Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tim Case, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck if you're enjoying your Saturday afternoon. Los Angeles Dodgers eighty seven and sixty on this season, first place, the top the NL West, the lead in the Division four and a half games with fifteen games remaining in the regular season. After dropping the series opening game to the Braves last night in Atlanta, the Dodgers look to bounce back tonight. You know what is a great pitching matchup with Jack Flaherty going for the Dodgers, Chris Saale on the mound for the Braves. First pitch from Chewis Park is coming up at four to twenty. Coming up over the next hour plus here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Got a lot to get to from him, the latest on Tyler Glass now, who is being shut down for the rest of the regular season. More on that throughout the pregame. Will dive deeper into this pitch sheeet matchup. David Vassa goes one on one with Kevin Kiirermeier. Shortly we'll check in with Kirsten Watson, who is down on the field. We got your chance to win sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodger game in the Dodger Sinsheet Sweet Life Challenge that's coming up in about thirty minutes. And in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth with Rick Monday and Tim nehert Well. Yesterday in Atlanta, it was a rough one for the young lunk Landon Knack, the Dodger right hander, got into trouble early in the first, back to back singles, then Matt Olsen in RBI double Braves with a one nothing lead in the second.
Speaker 3: More problems for Nack.
Speaker 2: A lead off walk, Gie or Schello two run home run, Braves up three to nothing. Very next batter infield single. Two batters later, another mistake from Nakis, jorgees Hilaire took him deep to left for a two run home run. The second in the inning for the Braves is they were up five to nothing. Land and Knack would last just the two innings, five run, seven hits. The six outs that he got two of them deep fly balls to the wall in center field. He got out of there down five to nothing. The Dodgers' offense meanwhile struggled against Braves young right hander Spencer Schwellenbach. Finally, in the third, the Dodgers got on the board. Miguel Rojas with the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: It comes the pitch on the way from Spencer schwelling back. This one's hit well the left field heading back.
Speaker 5: To the wall.
Speaker 4: It is gone home run Miguel Rojas for Miguel home run number five on the season, and the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Get on the board. It is five to one.
Speaker 2: Solo home run for Rojas is fifth of this season. That's the breath of fresh Air moment of the game, presented by a Tar Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in Southern California. A Tar Mechanical is your trusted partner. Their service is more than just a solution, it's a breath of fresh air. From the moment you call him to the completion of your projects. A Tar Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price.
Speaker 3: Omar Brittany the Founders. They're great people.
Speaker 2: Dodgers down five to one, they get a little closer in the fourth thanks to Tommy.
Speaker 6: Edmund scratch on the one to two pitch.
Speaker 4: Edmund swings lines are in the right field of base at te Oscar's gonna get waved around, so layer up and throwing. It'll be cut off by Olson and the Dodgers pick up another run here with two down on a single by Tommy Edmund, scoring to Oscar Hernandez, it is five to two.
Speaker 2: RBI's single Dodgers cut the deficit to three. However, they'd get no closer. In fact, Michael Harris the second and RBI double in the eighth. Braves go on and beat the Dodgers yesterday in the series opener six to two. Spencer Schwellenbach out pitches Land and Nag. That didn't help that Otani, Betts, Freeman, and Muncie were combined zero for fifteen with five strikeouts of the plate. With the lost Dodgers fall to eighty seven and sixty, they hook the bounce back to night Jack Flerty on the mound first pitch of Atlanta's coming up at four twenty and with more we head out to the Gallpit Motors Broadcast booth and say good afternoon to Rick Monday and Tim Neffert.
Speaker 4: Guys, Hi, Tim, thank you very much as we get set for baseball tonight here in Atlanta, still overcast skies. Some weather might be hanging around the area, and we are hopeful that mother Nature will not interfere with this one tonight. The Dodgers start tonight eighty seven and sixty, four and a half games up on San Diego, five games up on Arizona. The Braves meantime third place in the National League East eighty and sixty seven. They're a game back in the wild card race to the Mets. Good pitching matchup tonight. Jack Flairty goes for the Dodgers. He's twelve and six with a two eighty six ERA, five and one since joining the Dodgers. This will be his eighth start for Los Angeles, his twenty sixth start overall this year. In the meantime, Chris Sayle, who is vying for the Cy Young Award and the Triple Crown, is sixteen and three to thirty eight his ERA. He leads the National League in both wins in ERA and his second in strikeouts with two hundred and thirteen chasing only Dylan Siso the Padres who has two hundred fifty drikeouts. Speaking of pitching, that's the big news today where Dave Roberts a little while ago announced to the media that there is a chance, a good chance, that Tyler Glasnow's season is perhaps at an end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was scheduled to have a sim game yesterday here in Atlanta. He was warming up in the bullpens and he still felt discomfort in the elbow, So it looks as if he is going to be shut down and tim the situation continues with big question marks and the Dodgers starting pitching. If glass Now is there, kershump, that's the kind of day to day updates we're getting. What about Walker Buehller, What about Bobby Miller? Both ber Miller and Bueller are back and throwing, but they're not really up to snuff. Is they would like to have it to this particular point And in the meantime, this Dodger offense needs to get it going and get back on track. Two runs, only five hits in last night's ballgame, and you figure base hits are going to be at a premium for both teams tonight with a.
Speaker 4: Pitching absolutely Freddy Freeman has had great success in the ballpark in terms of home runs and on base percentage and and OPS as well. He owns a nine thirty seven OPS at Truest Park. Has been flipped in the order from the third spot into the fourth spot. So the Dodgers are going to have Freeman, a left handed batter, bat clean up against the left hander.
Speaker 5: Chris said, yeah, I saw that it came out a little bit earlier, and in my mind, what Dave Roberts is attempting to do sail a left handed pitcher and a very good win trying to break up Otani, and then two batters later having Freeman. So you've got Bett's second, the Oscar Hernandez batting third, Den Freeman. The one guy that has moved back up was Will Smith, who was dropped down to the sebath spot last night, but he had a couple of base hits, two hits and three at bats. Hopefully that's a sign some very good things to go, because the Dodgers really need Will Smith's batt to come alive.
Speaker 4: So Otani, Betts and Freeman oh four last night Otani's been oh for the last two games, same with bats and Freddie Freeman OH for twelve in his last three. So all three of them are due.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're due. And the Dodgers only had four bats last night a total of ford bets would runners in scoring positions, so the offense it has been challenged. They've lost three of the last four games in the last ten. Well, they've been a five hundred team. They're a better team than that. In knocking on the doors San Diego trying to close the gap. They start four and a half back Arizona, five games behind the Dodgers leading the Western Division.
Speaker 4: Magic number is eleven to clinch the division. In the scenario is if the Dodgers go seven and eight, one game under five hundred the rest of the way, they'll finish ninety four and sixty eight, But the Padres would have to go eleven and three to tie the Dodgers. They owned the tiebreaker, so they just need to tie. The Diamondbacks would have to go thirteen and two to pass the Dodgers. The Dodgers on the tiebreaker over Arizona, so the earliest mathematically the Dodgers could clinch the division would be the last day of this road trip Thursday in Miami, but it's probably more likely they'll clinch it at home against either Colorado or the San Diego Padres. But again, the dictations aren't that high, and they are for the Padres and Diamondbacks. But the Dodgers, they can still play a game under five hundred and clench the division without a problem.
Speaker 5: And why not wrap it up at home with their fans right there and they can enjoy the celebration themselves.
Speaker 4: Gotta win here tonight, try to even this series up with a game apiece. Dodgers Braves Jack Flaherty against Chris Sale.
Speaker 6: That's the pitching matchup, tim.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza Chicken emojos. Right now, it's Shaky's dot Com. All right, we're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, we're gonna hear for the manager, Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on what's happening?
Speaker 3: Is the latest on Tyler Glass.
Speaker 2: Now we'll check in with dividvest say, of course we'll have deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Kevin Kiermeyer, Dodger outfielder. Your chance to play the Zenchy Sweet Life Challenge is coming up. But up next show Tony Rewine and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 3: On the field in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Je up to first pitch on this Saturday, Dodgers and Braves, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm sim Kses Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves on this Saturday, Game two of this four game series. Great pitching matchup, Jack Flaherty Chris Sale, first pitch of Atlanta's set for four twenty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewind Show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani, not a great night at the plate last night? He goes oh four at the leadoff spot, but still chasing fifty to fifty on this season you o Tani Rewind, brought to you by Eto Win's Oyocha, Japan's number one green tea and the Tea that Showey O'tani Loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon and etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it t O e N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from Atlanta on the field and Kirsten whether we knew was going to be an issue all weekend there in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: How are we looking right now as we get closer to first pitch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the turf is still on the field, but seems like the weather was kind of passed.
Speaker 8: I mean it was raining and drizzling this morning, a little bit this afternoon, even a little.
Speaker 7: Bit while some of the guys are playing pitch.
Speaker 8: But it seems like looking at the forecast, we're in the clear.
Speaker 7: The turf is still on.
Speaker 9: But I think they're going to remove it pretty soon.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it's looking like on time first pitch.
Speaker 7: They often talk about the window. I don't even think it's the window.
Speaker 9: I think we're just in the clear for this evening.
Speaker 3: That's certainly great news.
Speaker 2: Forecast for Tyler Glass now though doesn't look good for the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 7: So yesterday he was schedule to take part in a Sam game. Everyone was looking forward to it. He threw a little in the bullpen and then kind of felt something so decided that it it just wasn't the right decision.
Speaker 9: Ended up going back into the club house.
Speaker 8: Dave Robert said that they had some scan done it. He is feeling now with an elbow sprain. So originally it seems like it was more elbow than the nighted. Maybe it hinted out of sprain, but now it's truly showing that sprain there in his elbow. So it's unfortunate news. They're of course, it's going to have to shut them down, considering what the season now looks like, considering that eighties date in September and October is going to be in about fifteen days. His return now is it's Dave Roberts said that it's highly unlikely, so you know that it's a big glow.
Speaker 9: The rotation is a big blow to his team.
Speaker 7: Obviously, they signed him in the off season with the intentions of, you know what he could bring to this team come October. Now, that's not going to be the key score this year. Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you what the mood is around this team with this injury. But you know what, they've been hit by injuries all season long, and this rotation is right now currently been hit by injuries. I imagine these guys, this is just another day, another arm going down.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I honestly I think that's fair. Really does feel like that, and it's another reminder of that next man out mentality and who is going to be the ones who set up We've seen and I can't even say step up for jact Clarity.
Speaker 7: We've seen him come to this organization and he's been everything they could.
Speaker 8: Have asked for and more being acquired at the trade deadline.
Speaker 9: Govin Stone obviously has been lighted out all year.
Speaker 7: Because he's down with injury.
Speaker 9: He's hopefully going to be playing catch this weekend.
Speaker 7: In Miami, so we'll see what that means for him. And there's someone like Clayton Kershaw, they got to kind of see what the next time they're going to look like for him. He's been kind of chingering and kind of doing a few things in the bullpen, not necessarily really getting off the mound just yet. His return for the regular season, I think there's still a question mark. Doesn't feel too likely, but they're hoping for October he could potentially be available. So it's now and I talk about those guys stepping up, it's Walker Bueller.
Speaker 8: It's what Bobby Miller.
Speaker 9: Kind of figure out. What can layman that potentially do. So if some of those other guys they're cool or who's going to be the ones who can really up to the troops right now?
Speaker 7: So we're gonna kind of all find out together. But Dave Roberts good say that he still feels he feels confident that with the talent that they have, they can make a really solid and a really.
Speaker 9: Good time come off to us. That's ultimately what they're hoping to.
Speaker 2: Do with Kirsten is brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car if you picked up tomorrow, donating now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a K. For a long time, you could have put the Dodgers front three hitters in sharpie every single day with Otani, Betts and Freeman. But I looked at the lineup. It's a little different tonight, Kirsten.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I'll tell you Dave Roberts about that. So he's split payofsk Hernandez and Freddie Freeman's a Payosk, a batting third, Freddie batting clean up. And what are you looking to do with that is they're facing a very talented letty with Chris Dale today on the mound, and then they're going to be facing another like talented ustee with Max Freed on Monday. So he's just saying, when you're going up again, just whether it's top pictures, let's be pictures putting essentially a leftie killer and chaofscer in there to break out Mookie and Freddy. It's forcing you to tack the picture. So realistically, you know Chris is going to go three times through the order, and so when he gets that third time to the order and say he's at about one hundred or so pitches by the time that he gets too chaos, well they're going to keep him in there to praise another leftie and Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 9: So that's going to get Freddy a really good chance to get to him. So it's just about adding a little excess pass to the starting the picture.
Speaker 7: And so Dave was saying that we're going to see that like I mentioned today and then again on Monday against the Free and then there is chances that.
Speaker 9: We could be seeing it again the Talented.
Speaker 7: Pictures on October, so we could be seeing more of what the call of the order looks like right now.
Speaker 2: Interesting. We'll see how it works tonight, Christen. We appreciate it. We'll talk to you after the game. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vesse goes one on one with Kevin kier Meyer. But I'm next. We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Braves on this Saturday, first pitch of four twenty. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Brnggo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday afternoon Maronggo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam for a good time. Still to companies, Inchy Sweet Live Challenge. We'll dive deeper this pitchy match up. We're gonna hear from Kevin kuer Myers. We lead you up to Dodgers and Braves first pitch of four twenty.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. As we've been talking about Tyler Glass now right elbow tendonitis. Looks like he's done for the least the rest of the regulars season and possibly beyond. Clayton Kershaw still has the left turf toe in his big left toe. Looks like he won't be ready until at least October. Joe Kelly on the eye eel at the right shoulder inflammation, Gavin Stone on the I L with the elbow inflammation. All right, let's hear from the skipper as you go back to Atlanta. Here from Dave robert anything else?
Speaker 10: The questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: I think all along that's sort of been what it is, I mean without getting too specific, and I don't know all the specifics, and I think that saying it's the spraying sort of encompasses a lot. And right now, he can't. He's not going to be phone in baseball for a while.
Speaker 10: I mean unlikely any.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't, I don't. I mean, you know, if something drastically changes. But from what I understand, you know, you're talking about a shutdown of any time of throwing right now cuts into you know, how much time we have left to play in the season. So, like I said, I think it's very unlikely.
Speaker 6: They give a blow. Is this tier rotation you signed him to be able to help you guys in October?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a big blow, you know, looking at you know, what he meant for our ball club, what he's done for us, what we expected him to do, certainly is going to be a cost. But we've got to move on and we will, and we have a lot of capable people. And I feel bad for Tyler because he did everything, you know, to stay healthy and to get back and it just wasn't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Is that mean a spring pretty confident that they won't need anything in the off seasons.
Speaker 11: I don't think that we're thinking that far ahead. I think that right now we're just gonna shut him down for a little bit and see where we go from there.
Speaker 7: How much does that then add to the importance of with Gadenstone playing catch next week and then even with Clayt Kirch, I believe he was in the bullton today.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Clayton has continued to do what he does and trying to get back and so I'm hopeful that, you know, we feel confident that he can take the mound for us this year. As far as Gavin, We're not going to know until he starts playing catch, and then we'll know more once he does that.
Speaker 7: With the bullpen today, was it a traditional bullpen for Clayton kersha are still kind of one that he's been kind of doing the last couple of days.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't think it was a normal convention. It was a little makeshift pen for.
Speaker 1: Any chance for him to kind of come back, Like when I was given where we are in the calendar, like when do you want him to get off the mountain and see how you can kind of progress from there?
Speaker 11: Well, I just for the for the regular season. I just don't see that as a possibility. So you know, when you start talking about down the road that I don't think anyone can answer right now, but I think you know it's safe to say that the regular season is not going to be on the table.
Speaker 6: Years power.
Speaker 11: It's difficult, it's manageable. We're doing it. I think the main thing is that we have to just continue to stay focused on the players that are available to us and winning a baseball game that night. And to the guys credit, that's what they've done. And we've put ourselves in a good spot, you know, given all that we've gone through this year, but still got a pretty good ball club.
Speaker 12: Confident argue, and how the staff might look, you know, to be able to make the kind of running out over you guys want to kind of as it's shaping up.
Speaker 11: Now, I'm still confident. I don't think that there's one way to win a championship. I think you can look back at the teams recently and how their staffs came together and who stepped up for each team's you know, staff, and so you know, we're gonna have the guys that we have, and I feel confident whoever we run out there, But certainly, you know, losing Tyler for any length of time, Clayton for any length of time, Gavin Stone, what he's done, it's certainly a hit, no.
Speaker 10: Doubt, Kevin still expected to start throwing the screen.
Speaker 11: Kim, I think that's the plan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts down in the dugout talking a lot about the pitching staff. Clayton Kershaw certainly Tyler glasnow being shut down with still the elbow issue. Dave Roberts down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team has to healed despite the injuries. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com.
Speaker 3: Coming up, we.
Speaker 2: Got your zinchyet Sweet Life Challenge. We also are gonna check in with David Vassa and your Dodgers Magical Moment. Dit deeper into this pitching matchup so much more to get to it leads up to first pitch on this Saturday, Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers in Atlanta for a four game weekends at Game two coming up against the Braves. Jack Felarity on the mound, first pitch coming up at four twenty. The umpiring crew for today's game brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for.
Speaker 3: You and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kaits On Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: DV the Tyler glass Now News.
Speaker 2: It kind of feels like Dave Roberts has been hinting that Glassnew may not be as healthy as we thought and may not come back, and today we find out he's not coming back.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, obviously it was a big red flag when he felt something in his right elbow warming up in the bullpen yesterday for a simulated game. And it's been mixed messages from glass Now himself ever since he went on the I Allen Saint Louis remember the day that he went on the IL. He was fighting up until a half hour before first pitch to try to make that start and avoid the IL. And here we are now where Dave Roberts said, the scans that he took yesterday show a sprained right elbow. I'm not sure what the details of that scan were, because when you say sprain, that's essentially a tear. How significant is the tear? We don't know all those answers yet, and certainly a lot of mystery surrounding glass Noow's injury and just exactly what has been the issue. But nonetheless, his season is likely over according to his manager, and that's a big blow to the Dodgers, who traded Ryan Pepio and Johnny de Luca for Tyler Glass now and gave him a five year, one hundred and thirty six and a half million dollar extension in the process as they made that trade, and they made that trade to solidify their October rotation, and they're not going to have one of their big horses to try to win the World Series.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: With that being said, David, what does this pitching staff, the rotation look like down the stretch of the last fifteen games getting into October.
Speaker 6: The only certainty right now is tonight's starter, Jack Flaherty, And you know you have to go off Yamamoto's last start. Right now, it's Flarity and Yamamoto and maybe Gavin Stone. He's gonna start throwing on Monday, and we'll see where that goes. But right now, those are the only two starting pitchers that you can count on when the NLDS starts or the Wildcard Series starts. Tim because the Dodgers are only two games ahead of the Brewers for that number two seed to earn them a bye in the first round.
Speaker 2: David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours. With the four half one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric tough this can only be called f one fifty all right, a name we keep talking about possibly pitching for the Dodgers in October. David is Shoey Otani and he threw again today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, another bullpen session today. The last one was twenty pitches. Today was twenty five pitches. I walked myself all the way to the Dodger bullpen in the left field corner to get a first glance at Otani. This was his sixth bullpen session. No word on when Otani is going to throw to hitters, but in the plan rehab from his second elbow surgery, the word was that he was going to face hitters in the month of September. What I can also tell you as far as the plan for Otani right now, the plan is for him to shut down his throwing program when the regular season ends so he could focus on the playoffs, his first ever opportunity to play in the postseason here in Major League Baseball. But my understanding is the Dodgers are going to have a meeting when they return home to determine whether or not that is still going to be the plan. Look, the chances of Otani pitching in the postseason, I was told, is at one percent. Nobody is saying absolutely not, but the chances are a long shot tim that O'tani would throw a pitch in the postseason. Talking to some Japanese reporters that have followed O'tani throughout his career, they feel like if the Dodgers did reach the World Series, Otani certainly would entertain that idea.
Speaker 3: We shall see a lot of decisions still to come.
Speaker 2: David appreciate it. We'll check back in with you, Dodger fans. At hands You're listening experience. Download the iHeartRadio app and listen to games in HD. It's all powered by La Care Health Plan, serving all Angelinos. Lakare dot Org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from Kevin kir Meyer. Will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But I'm next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers Braves First pitch MI Atlanta at twenty. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Braves from Atlanta. Great pitching matchup, Jack Flaherty Chris sail on the Mountain. First pitch coming up at four twenty.
Speaker 6: Who's hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Di's Magical Magic presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to Game five of the twenty twenty NLCS in Arlington.
Speaker 3: It was the Dodgers and Braves and it was Will Smith v.
Speaker 5: Will Smith three and two, first and second.
Speaker 4: Here's the pitch at a fly ball to left field, Will hit.
Speaker 6: Will Smith has hit it off. Will Smith a three run shot for the Dodger catcher and they take a four to two.
Speaker 2: Will Smith takes Will Smith deep in Game five of the NLCS and the sixth inning. Of course, the Dodgers go on and win that series and then the World Series. Is Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Talks. It's so cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you could purchase Crave Delicious Hoffey Hot Talks. All right, who wants to live the sweet life in a Dodger Game eight six six ninety eighty seven two five seventy ninety three contestants right now for the Zenschi Sweet Live Challenge. All you do is tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, you're gonna win two sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodger game eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy Dodgers Braves.
Speaker 3: We'll continue here on.
Speaker 2: Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck on Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Atlanta and to take on the Braves. Game two of this four game set Jack Flaherty on the mound, first pitch coming up at four twenty.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenchy Sweet All made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh, and easy.
Speaker 2: It's simple. We have three contestants. You tell me who the fresh player of the game will be. If you're correct, you're gonna get two Sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodgers game.
Speaker 3: Jennifer, she is first up. Jennifer, what's your guest? Which player?
Speaker 7: Oh Tawani?
Speaker 2: All right, Good luck to you, Jennifer. Darren is our next contestant, Darren, What is your guest? Which player is gonna be the player of the game.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with Mookie Betts.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts. We'll put you down for that, Darren. Good luck to you. Greg is our third and final contestant.
Speaker 3: Greg. Welcome to you. What is your guest? Which player?
Speaker 9: Let's go with Max Monsey.
Speaker 3: Max Munsey, All right, good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Greg, Darren and Jennifer are three contestants and the Zench Sweet Live Challenge presented by Zench Handcrafted Sushi, made fresh daily on site. Pickup delicious sushi before the game at rols or other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still they cow, we'll get you the keys of the game. We'll have from Kevin Kirmayer.
Speaker 1: But for now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick, the Dodgers and Braves got a marquee pitching matchup tonight, Chris Sale going up against Jack Flaherty. Run should be at a premium tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And do you go ahead and run your defense differently with you get the runners on base? Do you think about the offense a little differently? And these are one of the games that you look at and you say this is something special and you're looking at I mean for Sale, no question about it. I mean, he's he's basically the fore runner for the nationallygue Cy Young Award. And if you look at what Flaherty has done since he has joined this Dodger buclub, and especially now in light of all the injuries with the starting pitchers, Flarerty has really been a breath of fresh air for this bunklock.
Speaker 6: You talk about thinking through the game and when there are two really good pitchers on the mound and thinking runs are gonna be hard to come by. Dodger third base coach Dino E Bowl was taking me through a couple of things and looking at the braves dh that is playing right field, and that's rage sol Laire. He said he's going to be aggressive, especially with the wet grass, if Soilaire gets the ball.
Speaker 5: I was just going to bring up, you know, there's a possibility. Neither team took batting practice. The infield was covered up with the tarp. We've had light rain on and off. The rain is supposed to hold off for the most part until about nine or ten o'clock local time, but in between, yes, challenge the throws, especially right down. And as you brought up, it could if everything comes to fruition, it could be a low scoring game. So the premium of trying to stretch things out, which also includes another thing. I think you have to be aggressive on the bases if you're the runner to be able to hey, make sure you get that good secondary lead. This could be a ballgame. The difference in maybe one stride safer out into a base or home plate.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 6: We got the news from Dave Roberts earlier today that Tyler Glass now season is likely over with the sprained right elbow. How big of a blow is this for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: I think is very big. I don't know what the percentage was to him possibly being healthy, but the fact that he was on this trip, he started warming up in the bullpen yesterday afternoon early going and was going to throw the simulated game, but did not come out and throw that sim game. It's a big, big blow to this Dodger block club because you look at Okay, he's injured. We don't know what's happening with Clayton Kersham. Which Walker Buehller are we going to be able to see and which Bobby Miller are we going to be able to see? Because both Bueller and Miller have struggled in recent times. This is a situation. I think it's concerning as far as the Dodgers arting.
Speaker 6: Pitching, and in that Dodger clubhouse, those players are not blind to what's going on. The names that you mentioned, they're very aware of how much the Dodgers need you.
Speaker 5: Because these are not guys that just happened to full off the turner truck. And say, hey, you have them. I mean, these are guys that you understand what they've been able to do in their ability, and that is a huge void at the present time. But then you start to look at things. Landon Ak did not have a good game last night, and I thought Dave Roberts kind of put in perspective. He goes, look, that's really the first time that he's he's not had a presentable type of a game since he's come up in big, big situations. I look for him to rebound nicely as next outing.
Speaker 6: And the Dodgers only scored two runs last night. Rick and a lot of people were talking about some of the bad show. Hey o Tani was having. Do you feel like he's pressing the chase fifty home runs?
Speaker 5: It might be, but here's the other part. Other people are understanding what's happening and listening to the television reports, picking up the paper, going on social media. They know what a monster, as far as an offensive threat Otani has been. How many guys want their names associated with Hey, I'm the guy that through the forty ninth home run, I'm the guy that through the fiftieth home run or allowed even a stolen base clubs, especially Atlanta Braves. Braves don't have any wiggle room right now. They're trying desperately to get the postseason playoff berth somehow, some way, and they're not going to give an inch at all.
Speaker 6: No doubt. And the Dodgers certainly don't have things wrapped up in the NL West either, Rick, I feel like we can't take that for granted.
Speaker 5: And Dave Roberts said that a couple of days ago. So look, we had not nailed down a playoff berth exactly yet, not right now. That's still at some point in time. You can talk magic numbers all you want until you get there. It's something out of hit. Dodgers have to look at this ballgame right here tonight, and they look at two more before they go down to Miami, and don't take the Marlins for granted either when they're down there for the three game series in the back end to this road trip.
Speaker 6: That's what they call a trap series.
Speaker 5: Rick, No, this was a trap segment.
Speaker 6: Every day it is. I trap you into this, Rick.
Speaker 5: I told Dwayne McDonald locked the door to the boost and he didn't do it again.
Speaker 6: I know, I know you, hey, you are really popular. By the way in Atlanta, I have not seen these many people come into the booth to really kiss the ring of Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: No, they were into seed dlamee.
Speaker 6: Thanks Rick. We'll check back in with you a little bit da all right, thanks, and we'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim from right now a dry Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it that way there, guys.
Speaker 2: All right, Dodger fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aid's available to help you with tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes are gonna fill it quickly. So enrolled today that I can go to college and dot com still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick will be back with Tim never right before first pitch with the keys to the game. But I'm actually going high and tight with Kevin Kuermeyer, Dodger outfielder.
Speaker 3: Lead you up.
Speaker 2: It's a first pitch from Chewis Park in Atlanta. Dodgers and Braves of Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves from Chewis Park in Atlanta, Game two of this four games series. Dodgers dropped the opener last night, looking to get back on track tonight. Great pitching matchup Jack Flaherty Chris SALEI dive deeper into the numbers between the two coming up in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h LA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: It's a college football Saturday. But the Dodgers have a game to play tonight here in Atlanta. And I'm joined right now by a man that went to a college in Champagne, Illinois, and no, not the University of Illinois. That is the one and only Kevin Kiermeyer. Thanks a lot for the time appreciated.
Speaker 10: Thank you. David.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm trying to figure you out. On Saturdays, you get really into college football. Last week you were pumped for Central Illinois or some school that beat Notre Dame, and today you're watching Oklahoma Northern Illinois. So I'm trying to figure out where your loyalties lie.
Speaker 12: My loyalty lies with the Purdue Bulletmakers, who are getting trounced right now by Notre Dame.
Speaker 10: So a lot of ball left.
Speaker 12: But yeah, I'm a Purdue Bulletmaker fan. But they're backs against the wall right now. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 6: See in Tampa Bay, they know all about you, but in LA we don't know a lot about you. You're an Indiana kids, So why did college take you to Champagne, Illinois.
Speaker 12: Well, I didn't have any offers hardy for I wanted.
Speaker 10: I knew it. I was going to play baseball or football.
Speaker 12: Had a gross spurt my senior year, and none of those were looking really good. But I grew and had a really good senior year football and then baseball as well.
Speaker 10: We won state championships in both.
Speaker 12: And where I got scouted by my junior college, I was in Champan, Illinois park on junior college is what they're called, and I took a visit there and I said Okay, I'm going to do the baseball route and made a good choice. But yeah, I didn't really have many offers at all and made the best of junior college, and two years later I was drafted.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, you mentioned football and baseball but not basketball. How could that be for a kid from the Hoosier State.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was. I was small.
Speaker 12: I was really small, and our high school was very talented, really good players, and playing time wasn't going to be really a thing. And it got to the point my senior year. I played all the way up until my senior year, and then it got to the point where I'm okay, I'm gonna be on a college campus somewhere next year. I gotta start getting some things figured out. So I decided not to play basketball and devote all my time to baseball and to try to have the best senior year I could.
Speaker 10: And you know, everything worked out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did, no doubt a great career for Kevin Kiirmeier. But when you talk about not being scouted, going to a junior college, and then being drafted, do you feel like you've played with a chip on your shoulder, Maybe not in a bad way, but in a good way.
Speaker 10: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 12: I was selected in the thirty first round. I was a nine hundred and forty first pick overall in the twenty ten draft, and for me, I was a little upset with how late I went, but at the same time, like you just said, it motivated me and all I needed was an opportunity, and I said that from the get go, and I knew I had to play good quick and got off to a good start and rookie ball, and then I feel like I solidified myself and showed everyone the raised what I could do, and then they gave me more leave and then made a steady climb through the miners and and got to the big leagues in thirteen for my debut.
Speaker 10: So it's u and you know, here we are towards the end of it. Now.
Speaker 12: It's been a heck of a ride, but I will always go back and just knowing, you know how hard I worked and junior college, you get that opportunity and throughout my whole career. Now I'm proud of what I accomplish, and I look back and you know, being the nine hundred and forty first pick, I'm very appreciative because I feel like I had to do all the right things to get where I am today and then some And I've said here, I am proud, proud as can be of what I accomplished being a late round pick and defied the odds.
Speaker 6: I guess when you're in the grind, you can't really reflect on your accomplishments as a baseball player. But at this stage of the of your career, even though you're in a pennant race and you're going to the postseason with the Dodgers, have you had more time to reflect on the way your career has gone.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this whole year has.
Speaker 12: I feel like I've done a lot of reflecting and just know and that you know, every time I go to certain ballparks it's most likely going to be my last time going there. So I've taken so many things in and uh, just a lot of a lot of memories replaying throughout this whole year, but thankful, grateful for everything thrown my way, and I just I want to have fun going out the best way I could. And and I'm you know, with the perfect team, perfect organization to to finish out the season strong and try to, you know, make that that October postseason push and uh, That's what it's all about. So yeah, a lot of a lot of nostalgic fields throughout this whole year. But once again, more than anything, just the appreciation and gratefulness that I've had for everything that has come my way has been my favorite part about my career.
Speaker 6: Kevin Kiirmeier is our guest just in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Braves. Since you brought up all these different ballparks that you feel a little nostalgic about, are there some that you enjoyed playing center field in more than others? And we you know, we always hear about in field dirt, how about the warning tracks and just the dimensions of some of these stadiums.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there is different and unique in its own different way. But for me, you know, I uh, you know, the Rays obviously, I love playing at Tropicana Field, Uh, played there more in anywhere. Roger Center awesome in Toronto as well. I mean, I just I appreciate when when fans appreciate me, especially at your home place, and even going out to Dodger Stadium is amazing. That grass and that surface out there, it's incredible and just how good it feels to play out there is amazing, But I I like, I like places where I can go make a play at the wall, So any any place with like an eight football in center field Baltimore, I love playing there.
Speaker 10: I made some really good catches there over the years. But uh, I liked. I like thinking I could run them down anywhere.
Speaker 12: So for me, that's kind of a tough question because I enjoy playing everywhere. But for me just Detroit, Kansas City. I like the big, the big outfields where I can run around and show everybody what I can do. As I've gotten older, I appreciate the smaller ones a little bit more.
Speaker 10: But you know, I love going out there.
Speaker 12: Making plays in defense has been what I've been best at throughout my whole career, not even close.
Speaker 10: And I like making plays no matter where I'm playing.
Speaker 6: Kevin, I feel like your validation for another center fielder means a lot. Are there other center fielders in the game right now that you are impressed by the way they handle center field?
Speaker 10: Yeah? The first thing that comes to mind is Pete crow Armstrong.
Speaker 12: We just we just saw him with the Cubs and I knew he was good, but watching him in person, he's elite and he's he's gonna be elite for years to come. He he's impressed me. A ton Byron Buxton when he's healthy, is very special out there. But Pete Kroh Armstrong, I mean, he put on a show against us this past week, and me and all the other guys had tip our hats to him because he was he was special out there. And I I always appreciate good defense, whether you're on my team or not.
Speaker 6: When you're special as an elite defender like yourself, it's got to be a compliment. When a guy like pie Crow Armstrong, he's compared to Kevin Kiermeyer. People are saying that was a Cure Myer type of play or plays that he made in that series.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, just thankful that my name is even you know, thrown to to be in the uppression lot of centerfielder type of guys out there. But uh, you know, if I were to tell him something, I would have said, hey, I had the last ten years, you can you can have the next ten because he's he's unreal. And I just said when I when I talk about that solely centerfield defense, and I love defense more than anything, So I appreciate and I uh, you know, game recognized his game and he is. He's unreal out there. So he's got a long career ahead of him, but he he's the guy who who's stood out for me so far, and he's one of the best center fields I've seen in person in a long time.
Speaker 6: Well for this generation, Kevin, you're the bar. You set the bar for the way center field can be played, how elite it can be played. And certainly you're in that conversation when somebody makes a play, they say that was a keer Meyer type play. So thanks a lot for the time, and this will not be our last conversation. I look forward to talking to you when you got champagne all over your face.
Speaker 10: There we go. I can't wait. Thanks David.
Speaker 6: There he is the man. Kevin Kiermeyer will send it back to you in the studio, all right.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, DV one of the great guys, Kevin Kiermeyer. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, the a's a group night at Shaky's dot Com. We're leading you up to first pitch on this Saturday. Dodgers and Braves up next, we'll break down this great pitchy matchup from the truest park of Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Leading you up to Dodgers and Braves from Atlanta. Dodgers first place atop the NLS, the Braves fighting for a wild card in the National League, one game back of the Mets for the third wild card spot.
Speaker 3: First pitcherm Atlantis coming up at four twenty years and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma se year Toyota Dealer. Today, we make it easy. Chris Sale has made it look easy over the years. The thirty five year old left hander who came up with the White Sox in twenty ten, then went to the Red Sox been with the Braves in his first year. He's an eight time All Star, two time all strikeout leader in twenty fifteen and twenty seventeen, a World Series champ back in twenty eighteen with the Boston Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Making his twenty eight start this season.
Speaker 2: He hasn't lost the start this June twenty seventh against the White Sox of ball Teams. Since then, he's six and oh in twelve starts. Last timeout, six shutout innings, two hit, seven strikeouts, and a no decision against the Toronto Blue Jays. It's his third career start, fourth appearance against the Dodgers. He has zero to one with a ten to thirteen R. Jack Flaherty on the mound for the Dodgers twelve and six with the two eighty six Erora, twenty eight year old right hander out of Burbank, former first round pick in twenty fourteen out of Harvard Westlake High School, making his twenty fifth start of the season, his eighth since joining the Dodgers. He's five and one with a two to sixty one ERA, forty seven strikeouts since putting on a Dodger uniform. Last time out, seven and a third shutout innings, four hits, six strikeouts. That wasn't a win over the Guardians. He's facing the Atlanta Braves with a fourth time in his career. He has one in one with a four to thirty two ERA and nineteen strikeouts. He last faced him about five years ago. A little bit more than that May twenty six, twenty nineteen, when he was with the salo As Cardinals. He went six score list innings. He gave up three hits, struck out seven in a no decision. So it's Jack Flaherty and Chris Sail the pitching matchup Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 3: Dodgers fans and hands.
Speaker 2: You're listening experience to games by listening on the iHeartRadio app downloaded for free. Listen to HD It's all power by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Dodgers Braves, We're fifteen minutes a wait for first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audi.
Speaker 3: You know work.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves from Atlanta for a game wrap around. Series started last night with the Braves win the series opener. We'll finish up on Monday afternoon before the Dodgers head to Miami for a three game series to finish the road trip, Flarity and Chris Saale. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball brought you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot commerce stop in an LA area Speedy Cash Store.
Speaker 3: All right, before first.
Speaker 2: Pitch, we head back out to the booth one final time, Rick Monday, Tim, Never guess.
Speaker 4: Tim, Thanks again. We're counting it down to the first pitch here at Truest Park in Atlanta. Overcast skies, some weather in the area. Hopefully it will hold off and this game will be played without delay. We'll see Jack Flaherty on the hill for the Dodgers twelve and six overall five and one since joining the Dodgers with an ERA of two to sixty one. He will oppose left handed Chris Sale. Saale making a bid for the Cy Young Award in the National League, also the Triple Crown. He leads in two of the three categories in terms of wins, in terms of ERA, and he's second in strikeouts right now, so Chris Sale has really had an incredible bounce back year now that he's.
Speaker 5: A brave Yeah, he's had just a remarkable season. One of the things that de look four for Sale they had a no decision his last outing. That was on Sunday against Toronto, where threw one hundred and thirteen pitches. The reason I bring that up he's had a slight drop in velocity if you look at a couple of starts in he's hands so far in the month of August. Is that a sign to look at Don't really know, but it caught the attention to someone to basically put it in pen and paper and put it out there for people to understand something we'll be watching as this game goes along. The other part, too, is you're a hitter against Chris Sale, get ready for a lot of sliders. And it's not your ordinary dime store slider either.
Speaker 4: It's a good one and the delivery is a little bit different. I asked a few hitters in the past what it's like to face Sale. They said, it's like the first basement's throwing the pitch. I mean, he comes from Laredo and the slider and the fastball are almost indiscernible when they come out of the hand.
Speaker 5: Initial yeah, I asked a hitter. I said, what's more uncomfortable facing Sale or hitting your finger with a hammer on purpose? He goes, well, maybe hitting your finger well.
Speaker 4: Sale sixteen and three against Jack Flaherty twelve and six. Rific pitching matchup here in Atlanta. First pitch just around the corner. Dodgers Braves Game two Jim.
Speaker 3: Should be a good one. Great pitching matchup coming up.
Speaker 2: Dodgers started the night eighty seven and sixty the San Diego Padres four and a half games back in the division. The Arizona Diabacks five games back of the Dodgers Diamondbacks. They'll be hosting the Brewers coming up in about an hour two hours from now. Up north in San Francisco, it'll be the Giants taking on the Padres Dodgers with fifteen games to go. Up next Dodgers and Braves from Truest Park in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: David Vada Say will be back after the game with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well. First pitch when we return. I'm Tim Katson's been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm the Los Angeles Dodgers. Audio networking joined the game.
Speaker 3: Everybody