Speaker 1: If at five kre cdtalk station. Brian Thomas, welcoming back to the fifty five Caressey Morning Show from Americans for Prosperity. Get involve. Every little bit helps. An AFP will help you do that. It's AFP action dot com. Get signed up and help motivate and state able hire in the right direction. Welcome back, Donovan and O'Neil from Americans for Prosperity. It's always a pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 2: Brian. Good to be here with you.
Speaker 1: You know, and are you going to talk about energy today? And we'll get to that topic. I just had to just say out loud, filling the gas tank isn't as painful. It just seems like in five minutes time, the price of gas has dropped fairly dramatically. What magic one did Donald Trump waive to cause that.
Speaker 2: To happen.
Speaker 3: Four weeks in a row. I think of consistent drop in national gas price averages. I think what it is, right, there's no single action I think that's been taken, But I think what it is is an increased confidence and the fact that all energy sources here in this country are going to be embrace right, We're not pushing towards this green new deal, Green energy new deal.
Speaker 2: It's recognizing that.
Speaker 3: We've got to have fuel to fuel our cars and an apportable price right now, and folks are making that investment.
Speaker 1: And making that investment, and that is like having a tax cut it. I mean, if you can lower the price of our monthly energy bills, for example, we all benefit from that. It frees up more resources. I just get this idea that, you know, the forces in government are doing everything that they can possibly do to eradicate our extra income and reduce our consumption power. It's like this, it just seems to be this sort of grand conspiracy to limit what we can spend on and soak it all up with outrageous energy prices and you know, increase insurance premiums and increase every I mean, it's just every little bit around us is whittled away, whittled away, whittled away by government action.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you know, there's the there's a direct form of taxation, right that we feel every two weeks at our pocketbook. Then you've got the inflationary form of taxation, right, It's that hidden taxation that comes from the government printing more money and spending more money and debuting value of the dollar. And then there's a regulatory right, so it's even more hidden. But it's the kind of taxation that occurs through the rules and regulations, the red tape that government creates that makes it more cost, creates compliance costs that get passed on to consumers. I think what we're seeing right now is an undoing of a lot of those things, right, lower taxes, less government spending, and cutting a red tape that's leading to relief for American people after four years of Bidenomics.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and this whole idea that you know, climate change, climate change, and forcing energy companies to invest in renewable resources which are not reliable that drives the cost of energy up too, and of course leaves us with less reliable energy sources. And AFP is a hell bend for leather here in Ohio to improve our energy policy. Am I right?
Speaker 3: That's correct? No special interests, no favorite energy. We want an abundance energy, an abundance approach to energy policy making here in the state of Ohio. And I'm happy to report lawmakers in the state of Ohio have started. I have taken some important first steps and getting us.
Speaker 1: There and what might those steps be and I got my fingers crossed and includes a nuclear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we actually issued our first key vote alert yesterday. They voted it out of the Senate Energy Committee unanimously eleven yes.
Speaker 2: Votes, zero no votes. Senate Bill two.
Speaker 3: This is an important piece of legislation that will undo subsidies that were brought in through Houspital six, the scandal written Nuclear Energy LG and will most importantly.
Speaker 2: Expedite the sighting process. This is what you like, Brian.
Speaker 3: I've just prepping for this on the nuclear because I know you're a big nuclear fan. The sighting process, So if you're in the state of Ohio, you'll be able to get an energy project up and going within forty five days. The Power Sighting Board has forty five days to get to a yes or a no.
Speaker 2: Give give an energy company and answer.
Speaker 3: If they were failed to respond, that project's automatically approved. And so what that's gonna do is it's going to signal to energy generators across the country who want to make investments and energy projects that Ohio is open for business and ready to bring. If you've got a project, you can get excited here in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 2: And you're not gonna have.
Speaker 3: To wait years to figure out if you're gonna if it's going to be approved. You're gonna have answers within a month and a half on these expedited processes.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is amazing. Well, let's pause and we'll bring Donovan O'Neil back to talk a little bit more about what this might mean for Ohio. I got to pause and mentioned my good friend Peter Shabria Kellowiams seven Hills and his amazing real estate team providing real value when it comes to buyers agents sellers agents. They are the best in the business. For example, how many realtors do you know that will guarantee the sale of your home? I certainly know one the only agent i'd ever trust to buy or sell a home, the team at Peter Shabria Kelowilliams seven Hills. They're guarantee as simple. You start out, you agree on a price and a timeline with Peter and his team, and if they don't sell your home by that price at that time, they buy it. That's right, they buy it. It's that simple boom. You know exactly buy when your home will sell, and you know exactly what the price will be, but they'll probably end up selling it quicker than that for more money. But you got great results with Peter Shabia Killerwilliams seven Hills to reach them, and you should. It's the only again, the only folks that ever consider retaining for buying orange selling a home. Go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com or call them at five one three seven zero eight three thousand, or if you can't remember that, just remember how to spell shabre c h g b ris. Type in schubary group and you search engine and there they are Subree group Keller Williams.
Speaker 2: Seven Hills, fifty five krc H, Channel nine.
Speaker 1: Weather says warm, windy with gus up to forty miles per hour, and I have seventy to days five eight o'clock storms roll in. They say damaging winds are a concern. It'll go down to thirty seven overnight. Tomorrow's high forty three Media wintery mix cloud as well, mostly cloudy over night twenty nine for the low and a partly cloudy day Friday with gradually clearing skies in a high fifty seven sixty. Right now, let's hear about traffic editions. Chuck from the UCUP Trampic Center.
Speaker 4: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset pedorectal cancer program called five one, three, five eight five UCCC northbound seventy five is closed, all traffic being diverted off of the highway at Sheppard. Then there's two accidents in the backup near Galtworth.
Speaker 2: The right lane blocked off with one of those.
Speaker 4: The right three lanes are blocked northbound seventy one with multiple accidents before you get the two seventy five Chuck ingramon fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty nine on a Wednesday, talking with Domin and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. You two can help. Every little bit counts like a my old constitutional law teacher when speaking about the commerce clause, like a flea urinating in the Pacific Ocean. Every little bit count. So take a baby step or take giant strides. Get in touch with afpaction dot com and they'll help you, well, help you help ourselves here in the state of Ohio. Talking energy policy today was Senate Bill too Donovan, forty five days to approve or deny a project. In terms of what building an energy plan or a power plan or maybe a nuclear plan is it is that?
Speaker 2: Is that? My is that? The is that?
Speaker 1: What is this bill is all about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a number of different provisions in there as well as like removing the electric security plans in place of market rate offers. But on the permitting piece, what's really key here is you'll you know, you hear about all the time, right like Keystone Pipeline and these other energy projects that that that get featured in election years. It's the bureaucracy, right Yeah, the knowing whether projects going have you approved or not that oftentimes can kill these things before they ever see the light of day. I think that's a key part of this, right is that they're saying saying, you know, if we can we find these it's these designated areas of the state where we need the energy generation to occur, We're going to create that expedited that expedited process and for the rest of them, they'll also have a quick and reliable process.
Speaker 2: I think it's something like ninety or one hundred and eighty days. But either way, Brian, what this legislation is.
Speaker 3: Going to do is give folks the confidence that if they're going to invest in an energy project, they're going to have an answer within a defined period of time. No more bureaucrafts slow walking the process. We're going to get it in, we're going to get it out, or you get energy on the grid.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm almost afraid to ask this question, but quite often these projects are held up in litigation. There's all kinds of environmental lawsuits, you know, the oh this particular fish or turtle is going to be impacted by and they run into court and it court slaps an injunction on it, preventing the project from going forward. Does this deal with those types of concerns and resulting delays.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good point. I guess it's not all sunshine and rainbows, right. They don't have a little problem known as the federal government, and you got or nerk if you're dealing with nuclear power. What I think is key here is is you know, and as a state, we're able to move a little faster than the federal government. So the state's going to get its business in order and be ready to go.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to be then.
Speaker 3: Looking to is creating that upward pressure to the federal government and making sure And I think we've got a good voice and advocate in the White House. We've got the right folks in Congress. We need them to do their part. I think a lot of that happens in the one big beautiful bill that's that's being worked on right now in Congress to get the federal government alignment so that, yeah, we can get these projects done and get to focus on relief.
Speaker 2: On their entranty bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned Keystone pipeline. It was you know, approved across the board and you know, over multiple administrations and only to have Biden pulled the plug on it again when he got elected. It's just I have never understood that. And from an environmental standpoint, the pipeline much better than loading up oil onto trains and sending it on train tracks down to the refineries in Texas. So I just really really baffling. So anything else in this centibil too, you want to bring my listeners attention, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Think the other thing is these market rate offers. I hint it out just a moment ago. So you know, when we originally deregulated the state of Ohio. Right, and we said energy generators are in a generator. Energy distributors are going to distribute the energy. Neverthe two shall meet. The distributors sound a number of different loopholes and ways to kind of put riders and new fees on your bill that get us all scratching our heads and wondering why our bills keep going up. The market rate, requiring market rate offers is going to force companies to go to the market like they should in a free market economy and get the best and cheapest options and deliver those to the customers. We think that's going to help do is bring down the costs on energy and again allow all forms of energy wind, solar, nuclear, coal, oil, gas, whatever to compete on the same marketplace, in the same marketplace for your energy dollar, ultimately resulting in a better product for the consumers. And that's what this bill is all about, empowering the consumers.
Speaker 1: Well, that's wonderful. And lower energy prices mean we have a greater magnet to draw business and industry in the state of Ohio. I mean, can you imagine trying to set up a business in California with the outrageous price of energy there. Oh, look, here's a cheaper option. We've got plenty of land resources and abundant cheap energy in the state of Ohio. I know Viva Grammarsom he's planning on getting rid of the income tax. Whether he's successful in that or not, but that also is a type of magnet. It's certainly worked for Texas and Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and when you talk about businesses, there's also provisions in here to allow behind what they call behind the meter for large companies. So if Amazon or Google want to locate their big data centers here in the state of Ohio right now, many of the proposals have had taxpayers on the hook. If those projects fall through or something happens, taxpayers, the rate payers are going to have to shoulder some of that burden.
Speaker 2: This removes that.
Speaker 3: Provision, removes that ability and says no, Amazon, Google, you can build your energy behind the meter here in the state of Ohio. In fact, we want you to do it, but you're not going to put it on the backs of the rate payers. And so what we think that'll do is allow those private companies to partner with energy generation companies to build their necessary energy infrastructure to put their projects here in Ohio, and then I Yali Bryant, with Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey fail to actually embrace energy abundance in their states. They're going to come knock on Ohio's door asking to get that energy onto the grid. We're going to become a net exporter of energy, where right now we're a net importer of energy. We ought to be exporting our energy to the East Coast, and we're going to be able to do that. I think if Centebil two becomes law.
Speaker 1: I agree completely. And you know, going back to nuclear, which you know I like, and these modular nuclear plants which have a very small footprint, not your three mile island technology folks. We're decades and decades beyond that from a technological standpoint. But those big powerhouse data companies, they have massive political influence, they have massive amounts of money, and they need huge amounts of energy to run these data centers. They'll have they can build their own modular nuke plants and we will enjoy the benefits of it, because I presume the way these nuclear plants work, they'll generate far more energy than the data centers actually require, which means local communities can get the benefit of the having the nuclear power plants there.
Speaker 2: Yep. And that's the idea.
Speaker 3: And a lot of folks have been hung up on, well, was the federal you know, the Fed's going to have this stuff go on the grid?
Speaker 2: How's this all going to work?
Speaker 3: I think what we're seeing in Centabile two and from the conversations happening in committee and outside of the committee, is we're just gonna We're just going to open up the state of Ohio for energy bundance. We're going to take this energy abundance approach to policy making.
Speaker 2: We're going to ask folks to cite their projects here in the state.
Speaker 3: Of Ohio all the above, and as as folks see this energy have generating in the state of Ohio, they're going to come knock in and asking for it. And it's gonna it's gonna end up working out to where this this is going to create an opportunity here in the state of Ohioland so, uh yeah, that's that's the idea. And by the way, we're doing it with how many subsidies Brian Zero, We've got fire to have a rate payers subsidize anybody's favorite interest projects.
Speaker 2: We're doing it with.
Speaker 3: Zero and they're because they're letting the free market dictate how this is going to operate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that last one was attained in controversy. To say the least, political careers and freedoms and liberties in jeopardy is a consequence of that, Shenanigan. So this is a better approach. How come my listeners getting involved on Van O'Neill.
Speaker 3: Well, we're at a critical juncture. Go to Buckeye blueprint dot com. You go to Buckeye blueprint dot com. Most important is reach out to your senators. We anticipate this legislation will be on the floor of the Ohio Senate later today, if not next week, and then there's legislation moving in the House as well. And so most importantly, contact your representatives and say, hey, support energy generation here in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 2: And you do that by visiting Buckeye blueprint dot com.
Speaker 1: Well, it came out of committee unanimous. Is there really any political opposition to this in Columbus?
Speaker 3: The only folks who are posing this are the utilities because they stand to lose the most and the ability to impact rate pairs with these new writers that they.
Speaker 2: Keep imposing on otherwise.
Speaker 3: There's pretty pretty widespread support for this legislation because it doesn't favor any particular group, a resource, or industry.
Speaker 1: It helps all Ohio residents who consume power and pay a power bill. That's great news for everybody in the state of Ohio. Thank you Buckeye Blueprint dot Com. Donovan, and you will keep up the great work. I'll look forward to having you back on with maybe more good news next time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely see right, take.
Speaker 1: Care brother seven eight here fifty five KRCD talk stations. Speaking of energy, USA installation will help you cut down on that energy bill regardless of what the price of energy is. You got USA Premium foam and the exterior walls of your home, you will save money, it's guaranteed, you know. And improve the comfort of your home too. You'll notice that day one it'll be quieter in your home to start with, but of course even distribution the summertime, of course, the air conditioned air be nice and cool regardless of where you are. But if your home is mid seventies or before, you've got nothing in the exterior walls and mid seventies and after at least for a while, under insulated. I use my daughter's house as an example. R twelve deteriorates over time, doesn't provide even an R twelve After a long time, we got the FOAM for their home and now they're enjoying the comfort and savings throughout the year. And every little bit counts when you're young folks on a budget, So save the money, do the right thing. Call USA and get a free quote. It is free, and it's only ninety nine dollars a month, interest free, and a lot of folks save even more than that on their energy bills. Yeah, huge improvement on energy savings three eight one three six two six three eight one foam. Take advantage of the twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year as well. USA Insallation dot net fifty five krc Andy, Andy