Speaker 1: This is the other side of midnight. They're running a strange program. You'll with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 2: Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Doo Sterling, Sterling, Sterling, He's more interesting than curling. He's on your radio every night. Walter Sterling, Sterling, Sterling. Walter Sterling is live on the other side of midnight. For all you midnight misfits, Sterling Sterling, Sterling.
Speaker 3: Your dial.
Speaker 2: You won't be twirling when Walter Sterling's on your radio. It's the other side of midnight with Eddie Dragon.
Speaker 4: Eddie Dragon, who's in New Mexico. And it's a privileged to have Edian because he's independently wealthy. He doesn't need to do this. He owns his own radio station. He doesn't need this to get any more attention. He has plenty of attention. And yet he travels to places like Utah, there's nothing there, and he goes to places like he lives in New Mexico. Moments moments from Jeffrey Epstein's Zoro Ranch oddly uninvestigated by our government. Eddie, how are you doing tonight, Walter.
Speaker 5: I'm fine and I'm enjoying the program. I just returned from Utah. There is a lot there. There is actually quite a bit going on in Solid Lake City.
Speaker 4: What's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Did he?
Speaker 5: You know? I didn't think it was that big, but it's about sixty miles and I went from Hill Air Force Base where the Minuteman missiles are manufactured for our nation's defense.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 5: I have a friend who's a colonel there, top secret by the way, and it's just a fascinating place. The industry that they have, their defense industry. You know, obviously you know the LDS is there. That is the Latter day Saints. Do you know, Walter, that is also going to be a trillion dollar religious organization within the next five years. I thought that was just, you know, unfathomable.
Speaker 4: And well, they have tithing, you see that. That's where they're smart. Unlike the Catholics of the Episcopalians. They have tithing. You want to be a member of the Church of Ladder day States, you're going to give up twenty percent of your income?
Speaker 5: Is it twenty percent?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Is it double double? I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: You know, the Mormons, and you have to have a haircut like an Osmond. Your hair looks has to look like Donnie Osmond's.
Speaker 5: Interestingly enough, I saw the Donny and Marie Osmond's old stomping grounds in orem Utah and their old studio. Actually walked inside their old studio. Unbelievable. You know, they are sort of a force of entertainment nature from thee in these in the early eighties.
Speaker 4: But well, Donna Donnie was very successful and smart, and they were actually one of the few entertainment groups that raised their own stock that went public. You could buy stock in their company.
Speaker 5: I did not know that. That's that's also fascinating, And that's.
Speaker 4: How they bought That's how they built that studio. They were able to raise money through the markets.
Speaker 5: You know, I had a Mormon as a business partner when I did commercial real estate, and I found out, you know, they are fantastic business people. They really just know, very trustworthy, very but once you stop working with them the Mormon way of doing business, you find yourself on the outside. Also, it is also very unique about the Mormon religion. They also have a abnormally large share of employment within the Three Letter agencies, namely the CIA and the FBI in the United States. Mormons gravitate towards those types of jobs, believe.
Speaker 6: It or not.
Speaker 1: So well.
Speaker 4: They know how to dress.
Speaker 5: Or not dress. You won't find any of them having fancy watches or fancy shoes. They really pride themselves on having the six month food stuff basement, and they oftentimes brag about that, and they also brag about how much hew thrifty they are and how often they double coupon and grocery store coupon. They literally have contests about it. It's a fascinating place. In fact, the twenty thirty four Winter Olympics are going to be there. Walter and they happen to go to the number one ski resort on the other side. Took a gondolus at the top. Checked it out. Very fascinating in that everyone is just in love with, you know, nature. Everyone's hiking, everyone's biking. There's a little town just outside on the backside of the mountain called Huntsville and it's the quenest, cutest little town you ever did see. And yeah, there's a lot going on in the old Salt Lake City in that area. It is a truly breasttaking I want to say, it's one of the more beautif cities that I've seen Walter. So if you haven't been to Utah, it's not that there isn't anything there, it's just that you have not been there.
Speaker 4: Well, I've seen. I've been to Salt Lake City, and it's a spooky place. And it's partly I realize just now because of what you said, which is that they had no geographic challenges in building out the city. They didn't have to build a downtown and up. They could just keep spreading out and as a results, it's a sixteenth it's a sixty mile suburb.
Speaker 5: M Yeah, no, I think you've nailed it. I think that's exactly what I saw. I was there. It just keeps going and going and going, much like Phoenix, Arizona, where exactly also has a huge presence. It's just like, hey, we're just going to keep building it. Mexico City, by the way, internationally is a lot like that. However, they don't roll out the infrastructure before they do it. After last thing I'll say about Salt Lake City, I stayed in a hotel that was there, as you do, and there's abnormally large Mexican population in those hotels because so much construction. There's so much construction, they're all there, and they're building out what continues to be Salt Lake City. It's a very by the way, one of the top three states in terms of quality of life, and I think Salt Lake is at the very top of cities over you know, one million about one point one point nine million in the miny the metropolitan statistical er.
Speaker 4: Thank you for this travelogue. Now what do you have to report? What? What updates do you have for us?
Speaker 5: Well, I happen to be catching Netflix and the Idaho murders, and you have been getting me to watch more Netflix, and it's something that we do. You know, you you've you've passed us the Midnight Misfits with going out and entertaining ourselves with your recommendations. But I couldn't help but get away to the Idaho murders. That's recent. It's fascinating, and you know, Brian Koberger basically was taken out because of a q kip that the FBI went rummaging through once they made the determination off of a small, slight thing off of that night sheet. And I got to thinking about the unsolved mysteries and the unsolved murderers here in New Mexico. But more than that there's a big one in New York. That's right Rochester. Ten years ago, Walter, four people murdered a house deliberately set on fire, and a decade later, the families of Michael Royal, Jennifer Leisure, Lechelle Powell, and Michael Adams are still asking the same question, who did it and why? So this is in Rochester's New York. Okay, it's the most horrifying unsolved homicide case in New York, the Leyton Avenue quadruple murder. And it was not simply a fire. It was a crime scene that investigators say was deliberately burned after four human beings were bound and killed in And even now with this now renewed investigative activity that they have, there have been no arrests, no public naming of suspects, no resolution for the people left behind. Back in twenty sixteen, in January, firefighters responded to a burning home on Leyton Avenue. What they discovered in the attic transformed a fire call into a major crimes nightmare for Rochester police. Four victims found dead. Michael Royal twenty eight years old, Jennifer Leisure twenty nine, Lachelle Powell, twenty two, forty five year old Michael Adams now Rochester. Investigators said the victim's wrists and ankles were bound. All four had been shot in the head. The house set ablaze, so reporting through the years has provided a very groom picture about this. No leads nothing. The victims had been bound with duct tape. News ten, NBC and Rochester reported that their mouths had been covered as well. Mary Royal's mother returned to the home, discovered the fire, then called nine to one one. Then firefighters found all four victims. Guess where in the attic they had time the family dog, Jack's dad as well. The victims were not abstractions in a police file. Royle was Mary Royal Stun who was reportedly working for was becoming a dental hygienist. Jennifer Leger was his fiance. Powell was remembered, you know, by her mother Glover as someone who would give you the shirt, offer back good people, right. And then Michael Adams is a forty five year old Rochester residence whose life ended alongside the other three. Now a vehicle was held shortly right after those killings, and Rochester has been mourning those lives for the last ten years and the largest single act of unsolved violence in New York currently. Give me a question, is obvious? Was this a targeted attack? Investigators have never identified the intended target if there was only one. Se nineteen police investigator John Brennan said detectives did not know the motive and did not know for certain which victim if anyone individual was the target. They can't find any background on what would have driven. So by that point the investigators have pursued already hundreds of leads without finding a single connection that produced an arrestable suspect. And that detail is really important because as I was looking at the coburger that got solved, but this isn't solved ten years later. The responsible standard in all of this is to separate how the law enforcement has stated versus what people are speculating about, and people don't have anything to speculate on. The public facts are very evident. Four people killed inside that residence, bound shot back of the head, and a fire used to kind of create a cover. No motive, so that winter weather in January also worked against the investigators. At the time, the local Democrat Chronicle reported that the conditions meant few people were outside to even notice any of the activity. There's no third party witnesses, unfamiliar vehicles, not noted people coming and going, they said. It is said that, based on the fact that they were in the attict, they had to be in there doing this murder for at least a couple of hours. The Texas believe that the perpetrators had spent several hours in fact inside that house. They suggested the planning, control of the scene, and their level of confidence. Raising confidence made the lack of public break through all the more unsettling. So there's a reward in all of this. The only fifteen thousand dollars at app has come forward. But it's worth remembering what time does to these cold cases. The relationships have changed, the loyalties have change, And ten years later New York's biggest unsolved mass murder, that is the Latent Avenue murders. And if you know anything about, have any information, have any ideas, you could report it to the ratchet or police five five seventy one fifty seven. I'm just getting into this, Walter. I didn't know this even existed, but I'm looking at unsolved murders in different places. We have one I'll cover that tomorrow from here in New Mexico.
Speaker 4: I think that's a video murder. I think that's an excellent course for you to pursue our unsolved murders. Those are the most dramatic and terrifying mysteries of our time. Eddie Dragon, thank you very much for being on the other side of midnight with Walter Sterling. It's eighteen past the hour, eighteen past the hour, the.
Speaker 1: Other side of midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 8: It's the other side of midnight, and with Walter Sterling on the other side.
Speaker 9: When you go to a gentleman's club, the girls have one job. It's basically to make you feel infatuated, lustful after them, if not love and desiree Nicole Hood, She's picked it up pretty quick. She's twenty years old, understands how to do that. She left with one of the patrons to go to a hotel in beautiful Virginia Gardens and she served him a drink at the hotel. You know, again, just showing some lady stuff there, charming the pants literally off of this feller. After drinking, the man said he felt disoriented, dizzy, and unable to fully recall the subsequent events. At least that's what he's saying to his wife. And while this guy was allegedly incapacitated in the Bill Cosby sort of way, he woke up and his fourteen thousand dollars Rolex Oyster perpetual watch gone. And they found it with Desiree Nicole Hood. Now how they find it with her? How they even find out who she was? She posted on social media. That's what they do. And yeah, so she's been arrested and likely going to be going to jail for some time. And yeah, lab tests showed the victim tested positive with benzo diazepines, which are depressants also known as Benzo's. They knock you out, those benzos do. Yeah, if you're tired of night you just can't get sleep, and you're just like you're a raccoon at three am, take a Benzone. They'll knock you out. Knock you out real good. Okay, I get it. Here's a guy, maybe a little lonely away from the ball and chain the battle axe at home, and he thought that maybe a rendezvous with an exotic dancer would be a wonderful way to celebrate his freedom away from his home situation. Well, now the wife knows, because you know, it's a crime. He lost a fourteen thousand dollars watch, which probably was a gift to him from her using his American Express. If you go to a gentleman's club, do not wear high end jewelry. Look like a regular guy. You can wear a sports coach something like that, but yeah, look regular. If you're gonna spend time alone with an exotic dancer, don't take a drink from her. If the dancer hands you up, fill the tag or something like that. No, you don't do that. You don't do that at all. Learn from this nameless, phaseless soon to be divorced man. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: It's a bad idea.
Speaker 9: From the champagne room. Not on a Benzo. I'm Villa Wols Strivers on the loose, Walter Sterling, the other side of midnight. Red Apple Audio Network come to the media call.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred eight four, eight ninety June.
Speaker 4: Now look how lucky you are here? We are It's just us. I'm a few inchest from the microphone, you're a few inches from that speaker. It's it's just us. The beauty of being awake at this time is we get to celebrate being introverts. We get to celebrate being alone because most people around us are alone. We don't have to appear to fit in. There's nothing worse than having to fit in. My friend, Susan Anderson, Mark Zaza, Drew Simmles, Michael Leon, Michael, I'm so proud of you you graduated. Roger Sabo, Joel Rios, Roberta de Conte, Martin Dyer's, Martin Dice, Martin Dice Hi and John Tweeworgi. You are some of the midnight misfits we get to spend time with tonight. Thank you for being here. Barry Glick, Barry, you send me the best stuff, the best photographs. Barry Glick, Solid Midnight Misfit. Congratulate relations, Bill Buchanan, Charles Dempsey. If you want to become a midnight Misfit, it's easy either. Go to the website Walter sterlingshow dot com click Midnight Misfit. You will get a membership card. It'll explain to you what it means to be a misfit, what you have to do, what your obligations are. You have to eat corn beef, you have to hate team spirit. You don't want anybody to say I believe in team players. I never want to hear that phrase, just like I never want to hear the phrase going forward anytime in my career. If somebody has said to me, well, now going forward, nothing good comes after that. Right, there are certain sign posts that are trouble and now going forward we're going to do. Oh no, no, no, no no. You might as well not listen after that, because your career is over. If they're saying going forward to you, oh God, or it didn't work out, or we're going to make some changes. Really, you're going to put up new drapes. You're going to paint the walls of better color. That's what you're talking about, idiots. Now it's the best thing to be working now. Firehouse, auditorium, the train station, the airport. This is when these facilities are packed. This is our busiest time of day. Walmarts, the walmarts, the cost goes. This is the busiest time of day. This is when the shelves get stocked, when the storerooms get emptied. The stores look better. The two seconds before they open is when they look the best, isn't it. I learned a lot about Dollar Tree. We had a person who worked on the show who for the holidays decided to get a job at Dollar Tree so they could report back to us and tell us what's really going on at Dollar Tree. And what I learned was that Dollar Tree is totally dependent on when the tree truck comes in my trucker. Friends, you're you're the reason a dollar tree is good or not. They're really good dollar trees and they're horrible, terrifying dollar trees. There's no consistency. They're right. There's a Nirvana dollar Tree I've been to. I'm not going to tell you where it is because you'd be jealous. And then they're the ghetto dollar trees, and the ghetto dollar trees. You walk in and everything's random. The displays move since the last time you were there, and the last time you were there was yesterday. There's no pattern to what they have and what they don't. And the food selection is particularly interesting. The food section often looks like a kitchen in Mexico. Looks like a hospital kitchen in Mexico. This is really I don't need I don't need this much, this many chickpeas, I don't need this much coconut oil. The big thing that surprises me about Dollar Tree, how about you. The big thing that surprises me about Dolatry is I have to remember to go there first because it's going to be cheaper than anyplace else, but also because there are things that Dolatry I never expected them to have, like coconut oil. I never expected them coconut oil, but there they have a robust selection of coconut oil. And then there are things that they don't have that are shocking. They don't have coffee, ground coffee very rare. They have it in weird little cafeteria airplane style bags. They have no milk. That is, of course the biggest drawback, and the dairy associations must have some weird rules about who can sell milk or not. Maybe it's a refrigeration problem. They do have eggs, however, they do have eggs, and you know who else says eggs all of Chicago now down to ninety nine cents at WGN Radio.
Speaker 2: Midnight Misfits, walchesterling the out of side of.
Speaker 4: Midnight Dollar Tree. The mistake I can make is not going to Dollar Tree first. There are things that I'd be an idiot to not buy a Dollar Tree. Aluminum foil, plastic bags, baggies, those things, toilet paper, but not paper towels. Do not buy paper towels at Dollar Tree. You'll do better at Target. You'll do better at Walmart, but really, oddly, Target's the best place to get paper towels. I don't know why. They have some cat foods but not really the ones you want. No, that's not true. I've gotten good cat food at Dollar Tree. Excellent cooking utensils, measuring cups, cleaning products. They have very interesting cleaning. They have a lot of cleaning products that are the color purple. If you notice that at Dollar Tree they have a shelf after shelf of cleaning products to the color purple. Good prices on sponges. All of that works. Then there are other things that I just am very nervous about. Any That's what it is. Anything in that refrigerator makes me nervous. Any frozen food always brands and dishes I've never heard of. I never knew I wanted. Green beans and lentils never came up before, or chunks of lamb and tandory sauce I have really at Dollar Tree. I don't think I'm going to be getting my tandory products at Dollar Tree. It's the frozen foods case that scares me. It empties fast. And now they've gotten very robust with candy. But about two years ago they got a new CEO at Dollar Tree, which also owns Dollar General, which also owns another family Dollar They're all owned by the same company. Now they merged and they have the same CEO. And he did a stupid thing. And if you'd return my calls, I would tell him he did a stupid thing, and we talk about it on the air, and then he could tell me that it wasn't stupid and explain why. But he hasn't returned the call. About two years ago, when he became the CEO, they started changing the price and it stopped being a dollar, and then it went up to a minimum of a dollar twenty five. Well that's a different business. That's a twenty five percent increase in their revenue right there. Then they added a special section Dollar Tree Plus something like that. You've seen this. It's in a different part of the store, away from all of the normal things. They over there on the left, way over on the left, these are five dollar items. They have some items a Dollar Tree that are five dollars. And then that's a different shopping experience because when we used to go through Dollar Tree and just went through it, boom boom, boom boom. I could buy twenty things and it didn't matter because they were all a dollar and if we got something wrong, it didn't matter. But now if it's five dollars, we have to think about it. Well, that does a couple of things that they didn't think through. Number One, it's a slower shopping experience. That means, oh, I don't have time to go to Dollar Tree. Well that wasn't an issue before, was it. And then we get fussier five dollars. I don't know if this is worth five dollars, and we start to shop the five dollars items at Walmart, And those are the things I don't really think they thought through. What do you think? Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two eight hundred eighty four eight nine two two two Joaquin retired truck driver, Welcome to the other side of midnight. Hi Joaquin, Hello, Joaquin, Come in, come.
Speaker 1: In, yes, yes, good morning, ten.
Speaker 4: Four ten four, come in, come in ten four.
Speaker 7: That's right, ten four. Goo, buddy, Hey, you want to know something. Actually, you could call me wing not watching. I told really to call me that because I must have been bipolar. Because on the one hand, I'm I'm a risk taker. I could be a very excessive risk taker. But then the other side of me actually always sees the negative, the negative side of it. It gets panic and anxiety attacks.
Speaker 4: So do you get real panic Do you get real panic attacks?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no I do. Oh yeah. I went to the hospital one night. I'm going to get to that story actually tonight.
Speaker 5: It's a story.
Speaker 7: It's kind of an X rated story maybe, but yeah, my wife was pregnant and we went to the hospital because I was having a panic attack. I I was having a heart attack. And the doctor goes, you're as healthy as a freaking horse. He goes, if you're my own brother, i'd send you home. But I was having the heart I was having a panic attack. That left me feeling like I was having a heart attack.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I understand they're terrified. What do you do when you have a panic attack? How do you stop them?
Speaker 7: Oh? My god, Walter, I drink a lot. What can I say? You know, I well, I do have some xanax, you know, and whatever else, you know, and it's not as bad now, but there were times in the past, like I said, I took risks and the problem is is that, you know, those risks a lot of times caused me to have panics over now and anyway, so let's get to tonight's trucking story.
Speaker 4: Tonight trucking story from our friend Joaquin. Every night comes to us with a retired trucker story that I appreciate. Please share.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, in nineteen eighty five, on my birthday, actually I was twenty second, I actually became the owner of my own truck. Okay, and uh it was in nineteen seventy eight, ken with cabover Aerodyne. And at one point it was really interesting because I knew this guy in elementary school and the one that my wife she called her her aunt and she considered Gary her cousin. Well, we knew each other, you know, from that long ago. And uh, Gary had a job and he was working holing mail. Well he lost that job. We'd actually moved up to shitt Talk at the time, you know. And so afterwards I bought my truck and I figured, all right, you know what, I want to hire Gary? You know, maybe I can, you know, we'll, we'll, we'll run this truck twenty four to seven. Well, the poor guy, I was afraid to let him drive my truck. But we for a while, spent some time and my wife, actually the three of us were out in this truck and we wound up one night and reno Nevada. And of course I was only like twenty six, twenty seven years old. Of course my wife was only like twenty two twenty three. And of course so Gary would be sleeping in the top bed and we'd gone the bottom doing our thing. Right, Well, my wife got pregnant, and uh we figured out that it was that my daughter was conceived and reing on Nevada at the truck stop. And once we got home, you know, she found out she was pregnant. She wound up going to work because she did I didn't have no health insurance, being you know, an owner operator. And she got a job. She was a dental assistant, and so she said, no, I'm paying for you know, the all things. So she went to work and paid, you know, made the money to pay the whole forty five hundred bucks to have the baby. And so my oldest daughter Elizabeth, I have four children. She was actually conceived a truck stopped in Reno, Nevada's trucks that baby, you.
Speaker 4: Know, that's the whole environment for a baby. Couldn't be more fascinating. A truck stop one Reno, Devada two. Look at you. It's a miracle. And by the way, my sister's named Elizabeth. It's my favorite name. How is Elizabeth doing.
Speaker 5: Oh, she's doing fine.
Speaker 7: She's thirty seven years old now now she has two children and she's doing great.
Speaker 4: Good for you. I appreciate these stories. Thank you very much. We look forward tomorrow night, Joquin to your next trucker story.
Speaker 1: You are listening to the biggest all night show in American.
Speaker 4: Radio, The Other Side of Midnight Joe in New Jersey at eight hundred eighty four eight nine two two two Joe, the Pride of New Jersey. Welcome to the Other Side of Midnight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm kind of shocked to see that your phone system is working to get well.
Speaker 4: I figured it was it was an attack against the station, the company's political point of view. I, of course don't have a political point of view, because I can't imagine anything more boring to put on the radio, but others do, and I figured that was the reason our phones were attacked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe, but I heard you say the dollar Store doesn't have milk.
Speaker 4: My Dollar Tree does not have milk.
Speaker 6: I go to Dollar Tree all the time and buy milk by the cases.
Speaker 4: Now, what size are the containers.
Speaker 6: They're court containers.
Speaker 4: And what kind of milk is it? What kind of milk is it?
Speaker 6: It's kind of like permelap ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Sorry, so it's not real milk.
Speaker 6: It's milk, but it's it's been sterily filled in the containers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's concentrated.
Speaker 6: It's concentrated, shelf stable.
Speaker 4: Shelf stables. Right, it's not fresh milk. They don't sell fresh milk. I wonder what that's about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that the chocolate. They got two percent, one percent and whole milk, and I buy that all the time. Keep it around the house, don't have to have it in the refrigerator. They'll last you for a year, and it tastes just as good.
Speaker 4: It would last you for a year if you don't have three teenagers living with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well true, but no, just sitting on the shelf, it stays fresh.
Speaker 4: No, are there other things that Dollar Tree that you find fascinating.
Speaker 6: Uh. I find a lot of things. They are fascinating. Eating their light bulbs one hundred watt led light bulbs for a dollar twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the batteries and the batteries, batteries.
Speaker 6: I haven't had such good uh success with them.
Speaker 4: What do you mean they don't last?
Speaker 6: They don't last at all. Yeah, I found a lot of them. You take them out of the package and they're dead in the package.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got it. It's a It's a very interesting mix of merchandise, isn't it. It's fascinating what they put together at the Dollar Trees.
Speaker 6: But now you go in there, you gotta be careful because you pick up something and you figure it's a dollar, and they turn around and tell you it's five dollars.
Speaker 4: I know it's very dollars. Yeah, the CEO made a mistake. The store is called Dollar Tree, and we expect everything to be a dollar, and then when we find out at the register it's five dollars, we feel we've been cheated. We feel that we've been had. If you're owning a store, you don't want your customers to feel as though they've been had.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it all happened over the COVID mass and whatnot where they did all the changing, and I don't like it at all.
Speaker 4: I agree, Joe, and I appreciate you. Thank you very much for calling the other side of midnight. You and I are talking about are challenging experiences at Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree used to be great. It was a gift that I went in there and I bought something, and it was a dollar, and then it became a dollar twenty five. And then the new CEO shows up and decides to expand, expand the merchandise list, and now there are items in there for five dollars. Probably if I watched it long enough, it'd be more than that. The balloons, the balloons are more than a dollar, right, air is more than a dollar. You realize the hydrogen thing, you know, I'm sorry, the healing, you know the story about the helium. You got a Dollar Tree, you buy a helium balloon, You're happy, you get four or five of them. It's great to bring home. Do you realize that this is? This is so weird. When I learned it, I had to check it. It's true. All of the world's helium comes from one mine. All of it comes from one mine, and the ninety percent of the business at Party City was balloons. Who knew they'd have these ten thousand square foot stores with overpriced costumes and party chotchkes, right, and the balloons. You wanted a balloon, you went to Party City. Maybe you went to Dollar Tree, but mostly you went to Party City. Every type of balloon you could ever want, all the cartoons, all the branded balloons, everything, right, you'd go there, you'd buy five or six, they'd blow them up for you. And it was part of the fun of going to Party City, which always empty except for the balloons. Every time I went to Party City, I'm like, well, maybe I'm just going at a very slow time of day, or maybe people have stopped giving parties. I never saw a crowded party city. I'm just thinking about this now. This is my deep philosophic considerations Party City. Yeah. Anyway, so the mystery of Party City is that they were always empty except for the balloons. You went in, you got ten balloons. You left. Well. Party City was totally dependent on helium, and the helium mine went on strike. They closed it down. The workers refused to go anymore, and for months there was no helium. You couldn't get helium. Party City couldn't get it. Dollar Tree couldn't get it. Helium was a rare and premium item and it only came from one mine. And by the time the strike was over and the helium was set free again, Party City was out of business. The party cities have gone bankrupt. And the reason it wasn't lack of business, which is what I would have been guessing, it was a lack of helium. Isn't that bizarre? This is the other side of Midnight with Walter Stirling. Would you like to go to the penial gland or would you like to hear Cat's yelling on Fox?
Speaker 10: This congestion pricing, it's killing our cities and in motorcycles, the motorcycles and me, I mean you can't cross the street without almost getting killed. I mean it is really, really, it's getting the quality of life is starting to be taxed.
Speaker 1: And don't forget all these taxes.
Speaker 10: The power to tax, the power to tax is the power to destroy.
Speaker 4: He's an incredibly entertaining man when he comes on the show, which he can do at any time, but he doesn't. He waits for an invitation and then I got a like, please come on, because he tells the best stories. John Katzimatidis, who owns this network. But I think there's enough of a back story, enough of a catalog of Katsimatidi's saying things, commenting on things. I think it would be possible to set up a twenty four hour something. I don't know what I have to think about it of just him, just him saying things, quotes from his news releases being on Fox, from his show Kats and Cosby with the Great Rita Cosby, Why adore. I think there's enough there and it's unique enough. Well here listen again.
Speaker 10: This congestion pricing, it's killing our cities, and in motorcycles, the motorcycles and the I mean you can't cross the street with almost getting killed. I mean it is really really it's getting The quality of life is starting to be taxed. Uh, and don't forget all these taxes. The power to tax, the power to tax is the.
Speaker 1: Power to destroy.
Speaker 4: He's a self made billionaire. And think about other self made billionaires that you that you know about, like that guy the found Schultz, the founder of Starbucks or one of the founders. He wasn't the founder. He was. He came in for a slide. It was a slide into first base. There and Mark Kuben, they're they're very calm, They control themselves. They want to appear professional, they want to appear to be billionaires. Right. But John Katzimatitis, he wants to tell the truth. He's a common sense here's the truth, here's the deal. How refreshing, how important? How freaking important?
Speaker 10: Is that?
Speaker 4: The way to make it work is the way I made Howard one hundred work. Yes, me, In my previous life, I was a programming advisor and one of my jobs was to start up Howard one hundred News. And I put together the cast for Howard one hundred News. But one of the things we realized is we pretty much needed a reporter on Howard all day just to cover Howard. And that's what would have to happen. Cats would have to have a real reporter with him all day to cover the things he did, file reports, keep it updated, go to events with him. I think it'd be a hoot and a half, all right, ladies and gentlemen. Walter Stirling fascinated by the chairman of the WNBA.
Speaker 8: I'm not a biologist, How can I be expected to define what a woman is if you think you know how to tell the difference between a man and woman.
Speaker 3: Please speak up?
Speaker 2: Boys have a penist?
Speaker 1: Girls have.
Speaker 4: Coming up? I have new faux information. If you look at old buildings, eighteen hundreds buildings, and you look at the glass facing the street, you notice that it's always kind of wavy. It's not clear. It's not a flat surface. Glass was thick and wavy and imperfect. And guess what, That's how they wanted it. And I'm going to share why. Coming up in seconds with Walter Sterling On the Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 8: The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling. The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 2: Walterstone, The Other Side of Midnight.
Speaker 4: How at eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two how eight one hundred eight four eight nine two two two Welcome to the Other side of Midnight.
Speaker 3: Hi, my name is hal Hallucinated wants to let you know that Walmart took down the cat litter Kitty Diggins the green catletter boxes of the Dagar stores. But I wanted to really cool to show about the Bible verses that talks about Ufo.
Speaker 7: Ezekiel four point one talks about ufo is in the Bible.
Speaker 4: And what does it say and what does it say in the Bible about UFOs?
Speaker 3: Uh the verse Ezekiel four point one, As I remember.
Speaker 4: Isn't that a bread? Isn't Ezekiel like a bread or raisin bread that's in the freezer.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm pronouncing of the name wrong Ezekiel easy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, you're not pronouncing it wrong. But it's also a bread in the freezer of the fancy supermarkets.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well used to buying Jewish viebread and toasting it.
Speaker 4: Also, by the way, hold hold on right there, hold on right there. Toasted Jewish rye with butter onter is amazing. It is like the most satisfying meal you could possibly have.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 6: Also the Art Bell Show.
Speaker 3: I remember he's.
Speaker 4: Been dead twenty years now. I don't want to hear about the Art Bell Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, look, this is a simulation world, and we were told him not to go back to the movie because.
Speaker 4: All of that nonsense with Art Bell and all those guys all started with long John Nibble.
Speaker 11: Hello, mister Canneth, Donald that's right, this is long John. I'm very happy to have this opportunity of talking with you. I'm sorry though that you weren't able to join us on the program. But I was wondering, did you hear any of the program that we had on last night? In reference to the Armstrong Circle Theater program? I did, Ron John, and in fact I stayed up.
Speaker 4: See they're all just cheap imitations of Long John, those people.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, you know, this is we were told and warned not to go back to the moon, and then they we are trying to go back.
Speaker 4: He who told us not to go back to the.
Speaker 3: Moon, the being on the moon told the told the astronauts don't come back here again. And when they were on the moon, they heard and saw heard beautiful music, and they saw a bunch of aliens pointing at them, and warned not to go back to the moon. Nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 4: I believe Do you believe that.
Speaker 6: Kind of now?
Speaker 4: Think about it? Do you believe it? How would they first? How would they have heard them, because there's no atmosphere, sound doesn't carry. How would they have heard them.
Speaker 3: Through the locker ship?
Speaker 5: They heard beautiful music?
Speaker 3: Through the rocker ship, and then when they got out of the locker ship they saw a bunch of aliens pointing at them, and telepathically they would want do not do not return here again. Do not come back here. If you do, you can get sick. And things were bad. Things will happen in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 4: But on the Moon there had to have been porta potties for humans. No, there wasn't There had to been, And thank you for the call. I appreciate the call. How eight hundred eight four eight nine two to two eight hundred eight four eight nine to two.
Speaker 12: I'm not aware of anything that we would have at NASA to declassify other and say that I'm as interested in you know, the president's message is probably any other space enthusiasts out there. Now, I will say having you know, I spent ten years leading a defense contracting company. You know, we we operated fighter jets all across the country, uh, simulating Uh, you know, bad guy capabilities. Say, look, there are a lot of as you would expect, exquisite capabilities that we have as a nation, uh for you know, for national security purposes that we have developed. All we have to do is look to the history books, right, SR seventy one was a pretty wild capability the nineteen sixties, nobody, you know, nobody would have imagined that F one seventeen was pretty wild. So do I think that there are probably capabilities we have as a nation that we developed and our adversaries that can do some pretty impressive things, you know, sure, So I wouldn't be surprised that.
Speaker 13: So that puts you in the camp that says a lot of the uap UFO sort of encounters and also sort of vapors around it are covers for human technologies.
Speaker 12: Yes, I would say, generally speaking, I think there are some that I'm aware of that were very easily explainable by not even phenomenon like this was this was you know, a weather balloon that at great range that reflected I know those conclusively. I also know conclusively some of them were related to, you know, test programs that were out there. I mean, people misidentified a lot of what was flying in the you know, nineteen sixties and eighties, you know, in the in the middle of the desert with lights on at night, looks strange.
Speaker 1: Turned out it was b too.
Speaker 12: Turned out it was F one seventeen, So I'm not surprised that that that could potentially fall in it. I would also ask people again, this is a good, you know, kind of Okham's razor thing. If if there was intelligent life that visited us from another world, where would you where would you be interested in going to observe us? I mean, Times Square seems like a good spot. The Las Vegas Strip seems like a good spot. I mean, there's got to be interesting areas. Why would you always pick our naval basis, you know, why would you pick off the coast of Virginia or San Diego or why? That probably signals it's more of a national security interest.
Speaker 4: Right up for audio.
Speaker 2: UFO Steling secrets.
Speaker 4: Coming up. You and I are going to talk about UFOs mysteries. Why where the buildings in the eighteen hundreds. Why were the front of those buildings built with wavy glass? Thick, heavy wavy glass in the windows. And you may be thinking, well, they didn't know how to make clear glass. Well, you and I are going to discuss that, and the answer is shocking. I have new information about Tartaria and the Tartarian libraries. The Tartarian Libraries, although they had all the information in the books they didn't actually have paper books. And men gaslighting what women do to men to keep us under control. That's shocking. I have no more about Rose O'Donnell, You're safe. And the God frequency. There's a frequency that enables us to get closer to God coming up in seconds. Other Side of Midnight, Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 14: Thanks for listening to the Other Side of Midnight. If you liked the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 1: What the heck is going on here.