Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine The Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog. I was wondering if you're going to treat the listeners and us this morning to your best Harry carry impersonation in a rousing rendition of take me out to the ball game.
Speaker 3: Take me after the roll?
Speaker 4: Is that cragged me after the crowd, give me some bug lusser and crack jacks.
Speaker 1: Come on, you can't make him sound that bad. I think it was he used to get drunks. Wasn't it also a medical condition? Like didn't he knowed? I thought he stroking.
Speaker 3: Too many butt lights? That was the easy.
Speaker 2: Don't pin it on that he's a legend man. Come on, all right? Opening Day Major League Baseball. Not not everybody's in the pool today, but a lot of action.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Rays are not in the pool today. The Rays don't open till tomorrow. In fact, that's one of the major storylines in baseball this year. The Rays are playing in a minor league ballpark over in Tampa Steinbrenner Field, so they'll open tomorrow against Colorado. But there is a full slate of games today in Major League Baseball. I think the first game is Milwaukee at the Yankees. That's at three o'clock today. You can watch baseball all day and all night long. So uh, Major I mean we're gonna play eight months of the season, obviously, one hundred and sixty two games, playoffs, wild cards, all of that. Can't we just end it right now and just say nobody's gonna beat the Dodgers. They've they've got the most talent, they won the World Series last year, they have the hugest payroll, They've got unbelievable an unbelievable roster.
Speaker 1: Dodgers are gonna win it again, My Dodgers. Okay, yeah, this is mister my Dodgers. You said people can watch baseball all day and all night. I think people might be tuned into college basketball tonight though.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, obviously. You know we got sweet sixteen games tonight, including the gate is going up seven.
Speaker 3: What time they tip off?
Speaker 4: Seven thirty seven Bulldogs seven thirty nine pm? Tip off out west in San Francisco, where Todd Golden, the Gator coach, got his coaching started at the University of San Francisco. They've been visiting some of his old aunts out there. We talked yesterday about the what was that restaurant.
Speaker 2: Georgie's Original Joe's or yeah, Joe's pat Italian restaurant.
Speaker 1: Tell tell dog what you looked up online about the menu?
Speaker 2: I did yesterday? So you told me, oh, I looked up at that restaurant's menu where they where they were dining? I think last night, Bull Doug, how much was an appetizer a Iceberg lettuce? Salad was twenty six ninety five?
Speaker 3: What Iceberg lettuce? You don't even get real?
Speaker 2: Ninety five? And then away we go from there.
Speaker 1: Iceberg let us has no nutritional Cali pricing. Man, you're right on the no nutritional. I've been eating salad lady to get my poop right, and uh yeah that at Iceberg, I love it, but it's just water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to.
Speaker 3: Go Romaine, Yeah, Romaine let us.
Speaker 4: So the Gators take on Maryland. Gators are favored by six and a half. The other games not BYuT at Alabama, BYU versus Alabama, Arizona versus Number one Duke, Arkansas versus Texas Tech. Then the games tomorrow. The game I'm looking forward to tomorrow is Kentucky, which is a three seed versus Tennessee, which is a two seed. And then, of course, two other number one seeds play tomorrow, Michigan against Auburn and then Purdue at Houston, which number one seed. Here we go, here's a poll question for which number one seed has the best chance of getting upset in the Sweet sixteen Maryland versus Florida, Arizona versus Duke, Michigan versus Auburn, or Purdue versus Houston.
Speaker 2: I hate to say it, I think Gators shout.
Speaker 4: I think it might be the Gators because Maryland's Maryland's starting lineup is lights out, but they don't have the depth that the Gators have. I hope the Gators can can get through this because, as I wrote in my column at Today's Orlando Sentinel, if the Gators can win the national championship, maybe, just maybe, this this malaise that the Gator athletic program has been in since Billy Donovan and Urban Meyer left seventeen years ago, maybe this will be the.
Speaker 3: Genesis of something.
Speaker 4: Because the football team sort of, you know, woke up at the end of last season. The basketball team is playing better than anybody right now.
Speaker 3: So maybe this could create an athletic research.
Speaker 1: But I told you yesterday, dude, that one kid from Maryland the I think he's a point guard six two, and.
Speaker 3: He's a beast. He's a big, big dude, and he's a physical player. Yeah as well, they got to watch out for him.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: What else we have going on in sports?
Speaker 2: The Lightning and the Magic both playing tonight back in action.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, hopefully the Magic can make it four in a row tonight the Dallas, So, I mean, hopefully here's a local story for you. So, I don't know if you guys saw this. Longtime CBS Sports college football analyst Gary Danielson will retire after the twenty twenty five season. That'll be his thirty six season. Did you see he was replacing him? Who Orlando's own Charles Davis is going to take?
Speaker 2: Really? I remember when Charles used to work at your radio station.
Speaker 4: Charles Davis did the morning show along with Pat Clark. Yeah, you're right at FM ninety six nine the game, Although it wasn't FM ninety six nine the game back then?
Speaker 3: It was when was it the team? Right?
Speaker 1: The team?
Speaker 3: Was it a M five for.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was five forty. But I'll tell you what. Charles was a and and as was Pat. Very nice guys when you saw.
Speaker 2: Charles was very cordial dust when we'd see him in the halls and stuff. But you it took a while for us to get to know you dog.
Speaker 4: You gotta be honest, man, Charles Charles is one of the nicest, smartest guys.
Speaker 3: I know, man, that guy's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, by the way, you know who else got their start at our sports station?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know, Uh, because I was a bus boy at his table.
Speaker 2: That the news dude locally, right, Greg Warman.
Speaker 3: Greg Warman? Yeah he did. But but no, this this guy's even more famous.
Speaker 1: Oh ESPN guy who unfortunately passed. He went to Park Maitland. No, that was Stuart Scott who got this Channel two. Yeah he was a channel too.
Speaker 4: Chris mad Dog Russo Rollins graduate got a start.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know who else did? He didn't get a start here, but he used to play for Miami Damn Cilio the legend. Sorry, I had to he was talking about a big mead heead.
Speaker 5: I could get you on the on the field of the Hurricanes game. We have to play for them. Every week, and so you want to go go get your field passes. There was no follow through on that effort, not once. All right, he is Mike the Bulldog Byonki. The next legend got to emerge from AM seven ninety six the game I agree open Mike Hoast weekday mornings of Jason Dust and we're lucky to have it for the sports page here on j R R.
Speaker 2: Each morning.
Speaker 4: By the way, happy birthday to Mariah Carry this morning.
Speaker 2: By the way, you missed Steven Stephen Tyler yesterday.
Speaker 4: Dog Stephen Tyler yesterday is well. Happy belated birthday to him.
Speaker 3: Oh j R R. Orlando's rock station.