Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go. Three games today, Come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies in general hockey ride Ryle. That's right, babe, wake you wake your hands off. Snakey Rob Ryan show check it in throw Back Thursday, Jesus Jones, Rob Zombie, Goldfinger, great choices today on Throwback Thursday. Fix to Gram Thursday. Sure, it's the day we play Read my Lips. And because the suburb of Summer Sizzler is locked into the eight twenty, Read my Lips is at seven twenty. We've got some great games. You guys have been doing a great job. As long as you guys send me the words boom, we can do this. So email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com. I need your word suggestions to use for Reading my Lips. I believe it's Alex taking on Tessa today. Now, Craig, you know that whatever guy. He came back. Boy, he's got some seeds to come back on this show. But he won yesterday. He's going for win number two. Chili puts some great concert tickets in there, pit tickets to Limp Biscuit Sunday night. We'll give you those on the fun fact flashback Pit tickets to I Prevail Hailstorm Saturday nights. We'll get you those on the Reading my lips the winner, read my lips it is oh jez I, can I read my own writing here? Dayton?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Taking on Richmond today? That's right, Dayton, Bobby Richmond, Savannah suburb Summer Sissler weez Are tickets. Early in the nine Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary tickets on Know the show. We got a heat dome today. Heat advisory is going to start at about eleven o'clock. So there's that, and then I we got more school up in the morning and out jesss got Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know you guys see the Facebook timelines of your precious angels going back to school, all those moments starting to trickle in.
Speaker 4: Today it's Fort.
Speaker 3: BENDYSD and Magnolia headed out the door to kick off their news school year. This is happening across the Houston area and we are excited. If you're up with us, hang out with us. Y'all look great so far. On Facebook. You want to share any of those back to school moments, you can always send them to us and we'll tweet them out, but get back on the road and be safe and have a great school year.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about some serious stuff.
Speaker 3: President Biden gave his first interview since deciding to drop out of the twenty twenty four election. He sat down with Rubbert Kustav CBS and apparently they did the interview yesterday at the White House. It's gonna air on it's in its entirety.
Speaker 4: Of Sunday morning this weekend.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Vice President Harris's campaign is up thirty six million dollars in fundraising. She announced that Minnesota Governor Tim Wallas is her running mate and since then they're just like racking up donations.
Speaker 4: So that's kind of the political stuff.
Speaker 3: We do have another Olympic blog page up on Linkston Guests. There's a rundown of the latest viral Olympic moments for you there.
Speaker 4: You can go check it out.
Speaker 3: There's an update from the French pole vaulter who mentioned his package in a now deleted TikTok, but you can still see it on our blog page. There's a fourteen year old Australian skateboarder that was promised at pet Duck if she won gold she's getting a pet duck.
Speaker 4: Spoiler.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Yeah, so tons of stuff on the Olympic blog page there also did you hear about this? Taylor Swift was set to play her three sold out shows in Vienna, Austria. Oh canceled, right canceled. They were the target of a terrorist attack. The two men who were planning the attack were arrested. Both have sworn allegiance to ISIS, and according to the newspaper there in Austria, they were radicalized over the internet. One of the suspects only nineteen years old. Police raided his house and found chemicals and substances that could have been used to build a bomb. Taylor was expected to perform tonight, Tomorrow and Saturday to sold out crowds. So we'll figure it out. We'll get the update on that soon. But pretty scary. Oh wait, let's talk about Jack Black, because he is trying to assure Tenacious dfans that they will be back. There's just no word on win. So if you didn't know, Kyle Gass, the other half of Tenacious D, made a joke on stage about the Trump assassination attempt last month, and it kind of went downhill for the band after that so beIN.
Speaker 5: A video I've seen on TikTok kind of circulating like, this is Kyle, this is why Tenacious D is breaking up And they do a song called Kyle quit the band on a lot most of their sets. Yeah, and they have a fake fight on stage and people have kind of manipulated the video. Bak no, this is Jack Black right after Kyle said that breaking like this has been breaking.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, that's a bit they've had for years. They just need to let people forget about it and then they'll be back. That's agree. You just gotta go away for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Those are the headlines of the day.
Speaker 1: There it Alex Well.
Speaker 5: The Astros got another one yesterday, beat the Rangers six to four.
Speaker 6: That means that the Ashes have won the Silver.
Speaker 5: Boot Series for eight consecutive years. They've got the day off today before they open up a weekend series with the Red Sox in Boston tomorrow night. You know.
Speaker 6: The Olympics Team USA added three more gold.
Speaker 5: Medals to their total yesterday in Paris. Sarah Hildebrandt won golden women's wrestling, Quincy Hall took gold in the men's four hundred meters. We also got Golden women's cycling and ire women's basketball team beat Nigeria to advance to the semifinals. The men's team to play in the semifinals.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 5: US had ninety four total medals, twenty seven having her gold, China only twenty five.
Speaker 6: Gold, so we still have the overall gold medal lead.
Speaker 5: In football news, textans going to play the second preseason game tomorrow night, taking on the Steelers up in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on.
Speaker 1: Which here we go, all right, four hours of pain? Who wants the first phone call? Already? Words coming in for read my lips, Thank you very much and need you to email me Rod at the buzz dot com. First phone call could be all yours if you want it, come get it. Seven one three two one two five nine four five Chill. He's not doing anything right now. He's looking at pictures of Sable. Remember her, remember WWE it's her birthday today. He's trying to find Randow. He's trying to find just the right one to post on the Looking at Girls blog page. So he's got time to take your call. He's just he's in Sable. He's just got stable pictures everywhere.
Speaker 7: Is that rock?
Speaker 1: Lesner's wife. I don't know, I think so all right, here we go, first phone call, What do you want? Seven? One three two one two five nine. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, okay, ninety four five The Buzz Jodey, the Little Secret from the All American Rejects, and we are often running on a throwback Thursday. Oh you want to vote? You want to vote on what song that that's going to be played at nine thirty easily can be done on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at Thebuzz dot com. That's where you're going to see. They're looking at girls blog page and the Fixtagram Thursday and information about the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Okay, October twelfth, Carbok Brewery, we'll have tickets for you today on the show. Jolly's gonna make you sit in that eat dome for four hours until you get them on know the show. The heat advisory today is going to kick in at about eleven o'clock, so ten percent chance of rain. I see nothing over that, but sunny highs up around ninety nine. We hit one hundred yesterday and it was only a second time. And you know more of those one hundred day temperatures are coming. So today we're gonna be really really close sitting around there, but heat advisory. So I mean, he's gonna feel like one hundred and eight or above today, so nasty. You know how to do this if you're outdoors. Kids more kids back at school. I see Testa's already covering that. That whatever, guy Craig whatever, he is going for win number two today. I will ask him if he ever went back to listen to that game that he lost and he was very unhappy about. Pit tickets to Limp Biscuit. Of course. You know that show is on Sunday. I can't believe there's still tickets available. Did you not hear me? Corey Feldman is opening. Okay, now go get your tickets because they'll be gone soon. Pit tickets to I Prevail Hailstorm. That's Saturday Night, the winner of reading my lips. Keep the words coming in. You're doing a great job. Dayton and Richmond playing in the suburb summer sizzler, and I see a lot of phone lines ringing right now.
Speaker 8: I'm for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, looks like you bet got one of the first UH answers from Chili this morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you? I'm great in yourself? Do it great? What can I help you with this morning?
Speaker 3: Yes? I wanted to see if you guys were giving away twenty year anniversary tickets.
Speaker 1: We are your voice?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is anybody? Is anybody getting that Halloween song where the kid goes trick or treating? Is anybody getting that? A little bit of that with her voice? A little to eat my pumpkin? Which we'll be playing that soon enough?
Speaker 4: Sweetish, Okay, I'm gonna keep it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 1: Oh you've not heard this song? No, I went treating Tuesday.
Speaker 4: That's exactly it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't remember any other words. All right, I'm sorry. Did you have a question for me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I wanted to see if you were giving away the twenty year anniversary tickets right now?
Speaker 1: Oh not right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That would you know what I don't. I can't say that. I never have, but I don't like giving away UH tickets For the first phone call. I want the first phone call to be organic. I want you to call because you want to call. So I've been listening to you.
Speaker 5: I'm here at the gym.
Speaker 4: I'm listening to you, member of the show.
Speaker 1: I can't stand it. She's the voice of that, she's that little girl singing that Halloween song.
Speaker 4: So you know what happens if you don't.
Speaker 1: I can't what she wants. Oh yeah, ok so, so so there are no tickets or any prizing involved in the first phone call. Now, what Chili has done for you today is on the last thing that we do before we get out of here. It's called no the show, and we and Tessa asks a question about something she might ask a question about you today. I don't know. She asked a question about something that was covered on the show. And then to prove that you listened, we give away something, and today that something is twentieth aniversary tickets. Okay, okay, okay, Well thank you. You said you were at the gym.
Speaker 4: Thank you, yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: What you're working on today? Glutes? Okay, glutes? All right, thank you very much? Did you have that? I just want to play just the beginning, just so I can get that voice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: That's all I could hear when she was talking. She sounded like this little girl.
Speaker 7: I went to tweeting to your day.
Speaker 4: I rece.
Speaker 1: Yes or no.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The first after school, the first man I saw.
Speaker 1: Okay, the.
Speaker 4: Adult version very similar.
Speaker 1: We should have all grown up, but we should have heard you. A local version where she's talking about going around different neighborhoods in the Houston area or asking all right, you Vett, if you can sing, man, if you can sing, you vet, We're gonna use you.
Speaker 6: Yes, rock and all tearn very soon.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Morning Show, I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Gotty four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. As always every day, we've got a lot of Olympic coverage and viral videos and fun moments and metal accounts and all of that on links and guests, and I know Alex has got a ton of that on the sports blog page today. Okay, hope you're off to a great start to your day. I am. You know why because you have done an amazing job of getting me words for reading my lips. I have a ton of them. I have a ton of them right now. I still need more. Email me your word suggestions. We play Read my Lips at seven twenty because the Suburbs summer sizzlers at eight twenty. I'm getting set up here for fresh out of bed, head to head. I got Craig speech all cued up and ready to go. You know, the whatever guy. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny, high of ninety nine. Heat advisory will start today at eleven. We are in the heat dome.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Quincy Hall is one of the top searches on Google and his four hundred meters raise that was just all heart is trending everywhere.
Speaker 1: It was like the.
Speaker 5: Fifteen hundred meter a couple of days ago where we were trailing and then just right at the end came in and one and just turned on the after burner.
Speaker 1: He looked like a rocket. About ten seconds before that race ended, he looked like he was dying and everything right, and then just finding that extra year. It's amazing and those are It's an all time great Olympic moment for sure.
Speaker 4: So that's a top search on Google right now.
Speaker 1: Let's never give up.
Speaker 4: So is Angelman syndrome.
Speaker 3: Apparently Colin Ferrell started a foundation in honor of his son who has Angelman syndrome. This is a disease that affects the nervous system. It's a neurogenetic disorder that's pretty rare. So that's a top search. Colin Ferrell in the news cycle because he's revealing that his son has been dealing with this, and this is something that their family's been dealing with. Another thing that's trending on Google is McDonald's trying to tap into some nostia. They did this collectible cup drop and you can see some of the designs on like if you just search Google. But I can retweet them out too.
Speaker 1: I think they're beanie babies.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so beanie babies.
Speaker 1: Those are the cups. So there's a bunch of them. You can see that. I got it on the food blog page.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, all kinds of different things. There's a Shrek cup, there's a Hello Kitty cup, there's the Polar Bear Coca Cola cup.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they are pulling the nostalgia strings. That's what's trending on eighty.
Speaker 1: Four to five to the Bus, Good morning, everybody. This is a guy rock. It would never come back. I am Craig to whatever guy and I am also you're.
Speaker 3: Fresh out of bed at that one day Champion, Join me on six Thursdays.
Speaker 1: I make it win number two. They just never thought I'd get this guy back on the air with us, and then lo and behold, he just shows up yesterday seven one three, two, one two five. If you think you can beat him, Rod Ryan Show on n but no doubt on a Throwback Thursday, okays, chance of ain't sunning today highs of around ninety nine. You can vote on your three throwback Thursday songs right now. Jesus Jones, right here, right now, boy, we haven't had that on in a long time. Rob Zombie never gonna stop. Goldfinger here in your bedroom. I love that song. I'm gonna have to vote for Goldfinger on this one. Okay, Let's see who wants to take on the whatever guy. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Good morning, Craig, Good morning, So Craig, on that infamous morning when I notified you that you lost and you dropped the whatever and that was it, then silence treatment. Did you go back and listen to the game. Did you agree with the call made on the show?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't listen to it. No, I didn't agree with so you just wanted to bitch out and not even go and listen to see if we got it right.
Speaker 6: We're wrong.
Speaker 1: I know what I heard. Listen to the one. Listen to the one from yesterday. Listen to the First Questions.
Speaker 6: Podcast.
Speaker 1: I did do that, so you did listen to it. We were right, dude, you won? What do you crack? The cash man?
Speaker 4: Some bad luck you're.
Speaker 1: Taking on Richard this morning? Hello Richard, Hey brother, good morning. Are you gonna get this guy off the show? Are you gonna win?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna give it my best.
Speaker 1: Okay, have for three with y'all. Every time I've listened to the playback. If y'all are spot on.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We we get something right. You have something for Richard and Richard had a drop Richard or as you watch spankvision that year? All right, very good? Richard and Craig the whatever guy? What are they playing for? Oh?
Speaker 3: I just appair of tickets to see thirty seconds to Mars and afi Willand's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: That's all whatever? Whatever? Alright, Craig and Richard. Question number one, make it easy on us. Just say your name way before the other guy. All right, what sauce nobody. Okay, what sauce is most commonly used to dip your sushi in? Craig, what sabi? I don't know that that's the most common sauce? Is not a sauce, Richard, what sauce is most commonly used to dip your sushi in? Soy?
Speaker 6: Sauce? Shabby is not a sauce?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 4: Correct, it's a pace.
Speaker 1: Thanks, he's changed from whatever to anyway.
Speaker 6: Wait, I'll give you that.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 1: Next, Richard, you're one question away from ending this torture. Craig and Richard, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What letter stands for the number ten in Roman numerals? Richard? Richard? That would be the X rod the X. I heard it.
Speaker 7: I heard it.
Speaker 1: I heard it on the X.
Speaker 6: He definitely heard Richard's name of footpack.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Richard got in first.
Speaker 4: He did, but it sounded like he was in any other room screaming.
Speaker 6: It wasn't Yeah, I heard Craig. You're gonna listen to it after.
Speaker 1: This, Craig, you want to, Craig any final words?
Speaker 6: Oh, there's a hell of a ride, buddy.
Speaker 1: See in Thirty Days by Craig I okay, Richard. Well, now it's time on the Rod Ryan Show where we dance. Richard. Congratulations, Alex is a drop machine this morning. Oh Richard, I'm so happy. Hold me, Richard. You want to play tomorrow? Absolutely Mamy Ryan Show, The Buzz by the Buzz Foo Fighters and under You Rot Ryan Show, uh amp and Off. I just can't wait for that Heat Advisor reready kick in today. That's going to start at about a love one o'clock and it's going to be on all day because we are under that heat Dome could hit ninety nine true temperatures, sunny skies, low chances of rain. Josh says, Rot, you forgot to mention to Craig the whatever guy that the delay is real. Yeah. I don't tell that to everybody, but I guess it's the thing. I don't know. I've never played the game. Shane Kenny, the cash Man has been replaced by Craig the money order guy. The money order guy. I'm not getting met. He said. It's not my best work, but give me a break. It's still early and Tanya, I think, yes, it's Tanya. What can I say? I always root for the bad guys. I'm gonna miss the whatever guy. Yeah, people like him, Craig, people like him. Yeah, people do like the sas.
Speaker 4: They like the sass uh huh.
Speaker 9: They like those guys that put up a little resistance. All right, we do have a new champion, fresh out of bad head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 5: They're born than everybody.
Speaker 6: This is your hero, Richard. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, the man that saved you from the whatever guy. Two questions to answers draw me on free beare Friday.
Speaker 1: When I'm making win number two, that's just call missus Craig already too. It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that's to the day. Okay, here's some fun facts for you today. You know we're gonna move into some pit. Tickets to Olympus. Kid on the flashback, put some new stuff for you to look smart in front of your buddies. Even if you don't win a medal at the Olympics, there's a consolation prize for the athletes who finish fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth. Really yeah, I never heard this before. They all get a certificate and it's called an Olympic diploma participation diploma. He said, football is starting up tomorrow. I meant we already cut again. Giants are playing games start today. Thanks. The very first tailgate on record happened in eighteen sixty one. People traveled to go watch the Battle of bull Run in the Civil War. They had pictix while they cheered on their side during war.
Speaker 2: Natural bulls have tails, get it, tailgate tail gate Battle of bull Run?
Speaker 1: Sure, what if they had what if they had bacon raf shrimp? Probably Hawaii eight Islands, right, that's what you always talk about. Yeah, Hawaii eight Islands. Well, no, those are the eight big ones. There's one hundred and twenty nine other small ones. Hawaii is made up of one hundred and thirty seven islands. That's neat it is. It's the fuck back to the day we make you look smart, bodies. It's the fu the day. All right, talk to me about these amazing tickets Sunday night.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna put.
Speaker 3: Someone in the pit to see limp biscuit with bones, Nate no Face, Corey Feldman and riff Raff. It's this Sunday Woodlands Pavilion tickets around till now. There are still some available at ticketmaster dot com. But if you want a pair of pit tickets, you gotta have some.
Speaker 6: Recall it's your fun fact.
Speaker 1: Dwayne the Rock Johnson, he used to make some bad movies. Huh oh early in his career. Oh yeah, I mean he's way past that. But Hercules sucked. It was a terrible. It was terrible. But Hercules the character had a beard. Dwayne and the Rock Johnson did not have a beard. They had to put a beard on him. They used this animal's testicle hair for the beard. Seven one three two one two five ninety four five. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain cash Well. I hope he's on the phone. He is, good morning, how brother Rod? There he is there? He is, Hey, how do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 10: O keep giving a little back? The Dow was down two hundred and thirty one points. Yeah, kick off this morning at thirty eight thousand and seven sixty three. NAZDAK down one hundred and seventy one to sixteen thousand, one hundred and ninety five. Bench mark ten year Treasury is at a three point ninety two percent and oil stands at seventy five dollars thirty cents a barrel to them as active. The big studs Apple, Merk and Procter and Gamble, the big duds am Jen Walt, Disney and Intel. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on wholesale inventories for June right now. Features, well, they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 10: This is hal in Manija director with Rammy James, put up for the rider on show from Raymy James and Sam flip down and got said dump you just always rocked out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Vimian's expressed are those of hell Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James of Associates Income Ever, nysc AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end this programs or an educational and informational services Only the studs and does are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 1: By Yan ninety four or five The Buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, it's your let's go over to the phones here, Good morning, good morning. Well hello is this Joe? Yes, sir, Joe, Hey, Joe, welcome to the fun Fact flashback. Okay, big ticket here, don't be nervous. Dwayne the Rock Johnson had a beard in the movie Hercules. Problem is he didn't have a real beard, so they had to put one on him. They used testicle hair from this animal. What animal? It's a yick sir A yeah, congratulations show yeah yack testco yack. Testicle hair was the beard in the movie Hurt release. What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: Boh dude, you get the pit tickets, the limp biscuit. Congratulations, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Bro. I believe Nicole is the one that gave me that fun fact yesterday. All right, Joe, I'll see you down there in the pit. Okay, brother here, sir, all right, Joe hang out for me. Ten percent chance of rain nothing above that, Sonny. Yeah hot yeah. True temperature ninety nine one hundred today, so that's heat advisory is going to start today at around eleven o'clock. Here we go. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, we're going to welcome everyone back to school for sure.
Speaker 3: The new school year is kicking off across the Houston area today. It's Fort bend Id and Mednolia. And have you seen your timelines yet? Like the back to school? My name is so, and so it is my I'll be in second grade. My favorite foods are peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 1: You know what I've seen the most of are people saying, stop giving up all that information.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: The kids.
Speaker 6: You know, your school, your teacher, with grades you're in.
Speaker 4: Yep, people are creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately those are fun but yeah they get I guess propose a safety risk.
Speaker 1: Because I think people have you know, pre made maybe chalkboards and it says grade, teacher, school, and all that information. They're saying, don't just here's the kid first day of school. Leave it at that boom, don't make sure, don't tell people where your kid's going to school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what people even know in your kids name.
Speaker 1: I just I've seen a lot of that, just this year, more so than other years.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a good reminder It's also a good time to remind people, Hey, there's more people out on the roads right now, and you guys just got to be aware that those school zones that weren't activated for the summer months are now back up, so you got to be careful. You don't want to get a ticket and you don't want to hurt anyone. So welcome back to school to you guys that are going in for Bendon Magnalia, and we'll be welcoming the whole Houston area as you guys trickle in. Okay, this next story, I've been wanting to talk about it for a couple of days, so I'm just gonna.
Speaker 7: Go for it.
Speaker 3: NASA, the delays keep coming for two astronauts, two NASA astronauts who remain on the International Space Station well past their plan time. So Butch Wilmore and Soudy Williams were supposed to be on the station for eight days and they've been a board in that capsule for two months now. NASA is hinted that they may wind up having to return to Earth in February on a SpaceX capsule if the problems with the star liner that they're on can't be resolved. They are analyzing thruster problems. There are league problems. This Boeing star Liner capsule is experiencing all kinds of technical difficulties, and it is like, what do you do as an astronaut? You this is my assignment. I knew this was a possibility. Those two back home. Gotta get them back home. So I wanted to mention that all.
Speaker 4: Wait, let's talk about Rod's favorite cat.
Speaker 1: I'm allergic.
Speaker 4: Happy International Cat Day to all of those who celebrate.
Speaker 3: We would like to see your cats if you would like to share a picture with us on the X. But if you want to do something nice for them, maybe not make so much noise. This pole asks two thousand cat and dog owners to name the top things that can freak their pet out or cause anxiety, and loud farts are in the top ten. What they don't like it it scares them. Fireworks number one, of course, going to the vet number two, the vacuum cleaner number three.
Speaker 4: New people.
Speaker 3: Some animals hate a stranger. They don't like to meet someone for the first time.
Speaker 1: Voodoo actually seems excited when she goes to the vet. Okay, because they all like fawn all over her I mean everyone comes out and greets her. She loves it over there, some.
Speaker 4: Some animals, dogs and cats. They don't like.
Speaker 3: Set of movements, balloons, popping, loud farts, they don't like.
Speaker 4: That came in at number seven.
Speaker 3: The rapper Nelly is under arrest for alleged possession of ecstasy pills police in Maryland Heights, which is a suburb outside of Saint Louis only some town.
Speaker 4: They made the announcement.
Speaker 3: He was taken into custody before five am and has been released. There is a Nelly mugshot and uh yeah, ecstasy pills not a good look for Nelly. Okay, speaking of like musicians behaving badly, the story you have of Ozzy Osbourne on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: On tour with they took Ozzie took Motley Crew out on the road when Motley was just starting out.
Speaker 4: Oh that's which is a scene in the dirt if you go see Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 1: Just this legend. It's like one of the most told rock stories of all time. They just they were each trying to outgross out each other.
Speaker 4: I don't even like this.
Speaker 1: This came from Assie Snort in the line of ants, right right, apparently it got way worse.
Speaker 3: After it got way worse, it got kicked out of the pool.
Speaker 4: Apparently he.
Speaker 3: He's like always just peeing and pooping everywhere, Rod, I don't want to read it right, it's like no, so so anyway, like supposedly he peas any poops and then it's so funny and then they go back up to the hotel to the room.
Speaker 4: Dude, poops again. They're like painting the walls with it because that's rock and roll.
Speaker 3: Dude, No, bro, you can, he said. Tommy said that was the final straw. The painting with the poop was the final straw for Tommy. You can go read the whole story on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he must have been on some kind of podcast telling, I mean really graphic detailed storytelling.
Speaker 6: Here what you.
Speaker 5: Gottros got another win yesterday. They beat the Rangers six to four, which means for the eighth year in a row, the silver boot.
Speaker 6: Stays in Houston.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have a day before opening up a weekend series at the Red Sox in Boston tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: In the Olympics, Team.
Speaker 5: USA added three more gold medals to their total yesterday in Paris, Sarah Hildebrant won Golden women's wrestling, Quincy Hall took gold in the men's four hundred meters, and we.
Speaker 6: Also got gold in women's team cyclelinkling.
Speaker 5: Our women's basketball team beat Nigeria to advance the semifinals as well.
Speaker 6: The men are going to play Serbia in the semifinals. Today.
Speaker 5: US has ninety four total medals, twenty seven of them are gold, which is ahead of China's twenty five.
Speaker 6: We're absolutely just dominating the world right now.
Speaker 1: Have we done? Have we hit one hundred medals ever?
Speaker 6: Going to probably today?
Speaker 1: But have we ever heard it before?
Speaker 6: Yeah? We had to.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel like we have more. We're just we have more athletes over there than ever before.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then in football Attecks, we're gona play their second preseason game tomorrow night. They'll face the Steelers in Pittsburgh. On the sports blog page today, lots of training camp fights are happening right now. Seahawks receiver dk Metcalf got fed up with a teammate during practice And this is kind of funny because they had NFL Network was talking about Seahawks camp and in the background see dk Metcalf just rip his homet off and throw it at his and then there is an Appalachian State player that also hit his teammate with his helmet.
Speaker 6: So if you want to see guys get mad and fight and practice, which blood page show Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 8: The Rod Rost The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan's Show. On this throwback Thursday, we're gonna talk songs. We're gonna tell you what we're gonna see what you guys are voting for, and play some song clips coming up in just the second. But I hope you're off too. A great starts here Thursday. I hate telling you about. We're under the heat Dome and there's a heat advisory starting today at eleven o'clock. True temperatures are gonna top out at around ninety nine one hundred degrees, but they feel like it's cool. They feel like it's going to feel like one hundred and eight or above, and that's where you get the heat advisory. So you gotta be careful if you're going on tours. Already blew off the pit tickets. Olympus get we just did that. Oh, we got more pit tickets because we're gonna play Read my Lips coming up in just a little bit. I prevail Hailstorm Arm Hollywood on Dead Saturday Night, Woodlands tickets in the pit. Choose your horse wisely on Reading my Lips today because that is a huge price. Of course, we've got the summurb of Summer Sizzler that's coming up. We play at eight twenty, so that's the reason we're doing Reading my Lips back at seven twenty. If you're looking for Rod Ryan' show twentieth anniversary tickets, we'll get in line. Everybody's waiting on those tickets. That's the number one email I get. It's the top call. It was the first phone call of the day today. Everyone wants in October twelfth Carbonk Brewery. I get it. I want to be there too, twentieth anniversary show. You still the only way to get in is by winning your way in. Okay, So throw back Thursday, Alex. We should do song clips. Yeah, we get it in. Where are you at with Goldfinger? This seems like something that you would like.
Speaker 6: They were a Tony Hawk band, So I'm always.
Speaker 1: In on Finger, Okay. Used to have a Darren Feffer was the guy out of Buffalo that moved and then he made it big. He was the drummer of Goldfinger. You watched this video, you could see him drumming back there in his shorts. He's got that Buffalo Sabers old school tattoo on his leg. The lead singer went on to work with a bunch of bands. He was doing some A and R and things like that out scouting bands. I think John the lead singer this is Goldfinger, and they did some great covers back in the day. But their song that was a hit.
Speaker 7: For them was here in Your Bedroom, says diast.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this had to be on every skateboard video.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was Superman was there.
Speaker 1: Yep. They did a mashup cover of Ronnie James Dio and Duran Durant. That was amazing. This is pretty old, guys. This man started in the late eighties. I think this is nineteen ninety one. It was a big MTV song. Jesus Jones right here right now, willing under Tessa.
Speaker 4: You know this, Yeah, this is really popular.
Speaker 1: It was a huge you know what I was gonna say, The licensing of this song. They must have made a ton of money in this just it appearing in different promotional videos and commercials. Ways, ways.
Speaker 7: Right right.
Speaker 1: Then, this was really I mean anything pre Nirvana. This was like really alternative. So Goldfinger in last place with twenty percent of the vote. Jesus Jones, you're listening to right here right now, twenty five percent of the vote. What's winning today? What's the.
Speaker 5: Use my body to keep you alive?
Speaker 1: You guys like to rock, know you do? Rob Zombie never gonna stop. I forgot about this song. I mean, you know what you're getting when you when you say here's Rob Zombies. Yeah, I forgot about this song altogether. You guys didn't. Wizard didn't. Wizard didn't. You guys didn't. It's got fifty three percent of the vote.
Speaker 7: Stop man, stop, stop, those.
Speaker 1: Are your choices right now. Winning song will be played at nine thirty. Hey, it's only seven o'clock. What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: It's not too bad books because the Sizzlers at date twenty. So we got to play this game.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I will do one final scan. Thank you so much. A million words came in during home room today, so that really does help me out. No, I'm not moving the game, though not permanently, but seven twenty I'm ready for it. Though it's Tessa taking on Alex. I'll do one final scan of words. We'll get set up for read my lips. It's for pit tickets for Hailstorm Saturday night. So we'll get you calling in here soon. Rock and Alternative use to The.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Let's start listening ninety four or five the Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Alex, you got a new pot up today?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just posted up to the rod Ryan Show page.
Speaker 5: We talked to Olympics about how America is awesome and how we're the best country ever. And then we talked a lot about NFL training camps and kind of what we're looking forward to this NFL Seaton, answered questions, did a bunch of other fun stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, the Past the Gravy Episode nine. Thou is up on the Word seventy seven World Famous Rob Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot Com. Sunny today, I have ninety nine Heat Advisory is gonna kick in at about eleven today. Yeah, it's gonna be on all day. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Did you guys see that French athlete who was doing the women's steeplechase, and then after the race, she like goes over to the stands and proposes to her boyfriend.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm the biggest steeplechase fan there is as of this weekend.
Speaker 1: But she proposed to him.
Speaker 4: I don't, I don't, I don't like. I don't rock that way. But I'm always in agreeance. If you're the athlete and you want to bring someone into the moment, I'm with that. I'm with that. If it's the other way around, then he's stealing the spot, right Like if he had run to her and proposed, It's like, dude, this is not your Olympics. You did not train all the time.
Speaker 3: So like, I mean, I like agree with the woman doing it, but this is this check's this passes the vibe.
Speaker 4: Check for me. So good, good for them. They look very happy.
Speaker 3: All So, did you see Amanda Vin's resurface on social media? Well, yeah, so she Amanda Vines has struggled with mental health. She's a former child star. She got on Instagram to tell everyone that she has not yet gotten her manicurist license. She wants to be able to get a job at a nail salon. So she's like, look, I gotta go back. I gotta study manicurist theory. I got to practice doing more acrylics, and then I'll take the test again.
Speaker 4: I will update you guys.
Speaker 1: So wow, that's trending.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's Amanda Mindes.
Speaker 3: Anytime she does anything on social media, people are like, they love her. You know, they're part of her childhood. They're part of her. It's part of her childhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think people just want her to be happy.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing I wanted to mention was all the fantastic blog pages that Chile has up right now, still have time to vote for Throwback Thursday song. A lot of you guys are clicking that link, but most of you guys are definitely going over to the Instagram Thursday. It's her number one blog page right now. So that's what TRN y four five the bus All.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you guys so much for coming in early on all these great word suggestions. We're gonna have a great game coming up to early. Oh my god, Tessa taking on Alex this morning.
Speaker 4: Sorry ready, even though I just realized it, choose wisely.
Speaker 1: You just heard somebody was shocked that we're playing right now. Pitt tickets that I prevail in hailstorm is what someone's going to leave the game with. Is Alex gonna win you those tickets? Is Tessa gonna win you those tickets? You decide? You called Chile now seven one three two one two five Ryan's Show on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Light Them Up Boys, This fallout Boy, Rod Ryan's Show on this throwback Thursday. Rob Zombie is still killing it and you're according to your votes. You vote on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Winning song played today at There's So Much to Do Today? Three games today on the show, fresh out of mad Head to head this morning, Craik the whatever guy? What happened to him? Now we're gonna play game number two. Game number three, of course, will be the suburb of Summer Sissler at A twenty. But back in the seven twenty slot, stop to read my lips. Chili just came storming in here. I Chili, Yeah, busy, busy, yeah, busy today? What's keeping you so busy today? Is it the suburb summer Sizzler? Is it all those cat pictures that are rolling in? Why test the Why are people sending me pictures of.
Speaker 4: Their cats because I told them to send them there at the book?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why do I have all these cat pictures in my inbox right now?
Speaker 4: I can see them because you can't pet them. They're allergic?
Speaker 11: God?
Speaker 1: Thanks guys. Hey Eric, Good morning, Eric? Hi Eric? How are you? I'm doing great? Who is going to represent you today? To try to win you these pit passes? I had to go with Alex.
Speaker 6: You had to go with Ellis. Why did you have to effort the questions?
Speaker 1: You didn't have to go with any You know your choice. I chose to go with Alexa. I was compelled to. Yeah, then just say that Britney, good morning, Good morning. Let me guess I was gonna take Tessa anyways.
Speaker 3: No, I wanted Testa finally, finally you wanted some real support.
Speaker 1: She wanted the other player that was available.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I love Tessa.
Speaker 1: She's my favorite part of the morning show.
Speaker 3: All right, well, we're gonna have to win this for you, then, marn't we Britney here, We'll let Alex go first.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're the Richard, you're the returning champion. Yeah, okay, Alex, I had phones on.
Speaker 4: Good luck, buddy, Thanks man, I appreciate thank you out, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Chili, Chili's Chili's the twin brother of Alex. Yeah. It's like I'm looking at it's double vision here with these two double twins. You are going to be time keeping, yes, sir, as soon as I say the words, start keeping time. Twenty seconds to get the word that I'm saying. Always a added stress element when Alex is playing. Always always, that's the one thing where you twins differ, just players. Some Bob Martley, he's not quite as happy go lucky as you. Chili. Could you work with your brother? I'm trying, I'm trying, all right. Twenty seconds on the clock. Dallas Daniel sent this one in.
Speaker 4: Boy, you gotta start like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thumbs up. Here we go.
Speaker 6: Pit panties something paste, pit pit pantste.
Speaker 1: Pit panties. What pit panties? I don't know, pitt panties, panties, pitt panties. Time, Tesso. Did you think that was going along?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: That was forty seconds?
Speaker 8: Him?
Speaker 4: Clock show me.
Speaker 1: A timer for twenty seconds?
Speaker 4: Oh, God, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 1: Did you just find out about panties for pit passes?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did, and I told my friends in Houston Life about it, and they could not believe it.
Speaker 4: They were all giggling the whole story.
Speaker 6: They were just giggling, pitch panties.
Speaker 1: Can you believe it's pit pennies?
Speaker 3: Chill? They must They were like, no way, and I was like, yes, that's what they were telling me.
Speaker 4: And there was a box of them and they would make a mark go into them.
Speaker 1: I think Wiggins did it, and Doug definitely did it. Choose a winner, and we're not doing it. All right, here we go, we're not doing it. Yeah, twenty seconds on the clock. Jacob sent this in thumbs up, nugget nibbler.
Speaker 2: Nutty nipple, nugget, nugget, nibbler, nugget nibbler.
Speaker 6: Oh, there's no way. I thought that was.
Speaker 1: He doesn't get the pit panties, but he gets the nugget, nibbler, nugget nibbler for you? Was that talked about on the show.
Speaker 4: What did he say before he gets that?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 6: Nippler nipple something nutty nipple, ham titty.
Speaker 1: Nutty nip allright here we go, Nutty ham Titty, Oh wow, all right, this is day one listener, Drew, Day one, Day one, Drew. He said he's listening since day one. I just I didn't know what he was talking about, and then I just heard it in the commercial that we played in the last commercial set thumbs up, ye vegan leather? What vegan leather?
Speaker 6: Something leather, vegan.
Speaker 2: Leather, vegan feedy leather, Vegan leather, feeding leather, vegan leather, vegan leather.
Speaker 6: I'm not getting vegan, Jilly.
Speaker 1: You know I want to speed up the timer for you.
Speaker 4: Then I do you always do.
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 6: I don't remember what.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was Max Spot.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm glad that you all right, this is dumb word vegan leather.
Speaker 4: That's not in his vocabulary.
Speaker 6: Okay, Tessa, Well, actually I'm already.
Speaker 1: Britney's favorite part of the show needs one to tie two to win today.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got her.
Speaker 6: I think, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: It's for pet tickets, man, it's for pet tickets, all right? Jingle Blake who Jillie already said time up? She can read and I will say that all right. Twenty seconds twenty twenty seconds on the clock for Mississippi. It starts when I say the word this is for Brittany. All right, here we go. But jingle Blake, he's got a couple of screws loose. Thumbs up, Yeah, thumbs up. Salami, Mommy, what salami? Mommy? Talafia, Pappy Salami? Mommy, Salami, Salami, Mommy, Salammy, Mommy? Oh got chilli?
Speaker 2: And I.
Speaker 1: Where head? Where is that salami? Mommy? Jingle Blake like Talafia, Chilie, you spent some time in the strip joins. Anybody ever go by the salami mommy, no comment, don't come. I'm still seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: What we get?
Speaker 4: Those sandwiches must be in the fridge row Oh.
Speaker 1: I didn't bring them. Uh okay, here we go. Carlos. I thought he looked like a Carlos too, Maybe Carlos Carlos twenty seconds on the clock, Please yes, sir, thumbs.
Speaker 6: Up, thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Busty biscuit, busted biscuits, busty biscuit.
Speaker 4: Busty biscuits.
Speaker 6: Oh oh yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was was that set on the show thee Biscuits? Busty biscuits. I don't remember, I don't know, okay, Uh Tessa is the winner today.
Speaker 4: No, Brittany is the winner.
Speaker 3: She is my girl and I'm gonna put her in the pit to see I prevail in Hailstore day is Saturday.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Brittany.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Okay, good me too, Brittany.
Speaker 1: Eric, don't I have no regrets? Well, all right, cool, no regrets. You're gonna be buying tickets for that show if you do want to.
Speaker 11: Go now, Congratulations The Ryan Show four five, I pooped the buzz ninety four five buzz, Come and get it.
Speaker 1: There are tickets still available for that Lympiscut show. I don't know how which as much as I've been hyping it, just myself, olymp biscuit with bones, Nate no face, Corey Feldman. And then if you listen to that commercial, it says hosted by Riff Raff. So I don't know, Tessa, if you were expecting him to go out and I mean, I'm I know he performs, right, he wraps, Yes, he has all.
Speaker 3: These videos as Jody high Rollers, I know.
Speaker 1: But it says it's hosted by him, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess when maybe he'll spit some bars.
Speaker 1: When Alex when somebody's hosting a comedy night, like they go up and tell a few jokes in between the acts. So maybe he'll go and do something stupid in between everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 1: And he's from Katie, Texas. He does red he does talk about that, and I'm shaking my head that I said. Yes, I follow him on Instagram. So that's the lineup, and they call it like you know, Loserville, and they're really playing the whole thing up. The I've talked about the Corey Feldman, the clips that are constantly in my feed because I stopped that one, and they think that all I want to watch now is Corey Feldman. I'm here, I'm here for all of it. I cannot wait. I cannot wait. It's this Sunday.
Speaker 4: We really are going?
Speaker 1: You think, no, I know I'm going.
Speaker 4: You are for sure.
Speaker 1: I know I'm going. It's Red Dress run in New Orleans, so I'll be running around wearing a red dress. And then yeah, it's always the weekend after White Linen. Okay, so I do White Linen here, I do Red Dress in New Orleans, fly back and then head the Woodlands. Fine, we can tell you can tell.
Speaker 4: You definitely didn't have London this weekend.
Speaker 1: I was I did want to take her to Red Dress. She likes the Red Dress tak Yeah, I've taken her book in years past. So but yeah, so I'm kidless, so I'm doing all of that. So No, I'm going to Olympus Git. I'm in the pit.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm super excited. We just we just gave away pit tickets to I Prevail and Hailstorm. Tomorrow. We'll have two opportunities, one for each show to be in that pit. What a weekend out there at the Woodlands Pavilion. Speaking of concerts, this one's kind of quiet. Lauren Hill said that the Fujis the US tour dates are canceled, and she just said it low ticket sales. Wow, there was no interest.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go, and don't get upset.
Speaker 1: She's blaming the media for it. Okay, the blame stream media. The media is to blame for the Fuji's not selling tickets. I can't wrap my head around that she was not working.
Speaker 3: With them, because that's usually how you get the word out about something.
Speaker 1: The full band, the Fuci's back together.
Speaker 6: They were like like only some of them were going and it was a full band. I would have imagine it.
Speaker 1: Shows in the UK and Europe are going to go on a schedule, but the US it's just not interested in it. She's she's got people to blame.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what you were talking about, comedy shows, the logo. I just wanted to After White Linen, we went down to the Secret Group, which is a comedy club here in Houston.
Speaker 1: That's where Craig Gast was playing.
Speaker 3: Okay, there were so many like comedians. It was a really fun time. Me Travis Anieli went. They like all the comedians listened to rod Ryan Show or something comedians. Some of them were some of them were and somewhere in from Dallas.
Speaker 1: But the ones that were.
Speaker 3: Local you could tell because they were like talking about you.
Speaker 4: They were like sup SUPs up, like they.
Speaker 6: Were saying something like that.
Speaker 4: They were given a couple of rod Ryan Show references.
Speaker 3: And so we went to the first show at ate and then then you know how they clear out and they sell a secon could show at like ten or we went to the ten and then we went to the midnight and we went back in for a second round.
Speaker 4: It was really fun. It was really fun.
Speaker 1: In no shape to travel anywhere after White Linen.
Speaker 4: Yeah you get it.
Speaker 1: Uber Oh okay, rock and Alternative use to The rod Ryan Marni.
Speaker 8: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz twenty four.
Speaker 1: To five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. All right, let's do this throw back Thursday. Come on. Rob Zombie still in the lead. You guys love Rob Zombie. Somebody said that was a wrestler's walk in music, so I think that's helping. Rob Zombie never gonna stop. Fifty two percent of the vote, Jesus Jones right here, right now, thirty two percent, Goldfinger dead last at fifteen percent. All right, we're under the heat dome. Heat advisory kicks in at eleven o'clock. I mean, he's going to feel like one hundred and eight outside. True temperature should read around ninety nine. And we got more kiddos out there, up in the morning and out to food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's time for back to school Houston.
Speaker 3: Well specifically it is Ford Bend ISD and Magnolia ISD. This can be a really exciting time of the year, so you know, no stress, more excitement, less stress, and yeah, kids have a lot to look forward to. Teachers, faculty, you get to see your new friends again, make some new friends. And you had mentioned yesterday Rod, it's tax free weekend. If you guys that haven't like Houston, ISD will start on Monday, I believe. And if you guys got to get your last minute school shopping in, this would be a good time to do it. Also, guys, for the peach without kids. School zones are back and there's gonna be more people on the roads. We just want you to stay safe. We want everyone to have a fantastic new school year. Faculty, teachers, bus drivers, everyone. Janitor's loved my janner when I was in grade school.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, mister Rosky. He was the janitor when I was in grade school, and when kids were acting up in the cafeteria. Ours was a caffetorium, that's where the stage was. He would come in and bring a yard stick in and he would crack it over a table and let me tell you, you could hear you could hear a mouse heart and it was it was. The janitor was the the jet. Mister Roski was the toughest dude in the school.
Speaker 6: He was the law.
Speaker 1: He was probably the World War two veteran or something.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, yeah, he would be like taking none of your crap, yard stick.
Speaker 1: Crack it out a table and everyone. That's when you straightened out and you flew right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, schools need that.
Speaker 3: Shout out mister Roski, Yeah, shout out rip probably yeah oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Something else I wanted to talk about was something rod that is like a local story. Clean up underway. At the Great Wolf Lodge resort in Webster. There was a hazmat situation that sent sixteen people to the hospital yesterday. According to city officials, a third party contractor had improperly mixed some pool chemicals in an isolated building.
Speaker 4: This was a building that was like apart from.
Speaker 3: The hotel and water park, and that resulted in a chemical reaction. It led to the hospitalization of sixteen employees and contractors. Great Wolf Lodge is opening, it's grand They're hosting their grand opening.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is bad, and they really weren't affected.
Speaker 3: By that incident, But the hasmatt incident itself made people really sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I talked to an insider yesterday on this.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: They said the mixing of these chemicals created something that would be the equivalent of like a mustard gas and it was just wiping people out, Oh my god, so you got the grand opening, Lord downs. They spent millions and millions of dollars on this, and right there next to the campus this happens, and then your great Wolf Lodge is being mentioned in all of this.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. You don't want the bat, you don't want the negative pub because.
Speaker 3: They say any publicity is good publicity. But when you're right, when you're opening a new place, and like you said, you've invested so much money, so lasting you want to. But we just we're just glad that everyone's okay. We hope everyone is fine after that. Okay, there is a rundown. We've got our latest Virol moments from the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Blog page up. There is a controversy. I don't know. This seems a little ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Apparently people were upset that Simone Biles and Jordan Childs were bowing down to the Brazilian gymnast Rebecca Andrade after she won a gold in the floor finals. Simone's like, we're just showing good sportsmanship, and you know, it was a fun moment. I thought they shared. I didn't read literally any of this controversy, but people get mad over anything on the internet, so I'm not surprised. The French pole vaulter Anthony Emmeradi mentioned his package in a now deleted TikTok, but people, of course screen grabbed it and.
Speaker 4: It's on the blog page.
Speaker 1: That was the number one thing that was suggested for reading my lips today, anything with a dong and a pole vault and you know, big wiener that costs. I probably had one hundred words just for that pole vaulter today.
Speaker 11: Geez.
Speaker 3: So there was an Australian field hockey player that was arrested. He was buying cocaine after his team was eliminated from the game.
Speaker 4: So yeah, funny, I guess not, Alex, I guess not.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift's three shows in Vienna, Austria were canceled because they were the target of a terrorist attack and the two men who were planning the attack were arrested, but they both have like sworn allegiance to ISIS.
Speaker 4: They were radicalized on the internet.
Speaker 3: The suspects, one of them, was just nineteen years old and police had to raid his parents' house where he was living. They found chemical substances that could have been used to build a bomb, so people were very upset about this.
Speaker 4: You know, these shows are sold out.
Speaker 3: Many people travel internationally to go see these shows. But it's got like a safety first kind.
Speaker 4: Of vibe to it.
Speaker 3: And interestingly enough, in a twenty nineteen interview, Taylor said that a terrorist attack at her concerts was one of her biggest fears. Yeah, unfortunate, but you got to do it. Say you can't risk it. You can't risk people's lives.
Speaker 1: People travel from all the world for that show and for every one of her shows. Uh, Chad mc he was on his way to Fort Worth for the FUCI show.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, that sucks.
Speaker 1: He's on his way there the day of the show, gets the email that they've canceled. That was the show that started the cancelation of the US tour.
Speaker 4: Damn, damn dan.
Speaker 1: So we traveled all that way for a concert and they canceled it that day. Wow, that sucks.
Speaker 4: And then you're just there in Dallas.
Speaker 1: But at least you're not on the other side of the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big good time, Dallas, Okay.
Speaker 3: Jack Black wants to assure Tenacious D fans that the band will be back, just no word unwind At the premiere for his Borderlands movie on Tuesday, he told The Entertainment Tonight, I loved Tanac's D. We had to take a break, but I love the D. Everybody takes a break sometimes we'll be back. If you didn't know, Kyle Gas, the other half of the band, made a joke on stage about the Trump assassination attempt last month, and he since apologized, but their tour was canceled and all the future plans have been put on hold.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headline.
Speaker 1: All right, what you got?
Speaker 5: Astro's got another one yesterday They beat the Rangers six to four, which means for the eighth year in a row, the silver Boot will stay.
Speaker 1: In Age Town.
Speaker 5: Somebody emailed me and asked that the silver Boot means that is the trophy that goes to the winner of the Texas Rangers and Houston Astros series every season.
Speaker 6: The Astros have now dominated that for eight straight years.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have a day off before they put the Red Sox tomorrow up in Boston.
Speaker 6: In the Olympics, Team USA added three more gold medals.
Speaker 5: So they're totally Yesterday in Paris, Sarah Hildebrant won Golden Women's wrestling Quincy Hall took gold in the men's four hundred meters, and we also took gold in women's team cycling. Our women's basketball team beat Nigeria to advance to this finals as well. Our men's team plays Serbia in the semi finals today. The US now has ninety four total medals and twenty seven of those are golds, right ahead of China's twenty five. On the sports blog page today, this is just for you, Rod a Canadian pole vaulter slash only fans star.
Speaker 6: She twerked after her her first whole vaulting. She's really only she is an only fans star. So I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I don't pay for OnlyFans, but I went and I looked at like, what, what's her thing? And she rehabbed an injury and she was doing hydro therapy. So it's like that underwater treadmill. She's just doing it in the thong and it was like, you can just watch her do that in a thong and looks say wow, so go check it out. And she works pretty good paid to practice. She did that at the Olympics, so you can go see that on the sportsbook.
Speaker 1: While supplementing that money that she's not making being at the Olympics true.
Speaker 5: All you got to do it, and they pay you in maple syrup if you win a medal in kid, I don't think that part.
Speaker 2: Of this.
Speaker 6: Hockey stick and some maple syrup.
Speaker 1: Everybody gets a free moose, though.
Speaker 6: Well you do get a moose, but you have to give that back at the end of the year.
Speaker 5: A beaver Pelt in Football News Textanic Goo to play their second preseason game tomorrow night when they take on the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, rock and alternative, The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six.
Speaker 7: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Five Buzz, that's Green Day and American Idiots. I got an idiot for you on the Crazy Criminal blog page. I don't know what I just know that I hate this person. I know that I hate them Nelly. You've already talked about Nelly. He got arrested for a possession of ecstasy, so he's kind of headlining the crazy Criminal blog page. I don't know what you call this type of person. But she's at Applebee's and they brought back the all you can eat wings, riblets or shrimp deal last month. Okay, that's a thing. At Applebee's. Ok and it's in all you can eat thing. So this woman in Chicago, she got arrested Friday night. She's sharing all the food at the table because she ordered all you can eat. No one else ordered anything. She's taking advantage. She's taking advantage. Okay. So apparently she was in the Applebee's location in Indiana, just right there by Chicago. So the employees they see what she's doing. It's really obvious what she's doing. They tell her it's not allowed, and she said, it's all you can eat. She's passing out food to everybody at the table and she keeps ordering more. I don't know which one she went with.
Speaker 4: That's a weird thing.
Speaker 1: And she says, well, it doesn't say per person. It's all you can eat, and I'm giving someone. I'm sharing some with my friends. This escalates. They give her the bill, they charge her for more than one all you can eat. She loses her mind at the restaurant that do you see what I'm saying, Like this is an American idiot, Like I hate this woman.
Speaker 5: You used to do this at your at your bar when you did the crawfish. She was like, it's all you can eat if you pay theo was it twenty dollars or whatever, the you'd pay and was all you could eat? And then it was per person, per person. We made sure that we had it per person. She was claiming, well, I don't see anything about per person on here. Now you got to get the cops involved. Okay, so waste of time because disorderly.
Speaker 1: Conduct she is. She is like totally I hate I hate this term. But she's totally carrying Karen, you know what I mean. So she's freaking out. Cops come. One of her friends ended up paying the bill, and the cops showed her the menu. In the fine print it said this is a per person deal. I just the people that go out and try to take advantage and try to like get you the gotcha. They try to gotcha well technically technically, and they start pulling that on you. I can't be around that person. I don't cannot.
Speaker 5: I don't hate the the that you went out and tried it. I don't hate that she went out and tried it. But when they tell you, hey, I hate it, I get why you hate it. It's it's like if you're trying to get one pass them, Okay, but the second they're like, look, this isn't for the whole table, dude, you can't be like what it's not.
Speaker 6: You don't get to play victim at that point.
Speaker 1: It's not a nineteen year old poor college student either. She's thirty years old. So we used to do that at CC's she's twenty eight.
Speaker 5: At CC's Beta, one of us would go in and get it and we'd just sit there at the table and you sort of slide it over there.
Speaker 6: But we caught every time.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are the other people doing. They're just they know, having.
Speaker 6: We're just having a drink.
Speaker 5: I was thirsty, I was wryting to hang out with my friend who also wanted to eat a bunch of pizza.
Speaker 1: But there's no way to mask that. You're there for all you can eat, and then there's two people at the table not ordering anything. They know what's going on. And then when you put up a huge stink, when they catch you on it, it's like, okay, you got me. No, she wasn't having that. She wasn't having that, so she made so she made the Crazy Criminal blog page. She got to get past Nelly to get to her. But I think it's worse than the person not putting the cart back in the grocery. I think that person's worse, I really do.
Speaker 5: No, but that person definitely does not put the cart back, so they're probably the same part of the Venn diagram.
Speaker 1: She definitely kicks ice cubes under the refrigerator. Yeah, she definitely. If you're ready, no, it's fine, all right. Did we have a clean game yesterday? We did well. Now it's got mad because we needed two songs.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it started off really bad.
Speaker 6: Won't make me use multiple songs.
Speaker 4: They had us in the first half, Alex.
Speaker 1: But if you talked to Wizard, I mean lovely the band. I was surprised that he got that. I thought the struts was easier.
Speaker 6: The struts is why I know all the songs.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 6: It's not like we're just gonna give him layups. Do you want to win all that money? Yeah, darn it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna meet Bobby from Dayton, and we're gonna meet Savannah from Richmond. That guy that played yesterday, he was on his suburb Facebook page and they called him out on it to leave the door needs to go do that to whoever loses, And a lot of times like there's a Heights Facebook page. I'll go find it wherever he lives. They called him out that did you hear this guy in the rod Ryan Show? And they put like they put, you know, here's some moving companies. They want them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so just know that that's how it goes. We told people those are the rules.
Speaker 1: So you know, all of Dayton is listening, all of Richmond is listening. We're gonna meet Bobby and Savannah after this as we get ready to sizzle with Shell Federal Credit Union. The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am, the ninety four or five of the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. On this throwback Thursday, Rob Zombie still with a commanding lead he has never not led this morning. On your three Choices, You've got Rob Zombie, Jesus Jones and Goldfinger. I love that song. Here in your bedroom Dead Laught heat Dome. So we're under today heat advisory. Today. It'll start at around eleven o'clock. That means it it's gonna feel like over one hundred and eight starting at eleven today true temperature. We should top out right around one hundred setting up for the sizzler. But first let's find out what's trending.
Speaker 3: Steve Martin is ending speculation over whether or not he'll return to Saturday Night Live to play the Democratic Vice president candidate Tim Walls. Martin says yes, as An offered him the role, but he's a firm no because he told more Michaels he's not an impressionist and that SNL really needs someone who can nail Tim Watson.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's nothing Steve Martin can't do. I mean, I understand him taking himself out of the running for it, but everyone was looking forward to him coming back to do that.
Speaker 3: Speaking of comedy, Adam Sandler says he'll release a Netflix comedy special later this month. Love You marks his first comedy special since twenty eighteen. It'll reunite him with Josh Safbee saff guy who directed Sandler in Uncut Gems, alongside his brother Benny So. Netflix released a trailer for his special yesterday, and it's called Love You.
Speaker 4: It will drop August twenty seven. Something else that I thought.
Speaker 3: Was interesting in streaming news, Roku apparently is launching a twenty four to seven sports channel. They're going to do it this Monday, and it'll be available across all devices, Major League Baseball games, Formulae, WWE, nexttionon NFL Draft. That's the type of programming nose set they say they're going to have. That's what's trending on eighty four five of us.
Speaker 1: Bring me. I want everybody on because I want to make sure that they hear me. Bobby, good morning, Bobby, Good morning. Mister Rudd. You're doing, sir, doing wonderful. You're gonna represent Dayton today, right, yes, sir, okay, must be smaller. Somebody said, well, if everyone's listening from Dayton, that's ten people. There's more than ten people living in Dayton. Huh yes, sir, okay. Now I want to make sure Savannah is here because I want you both to hear me. Savannah, good morning, Hey, good morning, Hey Richmond. I know a lot of people live in Richmond. Okay, I got you both. Caesar was the guy that lost yesterday when I want to find out what's going on in Angleton, all the HAPs that are happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I go see you.
Speaker 1: I go to the the group Talk of Angleton on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, I love the Little Gossip Blog.
Speaker 1: Caesar sent me a picture he goes Rod, you weren't kidding. My city's face book page already took action. I'm homeless. I had a great time being on the show. On the Talk of Angleton. The Facebook page it says, Caesar, you embarrassed Angleton. This morning on The Rod Ryan Show, they tagged us in the suburb summer Sizzler. They called it the superb summer Sizzler. Yeah, that's time for you to get out, and it was a picture of a U haul love it.
Speaker 4: I love a city that takes action.
Speaker 1: Savannah. If you don't want that to be you, and Bobby, if you don't want that to be you, you got to represent the people of Dayton and the people of Richmond are listening. You are the ambassadors of those suburbs today. Okay, in the superb suburb summer Sizzler, Bobby, you've been practicing, Yes, sir, what about you? Savannah? Yeah, Okay, we're about to flush out who's lying. Yeah, we're gonna yeah, We're gonna flush mout in three minutes, Bobby, Savannah, sit tight the show A buzz Buzz Papa Roach, last Resort, rod Ryan Schomp Throwback Thursday winning song played at night about an hour from now it looks like it's gonna be Rob Zombie. Rob Zombie's been leading all morning long. Make sure you go in, you cast your vote. Your vote matters. Sunny skies today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. We're under the heat dome. We got a heat advisory today. True temperature is going to be right at about one hundred, but it's gonna feel a lot hotter than that. All right, we've met the competitors. Let's bring him back on. Bobby. Yes, Bobby from Dayton, who claims he's been practicing, Well, we shall see. Savannah told me the same thing. Savannah's gonna be representing Richmond. A lot of people in Richmond. You heard what happened to yesterday's loser. Okay, if you don't want a U haul truck in front of your house today, just win, okay, Savannah? All right, okay, out of everybody in and Dayton, this is who you've sent me, Bobby and Savannah. You shout out your name after you hear the song clip that Alice is going to load in when you think you know the band and the song title. We are still in the outside of the brackets. It's closing out soon, though, if you haven't heard your suburb yet, you can. It's not too late to apply, believe it or not. Once we start working on their inner you know, the inner brackets, then that's it, Savannah. Are you ready see it? Bobby? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: You're sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, man, good luck. Alex tells me this is Game thirteen. Game thirteen suburb of Summer Sizzler, brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 9: Here is today's song, Savannah.
Speaker 1: It's Chevelle suffercating no O, not.
Speaker 4: Chavelle was the song? Oh?
Speaker 3: I think of the vitamin R.
Speaker 6: Bobby, do you know it? R?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Send the pain below.
Speaker 4: I wanted to go Shavelle whale girl.
Speaker 1: Well, Savannah, guests did incorrectly, and it really means nothing that Bobby didn't know it because he won the game. I'm not knowing the don't celebrate that, Bobby. Oh, I know it, Buddy, I should have said you should you should have pluged the fifth on that. I don't have to tell you anything, Okay, sports boy, I'm advancing in the brackets. Don't ask me if I know the song? All right, Savannah. I liked that you went in there and you took a cut all right for sure, So I mean, good luck with your Richmond Facebook page today. I wouldn't check it if I were you. And then Alex said I'd stay off the next door as well. Bobby.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Bobby, I was all right.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're advancing in the brackets. Vitamin R. Get out of here with your vitamin R. All right, Bobby, congratulations. Okay, Tomorrow sugar Land takes on Texas City and that should be a good one Ryan Show experience adventure into the cosmic four five the buzz. I don't know why Alex put that song right there. It seems uh.
Speaker 6: I didn't put it was a wizard.
Speaker 1: It seems a little passive aggressive Nirvana dumb. I thought our contestants were lovely today too. I don't know why you put that in ten percent chance. I see nothing about that. Sunny skies today highs up around ninety nine. Okay, Well, Kyle said, listen, she almost had it, but we have to send out the dogs. They're looking for Savannah right now. She will be forced to move to Katie. Richmond has been knocked out in round one. Not so fun fact two years in a row. You know who knows that? Kyle and Richmond, Kyle, Kyle and Richmond listening for his He was listening to his suburb today and two years in a row, Richmond has just not gotten the job done.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Becky is from Dayton, and she would like to clear something up about Dayton. Okay. I think it was Adam that said, oh great, all ten people from Dayton are listening this morning, because I said, all of Dayton is tuning in to hear Bobby. First of all, Rod, Dayton is a five A school district with nearly thirty thousand people. I'm a Daytonian born and raised, and the growth we've experienced in the last ten years is crazy. All caps salam. I mean we even have a Starbucks now slam. I'd say we're a pretty big deal. So Dayton. That aside, Bobby made us proud. She was prepared to email him his departure packet.
Speaker 4: Now that is someone who's involved in her community.
Speaker 1: These suburbs aren't joking anymore, man. They had it. Richmond, you want to play next year? If we're gonna play next year, send me somebody that's gonna get out of the first round.
Speaker 4: We need killers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just saw this list this morning of the deadliest jobs in America Morning show DJ not deadly, not in the top ten at least. So even though I felt like I've died on the air a few times, I haven't, So it's falling flat dying logging. Logging is always the deadliest job. Now, if you're in tree removal, are you do you consider yourself a lagger?
Speaker 6: I think these are people that are just straight up.
Speaker 1: Like tree removal people climbing trees and.
Speaker 6: Not knocking that profession.
Speaker 5: But I think floggers are like, that's what they're in the forest doing, like the big trees the.
Speaker 1: Whole time, trees, timber, not just your one roof system. Okay, lumberjacks, loggerloggers, I mean you have your own paper towel, line, gave you own beer. One hundred and one deaths per one hundred thousand workers roofers in a number two. I still have roofers working at my house.
Speaker 4: Do you really? How's that saga?
Speaker 1: I don't want I don't want to blow anybody in, but it's just not my guys. Because there's obviously a ton of work still being done with the natural disasters that have happened. Not one of these guys is tethered down. They're just walking around up there.
Speaker 4: That's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what the rules are.
Speaker 3: I get under myself down. If I was on a on a roof crew, i'd be tethered down.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be it's gonna feel like one hundred and eight. And these guys are up on these roofs, you know what I mean. Roofers in at number two. Fishing and hunting workers at number three, construction, followed by aircraft pilots and flight engineers. Yeah, and then anyone that has some sort of a job as a driver, people that are in sales that drive all the time. Truck drivers would be in there. You're number six, You're number six, just because of traffic.
Speaker 6: Fire breather is not higher up on that list. I don't think there's a lot of them, but I feel like it's like a super danger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's not a lot of them because so many got hurt.
Speaker 5: The death fishers that wasn't even up there. That's called Delie's catch buddy.
Speaker 1: The death toll is based on one hundred thousand people working in the United States in that in that discipline. Are there one hundred thousand fire breathers or sword swallowers.
Speaker 4: There used to be.
Speaker 6: Back when things are pure.
Speaker 1: Carnivals used to be hot, Carnivals used to be a big deal. I don't think the carnie life is as big as it used to be.
Speaker 4: It's like going to a carnival seems like a pretty dangerous job.
Speaker 6: So proper country.
Speaker 1: So there's got to be one hundred thousand people. I know there's one hundred thousand people in the radio industry, and and Gate not making it on the list, which is good. So is there somebody listening to the show that would say, yes, Rod, I'm a logger and here's what I do. And I don't mean somebody behind a keyboard logging in code like.
Speaker 4: An Excel logger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm talking about lumberjacket and you're sending wood down the canal, you know.
Speaker 5: And I knew a friend that was it was called the job, was called a logger. But he was in LA and he did that for CBS. And so, like you'd watch the reality shows and like you would just watch the raw footage, all right, here's where they got in a fight here, So at this time, maybe look at this and maybe make that on the air.
Speaker 6: So it's like when The Bachelor that they're all hanging out.
Speaker 5: Yes, you would just watch all the garbage like footage that they may not use, and then this stuff seems good, so you'd mark stuff.
Speaker 6: And that was his job. And he was like, it's a lot of wasting time.
Speaker 1: But was that job called a lagger?
Speaker 6: That was his job at that It was not the deadly job the blogger.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, we have a we have a traffic log here. That's not so much the traffic, but it's the it's the list, the list of all the commercials. You are kind of you have to keep track of all the commercials. You're logging information. Let's make it very clear. Okay, you're pushing a pencil. This is not the logger we're looking for. Is there somebody in the logging industry. I'd like to know specifically what it is you do, and please be safe because it's the deadliest job in America. The rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Throwback Thursday. It's been a minute since I had a glance. Do I even need the glance? When Rob Zombie or anything White Zombie is involved. Jesus Jones, Rob Zombie, Goldfinger Jesus Jones in the lead. When did that happen? Forty four percent of the vote for Jesus Jones right here, right now, Rob Zombie never gonna stop, thirty nine percent of the vote goldfingers out of it. We got a two horse race here when he saw him played at nine thirty. Okay, that makes it more interesting for sure to follow along, sunny guys. Today, heat advisory will be in effect starting at around eleven true temperatures will be somewhere right covering it around one hundred degrees. Be safe out there so there is in the morning and out to the move. Hope you're in class.
Speaker 3: I was to say, I hope your butts are in class already, and I hope everyone got out the door with more excitement than frustration and stress, because it is that time of year when it's back.
Speaker 4: To school for Houston.
Speaker 3: All the area kids are trickling in today it was Fort Ben isd and Magnolia Isd. Everyone just be safer on the roads. We are going to be mentioning giving everyone their back to school mentions, and of course Horors shout out to the parents, the faculty, the staff, everyone. We want to make sure that it's a great, great school year. Okay, so yeah, that's what we do here on the Rod Ryan Show. Make sure you're driving around with us. All right, let's talk about NASA, because they announced that they are pushing back the SpaceX four person flight that was scheduled this month until September twenty fourth, to give them more time to analyze thruster and leak problems on that Boeing Starliner capsule.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, he said there was thruster problems, big time. Send in Chili with his blue choes.
Speaker 4: That's thank you.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I am accepting all solutions for this because the delays just seem to keep coming for these poor astronauts.
Speaker 1: So you're open to Chili and his blue choes.
Speaker 6: We send it over.
Speaker 1: What could hurt?
Speaker 4: You gotta try everything. You gotta try a lot of things.
Speaker 5: He would sticks to the wall, to the wall, and remember when we didn't have power though, for you didn't have power for those days. Like imagine if it was like, hey, sorry, you're just stuck in space tests, Jude, dude, and I know that.
Speaker 3: Like they're astronauts, they're professionals. They're not bitching and moaning like I'm bitching and moaning back here. But Butch Wilmore and Sunny Williams were supposed to be on the station for only eight days.
Speaker 4: They were supposed to be at the International Space Station for eight days. They're supposed to turn that baby around back. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They might end up having to return in February, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: At least if they can't resolve the problems with that Starliner, they're gonna maybe have to go to a SpaceX capsule and return.
Speaker 1: What if they getting time and a half? I hope quadrup. I hope so quad time.
Speaker 6: I'm blowing space station up. That's my threat, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Ashley with an eye friend off. She sends me an email in the subject hot Olympic check and then immediately I knew you wouldn't open it if I put the subject of cats in there. I've got everybody sending me their cat pictures. Would you please give you your email address.
Speaker 4: It's tested the buzz dot com. It never changes and T E S s A. That's easy, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everyone sending me their dumb cats.
Speaker 4: They know you're allergic and they want you.
Speaker 3: They this is like the way you can enjoy their cast without getting itchy or sick or red eyes or something.
Speaker 1: It's Thursday, not catter Day? Why am I getting these Happy.
Speaker 3: International Cat Day to always or celebrate if you want to.
Speaker 4: Do something nice for your pets.
Speaker 3: Considered holding more of your farts in because a poll asked two thousand cat and dog owners to name the top things they can free out their pet and allowed flatulence. Flatulence made the list at number seven. Number one was fireworks. Number two was going to the vet. I know cats hate, they hate getting in that carrier, vacuum cleaner, knew people they'd never met. Sudden movements and balloons popping or the other six before your flatulence?
Speaker 1: Yeah, any loud noises, yeah okay.
Speaker 3: Rapper Nelly under arrest. He allegedly was in possession of ecstasy pills. I don't have a lot of further information. I do know that he was pulled over in a suburb outside of Saint Louis, Maryland Heights, and he was taken into custody.
Speaker 4: And then he was released. But then TMZ of course got ahold of his mug shot.
Speaker 6: So now it's how's the mugshot. Did he have a band aid on? In the mudshot? No band Aidand I remember remember the band aid phase had.
Speaker 3: Like all of these stories on this headlines are like, they're not passing it.
Speaker 4: They're not passing my vibe check.
Speaker 1: I don't know people still did ecstasy?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it Molly? Somebody? Because they don't call it ecstasy now. Isn't that like? Is that Molly or what's m d m A?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I.
Speaker 10: Know, do you know?
Speaker 4: I wish I could?
Speaker 1: Is that all?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Is that all the same?
Speaker 3: I know Mollie looks like pop rocks because one time there were pop rocks on the table and one of our friends at a party puts it in his hand and they go, is this the Molly?
Speaker 4: And I go, what, No, those are pop rocks, he goes, And then it was like, is that what Molly looks like?
Speaker 1: The way that he said that he was expecting it to be at the part? Is this the Molly? Like the Molly that we just say?
Speaker 4: The molly is how you say the mall is?
Speaker 1: I guess I mean Molly?
Speaker 4: The mallis?
Speaker 1: All right? Just this story, this is Tommy Lee. You got to go to hear him talk about his wild days with Ozzy on the road.
Speaker 3: He's so disgusting os It's a pretty famous story of him snorting a line of ants off the ground in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't just the.
Speaker 3: Snorting of ants. They were at the Four Seasons Hotel, the pool. They were wasted, and Tommy, in a new interview, adds some details that take this legend to an entirely new gross level.
Speaker 1: People go read it for themselves or go watch it please. It's the ultimate gross out. Where Tommy said this it was a contest who could be the most gross and they said Ozzie was the absolute king. There's nothing he wouldn't do. And when you read it or when you listen to what Tommy talks about with Ozzy, drugs.
Speaker 4: Somali's okay, those are Houston's.
Speaker 6: Headlines, all right?
Speaker 1: Is this the sports gun? Yes you brought? Yes? Okay?
Speaker 6: Astro is not another win. Yesterday they beat the Rangers six to four.
Speaker 5: That means the Ashes have now won the Silver Boot series for eight consecutive years. Today off today before they open up a weekend series with the Red Sox in Boston and the Olympics team USA added three more gold medals, so they're total. Yesterday in Paris, Sarah Hildebrandt won golden women's wrestling, Quincy Hall took gold in the men's four hundred meters, and we also got golden women's team cycling. Our women's basketball team beat Nigeria as well to advance to the semifinals. The men are going to play Serbia in the Simmis at two o'clock today.
Speaker 6: I believe the US has ninety.
Speaker 5: Four total medals, twenty seven of those being gold, which is ahead of China's twenty five. So we are crushing the rest of the world right now this Olympics. And from Football News, Texans are going to play their second preseason game tomorrow night. They'll take on the Steelers up in Pittsburgh. And then our sports blog page today go check out the seven year old who got a hold in one on his first ever round off. So all those people that are like man, I just want to get ahold of one that kid tried one time and did it.
Speaker 4: Geezy peasy.
Speaker 5: Just if you want to feel bad about yourself, is seven year old's better atvolved than you and he's only played.
Speaker 1: Next Jesus Jones is now in second place. Oh, the Rob zombieople said, I can't have that. I can't have Rob Zombie in second place, Zombie in first place, Jeezus Jones in second place, followed my goldfinger Boy Is your vote Really matter? Winning song played at nine thirty vote on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot Com, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Shows. I I'm the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, bread at Chili members Danny, California, Chad's in the documentary caught upon a couple of documentaries. When I was flying to Memphis, I watched the Nickelback documentary. I thought it was good. I didn't think it was great. I love I love Nickelback. So it's not a slam on the band at all.
Speaker 3: Such a documentaries. They're not put together as seamless as you would like them. Or maybe they're just not your style.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly what you want. Yeah, I don't know learn, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Of court, you learn, you learn things. Okay, I don't know everything about nickel Back, so I learned a lot, but I just the takeaway just wasn't It's good it's a good documentary, just wasn't a great one.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of, like, what's a great documentary Rye like a music one. Believe it or not. I don't care if you have any interest at all in the band Quiet Riot. Okay, there's a documentar around the band Quite Riot. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Okay, I see, I love a recommendation.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that you're gonna walkway and you're gonna love the band. But it's a good story.
Speaker 9: So it's so.
Speaker 6: It's so.
Speaker 1: There's one point where they're trying out a singer and the guide tracked them down one of the dudes in Quiet Riots getting married. They got their suits on and everything. They're at a hotel and some guy, they're like, the guy in the lobby wants to sing for you guys. He comes in with a boombox. They're filming it. The guide puts on a Quiet Riot cassette, and you got two guys that are dressed to go to one of a dude's wedding. Huh, he's singing in the hotel room. That's his audition to sing for Quiet right. It's the most cringey thing you've ever seen. That's what made it great, you know what I mean? That documentary is amazing.
Speaker 6: So a BC Boys one on Apple I've never gotten around to watch that.
Speaker 1: I did. It was good.
Speaker 6: I mean, I like, I kind of like was like I didn't grow up with BC.
Speaker 5: I knew Basy Boys where I grew up, but I didn't come up while they were coming up. There was cool seeing like their start and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: Sorry, go ahead, I know I do want to see that, But I was just thinking because Chad is a part of this. There's all. It's a drummer documentary. But but I think everybody would enjoy it. It's called Count Me In and it's available on Netflix, and you liked it. I liked it a lot. Yeah, it's the it's based around Stephen Perkins. He's the drummer for Jane's Addiction. He kind of must have put this thing together and then got all these drummers to talk about things, and it's really really, it's super interesting. I think it's even interesting for non drummers. But I'm a little nerdy on the documentaries and the music docs.
Speaker 3: What about the back the backup singers that you from Oh is that one spotlight.
Speaker 1: Or twenty feet from Stardom?
Speaker 4: Twenty feet from stardom, that's probably one of the better ones you've ever recommended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the background singers and yeah really and it focuses like one of the great stories in that one. It's either ten feet or twenty feet from stardom. And it's the woman that sings the background vocals on Gimme Shelter, which is which is the best Rolling Stone song. And she's singing that rape murder and her voice cracks. She's pregnant. They wake her up. She's got curlers in her hair, she's wearing slippers in a robe, and she walks in and lays down that track and it's like one of the best backing vocals of all time. And it was a day rate, meaning here's your I don't think they said how much, but it could have been three hundred dollars, right, And that's not no royalty, there's no yeah, there's no money streaming in from that. It's you're interesting, you're a paid, You're a hired gun, which is another phenomenal documentary. It's called hired Guns, and it's just all people that have been on all these records.
Speaker 3: I think this is your new chik chok like music documentaries recommendations from a.
Speaker 4: Tool from someone who's been on the radio for seven thousand years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are my thing. But has anybody watched the I didn't really intend to just sit here and talk about docs. But the the other one that I want to do or want to watch is the bon Jovi one.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't seen that one and I haven't seen the Selene one.
Speaker 3: Those are like on my two watch lists. I want to see the Selene one. I want to see the bon Jovi one.
Speaker 1: I told you the interesting thing that my sister I had never heard this as a takeaway from a doc. And she's into that too, And she's really musically knowledge knowledge. She's very knowledgeable. She said she watched She's never watched a documentary that. Obviously bon Jovi signed off on everything. He stars in it. It's his story, so he he rubber stamped this whole thing. She came away watching that liking him less.
Speaker 6: Wow, she's like pretty wild.
Speaker 3: A lot of when people get honest, I think there's I think even it's like you can hate him but respect them. And I think most people want to be loved more than they want to be respected, so they you know, don't let people tell the whole story. You got to respect a guy that lets you tell the whole story on the risk that you're not gonna like him.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: Alisa the Lady Goat says the Eagles documentary is great. It's a couple of years old. You know what, I'll watch that because I told you, guys, I bought tickets.
Speaker 4: O oh yeah, mister Spear only goes to concerts in the sphere.
Speaker 1: Now, guys, you gotta get out there.
Speaker 6: You gotta go Steep.
Speaker 4: Let me to get alone real quick.
Speaker 1: Why did I even open my mouth?
Speaker 6: Ye have money?
Speaker 1: Why did they open my mouth?
Speaker 6: He has a baby the sphere.
Speaker 1: Go see the show and the sphere guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did Chili evers go to the Sphere. I'm gonna be causing chaos over there. If I can't get in, I will be on the news.
Speaker 1: We're deadlocked on Throwback Thursday. Jesus Jones and Rob Zombie are tied for first place. Right now, this is gonna come right down to the wire. Winning song played today at nine point thirty. You got some tickets to give away I sure do.
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of tickets to Weezer, Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Junior at Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's no.
Speaker 4: Sphere, but it's our it's our sphere, but here in Houston.
Speaker 1: So you call me for those, and then right now, this is a national deal. This is where they're going to ask you, ask you to text and win. Good luck, the buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. We got ourselves a nice race here for first place. Throwback Thursday, Rob Zombie forty four percent of the voute, Jesus Jones, Jesus Jones thirty eight percent of the vote. It's still Jesus Jones is still within striking distance. I think we're giving away some tickets right there. We are. Good morning, good morning, Hello, Hello, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: This is Lucky?
Speaker 1: You are I remember Lucky. I've heard you've been on this show before. You've been on this bed a few years there. Okay, I remember a Lucky calling in. Probably won something before. But this time around, we're giving you the Weezer, Flaming Lips, Dinosaur Junior ticket. September twenty eighth. I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: I was hoping I would win and get in, and I'm so glad. I got to thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You got it, You got it, lucky, all right, thank you online. It's as online the muzz what you got? All right?
Speaker 5: You and me looking at a sport and trying to decide whether or not this is an Olympic sport.
Speaker 6: We're not an Olympic sport.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we like just learned about steeple chase two days ago, so it might be more difficult than you think.
Speaker 6: Kite surfing, Is that an Olympic sport or not?
Speaker 1: No, we would know about that.
Speaker 4: I hope it is.
Speaker 1: They're surfing in Tahiti, right, I've not seen any kite surf. No, no kite surfing.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not going to give you the answer because there's not a ton of options here. But Jones, what about darts doesn't matter. You're not gonna tell us darts Olympics.
Speaker 1: I'm not an Olympic sport.
Speaker 6: Not an Olympic sport.
Speaker 5: We're not telling you all of the ones. Like you gotta go try it yourself, check it out out. Fine, see if you can tell what is and is not an Olympic sport. If the bok Finish Rodryan Show Pages, Buzz dot com, get your.
Speaker 6: Votes in through back First Ryan Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Or five The Buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show on this throwback Thursday, thank you some forty one. All right, we'll get to that winning song. I'm gonna give you the time though. You have a minute and a half to get in your final votes, and it's gonna matter. It is gonna matter. It's almost a tie between one and two. So if you were around a phone, if you were around a computer and you wanted to get over the links and guests, log onto the Buzz dot Com rod Ryan Show page boom cast your vote because that's gonna be the next song we play. I just don't know what it's gonna be yet. We're gonna be underneath that heat dome. Awesome heat advisory later on this afternoon. Actually it's gonna kick in at about eleven o'clock, so sunny Sky's low chances of rain, true temperatures highs of around nineteen Did you know that.
Speaker 4: Today is eight to eight twenty four, and that means.
Speaker 3: For the people who believe in astrology, it's there's a lions Gate portal opening where your manifestations are more powerful than ever.
Speaker 1: So it's not a numerology thing at all. Like there's I'm looking for some kind of cool thing about eight eight twenty four. There's nothing fun in that ulture day.
Speaker 4: I would just it's no.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 3: Eight is the lions Gate portal twenty twenty four reaching its peak.
Speaker 4: It's been open since July eighth, Rod, But.
Speaker 2: And what do you do?
Speaker 1: What is it going to do for you? Portal?
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 1: Is it raining down? Good luck?
Speaker 3: Well, the number eight represents balance between the spiritual world and the physical world. So today it is a perfect day to express to the universe what you would like like for it to happen. You could just write down your wishes as they've already come true, and then you can set it on fire.
Speaker 6: You could go to a.
Speaker 4: Meditation, you could just not know anything.
Speaker 3: Well, then you're not Then you're not manifesting hard enough.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it can be.
Speaker 3: It's like identifying what you really want from life and making sure you're in alignment.
Speaker 1: Rod.
Speaker 5: I don't know about you, but I don't need a specific data manifest I'm always out here manifest.
Speaker 6: That's wonderful.
Speaker 4: But see, not everyone's like that, and so they need the like me telling them like, hey, it's your portal. Don't forget about the portal.
Speaker 1: Do you need to be outside?
Speaker 4: Can do it anywhere?
Speaker 1: Am I portaling right now? You could be Can it penetrate the building if you just hold on?
Speaker 4: Okay, Rod, you're a virgo.
Speaker 3: If you want to penetrate the portal, you're This portal is activating virgo psychic powers, and it is encouraging.
Speaker 4: It's encouraging deep healing.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's like a you could just read me fortune cookies, just read me the back of like a shampoo bottle or the top of a snapper bottle.
Speaker 4: You should manifest freedom from what's been holding you back. Okay, that's just a suggestion.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: This segment's holding me back.
Speaker 1: Well, Kelly wants to know. Kelly wants to know real things here morning. I just wanted to ask, are you still turning a blind eye to ticket winning? Can I smile and dial for everything and still possibly win twentieth anniversary tickets?
Speaker 4: See, she's aligning herself with the party.
Speaker 1: It's kell dog. I did mention that I could not get official word from anybody that is in everybody here that's higher up than me. Nobody wanted to like sign off on something like that. There are rules in place, Chili and I. We've just told you because I noticed how people were staying away from winning other things, because they were saving themselves for the twentieth anniversary party, which were given away on the show today. Chili and myself are looking away. I'm looking away from any thirty day policy, from winning something else or whatever. So I guess if you I can't even type it out, I'm just gonna say it, and then I don't know, you're gonna have to go scour the internet for when I said it. Kelly, I am turning a blind eye to ticket winning from now until the party. Okay, So that's it. You take that for what it's worth. It's nine thirty one. All that portal talk.
Speaker 3: Time flies when you're manifesting. Yeah, I'm sending here your horoscope, Alex.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna read it.
Speaker 4: Then I'll read it out loud to you.
Speaker 6: I'll ignore it.
Speaker 4: Can't close your ears.
Speaker 1: Goldfinger here in your bedroom. Fourteen percent of the vote. Jesus Jones forty one percent of the vote. Rob Zombie forty three percent of the vote.
Speaker 6: It was a hell of a battleme, mom, it's so bad Thursday.
Speaker 1: Whatever the hell battle here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Evan Essence, Call Me when You're sober. Rob Zombie. Before that, I had completely forgotten about that song. It's a Grammy nominated song. It's from his second album. And I just went and I had a look at the video. I think we watched it in film class, believe it or not, with an edited, heavily edited version. But a clockwork orange. Did ever see that movie?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it is, Stanley.
Speaker 4: Kubrick, clockwork or familiar?
Speaker 1: Because it's really popular. It's referenced everything from The Simpsons.
Speaker 4: Seventy one dystopian crime film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in I mean it's old, but it's disturbing. And the whole Rob Zombie song that you just heard, they're all dressed as the Druids. You saw the movie, you know what I'm talking about, right down to them being in the car and he references the car in there.
Speaker 3: So, oh, I've seen this guy, this creepy guy that wears the black hat and has like the painted on lashes.
Speaker 1: You cannot go to a Halloween party without somebody dressed from a clockwork orn. Right, yeah, that's yeah, So that's what the video is all about too, with Rob Zombie again. Completely forgot about that song. All right, well let's talk about it here. Chilly put Rod Ryan Show twenty have anniversary party tickets on know the show. It's going down on a Saturday. It's October twelfth. It's at the Carbock Jewelry. We have acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime Blue, October, Theory of a Dead Man XCS cannot buy tickets, you have to win them. If you were to win something within thirty days, Chilli and I are just kind of looking the other way. We just want to get you in, Okay, we just want to get you in. All right, there's a heat advisory today. I'm not worried about thirty days. Yeah right, okay, we're hot. I'm worried about the heat dome. Okay, nobody needs to count days, how many times, how long it's been since you won something.
Speaker 4: No, I'm worried about the portal.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you seem very worried about that Azy Day Anniversary show tickets on the flip of this break on know the show, Stay there, Houston Rock.
Speaker 4: And The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show six Am, The Buzz ninety four five the bus. Okay, it's that time. Where's that annoying music? I know this show ninety over five? Okay, now, now got it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: There it is?
Speaker 1: What do you giving away?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of passes to the party everyone wants to go to.
Speaker 3: It's The Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party going down at Carbark Growing October twelfth, Shine Down Blue October, Sublime, Theory of a Dead Man, The X Season more.
Speaker 4: You can only win your way in So I hope you know the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your question today?
Speaker 3: What are people sending me pictures of They're actually sending a lot to rod and we love it.
Speaker 4: I'm over at X and I'm just tweeting it away because I love seeing it. I love to see it.
Speaker 1: I don't need any of them sent to me, and I've probably had one hundred at least. Okay, if you know the show, prove it every won three two. Here's Metallica on the Buzz. Metallica's in your Sandman rob Ryan Show, getting ready to turn you loose. Be careful with that heat advisory for sure today, Man, it's gonna be a warm one. Let's go over to the phones here. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this.
Speaker 7: Is this?
Speaker 1: Samantha? How are you today? Samantha? I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: How about you?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Thank you for asking testing your question. This is Samantha. She wants uh, she wants this hot hot ticket.
Speaker 3: Hey, Samantha, just tell me what people are sending pictures of to Rod. I got a couple, but I think he's got the majority of these.
Speaker 1: Pussy Cat Yes, pussy Cat, Yes, you're funny, you are.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're coming to this party, dude.
Speaker 3: It's the twentieth anniversary party going down at Carbar Brewery Brewing and you've just wanted pair of pastes because you know the show.
Speaker 6: I am so excited, dude.
Speaker 1: They'll be all there looking forward to it. Samantha, come say hi, come to party. It's an all date, it's not all date. Doors open at three o'clock day drinking, so very bear.
Speaker 4: I'm there.
Speaker 1: It's a brewery, yeah, a little bit. There's a lot of it right from the tap Samantha. Congratulations, glad you're into the party. Everyone else, you got to win your way in. Jeremy's got some tickets coming up for you in just a little bit. It's International Cat Day. I don't really like the global one. I just like the one that's local, the local Cat Day, Houston Cat International cat da hard to get excited about it. Thank you for thank you for all of you that sent me your cat pictures today. What is this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is David Bowie from There's an old movie. It was on HBO all the time when I was a kid. It was called Cat People. Natasha Henst Henstridge something like that. She turned into a cat. She was so hot, see and I think it was like one of my early boobies on TV. At some point she had to be naked on there.
Speaker 4: Thank you for sharing that memory.
Speaker 1: It is beautiful, Yes, Cat People. David Bowie did a wonderful job with this song.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: This song was used in Inglorious Bastards. Okay, when he burned on the theater, when he trapped everybody in the theater. This is the song that's playing, all right, brilliant, brilliant in that scene.
Speaker 4: Good song choice.
Speaker 1: We had to be farewell to the whatever Craig guy. So sad Richard, which with all the drops this morning, Alex, you surprised me today. He's going to go for win number two tomorrow. Thank you to everybody that submitted words today. Tessa wins at Read my Lips throw Back Thursday voters. Thank you the guy that sent in that fixed the gram. I think that's Chili's pen name that sent it in. Chili had to send that in today documentary Talk Suburbs Summer Sizzler. So we will play again tomorrow. Savannah from Richmond out, Bobby from Dayton. He won today, he advances in the bracket. We'll have sugar Land going against Texas City tomorrow at a twenty free beer Friday tomorrow, Open Phones Friday. That whole last hour of the show, yep, Fanny Friday will be the Instagram feature. Jeremy's got the NonStop Nooner. More chances to win twentieth anniversary party passes. I think he offers those up at his was the at one o'clock. Let you pick your tickets rod Ryan Show on all Socials at rod Ryan Show. Yeah, and go sev USA and the Olympics. That's it.
Speaker 6: That is it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: We gotta go.
Speaker 1: We're on a twenty hour break. Be careful out there with the heat. Have an awesome day everyone. Thank you for joining us am as well. Wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today all the good stuff the podcast, check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.