Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Pictures Media Radio, Welcome to Policy and Rights show up. Gosh welcomer, Policy that human joys.
Speaker 2: I thank the Security Council for giving me this opportunity to report to you on the situation in the and Off area of operations and of the UN dis Engagement Observer Force in implementing its mandate.
Speaker 3: Security Council consultation on and Off on the nineteenth of March, as remained volatile and continues to be characterized by significant violations of the nineteen seventy four This engagement of forces agreement with the entry of these ready Defense Forces IDF into the area of separation since the eighth of December. The Israeli Defense Forces currently occupies twelve positions that they established on the Bravo side, ten in the areas of separation and two in the area of limitation in the vicinity of the Bravo Line. They also continued to construct counter mobility obstacles along the seafire line and have flown on several occasions aircraft across the seasfire Line and helicopters into the area of separation. The IDEF also continue to impose some restrictions of movement on and Observer Group Golan personnel in the area of separation. Their restrictions on the movement of people residing in the area also continue. Residents in some areas have protested disruptions from IDEAS activities, including farming, the tention of civilian and caesar of large numbers of livestock, and we have conveyed his concerns to our Israeli interlocutors. Some residents have also appealed to UNDOFF to ask the Idea of to leave their.
Speaker 2: Villages, Mister President. In this difficult operational environment, and OF Personnel, supported by the Observer Group Golan, have continued to carry out to the best of their abilities activities and trusted to it, namely observation of the area of separation and the ceasefire line from their positions, as well as patrols and reports on the evolving situation.
Speaker 4: Permit to.
Speaker 2: Allow me to update you on the evolving security situation in Andov's area of operation. In recent weeks, and OF Personnel have noted multiple explosions on the Bravo side, which they deem to be significant kinetic activity linked to the efforts of the IDEA to and I quote demilitarize the south of Syria.
Speaker 3: On the twenty seventh of March, following an idea of attack on a location in the area of limitation. The idea of stated and I quote that during a planned idea of activity, a number of armed individuals opened fire from Koheia on idea forces the idea of send an aerial instrument to scan the field. The aryan instrument attacked was it most recently. Early morning on the third of April, und of personnel in the era of separation observed idea of troops in vehicles moving in a southeasterly direction of.
Speaker 4: The on the Bravo side.
Speaker 3: The end of personnel later heard and observed tipal explosions in the southern part of the area of limitation on the Bravo side. Uandoff assessed these explosions to be a result of the impact of IDF artillery fire, likely in Noah and Tasil. On the third of April. The IDEF informed UND of that en I quote. In the past few hours, the IDEF has struck remaining military capabilities in the areas of the Syrian military bases Hama and t four, along with additional military infrastructure in the Damascus area. The IDEF will continue to act to eliminate any threat to the citizen of the State of Israel and of court. Additionally, Open sources reported on the third of April incidents of residence in Deerra, including Tasil and Nawa, clashing with the IDEF convoy that attempted to enter the towns, forcing the convoy to retreat under the IDEF air cover. UNDOFF continues to liaise with both parties and engages on specific issues impacting UNDOFF operations and on complaints conveyed to UNDOFF a resident in the Area of Separation. In their engagement with the under leadership, senior IDEA OF officials have restated that their presence in the area of separation was necessary to secure it from what they described as terrorist elements and informed that Israel had no territorial ambitions in Syria. They have reiterated Israel's expectation of the demilitarization of the area southwest of Damascus outside of his forcing its colleddination mechanism to new leason arrangement with Syrian authorities. This includes enhancing information sharing protocols and regular consultative meetings. It remains critical that all parties uphold their obligation under the nineteen seventy four Disengagement of Forces Agreement, including by ending all authorized presents in the areas of separation and limitation, as well as refraining from any action that would undermine the ceasefire and stability on the Syrian Golan. There should be no military forces or activities in the area of separation other than those and UNDOFF. All actions that are inconsistent with the agreement are unacceptable. UNDOFF must have freedom of movement in its area of operations.
Speaker 4: The freedom of.
Speaker 3: Movement and safety and security of and OFF and observer a GOOP goal on personnel conducting their mandated task is of the highest priority.
Speaker 5: No, Mister President.
Speaker 2: In conclusion, I count on the continued cooperation of both parties so that the force can fully carry out its mandate andof remains essential for stability in the Goland and in the region. We are grateful to the Security Council for the continued support provided to and OFF, and I reiterate that this unanimous support is needed now more than ever in this difficult time.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to policy, writes here in Depictions Media Radio I'm your host, Michael Clarks. So, uh, there was a vote in Washington on the bill that would require identification for you to vote. Hidden inside of that bill is a way to limit.
Speaker 1: Voters.
Speaker 6: It is a way to take away the writing votes from women and transgender people because what it says within that bill that not only do you have to provide proper ID, which means two pieces of ID, but you have to provide the ID that matches your birth certificate. It has it all has to match up. If there is no match, you were denied your vote. So if you're a transgender person, you might have changed your name. If you are a married woman, you probably change your name. That now means that you have given up your right to vote because of the name change. Kind of interesting. I said a while ago that when one right falls, that if we don't fight desperately to keep them from falling, the next one is soon to follow. We all need to stand together for human rights, stand together against this brand of tyranny that we're seeing, because it's only going to get worse. This is only a couple of things. There's more to come. There's more jobs that are going to be lost to what elon Musk is saying. People are saying, oh, he's only eliminating those things that were corrupt. He's eliminated those things that, in his opinion, don't make more money. He's eliminating programs that literally help people live better. But only if those programs are being eliminated, if they're working class programs, if they're lower income programs, anything that would help the rich is staying in place. Mister Trump has literally crashed the American economy and it is streatening to try to drag down as many other economies as he possibly can with the tax tarffs. Soon, people are going to realize that when the prices go up when they go to buy groceries, when they go to buy some other needed items, we're not talking about luxury items. Forget the luxury items. Forget the next cell phone or the next computers you want to buy. Let's not worry about that. Let's worry about your day to day things. When those products come from overseas and you are the one standing at the store, standing in the checkout aisle, having to pay the tariff, you understand how tariffs truly work. So we're gonna here today from all the all three party leaders, including Jack Meat, saying, as he made a statement in public about his campaign and what he wants wants to see the DP do. There was a ad that I heard today on the radio about why you should vote for the NDP because, well, simply put that, mister Povier is only going to support those who are wealthy, and he's going to take away rights to those who are working class, and mister Carney is going to look to slash healthcare costs at the same time, right write a check back to the richest people in the country so that they get uh tax breaks and things like that. So interesting rhetoric from jag Meat saying, uh with with his people with the ad it actually does. It doesn't say that say that there's no hidden agenda to it. It's upfront and says it says this is from the NDP. So I thought it was an interesting ad. We're gonna hear from Jack Meat as he delivers a message about what his campaign is about, and of course he's still talking about he wants to support the working class people, he wants to support.
Speaker 1: Those who.
Speaker 6: Are underprivileged, and he wants to put in programs that would increase healthcare and increase dental care and try to make the working class people happier. We're also going to hear from Pierre Pouvier as he makes some statements about announcements about his campaign also and things that the Conservative Party is looking to do.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 6: He isn't really putting up a lot of plan and he just just a lot of rally as he visits the auto sector and talking about how he is going to support those automotive jobs while he's blaming mister Carney saying that he's that those jobs are going to leave if they vote Liberal and they're going to go to the United States or elsewhere. And he's still still claiming he is going to sell that mister Karney is going to sell out to to the to to the US and Donald Trump. But I want you to take a really close look and listen to what mister mister Polvie is saying, because there's a lot of parallels in what he is saying, and we don't want to repeat the mistake that was made in the United States by voting mister trumpin, because he's if we listen to bring it home Canada first. All those things lead back to well neo Nazism. If we vote mister Poulvier in, how will we stop him from doing a lot of the same things that we're seeing in the United States. With that, we're also going to hear some very brief statements as mister Carnie makes a five minutes statement before going running into a rally and I believe on Ontario, And we're also going to here another two minute statement as he talks about US and Canada relations and the tariffs and how what he's currently doing and what his plan is in the long run if elected. So he's in seven minutes, he describes plans and policy and what he's looking to do and instead of just trying to rebel rouse some taglines. So it's something to be considered. We have two candidates that are actually talking about plans and action, whereas one is, as I just had, rebel rousing, he isn't really putting a lot of substance up. And right now in this world, we need substance from our leaders. We need to know what it is they're going to do to help us, and we need to know what it is that they're going to do to place sanctions against Donald Trump and and those who support him in the United States is like we were still looking to see. Hey, you know, as far as ports are concerned, did you know that BC could take take over the West Coast ports and have have products shipped in for UH into Western Canada. Like it he split and could make a lot of the ports from Seattle to California go dark. Oh wait if they If he does that, the cruise lines are threatening to go to Washington and out to Vancouver. I think there's more money involved in cargo and then there is actually in the cruise lines, but I could be wrong. And Doug Ford, I hope that he is actually working out how to make from well Maine to New York City lose electricity. I hope he is actually working on that because because the let's put it this way, the more liberal minded and the and the moderate people in the United States are actually looking to Canada to see what they can do, what we can do to help them. They want that relationship with us, They want that brotherhood. They want us to be brothers and sisters, and in UH in North America they want also Mexico to join in. And we all live a very peaceful life on this continent, all joined together. It's the Trump supporters that are saying that, oh no, Canada is mean and nasty. Canada wants to tarre of us into until we are broke. Mexico just wants us to write blank checks so that they can have stuff on the US on the backs of the US citizens. They're the one saying it, not the the moderate and the more liberal people that citizens are living there, which is actually the average person. They're looking to Canada to see how they can actually help. And some of the ways that we can actually help is by making those ports go dark and by making the turning down the electricity so that key areas in the in the US, including that automotive sector, because Detroit would go dark. So while we listened to see what was happening on the campaign trail with jag Meat Singh, Pierre Povier, and well Mark Carney isn't really campaigning. He's talking about what he's actually currently trying to to build it with relations for Canada with the United States. So when we hear that statement also and along with that, keep in mind what's happened in the global scene. As we heard before you heard me, come on, you heard a statement from the United Nations Peace Coordinator. He's Under Secretary for Peace Operations. As we heard from from the UN Security Council before you heard my voice. So let's move forward and we'll hear from Mark Karney as he talks a little bit about what's going on between the United States and Canada, and then we'll hear from jag Me and mister Paul Vier.
Speaker 4: So, as you know, just convene.
Speaker 7: The Canada US Committee had a good long discussion on several aspects. The first is the general situation. In the last week, there have been a lot of developments in terms of US tariff policy, reactions from others, including China, really marked tightening in financial conditions, of slowing signs, the initial signs of slowing in the global economy, impacts that we're starting to see the unfortunately in the Canadian economy, particularly in the Canadian labor market. We reviewed our response to those tariffs, our core strategy to fight, to protect, and to build. We left instructions for officials to ensure that the next government, whichever government Canadians choose, will be in the best possible position for negotiations with the United States, which, as the President and I have agreed will begin from the start of May of France. Uh darbine reignon the committee Canada. Americans use Felm review that the situation actuallyl Ecademy Montjail. Yeah, they see the jar donland Is Mount, the economy Mount Jail, Ian Grand Roussel Mount, the condition of financier. Uh the unpacked key commons of Canada. Uh y had they seen adverse not marche the Trabai const the sector of automobile. Uh lose one strategy strategy Claire, the so bad, so bad court the letter. If American a justifier, the protege not the police, please affect tape parli menas American he the BATSI not economy uh un, then this instruction or who Google amounts to Canada. Offender failed the preparation, The preparation started to seek the preparation, the preparation the many of the repons. Offender one the negotiation. If if he cast the effective for the Prussian govern amount nimp government, the government, the Canadian they can the Canadian ze levent tweet An says, we are.
Speaker 4: Ready to build up people. Thanks. I like to apologize for the weather.
Speaker 1: I like them.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know the officials for enforcing the fire code. But I'm afraid that that means the R S I and that's not going to change few words because the fact that you're here means the world to me. It means the world to our candidates.
Speaker 9: Here in Hamilton in the yard, means the world to the Liberal.
Speaker 4: Party, and candidly I need. It means the world to the world.
Speaker 3: What I need, the world needs.
Speaker 10: More more in Canada, more than ever this brad time when America's chosen not to leave, but Canada, Wilson, you are here.
Speaker 11: Nor may I start by saying, who's ready to stand?
Speaker 4: I think you're ready help Liberal Party.
Speaker 12: We're the most part.
Speaker 13: And what our strategy is, what our plan is in this situation is to fight, to protect and to build.
Speaker 4: We are fighting.
Speaker 14: We are absolutely we are fighting vis I'm justin by tarriff arrifs against our feel.
Speaker 11: Industry are or what uh what you're fighting and with terrorists of our own that's right.
Speaker 1: But we are taking that money.
Speaker 4: What are we doing that?
Speaker 5: Lady?
Speaker 4: Do you make it that.
Speaker 11: We are taking that money and we are giving it all that to the workers and as we're right, cause we are in this for the long haul and that goes to the second, which is protected.
Speaker 4: We're protecting our workers.
Speaker 11: We made a major series of Announstan's day here can exciting.
Speaker 14: We are protecting. We are ever attacking right or workers. We're protecting ours. We're protecting around h we are getting I'm getting writing comments area. But the most important thing and this city.
Speaker 11: This cy everything about it is yeah.
Speaker 4: We are going to give our.
Speaker 11: Fellas far more than the Americans can ever.
Speaker 15: Take your here.
Speaker 11: We are able to double the rate of home brother. We are going to build an energy superpower. We aren't going to fail new trains or orders. With reliable partners.
Speaker 16: We all our security and we're gonna do.
Speaker 11: It all in the way they use this Canadian seal.
Speaker 4: They use this Canadian and.
Speaker 11: That use it, and part of that be heard of that.
Speaker 9: One of the big things we did.
Speaker 13: This week was we announced a comprehension of plan. I'm just to create tens of thousands of jobs. It's important so far, but tens of thousands and five hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 12: Of careers in the skill traits.
Speaker 11: We will pay all the costs of apprenticeship. We will probably units in order to train point.
Speaker 14: We will our most secondary institutions and we will ensure that there's a demand.
Speaker 11: What are those people and the reason we do this, the reason we do this, of course it's for those good high pain trucks, But of course it's for those right futures, better future for our children, like the.
Speaker 5: Future for you.
Speaker 1: That's we're all out here for you, and it is true.
Speaker 11: But it's also as liberals, we know we need a strong economy because this is Canada, and in Canada we care about each other. We know and not everyone is as fortunate. We know sometimes people don't know. Sometimes people are a hard time. We know that publi Like the US where healthcare is a big business, in Canada it is.
Speaker 6: A right.
Speaker 14: Strong economy, the wrong economy for a barnmentcare, for dental care, childcare.
Speaker 11: We learned a lesson. We learned Tuble lessons, Coule lessons.
Speaker 17: Right one.
Speaker 11: We have to look out for us all as is we always look out for entire So I asked you you there yours work, said at a sand rapper, Canada.
Speaker 4: Okay, you heard my speech.
Speaker 18: I just have one additional comment in English and French, and then I look forward to your questions. We've learned now additional example of Brookville Investments and specifically Mark Karney a funded he another fund that he managed where they use the location of Ugland House in the Cayman Islands. And this is a particular location that was referred to by Obama a former president, Barack Obama as either one of the busiest workplaces or the large buildings in the Cayman Islands, or a.
Speaker 4: Massive tax evasion space.
Speaker 18: This is a space where over fifteen thousand business have been registered to this one property, this one location, and it's clear the only purpose for registering in this office is.
Speaker 4: To avoid paying taxes.
Speaker 18: And what this means is again another example of Brooklyn Investments, whether they're doing it legally, even if they're doing it illegally, it's cheating our healthcare system, it's cheating our pensions, it's cheating Canadian investments because you're not paying your fair share and you're making your money in Canada, but you're not paying.
Speaker 4: Your taxes in Canada.
Speaker 18: And I'm worried that if Mark Karney was the chair of a company and was the head of this fund and made this decision as recently as just a couple months ago, He's not going to be someone that's going to crack down on offshore tax savings. He's not going to make sure companies pay what they owe and invest in our country at a time when we were going through so much uncertainty. We need those that revenue, We need those investments so we can actually invest in our healthcare, we can protect workers, we can increase e I payments, and workers can actually keep their homes and pay their bills. So I'm worried about that. And there's just more evidence that Marcarni has chosen to not contribute to Canada when he was managing these huge funds. And here's another example now in the Cayman Islands, don Quia not for example, the Markcarnim massive come president, the Brookfield UZ and on don a particularly monkey, said bell Ugland House who the Can's meal sante PRIs qui registrade don said mem Ed Salmon. An example of the evasion fiscal a c FLTE SUS infrastructure public do not example the Markcarni key Kidd.
Speaker 4: Bar xp Way, the v T D pay the Temple Canada.
Speaker 18: Price FDI Profio Canada set on price DUI p the Xemple Canada. The Sassine gun problem is amount the movies valor excel with amady for any.
Speaker 5: Questions very much. Will now take the questions from the press. One question one per journalists, my par on divisionalists and personalists account Canada.
Speaker 19: Saying the promuminist campaign, the lab the justnande so hold the primium minist.
Speaker 20: And compactors in messame say the pond decision, the transparence on the dicis.
Speaker 4: You the rene Gont like Canadian.
Speaker 18: Plus the transparence uh cele kisses celebs, Caskilva, Donny case Kiva negotiation sins only a moins clerk Jemmy consider le val princip come not to a system something public universal la LANs francis quis not natural mineral critic, don't caskill vas Kilva con is only okay, just listen, supprovoir Japansky at some more in in attack direct contra a veca l pos Montree par Donald Trump japans d just be surely keep Canada and come on attack proposed mc donald Trump Masuki and d at simo more as.
Speaker 4: The metal place and change more de la.
Speaker 18: Le montig pepeque le mont lament sepib the b twulli factur vec La Moitier, the de Las.
Speaker 4: On a besonder and augment book, le gean pice, pila.
Speaker 18: Factur pails put plentene palcaequ.
Speaker 4: Regula basque on a practice deja lesion.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Next question, Young Billy the club and.
Speaker 21: Mister saying, we've heard, obviously for the last little bit about your views on your Democrats making a difference and such. But to move to an event the debates next week. Given the dire situation for your party, what do you think you specifically have to accomplish in these two debates.
Speaker 18: We want to make the care for Canadians that Canada works best when one party doesn't have all the power, and when people have voted for new Democrats, they voted for a party and leaders that have gone to Ottawa and fought for them and delivered for them. Because people voted for us, we were able to deliver things like dental care in the first steps towards national pharmacare. Because people voted for us, we were able to hold the government to account. So I want Canadians to know in this time of uncertainty, there's a lot of serious questions. What are we going to defend, how are we going to fight back, what do we need to protect in all these questions, who's going to fight for you? And who's going to hold the government to account? And in all of this, I think Canadians know it's best when Ottawa doesn't give power or doesn't one party doesn't have all the power. And so that's what I'm going to encourage Canadians to think about during the debates.
Speaker 21: How will you get that message out when most viewers will probably be looking at mister Karney and mister Polyev to see who is best equipped to deal with Donald Trump? Mean you the lines you've just said, of the lines you've been saying over and over again, but like, how are you going to get your message out when most people are paying potention to those two.
Speaker 18: I've had some great events, a great turnouts at debates, So I'm looking forward to using the debate as a platform to make this case to Canadians. But Canadians know this as well. You ask Canadians you know when does Canada work best? And I'll tell you it's when one party doesn't have all the power. They've seen it and the results that we've experienced as Canadians. So when we've got our universal healthcare, Tommy Doug, this was in a position as new Democrats were strong to be able to make that happen. Our old security, our pension and most recently Denzel Care and pharmacare these things only happen when people vote for new Democrats and send us to Ottawa and Canadians want someone there to hold the government to account, to hold the powerful due account.
Speaker 4: That's what we do. Send us to Ottawa and we're going to hold government to account.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Next question, why the news.
Speaker 15: I'm mister sin good to see you on the issue of caraff specifically and how that relates to where your party is in the polls right now. How much of this kind of de escalation of the support that you have is a result of Canadians, specifically progressives, thinking that Mark Carney, given his fysical experience, is better suited to lead the charge on this issue.
Speaker 18: I think a lot of people are worried by what Donald Trump has been saying and what he's been doing. I think a lot of Canadians are feeling scared. There's a lot of uncertainty, and in all of that, there's going to be some really important decisions. The first budget will be a very important budget about how we respond to the threats of Donald Trump. And in that discussion, I'm encouraging Canadians to consider that Canada has worked best when one party doesn't have all the power, and when you send new Democrats to Ottawa, you get results for people. And in all of this, I think more than ever, Canadians deserve someone that's going to fight for them, that's going to say, no, we're not going to give up on our universal public healthcare.
Speaker 4: We're going to fight back.
Speaker 18: Against Mark Carney's proposed forty two billion dollar cut to healthcare, pensions, security, to the services that Canadians need.
Speaker 4: In this serious time.
Speaker 18: You need someone that's going to fight back against those cuts and stand up for working people.
Speaker 4: And that's New Democrats.
Speaker 15: And yesterday when I spoke to Alberta Premier Danielle Smith, she told me that out of all of the tariffs, she believes retaliatory tariffs are among the most harmful. First, do you have any reaction to that, But then also looking at retaliatory tariffs, would you look to increase or perhaps decrease the ones that Mark Kearney has outlined if you're elected.
Speaker 18: I agree with the approach of Mark Karney in terms of retaliatory tariffs. I think most Canadian leaders believe we've got to fight back in defend our country. On the question of defending our country, I think Danna Smith has not shown that same commitment to defending Canada, and I think it's been troubling some of the comments she's been making that show more of an interest in supporting Trump or Pierre Pauliev than actually defending Canadians.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Next question Michael TV.
Speaker 22: Mister saying in your speech today you almost made it sound like a Carney win is a foregone conclusion.
Speaker 12: Do you think the election's over?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that there is an important decision for Canadian to make.
Speaker 18: I think campaigns matter, and I think in this campaign, I want Canadians to know that your vote does matter. And if you want someone to hold government to account, if you want someone that's going to fight to make things happen for working class people, for middle class people, that's what we've done in the past, That's what we have done as a party, and you will need that now more than ever. There's a lot of big decisions in front of us. Who's going to stand up and say people should be put first. Working class people should be never forgotten. Who's going to defend our public universal healthcare, Who's going to fight back against Mark Carney's cuts? No party should have all the power. Having you Democrats there and holding government to account will mean that Canadians would be better off.
Speaker 22: So if this is going to be a minority parliament, as you are clearly a calling for, you have said you would never support Pierre pauliev and you are now criticizing what you think Mark Karney will make as cuts. So who would you support in a minority parliament?
Speaker 18: Then Well, I've laid out our priorities, and I've laid out the things that we're going to fight for in the next budget, which will be the next big decision. The things that matter to Canadians is they've got to be able to afford their groceries. They've got to be able to afford a home. They got to be able to have some relief because the cost of living is so high, and we've laid out a path to do that, and workers have already lost their jobs. Potentially more might lose their job in this trade war, so we need to have protections in place for them. So concretely, what does that mean. I want to see a price cap on food essentials. I want to ban corporations from buying up affordable homes. I want EI the amount that a worker receives to be high enough so they can pay their bills, they can pay their mortgage, the rent, and buy their groceries and keep a roof over their head. And right now that's not the case. Right now EI only covers for some workers less than half of what they make. No worker these days can actually make it with less than half their salary. Maybe twenty thirty years ago you could have made it by, but now it's not going to It doesn't work that way. So we need to make sure EI is there for folks.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Next question, actually, Berg CBC.
Speaker 17: I'm interesting. There are some people in the room that you were just in that's say, maybe after this life, it's time for a new leader, someone to build up the party for the next generation. Is this your last election?
Speaker 18: I'm focused on the campaign in front of me and the choice in front of me, and that's a very important choice. We're up against a real scary time and in all of that, I again ask Canadians to consider who's going to fight for you, who's going to stand up for you, Who's going to fight for the things you need? Relief when it comes to your groceries, homes you can afford, make sure that EI covers workers who are now worried about losing their jobs, and all of this. New Democrats will have your back. So send more new Democrats to Outawa.
Speaker 17: When was the moment that you decided that it was time in this campaign to stop saying that you're running to become prime minister.
Speaker 18: I want folks to know the choices in this election. The choice is really important. I can tell you having been in a minority government. When new Democrats were there, we made a big difference in people's lives. We were able to bring in things that had never happened before.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 18: New Democrats fought and forced the government to deliver like Denzel Care and Pharmacare. If you send more of us to Ottawa, we'll continue that type of work. We'll fight to make sure you can afford your groceries, that you can afford a home, and so in this time, I think more than ever, Canadians need new Democrats in Outawa fighting for them.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Next question, Mark Ramsey, Toronto starr H.
Speaker 23: I'm interesting either if we do indeed get a Liberal minority government, and as you say he will, Mark Carney proposes cuts in the budget, are you willing to send Canadians to another election just a few months from now?
Speaker 18: Well, the question is, well, Mark Karney, he's proposing. He said his plan is to cut and a time of uncertainty and fear and worry, cutting forty two billion dollars out of the operating budget is the wrong thing to do.
Speaker 4: That is his plan, that is his words.
Speaker 18: I think it is wrong for him to do that. He's said again again he wants to cut spending, and he said where he wants to cut that spending in the operating budget. And he's defined the operating budget. He's laid out what the operating budget is. It's healthcare, it's transfers, it's old age security and pensions. And the amount that he would have to cut to achieve his goal is over forty allien dollars. That is wrong and we're going to fight back against that in the next budget. We can't see cuts to the things that people need. We need to see investments in our country.
Speaker 23: When you came in as leader in twenty seventeen, you spoke about expanding the party into new areas, particularly the GTA suburbs where there's a lot of newcomers and people who were inspired by you. That has never happened, and now the party is fighting to remain relevant in Parliament and fighting to keep another third minority parliament.
Speaker 12: Can you reflect on that and whether your leadership is the result of that.
Speaker 18: Well, I think about what we were able to achieve in the last minority government. I think about people that I mentioned, like Sue, who a senior on a fixed income, who lost your teeth because she survived cancer but then lost her teeth in the process. And I was with her in the office when she was told by the dentist that they would be able to give her smile back, and I remember her tears of joy knowing that she's going to get her dignity back. We're speaking to a kid who told me that he felt like he was a burden on his family because he was a Type one diabetic and his medication costs so much. I promised that kid that I was going to fight to make sure he didn't feel like a burden. And we've delivered national pharmacare so that kid doesn't have to worry about the cost of diabetes medication. That's what we delivered for Canadians. If you want more of that, fighting for you and your family, lifting up everyday people vote for a new Democrat.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Next question Steward Benson Heal with Times Hither.
Speaker 24: First question just easy part be can you confirm or promise that your costed platform will be out before the Wednesday debate? And then second part is do you think that some of your promises, the accusations you make of your opponents wanting to do cuts, would have had more impact or effect had your platform been out more and there have been a more concrete and detailed sort of path forward, as you.
Speaker 18: Say, we will be releasing our costed budget and we'll let you know when that's available. And Mark Karney is telling folks his plan like he has repeated this. There's a question he was asked on whether he would close tax havens or not, and in the response to that question he didn't answer the question but closing tax havens, but he said he would cut spending.
Speaker 4: He's repeatedly said he was going to cut spending.
Speaker 18: He's laid out the areas where he's going to cut, and the amount that he's going to cut is forty three billion dollars. That is not something that Canadians can do with at a time is so much uncertainty and chaos by Donald Trump. People need to see investments in our healthcare. We need to see protections for workers, and that's what new Democrats.
Speaker 4: Are going to fight for.
Speaker 24: And then I just want to follow up on the sort of the I guess experiment or the initiative you guys have working with influencers do you sort of have is that still something you're doing if you've learned any lessons from I guess the sort of stumble out of the gate? And what do you say to sort of influencers who looked at how the party handled that and say, well, we took a risk as well, and they feel like they sort of got the influencer question, feel like they got abandoned when push came to show.
Speaker 12: So what would you respond to.
Speaker 18: At we encourage working with folks that believe in our vision of investing in healthcare, expanding pharmacare, making the super rich pay their fair share, who believe in closing tax havens, folks that want to use a platform to continue to talk about those things.
Speaker 4: We welcome.
Speaker 18: I'm honored and be excited to speak about that, and folks that are out there. I mean, ultimately, I want to speak to electors, the Canadians and let them know the choice in this election.
Speaker 4: It's an important choice.
Speaker 18: You got folks that have shown you that they're going to cut the services you need, folks that are prioritizing billionaires in the super rich or new Democrats.
Speaker 1: Who are in it for you.
Speaker 4: We're going to fight for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Next question, Matteo Simacloizen. Thank you, mister sing.
Speaker 9: Both Poliev and Karney have proposed cuts to the public service, Poliev massive up to the seventeen thousand per year, Carney using AI for efficiencies and so on. Were to ask you your thoughts on the current side of public service and if you think it needs to grow or indeed shrink, particularly if we find ourselves in a minority government.
Speaker 18: So we're, like I mentioned, the context we're in right now. We've got the threats of Donald Trump and job losses already happening. People are already losing their jobs because of the steel and Illuna tariffs, and the auto terraffs, and there's more threats of job loss in the future. At a time when people are worried about losing their jobs a potential recession, cutting more jobs is the wrong thing to do. So I reject the proposal of cutting jobs at the public sector. That's the last thing we need to do right now. These are folks that provide the services we need. And with the uncertainty, there might be more services that we need to provide to Canadians. There might be an uptake of folks that find themselves without a job. They might need access to employment insurance. We're going to need more public were going to need these workers, We're not going to need less of them. So I'm a post the cuts at a time of uncertainty. I'm a post to cutting the number of public servants. We need that civil service, and I think Mark Karney and Pierre Polias planned to cut is wrong.
Speaker 12: I want to ask about work from home.
Speaker 9: It's a big, big thing on the negotiation table, and we have several public service unions getting set for bargaining. What are your thoughts on work from home? Do we need to scrap the three day a week? Does it need to go further. Do you support the unions and their struggle to have more flexible work.
Speaker 18: Yeah, of course I support the unions on this, and particularly the unions were promised that the Prime Minister and the government, we're going to negotiate work with them to achieve an outcome and to get to a result, and they didn't do that. They broke their word, and I think that's fundamentally wrong. That breaks trust. So if you promise to work with the union to get to a result, you should do that. And also, from hearing from workers at a time of all these worries around the cost of living and difficulties in people's lives, being able to work from home is a really important tool to combat that, and so I support the workers in their pursuit of getting a fair result in a fairdo thank you.
Speaker 5: Next question, Devid Backster, can an impress.
Speaker 25: Good afternoon, mister sing Yes, we'll go back to my colleagues Ashley's question, because with respect, you didn't fully answer it. Early in campaign you were saying you were campaign to be prime minister. Even before the campaign you were Now that message has had a definite pivot. Was there any one particular moment or a series of moments or events that prompted this shift to bringing forward a more unique idea to the Canadian political landscape.
Speaker 18: Well, we just want folks to know the choice they have in this election, and folks will ultimately choose the outcome of Parliament. That's in the hands of the electors, that's the hands of people. But I want people to know that the vote does matter and to remind people about what we've achieved as a country when folks have voted for New Democrats. We talk a lot about Tommy Douglas bringing in universal health care. He could not have done that but for the fact people voted for him, People voted for New Democrats, and we were able to achieve these things. People give us credit for having to have been able to fight to bring in dental care and pharmacare. I couldn't have done that, My team couldn't have done that but for people who voted for us and sent us to Ottawa. So now, casting forward, we've got a lot of things on the horizon. And for people who are worried about the cost of living, about groceries and homes, who are worried about losing their jobs, an EI, the amount that you get just not being enough. The only party that's committed to making these things better for you are New Democrats. You've got to send us to Ottawa if you want us to fight for you. And we've said this, and I really believe this, that Canada works best we don't give all the power to one party. Have more New Democrats, have a strong number of Democrats fighting for you in Ottawa, and you'll get better results for Canadians.
Speaker 25: But firstly, I can't recall the last time a party outside potentially the block of that QUAP really campaign to be a national power broker party. Is there anything with your team that prompted this shift from earlier in the campaign to now making that the NDP's more overt goal.
Speaker 18: We just want Canadians to know the choice that they have in this election, and that choice, I think is really important, and so reminding people the things that we were able to achieve. It's not just because of us, it's because you voted for us, because Canadians voted and sent Canadians, Canadians sent us to Ottawa that we were able to deliver these things. And I want folks to know that going into the last couple weeks of this campaign that they do have an important choice to make, and there's a lot of really important decisions that our country's going to make. And I want folks to know if you've got new Democrats in Ottawa, the more of us you send, we'll be able to fight for you. We'll be able to stand up for you and make your priorities the priority in Ottawa.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Last question, John Woodside, National Observer, misteresting.
Speaker 4: So, okay, we've heard the comments.
Speaker 16: What I guess i'd like to know is, are you explicitly talking about doing another confidence and supply agreement with the Liberals? Is that why Canadians need to vote in vote in enough new Democrats? Is that something you're contemplating. Can just speak to that a little bit.
Speaker 18: Sure, we're talking about the next budget and the next budget, so the government's gonna government's gonna be voted in and then quickly after there'll be a throne speed and a budget. In that budget that'll be the first budget to respond to the threats of Donald Trump, the threats of the global uncertainty and the trade war.
Speaker 4: In that budget, we've laid out.
Speaker 18: Our priorities and things that we want to fight for rank control, price cap on grocery essentials, you know, real concrete steps to make life more affordable.
Speaker 16: Okay, well, maybe let's put it this way, the Confidence and Supply Agreement. In the past, I've heard you speak about how you know, even if you haven't gotten the credit for it, that you know, perhaps you believe you should. In the past, you've described this as being an effective leader for the NDP one of the most effective in fact, to get across pharmacare dental care, et cetera. Now, if we're talking about potentially doing another type of agreement if enough new Democrats get elected, I mean, is this effectively the new space for the party to be this kind of broker? Were there any lessons learned from that? And let me just kind of add into that question. You know, a lot of the criticism that I think you've been facing lately has sort of swirled around partnering up with the Liberals, yes, pushing them to do certain things, but then them taking the credit for it. So, you know, how do you navigate that as a party leader if the polls are not doing very well, but that's your room for influence.
Speaker 18: Well, we just look at our history. I mean, this is what we have done as a party throughout the history of our country. Literally every single social program was introduced by New Democrats being in a position of power to do that. We look at universal healthcare Tommy Douglas, We look at old A pension and Olday security and pensions New Democrats.
Speaker 4: Dental care and pharmacare New Democrats.
Speaker 18: The things that we've done as a society to lift up people to hop out everyday working class and middle class families have come as a result of people voting.
Speaker 4: For New Democrats. That's been the position we've played for a long time.
Speaker 18: Elect enough of us, we can make an influence in getting people some real relief, things like a price cap on food essentials, things like a making sure that big corporations don't buy up affordable homes, banning them from doing so.
Speaker 4: These are things New Democrats can deliver for you.
Speaker 26: Thank you, good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I'd like to start by thanking and welcoming the leader of the Opposition, the Honorable Pierre Paulie, for being here today, as well as the candidates Bass Slimers, Tony Baldonelli, Dean Allison and Fred Davis. My name is Sean Padulo and I'm the CEO of Ontario Shipyards. I'm proud to showcase Ontario Shipyards today and I'd like to start by thanking all the employees that you see behind me here. It's because of your hard work that we get to invite such a lustrious guests and they come. The port Waller Drydox once had over two thousand employees. It was the epicenter of shipbuilding in Canada and in Ontario. There was over two hundred and fifty ships built during World War Two. Today, our country needs ships and we can build them here. Canada has some obligations. We need to hit our NATO two percent, We need to take defense into our own hands, and we need to ensure that the men and women who sail on the Canadian Coast Guard ships and Navy ships have new vessels. At a time of great economic uncertainty, a shipyard building ships can act as an economic anchor for its community, and we have shipyards in Hamilton, thunder Bay and Saint Catharinees. We look forward to working with Canada to build ships for our country. And on that note, I'd like to welcome candidate Fred Davis up to the podium.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 27: My name is Fred Davies. I'm the common Sense Conservative candidate for the new riding of Niagara South. I have the honor of hosting Pierre Pauli of today are Canada First, for a Canada First announcement. After this lost Liberal decade, with costs and crime up and our economy down under America's thumb, it's clear that the Liberals don't deserve a fourth term. It's time to put Canada first for a change with a new Conservative government that will acts taxes, build homes, unleash our resources, stop crime, and bring home jobs. To stand up to Trump from a position of strength, Pierre Paulief is the only person who can bring change to Canada. Here to tell you more about our plan, I have the honor and the pleasure to introduce the only man who can stop mister Carney, the leader of Canada's common Sense Conservatives and the next Prime Minister of Canada. Pierre Poulief's here to see you all.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's great to be back. Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: Guys.
Speaker 28: What a crew, what an incredible team. I'll see Fred, We'll see that La Tulmon. Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: Everyone.
Speaker 28: Most of all, thank you to the great workers at the Ontario Shipyards, Sean. Thank you for welcoming meet me back. Where is Sean? Excuse hiding there? Sean, Good to see you. This is my what my third time here? It is third time, and we're going to be doing a lot more building here in the future. Can't wait to stimulate even more shipbuilding and maintenance. And there's no better shipyard anywhere in the world than this one. Thank you to your family for all you've built, Sean, and thank you to our incredible team of concern bit of candidates who are here to deliver change. We've got bass slammers, We've got Tony Baldonelli, Dean Allison and of course Fred Davies, whom you've met. And they're here because they want to bring change to Canada, to bring back Canada's promise, so that hard work gets a great life and a beautiful, affordable house on a safe street protected by brave troops under our proud flag. They're here because the choice in this election, of course, is that after the lost Liberal decade of rising costs and crime and a falling economy under America's thumb, we can't afford a fourth Liberal term. We need a change in government so Conservatives can act taxes, build homes, liberate our resources and build our economy strong enough to stand up to the Americans for a change. That is the choice in this election, and no better place to symbolize that choice than right here in wellm at Ontario Shipyards. For thirty five years, this one hundred percent Canadian owned company has led the way on ship building and repair, creating thousands of jobs and strengthening our maritime borders. The ships they build and repair allow products to get to market, and it's great to be joined by so many of the workers who do that incredible, skillful work. There's a lot of brain power in this room today. Here we are today near the welland Canal. This great Canadian project united our country. The first two phases were built before confederation even happened, as the British colonies took their first tendative steps to join economies together. The third phase of the canal was done under then Prime Minister Sir JOHNY McDonald, and its fourth phase was begun by Conservative mins Prime Minister Robert Bordon. Now the reason I bring that up, as I asked my could we actually build the well in Canal today? I wonder here we are a century and a half later. We have much more technology, bigger, more powerful machines. We don't rely on the muscular power of animals to move heavy rocks and.
Speaker 12: Aggregates. We have these incredible machines.
Speaker 28: But something tells me it would actually take longer to get it built today, not because of our builders or our companies or the machines they use, but because of the enormous bureaucracy that would stand in the way of getting it done. But today, more than ever, we need to start building. And we've done it before, we can do it again. We've built the Great Canadian Pacific Railway. We cleared the Saint Lawrence Seaway, creating an H two highway from basically Thunder Bay all the way to the Atlantic Ocean. Because of the ability to get things done, and we will be able to do things again. We've been hit with hardship in the past. Remember the great global economic crisis of two thousand and eight. During that time, our government Turk took fast action under the leadership of then Prime Minister Stephen Harper. It was called the Economic Action Plan. There were some differences. Obviously, we went into that crisis strong. Our economy was growing, We had a budget surplus before the crisis hit.
Speaker 12: Food was affordable, so we're homes taxes were lower.
Speaker 28: I know because I was serving as Prime Minister Harper's parliamentary secretary.
Speaker 12: At the time.
Speaker 28: Later I would go on to be his Housing and Jobs Minister, and that was a time of rising wages and.
Speaker 12: Very afford laughably affordable housing costs.
Speaker 28: You could buy the average home in Canada then for four hundred and fifty thousand dollars and the average rent was nine hundred dollars on a one bedroom. It's almost as hard to believe that that was only ten years ago. We slashed red tape, simplified project application, streamlined approvals, and the result is that things got built. The original Economic Action Plan built thirty thousand projects, roads, bridges, water systems, port expansions, and more six hundred and ten thousand new jobs. We created a one and done rule, one project, one page application form, one page one environmental review, and after all these projects were done, the Environment Commissioner did not find a single environmental problem, even though all of that paperwork was supposedly meant to protect the environment after lost after lost liberal decade, with costs up and the economy down. Sadly, this is no longer the case. A play la cries decsimic and the mixsguvil manco say de le Canada as le tries di feran socials, we say you commit mon notre onomy feb and salare stime bas they taxed. Sometimes le cou la villa site explodes cos they tax the the pounds.
Speaker 12: The sample liberal on the middle with cep a libre. They tax it andrend the the reds wi lurid sorrow, the large man it.
Speaker 28: Abordample prepa Julia loge tel a second para monteregra Stephen Harper, don Sela a prit tas minist responsorje legree, Paul avoir and Maison on a mid new Sareba on the basilarge man On Guardina tree economy and croissants on the red La pepper As simply feel the Mount Paul on the ground, Prussia, the progia on it, the complete rapid mar proNT, mill a daughter Ruth, the du Pont, the resol that provision mount see some miles and stem plant ambi sieur for fair fires a situation and du permet traverse la crisee a pre decini pel du de Libero Avecley who are house a notree economy arm based surname mel rose Mount pul car don le Alex the Beccan economy feb e la VICKI could PUSHI escon de fred Dono Libero and Katri and manda to continu the fair exact amolom shows the exact Maolimem deputy imminis Libero who esqui focus a change a Becca nuvaun conservator, kip a coupe taxa and Pole liber No resource battier de lodge mount Renforce.
Speaker 12: Not tree economy. I fast was American.
Speaker 28: Audri nusavan La pier Quissant's economic of Canada damilj said la pier m fla imbo le Pierre mbetmint familial billion de dol devis desment vellies pezzuni. After the Lost Liberal decade, Canada has had the worst economic growth in the G seven, the worst housing price inflation in the G seven, the worst household debt in the G seven, and a half trillion dollars of net investment has poured out of our country into the United States. No wonder Donald Trump wants the Liberals elected for a fourth term. Happily, Donald Trump doesn't get to choose our next prime minister. Canadians do, and they want change. They want change, to turn the page. But unfortunately mister Carney wants to stay on the Justin Trudeau's page. He supports every single policy that Trudeau put in place. He supported Trudeau in killing sixteen major energy projects worth one hundred and seventy six billion dollars. There are no new pipeline law, no new development law see six nine. Their cap on Canadian energy and their anti development policies have driven a half trillion dollars to the States, and mister Carney has publicly stated he wants to keep every single one of those policies.
Speaker 12: He will keep C.
Speaker 28: Sixty nine, the no development law, keep the energy cap on Canadian oil and gas, and keep the industrial carbon tax that will drive jobs south. And after just In Trudea doubled our national debt once again at Markcarney's advice, your tax bill has gone up to to pay off a liberal government's credit card. And now mister Carney is doubling down on the same failed Liberal policies. His ideological agenda will stifle development here in Canada, making us more dependent on the Americans than ever before on energy. He and his his Quebec lieutenant, the radical anti energy activist Stephen Gilblow, who's twice arrested for climbing up the c N Tower and then climbing onto the roof of the Alberta Premier's house, all to fight against energy.
Speaker 12: He's now.
Speaker 28: This is the guy that mister Carney has put in charge of Quebec. And mister Carney himself has said he wants to keep eighty percent of our fossil fuels in the ground. In the ground is where our wealth will remain. If he becomes Prime Minister again after this election, this radical environmental agenda is dangerous and risky. Mister Karney and the Liberals would deepen our weakness and push us further and downward towards recession. In fact, if you look at mister Carney, despite all the bragging he does about his resume, he's been wrong about every major economic issue of our time. He was wrong to support the carbon tax. He was wrong to oppose Canadian pipelines. He was wrong to say that inflation would not be a problem five years ago, and tocourage rampant money printing that led to mass misery in Canada and gave us thirty seven percent more food price inflation than they had in the States. Every important economic issue of our time has seen Mark Varney on the wrong side, and.
Speaker 12: Now he has no plan. A resume is not a plan. He hopes you don't notice that.
Speaker 28: In fact, Mark Karney's entire election strategy is to make you forget his record and the liberal record of rising costs and crime and focus instead on his promise that he can handle Donald Trump. That's an actual quote from him, But so far there's no evidence of that whatsoever.
Speaker 12: Look at the reality.
Speaker 28: While the rest of the world is getting pauses on Trump's tariffs, there are more tariffs on Canada today than when Mark Karney became Prime Minister. Now I'm not blaming mister Karney for that. He has no control over President Trump. But that's why he should stop promising that he does, because he can't. What we need to do is focus on what we can control, and that means reversing the disastrous liberal economic policies that he advised and Trudeau implemented with the help of all the Liberal ministers that are running for reelection for a fourth time. It's the same liberal MPs, same liberal ministers, same liberal advisors, with the same liberal results. We need a change in government with a new Conservative leadership that has a Canada First Economic Action Plan. It will be modeled in a lot of ways off the incredible success that Stephen Harper had in the O eight oh nine crisis, and that's why I'm rolling out that plan today. First, this plan includes tax relief. We will cut taxes on work, investment, home building, and energy to unleash production and paychecks here in Canada. We'll cut income taxes by fifteen percent for the average worker to save a working couple almost two thousand dollars. With more money in their pockets, Canadians will be able to spend at local businesses BOO, boosting employment in restaurants, corner stores, and hotels. Furthermore, we will ax the federal sales tax on new homes to save you up to sixty five thousand dollars. And yesterday I announced that we will work with municipalities to bring down local building taxes another fifty thousand dollars a home. The goal is to cut building taxes by one hundred thousand dollars per home so that these great workers behind me today can afford a place to live. That will stimulate construction, meaning more trades jobs and demand for Canada's lumber, which is being tariffed by Donald Trump. If we can build more homes here in Canada, we don't have to send our lumber to the Americans. We can create the logging jobs on our own turf. And to protect our auto workers, we'll ax the federal sales tax on Canadian made automobiles to create more demand for our homemade cars and allow Canadians and more affordable UH set of wheels to get around. Conservatives will train thirty five thirty three hundred and fifty thousand new apprentices over the next five years with an expanded union training and innovation program, and we will restore the four thousand dollars apprenticeship grant that the Liberals cuts. That means more good union jobs for our young people and more homes being built by our skilled trades persons. The people that build the homes will be able to buy them as well.
Speaker 12: We'll well.
Speaker 28: We'll also set up a Keeping Canadians Working Fund to provide emergency loans to manufacturers and others hit by the Trump tariffs, because we want to keep people in their jobs earning paychecks, contributing to Canada Social and nu vau plac on the MiGs Canada, that Po Metro Canada, Daval, la prosperitere Le vill anuvau Are and American Conserve in Primpe see the at a base Tampo, the grob sounds, the case post Sava Economize, just got thermil dor Apo and cooked moy and kit Travai Canada.
Speaker 12: Men shows paul an A and Therese n A. They pans on the count Mal.
Speaker 28: Economies, the mills, supplement An, the restaurant Creon Creon and plus de voue, the Nouvelle Maison a c the Municipal, the Coupel of Fred, the consulction.
Speaker 12: Not count Mal pour, Ensemble, Economy es Sam.
Speaker 28: And maison O Canada, hippop don atutomobile and vaou see teps So what's your fete O Canada, The cons for me Tis song Sian count Male Nuvo pronci coo, they signed proces and p compsabil the the Vetsy, the Cat, the cat Conti plus Danois Place, the pic, the pe A Pleuce, the concert although we see metelanois well, Soviet, the.
Speaker 12: Oh You're the Bois de letter, the Donald Trump.
Speaker 28: To make life more affordable again, we need to cut taxes and build homes. And to do this we need an ambitious plan to boost our productivity and grow our economy after the lost Liberal decade. My new Canada First Economic Action Plan will boost our economy by unlocking our resources, empowering our entrepreneurs, and unleashing our economy with realistic goal of of generating more GDP. We'll also pass the Canada First Reinvestment Tax cut, zero capital gains tax when you reinvest here in Canada. This will be like rocket fuel for our economy, causing money to pour back into factories, shipyards, new homes, business centers, and other places that generate paychecks for our people. All of these policies combined have been calculated to boost our GDP by half a trillion dollars spread over the next five years. This calculation has been done by Philip Cross, the former Statistics Canada Chief Economic Analyst, and doctor Tim Sargent, the former Senior ADM at Finance Canada who now is practicing as a PhD economist. These two revered economists have calculated these policies I've announced of cutting taxes on investment, work, home building, and energy plus repealing the anti resource law laws will unlock a half a trillion dollars an additional GDP spread over the next five years.
Speaker 12: This is money that will go into the pockets of our workers.
Speaker 28: This will build our economy back and fortify it against the Americans. It will also generate new tax revenue to fund schools, hospitals, and most of all are military to make us more independent.
Speaker 12: We will do this by unlocking our resources.
Speaker 28: We'll create a National Energy Corridor for pipelines, transmission lines, rail lines another critical infrastructure. We will preapprove projects through shovel ready zones. We will unleash more production with a one stop shop that safely and quickly approves resource projects with one app one page application form, one environmental review, and a maximum of one year wait time to get things approved, with the goal being six months. This means roads, mines, lerg terminals, hydro project and nuclear power stations. We'll back LNG two, the major project in northwestern British Columbia by allowing it to go ahead. This is tens of billions of dollars of new investment to ship Canadian gas over to Asia, displacing dirty coal, will back the port of Churchill shipping our wonderful petroleum projects, and we'll speed up the approval of Canada's incredible opportunity in the Ring of Fire, granting permits in only six months, will cut red tape by twenty five percent, and add a two for one rule that every new regulation must be met with the removal of two existing ones. The Canada First Economic Plan will be like rocket fuel for the Canadian economy after a century, a century after we built the well in Canal, and more than a decade after the great global financial crisis that Stephen Harper weathered so well with the incredible help of the late.
Speaker 12: Jim Flaherty, to whom we owe so much credit. We can do this again. We know that we can't.
Speaker 28: We know that we can turn the page on the lost liberal decade of rising costs and crime and a falling economy. We know that they don't deserve and we can't afford a fourth term. What we need is a change, a change that puts our country first and ch.
Speaker 12: Economy, the.
Speaker 28: Do me bllond, the pebay Adil's economy is calculated benefits.
Speaker 12: They politic.
Speaker 28: Camesa economy that maitroch knus is the economic This American a newt Donald Trump. That is how we're going to take back control of our economic destiny, and it is how we're going to supercharge Canada economy. But let's not forget the reason we want to supercharge our economy is not just so that economists sitting in lecture halls or accountants sitting in front of their spreadsheets can delight at impressive numbers.
Speaker 12: It's so that people's lives are better off.
Speaker 28: So once again, these workers here get a nice house with a yard where kids can play, where they can have a nice dog, where the the streets are safe, where the mortgage is paid off, where they're not stressed. At night, they go to bed with their head hitting the pillow, feeling a sense of peace and calm that they're on solid financial footing. That was the Canadian promise, to subtle promise to Canada, because in Belle that economic Canada Baba. That is the purpose of the Canada First Economic Action Plan. That is the reason why We're marching forward with these great workers. Is to bring back the promise of Canada.
Speaker 6: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at depictions dot media for more information.