Speaker 1: You'll bear.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good one because we have Jason Bonelli on the show. Jason, how are you doing? Recovering? That's how I'm doing.
Speaker 3: It was a crazy, crazy weekend of video games. Video games definitely happened this that they happened. There was very many video games, but a lot of great things to talk about. I will have, as I was saying in the pre show, fifteen previews across three different.
Speaker 1: Websites, artists, working Man and video games.
Speaker 3: Everybody not there, No I'm not that's obviously Phil Spencer. But h yeah, So fifteen across three different websites, got a lot of cool stuff we can talk about. One embargo just went up as we began, and we'll definitely get into that a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what, let's let's uh, let me see here. Let's should we get anything out of the way, you know what, No, let's just talk about it now. We'll do the spiel here in a second. Oh, we could talk about capcom stuff. So Yepout had a little bit of a presence, and by a little bit, I mean the biggest presence at Summer Game Fest. They definitely were like the anchor right, They kind of made the whole thing makes sense. At a certain point, it was all I mean, I loved so many games I saw there, but at a certain points, like everyone else, everyone else bringing out their games kind of is justified by Capcom going and you'll get to see Resident Evil as well. Yes, makes everyone's trip a little bit more worth it. And we did get to see Resident Evil requiem. I think both you and I got to watch it played in a video. There were some people that got to go hands on with it. They played the same thing that we saw, So it's you know, kind of for purposes of I don't know, do they still do the Judges Week stuff? I have no idea, but yeah, we saw that, we saw Pragmata, and we saw some Annie Musha.
Speaker 1: Where do you want to start? Should we just let's start with Anni Musha?
Speaker 3: Maybe? Yes? I thought that. See first, when that first trailer came out, I thought they're going to go full like Dark Souls Ony Musha with this. But and I kind of worried about that because from Soft and I don't really get along.
Speaker 1: It's a lot a little bit more from Soft, just a tiny bit. Yeah, not much.
Speaker 3: You still have the I love the whole countering thing when they showed him just standing there surrounded by enemies and you're just holding the block button and he just going like he's blocking here, he's blocking behind him. That was awesome. But no, I really liked what I saw there. I like the combat, I like the story that they're telling. I like that really like really sleazy looking dude that comes after you're right at the end there, I can't wait to kick his ass. It's yeah, I'm very much digging what they showed us of that to the point where I'm a little more confident in it after my initial potential from soft style worries. I really really dug it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I thought it looked really style issue, right, that.
Speaker 2: Sort of flamboyant enemy that had just like a really awesome style to him really made me want to get in there and be like, Okay, I can't wait to see what else is going on with these enemies. Just a lot of character, a lot of personality, and and then You're right, it just it looked fantastic. I'm I'm always gonna kind of pop when the when Maffune shows up and anything, and then basing this character's visual style on Toshiro Maffun.
Speaker 1: I think it's right. That looked awesome just all around. Like I always had an appreciation for Ani Musha from a distance, I've never really played much of those games. Seeing this made me.
Speaker 2: Want to go back and like check out that Ani Musha too remastered that they've released recently, and I think there's a I think there's a collection of one and two on the switch.
Speaker 1: I'm like, God, that'd be a.
Speaker 2: Fun thing to have on the switch too, if I can make some time for it. But I'm definitely looking forward to this one. This is it's Aye Musha Way of the Sword. Is that that's the name of the game, I believe. Yeah, So it looked really promising, looked really cool, and then we've got to play Pragmata.
Speaker 1: It exists. It exists.
Speaker 2: It's a real game, which I'm I'm a little disappointed by. I always love having our deep downs. I always just love having a game. I can always joke about it that never came out. Isn't that funny? And you know, I'm talking to people and like I bring out Pragmata and I'm like, it's not like deep down. Brad Shoemakers and me like, yeah, deep down, it's like yeah, is that Like He's like that's what I always think of too, and it's like yeah, right, isn't that the kind of thing that they enjoy having? But we played it and I thought this thing is really cool. I really you were telling me about it and then went to go play it, and it was kind of like, following what you're saying, I'm like, okay, so there's like a puzzle mechanic in the combat, and that's exactly what it is. There's a hacking mini game that you sort of need to do to bring down the shields of these you know, automaton enemies that have this digital shield around them, and you have like this little girl and this little girl android on your back that has magical powers that can bring down that shield. Basically, she's just hacks them and it's a little hacking mini game where you're moving. It's kind of like a slide puzzle, not really, but you're just trying to do a pathway through this grid, and the more blue tiles you move the thing through to get to the green tile, the Memori'll take down their shields.
Speaker 1: It's really basic.
Speaker 2: But I think it's a really cool thing to sort of make the combat feel even more engaging.
Speaker 1: I was into it. How did you find pragmata?
Speaker 3: I agree one hundred percent. I feel like without that, it's just a generic third person shooter, right, So to add this little extra wrinkle, and like as they're approaching you, if you're messing up this puzzle, it gets really really tense, like when they're in your face and you're right at the end and it finally breaks, especially with that one big guy who just kind of like jumped on you when he first showed up right before I went in there, and maybe this sort of framed my reference. I saw Alissa Mrconte who said to me, it's third person shooting, but there's going to be a hell diver's element and you're not going to expect it. And essentially it's calling for reinforcements. Right, you have to press the right buttons in the right sequence, only this time you're following the path triangles up Ex's down, circle is right, square is left, and you're trying to follow that whole thing.
Speaker 2: It was cool because it's like there would be some like these gray cells that you couldn't go through and they would create just a little bit of a roadblock, so you'd look at it really quick. It's like, wait, so if I go down and I sort of spiral my path all the way around to avoid that, I could still get all of these blue tiles and then ramp back around to finish on the green tile.
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh, I just.
Speaker 2: Felt a little clever, which is a great feeling to have in the middle of combat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I wonder how complicated that's going to get. I could see bosses having either a bigger grid or a more of those blocking nodes, so you have to follow the set path, right, but one of those things where like I think of like a one of those stages in a two D platformer where you have to like duck underneath to dodge the things that are always coming from one direction. So like maybe the blue note is down here, so you go down, you scoot, you wait, and you go back up and you and then like that kind of challenge. There's definitely ways to iterate on it to make it seem less monotonous as you get through the rest of the game, so I can see where they can build on it. I kind of as long as the story is interesting, I kind of like their vision. Like I'm not I'm not like, oh wow, what the hell's going on with prag MODA. I'm like, Okay, PRAGMDA, I see what you're doing here. Pretty pretty cool exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that first trailer forever ago, five plus years ago, I was like, well, it looks like they're trying to be a little Kojima, And now that I don't feel that way anymore. Now it's just cool looking sci fi game with a combat system that has just a little salt put on top to keep it make it a little bit more flavorful, which is maybe all I really need. Yeah, because you know, I enjoy shooting in a video game. Give me a little bit more to do and I'll be happy. Yeah, that's right. That turns out to be exactly the case. And Weird Capcom weird Capcom is good Capcom. Last time we got weird Capcom, we got Kanisagami and that's great exactly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean even Exo Primal I really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: That's a really good seven out of ten, and h like, I'll take more of that. And I think PRAGMDA has a good chance of being even better than that, although, although if it's in that seven to eight out.
Speaker 1: Of ten range, and you know, what are numbers? Who cares?
Speaker 2: But seven, seven, eight out of ten in that range, I'll be like, oh, fantastic a new capcom game. That was pretty fun and interesting, and then hey, we're still getting the Resident Evils and monster Hunters.
Speaker 1: And speaking of.
Speaker 2: Resident Evil, Resident Evil Requiem, the Q is a nine.
Speaker 1: It was scare now the Q is a nine. I think I believe that was a subtitle.
Speaker 3: I think I saw you right after I got out of there, and the way I could describe it best, that trailer was clenching my ass for thirty minutes. That's basically what it was I was seeing in the theater going and I can prove it if you go to the RI Games Instagram. They posted a montage of fan reactions. Those motherfuckers were recording us as we were watching this.
Speaker 2: They got me nodding off during one of those things because it was too comfortable in there and I was falling asleep.
Speaker 3: The first clip you see is like Maximilian dude, and uh Simmons is right next to him, I think, and then right over his left right over his right shoulder is just me going so yeah, So it was, uh, oh my god, they wow. It's so I left in two minds, terrified and very curious about what's going on. Why is she in an old timey hospital?
Speaker 1: How old?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Why is why is that the thing? Who is this hulking mammoth? I have an idea who that hulking mammoth is? I don't know if I talk to you about that, but yeah, there's like lower implications that I'm like, and as scary cat as I am with horror games, Resident Evil, it's always been one that's really fascinated me. So to hear the name Ashcroft and reference Outbreak, to see this hulking behemoth female clearly a female because the way the hair looks, and I don't know if I don't know if the coublic's going to get to see it. So I'm trying to be a descriptive like yeah, it was just.
Speaker 2: Like, so the thing is up, but is there like are they going to post that trailer or that gain?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I have I have a couple of thoughts based on Again, I was talking to Maximilian before we went into the theater, and he had some thoughts, some theories about the trailer and what it shows and why it's showing it, and just really really interesting theory crafting stuff that has my gears turning. But yeah, man, holy crap. They have the mood, they have the they have the the the scare, the scare factor, and I think this is obviously and border goes up so we can talk about this. They have both first and third person especial it on the fly Beau. They ended it so they showed us this.
Speaker 2: This long sequence in first person of a big, tall, scary lady following us and chasing us down that she's the big monster at least in this sequence.
Speaker 1: Through what, like you said, I think, looked like a hospital.
Speaker 2: And then the way they finished it is going into the menus and it's going from first person going over to third person, and then it just looks like Resident Evil for Like it's over the shoulder. It looks exactly like Resident Evil for in terms of perspective. And then it seemed to imply like, yeah, this is not just like, oh, we're an option, like the secondary option it is. It seems to be a completely viable way to play this game.
Speaker 1: If that's what you prefer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody in Chad asked what my T shirt was. It's Yuri from Street Fighter six and Tony Store from oili at Wrestling. But yeah, yeah, just some some wild, wild stuff, And I think that's awesome. I think the fact that you can switch between first and third is good. That's a that's an accessibility thing that I think not many people think about. Motion sickness is a thing. I had a regular backed when I worked in the retail gaming trenches who was so motion sick by first person, could not watch someone else play it. It was that bad. So that that person is now able to enjoy Resident Evil nine after not being able to enjoy seven and eight until they added those thirst person third person excuse me modes later on, isn't he? I'm glad that they're able to do that.
Speaker 1: Did you say thirst person?
Speaker 3: I did that? Sorry, that was Resident Evil eight. That was the thirst person, thanks, Lady D.
Speaker 2: I So I also get the idea there is a lot more to this game than even we saw. Like they saw, absolutely it was an uninterrupted well there were some cuts, but it was mostly like a gameplay sequence, all the same vein of like this, you know, Grace in this hospital getting trased by this one character, this one enemy character.
Speaker 1: Like that's what we saw.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we didn't see any idea of like, oh, is there something outside of this hospital?
Speaker 1: Is this? You know? There's no more too? Are there other characters?
Speaker 2: And there's definitely a lot of speculation online that I think is like pretty onto something where it's like they are probably going to be bringing back some other characters and stuff like that, and I'm ready to see what happens.
Speaker 3: With that so quick, like TLDR of the conversation I had. So in this trailer, it makes a point to show you as much of this decimated Raccoon City as possible, which implies some sort of non linear experience, open world sort of deal. It also makes a point to show you the forest around this decimated Raccoon City. Hey, Resident Evil fans, what's out there? Yep? Spencer Manson's out there?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And then who was in Spencer Manson and the Resident Evil remake? You may remember this person with bars around their hands. I think that's who the big lady is. Yeah, nine, I think it's Lisa Trevor. So there you go. That's my that's my spin off, you know, tinfoil hat theory. We'll see if it comes.
Speaker 2: Up, Yeah, exactly, and it's uh, I think there would be. There would be some characters, it would be really fun and kind of funny to force them to go back to Raccoon City. So uh yeah, yeah, I'm like kind of just ready to see all that. And I don't know, I'm speculating like everyone else, so let's see what happens, but very encouraged by what I saw. I would probably like describe it in terms of scary level as it's closer to Resident Evil seven than anything else, maybe turned down like one notch Uh. It wasn't as completely petrifying to me as I found President Evil seven to be, but it was definitely closer to that than even like eight, and yes.
Speaker 3: Anything else trying to straddle that line. I feel like eight was a little more action or except for the place and the dollhouse, yeah, the dollhouse sequence. But I think nine's going to try and be like maybe more half and half sort I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to it. February twenty seventh, is that that's the date for that, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, twenty seven of twenty twenty six, that's how I had it in my brain. I think that's right.
Speaker 2: Now, and yep, that'll be right as the thirtieth anniversary is happening basically, right, Yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right around it, yep, because I think that's in March.
Speaker 1: So very very very cool.
Speaker 2: I was glad we got to see it and the Capcom really brought it man, really like kind of thank god for Capcom at a certain point, really making it feel like some third party publishers still have this shit figured out.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, I was impressed by that.
Speaker 2: All right, Jason, let's explain what we do here. Giant bomb dot com, slash Join. You can do that to get ad free shows and support us if you like what we do. We're just an independent team that's trying to make video game coverage still makes sense in twenty twenty five. Lots of people have helped us out, but we could always use a lot more help and do stuff like we did with GB at Night, where we went out into LA and had a bunch of night shows and had a ton of panels of really cool people talking about how they feel.
Speaker 1: About video games and all this stuff. It was a really good time.
Speaker 2: Really, that's only that only works with your support, So go to giant bomb dot com slash join and help us out.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: As far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb, will help peace.
Speaker 1: Your gaming life back together.
Speaker 2: That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning mess with switch To has become the fastest selling home console of all time in just four days.
Speaker 1: This is from Darren bombf Use at Spot.
Speaker 2: In less than a week, the new switch To consoles become the quote fastest selling hardware globally for Nintendo, as the company reported three point five million units were sold in just four days. Fans around the world are showing their enthusiasm for Nintendo. Switch To is as an upgraded way to play at home and on the go. Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser said in a press statement following the announcement of the sales milestone. We are thankful for the response and happy to see the fun they are already having with the Nintendo Switch to as they explore new features and games that bring friends and family together in new ways. In comparison, the Switch reach two point seven four million units sold in its first month, and Sony reported that it had shipped, not sold, three point four million PS five consoles during the first month it was available to purchase. Obviously, Jason, A big part of this success is a manufacturing success, right or a logistical success of just being able to get that many consoles into retailers, into the supply chain in four days, like that is kind of It's kind of nuts that, you know, all these other consoles like could barely crack three million, or you know, PlayStation five three point four.
Speaker 1: Million in a month.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Nintendo waiting kind of holding things back, letting a damn build up of supply and unleashing it all at once. Was it seems like a really successful idea, and now it just feels like there is a critical mass of Switch twos out there for you know, developers that want to release games right now in this moment. It was it just seems like it has really worked. But how how do you think the.
Speaker 1: Launch has gone so far? As from your point of view.
Speaker 3: From a personal standpoint, I forgot the switch to launch because we were so busy in summer games events. But from a from a you know, top down perspective, this is they they had it figured out. They had it figured out from the get go. We were all worried about nothing. The fact that they had to delay their their price announcement because of the you know, accentuating circumstances surrounding it. That was just you know, that gave us extra fears and concerns that ended up not being true. And they whatever, however, they stockpiled it whatever. Like you said, they just let it, you know, break up behind the barricade and let the damn burst. On June fifth, they figured it out, and that number is only going to go up. I got an email. I guess best Buy forgot that. I bought mine from them because I got an email saying restocks were coming soon. I don't need to best BUYE. I stop it. At least I got to Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Had a pre order left over from my best Buy here that so when I was out in La, I went to a best Buy and got one, and then I came back home and I had the last pre order sitting in the store, and they must have been like looking at it, been like who who? Like, my name's right on it on the sticker, Jeff Grebb. They're like, who's this guy? Why is Then he picked up a switch too, so they must have like either looked in the system or like googled my name or something, because I went there like we saw you were in La picking up a switch to.
Speaker 1: Him, like what the fuck you mean?
Speaker 2: And they didn't really explain it beyond that. So I'm like, oh, I'm just gonna get my switch to and get out of here. But yeah, I got the last one there and it was and now now that I have to, I'm like, I'll figure out some giveaway for this other one. I think, so looking forward to that. But yeah, you're right, it kind of like happened in such a weird week. It was easy to get distracted. But I am like looking forward to like finding the time to really just play a ton of this on Giant Bomb and cover all the stuff, and at the same time it's like, yeah, there's it really is kind of Mario Kart is the big new thing and there's not much else to talk about in terms of like obvious marquee titles.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, the one of the switches biggest hallmarks was its indie presence, and I think that hasn't quite got there yet with the switch to which is to be understood, right, the biggest companies are going to get the demo units before the dev units, before the smaller indies are going to get it. That's just common sense, but I yeah, it is. It is a Mario Kart and pals at the moment, the rest of them being ports. I think Cyerpunk runs great. I think street Fighter six runs great. I think Knitzagami runs great. Shout out to Kentinzagami. I'm gonna say that name every segment this you watch, or to say it every time. But yeah, I'm happy with it so far. It's exactly what I expected it to be. I think I will feel better about it in a month once once a Bonanza hits and we finally have our first original. Not that Mario Kart's not an original, but it's you know, it's it's made for the switch to Nintendo Adventure. I don't think it's going to be a game that sells consoles per se, but it's going to be the upgraded switch to experience. Yeah, exactly, that's that's the one. So now I just think we're in our first month holding period. We're just trying to get some some other games, trying maybe to find that little under the surface sort of like that Survival Kids. I haven't had a chance to try yet. I'm curious how that's working out. The GameCube stuff is going to hold me as well. The fact that I get to play win Waker again is great. Anytime I can boot up Soul Caliber two is a good day. And uh yeah, so it's it's right where I think it would have been or should have been, right in my expectations so far. I will say, though, I have to say holding it feels nice. It is it just premials, It's got some weight, it's got some some oof to it. I really enjoy the way that it feels in my hands, that the way.
Speaker 1: The joy cons just pop in.
Speaker 2: I really prefer that. I saw someone saying they prefer sliding it down the rail, and like, I guess I enjoy that action of like sliding the JOYCN onto the switch one, but then the way it actually felt when it was connected really was poor. I've talked about that a bunch before, so how I feel about you know, this version, it is definitely better.
Speaker 3: Someone put on blue Sky. I assume that someday the novelty of the magnet latch latching will become less novel, but today is not that day, and I still feel that way a week later. It's just very It's very nice, and I'm with you on that. I'm with you on the like you'd slide it in on the rail and you would hear the sound that it registered that it was there. But it's still kind of felt like like this way it had a little now no boom, sits right in there, feels good. I am from a from a feel perspective. I am very happy.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And I had a Game Informer in chat on YouTube yon Game of Former subscriptions back up, so you can get that magazine.
Speaker 1: Make sure you got over there, everybody.
Speaker 3: Uh, I did. I did it while I was at Summer Games Fest, and not because Marcus STEWARTT was looking at me funny. I just did it because I wanted to promise.
Speaker 2: He was very threatening. He he did like that I want to say hello everyone a gun point.
Speaker 1: But it was pretty close to that. Uh, that was It was great to see Marcus, was great to see everyone. Uh we sure, you know, let's let's keep going here.
Speaker 2: Some other kind of switch stories, Uh forget the PS four Coe Techno recons switch to is closer to an Xbox Series SS from Jim Norman at Nintendo Life. They say that the comparison that comparison is the Thief of joy con Oh my god, Jim Norman, Jesus Christ, what are you doing? We got a I'm gonna call the police, or something along those lines. But ever since switched to is Reveal, people have been clamoring to work out how Nintendo's latest machine stacks up against other consoles on the market. Before launch, the tech experts over at Digital Foundry suggested the console was roughly in line with Sony's PS four, but Koe Techmo has recently estimated that it might be even beef here. That is, according to producer Takudo at Agawa, who excuse me, in a recent interview with WCCF Tech about the upcoming switch to version of Wildheart's S estimated that switch To might be closer to the Xbox Series S in terms of raw computing power than Sony's last gen system. There are a lot of characteristics when it comes to raw computing power, so it's difficult to generalize. At Agawa told the outlet, but I think it could be thought of as closer to the Series S. Part of me is like, you know, it's easy to like talk these things up or just make a quick comparison, and really it doesn't matter. All that matters is actually the end result of how these games run on the switch to.
Speaker 1: But I get the sense that the thing is relatively.
Speaker 2: Powerful or like, compared to what my expectations were, it does seem pretty capable. And yet there's still a handful of games that I'm surprised don't run better, and those are mostly third party launch titles like Hitman, where I'm like, I think this should be at least forty frames per second, if not sixty frames per second, and it's kind of just running around thirty frames per second a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the times. So how are you finding performance? So far?
Speaker 3: I have yet to really see any issues in the games that I have played to the point where I'm like you, I think there's some untapped potential in here. Yeah, right now, whether that untapped potential only comes from the first party from Nintendo Games because they have the most familiarity with the tech, kind of like a PS five situation. I've always felt that PS five first party games are the only ones that take the most advantage of what that thing can do, like a ragnar Rock, know what I'm saying. So I think you might have that situation here with the switch too. But hearing this from Koe Techmo is pretty cool, right. It's good to hear that the third parties are thinking it's more powerful than they inspect it, because that might allow them to then experiment or iterate a little more than they normally would, whether it's a port or a brand new game that they're developing for the first time, and that may create some more innovations that make the games better, that make it that much better on switch to and if that carries over to other consoles, if it's one of those if support that's coming to all consoles, great. This is the kind of optimism you want to hear about a brand new console launch. This is something, there's something you want because you want other companies to hear this and support it, so you get the big third party ports or the weird third party ports like Kanitzagambi. So I guess what the next story it's even easier. So yeah, I like this. I like this optimism. I hope other companies are feeling the same way. And I feel like if this sort of trend continues in mindset, we can talk about sales all we want, but if the company's making the games have the mindset of oh there's a lot more we can play with here, that only bodes well exactly.
Speaker 2: And I think that that it seems to be the general sentiment of developers at the very least that it's easy to work with. You know, there's always the risk of this is a different architecture than the switch one Nintendo could have, you know, cheaped out on that and made it been like oh right, well you guys figure it out. And it doesn't seem that like that's the case again. You know, I think I would credit in Nvidia on probably making those tools easy to work with. It's in their interest to ensure that people are really happy with using a switch to DevKit that has Nvidia tools built into it, because in Vidio would like more people to take advantage of that stuff, you know, whether that's on PC or maybe in Nvidia spreads out to work with other companies in the future. At the very least, you know, they want to continue working with Nintendo for a very long time, and by the time we're done with this console, they'll be around the end of their agreed upon original contract, which was going to be twenty years. They'll be nearing the end of that, and they'll want to re update with with Nintendo, I'm sure at that point. So, but being a really strong partner is clearly going to be to everyone's benefit. And it seems like they've delivered on that here, and then you know, we get we get the fruits of that labor. We get to the games that actually are running pretty well on this switch to and now I'm like, God, this seems like a system from a handheld point of view that will easily be able to last this.
Speaker 1: Generation and maybe a little bit beyond all.
Speaker 2: Right, switch To version helps Street Fighter six reach major milestone for sales. This is from Jordan Midler, a VGC the Nintendo Switched To version of Street Fighter six has nudged the game over five million units in lifetime sales. Capcom has announced the fighting game, which was released in twenty twenty three on PS five, PS four, Xbox Series, x N S, and Steam, was one of two Capcom titles to launch alongside the Nintendo Switch To last week.
Speaker 1: Street Fighter six and.
Speaker 3: It's Gotta Be Pay for the Goddess, both.
Speaker 2: Released on Nintendo's latest Consolate launch. The Nintendo Switched To version of the game has pushed the latest entry in the legacy fighting game franchise over.
Speaker 1: Five million copies sold.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think Street Fight there's always one of those a series that feels like, oh yeah, that's easily the best selling fighting game.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's that's actually not the case. It's usually Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 2: Street Fighter, you know, rushes to three million sold every time. Sure, and then you take some time to get a little bit above that, but five million feels like a really good benchmark for them. If it can get past that, hey that's a successful street Fighter. So and then being able to take advantage of the switch to a platform on which Street Fighter six seems to run really well, like nothing but positive reception for that game in terms of how it performs and how it looks on that on that platform, to the point where I'm like, I should I should pick it up on there, even if it's just kind of a showcase of what the Switch Too is capable of. And that's that's one of the early games where we saw it and I was like looking at him, like that looks really sharp, looks really solid. You can kind of just tell that the switch to has other stuff going on other than a decent processor. It's got, you know, the Nvidia DLSS because those lines on these characters, you know, the edges were so crisp, like that's that looks like image we can instruction and like the really really good kind. And that seems to be exactly the case. So a game like this being able to take advantage of that stuff and then just like look comparable to the PS five version. Even obviously there are some graphical features turned off between this versus the PS five version, but when you compare those two side by sign you look at them from an image quality point of view, it's kind of like, oh, the switch to version really holds up very well. So Yeah, the game should sell well on the system, and people are going to be looking for games like this that take advantage of the hardware, and that's exactly what this is. So good for it and a street Fighter six still has a long future ahead of it, so hey, maybe maybe Switch Too could become one of its primary platforms.
Speaker 1: From that point of view, I.
Speaker 3: Could see it. And I think part of this too, this new sales figure, is that you get the people who bought multiple copies. Now they bought it when it launched in twenty twenty three round PlayStation, and now they have a new they're buying the Switch too. It's just a game they're familiar with to get with the console. I also thought it was smart that they made this Street Fighter six version include both years of DLC right.
Speaker 1: In the package. They could have not done that.
Speaker 3: They could have not done that, though, and that would have caused an uproar that they just wanted to avoid. So they were smart to do that. As you said, the future is bright with the third year of DLC announced on Friday. Kenny Omega is a treasure and that trailer was Fit's great, great way to do it, and the characters are cool. I kind of had a heart attack when I saw Ingrid. I can't believe she's back. And if you know your street Fighter and your Capcom you know why. That's so surprising. But great to see those characters back, and I love their cadence. Now they have four characters a year, split out almost evenly across three months, and it allows people to, you know, right when they start to get tired with the next character, the new one comes in and the patch comes with it. It's a very interesting way of keeping people in and interested, even those that aren't in the competitive scene. I think a lot of people in fighting games in particular, tend to immediately focus on what the competitive scene thinks because that's what's going to determine how they change things moving forward. And I don't know if that's necessarily the case, right They don't go too far into the casual either, ask the tech and films what's going on at the moment. They have to find that that that middle ground, and I think Capcom's doing a very good job with street Fighter six in doing so, and it's only going to get better. So this is cool. I'm glad to hear this. I'm glad to hear that even a Marquis franchise like this is still having this much success because this is what thirty five I was forty years old too, right Jesus Christ, I just said that out loud. So it's neat. It's neat stuff.
Speaker 2: God, It's like even if you only count Street Fighter too, it's still.
Speaker 1: About that old that suck years old.
Speaker 2: Ooofoof for do all right that you know that doesn't fly? Switch to news stories. Let's take a break, we'll come back. We'll get to the rest of the headlines right after this. If you don't want to see these, go to giant bomb dot com slash join and you get ad free, which we might hear about right now. This episode of Giant Bomb is brought to you by giant bomb dot com. Slash join us there, become a member. It helps us make fun stuff. It gets you add free content. It also helps us make some extras here and there that will give exclusively to you as members.
Speaker 1: It's giant bomb dot Com. Slash Join for ten dollars a month or one hundred dollars a year, where you save twenty dollars. You can support us in making all the cool stuff that we make over here at Giant Bomb once again. That's giant bomb dot com. Slash join become a member now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, breaking news, Jordan Miller of VGC, a new jumping flash game is in development or was in development for PlayStation VR. Geez, let's kind of take a look at this real quick Jumping, a new jumping flash game for PlayStation VR was in the early stages of development, but was canceled. According to shue Hey Yoshida, Well, that stinks. I kind of would have liked to have seen that.
Speaker 1: I bet.
Speaker 2: Also, although I think, just make a jumping flash game, it doesn't need to be PSVR. Speaking to VGC as part of an upcoming interview, former Sony executive reflected on the classic PlayStation titles that were remade as VR experiences, such as the forthcoming Luminous Arise, which was really fun. When the conversation shifted to other PlayStation franchises being considered for for VR adaptations, Yo should have revealed that a VR adaptation of the PS one called Classic Jumping Flash was in the very early stages of development. Some developers wanted to license Jumping Flash to develop it into a part of into a part of their new VR games Yo should have said, stopping short of revealing which developer was working on the game. One of the ones that was actually actually happened was the original creator of fant Division asked for the license and remade.
Speaker 1: It in VR for Fan Division. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, it doesn't sound like this is going to happen anymore.
Speaker 1: That's a shame. I think.
Speaker 2: I probably wasn't going to go get a PSVR two no matter what Jason Finelli. But I would have liked to have seen Jumping Flash return in any way whatsoever.
Speaker 1: That's a cool franchise to me.
Speaker 2: It's like when I think of early PlayStation when the first things that like flashes in my head is Jumping Flash Slash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Did you just want to say Knitsugami just to get it out of the way.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. No, this is not on the rundown. It's not part of the story. No, I have to say the roller coaster in chat when you went from oh new Jumping Flash was in development, there are some people mad at you, and.
Speaker 1: Now listen chat send it to me and I was just reading it live. So that's how it goes sometimes.
Speaker 3: Every So let Sony know what you want it, and maybe maybe team of Soobe will make it.
Speaker 1: That'd be nice, that would be fantastic. All right, let's get back to these stories.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to game mes Morning's I'm Jeff Grab that's Jason Fonelli.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Xbox is twenty fifth anniversary year will be quote really special, Phil Spencer said in an interview. This is from Blair Marnell at GameSpot. Next year will be the twenty fifth anniversary of the original Xbox, the system that marked Microsoft's entrance into the console wars. While Microsoft has yet to elaborate on how the company will celebrate that milestone, Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer has indicated that twenty twenty six will be really special for Xbox fans with returning franchises. When you think about Fable, when you think about Gears, when you think about Fortsa, I mean, these are franchises that have been really part of what makes Xbox what it is today, said Spencer on the official Xbox podcast The Xbox after the Xbox Game Showcase. And it's going to be a really nice lineup next year. I love the games that we've launched so far in twenty twenty five. I think as you already went through. We have a strong finish to twenty twenty five, and then when I look at twenty twenty six and our twenty fifth anniversary and the franchises that we're going to launch in that year, I think it's going to really be a special.
Speaker 1: Year for Xbox.
Speaker 2: Gears of War E Day is one of the Xbox titles expected to arrive in twenty twenty six, alongside Fable and a new forts A game. Last fall, Microsoft shared ambitious plans for the Halo franchise, but it's unknown if a new title in the franchise will arrive in twenty twenty six. It's possible that another remake or remaster of the original Halo will be released next year. Spencer's ate interview didn't mention whether next year's Marque Xbox titles will also include will also be coming to PlayStation five, although I bet they will decision to release Elder Scrolls for Oblivion remastered in forts A Horizon five on soon as console led to both of those games topping the PSN charts in April. Jason, I have included a list of games that like a small list of games. I don't know if this is comprehensive of stuff that we're still waiting on that I suppose could appear in twenty twenty six. You know, Fable and some of these other ones coming out in twenty twenty six makes it feel like, oh so Perfect Dark, ever Wild stated to K three, The Elder Scroll six, contraband Project Mara, all these things that feels like they might not even come out next year, which would be a little bit of a shame, especially Perfect Dark. It feels like that one's overdue, but I get the sense that that one is also still pretty far off. Do you think you know, Gears, Fable, Fortsa, that is going to be enough to make a twenty fifth anniversary year for Xbox feel quote really special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's three other marquee franchises since they started Fable one was Xbox, Gears was Xbox three, sixty Fortsa has been since the days of the original Xbox two. If you're going to try and lean on the nostalgia factor of a twenty fifth anniversary, you lean on the franchises that got you there. Halo is also one of them, but we don't know what's going on with mister Chief at the moment, so we'll see if maybe that surfaces at some point by the end of the year. Halo sounds like a Game Awards style announcement coming in twenty twenty six you know what I'm saying. So we have until the end of the year to figure that part out. Of all the games you just listed there, I think maybe a Perfect Dark sneaks in at the end of twenty twenty sixteen. Now I agree that it's probably still a little fought off, and twenty twenty seven is definitely a possibility. But of the games you mentioned there, that's the only one that we saw some substantial game playoff, You're right, and.
Speaker 1: That was last year.
Speaker 3: We saw that last Game Showcase, last year's showcase that they had the live viewing party at the Academy four right, that's where that trailer went off, and I thought that looked pretty decently ahead. Now with how much of a vertical slikes that was, we don't know, But I think of all of the games you listed there, besides Fable, which is in the list but was specifically mentioned by Phil Spencers, that's basically a nine to nine percent lock at this point. Perfect Dark would be the one ever wild if you if you're sleeping on ever Wild, You're never going to wake up. At this point, I think I'm not sure that stated the K three even exists. I don't even remember what Project Mare is.
Speaker 2: So the one from the people that did not help hell Blade, Yeah help, that's their next game, Ninja theories next game game, Okay, yeah, that well, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think we'll see that for a long long time, or if we do see it, we may we may have already seen it. They just changed the name and nobody noticed. But no, I think I think leaning on your strongest franchises throughout your history makes a ton of sense for this. I would not expect a game like a sequel to Kanizagami to show up.
Speaker 1: N there is. He found it out everybody.
Speaker 2: Ridge now, Jeff, I'm very curious to see how it happens for the rest of the show. Contra Band is one where it's like, yeah, we saw that Sandwich.
Speaker 1: Was that the one? No, maybe that was a different game.
Speaker 2: But there was that Steely Dan trailer that they played several years ago.
Speaker 1: Now we haven't seen anything since.
Speaker 2: That was a from Avalanche, I want to say, and they were going to partner with Xbox. A lot of those, a lot of those Xbox Partner games, like you know, that Wu Tang game was originally going to be an Xbox Partner game and it didn't show. It didn't show up at the Xbox thing, they didn't mention it. It was that summer game fest with with Jeff Kiwi. A lot of those things do seem to have fallen through one way or the other. I wonder if Contraband is in a similar situation.
Speaker 3: But we'll see, yeah, or maybe we'll ever see.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would have put Clockwork Revolution in that, in that Tier two, but then all of a sudden it goes the longest trailer the Xbox Showcase, So that's probably coming sooner than later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Exile does seem to like be one of those workhorse studios for micro stuff. I think the thing with Clockwork Revolution was it seemed way bigger than anything they've done before in terms of like assets and like just the scope of the game, and so it's like it would have been easy to guess like that's one we don't see for you know, three more years, because it's probably causing them a bunch of headaches but yeah, they made big promises. They did a big talk for that one, so I'm kind of ready to see if they could.
Speaker 3: Walk the walk.
Speaker 2: But yeah, look, I think Xbox is in a previous decent place in terms of how they are releasing games. Avowed was was really good, Indiana Jones was really good. I'm looking forward to the stuff.
Speaker 1: They have for this year. Yeah, The Midnight was really solid. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So it's like they have found a pretty decent footing with the Coup when it comes to actually putting out games that people care about, where they just didn't have that before. So they've solved a lot of those problems. Did that, you know, turn things around for the Xbox console hardware business?
Speaker 1: No, but they're over that now. That's that's old news.
Speaker 2: So as we get through the end of this year and going to next year, do I have faith that they'll be able to maintain that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 2: Do will they take the next step up, the next step forward in terms of like, Okay, now, like clearly every game they're putting out is a nine out of ten.
Speaker 1: Uh No, I really don't expect that. But that's okay. I'm that you don't need to do that give me.
Speaker 3: Some solid games. I don't think that's or anyone's aspiration should be that's one of those things like find the next pilatro. No, just make good games and if people attach them, they attach them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, And then at Daboy jerrys just can't wait to pay eighty dollars for Outer Worlds too. You know, that was a big talk a point while we were out in SGF. A lot of people online were having that conversation because that got revealed. Do you have any feelings about that? I'm like, I think it's just a weird one to start the eighty dollars price tag for Yeah, it's smart card for Nintendo.
Speaker 3: So sure, sure, I agree that it's it's a weird spot. But I feel like, as somebody said in twitch chat, Trucktowski, some some guy named Trucktowski, let let obsidy and cook. If you're going to have a studio with a game ready soon, that could kind of convince people of the quality of the eighty dollars price tag of City is not a bad one to choose, I don't think, especially since a vowed has already come out and impressed people out of World's two I loved Out of Worlds one, so I'm very excited for this Out of Worlds too. I would have I would have paid eighty dollars anyway, but that's just me. I get that. So yeah, I'm a I think it's the right it's the right call to make for the circumstances that they have. They don't have a Halo coming out, they don't have like a big a gear six Gears E Day is not coming out this year. Forts it would be a weird one to start with, too, because it's Annuel. Yeah, I think I think this, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So this is just a good like, here's the one we have to start with, not the best choice of what we have. Might as well do.
Speaker 2: It now, you got to rip off the band aids some hint of this. Yeah, this is what you're gonna do. You gotta just do it. Sure, Sure, And I think Out of World's two looked really, really good in what they showed us. So yeah, all right, let's keep moving here. Tony Hawk's pro Skater three plus four remake actually does include most of Tonyak's pro Skater four's original activities. This is from Alex Newhouse at GameSpot Most of Tonyak's pro Skater Fours content will be included in the pro Skater three plus four remake. Developer Iron Galaxy has confirmed many of the fourth games unique activities will be playable as postgame content, unlocked after the players complete an initial set of ten goals. While the first three Tonyaks pro Skater games are structured quite similarly similarly, the fourth entry in this series introduced a bunch of unusual and unconventional missions. As Iron Galaxy has said that it is trying to standardize gameplay in the remake, many fans assume that these more unusual missions would not make the cut. However, the studio assumed that the yeah. However, the studio revealed that Video two Video Games Chronicle that most of these are included as pro goals. While VGC reported that pro Skater Force mini games like tennis will not be part of the remake, the pro goals will encompass a substantial amount of the game's original content. The studio stated that pro Skater four post a challenge because of the widely varying structure of the original missions, many of them did not fit into the two minute format that is being uniformly applied across games in the remake. Well, we don't know the full scope of what's included in the pro goals. This will come as a welcome as welcome news to pro Skater four fans. Yeah, and you know, just to get it out there. I continue to be in the of the camp of I think this is going to be just a fine version of Tony Hawk's pro Skater four.
Speaker 1: I'm not really worried about it.
Speaker 2: I know there's a lot of purists out there that wanted to be exactly what four was, and that's not my concern. Is someone who loved Tony Hawk's pro Skater four, I think this is going to be really faithful and good adaptation and then having that stuff that doesn't make sense in the two minute format translated as best they can into these pro goals that is like basically postgame content or whatever.
Speaker 1: How you want to how you want to phrase that. Maybe it's a weird way of putting it.
Speaker 2: I think that makes a lot of sense, and it gives them a chance though I hey experiment and get a little bit silly as they maybe continue to do more with Tony Hawk going forward. Obviously, if they go into the Thug games. They will have to change them stuff up because those are just so different at that point that it wouldn't make sense to try and make them feel like Tony Hawk's pro Skater two or whatever. But yeah, I hope this is we welcome news to people who are worried about this, but I'm sure it won't alleviate all concerns.
Speaker 1: How do you feel, I'm sure people purist or purists, right.
Speaker 3: I heard a lot of this when the final Fantasies have in remake trilogy started. They wanted the original game remade and Square Indix was doing something too different and it wasn't for them. And I respect that I do, but I think when you're trying to make lemons and lemonade out of these lemons, you got to do whatever you can to make it as cohesive as possible. And I actually had a chance to go hands on with three and four at SGF, tried out Michaelangelo, tried out some of the new stages. Did see these pro goals in action, and it makes sense, right, It's like a you complete the stage the first time, they're going to get a couple other challenges to see to really maximize your skills. I didn't complete any because, as I learned, I'm really bad at Tony Hawk all of a sudden, so I have to figure that part out. I'm better at Kanizagami. But but no, I think this makes a lot of sense. I think it's a way to try and try and find that middle grounds. We've been talking about a lot today, finding the middle ground between certain things. And I think that the new stages that they've made. I really like the pinball stage that they had us in that was really neat. There were some there has been some things that have come out that reference like the Thug games. Like you said, Eric Sparrow is in this game, you can like you can mess with them somehow, so that might be a bit of a reference to what's going on in the future. I and also too, when I'm going through the menus, it didn't feel like it wasn't like you picked Tony Hawk's per Skater three and then that booted up and you played it, and you picked THHPS four and that booted up. No, you picked this game, this track, this skater, and off you went right. It wasn't like you weren't like they weren't divided like they were like you get a for a bad example, Capcom Fighting collection where you load that game up and you go into that game, so just one big cohesive unit. It's like it's like marrying the two games together, and in order to find the best way to represent both games, they have to do stuff like this. And it worked for me. The controller seemingly did it because, like I said, I was really bad. But the way that they have approached this, I think it'll either have people be like, oh, I don't care, that's still really good, or the people that are like, all right, this works, it's not and then you'll have your purists who wouldn't like it no matter what they did. So I was happy with what I played of it.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean for those purists, I would be like, yeah, you could still play Tony X pro Skater for that way on a million different things and mento or minto memory in chat with Sam exactly that like I'll just stick with the original if that. Yeah, if you're that much of a purist, I totally get it. But I'm ready to see this adaptation because I bet it does modernize things in some really nice ways and make the game even even better in many ways, and then yeah, it'll stink to miss some of the stuff. But those pro goals, those sort of adaptations of the weirder things, for me, those were never great in the.
Speaker 1: First place, like the weirdest ones.
Speaker 2: Like it's like I don't need to be playing tennis Antonio EAKX proskater, right So sure, I guess having any sort of way of representing those weird things in the game will just feel like a bonus to me personally. I just want to like have the cool stages that I can do cool tricks on and like find a cool line and try to get the highest score possible and try to finally crack one hundred million points in a combo or whatever. That That's where I'm going to be focused, and I bet this game is going to be fantastic for the way I play them.
Speaker 3: Sure, I just twitch chat right now or game spot game giant bomb dot com slash Chat. Giant bomb dot com slash Chat, which you can access by going to giant bomb dot com slash join and joining the right site right now. Chat is very good. Eric Sparr would have a podcast where he would sell brain pills. Eric Sparer would have a mean coin. Eric's lost Spado or Sparo lost all his money on NFTs. Probably was a big investor in Iivermctan manufacturers. Good stuff.
Speaker 1: Keep going, keep going on.
Speaker 3: I got to the end of it.
Speaker 2: Mind's I dev is working around the clock to fix the games with many issues.
Speaker 1: This is from Eddy the two at game Spot. Please get the screen Please do it.
Speaker 2: Jan, you got this screen shot if you want to put it up. Mind's Eye, the new game from former Rockstar Games boss Leslie Benzi's and his new team at Build a Rocket Boy, the name of the studio, launched this week, but the release didn't exactly go to plan. The game encounter numerous bugs and other issues, and now the developer has responded. In a statement on rerdit, Build a Rocket Boy thanked fans for playing the game and submitting their feedback.
Speaker 1: I bet they I bet they're thankful for that.
Speaker 2: While acknowledging performance issues on PC and console, we understand that the current minimum spec requirements are very high, but our engineering team are working around the clock to improve performance on mainstream hardware as well as consoles by inter grading the performance and improvements in Unreal Engine V version five point six. The developer said we will provide patch three update timing including these improvements, within the next twenty four hours. Statement was posted on June tenth, so more information about the new patch is expected today June eleventh. You could see some of the issues players have encountered so far and many videos posted online as you might be able to see, Uh there is you know, characters are melting like Assassin's Creed Unity, right.
Speaker 3: Did they build it in Unity or an Assassin's Creed Unity. Yeah, he looks like a demon Fromkanisagami shusalg.
Speaker 1: But yeah, wow, you know it's funny.
Speaker 3: I came out of my interview with the associate game director at the Io showcase sort of like oh okay, because they didn't really talk about this until the showcase. But inside mind's Eye is an entire creation suite where you can create your own missions in Mind's Eye, and like you can get in, you can into like get into like the logic and all that stuff, and if you if you find a particular logic node or logic code that you like, you can upload it to their asset library, which is always growing with everything that people were doing. That to me is fascinating, right, and if they could have made that work and just included Mind's Eye with it, right, if you had an epic GameStore. Blyer wrote this interview up shout out to Brian Crecente.
Speaker 1: But like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 3: What's going on here? Oh my god? This this This guy's got dreadlocks coming out of his eyeballs.
Speaker 1: It's it's uh, it's wow, He's.
Speaker 3: Wow. So yeah, they gotta people can make whatever they want, but they need to fix like that. That's not good.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, so many chances that the character looks like Slim's Mackenzie and that's that's right, that's right. I I'm I'm gas.
Speaker 2: And now in chat people are saying, like skulker ass, I love that this shit show of a game exists.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Where I'm at a point where I appreciate whenning wildly weird and kind of broken games feel like they're rushed out and they are, like, but they're also clearly big budget, like they spend a lot of money on this game. I'm curious to try it out for myself. I think my plan is to try to stream some of it today or we have Blake Clubs. So I'm going to check this thing out and maybe we'll get to a point where I could do a quick look or something. But yeah, very curious about this one. I wonder if there was any talk internally after Grand Theft Auto got delayed about potentially delaying this game, because it's like clearly they were trying to rush it out before Guta six came out. Yeah, and now it's like, well that's not coming out to twenty twenty six. Maybe you want a little bit more time in the oven. But no, they went right ahead with their release date and ili you know, who's publishing the game made sure that it got out, and they like presented the game as a big deal and they asked people if they want to review codes, and then they never gave anyone any review code, so.
Speaker 3: They did not know. They did not and now we kind of know why.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we really know why. So yeah, I want to I want to check this thing out and see for myself.
Speaker 2: It seems like a very very weird thing overall. So yeah, just a whole the whole.
Speaker 3: Thing is just super weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, last couple of stories.
Speaker 2: Split Gate two director apologizes a Midsummer Game Fest hat controversy. This is from Daschelle Ronaldo at Dual Shockers. Earlier this week, we once again had the wonderful Summer Gamefest, hosted by the ever President Jeff Keey. Besides the reveals of titles like Resident Evil, Requiem in Atomic Heart two, there was a showcase for split Gate two, which garnered quite a bit of attention, possibly for all the wrong reasons. The hat was throwing shade out of say okay, basically, the guy I don't know, I must have lost paragraph here, the CEO of the company, Ian Proll, I think is his name. He wore a hat that said make FPS great Again, and it looked really stupid. It was just look, I think the kids call it cringe. It was pretty cringe. And and then he came out and said, I'm not gonna apologize, and uh, you know, I'm not gonna uh you know, back off from like who I am or whatever, and you know, and if you're offended whatever, And then he apologized and said sorry for offending people, so no excuses, I'm sorry. And he posted a three minute video on on social media. And I'll be honest, I did not care to watch. I'll say, Jason, I hear this gameproll guy is quite a quite a character. Is maybe the fairest way of putting putting it maybe too fair. I hear he's kind of out of his mind, and so him behaving this way is not a huge surprise to me.
Speaker 1: This clearly.
Speaker 2: I mean, he doesn't apologize unless they I think personally, I don't think he apologized unless they are seeing some sort of negative ramifications on the performance of this game.
Speaker 3: You think that's right. Absolutely, he wouldn't. He wouldn't have apologize for shit if this game is selling great. He this This is Crisis Coms one oh one, how to submerge your brand in ninety seconds. You paid six figures to get on that stage and merge your game, which is been in beta for how long now and now is about to release in one point zero and you just took a shotgun to everything that your dev team has been doing to get this game out for the better part of you. I've heard about this game now, I've been invited to like beta tests and stuff for the better part of a year, and now all we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Is your stupid fucking hat. What is wrong with you? It's it's a it's a head scratcher.
Speaker 3: It really is, because I want, I want to be excited about this game. There is some really cool shit going on with this game. Splitgate Splitgate. First one was great, the second one had some really cool things happening, and now all we care about, rightfully, so is the hat. If I were the rest of his development team, I hope you. I mean, I'm assuming he apologized because of negative ramifications for sales or whatever, but I hope that the reason he apologized was because the rest of his studio put him in the center of the room, tied him to a chair and said, tweat your apology or we're gonna fucking knock you out. That's what they should have done. I assume it's because of sales, but that's what should have happened. Those people were too damn hard to put this game out to have the guy at the top throw fire, throw gasoline on a fire after ninety seconds and six figures spent to earn that spot, just in curiating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like, you know, I saw the hat and I was just like, oh my god, my stars and garters, I'm so offended. It's just like you just seem stupid, and it's it's a distraction from from your game because it's like, wait, what are you making that joke from eight years ago, like that everyone.
Speaker 3: Decided was sure of jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right.
Speaker 2: It is so outdated to the point where it's like, wait, you do you think that you're doing something? He like and then yeah, so I wasn't thinking about the game at all. I was like thinking about the hat, even though it's like again, not offended, just thought it was embarrassing and so and then and then it was like a little bit like and now he's like proud of himself and like, I'm not going to apologize to anybody until he did apologize. It just looks yeah, it looks like you just aren't capable of making decisions as an adult and being mature, and you shouldn't be in the position of running a company, is what it seems like to me. But you know, Plat, I never cared about spplic Gate two all that much, and this just made it easy for me to write off.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure that's exactly what they're worried about.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, this would have never happened at a company like Capcom with Kanetsagami would have never happened. They It just it infuriates me. It just yeah, I mean god, I feel so bad for that def.
Speaker 2: Team YEP, and it's like like, there's no way. Jeff Keeley was like, yeah, you can wear the hat. So I assume he put the hat on without telling anybody and walked out there and was like, look at me, I'm gonna do the thing.
Speaker 1: And I just think that's a little shitty.
Speaker 2: And here, you're right, he paid his money to go up there and talk about whatever he wanted to.
Speaker 1: I guess, but now you kind of have to get that approved in that situation. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would love to know if that hat was part of Summer Game Fest rehearsals.
Speaker 1: No, no way, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, or he just pulled that out of his pocket as he was walking on stage. Yeah, because I would love to know what Jeff thinks. Jeff has to be like, this is what they're talking about from my big two hour, like this is one of the pervading stories. What the hell, dude, what the hell?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Last story here, just a quick numbers for doing Awakening. It has a it topped out at one hundred and forty thousand concurrent players.
Speaker 3: In this game.
Speaker 2: That's a big launch for Wakening the uh, which is the you know, the survival game. Yeah, it's it seemed like it was anticipated. I didn't know it was that anticipated, and the game is let's see. Yeah, the online multiplayer survival title was unlocked early on June fifth for people who purchased the seventy dollars Deluxe Edition or the Ultimate Edition. So people are spending a lot of money on this thing on top of that, but it right, because you're right for everyone on June tenth, and immediately set a new record for itself with one hundred and forty fifty Steam concurrent players per steam dB.
Speaker 1: And it costs fifty dollars to get into that version.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, And as as Skulker points out, survival games always have an absurd player base, like this is a genre that does just pop off what we saw Valheim and a bunch of other things. But I mean, I guess this show is like, hey, the trend to be chasing if you're a license game, I suppose it's not whatever the house anyone else has been chasing.
Speaker 1: It's maybe these.
Speaker 2: Survival games are the way to go. I'm pay I'll check this out doing Awakening. I'd like that they're current, duing esthetic based on the vill the new movies or whatever. I'll hop into this and maybe have Jen do the holler at me. I would enjoy that. All Right, that does it for the headlines. Let's get to the poll question from Many many moons, so go. You know, forty four percent still think they can. I think I'm in the yes at this point. I don't think they've completely lost the touch on being able to see something like this through to a release. But I don't blame anyone for being like, why should I expect the company that's been working on Beyond Good and Evil Too for fifty years to be able to get splinter Cell remake done, even though they announced that game and said it would eventually come out.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's a chance we don't see that game?
Speaker 3: I do, because I honestly, as you said, they need to prove that they can do it. We got Assassin's Green Shadows, right, But how weird was it this past weekend not having any Ubi Soft freendsits whatsoever? I don't think they appeared anywhere. They weren't any showcase, they weren't in They didn't have their normal thing.
Speaker 1: Do they have like even like a switch To like game. I don't think so, not that I can't recall at least really they had. They had a like a Quest three game.
Speaker 2: I feel like they like they had like a yea, they have a launch game for everything. And to me, them not having a decent presence at switch To is like when Donnie didn't get a strike in Big Lebowski.
Speaker 1: It's, oh shit, this fucker is about to die.
Speaker 3: This was the company that two consoles Ago resurrected Zombie for the we you just to get an add Rayman too, So they had multiple games on this console and now know where to be seen. What are they making? Do we even know?
Speaker 2: I mean weird Dason and Chat says outlaws for switch to something they announced but that's not out yet so that's the right.
Speaker 1: And then he announced for.
Speaker 3: Switch to and then twitch chat Kane high wind and twitch chat also represents they're going through that big trial in Europe at the moment, which could they have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of distractions, and of course they are splitting up the brands. They're doing brand split they're going to have Monday night and Thursday nights. I think, all right, new full question here in a second. Before we get to that, though, let's take a second and let Jason Vonelli tell us where we could find him on the internet, what he has going on, fifteen write ups.
Speaker 1: He's got to go get out there on the internet. Where can people find that work and everything else? From you?
Speaker 3: All right? So yes, I have a bunch of Summer Game Fest nonsense going up pretty soon, most of which will be at Epic Games, soor I can talk about these. None of them are in Bargo. They're not written yet, but they're not in Bargo because I ain't irresponsible. So here I had to go to sleep last night. So here are a couple of things that are already up. I had an interview, I had a hands on with Hitman the mission with Mads Michelson, which you all should have played by now. The interview with the Mindseyefella is up as well. I also have two things up at game Spot I have. I went. I was cordially invited to visit Skybound before Summer Games Fest on Monday morning, and I played Invincible Versus. That is so fucking cool. That game was awesome, played great, very very excited for you to see about that. And I also this is submitted. It's going to go up at some point today. I had a chance to also visit Riot Games and check out Riftbound their upcoming Magic the Gathering competitor. They had four trial decks and two mats that are conveniently zoned so I can see where everything is supposed to go. Walk me through the game in a nice hour and a half long demo, had asked some questions of the creator there. It was really really cool what I saw. That's going up at GameSpot. I think it's in edits right now, or we'll be in edits shortly. And along with that article will be three exclusive cards that I get to reveal, which which is pretty neat. So that'll be up, should be up today, and then I also have an interview with the Double O seven first Light Folks, my last of the three from io Interactive's showcase. An article about Meaged Gathering arenas final Fantasy activation for Epic Game Store you could replay. I went hands on with Sonic Racing Crossworlds. I went on hands with that's all Epic Game Store m m L RPG dot Com. I will also be doing Shanobi went hands on with that. That game slaps Wushog Fallen Feathers, which I said from soft and I don't get along Wushang and I really don't get along. I can't. Hard as hell. And then Moonlightter two for m RPG, which is really neat. And then I also want to talk about I'm going to write this up for a game spot as well. Did you get over to see Ambrosia Sky. No, I didn't, but some people talking about it. So Ambrosia Sky was made by soft Rains. It was the one that uh that that soft Rains. It was their first ever game. I found this game fascinating. So it's you're in space, you're cleaning up this fungus, fungus in this like colony cluster, and you're you're you're part of this this scientific group who goes and collects like these, the corpses of these dead folks and puts there as long as they consent to it, right, as long as they give their consent before they die, to be part of this overarching project studying what's going on and why it's happening. There's also an added element that the character either are playing at lived in this cluster and left it fifteen years ago, so there's these are people that she's familiar with, right so and I and it really struck me. So when at the end of the demo, when I get to who I need to collect, let's say, and I get their consent and the animation plays to get their DNA to create the DNA strand that I'll be collecting. She just kind of Normally in games, when somebody's dying or you're doing something like that, you're just kind of standing there and it's happening. They made it a point to have her and you're in first person kneel down and put her hands like on her lap, right like on her where you can see them crossed like this, showing a reverence and respect to death and the dead that I think video games could really use more of. It struck me so much. And when I said this to the developer, he was like, you're not many people have keyed up on that. So I'm glad, and that was the our focus of our conversation. So that's that's gonna be the angle from the game spot article. Uh, I just realized I'm really talking your ear off here, So that's all my stuff. Appreciate it, big man, finelly on all socials, come find me and let's talk about the do playing great trading card games and uh yeah, there it is.
Speaker 1: Uh that reminds me as you like mentioned some stuff from the PC Gaming Show. I might maybe make.
Speaker 2: A thread in the Discord or on Blue Sky or something where I ask people to send me the trailers from the last week that you feel either got missed or just your overall favorites, because I think we're going to try to find a time to catch up on all the trailers we missed because we actually went to Summer Game Fest like that. Yeah, I don't want to know what's going on at Summer game Fest. Go Tom, go to Summer game Fest or Gummer same fest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's really easy to miss out on stuff when you're.
Speaker 3: Actually gonna mustard the courage to catch up on these games exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna check some of the stuff out because the look man, the PC Game Show looks like I had some really neat stuff in it.
Speaker 3: It did, Uh, I had I think there was I had a bar good news piece from for that show. I think it was that show from published by Punkel who makes Vampire Survivors. It's the game Elludes, Berserk or Die I think the name is. But basically you're you're a single character on a battlefield and characters and and enemies are coming at you from left and right, and the more the way you attack them is to slap your keyboard. Slap your keyboard to the right to attack that way, Slap your keyboard to the left to attack that way. And the more keys you slap, the more powerful your slash.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. I love that you got to.
Speaker 3: Check that out. They said a gift of like how you control it, and it looks like the dude just donkey kanngaing is keyboard. It was cool.
Speaker 2: I'll give you more Donkey Konga inspired video games. Absolutely, that sounds incredible. I'm always want to check this.
Speaker 1: Well game is this again?
Speaker 3: What is it? Berserk Perserk or Die I believe was the name of it. It was being published by Punko, So if you look up Punkel PC gaming show that that should get you where you need to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, very cool, All right, Well I'm gonna try to track that down and how some fun with it. Let's see here new poll question. Let's see are you going to play splic Gate two?
Speaker 1: Yes or no? Just curious?
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, just a simple question. Don't don't worry about any the other stuff. Yes, you know you're gonna play splic Gate two. We'll talk about that on Game Mess Mornings here on Giant Bomb tomorrow. Speaking of Giant Bomb, like I said, I'm gonna try to get mindset going here pretty soon, we'll see maybe like an hour out from uh from light Club, and then of course blight Club does return with Oh, he's gonna look so cool. Uh, he might he could finish it up today. There's a there's a strong chance he finishes up today. But it's like either today or.
Speaker 1: Next week he wraps up Rascal, and that means it's gonna be Dan's turn soon. So we got to figure out what we're making him play.
Speaker 3: I hope he's too cool to finish it this week. So yes, that's what a.
Speaker 1: Real cool guy would do.
Speaker 3: I think a really cool guy would do.
Speaker 2: And then uh yeah, so then tomorrow we'll I think we're gonna try to fit in a switch to stream honestly, like trying to I'm like to see about it if we can move some stuff around. So we have a pretty lengthy stream of that, but we'll have to see how how everyone's schedules looking. The very least will play some switch to stuff tomorrow and then I think Friday we got plans for a unprofessional Fridays and stuff like that, so.
Speaker 1: Game lest Mornings for the rest of the week. I look forward to seeing y'all for that.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, Jason Finelli, thank you so much for hanging out with me today man and talk about video games.
Speaker 1: I super appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Happy to be here, glad you hit me up to be this first one back after as GGF, I'd say it popped off like a confetti canon.
Speaker 2: What about you, I would say so as well. And maybe Dan Record also died because of this as well.
Speaker 1: We know you all right, everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you for watching, thank you for listening, Thank you for going to giant bomb dot com, slash join and supporting us. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.
Speaker 1: You'll be m