Speaker 1: One on one one w j RR, Orlando's rock station. It's Lynchin Taco. It's Thursday, means it's take it out time. Some of the news from the science and tech world to share with you. Sponsored by Surfside, Ice Tea and Vodka. Big party this Saturday night. Normally I'm doing these Sunday fun Days with Surfside, Iced Tea and Vodka. This week, since its Father's Day, we said let's do a party the night before Wojo's in Saint Cloud. I'm gonna be out there six to eight against Saint Cloud. Coming to see you six to eight at Wojo's this Saturday. And we're having concert tickets for all the big shows, like every fifteen minutes. We're gonna have cornhole, beer pong, We're going to old school dad's moms.
Speaker 2: Everybody's welcome. Maybe no, it's Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: Apple's twenty twenty five Worldwide Developers Conferences underway and continues today and tomorrow. It's being held at Apple Park in Coopertino, California, and runs through tomorrow. You can check out the live stream on YouTube, Apple's website, and the Apple app. If you're an Apple fanboy or fangirl and really want to see what's cooking under the hood. Develop wise from Apple felple more days of that. Nintendo was expecting that the new switch To would be just as successful as the original, but it's already become the fastest selling game console of all time After the huge launch last week, it has sold more than three point five million switch To units in just the first four days, surpassing records for any of Nintendo's hardware within the same launch period. The record is more significant than that, though, The director of research at Nico Partners points out that the switch Too is the fastest selling home video game console of all time. It took Sony sixteen days wow to sell two point one million PS four consoles, and six weeks to each four point two million. The switch To is also comfortably in the PS five launch, which debuted during the pandemic and associated chip supply constraints. It took seven weeks for Sony to sell through four point four million PS five units, So the switch Too is.
Speaker 2: Just the people are in there. We've had a bunch of listeners reach out about it.
Speaker 1: Monkey see Monkey do. On that note, Microsoft is finally gonna go ahead and jump into the handheld gaming console world. You would have to think, hey, look what's going on with Nintendo and switch to let's get a piece of that pie. So Xbox has announced the Ally and Ally X for the upcoming holiday season. The new handheld comes through a collaboration with Asis and Republica Games, and will allow players to enjoy Xbox games from their couch. You're on the road. Not an official launch date yet, no specs, no price points, but those are coming soon. As they say, this will be launched through for Xbox in time for the holiday season. I think we need to go old school pat. This is out of left field, but that's how our role. When you said a collaboration, I'm done with that. I think that we say a partnership. We're going back, We're dialing it back. Oh you want to you want to remove collab from uh? Oh that that was already removed, I thought.
Speaker 2: But I've heard it two days in a row, and it's now it's not really floating partnership.
Speaker 1: You're good with it. I'm fine. I'm fine. Hulu's days as a standalone app may be numbered. Disney will pay Comcast NBC Universal nearly four hundred and thirty nine million for its steak in Hulu, taking full control of the streaming service. This move closes out in appraisal process. That's a process that's dragged on for a few years. Disney back in November of twenty twenty three, it was said that it was acquiring a thirty three percent steak in Hulu from Comcasts for at least eight point six billion. That amount reflected Hulu's guaranteed floor value of twenty seven point five billion. Disney has run Hulu since two thousand nineteen, when Comcast seeded its authority to Disney and became a silent partner at that point. But now it's going to be all in the hands of Disney wants all of this clear.
Speaker 2: So I think the question that everybody has, at least I do, is if you have that Hulu one of the Hulu packages, is it going to affect the cost?
Speaker 1: What will end up happening in What's where it really looks like it'll be going. It looks like Hulu will be folded into the Disney Plus app because they're not gonna they'll put all of their stuff under that umbrella there, and then I guess there'll be price points perhaps for however many of those services you want, or I don't know if they'll do all the car or hollow go on that I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We shall see well else got oh.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven states and the District of Columbia have filed a lawsuit in bankruptcy court to stop the sale of personal genetic data from the DNA testing company twenty three and meter. The company known for its at home ancestry kits, recently filed for bankruptcy and is now in talks to be sold to Regeneron Pharmaceuticals for two hundred and fifty six million, but the state attorneys general say the deal could put millions of people's personal genetic information at risk. The suit argues that the data is too sensitive to be sold without each customer's written consent. Twenty three and Me has promised to follow its existing privacy policies, but critics are arguing that once the data changes hands, there's no guarantee it won't be misused.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: It is kind of scary to think that twenty three and me went under financially and how many people they've got all my data there? Yeah, this is where it's headed, so they're trying to take steps to stop it. This is interesting. A fellow named Joe dous Sets has developed exterior paints that will change color seasonally. It would be quite effective in places where temperatures have a wide range, you know, colder in the winter months, hotter in the summertime. He got this idea of like the color of your house affects the temperature inside. So he ran some tests on testing different colors. Found out that it's more beneficial to have a darker color on your house during the winter months because it'll tract eat and lighter during the you know, the hot months because it tends to reflect. He actually did some research on that saw that there is a drastic change and he has developed this paint that changes from darker to lighter based on where you live. Now. Obviously, in a place like here in Florida where it's relatively warm year round, this isn't something that would work, or someplace like Antarctica work exactly where you have distinct cold and hot times of the year. This could be pretty cool as far as energy use goes or warm It's still in its developmental stages, also being developed TSA working on a new VR touchless pat down technology. You know, sometimes you're required to get a pat down if you're pulled out of the TSA line for whatever reason, or you're just the unlucky number. A lot of people don't like the pat downs. Well, they're seeing if they can develop something through VR where you would have, you know, a pad on the TSA agent's hands that they would wand over you rather than actually physically touching you. Know, they're they're utilizing some technology that already exists. Researches at the TSA are looking at what they call wearable sensor for Contactless Physical Assessment Device conceptual state of development. It'll use VR goggles and have to feedback loves to pat down airline passengers at security checkpoints without touching them. I like it. And the state of Washington has become the second state to enact a law placing speed limiting technology in the cars of drivers with reckless driving records. Washington, d C. And Virginia also have a similar laws. So if you're just a bad driver and a real lead foot and you're getting racked up on tickets and citations and whatever, you get to a point where we're gonna put the speed limit or on your car. Sir.
Speaker 2: They call you a super speeder. You know, you exceed this feedlement too many times, you're classified. My father in law was that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this there's a lot of states that are looking at considering this, uh for chronically bad slash lead footed drivers.
Speaker 2: Ooh you catch them? Street racers? How's your little souped up? You know, hont to?
Speaker 1: Now it's just goinging, but it ain't going anywhere? Why is it he going anywhere? Back of fifty six in this one maniac maniac? All right, that's all we got time for for this week's check it out. Hope you find it useful.
Speaker 2: Linchin Taco on demand download the iHeartRadio app