Speaker 1: Okay, we're live. This is William Ramsey. Welcome to William Ramsey Investigates On today's show. I have a very special guest, returning guest, Stephen B. Eubanie. We talked about his earlier book titled Who Murdered Dana, So if you want to go listen to that, you can go through my archives and see that. But today we're going to talk about I think it's the first book in the series that he published, which is Who Murdered Elvis. He also has another one titled Who Murdered Fdr, and then he has another one coming out in the future, Who Murdered Tesla. I think the publication date planned publication date is twenty twenty four, and Steve's full website is Who Murdered Books dot com, so I will include that in the show notes. I never thought Elvis. I thought Elvis died of a drug overdose. Then I started looking through all the facts of this case and there's a lot of problems here. So I'm glad Steve returned. So Steve and Ubanie, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great to be back. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Awesome. So for people who may not have heard our last show. Can you kind of talk about your background? You said this was the book that you in the pre show, you said, this is the book you researched the most about. Can you kind of talk about how, I know you wrote about it in the book, but how you initially got interested in looking into who murdered it? Was?
Speaker 2: Well, I've always been I've always been a fan. I mean my mom. I got that from my mom. I think I grew up spending the original forty five when I was a kid, and when he died. I never believed the story, and I don't think anybody believed it, and we were right not to believe it because it was ridiculous. And you know, as I, as I matured and grew a little older, I wanted to wanted to learn a few, you know, a few more things about this. And we have these things in our lives that you know, just don't bring true when we put them in the back burner and say, oh, I'll look at that at another time as well. This was the time. So I was at the thirtieth anniversary of his death and I'm watching this thing on television and all the people who found his body ears or five or six of them. None of them could agree on where he was found, what color pajamas he was wearing, what time of day it was. I said, man, this is one magical corpse. So you combine that with a fabled cause of death, which I didn't believe in the first place. So I said, you know, I really got to get to the bottom of this. So this is how you know, this is what started the whole thing, And I didn't. I just started poking around for my own knowledge. I didn't want to know Elvis Probus was murdered. It bugged the hell out of me, you know, especially being a fan. I didn't want to know this.
Speaker 1: But right now, he had a premature death. He died on August sixteenth, nineteen seventy seven. He was only forty two. He didn't look great, he wasn't in great shape. But there's some real, real concerns. I mean, so nobody could come up with actually the real story of where his body was found, right like, oh, the bed or the bathroom or yeah.
Speaker 2: Joe Esposito, his road manager, set at Baptist Memorial Hospital that he was found dead in bed, and then forty five minutes later at Graceland he told the authorities he was found that in the floor in front of the toilet. Well, Joel Esposito is no longer with us, But what I can say about Joe is that he always tells us the truth. He just told it four different ways. And everyone involved in this, all of the people who were in his Memphis mafia, which is his inner group of people, you know, I mean, they just continue to tell different stories about the same event. And it's crazy, it really is. So I started out trying to get to the bottom of all of it. And this book you're read it was volume one in the series. I did two Elvis books. I did one five years later, which was the fifth anniversary edition that has even more information than So there was ten years of work that went into this book.
Speaker 1: And so you started out just by noticing the stories didn't add up with the people surrounding you. Can you talk about Elvis's the kind of Memphis mafia that surrounded him, what he was doing up intil the days of his death, and kind of he had had a pretty curious, I think, largely unknown connection with law enforcement, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Elvis was Elvis had a very interesting connection to law enforcement. Of course, a lot of people don't know that. In December twenty first, nineteen seventy, he became a federal narcotics agent. And Richard Nixon he wanted to get that moniker because he wanted to fly around the country with his guns on him because he was getting death threats. So he was a federal narcotics agent. He also was everywhere. He went, every county, every town. He used the local local sheriff's department, in the local police department to help with crowd control and so forth. So he was very very blue friendly. He got along with the cops really really well, and he collected badges. You know, they would give him honorary badges. It's actually pretty interesting. But yeah, he uh, he was starting to get some he was really starting to get some very serious death threats. So you know, he wanted to uh, he wanted to beef up uh. He wanted to beef up his uh, his arms on him. I mean he would stand at the wedding of Sunny West wearing four pistols. He would go on stage under his uh, you know, under the bell bottoms, with a pistol on his on his ankle. I mean, this is this isn't conspiracy talk. This is real talk. They wanted this guy dead. Scary stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah what what Why did they want him dead?
Speaker 2: Uh, lots and lots of reasons. And when I first talked about what you mentioned earlier, and then I can go into that about Elvis not looking good at the end, which he he did not. Elvis did have a couple of health problems.
Speaker 1: He had.
Speaker 2: He had hyph pertection, his blood sugar was a little too high. But the bloated, pasty look that we look back now and say, oh my god, he was in terrible shape. He Elvis had a birth defect. It was a twisted colon, and it's common in boys. I didn't know that. One of my friends is a forensic pathologist. I had a conversation with him and a couple others before I wrote the book. Common in boys to have a twisted colon. And when you combine that with downers, you're gonna end up with constipation. If I give you, if I'm a doctor and to prescribe uppers, I mean, you're gonna get the runs, downers are going to constipate you. So you take a birth defect of a twisted colon combined with downers, you're going to be compacted pretty well. And that was discovered at the autopsy. Elvis probably hadn't had a bowel movement for a month and this contributed to and he was scheduled for surgery actually actually to to take care of it. He never made it. You know, they got to him beforehand. But that explains that that look, you know, that very strange, pasty look that he had in the last the last you know, the last month or so of his h of his life.
Speaker 1: He was He also was on drugs too. I mean, he had a huge the narcotics that he was taking were confirmed.
Speaker 2: He's not true m yes and no. Prescribed and taking were two different things. In nineteen seventy six, Elvis Presley almost went bankrupt. He was the biggest he was the biggest tax payer in the state of Tennessee. So his father had had to seize his he had to take control of his finances to keep them solving. So they started to do away with certain things. You know, they sold a plane, which I'll get into later, which was a fiasco, and that's how we ended up. The mob was after him over that, but they were trying to can so Elvis Elvis's Memphis Mafia. His inner group were all pill poppers, and Elvis said, look, I don't want to hear about this from my dad. Just to write everybody's prescriptions under my name, So my dad, we'll get off my back. So a lot was made. Nineteen seventy nine, ABC's twenty twenty ju aldro Evera did a great special on the death of Elvis, and he an entire sugar bowl full of pills that Elvis president was prescribed to him. But prescribed and taking are two different things, you know, at the time, so he wasn't. If there was a handful left, there was a couple left in the ball, Elvis would take him. But everybody had their hands in that bull, so he wasn't taking what everyone had said he was taking. I had a conversation with his doctor finally, and he said he didn't even have control of his drugs. There was a nurse who was on premises who would dispatch his drugs. He didn't have control of his drugs. So everybody's saying, you know, he overdosed, he did this in that is not even close to being true. I mean, this all melts away under the scrutiny of real investigative work. So at the time, at the time he dies, there are three toxicology reports done on Elvis Presley and the first one was done at the University of Tennessee Baptist Memorial that his hospital he died at didn't have a lab, so the University of Tennessee toxicology report. And there are four levels of drugs that you find in your system, Trace, therapeutic which is what a doctor would prescribe you, toxic which will make you quite sick, and then of course lethal, and we all know what lethal is. In the case of Elvis Presley, there were a couple of drugs that there were four different drugs that were found between the trace and therapeutic level, so you know, then they didn't like that verdict, so they had another one done. Because if all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail, right, So somebody said he died of a drug overdose. So they're looking for these drugs. Man, they got to find these drugs. So they do another toxicology report at a place around the corner from the hospital, which has never been confirmed, and their results were the exact same thing. So they can't figure out what killed this guy. So finally, a few days later, Jerry T. Francisco, who is the medical examiner who was in charge of the autopsy, had promised everyone that he was going to have a verdict that night at eight o'clock, just because Nogucci took eleven days to come up with the results of Marilyn Monroe's autopsy. So he goes out without one fingerprint being lifted from Graceland, without any of the toxicology reports being better, saying that he died of cardiac arrhythmia, which is a bigger story than Mother Goose could tell because a corner can't diagnose cardiac arrhythmia. You have to have a beating heart, and a regular heartbeat can't be detected on heart that stopped makes no sense.
Speaker 1: So and the story we had no diagnosis of that before the date of his death. Right, So nobody taking drugs or anything.
Speaker 2: For Doctor nccoppol is more the brunt of this. But he had done he'd done everything everything to check Elvis. Doctor Nicoppolo has got a bad rap. He really cared for Elvis. He was really a very nice man, and I think that he took a lot of heat that was brought down on him. But so finally they're still looking for these drugs, right, and this is where the murder park comes in. And I'll tell you the end from the beginning, and then I go backwards in the story. Finally they take tissue samples and they send them out to bioscience Laboratories in California, which at the time, in nineteen seventy seven was the place they hid the top stuff anybody could want, best equipment, and they hate it out there, and they put it under an assumed name, and it came back to Elvis Presley had a laundry list of drugs in his system, and he had coding in his system at eleven times a lethal level. Sounds great, right, great story Wrong, It's not. It's not true at all. I don't even know how this happened. Because Dan Warlick, who was THEO, was at the autopsy, who was the person who dissected Elvis's He did was dissected his vocal courts, his lyrins, looking for some sort of swelling, looking for an allergic reaction of some variety, and there was none. Elvis Presley's allergic to coding, very allergic he almost died of anaphylexic shock in nineteen sixty eight. Every one now to keep coding away from Elvis Presley. Well, if there's no sign of anaphylexis in the body, how can it be eleven times the lethal level at the toxicology report. If it's not in the body, it can't be in a toxicology report. It just can't. So they take this erroneous toxicology report and to give it to my friend, doctor Sarahwuct, who had no idea that the first two toxicology reports had been done that showed virtually no drugs in Elvis's system, And they put him on camera and he tells to the waiting world, you know this laundry list of drugs that would have killed a herd of cattle, and none of it was true. So we have gigantic cover up here. So why did they want Elvis Presley?
Speaker 1: Dad?
Speaker 2: Uh, It's going to be really hard to encapsulate that in the time that we have. Elvis Presley's manager, Colonel Tom Parker, was in the mob. He was not a colonel. His name was not Tom Parker. His name was Adreas Vancoup. When he came from the Netherlands and he's snuck over here in the hold of his ship. And I won't there details about this in the book that I'm not going to give away. Goes into the army, he goes awall, and when he goes awall, he takes the name of his commanding officer, Tom Parker, and he puts colonel in front of it because it sounds great, right, Colonel Tom Parker. This is why Elvis Presley could never pry abroad, because Colonel Parker could never get a passport because he wasn't an American citizen. He snuck in. So Colonel Parker had a long standing friendship with a few mobsters in Vegas. And I'll come up to the murder here in a second. Milton Prell, who's the first one in Vegas who was part of the Detroit Syndicate. He owned the Bingo Club, became the Sarah Sahara, the Aladdin, the Mint big mob guys. Another one is Modallas, who actually funded g. I. Blewis in nineteen sixty. He became a huge friend to Colonel Parker.
Speaker 1: Picture, sorry to interrupted you have a picture of Elvis with Milton Pearl, Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of pictures in the book that you're not going to find other places. And Modallas owned you know this desert ind in the Stardust, and he was from the Cleveland Syndicate. And these are the people the Colonel Parker was hob nobbing around with because he was managing Minnie Pearl and Gene Austin and Neddie Arnold, and he was a carnival barker back in the country he came from, so to manage talents like this, it was natural to him. He was a genius. Colonel Parker was a genius. So here we have his manager in with the mob things that he didn't want to do. He didn't want to do those movies. There's a picture speaking of that picture in my book. There's a picture on the set of Gi Blues, and everyone in the picture is smiling except Elvis. Elvis was miserable doing those movies. And I have to tell a story and then I'll get to the murder. I'm sorry. I don't mean to lead you along.
Speaker 1: So the background is very important to know. It's really good.
Speaker 2: Sure, I won't mention the fellow's name because I spoke with him and he didn't want me to mention his name. But Elvis was so fed up with these movies. They were reading a script and he was in he had a home in California, and he was reading the script. And actually know this gentleman quite well, but he'd want me to use his name. And he said, Elvis is flipping through this script and he flips out and he said, well, I can tell you the language he used. But he said, you know, I'm a speedboat racer and this one, the last one was a motorcycle racer. You know, the next one is is you know a motorcycle racer or a speedboat or stock car racer. It's the same script. I'm not doing it. I've had it. And he takes this script, which was it must have been one hundred thousand pages if you've ever seen a movie script. And I mean they were burning these movies out at thirty days a movie, right, and he what was it? Up in the air and he said, I'm not going. So the next day he doesn't show up. This is how much he hated this. He's being forced into it. So the next day RCA came up, Colonel Parker came up, someone from the studio came up, the director came up, and it was made very very clear to Elvis that you're gonna do these or you're not gonna do anything else. And there were people in the room who heard this, and they weren't threatening his career. So after this happens, Colonel Parker pulls him aside again overheard by three or four people, two of which I know well well knew well, they're no longer with us, and he said, I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna do this, You're gonna do this, You're gonna do this. And since I'm doing all this work for you, it's now a fifty to fifty split, and he backed and Colonel backdated it from the beginning of the year, almost punishment, so it was a seventy five to twenty five split. The deal was Elvis would get seventy five percent and he would pay all the expenses. So the arnold the twenty five percent that Colonel took was twenty five percent legally, and he would sell buttons and shirts and you know, posters, and nobody would ever get a cut of it. So the mob is starting to surround Elvis Presley in nineteen and when he gets married he can't even plan his own wedding. It was. And these are the same people who controlled Frank Sinatra's career. Okay, So when Elvis gets married, he goes on Frank Sinatra's jet to Milton Pearl's hotel. Colonel plans the wedding with all of his mob buddies. Elvis is trapped. I always looked at Elvis on stages like, man, what a great it'd be great to be Elvis. Elvis was miserable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Elvis even married Priscilla at Pearl's apartment in Las Vegas is a live hotel, right, so a very curious place for that famous of a guy to get married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I won't there's things that I won't say on air about that marriage either, but very very curious. So Elvis is in misery. He's in a velvet jail. He can have any girly wants, he can add any car he wants, he can had any motorcycle he wants, which is great for a few years, but he has no freedom. He can't do anything. He's got golden handcuffs and he gets sick of it. And they're starting to extort more money out of him now that the Mob is partner with Colonel Parker. Now Colonel Parker is being threatened. Why because the Mob knows that he's not a citizen, so they're squeezing him. So the more they squeeze Colonel Parker, the more Colonel Parker squeezes Elvis. When Elvis died, he only had a million dollars in the bank. Where the hell all the money go? Elvis sold six billion records and this is at a time actually they don't have an accurate count. It was at least that the recording industry artists of America started tallying record sales well after Elvis had his first his biggest years, six billion records? Where'd all the money go? Which is probably going to be the focus of another book I'm going to write on Elvis at some point in the future. So Elvis is swimming in mob. He can't get away from him. So he goes to Nixon and he wants this narcotics badge because he wants to carry guns. He also surrounds himself. He starts getting into martial arts. Elvis is a black belt, and he starts to surround his Memphis mafia with other people who were black belts, who were bad dudes. It's starting to get very hot and heated around him, so Nixon says, sure, I'd love to have you. Elvis Presley hated drugs, street drugs. One of the things they wanted Elvis to do during the two months a year that he spent through his contract working at the International Hotel which became the Las Vegas Hilton, and who the hell knows what it is now everything's changing out there was to hide FBI agents in his band. So their job, i mean, Elvis's road crew was it was twenty one tracker trailers. That's how big his show was. So I mean you only need you know, who needs five backup vocal singers, right, So he was hiding these FBI agents in his band, and their job is to bring down the Mob. They were all caught, all of them. So Elvis died very mysteriously a few days before he was supposed to turn state's evidence against the mob, and how they murdered him not going to given them away. How they murdered him was a situation where the Mob is very good at a few things, Okay, one of them is creating causes of death that are very very hard or impossible to even detect. And I go into it in the book. I won't go into it here. But Elvis got stuck between the mob and the FBI, and so many of the high profile people did, and it's very hard for me. I've been looking into this for about fifteen years now. I got two books written on it. I'll probably do a third at some point. It's very difficult for me, even with every thing that i know, even with all the Memphis Mafia I've talked to, even with speaking with his doctor and talking to the people at the autopsy, it's very interesting. When I watch him on stage, or I watched like a Loha from Hawaii or something, or I'll watch a movie, I still can't come to grips with the fact that they murdered this guy. It's very hard to come to grips with.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. He was young, forty two. I mean, the achievements that he had were incredible. I mean, but he hed the people that he was surrounded with. He had already divorced Priscilla, He had relationships with woman that he was never going to marry. He was not interested in marrying again.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, it depends on who you talk to. You know, this is again this is some of the official fiction and what you decide to believe. Apparently he was engaged and he was going to marry another girl. Allegedly, who knows if that's true. I mean, a lot gets stuck up in legend and lore. It's very hard for when I write these books, they have to be Mistress bock kind it and I can't, you know, I have to look at the logic of it and the evidence of it. And the evidence is absolutely the evidence is is fantastic. When Colonel Parker, when Elvis died, Colonel Parker was probably one of the most degenerate gamblers we've ever seen. When he died in nineteen seventy seven, he owned thirty two million dollars to the to the Las Vegas casinos.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: He kept booking Elvis there and it was forty dollars to watch Elvis with a gourmet meal, and people certainly would have paid more. Elvis got great attendance records, and Colonel Parker was at the tables and it was just it was incredible that you know, I hate to keep using that word, but I mean, I don't know if there is another word that all of this mix is going on around this country. Kid who could just sing? I mean, it was just amazing. This is why Elvis hated the business end of it. He just loved to go on stage and sing. He hated the business end of it because he knew they were all corrupt and he knew that they were all trying to steal from them. And they were.
Speaker 1: Though, that's the whole thing. Like, wasn't his retinue like notoriously free with his money and all kinds of stuff? Like they were abusing his generosity?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm sorry you'll like to repeat that he broke well.
Speaker 1: I just thought that that that the entourage around Elvis, Elvis abused his generosity. They were notorious for that.
Speaker 2: Well, they didn't have to abuse it very well. They didn't have to ask for anything because he just gave and gave and gave. I mean, there was one. This guy was really This guy was really something. I mean the more I the more I rese h and learned about this guy, and the more I talked to some of the Memphis Mafia members, the more I started to realize what an incredible human being this guy was. There was a story where, I mean he would give away Cadillacs and motorcycles like it was lunch money. It was just absolutely it was just absolutely amazing. There was one story where he was at a Cadillac dealership in California and he was in there buying. Excuse me, he's in there buying. It was just a Cadillac day. You decided he was gonna go buy Cadillacs for everybody. I mean, he's making one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars a week playing on stage, you know, two three times a night, you know, I mean nobody works like that anymore in Vegas. I mean it was almost entertainment servitude. I mean, now you play, you know every now and then two three shows a night. He was so tired by the time he got done playing that he was about cross eyed, you know. So he's making one hundred and twenty five grand a Week's a lot of money. So he decides he's gonna go. When Elvis bought a Catdillac, he bought him for everyone that was around him. Same with motorcycles, same with horses, same with trucks, everything. So it was Cadillac day. So Elvis decides he wants this baby blue Cadillac with a white top, and he didn't didn't matter to him if he gave it away the next day. He wanted that day, right, So he goes to this Cadillac dealership and they can't find exactly what he's looking for. So he said, okay, well, Rerd, you're gonna get this one on sunny, you're gonna get that one, and this one's gonna get that one. Still no car for Elvis, right, So as they're walking out, there's this woman walking down the street, and this dealership is not in the greatest of neighborhoods. So this girl walks up for an autograph. She's about thirty, and Elvis can tell she doesn't have much she was she looked a little shabby, so he said, she said, what are you doing here, and he said, well, I'm buying a couple of Cadillacts. You know, we just we just decided on a whim to get Cadillacs. So he started talking to her. She was married and had two kids, and a long story short, he bought all of the guys with him Cadillacs that day. He bought her a Cadillac. He bought her husband a Cadillac and both of hers Sona's Cadillacs.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. I mean, he just he spent money. I heard that he would get I would send a plane to get his favorite sandwich from some place in Colorado. That story wouldn't surprise me. Yeah, like I just want that sandwich.
Speaker 2: Send the plane when you're and you can have anything you want, anytime you want, from anybody you want it from.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, did you ever find out what happened to all his money? I mean, his heerrors are still worth a fortune, aren't they.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't speak for them, but I I do know where a lot of the money went. And I'm gonna I'm gonna hold onto that one because that came to me through two Memphis Mafia members who were no longer with us, and I think that's privileged information. So, speaking of privileged information, I thought I was the only When the new Elvis was murdered, Boy was I surprised. So the first Elvis Presley's father, Vernon Presley, the first words out of his mouth, oh my god, they've murdered my son. So, I mean this begs two questions who are they and why did they murder him? So Vernon Presley was so convinced that Elvis Presley was murdered he hired two private investigators to find the murderer. Wow, and Vernon died. They were hot on the trail and they were closing in. The problem was Vernon died shortly after Elvis. So all of the information that Vernon had ended up in my book, and I ended up like following through with it. There was a lot of people, Dick grob who just died. He was Elvis's chief of security. We lost Dick, I don't know about sixteen eighteen months ago. I did not know. Dick grab was one of the only Memphis Mafia members that I didn't know. He wrote the book The Elvis Conspiracy. He was on duty there night and he wrote in his book some of the things were extremely strange. He completely believed that Elvis was murdered. I didn't. I didn't know this. I published this book and then all these people come out of the woodwork. Yeah, what a great book. We knew he was murdered too, and he got to be kidding me. Ginger Alden. One of the quotes that she has said that they were talking about foul play when they were investigating Graceland, and she said she couldn't rule it out. Vernon was questioning her, and you know, I mean she couldn't. She couldn't rule it out. Susannah Lee. This is a very interesting story. Susannah Lee was Elvis's co star in Paradise Hawaiian Style, Super Nice Lady sixteens, a horrible batter with battle with liver cancer. And she said she knew and immediately that Elvis was that Elvis had been murdered. And she said she was terror to do the scenes with him because she had just left a movie with someone else and they were not very nice. And Elvis is the biggest star in the world. Elvis Presley was more famous than anybody who's ever been famous.
Speaker 1: Average people the King, right, that was his nickname.
Speaker 2: You're not kidding. Average people talk about meeting celebrities. Celebrity talk, celebrities talk about meeting Elvis. I mean, this is he's the King, he really is. So she's terrified to meet him. And the first three or four scenes that she did weren't even with Elvis. They're with body doubles. There were two body doubles, one named Matt and one named John. And she did tell me their last names, but it's long gone now I can't recall. But she said they were the same size. They were surgically altered to look like Elvis. Wow. And you know, like I mean, obviously you go to you know, fun Ackapoco. Elvis was not diving off those cliffs. I got news for you. There were stunt men in body doubles. And she said the movie was well under way before she met Elvis. And if you look at Paradise Hawaiian Style, there is a photograph of her where their arms around Elvis. And it's a photograph and it's who we're looking at the camera. Except there's problem with that. That's not Elvis. This guy his very big jowels. He had a U face shape or a U shaped face. Elvis had a very triangular face. So this Elvis is a live thing. This is who these people are seeing. These people are of that age after Elvis died, and I believe me, I wish he was still alive. The man is not alive. If he is, he's walking around without most of his vital organs because the doctors still have him in dry ice or they did last time. I knew this is who these people are seeing. And I used to I used to be part of that. Elvis is a live group because they are finding things, They are finding evidence to suggest that he's alive. Problem is the evidence that they're finding has been planted there for them to find, because the more time we spend looking for Elvis at Burger King, the less time we spent solving this murder. So they have to let this go and they have to get on board with the rest of the body of evidence. And I was in that camp for a long time too, until I saw the whole rest of the story. And now I realize, you know how badly they want him. They wanted them dead, and it got to the point where they were coming after him so hard that right after Aloha from Hawaii February eighteenth, Elvis is on stage in Vegas and four guys rushed the stage. I mean, this is this is substantial. So a couple guys. Elvis had been getting death frats and now it's getting physical. Now it's really ratcheting up. So Elvis had his security crew around him all the time, and they were behind the curtain watching the crowd just for this reason. You know, four guys rushed the stage. Three of them got taken out by the bodyguards. One of them got to Elvis, and Elvis is off to the left hand side of the stage really didn't he wasn't paying attention, you know, he was probably kissing some girl or some stupid thing. So when he turns around, there's this guy you know, coming after him, and Elvis footswept him into the crowd. I mean, this is and there was somebody who had video of that that I was trying to buy the rights to that video, and I kind of fell apart. They wouldn't sell. But I mean, this isn't conspiracy talk, this is real talk. So they really wanted Elvis Presley dead for a lot of reasons. You know, he started to cancel shows he had. He went on the Alis with Colonel Parker, and Elvis Presley was standing in the way of a treasure trove of profits. They started box Car Enterprises in nineteen seventy four, which was kind of like Elvis Presley Enterprises, way before Elvis Presley Enterprises. So what that did is it was designed to make make money off his image, off his name and Elvis got a piece of it, but like most of Colonel Parker's business dealings, it was grossly unfair to Elvis. So you have to ask yourself. August sixteenth, nineteen seventy seven year old, like I am, you'll know where you were when this happened, because the world gassed, right, all right?
Speaker 1: How did they like Diana's Yeah, people remember when they were.
Speaker 2: How did they have all the records printed up Rady to sell? How did they have all all the t shirts printed up in front of Graceland to sell? If they didn't know he was going to be murdered or if he wasn't you know, I mean this is nineteen seventy seven. It's a little hard to today with more technology. I mean you can you can spin off a record like that. It takes a whis in nineteen seventy seven. I mean this is vinyl. So you have to ask yourself, if you're a conspiracy person or not, how the hell did they have all of them printed way ahead of time? It's very interesting, very interesting question.
Speaker 1: Very interesting. Speaking of questions, somebody has a question for you. Can you answer, Kindnesscake asking Steven elaborate on any FBI involvement please.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Involvement by Elvis, I mean just.
Speaker 1: In the situation like was he affiliated with the FBI or anything like that.
Speaker 2: That was definitely became an informant for the FBI or there. I don't know if it was specifically for the FBI, but he had a great working relationship with Nixon and in those types of FBI, you know, Alphabet agency, you know Alphabet agencies, and our law enforcement because you have to realize, we had just gone through the radical sixties, We went through the Vietnam protests, and people were sick of it, and Elvis was very patriotic and he wanted to do his part. He wanted to take down this drug element because Elvis had a daughter and he was worried about what was coming up in America. He didn't want his daughter to grow up in that America. So he definitely was uh, you know, he got his Federal Narcotics badch for lots and lots of reasons. And there are pictures in my book. Again, Oh, let's talk about getting the book. I mean, if you really want to get this, grab it. They're going away, actually physical books are going away. I'm I have a handful left, and when they're gone, they're gone. I'm going all digital. I've had it with physical books. I'm tired of supply chain issues. I'm tired of the price bouncing all around, and it's getting to the point where i have to sell a book for thirty bucks, and I'm not going to do that, you know, I uh, I just I've just had it with the entire thing. So I'm going all ebook an audiobook very soon. So if you want your physical books to get them, go to whom murdered books dot com and I'll leave an autographic for you.
Speaker 1: And I've got an autograph copy right here myself.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean that said, I'm done with physical books. I get a handful left, and when they're gone, they're gone. So yeah, it was the nerve with this book. I was on television in Memphis twice, well one, two, three times, and I was invited back a few times, and I just never went. I was coming off the studio and I was talking about the book, and it was Elvis Week, which they used to call Death Week, but now they've guess they they shopped it around on Elvis Week, sounded much better, so they call it Elvis week. Now it was a week he died. So I'm coming out of the studio and I'm walking in my car and this police officer walks up to me and this guy. You know, I'm no tiny guy, I'm six three. This guy is gigantic. I mean, this dude looked like a sheet of plywood, all right, and he's dressed like a cop. And he asks me, He says, are you the one that was just on television talking about Elvis's murder? And I said, yes, I'm thinking this guy wants a book or an autograph or something. The guy turned sideways and puts his thumb on the top of his holster. I said, if I were you, I wouldn't start naming names. And man, I ain't never been so scared before in my life. So there's definitely something in Graceland or I'm sorry, in Memphis specific. There are people who know a lot of things down there and they're not talking. Susanna Lee, I have to come back to this story. Susanna Lee made the mistake. She was great friends with Al but she lived in Memphis, and she was great friends of his father. Elvis died, Graceland was and she was helping Vernon go through all of this, because Vernon wasn't in great health either. So she made the mistake of going on television in nineteen seventy eight saying, when are we going to solve the murder of Elvis Prizley that everybody knows happened, but no one's talking about. As a matter of fact, even today, there are whispers around Graceland with some of the employees, and I know their names, and I'm not going to repeat them because I can't. They kind of know something happened. It's not status quo. Why do you think they don't want you upstairs at Graceland. You can't start walking through a crime scene. This is the big case in history, and no one's talking about it anyway. Susana Lee mentions it, and all of a sudden, they they shot. Somebody shot at her a couple of times. They clipped their brake lines. Somebody jumped the wall to her condo. And she was a big dog lover and she had seven dogs, and they killed six of her dogs. And one of the dogs was out in the garden and the guy didn't see it, and the other dog just made mince meat out of the guy. He got prosecuted. They finally stopped the subtle tactics and just burned her house down. I mean this is she really paid a hell of a price. And she was in the middle of writing. She has one book out, Paradise Susanna style. Actually it's been a long time ago, and she was in the middle of it. She was right at the end of publishing her last book about his murder. And we lost her. And I was told that I can't do anything with it, obviously, But people out there know the truth for sure. They're just not talking and I think they're afraid to talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've probably been threatened. Right, you talked about Jared Parker. Some guy took some bullets too, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the back of that book, there is a fella who is there's a picture of him murdered and bleeding, and his name is Jared Parker. Jared Parker. You can't make this up. Jared Parker was going to be the keynote speaker at an annual Elvis Presley conference in two thousand and seven, I think, and he had purchased at auction letters that Elvis Presley had written saying that people were following him and you know, he was worried about his safety and so forth on the way to give this keynote speech or this keynote dress. The guy gets murdered, and guess what, They steal the letters that he had bought saying that that Elvis had you know and.
Speaker 1: Steve were at the forty five minute mark. The best place to get the book is through who murder books dot com? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's my website. I'm sure that that's the cheapest place to get it. Don't even bother looking at any other places I saw it on. I saw it somewhere for sale for fourteen hundred bucks. It's insane. Why would anybody pay that for anybody's book unless you're, you know, somebody much more famous than I am. Go to murder books dot com if you want me to send it to autographic to somebody, if it's somebody's birth there or something, I'll do it, no problem. I'd like to get rid of the handful of books I have left so I can go all audiobook now. No, so I am reading my own my own audiobooks.
Speaker 1: Right, And there's a lot more in this book. You can approach the same you approach the subject of his murder the same way you did Diana, So you take out anybody who can't be So it's like a proper investigative, progressive approach. So I highly recommend people check out this book. Is there anything you'd like to add or anything, I'm missy.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to tell everybody that how I do my books is I tell the story in the first two chapters, and then I tell the official fiction, and then I go back with the questions and I answer the questions, and I come up with a pool of suspects, and I run the suspects through an investigation. Motive means an opportunity, So basically that's what writes the book. You know, I'm kind of like a sculptor who just chips away everything that you know is unnecessary to be seen. So all of my books are written like that. There's six chapters, around two hundred pages. They're quick, easy reads. I keep them short because I know people are busy. Okay, my next book is going to be on Nikola Tesla. It's amazing to me how Nikola Tesla, who is a guy who didn't really care about financial gain, how he stepped on so many people's toes with great power, and in the end they got him and stole all of his information. And we're using Wi Fi today because of Nicola Tesla. Wow, he was going to give it away today, they're charging for it. That's going to be a hell of a book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check it out again. The author's name is Steve Hubaney and I will put the link to his website who murdered books dot com in the show notes, Steve, thanks so much for your time.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's always a pleasure. Thanks for having me stay there. The