support it. That I wanted to say that because safety absolutely is a privilege. Feeling safe is a privilege. And ultimately I'm going to end with I'm very grateful for those folks who showed up at public.
Speaker 6: So safety is a privilege.
Speaker 5: And in saying it like that, Lindsay, she essentially takes the onus off with the Jefferson County school Board if really working to really do their best to achieve a modicum of safety at a high level so kids can feel comfortable going to school. Why would kids go to school if there's no effort, because well, you know what, we can't, we can't and nobody can guarantee safety. She's absolutely right about that, And at first I was like, well, maybe she's going to say, you know, we can't expect one hundred percent to guarantee safe, but then she went in there are other people who never expect safety.
Speaker 6: This school board is a clown show.
Speaker 5: And I'm not asking you to to agree or disagree, but man, does this school board need to be changed?
Speaker 6: It really really needs to be changed.
Speaker 5: And at least the good news is mister Yoakam has lost the endorsement of the Jefferson County Education Association, But that doesn't mean that they're not going to continue to keep more people like this woman on the school board. What was the were you at that meeting? Lindsey.
Speaker 11: You know I was listening. But Mandy, just minutes before Evergreen parents who had children running their lives, in addition to John Castillo, who's the father of Kendrick Castio, the hero who died rushing the shooter at the sent school shooting, spoke to the board and poured their hearts out. And this was her message as someone on a governing board of education.
Speaker 3: And let's just say the quiet part out loud. What she's doing here is equating.
Speaker 8: Safety and DI.
Speaker 3: She's saying that safety is an equitable an equitable issue, and that is a catastrophic view. These two terms collide so catastrophically. But we know that this is the case in jeffco because Evergreen High School was deprioritized and didn't have an FRO assigned to them. And so she's basically just reiterating what we've seen in jeff COO with the placement of SROs, and we can't have children safety as an equitable issue.
Speaker 5: Well, I need to say the We played the audio, but you guys didn't hear it because it was only in one channel and it didn't go out on the radio. Let me just tell you the audio in this audio the school board member said that safety is a privilege, not a right, that the school district cannot ensure the safety of every student, which is true, but then she went on to kind of excuse it as there are people in this world do never feel safe, and applying somehow that it's ridiculous for white people to expect to be safe when there are people who are not in their same situation who are safe. Ever, it's just the dumbest, stupidest line of claptrap I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and three TV news stations picked this up.
Speaker 11: It just went wild amongst community members. Her most important duty, it's a very unique duty of care, is to assume the responsibility in schools, you assume the responsibility of the parent for a child safety. It's called in loco parentis She mentioned grocery stores and movie theaters. Is not the same as institutions that watch over our children safety for thirty.
Speaker 3: Hours a week, say jeff Coe School's.
Speaker 11: Board member, it's unacceptable.
Speaker 5: Amen to that, Lindsay, I appreciate everything that you guys have done at jeff Co Kids first, and I've already told my listeners that in my if I were in Jefferson County. I would vote for Deneen at Shaveria, I would vote for Samuel Myrat, and I would vote for Gloria Terry Gascone for the school board and hopefully inject some common sense. I think that the superintendent needs to be replaced immediately because Jeff Coe's schools used to be a powerhouse and they're still good. They're still good, but if you look at what Cherry Creek is allowed to happen, you don't want that to happen to Jeff co Right, So those are my opinions, Lindsay, And I'm not going to ask you to say anything because I know your organization does not get involved in politics. You merely inform people of things that happen, Lindsay, yat Co, I appreciate your time today, Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Any all right, have a good one.
Speaker 5: So important school board races so so so important. Okay, guys, got a couple of things. We're done talking about school board races for today. Got a couple of things. One is that there is a small newspaper in Johnstown. I mean, I'm assuming it's small because Johnstown's kind of small. I'm not hating on you. I'm just saying I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. So the Johnstown Breeze is run by a uh will a person. You really decided to do something stupid.
Speaker 6: And that stupid thing was this.
Speaker 5: When you work for news media organization, as Leslie Banger, the publisher of the Johnstown Breeze, does you get all kinds of press releases from.
Speaker 6: All kinds of organizations.
Speaker 5: I get all kinds of press releases from left wing organizations about things they're doing, and I just ignore them.
Speaker 6: I don't care. And she got one.
Speaker 5: About the Weld County Republican hodown that's coming up and it's gonna be fun and there's gonna be music.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a great time.
Speaker 5: And so she was on the mass email and she just decided to respond with what time is the flag burning and the Mexican whipping. She's the publisher of the Johnstown Brees. Now, I'm not gonna call it a boycott, but what I am gonna call it is this. If you have a business that does business with the john Stownbrees, this is who you're giving your money to. And if you own a business and you're doing business with the Johnstownbrees, and you are listening to this show because ideologically you and I align. That's who You're giving your money to, someone who thinks. By the way, the chair of the Weld County GOP Hunter Rivera, didn't appreciate the Mexican whipping comment.
Speaker 6: It's just absurd, just absolutely absurd.
Speaker 5: And I'm tired of acting like you know what, I'm not going to be I'm not going to urge people to not do business. No, I'm urging you not to do.
Speaker 6: Business with them. I'm urging you to call it.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine they have tons and tons of subscribers, but if you're a subscriber, cancel your subscription and.
Speaker 6: Tell them why.
Speaker 5: There can't be that many lefties to support this kind of rag in Johnstown. I mean, I'm sure there are, but I'm tired of just giving people money that not only disagree with me. I don't mind giving money to people who disagree with me. I shop at Costco. Costco is owned by.
Speaker 6: A bunch of progressives in Washington State.
Speaker 5: I don't care. You know why, because they're not messing with me. They're not being rude, they're not sending mess to emails they're not doing any of that.
Speaker 6: They're just giving me great prices on products that.
Speaker 12: I really like.
Speaker 5: But when you have somebody like this, when you have the vile CEO of Penzi's Spices, and if you are a cook like I am and you love Penzy's, please never give them another dollar of your money. The CEO is the most hateful man I have ever encountered against Republicans. He hates every Republican and he's open about it all the time. He openly hates you. So stop giving them your money. I mean, there's some ways you can't get around it, right, there's some monopoly type situations. Really well, okay, I've got to do that anyway. Don't do business with Johnstown Breeze, just just don't. The only way you can prevent them from spreading that kind of nonsense and idiocy is to not give them any money to do it and just stop it. Oh, I have bad news. I want to get this story in before the break because I don't want to talk about it very long. It wasn't that long ago that the long time abortionist in Boulder died at the age of eighty seven after taking the lives of some I don't know, forty thousand babies.
Speaker 6: And the clinics shut down.
Speaker 5: And it was one of the clinics that allowed women, up until the moment they were, you know, ready to deliver, to come in and ask for an abortion and get it for no reason.
Speaker 6: In interviews, the.
Speaker 5: Doctor was forced to admit that, yes, they did do a lot of late term abortions for women that found out that their baby had some kind of fatal situation that was only going to lead to suffering if they were born, and they decided that that was more humane than allowing a baby to be born that was going to die for sure. I get it, hard, horrible choice. I don't think i'd make it. But that's on them, and that's their path they have to walk. But he was forced to admit the like half of his patients were just women who went through that long of a pregnancy and then decided they didn't want to be pregnant. I find this incredibly I can't even imagine what it must be like to do that job and still go home and look at yourself in the mirror and not feel like a monster.
Speaker 6: I mean, I could kind of understand it.
Speaker 5: If you're helping women there finding out their babies have some kind of horrible fetal anomaly that's going to make them suffer when they're like, I get, I kind of could maybe understand that the guy's a baby is thirty four weeks. Thirty four weeks. That is a fully formed baby. They may have lungs that aren't fully formed, that need a little help, maybe they need to be in the nikey for a little while, but.
Speaker 6: That is a fully formed human being.
Speaker 5: All those fingers, all the toes, everything is there, and they're injecting it with poison and cutting it into pieces and removing those pieces. Those little hands, those little feet, those little chunky legs. I don't understand. There are things. There are jobs that suck in this world, right There are jobs that I just think to myself, I wonder what kind of person actually enjoys that job. I'm sure there's a lot of people who do that job, but I think there's people like who enjoys being an IRS auditor who signs up for that. Hey, I want to be the guy who works for the taxman to go after people, to try I find where they cheated. Maybe your sense of righteousness can gird you through that process. But this is a job. I don't understand how you can do it. I really don't. I just I don't understand. And now it's back up and running the new Colorado abortion business. I guess it's an improvement. I should correct myself. They're only gonna kill babies up to thirty four weeks for any reason. Yeah, you just have to suffer through the last six weeks. If you can't decide before that that you don't want the little human being that you have, it's just gross. It's just gross, really really really gross. From the Common Spirit Health text line, you can text us at five six six nine zero. Mandy, can you say the names again you recommended for the jeff Co school Board?
Speaker 6: I absolutely can.
Speaker 5: That would be Gascon, Terry Gascon, Samuel Myron, and Denen at Shaveria. Nina Cheveria is also endorsed by the Democrats. But she's the best thing going in that race, So yeah, yeah, Mandy. I also drop Penzi's, which I love. Savory Spice is an excellent alternative. I am now I dedicated Savory spice shopper. They really do have the most amazing cinnamon. If you're going into your holiday baking let me give you two suggestions, and these are splurges. Okay, go get some of the Indonesian cinnamon that they have at Savory Spice. It is Oh, it is like a chef's kiss.
Speaker 9: It is so good.
Speaker 5: And then go ahead.
Speaker 6: It's Indonesia. Oh no, is it Vietnamese? I think it might be. I think they have both.
Speaker 5: Go get some fancy.
Speaker 6: Cinnamon, and then if you email me, I'll send you the.
Speaker 5: Cocoa that I order. You have to special order it. It is gobsmackingly expensive, so expensive, I'm not gonna lie's like thirty nine dollars for two pounds, but for holiday it will change your life. Mandy the Lineman Leader is every bit is bad. We've had a local paper for close to one hundred years, and now the current owners taking it upon themselves to be political. Needless to say, they're going out of business first of the year, Mandy whipping Mexicans. What if I'm white and that's my thing? What time then? Lol? Mandy. We canceled our subscription a while back because of the obvious bias. Yep, yep, Mandy. All of these so called legitimate reasons for abortion, why it must always be allowed?
Speaker 6: Almost never apply.
Speaker 5: It is done for convenience, you guys. I personally know someone who, at like the four month mark, found out that her child had a significant defect that would lead to a tremendous amount of suffering, and she chose to terminate the pregnancy. And she was absolutely gut wrenchingly heartbroken about the entire thing destroyed. I don't know if I if I, if I would, I don't know. I cannot put myself in that person's shoes because I've never had to make that decision. I probably A'm just gonna say it would ride the whole thing out and let God decide when it was over. Mandy, what CEO did you say hated Republicans just because they were Republicans. That would be Bill Penzie of Penzi's Spices. You can google Bill Penzy Republicans and you will see it all. He is the nastiest bit of work, the nastiest bit of work. And I will never darken the doorsteps of any of his stores ever again, because if he doesn't like me, then he certainly won't like my money. Mandy, trying to find the info on the Emerald River Cruise, Please advise one more time where to find it. Thank you always, mandyconnelltrip dot com. Did you hear we're going to Europe? Did you hear next October?
Speaker 8: Where are you going to Europe?
Speaker 5: We're gonna fly into Switzerland before we hop on the Emerald Dawn to sail on the Rhine River through Germany, stopping in some parts of France as we end up in Amsterdam. It's the Mandy Connell Adventure. It's already over half sold. If you want to go, you better go today. Mandyconnell Trip dot com. Mandy, what a ridiculous publisher as there is a decent Hispanic population in Johnstown, Talking of course, about the hateful editor of the Johnstown Breeze. It responded to a announcement about a gop ho down with when are the Mexican whippings?
Speaker 6: And something else? Mandy, Fyi, I vote for most.
Speaker 5: Mill levies for schools, but why isn't taxing people without kids to pay for school? Socialism? It one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Is it is.
Speaker 6: There's no two ways about it.
Speaker 5: But many many, many many moons ago, we decided as a society that an educated population is a necessity to make our economic fortunes rise.
Speaker 6: That is that is what we decided, So yes we are.
Speaker 5: Mandy Penzi's is based in Wisconsin. That sucks because I love Wisconsin. Bill Penzy puts anti Republican rhetoric on the packaging of his products.
Speaker 6: That's how horrible he is. Yes, indeed, and if.
Speaker 5: Anybody knows the owners of Savory Spice, let them know. I've been dying to do commercials for them for so so many years, so so many years. Here's a text responding to the conversation we had about the late term abortion clinic that's reopening in Boulder. It says, my wife and I made the same decision as your friend and aborting our baby as being unviable.
Speaker 6: And a threat to her health. Worst day of our life.
Speaker 5: Best decision for my wife's physical health, although it took a toll on her mental health. I try not to let her know. I think about this with tears in my eyes several times a week. Even fourteen years later, I have tears right now. I hope our child and God can forgive our decision. I told my dad I feel like a murderer. And you know, textor I appreciate you sending that in because it's very easy to demonize women who have abortions and demonize people who decide to make that choice. But it's there are people that make that choice, and like this gentleman, have to live with it. And that's the penance, right, that's the penance for doing what you thought was the right thing to save your wife.
Speaker 6: And my heart goes out to you.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I can't even imagine being in that situation. I count my blessings and I've talked about this before. I'm a big believer in gratitude. I think that no matter what your situation in life is. I've always said this about myself. When someone asked me, like, what's a good quality You're not a job interview, what do you think you have a good quality about yourself? I always say I am situationally happy. And what I mean by that is, whatever the situation is, for the most part, I'm gonna find some reason to be happy. I'm gonna find some reason to find satisfaction in whatever is going on.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's kind of hard. Sometimes stuff just sucks right, and you really can't do that. But now I realize that's just gratitude in action. And one of the things I'm grateful to grateful about is that I never had to make these hard choices and never had that situation. My daughter had a dramatic birth, but that was it. No text or I did not say I moved the blog to Mandy connalltrip dot com. But you can try and find the blog at Mandy connalltrip dot com and you may end up going to Europe with us. You don't know, you don't know, you have no idea. Could have happened, could absolutely happen. I want to play oopscrap, got the wrong blog open. I was looking for something for someone. I want to play a quick Oh, I don't know if I can. Let's play that guy's video A Rod. So I said this ad and I said, A Rod, I need you to beep out a couple words for me. And I saw this yesterday and now, Ayrod, you've watched the video.
Speaker 6: Do you think this guy is real or do you think he's somebody putting on a video? I mean, do you think that I kind of think he's real. I don't know that I think he's real because it's so outrageous.
Speaker 5: So this guy is on TikTok talking about his food stamps being cut and initially you're like, Wow, that's Tara. Listen to this clip of this guy, and just I'm gonna see if it strikes you the same way it struck me.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Hey, Roud Trump has cut my food stamps from twenty eight hundred dollars down to three hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 10: Now what am I supposed to do? Huh?
Speaker 4: So I literally just got this piece of mail today saying that due to new policy changes from the Trump administration, all this all this whatever that, all these cuts and whatever he's doing over there. Now now they're telling me I have to go work.
Speaker 10: Now I have to go do all this.
Speaker 4: Well, I literally got five kids, Okay, I'm trying to sit here and spend time with them.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to go work, you know, fifty sixty hours a.
Speaker 10: Week so I can pay bills. I'm I just really don't understand.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I've voted for him this last election because I thought, well, he had good was going on. But now all of a sudden, all this policy stuff's coming out, and now he's making all these cuts and now now he doesn't want to help the less fortunate people no more. I'm done with that guy. I'm doing with that guy.
Speaker 10: I'm not.
Speaker 4: If literally, if he gets voted in again, I'm leaving this country because I'm not dealing with this no more.
Speaker 10: This is all. This is all.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: I gotta tell you, guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, I can't imagine that this guy thought and the part of me that's saying this can't be real is also going But Mandy can.
Speaker 6: It absolutely can.
Speaker 5: When he said, I got five kids, it's not like I want to go to be going to work to pay bills? Oh ay, Rod, how much do you love getting up every day to go work and pay bills?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 5: How much you love it? Do you love getting up every single day to go to work to pay bills?
Speaker 1: Heay?
Speaker 3: Work?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: This guy doesn't want to be bothered.
Speaker 9: So it's.
Speaker 5: Are you looking for sympathy there?
Speaker 6: I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's telling the truth, but I do know that Senator Amy Klobashar, he of the Nasty reputation, decided to make a point about the Democratics shut down on the government over subsidies for people who get their Obamacare premiums paid for them. That's why they've shut down the government and so they can give health care to illegal immigrants. This is the example that Senator Amy clovishar shares on x dot com. Now see if you are swayed or it all moved by this? She writes about a news story. Early retirees like Bill and Shelley will see their health insurance premiums increase nearly three hundred percent from four hundred and forty two to seventeen hundred dollars per month if Congressional Republicans refuse to extend the enhanced tax credits. That's an extra fifteen k a year of families can't afford. How about this, Bill and Shelley, take your happy asses back to work. Why don't we start with that. She's really showing me early retirees, and I am supposed to be out here in the workforce paying taxes to the federal government. So they can turn around and Bill and Shelley can go to the beach again in their early retired years because I'm freaking paying for their healthcare. They think this is a moving example. This is gonna move the needle all of a sudden, people do well, God, we can't let Bill and Shelley down.
Speaker 6: Holy cow, let me.
Speaker 5: Get a second job so they don't have to go back to work.
Speaker 6: James, Louise, Bill and Shelley, They're gonna be it hard. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: I begrudge you no one in early retirement. I wish we could all retire early. But I also don't want to pay for someone else's early retirement. If you can't afford the full freight of your health care costs, you can't afford to retire. How about that, Bill and Shelley. How about that dude who doesn't want to go get a job and work fifty to sixty hours a week. How about that? Let's start with that anyway, Mandy, this man sounds like he needs to get with the program. I wish I could stay on with my two kids. I work sixty to seventy hours a week to keep food on the table. What a geek that boy? As he needs to snippet or practice abstinence. Agreed to the textures that are you trying to raise my blood pressure? I am not, and I'm sorry. Also, this is the other kicker text her you caught it too. Also, if he can't pay bills, how does he leave the USA?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 5: Mandy slightly off topic speaking about Johnstown reminded me of what a family friend told me. Doctor Jeff of the TV show has a clinic and conifer. In the employee only areas, he wears a shirt that reads F Trump. He harasses his employees in a political manner. She resigned because of his behavior. You know, here's the thing, Like I said, I if you keep it to yourself and I don't work for you, I don't care.
Speaker 6: But as soon as you make it publicly known.
Speaker 5: Because here's the.
Speaker 6: Thing, he thinks that's okay.
Speaker 5: To walk around like this. This Jefferson County Public School board member thinks it's okay to tell the parents of children who were running away from a shooting at Evergreen High School that they just have privilege for expecting their kids to be safe at school. This is how they think all the time. If that's what they say in public, what are they saying in private? We've really seen over the last month or so, especially since Charlie Kirk's murder.
Speaker 6: Exactly how uh well, exactly what many on the left think of people on the right.
Speaker 5: That they would be fine with us dying, they'd be fine with somebody assassinating President Trump.
Speaker 6: They'd be fine with you know, people on the right being murdered. I guess. I mean, it's like a thing now, but they're very casual about it.
Speaker 5: It's not nobody's whispering, you know, nobody's like I have these feelings that I know that they're.
Speaker 6: Wrong and shameful. No, they're all in, let's do it.
Speaker 5: So I'm at the point now where somebody shows me who they are in a way that makes me feel unwelcome, I will take them at their word. I will absolute take them at their word and never visit their business again. And here's the thing.
Speaker 6: It's not even a boycott.
Speaker 5: It's not like I'm specifically like, oh, I'm just not giving my money to people who hate me. It's one of the reasons that I have no desire to travel in the Middle East outside of Israel. I cannot wait to go back to Israel again. Cannot wait. But do I want to go to Egypt or Saudi Arabia where women are second class citizens. No, I'm not giving you my money. No, Mandy, I told my kids since Sora Too came out, you can literally not trust videos online exactly. I agree. I absolutely agree that we are in a very perilous situation where it is rapidly becoming darn near impossible impossible to tell the difference. So be careful with what you're consuming, be careful with what you are sharing. Do not end up making yourself look silly something that turns out to be AI. The easiest way to begin the process of verifying if something is AI or not is simply go to Google and put in the you know, Google box, whatever is the video circulating of Donald Trump flying an aircraft pooping on people in a protest reel or AI.
Speaker 6: Start with that. That should be your starting position.
Speaker 5: And if you don't get a clear, clear, clear answer one way or the other, just don't share it. Don't get sucked in, don't make yourself look stupid. I have a great column on the blog today and I want to get into it on the other side of the break, but it's kind of long, and it's by Seth Dylan. He's the editor of The Babylon B, which the Babylon B. If you don't know what the Babylon B is, you are missing out. The Babylon B is a satire site and it is so wildly funny. It is what the Onion used to be before the Onion lost its sense of humor and just started trying to score cheap political points. And Seth Dylan has a column in the Free Press and it is paywalden. I'm sorry about that. There was no way for me to get around the paywall, but I am going to share part of it with you because it is specifically about the notion that there should be no enemies on the right. As a matter of fact, the title of the column is the foolishness of no Enemies to the Right, and it's about whether or not Republicans need to be the ones standing up against the fringe elements of the right who are now trying to become mainstream in the party. And I got to tell you, guys, I have never seen a more correct sentiment in my entire life. It makes a great straight line between the Democrats refusing to stand up to the fringiest parts of their party to where they are now, where they have been completely taken over by the fringiest parts of the party. So, yeah, it's a fantastic column. We'll get into it next in the next hour. We have uh oh, we have at two thirty. You're gonna want to stick around for this. If you need if you're shopping the market for health insurance, if you're a small business trying to figure out how to provide your employees some kind of healthcare without breaking the bank, you're going to want to hear my interview at two thirty because not only are we talking direct primary care, we're also talking direct medical specialty care. What is that, Oh, you need a knee replacement. You want to pay cash. Here's how much it's gonna cost right on the website.
Speaker 6: It's so cool. We'll be right back with all that.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 10: On KLA.
Speaker 1: Ninem God want.
Speaker 5: To stay the Niceye.
Speaker 2: Sad bab.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to.
Speaker 6: The third hour of the show.
Speaker 5: I'm your host for the next one hour, Mandy Connell, joined by Anthony Rodrigue. Today we will be taking you right up until three pm when ka Wa Sports will take over. Now, coming up a little bit later, we're going to have a conversation about what injecting free market principles into the delivery of healthcare really looks like and if you're in the market for healthcare health insurance. This is not health insurance. It is healthcare. We'll explain it to thirty in the meantime, though, I want to share some of this column by Seth Dylan at the Babylon B because it is it is. Hang on one second, I forgot to log in on this thing. This is paywald, and I apologize for that, but I couldn't get around it, and it is what it is. So I grabbed a snippet of it that you should already subscribe to the Free Press anyway, just throwing that out there. It's really good. There we go, this is inconvenient. Oh fantast Oh there we go. Okay, it just popped up. But Seth Dylan is the editor of the Babylon B and the Babylon B does satire better than anybody else's doing satire right now, and he wrote a column that I got to tell you, I completely agree with, completely agree with. As much as I want to see unity in the Republican Party on the right whatever, there are things happening in the Republican Party that need to be called out. And a perfect example is the recent story about the Young Republicans in New York State who had a chat thread full of gallows and Nazi humor that was a little too over the top for my taste, and immediately all of these Republicans disabout it like, oh, that's absolutely terrible, we cannot have that. They pulled the charter of the Young Republicans Club in New York because of it. So I want to share some of what Seth Dylan has to share. Bad ideas are like cancer. If you don't deal with them quickly and decisively, they spread. One way to deal with bad ideas is to refute them, as C. S. Lewis said, good philosophy must exist if for no other reason, because bad philosophy needs to be answered.
Speaker 6: Another is to satirize them.
Speaker 5: Ridiculing bad ideas stops them from being taken seriously. This is the mission of the Babylon b the conservative fake news publication I've been gradually running into the ground since twenty eighteen. We mock anyone and anything that deserves it, not just because it's funny, because it's imperative. Bad ideas taken seriously can have catastrophic consequences. I'm a conservative, and it's fair to say that a lot of bad ideas we make fun of at the Babylon b are progressive ones. Recently, however, I've come under fire from fellow conservatives for pointing out what should be obvious. They're bad ideas on the right too. Never scrutinize your friend, as I'm told, focus on the enemy. They're the ones promoting abortion on demand, gender transition for miners, open borders, censorship, DEI, and a whole host of other absurdities that no one from a couple of decades ago would have believed could have ever become mainstream. I'm steadfastly opposed to those ideas. I've spent years and millions of dollars fighting them in both the courts and the culture. But what if those aren't the only bad ideas? If bad ideas spread like cancer, shouldn't we check for them everywhere. I recently visited an imaging center for a diagnostic CT scan. I'm glad the technician wasn't only interested in scanning the left side of my body.
Speaker 6: By insisting on no enemies to.
Speaker 5: The right, the right is repeating the left's biggest mistake. The phrase comes from the French Revolution, when the meeting was pad denim a ghosh, no enemies to the left. It was meant to establish strength through unity, but it quickly turned into an excuse to avoid self scrutiny out of confronting one's own radicals by insisting the only real danger was on the other side. This is how the American left has operated in recent years. Looking at all the ground the Left is lost lately, it's clear it was a huge mistake. Instead of taking on their own radicals and self correcting, the left ignored uncomfortable questions and let its most extreme factions set the agenda. The result was a self defeating overreach, with policies pushed into the mainstream that ordinary Americans couldn't stomach. And so despite all the cultural power they acquired, the Left is now managing a movement in decline. Ridiculous ideas like pregnant men and drag shows for kids were almost impossible to satirize. I often said the hardest part of our job at the Babylon b was coming up with jokes that were more absurd than whatever democrats were doing in real life.
Speaker 6: This should serve as a warning to the right.
Speaker 5: Ordinary people have their limits pushed too hard, and you start losing people. My argument now is simply this, if the right doesn't learn from the left's mistakes, we risk suffering the same fate.
Speaker 6: It may already be too late.
Speaker 5: Bad ideas in those pushing them see them to be multiple seem to be multiplying by the day. Nick Fuentes, a man who glorifies Hitler, has grown his reach and influenced dramatically in recent months, finding his way onto mainstream platforms. According to Alex Jones, Fuentes is set to appear on Tucker Carlston's podcast. Last week, Politico reported on leaked group checks that showed young Republican members reveling in open racism, anti Semitism, and violent fantasies.
Speaker 6: The right, including JD Vance, have.
Speaker 5: Dismissed the story, arguing that it pales in comparison to what leftists have said and done.
Speaker 6: In other words, our friends get a pass.
Speaker 5: The Daily Wires, Mount Walsh has reportedly promised he will unite with anyone on the right. Presumably this radically inclusive. An inclusive offer extends even to the openly racist and anti Semitic gropers who call for the death of his own boss, Ben Shapiro. Whenever I criticize the bad ideas on our side, anti Semitism, historically illiterate revisionism, baseless conspiracy theories, authoritarian impulses. A mob forms to accuse me of treachery and betrayal. I'm attacked for punching right, dividing the movement, and hurting the cause. What the radical right is demanding of conservatives like myself is that we unify with our extremists to win. But in what sense are we winning? If we're giving up our principles and tolerating evil in our own ranks, How does.
Speaker 6: That advance our cause?
Speaker 5: How can it be?
Speaker 6: Do you anything but hurt our cause?
Speaker 5: If unity means refusing to confront evil within our ranks, then I don't want it. I don't want to lock arms with anyone who thinks bigotry, collectivism, or post constitutional tyranny belongs under the banner of conservatism. The slogan knows enemies to the right isn't a strategy for defeating the left, it's suicide. And then it goes on from there. But he's absolutely right. I want to close with this last part. Every victory we've earned came through courage and conviction, not cruelty or coercion. We're winning because we're right, and because our constitutional republic makes it possible to course correct when free people stand up and speak out. Conservatism has never been about power or tribal victory. It's about conserving what's good and true, regardless of what's trending or how much it might cost us. The principles that make conservatism worth defending, individual liberty, constitutional government, objective truth aren't impediments to victory.
Speaker 6: They're its only foundation.
Speaker 5: Abandoning our principles in pursuit of power is not a winning strategy. It's confession that we never really believed in them at all.
Speaker 6: Can't tell you how much this spoke to me today. A good column you just.
Speaker 5: Read, but when you start thinking about politics instead of editorials. We need the votes for radicals on the right to win, just as Dems need to court the votes of leftist radicals to win. And you have to win to hope for any of your lofty ideals to be realized. There's a difference between accepting someone's vote and elevating them within the party. We're now seeing this in the Democratic Party, and I love the fact that South Dylan kind of uses them as the example. We now have a situation in the Democratic Party where you have a guy running for lieutenant or excuse me, attorney General in Virginia who texts, not even just text messages, has conversations wishing for the death of his colleague's children, and the Democratic Party cannot bring itself to condemn such language. That's what happens when you let them become elevated in the party.
Speaker 6: There's a big difference there.
Speaker 5: And I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, you know what, I don't.
Speaker 6: Really care if Nick fwent Tase is a part of the party system.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 5: If he wants to vote Republican, great, If he wants to vote for a white supremacist, great, do whatever he wants to do. If you need the tiny fraction of Americans who are true white supremacists to win an election, we're in bad shape. And I would argue that you drive more people who may be persuadable, those people who feel lost right now, who have no political party, who are truly centrist, who probably have some beliefs that lean to the left, and probably have some that lean to the right. Those people are persuadable when you let a white supremacist have a seat at the table, and that table is the main table. You now alienate a group of persuadable people that could have been a part of your coalition. So we have to make choices, and I think Seth Dyllan is absolutely right a text or texted in I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong, which is the best way to say this. But then they follow it up with Mandy, I'm all for unity, except when I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. By the way, that's meme I collected. I'd love to take credit to finish the thought. A unity between Washington and Adams was a pipe dream, but they were united in believing in the New Union. But you can disagree with someone on policy issues, as Washington and Adams did. But we're talking about people on the right who are white supremacist, and we're talking about people on the hard left that are anarchists. Do you see the difference here. You're not talking about two people who may generally speaking a line on the bigger issues while disagreeing on the finer points. We're talking about people who believe vile things. And I don't have any need to be associated with them. One of the reasons that I'm still a registered independent. I have not changed my party affiliation back to Republican. I left the Republican Party because I didn't want to be associated with the leadership of the Colorado Republican Party.
Speaker 6: And I'm just waiting. I'm just waiting to see what happens next.
Speaker 5: You know, Mandy, I've noticed a lot of pro Nazi stuff seeping.
Speaker 6: Into the algorithm.
Speaker 5: I always say not interested, but it's strange how it's being pushed on the right. Has anybody else had that experience. I don't get any kind of pro Nazi crap.
Speaker 6: I just don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I keep my algorithm so clean. I don't have any the evil, awful, horrible thing. Well, if I do, it's because I see it on libs of TikTok or someone else. That's the only way I see it. I don't have the neo Nazi stuff coming at me. So, Mandy, is there any room for us to emulate the jazz musician Darryl Davis didn't He set a good example of how we sway people from the radical edge to come back towards the center. I don't know you.
Speaker 6: I don't feel.
Speaker 5: I don't feel any responsibility to try and change someone else's mind that I think is terribly terribly wrong unless they're in my immediate sphere, you know.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And then again, I don't think I have any friends that I would, even for a moment, would consider.
Speaker 6: Themselves white supremacists.
Speaker 5: I just don't.
Speaker 8: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I do not know, Mandy. There is no problem Nazi stuff on the right, Yes there is. Yet, yeah, there really is, you guys, there really is. And the fact that you're like there's nothing over there, you're either willfully ignorant or you're not willing to call it out when you see it.
Speaker 6: That's kind of the point self Dylan is making. It's not like we have to have the most.
Speaker 5: Pure party in the world. I welcome all viewpoints, I really really do, I truly do. I want to hear everybody's viewpoints from the right. I want to hear what they're thinking, But I'm not going to treat all of those ideas with the same level of seriousness or respect. And I think that should be easy to understand. And yet there does seem to be this slight elevation of the cuckoo.
Speaker 6: Somebody asks of Candace.
Speaker 5: Owens is on the hard right and she didn't used to be, but boy, she is just she is moving into that grifter territory that, in my mind undermines everything.
Speaker 6: So you can put her, I would put her on the far far right and part of the problem.
Speaker 5: And if Tucker Carlson is gonna have Nick Fuentas on his podcast to really have a tough interview, as Tucker is very capable of doing, then that's one thing. But if he's gonna have him on to do the kind of softball interviews that he's done for other people lately, that's just gross. It's gross and unnecessary and uncalled for, Mandy. All white supremacists vote Republican, but that does not mean that all Republicans are white supremacists. Again, just like all anarchists probably vote Democrat, but not Democrats are all anarchists, Mandy. It's not pro Nazi in the sense of hardcore push but more of jokes than when you go down the rabbit hole of not PC jokes and means that stuff starts to pop up.
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe it's my own fault. Lol. Well, yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 5: I am going to talk about alternatives to health insurance that are actually about making healthcare.
Speaker 6: Both affordable and accessible.
Speaker 5: And joining me now is a like I mean, Travis is like a multiple time guest, He's practically a co host. Travis Bocenstaid is the Chief Experience Officer for Pinnacle Advanced Primary Care. They do direct primary care. And if you don't know what this is, hang in. We're going to help you understand the whole process. And joining her today is a new Travis Bocenstaid guest. Travis books all the guests now when it comes to healthcare. Lisa Fagan is the CEO of Smith Medical Direct Specialty Care, and this piece of the puzzle answers the question what if I need a knee replacement?
Speaker 6: But we're going to start with Travis first.
Speaker 5: Travis, for my listeners who've never heard you on the show before, let's do the elevator speech.
Speaker 6: What is direct primary care?
Speaker 13: So Pinnacle Advanced Primary Care and the DPC movement think about it like the Netflix of healthcare. You are going to pay a fixed monthly membership fee for unlimited access to primary care and family medicine with.
Speaker 2: No copays, deductibles, or offices at fees.
Speaker 13: So I want you to think about direct primary care like family medicine used to be forty fifty years ago before insurance ruined all of it, and DPC can take care of ninety percent of a member's everyday health and wellness needs.
Speaker 2: But for your listeners and Mandy, what we talk about a lot.
Speaker 13: Of times is well what happens outside of the direct primary care space. And it's really exciting in the marketplace right now that we're not only seeing the growth of direct primary care, there's a new strong movement called the direct specialty care movement. And Pinnacle's been very excited to partner up with our friends at Smith Medical because they're solving that problem in the market and actually making big procedures affordable for people.
Speaker 5: If you guys have listened to the show at all, I have been talking since I got a show in two thousand and five about the Oklahoma City Surgical Center. The Oklahoma City Surgical Center is a surgical center staff by fine surgeons and doctors. And if you need any replacement, you can go right now to their website Oklahoma City Surgical Center and you can find out how much ane replacement is going to cost because they publish all of their prices online and I have held it up as the gold standard since two thousand and five. And now we have one in our neighborhood and it is called Smith Medical Direct Specialty Care. And on their website, I am right now clicking over to the page that says surgery pricing. So let's bring in CEO Lisa Fagan to talk about that aspect of it now.
Speaker 6: Lisa, I asked you why.
Speaker 5: You called it Smith Medical Direct Specialty Care. It's actually named in honor of the doctor from the Oklahoma City Surgical Center. So it was a long introduction, but I wanted to get all that in to kind of give the background. So you guys are just doing the same thing.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: Yes, we named our company after Keith Smith because he's the pioneer and we were honored that he allowed us to name our company after him. So we are a cash pay option for your surgical needs. We're affordable, transparent, bundled pricing. We're multi specialty, so we can cover anything from a total joint to a spine to a hernia and everything. All of our pricing is right online, like McDonald's. You take a look on our website and you can scroll through and you see a rotator cuff repair, you see a total joint and there are no hidden fees. You know the exact price upfront prior to surgery. You'll never get a bill on the back end. And our patients are loving it well.
Speaker 5: And you know, it's funny because you look at some of these prices, and some of them are are high prices. I mean, you're talking about twenty two thousand dollars for a total knee replacement. But when you get into the cost of health insurance for someone over the age of fifty, they're paying that much in annual premiums for coverage that doesn't give them a whole bunch more, you know what I mean. It's like you have to break it down into how you actually use healthcare. Now, I want to ask Travis a question, because the number one question I get is, so I sign up for direct primary care, or maybe even I sign up my business to take care of my employees with direct primary care. What happens if I have some kind of catastrophic event. Would you guys recommend these meta share programs or you work with some of those, but now you also have you know, Smith Medical where you can say, look, you can go over here at Lisa. I'm assuming you have some kind of financing options.
Speaker 9: We do have a financing option. But for employers, they actually love to pay direct too, because they save a significant amount of money on like their premiums for insurance, so they save about forty to sixty percent if they go directly to companies like US. So a total knee, like you said, yeah, it's a big price, but it's a lot more affordable than if they go to a hospital or another surgery center and they know exactly what they're going to pay. A total knee is the same price every single time they do it. I'm like, when you go to a hospital, it could be a bunch of different prices. It can range anywhere from three hundred percent for the same exact CPT code.
Speaker 6: So there's everything including plastic surgery.
Speaker 5: By the way, I was like, wait what, I love that And I think that eventually and I'm hoping this kind of model catches on that this is going to create some downward pressure on these prices in our metro area. Because years ago, when I interviewed doctor Keith smith On about this. He said, look, we've really seen some price reductions even in the hospitals because they have to compete with us. Now, you guys haven't been around that long, But how did you decide on this pricing? Like, tell me how you and I don't need like a you know, bullet pointed every single aspect. But when you're setting pricing, what do you look at.
Speaker 9: Well, we're really going off of Medicare pricing, So we're doing about one hundred and fifty percent of what Medicare charges and that's for across the board, so physician anesesia facility. And then we don't upprice the implant, which most of the most places do. They charge like a ten percent increase from the implant. We give it to them at cost. So really we're just wanting to be affordable for these patients.
Speaker 5: And that's another thing Travis about direct primary care is that you go in, you get your office visits, they don't cost you anything extra. But say you need a blood test, say you need a strip test, say you need something along those lines, you guys will do the test, but you only charge wholesale pricing, and those price differences are shocking, Like what you will pay less paying for the test than a lot of us paying a copay to go to a doctor's office.
Speaker 13: Right right, What you're finding here is we all follow the same principle. We believe that you can get high quality care at a very affordable price. And if we start to lift the veil on the madness that is happening behind the scenes, we can create stronger healthcare consumers. If you're someone that owns a business right now, and what's super exciting in the market is that Pinnacle now has our own health plan overlaid on top of our practice, and we are partnering specifically with Smith to refer surgeries over to them because we know those who take our health plan, we will be saving them hundreds and thousands of dollars by doing a direct pay relationship with Smith Medical.
Speaker 2: So it's like two p's in a pod.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We're keeping them happy and healthy.
Speaker 13: But when we want our members to get really affordable surgical care with no surprise medical bills, we are perfectly aligned with Smith and we have the opportunity to save local employers and their employees.
Speaker 2: It's of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 6: I got a couple of.
Speaker 5: Text messages earlier Travis from one of them from a guy who said, look, i run a business out of Dia and I've got forty employees and I need to do something just to keep employees. And I was like, well, you're gonna want to listen to this interview and give them a call now. At least people don't have to have a membership with you though, because you've only made I may only need Smith Medical Direct one time. Maybe if I go to get my I'm not getting my nose done. I have a good nose, but you know what I mean. I mean, so I don't have to have a membership with you. Guys, No, no membership.
Speaker 9: And the average person has a surgery every fourteen years, right, so I mean hopefully you don't see us all that often, but when you do need us, we're here, and it's affordable and transparent pricing.
Speaker 5: So there are so many questions, so many questions. What's the warranty on a knee replacement or any surgery do you offer? Do do you get like five thousand miles on that knee replacement? How does that does that even work?
Speaker 9: So we don't have warranties on nee replacement vints. However, we stand by our work, so if you get an infection here from our surgery center, we will take care.
Speaker 5: Of it for free.
Speaker 2: We won't make you pay.
Speaker 9: If you need to come in for a washout, or if you get a hematoma or something like that, a small complication, we'll take care of you for free. But if your knee you're rejecting your knee implant, then unfortunately, yes, you would have to have another surgery. But yeah, so no warranty. However, we do stand by our infection rates and quality care, and our quality care is just as great as everyone everyone else around here. Everyone thinks, oh well, if it's cash pay, they're not following the same rules. That's actually not true. We went through the same licensing and accreditation that everyone else has gone through, and our quality care is high.
Speaker 6: So yeah, go ahead, Travis.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I've been in their operating room.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, we love smooth operator, Travis, but I don't want you operating on me.
Speaker 13: You don't because I had to have a chair ready just in case I passed out, But I for sure was in that room witness the most top notch surgeons and support team do that procedure, and I can say confidently that we would refer our patients to them.
Speaker 2: Lisa runs a tight ship and they do amazing care there.
Speaker 5: A lot of people are asking how to get a hold of Pinnacle or the Smith Medical Center. I put them both on the blog, but Pinnacle is PINNACLEAPC dot com. And I have probably fifteen super specific questions that you guys need to call and talk to Travis about because they're so highly specific that I don't want to kind of get into the weeds on the radio.
Speaker 6: But just go to Pinnacle a PC.
Speaker 5: That's Pinnacle Advanced Primary Care, PINNACLEAPC dot com. And then Lisa can be found at Smithdirectcare dot com. And if you're anything like me, you're gonna go to the website and look how much every surgery costs. That's what I did yesterday, Lisa, So now I know how much every single surgery at Smith's Direct Care is going to cost.
Speaker 6: Should I need to use your services?
Speaker 5: Guys? I love what you're doing so much, Lisa. I'm so glad you guys brought this to Colorado.
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely, and it's really fun to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: Does somebody just ask what about physical therapy services after surgery.
Speaker 9: So we do have physical therapists that we work with that can be a cash paid price or many times they'll use their insurance because it doesn't mean a lot of times when people are going direct or employers are going direct, it doesn't mean that they don't carry an insurance. It just means that they're putting them in a tighter box and so they can use their insurance afterwards after the surgery.
Speaker 5: I do have probably ten questions of this nature. Would I benefit if I have Medicare Travis? How do you deal with Medicare patients?
Speaker 13: Though with Medicare patients, they do have to sign an opt out waiver.
Speaker 2: From a DPC standpoint, right, you cannot bill.
Speaker 13: Our services back to those government programs, right, But we know there are gaps in that care. We know there are gaps in payment, so we can actually help bridge that. And then too, as people age, they need more than a seven and a half visit, so we actually find those folks are actually contracting with a DPC and us it in direct paid resources even if they're using some of those programs.
Speaker 5: So what about the somebody asks, please ask your guests what the monthly cost would compare to Blue Cross, Blue Shield. We're a family of four and pay out the nose, Travis, your prices, you can just give those for a family.
Speaker 6: What do they look like?
Speaker 13: So I would highly recommend that if you are a family that's relatively healthy, low utilizer of healthcare, I would recommend a combination of Direct Primary Care and Zion Health Share. We can cut a We can get a family premium to around six hundred dollars for the entire household with roughly three thousand out of pocket, and plus you'll add you know, one hundred or so on top of that for your DPC membership. But we know families paying upwards of seventeen hundred a month, Yeah, with fifteen thousand dollars deductibles.
Speaker 5: PINNACLEAPC dot com, Smith Directcare dot Com, Lisa Fagan, Travis Barkinstead, thank you so much for making time today and just what a great thing to be happening in Colorado.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 2: Thanks Mandy, Thanks Mandy.
Speaker 5: Thanks Lisa. And now look with cat dragon. Oh you got the tiny chair.
Speaker 10: Yeah you did this on purpose though, right, No, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't want Well, you can have the broken armchair.
Speaker 10: That's the broken armchairs chair.
Speaker 6: When I come in for Ross's show, I'm forced to sit in the tiny.
Speaker 10: Chair, which of course gives you a big advantage.
Speaker 6: Well, a lollipopkick.
Speaker 14: You know how they do that on the big TV talk shows, right, yeah, the guest. If you notice, like ter men sitting way higher, the guest is down here. That keeps him in a commanding position, you know, the strategy. That's why I'm that's.
Speaker 5: Why in your head being tall. I've never had to think about that once in my life. I've always just been intimidating.
Speaker 10: You know, if I didn't love you'a wouldn't be here.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 10: I'm here so you can humiliate me on your game.
Speaker 5: I Am not going to humiliate it. Stop it right now, stop it, just stop it. Oh man, I didn't get to the story about how men walk. And you can tell how men fight by the way they walk. A new study has shown this.
Speaker 10: I'm interested.
Speaker 6: Well it's it's it's not just about men.
Speaker 5: Walking though, because it really does show as human beings, we make judgments when we see someone moving towards us. Is that person dangerous? Is that person not? And they did a breakdown on how men walk and how they present themselves, and how some men just look like if you mess with them, they will knock you out.
Speaker 14: And every man will tell you when you walk into a room, you evaluate, You do a quick evaluation of all.
Speaker 10: The other mens.
Speaker 6: You size them up, You size them up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just a case, you got to throw it down. That's how it is.
Speaker 5: I don't think about it because again I'm just intimidating. But no, I was going to extrapolate it out to women as well. When you're walking in a city, they're women that nobody is going to mess with. I aspire to be those women when I am in a city, and then there are women who look like they are going to be victims. And it's all in how you carry yourself. It's all in your presence, in your physical being. And for someone who says, well, that's not how I am as a person, guess what.
Speaker 6: Feelings follow action.
Speaker 5: Take the action, open up, open up your chest, walk like a stone cold baller, and you'll start to feel like a stone, even if you're in the tiny chair.
Speaker 10: People people say. People say, walk tall. That's how it walk tall.
Speaker 5: When you walk into a room, you do you when you're walking on the street in a city like you know a busy street, do you make eye contact with people as you walk by?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 6: Oh, dude, I do.
Speaker 5: No, no, I I literally everybody knows I see you as they walk by me. I gotta tell you, when you're a woman, you got to think about this time. You've got to throw out a vibe that says, if you mess with me, I'm going to be the one who takes your eyeballs out.
Speaker 10: We're just pointed Chuck.
Speaker 6: Well, but he's not with me. When he's with me, I don't worry about anything. He sizes up everything.
Speaker 14: Every time he sees exactly I stand that chair. But this chair has got me quite the disadvantage.
Speaker 6: It really does.
Speaker 5: But now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of It's gone in the world. Well done, Rick lewis, well done.
Speaker 6: All right, here we go. What is our dad joke out the day? Please, Anthony, I.
Speaker 8: Am so close to becoming a billionaire. I have all the zeros now I just need a one.
Speaker 6: Yep, that is a one one point five because on the show.
Speaker 8: Where what's the word of the day?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 14: It is a.
Speaker 8: Interjection?
Speaker 6: Hey, what interjection?
Speaker 5: What is interjection?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 8: Quota quota quotes quota q.
Speaker 6: U O t h as correct quota quoting someone or something like quota.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 14: I would say the same. You're you're trying to interject something about what they said.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you would both be right if the word would suggest what it would sound like.
Speaker 5: But no, it means indeed, quota.
Speaker 6: Of course, a quota. Yes, that's what it meant.
Speaker 5: Where in the world can you find the Bloody Bay Coral Wall, a popular diving site featuring a vertical wall of coral that glues with bioluminescent organism And why Hawaii?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm gonna go where in Hawaii?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go Indian, I'm going in Dni. No, I'm going Australia. No, Maui Bloody And yeah you going Mali.
Speaker 6: Oh this is so sad.
Speaker 5: I've actually been to this before and I forgot until right now. It's in the Little Cayman Islands, soth Little Cayman and the Cayman Islands. One legend claims that Bloody Bay's name is a nod to the many pirate battles that were once fought there.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 5: Another credit is the name to It's used by nineteen century whalers who butchered their catch there.
Speaker 6: I have been there, cool time. Yes, Cayman Island, Hawaii.
Speaker 5: Uh well it's Caribbeans, so it's just a different vot. Nothing is quite like Hawaii, you know what I mean? Yes, but I love the Cayman Islands.
Speaker 10: I've never been there. Who love Hawaii? Though?
Speaker 6: If you want to go Caribbean, go to the Caymans.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, all right, for sure?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Rick Lewis Nandy Connell. What is our category?
Speaker 8: The category is and I would never ever ever choose a category that is catered towards a guest. I take a fence in that. The category is pomp and rock music.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, how convenience Yeah okay for Mandy of course, for the pomp sign it's the pop, it's the poppy.
Speaker 6: I lose. Chuck is gonna make fun of me, so I gotta win.
Speaker 8: You guys ever had a show together, it'd be called pop Rocks. Here we go this hotel, California band first game, Andy got it first, and you gave a tour the correct Okay, I forgot how the great quish Oddly female rapper Megan Pete calls herself Megan v Mandy?
Speaker 6: What is the stallion?
Speaker 10: That is correct?
Speaker 8: In twenty nineteen, this five letter wrap, an R and B artist, had the juice to be nominated for Best New Artist at the VMA's What year twenty nineteen?
Speaker 6: One word that's not helped?
Speaker 8: Letter wrap an R and B artist? Mm dated Maybe a Minnesota Viking?
Speaker 10: What Rick? Ricky? That is?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 5: Who? Who? Lizzo?
Speaker 10: Half poiso? Sure, half pint?
Speaker 6: I'm giving them twite five five?
Speaker 10: Oh wait a minute, you know who it was?
Speaker 6: I didn't in twenty nineteen as well myself a point?
Speaker 8: I gave you a negative one?
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: In twenty nineteen, Madonna performed at, but did not compete in this international song competition that I've never heard of.
Speaker 6: No, it's the European song it's Mandy. What is Eurovision?
Speaker 8: That is correct?
Speaker 10: Good one.
Speaker 8: This Jackson Brown album about Life on the Road was recorded on stage, backstage, in hotel rooms, and on a tour bus.
Speaker 6: Say this is what Chuck's gonna yell at me about?
Speaker 5: I should know this?
Speaker 10: Rick running on empty?
Speaker 8: That is correct?
Speaker 5: What is the score?
Speaker 6: One point five to three?
Speaker 8: Oh it was a respectable loss, probably respectable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh, it's over. Yeah, it's over to only five question?
Speaker 8: Of course, I mean we can go another any more minutes.
Speaker 6: Okay, you don't get going for the first three?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Fourth quarter, guy, Okay, you were down nineteen to nothing going into the like third question. You made it respectable, but you missed the field goal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 10: We're so close.
Speaker 2: That is so close.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming that Rick Lewis is going to be on KOI Sports today, otherwise you'd be napping right now.
Speaker 10: I came in here just for you, bandy. Then I'm going to drive all the way back home.
Speaker 8: No, you did not.
Speaker 10: Now I'm here for the sports show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you know what's what you guys are talking about to I'm.
Speaker 14: Sure we'll talk a little bit about the unbelievable game Sunday because I haven't had a chance to talk with the guys about that yet, and the game coming up, big game against the Cowboys coming.
Speaker 10: Up this week.
Speaker 5: I know the Cowboys are ascendant. They're not great, but they're better than I thought they were going to be this year, and they've been playing hard.
Speaker 14: They're ascending. You're right, and they have a really good offense. Their defense kind of stink.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 5: Luckily they should be able to shut us out for the first three quarters anyway.
Speaker 6: Koi Sports coming up next.