Speaker 1: So a few times a year. Cam. I know that this is your first season of Inside the Paint. You've had several first You had your first curb your enthusiasm intro a couple of shows ago. But here's another first for you. The Jayhawks are good for a handful of they won, but it honestly kind of felt like a lost type shows every season, and this is your first one of those. Welcome to that club where Kansas beat a horrendous basketball team by just a few possessions, and we're gonna come in here and be like, so what do you think? And we're gonna have forty minutes of eh. I mean, I guess yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be foaming to the mouth thinking of words. By the way, I just saw John Caliperry come across the TV screen. Dude look so good in a suit. I kind of think Billsof needs to bring back the suits. I feel like that's what's missing on this team.
Speaker 1: I've seen that take a few times. And of course whenever they wore suits, people said they shouldn't. Landon was always a sucker for that. Landon you always said that you liked how the look of the suit.
Speaker 3: I'm very pro suit. I think it looks good like ninety nine percent of the time, and I'm willing to sacrifice that one percent for the rest.
Speaker 1: How many times and you guys's lives have you worn a suit? I think I'm at about four like.
Speaker 2: A legitim more than that for sure, but I don't. I'm not a suit guy. I mean I've been thinking like jacket. I mean, i'd wear a sport coat like presentations in college, but like actual suit. I was. I was best man in my buddy's wedding. Here you know what, screw it, here's storytime for you guys. I was best man in my buddy's wedding and I tried to get myself lubricated with anti anxiety medicine also known as whiskey, and I had to get up there and give a speech, and I miscalculated the amount that I had consumed, and by the time I got up there, I was speaking in Latin. And man, did I give a speech?
Speaker 1: We need to hear that speech?
Speaker 2: It's online.
Speaker 1: I'm not even a speech that we maybe need to hear that speech. In the locker room. After Kansas beat A, I tried to test with one since Christmas Colorado team. How many times have you worn I am I'm gonna say a suit classifies as a you have to wear a tie and a sports jacket at minimum. That's that constitutes suit.
Speaker 3: Does a does like a vest? Count?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know, CA, Okay, you're gonna count that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Probably ten times.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well that's so pretty good.
Speaker 3: A couple couple dances back in the day, several weddings.
Speaker 1: I'm not a suit guy. I am a I I I. Whenever it's time to hand pick my next profession, I look for the jobs where I do not have to wear anything more than business casual clothes because that's not happening, which is probably the way college basketball is gone too. They just wear business casual clothes now on the sideline if they probably were less than that. It's a quarter zip right with the Jayhawk logo on it, with an Adidas logo on it.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I want to just conservative dads.
Speaker 1: Everywhere before where we get into the basketball. I just want to open up this podcast by saying, if you live in the Midwest, you've probably experienced some snow here in the last couple of days, so we may as well just go ahead and give one big you to all meteorologists. If you are a meteorology, okay, holding I hold your horses land And if you are a meteorologist, then you listen to this podcast. Then first of all, go yourself because I hate all meteorologists. They are the worst. Second worst job in the world.
Speaker 2: Kickersists.
Speaker 3: Third, take the takes of Ryan Landrath do not represent all those inside the paint.
Speaker 2: I'm fine personally.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you what a meteorologist does. So a meteorologist, speaking of suits, they wear their suits usually their big exuberant colors or their you know, they try to have their sense of pizazz. So they get on the TV about thirty days before it's there's a chance of snow, and they say, and then make sure you put a coat on those cause it's gonna be cold at the bus stop. Gee thinks, never would have thoughts put a coat of my kid in the middle of December. Then when the snowstorm approaches, they hype it up like it's a Super Bowl. You gotta stay tuned now this local affiliate and we'll make sure we get you through the storm. Then they call for a huge amount of snow, and then forty eight hours before it's supposed to snow, they lessen it, and then the night before they lessen it some more, and then the day of it doesn't snow very much, and they get on TV and use a bunch of big words. They're like, well, this is a very rare phenomena where the pressure combined with the front and that actually made it so it snowed less than what the models were shown. When all I want to see just once is one of those absolute now the broken sound boards really killing my vibe. Clowns get on TV and say, you know what, I it up. I said it was gonna snow a lot and it didn't, and you all believed me. I suck balls. But no, they never do. They never do. I hate meteorologists every bit as much as I hate kickers. True story.
Speaker 2: One side.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let me ask you what what's the profession that you think is good and cool?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Think about this that sounds that sounds stressful? Cam a job that I think is cool or.
Speaker 3: Good or like actually useful or the people who do it are worthwhile? Is there one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean police officers feel pretty important, right, like we can question plenty of execute depression, but like we acknowledge that that too, we acknowledge that police officers are both important and appreciated. I guess I'll say them because if they're wrong, they don't just get to get up there and said, well, it's very rare. I actually I don't want anyone to comment on this because we could go one hundred different directions with this. This is the Inside the Paint podcast. And you want to know a profession I respect head coach for the University of Alabama. That's who I respect, and that's who I want to coach in Lawrence very soon. This is IICPM Ryan.
Speaker 3: Landred uh kJ Adams is to Bill self as Ryan Landreth is to NATO's Yes, I'm Landing Fields.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I'm cam. I have nothing to add to this conversation.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna talk about Kansas beating Colorado by a dozen points and no, they were definitely not favored by that few of points. And we're gonna probably put lipstick on that turn, and then we're gonna tell you why it's all gonna be okay. Then we're gonna talk about a bunch of big twelve games that were way more fun than that one, and a bunch of other games that were way more fun than that one. And then we're gonna talk about Utah, which is not going to be fun. I don't know if they're gonna lose or I don't know if they're gonna win by a small amount, but it's not going to be fun regardless. And uh, yeah, found Tid's Days this week. Cam. We thought that we'd miss you the whole show. Yeah, you're actually not going to be You're not gonna miss as much time as we thought. So I'll ask you what we talked about on the last show. Are you a Valentine's Day guy?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of in between. I've had my fair share of Valentine's Day where I was single. I've had, you know, very few where I have been a committed man on like Tiger Woods. Right now, I'm kind of hanging out. Things are fine. I'm getting snowed in, I'm across from a dairy queen. I'm hoping no one drives through my living room tonight and tomorrow I make a journey up to Michigan to see the ladies. So things are fine. I think it's all right, all right, Well, that's.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good n Where do you stand on the you have to send flowers to your mom or you're going to go straight to hell stance that Ryan hold?
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, I'm in like Dante's Seventh Ring of Inferno if that's the case. I don't think I've ever sent a I sent my mom a Hallmark card this year. You know what's funny about this, and this is a true story. I after like two beers, I went on the Internet, which just terrible start to a story for anyone, and then I went to Hallmark and I was like, I probably should send my mom a card. So I sent her a card, and then I thought the United States Postal Service didn't get it to her, and I was about to commit just domestic terrorism against a maleman today, But it actually got there and everything's fine, So it's okay.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be the first time somebody wanted to commit domestic terrorism against the USPS, because that's you want. You want to talk about meteorologists. The USPS is in that tier as well.
Speaker 2: Ryan legitimately goes on these things where he's like, guys, I don't know about you. I think all meteorologists, all certain commentators should be shot through the forehead. And then like a week later, he's like, guys, I I just don't understand what I did. Like I don't think I'm on an apology arc again, like I didn't deserve this.
Speaker 1: And then so instead of airhorns, maybe I'll just use gunshots because apparently that's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Hold my microphone out of my window. Number.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny between They're the dairy Queen and oh look.
Speaker 2: Someone on the dairy Queen. They must have give him the wrong blizzard. We're in a blizzard.
Speaker 3: That's bars Cam.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, welcome back to mental.
Speaker 1: You're an important part of this production, and I'm reminded of liability. Don't have of why? All right, let's pull it together and see if we can talk about this This one number seventeen Kansas seventy one, Colorado fifty nine. Cam, you missed the last show, so I feel like it's only fair you gotta read the game story from this game that we may have already forgotten happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, after I watched this game, I think I might be illiterate. Now, the Jayhawks were in control of the entire game, leading for the last thirty four minutes. It led by seven to ten points for most of that stretch, which would be fine to most circumstances, but considering their opponent was Colorado not coached by Dion Sanders that hasn't won a game since before Christmas, didn't leave the fans the most satisfied. Just like franfres Schill's wife. The end result was an uninspiring but defensively sound twelve point win.
Speaker 1: Oh he's great Land And whenever I write the little blurb that that recaps the game and the highlight is that was a defensively sound win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what. If you know anything about us as a show, that is what we are about. Hep is defensively sound wins in the in the low seventies to high fifties. What a what A? What a boring? Boring basketball game?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 3: I also am good for at least one game a year that I watch. Well, this is the first college basketball season I do not live at my parents' house. Full disclosure, I guess, but I'm good for at least one game a year where my sister and I end up having a way more interesting fun conversation than the basketball game. And that was also this where we were discussing Kendrick Lamar and doing stupid bits to our parents who are also there for most of the first half. Way better than Kansas seventy one Colorado fifty nine the last I likened this game too, and this is probably wrong, but this, this was my feeling watching this game. I likened it in the chat to the BYU game last year yea, where we just came to the full realization that the team was pretty juiceless. And that's kind of what this felt like, was I mean. And even on the last show, we said one of these games is probably gonna be close and the other one is probably gonna be a blowout. And I guess if this is the close game, then that's fine, and they'll go beating on by forty or whatever in Boulder. But this like deeply, deeply uninspiring game. Despite the win. They did enough, but the fact that that never looked great against Colorado in Allenfield House is not really what I was hoping for on my Tuesday night cam.
Speaker 1: I feel like that in the past, with teams that win seventy five eighty percent of their big twelve games, they win the title. They are a one or two seed. I feel like we would have looked at a game like this, it happened a couple times a year and like, oh they were an eighteen point favorite, they won by twelve. It happens. But I feel like that this team is just screaming for a performance that leaves the fans going, all right, now they're back on track. I don't think they've won back to back games since it's it's been close to a month since they won back to back.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Juiceless is a good word land and used. I guess that this isn't a lot of juice here, either from the fans or from the guys on the court. No.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's hard for the fans to get super excited about this team. And I actually was talking to my dad earlier today and he was like, yeah, you know, they have the talent where they could definitely make a run in March. And I asked him, I was like, when was the last time that you felt Kansas could win six straight coin flip games? Let's say five, because they have you know, the first round game they should win. And he was like, actually, Yeah, they're cooked. The game is just boring. I mean it's it's one of those things like you said in the years past. Yeah, it'd be like, ah, they fell asleep with the week they played Colorado. Colorado's terrible. It doesn't matter. Now. It's like we haven't felt like they had a really standout performance since probably UCF on the road.
Speaker 1: I'll give them that with Iowa State, but that I think maybe more so we all thought was Iowa State playing the worst game of their season more than Kansas just looking right? Yeah, I think that was UCF. I think classifies. I think Houston would have done it if they didn't gag it twice.
Speaker 2: I agree. By the way, you were totally right when you said the trajectory of this team is like the was it the twenty one team where it was they they won some games. You guys nailed it on that. I did listen, I did my homework.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna they're gonna win some games. I mean, you look at what this team has coming down the shoot at Utah, a team that's basically exactly TCU according to the Ken Palm numbers. That should be a game that you win. You're gonna be a six or seven point favorite in that game at BYU. That's tough, but they have they have a five hundred league record. Then you have home games against what it's Oklahoma State at Colorado like and then Texas Tech at home, who is good, but still it's.
Speaker 2: A home game.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be favored there. Like you know, there's plenty that would lead you to believe that this is going to be a stretch where Kansas wins, you know, five of six or something like that. I don't know if you're gonna see enough in those wins to feel like, all right, they've got it. I feel like this team is cruising and firing on all cylinders. And certainly there was a path in this stretch of games where we would be saying that, like what land And said in the last show, if they win these games by twenty thirty points, then sure. But opening up with a twelve point victory as a seventeen point favorite at home on a sleepy Tuesday night is not the start that you were looking for if you were entering this stretch begging for this team to show you something to make you think they could get back in it. Landon Hunter Dickinson. He was Kansas's leading scorer in this game, finished with nineteen points added nine rebounds. He had a very good shooting percentage eight for eleven, but there were some downsides. He missed three of his six free throws. He led the team with three turnovers. He didn't play very well in the defensive end. This is a Colorado team that doesn't have a lot of strengths, but they do have a lot of size, and they had a couple different types of bodies down there that would you know. They had an athletic big, they had a stockier big that gave Flory all sorts of trouble. It wasn't the easiest matchup for Hunter. He got you nineteen and nine, But I don't know, does it leave you a lot to be desired or is that just something? Is this Hunter Dickinson being a victim of his own success when we were like nineteen to nine.
Speaker 3: Eh, Yeah, I definitely think this is largely a victim of his own success kind of game. Yeah, in nineteen to ninety he was still largely quite good. I it's it's just a very Hunter Dickinson performance. It's a lot of numbers that I'm not quite sure what they mean. Yeah, I'm not quite sure how it fits still, and that is sort of the resounding thing with his team in general, which we will we will talk about more. We will talk about more with one particular player. Boy, does that guy have energy?
Speaker 2: Just wait?
Speaker 3: But yeah, Hunter's good. Hunter is clearly good. He is the most reliable player on this team. And that's been true for two years now. So yeah, this is this is what he This is what he is. I don't really have a lot more to add, Cam, do you have any spicy Hunter Dickinson takes here.
Speaker 2: He's a good player, but we always wonder if it's just stats.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about kJ then, because kJ adams box score has lots of stats. He had a very good statistical performance in this game. Ten points, five rebounds, five assists, three steals and a team leading thirty three minutes. I know that there's a lot of dialogue here. kJ was five for seven from the floor. I put Flori's numbers in there. I'll get to flories later. Let's have the kJ Adams discourse. Landon, you said that you think that this was in a group text between the three of us. You said that you finally reached a moment last night where despite a very good game from kJ, he was quite possible with the team's best player, especially on the defensive end. You said that you felt like that it's clear that kJ is holding the team back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do think that ten points, five rebounds, five assists in three steals on five to seven is really good. Like that is really good. Don't get me wrong, that's a very nice stat line. Most players in college basketball aren't gonna have that in a given season. It's really nice. But Cam is typing right now that that is your career peak against a horrible Colorado team. Now, K just had better games in a vacuum than this. But that's also sort of the thing. A little bit of the discourse here is like, but kJ Adams was really really good. Yeah, he was pretty good in this game. But it's against a terrible team. Since when did big numbers against terrible teams me and a guy was a great player. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. kJ Adams is a good basketball player. He's he's good at a couple of things. And I know, I know what Bill self said about energy and about needing this team to I don't even know, run wind sprints or something more.
Speaker 1: They have an energy points tracker. In practice, they dive on the floor, they get a point, and kJ leads the team and now that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Bill Sooff is one mini stroke away from putting up kJ Adams ran a wind sprint faster than everyone else Banner and Allen field House then adding names.
Speaker 1: To so Camp, what are those?
Speaker 3: What are the energy points to get them? Like free?
Speaker 2: Like you know it gets them a four seed in the Midwest where they get boat raced by a five seed Illinois. We know how this is.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it. I was gonna say it's a termine how long your leash is for getting pulled for missing shots? But that works too, Cam, they're more or less two in the same seams. Cam, what would you say? So the most common response that I got, because I share land and sentiment, that is more or less what I said on Twitter. I said, I'm glad kJ had ten five and five against an zero to twelve Colorado team when they won by twelve. But you're not You are not going to reach a ceiling that this fan base believe this team could reach. With kJ Adams leading the team in minutes. So if I were to ask you, what is your follow up to this question that I received so frequently on Twitter? We have to stop blaming kJ Adams for everybody else playing bad. Therefore, when he plays well and leads the team and and you know, has the best game of the team, we're still unhappy the team didn't play well. What's your answer to that?
Speaker 2: It's incredibly simple. Okay, here's the deal. kJ Adams had a good game last night that culminated in ten points, five rebounds, and five assists against possibly the worst Power five League team other than De Paul. Awesome. Great. However, However, on the bench, you have a potential lottery pick big man who's plus minus in Big twelve play is positive thirty higher than kJ Adams. You have to play him. But it won't matter. We can have this conversation, we can complain about it as much as we want. It will not matter because Bill self will ride with these guys who are currently eighteen and fourteen and Big twelve play over the last two seasons until they lose in the NCAA tournament. And then he's gonna sniff his butt after putting his thumb up there and go boy. I don't know what went wrong this year. Guys. I thought these three guys are pretty good. I might have to go get more guys in the portal. We've seen it. This is what's gonna happen. I don't think there is a solution. I think it's this is what the team is. They are good, but they are so inconsistent that I don't have confidence they can make it past the second game of the NCAA tournament. Oh.
Speaker 1: I think there definitely is a solution. I think that the answer is Flory, but doom getting into the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it almost does feel like Bill would rather go down with the ship than than risk something else that's not his way, which is a point that a lot of coaches get to.
Speaker 3: I was having a I was having a conversation with somebody for the game, and if you're that person, I have no ill will against you. You know who you are, That's totally fine. I'm not going to say who you are just to not put you on blast. That's not my intent at all. This is just very relevant to this conversation. I think it's a very interesting point. It's really the only reason I'm bringing up if you're listening. You can text me about it. You have my number. This this person told me, well, we were debating this point. We're debating this exact point after the game, the kJ Adams whole thing, kJ Adams, and this person was saying that kJ Adams is necessary because of energy. And I was saying, kJ Adams does not fit any lineup other than playing the solo five man, which you really can't do because you have two better five men than kJ on the team. That's really the only lineup where he really stylistically fits. And this person told me that it's not about lineups, it is about this team needing energy. And I'm like, okay, yep, sports, you gotta have you do have to have an amount of energy. Like undoubtedly, you know hustle players as much as we joke about that, that those are real things and having energy guys is a real thing and that's not valueless and that like can work. However, basketball especially is very much about lineups. Also saying it needs to be about energy, presupposes that these guys are not playing with energy, which like watched the games because like I don't know, I really don't know what we're watching out here. You know, those guys have energy, like those guys are playing with hustle, They're playing like high level basketball. This lineups are so so, so important, especially in college basketball where the overall skill level is moderate to low at times on most teams, and you need the five guys on the court to mesh. At the same time, I think the idea and also just the idea that whatever Bill self says is gospel in four seconds after it happens. He's crazy to me because Bill self said that is about energy, and I understand Bill self is in practice. Bill self sees this team. He has the most knowledge on Kansas basketball of anybody, but that doesn't make him definitionally correct and every other take wrong just because Bill says one thing. This like kJ Adams does not fit lineups, he does not fit lineups in this basketball team. I know he had good stats, and we Chris says hi when he has good sets with chritsized when he has bad stats. I know he played well. He did play well, but this team cannot possibly reach its ceiling with a four man that is as completely roleless, completely like without a place, without a thing to do on offense as kJ Adams. It is impossible. This team is curbing itself. Bill self is by choice, lessening what this team can do. By playing kJ Adams thirty five minutes a game, it's insane to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you hit the nail on the head. And notice, at no point in your rant did you say kJ Adams sucks or kJ Adams should never play. You said he has a role. He does have a role. It's the off the bench energy guy. But we look at the numbers with Flori. Flory played eighteen minutes. That's half of what kJ played. Flori had four point six rebounds, two blocks, and three fouls. He fouls a lot, and he got beat up on defense pretty good by Colorado's big It happens, Flory averaged double double in the four games that kJ Adams didn't start. In that four game stretch, Flory averaged ten to ten. He played thirty minutes a game. Well, then kJ came back four games since, Flori has averaged sixteen minutes per game, so his minutes have been cut in half. Meanwhile, kJ has averaged eight and four in those four games while averaging thirty two minutes a game. So basically, kJ came back to get the minutes that Flori got in his four games without kJ, and kJ has averaging two fewer points and six fewer rebounds. And look, I understand that this sounds kind of like it almost sounds like I'm making a funny by saying this, but I'm not. I understand that there are more things in basketball. There's more to basketball than points and rebounds, So it's not fair to input all the eggs in that basket. I think Flori is a better player than kJ Adams. I think he's a better basketball player than kJ Adams, especially with what this team needs from a four man. And I think that this team's ceiling. The best opportunity for this team to reach their best version of itself is playing Florie Butaduna thirty minutes a game. And people are like, have you watched he's been terrible of the last few games. First off, No, he hasn't. Second off, basketball is a game of rhythm. He's not getting any time out there. He's not getting any minutes. Don't tell me that he sucks on defense, But then you pat kJ on the ass for defense. Whenever we watched the second half in Waco, Florie's got to play and he showed more in the only four games he's ever started for Kansas. Then kJ does statistically during a very good stretch for him. Florie has to play more than kJ. He won't, I hear you, he won't. But if you want this team to be the best version of itself in March, Florie's got to play more than kJ.
Speaker 3: This is also kJ adams fifth year in school.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's he's not a fifth year guy. It's four four on one. kJ started about one hundred games here, Florie started four.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, I mean, it's not gonna change.
Speaker 1: But well, something else that will never change is Colorado losing at Allen Fieldhouse because they have now lost thirty one times in a row in this building. I Arronesty said that they lost thirty six straight on the last show, but I was including Big twelve Tournament games in their College Basketball Reference didn't specify with it that they put the at sign in there to indicate that that was against a higher seated Big twelve Tournament game. So they're also h to five against them in Kansas City. For the record, in the last forty years, thirty one straight at Allen field House, dating back to the first week of nineteen eighty four. Bill self is now twenty one and one against them now taking on the role of Kendrick Lamar with Colorado being Drake. And while we're dunking on Colorado, they're oh and thirteen now, and if they do not beat UCF on Saturday, they're going to have to get one of at Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, at k State, and at Texas Tech to avoid entering senior day at oh and nineteen. If they don't get you, I think it might be Curtains.
Speaker 3: Who's their senior day.
Speaker 1: I think it's TCU at home who is better than them?
Speaker 3: They're due, Yeah, they they have two chances. It's UCF for TCU.
Speaker 1: The like at K State has suddenly turned into like a Nope, they're not winning that one sort of game. They're down in two chances.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they're they're really bad.
Speaker 1: Land And tell me about Dewan Harris, who was reached the milestone here kind.
Speaker 3: Of he did reach it, we will we will discuss what it means. He took as many shots as Hunter Dickinson and scored half the points, which makes sense. Harris was four of eleven from the floor and had ten points, but he did have six rebounds, five assists, and only one turnover played thirty two minutes. He also passed Jacques Vaughan for second on the all time KU assist list, which you know, only took him forty one more games to do. But hey, but hey, shack More only got fourteen minutes off the bench. He did not score. Was the point point guards?
Speaker 2: Uh? Was?
Speaker 3: It was it Ryan or Cam that put death star sized asterisk asterisk here. It's a good joke. It's a good joke. Yeah, I mean, that's a lot of assists. But yeah, it took you, like an entire Natty run of another season more to get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I posted this on Twitter and somebody, you'll, somebody said that I don't even see that I'm hating on the school that I root for, Bud. It's just pointing out a stat like Dewan Harris is a good point guard. Putting him ahead of Jacques Vaughan on the KU assistan list just feels kind of gross, Like, yeah, that's not you know, I'm glad. I'm glad that playing twenty five percent more games he got there.
Speaker 2: For how many mints he's played, you would you would hope.
Speaker 1: I almost called you Nick.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Take that for what it's worth.
Speaker 2: Camp.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, tell me about Zeke. Tell me, tell me about Zeke Mayo. Do a Nick whipperd impression for me while you're talking about Zeke.
Speaker 3: Well, the best Nick impression would be to simply not read the play or.
Speaker 1: Forgot around Zeke Ando.
Speaker 2: I was gonna, I was just gonna wait and then go o, sorry, I was Uh, I forgot what we were going.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm sorry. I ruined the bit we were.
Speaker 2: On the Zeke Mayo had thirteen points, nine rebounds, two steals. He continues to be very effective from three three for seven, now forty one percent for the year. He struggled from two to one for five in conference Blaze, shooting forty two percent from three and forty five percent from two. Shoot it more, dude, for.
Speaker 1: Three, Yeah, shoot it more. Yes. In this game, Zeke Mayo and Ryland Griffin, who we are going to talk about. Zeke Mayo and Ryland Griffin combined to take I believe eleven fast nine and uh Dewan Harris took eleven shots. It's like, yeah, that's just Fifteen's a lot at least on nine to eleven. They they did as bad as Ryland Griffin has. Can you say that is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He did? No, but you can say said that we're all about cod said no.
Speaker 1: The The Bill's coach also was like guyce Rally, like those nine to eleven Highers, they.
Speaker 2: With bouts, they had no one else rallied. They charged that cac pit. We're gonna charge the I'm just.
Speaker 1: Gonna let Cam go before well, I actually won't because one of us is gonna say something that jobs.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Mayo is so bad at the running floater, Like what in the world can I get this funny? What in the world's going on with the with Zeke Mayo's floater, Like it's terrible. It's like the opposite of a Frank Mason floater.
Speaker 2: It's like a titan. It doesn't float. I don't know. I don't think it like he's never in rhythm when he shoots them. I just don't know. It's like Dawan Harris too kind of Zeke.
Speaker 1: But boy, can he shoot the three? Forty two percent from three? Here's here's here's a here's a truthful statement from not basketball coach Ryan Landrath. If you are shooting forty two percent from three. You better take ten a game like case case closed. If you're that good, you better launch the thing. I don't want forty two percent on four per game. Launch agreed?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do agree.
Speaker 1: What about Rylan Griffin Landon? Do you agree that he should launch?
Speaker 3: Because yeesh, less and less by the time he does. He made three three throws, but otherwise was zero for four from three, which makes him one for ten from three in the last two games played seventeen minutes in this game. Since making five threes versus Houston on January twenty fifth, he is four for twenty one since, including two for fifteen since getting back into the starting lineup. Since January fifth, Griffin is seven for thirty four footing threes. If you take out the Houston game, and it's not much better than that all the way back to the UCF game as well. Is getting him going priority number one for this team? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, And I have a horrible feeling that Bill self is gonna say that's enough. Come on, David Koite, you're going back in the starting lineup for this next game. Please don't.
Speaker 2: You might be right actually with that, I hope you're wrong, but that seems very on par with this season.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Like Griffin's gotta get going at this point in the year. Your teeth are sunk in too far. If you lose because Ryland Griffin misses a bunch of threes, so be it. You brought him in to be your team's best three point shitter. Yup, don't don't lose keeping him on the bench playing seventeen minutes while kJ Adams takes more shots than he does.
Speaker 2: Please, if you had a bet right now, do you think in Kansas's season any NCAA tournament loss, do you think that kJ Adams attempts more field goals than Radland Griffin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would definitely take that bet. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sad, but it's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so has not even been good though lately.
Speaker 1: No he ever since I proclaimed him consistent. Yeah, yes, I think he is. Like he's in a slump for sure. He's a guy that's proven over the course of his career. Yeah, the Houston game was was a was a heat check. It all happened a little bit. But like we we have evidence of him at two different Power five schools that he can launch threes at a high clip. He's still with this slump. He's still shooting thirty six percent from three this year, which is better than Isaiah mosh shot for Kansas. Doesn't seem like it, but it's true, like he still has it in him. He needs to launch. You need to continue trying to get him going.
Speaker 3: But this this is feeling more and more like this is a classic shot well in non con and this time he just happened to have two nuclear nuclear excuse me that came up in the last show Nuclear. I can't say it right. I'm not going to really really good, big time nights from three in conference play, and that's really the only thing that's keeping him going percentage wise, though like otherwise, it's very.
Speaker 1: How else do you want to play?
Speaker 2: Do you like?
Speaker 1: If you want kJ to shoot last and you don't want Griffin taking a bunch of threes, where are the shots coming from?
Speaker 3: That's a that's a really good question. Perhaps that speaks to the relative cookedness of this team, but you also.
Speaker 1: Said that this team. You also said that this team should not exclusively feed Hunter Dickinson as much, and you also said to want Harris shooting eleven times is too much. I don't disagree with many of these, but I'm just trying to figure out, like the only scenario I think you don't want either shoot three times.
Speaker 3: I think realistically speaking, you do have to keep trying Ryland Griffin because if he does get going and he does figure it out and he can get that shot back come out of the slump, then yeah, then you have a guy who's going to make several threes. You'd think a game at least a couple and give you give you something you don't really have right now. But yeah, I mean realistically, I kind of don't know if there is anybody. I don't know if there is anybody on this team. Aj Sto keeps hitting one shot a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then not playing after that. Here's the rest of your guys. David Quit scored eight points in the second half and seventeen very good bench minutes. We all liked the Quoit acquisition in the offseason because you have to have a ball handler off the bench that can googlet you a bucket every now and then. Quoit can do that. He's a great pinch piece for this team. Aj Storer got seven first half minutes, scored four points, only to not play at all in the second half, because that makes sense. Ricky's Passimore played thirty seconds, shot a pretty open three, and immediately as in the ball hadn't even been rebounded yet, herself was waving Zeke Mail back into the game and got benched because what I wrote here is his coach is a geriatric crouch with a sucky heart.
Speaker 2: Jim Beheim the second but minus the hitting a lady with his car, minus a vehicular homicide alleged.
Speaker 1: Which was not alleged. That No, there's no allegend about that that did have that happened. Fran Rascilla has done six of the last eight games that Kansas has had on the ESPN family of networks. It makes me want to be the victim of vehicular homicide listening to this jackass call basketball games every single time. Yeah, that was set up pretty good, so was this.
Speaker 2: Now I'm saying, I can arrange that if needed a lot of people down here at the.
Speaker 1: Driving X, I'll just go stand in the Dairy Queen parking lot. It sounds like it sounds like it's fifty to fifty between getting hit by a car and hit by a bullet.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, there's one day. One one morning, I'm gonna wake up and there's gonna be like a Chevy and Pala that's in my leaving room, and I'm gonna be like, all right, checks out, and then just go back to bed.
Speaker 1: Completely out of context. Itp but Cam said yesterday that I prefer women that are built like Chevy and Pala's and it was my absolute favorite thing Cam has ever said in his life. I screenshot of that text and have it so it's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Also said lizo or bust.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that I won't repeat it if I did say that, and that would definitely explain Cam's quote forty seven percent from the floor, twenty nine percent from three. I was pleading this team to take more threes halfway through the second half, and then they started launching them and none of them went in the basket sixty nine percent of the line. They won on the glass by six. They only turned it over eight times, but they also only forced eight against a team that is historically bad protecting the ball. Is a team that averages sixteen turnovers a game, Colorado does and Kansas held them, or Kansas was only able to force eight overall. This is a sleeper right, Like, this isn't the sort of game that you look at and say they're doomed. It's also not the sort of game that you look at and go, all right, I'm booking my airfare to wherever the second round of the NCAA tournament site that they're gonna be in is like overall whatever. They have a couple of these a year. It was a yawn. H do you feel worse about them than you did before the game tipped off?
Speaker 3: I feel exactly the same, which is not overwhelmingly positive.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, boat, this team is whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we were gonna start with big twelve games, but there's still at this hour one going on, so let's do a switch arou and start with other games. We can talk about the SEC first. I guess we do see unlike Bill self, we do have a Plan B whenever something is going wrong with our with our apples.
Speaker 2: Waitress the Rick Patino got with did not have said plan B.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, he both number one Auburn and two Alabama past road tests having their galactic showdown this weekend in Tuscaloosa, Tuscalusa has never heard of Plan B, and they never want to, and the Crimson Times made seventeen threes and route to a one hundred and three eighty thrashing over Texas. Speaking of Texas, jill And already said he has the Longhorns as one of his last teams in the field, despite the fact that they are four and eight in SEC play and are two and seven against ranked teams with their best non con win being North Carolina State. That does not scream in the dance to me. But Texas does this every single year where they're deeply underwhelming and yet they are flirting with the tournament birth all the way to the bitter end.
Speaker 1: If Texas is not Texas, they would not be on the bubble. And if this mass was.
Speaker 3: Called Eli Manning, would they would they be in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Uh, they probably would wind up there, even though they have no business doing. Texas kind of is Eli Manning like they once every ten years have a wait, how the hell did that happen sort of moment, But otherwise are largely unimpressive over an extended sample size and despite a lot of hype. And here's the thing. Every single year we see the Jeff Goodman's of the world and the the friggin' John Ross themes of the world saying, you know, it'd be even better if the NCAA tournament had ninety six teams. And then I see freaking four and eight and SEC play Texas on the cusp of a tournament, Berth, I do not need more teams like Texas and no Cincinnati and all them in the bit. No, they have so many chances. Don't tell me that they have such a tough SEC schedule so that will give him a few lots. No, then that means they have more chances to get wins. To put them in. Don't put them in because they had they were tripped up by the really tough schedule. Texas isn't a tournament team. Rodney Terry's also not a Power five coach, but that's a story for another day.
Speaker 2: Speaking of I can't read what was written here, but speaking of bad SEC teams, number twenty one, Missouri did unspeakable things to Porter Moser, as most ranked teams tend to.
Speaker 3: Do to slightly related to the conversation, Yes, yeah, guys, you guys couldn't hear the sound effects, but whenever you hear the sound effects, you're gonna be like, oh Man, Ryan, why did you do that?
Speaker 1: I want a career.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about that. Nothing to be That's all I have for that.
Speaker 1: One, nothing to be concerned about, especially if you're Porter freaking Moser and you have duped a Power five team into giving you another year of salary, benefits and the like, because I cannot believe that. Here we are, in the Year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five and a major basketball team is paying Porter Moser money to coach their basketball team. Missouri beat them by twenty four and the game was never close.
Speaker 3: Although known as the Danny Dimes Ining of Oklahoma yep, yep exactly Elsewhere in the SEC. Number three Florida followed up their Goliath win at Auburn with an impressive eighty one sixty eight win at number twenty two Mississippi State. As a home underdog fifteen, Kentucky controlled five Tennessee seventy five sixty four to earn the season sweep over the Valls.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 3: Usually, even though I pit Kentucky, usually your logic there is correct that the road team gets the revenge win. But it didn't happen here. Kentucky continues to be a little bit of an enigma. Number eight. Ten A and M outscored Georgia by twenty five in the second half to run away from the Bulldogs to close out the relevant SEC action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really the only game that we care about. There's Kentucky, and you're right. Sometimes it's my logic behind that is, whenever you have an elite team, they just typically don't lose two games out of any two game sample size. But Kentucky got him here, and Vegas clearly thought the same because, as you said, the Wildcats were a home underdog. They're great offense like and Tennessee's not. So it's it's not that that unprecedented to see it, but if you're Tennessee, you gotta be thinking, damn, this team sucks at defense and we only got we didn't even get out of the low sixties against them. I think Tennessee is a huge, enormous fraud. I think they're about the fifth, maybe the sixth best team in that league. I think Auburn's better. I think Bama's better. I think Florida's better. I think Kentucky. You have to say they might be better. They swept them. I think A and m has a better player than anybody on Tennessee, and I think Missouri may have a higher ceiling. They are feisty down there in Columbia. I'm not feeling Tennessee at all, but I usually don't.
Speaker 2: With Rick Barnes, Yeah, he's not great, especially in March like seven and.
Speaker 1: Six and sec play like next. Don't even care.
Speaker 2: It's pretty close to Kansas's record right now. In Big twelve play, Dan Hurley led Yukon to an upset win at number twenty four Creighton behind an eruption from Leon McNeely. He scored thirty eight points. On his way off the court, Hurley scream two rings, two rings, baldy at a booing omahawk crowd. Dan, don't throw stones from glasshouses. You also are quite bald.
Speaker 1: I'm totally cool with Dan Hurley being the villain of this sport. We all hated Coach K and then it wasn't until Caleb Love ended Coach K twice that we realized, oh man, the sport's more fun with a villain. The sport needs a villain, and Danny Hurley is that. You can't be a villain and also suck because then you're just a dumb ass like then, no one takes you seriously. Dan Hurley. Yeah, his brother's a good call actually for that. Dan Hurley's got two rings so he can walk the walk and talk the talk. And yeah, his his I think two things are true. One, I think he's brilliantly entertaining and good for the sport. Two, Kentucky and the Lakers dodged major bullets.
Speaker 2: Yeah correct, especially holy crap.
Speaker 1: Imagine to Paul Win and somebody else now did to Paul Win. No, they lost by double digits at number eighteen Marquette. The result of it is a tighter Big East race, as did Villanova's contribution here as they upset number nine Saint John's getting a last second three from Tyler Perkins to win seventy three to seventy one. The Johnnys ten game winning streak is over and the league. The top of the league is pretty wild. Here you have seeing what Cam is diping down below. Saint John's, Creighton, Marquette, Yukon, and Villanova are all exactly one game apart from each other in that order, so that league appears to maybe have five tournament teams. Kyle Neptune's getting some turnaround work going on there.
Speaker 3: Oh Neptune, Indiana pulled off a road up set under eleven Michigan State at a twelve point underdog, which allegedly cost CAM twenty five dollars. He's upset about that.
Speaker 2: I would be not happy.
Speaker 3: The Spartan shot just four for twenty three from three very bill self of them couldn't stop Malik Renault, who had nineteen points and twelve rebounds four. The Hoosiers Michigan State, who started nine to zero Big Ten play and got CAM to a place or got camping place a final four feature on them, is now one in three in their last four games.
Speaker 2: It's gearing up for March is a month all alone. A top of Big Ten is number twenty Michigan, who trailed but double did just halfway through the second half before rallying past number seven per Due and an Arbor. Final score was seventy five to seventy. Three of the top three teams in the conference are all within a game of each other. Basically, everybody has a shot in the league besides Washington and Penn State.
Speaker 1: And everyone knows that Duke is really good, but right behind them and the ACC is twenty third ranked Clemson who blew the doors off of Ain gonna miss the tournament again, North Carolina team to get to twelve and two in league play. Wow, I clicked that like three minutes ago whenever we were talking about I think it was the Creighton lossn the internet finally decided to work there, So that was oh nept And here's another one for you. Michigan State and cams twenty five allegend dollars. So twelve and two in league play are the Clemson Tigers, who trailed the first place Blue Devils by a game after number three Duke destroyed conference foe California. How about that at Cameron Indoors Stadium. I was gonna say, I wish Kansas got to play schools as bad as California and conference play, but they kind of just did with Colorado and they only beat them by twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't win that much. Oh is it my job?
Speaker 1: Is it my job? Am I supposed to say ranked teams to lose? No, because now we're doing.
Speaker 3: Big twelve games in tween games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. Kansas State seventy three, number thirteen, Arizona seventy Landon there's only one draft that you can play. I could push it six times, but I won't. I'll just push it once. SMA bitches.
Speaker 3: And the Wildcats have now won six straight games, three of them coming against top sixteen teams, and in this game, they took down an eleven and one team while shooting one for nineteen from three. Horrible horrible shooting night for k State, but a much worse shooting night for Caleb Bluff. They went three to fifteen from the four and perfect in a Caleb Blove kind of sense, oh for seven from three. But before you ask, he did have more turnovers than shots made, which is really what we're all about here at IP. Doug McDaniel led the way for the Wildcats, the winning Wildcats, the purple Wildcats, the Powercats, if you will. With twenty four ky State, they're playing their way back into the tournament.
Speaker 1: They look he's really good, like this team legitimately looks figured.
Speaker 3: They fully figured it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe people were too quick to bury Jerome Tang.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Team that nobody buried because they're really good. Is the leader in the Big twelve Cam number six Houston seventy six, Baylor sixty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pronounce Houston if you're five foot two in fran Facilla. Baylor shots almost sixty percent of this game, but they were done in fifteen done in with fifteen turnovers. Houston made ten threes and had five players score between ten fourteen points. They are twelve and one in the league. They have won twenty two of their last twenty three conference games. Take notes Bill just unherralded dominance from Houston so impressive.
Speaker 1: Like we thought that they would struggle to get acclimated a little bit and they have not. BYU seventy three West Virginia sixty nine, the Cougars are probably the Big twelve's best team in that third tier kind of the BYU K State that range, as they are now seven and six in league play after getting sixteen points from Igor de Men. The Mountaineers led for most of the way, but they were held to just seven points in the final seven minutes. How many Big twelve teams are gonna make the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: Uh, I can't even think logically at this one.
Speaker 3: Six oh yeah, probably six or seven.
Speaker 1: Five or dunks. Houston, Arizona, Tech, Iowa State, and Kansas They're gonna make it. Then after that you have Baylor BYU, Kansas State, West Virginia, and Cincinnati are probably the next five bets. I don't know. I think I think seven, might seven, might be pushing it at this point. Honest, I think seven is the best case. Yeah, seventh, I think that feels about right. Yeah, I think that's right. I think Kansas State might be the best, might be the best, the sixth best team in the Big Twelve. They might even be better than that, But they may have just done it, done themselves too much, too big of a hole to get out of. Number ten. Iowa State seventy seven, UCF sixty five Landon. We said on the last show, Orlando is for teams that are struggling, go to get right. Another example here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Cyclones have righted the ship. After a bit of a losing streak. Fifteen points from Keithshawn Gilbert. UCF has lost seven of eight and five in a row. They are officially on the struggle bus.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati eighty five, Utah seventy Sorry, can the dial lands on you to read about the least interesting Big twelve game that has ever happened?
Speaker 2: Brutal Man Yeah, twenty five points. From Gisel James, which is the most interesting thing about this game. On the Utah side, Gabe Manson had eight threes, but he took twenty six shots to get his twenty eight points since he has won three in a row. Do you guys think they have a tournament shot?
Speaker 1: Yes, because their record's good. Their non con schedule is not very good, but they do have a lot of wins. I think they have fifteen wins overall. Now that you get to eighteen or so, you're gonna be considered. I think they're good. I think Cincinnati is actually pretty good. Like if you gave me a pen and paper and said write the teams in order of best to worst, I think I'd have Cincinnati at like eight. But they have just blown so many winnable games, and I'm probably higher on them than either of you.
Speaker 3: Two. Yeah, yeah, I would say.
Speaker 1: So. This game just went final and Holy Banana's number twelve, Texas Tech one hundred and eleven, Arizona State one hundred and six and two overtimes. The Sun Devils had multiple opportunities to get this done as a seventeen point underdog, and they couldn't do it. Think Houston, Kansas but less galactic of a choke in the sense that Texas Tech had to rally at the end of regulation and overtime, and then they pulled away in the second overtime behind a I want to know if anybody has ever scored forty one points in a game for Texas Tech, because that's what JT. Toppin did. Also fifteen rebounds for good measure as well. Twenty seven more from Darien Williams. Arizona State had a really balanced the night. They played hard, but Texas Tech gets their tenth Big twelve win. They are very good and probably the wildest finish that we've seen in a Big twelve game this week. TCU seventy three, Oklahoma State seventy two.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Down seventy two to seventy With three seconds left, the horn Frogs threw a three quarters court core pass, three quarter court whatever, doesn't matter. They threw the ball a long way down the floor trying to get a basket at the end, where Vashon Alet made a Christian Laitner esque three to win the game. Jamie Dixon is back within a game of five hundred, which he does better than anybody who does.
Speaker 1: TCU play next. Let's see this weekend they play at Arizona State. Very winnable game that could totally see them getting back to five hundred.
Speaker 3: Is the TCU WA.
Speaker 1: Big Love standings. We have for the first time all year. We have one, two, three, four and five, just like the Big East, all a game apart Houston's first twelve and one, Arizona eleven and two, Texas Tech ten and three, Iowa States nine and four and all alone in fifth place, not yet a recipient of a double bye in the Big twelve tournament is Kansas They're eight and five.
Speaker 3: The middle is a lot muddier, tied for six three teams Baylor, BYU and now Kansas State seven and six. Right below them tied for ninth, West Virginia and TCU they are six and.
Speaker 2: Seven, number eleven, Utah, Cincinnati five and eight, number twelve, UCF Oklahoma State both four and nine, fifteen Arizona State they are three and ten, and then the most due team in the league is sixteen Colorado oh and thirteen.
Speaker 1: So Colorado has got seven games left and they have to go at least at least four and three to avoid being the sixteen seed in the Big twelve tournament. Guys, I don't think that's gonna happen. Gotta tell you. I think they're sixteenth. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead agree ranked teams to lose since the last time we did a podcast. I know everybody loves going back and forth. This is what happens when we do other games. First, thanks, Texas Tech. Could have just won, like we all knew you were going to anyway. Number five Tennessee is the highest ranked team to lose since the last podcast. They lost at RUP for the second time this year to Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Number seven Purdue has conceded the lead in the Big Ten to Michigan, who they lost to.
Speaker 2: Number nine Saint John's and Rick Patino lost to a waitress at Applebee's and Villanova oh uh.
Speaker 1: Number eleven Michigan State lost to Indiana Rest in Peace, Cam's bank account man.
Speaker 3: Number thirteen Arizona they lost to k State, which everyone's doing these days.
Speaker 2: Twenty two Mississippi State lost to Florida.
Speaker 1: And number twenty four Creighton lost the Yukon and then they took another l after the game when Dan Hurley basically pissed on their grave walking off the court, which is pretty funny. Like, it was really funny seeing all those people in Omaha that were oh so happy when Pop Isaacs was dunking all over Kansas that night. They were quite sad as Yukon left the arena with a victory. And now on to ask Rock Chalk Blog, get the soundboard works? Hey, it did, all right, ask RCB. You could always count on the questions being good after a loss. You can also always count on the questions being good after an important win. But whenever they do that and they beat Colorado by a handful, we'll see. Let's see what these questions are like at rock Chock eighty four. When you sit down for the first four How likely is it that we will see Jerome Tang clapping on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: Much much, much more likely than it was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Man, good sho.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just let's just look at KSE States schedule here. So there are seven games left. Next game is at BYU. I'm gonna give them a loss there. Provo's tough, right, give him a loss.
Speaker 3: We're cool with that, Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: Seven and seven is case State. And then they go at Utah, Arizona State at home at UCF, Colorado at home. If you want to be an NCAA tournament team, you have to win at least three of those games. Agreed, Yes, Yeah, that gets them to ten and eight, and then the last week of the year they have at Cincinnati, and then they end the year with Iowa State at home on Senior Day. With those seven games, I think Kansas State needs to go five and two. If they go five and two, then that gets you to twelve and eight in conference play, probably a top six seed in the Big Twelve Tournament. I think that will be on the right side of the bubble heading into Kansas City.
Speaker 2: I agree, Yeah, I think that very much checks out.
Speaker 1: But if they don't win five of their final seven, if you go four and three and have an early flame out their non con schedule, it really doesn't have a terrible loss, but it doesn't have any resemblance of a good win. So they're gonna need to get Iowa State at home, and then they can say, hey, we've got wins over Iowa State twice, We've got to win over Kansas We've got to win over Arizona and maybe more in the Big twelve tournament. I think they have a real shot, and I think that they could go. I don't think it stops at the first four. I think they could play their way into a safer bid. Also from rock Chock eighty four. Why did aj store only play in the first half? Wrong answers only, Well, my smartleic response because he didn't show enough energy. That actually might be the right answer.
Speaker 2: I can't say what I'm thinking, so I'll let land and go.
Speaker 3: He made shots which was one too many for Bill self's liking in l game where he wanted floor burns only.
Speaker 1: Yeah for the energy the energy points chart at Chance seventeen seventy six. Is Kansas State a better team than Kansas because it feels.
Speaker 2: Like it right now, right now?
Speaker 1: Maybe if they play tomorrow. If they play tomorrow on a truly neutral court, they're playing in freaking Slovakia. They're completely neutral. No, they're not Kansas.
Speaker 2: Kansas will be favored. Will they win the week?
Speaker 1: Kansas just played at Bramblege less than a week ago, and they were a four point favorite. You move that to a neutral court and they're probably a six point favorite. Maybe it's not that much now, but they're at least a three or four point favorite, and I think they'd win the game.
Speaker 3: K State is actively playing better basketball than Kansas right now?
Speaker 1: Agree that is true. They They're they're white hot right now. At Ryan underscore Landras, what is three part question? What is the best song ever, the worst song ever, and the most overrated song ever?
Speaker 3: I like this question. The worst song ever is All Star by smash Mouth.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god. No, no, all right, that's it. We know don't have to make an announcement on this podcast. We are firing a co host live on air for the first time in the history of I t P podcast. Oh man, well just because you asked for it. Get that son of a podcast. Come on, Landing, Come.
Speaker 3: On, it's not Actually the worst song is Friday by Whoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rebecca I got that song is a boss.
Speaker 2: She got bullied into an eating That.
Speaker 3: Song sucks sideways, Ryan, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rebecca Black got bullied into being homeschooled, I think, and she's all weird. Now okay, I am going to tell you guys a secret that you wish that you didn't know. Rebecca Black politics, get that son of a podcast. Now I'm now I'm now I'm doing solo shows. I guess welcome inside.
Speaker 2: The girlfriend.
Speaker 1: A solo Ryan I t P is like, Okay, so, guys, I know that they lost to Colorado, but I'm gonna tell you why you shouldn't be that worried because old billy boyle figure it out for us. Here. Just give him some time.
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't exit the station wagon.
Speaker 1: Is there is there a fat drop? I don't think there is. It just is. Yeah, I typed in.
Speaker 3: That works.
Speaker 1: There we go. There's your fat joke. Here's the secret you guys wish you didn't know. Rebecca Black doubled down on Friday, which admittedly was not the best song ever written, and she wrote a parody and it's called Saturday, and I encourage you to look it up on YouTube when we're not the show and report back.
Speaker 2: It is unknown.
Speaker 1: Undoubted the worst song in the history of music. But I'm not gonna select it for my answer because I don't believe it classifies as music.
Speaker 3: That's pretty bad. Uh, the best song ever, that's very That's that's tough. I don't know. There's a lot of good songs.
Speaker 1: I'll give you my most overrated song ever. The most overrated song ever is Bohemian Rhapsody. That song is endless. They play it all the damn time. It's just endless. It feels like it's six songs at once and none of it's good, and everybody thinks it's good and I can't.
Speaker 3: You can say it's overrated, but it is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'll think with overrated without burning bridges.
Speaker 2: No, the most overrated song is Mister Brightside.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: That song is annoying.
Speaker 2: That case, I like the song, but the meanings not a deal.
Speaker 1: I think the best song ever is All Star. It might be Stacy's Mom, that's one of those two. The worst song ever, man, what's the worst song ever? Let me google what do people think? What's the worst song ever? The very first result is Friday by Rebecca Black. That is hilarious.
Speaker 3: That's really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have much.
Speaker 3: I have been listening to a good amount of Bob Dylan recently because the movie came out. I was very unfamiliar with Bob Dylan. He has a lot of really good songs. Girl from the North Country that's a that's an absolute sad banger and a half. That's my current answer right now. Girl from the North Country. Bob Dylan, great song.
Speaker 1: Rolling Stone said the worst song ever. This is a twenty twenty two article is called Twinkle Twinkle Little Bitch by you Kate. We're gonna listen to this song? What? What's that's hilarious?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I see all the swear words coming. We're gonna go ahead and stop that now. This song has two million views on YouTube. I I the top liked comment with more than twelve thousand thumbs up is she always disappoints. That's what I'm Oh, boy, Cam, what's the best song ever?
Speaker 2: I don't know about the best song ever? I just I just I just don't like mister Brightside because any is overplayed. That's all. That's all I'm gonna add to this.
Speaker 1: Then you can say that's your most overrated. That's probably good. I'm not a.
Speaker 2: Fan of that.
Speaker 1: My current least favorite song is Espresso by Sabrina Carpenter, who is, first of all, I'm not real good at pop culture in twenty twenty five, But anybody who says saprin in a Carpenter's name in the same breath as Olivia Rodrigo should be shot out of a cannon and forced to watch exclusive kJ Adams Baylor Waco second half highlights because oh my gosh, that is this a horrendous take? Landon doesn't like Olivia Rodrigo and sir, I'm sorry she slaps.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine. I don't really feel like arguing about something you're so wrong about. That's okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we know with songs, do we kind of get our do we kind of get our points across here with songs?
Speaker 3: Yeah? More or less?
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this next one at show Me Hawk. On the last show, you compared this team to the twenty twenty one team, and I do agree on the comp but that doesn't mean that this team cannot have a better season. All I need to do is in these last seven games secure a top four seed, and then they very well have a crowd advantage in Kansas City. So here's the thing. Yes, yes, theoretically, as Cam would say, alleged, however, easier said than done. If this team makes it to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament, yeah, we won't really think of them as twenty twenty one. Like again, it's all about that game, because I think they're gonna get some wins.
Speaker 2: Ah, they better.
Speaker 1: At at Mayo. Zke Berner. At what point in the season did you realize this team just didn't have the juice? Was it in the Missouri game, was in the Creighton game, was in the Houston game?
Speaker 3: When was it? That's a really good question. Yeah, that's that's the answer.
Speaker 2: It's Baylor.
Speaker 1: Baylor is giving them the benefit of the doubt too, because we saw him start seven to zero when they lost to Creighton. Okay, Creighton's loud pop, Isaacs went off. Okay lost whatever. They lose to Missouri, and we didn't think Missouri was very good. Now I think that loss has aged better than we thought it, and they wound up making that game of fight. Then they won a f you in a row. I think the answer might actually be West Virginia, just because that's the sort of game that that never happens, Like literally, conference opening loss never happens. When they lost that one, it was one of those oh that's the third time this year that at the time we thought they lost to an inferior Yeah, by the time we got to Baylor, we were kind of already expecting.
Speaker 3: That honestly, maybe UCF at home weirdly enough when.
Speaker 1: They gave up eighty seven and barely won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean obviously I wasn't expecting to win by fifty one again, but like squeaking one out against the team you crushed previously at home didn't feel good either.
Speaker 1: Well, here's kind of a piggyback on that one for you, Cam. You can lead off with this one at AJ Stevens. And did the people who thought KU was preseason number one really get it wrong? Because the team isn't that good or was the expectation fair? And the team is the blame for failing to achieve a reasonable expectation?
Speaker 2: I mean, this sounds terrible. I think it's both. Like, realistically, the roster from a purely Bill Self built this team like a guy that was playing NBA two K. Like you go into the portal, you get big names and then you surround them with guys that are older on the team, have experience, and you're like, ah, this should be fine, and it's just not working out. I mean, I think it's both.
Speaker 1: Here's where I think Bill self got this wrong. Assuming it doesn't work, maybe all gels and they reach the Final four, right, it's not out of the realm of possibility. But assuming this team doesn't go as far as people would like them to in the tournament, and we look back at this and think, man, two years in a row, the same thing happened more or less, I think that we're going landon. You remember last season, before Nick left, we talked about off season one list, and I said, if they're going to build another roster around Hunter Dickinson, they've got to get a s wretch four. They've got to get a guy who can rebound well and ideally can also be a shooting threat. He doesn't have to be Steph Curry, but he has to be a threat. And Alabama, because God bless Natos, has that blueprint to a science. And they went out there and they grabbed Grant Nelson from North Dakota State, who is six ' ten. He can shoot the ball, and he's a good rebounder, and he has an athletic at all. kJ could do all the Olympic sports much better than Grant Nelson except play basketball, because that guy goes out there, he rebounds the misses, and he shoots the ball. That's what Kansas needed. If they wanted to maximize a Hunter Dickinson centered offense. Is they got it wrong by bringing back a guy that doesn't jel well next to Hunter Dickinson and having him lead the team in minutes. And Dwan Harris just might not be an elevator type of point guard. He's not gonna elevate guys to be better versions of themselves. I think the pieces Bill self got in the transfer portal are great. He got a handful of guys who can play the two, three and the four. Zeke Mayo has been awesome, Ryland Griffin showing signs, David Koits been everything we wanted to be. Aj Store hasn't been very good, but you're allowed to get one and a four wrong. And Flori's been great. Of the five new editions, four of them have been at least all right. If three of them have been really good. The problem was they brought back a one, a four, and a five that didn't work together. The five is really good. The one and the four are not team elevators, and you're seeing it.
Speaker 3: I think that is extremely well put. That is that is the articulation of this team.
Speaker 1: kJ Adams is a good piece on a lot of teams if you have a five man that plays kind of like I don't know, I'm trying to think of a five man that if you want kJ at the four, that it would work. I mean like a like a Zion. Zion played the five like he was an athlete, like I think the best the best compliment to kJ is somebody who's also really athletic, but a good rebounder, so maybe even a but done got type. Hunter Dickinson is not the athlete that you want to stick next to kJ Adams And I'm surprised Bill self didn't see this. I understand what Bill self was trying to do. kJ Hunter into one. Are all good players. Much to your point, Cam, It's like building a two K roster. He said, I got three good players, so I'll go get two other good players, and five good players around them will make a good team. Not always work like that. Dickinson is a great player, but more than I think a lot of all Americans are. He's much more. He needs the right pieces around him to make it work. I watch guys like Mark Sears and Jani Broom and last year Jamal Shed Guys like that that were all Americans. It wouldn't have mattered if you put four average joes around him, they were gonna be all American. Good hunter needs the right compliments around him, and kJ and it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you nailed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, completely her.
Speaker 1: Here's a Chicago question for you, Cam at Dick Underscore Taser. Pretend like your name was Rick Dazer and you happen to have plans to Oh no, not it.
Speaker 2: Could it be.
Speaker 1: Chicago for a four day weekend and this was the forecast, and the forecast shows snow, snow, cloudy, minus three, cloudy six. Would you stick with said plans or a bort mission well waiting underscore Kerr. I don't know if you realize this, but Cam, hence the gunshot drops lives right next to Chicago's finest dairy Queen.
Speaker 2: I am right across. I am right a cross and read a cross right across from the finest dairy queen to the land. I mean like, you can still go. You might just hate your life, but you can find things to do. I don't know what you like to do. You'll just be inside a lot and uh, to be honest, in Chicago, that's kind of what you want to do anyway, because outside to get scary Dick Taser. I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Is his Twitter handle is Dick Taser and his four like avatar name was Wayne Kerr. So those those are indoor activities.
Speaker 1: You know what Wayne Kerr is doing if we're being honest, because I get pictures of him rolling, like running on a beach next to a historic lighthouse and listening to it p and like Cobb and and now you want to come to Chicago, Like I don't get it, man, this feels like like like a rich dude wanting to go eat lunch at the Dairy Queen by Cam's house. Like it just doesn't make any sense, Like we're just so out, Like.
Speaker 2: I'll take you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys should meet up at the Dairy Queen. If you survive, you can talk about how it goes. I was good. I looked it up for you. Wayne Kerr. DePaul does not play at home this weekend. I was gonna suggest you go watch them play when you're in Chicago, but they are on the road. If you stick around until Wednesday, you can see them play Saint John's at home. Cam, you should go to that game. Go see Rick Petite. They'd have to pay me to go on this website. Well, of course it's not. It's it's not quite paying you. But you only have to pay them three dollars according to the ESPN schedule.
Speaker 2: That's a good deal. I would do it if it didn't risk.
Speaker 1: You know, where, how far are you from DePaul? Because Chicago's freaking huge, like.
Speaker 2: Probably twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, well so so about two miles, but Chicago traffic exactly at show me Hawk. Do you think next year's team could be up there with Houston caliber teams, which is more twenty tens Kansas? Analytically, do you think this could be a top five preseason Ken Palm team?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, darn translate well this.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 1: I understand that Andrew Wiggins had more hype than any high school basketball player ever. All right, full disclosure. Andrew Wiggins had the most hype of any high school player we'll ever see play for Kansas. I think Darren Peterson the best high school player that's ever played at Kansas next year, he's he is absurd Like Wiggins wasn't the scorer that Darren Peterson was. Wiggins was an insane athlete that happened to just overwhelm people with his scoring because he was so freakishly athletic. Darren Peterson is the best scorer I've ever seen come out of high school. And he's going to Kansas.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's hope that plays out.
Speaker 2: That would be rad Yeah, let him shoot pill.
Speaker 1: Bill Self said on Hawk Talk tonight that Darren Peterson is going to be the type of scorer that Frank Mason was as a senior as a freshman. And that's saying a lot considering Frank Mason scored more points per game than any Bill Self player has in the last twenty years. He's gonna score twenty nine is an absurd quote, right, I know, I couldn't believe he said it.
Speaker 3: Hopeful I would have doubled.
Speaker 1: I was driving in a snowstorm. Otherwise I would have double taked and looked at my radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that want to come back? Wild?
Speaker 1: Does that make you want to come back and do more? Itp lanning to talk about Darren Peterson's All American year.
Speaker 3: I might need to see him actually do it a couple times.
Speaker 1: On record right now, because I'm all in on record right now. Darren Peterson's a first team All America next year.
Speaker 2: At Kansas.
Speaker 1: Dude's dude to the whole package. He is, with the exception of Wiggins, the highest rated by twenty four to seven Sports, is rating recruit that Kansas has ever had. He's not quite the athlete Wiggins was, but from a shooting perspective, from a scoring perspective, a facilitating perspective, he is the best recruit that Bill self has ever had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seems that way. He is on twenty four to seven. He is ranked below Josh Jackson and Wiggins, but he is third.
Speaker 1: They're all one hundreds, aren't they They're all one hundred.
Speaker 3: I think he has a very good chance to be very good. I haven't actually seen a lot of his highlights. I know he dropped fifty eight the other day, sixty one crazy. Regardless, he's very good. He's really really good. I hope, I hope he's He's a sensational in colleges. If Bill Self's right in that he's he's a Frank Mason level scorer, that will put him in like a top two, top three scoring season we've ever seen in the beilsof Er at Kansas.
Speaker 1: Last question at Elliott rus in h non basketball question today because to be honest, do we really need to talk more about that game?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: What are your guys's favorite local, non chain restaurants and fast food places? More like mom and pop, slash, hole in the wall, gyms, well Landon and I both live in Johnson County, Kansas and the Casey Metro and Cam you're in Chicago, so you can't say dairy queen, but you're gonna have different answers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's like, dude, I've liked here, so oh no, you go. Uh.
Speaker 1: The first one that comes to mind that's really good is Johnny's Tavern. There's a few of them scattered around here. They have really good, really good pizza night, really good kind of bar and grill. They got kind of everything there. We go there quite a bit. There's a few places. There's a couple of restaurants called the Peanut and in Joco.
Speaker 3: That's places is Yeah, is it really famous for here? It's famous around here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got said that's probably the answer.
Speaker 3: Not first Watch, that's yeah, it's fair. Uh. There's a really good Irish pub that there's like three of them. I believe they're called Conroys. That's really really good. Conroy's Rocks. Uh, there's a couple of Mediterranean places that I like. One called Yaffa in Overland Park. That's really good. Oh, what's a Flaffel? Express also picked up doing door dash orders. I picked up from all these places and not eating them, but I can tell you that they all smell very good. Those two places that you just listed smell very good. They are very good. Camde Chicago, have any places to besides dairy queens?
Speaker 2: But I blanked out? Yeah, I I really haven't had much out here. There's a here here you go. There's a place that no one's gonna care about next door called sports Shack. Shout out to sports Shack. It's like a bar chicken caseadia phenomenal. It's it's bread, chicken and cheese. Shout out to sports check.
Speaker 1: Well, that's where Wayne kirk Cane he needs whenever he needs to get out of negative six stories Chicago night. Yeah, that'll be fun if you ever have any Ascar CBS. Oh and then there is at Hurricane c W eighteen, it says, do you do ever do a write up after games? We used to traffic on rock Shot blog wasn't enough to warrant the amount of time if that took and then the Russian pornbots took over anyway, so you just get our very eloquent and rebounds. Okay, previewing a game that we have, I don't yeah, I guess we were doing ITICP when they played Utah a long time ago. It's been a while. Number seventeen Kansas at Utah Saturday, February fifteenth, as you're after Valentine's Day, the Jayhawks will play the reddest team in the Big Twelve. They're going to Utah at nine o'clock on a Saturday night on ESPN.
Speaker 3: The Utah Utes, which my dad's cousin works at the University of Utah. Shout out to you, Carol. They are coached by chat GPT name generator Craig Smith. They are thirteen and eleven overall, they are five and eight and Big twelve play.
Speaker 2: Their league.
Speaker 3: Wins are Oklahoma State, TCUBAU, Cincinnati, and Colorado, which, for those keeping track, is mostly the bottom half of the league. In the best non con win was Eastern Washington, so they get to do anything against anyone. Noteworthy, they are currently ranked eighty sixth in ken Palm, which is exactly one spot ahead of TCU UH.
Speaker 2: Leading the way. Leading the utes is six foot six combo guard Gabe Madson, who's a surefire white guy at the game lock. He ever his fifteen points and takes a ridiculous amount of shots. He is a thirty two percent three point cheer and nine attempts per game. Uh. This is the most foreseeable seven for ten performance in the history of college basketball. His brother Mason Madson comes off the bench as their best shooter at thirty nine percent.
Speaker 3: Sweet lord, I've never seen brothers destroy Kansas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, that definitely warrants this.
Speaker 1: That was a horrendous throwback. And then thanks for that. I don't think they'll get fifty nine. No, at least one, at least one of them doesn't look like Napoleon Dynamite. Also, Mason Madson is they are brothers. I googled this to verify they are brothers. Mason Madson is a black kid, and Gabe Madson looked like a coal miner from the middle of West Virginia.
Speaker 4: So I don't know how exactly, man, I don't even know how to what to follow that up.
Speaker 1: I just know that was hilarious. Utah has a lot of height. Think Colorado, but a little better. They start four guys that are at least six eight six eight Ezra Osar, six ' nine, Mike Sheriff, how do you say that? Mike Sheriff?
Speaker 3: The Gems sure.
Speaker 1: That six ' ten Jake Whalon and seven one Lawson with two a's l A A W S O N lovering around Gabe Madsen. This team has wild names plenty of height on their bench as well, including former Baylor Bear Caleb Loner, Baylor Big, Big Baylor Bear Caleb. Whatever the predictable results see a team that's very good on the glass, good but not great at blocking shots, and very prone to getting into foul trouble. I gotta tell you, I've done a lot of scouting reports, and this team left me more confused than many because you go into it thinking this team is tall, they probably block a lot of shots, they probably play really slow, they probably are forced prone to turning the ball over, and they're basically none of that. Land And this is a weird, weird team that I haven't really watched much, so I have no idea what Kansas is going into except for I know the white guy is gonna shoot and probably make a lot of threes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the Utes are a top ten passing team in America, which is very interesting considering how they start a very tall lineup. Usually starting a really tall lineup does not, like does not mean you're gonna get a lot of assists a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: But they do.
Speaker 3: Their offense makes a good clip of twos, but plays at a faster than you'd expect pace. The defense isn't as stout as you think with all the height. They're bottom five nationally from the free throw line. They only shoot thirty four percent as a squad from the out side. Utah and Kansas have only played once. It was in December twenty fourteen at the Sprint Center, which was somehow in the ITP era. Kansas blait a huge lead before holding off the Utes late to win by three.
Speaker 1: It was fun when they used to blow leads, but then they recover and still win, unlike now when defensive stallwart kJ Adams leads them to a sixty piece being hung on them in wayo oh the damn it drop started to play and then it switched to my AirPods, so it didn't even want to play the whole thing, Cam.
Speaker 3: What do you think of this game?
Speaker 2: I mean, first of all, I think that the names of these guys are ridiculous. I thought I was reading an ancient text from Mesopotamia going through these names. But I also think Kansas wins by eight points. Give me Kansas seventy three, Utah sixty five. I had a new Mather there for a second. That's my indefinitely Kansas by eight.
Speaker 1: I don't have a good feeling for this game. I'm probably gonna curb your enthusiasm my way to picking Kansas, but Land and I don't feel good about this.
Speaker 3: I also have I've been bad at picking Kansas games this year. I have no beat for for when they're gonna win and when they're gonna lose. I really don't they're better than Utah.
Speaker 2: I know that they are.
Speaker 3: They're a better team than Utah.
Speaker 1: Theoretically, if you did Ken Palm rankings here, it would be number ten Kansas at number eighty two Utah.
Speaker 3: But we gotta be joking about Kansas being ten, Like we cannot be real with that. We we know that that's not true, that they are maybe their best team.
Speaker 1: Maybe the rest of college basketball is just also kind of bad. Maybe that's true, but goodness gracious, let me read to you. Let me read to you the ten teams on Ken Palm. I'm immediately after Kansas, and you tell me how many of them you think Kansas is actually worse than because I'd played this exercise earlier, and I don't think you might get to three, or you might get to three names after that, good luck, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Texas, A and M, Arizona, Illinois, Saint John's Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's like five.
Speaker 1: I don't think you get to five. I'll give you Arizona, I'll give you A and M. Maybe San.
Speaker 2: The issue isn't that they're not better than them. The issues that they can lose to any single one of those teams any day of the week, and then they can come out and win.
Speaker 1: By four or number eighty two Utah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like what good Kansas team did you have in the twenty tens where you're like, huh, Kansas is going to play number eighty five Ken Palm team TCU, and I just don't know if they're gonna win, Like it's just insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna pick Kansas to win the game, but I think they're gonna lose the next game in provo, so I'll take them to go one and one on the Utah trip. Give me an ugly seventy two to sixty three sort of grind it out game where that Zeke Mayo makes enough shots because Hunter Dickinson is pretty bottled up the whole night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me Kansas, like seventy two to sixty six or something like that. We all picked about the same kind of game here. Yeah, give me a game where where yeah, Zeke Mayo or Dwan Harris or somebody makes just enough plays at the end of the game, gets to the free throw line just enough something, and Kansas holds uts. I don't know if Utah is going to be able to score a ton of points against Kansas, but if they can pass the ball, well you never know. But I'll take the Hawks. But I agree on the provo take Ryan.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna this is a weird stat and it has a lot of legs to it. Do either of you two know the last time that Kansas won a road game in conference play by single digits.
Speaker 3: Last than they won by single digits.
Speaker 1: Won a conference road game by single digits. They have five wins in this stretch on the road, all of them by double digits.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't know when was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no idea.
Speaker 1: It was February twentieth of twenty twenty three at TCU when Grady Dick and Jalen Wilson were here. It's been almost two yeah, big seasons since. This team just got enough on the road. I think it happens here though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this screams win by seven.
Speaker 1: Yep, we'll hope we're all picking them, So pipe up the curb your enthusiasm. Big twelve games, a really good game between the top two teams and the conference right now. Number six Houston goes into the Mchal Center to play number thirteen Arizona. I think you got to take the Wildcats here. I don't think that I think Houston's better than Arizona, but this feels like a spot where the Wildcats get them in a crazy environment.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Houston here. I think Houston kind of flexes a little bit against Arizona. Arizona's always felt like they've kind of punched above their weight slightly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right. I think it's a good call.
Speaker 2: I'm actually gonna take Houston as well.
Speaker 1: If Houston wins this, they basically clinched the Big twelve, Like we think they're gonna win it anyway, but this basically does it. Right then they're two up with six left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, it's over.
Speaker 3: Knockout more or less.
Speaker 1: West Virginia at Baylor Bears win the games at their favor to win feels like this one.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Number twelve. Texas Tech at Oklahoma State. Do either of you think that the Red Raiders have a letdown after winning in two overtimes tonight?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me Oklahoma State here, No.
Speaker 1: I don't, but I wish they were playing someone better, because yeah, if there's like a TCU or a Cincinnati or someone, I take it. But I just don't think Oklahoma State's good enough. UCF at Colorado Is this the day? Is this the chance?
Speaker 2: I say it is?
Speaker 1: Give me the Buffaloes.
Speaker 2: I agree, yep, give me the great to tankas.
Speaker 1: Wow, we are all going, so you could say that all three.
Speaker 2: Of them the Buffaloes. Just kidding, That is not that has nothing to do with that's just a yeah.
Speaker 1: It's okay. We can tell you more if you guys would like to know more on the next show.
Speaker 3: So it's not a seriously you don't, you don't, It's okay.
Speaker 1: You may want to say, wow, three of you guys are all picking Colorado. That's not just a few people. That's a buffal load.
Speaker 3: Podcast and leave, do not come back.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati at number ten, Iowa State cyclone horn right here right, they win big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went by eight hundred thousand points.
Speaker 1: TCU at Arizona State. I will take the horn frogs on the road here. Arizona State falls flat, and if Jamie Dixon's good at anything, it's getting back to five hundred.
Speaker 3: Same agree, Chuer, why not?
Speaker 1: And Kansas State at BYU, I will pick. Okay, Well, I want to say this is where the streak stops. But I overrate BYU a lot, and they got Kansas next. I still will give me, give me the Cougars at home.
Speaker 3: Gimme k State to keep the good times rolling.
Speaker 2: BYU, looks ahead, gimme BYU.
Speaker 1: Other games are really nice, sexy slate of games in the rest of college basketball this week Battle in the Big Ten, number sixteen, Wisconsin at number seven, Perdue. I think we all want the boiler Makers, yep, yep. Number twenty one, Missoo going at Georgia. I will feel the Tigers a little bit. Give me them on the road.
Speaker 2: Dogs Tigers.
Speaker 1: Game of the day Number one are and at number two Alabama and Tuscaloosa. I believe it's the game day game. I think Alabama wins, but not just here. I would take them if the game was at Auburn as well. I think the Crimson Tide are the class of college basketball this year.
Speaker 3: I will take Alabama.
Speaker 2: Give me Bama.
Speaker 1: Number twenty two. Mississippi State at number nineteen Old Miss and a rivalry game. I think we all want Chris Beard to land the punch.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Beard by knockout.
Speaker 1: Number fifteen Kentucky at Bubble Team question Mark Texas. I, oh, man, I'm gonna whoever I pick will lose this game.
Speaker 2: Give me Texas, I man, I'm still gonna give me Kentucky. Oh, Kentucky by I.
Speaker 1: Can't do it. I hate this, but yes, I think it, not by a lot, but I think they win. Number twenty Michigan at Ohio State. We all know what happened the last time Michigan and Ohio State played the Buckeyes wouldn't lose again. I don't think that's gonna happen, but I think the result is the same. Well, wait, it's in Columbus. Okay, fine, buck Eye's not bad.
Speaker 2: They give me a hot state, Yeah, screw it.
Speaker 1: Give me a hot state and a battle between the top two teams in the Big East. Number twenty four Creighton at number nine Saint John's. I look, I I think that Saint John's wins the game, but it wouldn't surprise me if they've kind of already peaked a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'll give me Saint John's at home.
Speaker 2: Saint John's bounces back.
Speaker 1: All right, So our next show, I don't know up to you guys. Then they go at BYU back to back road games for your Kansas basketball Jayhawks. What is the percent chance they win them both?
Speaker 2: Twenty point zero four percent?
Speaker 1: Twenty I think twenty is more insulting than zero point four percent if we're being honest.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll be here to talk about Ryan we Oh even better, Coach Bill self stubborn ass.
Speaker 1: We'll be here to talk about how kJ Adams playing a combined seventy four minutes in those eighty games where they lost at least one of them. Oh man boy was his ip? How fun in Chicago? Wayne, I'm Ryan Landris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm Landing Fields and I'm cam here for mothers against drunk driving through a dairy Queen.
Speaker 3: It's very specific. That counts al Ad very specific.
Speaker 2: Movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Queen, he watches it happen a lot.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's drunk drivers being flung through the window because they didn't stop drinking before they drove to dairy Queen. They just wanted a blizzard.
Speaker 2: Or they just gave him the wrong blizzard. They were upset people and that.
Speaker 3: But if the mom speak out against it, then it'll get better.
Speaker 2: Correct. Bob Huggins is heat. Bob Huggins is not a statistic. He's a winner.
Speaker 1: Bye.