Speaker 1: Time for an oddman rush here on the SDH network and we catch up with one of the new franchises in the NPSL for twenty twenty five. Time to catch up with our friends at Ozner's FC and hanging out with us. It is Grand Exalted Poohbah. We's got like nineteen different names on the business card. Jay Ronald is there and then the director of operations, Jony Somviille. Guys, thanks for dropping by for a two v one.
Speaker 2: Thanks for everything else, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: All right, so let me start with you Ronald and get into the why of the NPSL for Osners FC, Why why do this?
Speaker 3: And go into the NPSL.
Speaker 4: Well, n PSL was the dreams. It's a it's a summer. It's a league that's able to elevate our games. Because obviously, when I do the research, I've seen a lot of leagues out there. Yes, I could have joined UPSL, I could have joined uh USL too. I've also going to join eed P, which is at local leagues here in New York. But the platform n PSL bring, the reputation in PSL has those other leagues do not have it. So this is why we made the decision to go to NPSL as a pro am team. So basically, we want to affiliate ourselves with a platform that's also going to give us a national coverage.
Speaker 1: And Johnny, this is something that was created a decade ago and it's met as a pathway for less fortunate youth in the community and particularly those of Haitian descent. What's it been like to see things continue to grow over the last decade to where Osner's is making the impacts that it's making to this day.
Speaker 5: No, it's been it's been a great Like we're really happy that this project is you know, working now because the youth the community, they really rely on us because we have a lot of talented kids that's around and you know, they just waiting for the team to stop playing so other people could see them and they could have better opportunity. And also they you know, they could tell all their kids that lives in the country about it, and this way we could find a way to bring them so they could play with us too. So it's been the community is really happy that the project is, you know, moving.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn for those I mean, and we've talked about Ronald, We've talked to a lot of different franchises that are there in the tri State and they have their own little sections and all this kind of stuff. So those that don't know about Osner's and Brooklyn and the footprint and what it means, what does what does the sport mean to the Haitian community and to Brooklyn and to both.
Speaker 4: Well, when you look at soccer, soccer is in the heart of our nation. Obviously, back home from Haiti, you could be two neighbors fighting, You could be two neighbors fighting having disagreement. If a game is playing on the television, the two of us were sitting together watching the game. So soccer brings people together. And soccer is really the very first sport in Haiti. While it's the first sport in Haiti, that's the very first part I learned how to play in Haiti, and this is my favorite pastime. Although sometimes my older brother used to chase me to play soccer to go do my homework, but it was always fun. Now coming here to Brooklyn, as diverse as Brooklyn is, where we find a lot of other culture each and we find a lot of them that express love for the game. So when we are playing together, it doesn't matter if he's from Ecuador, if it's from Columbia, if it's from Jamaica.
Speaker 2: We just focus on one thing.
Speaker 4: We're just focusing on winning the game, winning and playing with each other, so we put make demonstrate the talent that they have.
Speaker 2: So that's why is all about with me and Johnny.
Speaker 1: When you look at how things are with the with the NPSL, this is a club that, while you do have the history that you have, you're starting in the NPSL this year and a lot of folks are gonna sit there and go, well, yeah, yeah, twenty yeah, the spring, the summer, it's over there, and you know, it's halfway through the calendar, but it's really not I mean literally is coming up just around the corner. What are some of the early challenges that you're sitting are going, Man, we got a boogie on this kind of stuff. If we're gonna get ready for twenty five.
Speaker 5: Right, oh, well, we we really really waiting for the challenge. We really we're trying to surprise everybody.
Speaker 2: We know. This is a league that's been going on and there's.
Speaker 5: A lot of talented players that's taking part of the league.
Speaker 2: But we really, really, really waiting to make a big impact.
Speaker 5: And the early challenge are, you know, doing the tryouts, finding the best players possible and everything.
Speaker 2: But we I think we we up to the challenge.
Speaker 5: I think we're gonna surprise people, and you're gonna keep hearing the name, and I hope we're gonna come back here and tell you we told you so.
Speaker 3: So Ronald, where is the to do list?
Speaker 1: I mean you and you know the audio is the only part that folks are getting to listen to here. But I'm looking at you as we're recording this.
Speaker 2: Muh.
Speaker 1: There are folks that have to do lists, and they could be in a bunch of different forms. I mean it could be in your phone. You sit there in the old days and your palm pilot, you write something down, you pull out the stylist, you write something down, you jamm the stylist back in, you file it away, and you go, uh. It could be on a you know, it could be on legal pay, could be on a notebook, could be on the refrigerator with a magnet. And you sit there and you got an idea at two o'clock in the morning and it's like, oh, yeah, I've got to write this down. You go down, you get the glass of water, you write the idea down, you go back to bed. You look at the idea in the morning on the refrigerator and you say, what did I just write down? Where is that work? Could be, you know, as you and I are talking, it could be on these one of these big white dry erase boards. It's like six feet by eight feet long, and it's just out of camera range and it's got a lot of arrows and you know, things going in different directions. Where is the to do list for osners to get ready for the NPSL And what do you think the next thing you can cross off of that list is as you get ready for this season?
Speaker 4: Well, though I'll an't say the last part, the next thing I'm going to cross off that list is promotion communicating with you because that was a might to do list and I am somewhat organized. My to do list is an iPad, so which I always walk around with me. I have it in my reminders. So the fact that he's constantly with me.
Speaker 5: My uh my wife is say, hey, Ronald, if you lose that iPad, you you lose your entire life because everything is in my iPad. The reminder, I put reminders, I put noes, weights constantly beeping.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't like noise.
Speaker 5: My phone or iPad is vibration, so it's constantly vibrating of my reminders.
Speaker 2: So yes, it's it's in my iPad.
Speaker 1: So, Johnny, where is your to do list? Or is it coordinated with Ronald's to do list on his iPad on vibrate That I imagine is what I don't see is probably like a set of handcuffs that one handcuff is around his wrist and the other handcuff is around the loop and the fastener for the iPad.
Speaker 3: Where's your to do list?
Speaker 5: I have half of my to do list and president on iPad and I have the other half in my And you know, because it's a big project and he's the main character in the project, so most of those to do lists come from him, even though I challenge him a lot to change.
Speaker 2: Some of them.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, he's really reluctant to do those things sometimes. But you know, since send some director of operation, a lot of things gotta go my way.
Speaker 2: So my twoto list is on.
Speaker 5: My iPad and the other half is on his, and we're working together to make things happen.
Speaker 2: What he's trying to say something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what? What? What's what's going on? Ronald?
Speaker 4: One of the things that I do also right and my on my reminder because most of the team members they have an iPad to walk around, I will do the to do list and my iPad and I would share with them. So by sharing with them, whenever I do something I completed across it out, it's putomatic cross out from their iPad as well, and vice versa. So this is why he's saying he's to do list partially my iPad because I tend to add a lot of those things from my appad to his listen.
Speaker 1: So what kind of Ronald, what kind of individual are you looking for to be a part of Osner's going forward, whether you're talking about on the field or off the field, to make sure that your message is getting out the right way, that you're being represented the way that you want there in Brooklyn, in the community and in the in the NPSL. What kind of individuals are you looking for to join forces with the.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're looking for everyone.
Speaker 4: But while I'm looking for everyone to join forces with me, but one thing that they must have we must have in common is the love for the game. As long as the person love sports, love soccer particularly, I want I want them to join me, whether administrative work that they have not done it previously or before, I'll be more than happy to teach them.
Speaker 2: Fortunately, I do have.
Speaker 5: A crew guy like Johnny Woie or Sammy, all of these guys, they're willing to teach people as long as the person want to join this journey that we're doing with ashnar FC through NPSL.
Speaker 1: When you know, Johnny, when you're looking at folks on the field, I know that you're probably looking to have a specific kind of play and a specific kind of presentation of what kind of soccer are you looking to have out there on the field in Brooklyn come twenty twenty five. To bring folks in the door. And when they come in the door the first time, they keep coming in the door.
Speaker 5: After that, Oh, you know, we're we're living in the messy era, in the Pep Guardiola era, So we were trying to imitate the tikitaka, and that's what we're trying to to bring and most likely all coaching staff it's gonna be Colombian. So we try to bring South American football to the field. As soon as they come, they gonna you know, people are gonna they're gonna keep coming because what we're bringing, what we're bringing in the field, they're gonna love and they're gonna keep coming, most likely tik taka. And you know, I don't want to I don't want to put the coaches plan out there, but but we we coming.
Speaker 2: We coming with something nice that people are gonna love well.
Speaker 1: And in the North Atlantic, Ronald, you're looking at Balleo, Syracuse, New York, Shockers, New Jersey United, Kingston Stockade, Hartford City ASC, New York, who we've had the chance to catch up with as well. I mean, this is some heavyweights that you're getting into. And I don't know if they've told you that you're going to be in the North Atlantic, but at least in the North Atlantic as it stands, those are the folks that are in your footprint.
Speaker 3: This is some heavy competition that you're diving into out of the block.
Speaker 2: I am ready.
Speaker 4: I am ready for all of them, and I'm particularly ready for American Soccer Club, which is obviously right now here in Long Island. I live in Long Island, I work not too far from them, and I'm particularly ready for them because I want to make sure that there is a competition, whether it fits in Long Island or people in Brooklyn. When we are playing. They enjoyed himself. They enjoyed himself because one of the things that I have done.
Speaker 2: I guess I've read about the team.
Speaker 4: I see exactly his history and also the coach's history, and.
Speaker 5: To some extent, the coaches of the two teams happened to work together in the past.
Speaker 2: They happen to work together in the past through New York Cosmos.
Speaker 4: So I welcome the challenge, and I think it's gonna be a very good one because you know, they have a lot of history in football, and so do we.
Speaker 6: So I welcome that so so so, Johnny, what I'm hearing from the Grand Exalted to box in it is that there's going to be some good natured rivalry with your friends over at asc New York.
Speaker 1: I'm anticipated that there's gonna be some some darby action going on, might be some might be some trophy stuff going on, might be some competition looking for players and trying to figure out, okay, you know you want to come over here and play you don't.
Speaker 3: You don't want to go hang out with our friends over at a s C.
Speaker 1: You want to hang out in Brooklyn instead of Long Island?
Speaker 3: What what? What are you am? I am on the right page here when it comes to wrong.
Speaker 5: Before before I answer the question, before I go to the to the question, my wife wanted me to do some show off and she said, I gotta turn on the camera and show you my OSNA gear.
Speaker 3: Oh there, you know there it is?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so for those who are who are just getting a chance to listen, Johnny is sporting. As much as I'm a Florida State University alum, I cannot recognize.
Speaker 3: I cannot mention those colors typically.
Speaker 1: Are on the jersey that have to do with the folks that are involved in in Gainesville.
Speaker 3: I can't quite mention the gaithers.
Speaker 2: The gaithers, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you'll say it for you.
Speaker 1: I can't fighting words, but those are the colors that are breaking out here in twenty twenty five. And uh, I you know, I'm I'm looking forward to the rivalry, the good natured nos So Johnny first season, what are your expectations.
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 5: As you asked the president the question earlier. As far as he comes to the challenge, let me give you a little gossip. F Motown they won the league two years ago and they mostly Haitian that plays there. So the guys we used to and we might have a few of them with us too. So we're going for all of it. We're going for it all.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: As far as the derby, I think ASC gotta earn that first, Okay, because the trip it's gonna work, the trip to Brooklyn. You know, everybody's gonna want to come here to play. They're all gonna want to come here to play. So as far as what they should expect from us, it's gonna be playoff and more.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean that that.
Speaker 1: That is already some good natured smack going on here from from our friends at Ozer's f C as they get ready for season number one, along with our friends of American Soccer Club Johnny Sounvel, director of ops, and Jay Ronald is their grand exalted Poohbah of everything going on there at Ozler's FC, dropping by for a two v one here on the Stage Network. So Ronald, let me let me let me ask you this, what is have? How how much has your phone blown up since the the announcement happened about Johnny shaking his head, He's like.
Speaker 3: Everything has happened, how so then it's so fine. I'll ask both of you.
Speaker 5: Phony is in understate on the under like then it's not enough. It's phone email and everything.
Speaker 3: Phone email, what's app the whole Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, M everything, DM everything. We get a lot.
Speaker 5: We're getting players from you know, the West side, east side, everywhere, calling.
Speaker 2: From from Nigeria. And you said you want to be with us Massachusetts.
Speaker 5: Everybody's saying they want to play with the team, they want to to try out.
Speaker 2: So that's that's very good.
Speaker 3: What's it like having your phone blow up like that?
Speaker 2: It's a great feeling. It's a great feeling.
Speaker 5: See, I'm an account then during tax season, my phone is constantly buzzing. Clients tend to prefer to call me and my cell phone instead of calling the office. And it's a great feeling where my phone now is buzzing, it's buzzing for something different and it's something that a love for, something that I love from from early age. So I'm looking forward to it. And every time my phone rings I pick it up. It's as if like you know it's somebody that I was speaking with that years before, so I look forward to it. On my side, it's not as great as a feeling as for the press, because usually I'm a player.
Speaker 2: I still play.
Speaker 5: I'm in an L I sf L, I still play, and usually I'm a player, and I'm not usually on the other side, like fixing things and you know, putting things together.
Speaker 2: And it seems like this this is a hard job. I get the president.
Speaker 5: It's like a twenty four hour job, and you know it's I love the challenge and I'm happy the way we're going because we never had a team like that in a community. Everybody's happy, but that job is really hard. But it's it's really satisfying having people call saying that they want to be part of something that we're putting together. That that's a great feeling.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is Facebook, Instagram, the two hundred and eighty character app.
Speaker 3: It's really easy.
Speaker 1: It's at Osner's O, s N E R, SFC on all of the social media's, it's really easy to track down what's going on.
Speaker 3: Correct. So, and Ronald, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: What was the biggest wake up call that you've had so far about this whole thing is you know, it's like, oh, you know, oh, you know what, this is real?
Speaker 3: Now, what's the biggest wake up call you've had?
Speaker 4: The biggest call, really, I would say, like, you know, it's the number of people in the community that can come to us for the past after the press release to say, hey, listen, I am thrilled. How thrilled they are that we are able to go into this league because they know there were people prior to years prior to us coming in that tried to join it, that tried to do what we're doing, and they have not been able to achieve it. And twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, we will be achieving it. So that's a great achievement for us. And the number of goals that we're getting, the number of guals.
Speaker 1: Johnny, I imagine that you have unlimited international minutes and WhatsApp and all these kinds of things that you know that you are able to accept all of this information without being charged like nine thousand dollars at the end of the month.
Speaker 5: That's that's a good thing. That's what's up round and that's really, really, really a good thing. Really, and I know you didn't ask me, but the big wakeup call for me. I know we weren't. We weren't allowed to mention NPSL for the past month and every every time we weren't allowed because before they accept you, you cannot mention NPSL in anything. And I remember Pres told me we got to work hard we go into the NPSL. I'm like, no, we not because they didn't announced us yet. And that was that Friday at three pm when they announced us and I was waiting in front of the computer when I be fresh and I see welcome Osner to the NPSL, and that was scary.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you've now got to get ready for the twenty twenty five season, and it's out there on social media and on the world Wide Web with websites and everything. Gentlemen, two weeks in and the holidays are done, the presents have been unwrapped, and now now you've got to make sure that you know how to assemble the fire truck and make sure that you can put the like together and make sure that it doesn't fall apart. By the time you get to the twenty twenty five season, it is jay ron On is there great exalted Poobah Johnny Soanville, director of operations for Oscar's FC, And you know, I'm and like I said, and Johnny, I'm I'm putting my hand up above the colors of the jersey there.
Speaker 2: We gotta make a red one just for you. Reserve one well.
Speaker 3: But then the boss is gonna get mad.
Speaker 1: Because she she likes those colors from the state that she's in and you mentioned red in the state that she went to school. She likes those colors. She doesn't handle the red very well, the whole the whole Crimson thing. She's not a fan. But uh, gentlemen, it was great to catch up with you. Glad that the first step is on board and that you don't have to hit for fresh waiting for announcements anymore. A very very tough activity up there in the Northeast. When it comes to the twenty five season in the the NPS, selling a very part of the footprint. Gentlemen, you know we'll be keeping an eye on you, and as things continue to grow and evolve, you know that we'll be knocking on your door to get the latest and greatest before the launch happens in Brooklyn. Here in twenty twenty five. Gentlemen, thanks for dropping by for two V one. We will catch up with you soon, and we know we're gonna be catching up with you a lot.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: We have something big in the kitchen coming the next month, so if it happened, we'd like to have you with us,