Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and they would dead once you hit the grill. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here. Look, I'm new the window now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Hello, hit the boddy out here? What quin on out there? It's thought of a bitch about six foot nine. I don't know. Easy ann out there? Yeah, I'm walking right.
Speaker 3: Head all right, folks.
Speaker 1: I want to welcome our guest to the show. It is Maxim Furick. Welcome to the show, sir.
Speaker 4: Thank you Brian. Great to be here. Looking forward to a chat with you and sasquatch Otto seas should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: As always, I am glad to talk to you as well. Let's get right into it. You've got a story background, You've got quite the history. Let's start there. Tell everybody a little bit about your background, your history, and what brought you to the point of writing a.
Speaker 4: Book about Bigfoot. Yeah, good question. But first of all, we all got our backstory. So we all got our ups and downs, our wins and our losses and all that, just like anybody else. But I'm an author, I'm a writer, I'm a creative guy. I'm a former rock journalist. I was in northeastern Pennsylvania. Our claim the fame was that we had a hit record called Timothy. It was in nineteen seventy one, and we got coal mines up back called We're like hardcore people Anthracide Cold. There were a lot of coal miners there, a lot of indentured servants and a little breaker boys, ten year old kids that they send down into the mine. So we got a real storied history there. Anyway, nineteen seventy one there was a song called Timothy. It was by a Wocksbaro Pennsylvania band called the Boys b all Ys. Timothy was about cannibalism and a mind shaft. So that song went to number thirteen on Billboard and it was the highest charting song of any rock act in northeastern Pennsylvania. So, as a rock journalist, I wanted to write a book. Was researching it. I found out that Timothy the song paralleled things that happened in Shepton. The nineteen sixty three Shepton My disaster, same story. Three guys go down into the mine for their trap. There for two weeks, only two come out. The townspeople want to know what happened to your buddy. There were allegations of cannibalism back then in sixty three as well as now, including Johnny Boba, who was the son of the guy that allegedly was cannibalized, and Johnny believes that they ate his dad. Every time they interview him they say this. So that was bizarre. The more I investigated Shepton, the more I got into a paranormal realm. So just a whole lot of bizarre things happened in Shepton. Out of body experiences, near death experiences, after life experiences. They saw humanoid creatures, they saw Pope John the twenty third, who had died in June. Shepton took place in August. It's just a lot of crazy, bizarre things. So that book, Shepton Miracle and Music Pertains to Timothy the song that took off really big. Then I decided to follow that up with another paranormal book that was sort of Sylvania centric and every state, every locale has their own weirdness. Coal Region. I ripped off the name Khudu from the Bayou. I thought, what the help, we'll use it. We'll put it here up here in the Coal Region. So I have two chapters there on Bigfoot, and we have bickfoot sightings here. Pennsylvania reputably is the number third state after California and Washington with bickfoot sidings, especially in western Pennsylvania, the Chestnut Ridge area. So I wrote this book had two chapters for some reason, and this was twenty twenty three that people read those two chapters. So I got invited to all these bigfoot expos here in Pennsylvania. They're popping up left and right, and they're cannibalizing each other. At some point it's going to reach a point of saturation, but we're having fun.
Speaker 3: We're having a.
Speaker 4: Bigfoot origin in Pennsylvania right now.
Speaker 2: So be it.
Speaker 4: I decided I was really intrigued with Bigfoot, all of the aspects of it and all of the theories. I started to read books by Jeff Meldrum, Lauren Coleman, and Nick Redfern and all the ones. So I decided to do my own book. I had been interviewed by doctor Dean Bertram on his Talking Weird program. Dean told me about Hangar one and Doug Hicheck. He thought that it might be a good hook up, so I contacted him. I told him about the book I was working on, and they got pretty excited. The Lost Tribes of Bigfoot. As we're speaking now, it only came out like maybe four days ago, so we're getting a lot of interest. I've been getting a lot of calls guys like you, so I really appreciate this, and I'm looking forward to having a place at the table where I could also discuss my feelings about Sasquatch, what it is and all that. So that's basically where I am. But you know how it is when you first get that book, when that book is published, when the Lost Tribes on Bigfoot came out, When I first got that book and held it just like called a baby. I love what they did in the back. There's my rock and roll persona. That's an Gretwitch village. That's a club loob. Yeah. I'm just excited. And we're fellow Hanger one authors, which is cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My book Sasquatch Unleased The Truth Behind the Legend, just came out in March of this year, and I've had a phenomenal experience. I've had a long history with Doug and Alex and Blaine and those guys over a Hanger one and the Until Radio Network, so I am stoked as well to be a part.
Speaker 3: Of that group.
Speaker 1: Let's get right into the book. Let's talk about some of the things. I've got some questions here. I want to dive into. Some of the things that you covered in this book are frankly some of the things I covered in my book as well. I'm very interested in. Let's get into the UFO and Bigfoot connection. It's on everybody's mind when it comes to Bigfoot. You got this flesh and blood camp, you got this wo and high strangeness camp, and some people think they're flying around on UFOs and they're dropping them off to use the bathroom or whatever they're doing here on Earth.
Speaker 3: So let's dive into that.
Speaker 1: It's one of the things that I have struggled with my Bigfoot journey, if you will, So let's talk a little bit about where you are on this possible connection.
Speaker 3: Between Bigfoot and UFOs. What you think about that thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, First of all, when I first heard about Bigfoot and UFOs together, I said, no, this is crazy. I refused to believe that. I was just like, I'm thinking of that. This is just stupid, this is over the top. But the more I researched this, the more I'm seeing the connection that they not only see Bigfoot, but that they see saucers or orbs, they see Wird's things. A lot of this was happening in western Pennsylvania. We had the syria called Chestnut Ridge. Even though they say it's only four county, it's actually more than that, Like even Green County. He was a guy named Kevin Paul that writes about all the high strangeness in Green County. Stan Gordon, You're lucky because we have a guy named Stan Gordon, and standard is like the Caper of the Keys. When we had the Kecksburg crash, the UFO crash in December of nineteen sixty five, Stan was there. He documented it, wrote books, had a documentary and that sort of got him started on this thing. Then he started to write about bigfoot out in western Pennsylvania. Stan Gordon is the guy that documents all this stuff. Whenever there's a bigfoot or UFO sighting, whenever they call the state police and will say call Stan Gordon. So the Stan Gordon's number ready to give to these people. So Stan has been keeping a list of this. He documents all these sightings, like mister and Missus Jones going to the outhouse and they see a bigfoot family, they see a bigfoot with orbs, or they see a bigfoot in flying saucers. There were so many examples of bigfoot sasquatch creatures along with UFOs, along with flying saucers that I felt that there was something. There was a strong connection there, but it was a paranormal connection. Now again, whatever that is, we don't know. But I figure the best I can do as a researcher, if that's what I amazon bigfoot author, the best I could do is come up with terminologies, slots, genre and categories and say that bigfoot and UFOs slot into this, this is where they are. If we can do that and then discuss that and you have people either validated or criticize it. But then I think that's the discussion we need to have. But I think there's a lot of commonality between UFOs and Bigfoot. For example, a lot of the saucer people are looking for nuts and bolts. They want proof that this thing exists. We've been looking for that, certainly since Roles Well in nineteen forty seven, but even earlier than that, since the days before Christ. People have seen things in the sky. Some people are looking for flesh and blood, so we're looking for proof. On that note, we have a whole lot of things. I mean, the art proof. I think there's three things basically that are proof that Bigfoot exists. You know, one, the eyewitness accounts, and not just eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable, but we've had accounts of numerous people too, or more people seeing Bigfoot at the same time, so that to me is credibility. The other thing is with people like doctor Jeff Meldrum, Groper Krantz, all these people that catalogued the Bigfoot cast. They would go to these places where they saw the prince and make cast out of it. We know that Ray Wallace was the hoaxer, and he was around there in Bluff Creek making his fake bigfoot prints and he was found out. Even though the media concluded that these bigfoot tracks were actually a hoax, they were, Lauren Coleman called him out. Lauren Coleman was the one person who single handedly called out this hoaxter and documented what he did and what he didn't do, and how the media dropped the ball on this. It was a lot easier to say that it was a hoax and it was an actual thing, and the media is to blame for that. But Lauren Coleman, I got to give him credit for calling them out the bigfoot prints or the other thing to cast. And then the third thing, and I talk a lot about this in the Lost Stripes of Bigfoot is the Patterson gimlun film that's been analyzed scrutinized. The scientists looked at at these people that make a living in primate gait and ambulation and all that they watch it. And it's not a person in a suit, because you could see the muscles, you could see the butt muscles. Patty turns around and looks at Patterson and then goes and runs away. And a couple of things about this one. Right, if you and I were going to go and do a hoax about bigfoot, you would think that we would make it longer than fifty eight seconds. This Patterson Gimlin Fell, the notorious film is only fifty eight seconds. Again, it shows this female bigfoot. You see the breasts walking, turning out of curiosity, and then walking away. Some people feel that what it was doing that it could have gone into the woods earlier. But it was going in a circular way like animals do, because there were little bigfoot creatures close and they were trying to take Patterson and Gimlin, the two horses Plint plus the pack horse away from the areas where those other bigfoot is. So that's one of the theories. Patterson was trying to make money. He was a great promoter. They were interesting individuals, him and his brother in law. After the sighting, Patterson and Gimblin became estranged. They didn't talk to each other. Patterson was going out with his brother in law. He wanted to do a documentary to make money to have a larger Bigfoot expedition to find this thing. So that was his motivation behind it. Jimlin dropped off the face of the earth. He had his forty days and nights in the desert. He just rode his force up and down the Pacific Coast Highway. Bob Giblin right now is I think eighty seven years old. He was keeping a low profile until the members of the Bigfoot cult welcomed him back and he invited him to all these Bigfoot conferences and conventions, and he's like the Saint. I talk about that in my book. From being crucified and castigated, criticized and everything else, it's come around that he's all become Saint Robert Gimlin. They love him, They hang on every word, and they just want to hear him tell again and again what he saw, what he felt, what he believed he was there. The whole thing might have taken two minutes, and it changed his life. He says that no matter what anybody says, I know what I saw was real. And Patterson's wife now owns the video rights to this film. Although nobody knows where the original film is. It's gone. Nobody's getting millions of dollars or even ten thousand dollars for it, so that ship has passed. Renee Dahinden was the one who owned his kids now owned the rights, the photographic rights to this bigfoot. But again everybody violates that copyright. And you've seen this bigfoot thing all over the place. It's almost like public domain anymore. So again, if the argument with the Boo Birds is that people are doing this thing to make money, or that the Patterson Gimmlin film was just the way to make money, nobody's made money. Maybe you're making money, Brian, and maybe I'm making money writing about if Patterson and Gimblin weren't. So that's the travesty of all this.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more Sasquat Jotsy will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: But it's come full circle. I've been talking to this woman who is I believe the granddaughter of Bob Gimblin. I met her on Facebook and I'm trying to correspond and I'd love to sit down and have a chat with him more than anything else, That's what I really want to do. Just when I talked to him, just want to be in his presence because I'm in awe.
Speaker 3: This is the guy.
Speaker 4: He saw it and they videotaped it, but I get excited just thinking about him. I talk a lot about the Patterson Gimblin film in my book several times, and Robert Gimlin gets a lot of applause from me. I celebrate the guy, and he's almost like a deity to me.
Speaker 1: He Let's talk about that intense emotional reaction to Bigfoot, because it's one of the things that you cover in the book as well.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that.
Speaker 1: Giving your background in psychology, how do you interpret this intense emotional reaction.
Speaker 3: That some people have to Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Whether you're a believer or a skeptic, you're on one side of the fence of the other when it comes to Bigfoot. I have an emotional attachment to Bigfoot. I make no qualms about it. Most people do, one way or the other. I've talked a little bit about the psychological effects of Bigfoot being in the zeitgeist for so long. It's been a part of pop culture for decades and decades and continues to permeate throughout pop culture. We're actually starting a new series of things that we're going to cover on this podcast about Bigfoot in pop culture and how people respond to it. Given your background in psychology, let's talk a little bit about those emotional reactions and what do you think about that in general? What is it about bigfoot as a phenomenon that causes people to be so emotionally attached to.
Speaker 3: It one way or the other, whether you're a believer or a skeptic.
Speaker 4: There was a Holocaust or blaber named Victor Frankel, and he wrote a book in Search of Meaning. He said that, man, one of the things that we do as human beings is that we have a need to search for the truth, to figure things out, to have closure. So we're talking about something, we're trying to explain the unexplainable. We have some proof, we don't have definitive proof. We don't have the DNA, we don't have that flesh and blood. That's what we're looking for. So I think that there's this drive, this motivation with all of us to discover what that is. It's the Indiana Jones and all of us. For those people that are on their couch eating popcorn and just watching the game shows you, that's fine, God bless you if that's what you want to do. But we don't. We search, we talk, We expand the discussion. That's exciting, and that's living life. That's living now, doing what you want to do. I'll tell you what. When I was working on The Lost Tripes of Bigfoot, I was immersed in Sasquatch in history and mythology and culture and all that stuff. I was excited and I wanted to learn as much as I think. I want to write it in a way that was pleasing, acceptable, and respectful of the audience. I wanted to not only have the facts, but I wanted to go and juice it up, nake it artsy and poetic in a stream of consciousness in places not throughout the whole book. I don't want to make people gag. I'm proud of it. It's a well written book. I got excited in this, and even with the culture. I remember. Let me see it was I think it was nineteen fifty seven when they had The Abominable Snowman. That was a scary movie about Yetti. It was a black and white horror movie. I loved that movie. There was one before that called The Snow Beast or the Snow Creature of nineteen fifty four, which was they go to this unknown country in the Himalayas, they capture a yetti, they bring it to Los Angeles. It escapes through the tunnels and it's almost like a detective show. It's like cops and robbers in all cases, like your Sasquatch Odyssey. That shape was the shape that they used, certainly in the first American motion picture, which was The Snow Creature. I believe it was called nineteen fifty four. So throughout the years nineteen thirty three, with King Kong pictures of the Eddy and everything, we've got that idea, that image steered into our brains. What's interesting is that people that see Bigfoot they all report similar things, not only just a physical thing, but they talk about Bigfoot not walking but gliding. And they talk about the by location that Bigfoot is in one place and then another. You see them in front of you, then it's behind you, this by location thing. And they talk about the eyes, which is interesting that the eyes don't just reflect light, but they emit light. So there seems to be some kind of paranormal aspect to Bigfoot. That's what I take a look at partially in my book with the title The Lost Tripes of Bigfoot is metaphor for all of the things that we think it was, whether it's a remnant of Neanderthal, and some people believe that it was a need to throw relic. A missing link between uts and tapes that's still out there, and that is the link to Bigfoot or gigant Thropithecus, which was like a ten foot twelve foot eight that looked like an orangutang. They believe came over the Bearing Straight when the continents were connected and landed in North America. It looks like an orangutang and interesting. Lauren Coleman received a picture. I think there was this couple down in Florida. They lived in a trailer. They had a camera. I don't know if they had a camera that just took pictures that was set up there, but they took a picture of this creature that looked like an orangutang, and Lauren Coleman said it was either an orangutang that escaped or it was part of this whole swamp beast what do we call the skunkin in Florida. He wasn't quite sure, but he thought that it might have been that. Even where we lived by the Gulf side, there's a place called Silver Springs, Florida. They have monkeys there that escape the island and they're all over the place. So there's monkeys in Florida. There may be a Bigfoot relative too. Florida, by the way, is really huge on bickfoot. There's exposed believers and hunters and everything else. It's just pretty wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've done entire shows on the monkeys down there and Florida that are loose that people are encountering and whether it could be possible misidentifications for Bigfoot and other things. So, yeah, it's a fascinating subject for sure. Let's talk a little bit about the Native American traditions involving Sasquatch. I think that's something that comes up often, but I think it gets a little lost in translation in my opinion, with some of the current research that's being done. How do you see the indigenous perspectives on Bigfoot? Do you think they're being overlooked? You think they're misunderstood in mainstream Bigfoot research. Did you get into that when you were doing the research for your book. What do you feel about this indigenous perspective on Bigfoot and traditions in folklore?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up because that's respectful and we need to talk about In Bluff Creek, they saw the tracks, I think it was the Humboldt News in northern California started to talk about bigfoot. So they wrote these articles about these tracks, and the loggers thought it was a bigfoot creature. The editor the newspaper started to receive thousands of letters in response to this. It was phenomenal. So the word bigfoot then went into the American lexicon there around that time in the fifties, so we knew about bigfoot, and we knew that there were bigfoot creatures in the Pacific Northwest. People were coming for and talking about that. There was a lot of excitement about that. But then the lore we looked into it, we found out the wait a second, this isn't a recent thing. This thing about bigfoot like creatures was happening for a long time with the indigenous peoples of British Columbia, and they talked about sasquatch and they talked about said that they could either be a blessing to see a sasquatch or maybe warning, so it was a little bit of both. They did talk about sasquatch and the Native Americans are more in tuned with nature than I think we are, only because I think we are so wrapped up in commercialism and civilization. Let's face it, John Muir said that civilization stifles our progress. We could probably be a lot more better, a lot more meditative, and a lot more spiritual if we didn't have all these commercial trappings that are holding us back. It's tough when the TVs and commercials and all the other the craziness. But we started to find out that the Pacific Coast people talked about this, and there's total polls, and there's stories and there's legends. The one thing that was pretty important was that they talk about Sashquatch warning people to preserve and honor the environment, the ecosystem. So these environmentalists have to really give credit where credit is due. This thing about preserving the environment has been around for a long time and it didn't come from the white man, from the indigenous people there. I'll tell you another thing too, with the new baul reached the newly rich people from India, China, all over the place and the United States and Europe going over to the Himalaya is going to those sacred mountains in search of YETI having their glamping where they spend thousands of dollars for real nice tents and everything, and you know they leave behind fecal matter, cans and trash. The whole area, like Catman do, is a gutter. It's a filthy place because of these eco tourists. And again, don't blame the ugly American. It's the ugly Homo sapiens from all over the world that are going there just for a lark, just for a thrill, just for a buzz, and desecrating what the Sherpas belief is a sacred holy mountain. That's disgusting. You know, when we talk about the excitement, adventure, and passion of searching for Sasquatch and the Yetti, that's one thing. Then when you look at some of the reality of what's happening there, it's just like horrible when you read these reports about that. Let's talk a little bit.
Speaker 1: About the high strangeness part. We touched on the UFO stuff earlier. There are these people that believe that these creatures are not just flesh and blood, but there may be a combination of an interdimensional being that has the ability to come and go as it pleases. I used to think that was complete bunk them, and I'm still on the flesh and blood train for the majority of my journey here. But there are some weird things that are associated with as you mentioned, the self illuminating eyes and some of the other things that people have experienced. Where are you on the possibility of these things being a little bit more than flesh and blood and possibly being interdimensional beings.
Speaker 4: I don't know who it was in Western Pennsylvania, but they called me give me the type, doctor wu. I'm an academic, but some of these flesh and blood guys, they talk about guys like me as being wool wherein doctor wooll. But I take that as something positive. I know it's used as a derogatory slur, but the people that are into the wool, I guess academics like me, we believe in my thing this. If it's not flesh and blood, then what is it. So let's take a look at some of those possibilities.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Is it some sort of mass hallucination that we're all seeing the same thing for some reason and we're all conjuring up something is a Jungian collective unconscious where you go back to our ancestors who saw things of danger, and again you take these things. It's all about fight or flight, fight, slighter freeze. You capture this stuff in your amid de lah. Then when you're walking down that alley or you're walking through the woods and you see this creature, you search your amiddalah for a file that represents that. Is it friendly or is a foe? Is it danger? You'd do fight or flight or what? The Jungian philosophy is that what we see could be DNA remnants from way back when our caveman ancestors saw certain things. So that's a theory. It's just as good as the next one. But the one that I hang my hat on pretty much is the interdimensional theory. Jacques Vallet, John Kyl Einstein talked about that, and Einstein back in the thirties talked about the wormhole theory, that you could take a space time continue follow it and have a little hole there or a bridge, and you could get from one side to the other. And if you talk about in terms of intergalactic travel, these guys going millions of light years to go from A to B. I thought, how about if you were able to go and actually close or full dead space time continuum instead of going all those light years, you just traversed it through that wormhole book and a fraction of the second following up on that. If you believe in that interdimensional thing, that wormbole theory, the portal, then how about if maybe some of these things that some people see it some people don't, or we see them and then they disappear. How about if they're interdimensional, if they're able to go and cross into our reality and then back into their dimension and back and that's why we see them and why we don't. So again, that is probably one of the juiciest theories that a lot of people are taking a look at and seems to be gaining some popularity. What I want to do is research this further and see what makes sense it doesn't, Brian, This is the scientific method. Do you come up with the hypotheses and you've floated out there and scientists will take a look at it and say, yes, this works or no it doesn't. So that's what we need to do. I think we need to make our voices heard. I think we need to make our profession as sasquatch hunters or believers a little bit more academics and scientific to get not just the respect of the scientific community, but also their assistance to reach some conclusions rather than being laughed at and scoffed at by these academics who have this condescen and attitude.
Speaker 1: Let's definitely get into something here that has really stuck in my crawl. I've literally started in a podcast not specifically to talk about hoaxers, but two address the hoaxing issue that we have in bigfoot. You talk a little bit about that in your books. You mentioned Jerry Crew earlier. Let's get into some of the other cases that you've researched and taken a look at that you feel like has effected bigfoot research community, because I certainly think it has such a huge impact on not only researchers who have good evidence that try to put forward good evidence and do good research, good citizen scientists that go out into the woods and look for these creatures in the right way. In my opinion, how do you feel like in your research you have seen hoaxers and hoaxes that have affected the bigfoot community. Does it continue to affect it and what can we do to help stop it?
Speaker 4: Yes? I claim that these hoaxers have sold their souls. They sold their souls for their fifteen minutes of fame, or they are thirteen pieces of gold. Ray Wallace was the one. He was at the Bluff Creek. All over the internet you could see photos of Ray Wallace's fake footprints next to the Big Prince and you could tell their faith. They're just their slopy, their crappy. But he was called out. Lord Coleman disputed not just the tracks, but Wallace's notoriety and the media, like I said earlier, was giving him all this attention and the variety. And Coleman said, quote, fakery not revealed is a lie that lives on into the future.
Speaker 3: End quote.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more sasquat chat to see will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: I'm glad he did that. He went ahead with Ray Wallace, but he was a serial hoaxer and he was found out. He did a whole lot of things. He had a rubber gorilla suit that he claimed he found in Georgia, and just all kinds of other things. He's just like a nutcase. And I talk about Rick Dyer, he was the one. He was Ray Wallace's pal but he found the rubber gorilla suit he claimed was a big food that was in Georgia, and a bunch of other things. But I talk a lot about the pilt Down Man and the Minnesota Iceman. Those are interesting. The Piltdown Man, there was an attorney and an amateur fossil collector named Charles Dawson. What he did was he claimed that he found this thing called the Piltdown Man. Now they found out later that it was a hoax. It was an old human skull thousands of years old that he used iron oxide and everything else to make it look even older. He had an orangutang jaw. They filed down the teeth to make it look more human. But here's the thing in Germany. This is in England with Charles Dawson with the Piltdown Man. In Germany they had the Heidelberg Man. Now, the Heidelberg Man was an original hominoid that they found and it was millions of years old and everything. So Germany had their claim the same. This thing, the Piltdown Man, became a symbol of nationalism with Great Britain. So there were a lot of people, scientists and politicians that looked the other way, when Charles Dawson was bringing this out and showing this to the world, they didn't utilized the scientific method. It held science back for years and years because people were hanging on to that hoax. So they did a great disservice. They the politicians and the scientists who were doing this in the guise of flying that nationalistic flag. So that's how the piltdown Man was just wrapped up in just a whole lot of other things other than just a hoax. It became an important thing. They wanted it to be real. The other one was the Minnesota Iceman. There was this Carny Frank D. Hanson. Hanson claimed a whole lot of things. He claimed that he found this missing link floating in a case of ice off the coast of Siberia, and he also founded in a meat market in Japan, and all these other things. He kept on changing his story. But Ivan Sanderson and Bernard Holbemann and Olman was the father of crypto zoology. Ivan Sanderson coined the term crypto zoology. These got duped by the Minnesota icepan. They desperately wanted to find the missing link, so they took a look at this it was just a late Tech soup. They claimed that it was real. They claim that Frank Hansen changed the actual men Minnesota icepan to one of late texs and that's what they later saw. But they claimed that what they soul is true. But it clearly got duped and they were hoaxed. And again these were people that you know, we looked upon as people that were further in crypto zoology. But with the Minnesota Iceman, they got sucker punch and again that's a black eye for SaaS QUADTRII for all of us. When one person gets harm, real get harm. And in my book, I go after these hoaxers again. I claimed that they've sold their souls. There's nothing good about that. I'm sure that in our field we have people that claim that they've seen a sasquatch or two and maybe they're just saying that, but we don't know. Unfortunately, we have to take everybody's work at this. It's a matter of trust and respect. Everybody has our trust and respect until they prove us wrong. We have to realize when you talk about the whole tapestry of Bigfoot, you know the hoaxers are part of that as well as the popular culture. So it's hard to look at the whole zeitgeist without looking at some of these things that may be problematic. They are problematic.
Speaker 1: So in the book you also talk about some environmental aspects of bigfoot lore.
Speaker 3: I want to ask a two part question here.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about that, how do you feel the Sasquatch phenomenon has affected positive or negative wilderness conservation effort? Here's the second part of that question that I want to throw at you. Again, it's obviously an opinion question here, but some people say that the government is involved in some vast cover up. There's this huge conspiracy theory that the government is hiding everything that they know about Bigfoot because one of the arguments is the impact that it could have on conservation, it could have on the lumber industry.
Speaker 3: That's a two part question.
Speaker 1: How do you feel in general the Bigfoot phenomenon has affected positive or negative wilderness conservation efforts? And do you think there is a possibility that the government is covering up and there is some vast conspiracy to cover up Bigfoot by the government because of what it may do for conservation efforts and or the lumber industry.
Speaker 4: As far as the environmental thing. Yeah, I think there's a lot of people that go out into the woods looking for sas Qunch that respect the environment and realize that we have to preserve and all that. But I think we can do a better job with that. I think that Sasquatch seekers should have louder voices. I think that we should be advocates for the environment. I think if we did that, that's just like a wonderful mission that we can do. That sort of raises our visibility and our profile in a very positive way. Following the philosophy of job On Mure, the guy that started the Sierra Club, and it was a naturalist that talked about you could see God in the woods and you could find yourself and going into the woods is the way to discover the universe. He talked about the wilderness in godlike terms and spiritual terms. John Mure was one, There's th Row another. There has been a whole bunch of naturalists that have done this. So I think that we Sasquatch people need to do the same thing, but we need to be more passionate about it. I advocate for that. I think that's something that we definitely need to do. The other thing, that's a great question. Somebody brought that up just last week. Let's just say that the government took sasquat seriously and believed that there's cryptids out there. Somebody said that we got to go preserve them. We got to go and make sure that they don't become extinct. So the first thing that happens is that they would go and curtail logging in certain areas. They would go to restrict logging and with acreage and all that, they would have a preserve. Yeah, there would be a sh shootout and you could just see the sides, the people gathering sides, the environmentalists, the pro bigfoot versus the pro industry. It's a hard one. Even in places like California, there's a little chipmunk or something that's going extinct that they have laws where you can't log or doing anything in that area, so just to protect that. But there's plenty of examples of that. But I'll tell you what, with global warming, with all the things that are happening with climate change, there are more and more species that are being eliminated on a regular daily basis. But on the same token, these biologists discovering new species every day, So there's a hunt out there to go and find these unknown species. Why we still can't I have the statistic and the lost tribes of Bigfoot. I think there's only something like twenty eight percent of the species that are actually known and identified. That's how immense is. So then we're talking about insects, you know, birds and math. There's a lot out there that we don't know. I'm still holding out, even though I'm more into the intercimensional theory. I have my feet in both the realms. I still hope that we're going to find one. Treat it right, be respectful, think about that. What do we do if we find one?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 4: And that's crazy, man, I don't know what do we do. I think we all go crashy it at the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've actually.
Speaker 1: Talked about that on this show and on my other podcast, that Bigfoot Podcast, about having some conversations in the community as researchers having a standard operating procedure.
Speaker 3: There are individual groups who have that.
Speaker 1: The North American Wood Ape Conservancy that operate out an area X, they certainly have a protocol if they collect a specimen or they find one of these creatures that has passed away naturally.
Speaker 3: They have a protocol in place, and that's great for them, But what about me.
Speaker 1: I'm on forty acres here in North Carolina. If I go out and find a dead sasquatch tomorrow, who do I call? I've got my rollodex of people that I know in the community. I'm probably going to call doctor Jeff Meldrum, I'm gonna call barrackmin I'm gonna call Doug high Check. Doug would be the person that's on that list. But for Joe Shmoe, who's out hunting and maybe shoots one of these things, or if he finds one who's naturally passed away, there is no protocol, and I think we need to have some of those conversations. It's difficult because we can't even have conversations on whether they're flesh and blood or inter dimensional creatures. So it's very difficult to even have those kind of conversations. But I think we need to start moving in that direction in my opinion, because it's gonna happen. Eventually, somebody's gonna find one of these things. Something's gonna happen. They're gonna be discovered, and everybody's just gonna go off, the rails go into their own directions. I'm really concerned about what might happen. Let's talk a little bit about the different cultural lenses that people see the Sasquatch phenomena through. Obviously it crosses cultures. Everybody sees this a little bit differently. What is your opinion on how culturally Bigfoot is seen and what do you think that tells us about the possible origins of these creatures. I'll tell you about with the culture of technology, with the younger demographics, what's happening is that bigfootism going away?
Speaker 4: Now it has more of a presence on the internet, on TV. There's more motion pictures coming out. A legend of Boggie Creek that sort of kicked off this thing that they didn't spend a whole lot of money to make it, and they raked in the money. Money is the incentive. Boggie Creek showed us that there's a way to go. So there's been a whole lot of documentaries made to support that culture of Bigfoot. But I think the culture is getting bigger. I think more people are talking about it. And in my book, I think the most controversial chapter in my book is Bigfoot the New Religion. When people go out into the woods and share that brotherhood, there's a bond, there's shared values, there's that camaraderie, there's that belief in a higher power. There's the sacrifice, the communion. Call it what you will do, and it's not disrespectful. It's just the way to. In my book, I talk about I'm a baby boomer. We were born between nineteen forty six and nineteen sixty four. In my chapter is Bigfoot in the Religion, sixty four percent of us Baby boomers believed in God and organized religion. So that's fine, that's our call, that's our business. With Generation Z, after Baby Boomers, we had Generation X, the millennials of Generation Z, Generation Z born after nineteen ninety seven, the oldest ones that were twenty seven years old. Twenty four percent of the Generation's Z believes in God or organized religion. So we went from like sixty four to twenty four. So whatever that's all about, I'm not quite sure. I think there's a lot of people are running away from organized religions for a lot of reasons. It's not satisfying because I'm giving them what they need, But man does need to worship and to have some sort of a spiritual component. But if we need to go and express that, how do we do it. I contend that for a lot of people, the search for Bigfoot becomes our church, our religion. I don't think that's a controversial thing. Maybe some Christians may think that it's being sacrilegious or defaming, but that's not my intent. It's just that it's just what it is. I remember reading an article about one of the Brazilian soccer players. That's a religion where whatever that guy's middle name was or whatever, Diego. All these guys down in South America were naming their kids Diego. It was like a religion. They get together and they go to the soccer matches, getting together for a common purpose. There's strength in numbers, that there's magic. It's just an amazing thing. I have all the respect for the people that look, you know, the flesh and blood hunters for scentspent I'm just asking, and it's really none of my business, but I'm just saying that we all collectively need to go and talk about the environment a little bit more than we have been to make that part of our platform. And who we are, we're respectful the environmental Again, going back to what you said about I like the idea of having a protocol. Should we find one, either a living one or a dead one, what do we do? We need a protocol. The other thing is, and listen to this, God forbid the person that shoots one man, they don't want to be on this planet. They want to take a ride to Neptune or Venus or someplace. Because that is that's a null, that's crossing a red line, that's a major violation.
Speaker 1: After you've written this book, you've gotten into the research, and you've dove headfirst into the Bigfoot phenomenon. Is there any compelling piece of evidence or group of compelling pieces of evidence for you that you have found that would convince you beyond the shadow of doubt without actually seeing one of these creatures of their existence. How do you feel about the arguments for or against that evidence, whether it be the anecdotal accounts that people share. Is it a piece of video, is it a culmination of those things? What is it for you as far as the evidence that we can vinci that these things.
Speaker 3: Are in fact real?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me answer that, but let me go someplace else with us if I could. The one thing I found in my book is that there's a war going on. There's no love in Bigfootland. The scientists look down on the crypto zoologist, you know, some of the flesh and blood guys look down on people like me. I'm the doctor wu things like that. So, I mean there's infighting. Certainly in Western Pennsylvania. There's going to reach a point where there's oversaturation with all these experts. There's I don't know how many brand new expos have popped up in Western Pennsylvania, not only in Chestnut rich but in all the areas around that. It's huge. So it's a business. It's a cottage industry, but at some point we get tapped out. I was invited last year to Ellisburg to there what is it central Pennsylvania. The first time around, Gwen and Michael Purssell had something like five thousand people that came to a rural Realiesburg to check this out, which was really phenomenal to have that many people because most of these expos are in Western Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: And stay tuned for more.
Speaker 1: Sasquat Jotasy will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Again what I said with the proof, I think that the foot casts the gate. I think doctor Jeff Meldrome. I had a chance to meet him last year in the o'calla Florida Bigfoot Expo. Jeff was there a whole bunch of people. David plads with just a number of people. But he's been able to go and look at this scientifically and look at the stride the gate, measuring this and everything and comparing the locomotion of these cript kids with humans, finding that there's a lot of just impactful evidence that these bigfoot prints and strides are different than certainly bigger than human feet, bigger than their feet. A lot of people I have a chapter on the black Bears. There's some researchers that believe that we were mistaking a bigfoot for these black bears. Black bears may stand up and walk for a short time, but they walk on four legs, not on two. So the one thing too that caused me to have more of a belief my neighbor, and he's in the book. My neighbor is Joe Lipinski. Joe is a medical technician. Pretty sound mined that we were out for dinner and very nonchalantly. Joe told me that he saw not one, but two bigfoot. One was a larger black one, one was cinnamon. He saw them. He was in the cemetery, and he showed me exactly where they were. My wife and I went out there several times, walked along the tree line, walked along the trails to look for evidence the Bigfoot. They walked like humans. They turned around, it looked like him, like they were curious. And then they walked past the tree line into the thing. I called Stan Gordon, I called Eric Altman, I called Tim Renner. These are the Bigfoot guys in Pennsylvania. I gave them the information. Stan wrote it up, and I think the other guys that they called and took his statement. That's in my hometown. That's pretty bizarre.
Speaker 3: We've talked about it all evening long.
Speaker 1: Let's tell everybody where they can find the book, The Lost Tribes of Bigfoot. Do you have a website? Where's the best place for them to pick it up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well you could either call Hanger one, contact Haanger one. They could use the money more than Jeff Bezos. If you don't want to go to Hanger one, go to Amazon dot com. Jeff's a billionaire, but that's okay too. My website is www dot Maximfuric dot com and maxlam if youre ek dot com, so you can contact me there and look at my other books.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: I'm having a wonderful ride. I've been doing this for a number of years. But the paranormal community has been very welcoming, warm and we can agree to disagree. That's fine, we don't have to be on the same page. But I think it's important. Ron Murphy said this. He said, it's important that we have this dialogue, we have this discussion, and that's what we're doing. Hopefully, at the end of the day we're going to come to some conclusions and some results, and that's all we're doing. In the meantime, these discussions are important. Again, Brian, I can't thank you enough for what you do with Sasquatch Odyssey, and in your good work, you're helping to bring more honor, respect, and dignity to our field.
Speaker 2: We need that.
Speaker 4: We need that with a scientific, common sense approach. Those are my two cents or my three cents. Yeah, I want to thank If your listeners are enjoying this podcast, check out the Lost Tribes of big Pooling. One last thing I'm going to say about that it has IBT. It has immersive book technology, and that is brand new for the field. I think it's eight places in my book you'll see a QR code, a bar code where you take your phone, your iPhone, just hit it with the camera and press a little yellow rectangle and then you'll see a three minute, four minute video of me doing a synopsis of these chapters, which will probably be in your next book too. It's really awesome technology. I can't believe it. It works works. I want to congratulate Doug and Alex Hidcheck for doing that, their trend setters, and just think about that, like this technology being utilized with a company, Hanger One that specializes in Bigfoot in UFOs. I mean, this is amazing. Not the Smithsonian or any other prestigious scientific magazine, but Hanger One that specializes in Bigfoot in UFOs. It's pretty amazing. Yeah, just the kudos for them.
Speaker 1: Excellent stuff. I will make it easy for you guys. It will be linked in the show notes. All you got to do is click the link right there, go check out the Lost Tribes of Bigfoot. Maxim, thank you so much for coming on the show. I've had a blast talk to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah YouTube, Brian, thank you, good luck with your career. Hopefully we talk again soon. And in one of your other podcasts, they say you don't have a go, but you.
Speaker 2: Can't stay.
Speaker 6: Said step step, side steps.
Speaker 5: Trying this job, that chid everything, call me, ride back, crying back joy.
Speaker 3: From me, enjoy staying right there, come.
Speaker 5: It right away, still stays ssssst.
Speaker 1: Not not
Speaker 6: Not ussamessstssssssssss