Speaker 1: It's nice.
Speaker 2: I'm going Bustin's News Radio.
Speaker 3: The twenty twenty four presidential election is thirty nine days away. We have three days left in September Tomorrow Saturday, and month Tomorrow Sunday and Monday. Then October starts. There are thirty one days in October. That's thirty four, and then they were five days in November. The election is on November fifth. So we have every final Friday night of any every month, not necessarily the House starts, not the last show of the month, but the last Friday night show of the month. So beginning in March, we've done a presidential poll March, April, May, June, July, August, and September. This is the seventh poll we're done. So my question is who would you vote for if the election were held today? The fact that you vote for any of these candidates. We started off back in March, and I'm sure Oliver remember in March, in April and May, and for that matter, in June, there were three candidates, former President Donald Trump, then current President Joe Biden, and RFK Junior, who was the independent candidate. Then things changed in July a little bit when President Biden decided that he would not become the Democratic nomineeel though he had won that nomination, and so last month we had the first head to head matchup between former President Trump and Vice President Harris. There were a couple of people last month who voted undecided, and I think that they were former supporters in large part of Robert F. Kennedy, and Kennedy had also withdrawn, so we didn't make him available tonight. You have two choices, Donald Trump or Kamala Harris. The numbers, as you know, are as always six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty or six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Now, before we get to the polls, I'll let the lines fill up and you can make a little bit of a speech. Okay, you can make a little bit of a speech. I don't want a three minute speech, but you can tell me who you want to who you would vote for if the election were held today, and you could tell me who you would vote for. The only lines that are open, by the way, right now is six seven nine three one ten thirty. So if you're dialing six one seven two five four ten thirty, you're going to get a busy signal. Try six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty and you'll be all set. What do we do this week? Well, we had, as always a busy week. We started off talking with former registran on motor vehicles, Rachel Kaprole, and she's now working for a great charity called Triangle. We talked about the effort at the kite Card Airport on Monday, a disaster drill. We talked about the death of the mayor of Mathuen with Secretary of State Diana Desaglio, and we talked with May's Master Larry Davis. We talked about for two hours, actually for three hours, whether or not COVID is making a comeback once again. The COVID numbers this week are troubling to me. There was no significant increase, but they were troubling. Tuesday night, we talked about Northeast ARC with Joeann Simon's the president and CEO of Northeast. We'll talk with Bob Scanel, the president and CEO of the Boys and Girls Club of Dorchester. Talked with Bobby Livingston about a big auction coming up tomorrow with R and R Auction, and talked with a doctor, doctor Eric Neputi about the number of brain injuries and former NFL players are dealing with. At nine o'clock, we talked about EBD card abuse. At ten o'clock. At eleven, we talked about a column that Joe Battenfeld from the Boston Herald wrote about what would happen if Joe Biden decides sometime in mid October to resign his office and Vice President Harris becomes President Harris. Interesting thought Wednesday night, Sarah Conahan talking about a Big Brothers Big Sisters golf tournament. We talked about Paully's in Boston. They had a ten thousand dollars lobster role which included a ten thousand dollars engagement ring. Talk with Bobby Boyd of a company called Record Company, Jason Rora about the Northeast treasure hunt. When they find that, we'll let you know. I talked for an hour on Wednesday night about my delivery problems with the Boston Globe, and we came back to it and talked to it at eleven. At ten, we talked with Steve Robinson of the Main Wire and Derek Maltz x deea agent about Chinese plot farms in America. Last night talked about mass robotics with Joyce Saidopolis, talk with doctor Timothy O'Rourke about prostate cancer, with doctor Macy Smith about caregivers for people who have dementia, and talk with Michael Professor Michael Robb from the University of Maryland about that new big bug, the Joe Roe spider, that they found in Boston. Then we talked last night for an hour about the court allowing the letter from Trump's assassin to be released, in which I think it was unnecessary. It should never have been released. Talk with Solomon Schmidt last night about Legal Gladiator, whose book about the life of Alan Dershowitz, and we did some reaction to Solomon and in some open lines last night at eleven and tonight we talked with David Bedford. He's a professor at the University of Minnesota. He's an apple breeder. Talked with Linda Hugelo about you know, if you're a little shy about speaking publicly, you can have delight in the limelight. She has a book. Stephanie O'Day talking about the new concept of slow living, slowing things down. Talk with Steve Wells about a big soccer tournament tomorrow, Kicks for cancer, and in the nine o'clock hour we talked about who's better on the issue of Ukraine, Vice President Harris a former President Trump, and we talked about Benjamin Netanya, who's speech at the UN today which I thought was amazing, and Israel's effort to wipe out Hamas leadership when they hit an underground heretofore secret location in Beirut, and the Israelis have gone on the offensive, that's for sure. So the snap presidential poll awaits. The deal's pretty simple. We take every call as it comes along. If you'd like to make a comment why you're supporting one or the other, and it is only one or the other this time you could say you're undecided, we'll take undecided votes. But it's either Vice President Harris or former President Trump. The lines are full. Let's get to it, Eileen and Hull, Hey, Eileen, welcome back. Who will it be if the election were held today?
Speaker 4: I am voting for Trump, all right, any specific reason.
Speaker 5: I think his position on abortion is a big reason for me, and I think for his opponent terrorists. She doesn't seem to have any other issue. She just keeps wanting to abort babies.
Speaker 4: How terrible?
Speaker 6: How terrible?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: On that issue, probably the majority of the American public agrees with her in terms of not that they want to abort babies, but that they believe in a woman's right to choose.
Speaker 5: So I just want to make sure that you know well the choice should be made before pregnancy begins.
Speaker 3: Enough, good enough, I lean thank you for your call, and thank you for the for the reason, and I wish you great weekend.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, thanks a lot, Dan, good.
Speaker 3: Night, good night. Let me go to Indiana. Don is in Indiana. Don. I don't know if I've heard from you before, but welcome to nightside. How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: I'm doing just fine. This is indeed my first call.
Speaker 3: Come on, is it really well? Let's get you a run of applause from our digital studio audience. Let's rob you. I got to wake that audience up, Rob, Well, welcome. Are you're a regular.
Speaker 9: Listener, Don, I'm an irregular listener. The first time I discovered you was thirteen years ago. I'd been transferred to Louisville, Kentucky from my Chicago homeland, and I was alone and listening to the radio scanning the am dial as I used to do, and I came across your show with your car guys, and I was intrigued hearing car guys from Boston. And although it was a nice effort, it didn't measure up to the click and clack folks that I had previously too.
Speaker 3: Because the car well whatever, that's it's a matter of taste. But I love my car guys. You go right ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 9: But I'm calling today to vote for Vice President Harris.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we'll get We've got a tie going on here, which is good. I want to tell us why.
Speaker 9: Well, I think the biggest disqualifier for Trump is January sixth.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think there will be a number of people who will feel that way. Whereabouts in Indiana.
Speaker 9: You call it from a New Albany, which is on the Ohio River across from Louisville.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah. I have stayed many, many years ago at a hotel in Louisville which was right on the Iowa River. I might I think I'm correct the Gold House, are you familiar?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yes, The Gold House, in fact has a rooftop restaurant where you can watch things going on below.
Speaker 3: Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, it was a revolving It is that a revolving restaurant up there? Or am I mixing me? A?
Speaker 9: No, it actually is. I actually haven't been there in a while and it might not revolve anymore, but the last time I was up there revolved and it was just a it was great.
Speaker 3: It was I will tell you that I celebrated my thirty first birthday. The night of my thirty first birthday, I was working in television for WBZ and we were covering a national Governor's conference, and that's where I remember. I'll always remember where I was from when I turned thirty one many years ago.
Speaker 9: And you've doubled that easily.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have, and actually, down I'm proud of it. What do you do in Kentucky?
Speaker 9: What sort of work do you Well, I'm retired now, well that's okay.
Speaker 3: What sort of work did you do?
Speaker 9: I worked for company that built motor coaches, buses, and our operation in Louisville, you know, supplies replacement parts. So I talked to customers about what they would need to fix their bus.
Speaker 3: I've been in Louisville. I was went to the Hillaric Brads be bath Factory, which was a fascinating visit for a guy who's a baseball fan. Don thanks very much, Come on back more and more often. Will you love to love to get to know you a little better?
Speaker 9: I'm called after listening more often four years ago when my daughters moved to Boston and so to have more reason to stay in touch with what's happening out that way.
Speaker 3: Well, I would love to have you back with us any night. Thank you so much. Talk to you soon, Thank you, Thanks, good night. I got to get one more in here before the break, going to go to Ohio. Dallas. Is in Ohio Dallas. Who would it be if the election were held today?
Speaker 8: It would be definitely for me Vice President Harris.
Speaker 3: All right. So Harris doing very well here tonight, breaking into the lead early voting. But that's okay. I want to tell us why.
Speaker 8: Well, it's it's the nature of a woman in leadership.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've never had more four.
Speaker 8: We're more focused, and to be quite honest with you, I believe it's I'm for the little boys to put the sling shots away along with their marbles. That's my analogy.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, all right, Always good to hear your voice, Dallas. Thanks very much, so we got Ohio and Indiana on the board.
Speaker 8: Sure, Dan, Sure, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Bou I have a good weekend. The only lines opened six one, seven, four ten thirty. Uh, that's the only one they need to give six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine ten thirty. That will get you in. We got one line there and we'll be back right after this very quick break. We're doing our worst seventh presidential poll. The people on the ballot have changed, uh, and maybe the results will change. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, the Window World Nightside Studios. We were doing our seventh end of the month poll presidential poll. Uh. Let us go next, let me who's oh here we go Mark and Cambridge Mark next on Nightside, Go right.
Speaker 10: Ahead, John Dang, Good evening, Dan, Good evening, Robe. How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good? Mark? How are you so?
Speaker 10: I'm doing?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 10: Man? This is Mark M from Cambridge.
Speaker 3: All right, Mark, good to hear your voice again. I know that voice. Who would it be if the election were held today?
Speaker 10: It will be Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump, adding that with a great deal of authority. Tell us why, I.
Speaker 10: Will tell you why.
Speaker 3: The reason.
Speaker 8: Okay, So.
Speaker 10: It's the country. How you know, when he was president, we didn't have all this that's going on today. When he was president, the economy was good. I mean, I mean a lot of things was good.
Speaker 8: In my opinion.
Speaker 10: As for Kamala, miss Harris, you know, she doesn't have no familiarity with you know, running the country. In my opinion, your.
Speaker 3: Opinion is your opinion is is is your opinion. I'm not disputing anyone's opinion tonight, just giving you the chances on your mind.
Speaker 10: I'm going to keep it straight with you. I mean, I'm full African American, full blown. I lived here, I'm born here. And in my opinion, just because she's African American black, whatever, I'm black, I'm supposed to.
Speaker 8: Get on, you know, vote for her.
Speaker 10: No, I'm going with a person that's who I believe that's qualified for the job.
Speaker 3: All right, Mark, I appreciate your your straightforward and I can't tell you much. I appreciate you're you're listening to my show.
Speaker 11: I really, absolutely absolutely I always listened.
Speaker 10: Now, I was the first time caller a couple of months ago.
Speaker 8: I told you that.
Speaker 3: But yep, see now you're getting into the swing of things. Now you're a regular. Okay, that's what I like.
Speaker 10: Okay, you guys have a good weekend. You involved.
Speaker 3: Thank you to you too. Mark, be well, my friend talks soon. Let me go next to Sue and Franklin. Sue, you were next on Nightside. Welcome back to Nightside. How are you, Sue?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 9: How are you Dan?
Speaker 3: I'm doing just great. So if the election were hell today, or if you've already decided totally, who would it be? Who will it be?
Speaker 6: Pamela Harris?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, tell it. I want to give us a quick little thumbs nail why or little thumb sketch? I should say? Why?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 14: I like that she's for the middle class, first of all, and uh, secondly, I would not ever vote for Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: He's a liar, he's a felon.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 9: She's she's better. I believe she's better qualified for the job.
Speaker 3: All right, straightforward to the point. I get it. Thank you so much, appreciate, appreciate your call. You've called before?
Speaker 6: Right, Nope, no I haven't.
Speaker 3: You're first time call? How about that?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: For some reason I thought that we had had a super Maybe it was a different sue, but either way, you were welcome. I hope you come back often.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend, have a great night. Okay. The only lines that are open now. And see I get to see the board. You don't a six, one, seven nine. We got a little race going on here. This is this is tight Laurie and Idaho who thankfully? When did you get your power back?
Speaker 1: Laurie?
Speaker 6: Oh four thirty this evening my time, So forty eight hour outage?
Speaker 3: How long?
Speaker 6: Forty eight hours?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, well, congratulations, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: No water, no heat, no light, no nothing, no really oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But the temperature you said was okay, it's it's better.
Speaker 6: To It wasn't bad, Yeah it was. It didn't get too cold, of course right before I think what brought the storm through. It was a cold front, so it was almost eighty degrees the day before, and then it was fifties and sixties, so that wasn't at least it wasn't the middle of the winter.
Speaker 3: But I was did you lose it? Feel it? You lose food in the refrigerator and stuff like that. That's a long you know.
Speaker 9: That's what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the refrigerator is pretty much chased, and that was that's what I've been doing this evening. Is the freezer hit critical mass for sawing this morning. So if it hadn't come back today, we'ld have been done. But I've been this evening cooking because I had, you know, like soups and stuff that I'd made and head mustovers in there and some some shrimp and stuff. So this evening I have been cooking what I can to reserve it. And I won't have to cook for a week now, and so that's that's okay.
Speaker 11: That's that's so.
Speaker 3: It's horrible when the power goes out, but it's great when it comes back.
Speaker 8: Isn't it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that whole thing.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I'm so glad I had to suffer so I really can feel good again.
Speaker 3: No, I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Someone an old joke about you know, the guy walks in the room, he sees the other guy whacking his head against the wall, and the guy finally walks home. He says, why are you doing that? Why are you whacking your head against the wall. The guy said, it feels so great when I stop, never heard that before. I'm sure.
Speaker 9: Good point.
Speaker 3: All right, So if the election we're hell today, we got a race going on here tonight. If the election were hell today, who would it be.
Speaker 6: I gotta go for the Donald as usual.
Speaker 3: Well, we got it. It's now tied up. Your vote ties it up. This is interesting, this is interesting, This is close tonight. We'll see if it holds well.
Speaker 6: But I figure he's got it's mostly for the economy and for foreign policy. And you know he he knows how to do that. He did it for four years. Let's give him four more years in there, get that straightened down, undo the damage that the Biden administration did in those regions, and and he and we won't have to put up with him again.
Speaker 3: Well he won't, right, I mean, he's got one term, whether.
Speaker 2: He wins or loose, and then so he can get one more.
Speaker 6: And let's give him four years to get the ship righted in that realm and try to keep his mouth shut on the other realms. And so I don't think Biden has I'm out in the cars, has the ability to do that. So I and yahoo, hello, that's great foreign policy.
Speaker 3: No I know, yeah, No, I know that, but hey, her values have remained the same. So I think that's that's a very honest assessment. If you get my drift, I do all. I know you too well, Thanks Laurie. Talk to you soon, Okay, enjoy have a great just just pick out this weekend and enjoy all your cooking. Okay, you deserve it, Thanks Laurie.
Speaker 15: I will.
Speaker 11: That's a great one.
Speaker 3: Okay, good night. Let me get one more in here before we got to go to the break. We're going to try to move people a little bit more quickly. We're warming up here. We're doing our poll. This is our last Friday in September. Uh and so far it's a dead heat. Let me go next to Joe and Cambridge. Joe, welcome next on nightside. Joe.
Speaker 11: How you doing, Hey Dan, I'm doing great? Thank you?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm thinking that this well. I know that this this deadlock is going to be broken here and I think I know you well enough to know which way it's going to go. But let's make it official.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I think you do know which way is going. But actually, just a quick check, is it is it actually tied? Or I thought President former President Trump was ahead by one.
Speaker 3: Nope, I got it. I got it tied right now, and I keep I'm a good, good vote count.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll go.
Speaker 11: Well, then let me be the one to break the tide. Yeah, my vote for obviously for former President Trump unequivocally.
Speaker 3: And what is if there's a couple of issues that are most important or most most clear to you, what would it be? What would they be?
Speaker 11: I think your previous caller from Idaho touched upon them along with another caller, mainly the economy and foreign policy. That border wall in the border wall, their border wall needs or the border needs to be closed. Subsequent to that, I'm hoping that we can get some policies in place and some action in place to try and clean up the mess that you know, the Biden Harris created with letting in all of these you know, terrorist drug dealers that have slipped in through this border, I mean, a wreaking havoc in our cities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were some statistics I was going to hit them tonight that were released today in a letter to a Member of Congress from Texas. I'll probably get to that next week. We also will probably have a representative of Ice on next week there's been a several people arrested, several five I think is the number of with some pretty serious allegations on the island of Nantucket. Believe it or not, so long, no longer just a mere border issue. Every state is a border state.
Speaker 8: It is it is. You know.
Speaker 11: Those are my reasons for voting for him. I could go into countless reasons.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, but I don't have enough time.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm glad I was able to break the tight You got it.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see holiday call it goes. Thanks Joe, appreciate it all right, it is thanks, good night, I have a great weekend. We'll take a very quick break. Coming right back on night side. We are doing our twenty twenty four presidential Paul. We do it every Friday. There's only one more left, and that will be the last Friday night in October. We do it at the eleven o'clock hour, and you can call up. There's no argument. It's just who you're gonna vote for and why. We'll take a break. We'll be right back with many more calls between now and eleven o'clock and midnight. I should say, well, by the way, if you stay with us, till midnight. I will take you all the way till Saturday. Coming back good Night Side.
Speaker 2: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news.
Speaker 3: Radio, and back we go. Got full lines, which is great. We'll get We're gonna move. Pick the pace up just a little bit. Dan up in Hampton, New Hampshire. Dan, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Thank you.
Speaker 12: Dan.
Speaker 16: I am vote excuse me, I am voting for the vice president. And I'm just going to ask you one quick things. As an attorney, when Donald Trump says that Haitian immigrants are reading people's pets starts in cats in Ohio, which is not true, doesn't he does he not lose all credibility on the issue of immigration.
Speaker 3: I don't know that he loses credibility the issue of immigration, because I think it's more than that issue. I think that was a very dumb thing to say, because one, I don't think it is true.
Speaker 8: I do not.
Speaker 3: I've seen no proof of it being true. We've talked about that a lot on Nightside. However, I think that there's some numbers today that you probably should see in some newspapers tomorrow that are frightening talking about the number of people who have committed this country illegally, who were who were who were actually stopped at the border and then released and given court appearances, who they now and I find now find out have some very serious criminal charges against them in the countries of origin. So I think that the why he would somehow, in the middle of a debate with Vice President Harris, start talking about something that I think is just not true.
Speaker 16: I think we know it's not true.
Speaker 3: Dan, Well, I do know, yeah, which which I didn't when I say I think it wasn't true at the time, and I know it's not true. It's absolutely not true. Do I think that there could have been a pet stolen somewhere in a city the size of Springfield, Missouri? Yeah, I mean I think could have a pet walked away. Yeah. I talked about earlier this week about a couple from California on a camping trip in somewhere in I think it was near the Grand Canyon, and their cat ran off, and I guess a couple of months later the cat was picked up back in California. How the cat got back at least this about a couple of hundred miles away. So no, I mean you know, animals disappear all the time, but someone told him a story and he extrapolated that story. But yeah, again, does it does it void that his that his policy of the border was more effective than than than the Biden Harris policy. No, because I think that there are two separate issues. I really do.
Speaker 16: Okay, I really don't agree because.
Speaker 3: Well I didn't think you would because I think you question uh anticipated in answer. But guess what my job is to be to tell you what I believe. And my Trump supporters are upset at the criticism that I level at him, and you're not satisfied with that response. But that's what I truly believe. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 16: Okay, Well, I'm smiling all right, thanks very much.
Speaker 3: I am as well. And we had a good conversation. Thanks Dan, talk to you soon. All right, we're back to a tie. Let's go back Togg in Cambridge, CG. You have not calling a dog's age. What's going on with you?
Speaker 8: I can really hear you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry about that. I'm speaking as long as I can.
Speaker 8: I'm speaking right.
Speaker 3: Well. I can hear is funny thing about it. I can hear you. Fine, I don't know if I don't know, if you've got a mute on something. Who are you going to vote for? Who? If the election were held today, CJ.
Speaker 8: Policy that the Democrats opposed, but still let in five thousand illegal aliens a day. So it was good that he did not go along with that.
Speaker 3: All right, so give me, give me your vote?
Speaker 1: Is Trump?
Speaker 3: Okay? I got you, I got you. Double check your volume because I can hear you. I can hear all right, Thanks very much, have a great night, CJ. CG. Excuse me, You've got to go next to Joe up in New Hampshire. Back to New Hampshire, Joe, you're next on nightside. Welcome, Hi Joe. Welcome Who if the election were held today, who would it be?
Speaker 8: Donald J? Trump?
Speaker 3: All right, so Trump's picked up a couple of votes here. It's still a very tight and competitive race. And whoever you're voting for, feel free to express your opinion. What makes you vote for Trump? What is what is the the issue or issues that drive you towards Trump?
Speaker 17: Well, a lot, but mostly the illegal immigrants. I mean the financial burden they've Harris and Biden put on this country by letting them all in like this, it's incredible. I mean when people say, oh, they're going to vote for Harris, but are they not? Do they not see all these financial hotships and all these states and towns and and and the illegals are going ahead of the locals.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean there have been problems in Massachusetts, which I'm most familiar with, its costing taxpayers about a billion a year. We're a sanctuary state, and we also have a right to shelter, aw so it can run into money. Joe, thank you so much. Appreciate your call as always, will talk again.
Speaker 17: Okay, yeah, thank you, Thank you, sir. Having good weekend.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Let me go to Miller in Methuin. Miller in Methuin. I don't think I've ever spoken to you before. Tell me if I'm right or wrong on that uh lock drum A long time ago. Well, okay, welcome back. Uh go right ahead, Miller. Who's who's your choice if the election were held today?
Speaker 8: Ah, the Trump Star or the dumpster?
Speaker 3: Which would you prefer?
Speaker 8: I'm just saying that, but isn't the Trump Star. It's going to be the dumpster.
Speaker 3: So I assume I just want to interpret this, okay, that you're going to vote for Trump?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Trump, Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 3: And and how does the dumpster work in there? If if he doesn't win, you're gonna go.
Speaker 11: Dumpster as far as they as far as the country goes.
Speaker 3: Oh, I get it, I get it. Dumps all right, Okay, that's the way aheaded boy. Okay, Miller, come on back soon, will you? How long ago did I talk to you? How many years ago?
Speaker 8: Go? No, I don't maybe told?
Speaker 3: Okay, well you can. You can call more frequently than two Thanks, thanks, Miller, appreciate it very much. Okay, have a good one. All right, Well we're gonna go now back to Let's go to Dave and Maryland. Dave and Maryland, you were next on nightside.
Speaker 10: Welcome Dave, Hey, Dan, long time, no talk?
Speaker 3: How you bet well that I've been great. That, of course, is not my fault because we give this number of so often. Welcome back, Dave.
Speaker 13: No, I know, but this is one issue that really brings the right to the forefront. My wife and I have already dropped off our mail and vote for for Vice President Harris. All right, to all these guys, all these people who are voting for Trump, Remember this is the best the Republican Party can come up with, is say, thirty four times convicted felon who wants to take away women's rights. And at the same time, I'm you know, talking about eating cats and dogs.
Speaker 7: And repeating a lie over and over again. I understand that the immigration issue is serious, but at the same time, this country is founded on immigrants, mostly legal and I get it, and I think there is a better way to handle it. But at the same time, you have to go with the most qualified person, and bar none, I believe it is Vice President Harrison.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for your vote. I appreciate it very much. It's a very close race here tonight on night side, we've heard from Maryland, New Hampshire, Idaho, Ohio, Indiana. I thank you, Dave, come on back soon. Okay, thank you, Dan, have a great one. Good night. We're gonna keep rolling here, get another one in. Who's gonna go next? Let me see, you know, we've got the weak time down to about four minutes, so we're gonna go to my friend John in North Carolina. John, once the every time you call, I gotta thank you for sending me those peppers Farm cookies. Thank you, John.
Speaker 10: How are you bet you bet.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to vote for Trump. And although I do like Trump, it's it's not so much Trump is that I opposed the Democrats and their policies. I have to join with Elon MUSKARFK Junior and Alan Dershowitz at being appalled at what the Democrats have done.
Speaker 3: I got you in. I got you in for Donald Trump. How's everything. Who's going to win North Carolina? By the way, since you're down there, that's a toss up state, right, battleground state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Trump will win. Uh, there's a what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's going on with that Republican gubernatorial candidate down there?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not so sure that. You know, I would not put one hundred percent faith in what CNN reports given their track record, and he denies it, so I think you have to have to wait and see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I think that again. I don't know how they track that stuff, by the way, and I do know that there's a lot of dirty tricks in politics. So yeah, it was a pretty weird story though when it broke, wasn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But it's uh, it's it's typical of political dirty tricks.
Speaker 3: All right. We talked about the ultimate political dirty trick. The other night, I think it was Wednesday, we talked about the possibility of Joe Biden might resign just this this was pure of speculation and as the ultimate October surprise and make his vice president of the president of the United States. I wonder what that would do to the race.
Speaker 1: I think it would just add just some noise to the race. We're getting so close now that I think it might just confuse things.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I think you're right. John. Always great to hear you, boys. You got to come back more often. Okay, come on back. But I'll always remember your kindness with those hearty wheat peppers from crackers.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much back in the bad old days of COVID.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, thank you. John talks here and have a great one. Good night, all right, bye bye. Let's keep rolling here. We got we're gonna get one more in here before the break, and we're going to pick the pace up to let me go to Bob and hang them. Bob, you're next on night side. You're gonna get you in before the break.
Speaker 8: How to do just great? Who who votes for Trump? Votes for Trump?
Speaker 3: Okay? I think Trump is it has.
Speaker 12: To be you can't deal personality this time. It has to be who's capable. She's going on, she's gonna do this, She's going to do that, everything opposite. And Trump's gonna do what he did the last time. If the Democrats let him.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, okay, I think that they might not let him. Well, it depends upon you know who who who wins the House, who wins the Senate. The down ballot races are are as important as the presidential race. It's you know, if you get a split government, some people think that's great because they can't do much harm.
Speaker 12: No, no, can I ask you one question.
Speaker 1: Sure, do you think that was a good thing?
Speaker 12: Her going to the border today?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 12: Why?
Speaker 8: Why would she do it?
Speaker 12: That's a dynamite.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, again, I think that people who support the vice president probably see it as a good thing. But I think it does also point out on the other side that she hasn't been there much before. So yeah, I think it cuts both ways. Bob, I got to run. I'm at past my break. Thank you much for you, thank you, thank you, j good night. We're going to keep rolling here. I got Paula, Ron, John and Tom will get you all in, I promise, and maybe a couple more. The only line open six one seven, back on Night's side after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World to Night Side Studios. I' WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna hit the gas here and let's get as many folks in as we can. Got to go to Paula and Worster. Paula, welcome. How are you tonight?
Speaker 14: I'm great?
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 11: Dan?
Speaker 14: I finally got in.
Speaker 3: Well great, Let's let's have it because I'm want to move everybody a little quicker into final hour hair. Okay, the final segment, I should say, not final hours, final segment. I apologize, go ahead.
Speaker 14: Okay. So I'm actually registered as an independent. I know you think I'm a Democrat, but I'm an independent. However, my vote is going to be cashed for Kamala Harris. I believe that that Trump is unfit to run for president. I think he's cognitively in decline not to talk about any of the issues because I know you're running tight, but I just think he is unfit to be leader of the country.
Speaker 3: Well that's a pretty good reason. That is a pretty good reason if that's what you believe.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's what I believe so much.
Speaker 3: Is this your first time calling.
Speaker 14: It's my first time calling.
Speaker 3: You've got to get around here. Absolutely all right, Paul, Thanks, I look forward to more calls. Okay, I promise.
Speaker 4: Absolutely have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: Good night you too.
Speaker 3: By vote for Harris, for Paula. Let's keep rolling. He'll get again.
Speaker 8: Ya.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get everybody in. Let's go. Okay, we're gonna go next. We got Tom in Dorchester. Tom, come on, let's see. Let's hear it. I know I know where you're gonna go with me.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Tom, I gotta be quick.
Speaker 18: The United States is a superpower. Russia is a superpower. China is a superpower. China will never have a female leader. Russia will never have a female leader. And as long as the United States wants to remain a superpower, it will never have a female leader. And plus, the second reason why I wouldn't vote for her is because of the insurrection, the real insurrection, when she built out people burning down police stations, police got killed, security guys that killed many other people get killed. And plus chop they took over part of us.
Speaker 8: She had no I got you.
Speaker 3: I got you, Tom, I got you, I got you. Thank you much, right, thank you much. Ron is in Waymouth. Ron, You're next, Knights. I want to get everybody in here, go right ahead.
Speaker 15: It's for Trump, Trump all the way. He's more qualified by his last term, falling through with his promises. Out of the wall, the economy. Also the cat's story. He just repeated a media story and that was a mistake. I believe that he shouldn't have repeated it.
Speaker 4: And it was geese, not cats.
Speaker 11: And plus the COVID solution.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, big, big mistake.
Speaker 11: So many items, so many items.
Speaker 8: All right, he's like.
Speaker 11: I had one hundred things he did right, I'm not going to vote for her.
Speaker 8: You're not qualified.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Ron, appreciated much, appreciate your call. Thank you much. Gonna go next to Roy is in Boston. Roy next on Nice. I gotta be quick for me.
Speaker 8: Roy, Okay. Trump.
Speaker 11: And the reason I'm voting for Trump is I think, Uh Edward one of the talk shows or whatever, he's taking him out of context. Now, the governor, which is the Republican in Ohio, he couldn't get any money from the Democrat president, so they he had said he couldn't get any money. So when Trump went to speak that night, he was trying to bring attention to the fact that they needed money. And you know, as a reporter, because I've had it when I couldn't get a program of Christmas. Towards that Christmas, I called seven Channel four. A reporter came out and they told the story.
Speaker 3: All Right, hey, Roy, I hate you do this year, but I got people behind you here, so I got you down for Let me let me say that. Let me ask you. Have you called before?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: I once?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll give you.
Speaker 8: Let me say this. So what he did, he wanted to.
Speaker 11: Make something that would get money for the community.
Speaker 3: And that I still think it was a crazy story. I gotta run, Roy, Thank you, thank you, Thank you. Man. I got to run. Okay, let me go next to Well, we're gonna go John and framing him. John gotta be quick for me, Go ahead, John.
Speaker 4: Uh Yeah, I'm definitely voting for Trump based in the economy, less taxes, no one point nine trillion dollar spending bills called the Inflation Reduction Act.
Speaker 8: Better.
Speaker 4: On foreign policy, we've got to stop the Israeli Gaza conflict. Need Israel to prevail and certainly you want to keep Iran in a box. And Biden has let Iran out to be a world terror and then border security and stopping the flights of tens of thousands coming in with temporary protective status.
Speaker 11: All right, I've seen what that's done.
Speaker 3: I got it in. I got it in, John, Thank you much. I gotta getting tight here at the end. Let me go next to Chloe in Michigan. Chloe, now the slave heard from. How are you, Chloe?
Speaker 6: I'm fine, Thank you very much. Gonna be Caris all the way Paris.
Speaker 3: Okay. Who's gonna carry Michigan. Who's gonna carry Michigan.
Speaker 14: I think she is going to pull it up, Okay, I think from.
Speaker 11: I'm a completely Republican county.
Speaker 3: But it's okay. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I love the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Chloe. Appreciate you call. I hate to be so rushed, but I got three for people.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: Thank you, soon, good night. Let me go to Debbie and Needham. Debbie, gonna get you in here real quickly. Go ahead, Debbie.
Speaker 5: Trump, He's a.
Speaker 13: Brave, true, and courageous American.
Speaker 3: All right, that's that's a pretty good endorsement. Thanks. Thanks Debbie. We'll get the We'll get the account for you guys in just a moment.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 3: We got two left, and that'll be it. Rob. Let me go next to Sean in Beverly, Shawn, you were next on night side. Who would your choice be if the election were held today? Go ahead, Sean.
Speaker 8: Harris? Thanks Janat.
Speaker 3: Thanks that was quick to the point. Thank you. Okay, gonna get what do we get the minute left? Rob?
Speaker 11: Is that it?
Speaker 3: Ross and Denham? Ross? Next one? Nice? I go ahead, Harris Harris too for Harris here, okay, I got you in here. Ross, Thank you very much. Last one of the night. You can put this one last one up on the board here for me, Rob. If that's if that person is ready, Jeremy, Jeremy your next, go ahead? Who you voting for?
Speaker 17: Jeremy, Jen I'm gonna be voting for Harris, but I wanted to kind of preface that with a little bit for it.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't have any time because you're the last caller of the night, and I got to give you the results. Call me next week and we'll give you every opportunity to preface it. Okay, Thanks, Thanks Jeremy, Thank you very much. All right, let me try to calculate this real quickly. One, two, three, four or five Harris is ten. Trump has won two three, four, five, fourteen to ten. Fourteen to ten for Trump, much closer than in the past. Done for the night, Done for the week. Great job, Rob, great job Marina. Thanks to all the callers, Thanks to all of you, all dogs, all cats, off pits, go to him. That's my pal, Charlie Rays the past four fourteen years ago. If I'm where, that's why your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. You'll see them again, see again on Monday night. Everyone, have a great weekend. Dan ray for nights.