Speaker 1: You're listening to Sorry for Asking, Sorry for Asking. I'm Cold Connor and I'm Adam Ramsey. This is where we talk shop, ask questions.
Speaker 2: Tell stories, and laugh some laughs about being creators as.
Speaker 1: Well as consumers of adult content. We love watching too, we certainly do.
Speaker 2: We also discuss the impact adult films have had on us, on our guests.
Speaker 1: And on the LGBTQ community. So strap on and strap in.
Speaker 2: And here we go. Hello, Hello, welcome back to Sorry for Asking.
Speaker 1: I'm Cold Connor.
Speaker 3: I'm Adam Ramsey, Hi Adam, Hi Cole. It's just been so long, I know, my goodness. Yeah, welcome back everybody. This is our third episode of season four. Sorry for Asking. We had such a good time with the guests last time, we decided to throw someone else in the mix who we like very much, the very sexy and as I call him, a multi hyphen it mister Logan's team is day.
Speaker 1: Bring that mic a little closer to that pretty face. How you doing, Logan?
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Wet outside, It is wet outside. Yeah, this random little rainy, rainy spring day or almost spring.
Speaker 4: I guess supposed to have rain and spring though, and then we just didn't get it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that was that was very that's an accurate description. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Instead we had like a second fire season.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, yeah, a winter fire season. How fun that was. You survived. We survived, and you were You have been spending a lot of time in Big Bear lately, is that correct?
Speaker 4: Not like during the winter, because like my place rents out, okay during the winter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a property owner now, really graduated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know about that in a bit.
Speaker 1: Anytime. When did you get your place up there?
Speaker 4: I bought it two years ago. Yeah, it's coming up in two years.
Speaker 1: And you spend moss, You spend like the most of the summer.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I prefer being out there. I think I'm kind of like I'm done with my city era.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was never I was never a city person. But that's just where you go if you're a homosexual.
Speaker 1: So right, yeah, we met. We met in twenty ten. I want to say, during your New York quirdo era, how long were you living in New York.
Speaker 4: I don't actually know, because if I go back and I try and create like a chronology of like dates and stuff like that, I always feel like I'm making mistakes and I didn't keep like if I were to go and do like Instagram Digital archaeology or not Instagram, but like Facebook digital archaeology, like I could figure it out and like your you know, comb and dates some photos and that's that's not far.
Speaker 1: Off from what I did to research before this interview. Oh yeah, great Facebook archaeology. You find you've always like moved around a lot or I like.
Speaker 4: A bold move and I like trying things out and stuff, you know, and as a person who doesn't have kids and stuff, I'm kind of my only priority. So I go and I do what I think is going to be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, nice, I want to I mean, I have a few photos to share, but I want to start with a very crude one. Everyone look away if this is too much. This is the one of me and Logan in our first scene together. Yeah, look at that. I might have to cut that out for YouTube, but we'll see if you know, we can take that down. And then I'm gonna say to the microphone, all right, take it down, now, get rid of that. Wow, that was a photo, a photo that I just shared of Logan and I, I think in twenty fourteen working with Raging Stallion, Steve Kruz was our director, and I was so excited to work with you because, you know, we'd had this, you know, sometimes friendship, even across the country. We would see each other in a place that we frequented it once a year, and I was just very fascinated by your life as somebody who's like a multi creative person. But I also remember feeling at that time that your time as Logan Stevens was coming to an end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really thought that.
Speaker 1: And then now you are, like, in my opinion, a gay adult industry juggernaut. Did you at all see this coming?
Speaker 4: Not really, I didn't see any of it coming. But you know, like when we all went to school, and or if you did or didn't go to school, we were kind of given this narrative that, you know, like education was going to be the most valuable thing, that it was going to lead to these jobs and stuff. And then you get out of school and I'd be like, Okay, I've got my brain, let's go. And then you they're like, okay, well we can offer you an internship or we can offer you this, and I was like, well, I thought my brain was supposed to be valuable and they're like, well maybe someday, yeah, you know. And then and then so you're like, well, what the fuck do I do? So then and then I discovered I had a body, and they're like, oh, well right this way, sir, Like oh, why didn't you say so? Right?
Speaker 1: When did your I want to get into like your original history too, but just to kind of start off this conversation, I'm curious when your journey as Logan Stevens started.
Speaker 4: It started when I moved to New York, which okay, yeah, and I had like these little sort of like kind of novelty jobs and international development as like a recent college graduate.
Speaker 1: Is that what you studied?
Speaker 4: No, I studied anthropology, but they kind of like related and stuff. And so it was like these little nonprofit organizations that I worked for, and I was like, I just, you know, lost a job in Kenya and I was really trying to get another job out there and nothing was happening. And this was like, you know, two thousand and I guess it was two thousand and nine, so it was the beginning of that next recession or whatever. And I was there in Kenya and being like I'm young and gay and I have access by birth to the United States and all of these places where I can go be like a young, happy gay. Why am I living in Africa? Why am I living in Kenya? And so I so I wanted to I wanted to have that experience. I wanted to go like so my oats or whatever. So I kind of like thought about what my options would be in the US, and I kind of landed on the idea of New York. It sounded the most dramatic and the most fun. And so I got there and I didn't know what to do. I tried to tried to get work.
Speaker 1: There wasn't any work in that field. You mean just anything, okay.
Speaker 4: Literally anything that wasn't waiting Because I have a tendency to get fired very quickly from things like that. So I waited tables briefly for several tries.
Speaker 1: And I can't imagine that would have gone well for you. No, You're like, fuck this.
Speaker 4: No, I have a low I have a low tolerance for discomfort, and I have no filter.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. So you started in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: Pretty much like right off the bat. I landed in New York, and I didn't know what to do. And then I was like somebody had offered me to stay in their place for free, like they had an extra room. And he happened to be like a photo editor or maybe a video editor or something for Lucas and some other sites or something, and he was like, well, you should probably consider doing this, and I thought, oh, that's terrifying. Maybe I should try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you started in video work with studios before or after you kind of dabbled. If you don't mind me talking about private intimate work.
Speaker 4: I can't remember which came first. Okay, Honestly, I think they just happened at the same time.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember that boy when you were in l A and it was before I did anything. I was I was a personal trainer and I we were like a grinder hook up.
Speaker 1: I came over.
Speaker 2: And it was like just when the blue page was starting to gain some traction, okay, and it was it was definitely the very very Yeah, you hadn't done it yet because you brought you were like, we started talking about like some photos that I some of your photography that I saw around your apartment, and you.
Speaker 1: Were like, yeah, no, he's like I used to do porn.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should start one of those spicy pages and I was like, well, I mean like, you're definitely equipped for it.
Speaker 1: Whatever do you mean, Cole, I don't want to be crass. I mean, so do we have you to thank for the rebirth of Logan Stevens.
Speaker 4: It's actually full time. Poppy was the one really was was the one that tip the scales?
Speaker 1: And is that diego? Okay? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was my neighbor and we hooked up a couple times, and one time he was like, oh, can we do a video? And I was like, well, all my shit's already out there, so sure, why not? And then he was like you should really do this and I was like, no, I think I'm done with that.
Speaker 1: What year was that? Do you remember?
Speaker 4: This would have been twenty eighteen?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: Because I had just moved to West Hollywood from that sort of like silver lakish place that I had.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, okay, so it was twenty fourteen. We filmed that scene with Raging Stallion, and I remember having this very thoughtful conversation with you where I kind of was like, you know, I had only been doing this for about a year, and I had never done sex work, and I think you know you you were kind of I was looking to you for a little bit of guidance because I was very very careful then and still kind of am now to make sure that sex never felt like work, right, super important. Yeah, you you were very much like an advocate for that way of thinking. When did you stop doing that stuff? And what did you do in the interim?
Speaker 4: Like, oh, you mean like when I when I had my porn hiatus?
Speaker 1: Yes, whatever, Yeah, Like how long did that last? And what did it look like?
Speaker 4: I guess it lasted maybe like four or five years, and it was there was there was overlap with this other, like you know, brief career that I had as a costume designer in Hollywood working for like TV shows and commercials and things.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: You know, that career was really picking up a lot of steam, and I was quite good at it. So I wanted to put a lot of like energy and time towards that because I thought that was like the time, I thought it was a more sustainable thing than doing any kind of like sex work and stuff. So so I put all my effort into that and then quickly realized I was going to burn out way faster on that than anything.
Speaker 1: Is that what happened? It felt a little bit like you were burning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's it's absolutely insane the sort of demands that get placed on you in the world of like television production and stuff. The demands are really high, you know, Like there were certain projects where I would I would get a job and I would have basically seventy two hours to create like a six foot mustache dress, and I would have to stress the materials. I would have to do all this stuff, and you know, I would spend a day sourcing the materials, and then I would pull together the team that was necessary to create the thing, and then I would have, you know, less than a day and a half to actually do all the construction in that sort of a thing. And I would work for thirty hours straight and then I would get two or three hours of sleep, and then I'd have to be at a fitting at a celebrities house wow for like a couple hours, and then I would get a few more hours sleep, and then I would have to be on set for fourteen hours.
Speaker 1: Who was that mustache dress for that?
Speaker 4: It was worn by Anna Faris for one of those like Hey, come visit California commercials where all the right.
Speaker 1: Yes, right.
Speaker 4: I keep referencing that one because that was probably one of the most dramatic jobs that I ever had, and it got me a lot of attention. Yeah, because it was quite a construction feat like that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was probably like thirty six.
Speaker 4: Cans of aquinet and like multiple layers of Like wow, if I had like a like a construction absolute triumph, it was that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did they even find you? Like I I'm always so always word of mouth, okay.
Speaker 4: And like you know, TV kind of works. There's like production families that people always work with the same people and stuff like that because they're comfortable with each other and they have like an established working relationship and so you know, I would sort of get shared between different production families that had relationships with each other.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Passed around costume because this may have been more of a passion project of yours, but I was really really excited for the time being. I don't know if this is something you love doing, but can you throw up some of those slamin scram photos. This was like an era of yours, Like these were so much fun. Like for those of you listening Logan was designing for this clothing line that he had created with a friend of ours named James Serni who I guess, I mean people know now is another name. But anyway, but look at these Gep Ransom, sorry sorry, but like these are these? I feel like every drag race girl would like kill for work like this. What was it like creating this? And do you miss it at all?
Speaker 4: No? I don't miss it at all, not in the least. If I never sat down at a sewing machine again, I'm perfectly happy. Yeah, it was fun. I this was because when I first moved to New York, I met all of these like, yeah, that's right. I had all of these young like queers that were doing, you know, going to really cool parties and wearing really cool things. And I, you know, I came from the Midwest and I had never seen like anything besides like the T shirt and jeans, combo and stuff. So this was just like absolutely blowing my mind. And everybody was making their own clothes and stuff, and I've found that really inspiring. So I got myself. Actually, well there's a lot more to the story, but that's just too many chapters.
Speaker 1: I got myself.
Speaker 4: I got myself a sewing machine and started making things, and they were really terrible, but I was brave enough to wear them out regardless, and I just like slowly got better and better and better. And I think the thing that was really exciting for me about it was like learning a new skill. And then so once it became a job and a career and all that kind of stuff, and once once you know, I was getting jobs, and it no longer felt like I was discovering something in the process. It just became work and it was all about like how much time do I have to do this and how much am I getting paid? And like does this feel worth whatever sacrifice I have to make to do it? And it ultimately was not, And like my mental health was suffering. I was definitely developing like an unhealthy habit with like cocaine and alcohol and stuff. And so I kind of took a look around at my colleagues that were like further along in their career than I was, and the forecast was grim. Like it wasn't like people were getting that much better jobs than the ones that I were getting. They were just getting more of it. And I didn't want to sort of like sell my entire life to work.
Speaker 1: When you say the forecast was grim, do you mean in terms of having a future and was happy? Oh?
Speaker 4: Like, I want to look around and I want to see the people who were farther along in their career being like happy and having a life that I that I wanted, and I didn't want any of their lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So then when you decided to stop that is that when Logan Stevens kind of had his comeback.
Speaker 4: Almost No. At that point, I had a friend who had just gotten trained as a massage therapist, and I knew if I just added in like a hand job to that, I could make twice as much.
Speaker 1: So, huh.
Speaker 4: I got that friend to train me how to do massages, and then I hired a few other friends who knew how to do it to train me, you know, to like give me a massage and give me a lesson and stuff. And then so from this combination of like different people than I kind of put together my own routine based off of the things that I thought were the things that I liked the best. And then I just I started doing like massages for a number of years, and that was just kind of like a placeholder until I could figure out what I felt inspired to do.
Speaker 1: You do have very strong hands, I will say from experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh and then and then only fans came along, and I didn't expect that at all. Wait, I'm not supposed to say that you're saying blue blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, Like, I guess we'll see. I don't know. That's I mean, we've said it before, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like the sites came along, yeah, and kind of changed everything.
Speaker 3: Sorry, YouTube, don't don't cut us out. We only just mentioned it. We're not promoting it.
Speaker 1: Was it a quick rise in like the response you got when the when.
Speaker 4: The pandemic hit, that's when that's when everything exploded, of course. And I feel very lucky to have been like in this sort of unique position, to have been one of the few people that was already doing it and primed for the explosions. So I just kind of rode the wave.
Speaker 1: Up, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always feel like like because I started kind of as the pandemic was calming down and so like, and then I started doing studio work, and I feel like the people that had done studio work before saw a rise and stayed there where I think some people that started after the pandemic see a rise in a quick drop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a little bit what mine was like. And I've just been doing that for so long, and like, you know, my relationship with adult work has always been kind of tenuous. But I started doing the Blue the Blue site, I want to say, in like twenty seventeen, okay, and it was it was fun. It was fun to be like, oh this extra cash. How nice it was. I mean anything, we could do anything. It was so cool. I had all kinds of stuff, didn't tag people. It was you know, outside inside. And then yeah, the whole pandemic thing. You know, we call a lot of people pandemic porn stars because like that's like a lot of times where their careers started.
Speaker 4: Well, this is this is this moment where the world really taught us what they actually well, I mean, I think the world is teaching me my whole life what they actually value. There's what the world there's what the world says that they value, is what the world actually values. And I've learned to just follow what the world actually values because it's a far I'm not going to say it's an easier route because we can talk about all of the all of the ways that the world likes to make that path very difficult.
Speaker 1: But especially for us, Yeah, especially for US sure industry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from you know, community stigma to censorship to like you name it. I call it a fugitive industry because you're always getting chased around the Internet and having to hide in corners to try and make this stuff work. Because there's an ever changing landscape of like little tiny legislations that don't trigger any public interests whatsoever, but have a huge impact on how our business works, on our ability to promote what we do, tiny tiny little laws that nobody would ever notice except for like a few niche people out there, you know, but protesting and sending letters to a congress person and who never get read. And right, Yeah, it's really kind of it's it's it's intense.
Speaker 1: And the odds are stacked against us. I mean for our listeners. You probably don't know. And we've mentioned in the past before, but like they change these laws on these sites as well, so like so like we are constantly learning more things that we can't do for a risk of losing our income stream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll just they'll just kick you off the platform with no warning whatsoever, and they don't even they don't even tell you when they change the rules of the site too. So if you aren't, if you aren't going and reading the terms and conditions on like almost a bi weekly basis.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like yeah, which how many of us do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could all of a sudden learn that you've been like violating the rules and it doesn't matter if you posted the content, they'll take you down. And then, like the entire site is just run by like algorithms and bots and things like that. There's actually no customer service whatsoever. So if you email them and you're like I have a problem, they're like, thank you for contacting cost service, Like, we are very concerned about your issue, Please refer to the rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, It's always like her name is Rachel Rachel. Rachel is an acronym for some actually that delivers fucking Rachel.
Speaker 4: I saw Rachel cause an accident the other day, which is really funny because it was actually a tesla that then slammed into Damn.
Speaker 1: We're going to continue this and but first we're going to start getting into some background. Before we do that, I just want to take one second to give our sponsor a moment, we're gonna get back into some pop star. Yeah, pop starks go, We're gonna have a little moment. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: As performers in the adult industry, we get asked all the time about tips on how to perform like a porn star and.
Speaker 1: What says porn star more than a big load? Right?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Introducing pop Star, the only doctor formulated men's health supplement that is guaranteed to up your porn star game. This bad boy will make your comtaste pineapple sweet.
Speaker 1: But we're not just talking about taste here. Popstar is also formulated to give you massive loads that make your orgasms feel volcanic.
Speaker 2: Designed by Ivy League trained doctors, Popstar contains only the highest quality ingredients and is backed by scientific research to maximize your bedroom experience even better.
Speaker 1: It's vegan, non GMO, and safe to take every day.
Speaker 2: So why wait? Get your hands on Popstar today. Visit Popstar Labs.
Speaker 1: Dot com and save twenty percent on your first order with code Sorry twenty Popstar, Big loads, better taste, And we're back. And we're back. We're here with Logan Stevens and mister Stevens I want to talk a little bit about like where you're from. Where are you from? Tell us a little bit about your background.
Speaker 4: Just I grew up in like a little tiny like Norman Rockwell country town in.
Speaker 1: Wisconsin, Wisconsin, Norman Rockwell. I feel like that is a reference we don't use as much anymore. Is that like super Americana.
Speaker 4: Super Americana, you would always have those. It's like, you know, little happy white children and small towns with like a barber who knows everybody's name, like a ice cream parlor and stuff. And we had all of that, Like our barber had one of those like candy cane.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, of course.
Speaker 4: There was a gazebo in the town center. There was like a farmer's market with the farmers from our town. And there was an ice cream parlor. Yeah, like all that.
Speaker 1: Stuff traveling down mainstream main Street.
Speaker 4: Sorry that it was all about football. It was all about and then like you know, deer hunting season was like a really big thing. Like kids, like half of my class would disappear for at least a week at a time during deer hunting season. Yeah I did with a bow.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's really cool.
Speaker 4: Well, there's there's there's bow hunting season and like gun hunting season, so it was like a difference in time and stuff too. And wow, I felt much more comfortable with a bow than I did with with a gun.
Speaker 1: Bows are way more badass. I'm not condoning hunting at all, but.
Speaker 4: There's there's no reason. There's no reason not to. I mean there's yeah, there's no reason to be a hunting it's like way better than than anything else. And like you're you're being selective about first of all, the animal has you know, lived in nature as opposed to some factory farm or cowschwitz as you're going up the five fair, you know, so it's a it's a far more responsible source of food first of all. And then also you're like you're eating the whole animal, like we did.
Speaker 1: So you hunted for food for like your wreck room wall or some crap.
Speaker 4: No, okay, I was never aware of any you know, like growing up, everyone was hunting for food. Not everyone had giant freezers in their garage that were specifically for all of the meat that they hunted. And you know, some of these families that would like not have to buy beef from the grocery store for like six months because the deer that they killed during the hunting season would last them, you know, half the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So it was more like a piece of the culture more than it was like a.
Speaker 1: Like a recreation thing. Oh, I see it, Okay, it was.
Speaker 4: It was recreational. I'm sure it's saved families lots of money, and I'm sure it was also. Yeah, it was just woven into like the culture of where I grew up.
Speaker 1: Can I ask if your experience as a child and teenager in a town like that was that Do you recall that like from a fond perspective?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I had I didn't really have any friends. I mean, I guess if you asked me now, I probably would say that I like missed out and having friends. But I had like a really rich childhood that was kind of spent by myself in the woods, like kind of communing with nature. And I was very like obsessed with all things nature, and I didn't really care about other people, so as long as I had a process too.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: I think that comes across in your content, the nature part, not the next caring about people. I like, because you definitely have this natural aesthetic for nature and outdoors these stuff.
Speaker 1: Was that something you thought about? Is it intentional?
Speaker 4: It's intentional. But the way I like to work is I don't like to feel like I'm working. I like to trick myself into so all of the things that I like, I try to fold it into my works so that none of it feels like I'm actually working. Rather the administrative stuff that's really that's fucking working for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I mean editing, posting.
Speaker 4: Editing, posting, caption writing, all of those things, and I just, yeah, filling out job forms if like, if there is a hell, it's me waiting in line to fill out like a like a form like an on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was getting out of that town something that you were like excited to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: I mean where was Like I grew up in my bedroom. People are like, oh, didn't you watch cartoons and stuff? I watched nature programs as a kid, and like there were probably twenty years worth of National geographic magazines on one bookshelf in my room, and like my fantasies as a kid, we're all about being like a National geographic photographer, like traveling around the world, and having this very like Indiana Jones kind of life. There was like a whole world waiting for me out there, and I couldn't wait to get at it. It wasn't this like you know, there's a lot of narratives and movies and stuff like small town kids, like we're going to escape this someday. I just knew. I was just waiting for like my moment to like where the door open and I could walk out.
Speaker 1: And when was that moment? And where did you get.
Speaker 4: When I graduated from high school and then went off.
Speaker 1: To college, which was where.
Speaker 4: It's just a small liberal arts school, nice liberal arts school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like in Wisconsin. No, oh yeah, okay, oh right.
Speaker 4: I don't mention specifics. I don't share. I don't like people like dropping names of schools and things.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's fine, such a yeah, that's that's guess, totally fine. State. I just I think it just like, no, that's fine, that's fine. That sound sounds like that that detail does not matter, which is totally fine.
Speaker 4: It doesn't. It doesn't matter. People like to like it's like a dick measuring content.
Speaker 1: No, that's not why I'm asking. The reason I'm asking is because I want to know, and you don't have to tell us the location or what school it was. It was more about the experience you gained as you became an adult, like especially because I want to get into also.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean what I could tell you is that, like the school was like very very heavily focused on having a really diverse education, and it was really focused on on like international stuff. So, like I think it was like eighty percent of the student body studied abroad at least once during their time, Okay, And it was one of these schools where it had the highest number of graduates going on to do PhDs and stuff like that. So it was like a very very earthy, academic, engaging, multidisciplinary kind of an atmosphere. And so as part of that, I studied abroad twice while I was in college.
Speaker 1: Were those kind of formative times for you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, No, I was.
Speaker 4: It was the beginning of my Indiana Jones fantasy. You know. I worked on an archaeology excavation in northern Chile, and then I studied abroad in India, and then as a result of that, directly after I graduated, I got a fellowship with the US Department of state. Okay, that then pay me to go back to India to spend you know, the remainder of a year learning Hindi.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, so that precipitated all of this, Like it kicked off that fantasy that I had.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I got to live it for a little while, just to bring it back to kind of like the work we do and like the topic of this podcast, I'm curious during this time, this is kind of a two part question. We like to talk a lot about just our history as young boys who consumed porn and became sexual adults ourselves that led to our decision to get into porn, Like were you sexually active when you were in your small town or Okay, no, did you know you were gay?
Speaker 4: Not really, there wasn't. I mean I was experiencing same sex attraction for sure, but I didn't really have like a frame for understanding it. And I feel like at the time, the only representations there was like one kid in my school who was like eccentric and flamboyant, and it was just sort of like known that he was gay. And then there were like the TV shows at the time, and all of those representations were like a very specific thing, and I got this impression from those those things that I was exposed to that like, being gay was almost another gender, and it was it was like a presentation that I didn't identify with. It didn't feel like me. So I was like, well, I'm not that, So so I didn't I didn't understand that what I was experiencing was homosexuality.
Speaker 2: Did you ever feel like there was a time where, like a first time where you felt represented And.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I when I got to when I got to college, and there was this one guy that I was hanging out with and we would smoke weed together and stuff like that, and then it was like months into us hanging out, he came out to me, and I was like shocked.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, I make gay people like that, oh, because he presented kind of masculine like or standard.
Speaker 4: And let's let's not get it twisted. I'm not I'm not like stuck on adhering to one presentation or another. But there wasn't anything at the time that felt like me that I, you know, could identify with, and so I felt sort of lost, and there wasn't wasn't a point to hold onto for me to say like, oh, like my identity makes sense, or like where do I form my identity because I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know what was going on. What was your first like exposure to pornography?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I would find that on the little dial up computer on the desktop, and I was like, you know, at home, Oh yeah, I don't know, yeah, And I would find the sites like there was one called like Adam and Steve dot com or something like that, and then also like old herb Ritz photos and stuff that would be on some like nude website that would feature I don't know, so there would be like herb Ritz photos that I would print out on the on the printer and then I would hide them behind my bed.
Speaker 1: I did that very same thing. Yea, yeah, yeah, I think we all did. I think we're all kind of in the same age. Oh yeah, for sure, Bracket, So our exposure was very similar. It sounds like you knew at the time, even at that age whenever that was when you were home, that it was gay stuff you were into, not necessarily stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, but you know, I had girlfriends in high school, and I did have sex in high school with females. But I feel like when you're at that age, anything turns you on. So because you haven't experienced like all of the options, this is what your body responds to, responds to touch and attention and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting though that even what you're saying, like you probably didn't do the math at the time that like, while you were engaging physically with girls, what you were sought out on the computer was very much man on man ax. Yeah, no, I.
Speaker 4: Think I was choosing not to examine it, of course. Yeah, I was very I was very I was sticking my head in the sand totally and consuming what I needed to just kind of hold things, hold things in place, which I think probably describes like all of Utah and aerors and you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, I have a couple fun photos of like you kind of like playing with looks back in the day, like, well, I feel like this is really fun. This is logan and in some kind of breastplate situation, Well.
Speaker 4: We made fault line would hire would hire me to go go dance me in my ex at the time, and we just love to like fuck around with the idea of go go dancing, And boy the patrons hated these outfits. We oh they absolutely hated them. But I made these. I made these. I made these, uh sort of like nude mesh spandex leotards that had like a like a separate sort of like breastplate that you could then put a water balloon on the inside.
Speaker 1: Is that that is the water.
Speaker 4: They're full of water too, and we just us like regular regular balloons too. And then we would use like safety pins to like poke holes in them because like somehow for the reason why they're like encased in the nude mesh or whatever, they don't burst. They just like like a hole burst. And so then we were like showering. But they had a lot of move they would bounce it.
Speaker 1: They looked very bouncy.
Speaker 4: They were really bouncy.
Speaker 1: Did you make this lobster?
Speaker 4: Make bits of it? But I can't really take full credit for it. It's not my design. But to construct a great deal of.
Speaker 1: It, I mean that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Those were like when I worked with Harwood Lee and he was making all those things for Mario's parties. Okay, it was like a full frontal disco.
Speaker 1: Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Yeah, for those of you who don't know, Mario Diaz used to throw a party called full Frontal Disco, where the go go boys were not necessarily like doing go go moves. They were more like art installations. Yeah, they would pose and they would be like outfits like this where in this case it's a lobster with the boat top. The point I was making and I was really hoping we could find that other photo just because that was the you that I met where I feel like you you knew kind of how to like blend this like masculine but sort of gender. Fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I played with gender for a while, probably probably because as gender had been a thing that constrained me and was preventing me from like discovering my identity. So I think I think we have to I think we have to play with gender. You know. I've often thought that there's sort of like two maybe maybe for our generation, there's like two camps of gay men, and it's those who masculinity was forced upon and those masculinity was denied too, and it and it's like very much a matter of like, you know, it's it's the it's the parents being like you're not man enough, you need to man up, or somebody being like you're never going to be a man.
Speaker 1: Ah, okay, okay, interesting.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. So, so in both of those cases, masculinity gets weaponized against some kid and gets weaponized against their identity, and then they grow up to either. You know, I think that then that sort of like explains these the mask and the fem camps that used to be in such conflict like when we were young guys and stuff, and I think that they end up hating whatever the point of trauma that that the other represents.
Speaker 1: You know, do you find that you were in one of those categories?
Speaker 4: I mean, I've naturally felt masculine. I don't need it to be that way, and I enjoyed playing around with it, especially to you know, discover the boundaries of my own masculinity and what it looks like in the shape of it and the color of it and all that kind of stuff. But did I feel one way or another about other people who were presenting one way or another?
Speaker 1: Probably? Probably, I mean, we do.
Speaker 4: I don't really remember what my thoughts were about it. I think, you know, it's been quite a long time, but yeah, you know, it would have been impossible for me not to have had some sort of built in some sort of judgment some sort of judgments, a lot of effort and thought, and maybe not overtly this effort and thought was placed on it, but instructing all of these like preconceived notions that I had about the world, I mean, I guess it continues today. I'm constantly trying to basically everything wherever taught is wrong and so trying to figure out what your truth is in this world where everything is lies? Is this like ongoing task for your entire life? And the first things that I needed to deconstruct were like identity, gender, sexuality, all that kind of stuff to be able to define my own space where I lived.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was absolutely part of it.
Speaker 4: And so the masculinity or the sort of like the Marlboromance style masculinity was in there with other things. And then the you know, like glitter and sparkles and things like that are just like a highlighter or something, you know, it's different.
Speaker 1: I love the blending of mask and femine. I think I always have. And I think that may also come from the fact that I think I was in the former category that you mentioned. I think I was very much a gay kid, and I had like some forces around me that will be like, you need to be a little more masculine in our community. Yeah, I found that like kind of playing up my gay side made me sort of edgy when I was a teenager.
Speaker 4: You grew up in California.
Speaker 1: That could be the reason why. I mean, I wasn't a small community. But I do also like my judgment came not in the form of me judging people who were feminine, but rather when people told me that. For example, like I would have never guessed you were gay at that time. I would have been like, oh, yeah, so proud of myself for that's been.
Speaker 4: Such a big boy. Yeah, it's still very much that, and the gay community still very much prizes heterosexual masculinity over homosexual masculinity. It's like you think, oh god, yeah, let's just put it this way, okay. In terms of like the fan sites and stuff like that, gay men will simp for the straight male creators for sure, nothing.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 4: And and as a gay male creator for the gay male audience, if I were to try and pull the stuff that they pull, I would they'd be like, you're a bitch, You're a stuck up bitch.
Speaker 1: Get stuff.
Speaker 4: Just like the barely offering tiny little snippets of nudity and like the gay for pay guys or whatever, they barely do anything, and they make tons of money off of this. And that's because gay men are so desperate for to consume this straight male masculinity because they think that it's the that absolute pinnacle, which I find really ridiculous because to me, it's the most fragile that there is, Like the color pink can shatter, can shatter straight male.
Speaker 2: Also, rejection from someone like that doesn't mean anything to like on them. Sure, it's the rejection from someone that is gay. That's like, oh that's a straight guy. Of course he's not going to be end to me or of course he's not going to respond to me or whatever.
Speaker 1: He's straight. Yeah, But that's what makes the whole pick me culture of it all so really obnoxious. I mean for me, it's like, what is.
Speaker 4: What is pick me culture? I keep seeing this, but I like don't actually.
Speaker 1: Know what it's simply shit. It's like what when when like a like a gay consumer of a gay for pay guy would be like, oh my god, amazing, no matter like no matter what, like you know, and if and if they talk shit about someone hating on them, they'd be like, well, fuck them, because you're amazing. You're the best. Like to me, pick me culture is what got Trump the presidency. It's like you know what I mean, It's it's like the very Republican notion of like, well, I'm going to get a pat on the back if I like Trump. That's what pick me culture is. But anyway, we're getting a little off topic. The reason why I'm even bringing a lot of this up is because and you you kind of answered a lot of my questions, but I feel like your aesthetic has very much veered toward the the masculine, and we see it in a lot of your work.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 1: We don't see a lot of the sparkly Logan Stevens. We used to know, do we That was like an era?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was an era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just doesn't feel like me anymore. Also, it just so much effort to make this so much, so much work. And also like those are things that sort of like you can't really like weave that into your day to day, especially if you're not going out to clubs and things. And I just like you could not you could not pay me enough money to go into a club or a bar these days.
Speaker 1: Sure, oh god. Yeah. There was also an era that I kind of am curious about as well, when you played violin, Like that was one of the first things. It still exists, Like, Okay, first of all, this is you.
Speaker 4: It's me at my brother's wedding.
Speaker 1: That is a very. Yeah, that's you in a suit versus this other picture, which is you in a Look. What did you make this look?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh yeah, that's not a great one.
Speaker 1: I think you look great. I'm sure you have different experience.
Speaker 4: Also, like when I had just gotten back from Berlin and I got a haircut in Berlin.
Speaker 1: Oh, it looks like a very.
Speaker 4: I was like, do something asymmetrical?
Speaker 1: When did you become a violinist?
Speaker 4: That started like when I was like six or seven?
Speaker 1: When I was six, Yeah, did you? Was that ever something you did as a career or like something you were paid to do or no?
Speaker 4: Not really. I did initially sort of go to school with that in mind and very quickly realized it was not going to work out for me, especially when I had to start taking music theory classes and the professor would be like, Okay, we're going to have to slow down for mister Cooper's because he's just not getting it. Oh wow, yeah, boy, music theory did not resonate with me whatsoever.
Speaker 1: It's the same with me, like I'm also a musician, but I've mostly played with my ear. And we just had Emil Jamison on the program, who is a piano teacher, so every once in a while to brush up, he'll sit with me and he'll try to explain theory.
Speaker 4: He seems very theory.
Speaker 1: He's very theory based, and he and I kind of asked, I'm like, do you teach all your students this way? Because it's not going to work because every time we talk about it, I'm like following him for part of it and I could just see the words starts shumbling into each other. It's so much math, it's not for me. Before we wrap up, there is a topic that we haven't talked about on this podcast a lot, and I feel like mister Stevens would be a great person to discuss this with. Probably he's probably a good person to discuss anything.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Like I said, multi multi hyphen it like he's got he's lived many lives, he's a thinker, he's a creative and he's killing it at this job. But you have dated a few people and our currently yeah. Yeah. We talk about this on the podcast a lot because we have learned that a lot of people experience dating within the industry as well as outside of the industry, and how both have their challenges but also their you know, their pros as well. What has it been like for you as someone who is success full in this industry, who is romantically entangled with someone outside of the industry versus someone who is also working in the industry.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's the question.
Speaker 1: Okay, please help me. I don't know, ask a better.
Speaker 4: One if I were going to talk about, like what the whole dating thing is like for doing this sort of work, cause it used to be I felt like, I think I said this on this the Sloppy podcast that like people are always asking this question like, oh, but doesn't this make dating so hard?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes?
Speaker 4: And I think I would you know, like you could have seen my answer on that one that I get sort of defensive and be like, well, dating is hard no matter what, So like, why would why would you make all of your decisions based upon like this prospect of like dating and stuff? How ridiculous. It does make dating extremely difficult. But I also sort of feel like there's a certain kind of like a filtering device and built into.
Speaker 1: This thing exactly.
Speaker 4: And if you're doing porn, it's because you wanted to, like you always wanted to, and whether you admit it or not, like you like it. It's not something that you just casually stumble into and then like oops, I can't get out. I mean, I suppose for some people maybe, but like no.
Speaker 2: I've certainly seen that some people now with the fans, I mean, I don't think with doing like studio work, it's something.
Speaker 1: That you see I kind of stumble into.
Speaker 2: There's a few steps along the way that like you can you can pull yourself out.
Speaker 4: I feel like for a lot of people who struggle with it, I think there's an internal conflict that they haven't resolved. And I think that the piece of the conflict that isn't resolving for them is the internalized judgment and shame and like societal friction that they're allowing to occupy too much space in their head and that clouds their entire experience of doing this work. Whereas I think you can have like a much more joyful experience if you got all of that shit out of your head and just enjoyed it for like the piece of the of the life that gives you the freedom the and like sex is amazing if you and learn how to like enjoy the sex through this process and stuff. As I was saying, it's like really important too. But getting back to the topic, I had a significant amount of loneliness from doing this work and sort of the way in which it would put me at odds with like the general community and the dating pool and stuff like that. And you know, like when you do this work, like everybody wants to fuck you, but nobody really takes you seriously as like a person. Sure, even if they have some sort of a concept of you being like a well rounded person or an interesting person, this that or the other thing, they just don't take you seriously. It's not like, you know, I think in the back of their mind they're like, home, am I going to introduce this person to Mom? Like how am I going to explain this? Blah blah blah. And I was like just fucking like, don't worry about what Mom thinks, you know, Like are you going to live your whole life? To like meet the expectations.
Speaker 1: Of just come on, well, I mean it's all really what shame is? You know. I had a couple family members kind of be like, well, how do I explain this to people? And to me, I was always like, well, listen, if you treat it like something that you're ashamed of, ye, people will shame you for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You you you. You frame the narrative by how you having their exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You set the parameters for like what you know and like it. I've also said like, if you're not ashamed of something, you take the fun out of the judgment.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, exactly. Yeah that they're not Yeah, they're not ashamed of yeah. I guess the context for why we like talking about this is because there has been multiple experiences that people have had, for example, dating someone who is more successful than you, dating someone who has never been in the industry and has judgment about it but really is curious about getting into it themselves, or in like a case we've talked about with you, dating someone who's completely out of the industry and says they're okay with it, but eventually kind of be like, well, you know, here, I am waiting to hang out with you, but you've spent the last week fucking all these people on camera or you know, so like you, if you don't mind my saying your current situation, you're with someone who was not in the industry, Yeah, not really but joined it, but joined in once spending time with you. Yes, So what's that been like for you guys?
Speaker 4: Well, this has been almost universally a positive experience for both of us.
Speaker 1: Nice. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually, like his entry into it has sort of like revitalized my interest in it. Like I would say, like if you asked me a year ago, I was really beginning to try and like plot my exit because I was beginning to feel like things were stagnating a little bit. I wasn't like feeling a lot of inspiration and stuff. But his excitement I get to sort of like live vicariously through his excitement, and that sort of like revitalizes my work and all that kind of stuff. And also just like his outside perspective on it, you know, because he came into this from being like a like a well known reality TV producer, Yeah, with some very very successful shows, and he chose to set fire to all of that in order to chase this and it was because he saw how my life was and the amount of freedom that I had and you know, like what I've been able to do with it financially and all that kind of stuff, and was like, what the hell am I like doing this shit for?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: You know? And the television industry is brutal, no matter how glamorous it can be. From like, you know, it's been great, and I think that this is mostly because there isn't any shame here. The the communication that we have is unlike anything I've ever experienced before. It's like the most clear and open and like, I don't think I've ever been this honest in my life. Like, I don't think it's even it's even like a situation where I'm examining things and experiences that I haven't really had to because I haven't had to like reflect to another person before. But yeah, it's sort of interesting because I find myself like describing in minute detail emotional experiences that I'm having I would have completely ignored before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, that's so cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't I've never been He's just.
Speaker 1: Such a nice Yeah, really really fantastic. I could see him like treating this industry with almost like this puppy dog energy that he has, Like read's just very Yeah, he gets excited, and I mean it's still.
Speaker 4: It still has its like moments of you know, leaving you feeling inadequate. You have to wrestle with like comparison anxiety and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that sometimes?
Speaker 4: Oh God, yeah, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I would never guess that from what I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe I present a pretty stoic front or whatever, but there are like, no, I struggle with it too. Yeah, there's absolutely you know, if you can't get the attention of another creator that you'd really like to work with or something, and then you like.
Speaker 1: Something must be wrong with me or like totally.
Speaker 4: My body's changed in the last year. That's probably the explanation for all that I'm experiencing now, or like you know, the subscribers are down, it's probably something wrong with me, right, Like, it's so easy to blame yourself first and foremost for anything that's going on, and you know, you're you're sort of in this by yourself, and so there's not a lot of like external information to explain why something is happening this that or the other thing. You pretty much only have yourself to reflect on. So it can be if you don't have a really like strong solid sense of yourself that those voices get really loud.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, yep, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that that probably is one of the things that is maybe the most damaging about this entire thing, is the voice that you put on yourself. Yes, and I've seen that tear people apart.
Speaker 1: We talk about this at self judgment. I've seen it bring grown ass men.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm friends with like some of the most beautiful men on the planet, and they're the ones that are like constantly they're like, oh my god, my body's terrible, this that, or like some of them won't leave the house for weeks if they don't think that they look their best or it's insane, and like from anybody else's perspective, they'd be like, these are the most beautiful men on the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, Well, you've done something really amazing with your logan Stevens come back. Is there anything and then your future that you're very excited about.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Well, I mean sure, I may or may not have I think I'm like ninety nine percent sure on this. I think I'm selling my house and I think we're leaving the country.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know, exciting thing. Yeah, but as you've discussed with me before, like ownership in this state is like not an easy thing to.
Speaker 4: Do, okay, But also, mortgages are such a fucking scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a scam.
Speaker 4: Like if I ride this entire mortgage out, I will pay for that house three times. Two of it goes to the bank and one goes to the principle. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've seen that before.
Speaker 4: And that's and that's insane. And so I'm like, you know, I did all the things where I built the financial base, and I got the perfect credit score, and I got the mortgage and all that kind of stuff, and then realize that all of it is this entire system designed to create this like cyclical like need situation. And if I pick everything apart and see like what I'm actually getting out of this versus what I'm spending on it, it's a insane and my my arm is all the way up the ass of capitalism now, and then that ties me to the fate of the state. And you know, like like fascism was not in my plans for the future.
Speaker 1: How do we do now right.
Speaker 4: Like uh, and and even and even if things do pan out in like like let's say we replaced Trump with something else. The alternative was what put us in this situation in the first place by being fucking useless, that they don't do anything that they sold us out to, like all these corporations and stuff. Anyhow, So like why am I here? Why am I here? And I can't do anything about it?
Speaker 1: Right? Well, you can sell your house and and get out.
Speaker 4: I think that that feels like my only option goes. I know, I'm learning how to get excited about this idea because I'm really I'm a little bit heartbroken at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: On that note, we got to wrap up. Thank you so much for joining us. I hope this was fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I love talking to you, and best of luck find Logan Stevens. You guys, you won't be disappointing it.
Speaker 4: Oh please do?
Speaker 1: I sure have wasn't anyway, That's it for me, Connor, I'm Adam Ramsey. This has been sorry for asking. Goodbye bye. This has been sorry for asking.
Speaker 2: Be sure to like, comment and subscribe, and until next time, stay sexy.