Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. We're going audio only today.
Speaker 2: Rubbish, no video, rubbish, rubbish.
Speaker 1: You can blame producer Rich doesn't have time to edit our ugly ass faces in a video. But we did want to come to you guys with the show because Super High Rollable Poo just wrapped. We're also coming off of pgt PLO series, so a bit to talk about here. We're gonna keep this one short and sweet. Of course, every time I say that, we end up going way too long, but this one I believe we do need to keep it pretty short, so we're just gonna keep it to those two things.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot happening in the world as it pertains to poker, namely the whole Chauncey Billups poker cheating and private Games scandal. Tim and I will hit on that on maybe the next episode after this, also, maybe with some more information comes out. There's been a lot of stuff about it coming out already. We'll give us a little bit of time to digest it all. But yeah, that that story is crazy, you know, But we'll obviously leave it at that, and we'll just keep it to the tournament scene, which my buddy loves to do over here. Yeah, yeah, all right, So super High Roller Bowl PLO.
Speaker 4: Baby, John, we're gonna lead with that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, listen, here's the deal. I'm a guy, I understand. But the biggest story out of this stuff is John reard In winning Super High Rollable PLO. So we're gonna lead with that, and then we're gonna work backwards. Okay, that's just how it is, because the king has earned his freaking crown. Baby, let's go King, John reard In. The set comes out as a thought. You said, it doesn't matter. It's going to change every time. Problem comes out. On top of the one hundred thousand dollars buy in Super High Roller Bowl PLO, he topped a thirty seven entry field. I know that might not sound like the biggest field. I know it is not the biggest field, as John said himself in the winter interview that I did with him. But still super deep, stacked, super prolonged structure, super super super tough competition across three days of action, you know, so this is not an easy tournament to win, even if it is just thirty seven entries. It's not easy to win these things. I mean, you got to freaking grind it out, so for him to come out on top, awesome job by him his largest ever live tournament score. I think his previous best was from like fifteen years ago or some than absolutely ridiculous forever ago. And uh, you know, he mentioned to me that it's been kind of bugging him in the back of his mind a little bit that that previous best was from so long ago.
Speaker 4: Went twenty and eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he won the WSP Circuit main event in Palm Beach chwiundred and ten k had a lot of six figures.
Speaker 1: Goes Now, now do it by like put it back in the normal stance and then scroll all the way down to his first cash that was exactly yep, how crazy is that?
Speaker 4: That's pretty so his.
Speaker 1: Previous but before he won the one point two five million dollars that he won in super high Rollable PLO, you know, just in whatever an hour or so ago, his previous best cash was fourteen or fifteen years ago, twenty eleven, you said, yeah, And it was also his first ever live trim and cast recorded by Hendon mobs. Yeah, wild, right, absolutely wild. To make things even crazier, he beat his college roommate in heads up play Sam's Overall. Now they both at the school in Gainesville. I believe, I don't. I don't. I don't know exactly how long silver All lasted, but Weird in quit after a year, went for a year. I think he was playing online poker and whatever said the heck with this and bounce.
Speaker 4: But college roommates.
Speaker 1: They then meet and heads up play in the biggest PLO tournament in the world.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just it's wild.
Speaker 1: Stuff, right, it's great, it's crazy, yeah, weird in one one million dollars, as I said, four hundred PGT points, he's very much going to be qualified.
Speaker 4: Lock put a luck on it.
Speaker 1: I mean you always say that, but I mean he's nine, he's a luck. I understand. But there are there are actually some very big events coming up on the PGT. The napt stuff is big. We added the Devias be Paradise stuff, so there is actually there is a world. I mean it would take like in absolute perfect world. But he could get knocked out of the season. I understand, I absolutely understand. But yeah, he's in ninth place on the PGT Lead Award, now crushing. He's one of the most frequent cash most frequent players on the PGT, so you know, for him, he's always here in the studio. He plays everything outside of the mixed game stuff. He'll play PLO. He might show up for one or two mixed games tournaments depending on what the mix is. He plays of course, all the no limits stuff, he'll play everything from five k's up to one hundred k's.
Speaker 4: He's in there battling always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So a little bit of validation in a way for him that he was actually able to get this victory, because you know, you can come here and you can perform, and you can have cases and you can make final tables and all that sort of stuff, but if ultimately you're not ending up in the Winter Circle, it's got to be extremely frustrating. Now, Ardan always has a smile on his face, always seems like he's you know, upbeat and having a good time. He certainly seems like he has the respect of his peers here for being in here day in a day out battling. But still, like I said, it's got to be a giant like pain in your side to not actually get the win. So this one on the biggest stage. Again, he's the best players in one of the biggest buy ins. He gets it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Speaking of you know, kind of his results, when we look at the you know, zoom out a little bit on the PGT he ranks tenth in all time PGT cashes, you know, so that's pretty impressive that today was his sixty ninth PGT cash, third win of all time.
Speaker 4: But like you said, has really got those big scores.
Speaker 1: At all, you know, this season, tied for the most.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then when we look at points, you know, total points, we have Alex Fox and leading and we'll probably touch on that soon, but he's all the way down in forty six. So that kind of shows that, like he does get those cashes, you know, a lot of mint cashs. He's always there, whether it's you know, PLO Nolan and hold him. He has I think he plays I think is one mixed game cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's in big bet mix I believe, yeah, or it's in the deuce to seven some of that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But either way, he's always here, always participating, always playing, and like you said, good to see him emerge victorious for that pretty whopping one point two five million dollars score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think I would consider John reard done a friend, very good guy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I always always see him around town battling in like six tournaments at the Win stuff like that. You know, he's always playing. I don't know if he'll be playing the six hundred dollars tournament coming up this weekend.
Speaker 4: But you know, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: It would be pretty wild if he goes from playing and winning this hundred K buy in super high rollable plo to then playing the sixth all or at the win with me and maybe you this weekend. But that would be come on, man, get out, I'm playing that.
Speaker 4: Hey, he should jump in this fifteen k.
Speaker 1: He said, he said, he said, he said his wife esther, shout out esther. She she she said, no, he's not able to play that one afterwards. So yeah, he took off, he took the money and ran, you know. But good for him, you know, because he's got he's got enough points. You said one of the So there's there's three different things that you have to achieve this season in order to qualify for the pg T Million dollar championship one, you have to have enough points to get into the top forty. I mean, of course there is a fourth option where you can win one of the dreams stats. But for the people that are chasing the leaderboard qualification, you got to finish in the top forty, So you need enough points to do that.
Speaker 4: That's one.
Speaker 1: Along with that, you have to have a minimum of three PGT cashes correct. Okay, so there are some people in the top forty that are still chasing that. Weird And has Reardon has a ton of cashes already whatever, he's got twenty eight on the season. The other thing is you have to opt in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the reason why Tim put that in place is because you know, you don't want somebody who's like in let's say eleventh place. They don't there's no opt in opt out thing, they don't show up. We want all we want forty leaderboard qualifying players in the championship event. Now that might be forty first because maybe the person in eighteenth place says, you know what, I'm not coming take my seat, and you know, give it to the next person on the leaderboard. Weird And already has already opted in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically, it was like, I want to make sure I'm telling you that I'm opting in.
Speaker 2: And this was like obviously way before. This was several days ago before the Super High roll. Will said, he goes, uh, this was something I have to opt in or something. What do I need to do. I'm like, you're in body, you just tell me. He goes, Okay, I need to like write a letter or anything. They should they should have to write a letter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my name is John Reard and I had like twenty eight cashes and fifteen hundred and forty nine PGT points. I am the winner of the one hundred thousand dollars buying Super High Rollerable PLO.
Speaker 4: Please let me.
Speaker 1: I believe that I have enough accolades to have qualified for the PGT Million Dollar champions Like basically, like you know, like I don't know if you guys do this in Australia.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe college except as college submission letters.
Speaker 1: You should have to have him submit like a college submision letter.
Speaker 4: That would be good. So yeah, that's what you hate. John. You are the first person to uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's in there to be put in so yeah, so that's it's good to have him in there. I know he's been wanting to play in that tournament and it's coming up in January. It's it's not gonna be like one of those things where this is the last time we see him between now and then.
Speaker 4: The guy actually loves to play poker.
Speaker 1: Like I said, he'll probably be in that win six hundred come this weekend. We'll probably see him at the NAPT Las Vegas next week, so you know we're it's going to be out there grinding. But when we drafted him on our twenty five K fantasy team a couple of years ago and that was the year we won, he was like very much bought into it. He enjoyed the sweat, all that sort of stuff. You know, we've become a little bit closer just chatting. We have kids that are the similar ages, you know, all that sort of stuff. So John's a great guy. Really awesome to see him come out on top here. And yeah, afterwards I did speak with him, probably about I don't know, five minutes or so of just chatting with the new champion of Super High Rollable PLO. So I'll throw it to that interview right now and then we'll come back on the other side. All right, John, sitting behind a pile of cash has some big results in your career before.
Speaker 5: I would imagine that this one takes the cake? Does it? Is this the crowning moment?
Speaker 3: This takes the gig by far? I mean, hopefully one day it won't take the gig, but right now it by far takes the gig. I'm over the moon with the victory for sure.
Speaker 1: I saw on social media coming into the Fountain that you talk about how you've already locked up your biggest career score.
Speaker 5: Were you excited in that moment or was it more like, Okay, I've done.
Speaker 3: This, Yeah, it's I mean, in tournaments you always are happy to find pay jumps and everything like that, but you're ultimately always trying to win. I know, I was tied for most pgg cashes and I had zero wins, so getting a win is always great, and getting a win like this is just insane. So I'm very thrilled.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, like you said, you cash all the time. In the studio, You're always in her battle with some of the best players in the world. It's blatantly obvious that they all respect you, but it's also may not be so obvious to the fans or the viewers at home because they watch all the time and they really only see the people who win. Does this service a little bit of validation in some ways, you know, being able to get done well.
Speaker 3: I think it definitely makes me. I mean, it's it's been bothering me that I my biggest cash was from fifteen years ago at the Kennel Club. So finally getting over that hump, and I mean, this is something I've been dreaming about for a long time. So to really make it happen is you know, it's it's a dream come true. Man, It's it feels great.
Speaker 1: Like I said, you're always in here battling PLO, hunter K, buying toughest players in the world. It's not east you know, you're in the conversation, of course, but the competition certainly stands out.
Speaker 5: How hard was it to get here to the winner?
Speaker 3: Cirt, Yeah, it was. I mean the only thing that was not insanely difficult was it's not that many people. Fortunately, it's like fifty total entrants, but everybody's like the absolutely best in the planet, and you know they're ready to rebuy, and you know, it's it's just all killers and I'm so thrilled to make it out on top. For sure.
Speaker 1: You told us before where we turned the camera on that you had already texted your wife. You know, she doesn't she doesn't want to wait, she wants to Your wife plays poker a bit, so you guys can go through this whole journey together.
Speaker 5: How's that having that support stament? What did she say when you text your to.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I got to see what she said, but she I'm sure she's thrilled. And having her also know the game is is like really invaluable for me because I mean, you you know how it goes where there's so many losing days, and like having somebody that understands like it's just a matter of time until you get a nice win is really helpful because there's there's there's a lot of losing days for sure.
Speaker 1: And then last question here is you're pretty much locked in now for the championship event, and you found it out you did need to confirm yourself as eligible that you're going to play.
Speaker 3: That's props in my way for that I did not play that.
Speaker 1: What is it going to mean to you to ultimately get to play in that event at the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm I wanted to play last year and I was like ninety it that wasn't even close. So to get to play it, I mean, it's half a million, I think is the value of the free roll, and I mean it's it's just awesome opportunity to get to a I mean it's gonna be tough. Feel obviously it's everybody that's been doing well all year. But to get like a really high value free roll, that's that's ecstatic. And obviously, you know, it feels good to like be one of the people that made it because obviously, like it's really hard. So I'm thrilled.
Speaker 5: And then does this does the wind like this does it? Does it cause you to slow down?
Speaker 1: Or you're just gonna continue to grind, continue to play everything being here every single day, you know, does it give you more motivation to just keep going?
Speaker 5: The confidence factor?
Speaker 3: Uh, it should help the confidence factor. I mean I've already been pretty confident, but now it's nice to have something to point to that it's justified, not just my own enormous ego poker wise. But uh, I I don't think it's gonna change what I play you that much like I love to play. I'd love to be a home my family, and when I find some time, I'm happy to get to find something to play. So absolutely.
Speaker 1: All right, that was the king. John reared in the fifth taking it down Super High Rollerble PLO Championship, so third installment of Super High Rollable PLO. Thirty seven entries in this one. The official payouts we'll read reared in up on top one point twenty five million for him, he beat Sam Silverell, his former college roommate, Silverll taking home eight hundred and twenty five K. Soverle's having quite a nice huge PGT season. Is now up to second place on the leader board. Jousimow third place, only, Yuka mine in fourth place, Arthur Marchosi in fifth place, Bryce Yockey sixth place, in Jared Blesnick seventh place. Notable about Jared Blesnik, he won the first ever Super High Rollable PLO. He is cashed in all three editions, first place the first year, I think it was fourth place last year, and now seventh place this year. So Jared Blessnik. Everyone knows him for his PLO game, yes, but certainly proving it on the biggest.
Speaker 4: Player in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an absolute crusher. So really cool, really cool event. I always love this event. Numbers down a little bit, what was it forty two last.
Speaker 2: Year, thirty year, forty two the next year, then you know, thirty seven this year, and look, that's disappointing. We always want to be growing all our events, but I think there were some things against us this year. We will kind of work on that next year to try and you know avoid that. There was a big PLO series, you know, a couple of weeks earlier that a couple of Europeans say too. We talked to Yoni a little bit after the after he was eliminated, and he said, you know, some of the year guys, they had some people visiting, they were doing some golf trips.
Speaker 4: You know, we they've got baby.
Speaker 1: You know, you can golf here thinks as Yoni did pretty much every single day.
Speaker 4: So there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: And look, you know what, it's great for poker that there were events all over the world stakes from the lawless of the highest. There's lots of opportunities for these guys nowadays to play you know, high stakes PLO tournament.
Speaker 4: So that's good for them.
Speaker 2: They have options all around the world, obviously makes it tougher for a smaller event like ours to attract everyone. But hey, you know, we're going to use that as a as a growing point for next year and try and offer something a little bitter to get these guys back here playing, because you know, they love playing here. But hey, sometimes you got to take a break. Sometimes you're gonna stay with the family. And that's uh, you know, you may obviously understand that, so it's okay, that's forgiven.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was probably ten to twelve names that yeah, highly likely should have played this event and didn't for you know whatever reason. You know, Carry Katz didn't play. He's out of talent on a family trip, you know, speaking of family something that was booked a long time ahead of time, so you know, this was when we could schedule this event, so it didn't line up for him, so he had to miss it. You know, There's that didn't have Daniel Groaner for whatever reason, didn't have Jason Mercier, who is in literally here playing cash two hundred yards away, So like, you know, stuff like that that you know, maybe could have broken our way. So all things considered, I think getting thirty seven is is pretty good. A couple of the players. This is a two entry max. You can play once and then you can re enter once. A couple of people didn't re enter that I thought might have. Nick Shulman was one that didn't re enter, you know, I thought he might get back in there.
Speaker 4: I would also say that we got people re entering that I didn't think would re ender to me.
Speaker 1: So that maybe that evens out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it even so.
Speaker 1: But you know, again, all things considered, I think it was it was a good turnout. You know again, Hunter k Byan, I'm not really expecting one hundred to one hundred and twenty five players, so getting close to that number of forty is pretty good.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say like smashing success, but I also would not say disaster. It was just good. Like it was good. So and I think we got a good winner. The play was good. There was a lot of fun throughout. So yeah, I'm generally for it. And if you guys out there missed any of the action, there were three days of coverage for this one. I've been watching a bit of it when I've been going home at night, and it's been awesome to listen to Alex Livingston. He's in the booth for the entire thing alongside Ali Nasade and Alex Livingston is super sharp, really really really good PLO player and is now becoming a really really really good commentator, like he's really coming into his own and that area of things, like a lot of stuff. You know, it just takes some reps. You got to kind of get used to it. You got to get used to working off somebody, working with somebody else and whatnot. But obviously Ali's one of the best. He's been doing this for, you know, eighty five years or whatever the heck it is. But Alex Livingston, you know, for the PLO expertise, it's just simply incredible and something I'm definitely paying attention to, trying to learn more about PLO, get.
Speaker 4: Better at it.
Speaker 1: I do some PLO commentary when I'm called upon my self, and it's hard because I definitely feel like I'm a fish out of water. But you know, hearing Alex be able to talk through stuff, especially the stuff that high level players that come play Super High rollerble, you know, especially the stuff that they're doing out there, it's extremely insightful. So I would highly encourage you guys to get on over to poker Go or the poker Goro YouTube channel and check that out. Do you want to mention that this podcast is brought to you in part by play poker Go and we are giving you out there the opportunity to win a dream seat to the event that we have already talked about, the PGT Million Dollar Championship. And all you have to do is get on play poker Go. So you can go to play poker go dot com. You can download the app to your iOS or your Android device. However you got to get on, get on, create an account, it's free, and play a single hand of free online poker one hand. The entire thing from account creation to play in the hand probably takes three minutes in total. I'm not joking. It's super fast, so just do it. Check the box. Tim and I play there regularly. We were firing off no Gamble in the Future sitting goes today alongside Maria Ho. Shout out Maria for giving us some time to fire those. Those are a lot of fun. We were blasting them all day. So you know, just come hang out, play some fun poker and get yourself entered in to win a dream seed. The deadline to get yourself entered to win a dream seat, So the deadline to play that freehand of online poker is December tenth. The event is coming up January eleventh and twelfth or twelve thirteen, something like that. So yeah, get in there, play the free Hand of Online poker, and then maybe we'll see you out here come championship time and you'll be in there with John Reard, in with the others, Daniel Legron, et cetera, battling for that five hundred thousand dollars first place prize in the million dollar season ending free roll. Absolutely awesome event. I really love what we do there too.
Speaker 2: I just want to say that I've also opted in the free roll. If I make it, I'm quite I'm quite larm on on twenty points, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Ahead of you. I'm on six.
Speaker 4: Are you opting in? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm up up. This is this is me officially finished.
Speaker 3: I'm in.
Speaker 1: I better win something before what counts?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 1: What counts that? Next? I gottaly go to Paradise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta go to Paradise. I got no shot before we move on to the PGTPLO series. Yeah, you're talking about dream seats. All right, let's quickly promote the Poker Go podcast dream Seat giveaway, because guys, we're getting this episode out mainly because October thirty first, at mid nine, it ends it's done. We're going to draw a winner the next day. And you know we've been doing this secret code so this is gonna be the last secret code. You're hopefully going to hear this on October thirtieth, if producer Rich does his due diligence and gets this out.
Speaker 4: So there's the last secret code word.
Speaker 2: You're going to have literally, you know, thirty six hours or so to get it in. And I think it's fitting that this final secret code word, it is going to be King John.
Speaker 4: King John eight letters King John.
Speaker 1: That means you spell jao each and everyone.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's the way most people would link to listen for sure. Yeah, King John, k I n G Joe John. And since it's the last one and he just won one point two five million dollars.
Speaker 1: You're gonna give away one point two five million Raffle tickets. Holy crap, man.
Speaker 4: Let's one hundred and twenty five hundred. That's A five. The last one was like thirty one hundred and twenty five raffle tickets.
Speaker 2: The last secret code only fifty of you used it, So hey, you put this one twenty five in, you might as well lock up your.
Speaker 1: Are you tracking all the raffle tickets? Oh?
Speaker 4: It has it in the in the gleam. Yeah, okay, I'm not going to spend anymore. Say, that's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: If you know what to do, you know where to go, King John, one hundred and twenty five raffle tickets. When you listen to this, you probably have about thirty six hours to get it in. I'm going to draw a winner this Saturday morning before I go play the Venetian three hundred, before you go play the win six hundred.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll go play the Venetian three hundred. I don't know. Maybe there's maybe there's there's probably a world where I can play both both. But there might be something about when does the Venetian Day two happen Monday? See that's that's why that's I think that's why I didn't play.
Speaker 4: You can't play Monday.
Speaker 1: No, I just always like a freaking work.
Speaker 2: Day, Like, Yeah, I don't know so anyway, get that, get that King Johns a.
Speaker 1: Day two on a Monday. I don't know, I don't know it's.
Speaker 4: Been on the Sunday because I feel like I want to watch football this second. One hundred and twenty five Raffle tickets.
Speaker 1: You realize that all these Pokal rooms have TVs.
Speaker 2: I just I want to watch for youwhere on my couch in pajamas under a blanket and not move all you.
Speaker 1: Can definitely bring I can bring you wear your pajamas. You can have your own TV. You can, you know, bring a blanket. You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: For Sunday's a day. I like to do two workouts, one in the morning, one at night. I don't want to mix poker with that. Anyway, one undred and twenty five Rapple tickets and I draw went on Saturday. Please look out for your emails will be coming from me, uh to see if you've won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then just quickly on the on the giveaway train. We'll just crank all this this stuff out, you know, pay the bills while we have. We are also giving away three dream seats to Poker Grow annual subscribers. That drawing is coming up at the same time as the drawing that Tim just mentioned for the podcast Raffle tickets. So if you are an annual subscriber, would highly encourage you to become one before October thirty first at midnight. Also hot off the press, everyone, oh one annual subscriber. On November eighteenth, we are drawing to win a thirty thousand dollars package to WSOP Paradise.
Speaker 4: I am not joking.
Speaker 1: You get a thirty K package if you are an If you are an annual subscriber and we draw your name, that includes eight yeah, but you can't win.
Speaker 4: For part of the company.
Speaker 1: That includes a twenty five K buy in to the WSOP Paradise Super Main event. Sixty million dollars guaranteed in that one. Okay, that's absolutely out of control. And then the five K that makes up to the thirty k is you know included. You get round trip flight, you get hotel. I think it's seven nights down at Atlanta's Paradise Island. So that's a pretty freaking badass giveaway. So if you've become an annual subscriber before October thirty first, and I forgot to mention that we are recording this on Wednesday, October twenty ninth, a little after seven pm. You'll have three polls at a Dream Seat and one poll at a WSB Paradise. Thirty K package seems pretty awesome. Of course, there are rules, There are terms and conditions, so head on over to PokerGO dot com slash rules. It has all the different giveaways that are currently running, has all the terms and conditions in there. There are some restrictions that do apply. It is us. Only a couple places don't count, but it's all in there. You have to be twenty one plus of course, because you do have to you know, ultimately come gamble either here in Las Vegas at the Porkra studio or down in the Bahamas. But those are some pretty cool things that we're doing. You know, we're doing a lot of giveaways. For those of you wondering about the True Classic giveaway, the True Classic team is going to be getting me the fifteen winners any day, any moment.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm just waiting, and then we'll start the outreach there to get those people to then you know, get them sorted if they accept the prize, etc. To come out and play in the event in December. I know many of you out there submitted your stories.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I read through way too many of them, but they were awesome to read, so you know, good luck to you if you're a podcast listener, as well as somebody who submitted a story to that giveaway. All right, let's rip on through this pgt PLO series. Baby Gino reem another king, king, freaking change this guy, I mean, absolutely crushing Chino rem So. Ten events were part of the pgt PLO series. Gino cash in seven of them seventy percent cash rate. He won one event, and that event was the twenty five K finale where he beat Bryce Yacki and heads up play to win five hundred and ten thousand dollars. He hacks sorry, Isaac Hackson. Bryce Yockey got third. Correct, No, brass Soaky did not cash. It was second. I don't know why. I'm thinking Bryce Yackey and whatever.
Speaker 4: Well, Gina wanted to win the leaderboard over Bryce, that's what you can.
Speaker 1: No, I think it was. Yeah, I don't know. I'm just just tonn idiot. Bryce won the event before though, I know that much. But yes, I'll get to the leaderboard in a second. Bryce Jockey finished second on the lead aboard, but just quickly again on Chino he had the win. He had the seven cashes, three sorry, two top three finishes and four final table finishes. He won almost eight hundred thousand dollars. Did Chino Reim? You and I have talked about it many many times as it relates to Chino rem just one of the absolute best in the world at poker. When the buyings go up, the guy just you know, puts his game face on and he comes to play with the best of them. He may not be in the sliver streets and doing GGO and theory and all that sort of stuff, but she know, is as good as anyone out there, plays all the games as well, which as it pertains to the PGT, I think gives him, you know, a little bit of an edge over over some others in terms of like, you know, accumulating points and whatnot. And also, mister Reim became the first player with three series titles. Yeah, he won the PGT Mixed Games twice and now he won the PGT PLO series. No one else has done that. Sean Winter has two, and then I think everyone else has won. No one else has two, but she no reem becoming the first player in PGT history with three series titles. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Bryce y Hockey, he was the front runner on the leaderboard entering the final event. Then once registration closes in the final event, you know, Tim does the whole thing where he calculates, Okay, these are the many people that are left. Ever, Bryce Yacki ends up busting out, and there was what five or six people?
Speaker 2: Uh so when he busted there was probably about ten left. Okay, once we got close to the money, Yeah, it ended up being I think it was six people entering the money could have won.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then at the final table of that last event, so Bryce is up on top. He needed to sweat Sam's overall, Jao Samao and Chino Ring. Yeah, and at once it gets down to four handed play and it's those three are still in and Isaac Hackson and he.
Speaker 4: Still had outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the but the only result there was that, So Chino had to finish second or first to take the lead from Bryce Jackey. But if he finished second and Sam's overall one, then Sam so over win the title. Or if Chino finished second, Joao Samao won then he would win the title. So it needed to be Isaac Hackston winning and beating either Samaoo or Sam sOliver.
Speaker 4: That's what needed to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, Sam soliverall goes out in fourth place, then shouts them out, goes out in third place, and then it's locked up for Chino Reims. So it gets locked up for him. He's got the he's got the series titled Gold Cup on the table as he's battling heads up for whatever one hundred and seventy nine and eighty nine thousand dollars or whatever the heck. It was heads up between them, right, so because it was what five to ten and then three third one? Yeah, yeah, so he's battling for that one hundred and seventy nine k heads up between them. So yeah, all in all, great series for Chino, great series for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: To be honest.
Speaker 1: You know, Bryce had two wins, three cashes. He won more than five hundred k. Isaac Hackston also won more than five hundred K. Frederick Norman first time in the studio, time in the studio, shout out to him, had six cashes. Uh, John Reardan, you know, speaking of successful, but this this kind of goes along the lines of we often see from John Reard and where five cashes, only one final table, you know, like, yeah, he won one hundred and sixty two thousand dollars and did well points wise, but like this is kind of what we've seen for so long from John Reard and is like close but not close enough exactly. And so again going back to the super high rollable PLO to see him actually get that breakthrough win a huge, huge, huge victory on the PGT is just absolutely awesome to see for you know, one of the true tried and tested grinders here on the Poker Go Tour. Thoughts on the PGTPLO series.
Speaker 2: I thought it was good, you know, like we kind of touched someone with super highrobo ball. Some of the bigger dogs missing, but we saw a lot of new faces. You know, you mentioned Frederick Norman. You know, we were talking about Nicky Palma before Nicky Pay. Yeah he's just a PGT regular now now yeah, he's playing the fifteen kri So we had a lot of new faces, which is good, which is what we always want to see. Were still strong for some of these events. We had two events that were kind of basically top five size wise in PGT history.
Speaker 4: So that was a good a good thing. But yeah, all in all, great series.
Speaker 2: I also want to give a shout out to Alex fox and who we've kind of touched on a lot, but he won event two I think, right, yeah, Event Tour, the five K quatro and when he did that, he had his ten thousandth PGT point, which reremendous, kind of pretty amazing. You know we touched on during Pokemasses he had the he had his tenth win and he had his hundredth cash. Yeah, but now he's got his ten thousand point and already with the series, you know, wrapping up, he's already one hundred and five cashes. He's heading towards two hundred. All right, when do you get another jokey for that? But yeah, amazing there. So yeah, I thought it was a good series. You know, we were up against, like I said, a little bit of that event in the PLO event in I think it was Talan or Estony or whatever, and you know, we'll touch on it next week, but Bay one on one was also running that stall a few players after they played the first few events. But all in all, another great PLO series. It always gets the biggest numbers every time, and you know we'll be back in March in some way, shape or form, make some adjustments if needed, and kind of go from there.
Speaker 1: More than nine million dollars awarded in total from this edition of the PGT PLO series. We had Jesse Lonis winning the opening event for one hundred and seventy five k. As Tim mentioned, Alex Foxen won the second event for I believe it was one hundred and seventy seven K when you include eighty seven K first place money, and then he won ninety K in bounties. Eric Sidell, the legend himself, won event number three for one hundred and seventy one thousand, five hundred. Ben Lamb, another legendary PLO player, won event number four for two hundred ninety two thousand. Really, yeah, I don't know he played.
Speaker 4: The ninety five K for sure. I don't think he did.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he didn't because he had some golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I want to say you might have played another event.
Speaker 4: I can check it.
Speaker 1: Seawan Winter won event number five. Seawan Winter also a Bounty tournament winner here one hundred and twenty two K from the prize pool. This was a PKO and then he won one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: Five K as well.
Speaker 1: How many events four and five? Yeah, I thought I just saw him in here a couple of times. Yeah, Bryce Yockey, I mentioned he has two titles. This was the first one two hundred and thirty seven six dollars for winning event number six, a ten K polo event. Vessel In Kritakov won the fifteen K POO three hundred and forty a K. Taylor Wilson. He topped Frederick Norman in the fifteen K PLO Mystery Bounty. Taylor Wilson won one hundred ninety five K from the prize pool, one hundred and ninety K from the mystery bounties. Bryce Jockey back in the Winter Circle for even number nine another fifteen K there, two hundred and ninety K for him, and then China reim as we talked about, won the twenty five K finale for five one hundred and ten thousand dollars. So that is the PGTPLO series and I think that's it for this podcast. Yeah, you're good with that. I do want to give a shout out to Eric Raskin. He had me on the Low Rollers podcast today. We talked about the Chauncey Billup stuff a little bit. He wanted to kind of get my thoughts on that. Talked about that. He asked me about being the one hundred and sixty third best player in the world. So I talked about that. Actually kind of timely, because the other day I spent probably fifteen minutes And this is probably like, maybe I'm just a loser for doing this, but I spent about fifteen twenty minutes going through my sweat threat just like reading it back and like just getting all the emotions back again. I was like, let's fucking go. It was awesome. So have your friends invest in you, and invest in your friends because that's, you know, really the best part of the whole journey. Yeah, and then we talked a little football as well. So that's the Low Rollers podcast. I believe it'll be out on Thursday, he said, if not, at some point this week, I'll share it from all my socials as well. But do you want to give some love to a fellow podcaster and gambling industry veteran, Eric Raskin, good buddy of mine, have worked with him many many years, So check that out if you haven't already shared the podcast, like it, listen to it, all that good stuff, because more podcasts the better. All right, that's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: We'll be back in I don't know a week's time or so, probably at the beginning ish part of an apt Las Vegas. Tim and I are going to be over there at Resorts World playing some events, so we'll let you know how those are going. Maybe we put together another tandem deep run in something and we can pot about it all the time.
Speaker 4: We should just do that.
Speaker 1: If you and I like run deep in something, we should like always pop like as we're going. But it has to be like a big, a big No, I'm not talking like the six hundred at the win. Sorry six sorry six hundred. Yeah, but it doesn't have multiple we need multiple days.
Speaker 4: I don't think you and may going to play anything with multiple days.
Speaker 1: You never know, man, No, you never freaking out.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely not.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 4: You may, but you.
Speaker 1: Might settle into something and you know, you never.
Speaker 4: Know, so save it for next SEUs W has to be man event.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, an ABT Las Vegas is coming up there are a bunch of PGT qualifying events as part of that schedule, so we got plenty of talk about there. That series is pretty awesome in and of itself. Tim and I again will be over at Resource with if you're there, and if you're a podcast listener, say hi to us please. We love to meet you guys, and yeah, that's gonna do it for us. My name is Donny Peters, his name is Tim Duckworth and we'll talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 4: So ah,