Speaker 1: The following presentation is a Al Marvis Studio's production. When you look on the sky, do you feel the poll?
Speaker 2: The question why.
Speaker 1: The stories told and left behind in shadows where the truth we find? They build their tails on crafts and lights on theories.
Speaker 3: They stake their designed.
Speaker 1: Put down here.
Speaker 2: On this solid ground the answer screen there.
Speaker 3: Welcome back truth seekers from around the world. It's time for another edition of the Flat Earth Files. I'm your host, as always, George Hobbs. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to the podcast. We greatly appreciate all the support. We have a great guest standing by. Before we bring Phil on, just a couple of quick reminders, please do stop by the website. It is theflatearthfiles dot Com. I do have a little catching up to do, very much under the weather the last ten days on the rebound. Feeling much much better, but my apologies for not getting all the information for last week's post, but that should be done by close of business today. And check out the chatroom. Lots of folks there having conversation, the forum, a lot of deep dives. There lots to do the flat eearthfiles dot com. If you would like to join the podcast like Phil is today, shoot us an email and that email is fe filesguest at gmail dot com. Again it is fe filesguest at gmail dot com. We have some openings that are coming up, so feel free to reach out and we'll get them filled just as quickly as we can. And that's all the housekeeping we have for today. We're going to bring on our special guest who sits I guess about two hours north of me in the great state of New Jersey. His name is Phil. Welcome to the program, Phil. How are you, sir?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. How are you, George.
Speaker 3: I'm doing really good. I'm doing much better, I should say, beautiful day, and I'm just thankful to have you on today. Certainly a lot to talk about, and feel free to take a few minutes and introduce yourself to the audience.
Speaker 1: I am a forty five year old chef by trade, my own my own small business, which has a lot to do with what led me to contacting you in our conversation today, with being shut down in a pandemic and the way that left me feeling. The main thing I do with my business, though, is I work alone in my kitchen by choice because I came to this conclusion that I wanted to see how much I could create with my own two hands, which led me getting into procuring wild food. So my restaurant, I buy the proteins and everything else is I source from nature. And I heard one of your shows a couple of weeks ago, and you you were mentioning how you you believe that when somebody gets their food from nature, you know, it gives them a closer relationship with things. And for me that that was a closer relationship with God and trusting God, and you know, seeing the interest trickisses in different plants and the intricacies and a flower. It was it was through all that that And I mean I pick hours, hundreds of hours a year, walk hundreds of miles a year, and it was through all that time alone that I was looking at these things and I was like, there's no Maybe one thing was by accident, right, maybe one thing was by accident, but there's no way when you put everything together that you can say that there is not a creator. And that's what led me down the road where I'm at today, and it really is what led me to accepting and believing in flat earth and I believe that I was led down this path in my life to come to that conclusion.
Speaker 3: That's amazing and number one, kudos to you. And that is something that I closed my business about a year before COVID hitting. I'm not going to sit here and say that I knew something was going down particularly, but I could see I was retail, brick and mortar. Most people in brick and mortar could see. I had a lot of friends that were within the brick and mortar content in them all. We all knew each other, and we talked and we saw how you know, businesses like Amazon and congal conglomerates like Walmart, et cetera, you just can't compete with them as far as buying, et cetera. But I would never would have thought that a year later that the government would pick and choose who could operate who could not operate, and then on top of that, taking taxpayers money and just passing it out and saying, you know, basically here is almost it felt like a bribe. Right, you take this twelve hundred dollars and you're just going to accept what we do. I don't know exactly how you perceived it, but what was that like for you, I.
Speaker 1: Like, it felt really dirty at like a bribe Like you said, it felt really dirty. It was. I had to go through the custody system. Unfortunately I had to fight for my son, which was one of the really eye opening things in my life. Like that that was really insulting, this rival in comparison with it. I mean, I'm a chef every Friday and Saturday night of my life, my adult life. I've worked every friend's wedding, every friend's birthday party, every child of my friend's birthday. I've missed, you know, and then the invitation stopped coming. And that's fine because I said on a path. You know, I'm not trying to cry well with me, but it's like here I sacrificed my life to earn to learn a craft, to learn a trade, to excel at a craft, to excel at a trade, and here I have a Governor Murphy telling me that, like, you know, you got to do this, you got to do that. And it was one of the most insulting things that I've ever gone through in my life. But I mean, as we'll get through in the conversation, I leaned on my faith in Jesus to get through it, and that's when I really started. I used to pick some wild food and I used to buy some wild food for purveyors nationwide. There's some of them. And it was at that point I said, you know what I'm done. I'm just going to pick all my own food and Jesus is going to provide for me in this and it's his creation, and that's what I'm going to cook with, which is where I'm at now. I mean we're five years removed now. I'm going through something where it's like, you know, I go to the restaurant, I make food. People see the food and they're like, oh, it's just amazing. But for me, it's like, well, do you understand I'm cooking with like the creation. That's where I'm at with it now. And I've done a lot of interviews. I mean I've done them with the major papers in Philadelphia. I've been and I had interviews. They get published throughout the whole state of New Jersey for what I do because it's unique what I do. But every time I want to talk about something, you know, like that, like faith or Jesus, they always want to mark it up to oh, you mean Mother Nature and it's like, no, I don't mean mother nature. You know what I mean. I didn't say mother nature because I don't mean mother nature. So it's been this whole for me, the journey I'm on, which is why I reached out to you, is because I want this is what I want to talk about, you know what I mean. And it's like I listen to your show or other shows, and it's the control the media has goes down to even like the smallest publications on not getting the word out about Jesus and not really getting the word out about faith or your truth.
Speaker 3: You know, absolutely they want it controlled, and like you said, they want to tip the captive science. That's why they want to encapsulate it as mother nature. And even you know, every now and then you'll hear the President mentioned God, right, you know this God, But rarely will you ever hear someone in a position of power actually give glory to Jesus. And that's one thing that I think people kind of miss. Right. We do give our glory to God, but we are saved through Jesus. And I wish that that people who were in power would mention Jesus more because that is who who died on the Cross for us and gives us eternal salvation. And I think there's a lot of people who are deceived, you know, whether it's sports or whatever. They'll give glory to God, but you know, we should really be talking about Jesus Christ as well and spreading the gospel of his word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. And then to touch on another point of the pandemic, the thing that and like, I have a lot, you know, I have friends that are like Trump, and I'm gonna get my bunker to like the other side, you know, And like I don't care about politics. I think it's all corrupt. I think it's all evil, and I don't trust any of them. Do what does that make me anti government? I have no idea, you know, even that has a stereotype anymore. But what really did me in during the pandemic was the restaurant revitalization fund.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you remember that vaguely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got approved for it and I lost. I lost a ton of money in that time, you know, And and it's money I could have invested from my future, you name it. And the restaurant right revitalization on was the one where if you were a white person you had to wait twenty one days for your application to be improved, and the money had run out by then. And I just found it insulting because like my family came to this country from Ireland and Italy in the nineteen thirties. So it's like I always find it crazy that I'm just the white guy, you know what I mean, Like you're just going to get rid of my Italian and Irish heritage. And that really did me in because it really showed me what was there was. You can see that there's an agenda there, you know.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I'm kind of looking through the old news and apparently this ended up going through the court system because I think that was prioritizing women and minorities, and it looks like a lot of people ended up taking this to court. I'm saying there was some rulings through the sixth Circuit Court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like I said, I mean, okay, you know what, Like I said, I have faith in Jesus and like he will provide for me. It's not about that. But I do have a thirteen year old son. I do do physical labor. That's how I put food on my table, and know what I mean, that's how I pay my electric bills. So like I mean, it was upwards of well over one hundred thousand dollars that like I got to prove for and I just didn't get because because of the color of my skin. And then you can tell some people that and they'll be like, well, now you know how this person felt. Now you know how that felt. And it's like, you know, you kind of just beat you down to the point where it's like I don't even want to talk to you then, because like that's not even when I'm trying you know, that's tell what I'm trying to say here, I'm talking about me in my life, Like I had nothing to do with the things you're bringing up. You know, it's like this mass retribution that we have to pay for.
Speaker 3: Right, and people need to realize that throughout the history of our world, the sixty five hundred years, every race, every gender has been dealt some type of blow, and instead of uh, you know, continuing to play the card, you know, instead of moving forward, they continued to use these things to divide and conquer us. So instead of focusing on the real problems, which is the ruling elite, they keep us fighting amongst each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would one hundred percent agree with that. So that, Yeah, that was COVID For me. It was tough. You know, I was working, I was homeschooling. I did take out for a little while, and then I went in to cooking people's houses. But I also, you know, I soaked up in an old school style. I soaked up all the windows of my restaurant. You know, it's a small little restaurant, and I was doing you know, so called illegal dinners in there. And I'm just sitting in there and I'm like, you know, for regular it's people that I really know that still wanted to go out. We weren't so concerned with the whole thing. And I'm sitting there and it's like, I'm in my own business. I'm not scared of the thing. These people aren't scared of the thing. But the whole time, I'm afraid the cops are going to like, you know, bust through the door, and who knows what's going to happen. You know, Why I got to live like that? Why am I being forced to live like that? Was the was the major thing for me that was so hard, you know, Like what I went into a threst store one time, and I, you know, I'll put the mask on. I'll put the mask on. You got to use hand sanitizer, I said, I don't use hand sanitizer. Well, you can't come in here. I said, you know what, then, I'm not coming in here and I'll just take my money somewhere else. You know. The control thing. I don't like being controlled in life like that. And that was the hardest thing for me. Was just like there's so many rules that just didn't make sense, just that we're tied to that just nonsense, you know, scientific data. This guy said this, this guy said that, and here's your life as an individual. Just like then, I'm glad I had faith in Jesus in that time, or I don't know how I would have got throw it. I don't know how. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a very difficult time for a lot of people for many reasons, and especially for business owners. And it's funny to me that, you know, within the last couple of years, there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of articles that that have entailed that the draconian COVID restrictions did more harm than good. And that is like, if there was ever a more captain obvious statement in the history of this world. I mean, after the second week, like I would say, probably ninety percent of the people were kind of okay, all right, we're going to do this for fifteen days and we're going to move on with our lives. Like a lot of people thought, this is two weeks where I can take a break. Maybe even people like yourself who run restaurants and have been working NonStop for twenty years, maybe they saw this as a chance to just catch their breath for two weeks, and then we were going to move on and life would go back to the way it always had been.
Speaker 1: However, however, one of the funniest things I remember from that is texting my friends a picture and I detailed my toolbox, you know. So it's like you're saying, yeah, the two weeks, Yeah, it was. It was nice to have a little break, I guess you could say.
Speaker 3: Right, absolutely, And I thought people and I think that was the first misstep of the general population. If people remember Reagan famously said the nine most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help. And that is something that we should have heeded. Actually thinking that they were going to keep their word and it was just going to be fifteen days and it wasn't going to turn into something that it actually did. And you started it. Actually, for me, it didn't take very long to start to see the evils of what they actually had planned. And when you started to see churches shut down, when you started to see pastors arrested, when you started to see mom and pop shots like yourself having to to you know, have you know, do business behind closed doors, because you still had to pay rent or your mortgage. And of course they came out with laws which I think hindered property owners, like maybe X person didn't have to pay rent, but the guy who owed the banks still eventually had to pay his mortgage. It was just this, what we know today is the largest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind. And that was just one of the agendas behind it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really was. And and you know it's just as I get older, you know, it's like I listened to you and when you say you got out of the military, you really started looking into stuff, you know, And part of my struggle is like and like I'm a real humble person. I do what I do to be a father to my son. I'm open three days a week so I can be a parent the other days. I applied for jobs and said that I wanted that, and I was you know, they thought I had cancer, And so I went on Craigslist and I found this restaurant and I opened. It's a classic story. I mean, I made my own tables. I did all the construction in there. When I say it's like a small little shoe box, that's what it is. You know. I made the tables out of plywood, staying them nice. And it's the classic story of opening night. There was forty dollars in my pocket and is this gonna work? It's gonna work. And if it's not, it's not. You know, it worked, and I believe it worked because I was. I was living from a pure, honest intention place. And like I've had, you know, a fair amount of recognition one of the things. And I don't care about any of it. That's the point of this. But I got nominated for a James Beard Award, I think two years ago for Best Chef mid Atlantic and the whole mid Atlantic region, right, And this is like one of the most prestigious American awards. You can be nominated for whatever supposedly, right, So I'm like, okay, great, So they send you the packet of things to be accepted. And it's bothered me ever since what I put in my email because I feel like I went back on my faith. But it's fine because I think things like that happen in life to teach you things, you know what I mean. But in this fact, you have to sign their ethics rules. You're going to adhere to their ethics rules to accept this award, which is approval from man to get this award. And I mean it's very anti Christian, and it's like if they hear this conversation, I would lose my award, you know. And it's like I'm at the point where I'm forty five. I still need to make a living, but I just can't. It's eating me up inside more and more. Not to just speak about what I want to speak about how it pertains to food. I got into natural food, so you want to talk about like I started line cooking. The fish order would come through the door and it would smell like the ocean just pulled up, and we get a meat order. The meat was the most beautiful colors you've ever seen. Now, the food is disgusting. Okay, I use all organic, I use no hormones and stuff like that, But the food, I don't know if they changed the feed to save money or what they did like three or four years ago. And I have another chef buddy that's been doing it this whole life rate in my town here where I live. We've known each other twenty years, says the same thing. I mean, they bring the fish and it smells like cat food, and nothing has the same flavors that it used to. And you think about all the poison in our vegetables and all the poison and stuff. This isn't a conversation that like say, the Philly Inquirer wants to have with you, you know what I mean. But this is the conversation that needs to be had. Like it's everybody's called up in their TikTok videos and all this stuff. It's like, we need to have an actual conversation about food. Where you're going to get food? I mean, I live my life. I don't live in food. I don't if it happens, it happens. I I don't see how you can live right now and be like everything's gonna be okay, or things are gonna get better, you know what I mean, Like I I just don't don't see it, not with Trump, not with what's going on in the world, not with the stock market, not with anything. I don't. I don't see how you can look at that and say, yeah, everything's gonna get better. You know, New world order is not coming. And you sound crazy to some people talking like that, though you.
Speaker 3: Know it is. And I think it's important. I mentioned this on the radio show yesterday. I think now more than ever, we have to be more forthright about the truth, whether it be COVID nine to eleven, but you know, even more importantly the Gospel of Jesus Christ because if like exactly what you just said, if you know, people with discernment in their eyes can kind of see how quickly things are accelerating. And I'm not here to say, you know, stand on the mountaintop, say the end is near and just push fear into everybody's hearts, because it shouldn't take fear to push people into action. Unfortunately, as humans that that that's what it takes a lot of times. But uh, you know, anyone with vision can see just in the last five years, how things have accelerated, and you know, I think we do have to do the best we can, even you know, we all know everybody who's listened to this podcast has probably at least one time tried to share the truth, whether it's flat Earth, whether it's nine to eleven, whether it's whatever, and they've been looked down upon, they've been ridiculed, And that takes a lot out of a person, right because it takes for someone to come out the first time and it kind of have this conversation like we can talk about the moon landing and JFK, nobody's gonna ridicule you. But when you get when you get to flatter Earth and other things, people will almost excommunicate you for your thoughts. And that is something that we really got to. I think it's going to take everyone trying to get the word out to get people to accept the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I mean to compliment you. That's why you know, I wanted to call in to try and just be honest with you and you know, maybe somebody hears it, or just to give back to your show in this respect, to be honest, tell you who I am, to come out as a business owner and stuff like that. But you know, there is a fine line, I think, because there is a lot of stuff out there where it's like screaming the end is nigh, you know. And I mean your show is just you always have the same ton you know, and it's it's very approachable to listen to the topics and and it's it's I very much and enjoyed it. And you know that if you want to segue to flat earth, I mean I I talked to a couple of people about it. Yeah, I get ridiculed. I talk to my son about it, and he ridicules me, which is fine because I always tell him. I'm like, I'm trying to teach you even if you don't want to believe in it, that's fine. You have a father that believes in something, that stands his ground. And also I'm trying to teach you critical thinking to not because you know, he goes to the school and well the school says this, and I'm like, well, so I'm trying to teach him also how to critical think, because that is a lost art in the children anymore. And like I have a guy that comes in into the restaurant and he's going to listen to this.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 1: I won't say his last name, but we got to talking, and it's he is on board with everything, you know what I mean. This guy is on board with anything you just mentioned. He sees through it. Right, bring up flat Earth? Now, well why not? Oh, NASA and this and this, and it's like he doesn't believe in the moon landing. But you know the reason is is NASA, you know, well, the satellites into this and to that, and and you know, I think I give a lot of credit to the plan in the sense where it's really a genius plan. What they did. They took the Bible and within the first couple pages they destroyed creation. So now when you pick up a Bible and you read that, you're like, well, the whole thing must just be a story, or the whole thing must just be like you know whatever they say, poems and stuff like that. But it's not. And I think that's the most beautiful thing when you finally see it and you realize that the Bible is true, it's it's a life changing experience. Now, I came to Jesus thirteen years ago. I had a supernatural experience with the spirit in a field by my house. Read the Bible, and I was I you know, I read the Bible. I believed in Jesus, you know, that's what I did. I didn't I didn't truly understand certain things. So I was going on. I would smoke marijuana, I would I would get drunk. I all these things right, because I'd never been to a church. They don't teach certain things at churches. They just you know, and through flat earth that brought me to, you know, some teachings by some pastors about you know, habitual sin and stuff like that, and since to death, things I had never known about that I know about now and I'm accountable for now. I quit cursing, I quit fornicating, I quit getting habitually drunk. I don't do any drugs, you know. And it's it's truly changed my life, but it's it's I don't think it's by chance. I think this was all part of God's design in my life to bring me this at the time he did, and to move on now with this. And I don't mind speaking about it. I don't care what people think about me. And now I told some people I was coming on this and they're like, what if somebody finds out? You know what I mean? Like, what do you mean what if somebody finds out? You know? But it is for me. I mean, if somebody did find out, you know, it could affect my career and my business. But I don't care anymore, you know what I mean. And that's what this whole thing has brought me to, is to not caring anymore. You know, I don't have a pension, I don't have a like retirement like that. So it's like, but I don't care because I just did. Every day I wake up more and more. I just want to, you know, share share my message, which is, you know, just have faith in Jesus.
Speaker 3: Amen. And isn't it funny if you really pull yourself away from everything and you're you're crazy for believing that the Earth is flat and water is retained by the walls of Antarctica, et cetera. But it's cool and one hundred percent understandable if you believe in little green men flying in spaceships that come from hundreds of millions of miles away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the other thing that amazes me too is like you know, how I'm I I meet a lot of different people because I, you know, I have a business, you know, of course, and I the foraging circle, you know, the wild food circle is predominantly like pretty pretty left oriented. So you know, you find the people that are like I get my direction from the energy of the flowers. It's like, okay, like you put so much time and effort into this. If if you put a tenth of the time and the effort into reading the Bible and trying to live in that accord you you would benefit so much more from.
Speaker 3: It, you know what I mean, absolutely, And it shouldn't be a left or right thing, but you are right. It is mostly a you know, people who are one with the nature and mother and nature, but you rarely find them using the word God.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah all the time. And then like you know, like you were saying earlier, with the science, you know, scienism or whatever. It's it's huge in the mushroom world because I pick all my own mushroom students. And you know, it used to be like, we'll take one for an example, a Porcini mushroom was a Porcini mushroom. Now it's they're doing all these DNA sequences is on these mushrooms and they keep changing all the time, and it's like you could go so people don't respect me. I know it's a porcini. I know how to cook to porcini, But because I don't know the newest scientific name, I'm not educated enough to speak on it. You know what I mean when it's like all that is is a way to drive people away from finding the porcini and sustaining their life.
Speaker 3: You know, absolutely, I wanted to digress for just a second before we get too far away from it. While you were speaking, I looked up the James Beard Foundation and right, they are a nonprofit, so their tax records are available to the public, and it's amazing to see how much money goes to the people who work within the organization to pay their salaries. Just last year, almost six million dollars were paid to salaries. Literally half of the donations or the money they have goes to pay themselves. And that doesn't include the fundraising the quote unquote other expenses, which is their rent and their plane tickets and their hotel rooms and things of that nature. And then when you go down and you actually read their statement of program services, et cetera, you're right, it breaks it down. They play the individualist card, they play the Marxist card. They talk about how they are trying to get more women involved and a minority is involved, and again it goes back to not who is the best, but it goes back to this Marxist breakdown of individualism and you know, really against what this should all be about. You're either the best or you're not.
Speaker 1: And that's what I used to love about it. I looked at it like as an athlete, like I'm going to outperform you and I'm going to be the best, you know, and they took away all that. So it's kind of like, you know, it's not what's the point of doing this, but it kind of is, you know, And like, yeah, I get emails from them all the time. You know, they're they're on board, you know, the food equity or whatever the word is, and like, you know, they're very much into the climate change thing, and like that's what people always want to want me to talk about. But I don't believe in climate change. I believe in government weather manipulation. You know, Like, are they going to print that in the Philadelphia I'm not absolutely not, Like, but that's what it is. I mean like it just is and it's you know, it's it's hard to sit here and talk to people about it because it's just like, you know, it's like how do you do the breadcrumbs when you know so much? But I'm pretty good, Like with this mac guy. Text him the other I'm going to get him. I'm telling you, I'm going to get him. I almost have him. But like I text him the other day, I was like, hey, man, I hope you're doing okay. I heard you were spinning around at one thousand miles an hour, flying through space at sixty seven thousand miles an hour, through the universe going one point three miles an hour. Let me know if you need anything, you know, And it's just little jokes like that and maybe get him thinking. And I'm going to get him eventually on board with the flat Earth. I really think I am.
Speaker 3: Is he a man of faith? Because I do find it interesting.
Speaker 1: Now and now he's not that I know of, And I think that is why it's so hard for people, because and it's all part like when like I've heard it, like listen, I think you're fifty seven. You said maybe.
Speaker 3: I'll be fifty six this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I was forty three when I came to it, and oh man, yeah, two weeks I was like sick. I was sick because you realize everything's a lie and it just is and that's truth of it, and it's okay, and it was all done to destroy the Bible, which is is fine, and their plan makes sense and everything. But I think that's why it's it's so hard to get people to come to it, because when they come to it, they have to get they have to come to Jesus, and I don't. It's it's not easy to give up your sin. It's not easy to give up your way of life, you know. And like I got sick and a couple I mean like sick from the realization of it. And then probably about two three months later something something hit me. I mean I read my Bible every day, I study, I listen to worship music, and I was around the house and something hit me and it was like, it's not just my life that was the lie. It was my parent's life that was the lie. It was their parents' life that was the lie. So what if I'm here today, how many decisions got made up until that point to where I am today? That we're based off of the lie, you know what I mean, And that's like, well, what is your life then? And it really just became clear to me that it's the only thing that truly matters is walking with Jesus and studying that and living the best life you can, but not being in fear. There's nothing to be afraid of. Like, I enjoy my life. I have a garden now back, I have a beautiful home that I fixed up for myself. Like you can sit here and be like, wow, this guy not you, But oh look at all this doom and gloom. It's not doom and gloom. It brings you to the greatest piece you will ever have in your life. Accepting flat Earth and realizing that there is a creator and you are special. You are not this little speck of thing that means nothing in the vastness of nonsense. You were created with the plan. Find your plan and live it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, absolutely, And it does take a lot of the fear you may have had out before, just out of the context. What is there to fear? And that's really the attitude we should have had into The other thing is, within the last week or two, there have been hundreds of stories about that there is a one in eighty three chance of this asteroid hitting Earth in twenty thirty two, and trust that this.
Speaker 1: Morning when I woke up and thought of you, I was like, oh this I forgot. But yeah, I just saw that and laughed and thought of you this morning at pop Top.
Speaker 3: And I wonder how many people are just stressing or sharing this story with their friends on email or texting hey did you see this? But when with flat Earth and your belief with the firmament and everything, you just laugh at that and understand this is another way that they are subconsciously psychologically manipulating people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean for me up here, I mean, I mean my son was really scared of the drones because what were they? I mean one we saw one come over our neighborhood. It was like, I would explain it as a refrigerator, and it was low a refrigerator flying around. It's like, well, what is he? You know what I mean, Like, wow, what is going on here? For me, it was like, I believe that something's going to happen eventually to get us all chipped and usher in whatever they want to usher in. Right, That's what I believe. But from my son. It was very scary for him, and I talked him through it. But you know, what was that? You know? But I didn't. I wasn't in fear. It's just like what is going on? It's almost like what is going on now? Kind of mentality that I have anymore, you know, like what are they trying to do? Now?
Speaker 3: So did your city's leadership ever address the population?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Nothing now Now I live in a small town on the edge of the pine barons up here, but yeah, no, nothing. It's but it's like you always say, you know, it's just the next thing. Then the planes crash and then this happened. You forget, people forget you know, they're on to their next thing, and they're so distracted, you know. As I told you in the email, I've lived without I just got Wi Fi two years ago from my son's school, but I've lived without TV my whole adult life. So like I don't, I don't really. I have the phone, which I need for work, but other than that, I don't really spend a lot of time in that system per se. So I have a lot of free thinking my whole adult life. But another point, what originally it never left me? What I told you in that email. I don't know how old I was. I was probably seven or nine years old maybe, and I grew up in a very mentally and emotionally abusive situation. My father went to prison when I was five years old, so you know, my mother was raising us. I'm sure she didn't deal with what happened very well, so it wasn't the best upbringing. But I remember asking her one time. I was like, you know, I was like, Mom, I was like, how do the people in Australia you walk if they're upside down? And I was serious, you know, because maybe I learned something in school or something. She says to me, she goes, well, their eyes flip it around for them. And she was a teacher, so and she loved science fiction and an atheist, so this is where I was going off them, sounds great, right, And I says to her, I said, well, so if we go to Australia, how are our eyes going to know to flip it around if we're not from there? And the conversation got shut down after that because we weren't really allowed to speak too much about thoughts or emotions growing up, and that always stuck with me. And then, like I said, two years ago, somebody gave me Spotify and I had had Apple, but I had never I listened to music. But I got the Spotify and I knew Spotify had podcasts. I didn't know if Apple had podcasts, and I never looked and I was like, you know, I was going through my own journey with the picking the food and realizing that and I believed it was was flat and that thought always stuck with me. And I was like, you know what, let me just see if there's a flat earth podcast. I know that's might be funny because there's so probably a lot of them, right, but I and yours is the first one that came up. And before I even listened to it, I was like, yeah, it's flat, it's flat. If there's a community, I was like, it's flat. And then I listened, and then you know, I really solidified it for me. And like I wouldn't say I brought or you know, I believe Jesus brought me to the flat earth truth through the wild food, and I believe then I was brought to your podcast. Now like but your other show, It's like then I listened to that stuff because I had never really looked into it because I'd never listened to a podcast or anything, or I've always kind of done my own thing. I mean, it was just so easy to hear this stuff, you know what I mean. It's like, oh, person, am B did this and this is why this isn't true? And it's like, yeah, I can see that now, you know. It helps you understand the truth so much easier, which is what I try to explain to this one guy who's already on board, but I can't. I can't get him to the flat Earth. What he did come last night though, and he did tell me, He's like, he's like, you almost have me. So I got to hopefully this show puts them over the top, you know, hopefully this is what seals the deal, because I would like to get one, you know, I just want this one convert to flat Earth. I would really I would really like to be able to say I got one. And I have a couple others that I've tried, but you know, they get caught up in there their other stuff, and it's it's a lot of work to do all this research. I mean, I went down the hole of the Catholic Church. Everything I'm going down all the holes, you know, but I like it. You know, it's it's knowledge, it's it's it makes it. All these lies strengthen the Bible, in my opinion, that's what all these lies do because not like you've said before that a lot of people believe that there's a Satanic worshiping elite, right, but they don't so you don't believe that there's a God, Like, how do you think there's a Satan? Even Satan worshippers know that there's a God or else there wouldn't be a Satan, So that doesn't even make sense right there.
Speaker 3: You know that That is something I've argued often to people who are atheists, but who in their truth investigations acknowledge an evil, you know, whether they believe it's Satan or not. They say, yeah, obviously, and they'll use the term Satan worshiping, so that there has to be a God. And that's something I think they miss and that is something that the truth community really needs. I think we're gaining right. But if you look at the two biggest truthers you know, Rogan and I'm talking about from a listenership, from a volume aspect, you know, Jones and and Rogan. You know, they still bring in the aliens, and you know that the disclosure that's coming and all these things that will eventually lead to what Ronald Reagan put in people's ears forty years ago that if there was other an outside force, right that would unite the world, kind of an Independence Day type of situation, right, which would bring in a new world order.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You know, this this Project Bluebeam, and we send our Space force to fight it, and we're victorious, and that ushers in, you know, the one world government. You know, that is something that I think that could be on the horizon.
Speaker 1: I mean, I agree with you too, and that's you know, I have I have a little guard now back. And you know, the wild food is what's great for me because I'll always be able to find that. You know, everything I gets, like pretty much within a fifteen minute radius in my house ninety percent into stuff. So I can always get that food, you know. And I have the but tane burner in the basement, the bags of rice, you know, the life straws. And you know, I think being a I think being a parent with this mentality it can be it's challenging sometimes because you want your your kid to get on board, which you know might not happen, But you also don't want to come off as l this this crazy person to your kid, you know what I mean. So I it's it's a hard it's a hard line to walk sometimes, but I just tell them, you know, it's it's better to be prepared. It's best. Who cares if we never use it? Who cares? You know? But it's it's better to be prepared, because I mean, I'm with you. I do believe. I think in our lifetime we will see the attempt at the mark of the beast and you can't get it. And that's what I really have been preparing myself for. You can't get it. You can't. It's it's it's damnable. You can't get it. And so many people are going to get it, so many, so many pastors are going to lead their congregations to get it.
Speaker 3: You know, yep, because so many pastors have bought into scientism. Too many people pastors were just willing to close their churches. And that that was kind of my next question was have you been able to find a church that meets your needs or have you just not had any luck there?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you asked, because like in this journey, you know, it's things of the Bible are starting to bother me. And I didn't have a church, you know, and so I was going around from church to church in my area. I had a major problem with a Baptist church here, just you know. But then I have recently in September, I found a church that does work for me. And because you're supposed to go to church and you're supposed to fellowship, you know, and I I think I have realistic expectations of it, you know. I'm I think if you just went to this church and you didn't read the word on your own, and you didn't you didn't study on your own, then you're not going to get everything you need to live life, you know what I mean. But with my studying coupled with the worship at this church, and they have a good message. They're very nice people. You know, they're a bigger church. I'm surprised because I judged, and I judged it. I mean, it's five minutes from my house. Every time I drove by it, I was like, yeah, it's like not the place for me. And then they do a prayer service on Wednesday nights, and I was like, you know what, let me just go check this out. I mean, I was just like I was in tears within ten minutes, and like beautiful tears. You know. I was like, look at this place, because people worship at this church, and I love going and watching people worship in the times we live in. You know, it's so easy, es actually, when you get caught up and all these topics we're discussing, you know, it's really easy to like, it could be real easy without a sound soul, to go into a dark place, you know, and view the world as just as a as a dark place. But yeah, I go to this church and I just sit there sometimes and watch people. They you know, they lift their hands in the air, they yell, and they just can tell it's an authentic love for Jesus and it's not up to me to decide how passionate they are about their walk. Right. So I just love going to worship, and you know, I believe I'm being led into some kind of ministry through the food, which is where I'm at now. I have no interest in really running a restaurant anymore. I have no interest in just being perceived as it's almost like I feel like you can read articles about me, right, I almost feel like it's this character because it's not who I really am, ends up making you feel like a fraudulent person, you know, because why am I not living my true life? But then it's hard because, like I said, you talk to these publications and they do not want to hear any of it. They don't want to hear about how you know, Monsata, I mean you look at how much have you ever seen? So much food have listeria in your life? Every day you open the news, this has hysteria, that has hysteria. Maybe once or twice a year. Back in the day, growing up, you would hear about it. Now it's every day. Our food system is so destroyed right now, and then you you know, I can't even tell you, Like take veal cheeks for example, I used to pay four dollars and fifty cents for a veal cheek. You know, it's a good takes a little bit of work, but by the time it's done, I can make a good amount of money on a veal cheek. Right, got veal cheeks three weeks ago eighteen dollars and fifty cents a pound for the cheek for the cheek of a veal. I was at the restaurant store the other day, like you know, eggs and some flowers and stuff like that. One hundred and eight dollars for fifteen dozen eggs. Now that's wholesale. That's not a retail price. One hundred and eight dollars. How are you going to make money that way? Like, I still make money, Okay, I'm still successful. I don't care about money. I care about paying my bills, and I care about a certain lifestyle that I live, which is being a father and operate my business three days a week. I don't I work seven days a week, but I'm only open to the customers three days a week. That's my goal is to have enough money to keep doing that. But between the over the last five years, so much money has been taken out of my pocket by the government that it would just pick a number, say it's fifty thousand dollars, which it's not. It's a lot. More So if I'm still successful and I don't need that fifty thousand dollars, and like I said, I don't have a retirement fund or anything. If I put that fifty thousand dollars in a very safe fund for fifteen twenty years. Now, whatever that number is at the end, Now, that's the money that you took away from my future, from my son's future. And and it's it's hard not to get angry. I don't get angry because of my faith, but it's hard not to get angry that it's and it's you know, because it's like, well, what am I? Why? Why? Why? Why you view my life as that? And that's the government I'm talking about, you know, who are you to control me like that? Who are you to do that to my life? Like? Am I supposed to be walking around with a salt pan in my hand when I'm you know, seventy five years old? When I worked my whole life and I've had success, it did so the whole thing, you know, doesn't add up sometimes. But I used to be open six days a week, right. I used to do lunch. I used to do three dinners and I used to do two brunches because I didn't know what was going to stick. Okay, I was open all those hours. My highest gas and electric bill I ever had and all that time was like six hundred and ninety dollars okay, this summer, and I'm only open three nights a week now, I do have customers in my restaurant for about seventeen hours a week. Okay, and I'm prepping and I'm cooking, But nothing that's changed. I make less than I used on everything. I had a nine hundred and summidd dollar gas and electric bill at the restaurant, nine hundred dollars, nine hundred dollars, one hundred and eight dollars for eggs, eighteen fifty for veal cheek scalps used to be seventeen ninety nine. They're forty five dollars a pound right now. And it this so you have the choice to either not use high quality ingredients and use garbage. And that's what you're selling the people, and that's what's getting people sick. You cut corners, or you know, you go out of business, Like, what is the point? I worked thirteen hours yesterday. I'm forty five years old. I worked thirteen hours yesterday. I left my house at ten o'clock in the morning. I didn't get home till twelve thirty because I had to go to Philly to pick up my fish. I had to commute home. You know what I mean. I washed all my own dishes at my restaurant because after the pandemic, I'm not getting duck in a situ and like I have a byob, there's china, there's wine glasses, white wine, red wine. You know, it's that type of restaurant. I'm washing all my own dishes, I'm cooking all my own stuff because I'm not getting stuck in that position again where the government's going to tell me I'm on the hook for an employee. I'm on the hook for an employee. And now I'm supposed to pay on top of all those prices I just told you, as a small business owner, I'm supposed to pay somebody twenty twenty five dollars an hour for a menial job. What is the point of me owning a business? And that's what it's really coming down to. And I think it's a it's a slow bleed on mom and pops small businesses. And it's so sad to watch you drive by these places and you see them little by little they're closing, you know, month by month. And that was the dream. Like I have a thirteen year old kid, what's his dream gonna be? How's he going to afford rent? How's he going to afford? Listen? I moved out to la when I was like twenty to play music, surf and smoke weed. Okay, is that a good life decision now? But I took a risk, and now I own a house and a business. I was able to make a bad life decision or two in the past, you know, and still bounce back. I don't see how my son does that anymore, which is why I try to bring him to the truth. Why I try to tell him, you have to be smarter than the other people in these respects, because it's almost like warfare on your life. One soul to hell is a success for them, you know, that's what they want. They want you to give up. They want you to go to the bar. They want you to be unhappy and go go outside your marriage. They want you to be addicted to drugs. They want you to be that. I don't care if they have a program to help you when you're on that, that's just a smoke strom. Their goal is to get you to not believe in Jesus, to not have hope. It's all disgusting, horrible things, right.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent? And if you think about it. What do they push? They push gambling, especially if you watch sports. Everything is based on gambling now. And that's I know, we talked a little bit before we hit the record button. We're both within the Philadelphia region and they're in the Super Bowl, but everything is like fan duel and all of this other stuff. They want to normalize gambling. Here in Delaware. They have made it so easy for anybody to get a marijuana card. There's dispensaries all over the place here. They've normalized that, and it's just an interesting road we're going down. I'll never forget speaking of the wages people have to pay today. A couple of years ago, going through the drive through with Duncan Donuts just to grab a quick cup of coffee, and they had signs plastered all over their grass. We need help now, starting at seventeen dollars an hour to work at Dunkin Donuts. And I remember when I was fifteen sixteen working at the local deli for three thirty five an hour and being grateful, you know, busting my behind or at my grandparents' car a lot, you know, for three fifteen hour whatever it was, and to see the jump so quick you realize that they are. That was one of the other aspects of COVID was to rate hikes so high that mom and pop can't afford not only to pay the wages, but on top of that, you have to pay there you have to match taxes, which a lot of people who've never had a business before don't quite understand. It's very expensive to have help anymore. And hear in your story and trying to picture you take orders, cook wash, do dishes and everything else. It must be overwhelming.
Speaker 1: It is. But like I said, Jesus gets me through. You know, I made that decision. You know, like I said, a metal supernatural. If they didn't meet him like that, you know, the spirit came over me. I said, I was in the I mean, if you want to know the story, it's I was. I picked the Bible back up again because, as I said, my mother was a teacher. My mother was an atheist. My love, she loved that author Isaac Isaac Isamov or whatever. Everything was space. We are all just dust. The only religious experience I had growing up was really the Catholic Church. The only reason she sent us there was so we could get married in a church. One day. So after my son though, I said, you know what, I bought a Bible and I said, I'm going to read this and then I'm going to decide, right, I said, how am I? How am I? As an adult man now I have a son, I'm going to just say this isn't true unless I read it. I'm going to make up my own mind. And I was reading it, and you know the things about how he always provides for the birds and bees, so how will he not for us? And the thing that really struck home for me was, though, it's like you missed people. I think the hardest thing for religion, and like I went down the wormhole you can it got so confused, But it's so simple. It doesn't say your prayers will be answered. It doesn't say you will always have what you want. It doesn't say you won't have struggles. But it says Jesus Christ will always be there for you. And when I read that, something hit in me. And a day came where my son was still, you know, like at the nap age. So I would drive to this backfield by me and I was reading my Bible while I was sleeping in my pickup truck, and something came over me said get out of your truck and just go to the middle of the field. And when I went there, I broke down in tears. I had the most beautiful feeling, and I said, I said, I'm done. I'm done. I'm done trying to do this life. You know, I'm done trying to make the decisions and make this work because I can't. And I gave my life to Jesus right there. But like I said, I was confused in religion, like so many people are. I mean, you think just because you're like, oh, I believe in Jesus, you think you're saved and you think you're good, or you think there's nothing more. There is so much more of a relationship that you can have. There is so much more of of of of a beautiful relationship with Jesus than we have been told. And it's been changed, and it's been changed in the Bibles, and it's been changed by the Catholic Church, and it's been changed over so many times. And then you you factor in, you know, the globe theory. I love calling it the globe theory. It makes some people meant, you factor that in, and then you factor you know, I always say to people. One thing I say to people when I do talk to them about I'm like the blank of evolution theory, the blank of gravity theory, the big bang want theory. Well, then these are all theories. Why do you take them? But you're gonna you're gonna some people will slam me because I believe in the Bible and oh, oh that was just written by a bunch of guys, or you know, you get that whole thing, because that's also been ingrained in people. That's also what you're fighting with with the Bible, that it's oh, it's just a bunch of guys. I had somebody tell me the other a couple of weeks ago. Oh you take it too literally. That's dangerous. I'm dangerous then, you know what I mean, Like, I don't know. But these theories, it's all these theories that everybody just takes and they're like, oh, that's that's true. Now, the word theory does not mean fact, you know.
Speaker 3: And I'm quick when people say that. Yeah, I'm quick to say, you know, who are we to judge God's word? God's word is clear, it is has been written, and like you said, it has changed. And that's why I'm leary to use any additions other than King James, because as a guest a week or two, you know, clearly stated that, you know, you look at the ESV versus the King James version, the word firmament is not used, and just the that one word missing can people lead to not understanding how are you know Biblical cosmology is created by the way. I'm glad you brought up Isaac Assa because he's come up once or twice over the last couple of years. He's known as one of the big three science fiction writers along with Heinlen and Clark. But this guy Asimov was also the president of the what's it called the Humanist Associate, the American Humanist Association, and their logo is good without a God, that's interesting, and that that's yeah.
Speaker 1: And I grew. I mean, my mother loved that Star Trek Next Generation. So I mean, like I said, I always, ever since I answered that question, there was a I never really I kind of always had an idea that it was flat, you know, because it doesn't make sense, like you talk about on your show. You know, it doesn't make sense, like how can I be picking a verry and the smallest little bug flies up off of a leief like is that like the strongest little bug in the world that I've ever seen, you know, it's it's And I also think some of the dangers in all this stuff is there's there's people take it a little too far with certain things. I think. I try to to keep my understanding of it all as much as I can, and a faith in Jesus like a child like, you know, I don't try to stretch too far away from from what the Bible says.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I came to this truth. I don't need to dig deeper into this truth, you know what I mean. I don't need there to be all these other things underneath us, or more lands, or if there are there are. I'm not putting anybody down that believes in that. But I believe that we're on a flat plane with four pillars, with the waters above and below. I'm good with that. That's what it. It says, you know, And it also says that, you know, how is Jesus going to peel back the firmament and revelation if there's no firmament? How's he going to do that? That's right, you know, And it's like to bring back back to the church, like I'd met with them last week because I told them I'm really having a feeling of getting into ministry. And I'm not talking about being a preacher. I just know my life is leading me to a point where why why did I come? Why did I learn about all this food? I mean, I've served over. I make my own sea salt, I make my own flour from acorn flour, I get seaweeds, you name it, I get it off in a while over. And the other thing with that is when I first found it, like started doing it, it's not technically legal to do to serve to people. You can buy it. I can buy wild ingredient a from a purveyor because they did all their government stuff like licensing and this and that. But for me to go out into the wild and pick it and not serve and serve it, there's no it boils down to a supply chain in taxes. I'm not paying taxes on it. And like that's the funny thing with like I get both. I get from as far right to as far left as you kind of come to my restaurant. And a lot of people would assume that I'm like the flower loving you know the trees talk to me kind of guy, when like, in reality, I'm an entrepreneur and like like I'm getting this product for free and I'm selling it to you, you know what I mean. So the legality of it was something that was hard for me at first because I was like, am I going to get in trouble for this? Is the state going to find out? What are the repercussions going to be? But then you know, I feel like I build up enough of a track record and I'm willing if it ever came to it, I would. I would fight it, you know, I would. Why I got to pay twenty four to ninety nine pound for product when I can go ten minutes from my house and pick up myself and it's fresher and it's cleaner. You know, I know where it's coming from. You know. That's why the whole farm to table movement in my industry was it's all buzzwords. Sometimes you know a farm and the table, okay, everything comes from a farm, okay, And like you don't know how that farm treated that produce.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 1: Anything about it, but just because you slapped you know, Johnny Depp's farm on the potato. Is that does that mean that's good for me? And like, as a chef, I've always I try to take people's health into it. I have filtered reverse osmosis. What are at my restaurant? Now? Can I Can I do other things now? I can't afford to, but I can serve them high quality on adult proteins and high quality wild ingredients, which is the best food source for us. Which if you read the Bible, it's I believe that God gave us all the food we need to survive if we weren't three D, or we weren't doing construction everywhere building a coals every ten minutes. And I also believe, which I'm starting to really study now and like, is that he also gave us, through these plants, all the medicine we need. Now I'm not like, don't go to the doctor. If you need to go to the doctor, go to the doctor. But like I got bit by a tick getting some bay leaves the night before Thanksgiving, right, never get bit by ticks. I usually feel them on me. I was at the table with my son that night. I felt something. I should have got up. I always get up. I didn't get up Two days later, I'm in the shower. I got a tick and bed.
Speaker 2: In my arm.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm like, oh man. A week later, got a bad rash coming on from where I bit me. So I'm like, ah, geez, it's the beginning of lime disease. Right. So I'm like, okay, I'm like, let me look up natural remedies for lime disease. And I came across Japanese not we, which is an edible plant that I don't serve because I don't deem it. You know, my restaurant gets compared to like the best restaurants in the area, so I only try to use choice edibles there. Right, that's the term for him, the best of the best. I'm like, oh my gosh, Japanese not weed has a restaural in it. It's the same ingredient in the antibiotic. I said, let me try it for a week and if the rash doesn't go away, I'll go to the doctor. What do you think the rash did? Rash went away and crash got cured by plant. So like, when you really start understanding that and really start seeing that we have been given everything we need as people, We've been given instruction we've been given food, we've been given medicine. Where natural plants can't cure you, somebody has been given the knowledge to cure you through higher matters.
Speaker 3: You know, that's great, and I did want to go back in touch on two things. Number One, we've noticed, my wife and I how much the food quality has gone down and the prices haven't changed. But but you know, behind the scenes, it's obvious that you know, you guys, the restaurant owners, the wholesale prices have gone up. So in order to maintain you either have to well there's you have a two courses. You a you get that can continue to pay more for the higher quality, which means you have to charge the customers more, or be if you want to maintain the prices, you have to use a lower quality meat. We went to a chain restaurant about three weeks ago. We rarely go out, but we went to a Texas roadhouse. We got their their their best steak on the menu and it was one of the worst steaks I've ever had in my life. And I told the wait to look at this. This is a horrible chewy cut and she she just was like, that's been par for the course for the last year. It's just shocking to me that people are accepting this, especially when you go out and you're paying one hundred and twenty five dollars for two people to eat.
Speaker 1: That's insane. I don't know how people were doing it. I've I don't have a menu. I do something that's called a tasting menu, so you get five savory courses in one dessert. So I don't really have a menu. And I raised my price ten dollars last year. They only pricing for ten hours because I don't, like I said, I don't do it for I'd rather have I have people that come to my restaurant, like I don't haven't got my phone in two years, because like the amount of regulars I have, right, and I have four or five tables. I do four or five tables a night, three nights a week. I'm not like, you know, it's not like that. So my goal is to always have those four or five tables full of people that absolutely love what I do and support me, which is what I've done. So I don't do it for the money, but I think about it sometimes and like people are always like, you could charge more, you should get more. You should do this, like everybody always wants to tell you how to run your business or you're life. And it's like listen, man, like I love knowing that come June, my restaurant's full and I don't have to worry about that. I have a rough idea how much money's coming in yet. But that ten dollars, you know that ten dollars. This goes up fifty bucks, this goes up seventy five bucks to ten dollars is gone. Like it's if I wanted to make what I originally made when not before the pandemic, I would have to charge double what I charge now, double what I charge now. Nobody is coming to my restaurant and paying double what I charge now, you know what I'm saying. So it's go out of business, take a loss, or or you know that that's the situation. I mean as a small business owner. And don't I know, I'm not eleone, but and it's like you said, and it's like, you know, I do find nining food, that's what they call it. I'm not like that. I don't care. I don't I'm very humble. I do what I do, like I told you from my son, just because there's a pizza shop. It doesn't mean the guy to open the pizza shop doesn't want to use the highest quality can tomatoes. He doesn't want to use the highest quality cheese. You know, but maybe he can't now and it's this vastness like James Beard doesn't want to talk about the psychological effects that the pandemic had on a chef, Like they don't want to talk about what it's like for a chef that's done this his whole life to have to now sacrifice quality. You know that that takes a toll on you as a person, and you could start feeling like you're ripping people off. And who granted some people want to do that, right, but for the people that don't want to rip people off and they just want to make a living and honest living and be their own boss. Like, there's nothing like being your own boss. I worked for a major restaurant company in Philadelphia for six years. You know, corporate chefs, directors this that that work work, thanksgiving it work, We need you to come in on your day off. I did all that because I was trying to build a resume. But now now you're in a position where it's like well, I don't have a choice but to kind of use this cheaper cheese and this substandard tomato, you know what I mean. And it's it takes a toll on you. You have you're the one that has to go home at night and put your head on the bill and say, did I did I provide for people what I set out to provide for them? Or am I just living for money? Or you know, and it's it shouldn't have to be like that, not for why it happened. Maybe you made a mistake as a person and the situation's personalized, and that's your fault. There's a lot of people right now going through things in my industry that it's not our fault. It got forced upon us by a government and by people that Okay, I can't I can't work from home from a computer, you know what I mean. Or it's like, oh well, just do takeout, just make hamburgers. Go. I don't want to make ham It's it's not what I did with my life. Why what do you mean? Just make hamburgers? Just do takeout? Who are you to tell me what I'm gonna cook? Now? I'm gonna cook like I gotta. I got a good one for you. Like I'm currently getting ordered it by the State of New Jersey, not not for finances, for for my payroll. So I pay myself. And it's always been this way. When you're self employed, you pay yourself. I pay myself by a check and then I pay all my taxes in April, right, I pay off my gross. That's that's how it is. I pay my full thirty percent in April. I pay my fifteen and my fifteen Okay to got ordered it two three years ago. The State of New Jersey wants me as a self employed person, and it's never been this way to pay into you know, like unemployment, Medicare and all this stuff. They want me Like I'm getting a normal paycheck. I don't. I can't afford to give myself a paycheck every week, Okay, So I can't set up I'm gonna pay fill five hundred dollars a week. The money's not always there. Sometimes I want to spend extra on inventory, you name it, right, So they're coming to me telling me that I need to pay into that system. But in New Jersey, as a self employeed person, I can't take out of that system. So you want me to pay into something that I can't take out of. But the problem and the point I'm trying to make is the way I see that as you're now telling me as a business owner, how I have to pay myself, Like get out of my business. That is the main thing that came to me and this whole thing. Get get out of my business. Just let me round my business. I pay my taxes the way it's set up, and that's that my count As the guy doing the case, he's like, what is this and they're hitting a bunch of people in the area. He goes, was something new we're doing. He's like, well, what is it? He goes, I don't know, it's just something new we're doing, so, you know, and I can't get an answer on it. The interest builds and it's like so it's like they want to shut you down. They want to tell you what you can serve. They want you to you know, they push all this nonsense with like you know this, like don't even get me started on lap room me and now you want to tell me how I have to pay myself. And it's just the government overreach is just it's out of control anymore. It's just it's just out of control anymore. And I'm not I wasn't like that before, Like I'm like, all right, yeah, it's got to be. There's gonna be a government blah blah blah whatever. But now it's just like you can't get away from it. It's just it's in everything. It's NonStop. Like it's so hard just to like be a guy that has a garden, pick wild food and have a restaurant. I have three tables three nights a week. Do you know how hard it's been just to do three, not three tables, four to five tables three nights a week. Do you know how hard that's been. Think about that, I do forty to fifty people a week, and it's been the greatest struggle ever. Why not because me, not because of the customers, but because of the government. That's horrible, you know.
Speaker 3: And really the government should be such a small minute part of our life. But I think what you just described really gives more evidence and lends more credence to the fact that they are trying to get rid of the middleman. They're trying to get rid of all the mom and pop places. They want to beat you down and just they want people to give up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just I never will.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You asked me earlier what it was like with the pandemic and everything, and I mean, there's two ways to look at It was sad, it was frustrating. It was this. It was that, like I said, I leaned on Jesus and like when you have that mentality, Okay, I got through it. I was able to have my sonnet my own business with me doing homeschooling while I was working. If I had a job, that wouldn't happened. And for me, I mean, the main thing it allowed me to do was I did not There was no way, no way I was getting that vaccine. There was no way, and like I know, people had to I was at I would have closed my business. There was no way I was getting something. Was just you know, it smelled off to me, you know what I mean, whatever expression you want to use. I was like, no, I'm not I'm not getting it. And I wasn't at the full flat earth thing yet, even though I had that original thought and everything, I wasn't doing all this research yet. And I you know, I hear that you say a lot that they overplayed their hand and like they did like they did for if you're a critical thinker, and like I think a lot of people were like whoa. But at the same time, like you say, like you know, Trump's back in, like customer last night, Oh oh, You're going to open a restaurant in Gaza, Like it's not funny, Like do you understand that they're trying to create greater Israel and like they want to like the New World Order, Like it's not funny, like but you know, it is what it is, man, this is this is the world we live in. And that's why you know, I really i'd like the community that you've created. I don't know how big it is or anything, but like I said, I want to come on to the show. I want it to be as honest as I could about different topics and and that's how I wanted to get back to it because I really appreciate what you do because like I mean, like there is a little bit of fear that that goes into it if if you let it, Like is somebody gonna come knocking on my door? Not like the Philadelphia Inquire anybody, But like you know, I don't I don't trust the powers that be at all, Like is somebody gonna come to my house and tell me I can't do this now, I can't do that now, or drag you away or you know what I mean. So I give you, I give you a ton of credit for what you do, but I mean the amount of the amount of knowledge that you you just make easily shareable is just it's just great. It's it's you know, it's different. I've listened to a couple other people and it's like ten minutes in, I'm just like, oh my gosh, like I can't do it. You know. It's all the music, it's the screaming, it's the to that. I'm just like, just relax and get to the point, man, you know. And I think that's what you do. And I think it's a great talent.
Speaker 3: I greatly appreciate that. I really do. I wanted to ask you one more question before we start to wind down, and this is, I guess more advice for the listeners. If people are interested in, you know, forging for their own wild food, is there any advice or any place where you could direct them to get that knowledge.
Speaker 1: I would say, first, be careful. It is dangerous. It's not as dangerous as the government tells you they try and scare people away from it. The best place to start is and a lot of different towns have this. They're called wild food groups and they'll meet up three or four times a year and it's just random people meeting up sharing information. It also all depends on how you learn. I don't learn well from reading or a book like that. If somebody would show me something, I'll never forget it. You know, show me how to build a ship, I'll build ten more. Give me instructions to build a shed. You ain't gonna get a shed. And if you get into it, just be careful and try a little bit of a time and be one hundred percent sure that's what you have. And also don't feel like you need to learn every single thing at once. Learn If you learn three things a year over the next five years, you'll have fifteen things right. And it'll accelerate as time goes on, because you'll be picking a berry and you'll see a plan. You'll say what's that and you'll say, oh, well, that's that, and I come back in August for that, and then something new will be next to that, so it accelerates. But just get into it. Slowly, be careful, make sure your ID is one hundred percent spot on, because you know, a lot of people say mushrooms are the most dangerous thing, and there are dangerous mushrooms. Don't get me wrong that i'll you know, destroy your kidneys and livers. But there's also some greens out there that will stop you your heart because they have a chemical in it. And there are a lot of look alikes like the thing I pick up north from me. It's called a ramp. It's a wild and wild leak. It looks like to the untrained eye, a lily of the valley, which is toxic. So everything it's it's strange though, how like you know God did that, how he like gave this edible thing, and then there's a look alike. You know, it's it's almost without fail with so many things that here's the edible version, and then here's the lookalike, and they're usually out right around the same time. So just respect it and study it like you would a course. Like it's not it's not something to really mess around with. And I don't advocate that they got this some app Now you point it, you point it at a plant that tells you what it is or something if I don't suggest using that because I don't trust technology per se.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that can be flawed. And I will tell you while you were talking, I just did a quick cirt and it looks like Facebook may actually be a tool. I found the Delaware Forging and Wild Foods. It's a group of the eight hundred members and they discuss gathering food, nuts, fruits, berries, herbs, wild greens, et cetera. So if you are interested, maybe see if there's a Facebook group in your area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guarantee there is. I mean, or I know there's Mycological Associations also in every state. But they don't just focus on edibles. They focus on like the scientific aspect. But you can still go and learn some edibles. But if your goal is just edible food, then the wild food groups are the best. And I guarantee you that they're all over. I mean, I know there's like three where I live Philadelphia, there's a South Jersey, there's you know, I'm like, just go to a meetup and start learning and you never know, you meet you.
Speaker 3: Know, absolutely, it's been an absolute pleasure chatting with you. I wish you all the best. I applaud your bravery and everything you've had to deal with. You continue to do things. You're away with your head held high. So before we close, I always like to give our guests the last word. Anything else you'd like to add, sir, I think, I.
Speaker 1: Think I'm good, just you know, keep your faith in Jesus, and you know that's all you really need in this world. And I came to that. I truly came to it two years ago. Like I said, I thirteen years ago. I accepted them. But there's much more to it even that than we've been led to believe. And when you finally get there, it's it's just the most overwhelming piece that you can have all the distractions go away. It gets hard sometimes though, because here you are in this peace, in this distracted world, and it can be lonely sometimes in that respect. But it's better to be lonely in that respect and have one hundred distracted people around you, you know what I mean. That's just my opinion.
Speaker 3: The great more, thank you again so much for joining us. I greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks for having me. I was really looking forward to.
Speaker 3: It absolutely, And again to all our listeners, thank you so much for your continued support of the Flat Earth Files. Again, if you'd like to reach out to fill his email address. We'll be in the show notes as usual, as well as everything else we discussed today. Look forward to our next interview. God bless you all. Have a great week. God bless you, and until we meet again, my friends, we will see you.
Speaker 2: I know it's been a struggle. I don't know if you've had spain. I know you feel the tie hell down all the way. Yeah, I know you feel them A you smile ain't the same. We'll go from you feel like you've lost your way. Don't give it. No, don't give it and nevers home. Don't let call the primise.
Speaker 3: It ain't done yet.
Speaker 2: He's gone up. Lad, Why it's a way down?
Speaker 3: Got up?
Speaker 2: Mammy? Come?
Speaker 1: Why afraid? God, m call.
Speaker 2: I can see the street beside you. Child's are putting up five. Oh, you're stronger than any thing, you guy. You're gonna be all right. You're accepting a dead found you beautiful. Shove in ride Yeah, you're living, breathing, move you can hold your head a pie. Don't give up.
Speaker 1: No, don't give in, never lose.
Speaker 2: Home, don't let go on the primies, it ain't done Yet's God up? Play? Why a waintel?
Speaker 3: The God of me come, don't give up, No, don't give in you never lose home.
Speaker 2: Don't let go on the primis It ain't gonfe It's worth live in? What's a way town?
Speaker 1: The God of baby colt.
Speaker 2: Why surprace down?
Speaker 1: The God up cold?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, what sur pray down?
Speaker 1: The God up take?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you got even. Don't give up, No, don't give in, never lose home, don't let go of the primis? In and done. Ye's got a playing waits and kind of even a coat. Don't give up, no dog giving whatever home, don't let go of the crimes. It ain't done. Love's worth living, whats and died? The God of every cos all, the God of needs? Why do God?
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Fact Hunter Radio Network.
Speaker 1: Just the facts, ma'amy m hm.