Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to the host of Home. You can listen to it every Saturday and Sunday right here on KFI. It's Dean Sharp, Morning Bean, good morning Amy. Let's talk about style, shall we? Okay, Okay, So you say, to make your house your home, you got to figure out what your style is so it feels homey, so it reflects who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, you know, when we're when we're transforming a home into something that is more you. The trouble with that is we got to find out who you are. In fact, the one of the biggest challenges for most people when it comes to remodeling or redecorating or redesigning their home is they run up against this idea of like, oh, no, I know something's missing from my life, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. And so there's a bit of h there's a bit of style psychology that we have to go through a little style therapy, as it were, for a lot of homeowners in order to start getting a handle of their style. In fact, most people don't even really understand what the word style means. They just know that they don't have it, or they think that they don't have it and they find out that's that's not actually the case.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what are some things that you can do as you start pondering you're thinking about redecorating or building or something. What are some things you should start looking at, like to discover what your style is?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you understand what the word style really means when we say it right, when we say somebody's got style, it means that they have a way about them. They have a way about them. And if you break that down even further, what it comes down to is that style is repetition in your life. Style is routine. It's whatever you keep coming back to. It's whatever you keep finding yourself attracted to or you know, kind of magnetically drawn to. Style is the are the things that you like And on a really simple basis, style or the things that you like and the things and basically how you like to live. It can be as simple as and I ask clients to start doing this, start telling me, you know, what are the things that you do? What happens every single week? And I just don't mean, you know, I get up and I go to work, and then I come home and I go to sleep. I mean the kinds of things along the way that you keep moving towards a style is in fact kind of the grooves that you wear into your life by traveling those paths again and again. And if you want to start keeping a style journal, it's and I and this is not therapy for everybody. It's just for people who are looking to change the way their home looks. Then you set something aside, some notes aside, maybe some notes on your phone, and you start taking a look at what are the things I keep coming back to, the things that I just love more than anything else. That's the beginning. It's the roots of your style.
Speaker 1: You know what I think is so interesting you talking about that. I definitely have that. I mean, I don't know how you guys are deal with it, but I keep going back to the same kinds of things. I mean, whether it's from a car to the color of the car, to the kind of clothes I wear, like I wear block more block color, yeah, block colors rather than flower stuff. And if you look around my apartment or not really anything flowery around where I live, nothing so cool that.
Speaker 2: You bring that up, Because that's one of the cues I think is your own sense of fashion is usually a representation of your own style in one way or another. So we do a lot of fashion translating. Not that people are like, listen, now, you want me to be fashionable in the way that I dress. See, that's the thing. There's not this expectation that you've got some high fancy style. It's just a question of how do you dress? And you've pointed out a really important one. Amy you've noticed that you don't wear a lot of pattern stuff in your clothing.
Speaker 1: Even though I want to, but I never even if I try to, I always go back to the other thing because I think it's better for me.
Speaker 2: Okay. And then as a result, as you look around your place, there aren't a lot of patterns as well. Right, They just tend to work itself out that way.
Speaker 1: Isn't that interesting? You're gonna be talking about this all week right or a weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to be taking calls tomorrow. Of course. We're wide open to take calls on style and then finding your style. The big show on Sunday, all.
Speaker 1: Right, six to eight am Saturday and nine to noon on Sunday. It's called Home with the House whispered Dean Sharp, Thanks Dean, thank you, Amy