Speaker 1: Welcome to You Should Know Better with Mike C.
Speaker 2: Yelson, the guy who won't shut up about winning three times on Jeopardy.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to you Should Know Better, the trivia podcast that tests your knowledge and a little bit of your patience. Our goal here is to celebrate the theme of continuing education. We should always be learning and always be on the prowl to know better. Now we will meet our incredible guests and hear all about what lovely causes they are playing for, and shortly crown one of them the smartest person in the world for one week. But as for right now, let's jump right into some questions and answers with our first of four rounds today. It is always our General Knowledge Round.
Speaker 2: Round one, General.
Speaker 3: Knowledge thinking, caps on, friends or pencils at the ready, and away we go. There are eight questions in the General Knowledge round. Here is question number one, Who are the two girls that land golden tickets and get to check out the Wonka Chocolate Factory? The two girls and either Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. There's two girls? Can you can you name them? For question number one, how do we feel after one question?
Speaker 4: And I guess the follow up question is, if you can't name them, do you hate women?
Speaker 2: I'll answer the second one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's five. There's five kids that win golden tickets and get to explore. There's Augustus Group, the Chubster from Germany. There's Mike TV and Charlie Bucket, of course, but then there's two girls. Can you name those girls?
Speaker 2: I must hate children because I didn't even know. I knew about Glup, but I didn't know about the other two either.
Speaker 3: All right. Question number two of eight goes like this, in what decade did the federal prison of Alcatraz Island close? When did Alcatraz close? What decade of the twentieth century? So it's in the nineteen hundreds, but when did it get closed down? It was a it was a federal prison for a few decades, I believe. When did it close down? What decade? All right? Question number three? What Cook TV personality? Businesswoman? An author from New York had TV shows titled thirty Minute Meals and forty Dollars a Day?
Speaker 2: My queen?
Speaker 3: What Cook TV personality? Businesswoman? An author? She's kind of everywhere. She's from New York. She had TV shows. She had a bunch of TV shows, but the ones that I'm mentioning are thirty minute meals and forty dollars a day. Name that personality for question number three.
Speaker 2: It's literally a childhood dream to work.
Speaker 1: With her, So I'm guessing, all right.
Speaker 3: Question number four, what instrument is used in the logo for the app garage band? Don't cheat? Some people are using it right now, probably to record this. What instrument is used in the logo for the app garage band? For question number four? That in cheap. Moving right along to question number five, five of eight in the general knowledge around, name the actor that is on a roll with Top Gun, Maverick, Hitman and Twisters. He's Hollywood's They're really trying to make a movie star.
Speaker 1: God damn it. I just said his name yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's gonna come to you.
Speaker 1: It will, but not now.
Speaker 3: You'll wake up in a cold sweat. Question number six. This is a short and sweet question. How many pounds in a ton? How many pounds are in a ton? A number? Question for number math? Baby, y'all like math?
Speaker 4: I know you, I know.
Speaker 3: All right. We've arrived at our penultimate question in the general knowledge around. This is question number seven of eight. Speaking of the Olympics, What swimmer just became the most decorated female athlete in US Olympic history winning her thirteenth medal? Last name will suffice again, but again for question number seven. What swimmer just became the most decorated female athlete in US Olympic history winning her thirteenth medal? Holy smokes, I might have watched.
Speaker 2: Her if I'm correct. If I'm wrong, I still might have watched her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's kind of been everywhere the last few Olympics, which is.
Speaker 4: Crazy because she also coached one of the male Olympians this year. So I thought she was like retired.
Speaker 3: You know, he's just wearing like a warm up outfit. You're like, yeah, she's the Oh no, she's taking it off and she just where's the time.
Speaker 2: I didn't know about that. I didn't ask, So maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, see, I read his biography. Sorry, I'm still stuck on that actor. I read his biography on IMDb or something.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you meant like a book. I was like, I don't know he did read it.
Speaker 2: You know, he was genetically engineered. He's not a real person.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't have a biography that makes sense.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, he's no, he like has he actually has like a pretty because I got him mixed up with somebody else and so I was trying to figure out because I thought he was the son of a famous actor. But no, he's actually just like very homegrown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's great in a lab. I still think it's gonna pop in your head by the time we get to the answer portion of the show. I think it's gonna pop into your head.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go your final question in the general knowledge around. Here's question eight of eight. Ken Jung is the current pitchman for what toilet paper brand. He's been the pitchman for this toilet paper brand for the last couple of years. I actually got to do a commercial with him. Oh that I guessing a little bit. But I'm a guy in the background with an itchy ass so it was the I was born. I'm wearing like various shades of brown.
Speaker 4: This is disgusting. The grossest commercial.
Speaker 3: Mom I made it. Mom, I'm I'm an adult actor.
Speaker 4: I'm the itchy ass guy.
Speaker 2: Literally, I know one brand of toilet paper. Two of you can include Kirkland.
Speaker 3: I'll give you the hint. It's not Kirkland. Ken Shaw is the current pitchman for what toilet paper brand. Yeah, there's not a ton of them when you go down the aisle. There's maybe a handful, but it's a weird question. But yeah, he's the pitch man for it and doing a bunch of spots. Hmmm, all right, here we go, pencils down. We'll go over your answers in just a few quick moments. But it's time to meet our wonderful guests all the way from Irvine, Calalifornia. This guy's got a new album coming out called Sweet Mouth in twenty twenty five. He's in a bunch of TV shows and movies too. He's got one of the best voices I've ever heard. You've maybe even heard him saying with postmodern jukebox and great groups like that, Canton Chen is here today.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, you came out?
Speaker 4: And wait, when does sleep Moth come out?
Speaker 1: It'll be twenty twenty five, twenty twenty five, wait, yes.
Speaker 3: Can't wait. First album and how many years?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, twenty seventeen was my last one and it was a jazz album, so This is my first first original album, which is really wild because I've released a bunch of stuff over the years, but they've all been collaborations or covers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Like if you go to Spotify and look up Kent and Chen, you will see him sprinkled all over the damn place. Always great. You can follow Kenton on social media at It's Kenton Kenton. What charity are you playing for today?
Speaker 1: I am playing for Crescendo Young Musicians Guild. It is a nonprofit that was started by my sister Pin and what it provides low cost or free music education to kids from socioeconomic backgrounds that can't afford it. And they have three tenants, which is the education aspect of it. Performance. They put performances on at the end of each kind of quarter or semester, and then they also do service so they'll play at hospitals, they'll play at hospices, and they give these children an opportunity to really have the education that is missing from a lot of public schools. Now that to me, as someone that you know does music for a lifting, has been so life changing and enriching.
Speaker 3: That is just gorgeous. Well, we're happy to make a donation in your name, win or lose to the crescendo Young Musicians Guild Fantastic. Now it's time to meet your opponent from the mean streets of San Fantastic at San Francisco, California. She's been everywhere She's been on It's Always Sonny in Philadelphia, the other Black Girl, based on a true story. If you follow her on social media, which I'm gonna tell you about in a second, She's got a bunch of stuff coming out this fall. My dear friend Iris Lou is here today.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: You can follow miss Iris on social media at Iris Lou Official on the Instagram's Iris. What charity are you playing for today?
Speaker 2: I am playing for Eel Palestine, which is a nonprofit humanitarian organization with leaders with thirty plus years of experience building programs in Palestine. As the name of the organization would suggest, Heel is focused on health, education, aid and leadership, and Heal Palestine provides both urgent and long term solutions and infrastructure to Kaza's youth, offering hope and opportunities where they are needed.
Speaker 3: Most beauty Ful Again, We're happy to make a donation in your name to the wonderful heel Palestine. All right, folks, you know who are competitors are today, you know what great causes they are playing for. But it's time to get back to the game. Get down to brass tacks and go over our answers for round one General Knowledge. Round question number one of eight was who are the two girls that land golden tickets and get to check out the Wonka Chocolate factory Kent and ch And what did you come up with? For number one?
Speaker 1: I said Violet and Blueberry?
Speaker 3: Violet and Blueberry, that's those are great answers. Iris, what did you put?
Speaker 2: I wrote, be Reguard and Violet. Oh and also Melissa, just in case, just in case violent and Beureguard was Violet Beaureguard and it was one person. So if Violet Beaureguard is the full name of one of.
Speaker 3: Them, Melissa, I love that, it's like Violet Beauregard and Pam. I don't know, Pam. You guys were starting off with fractions. I hate to do this to Jackie.
Speaker 4: But like, I don't know why we would just wouldn't start off with one?
Speaker 3: No, no, have seas each I love doing this to you. You're gonna get a half point. Violet is one of the choice. Yeah, Violet, you're turning Violet. Violet. She's the one that was turned into a big blueberry when she choose the gum that's got blueberry pie at the end, and it's not ready yet.
Speaker 4: And her last name is Bower.
Speaker 3: Hello, Yeah, Violin. It's not Melissa, So it's not Melissa, sweet Melissa. It is the It is kind of the the snotty brat that's got the rich father, that's like, I want the world, I want the whole world. It's Veruka Salt, a Aruka Salt. There's even a band that was named after that girl. But it is Varuka Salt, the other brat that wins a golden ticket. But you guys got off the schneid on question number one. You got a half point right away. Great job. Question number two, and what decade did the federal prison on Alcatraz close iris? What did you put for number two?
Speaker 2: I said, nineteen forties.
Speaker 3: Nineteen forties, Great guest, Kenton, what did you put?
Speaker 1: I said, nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: I don't know, nineteen seventies. You guys are on bookends of it. It's the nineteen sixties is when the prison on Alcatraz was finally a close but great guesses you are right there. Question number three what cook TV personality? Businesswoman? An author from New York had TV shows titled thirty Minute Meals and forty Dollars a Day. Kent and what did you put?
Speaker 1: I went with Rachel Ray.
Speaker 3: Rachel Ray. Iris is putting her hands up.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, it is my queen.
Speaker 3: Rachel Ray, Rachel Ray and Rachel Ray. It is, in fact Rachel Ray. For now, I agree, all right? Question number four? What instrument is used in the logo for the app garage band? Iris? A guitar, a guitar? Question Mark, what did you put? I put a guitar, A guitar and a guitar. Oh my gosh, that's two in a row for you both. It is a guitar that is represented on the application for a garage band. Question number five did it come? We'll see? Name? Name the actor that is on a roll with Top Gun, Maverick, Hitman and Twisters, among others.
Speaker 1: Kenton, what do you got James Vanderbeek? I don't. I think I always confuse him with James Cain, and so I cannot remember his name because every time I see his face. I think James.
Speaker 4: Caan, James Kan, James Ke James Kane.
Speaker 3: JC in the place to be, uh, Iris, help him out here? What do you got?
Speaker 2: It's little mister Glenn Powell.
Speaker 3: Oh that's his name. That's right, Glenn Powell. Nothing fancy, it's just a Glenn Powell. But it is Glenn Powell. For number five, Number six, how many pounds are in a ton? Iris?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say two thousand.
Speaker 3: Two thousand? Kenton? What did you put?
Speaker 1: That's what I said, two.
Speaker 3: Thousand and two thousand. You guys know your tonnage? It is two thousand pounds per ton. For number six, question number seven, what swimmer just became the most decorated female athlete in US Olympic history, winning her thirteenth medal. Kenton, Katie Lettike, Katie Lettick Iris, what did you put?
Speaker 2: I also said Katie Lendecki.
Speaker 3: Lettikee Ledecki Potato, Potato, It's Katie Ledeki. For number seven, You guys are on a roll. You had nothing to worry about. Look at you all right? It comes down to this question number eight. Ken Jung is the current pitchman for what toilet paper brand? Iris? Did you come up with something besides Kirkland for number eight.
Speaker 2: I feel that it's wrong because why would they need ken Jung when they got all the bears. But I'm saying, Sharman.
Speaker 3: Sharman, don't squeeze the Sharman.
Speaker 2: It's the only toilet paper brand I know, and I am a loyal user of it.
Speaker 3: That is a great guest, Kenton, What did you put?
Speaker 1: Also said Sharmon, because the only thing.
Speaker 3: I know Sharmon is winning in the mines the hearts and minds of everyone. But the correct answer is Cottinell. Cotton kind of up there with Sharman you see in the aisle. But I guess it's not as big.
Speaker 1: As you know. Actually, I will say, I actually think it's a name issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cottonell is a weird name, but it is Cottonell. Is the is this.
Speaker 1: Like one silver sort of continentals?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So you're like, what is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jackie, how are we doing after one round?
Speaker 4: We're doing great. The scores are high and the scores are tight. We've got Kenton with four point five and then Iris is in the lead with five point five.
Speaker 1: Glenn Powell, come.
Speaker 3: Down, con Glenn Powell.
Speaker 4: Glenn fucked you over?
Speaker 3: How dare he? All right? We have a one point game. It's five and a half to four and a half after one. As we enter round two of four, it is our pop culture grab bag.
Speaker 2: Round two pop culture grab.
Speaker 3: Bag Today it's a movie round and more specifically, they're all movies from five years ago. These are all movies from twenty nineteen. Here's question one of eight. I'm gonna give you a brief synopsis. Just give me the title of the film. Question number one. As an infantry battalion assembles to wage war deepen enemy territory, two soldiers are assigned to race against time and deliver a message that will stop sixteen hundred men from walking straight into a deadly trap. In this seemingly one shot flick helmed by Sam Mendez. As an infantry battalion assembles to wage war deepen enemy territory, two soldiers are assigned to race against time and deliver a message that will stop sixteen hundred men from walking straight into a deadly trap. In this seemingly warner flick helm by Sam Mendez. Question number two, journalist Fred Flarski played by Seth Rogan, reunites with his childhood crush Charlotte Field played by Charlie's their Own, now one of the most influential women in the world. As she prepares to run for president, Charlotte hires Fred as her speech rider and sparks fly.
Speaker 2: It's never heard about that movie.
Speaker 1: I watch.
Speaker 4: It's streaming somewhere and it's fucking great.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's a great it's a great movie, and I cannot remember the name of it.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a hint, because this is a tough one. The name of the film is like a term used with like horse racing, like a like the odds, like a like a like a horse that has like shitty odds to win.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what you're talking about, and I still don't know.
Speaker 2: Are you doing the Are you doing? Can you do the synopsis again?
Speaker 3: Yep? A journalist for Number two journalist fled Fred Flarski played by Seth Rogan, reunites with his childhood crush, Charlotte Field played by Shirley's their own, Now one of the most influential women in the world, as she prepares to run for president, Charlotte hires Fred as her speech writer and sparks fly all right, we're up to question number three of eight. In the grab bag. Zach, a man with down syndrome, runs away from a residential nursing home to pursue his dream of becoming a wrestler. Later, he meets with an outlaw played by Shia Labuff, who becomes his friend and coach. This was an independent film, a fucking great movie that year. I'll repeat it again for number three. Zach, a man with down syndrome, runs away from a residential nursing home to pursue his dream of becoming a wrestler. Later, he meets with an outlaw played by Shia Labuff, who becomes his friend and coach. What if you haven't seen it, this is gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: It's just funny to try to name a movie based on the log line, like as an exercise, because that's that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: If you guessed this movie from the log line, I would give you like a billion dollars.
Speaker 4: And these are IMDb log lines, right, yeah, because sometimes those are like these are good, but sometimes those are so bad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, not what this movie is.
Speaker 3: It can be really vague or yeah, like not not what you think of at all. When you've seen a certain movie.
Speaker 4: That's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: This movie is yeah. Question number four. A heavy metal drummer's life is turned upside down when he begins to lose his hearing, and he must confront a future filled with silence.
Speaker 4: I love this movie, loved.
Speaker 3: Question number four again, a heavy metal drummer's life is turned upside down when he begins to lose his hearing and he must confront a future filled with silence.
Speaker 1: My memory is so bad.
Speaker 3: All right, I think we got five. Here we go. Question number five. A young German boy in The Hitler Youth whose hero, an imaginary friend, is the country's dictator, is shocked to discover that his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their home. Taiko whiteitit helmed this one from number five again. A young German boy in The Hitler Youth whose hero an imaginary friend, is the country's dictator, is shocked to discover that his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their home.
Speaker 2: Do we need to have like the full title? You get half points.
Speaker 3: I'll be very lenear because this is a tough round. Yeah, speaking of great films. All right, I think we got this one. Question number six of eight. In the grab Bag, Greed and class Discrimination threatened the newly formed symbiotic relationship between the way healthy Park family and the destitute Kim Clan. Again, name that film for number six. Greed and class Discrimination threatened the newly formed symbiotic relationship between between the wealthy Park family and the destitute Kim Clan. Name that stellar flick for number six.
Speaker 4: That's a great log line.
Speaker 2: That is one that if I think I'm thinking of it, but then it's like, that's also like such a not that's not the log line. Like you know, like you're like, right, you go away, you think you're watching them, You think you're gonna might watch a fun Yeah, you know sharks in the Jets West Side Story.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, it's like Romeo and Juliet, right, all right, Question number seven. Question number seven goes like this, with his debts mounting and angry collectors closing in a fast talking New York City jeweler risks everything in hopes of staying afloat and alive again. For number seven, With his debts mounting and angry collectors closing in a fast talking New York City jeweler risks everything in hopes of staying afloat and alive.
Speaker 4: Twenty nineteen. What a year for movies.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't I don't think I saw it, but the.
Speaker 4: Only thing I can think of, Yep, you've got to go see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It is a heart attack of a movie.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say. Also, Visceral's fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's people that I know that are like, you got to be in the right mood to watch that, because if you if you have any anxiety or what you mean.
Speaker 2: Perpetually, I don't think I can watch that movie.
Speaker 4: And if you don't have anxiety, then you'll figure out what that feels like for people watching.
Speaker 3: And you'll know what it's like to have.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is what this feels like for people.
Speaker 3: Constant low hum of anxiety, all right. Question number eight of eight. A struggling musician realizes he's the only person on earth who can remember the Beatles after waking up in an alternate reality where they never existed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know, I didn't watch this movie, but I kind of wanted to.
Speaker 3: It's cute. It's a fun, cute movie. A struggling musician realizes he's the only person on earth who can remember the Beatles after waking up in an alternate reality where they never existed.
Speaker 1: I have a fucking record player promoting the movie.
Speaker 2: Not a record but a record player.
Speaker 4: I thought it was just like in general, like I have a record player. I should know about the Beatles.
Speaker 1: It's branded for the movie. I don't know how I got it.
Speaker 3: Do you guys need a hint at all on that one? Or iris? Do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean I would take a hint. I just put something down, but I have.
Speaker 3: It's a one word title and it's named after one of their most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a song. I know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they got a lot of one word like, yeah, that's not the biggest Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it helps because my guess was two words. So it wasn't the title of a song, but it was two words.
Speaker 1: So mean, Okay, well we'll see I just guessed. Okay, Well, well this sucks because.
Speaker 2: I was pretty I was pretty comfortable with my two word answer, and now I know it's wrong. So I'm going to need a moment.
Speaker 1: Just put Glenn Powell.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, deep breath, pencils down, Let's go over our answers for a very challenging because this was tough pop culture grab ac movies from only five years ago, movies from twenty nineteen. It was a great year for film, but I didn't take it easy on you. Let's go over our answers one of eight. As an infantry battalion assembles to wage war deep enemy territory, two soldiers are assigned a race against time and deliver a message that will stop sixteen hundred men from walking straight into a deadly trap. In this seemingly one shot flick helmed by Sam Mendez Iris, What did you put for number one?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is like a history question as well, because I'm fairly certain it's a year, and I'm gonna guess eighteen forty.
Speaker 3: Two, eighteen forty two, Kenton, What did you put?
Speaker 1: I carried it Bridge to goner Rhea. That's not right.
Speaker 3: That deserves a splooshe. I like that Bridge to goner Rhea should be a movie equal to Bridge to Terethy. Yeah. Yeah, it's the sequel or the prequel.
Speaker 4: They're older and they fucking yeah, the kids have grown up.
Speaker 2: Knew we knew that was going to happen.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's sensational.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The answer the correct answer for question number one iris, you were on the right track. It is a year, but we're talking about World War One, so the year is nineteen seventeen was the name of that film? Great, I told you I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't do history, and certainly not war. But I was like, it's gonna be so embarrassing when I'm so off. But I know it starts with an eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm wrong? So wrong is the correct answer? You were Your head was in the right place, No harm, no foul. Question Number two, Journalist Fred Flarski played by Seth Rogen, reunites with his childhood crush, Charlotte Field played by Charlie's their own Charlotte to Charlie's that it didn't really go too far with that one. Now one of the most influential women in the world, as she prepares to run for president, Charlotte hires Fred as her speechwriter and sparks fly Canton. What do you got?
Speaker 1: Okay, So, my original answer I thought was a great pitch for the movie. It was called fat Chance. Oh my god, that's I thought, that's a really good one. But then when you did the clue, I was like, Okay, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Last ditch, Fat chance or last ditch? Those are great? Iris, What did you come up with for number two?
Speaker 2: My first guess, having never heard of this movie was betting the Field Charlotte Field. I was like, I don't know, there's something, there's something to do with a spread and a field. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Are great?
Speaker 2: And then you said two words and then you were like, all the clues, So I went crap.
Speaker 3: I went crapshoot, crap shoot, this is great. You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna end the fraction misery by giving you a half point for just being clever as fuck on this question. You deserve a half point each. The correct answer is long shot, but you guys were so because it is. It's a great film, but a very forgettable title. That's a tough one. So yeah, half point for your ingenuity. That was really good. Question number three Zach, a man with down syndrome, run away from a residential nursing home to pursue his dream of becoming a wrestler. Later, he meets with an outlaw played by Shilah Buff who becomes his friend and coach. Iris, what do you got for this toughie? I got SmackDown great, great guest, Kenton, the leg up. You guys are killing it on the guest game. I love this. Now prepare to have your minds blown. It's it's it's in that world. It's right there. Nothing will be bridge to Ganeria. But this is actually a great film with Shilah buff and the and the guy that plays Zach is just wonderful. It's called The Peanut Butter Falcon. The Peanut Butter Falcon is that little Indie darling on a bunch of India Awards. But the Peanut Butter Falcon highly recommend that film. Question number four a heavy metal drummer played by Rezam ed life. His life has turned upside down when he begins to lose his hearing and you must confront a future filled with silence. Kent and Chen, what did you put for number four?
Speaker 1: The sound of silence?
Speaker 3: Sound of silence? Great guests love song. What did you put sound of metal, sound of metal, sound of silence? The correct answer is sound of metal, Sound of metal? Is that title?
Speaker 2: I worked with uh Darius Martyr on a on a commercial and the night before that shoot, I watched the movie and I was like, I'm very happy.
Speaker 4: I watched that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeause, I was like, I was like, wow, this is a cool day. When I was on set.
Speaker 3: This is especially Yeah. Sometimes you do, you work on some small project or something. You're like that DP like shot, you know, nineteen seventeen or something, You're like, what the fuck are you doing? What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Making? Making commercial money?
Speaker 3: Is right?
Speaker 2: They're doing there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it is sound of Medal. Kent. You were so close, I know.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's not right, it's not right. But what am I missing?
Speaker 3: All right? Question number five? A young German boy in the Hitler Youth whose hero and imaginary friend is the country's dictator, is shocked to discover that his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their home. Iris Lou, what did you put for number five?
Speaker 2: So I'm certain about half of it? The Tale of Jojo.
Speaker 3: Rabbit, The Tale of Jojo Rabbit, Kent? And what did you put?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm I was sure about Jojo Rabbit. The rest I didn't know, So I said, who framed Jojo Rabbit?
Speaker 2: Oh that's really good.
Speaker 3: You're both getting the point. You got the right title in there. It is Jojo Rabbit. It's just Jojo. It's just jo just straight up, don't add any ornaments to the Jojo Rabbit. It's just Jojo Rabbit. You got it?
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, I see her little feat.
Speaker 3: Who framed Jojo?
Speaker 4: Or have it?
Speaker 3: Could be the follow up? Good stuff all right? Final three in the grab bag, question number six, greed and class discrimination threatened the newly formed symbiotic relationship between the wealthy Park family and the destitute Kim Clan Kenton. Parasite parasite? Iris, what did you put?
Speaker 4: Awesome?
Speaker 2: Parasite?
Speaker 3: It is parasite site Bong June Hose great film for number six? Parasite question number seven, with his debts mounting and angry collectors closing in a fast talking New York City jeweler risks everything in hopes of staying afloat and alive. Iris uncut jams, uncut jams Kenton, what did you put?
Speaker 1: Uncut gems aka Julia Fox is my muse?
Speaker 3: Uncut gems? Yeah, the heart attack of a film? It is uncut gems for number seven?
Speaker 4: Come on? What you have to say it properly?
Speaker 3: How do you say it?
Speaker 4: Onct JOm John Job.
Speaker 3: Who said? Who said it that way?
Speaker 2: That was Julia Fox?
Speaker 4: Right, Julia Fox.
Speaker 3: On job. I totally forgot about that thing that was like a thing for me.
Speaker 4: Of the central Yeah.
Speaker 3: And finally, question number eight, a struggling musician realizes he's the only person on earth who can remember the Beatles after waking up in an alternate reality where they never existed.
Speaker 1: Kenton Yesterday Yesterday.
Speaker 3: Iris.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a really fucking good guess because I had Yellow Submarine and then Across the Universe, which I know I loved. Across the Universe. I know that's not that, but I am going to go with the Beatles classic song.
Speaker 3: Unwritten Deep Cut. It's on their anthology, volume three. The correct answer is yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, yeah, Yeah. As soon as you said it, I was like, that's it, and I love.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, I know my other guesses are gonna be wrong, but maybe Natasha Beddingfields. Unwritten was a cover of.
Speaker 4: A do you just watch anyone? But you as well? I did, so there you go. Yeah, that's why that's in Freshion.
Speaker 2: Then oh no, that's always that places.
Speaker 3: Regular for a tough round, you guys finished really strong, Jackie. He's doing the math. She's tabulating the scores right now. But yeah, in the pop culture grab bag, How did they do movies? From twenty nineteen Jackie.
Speaker 4: Scoreboard update, Still tight, still high. We've got Iris with two hands ten and Kenton with nine nine.
Speaker 1: Still has two hands?
Speaker 2: Is still two hands?
Speaker 1: Right? You just take a pinky off. That's able list.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, you can count. You can count with two hands to nine.
Speaker 3: It is ten to nine at halftime. We're here with Kent and Chen. You could follow him on social media. It's Kenton. He's playing for the Crescendo Young Musicians Guild. And we're also here with I Lou. You can follow her on social media at Iris Lou Official on Instagram, and she's playing for Heel Palestine. We got a one point game. As we enter our third or four rounds today, it is the dreaded or infamous Lightning Round Round three, the Lightning Round. Kenton, you are trailing, so you get to choose first from these three categories today Today, where the categories are kind of famous gifts or memes that were out in the world. You could either choose from James vanderbeek is crying, Tyra Banks is we were all rooting for you, or Homer Simpson slowly backing away into a hedge, name your poison.
Speaker 1: Because I do not hate women. I'm going to choose Tyra Banks. We were all rooting for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm gonna say this question twice. I'm gonna say go. You're gonna have twenty seconds to say as many possible answers as you can. Kenton Iris writes some answers down during this because I'm gonna come straight to you for your five second rebuttals soon as Kenton's twenty seconds are up. So, Kenton, here is your Tyra Banks. We were all rooting for you. Lightning round question. Name any of the last nine funny people to win the Mark Twain Prize for Humor. They do it every year, but it's a bunch of like huge stand ups or comedic actors or actresses that have won this award over the last you know, twenty years. But name any famous funny people that have won this award over the last nine years. Twenty seconds on the clock and.
Speaker 1: Go Julia, Luis Streifuss, Jerry Seinfeld, Steve Martin, Carol Burnett as a fuck. I don't know anybody else, David Jerry, Jerry Larry, David stop love Seinfeld.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, great. You named a bunch of people that have won this award, but a lot of them I think even won it further down the road. But you did get j L. D. Julia Louis Dreyfus won it a few years back, so you got one. There's still a bunch on the board. Irish your five second rebuttal. See if you could steal any answers again, name any of the last nine funny people to win the Mark Twain Prize for Humor five second rebuttal and go.
Speaker 2: Oscar Okotska, Nori Davis, Amy Schumer, Jokoy, my friend Jenny Yang, just for fun.
Speaker 3: I love I love all those people.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, you named too many women as only right.
Speaker 2: I was like, I named many people of color and women, so I probably got zero.
Speaker 3: So let's go over the ones. This was a tough this is a tough question. This is a tough question. In twenty seconds, it's total bullshit. So sorry you picked Tyra Banks. She was she was your downfall. This time, let's go over the ones. We didn't get to the one that just won it this year. Kevin Hart won what oh okay? Adam Sandler won two years ago.
Speaker 1: Uncut, John uncut, John.
Speaker 3: Just coming back. He's all over this. John Stewart one.
Speaker 2: Wow, these be bore too famous for me to think that they needed awards, And I was like, oh I fell more like hop in coming. But it's like, oh no, this is like these are the big ones.
Speaker 3: Dave Chappelle, Dave Chappelle, won, Dave, David Letterman, Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, h Jay Leno. Wo uh if I'm not mistaken, we have a tie ball game right now. Tie ball game right now, but it's Iris's turn in the barrel. Iris. You could either choose James vanderbeek is crying or Homer Simpson slowly backing away into a hedge for your lightning round question.
Speaker 2: The meme I probably reference the most of my life is the Homer Simpson ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna do former Simpson slowly backing away into a hedge. So the James Vanderbeek one was kind of a food question, but that'll just go into the hopper for another game. Okay, you're would we food? All right, here's your home your question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here, I'm gonna say it twice. Say go twenty seconds, say as many things as possible, Kent and jots some answers down because I'm gonna come to you with your rebuttal straight away. Here's your Homer Simpson, slowly backing away into a hedge lightning round. Question per fishing Booker, what are the top nine US states for fishing? Top nine US states for fishing total? Random question? Twenty seconds on the clock and go.
Speaker 2: Maine, Virginia, Oregon, California, Mississippi, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Dakota, North, Dakota South.
Speaker 3: Stop stop.
Speaker 4: I was so impressive.
Speaker 3: I'm so impressive.
Speaker 2: You know, I just did states.
Speaker 3: I have to I have to ask a question. You definitely got Michigan and Florida. You got Florida right under the under the under the wire. Did you say Maine? Yes, Okay, that's what I thought. So I think you got those three. So your five second rebuttal? All right? You got three? You got Florida, Michigan, and Maine. All right, Kent, your five second rebuttal? Per fishing booker, what are the top nine US states for fishing? Five seconds on the clock and.
Speaker 1: Go Massachusetts, Alaska, Washington, New York at Oregon, California, Georgia.
Speaker 3: You got Alaska and Georgia. I believe I think you got those two. I think you stole too. So let's go over the ones we didn't get to. Some of these are like, really, I don't know, but this is take it up with fishing Booker online. That is number three was Delaware, which I'm like, I don't think of fishing of Delaware, but I guess maybe off the coast or whatever. It's great. Number five I don't think either of you said the South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Oh that was my yes, but I thought it was too many syllables.
Speaker 2: What why?
Speaker 3: Number seven Louisiana Louisiana, Yeah, Verry and number eight I don't think anyone said. Did anyone say Hawaii? I don't think anyone says. I don't think about any But I guess you're, you know, catching huge marlins and salefish or something. Jackie, I think we're super close. Where are we at? After a very interesting lightning round?
Speaker 4: Now there's a bit a bit more of a difference in the score. Uh, you guys are just two points away from each other. Now we stuff Irons in the lead with fourteen, but Kenton, you are close behind in the double digits with twelve.
Speaker 1: Thank god, I still sigh God.
Speaker 4: And this last round is we're double so anything can happen.
Speaker 3: That's what we're talking about here. It is fourteen to twelve after three. As we enter round four, which is our Theodore Double Duty Radcliffe round Round four, the double Duty points are doubled, so there's only one question between you two as we head into this round. We've never done this, but this is a round all about food and drinks and music. These are all questions about songs or artists or albums that featured food or drinks. Very interesting category. There's ten questions, so there's twenty points up for grabs. I forgot. I had so much fun putting this together. There are ten questions, so you have a lot of chances for lots of points in this round. Here is question number one, What Beyonce album title from twenty sixteen is good enough to drink?
Speaker 4: For number one, Tenton's gonna win this so hard?
Speaker 2: Can you repeat it?
Speaker 3: What Beyonce album title from twenty sixteen is good enough to drink? Question number two? Question number two Andy Warhol painted what food item for a famous velvet? Underground and Nico album cover. Very famous album cover that Andy Warhol painted for the Velvet Underground and Nico album cover. But what food item is on that famous cover? It's a white background and then this food item? All right? Question number three, Let's get more current. Smooth Like Butter Like a Criminal Undercover is the opening lyric for a hit for what international pop super group? For number three? Smooth Like Butter Like a Criminal Undercover is the opening lyric for a hit from what international pop supergroup? For number thrace, Oh, this is where it gets real quiet every time we play two point game, all right? Question number four, It's kind of a two parter. Jimmy Buffett sang about this food item in paradise, while Rupert Holmes sang about this adult beverage and getting caught in the rain. Can you name either of those things? Jimmy Buffett sang about this food item in paradise, while Rupert Holmes sang about this adult beverage and getting caught in the rain? All right? Question Numero Sinko Tastes like strawberries on a summer evening is the opening lyric for what Harry styles banger.
Speaker 4: Banger love this song?
Speaker 3: Question number five tastes like strawberries on a summer evening is the opening lyric for what Harry styled banger. Moving right along question number six, The Zach Brown Band had a hit song with the lyrics, Oh, I like my blank fried a cold beer on a Friday night, a pair of jeans that fit just right and the radio. Wait what is that blank? Zach Brown Band had a hit song with the lyric I like my blank fried cold beer on a Friday night, a pair of jeans that fit just right and the radio.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is uncovering the genres of music.
Speaker 1: That clearly I don't even know who Zach Brown is.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow ken.
Speaker 1: Is he like a Jack Johnson kind of character.
Speaker 3: He's a huge, like I think, kind of mainstream country artist that like tons of people like he's like pop country superstar.
Speaker 4: Is it the Zach Brown Band? Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, So you're telling me that, like, whatever it is, it has to.
Speaker 3: Be this was a huge hit song. Like country is not my thing, but this is a huge hit song, and like I'm surprised that, like he's a huge artist that makes a bajillion dollars like playing so I should stop helping you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should. I mean, we know it's got to be a Southern dish Matt's friends of I'm not gonna get it. There's no way, Okay.
Speaker 3: All right. Question number seven is probably my favorite question of the game. In twenty twenty, Nathan Appadocca, also known as Dogface, became an Internet sensation by skateboarding while listening to Fleetwood Max Dreams and sipping what Beverage. In twenty twenty, this is just a few short years ago, Nathan Appadacca, also known as Dogface, became an Internet sensation. He was just chilling on his skateboard on his like long skateboarding while listening to Fleetwood Max Dreams and sipping a bottle, like a huge bottle of what beverage. But the song, I think the song was important. It was like you had to have Fleetwood Max Dreams playing in whatever you were doing.
Speaker 4: And he brought that, like that song came back into the zeitgeist.
Speaker 3: It did it like it was. It got like a billion streams because he put it on there.
Speaker 1: It's a good song, It's a great song. Thunderopens woun It's rain anyway.
Speaker 3: No, I'm glad we finally got kent in to sing a little sex cells. This thing's gonna be huge. All Right, here we go. We're down to the final three questions. It could all come down to these three questions. Question number eight, Food is the title of the fifth studio album for this British American rapper who often sports a mask reminiscent of a Marvel super villain or a gladiator. It's a tough question, but if you know him, you've him. This rapper he wears like a metal face mask. But his album was called Food. I have it. It's a fantastic album. It's his fifth studio albu for this British American rapt yes, who often sports a mask reminiscent of a Marble supervillain or a gladiator. All right, Question number nine of ten we have a supersized double duty Radcliffe round. We're talking about food and drinks and music. Question number nine drove my chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry? Is from what nineteen seventy one anthem? What's the name of that song that you hear at karaoke too much? Those long karaoke jams? Uh drove my chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry. Is from what nineteen seventy one anthem? For number nine, question number ten, Kalise sang about what food item that brings all the boys to the yard. For question number ten, I.
Speaker 2: Will attest it also brings girls to the yard.
Speaker 3: It brings everybody. So again for number ten, Calise sang about what food item that brings all the boys to the yard.
Speaker 1: Clearly we both need that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're not all peanut butter falcons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 4: Like that you're gonna warm up the milkshake. Oh yeah, I want my milkshake served soupy.
Speaker 3: Me tap it.
Speaker 1: Groom, temp, body, temp baby.
Speaker 3: All right, pencils down. Let's go over her answers to the double Duty Redcliffe ROWND. This was a category all about food and drinks and music. We have a two point game heading into this round. Let's get after it. Question one of ten what Beyonce album title from twenty sixteen is good enough to drink? Kenton? What did you get?
Speaker 1: Lemonade?
Speaker 3: Lemonade? Iris Lou? What did you put lemonade? We got lemonade and an ad two points a piece, starting out strong. Question number two Andy Warhol painted what food item for a famous velvet Underground and Nico album cover. Iris.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Campbell's.
Speaker 3: Soup, Campbell's soup. Great guest, Kenton, what did you put?
Speaker 1: I said, Campbell's can of soup.
Speaker 3: Campbell's canoff soup. He did paint that a lot. That's not the food item I was going for. It is a banana album cover. It's a white cover with a big black and yellow banana on the cover. For Questions that.
Speaker 4: Might Haunt Me, those shirts were popular urban outfitters.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're you're a cool music snob if you wear in one of those. Question number three, smooth black butter like Criminal Unduck cover is the opening lyric for a hit from what international pop super group Kenton b TS b TS Iris, What did you put? Also BTS, BTS and BTS Holy Cow two points Apiece, two point Games Still after three Got seven to go? Question number four, Jimmy Buffett sang about this food item in Paradise, while Rupert Holmes sang about this adult beverage and getting caught in the rain? Iris, what did you get?
Speaker 2: Are they supposed to be the same? Answer?
Speaker 3: No, they're different things. Oh, it made that abundantly clear.
Speaker 2: But okay, well, my answers are margarita and pina clata.
Speaker 3: Gotcha pina kalada? Kenton? What did you put?
Speaker 1: Did you see? Or or and?
Speaker 3: And so it's one is one food item, and then the other song is another food item.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about our drink. I just said drinks. But I guess it could be a margarita, but it's pina coladas. I got the second one. The first one I didn't even register. It was supposed to be different.
Speaker 3: So you're each gonna get one point apiece because you got the pinya kalada song, like if you like pina coladas getting caught in the rain. The Jimmy Buffett song was Cheeseburger in Paradise. That's not at all.
Speaker 2: I would have never gotten that.
Speaker 3: It's okay, so you got Yeah, he did Margaritaville, but I did Cheeseburger and Paradise and the Pina colada song by Rupert Holmes. But you got one point a piece, all right. Question number five Tastes like Strawberries on a Summer Evening is the opening lyric for what Harry styles Banger Kenton.
Speaker 1: Taste like straw babies on a summer eating. Uh, watermelon sugar?
Speaker 3: Iris, what do you got watermelon sugar? Watermelon sugar? It is watermelon sugar? For number five, Love that song all right? Question number six. The Zach Brown Band had a hit song with the lyric I like my blank fried, a cold beer on a Friday night, a pair of jeans that fit just right and the radio up. Iris, what do you got?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I like my chicken fry. Oh my god?
Speaker 4: What else we frying? Kenton, Kenton?
Speaker 3: What did you put?
Speaker 1: I said chicken?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is chicken fried. I like my chicken fried Friday.
Speaker 1: Originally I said eggs, and then I was like, wait, wait, wait, wait wait, this is a this is this is a southern country. It's gotta be because again you're talking about beer. I'm like, you're not gonna be like I like my Frida eggs and beer. That sounds disgusting.
Speaker 3: It is chicken fried from the Zach Brown Band for number six, question number seven. And twenty twenty, Nathan Appadaca aka dog Face became an Internet sensation by skateboarding while listening to Fleetwood Max Dreams and sipping what Beverage Kenton.
Speaker 1: What beverage. I don't know, pop soda, Topo Chico, I just said, I said Topo Chico or coke, but I don't think it's just some sort of carbonated thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Iris, what did you put?
Speaker 2: I also envisioned carbonation, but I said a big gulp or like icy?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh icy. You guys will ever forget this as long as you live. He had like a huge bottle, like a thirty two ounce or like forty eight ounce bottle of ocean Spray Cran Raspberry.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 3: Listening to dreams and Ocean Spray.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can see it now, I remember, I remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cran Raspberry. If you want the specifics, everybody at home, it was cran Raspberry. But yeah, if you said ocean spray, thumbs up, you get the two points.
Speaker 4: But did anyone spray?
Speaker 3: No? No, okay, it didn't get it.
Speaker 2: We had broad We had broad categories that were wrong.
Speaker 3: Number eight was a toughy, but we'll see what we got here. Food is the title of the fifth studio album for this British American rapper, who often sports a mask reminiscent of a Marvel super villain or a gladiator. I'm very excited to hear these Iris. What did you put ed ed?
Speaker 2: Yes, but my actual guest guest x Man x.
Speaker 3: Man, Oh that's good. I like that. That's actually good. Kenton, what did you put?
Speaker 1: That's a baby zorro.
Speaker 3: That answer deserves a huzza.
Speaker 4: That's a great rap name.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you a point apiece just for that's great. X Man eb sorrow is great. This great rapper's name is MF Doom. M F Doom is that rapper that wears the mask all the time? Question number nine drove my chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry as from what nineteen seventy one anthem.
Speaker 1: Kenton, My my miss American.
Speaker 3: Pie American pie? Iris, what did you put?
Speaker 2: American pie?
Speaker 3: American pie? An American pie two points a piece. It's gonna came down to this uestion number ten. How do you say it again? Jackie? Kalise Kalise Kalise put the accent on the eye. Kalise saying about what food that brings all the boys to the yard?
Speaker 2: Iris, My milkshake brings all the boys.
Speaker 1: Of the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kenton, what do you got?
Speaker 1: Milkshake?
Speaker 3: It is a milkshake that brings all the boys jo, oh my god, are we Jackie's tabulating our final score between you two.
Speaker 4: It's tabulated. It was actually quite.
Speaker 3: Easy what do we got?
Speaker 4: Because you did tie on that final route. So we have Iris as the smartest person for a week with twenty eight points and Penton not far behind with twenty six. Second person.
Speaker 1: It's true because you didn't get incredible. I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: It was Glenn Powell.
Speaker 1: Glen Powell came down to Glen Powell.
Speaker 3: Holy Cow, the Bridge to Gonorrhea and Glen Powell. That was a hell of a game. Two point game. Iris, you are the smartest person in the world. Her well week. We're happy to make a donation in Kenton's name to the Crescendo Young Musicians Gil to follow him on social media at It's Kenton and check out his new album that's dropping in twenty twenty five called sweet Mouth and then Our Champ Iris Lou. You can follow her on social media at Iris Lou Official on Instagram. We're happy to make a donation in her name to Heal Palestine and look for her on It's always Sonny the Other Black Girl, based on a true story and a bunch of new stuff she's got coming out this fall. Oh my god, that game was close all the way through. But Gang, we're not done yet. It's time for Jackie to take over.
Speaker 1: The final throwdown.
Speaker 3: And do our final throwdown questions. So, Jackie, what do you got for us today?
Speaker 4: I got really entire to the sticktom now six. Last night, all right, I could not stop watching the Olympic feed of artistic gymnastics. If you haven't checked it out yet, it fucking blew my mind.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 4: It starts with wild hula hoop shit and it's fucking awesome. So my question is what year was artistic gymnastics introduced to the Olympic Games? Oh?
Speaker 3: So this is is this? Yeah? Is it the same or is it different than? Like they have the ball or the little.
Speaker 2: They have the ball, they have the time.
Speaker 4: They have ribbon dancers, they have stuff and the girls do it all. That's what was so crazy. You see somebody do a crazy ass like hula hoop routine and then next round it is ball and the same girl is doing the ball and you're like, how are you doing that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it is. It is Olympic circus Tree's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it starts tole' it's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember reading about this because they're not doing it this year, right they are to a yeah, oh they are, or maybe they didn't, they didn't do it for a while.
Speaker 4: Perhaps this is a comeback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they took it. Because I was reading about how they took it out for the last few or something, and then I have I.
Speaker 2: Have literally no idea. You guys know how bad I am with years.
Speaker 3: So but growing up it's like, I don't remember this always being a thing, like growing up in like seventies, eighties, maybe like maybe in the nineties they brought it out, because I do remember going like, ah, this is interesting and seeing like the ball and the yeah, the hoops and all that other stuff and being like, holy shit, this is crazy. It's like incredible dance juggling.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I've literally never seen it, So all I can offer is that the Olympics happen every four years ago.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see did you ever watch Liz Liz? You know Liz, but the Hillary Duff Show. We love Liz, The Hillary Duff Show. McGuire. She did it, Yes, she did.
Speaker 3: Okay, So when was that show? Like two thousand? Yeah, I'm running So that's what I was thinking. I was thinking maybe like a nineteen ninety two in Barcelona or Atlanta? Was ninety six before that?
Speaker 1: I think eighty?
Speaker 3: South Korea? Do you want to go eighty eight?
Speaker 1: I think I think it was in the eighties.
Speaker 3: I think you do eighty eight. I'll do ninety two. Iris, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean? Whatever I whatever I pick is going to be wrong. So let's go. Let's go eighty four. Let's ring back to Late Baby nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: It is eighty four, eighty four. Yeah, let's do eighty four, eighty eight, ninety two work. We're hedging our bets where we have a nice twelve.
Speaker 4: And you're nowhere near it. What if I told you the number eight was there in eighteen but the ninety four is eighteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Your original answer, Iris to the Battle movie?
Speaker 3: What do you tell us about that? Like you?
Speaker 4: It was introduced at the very first Olympic Games of the modern era in eighteen ninety three, right, and has since been included in every edition.
Speaker 1: Oh really, that's it was.
Speaker 4: Restricted to male competitors, which is wild because now there's no male like, they don't do men in this at all. It was restricted to male competitors for thirty two years until nineteen twenty eight in Amsterdam, when women were allowed to compete for the first time. And now, for whatever reason, men don't compete at all.
Speaker 1: Well, because guys don't want to play with balls.
Speaker 2: And they also don't want music apparently the Florentines where they're just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, it is so awkward.
Speaker 4: Comm also the synchronized swimming or artistic swimming. Holy fucking shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, guys, this was awesome. What a close game, Iris the champ. You are right there the whole time. I wish you nothing but the best of the rest of this year. And yeah, hope to see you in person reel soon.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes see soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: See you next week for another episode of You Should Know Better.
Speaker 3: I want to help out the podcast. Please subscribe to You Should Know Better wherever you listen to podcasts, Rate our show and write a review if you can. It really helps get the word out to the Massons. We thank you, and for some daily trivia action, check us out on TikTok and Instagram until next week. Take care of yourselves and each other. We're all in this together, and then the immortal words of Harry Carey. So Long. Everybody You should know Better. Is produced by Jackie Gonzalez de Ruthie and myself Mike Ce Nelson, edited by Nick Wright. All music created by mister Kevin Shema voice over Tenant Not Tell You Stelianos and graphic design by Jason Caldera and Calderico
Speaker 4: MHM