Speaker 1: The FBI in Peace and War. Another great story based on Vederick Hill Collins copyrighted book The FBI in Peace and War, Drama, Thrills, Action, good night story, The good Boy.
Speaker 2: It is one day wept over there on the tention.
Speaker 3: Okay, Alex, pull up, all right, come on, leave him on a running.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you better, Hey, you'll always timed in.
Speaker 5: Let's kick him off of this.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, Hey, you'll wake up. Come on and come out up in your eyes?
Speaker 5: Huh, what do you want?
Speaker 2: And all bumbs aren't allut in the pocket night hunch.
Speaker 5: I'm no bums asking you.
Speaker 4: I've got a job, but just been celebrating.
Speaker 6: You list too much of you.
Speaker 7: There's a deal.
Speaker 2: Any Hush at your mop and get out of his park.
Speaker 5: Go on, feed it. Listen, right, you shut up.
Speaker 4: He'll show you what right, somebody's gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell me what ay, nobody's gonna tell you.
Speaker 5: Huh. Almost with each succeeding year, usually in the months of spring or summer, a new series of juvenile demonstrations are reported by the nation's press. More often than not, the demonstrations take a reasonably harmless form, but once in a while they break out with such a violent and incredible turn that responsible citizens everywhere are sickened and puzzled and rightly outraged. Such a series of demonstrations had it to start one night last year in the suburb of Millburgh. It was led by an eighteen year old schizoid with an unquenchable first for power. This young hoodlum, Danny Casey, was known to his parents, his neighborhood, his school, and even his parish priest as a real nice kid, a good boy.
Speaker 4: It was an excellent servant.
Speaker 5: Thank you Walley father, hen, oh boy, nice to see you young men at church.
Speaker 2: Alright's got a bad conscious, father, I'm one of the square himself with heaven.
Speaker 7: Daniel was a thing to say about your father, father, don't you believe one word of it?
Speaker 5: I rise a good boy like you said, Oh Danny, Yes, could I talk to you a few minutes?
Speaker 2: You sure?
Speaker 6: Father?
Speaker 5: I won't keep him long, keep him as.
Speaker 4: Long as you like, fam legends last twelve.
Speaker 5: You'll go in here, Denny anyway, sir.
Speaker 6: No sit dom, Yes, this will only take a minute.
Speaker 8: Father.
Speaker 5: If what I said about this isn't about that, and I know how devoted you are, brother, No, I want to talk to you about something else entirely. Yes, sir, Danny, you and I have been friends for a good many years. You were christened right here in this church. You made your first holy community here. I think I can count on your help if I asked for it, my help, that's right, son, I need the help of a boy who is outstanding in our community, someone all the other boys look up to us in example. Yes, sir, Now, Danny, you heard my son. You heard me say that some of our young people have formed gangs that are terrorizing our whole community. Yes, father, I did. I don't imagine you have any idea who these boys are, Danny me. Well, Na, sir, well, neither do I, nor for that matter, the police. But whoever they are, they must be stopped now before it's too late. Yes, sir, how Danny will you help me stop them? Me for the moment. All you have to do is keep your eyes in ear open and report anything you find out. Right, You can count on me, father, I knew I could. Danny, Well, I guess you can join your brother now. Thank you for hearing me out.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir, I mean salon, goodbye, Father Andrew. I'll do the best I can.
Speaker 5: I know you will, Dan goodbye, but he won Well you're here, goes little God laughing. Yeah, guarantee goes with it. Only.
Speaker 2: Let's round up the rest of the guys first. Still good to tell about the bunch of your listener. Okay, long as father Andrew still thinks you're a good little Danny good, I'm practically sprouting wings. He thinks I'm an angel, Roy, while you're here to help me an angel.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's find the others.
Speaker 2: Oh fa, all right, Danny, about cool up tonight? Grecle here yeah yeah in the back, nice five on the side.
Speaker 3: Pocket rink.
Speaker 5: I've been opening you sh what's that you're drinking? Rye Scott sit down for you all the same?
Speaker 3: You would rather have the cash.
Speaker 8: It's just uh cash you've got right there in that envelope to got it?
Speaker 4: I trust him. It's a greco.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe now I'll take you up on a drink.
Speaker 5: Say when sew it up? Save your arm later.
Speaker 8: Cud ye kud boy, Denny go on as the girls think so very cute.
Speaker 6: You know that's something I like, the.
Speaker 8: Way you upright you gets uh yeah, class are all right. I've been reading the papers just now Julio Gonzalez. Huh, golly's that bunny.
Speaker 5: At took care of last night?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: That was his name paper.
Speaker 2: So as long as you're satisfied, I'm satisfied only.
Speaker 5: Only why.
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Why well, I.
Speaker 2: Was just wondering why you got it into these bumps.
Speaker 5: That's none of your business. Okay, you would just do it like your toe.
Speaker 2: Well, no offense.
Speaker 5: I was just wondering, don't Okay, I'm sorry. That didn't mean to get worked out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure, I got something for you, A little present. Yeah, say you like it? Hey? Real fancy switch play? Just press a button? Mean looking, isn't it? Uh Like I'm in a handy and I'm gonna say You're okay, mister Gregor, thanks a lot.
Speaker 8: I got it, kid. You do things for me. I don't feel you just don't want it so much anymore. We get along, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm random to Stephens confidentially.
Speaker 9: Wire received from District forty four in reference requested by Governor of the State for bureau cooperation with local police and investigation of juvenile violence in Milburgh, plaiting instruction sign it Reynolds.
Speaker 5: Nadia Johnny Sad. What was that he said? I did not hurt. I believe he means bother anyone. I did not do anything. Ask him to try to calm himself and answer your questions. Explain that we came all away from Washington, from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. We want to help him. We want to find the gang that did this to him. Fried Steve.
Speaker 10: Quill Gonzales to Puetus Corrello, save you contesta miss peguntas Agent Stephens eo an do the Washington deal?
Speaker 5: FBI, Are you do mister Stephens better if we leave Agent Reynolds alone with Gonzales, of course, Dave, we'll be outside if he tells you anything, all right, See, shouldn't less than tell him to rest, Mister Reynolds, We'll be back when he's feeling better.
Speaker 6: I'll tell him.
Speaker 5: Well, mister Stephens, you see how it is. I'm afraid you're not going to get much satisfaction on that four soul. No, I'm afraid not. It's a brutal business. I'm certainly glad the FBI is here. We'll do what we can father and as quickly as we can. I'm sure of that. The plain fact is it can't be toosome. We understand that, and I don't only mean for the safety of potential victims. The community is really worked up over this. You mean people might begin to take the matter into their own hands. They very well might. Actually, you see, there are two main factions. One man feels that even hanging is too good for koodlands like this. Another man thinks, well, the other feels more humanly about it. Yes, if young people can act so viciously against the common good, there must be an underlying reason. Remove the reason and you remove the act. How do you feel, father, Well, frankly, there's something to be said for both sides. Depends a lot on the individual. But no matter how I or anyone else may feel, it's up to the courts and the court processed to determine. I'm sorry. I certainly didn't mean to start a sermon. That's all right. You've been awfully helpful, father, not at all. I only wish I were one last thing. Yes, perhaps I do lean a little toward what you call the more humane side. Oh, I don't believe there's no such thing as at that, boy, but I believe there are very few unless, yes, unless there's someone behind them. Yes, Agent Reynolds and I have discussed that. Any ideas father who that someone might be? No, none, But there've been several attempts over the past few years to discredit and dis track the local police. Now that might tie you night. I don't know the tenth by home, the gambling elements, spice. You know, ever since the police started to crack down, there's been some sort of trouble. Of course, it may not connect at all. I just thought i'd mention it. I'm glad you did. But whatever it is, I only hope you stop it in time. I've seen things like this mushroom before, mister Stevens. I only hope you stop it before it gets out of hand.
Speaker 8: You there, boy, set up now, looks Fry and step Lively. This is your great grand call. And then some my name, Oh, I've been called Johnny reb and I've been called Billy Yank. I'm a soldier Civil War. What you want to know about soldiering march? Oh, we did a plenty, both heavy marching order and light marching order. See light marching order meant we was to march only with musket, ammunition, haversack and can and be ready for working or for fighting.
Speaker 5: Well, that was nothing. It was the heavy marching order we didn't like.
Speaker 8: Ooh, that meant carrying everything you owned on a long march to the next field of battle or else a new camp. There was never enough water and sometimes we wouldn't have us nothing to eat for a whole day, and us in our heavy woolens carrying fifty or sixty pounds on our backs, trudging down dusty roads in the summer and muddy ones in the winter. Still it was something to see. First there'd be the adjutant, then the scouts, then the band and drum corps, then the colonel and the lieutenant colonel, then the two surgeons and the hospital knapsack carrier. Yeah, we was quite a side, I tell you, even though some of us didn't have shoes and straggled a bit sometimes. Now now, you boy, you got shoes special build to last, and if you watch yourself, blame that. They don't help protect your feet from frostbite and things like that. But what's really important. Lots of times you've got trucks to carry your gear and you too, for which you can thank your lucky stars and stripes. Oh, believe you me, son, it takes more than just men and guns and generals to make you an army. It takes knowing somebody's thinking about your turned old feet and you're aching back like that good transportation corps. You've got danged if it don't.
Speaker 2: Hey, Alice Fallow, but look what I father, ah Ry, where's your manners?
Speaker 5: Asked?
Speaker 2: The young ladies said they don't want to ride a lot of girls. The carriage awaits without without what without girls?
Speaker 4: Why walk when you can ride?
Speaker 2: And I have a laugh a minute, Come on something at night like this. It's dangerous to be out along without men like us to protect you.
Speaker 4: Please leave us alone.
Speaker 6: We want to walk and.
Speaker 4: We want you to ride.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not asking you, I'm telling you the pout of you. Hop in, promister Crekor.
Speaker 6: You want to see me go to do.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry it took so long getting here. I've been a little busy.
Speaker 4: Can't mind if I helped myself a finger this night, Scotch.
Speaker 3: I mind very much.
Speaker 5: The idea.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you the idea.
Speaker 4: No sum that said.
Speaker 5: Nothing to what I had to though. Nothing's got into you, mister Gregor. I'll kill me those baby blues. You don't know what's got anime what this god anime? I read the papers, don't I.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great publicity.
Speaker 5: Huh, great publicity. You know what that kind of publicity can get us, don't you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think maybe I do. You're gonna have to.
Speaker 5: Pay for this cleaning, mister Greco, You crazy little punk?
Speaker 6: Who told you a thing like this? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Trouble with you, mister Gregor?
Speaker 2: You think small?
Speaker 9: Now me?
Speaker 2: I think big?
Speaker 6: Big?
Speaker 1: You ca Hi checking a couple of body soxes.
Speaker 2: Up the street, think I'm big, Maybe bigger than having kids beat up helpless old bumbs for a ten arm like Lucky Beerman.
Speaker 5: Huh? Who told you? That's a lie?
Speaker 2: A priest? But you'll never believe it? Now, I should have played ball with me, Greco. I thought you were a guy hated bums, and all the time you were stugent for Lucky.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you're talking about. I do hate bums. I don't even know Lucky.
Speaker 8: Uh huh uh, Daddy, why have you got those two girls tied up nice and snugs ware hush and a man a cigar?
Speaker 6: Let him go.
Speaker 2: I'll leave that to Lucky Beerman. I got an idea who'll be kind of pleased maybe take care of me too.
Speaker 5: You think I'm going a lucky No, I don't think I'm through dealing, not the I don't need.
Speaker 1: You no more.
Speaker 5: Look you, it's time. Maybe you've got something straight. You take your orders from me and me only? Oh what?
Speaker 2: Oh what grego I've been anxious to try this ever since you gave it to me.
Speaker 5: May come in handy, you said, maybe this is the time. Hey kid, what is this? Two pairs can't have a friendly this agreement? Sure they can't.
Speaker 2: I just wanted you to get something straight, like you wanted me. As long as we understand each other, that's fine. I don't take orders from you anymore.
Speaker 5: Saint Cecilia, church father Andrew speaking? Father? What he? Who is our fault?
Speaker 1: Father?
Speaker 5: Is this group?
Speaker 2: Don't?
Speaker 5: I can't hear?
Speaker 6: Ruth?
Speaker 5: Where are you? Are you all right? Ruth? Why are all right?
Speaker 2: Telling's all hysterical now, but a man? Let us go, Please.
Speaker 5: Tell us I can't talk with her father?
Speaker 2: Wait for will you? I'll tell you about we get there. Wait, force, please.
Speaker 4: Come on, let's go say hey aswell? Of course I fellas this right? Of course? What do you say?
Speaker 5: As?
Speaker 6: Where were we singing?
Speaker 2: I don't know, okays Drey signs dear, O, what welcome?
Speaker 5: Not me? Not me?
Speaker 3: I was, okay, you're another ready vishal sho.
Speaker 5: I'm going to open up the door.
Speaker 2: We want to make a nice impression on the lady.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, boy said.
Speaker 5: Open up.
Speaker 2: Then all brands and says to me the ladies wait with him, my friends within within the world. You know what we need a writer, that's what we need.
Speaker 4: The class room.
Speaker 6: You will do, Danny.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Alex.
Speaker 2: Why don't you untie on tape our female coming attractions?
Speaker 4: And I will one time on tap the body of the liquid refreshment. Meanwhile, boy, do I speaking.
Speaker 5: On a Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Danny just spreads that flash olier.
Speaker 4: But yeah, sure, said Alex. Would like to be Danny.
Speaker 8: You have a friend come to.
Speaker 5: About to be untied, so you can tie.
Speaker 4: One on the very body killed, but nobody laught. Daddy was flashed. Okay, okay, here this I don't know. It's a lovely lady.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid you're all going to be disappointed.
Speaker 5: Your guests, Savannah won't be able to make it.
Speaker 9: What is this?
Speaker 4: How did you get here?
Speaker 5: That doesn't matter much, does it? What matters is this warehouse is surrounded by the police and the FBI.
Speaker 4: What FBI.
Speaker 5: They wanted to take you, possibly if necessary. I asked for one minute with you alone. They weren't too keen on the idea, but I told them you'd all be sensible and surrender without further violce.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait a minute, hard, you got this strong.
Speaker 4: I've been working on watch.
Speaker 6: I haven't got it wrong, Danny. The only thing I had wrong was well, that doesn't matter how you grecor.
Speaker 4: It was Grecor, Daniel. I told you that.
Speaker 6: Last, Danny. They're only waiting one minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Come on, tell us a sparachade, that door, A door, A sparachase, Danny, don't you Oh?
Speaker 6: The've got is comeling gone.
Speaker 4: We haven't a chance.
Speaker 2: We got us out a week since one can't the four of us.
Speaker 4: Take them off.
Speaker 5: Your friends are right, Danny, and I'll listen to them. It's the only way out for you.
Speaker 2: You shut up here, Danny, shut up like boy, shut up you hear me.
Speaker 6: The rest of you boys, I'm going out now, come with me.
Speaker 4: We're coming, Father, jan Nobody moves to step nobody, Danny. We can hold father Andrew here the FBI won't do a thing as long as we hold him.
Speaker 6: I'm walking out, Danny.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're not. You're not walking anywhere now, Danny, don't tell me no. First step you'll make fight of this blade goes right through your middle. Danny talk like that.
Speaker 6: He doesn't mean it.
Speaker 4: Father, Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: I mean it. He doesn't.
Speaker 4: Don't try me.
Speaker 6: That's all I'm going to try you, Denny. I'm walking out that door right now.
Speaker 4: Don't try it.
Speaker 6: I'm going first. Boys, you follow up to me.
Speaker 4: I'm morning here for the last time. Don't make a move.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry for you, Denny. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 4: Stop by the way. I mean it. Take one more step.
Speaker 6: You can still change your mind. Walk out with me.
Speaker 4: I'm wanning you now. I'm warning you. Don't take another Stepfather stop me.
Speaker 5: Means I'll be outside Danny waiting.
Speaker 6: Don't stop.
Speaker 4: I'm warning you, please stop.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 6: Mister Stephen's over here.
Speaker 5: Father, You're all right. I'm all right. You can go in now. There won't be any trouble you can go in.
Speaker 6: This land is your land.
Speaker 4: This land is my land.
Speaker 5: This land was codfish and beans. John L.
Speaker 7: Sullivan and Fred Allen Harvard and mit. As unrelated as these things seen, they all have something in common.
Speaker 5: They are all.
Speaker 7: Important parts of our American heritage, and all native to Massachusetts. But more than the home of food and fighters, Massachusetts has been the home of liberty and freedom since sixteen twenty, when the Pilgrim Fathers arrived on the Mayflower to make the first permanent white settlement at Plymouth, and the home of three United States presidents, poets such as Longfellow and novelist Herman Melville. But Massachusetts is still more. It's summers at Martha's Vineyard are.
Speaker 5: On the Cape.
Speaker 7: It's standing on the bridge at Concord and watching the Middlesex farmers take up arms in April of seventy five. It's Boston's famous department store, not by Lean's but Raymond's.
Speaker 2: Why yabakpahat Massachusetts.
Speaker 7: Is the biggest tea party in history, and the tidy chickadee, The hush of winter's first snow falling on the old North Church near the Commons, and the bloom of the mayflowers almost before the last snow milk. Massachusetts is many things to many people, to all Americans.
Speaker 5: It's the birthplace of our nation. With the apprehension of Danny Casey and his gang, the wave of terror ended In Milburgh. Nick Greco was identified by the girl victims as the man who released them, but he was nevertheless indicted and eventually brought to trial along with Lucky Bearman. Both were given long terms in prison. The fate of Danny and his gang was left to juvenile court, where a trio of judges decided in favor of a corrective institution, with rehabilitation the ultimate goal. Dan Casey's neighbors no longer refer to him as the good boy.
Speaker 9: This is the United States Armed Forces radio and television service.
Speaker 5: Of the
Speaker 3: P