Speaker 1: It's a nice size.
Speaker 2: Dan Ray undoing Mazie Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: Well, we just finished a very interesting hour with the Israel's Consul general to New England, newly designated it has only been here six months, Benjamin Benny SHARONI and I thought if you listened to the last hour, you would have gotten a really good insight into how the government of Israel sees the situation as of today on the ground of the Middle East. Obviously, the Diplomatic Corps speaks consistently with the government. And I've got a couple of callers who would like to continue to talk about the Middle East. And as I have often said, and I will continue to say, my audience is the one that dictates the issues. So we can talk about this, and if this doesn't interest you sufficiently, we can go back to the questions of earlier tonight. I don't don't want to mix the two topics, to be honest with you, I'd like to stay on the Middle East.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And when we exhaust that, we can go back to the efforts by ICE in several American major American cities, including Boston, to round up h illegal aliens who for whom there are warrants and known gang members and which which we covered in the nine o'clock hour with Boston City Council and Flynn. Let me start this hour off with my friend Jack and Newton. Jack, I got your email today. I'm very sorry that you had that experience. Let's let's leave that for another conversation. Let's talk Middle East on Jack reporter.
Speaker 5: Uh, the Palestinians have had an opportunity to have a stay going back forty years with Clinton and then later with the Barack and they just well, I have they wanted the whole pie and now they have no pie. You know, they wanted everything you want people to return. They wanted all of is whatever. If they had just taken part of the not part of taking the West Bank and Gaza forty years ago, they would have had a state, but they would have had to keep it a state and not be allowed to be taken over by extremists. Now, if you asked me, I'm very pessimistic about a Palestinian state for two reasons. One, again, they're going to be very stupid. They want everything, you know what I mean, go compromises. And also, Israel is facing the fact that Hamas and their groups are taking over the West Bank. This is a very serious situation because they have a very weak, sclerotic leadership. The Palestinians corrupt. They could have had a state many times over, and they blew it.
Speaker 3: Jack blew it. On this one. You and I are singing from the same page. The other thing which I don't think most Americans understand is that the physical dimension of the state of Israel is very similar, both in terms of its length and its width, and the state of New Jersey. It would be like saying to New Jersey, we want you to give up part of your state and so that the Palestinians can move in there, or that the people from the Bronx can move in there. I just think that, you know, there's so much land in the Middle East, and there's so many places that Hamas could relocate their proximity to Israel. Obviously, if if Hamas was not proximate to Israel, they never would have been able to have launched the attack on October seventh. And if I'm an Israeli, you know, diplomat, why would I even want to consider a two state solution within the geographical confluence of Israel.
Speaker 5: If I could respond to that. I think I would, respectfully, you know, disagree with you. I think that the West Bank from Name down to Hebron and below you could have a Palestinian state. You could have one. The problem is there's so many settlements that you'd have to cut it out and be like a cookie cutter. It can be very difficult. When they talk about a land swap. The Palestinians will have certain land, but they'll have the settlements, will have to move somewhere else. Look at the movement that we could since nineteen seventy six specifically wanted to put those settlements to destroy the.
Speaker 6: Possibility of a Palestinian state.
Speaker 5: And that's a given. They made the settlements, so many settlements, half a million settlers there. That's going to be very difficult. But there is the land. The land is there, and now with Gaza, which could be rebuilt into a beautiful country. I don't take decades, but you have the land there. The question is you know, is there the will to do it and will not will harm us and other take over from the moderate telestiions. That's a very serious shoe.
Speaker 3: Well, I will only say three three words to you on that, or four words the past is prologue. We've seen that movie before, Jack, in my opinion, all right, thanks for you calling my friend. Be Well, I'm sorry about that experience you you wrote to me about today that that had.
Speaker 6: To be we'll talk about.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about another time. Okay, thank you to Let me go to David san Antonio. Dave, you had a big event in San Antonio today with seven police officers shot. If I, if I listened to the evening news correctly, I hope that was nowhere near where you live.
Speaker 4: It wasn't, but uh, I was near where my daughter work, and UH worry about her job. But I with the issue today, I I I don't think there's a solution. The only solution is to settle it one way or another by winning or losing. I mean, it's if we experience it right here in America. If you're Jewish or even of Jewish heritage like me. I'm Catholic, but my father was a Jew and by that side of my family are Jewish. And when they when living in Detroit and that neighborhood on seven miles, found out with a mosque, found out that I was of Jewish heritage. My daughter was delivering their newspaper two hundred houses she delivered on that's on seven miles and they were down at the Detroit News distributorship saying, take that little jew, go off that news rap up. We're going at killer.
Speaker 3: Okay again, Dave, you know, I understand the trauma of that, but I just think that that that's not going to be helpful for the conversation tonight. That's all I mean. Again, if you want to talk about what's going on in.
Speaker 4: The Middle East, the hostilities, the hostilities are worldwide, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Look, I understand there are bad people. Understand there are bad people on both sides. Okay, but again, you're telling me a story I don't know. I think I know you well enough to know that that happened several years ago, maybe many years ago. I just I don't want to this is This is not a program to ear personal grievances. I don't know the story. I know you're a true tellent age.
Speaker 4: It's not a personal a grievance. Then, I'm just trying to point out that the issue in Israel is worldwide.
Speaker 3: I understand that, I understand that, and as I said, I don't think a two state solution is possible either. That's what I'm saying. So I think I think we arrive at the same conclusion. I look at it and the way I try to explain it to people, And I'd love to get your response to this Israel. People think of Israel or it must be some big country. It's the size of New Jersey. It's surrounded by enemies. It's surrounded by enemies. And to say, well, they can give away half the country to Palestinians. The problem was, you have Gaza, and you have this this horrific stew of hatred bubbling up there, and all of a sudden one Saturday morning, they said, let's go over into Israel and let's kill twelve hundred people, let's kidnap another couple one hundred people, and let's just turn the world upside down. I don't think you and they were doing it on bicycles in mopeds. It wasn't a military and you know it was. It was like a gang fight almost, and and and that is it can only have occurred because of the proximity. I'm agreeing with you in terms of how difficult it is to solve this problem. And my suggestion to the console general was find a country that apparently is happy to have the hootie rebels there and uh and half a mass move lock, stock and barrel to the Yemen and and see if they can get along with the Hooties. Right right, That's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You were setting me as your neighbors.
Speaker 3: Just no, I understand that. Yeah, No, I get the point, and I think that's I think we agree on the point. The example that you give me obviously was traumatic for your daughter and traumatic for you, But I just would rather bring it, bring it out to the top.
Speaker 4: We're trying to out on the examp. Well, just try to house the fact that it's worldwide, that attitude towards Jewish people, It's not just there.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right, I mean, look, you had, you had the programs in Russia going back, you know, decades, centuries. Uh, You've you've had Jewish people the experience of the Holocaust. I mean, it's happened in different areas of the world, and and we've had anti Semitism in this country for many years. I don't understand it because wherever Jewish people have existed nothing but prosperity, has occurred. I mean, you know, why would you not want Jewish people in your community. There are a group of people that they're not that many of them around the world, but generally there's prosperity. Uh And I don't I don't understand it. You know, I here in Boston. I grew up in a part of Boston which was very close to Mattapan, and it was I don't know if you have been in Boston, but Bluehill Avenue I remember as a boy it was filled with Jewish markets. There were bakeries, and there were there were you know, meat markets and stores and it was it was wonderful Saturday morning. My dad would take us and we would go shopping at these small shops and we knew all all these people. I don't understand the the the instinctive animis that exists in the world towards Jewish people. I don't. And having visited Utts in the mid nineteen in nineteen eighty six and won in an Emmy Award from my reporting there to everybody in the world should visit places like Auschwitz U and every student should should have to in American schools learn about the Holocaust.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 3: The cost of the cost of World War two. I get emotional about this stuff. David. I happen to be like you, happen to be Catholic. I was born Catholic. You're obviously a convert. But it's uh, it's it's frightening to think that that history seems to constantly repeat itself against a group of people who have done nothing other than you know, create, invent, uh, energize and produce. I mean that the most productive group of people in the world. I mean, we wouldn't have have won them the race to the Moon without scientists. Anyway, I got a run. I will talk to you soon, Okay, be well, be well, it's good night. Thank you, Dave, appreciate it. We'll take a break six one, seven thirty. There's one line there, and there's two lines at six one seven nine.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'll be happy to talk about this, but again it's up to you, you, the audience, decide. We'll be back on night Side after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan ray Line from the window World night Side Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, back to the phone. Let me go to Gary in New Jersey. Hey, Gary, welcome back, Happy.
Speaker 1: To Jersey and Dan good show tonight. Thank you very much yourself.
Speaker 3: We're doing okay. We're doing okay. A few days often and feel energized.
Speaker 1: Go ahead at that at our age, that's about pretty good. Feel okay. But now with the Palace anything, not having any hostages there, I got no skin in the game. But after what they did on the seventh at that rock concert and all the you know, just everything that they did, yep, my feeling if I is an expansion, they are never going to be friends with this rad And I know there's people there, there's children, screw them, get rid of them. I have to watch your back. Yeah, And I can't see how you can live like that. And well that's a whole bunch of Arab countries opening up their doors. Come on, come on over here.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no. And obviously hesbo lah. You know, basically Lebanon had been a Christian country. Uh, that country was overthrown aside in Syria. He was no friend. And just you look at at the Middle East and you look at the swaths of land that Israel. You know, the Jewish people developed the state of Israel. Israel was a desert when they got there. Uh, absolutely it's it's unbelievable and productive. Yeah, that's the point. And give the Palestinians a parcel of land somewhere. There's plenty of areas in Jordans, in Egypt, et cetera. Right, why do they have why do they have to live next door? You're in New Jersey, Okay.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: If you look at a map, truly New Jersey is almost identical, not only in shape but in contour. And it's similar to It's it's on the Atlantic Ocean as opposed to Israel is uh, you know, from from the river to the.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And as an American and I am a Jew, I'm a conservative to that practices and all of that. And my wife's a Catholic, you know, she practice is very spiritual, so you know, but one thing, and like I just said, as an American, there are only stable ally in the region, So why would we not want them to be as secure as possible, especially if things in that region have to happen with Iran and any of the other places.
Speaker 3: It ran in Iraq, in Syria and for that matter, Turkey, Libya. Libya was a pain in the butt for for decades that I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know my son did two tours in Iraq. He was in the infantry and he got wounded but came back fine. But he said one thing and I always remembered it, and I used to feel the same way. He said, everyone wanted to kill me was a Muslim, And you know, that kind of says it all. And you know, do something with them, whatever they got to do. But Israel needs to be secure to this country state. And I just want to say one other thing. All those students that were protesting from the river to the sea, which most of them didn't know which river or which sea.
Speaker 3: But and by the way, for those who don't, for those who don't know, the Jordan River is on one side of Israel and on the other side of the Israel is the Mediterranean Sea. And that's what they were talking about. It was too early. The river to the sea means of Israel would be eliminated.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And you know what I really can't. I mean, I grew up in an old Jewish and Italian neighborhood. As a matter of fact, in my neighborhood where I grew up in New York, you really didn't have to speak English long as you could speak Italian or Yiddish. We all got it.
Speaker 3: You did have any Irish kidchen, You didn't have any Irish kidchen in your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Guy, we only went over to see the Irish kids, uh, with sticks, and they only came to visit us that way. Hey, That's how it was. But you know, we got along in everything, and I never I never really found any anti Semitism. And I've always been in things that are not typical the Jews.
Speaker 3: You know, I lived there. I grew up in a neighborhood that was predominantly Irish and Italian, and I never heard the Old Irish utter any epithet towards Jewish people. They highly respected. The Old Irish used to have twenty words for Italians, none of which I'd want to repeat on the radio. But they revered, Uh, you know the Jewish. You know, the grocers and the bakers and the butchers on Blue Hill Avenue in Boston and in Matapan.
Speaker 1: When you and I were growing up, things were more ethnic than they are today. And I think that's because we were all first generation or maybe second generation.
Speaker 3: I also, I also think there's a whole thing to the to the to the ladder, meaning you know, the first people were here with the Pilgrims, and you know, and that was what we call here in New England the old Yankees, uh. And they were in the show. And then along came my four Beers, the Irish from the Potato famine, and they were on the next rung of the ladder. And then in came the East. Well in came the Italians and the other Europeans and and you know, it's and then there was you know, Jewish immigration in the in the nineteen thirties. And it's it's the ladder, and it's the people that you disliked the most, not of the the people who are above you on the ladder, on the wrong of the ladder, of these people who are under you, because you're fearful they're going to get past you.
Speaker 1: I know one thing, my grandfather and I was, you know, alive. He came here. He was from Russia, and he was fourteen years old and had to go in to drop stuff off in his village from their farm and got conscripted into the Russian army and like nineteen oh three they just took him. He was in there five years, came home on leave and said I'm going to America.
Speaker 3: He was there in time for the Russian Japanese War, the Russia Japan Japanese War.
Speaker 1: The funny part is he's here nineteen seventeen, he gets drafted into.
Speaker 4: The World War.
Speaker 3: So, you know, but everything Gary.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But I'll say one thing. Those people there are our friends Israel, and they we have a big connection to them, more than we do any of those other Arab countries, and we need to support them for our benefit.
Speaker 3: But I also think that the Abraham Accords might be the bridge that that could slowly be built so that countries in the Middle East, you know, like the Arab Emirates, the uae all, you know, in Saudi Arabia, they can see Israel. And I think that that peace with Israel will will will make literally the economies of the Middle East bloom.
Speaker 1: And you know what, life is so short. I had a year of war and that was more than enough to satisfy me for two lifetimes. I would think these people would want to get to yether and say, like you said, hey, let's do so I'm good here and really with the Palestinians. If they would have looked at Israel and use that as a template, they'd be doing swell today.
Speaker 3: So sad, so sad Yey Gary, Thanks Man, I got the news. I gotta run, Thanks Man, talk to you so happy New York talkson coming back on Nightside. Here's the news. I got a couple of more open lines. If you want, we can talk to me the least here. If not, we'll switch topics six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. The world is a small place, ladies and gentlemen. Believe me, it's a small place. And if the Middle East ever blew up, we would all feel the flames. Trust me on that. It is a Walt Disney headed right. It is a very small world. And if you have questions or concerns and you'd like to join the conversation, feel free. Back on Nightside right after the.
Speaker 2: News, Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Back we go. Let's go to Wildowne in Long Island. Hey will welcome back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 6: Hey Dan? How you doing so? I'm half Irish, half Italian, and you know my great grandparents on the Irish side were from Ireland. My grandparents on my mother's side were from Italy, so I know all the names that were used for both sides. I heard them all the time from one side to the other side. And then in New York they all lived in the same neighborhood, like I'm sure, like in Boston, you know, and like you know, and the Jews also, you know. And I think what you call was saying like we were more ethnic back then, yeah, because the people were here. But I think he meant for white people, because you know, the amalgamation of the white race really happened here in the United States hundreds of years ago, seventeen hundreds or so. You you you said that an Irishman was the same race as an Englishman. I mean, that was absurd. You know, the thought of that was ridiculous. You know, there were laws on the books and the sixteen hundreds that kill in the Irishman was a kind of killing a dog. You know, it wasn't the same as as the night.
Speaker 3: But no, all I was what I was saying, No, please don't misinterpret what I was saying. What I was saying was that the English arrived first, and they kind of ruled the roost politically and in every other way.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, I get down. I'm just making a separate point. I mean, I know that you weren't saying that at all. I mean, you know, the totem pole was still there today, you know, like I mean, the last one in right, I mean, the signs used to say what Irish need not apply after we were released from indentured servitude or whatever Irish need not apply. And then the Italians came in and they said, oh, look at these gas balls. They don't even speak English. So the Irish moved up a notch, you know what I mean. And then next sign in the window, yeah, next, you know. But you know, when we're talking about the Jews here in Israel, I get a little bit surprised when I hear Christians with an anti Semitic viewpoint. The first thing I say to them is, you know, Jesus, you're a Christian, right, Like you know the way to the Lord and the Light is through Jesus, and like, you know Jesus was a Jew. Wait, no, let me correct that Jesus is a Jew right now, at the hand of the Father resurrected, he's a Jew, and soos his father, right, So yeah, the whole crew, the whole people that you worship, all your saints, all these people are Jews, right, and it's hard for me to understand that disconnect that you can worship this Lord and Savior and understand that he was preaching Judaism right and not understand that right. And then you know, to see, there are people in the United States that will say things like the Holocaust didn't happen, or it was embellished, or my grandfather fought in Germany. My grandfather fought in Italy as an Italian. Believe it or not, but my grandfather fought in Germany. And I'll never forget when he told me the story about his unit opening up the gates to a concentration camp and he's like, you could smell the death from you know, miles away and something that like affected him for his whole life. We didn't call it them. You know, it wasn't PTSD back then. It was like shell shock these guys have. You could see when you know, he would talk about it, how affected he was by it. And you know, you just said at a moment, a though, you don't understand the animus that people have around the world really towards you know, what are there maybe thirteen fourteen million Jews in the entire world and the entire world, and believe it or not, in the entire world, there's only thirteen to fourteen million Jews. And you know, we made this place for Israel and for Lebanon, and basically we've been trying to, you know, since the Crusades, really free that place from the Muslim horde that kept overrunning it. I don't believe there'll ever be true peace in Israel as long as people that want to kill them live within their country and enjoy all this thing freedoms. You know, if you're a Palestinian or you're a Muslim in Israel and you're a Muslim woman, you can become a doctor, you can get educated, you can do more in Israel than you can do in the Arab world. And somehow people have convinced you that they're the enemy's I'm in shock, you know. And as long as well, I.
Speaker 3: Think, if you if you just pound it into people's heads, I feel unfortunately people will buy that, you know, I mean, you know, you just for meat, the big lie, just keep repeating the big lie. That's what Hitler, did you know?
Speaker 6: I mean, and The sad part is, you know that I believe that if Palestine had the opportunity to vote again, they would vote in another group of people that believe River to the sea. It does not matter how much damage Israel inflicks in Palestine, It does not matter how many buildings they knock down, It does not matter, no matter what, even though it is Hamasque that put them in this situation. And the Palestinians will find a way to blame the Jews. They're that brainwashed right now. And what's your option here? What's your option if you're Israel, are you supposed to continue to live? Listen? They advanced their borders in nineteen sixty seven. In reality, they really have the right to do whatever they want in that land. A lot of all the cultures would not allow those people to even.
Speaker 4: Stay, okay.
Speaker 6: And when they talk about giving a land back, who they supposed to give it back to Egypt and Jordan? They say, give it back, but to who? Where? Where did the land come from? Came from Egypt and Jordan. We're supposed to give it back to them. Why won't Egypt take the people back? Why won't Jordan take these people back? Nobody wants them, and they become Israel's problem, and at some point some harsh reality has to set in that they probably can't coincid they can't coexist peacefully together. All right, Dan, I talked to ao aod No.
Speaker 3: I think you make all the sense in the world. I think, oh, you make all the sense in the world. And I wish I had. I wish I had a retort that disagree with you, but I don't. I don't you chant. Thanks, I talk to you soon. Let me get Gary and Wubert in here before the break. Gary, I'll give you a break so you don't have to wake through the break. Go ahead, Gary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that last call Carlin was outstanding. I'm not a very smart guy, but at sixty one years of age, two things I've caught on to the years the Italians in the Irish combination of doing the mafia way back when. And you can answer this question.
Speaker 1: Did the Italians.
Speaker 7: Violently try to get rid of the Irish like crazy so they could take over the mafia and everything? Is that correct?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think that's correct at all.
Speaker 7: I think they well what I'm getting at.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I think that's incorrect. But go ahead, what's your what's your next question?
Speaker 7: Well, the point I'm trying to make it a tribute question to you. It's a very simple answer. Let's just say the Jewish people, men, women, who had money. That's that they wanted to get involved in mafia. So fore, way back on, because it was a daily occurrence, you know, gambling.
Speaker 3: Question there was there wasn't you there was a Jewish mafia Mayo Landski and people like that.
Speaker 7: They were not Italian, right, But what I'm trying to say is that uh, mostly Italian and Irish and Suffolk. But what I'm getting at is this, what was the number one uh business for the Jewish people to get involved where they had to strangle all of the mafia. So where do the Jewish people going to make all the money?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 7: The answer? Right?
Speaker 3: I think I think the Jewish people uh emphasized education, just as Asian families emphasized education uh in America, and I think that is how they I think I think that's how how how any group of people succeed. And you know, Jewish people are are successful in a whole bunch of area in in art, in theater, in business, in academia. I think that's what I believe. I don't know what you think I believe, but that's what I believe.
Speaker 7: Very good, that's number one. And uh uh education in that business?
Speaker 3: And are you are you giving me? Are you giving me? Are you giving me a test and a grade? Here? Gary? Or were having a conversation? Which is it?
Speaker 1: Both?
Speaker 7: The last out of the answer is this Hollywood. They made all the money in Hollywood they got said.
Speaker 3: I think I said, I think I said, arts and entertainment. I believe.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, very good. Last thing before you going to go to the break. Wasn't it a disgrace that woman who was a bishop what she said is to Trump? She should have been acknowledging him as the new president of the United States and giving him thumbs up and almost like saying right in front of the congregation to say, we hope you can get the grocery prices down, mister president. We're off for you. We need so many, so much help so badly. God is behind you right now. Wasn't it a disgrace how she talked?
Speaker 3: I do believed that was absolutely disgraceful because she didn't know, she couldn't read the room. She couldn't understand the circumstances and uh. And apparently from what I understand, she uh that the National Cathedral is I've heard is losing membership. I mean, it's a magnificent church. Uh. And for somehow she has become the the bishop and and she thought that that that gave her the right to uh. She she thought that she had the right the privilege to lecture the president, the and and the incoming president and vice president of the United States. She she took advantage of a situation. And I think she disgraced herself in by the way.
Speaker 7: You know who nominated her or got her to be in charge of that for that day. Nope, I do not know Amy klobahah. They're both from Minnesota, the bishop and Amy.
Speaker 3: Well, my understanding is that she is that she is the head of that particular of the National Cathedral. I could be wrong on that, but why don't you check it out. I don't think that Kloba shar brought her in from Minnesota. She may have brought her in from Minnesota or helped get her installed at some point in the past. But my understanding it would be like if President Trump were to visit the cathedral here in Boston. It would be probably the Archbishop of Boston.
Speaker 7: And now the new arch on radio.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanks very much appreciated. I passed Gary's test. All right, we're we got a few minutes left. I've got wide open lines. We've been trying to talk about the Middle East. We've had some interesting perspective, interesting calls which I do appreciate. But if you'd like to join, I give you a quick open line segment here. Any you want to talk about, or if you want to continue to talk about the Middle East, feel free, or if you want to make a comment on what ICE is doing now in the last seventy two hours, basically finding arresting with the intention of deporting criminal aliens. Love to hear from you on that. One six, one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three, one, ten thirty. We'll be right back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got just a few minutes left and the lines have gone quiet, which always disappoints me. But that's that's fine. If you'd like to jump on and talk about any issue you were more than you were more than welcome. We did tonight earlier talk about the efforts of ice ICE raids in Boston which have been conducted in the last seventy two hours. I'm very happy that those raids are underway. I kind of imagine why any person, politician or otherwise would want people here in their community who happened to be illegal any more than they would want people in their community who were US citizens and somehow were protected by politicians from being arrested, detained, and in the case of illegal aliens deported. Is there anyone out there who can explain to me the morality the morality of that? Is there anyone out there who can explain to me what purpose is served by that? I mean, if you have two people on a street. One is an American citizen who is a fugitive from justice, let us say, and across the street is an illegal alien who is also a fugitive from justice. Each of them either have been convicted or charged with crimes, serious crimes, murder, rape, or whatever. Would you say, well, no, they should just be allowed to stay, or do you take and arrest the American, indict the American put the American on trial and theoretically convict the American, while at the same time that same politicians is gonna say, no, we're going to allow the illegal alien to stay because sometimes because somehow this status is more sacrisanct than an American. It's insanity. If you want criminals living in your neighborhood, whether they're citizens or here illegally, and you do not want ICE to cooperate and the local authorities to cooperate with ICE to get those people out of your neighborhood, away from your family as fast as possible, then you are nuts or you are trying to somehow virtue signal for some bizarre reason. By the way, Gary, the woman who's the bishop of the National Cathedral, she's been there, I guess for about ten years. She was installed many years ago, or not many years ago, but I guess. Let me see, she was installed there, elected the ninth bishop in Washington and June eighteenth, twenty eleven, and as such she's the bishop of the National Cathedral. She's born in New Jersey. I do not see any connection to Amy Klobashar and the senator from Minnesota. Let me get Bill and Danvers in here wants to talk about ice. Bill, So happy to hear from you.
Speaker 8: All right ahead, Bill, Yeah, yeah, I think I give a call. I'm leaving Monday morning. I'm going to get out of here for warm climate for about eight nine days, so I can't take this, but yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Where are you headed? Where are you headed? By the way, where are you headed?
Speaker 8: I'm going to go to the Dominican Republic. I've been there before. It's you know, I looked at the weather. Looks good. It looks a lot better than he had done.
Speaker 3: You know, it's okay, that's okay. We'll hope, hope you have safe passage and enjoy yourself. And we got a minute or so here, go ahead. I'm trying to ask anyone out there can explained to me the insanity of wanting to protect criminals in your community from being arrested and put into the criminal justice system. And if you're a legal alien, deportation, if you're an American citizen, indictment and trial. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, from what I saw, and I actually saw where it could be a good political at for twenty twenty six. That guy from Haiti that they hauled off there, he was pretty Actually I was impressed. This is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, well he's been here a long time. Would would you like to hear his For those who missed it, this is the very interesting sound by Rob're gonna have you played for Bill and Danvers and for the audience real quickly. This is the Ice raid in Boston arresting a Haitian gang member who's apparently has seventeen outstanding charges. And he he's screaming and yelling as he's being put into a van cup thirty one, Rob.
Speaker 7: I'm not going back to Hayden, so you feel mean, no fighting, bro, take Obama anything that he played for me?
Speaker 3: Bolt, You're right that that that's that's that's an ad.
Speaker 7: For yeah, yeah, oh yeah. The picture.
Speaker 8: I mean it's worth a thousand where.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know I watched that.
Speaker 8: I had look at it a few times.
Speaker 6: I showed it that you know, I went into worked there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So we we played it. We played it a couple of times tonight, that's for sure. Bill. I am flat out a time. A couple of callers calling in a little late. So I'm gonna let you go enjoy your trip. Enjoy your trip. Call us when you get back. Thanks Bill, have a great night. For those of you who are calling at eleven fifty eight, sorry you're a little late. Rob Brooks, thank you very much. Marita a great job tonight. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where Mike Pal, Charlie Ray is who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who have passed. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see you tomorrow night on night Side. I will be on night Side with Dan Ray on Facebook in a few minutes. Won't be there long. Don't miss me. I'd love to have you give me a shout out and we'll give you a shout out on Facebook. Night Side with Dan Ray. Join me there in two minutes. Thanks everybody. Have a great Friday. Everybody, tgif