Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And also YouTube at mister O'Kelly, it's Later with mo Kelly. Let's find out what's up with Nick polyo'keanny, friend of the show, Troublemaker, Rabble Rouser, Vagabond.
Speaker 3: I appreciate all those titles coming after Christians. It's already warm. I love it. How are you see?
Speaker 4: It's good to be seen and I love it literally being seen as you can join us, mister mo kelly on YouTube. Epic, absolutely epic, and it's so much fun because I get to watch you guys from home.
Speaker 3: You actually watch us.
Speaker 4: I do because when I got leg go by iHeartRadio, I deleted the app from my phone, so I caught you in podcasts. But now I got an amazing way to see you all right and be a part of the show. So anyway, today, if you follow me on social media, speaking of which, Nick polio'keanney in this Weekome with Nick, I was actually at the sixtieth Annual getting a little preview of the sixtieth annual showcase House of Design here or over in Pasady. So if you're joining us on YouTube. I'm going to do a little bit of show and tell kind of with you.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 4: And so what it is is a home that showcases incredible designers from around the Southland. And it is going to be in Pasadena, which it has been in Pasadena or South past or San Marino many many times. But what it is is a huge fundraising event. And so it's one of those things that's really unique and special to Southern California that you get to be a part of and the thing that I like the most. And you'll be seeing me putting out interviews with the thirty plus designers on social media, talking to them about exactly what you can do to you know, we're in spring break or the springtime period, so it's time of renewal and doing.
Speaker 3: Some new things.
Speaker 4: But also today is tax Day, as you were talking about earlier. Now not with all the freebies, but hoping if you happen to get a tax return, you might be looking for some inspiration for what you might be able to judge up your home or things to that effect. Even the idea that there's so much that isn't nailed down, if that makes sense. So even if you're a Renter. There's so many things you can do to a home to really make it. Not to take Dean Sharp's you know, you know, house whispers kind of scenario here, but you can go and check out these really fun, unique setups that are in this beautiful palatial estate in the Pasadena area. Now, while I cannot reveal the secrets of where it's located specifically, you can always go online to Pasadena House, Pasadena Showcase House, or showcase dot org, Pasadenashowcase dot org, correct Pasadena Showcase dot org. And if you really want to get a deep dive into it, they just announced today there's sixty years of Inspiring Design and Architecture, which is a beautiful coffee table book that is available as well, limited edition three hundred pages of beautiful photography, insightful stories, everything like that. But going in there and talking to some of these incredible designers and getting a whole new feel for what I could do, And that was my specific question for the vast majority of them, was if I got that tax refund, what can I do to either capitalize on and spend the splurgs of the money or maybe save a few bucks. So the thing that I found that was most interesting is that they really were talking about the tactile components and things that you are interacting with, So not just the obvious things you refrigerator, your appliances and everything that effect, but things to spend a few little bit more money on that we don't really think about because you go out and you know times are tough. I mean, I'm still out of work, so I know exactly what it's like to count your pennies, but making sure that you have pieces that are going to stand the test of time because it's super easy to go to big box stores and get course the really inexpensive things, but being able to really kind of pour yourself into that notion. And so the thing that I love about this I covered it earlier here on later with Mokelly about a month and a half ago when they had their empty house and we got to see the bare bones of this incredible structure. And now you can actually go and check it out. So you can get more pictures and more video and more details about the Pasaden showcase house to design their sixteenth anniversary again, you can go to Lincoln Bio for Nick Poulio Kinney or this Weekend with Nick but it's just really nice and the thing that's special about them or this specific house.
Speaker 3: It's over five acres and with it being Easter.
Speaker 4: Coming up this weekend and the weather looking really nice, there's vendors that are there from all around southern California. Certain amount of the proceeds from it will be going to support the San Gabriel Valley as well as eaten fire survivors in Altadena, so that whole thing is covered because this actually was pushed a little bit down because of the fires. It was originally supposed to be open earlier. So this is one of those things that really pours itself into the community, if you will, and it's an opportunity for you to see some really impressive artisans who have pottery and paintings and all these unique and special installs that are there. So it will be opening this weekend and for twenty. I've got lots of stuff to talk to about for twenty because it's so interesting. For twenty is Sunday.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: If you do not know the connotations of four twenty, we're gonna talk to the talk about them a little bit. But you've got Easter coming out this weekend, so the opening is Easter Sunday also for twenty and it's supposed to beautiful weather this weekend. So it's definitely one of those places you can check out in the south Land and really be able to experience in one shot, so many unique special talents from people in our own backyard. But also they have a full working restaurant that'll be open there for you to dine in the little like it's a whole experience in and of itself. So and if you keep an eye on it, and if I can twist some arms, I'll be there for a special content creator and influencer event on Thursday. Let's see if I can get us some tickets to give away here on Later with Mokelly.
Speaker 3: So play with people's emotions now, it's okay.
Speaker 4: If not, I at least want to copy that coffee table book to give away because it's absolutly beautiful. But you know how I do, I always try to, you know, really bring it because especially here for Later with mo Kelly, the listeners are so incredible and it's so nice viewers now well true and viewers, and I was gonna say, and to be able to interact with you is amazing to be able to see you on YouTube, to be able to really have that next level experience and being able to share our lives because we have been sharing them and it's been more theater the mind up to this point. So this now gives us that opportunity to be able to really reach out and you know, touch somebody hypothetically.
Speaker 2: And when we come back, we will talk more about Easter and four twenty, their intersection, the irony behind that.
Speaker 3: It ought to be an interesting Sunday. Let me put it that way.
Speaker 4: Let's just say I have got a fantastic nug hunt for you, because you know, eggs are too darn expensive right now, so I've got a great thing. And that's just a little teas to make sure you stick around and be sure to keep it tuned here on Later with No Kelly on KFI More with.
Speaker 2: Nick Polly o'keee in just a Moment KFI AM six forty and also YouTube at mister mo Kelly Live everywhere.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 5: Nick Poly what thanks County.
Speaker 2: Ke KFI YouTube Later with mo Kelly, We are live everywhere. Let's pick back up with Nick Poliochini and find out what is up with him for this.
Speaker 3: Easter Sunday and four.
Speaker 4: Twenty so even before we get deep into that, let me give you two fun things because we love to keep it free ninety nine specifically it is going to be this Saturday kicks off National Parks Week so Saturday the nineteenth, running through April twenty seventh, and you get free admission to any of the national parks around the country free free ninety nine. So that's a great opportunity for looking for something fun.
Speaker 3: To do this weekend.
Speaker 4: Whey the it's supposed to be nice, but for Saturday the nineteenth, specifically Free ninety nine nationwide. Also National Junior Ranger Day, which would on the nineteenth. That's a special program for kids to participate in. So that's something that you can find at the Lincoln Bio at this weekend with Nick or Nick Poliochini. And also something that we usually talk about and this is again free ninety nine or if anything, it's a small fee is going to be. In years past, we've had super blooms with the poppies for the Poppy Reserve. Right this weekend is supposed to be so allegedly because of the lack of rain in the fall and winter, we haven't seen nearly those blooms. But right now in the Annealop Valley Poppy Reserve, Chino Hill State Park, and Carrizo Plain, all three of those local parks are supposed to be having their largest blooms now super bloom.
Speaker 3: But if you're looking to get out and.
Speaker 4: Do something ahead of Easter and four twenty, this is a great opportunity for those two things.
Speaker 3: So again you can chatch out Saturday. That's Saturday, but let's talk about Sunday, Sunday. Sunday Sunday. He has risen in all the restaurant hot Oh. I was going to say, we're all getting real high, thank you.
Speaker 4: I was because if you are not sky high with you know, JESU Cristo, then.
Speaker 3: You're getting high sky high yourself.
Speaker 4: But with the price of eggs, this actually started every seven years, you have that once in a blue moon opportunity. Where for twenty which is the I associated with marijuana and Easter fall on the same day, and so that is definitely where we're at. And what is a great opportunity for you if you're looking for a fun activity to get into that kind of combines it Two is there is the four to twenty Eastern nug Hunt starting Friday through Sunday, happening in West Hollywood, and what's oh a nug is a unit of I just want to set you up though, So I love it because the funniest first I knew was coming. It was like if I talk about flour, that's a whole different ballgame as well. But for thirty nine dollars you can become a part of the great I don't know weed bus La for twenty Easter nug Hunt. So it starts on Friday at noon, runs all the way through Sunday, and it is twenty businesses along sands on a boulevard in West Hollywood that you go on a scavenger hunt if you will. You have an exclusive scavender Hunt app on your phone either iPhone, iOS or Android, and you walk, bike, scoot drive your way through the twenty participating shops, many of witches witches, many of which may be lounges associated with dispensaries. So this is definitely a unique experience only I mean, granted, I'm sure they do it elsewhere, but I'm going to say, this is truly a Southern California experience. If you make it through, you go into a drawing, and the ultimate prize at the end of that drawing is the five hundred dollars for just you know. But you got to bring your a game and be able to figure out the fun games and challenges along the way, so you sign up for that thirty nine dollars. Granted, not free ninety nine, but there are some really good suites and goodies and deals along the way for you, not just within Mary Jane's world, but in our world as well, so it's world worth it. Tickets are limited, you can go to this Week of a Nick or Nick Poliochini on Instagram at the Lincoln Bio will have all the details for you. And then also if you're looking for just a sash altogether, even on Saturday, you've got a sessh Fest which started last year and is going to be back this year, not specifically associated with Easter, but definitely associated with four twenty. Lots of different vendors will be their food, drink options, and lots of marijuana paraphernalia, so you can also check that out on an event right if you're looking for La sash Fest for twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, and I think that's kind of where we're at.
Speaker 4: No, that's enough, it's enough, but you know, I mean, I give you so much more because the funnier part. To me, this is one of my favorites in downtown La happening on Sunday is going to be the underground for twenty Fest, which I'm like, well, how's it interact.
Speaker 3: Underground when it legal? Now that's legal?
Speaker 4: And what is it you're advertising it as underground? We can drop the underground? Ye call it four twenty fest? Is it really underground if you're advertising?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, they have some really good socials for them if you're going to, uh, well, I love it true potheads on Instagram anyway.
Speaker 3: But there's just a lot going on this weekend.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to beautiful weather most of southern California. This may be the last week of spring break. So we've talked about a lot of it. Yeah, Boys and Berry festivals still underway, notts Berry Farm and Way to Park. You've still got the Food and Wine Festival is going to be one of the actually the final weekend at Disney California Adventure You've got things that are going on again.
Speaker 3: The Seven Seas Food Festival down in San Diego.
Speaker 4: San Diego also on April twenty second, which is Earth Day, is going to have lots of They have EarthFest and a lot of things. San Diego is a huge community, really involved. I think Vegan Expo is behind EarthFest this year down in San Diego. But that's another thing, and that's going to be Tuesday, So it's kind of interesting to have kind of that later like street Fair Vibe during the week.
Speaker 3: I will be here though, instead of being down there, because I say that wistfully.
Speaker 4: Yea, no, because if I can find a way to be live broadcasting live from EarthFest in San Diego, why not.
Speaker 3: I mean that's definitely a later Low Kelly thing. Yes it is, Yes it is. But yeah, so there's just so much going on. What do you have? Does does the Kelly family have any Easter traditions?
Speaker 2: Now, my mom she will be going to her church, okay, with his, which is Macedonia Baptist Church in Watts She'll probably want my wife and me to go with her.
Speaker 3: That probably won't happen because I get it. Easter Sunday church is like it's a challenge no matter what the situation. It's a Super Bowl. Everybody's showing up.
Speaker 2: And my wife's cousin is going to be preaching out another church out like Loma Linda, and she wants us to come out there for Sunrise service. Sunrise service is like five am, Yes it is. That means we have to leave the house at three thirty five am. That means I have to be up by two thirty. I might as well do the bill handle show No.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Six sixteen will be sunrise up for Easter Sunday, so you might get that extra a little extra sleep.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So my my schedule for Easter Sunday is up in the air, being pulled in multiple directions.
Speaker 3: That's fine, And I've got options for you to go elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably won't be doing That's never been my thing.
Speaker 4: And that's never been your thing. But it doesn't mean you can't be the DD to pick up those who are enjoying Budfest.
Speaker 3: I feel so do that. That's a good thing.
Speaker 4: That's about it, real quick. Yeah, least the socials once again for everyone. Socials if you want. And I think that's the thing. If you are, I should say that the reason that I went to the Passing to showcase house is because they reached out to me. So if you have events that are happening in your neck of the woods, and not to sound like what's his name from television, but why am I turning?
Speaker 3: What's it? Who's in your neck of the woods that did the weather reports? Anyway? Not Al Roker, but the other guy. Yeah, that's him. It is the woods.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So if you are looking for some in your neck of the woods, that's why I talk about things that are going on the Eland Empire or up the hills. So Nick pollio'channy this week, I went Nick on Instagram, the easiest place to reach me. You can also visit many other places on social media. I'm on TikTok you name it, Nick polio'channy this week and when Nick fifteen minute Footy. All these different brands all under the same umbrella. And again the Lincoln Bio is the easiest way. Plus you can email me there if that's more your stick. So slide into those dms.
Speaker 1: That's right, baby, you're listening to later with Moe Kelly on Demand from kfi AM six forty