Speaker 1: So the Man and Scan show nowt on point one.
Speaker 2: The Eagle been on vacation this week, so the three of us holding it down. Foia, I got some cowboy news to get into. But it's my favorite kind of cowboy news when Jerry Jones causes a stir because he's photographed with very young women.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this juicy new news.
Speaker 3: Hot guys, every stay on top in theos.
Speaker 1: Shove, all right, go back to Friday Show.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember when we were discussing the greatest Memorial Day opening weekend box office totals of all time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember now which one was actually number one? Do you remember think Top Gun was? Oh, top Gun, Maverick Gun Maverick. Yeah, one hundred and sixty million.
Speaker 3: So when Tom Cruise has a big movie coming out on Memorial Day weekend, you know it's gonna be huge, especially when he's rubbing elbows with Ben Incredible and he tells a crowd to have a great summer, let's go get him all right, which we've all probably issued one hundred times over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Anytime we were on stage at BFD. The crowd gotta let's go get him, have a great summer, have a great summer. Let's go get it. Then we then we discovered it's get him. Yeah, but either way, yeah, it all works. Yeah your winner.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you first that the North American box office hit a new Memorial Day weekend record. Really, the top ten films earned over three hundred and twenty five million dollars all together.
Speaker 2: That's why Tom Cruse went to every theater and demanded every person go to the go to the actual movie house, and look what happened.
Speaker 3: And with one hundred and eighty three million dollars across the four day weekend, ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Lelo's Stitch, I Do It, I Knew it h and Stitch, the remake from the two thousand and two film, pulled in one hundred and eighty three million dollars. It is now the largest Memorial Day weekend movie of all time.
Speaker 1: And it got one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and fourteen million more dollars than Mission Impossible eight The Final Reckoning.
Speaker 1: How much did it get?
Speaker 3: Eighty three million? I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Seventy seven million.
Speaker 2: That's not what they They wanted a lot more than that one hundred and six million, I guess is what it would have been.
Speaker 1: That was the deficit there?
Speaker 3: Oh uh yeah they yeah, Joe they I think they thought about that a triple digit Yeah right, so seventy seven million that was second place.
Speaker 2: So our friend so at BFD Ben was celebrating his vacation by eating carbs in a real nice, catered area nice, And we were sitting there with our friend Priscilla from Kiss one O six and she had seen it and she was raving about it. Lilo and Stitch whatever it's called.
Speaker 4: Did she go see it by herself or did she take didn't you have a sign? Uh he's older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're sons like y'all's age.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to figure out because I was reading this, like the reason Mission Impossible is really steered towards older guys, older men, right, and then Lelo and Stitch not only for kids but also women about my age because we kind of grew up with Lelo and Stitch the cartoon, and I guess we're all excited for the live action remake.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Beauty of a nostalgia thing is when you can hit two age groups. Yeah, that's that's always magic. Yeah, that's part of the magic of why Barbie clocked so much money. But a big, a big part of it too is how they did it and all that the top gun Maverick get you know, absolutely age group and younger. And then look at Ben Ben. Yeah, Ben's probably saw it a time. Yeah, and he cried every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other's story the other movie, and this was one of the top ten movies the weekend. Is actually the number three movie of the weekend is Our Good Friends over at Final Destination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're still doing movies. Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Did you see the story of what happened? Yes, so they were doing a showing. Uh and this was not here. This is in Colombia.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure if it could I name another city? Hit me going give me one?
Speaker 2: Uh, Lima, I'm sorry, I I liked it was Buenos Oh, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: The ceiling is the roof fell. Oh the ceiling collapsed during a show A minal destination where all you see in that movie is the worst death right. They probably they probably thought Tom Cruise was about to parachute.
Speaker 1: In that would be so cool.
Speaker 2: It seems so many stories of him showing up at places he is.
Speaker 1: They thought it was part of the movie, Like, no, no, no, he's not promoting this. It's just this motor boat and popcorn. Just how how please tell me this wasn't deadly? No, it was, Thank god, it was everyone's fine, But just what a wild thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a movie where I've seen a goldfish fall into the mouth of a kid at the dentist and kill him. I've seen you know, barb bar finch just shoot across and quarter someone.
Speaker 1: Oh this happened during a final destination. Yes, during the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, not during final reckoning, the mission during the movie final destination, which is worse. You see your final destination?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you escape death like they did, you're probably like, well, it's still trying to catch me no matter what I do.
Speaker 1: How do you drive home after that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd probably just gonna God, we'd curl up in a ball somewhere and so freaked out.
Speaker 1: Terrible situation. Well, thank god that no one got seriously hurt. Yeah, I mean there were a couple of serious Oh no, man, that's what happens. When I get my news from him.
Speaker 2: I make assumptions that everything's fine, and then he has a follow up and well, some people lost limbs or something.
Speaker 3: When you hear a story that a ceiling collapsed, I think you have to say that it's a good ending if no one died, a happy ending, even if some one is injured, you were expecting them to die with the ceiling collapse. How many Final Destinations are there? I saw the commercial for one and a guy like had a hook in his nose or something, and they're lifting him up off the ground with a hook, and I'm like, man, I just don't want to.
Speaker 1: Watch stuff like yeah, I don't either. It's it's not good. This is what that would be six.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank you to the Final Destination franchise.
Speaker 1: Is this their final reckoning as well?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Are they wrapping it up? Hope? So God?
Speaker 2: All right, it's been in Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, all right? Coming up next right after this, Jammy jam, why don't we do a little Cowboys kerosene?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love it when Jerry Jones is in the news, and we'll explore all that right after this