Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome everybody to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, the Cage to Night, Jacob Mook, and I want to thank everybody for joining me on this evening. If you're listening to this the following day, you need to be a part of this conversation. The only place to go to do that would be to go to patreon dot com slash Cajun Night and it's in the link in the description below.
Speaker 2: Only one tier for entry.
Speaker 1: Come join us every Wednesday night at nine pm Central and be a part of the conversation. A lot of things going on, y'all. As always, there's never a shortage of buffoonery that is happening in our world. And honestly, I kind of almost forgot that the Clintons were out and about.
Speaker 2: I know that they're, you know, free people.
Speaker 1: They're out here breathing the free air, and I have an issue with that, but whatever, they kind of fall into the realm of you know, irrelevance from time to time. Then out of nowhere, they just they come right back up in the headlines. And boy, oh boy, this is not a good one for them to come up while talking about. But let's get into it together, y'all. So this is from NBC News. House Republicans plan on holding Hillary Clinton in contempt for refusing to testify in Epstein probe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a thing. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: So the announcement comes a day after the Oversight Committee chair James Comer said he would seek to hold former President Bill Clinton in.
Speaker 2: Contempt for skipping his deposition.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So essentially they have been called in for questioning and they both said, no, we're not gonna do that. We're doing something else because they know how deeply embedded they were with Epstein. We're gonna play this short little clip here, and then we're gonna read the article. But you know, every time, every time you think the Clintons might just be going to the House for good, they're irrelevant. They're retired, they're old school now here. They are out here just doing the shit. Again.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are facing the prospect of being held in contempt of Congress. This after failing to peer for a closed door deposition as part of the House Oversight Committee's investigation into the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
Speaker 4: I think it's very disappointing as a result of Bill Clinton not showing up for his lawful subpoena.
Speaker 3: The Clinton's informed the committee they had nothing material to offer the investigation, and in a letter to Chairman James Comer, they argued his subpoenas were legally invalid, writing every person has to decide when they have seen or had enough and are ready to fight for this country, its principles, and its people, no matter the consequences for us. Now is that time. The former president has long denied any wrongdoing, but Republicans point out that Clinton has repeatedly appeared in photos and documents connected to Epstein, arguing he has information to provide.
Speaker 4: No one's accused of Bill Clinton of any wrong doing.
Speaker 5: We just have questions.
Speaker 3: Most Democrats we spoke to today either avoided the question or defended the Clinton's decision to skip the deposition. But Democrats wrote Sonna, who wrote the law to force the DOJ to release all the files, had a different take. Do you think the president should have appeared?
Speaker 5: He should appear.
Speaker 6: I have always said that this needs to be transparent. Everyone involved should be providing an explanation, and I have conducted this in a way that doesn't single out Republicans or Democrats.
Speaker 2: Yo, shout out to Rocanna.
Speaker 1: I know he's a Democrat, and I don't necessarily agree with the majority of his statements that he makes on the political scale. He just went on The Sean Ryan Show and he is very loudly proclaiming that Congress, Senate, the White House are all going out of their way to protect pedophiles and they're not even being shy about it anymore. It was a great episode just throwing that out. But yeah, I agree with Roe. These two if they were questioned, if they were subpoenaed, they should be they should show up, and they said, no, your subpoena is invalid because we already told you we don't have anything to say.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if you were subpoena to appear before a judge in your local community and you just said, no, I have nothing to say to you, because that's that's just gonna go over so well, so well right, that's not gonna lead any bit towards And they're not even saying that they did anything wrong. They got some questions for them and that's all there is to it. Wow, But you know, rules for thee, not for me. Go ahead, Sam. Before I read this article wagh In.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, it's funny because they are these the same Clintons that men's the land, that no man is above the law when and trying to get Trump and when it's the both of them are stumbbags.
Speaker 1: It's the same Clinton's with the emails, the private servers, the whole Bengati situation. What does it matter? The Lewinsky, the whole nine, The same Clinton that he's painted on a giant mural in Epstein's house in a blue dress, the whole nine.
Speaker 8: All that keeping keep in mind.
Speaker 7: Uh uh, Hillary, she started out as the one too.
Speaker 8: Uh uh. The she started out as a lawyer under the Nixon things on Watergate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she also worked under a very loud and proud Klansman.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And she also said that, well, what are you about tending to montic Lensky about her getting caught blowing about the mess in the office.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: She said, well, what do you expect when you drag one hundred dollars through a treasure park? And I'm like, it's just a loyal cut.
Speaker 1: She is, she is God. I'm trying to remember the Klansmen. That was that they worked under Bob's Dewey something there wasn't David Duke, it was I.
Speaker 10: Thought it was Dewey or am I thinking about the treasurer that killed herself on lot of TV?
Speaker 1: Look it up?
Speaker 2: Look it up.
Speaker 1: Because Biden and Killery both really got their start in politics working under him, and uh, that was a whole thing. His big push was to resegregate schools, and he was on that kick well into the nineties.
Speaker 2: But yeah, somebody looked that up. I'm drawing a blank on the name here.
Speaker 10: But anyway, Biden was it was Biden, and that said he didn't want his kids to go up in a school in a zoo.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, if you don't vote for me, you ain't black. Yeah.
Speaker 1: These people, these people don't have like functioning brains in my opinion.
Speaker 8: The audacity of their caucacity.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's boundless. It's boundless.
Speaker 2: But anyway, anyway, get into the article here.
Speaker 1: The House Oversight Committee will seek to hold former Secretary of State Killery Clinton in contempt of Congress after she did not appear for a scheduled deposition as part of the Republican led Panels investigation into Jeffrey Epstein chairman James Comer announced Wednesday. The move comes days after Comer said the committee would seek to hold former President Billium in contempt for failing to appear for his scheduled deposition Tuesday. So basically both of them just decide they're not showing up again. Just kind of reiterating what Comber said. We're going to hold both Clinton's and criminal contempt of Congress, he said this Wednesday morning. The House Oversight Committee will vote on both content measures next Wednesday and then bring them to the House floor. The committee had negotiated in good faith, good faith rather with the Clinton's attorneys for five months.
Speaker 2: We have bent over.
Speaker 1: Backwards, he said. Wow. The committee subpoenaed the Clintons last year. They were scheduled to appear in October, but that was later pushed to December because of their attendance at a funeral. Comber said the Clinton's lawyer did not provide alternate dates, so he rescheduled their depositions for mid January and larry to Comber on Tuesday. The Clinton's argued that the subpoenas were quote legally invalid end quote, because that's that's how that works, and said they did not plan to appear for depositions. The letter cited legal analysis prepared by two law firms, which they said they provided to the committee Monday. Every person has to decide when they have seen or had enough in a raid, a fight for this country.
Speaker 2: It's principles and it's people's, no matter the consequences.
Speaker 1: When of these two ever, ever, period ever fought for this country its principles or its people.
Speaker 2: But all right for us, now is that time?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's coming in to get questioned about some connection, some ties to Epstein, just some questions, some things.
Speaker 2: Clearly, this is your time to stand.
Speaker 1: On principles of America. What the fuck are you talking about anyway. The letter also said the Clintons expected the Committee to vote to hold them in contempt, saying, you will say it is not your decision to make, but we have made it.
Speaker 2: Now you have to make yours. Damn go ahead, Royce.
Speaker 11: So even with the whole thing about them, have the integrity. Part of that integrity should be showing up in court when they're supposed to. You would sink, since since they've never been held the cattle for either actions. Hillary with all of her males, uh you know, her husband with everything else, is like they're not first of all, they're not showing any kind of good precedent and they just aren't gonna do anything and that like so, I mean literally literally, how many times were they gonna hold a hunter and contempt because he didn't show up? And then nothing ever happened to that? And the same thing I kind of feel with these guys, like, yeah, they there, you know, there's a lot of saber rabbitaling going on. Yeah, holy my contempt. But let the actual chances for them to do something, I would say are is very minimal. I don't really have too much faith in the system anymore, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that. And then continuing here, it says the Clinton's lawyers, Ashley Callen David E. Kendall wrote in a separate letter to Comber on Monday that the subpoenas were and there's a direct quote here, and also listen to the amount of of just outlandish language they are you using. It's subpoenas for questioning. They're doing a deposition into Epstein. Some names are brought up, Hey, you two, your names are brought up, and we need you two to come in and talk to us a little bit about this. Their lawyer's response was that these subpoenas were quote, invalid and legally unenforceable because they are untethered to a valid legislative purpose, unwarranted because they do not seek pertinent information. And unprecedented infringement on the separation of powers. All right, invalid and legally unenforceable. Congress is subpoenaing them to show up and talk about some things that is legally enforceable, and it is valid, okay, untethered to valid legislative purpose. They are currently doing a deposition into a guy where both of these individuals clearly had ties. Yes, it is very legislatively purposeful, invalid, okay, unwarranted because they do not seek pertinent information.
Speaker 2: That's literally what the deposition is about.
Speaker 1: That's literally what these questions are is to extract pertinent information, and if there is none, then there will be nothing to say.
Speaker 2: It will be very clear at that time, given a.
Speaker 1: Written statement is not the same as showing the fuck up, but all right, and an unprecedented infringement on the separation of powers no, no, this is this is literally what the House Oversight Committee does. This is this is the system of checks and balances. This is within their powers. So the lawyers are basically just throwing out this flamboyant legal language to try to make it seem like this is all superferous, and it's like, no, it's not, it's not.
Speaker 2: This is actually very pertinent. It's something needs to happen. And the fact that.
Speaker 1: Y'all are crawl fishing this hard, this early, that's that's not playing well. But also to your point, Royce, I agree, I don't know what's actually gonna shake out from this. I hope they see their day in court. I hope they both go to jail. I don't believe it's ever gonna happened in my lifetime, but we can try to get high on hopium, you know. On Monday, House Speaker Mike Johnson, Republican from Louisiana, said that the Clintons of the Clinton's rather I think it would be contempt of Congress if they didn't turn up, which is true. Hillary Clinton spoke a person Nick Merrill, it's a raging piece of shit question the Committe's approach. In a statement, last month, saying since this started, we've been asking what the hell Hillary Clinton has to do with this, and he hasn't been able to come up with an answer. All right, Hillary Clinton has not been accused of any wrongdoing related to Epstein, and her name has not appeared in the thousands of files the Justice Department has released so far after the Epstein Files Transparency Act passed. No, but your husband did. Your husband did, and you're not going to testify against your husband. They're questioning you on some things, maybe some whereabouts, maybe some specific dates, things like this. That's not necessarily testifying against Bill. You have to go there and see what the trying to find out. That's how this goes. And if they are trying to make you testify against your husband, you complete the fifth and you can walk away, and then that's just the way it goes in a legal sense.
Speaker 2: But all right, cool.
Speaker 1: The first set of files released last month included numerous pictures of Bill Clinton, who was also not accused of any wrongdoing. A bit okay. Clinton said he cut ties with Epstein, the late sex offender, before Epstein was accused of having sex with a minor in two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: That is actually very, very inaccurate.
Speaker 1: There's actually quite a paper trail to show that the Clintons were very close with him up until two thousand and nine, and even some might argue into the twenty teens. When the Clintons left office, they were broke, like they were broke broke, so they had to do something to make some money. Yeah, they could have wrote some books and whatever, but at the time Bill was still kind of living an infamy from the who Lewinsky situation. So what did they do. They called their homeboy, Jeff, and he put them on a speaking tour that was paying big money for both of them. As a matter of fact, cut to Killery later on became a Secretary of State under Obama in the twenty teens, which the whole reason why she even stayed relevant in that, although she did run against him at one point for the Democratic nomination, whatever was because she was still making her rounds on the speaking circuits and Jeff Epstein is the one that made sure that they were getting their paychecks. So yeah, to say there's no connection past six, I'm sorry, that's like mathematically paper trail bank statements. That is an incorrect statement. But anyway, The Justice Department set in a court filing last week that more than two million Epstein files have yet to be released. The statutory deadline to release all the files was December nineteenth. Okay, so that's the first article we have on the Clintons, and then again we're talking ABC News now. Clintons say now is the time to fight for this country as they targeted, as they were being targeted for contempt. I wanted to play this one as well. See how that compares in contrast to what the last article said.
Speaker 12: The extraordinary standoff between the Clintons and congressional Republicans. The chair of the GOP led House Oversight Committee moving forward with the unprecedented step of trying to hold former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in contempt of Congress for defying subpoenas from an investigation into convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Bill Clinton skipping his scheduled testimony yesterday and Hillary Clinton expected to do the same today.
Speaker 4: No one's accused of Bill Clinton of any wrongdoing. We just have questions, and that's why the Democrats voted along with Republicans to subpoenavill.
Speaker 12: Clinton standing alongside two Republicans who themselves defied subpoenas from the House. January sixth, Committee Oversite Chair James Comer, promising his panel will take contempt votes next week, but an escathing four page letter the Clinton's calling the investigation partisan and the subpoenas legally invalid, writing, the committee's probe is supposed to be directed at the government's handling of the Epstein case, all while you have done nothing with your oversight capacity to force the Department of Justice to follow the law and release all of its Epstein files, adding, every person has to decide when they have seen or had enough and are ready to fight for this country, its principles, and its people, no matter the consequences.
Speaker 2: For us.
Speaker 12: Now is that time Bill Clinton was friendly with Epstein in the nineties and early two thousands. No Epstein survivor has ever accused the former president of wrongdoing, and both Clinton's have denied knowledge of Epstein's crimes, writing to the Committee, we have tried to give you the little information we have. We've done so because mister Epstein's crimes were horrific.
Speaker 1: So I'm just going to ask a quick question here. Anybody feel free to unmute yourself if you know the answer to this. What year was Jeffrey Epstein arrested?
Speaker 2: Anybody?
Speaker 5: Which time?
Speaker 8: Wasn't it two thousand and six?
Speaker 1: Well, two thousand and six is the first time, yes, and that's when he got the lightest of sweet hard deals ever. But the time he actually got arrested for good? Anybody remember what year that was?
Speaker 8: Twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 1: In twenty sixteen he was actually arrested, but then he was sentenced in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 11: That sounds accurate. Sounds like yeah, it sounds it out ballpark?
Speaker 2: Okay, So just and correct me if I'm wrong. Here?
Speaker 1: Who was the Secretary of State in twenty sixteen? Hilly and correct me if I'm wrong. But the Virgin Islands and Little Saint James, which is Little Saint Thomas is little island is a part of the US territory. Correct, I believe, sir, So just gonna throw this out.
Speaker 13: Who comes out bad way? John Kerry was twenty sixteen. Hillary Clinton I think exited in twenty twelve or twenty eleven, right after Libya.
Speaker 2: She left because of Benghazi. Yeah, that's right. And then Carrie stepped in. Damn, Damn.
Speaker 1: I was trying to draw a connection there, but Damn I was off by a few years. Fuck well, it'd be like that anyway. I still do believe that they had full knowledge of his quote unquote wrongdoings. I'm not even gonna say quote unquote him being a real motherfucker here. They fully were aware of it, They fully knew about it.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, them being subpoened and brought in for questioning on this, I don't even think this is a crazy point to make, honestly.
Speaker 11: I mean, I mean, there was a portrait of Bill Clinton in a blue dress on the island, so obviously both Bill Clinton and I imagine his wife probably had a good idea what was going on, just a hunch.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: And then there's also so many pictures of Bill Clinton with Epstein, Like we saw a couple of them in those clips. There's pictures of Bill with young women sitting on his lap with their faces redacted because those women are victims, confirm victims of Jeff Epstein. So again I'm having a real hard time seeing has he has one of the victims sitting on his lap in pictures like I'm there's gonna be a connection here. Yeah, and again, the House isn't even saying that they definitely were involved in any kind of wrongdoing. They're just want to ask them some questions, and they are trying to throw all the legalies they can out there to say, Nah, bro, they ain't us. You can't you can't make a show up. You can't even make your show up. So like whatever, it's it's unlawful, it's it's unprecedented, it's whatever. Dude.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hope they see their day in court.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this pretty much just reiterates what we already read about. So I'm not gonna I'm not gonna bore everybody with another iteration of it. But yeah, anyway, moving on to another shithead politician here. California Governor Newsom says he's blocking Louisiana's push to extradite doctor accused of mailing abortion pills. Yeah. I had just found this article and I was like, you know what, this is probably going to be a decent one to talk about. Let's get there. Newsom said, extra diagnot the doctor would have violated an executive order he signed in twenty twenty two. Barring state agencies in his administration from assisting other states' efforts to prosecute abortion providers. Man fuck Gavin Newsom. Oh, let's get into it here. So, California Governor Newsom said Wednesday he was blocking Louisiana's attempt to extradite a doctor in the Golden State accused of mailing abortion pills. The Democrat governor's announcement comes a day after Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry shout Out said he sent the extradition paperwork in an effort to bring the physician to justice. Louisiana has some of the strictest anti abortion laws in the country, while California law aims to protect abortion providers from criminal prosecution for treating out of state patients. See, this is the problem. This is the problem. If this person wanted that, they could have gone to California and gotten the procedure, the pills, or whatever else. If it's happening in California, that's a California problem. If it's happening in Louisiana, that's a Louisiana problem. So yeah, this is this absolutely within the rights. But let's get into it here. The Democratic governor's announcement. Oh, we already said that one. I'm sorry, Newsom said. Extrading to the doctor would have violated an executive order he signed in twenty twenty two barring state agencies in his administration from assisting other states' efforts to prosecute abortion providers. Once again, an executive order in California for his states' efforts to prosecute these providers. We're not talking about that. This is a Louisiana thing. That's ridiculous out loud, but okay. We will not allow extremist politicians from other states to reach into California and try to punish doctors based on allegations that they provided reproductive health care service. That's I really don't like the verbiage that this cunt is using. I'm gonna be honest with you, but all right, not today, not fit, he says. Landers's office did not immediately respond to your request for comment on Newsom's announcement. Louisiana was pushing to extradite remy quoita koee taokoe too quoito koto fuck. I don't know a physician in San Francisco Bay Area, Louisiana Attorney General Liz Murrel said Tuesday that Cotex faced a criminal charge of abortion by means of abortation inducing drugs and risking risk, spending up to fifty years in jail if convicted. An email and telephone message seeking comment on Tuesday from cotexs on the extradition push went unanswered. So I guess we'll see how this shakes out. But essentially, yeah, they're not talking about extraditing somebody.
Speaker 2: For the principle of it.
Speaker 1: They're saying that, Yo, you're doing California things in Louisiana and we don't like it.
Speaker 2: We'll see how that shakes out.
Speaker 1: Be completely honest with you, I hope that his ass comes here and gets the justice, but I guess we'll say, we'll have to see. Moving all, let's talk about Trump, that's talking about shitead politicians. Let's talk about this, And I actually I want to hear y'all's opinions on this one, because depending on which side of the aisle you lean more towards. Some people are saying that this is an amazing idea for America. It's gonna help us and all these things, and other people are saying that this is going to basically lead to a recession and into more inflation and all these things. So I'm not an economist. I've never claimed to be. I barely understand how the math be math in half the time.
Speaker 2: Right, But that.
Speaker 1: Being said, should the Fed cut interest rates to make it cheaper for the federal government to borrow? Now, they're not talking about just cutting interest rates for the federal government. They're talking about cutting interest rates for everybody, for us. Right, he is trying to cut it down to one percent, which would be dope. But the other side of that is this could lead to inflation, and some have said that this could also lead to economic collapse. I don't know, but I would love to hear everybody's opinion on this. As we read in here. President Trump has said repeatedly that he wants the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates to bring down the cost of the large and growing federal debt. In June twenty twenty five, the Truth Social post that he made said, if too late Federal Chair Jerome Powell and the Fed would cut we would greatly reduce interest rates long and short on debt, and that is coming due. He is costing our country. If fortune borrowing costs should be much lower, he said another truth social post in July of twenty twenty five, FED should cut rates by three points very low inflation, one trillion dollars a year would be saved. Okay, I'm not sure that math is accurate, but fair enough. The Wall Street Journal reported in December of twenty twenty five, so just a few weeks ago, after an interview with the president, quote asked where he wants interest rate to be a year from now, Trump said one percent and maybe lower than that. He said rate cuts would help the US Treasury reduce the cost of financing thirty trillion dollars in government debt. The federal government does spend a lot on interest, about nine hundred and seventy billion dollars in the fiscal year of twenty twenty five, which, just so we're all clear here was about three point two of America's GDP. So three point two percent of our GDP was spent just on interest on our own debts. Okay, not a big fan of that, but I'm also not a big fan of the amount of debt that we have accrued. So I mean, I get that this is a double handed sword here or a double edged sword or and fourteen percent of all federal outlays. So over the past several years, it benefited from issuing bonds during a period of very low interest rates. On average, it is paying three point three percent on its debt, but bond market interest rates have been rising. CBO estimates estimates. It's rather that if all interest rates, including those three month Treasury bills and ten year Treasury notes, were zero point one percentage point higher each year than they are in the CBO's economic forecast, rising government net interest costs would cause deficits to exceed the agency's baseline projections by three hundred and fifty one billion dollars or one point six percent over the twenty twenty six to twenty.
Speaker 2: Thirty five period.
Speaker 1: Damn. This post explains why the Fed and most economists believe that making the treasury borrow cheaper should not be the FED subjective. Okay, So before we get into this, I would love to hear if anybody has an opinion on this, or if somebody understands economics a little bit better than I do. Is cutting the federal interest rates positive or negative for America as a whole?
Speaker 13: Okay, personally, I think we need higher interest rates. I think Trump's wrong. This is short term thinking to boost and goose the economy.
Speaker 2: All right, explain all this.
Speaker 1: Why do interest rates need to be higher in your perspective.
Speaker 13: I think natural interest rates should be around six percent per year. If you borrow a dollar, you should have to pay about a dollar and six cents to back after a year and most the Federal Reserve and the government do have quite an incestuous relationship. So the Federal Reserve gets its authority from Congress from an Act from nineteen thirteen, and the President appoints the chairman, and it's actually twelve banks, but effectively it's just one, and their decisions are usually unanimous, with the Fed chair appointed by the President. But anyway, normally the Federal Reserve ends up printing way more money than it should be printing to keep interest rates low so that people can borrow money easily, and this results in too much of a booming economy in the short term at the expense of a big recession or depression that comes later. This is called Austrian business cycle theory. If anyone wants to look that up, if they haven't already heard of it, named after Austrian economists like Ludwig vun Misus and yeah, Trump Nixon fell into the same trap. He just really wanted to win the next election and instituted a lot of you know, price and wage controls on the one side, and also printed a bunch of money which led to huge interest rate explosions later in the seventies when mortgage rates were like seventeen eighteen percent per year. So, yeah, you can't be forcing the interest rates low by just printing a bunch of money. When you introduce a bunch of money into the banking system or buy a bunch of treasury bonds with it with new money, that does keep interest rates throughout the economy low for the short term, but it's going to result in a massive misallocation of capital and you know, a huge market bubble in the dot com bubble or real estate bubble, or maybe an AI bus which we may be in right now, and then one day, you know, all those stock prices are going to collapse and the loans can't be paid back, and yeah, we need higher interest rates. The Federal Reserve can lower them temporarily for like the two thousand and eight recession, but they want to get what they call a soft landing where they eventually re equilibrate to like three to six percent. Trump wants to reduce it right now to goose the economy, but that's the wrong thing to do, and we're all going to pay for it massively later. That's my opinion.
Speaker 1: I'm not disagreeing with you. My next question is, just like you said, Nixon tried doing this. I think Reagan even tried doing this to a lesser degree, but these were, like you said, to try to get everybody on their side for a re election. That's typically why presidents have done this in the past. Trump doesn't have his sites on another election cycle, or at least he hasn't made that public. If I don't know, maybe he'll try for a third time and all the legalities and things that go with that. But what would be his motive behind this? Just to boost the economy in the short term and say, look what I did. I'm out of here, doup and it's no longer his problem because he's still a business.
Speaker 13: I think Republicans are going to have a bad midterm election, but it would be even worse if the economy really sucked. I think that's his calculation.
Speaker 1: But okay, even with that being said, nobody actually takes the mid terms very seriously. They they talk a big game on all the mainstream media things, and the politicians are always talking about it. It's typically a wash. It's typically a pendulum swing, and then this midterm election is going to go this way, the next one goes this way. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't like actually account for a fart in the win, doesn't it.
Speaker 13: Yeah? I agree. It normally just goes against whichever party controls the presidency. I think it always does. I don't think there's any exceptions to that. So he could just he should just accept that, and he should want higher interest rates. But politicians don't want to think long term. They want to think short term and just maximize the short term. I think that's just the problem here.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Okay, Well, let's read in a little bit here and see if what Tony is saying is what the economists are saying here. If the Fed were to set the short term interest rate, that is the primary tool, lower than necessary to achieve its congressional mandated goals of maximum employment and price stability, history suggests that the likely result would be an unwelcome inflation. Lower rates tend to stimulate borrowing and faster economic growth, and when demand grows faster than supply, prices rise. In the latter part of the twentieth century, Argentina, Brazil, and Israel suffered high inflation when their central bank kept issuing or interest rates low at a time of large budget deficits. Lessons of history are stark, especially when central banks are focused or excuse me, or forced to help finance budget deficits by keeping interest rates too low. Former Fed share Ben Barnacneki.
Speaker 13: He was during the two thousand and eight points.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, fair so, Ben Bernanki said in a recent Hutchins Center video, added former FED Chair Janet Yellen in the same video, the result has almost always been high and sustained inflation.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 2: So that is what the math does in this.
Speaker 1: Regard, So has the Federal Has the Fed ever explicitly suppressed interest rates to lower federal borrowing costs? Yes, the Fed put out a point three seven five ceiling on short term treasury securities and a two point five percent ceiling on thirty year bonds during World War II to maintain that rate. As the Treasury borrowed more, the FED bought more treasury securities to keep interest rates from rising. When the war ended, the FED gradually allowed rates to rise. But November nineteen fifty, with the Korean War beginning, President Truman asked the FED to reaffirm its commitment to keep long rates below two point five percent. The FED balked. The result was the March nineteen fifty one Treasury Fed Accord, which freed the FED to set rates as it deemed appropriate to manage the economy. Wow, so this this all goes back to fuck the Korean War. I didn't know this.
Speaker 13: I wish I understood this a little better. Somebody like Bob Murphy would be perfect to talk to on this. But basically, the Federal Reserve prints a bunch of money when the government asks them to to, and that gooses the economy, keeps interest rates low so people can borrow money easily and normally. Wartime is the main excuse the government gives from why it needs the Federal Reserve to be able to do this. Well, if we go to war, we don't have to be reliant on selling war bonds. We want to be able to just print what we need and even Milton Friedman back in the eighties said, oh, yeah, we need the Federal Reserve for this reason. But more radical libertarians that definitely believe that we don't need a federal reserver or central banking system at all.
Speaker 2: I see, I see their talking points.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't inherently agree with all of them. I do believe the taxation is theft, but I also like, that's that's what happens. You're never going to live somewhere where you're not paying some sort of an extortion fee for living there. That's the law of the land, and it has been since the very beginning of time, you know what I mean. At least we're living in the superpower on Earth, and I'm good with that.
Speaker 13: But I mean, also, yeah, the founders were really skeptical of central banking. That we got the first national bank that lasted twenty years and then it went away, and then the second National Bank from something like eighteen sixteen to eighteen thirty something. Andrew Jackson made that one go away. But and we did have a relatively free banking system where the dollar was just pegged to a quantity of gold. The Civil War kind of ruined that for a lo little while, but the country kind of got back on track after the Civil War, and then nineteen thirteen is when the Federal Reserve came into existence, and there was the whole bimetallism question at that time too, which I don't fully understand. I can't do justice to it. But basically, the dollar was very stable in the eighteen hundreds and the early twentieth century, and now like a dollar can buy you only what like one or two pennies could have bought you back in nineteen thirteen, right, and it's only gonna get worse. And by the way, even nickels now it costs like six point two cents to make a nickel, and.
Speaker 1: We're going to be the next year to drop absolute I actually don't think they're gonna take away the nickel.
Speaker 2: I think there's going to do away with all coinage, honestly.
Speaker 1: Which in one regard sucks, but in another regard, my coin collection value is kind of ghost sky high, and I'm kind of here for that in my own personal selfish reasons. But yeah, I hear you a hundred percent, and I wish that we would go back to a gold backed currency. I don't like the fiat currency. I don't like how it's basically an open traded it's a stock and it can go up and down depending on the market and depending on the Fed, and depending on the reserve, and depending on how it compares against other people's currencies. I am not a fan of that whatsoever. But yeah, every president that's tried to get us back on the gold standard has ended up with a bullet in their heads. So there may be reasons why the people at the top want to stay that way. Not trying to go conspiratorial, but that is there's definitely a historical precedence for that one. But as we are talking about this, I have actually never given the shameless plug on the Cage to Night. But as we're talking about this, if anybody listening to the Cage Night, we'll have to get your start in the buying and selling and trading of gold and silver bullion. Then go to cocsilver dot com. The link is in the description below, because as we're talking about these things, literally to your point, Tony, when we started this affiliate program with coc Silver, this coin costs a little over thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: It's one troy ounce of pure soil.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's over eighty five dollars for this coin and we've only been an affiliate of theirs for a year, a little over a year. I mean we're talking a few weeks here. Just in that one span of time, the dollar is going up down and doing all that shit. Silver and gold have always maintained a value. I think it's a wise investment anyway. I know that there's more aggressive investment opportunities that you could do, right, And I was talking to shit. I think I was talking to my dad about this as a matter of fact, and they were looking at if you were to put your money just in a mid level or even a low risk of financial investment portfolio, you would have gained more money in a twenty year span than if you would invest in precious metals. And I get that, However, that financial system can collapse because there's always an event like a bubble, There's always an event like a nine to eleven. There's always an event that can happen right around the corner, and your whole nest egg just got ripped out from under you. Meanwhile, silver and gold are always going to be rocked. I love them. I love these these backings anyway, Uh, Sam, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Brother, I was I was gonna say about the gold did we got took off of that so that we could get put on the the Federal Reserve money situation the Greenbacks in nineteen twelve, which was why they used the Titanic.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's that's the conspiracy for sure.
Speaker 8: But that which was even referenced in the movie. But it's funny.
Speaker 7: You're talking about how they're gonna get rid of the the coins. Does that Does that mean that the Rednecks that the it would be more valuable per shot if we used a porter nickel.
Speaker 8: Rounds with segage you all.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna melt down a quarter to make a slug to go in your twelve gage, you.
Speaker 7: Pack the packed them into the thing. You make a quarter shot that way. It still acts like it'll spread out like bird and butt. But it's fucking coins.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Like if you were to take the no, that's way more expensive. I haven't priced shotgun shells in a while. I just go buy a box whenever I go hunting. But if you're looking at the price per show, no, I hear you.
Speaker 2: But you're reloading them with quarters.
Speaker 1: So like, even if you're putting like four quarters in there, you're putting like a dollar worth of shot lead is going to be cheaper than the quarter. That's that's an expensive action.
Speaker 8: Get rid of the coins when they get rid.
Speaker 1: Of I know these these little nine mills that I have that are silver. These are like fucking fifteen bucks a pop. But I mean it's a silver nine mil bullet.
Speaker 2: What I'm gonna do? I got a whole I got two mags full.
Speaker 8: I mean I gotta. I guess a Canadian.
Speaker 7: Nickel it's five cents, has a beaver on it.
Speaker 8: I wonder how much it would be actually worth if you go off of the weight.
Speaker 1: Is it actual silver?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 8: It's Canada nineteen seventy nine. It has a beaver on it.
Speaker 2: Look into it. I mean it might be.
Speaker 8: All knows that it has a young Elizabeth the second, so she's dead. It gotta be worth something.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe, no doubt. Let's get into this.
Speaker 1: What about quantitative easing, which I think is what you were talking about earlier Tony. Most of the time the FED sets very short term interest rates and lets the bond market move longer term interest rates, which depend on the market's expectations about the economy, inflation and the federal deficit, and the federal short term interest rates. But when the FED short term interest rates hit zero during the global financial crisis of eight nine and during the COVID pandemic, the FED policymakers decided the economy needed more stimulus. The FED brought trillions in long term treasuries and mortgage based securities in what is called quote unquote quantitative easing or QE, with the stated objective of lowering long term interest rates. And although saving the treasury money was not the reason for the QE, it did have that effect. Okay, so what does economists mean by fiscal dominance. Fiscal dominance occurs when government borrowing is so large that the central bank is pressured to keep interest rates low to reduce the government's borrowing costs, even if the economic conditions call for higher interest rates. Fiscal dominance is a is dangerous because it typically results in higher and more volatile inflation or politically driven business cycles. That's what Yellen said at the January twenty twenty five American Economic Association meeting. When the central bank is constrained from raising rates or shrinking it it's balance sheets because that would increase debt service or trigger fiscal stress. Inflation expectations may become unanchored. Households and firms may come to expect that inflation is the path of least resistance for managing high debts. Once such expectations take hold, stabilizing prices become significantly more costly. Fiscal dominance is also likely to raise term premium and borrowing costs as investors become concerned that the government will rely on inflation or financial repression to manage its debts. In addition, a central bank that is perceived as an arm of the treasury may have less space to act forcefully in a crisis. For all those reasons, avoiding fiscal dominance has been a central objective of modern central banking framework.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, I'm I hear both sides.
Speaker 1: I see why Trump would want to lower these interest rates.
Speaker 2: To stimulate and help boost things and all of this. I get it.
Speaker 1: But I also hear what the Fed is saying, right, doing this with the interest rates will screw us over. Maybe not now, maybe not a year from now, but maybe five years from now, maybe ten years from now, I don't know, But that also is very subjective based off of the world economics at that time, right, and how our dollar compares to everything else, and what our debt looks like at that time.
Speaker 2: So I hear it on both ends here.
Speaker 1: So how much higher or how much could in higher inflation lower the cost of debt? How much could higher inflation lower the costs of debt? Okay? For many debt ors, inflation is a plus, y'all. Bet it allows them to pay back their loans with cheaper dollars. But inflation wouldn't do much to lighten the burden of the federal government's debt. Two reasons. One, much of the federal government's the debt is short term. When it matures, it will be replaced by debt at then current interest rates, and those rates will be higher if there's more inflation. About twenty two percent of the debt outstanding matures in a year or less. The weighted average maturity of federal debt is under six years. Wow. And number two, the government is running big debt deficits, so it has to borrow more every year at current interest rates. Yeah, I also don't I understand the whole running the country in a deficit. And again, I'm not an economist, I'm not a math guy, and I get that it It doesn't make sense to me out loud.
Speaker 2: Okay, I own a business. I own, I own two of them.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, if I was to go to my bank or my or even my accountant and tell them, hey, bro, I am gonna start running my business in a deficit and we're just gonna use that moving forward so that I can be a little more flexible when curveballs come and shit hits the fan, because we've we both know that's gonna come, you know what I'm saying. So I'm just gonna run it in a deficit and it's just gonna work out in the long run. I think my accountant might actually quit on me, like out loud, I don't think my boy would stay my boy at that point. And I understand that we're talking about a small business as opposed to a actual nation.
Speaker 2: I understand there's some some differences here.
Speaker 1: It's not apples stole oranges, but out loud, that makes no fucking sense to me. If we have the ability to run in a surplus, why don't we and We do have that ability, right. The last time we ran in a surplus was during the dot com bubble, and I understand the dot com bubble was the reason for the surplus, I get it. But we have the capability to do that now, especially with the amount of industry we have in this country. Why must we run in a deficit it I don't know. Anyway, I don't want to spend too much time on this one, but I did want to bring up the fact that Trump is talking about cutting interest rates.
Speaker 2: He's talking about one percent, if.
Speaker 1: Not lower, So be on the lookout for what that might mean on the nationwide, if not global scale, as far as debts and money and inflation and all of these things are concerned. I thought it was worth mentioning on this episode. Moving on here, I wanted to give an update on what's going down with Maduro right, So in Venezuela Live updates, multiple detained Americans have been released. The State Department says, you know what, let's go ahead and play this little quick video talking about some of these things.
Speaker 14: Now to the new report on a US strike against an alleged drug voat, detailing how the military may have disguised its plane as Ciciclian aircraft in a way that violated the laws of war. Chief Global Affairs anchor Martha Ratits says the story, good morning, Martha.
Speaker 15: Good morning George. This morning. More controversy over that US strike on a suspected drug boat last September, where survivors clinging to the boat who were killed, legal experts saying that may have violated the laws of war. Now The New York Times is reporting that there may have been an additional violation of the law. According to The Times, the US military aircraft used in the stripe was painted to look like a civilian plane. The Times also says the plane carried munitions in its fuselage that were not visible under its wings. This raises questions about whether or not the United States committed what is called perfidy, which prevents combatants from intentionally fooling adversaries into believing they are civilians. President Trump has said that the United States is engaged in an armed conflict with drug cartels, and the paper sites one former JAG officer saying that if the aircraft disguised its military nature and got close enough for people on the boat to see it, they may have failed to realize they should take evasive action or surrender to survive, which could be a war crime under armed conflict standards. A White House spokesperson told The Times that the strike was fully consistent with the law of armed conflict, and the Pentagon telling the paper the US military utilizes a wide array of standard and non standard aircraft depending on mission requirements. Adding prior to the fielding and employment of each aircraft, they go through a rigorous procurement process to ensure compliance with domestic law, Department policies and regulations, and applicable international standards, including the law of armed conflict. But all of this definitely prompting new questions, guys, definitely.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm not one hundred percent on this. I hear what they're saying as far as perfidy, Okay, got you. If they put bombs on like a bow in seven forty seven or something like that, yeah, that's absolutely against the rules here. But to say that bombs were not attached to the wings and they were internal, most of our bombers drop ordinance in that manner. So I I'm not.
Speaker 2: Sure one hundred percent what they mean by this.
Speaker 1: If it is true that they were using a civilian aircraft with no identifying markers to show that it was a military aircraft. That that's the conversation, right, that they may actually have a leg to stand on on this one if it was a plane that the Venezuelans or even the boat itself couldn't identify because they don't have adequate radar systems to be able to tell what that is or something like that. And I'm not trying to take this opportunity to shit on Venezuela. I'm saying, if for whatever reason their radar didn't see it or didn't properly identify it, but it was by I view identifiable, then this is blown in the water. Wow, puns, puns, y'all.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's talk about it here, so depose.
Speaker 1: Venezuelan Prime President Nicholas Muduro and his wife appeared in federal court in New York last week following their capture by the US forces in a military operation Venezuela, capital of Caracas. Following the operation, President Trump said that the US would run Venezuela for an unspecified period of time. Venezuelan Vice President Delse Rodriguez has been sworn in as interim leader to lead the country. Since the operation to capture Maduro, Trump has also issued threats against Cuba, Columbia, and Mexico.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. DOJ releases legal rationale from a dureau operation. Okay.
Speaker 1: The Department of Justice released a redacted opinion and a redacted opinion from its Office of Legal Council Interesting on Tuesday that laid out the legal justification for the US operation to arrest Nicholas Maduro and remove him from Caracas. The Justice Department document defined the operation as an active armed conflict to be found it within the president's unilateral constitutional authority.
Speaker 2: Fairfair.
Speaker 1: The opinion said that the DOJ was briefed and assumed that there is no contingency plan to engage in any substantial and sustained operation in Venezuela. Well, that's good. Hopefully they don't put boots on the ground and have some sort of like an actual forward offensive into Venezuela.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody would benefit from that, but all right.
Speaker 1: The legal memo was transmitted to the National Security Council on December twenty second, roughly two weeks before the operation, and signed by the Assistant Attorney General. Some senators viewed the opinion behind Closed Doors earlier Tuesday, with their views of its quality split among party lines. So now let's talk about this. Multiple Americans detained of Venezuela have been released. Multiple Americans released. The State Department said on two day. We welcome the release of detained Americans of Venezuela. This is an important step in the right direction by the interim authorities, the State Department spokesperson said on Tuesday. So yeah, for anybody who's been paying attention, some of these American citizens that happened to be in Venezuela at the time were detained by the government after the Maduro snatch and grab operation took place, and now they're been released, which is very smart for them. It's very smart. This marks the release of detained Americans since the ouster of former President Nicholas Maduro. Okay, anyway, let's see show more if I can find more. President Trump said that on Sunday that Venezuela had started the process in a big way of releasing their political prisoners. Very good, anyway, I didn't want to bring up that at least. So Maduro he's in jail, he has been he's had his day in court. As far as what he's being arrested for, he has pled not guilty to all charges. He's still being held in New York as of this moment. They haven't given him any kind of verdict just yet. He will see what happens. I still find it incredibly interesting that they took his wife with him. Typically, when you go and do a snatch and grab operation, you're just going after the guy. You're going after the HVT, right, the high value target. To bring his wife along with him. This and again, I'm not trying to go into the conspiratorial talking points, but I can't not hear this leads me to believe that he knew they were coming, and he cut a deal with them, and he went willingly.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This could completely be out of left field and completely based in nonsense, but I could you imagine that if the Trump for instance, let's say the Democrats win the next election and they fry him alive for all of his you know.
Speaker 2: Things that he's done that they hate. All right?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 1: Could you also see them arresting Millennia for what? What does she do? She was the first lady? Unless you have some sort of documented proof that she was involved in all the buffoonery here in the chicanery, why would she.
Speaker 2: Get arrested too.
Speaker 1: And it's not to make him a more compliant prisoner by any means. I'm just saying, I think that there was a little bit more to the story than what we're being led to believe. And then, oh, my god, the stories y'all, the stories about these energy wave attacks that uh that the security guards suffered through. They were knocked out and they all had nosebleeds and concussions and all this, And dude, I read so many of these first hand accounts. I'm gonna be honest with you, Although it is possible, there's very it's very possible that this took place.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't really. For instance, I'll give you a just for instance. Here the dude who was.
Speaker 1: Saying that they heard a high pitched, whining noise and then he, you know, he just collapsed and he woke up with a migraine and his noses bleed, and he's trying to claim that now he's got like cancer or something, who knows, who knows. He also said that out of nowhere, all we knew is the there was no planes in the sky. The radars went down inexplicably. And then it's like, yeah, because America has this thing called a growler, and that's what it does. It knocks out radars like out of nowhere. That's the whole purpose of it. But okay, Then it sounded like there was weapons firing at three hundred rounds a minute, y'all. The saw the squad automatic weapon. My baby fires at twelve hundred rounds a minute. But the three hundred rounds a minute is not a that's not a very high bar to say that, Like they're using advanced weapons, like most most weapons that fire in a fully automatic fashion can go over three hundred a minute.
Speaker 2: Throwing that out here, but okay, whatever.
Speaker 1: Then he's talking about the nosebleeds and the migraines and he on hundred of them got knocked out all at once, and it's like, ah, are we sure about that? Are we sure you didn't just kind of get scared and hide and now you're coming up with a story to make up for your blatant disregard of your position and abandoning your post. I don't know that sounds a little more credible to me now again, is it possible that we use some sort of a sonic weapon on these people.
Speaker 2: It's very possible. It's possible.
Speaker 1: I'm also not mad at that because the alternative is, Okay, you have a migreen and a nosebleed, or you took a three hundred blackout to your dome. I honestly think that this was actually the more humane way to go about it. If they really did use sonic weapons on these people, I don't know. I guess more information will come out as the week's go on, But anyway, we'll keep everybody updated on what's going on with Maduro as the things go forward. Now, let's talk Greenland, y'all. Let's talk Greenland. Last year, Trump had made mentions that he wanted greenland, America needs greenland for reasons and things.
Speaker 2: And stuff and all the shit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, I thought that he was joking a little bit, kind of flexing's kind of putting his dick on the table to see who noticed. It appears, as of this moment, members of the retinue that Trump was not joking, he was not bluffing, that he really really wants greenland and the day and I'm also pulling this up here because CNN is saying one thing and Fox is saying another about the exact same situation. And I think that it's interesting and very important for us as well informed individuals to look at the full picture and to see the mainstream media spinning the narrative into the wild assertions that they're making. Before I get into it, Royce, go ahead, brother.
Speaker 5: Good question.
Speaker 11: So no, just a quick question, because notoriously, CNN obviously is very left wing. Fox went well, I don't know if I would call Fox so much rightly. Are definitely not as right as what they used to be. What is your opinion about newsbacks because they obviously they claim to be more middle But I haven't done a whole lot of research, but I know that my aunt watches it like almost twenty four to seven, So I'm just kind of curious.
Speaker 2: About that.
Speaker 1: It depends on the talking point, and if we're talking about their literature, it depends on who wrote the article. I'm be honest with you, dude, and I wish god if ground News is listening, please give me a sponsorship. I love your product. Ground News is a website that will show you all of the articles left right, center, all the stuff, and they'll also show you this publication or this news outlet is traditionally more this way or that way, left of center, center, right of center, far right, far left, whatever the case is. I like ground News a lot for at least giving everybody that uh that lends to look through Uh Newsmax, I want to say, is a little bit more left of center.
Speaker 2: But I could be wrong, could be wrong.
Speaker 11: So I'll tell you this.
Speaker 16: As far as their political sphere, they are very, very very pro Trump, which I mean, I understand it.
Speaker 11: But there are.
Speaker 16: A few pundits that are like they love sucking his dick, and I'm like, I just I just get into item, like please just shut the hell up, Like just.
Speaker 1: Am I getting them confused with another publication. To be honest with you, Newsmax might be very conservative. I'm unfamiliar as at this moment.
Speaker 11: Okay, fine, so like then there's one American nation. I know that, but yeah, so Newsmax there are a few.
Speaker 5: Just very yeah.
Speaker 11: It just it's almost disgusting.
Speaker 5: It's like I think, Uh news Max is trash. Ground News is the way to go.
Speaker 2: Hex head on, brother, is this your first time jumping on the cage and Night Live.
Speaker 17: It's like second or third time. Yeah, but first time I actually said anything.
Speaker 1: Fuck Yeah, well welcome, welcome, And okay, so you said Newsmax is trash, give us the breakdown here.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of unfamiliar with them.
Speaker 17: News Max is just it's almost like just a knockoff of Fox News. But it's uh, it's just crappy, crappy reporting. Ground News is the way to go. Yeah, you can see everything.
Speaker 5: There's no I don't know, there's no bias on ground News.
Speaker 1: Well, at least they show you what the bias.
Speaker 2: Is right, exactly exactly, and at.
Speaker 1: Least I'll appreciate that if I know what I'm about to read is super left leaning, Okay, I know what I'm getting into, and I'll still read it at least with that that knowledge in the back pocket. But yeah, ground News they're they're putting in the lord's work in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Oh man, yeah, yep.
Speaker 17: And Newsmax, their their app and their website are just total crap.
Speaker 5: And it's slow and just I mean it's dial up. It's almost dial up shit.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, there we have it, I suppose. And then even still as we're talking about that, Trump arrangement syndrome is a real thing on both sides of the aisle, And it sounds like the people in Newsmax have it on that side where your boy can do no wrong, everything he does is from Jesus himself. Then you also have the people like this on CNN that believe that every single thing Trump does is clearly satanically uh, you know, motivated. So take that for what it is.
Speaker 5: Yep, he's killing kitts, He's.
Speaker 1: Killing them all yeah. Anyway, all right, so let's get into it here. So the Danish officials say there's a fundamental disagreement with the US over Greenland. Uh, you know what, let's let's just read into it here. So what we're covering here tensions over Greenland. Leaders from Denmark and Greenland said a fundamental disagreement persists with the Trump administration over the future of the territory, following their meeting with Vice President Jade Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio. Today's meeting came after President Trump said anything less than US control of Greenland is unacceptable. Yo. Trump is using some very uh using some very hardline words as far as this goes. He wants Greenland bad, which he's saying that it is a matter of national security. I've I have never I don't think I've ever heard of president say we must take over this sovereign land as a matter of national security in quite some time, quite some time. Right, I'm not talking about Iraq. He was talking about deposing Saddam. We weren't talking about taking over Iraq. We didn't take over Afghanistanford, That's that was different. These were operations. He's talking about buying it, and they actually did a numbers crunch seven hundred billion dollars to buy Greenland. Now that's kind of crazy to me that enough economists got together was like, hey, you know what, this giant iceberg with only a few thousands inhabitants, seven hundred billion would be a fair asking price for it. And then the people of Denmark are like, yo, it's not for fucking sale. And I just have a weird feeling that Trump's gonna be like, I mean, there's everybody's got a price. I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is God, It's a weird time to be alive.
Speaker 1: Sam, I see your hand, brother, go ahead.
Speaker 18: Does that mean that instead of does that mean we're gonna get if we if they don't want to sell it and Trump's gonna be this big swinging dick of America, does that mean that we're gonna have to start issuing all.
Speaker 10: We're gonna start fighting in the Arctic night they wanted to in World War Two.
Speaker 2: I don't think that would be a very good idea.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be.
Speaker 8: Honest say it was a good idea.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's nice.
Speaker 19: You don't you don't invade Russia doing fucking winter and this is winter twenty four fucking seven.
Speaker 2: It's an icy hellskate.
Speaker 1: Bro Their population somebody correct me on this one. It's under one hundred thousand. It's like fifty six thousand or some shit.
Speaker 17: Fifty fifty seven thousand, fifty six fifty seven thousand.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about there. We have more marines in the infantry then they have citizens of that nation.
Speaker 8: See is it?
Speaker 2: Is it Glendon or Iceland.
Speaker 10: That has like there's this big ass vault there that has like all the virusis and shit of the Greenland.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and this is what we're trying to buy.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, but there's there's more strategic reasons for it than just that. Although that is a thing. So Historically speaking, if you look back in the Cold War, when we didn't have the satellite technology that we have now, we had a series of radar bases in basically a straight line across Greenland because we were expecting Soviet subs or Soviet ships or Soviet plans to make their way across the North Pole essentially and attack us from up top. So we had these radar stations set up all over Greenland and it wasn't in an invasion sense. We ridged the land as we do every other nation that we have a military base, outposts and all these things.
Speaker 2: We rent the land.
Speaker 1: Everybody benefits all the things, all the stuff we abandon them. If I'm not mistaken, in the mid seventies or early eighties, I forget when the last one was finally decommissioned. But my point is, yeah, so like us, having a military presence in Greenland is a thing with historical precedents.
Speaker 2: That being said, we don't need Greenland for that anymore.
Speaker 1: We have all the capabilities to see shit well before it ever gets to us. We don't need it for the radar outposts. I don't know what he's thinking as far as the national security is, can and I don't see it.
Speaker 17: I think there's something more behind the scenes, something's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. And then to further that point, so let's talk about Fox. So CNN is obviously saying everything Trump's saying is bad, fundamental differences. They're pissed off Trump is making Greenland doesn't fall into the.
Speaker 2: Lapse of China and Russia. And this is what Fox is saying.
Speaker 1: This is why he's trying to buy Greenland, because Russia's gonna buy it or China's gonna buy it once again. Denmark is not getting ready to sell this bitch to anybody. So what exactly does he mean? Let's talk about it here, let's listen in is happening.
Speaker 20: I think it's not a matter of whether we're gonna take de facto control of Greenland, it's how and when the leaders of both Greenland and Denmark traveling all the way to the White House to meet with Vice President Vance and Secretary of Rubio today, and as expected, their leaders are digging in their heels.
Speaker 21: We had what I will describe as a frank but also constructive discussion.
Speaker 10: We also agreed to.
Speaker 21: Disagree and therefore we will, however, continue to talk The big difference is whether that must lead to a situation where where US acquire Greenland, and that is absolutely not necessary.
Speaker 20: I mean, okay, that's fine, but who do you trust more to decide what's necessary for US national security? Trump, Rubio and Vance? Are those two all right? Having Greenland under US authority? However, that's structured, it's critical given both Russia and China's ambitions in the region. So, except for wounding their pride, US commander the second largest island in the world will mean both Denmark and Greenland are better off, because, after all, a strong and safe America means a stronger, safer Europe.
Speaker 9: You know, we're doing the Golden Dome, We're doing a lot of things, and we really needed. If we don't go in, Russia is going to go in, China is going to go in. And there's not a thing that Denmark can do about it, but we can do everything about it.
Speaker 20: More here to discuss, as Carla Sans, former US Ambassador to Denmark and share for Foreign policy at the America First Policy Institute, Madam ambassador.
Speaker 1: Great, real quick, real quick, before we listen to the former ambassador, but what the fuck is he talking about? Did I miss something. China and Russia. I understand they have ambitions for so many things, China more than Russia as far as like ambitions for business things and things like that. Russia's got their hands full right now. And fine, cool, What the fuck are we talking about right now? That this is actually better for Greenland for America to just take it over and like this, Like I'm not inherently disagreeing because I am a bit of a patriot. I do think that America is the best country on Earth. That's just my opinion. I have no ready to really quantitate that other than my own egoic sensive patriots. I get it, I get it, But what the fuck is he talking about? Did I miss something?
Speaker 5: There's got to be something there that we don't know about.
Speaker 1: Did they just find oil.
Speaker 5: Or the rare earth minerals.
Speaker 17: There's got to be a positive something, a huge depositive rare earth minerals that.
Speaker 5: I think is the goal.
Speaker 17: But I really don't know. I mean, I'm speculating.
Speaker 1: I think you might be right here, because I mean I haven't heard of Greenland's booming, you know, hydrocarbons industry, although they may have one. I'm not very familiar with it, but with that being a very mountainous and cold terrain like that, it would.
Speaker 2: It would stand to reason that there may be some.
Speaker 1: Proven, rare earths somewhere on the island that they're not being very public about right now for their own national security. That Trump may have gotten a memo and he's like, hey, guess what look sounds like Greenland needs some freedom from those oppressive.
Speaker 2: Danes that have been over them for so long. It sounds very crazy in the rhetoric. But here we are, Okay, yeah, this bitch is behind basically all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's hear from the former ambassador, and I have a weird feeling she's gonna be like, Yep, Greenland just wants America to take over.
Speaker 2: I just have a weird feeling.
Speaker 1: But let's see.
Speaker 20: To see you tonight. You heard what the foreign officials were saying. But the Danish foreign minister says, the US has quote wide military access already to Greenland, and we can ask to increase our presence there. So why wouldn't that be enough?
Speaker 22: Why wouldn't American taxpayers pay more for Europe's defense or Greenland, which is a possession of Denmark? Right, I don't think so. President Trump is looking at this with clear eyes. Greenlanders will go independent in the twenty first century. Just like Iceland left the Kingdom of Denmark in the twentieth century, Greenland will leave. President Trump's making sure they don't fall into the lap of China or Russia. That's a good thing. Greenlanders really want the Greenlandic dream. They want prosperity, they want good paying jobs. They don't have that because they rely on welfare from Denmark. Denmark doesn't have the ability to develop Greenland. It doesn't have the ability to defend Greenland either. And in fact, in twenty nineteen, when President Trump asked the current Prime Minister Mitri Friedrichsen to please put more assets into Greenlandic security because it was unsecure, she said, yes, she would, she'd put two hundred million dollars into that security.
Speaker 8: And you know what she did.
Speaker 22: She put two million and it wasn't into security at all, so one percent of what she committed to, and that wasn't even real security. So you can't trust what she says. She and Denmark will never be able to afford to defend or secure Greenland.
Speaker 20: Greenland would be gone right now if we weren't gonna we weren't defending it. I mean, I mean, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: But that's just a fact.
Speaker 1: I mean it.
Speaker 20: Ditto with Canada. So not to say we don't love our Canadian military counterparts.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 5: We love them.
Speaker 20: But without the United States might and all the billions and billions we put into our military, they'd already have fallen to China.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't inherently disagree with what she just said. I I wouldn't. Wow, all right, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of TI unpacking that one. Without America defending Greenland, it would have already fallen. That is an inaccurate statement. I believe without America defending Canada, which I mean, it would have fallen into China. Man maybe not maybe again, but yeah, no, Canada has US protecting it, so it doesn't need much of a military. So like, I'm good with that. That is a true statement. Maybe the angle that shees you're trying to work is accurate because Canada got in bed with China, real, real, real hard just four or five years ago. As a matter of fact, they were allowing China to amash troops in Canada to do training operations really close to the United States border and nobody bad Deny at that point, and it.
Speaker 2: Was all, well, that's not true.
Speaker 1: There's never been Chinese troops cut to the local town outside of where the Chinese troops were encamped. Were pissed off when the Chinese troops left because they were spending money in this small town and they actually their economy boomed because of it. So there's actual boots on the ground, well civilian boots on the ground that are saying no, no, the Chinese were absolutely here. So and I mean that was under Trudeau and the guy running Canada right now is a Trudeau junior and it's really sad, but it's whatever. But yeah, now Canada's got us protecting them. That's a true statement. I am unaware of Greenland's Shield of America that's been protecting it from big bad China and Russia for the last few decades. I may be very ignorant to this. I could be so wrong. I could be so wrong. I just I have a weird time putting that together. But all right, let's yeah, let's keep going.
Speaker 20: But the NATO allies and BESSA are getting involved as well. According to reports, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, are sending troops to Greenland. I've been continuing threats.
Speaker 12: Okay, what is that gonna do?
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, I'm laughing.
Speaker 20: That's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. They're not even willing to send troops to, you know, protect Ukraine. They're going to send troops to Greenland.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, a couple things there. One Greenland and Denmark or NATO that the NATO people, that's our homies. So they're sending troops to a NATO country, but they're not willing to send to you because Ukraine is not a NATO country.
Speaker 2: That's not within their wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: That's not they could they could be generous and send Ukraine troops if they so chose, but all these countries have been sending them armaments and funding and resources to help them defend themselves. So yeah, this is why, this is why I wanted to show both the CNN and the Fox's opinion on the Trump Greenland situation. Y'all see how the narratives are very different and they're being spun very extremely in very very opposing ways. So yeah, that's this is where we're at.
Speaker 2: I guess hex head, what's your thought bro, I think.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I I think Ukraine we're sending our moldy bread. It's not moldy yet, but we're sending our munitions out there. It's not moldy yet.
Speaker 5: But we we're getting new stuff going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're clearing out our old inventory.
Speaker 15: God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. On the other side, I really.
Speaker 1: Don't Tony way In on this, brother, you have a You've got a really interesting take on a lot of geopolitics. What do you think is the overall goal here or the reason behind it?
Speaker 13: In Greenland? I've heard it might be minerals. I've also heard it might be to get more military up there. But did you know we'd already have a small military presence there. It's called the Thuley Air Base, and it's really really small. Calling it a base isn't really even the right word for it. It's like a strip.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't really have a strong opinion about Greenland. There's fifty thousand people there. They probably wouldn't mind if America formally took over, And yeah, I don't have a strong opinion about it, really.
Speaker 1: I mean I agree that people there probably would be They probably would actually be happy, And I'm not saying that because I'm a patriot. Like realistically, like our economy is doing better than Denmark. We're not a socialist nation or borderline socialist nation. They probably wouldn't really notice much of a difference, to be completely honest with you, as far as their day to day lives are concerned.
Speaker 2: But even so, yeah, we have a base up there.
Speaker 1: If a matter of fact, I'm trying to remember, the first country to build an airstrip was England.
Speaker 2: They built an air airport for.
Speaker 1: Lack of better words, I'm not even gonna call it like a base, and then a few years later America decided to build one there too, and then we started to operate it as a if you want to call it a military installation or an international airport or what I guess both could be used. An interchangeable dialogue on this one, But even still, I don't see the purpose. Like you said, it might be minerals, it might be, But what would be the purpose of us having a higher military presence in Greenland. No one's invading the fucking giant iceberg with fifty thousand inhabitants. Okay, I'll say sixty bord around Okay, so sixty thousand people live on the second largest island on Earth, and it's also a fucking ice block. No one wants to invade that, bitch, So what are we do? I'm there, I feel like there's so much more here that we're missing. I'm gonna have to do more of a deep dive.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go.
Speaker 13: And yeah, there could be a lot of oil under the Arctic Ocean too, and Rush is the closest to it. But like everyone's kind of tried to agree not to drill yet, but everyone wants to be in a position where they could.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could see that being a possibility, But hell, didn't we just quote unquote takeover Venezuela. They got more oil than Saudi Arabia, and we have all the refineries to refine the sour crude or.
Speaker 2: Whatever the fuck they want to call it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's what it is, if it's oil.
Speaker 17: I think the idea is to use up everybody else's oil first, the first, and then we have ours for the rest of them, you know, for eternity or whatever however long oil lasts. And I've heard that they're offering each resident one hundred thousand dollars for to join the States.
Speaker 2: They're offering the inhabitants of Greenland.
Speaker 1: One hundred thousand dollars apiece to become a US citizen.
Speaker 5: I think so. I think I've read a couple of articles.
Speaker 17: And I think so that they are like, yeah, just throw money at them.
Speaker 1: Now the tinfoil hat comes on as far as I'm concerned. Uh, whenever the government is willing to offer large sums of money to people just for the fuck of it, there is always I actually can't think of one time where there wasn't.
Speaker 2: Some serious fuckery afoot. So now I'm gonna have to do a whole deep dive on this.
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna make a fucking cult to Conspiracy episode about this one.
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Royce, lay in here, brother.
Speaker 11: There are two quick thoughts, the first of which, so, h the minerals could be one thing. Also, doesn't Greenland have.
Speaker 16: A ship ton of bunkers that are filled like with all these the foods and seeds for the for the.
Speaker 11: Star pile of the world, So that could be power to have access to that as a hey, you know, like it doesn't matter what you guys do we have means to survive.
Speaker 17: And there there is a seed bunker that has I think every seed that is available is stored.
Speaker 5: There, right.
Speaker 11: So the so the fact that that's there and Trump is so adamant on being there, there could be a connection at the very least as far as that and you and then the only other thing as far as even though people aren't going to attack Greenland directly, it's almost an intermediary between America and Europe or you know, you know, it's a nice it's a nice barrier.
Speaker 2: It could be used as a staging ground.
Speaker 1: It absolutely could be used as staging ground if somebody was to try to attack mainland USA. I hear this and I'm that's absolutely a possibility. The bunkers absolutely also possibility. Minerals oil all that could be. And I will say to the point that you and Hexhead are making here, Ravenly has done this for years. You can look at every single simulation where it talks about a global pandemic, a global catastrophe, the polar ice cap shifting, you name it, whatever mass scale disaster you can think of.
Speaker 2: Greenland seems to be the one spot.
Speaker 1: That will probably be okay more or less than anywhere else on Earth, and there's reasons for that. On the plate tectonic scale, there's reasons for that. As far as their distance from the equator, there's reasons for that. As far as they're low population, there's a reason for that. For their because they're mountainous and those are pretty fucking stable. There's tons of reasons for this. So perhaps that is the case. Maybe there is something way more catastrophic than what we have information on as of this moment.
Speaker 2: That's right around the corner, and Trump is society.
Speaker 1: He's pulling out all the stops to get to as many Americans to the actual bunker as possible.
Speaker 2: That's there's a greater than zero percent chance of that for sure.
Speaker 1: Wow wow wow wow. Okay, let's continue on with the conversation here. So Trump issues a stern warning to NATO ahead of vance's high stakes Greenland meeting. Okay, so, uh, let's see. Should we hit play the headlines? Should we read the article? What would y'all prefer?
Speaker 5: I'll throw the headlines out.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's see what's up. Number one Ice agents struck renee Goods vehicle.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, wait wait wait, hold on I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Let me let me read that one again.
Speaker 1: Let me lower the wine. So the ICE agent that struck miss Goods car suffered from internal bleeding to the torso because yes, she did in fact hit him with her car, and you could see that from his bodycam footage.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, she hit the dude and she got got.
Speaker 1: The federal agent who fatally shot Renee Nicole Good in Minneapolis last week suffered internal bleeding to his torso when he was struck and her vehicle. Department Homeland Security Assistant Secretarya Tricia McLoughlin confirmed on Fox News on Wednesday, Yep, no doubt. And keep in mind also this same ICE agent was drug underneath a car six months prior. The same dude who was making a stop got ran over and drug under a car just a few months prior to this incident. So yeah, it's not like he didn't know what time it was when the car lunched forward at him and then hit him.
Speaker 2: So yeah, did she That is what happens.
Speaker 1: And also there's people that are saying that she was there, you know, she was peaceful, she was protesting. No, she was literally sent there and was successful in uh, basically, what's the word uh something in uh something in investigation or something in a rest about Yeah, her and a group of people in their cars went there to obstruct ICE agents in doing their duty, which is against the law. So yeah, she wasn't just like an innocent Biastand and they kept using the video where she backed up a little bit and waved people through. See, she wasn't obstructing traffic. That's that's beside the point. It's not about her being in the middle of the road that was the issue. The fact that she was blocking in ICE agents was the issue. Then they had told her multiple times to get out, to move to whatever. Her wife got out of the car and started shit talking one of the ICE agents, which fine, freedom of speech, cool things when they were trying to remove her from her vehicles, when she hit the dude and yes he is he suffered internal belying he's fine, I'm sure, but yeah, she hit him and she got got This is absolutely a thing. The extent of the blame of the US Immigrations officer Jonathan Ross was not immediately clear. Christine nom Said had previously said the agent was treated out of hospital following the incident, before being released later that same day. Oh god, yeah, this is this. All the headlines are going to be about the mayor, Jacob Frey. He downplayed the incident but then told the ICE agents to get the fuck out of them in the as And it's like, dude, you're a mayor. You're a mayor. You're talking about federal agents. You have no power here. But all right, anyway, next one, number two, US freezes all visa processing for seventy five countries, including Somalia, Russia, and around the State Department is pausing immigrant visa processing. Jesus, hold on, I'm gonna turn off that music because I thought there was gonna be people talking during this.
Speaker 2: There is not, So let's just read it here.
Speaker 1: The US State Department is pausing immigrant visa's processing for seventy five countries in an effort to crack down on what was that, to crack down becoming a citizen. The State Department memo, seen first by Fox News Digital Directors, consiler officers to refuse visas. Jesus, they're rolling fast at this and I am not reading fast enough. The countries include Samalia, Russia, Afghanistan, Brazil, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Nigeria, Thailand, Yemen, and one more. The pause will begin January twenty first, and will continue indefinitely until the Department conducts a rea assessment of immigration. Third one rfj RFK Junior comments on Trump's unhinged eating in jokes with Okay, never mind, RFK Junior is given Trump shit for having a bad diet.
Speaker 2: Who cares anyway?
Speaker 1: To the article itself here, President Trump sent a warning to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization NATO ahead of jd Vance's high stakes meeting with the Danish and Greenlandic officials. The United States needs Greenland for the purpose of national security, he wrote on a truth social post on Wednesday. He added that the acquisition was vital for the Golden Dome that we are building. The Golden Dome is the cutting edge missile defense system meant to intercept threats targeting the American homeland, similar to the Iron Dome in Israel. NATO should be leading the way for us to get it. If we don't, Russia or China will. And that's not gonna happen militarily without the vast power of the United States, much of which I built during my first term and am now bringing to a new and even higher level. NATO would not be an effective force deterrent, not even close. They know that, and so do I. NATO becomes far more formidable and effective with Greenland in the hands of the United States.
Speaker 2: Anything less than that is unacceptable, he added.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind he just mandated and actually got the thumbs up for all NATO members to start spending five percent of their GDP on their military, which is impressive. I am happy about that also, but a lot of these countries are spending somewhere between two and three percent, and help the thing, it was like a little under half of the countries couldn't even make the two percent minimum. Trump just strong on them into making five percent GDP their minimum.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: But also, if that's the case and NATO is going to be stronger overall very soon, I don't see why Greenland is such an asset. But again, we may just have more things that are going to be coming out about this here soon, I don't know. Follow up posts on truth social On Wednesday morning, Trump shared a report by just the News stating that the day Defense Intelligence Service issued a warning regarding Russian and Chinese military ambitions toward an expansion around Greenland in a recent assessment. So the Danish are actually saying that China and Russia are actually making their way towards Greenland.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: NATO tell Denmark to get them out of here now. Two dog sleds won't do it. Only the USA can trump. Oh my god, two dog sleds. This fucking dude. Danish intel warren last year about Russia and Chinese military goals towards Greenland and the Arctic. In recent years of the United States has significantly increased its security policy focused on the Arctic, while Russia continues its military build up and China continues to develop its capacity to operate both submarines and surface vessels in the region. That's from the d DIIS Danish Department of Intel reportedly said in its intelligence Outlook in twenty twenty five. The DDIS noted that neither the war in Ukraine nor the increased US focus on Greenland and the Arctic has altered Russia's long term interests and objectives in the region. Oh, okay, does make America go away? Hat with the that's funny, that's funny. Greenland's Prime Minister Jens Friedrich Nelson. Nielsen told a news conference in Copenhagen on Tuesday that quote, if we had to choose between the United States and Denmark here and now, we choose Denmark, we choose NATO, we choose the Kingdom of Denmark, we choose the EU. Okay. Trump later responded to Nielsen, saying, I disagree with him. I don't know who he is. I don't know anything about him, but that's going to be a big problem for him. Wow. I don't even know who that guy is, but it's gonna be a problem if he keeps talking like that. Jesus Christ Trump, He's out here doing the most speaking of and with my bullshit Trump impersonation. This is a Trump impersonation that Royce actually sent us. In the beginning of the episode, doctor Drea is behind him Trump with doctor Dre in the studio. Let's listen in on this one.
Speaker 8: Dre.
Speaker 5: He's a real doctor.
Speaker 9: He's a really good doctor.
Speaker 5: I have some good doctors. I never met a doctor.
Speaker 1: That made beats, never made it before. I don't know if he went to medical school, but I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 9: You right now, this guy has the best music.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 5: We're not doing this.
Speaker 1: He's a Negro with a great attitude.
Speaker 4: I love this guy.
Speaker 9: He's one of my favorite black producers.
Speaker 1: You're so gray, You're so amazing.
Speaker 14: I swear it got all your music that the g thing is my favorite.
Speaker 5: You gotta do a t thing, a Trump thing. I did not approve this message. I love this guy.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: That's fucking great. Oh my god, Royce, thank you for sharing that with the class.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 11: Holy so I saw that out like that. That's a pretty damn great impression, just with the r movements, the facial movement, like everything was just like.
Speaker 5: Chits on it was.
Speaker 11: It was fantastic. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: That's fucking great and a really good way to get off of that topic and onto the next one. Here as we were talking about Trump, as we're talking about Russia and all this silliness, and Tony, I'm hoping that you're gonna weigh in on this one here, brother, because I found this article. I don't know how verified it is, but this was posted December thirty first of last year, just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Ten thousand in counting Russian soldiers are surrendering in record numbers. Okay, now let's read in.
Speaker 1: Here more than ten thousand Russian soldiers have been taken prisoner by Ukrainian forces since the start of the Russian full scale invasion in February of twenty twenty two. Now I find that interesting, and there's gonna be people that are gonna say some crazy things here, like so you're telling me more Russians have surrendered than the entire American forces lost in twenty two years of combat in two countries. And okay, I hear that, But we also got to look at the scale of how many Russian troops have been sent to Ukraine versus how many American troops went to those two countries. It's not an apple to apples comparison. I feel like that's worth mentioning. But anyway, according to the data published on December thirty first by Ukraine's Coordination Headquarters for the Treatment of Prisoners of War, the number of captured Russian personnel continues to rise annually, with twenty twenty five showing the highest figures to date. The statistics are released through the I Want to Live project And if you want to check out this website, it's actually it's a realistic website. The Ukrainian set this up basically to make or entice the Russian soldiers to just sign on and become a prisoner and maybe even become a citizen, like maybe after the whole thing is situated, after the fact. But it's called the I Want to Live Project, and apparently a lot of Russian troops who were conscripted into service would rather just go chill at a POW camp than fight the drones and the trench warfare and shit. According to the project data, an average of sixty to ninety Russian troops surrender each week. In August twenty twenty four alone, the number peaked at three hundred and fifty in a single week. Since June twenty twenty three, Russian forces have captured more frequently than Ukrainian troops, reversing earlier trends. The majority of POWs are taken in the Dunets region, particularly Pokrovsk and Bachmut districts, as well as the Zaparisha region and Russia's Kersk region. In twenty twenty five, Ukrainian authorities recorded a sharp increase in the number of foreign nationals among Russian forces. That's actually very well documented as well. Russia was taking in and to be fair, Ukraine has also had their foreign legion, right A guy I served with as a matter of fact, which I'm still pissed about that he was an American. He retired from the Marine Corps. He was a grunt, great guy. He signed up for the Ukrainian Foreign Legion. He was killed in action and the Russian fuckers desecrated his body and it was his picture was all over the internet. It was fucking horrible. But anyway, Approximately seven percent of all captured soldiers were identified as mercenaries from forty different countries, with two to three new foreign fighters discovered weekly. The I Want to Live Project also publish demographic data on captured personnel. Eighty three were rank and file soldiers, thirty three or thirteen percent rather sorry, eighty three percent were rank and file soldiers, thirteen percent were non commissioned officers, and three percent were officers, which, to be fair, that is a pretty good metric as far as the military as a whole, not just POWs, but just saying most were between the ages of eighteen and sixty five years old. Again, that also stands to reason. The majority seventy six percent were contract soldiers, including many recruited from Russia's prisons and private military companies. Mobilized individuals accounted for nineteen percent, while conscripts made up nearly five percent. Very interesting, roughly twenty four percent of POW reported being coerced or.
Speaker 2: Misled into military service.
Speaker 1: Forty percent have prior criminal records, most commonly for theft, drug offenses, assault, or homicide, which I'm also not really mad about. If you have a war going on, you're gonna want your your savages at the front.
Speaker 2: So like, all right, I mean, hell, America did that same thing.
Speaker 1: By the way, I know legitimately five people that in the early stages of operation name your thing, from like four to eight, they were basically given the choice of jail or the army. Like that was that was a thing that judges used to do in this country. So it's not like this is unprecedented. But honestly, it wouldn't be for like serial rapists and shit. It would usually be for low level offenses. But still, you got your three strike rule and they're about to go spend some time or you can go serve some time service in one way or another. And a lot of these dudes actually ended up turning their life around because of it. So take that for what it is. Only seven percent held higher education degrees and thirty percent had not completed high school before the war. Thirty eight percent were unemployed, and almost half have children, eight percent of them with three or more.
Speaker 2: That I mean, okay.
Speaker 1: Ukrainian officials say hundreds of those captured also suffer from chronic health issues, including HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis, diabetes, and mental illness. Yeah, the AIDS outbreak on the front with the Russians is crazy, and there's multiple reasons for that. Some are saying it's because they're sharing needles. Some are saying because it's like a lot of rape soldier to soldier rape on the Russian side. I honestly don't know how much of that is rhetoric, how much of that is true. Who's to say, But yeah, there is a crazy amount of HIV and AIDS that has been blowing up on the Russian side of the conflicts.
Speaker 2: But take that for what it's worth. Excuse me.
Speaker 1: Ukrainian officials say hundreds of those captures also suffer.
Speaker 2: Are you right that? I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: According to the coordinated coordination efforts, Excuse me. According to the Coordination Headquarters, over six thousand Russian POWs have been repatriated to Russia as part of prisoner exchanges. More than half of these exchanges occurred in twenty twenty five. However, not all returned soldiers survive long after release.
Speaker 2: Yeah you'll have that in Russia.
Speaker 1: Ukrainian officials say at least two hundred and thirty seven former POWs were either killed or went missing after being sent back to the front lines. At least four Russian soldiers have been captured a second time. They are really bad at their jobs with those four, not the whole thing, just those four, Like bro, you play you missed and sucked at hide and seek to this level twice, but all right. The data also suggests that Russia prioritizes the return of ethnic Russians with short captivity periods and no serious injuries. In contrast, foreign fighters have not been requested for exchange. The Ukrainian side emphasizes that thousands of Russian POWs, especially wounded, ill or conscripted soldiers, remain in captivity. According to Ukrainian authorities, Russia has consistently refused to participate in an all for all exchange format with the fourth for the fourth consecutive year. Okay, so a lot of things to break down there, Tony weigh in, Please, sir, what is your take on this? Is this propaganda? Is there a shred of truth to this? Because, I mean, prisoners are being taken on both sides. There have been documented prisoner exchanges on both sides, and I could see that. But as far as Russian's just surrendering and saying fuck this, I don't want to fight this, what's your take like.
Speaker 13: In terms of it happening more than usual? I think it's happened at consistent rate throughout the war. And I just went ahead and asked, ROC you know about this whole issue.
Speaker 1: Crock estimates, AI do be lying, A, I do be lying.
Speaker 13: It's a reasonable member. And before I even asked it about this particular article, it said, well, maybe five thousand to eight thousand Russians have been taken prisoner, and I'd say that's within this ballpark. That's very reasonable. And it even listed out a lot of the previous prisoner exchanges that have happened. There's been like twenty of them normally in the you know, Doubler triple digits. Uh, yeah, I think this is basically true. United twenty four Media though it's a very very pro Ukrainian news outlet. That's what practically all their articles are about. And I think I'd run into them like once before, but I skimmed their website again at the beginning of this episode just to because I was googling. I was trying to find the story because you mentioned that we were doing it, and at first I couldn't find it. I had to scroll down Google's first page I had.
Speaker 1: I had heard about this somewhere I forget where. Probably one of the other podcasts I listened to was talking about how there's like record numbers of Russians surrendering, and there was a few cases where it was legitimately they were like surrounded and it was like a legitimate surrender. It wasn't they It wasn't like these conscripts that basically got to the front line, put down their weapon and put their hands up and said fuck it, I'll be a pow like. It was legitimate combatant surrendering type things which happens in conflict. I get that, but uh yeah, when they said these record numbers, it was suggested that it was way more of the dudes getting to the front and being like, never mind, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how much of this is true.
Speaker 1: Information on both sides of this is so skewed, So I mean, who's to say, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I've seen too much information from the pro Russian side that says, oh, look, we've got more captains, we've got more prisoners of war. Oh man, they're about to collapse any day now. And I just posted a stupid little meme looking photo here of NPC characters from both sides. In March twenty twenty two, Ukraine is about to win on one side, and then on the other side, it's an identical looking guy saying Russia is about to win, and then September twenty twenty four, exact same two guys saying the exact same thing again. In January twenty twenty six, the exact same two guys saying the exact same thing again. Yeah, and it just feels like this just keeps on going this way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh. They had their their successes in their first initial push. At the rate they're going right now, it would if this doesn't up, you're still holding true to the belief that this is all going to be wrapped up by March of this year.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, I'll just I don't know how to put money on it or whatever. There's probably a polymarket, Oh yes, there is.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, okay, I mean, and I really have no reason to believe one way or another on this. I will say that if if this does not come to a conclusion relatively soon, and if Russia does decide to just dig their heels in and just fight it out until the entire western coast, I should say border rather of Ukraine. Dude. Going by the math of what they've been able to accomplish in the last couple of years, it would take them like two hundred years to get there. For the role of God, I hope that they, just like cooler heads, prevail on this one.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We kept hearing things that de Lensky was ready to come to the negotiating table. We heard that the Russian ambassadors but some sort of Russian officials were going to Miami and they were ready to.
Speaker 2: Make a deal. Nothing happened. Nothing happened. I don't even know if any real talk was had.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I haven't heard of it. I don't keep as much tabs on this as I used to. But I predict Russia's still gonna just take small amounts of territory very slowly. They don't want to rule over a very hostile population, so they're mostly focused in the East, and they're just gonna keep going, and they're trying to let Ukraine just throw more and more men at the front line, kind of like Germany did with World War One in France, where they set up a large defensive line and didn't really move for years and just let the Western now I throw troops at that line because the defense was more advantageous at that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a war of attrition, which is what this is now. Yeah, I don't know, We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 13: I don't have anything else to say.
Speaker 2: I feel you go ahead, Sam.
Speaker 19: I could see sorry, I could see this easily becoming a DMZ like.
Speaker 1: Uh that it is in Korea.
Speaker 19: Uh, just a the military as I could see it becoming a ceasefire, not really a fool on.
Speaker 8: Hey you want to quit? No, not really. I can see it like eventually they'll just like ease up.
Speaker 19: But I still figured anow that like twenty thousand is gonna die before that happens.
Speaker 1: No, I oh, twenty thousand for sure. Oh my god, I've I've lost what the chore statistics are. But yeah, it's that's for sure. But yeah, I agree, I've been saying.
Speaker 8: That otistic, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've a I've been saying it for a while that I could see a DMZ forming as a result of this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But again, there's so much that has to happen between now and whenever they finally decide that they've had enough. I don't Zelenski's not going to back down. He's he is digging as he was as much as he can because he's fighting for his home turf Russia. It really is dependent on Russia. Zelenski and Ukraine have been willing to come to the negotiating table multiple times. Putin has to decide that he's done. He has to decide that whatever arbitrary goal he was setting out to accomplish, he has met or at least gotten close enough to justify the amount of loss. So as soon as he decides he's good, I could see a DMZ being in stated, But who's to say what that actual goalpost will be or if he decides to move it or backtrack or whatever the case.
Speaker 2: I I don't know who's to say one way or another.
Speaker 1: Honestly, anyway, while we are talking about foreign things, let's talk about this one. Iran or Iran or Iran, however the fuck you want to pronounce it briefly closes airspace as US tensions rise, flights rerouted across the regions, So let's just read straight into it here. Iran temporarily closed its airspace last Wednesday to most incoming and outgoing flights amid escalating tensions with the US. According to a notice posted by the Federal Aviation Administration the FAA, the restriction was scheduled to be in place from ten to fifteen pm UTC Wednesday to twelve thirty am UTC on Thursday. The notice said it was later extended to one fourteen am and then to one thirty or three thirty am UTC. Live data provided by flight Tracker and flight Radar showed aircraft skirting around Iran's airspace as of eight thirty am, and they have two pictures on screen where it shows them all just going.
Speaker 2: Around it at that point.
Speaker 1: The order exempted international flights to and from Tehran provided they received prior approval from Iran's Civil Aviation authority. The airspace closure comes ascensions escalated after the US President threatened intervention following a deadly crackdown on anti government protests in Iran. Trump later appeared to soften his tone. Speaking at the White House on Wednesday night, Trump said that he has been assured that the killing of protesters in Iran has stopped, and that he would watch it and see. Regarding potential US military action, the US has withdrawn some personnel from American military bases in the Middle East amid Iranian threats to strike those locations of Washington launches an attack. Several airlines have canceled their re routed flights to Tehran in recent days. India's largest airline, Indigo ah NICE, said Thursday that some of its international flights would be impacted by Iran's airspace closure. Well, yeah, I guess that would be earlier this week. Germany warned its airlines against entering Iran's airspace. The luft Hansa group said Wednesday that it would bypass Iranian and Iraqi airspace until further notice. With some flights canceled. The US has prohibited all American commercial flights from overflying Iran airlines include the Immirates, Katari Airways. Turkish airlines have also canceled multiple flights to Iran over the past week.
Speaker 2: That's also interesting.
Speaker 1: Katar, Turkey, and the UAE have all canceled flights going over Iran's That's pretty interesting to me, especially because that ties into well, well, we're gonna talk about the UAE and their lack of funding to their students in the UK.
Speaker 2: I think it's hilarious. But anyway, let's go here.
Speaker 1: So the next thing I wanted to talk about while we're still on the topic of Iran here, there's been a lot of talk about the protests. There's a lot of talk about possible regime change in the country. Feel how you want to feel about that. Fine, However, there's been a lot of media that has come out of Iran that shows that the videos are actually AI and their dated photos to mislead about what the pro regime rallies are happening in Iran right now. So basically, if you have seen any type of pro Ayatola protests in Iran in the past three weeks, it was more than likely AI or dated things that were kind of retooled to look newer, to make it look like, oh, the country is split, the country doesn't want the Ietola to go anywhere.
Speaker 2: That's simply just not the case.
Speaker 1: Right here, we actually have a video that we're going to play to learn a little bit more about the propaganda on this one.
Speaker 2: Let's learn together.
Speaker 23: I've seen massive social unrest continue in Iran as protesters demonstrate against the theocratic government amidst an internet blackout and a wave of crackdowns. Now, amidst those protests, the government has also called on its supporters to take to the streets as well in a show of loyalty. But online false images by social media users are misleading those numbers. So let's take a first look at what the state media is sharing. Iran's government back to Press TV broadcasted this aerial footage on its online media presence, saying it captures monumental crowds rallying into Iran crowds that are powerfully united towards the regime. Now, this was also followed by its parent company, which also shared similar images, The Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcaster Broadcasting, saying that this is footage from INKILOB Square or Revolutionary Square in the capital Tehran, saying it shows loyalists gathering there carrying photos of the Supreme Leader Ayotola Ali Haamine as well as the official flag of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Now, this is what the States authority media has been airing, but online pro government user accounts on social media have been also sharing out of context content to tork up these pro government demonstrations. We have been seeing a lot of AI generated and dated content being shared as if it is in fact currents ongoing protests. This user on social media was one of many to share this video showing the official flag of the Islamic Republic stretching out for miles, flanked by what we think is thousands of protesters alongside it. Now, what I can tell you is that this video is AI generated. Not only is there multiple distorted facial features. If we take a closer look at the video itself, there are multiple distorted facial features. At one point, the protester almost seems to be blending in with the flag itself. But apart from that, if we take a look at the watermark embedded on the video, we can actually find the source of it. Which was this TikTok account in which on the video there was a clear disclaimer that this is AI generated content. Now moreover, the account behind it actually is a prolific account that shares a series of AI generated content falsely depicting ongoing protests in Iran, and as of now this account has been suspended. Now other accounts are actually sharing dated, out of context footage, misrepresenting it as currents ongoing pro government protests. This user on x shared this image saying that it shows a massive Ranian human wave in the streets of Tehran in support of the Supreme Leader and in support of the government. However, this image is in fact six years old. We can see that same image here dated in an article from twenty twenty, and the image itself is from January sixth of twenty twenty, depicting the funeral of Iranian military leader Cassim Solimani. In fact, images from Cassam Solamani's funeral are circulating quite a lot, being misrepresented as current as current images. Here's another example.
Speaker 9: This user on x.
Speaker 23: Shared another photo saying that it shows the size and scale of pro government support. Again, a reverse image search shows us that this is also from Cassam Solimani's funeral dated back to twenty twenty, so we can see here how images are being distorted out of context in order to talk up pro government support and rallies in support of the Iranian government. Of course, this is at a time where the government itself is trying to downplay descent and downplay the extent of the anti government demonstrations. Of course, considering the communications blackout in Iran, it makes it more difficult than ever to receive and verify images coming out of the country. And the trickle down effect of that is that users on social media are more readily sharing things AI images, dated footage. They're sharing it more readily than ever, believing that it is in fact real.
Speaker 2: There we have it.
Speaker 1: So the article is very short, no real reason to read it because she kind of did a great job of explaining it all herself. So with that being said, what does this regime change look like hypothetically if it is successful, if the Ayatola is ousted and they bring back Reza Pahlavi probably mispronouncing his name, my apologies. The exiled prints urging Iranians to seize cities. Now, this is an article from al Jazeero, which is a Katari publication, and we know that. So now this dude, he's living in Bethesda, Maryland as of right now as a political refugee.
Speaker 2: But I want to learn more about the guy.
Speaker 1: So for decades, Raza Polavi was the polite face of the Iranian opposition in exile, a former fighter pilot who spoke of nonviolent resistance and secular democracy from his home in the United States. But this weekend, the tone of the sixty five year old heir to the Peacock throne and son of the Iran's last shaw changed dramatically. In a direct challenge to the Iranian government, Polavi challenge or called on Iranians to seize the city centers and prepare for his imminent return, prompting that Iranian state media describes as armed terrorist attacks across the country. I bet they would that they of course, the Iotola would call that that. Our goal is no longer merely to come into the streets, Polavi declared in a statement released on his ex account. The goal was to prepare to seize city centers and hold them so from air to exile. Polavi was born in t Iran on October thirty first, nineteen sixty Oh, a Halloween baby, just like my dad. Seven years after, the US and the UK engineered a coup against Iran's then elected Prime Minister, Mohammad mosadig Mosadeg. Yeah, who has nationalized the assets of the Anglo Persian Oil Company known now as BP. In nineteen fifty one, Polavi was officially named Crown Prince at the age of seven. His path seemed destined for the throne until the nineteen seventy nine revolution up ended the region. At seventeen, he left Iran for fighter pilot training in the US at Reese Air Force Base in Texas. While he was away, the representative monarchy collapsed and the current political system was established. Barring his return, Polavi completed his training and later earned a degree in political science from the University of Southern California. During the Iran Iraq War in the nineteen eighties, he famously volunteered to serve as a fighter pilot for his country, but was rejected by the authorities of Tehran, which, yeah, that makes sense. He has lived in exile ever since, residing in the US with his wife, Yasmin, and their three daughters. So for now, talking about preparing to return. For more than forty years, Polavi advocated for a referendum and nonviolent change. However, his rhetoric has sharpened significantly in recent days. On Saturday, he urged workers in key sectors transport oil and gas to launch nationwide strikes to cut off the financial lifelines to the state. He specifically called on the quote youth of the immortal guard, end quote the erstwhile imperial forces and security forces to defect. I too, am preparing to return to the homeland, so that at the time of our national revolutions victories, I can be beside you, he stated. His call to action comes amid reports of the largest anti government protests in years. Pallavi asked supporters to hoist the pre nineteen seventy nine Lion and Sun flag, a symbol of his father's rule, and to occupy public spaces starting from six pm local time. So I have seen that flag be raised in place of the current Iranian flag all over the country. So there's terrorist accusations. Of course, the response from Tehran has been furious. On Sunday, state affiliated media outlets labeled the protests as a new phase of insecurity and an internal armed war. I find it funny that the Ayatola and the Iranian government, who fund multiple terrorist organizations, are calling this terrorism.
Speaker 2: But all right.
Speaker 1: A report by the conservative Vatan e m rouse Yeah newspaper, cited by Taznin news agency describe Pavlov's call at pa Lavi's call as cover for terrorism Nuclei Wow to attack police and besiege forces.
Speaker 2: Not to be mistaken, this is not merely a riot.
Speaker 1: These were all armed terrorist attacks, or reports stated, claiming that dozens of security personnel have been killed. Officials have linked Pallavi's escalation to foreign interference, specifically accusing the US and Israel. Well, of course, they claimed the unrest is a plan b by President Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu following the conclusion of the twelve day war between Israel and Iran in May of last year. So opposition against the opposition, let's continue. While Polavi has found new or renewed popularity in the streets, he faces sharp criticism from within the fractured Iranian opposition. I'm not gonna try to pronounce the name. Nader and around expert argued in a recent article that Polavi's political activities have become divisive. Critics accused his circle of attacking other prominent descendants, such as Nobel Peace Prize winner Nargis Mohammadi, labeling them leftists or terrorists. Could be interchangeable dialogue. Polavi has doubled down for his advisors, despite others unease about them. Nata wrote questioning whether the Prince has become the opposition against the opposition? Okay, other there are also concerns about manipulation. Nator not that Pelavi's online support is partially driven by cyber armies linked to the Iranian government designed to sow discord, raising questions about who is co opting whom.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Despite these internal riffs, Polavi remains the most visible figurehead for the current wave of unrest, with the Trump administration maintaining a hands off approach, asserting it is up to Iranians to choose their own leaders. In the streets of Tehran burning, the exiled prince appears to be making his final gamble for the throne he lost forty seven years ago. Okay, I mean again, I'm not necessarily against the regime change.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people are.
Speaker 1: If it's done truly and purely by the Iranian people and this is what they want.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: If this is being influenced by foreign actors or something like that, then yeah, I think we need to mind our own business. But that's also how regime changes go worldwide. You know, it's never really clean anyway. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I don't think that.
Speaker 13: I don't think Rezapalavi Junior is going to end up in charge of Iran if they have a regime change. It's just going to be somebody else already there. Kind of like everyone thought Maria Karina Machado was going to be in charge of Venezuela because she was the US favorite and she was making the media circuit all around the Western world. And she's not going to be in charge of Venezuela.
Speaker 2: No, they don't know who she is.
Speaker 1: She was the one that just won the Nobel Peace Prize, if not mistaken, but it was for humanitarian efforts, and no one in Venezuela knows that she just was the award of the Nobel Peace Prize because the state media suppressed at all.
Speaker 13: I think they know, but they still regard it as the Maduro and Chavista people regarded as a complete like fraudulent or a publicity stunt more than anything. That's how they regard it.
Speaker 1: They don't I read into her, dude. That priest prize was well deserved from what I read anyway.
Speaker 13: But even still they give it to Obama and stuff before he even did anything. So a lot of that's a fair point. Prize is just political.
Speaker 1: Depends on what it's for.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: I actually know someone who was nominated for humanitarian efforts and it was a legitimate like this woman deserved in my opinion, But it depends on what it's for. Evidences in the way of science or technology or something. You have to have something behind it. But then they gave it to al Gore to lie to us about global warming, and you're right, they gave it to Obama two weeks after he was elected for nothing, So I see what you're going here.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're getting lots of numbers out of how many people have died any run and they cut off their their internet obviously, right, But I've seen anything from like one to twenty thousand. Nothing's really backed up yet, and I'm curious to know what the final number is actually going to be. And I don't know how much of this is AI. I don't think I saw that one particular AI video of the flag outstretched, but there's there's been outdated video shown on both sides too. And did you see x Elon Musk changed the flag Iran to the one with the lion holding the sword. Crazy crazy about that, because it's like the regime change isn't even done yet, but this is a kind of mind war where the zone just gets flooded by as much material as possible to make everyone think it's a fad of klumple, and both sides are trying to do that. Right, Let's see what I think Trump personally, I get the sense he's trying to back away from this a little bit, because at first he was saying, we are going to drop you know, missiles on Iran if they're too hard on the protesters, and now just within the past day he's saying, you know, this is up to them, this isn't for America to decide. And I think, Okay, he's trying to back away a little bit. I support him backing away. I don't see anyone waiting in the wings to take over Iran. It might just fragment maybe Israel in the US would prefer chaos over there over the current regime over there, even if we can't get Rezipalabi in power.
Speaker 1: Maybe yes, Maybe no, though, because if Iran goes into full on chaos, that's going to be a breeding ground for the exact thing that they're trying to get rid of, because now all you're going to have is some local warlord or some terrorist group take over, and that's the opposite of what anybody, including the other Muslim countries, and they at least want, I don't see to your point.
Speaker 13: I think Israel would want that. I think that would be less of a threat to Israel than the Iranian government currently is.
Speaker 1: Break this down for me because, like, for instance, Syria is a fragmented nation that is currently being led by an al Qaeda leader, right I don't think Israel's like super stoked about that. I don't think they're also super worried about that right now. But I think that they had a pretty good working relationship with Ala Sad at least for a good bit. Now he was sucking up his own people, that's fair, but they didn't have to worry about much out of a Syria for a good bit there.
Speaker 13: I didn't get that impression. I thought Asad was allowing arms traffic to go from Iran to Lebanon and that's been cut off. Now, I think that was Israel's main goal, and they won. Okay, that's fair time, and that's for the straight of horror moves. I think that. You know, it's very Arab territory. Yeah, and even inside Iran, both sides of the Gulf are Arab, not Persian. So I think Israel and the US would find a way to keep the straits of horror moves open if the Iranian government were to collapse and it were to fragment into different territories, so that problem would not be a problem either. I think that might actually be the anticipated outcome. I would say that outcome is way more likely than Rezapalavi Junior becoming the Shah again. Now, actually, I still bet that the Aotola holds power. That's my final beat to your point.
Speaker 1: I could see the potential of the prince to not regain power, right, but maybe a regime change in some by a local, maybe more of a democratically elected individual. Maybe the Ayahtola loses a bit of his power and becomes more of a religious figurehead than the combination of religious and political.
Speaker 2: I could see something like that shaking out too.
Speaker 1: But you also keep in mind your boy, the prince, he's hadn't been back to that country since he was seventeen, Like he's nobody in that country really remembers the good old days of his dad. Like that's a far that's a far gone, antiquated look at things. So don't I don't know. I could be so wrong here, and the Iranian people are begging to bring back the monarchy.
Speaker 13: I could be I could be wrong. I'd say it's like a one percent chance I would give it. Fragmentation is more like a twenty thirty percent chance, and seventy percent chance I toold is going to keep power. I'm more concerned, I think, with what's going to happen in the next week. I think the US might launch some missiles against Iran, a small number, and then Iran's going to have a proportionate response like they did after Sole Money, or like they did kind of to Israel this past June. I think it's going to be kind of limited both ways, and I hope Iran doesn't start it. I think if Iran were to start it, they would get a disproportionate response in return, they were you know, more at risk if they started it. Then if they just sit there and wait for the US to do what the US is going to do, maybe another bunk or buster on four to doh or something.
Speaker 1: Now, I also am of the belief at this time that this although yes, Israel has you know, their their they want Iran to go through a regime change for sure, America does too, but again so does all the other Muslim countries. Could this be a Muslim on Muslim situation hypothetically.
Speaker 13: Like the Saudis probably do?
Speaker 1: I think, I know, the Qataris, the UAE, Saudi's, Jordanians, none of them get down with the current way Iran.
Speaker 2: Is being ran.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 13: I think the Sunnis have the biggest opposition to Iran, but Qatar historically has been sort of more favorable to Iran than the Saudis. For sure, the Saudis really hate Iran. I think the Hasher Mights hate Iran. The Iraqis, I think, are more cool with Iran. The Iraqis are mostly Shia. Saddam Hussein was a Sunni. The Kuwaitis are Shia, but I think they hate Iran too.
Speaker 1: It's not even about the religious From what I can tell, it's not has to do with the religious affiliations.
Speaker 2: It has to do with the fact that they are bad for business.
Speaker 13: Iran could shut down the straight or horror moves, so the Kuwaitis don't like him.
Speaker 2: No, how could I put this?
Speaker 1: So you remember when you were in school, when you were a kid in class and you had that one kid in that class that was always an asshole, And when he wasn't there that day, you were stoked because you knew the day was just gonna go smoothly. But every time that he was there, he would just cause trouble and make the day go on longer, and he and the teacher would just get into it, and then he'd have to go to the office. And now you're just sitting there for an hour while they have this bickering match and all this dumb shit because this kid can't just shut up and get along like the rest of you. From what I can tell, that's Iran, it's not. It has nothing to do with the fact that they worship a lot. It has nothing to do with their brand of Islam. It has to do with the fact that they continuously do what they can to stir the pot and kick the hornet's nest, and to a point, everybody can deal with that. But it's gotten to a point now to where it's getting in the way of business right and now, especially with the Saudi's, the Kataris, and the Immirates all wanting to get more in bed with not just America but the wider Western world as a whole. They see Iran in the current regime as a liability rather than as an asset. What is your take on.
Speaker 13: This, Well, Yeah, Iran's support for Hezbla is probably the one thing that all the other countries that hate Iran hate most about them, and it's the thing that the most anti Israeli people love the most about Iran. It's their support for Hezbalah and that's probably what it all revolves around. As for the whole Saudi Iranian I guess Saudi Arabia is pretty far south a Lebanon. Maybe they don't care about it quite as much, but they've been rivals since before Israel existed. There must be other reasons. And I'm not super famili you're with it. I would just chalk it up in large part to Sunny versus Shia and.
Speaker 2: Try versus tribe, clan versus clan.
Speaker 13: Who knows, dude, Yeah, I can't really speak authoritatively on that, but everybody knows. They just don't like each other. And the Saudis also tend not to like the Shia Arabs. Within Saudi Arabia, there's a few Shia Arabs next to Kuwait, and Saudi government doesn't really like them very much either, And I also chalk that up to general sectarian division. As for deeper history, I don't know, So that's the end. That's a limit of my knowledge.
Speaker 1: Dude, to look into the deeper history of the Middle East as a whole, to figure out who hates who and why takeaway Israel just just for the sake of this conversation, put Israel off to the side. There is no clear cut way to decide why this group hates this group, why this group is boys with this group, why this one is enemy and my enemy he is my friend. It's it's messy. The deeper you look into it, the messier it gets. Honestly, I've tried for years, and there are some things that make sense to me. Some things that are just. It is what it is there, It's the Middle East is just, it's its own animal.
Speaker 13: Honestly, well, I just asked Grock. It said pretty much everything we already said, Sunni versus Shia. It also mentions the Hohoth East who I forgot who sure Yemen. Other proxy wars Syria, Yemen, Iraq, other flash points nineteen eighty to eighty eight Iran Iraq war Saudi back to Iraq, twenty sixteen execution of Shia cleric Nimmer. I'll Nimmer Iran protested the heck out of that he was a Saudi Shia Muslim, and Saudi Arabia executed him for some reason. I don't remember. Oh yes, attacks by by Yemen on Saudi Aramco.
Speaker 5: Mm let's see.
Speaker 13: There's a few other things. That's That's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Actually, who knows, But yeah, I don't know what the regime change will look like if it is successful. I am hoping that it would make Aron a better ballplayer, so to speak. But I mean, who's to really say it won't just get replaced by somebody who is equal to what they currently have. I you know, who knows. We'll have to just wait and see now. I did want to kind of finish up with this article because we talked about it on the Live yesterday and I feel like people may not have the full context on this one.
Speaker 2: So let's get into it here. Radicalization alarm.
Speaker 1: Why the UAE is losing faith in UK universities For everybody who hasn't heard the UAE, who very well to do nation and they send people from their country all over the world to go to higher levels of education all over the world. But the way that the UK has done business for the past few years and let so many I don't want to just use the word terrorists, but people into their country that are dismantling the UK as a whole. It has gotten so bad, and the UK has said, no, it's not that bad. It's being blasted is more than it is online whatever. The rape gains aren't a thing. The women getting asked to throw it in their face is not a thing. This is just a culture thing. Y'all have to be more tolerant all of this shit. The UK government has said that for a while it has gotten so bad that even other Muslim nations are now not allowing their population to go to school in the UK. And if they do, they're not paying for it like they used to, because they're people who happen to be Islamic will go to the UK and become radicalized by whatever kind of Islam they currently have in the UK, And it's gotten so bad that now it's being recognized on a wider scale, to the tune of pulling funding. Let's get into it here. The UAE has taken a decisive step to limit government funding for Immoradi students who want to study at British universities, reflecting rising tensions over the UK stance on the Islamist Muslim brotherhood. The move signals deeper strains in a historically closed relationship and raises questions about the future of the UK UAE educational ties. So according to the Financial Times report, the UAE's Ministry of Higher Education published a revised list of international universities eligible for state scholarship in June of twenty twenty five. While institutions in the United States, Australia, France and Israel were included, British universities were notably absent. Officials told the UK representatives that the exclusion was intentional, not an oversight. Sources familiar with the discussions explained that Abu Dhabi's primary concern was preventing Imoradi students from exposure to what it views as potential is longist radicalization on UK campuses. A person with direct knowledge said they don't want their kids to be radicalized on campus. UK officials responded by emphasizing the importance of academic freedom.
Speaker 2: That's their response.
Speaker 1: They're losing funding for a certain demographic of students because of the other demographic of students they have, and they're just telling people that, well, we just.
Speaker 2: Need economic we just need educational freedom.
Speaker 1: BRAH officials with knowledge of the policy also told The Times UK that federal funding was being limited for citizens hoping to study in the UK, but that the government was not imposing a blanket ban on enrollments. Wealthier families can still send their children to British universities if they cover the costs themselves, while state funding continues to be available for students studying in other countries. The decision comes after federal funding for emmorties pursuing UK studies had already declined prior to June. Students who had already enrolled in British universities continue to receive support, but the new rules mean that Imoradi students starting courses in the UK will face limited or no government funding.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is from David Collier on X.
Speaker 1: The UAE has cut funding for students who want to study in the UK. It is worried they will be radicalized on campus.
Speaker 2: Let me say that again.
Speaker 1: An Arab state will not send its kids to the UK because it's worried we will turn them into Islamic terrorists.
Speaker 2: Let that sink in. I couldn't have said that better myself, honestly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the radicalization concerns in the Muslim Brotherhood. The UAE's move is closely tied to its long standing concerns about Islamist movements, particularly the Muslim Brotherhood. Since the Arab uprising in twenty eleven, Abu Dhabi has imposed strict controls on domestic Islamist activities and sought to limit political Islam regionally. Under President Shikh Muhammad bin Zaid al Nayan.
Speaker 2: I may have gotten that right.
Speaker 1: The UAE has repeated question the UK's decision not to proscribe the Brotherhood. Official UK data shows that during the twenty twenty three twenty twenty four academic year, seventy students in UK universities were referred for possible participation in government's Prevent Deradicalization program for signs of Islamist radical radicalization.
Speaker 2: Good Lord nearly double the.
Speaker 1: Previous year out of a total higher education population of almost three million students. While one UK academic downplayed the scale of the Islamist activity on campus, they noted that events such as the Israel Gaza conflict have contributed to heightened tensions and protests on campus. The UK government's twenty fifteen review concluded that the Muslim Brotherhood had not been linked to terrorist activities in or against Britain. Of Prime Minister Keir Starmer's administration stated last year that the matter remained under close review. Separately, Nigel Farage, leader of the Reform UK Party, has pledged to ban the Muslim Brotherhood if he becomes Prime minister. The UAE government funded Farage's visit to the country in twenty twenty five. So anyway, I thought this was interesting to bring up. This was actually updated January of this year, actually just a few days ago, and you know, just grand total of things that is something that really does need to sink in.
Speaker 2: Muslims don't want their kids going.
Speaker 1: To school with those Muslims, and whatever you thought whenever I just said those Muslims, it's probably right, and that's something that really needs to sink in. Britain has been They're basically a country in free fall from what I can tell.
Speaker 2: And it's not just because of that, it's because of so many things.
Speaker 1: But this might be the final catalyst to really bring down the last bit of whatever might remain of the British Empire.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I hope Britain gets there, puts their testicles back on, and like reasserts their dominance and their own country.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: I just don't see it happening anyway. Oh good, members of the retinue. As we wrap this episode up, I want to thank you all for joining me this evening and talking with me about all the things and all the stuff going on around the world. Oh go ahead, Sam.
Speaker 19: I was just I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 10: Everything, because you always do a good job and whatever.
Speaker 1: You're cutting out a good bit. But I think I got what you were trying to say, and I appreciate you. Sam. You are the spirit animal. Not only have the cult of Conspiracy, you are the spirit animal of the Cajun Night as well. Clearly obviously so anyway, all good members of the retinue, I want to thank you all for coming out here this evening. Again. For anybody who would like to join the conversation next week, you go to link in the description below to patreon dot com slash Cajun Night.
Speaker 2: There's only one tier for entry.
Speaker 1: We get together every Wednesday night at nine him Centro and we discuss all the things around the world. Sometimes it's history, sometimes it's science, sometimes it's tech, sometimes it's geopolitics. Sometimes it's just whatever comes up in conversation, and we thoroughly enjoy our Wednesday night talks. I want to thank everybody again for coming out here. I am the Cajun Night and as always, God bless