Speaker 1: It's night with I'm telling you easy bonding.
Speaker 2: Radio, Sarry Well. I hope that you learned something from the last hour talking about offshore drilling wind turbines off the coast of New England. I think both of the representatives represented their points of view as best they could. Each were at different times little little concerned on some of the particulars. I just think it's interesting that environmentalists, it would seem to me, would want to be in concert with the fishing industry here for a whole lot of reasons. But hey, the politics behind all of this and the amount of money that's behind all of this, I got to tell you that it's immense. It's immense, and I don't really understand it as well as I should. And there were some questions that were an answer to my satisfaction. But I think both of the gentlemen represented their points of view as well as they could. Now I want to change topics and maybe get to something that some of you I was hoping that some of you would have been. I suspect you were interested in listening to the conversation which I wanted to make a conversation, And it wasn't a debate where you ask someone a question and the other person has a response directly. That's not the style we do here on Night Side. So I hope you enjoyed the hour and the fact that people didn't seem interested in engaging. Believe me, offshore turvines will have a tremendous impact on New England and maybe a positive or maybe a negative, but I think we should investigate and try to anticipate which it would be, and then support or oppose the projects accordingly. Anyway, Thanksgiving, I mean this is nine days away. The election is over. It was two weeks ago tonight that Donald Trump won a decisive victory, and as all of you know, I had asked and I had hoped that whoever was going to win, it would be a decisive victory. My worst fear was that people would still be fighting over who had won my Thanksgiving. Now, as it turns out, it'll be three weeks and two days when people gather, Families gather, and I would like to know how you would like to see Thanksgiving dinner proceed with your family. I know some of you will be traveling to be with other members of your family and relatives in far away or nearby places, and instead of having a family meal of just your immediate family, you'll probably somewhere with a larger group of family members and or friends, different folks obviously, and there will be the opportunity to talk about the future of the country, where we are headed as a country, how we came to choose one candidate one party over the other, and the potential for heated conversations exist. I don't think there should be heated conversations. I think we can have conversations around our family Thanksgiving dinner table in the same way that we have conversations here on Nightside. And I'd love to know how you plan to deal with it. I saw some interesting comments that were made which frankly bothered me, and I guess won't surprise you that it bothered me. This was a Yale School psychiatrist, Amanda Calhoun, who was talking on MSNBC about how she would treat or how family members should be treated. Rob. I just want to get right to it. Here. Play cut number eight A to start.
Speaker 3: Us off, Rob, But how do you interact with people who you know voted for this right? If you are an LGBTQ person and you know someone in your family voted essentially against your rights, or you're a woman knowing that you know this man was calling people the B word. Jade Vance was literally calling Kamala Harris the trash and said we're going to take out the trash. I know a lot of black women were incredibly triggered by that. And if you then meet somebody and you know they voted for the people who called you trash, or if you're Puerto Rican, you know you know someone voted that way, do you recommend just from a psychological standpoint being around them. We got the holidays coming up.
Speaker 2: This is a psychiatrist who's speaking. Her name is Amanda Calhoun. She's on MSNBC with Joy Reid and basically what she's saying which I don't understand, and again I think this is part of the problem that the Democratic Party had in the in the election. It sounds to me like she thinks that certain groups of people, whether they be Black women, white women, LGBTQ community, voted in mass All of the post election analysis that I have seen is that there were people of different backgrounds who voted differently, which is what you would have expected. I mean, I don't think that all people who happened to be I don't know, you know, German American all voted one way or the other. I don't think all people who happen to be African American black members of our country voted all way. Look, Donald Trump supposedly got more Black votes and more Hispanic votes than any Republican candidate in history. You can't accuse black people, and this woman happened to be black of people who disagreed with her, white or black for being racist because the choices were between a white male and a black female. And I don't think that that sort of polemic, that sort of conversation does any of us any good at the end of the day. And I think it's going to it's going to filter down through academia and through the media, and all of us on Thanksgiving Day will in effect strap on our uniforms and whomever we happen to support. Even if it's family members sitting across from you asking you to pass a piece of pumpkin pie, you're going to be tempted to throw it at someone because you think they might have voted differently. What that was wrong with us as a society. We live in a democracy which was celebrated through most of and will be celebrated immensely in the next few years, particularly as we approach the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Battle of Bunker Battle of Bunker Hill, and the Battles of Lexington and conquered, and in twenty twenty six the signing of the Declaration of Independence? Is it not possible for you to remain friends with someone who voted differently than you? And I'm really asking you on a one to one basis tonight, which I've never done before. I've approached this before, but I'm asking each of you to be willing to call and bear your soul if you have a family member, a relative, a neighbor, a friend who you come to realize voted differently than you voted for the Republican as opposed to the Democratic, or conversely voted for the Democrat is supposed to Republican. Are you going to take the advice of Yale Schools psychiatrist Amanda Calhoun again, This is one more of her soundbites with Joy Read and MSNBC cut number eight B. Please Rob So, I.
Speaker 4: Love that you asked this question because you know there is a push I think just a societal norm that if somebody is your family, that they are entitled to your time, and I think the answer is absolutely not.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: If you are going into a situation where you have family members, where you have close friends who you know have voted in ways that are against you, like what you said, against your livelihood, and it's completely fine to not be around those people and to tell them why, you know, to say, I have a problem with the way that you voted because it went against my very livelihood and I'm not going to be around you this holiday.
Speaker 5: I need to take some space for me.
Speaker 2: That is psycho babel insanity. Psychle babel insanity. And I know from the network that this professor or doctor is appearing on MSNBC. I know from what perspective that is being offered. How how elitist is it for someone in your family or for you to say to someone in your family, I know how you voted, and because I now know how you voted, I want nothing to do with you. If you want to, if you want to define elitism, put this psychiat picture in the dictionary. So I want to hear from you if you are whoever you were for and if you're telling me that you cannot go to a family Thanksgiving dinner and at least treat your family members and your relatives and your friends and your neighbors respectfully. The election is over. It's over, okay, And whether Professor Amanda Calhoun likes it or not, apparently the candidate that she voted for for president did not get sufficient number of votes to become the president elect, and that that president elect will become president. As I said when Joe Biden was president, he's my president. I had that conversation many times with some of the people who were continuing to question the legitimacy of the twenty twenty election. This is a cancer within our society and it can be traced back. You know, this is not the first year. Twenty twenty wasn't the first year. Twenty sixteen wasn't the first year. It goes back a long way. It goes back a long way and is destructive. So I'm going to open it up, and I'm hoping to hear from people on both sides of the political spectrum, an acknowledgement, an acknowledgement that guess what, you know, each of us have a choice in a democracy That's what a democracy means. Each of us has a choice to make, and the elections over the time to criticize the new administration begins on January twentieth when they take office. You could criticize some of the cabinets elections, that's fine. But to say that you want to cut off relations and tell some family member that somehow they are not worthy of your time because they have a different political viewpoint? Is that? Where is that where this country's headed? Six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Those lines are full. Six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Let's get at it. And I hope to hear from people on both sides of the aisle. Please don't disappoint me. And also I hope this. Remember this the only thing worse than a sore loser, And you can look up sore loser and there's Yale School psychiatrist Amanda Calhoun's picture. The only worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. Remember that back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Here, let's go, Let's go to Steve and Boston. Steve you're going to start us off tonight.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hey, Dan, thanks to take my call.
Speaker 2: Welcome Steve. What's your thought on this?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 6: So I'm just gonna make three points and then I'll hang up and I'll listen. But first point, my wife is distraught about the election, and I say to her, if you have a friend that's Jewish, would you not sit down and have Thanksgiving with them? And she said, well, of course I would. And I said, well, what's the difference if somebody has different religious views, of different political views, why are we Why are we making such a fuss here? We can agree to disagree. A few years ago, and I'm not a fan, but Ellen DeGeneres said something. She went to a football game with George Bush, and all of Ellen's fans criticized her for that, and she said, hey, I'm friends with the guy. He's a good guy. We have different political views. Why can't I still be friends with him? And I thought that was pretty cool. My last point is the society that we have is because we give too many voice. Too many people on the far right the far left the voice. They are the minority. The people in the middle are the majority. But we give the people on the extremes too much of a voice. I'll hang up and listen from here. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, I just don't don't hang up for a second. Let me just tell you I think those are three really interesting points, and hopefully some of our listeners will we hardy did I hang up? I think the points he made were pretty interesting. I was unfamiliar with the Ellen degenerous story, but that that does not surprise me. I think most of us are very accepting of different religious viewpoints that our friends might might hold. There was not a time, there was a time in this country where that was not necessarily true, okay, And I think we have as a country we have evolved out of that. And I think very few people that I know hold any antipathy towards people because of their religious viewpoints. I think there are so many religious viewpoints. I mean, you know, someone explained to me that between an Episcopalian and a Presbyterian and a congregational incident whatever, that's it just is. It is an interesting point that Steve made. I wish he had had had stuck with us. The problem is that that sometimes sports the only thing that's analogous is sometimes sports fans engage in literally fisticuffs at games. Now generally there's a healthy portion of alcohol involved there. But at the top of the latter is this deep divide politically which the country has survived. I mean, we have survived Democratic and Republican presidents. We've survived presidents who you know, you couldn't if I mentioned the name, you know, James Garfield. There's not too many people who could tell me what year off the top of their head he was elected. Uh, you know, James Buchanan, whatever, Millard Fillmore. I mean, did you survive presidents who you know, at times the country was growing and developing. You have, you know, great Democratic presidents. Franklin Roosevelt would be one that I think of immediately effective Democratic presidents. Bill Clinton may have had his his his problems, but I think he was an effective president, learned how to work with Republicans in Congress. Ronald Reagan, John Kennedy, I think they were effective presidents. Dwight eisenhowerd Harry Truman. And again, you know, Barack Obama deported three million people. Uh, you got to keep that in mind. I don't know how many people Donald Trump hopes to deport, how many he will deport all of those if people just don't I think maybe part of is we really don't understand politics is too complicated. Maybe I don't know. Well we're talking about it. I've tried to set it up as best I can as now up to you, folks six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I was going to ask Steve. He said that his wife was despondent. He and his wife may have voted the same way. I was hoping to ask him what they were doing for Thanksgiving and were they going to meet with relatives. I mean I kind of imagine as a family in America. I mean an extended family in America in which all voted one way or the other. The exit polls defy that theory. The exit polls defy what Professor Amanda Calhoun was spouting to Joy Read on MSNBC. Back on Nightside, here's the news. We'll pick it up right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the phones we go, Let's go toos. Up next, Joe and Walpole. Joe, you're next on Nightside. Welcome, Yes, Hi Dan, how you doing I'm going fine. The question is how are families going to do this Thanksgiving? I mean, I know there'll be someone to say, well, we do God, I have any political conversations. I think that's a cop out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think political conversations at family dinners are are a relatively natural thing. Listen, Dan, We're a highly political country, and and that and that can and and that can be very healthy. Some of the most bright ideas came from the founding fathers talking about political ideas in the bar room back during the revolution. So there shouldn't be anything wrong with families talking politics. But I think where the main problem comes from in our country is and this is a relatively new thing. I studied a lot of history in high school in college, and I think a lot of it comes from there's this fear mongering that's starting to happen, and I think it's started in the eighties about where the candidates in the media can make you believe that your brother, if they voted for Trump, hates everybody hates everybody that's not white, or if your sister voted for Kamala, she hates white men. And I think that's it's very strange and I think that's where that lady you were talking about. I think that's where she goes wrong. Oh you need a break from your family because of their political view. Well, if you don't spend time with your family, and all you can think in the back of your brain is all day voted for so and so, how are you gonna build your relationships. I went to California over the summer last year for a wedding, and my side of the family that lives here in Massachusetts, including myself, a lot of them are Republicans. But I went to my mother's side of the family, who are quite liberal. They're all Democrats. And you know, looking back on my cousin and I's relationship, we had some pretty bad back and forth on Facebook, and both sides are guilty. And you know what, I'm so embarrassed. And I said to him, Hey, let's put this aside. We're not going to agree on anything, but let's enjoy our time together as a family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, that's one way to go about it. Obviously. The other way to go about it is say, hey, look, all points of view are welcome here. Do what we try to do. One nights, I give everybody a chance to talk about it. I mean, I can. Obviously, there was a lot of anger after the twenty twenty election. We saw it played out in Washington, d C. Sadly, and there were, you know, allegations that that turned out not to be true, the election was stolen, et cetera. We just ran a very reasonable, rational, competent election. I don't think there's anyone running around right now saying that the twenty twenty four presidential election was fixed. I think Democrats are admitting Trump won. There were a lot of Republicans that did not admit that Biden won in twenty twenty. Shame on them. And kudos to President Biden for meeting President Trump the other day and spending some time with him, even though the language that they both used during the campaign was above was beneath the office they that they both ones held correct.
Speaker 5: Correct, No, you hit it right on the head there. You know, we can all learn from the interaction between President Biden and President elect Trump. I mean, if them two guys can uh somehow forge an understanding, I think that the gen Z grand grandchild can form a path with their grandparents.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree with it more very nice nicely said Joe, Thank you much.
Speaker 5: Appreciate your time, Thank you my call. Have a good night.
Speaker 2: You're more than welcome. Thank you for joining us. Ladies, don't let this one be dominated by the men. I want to hear women's voices on this. Whomever you voted for, whomever, and if you disagree with me, I mean, if you just contolerate the thought of being in the same room or in the same house with someone who's political viewpoints are different than yours, and and resulted in I guess, uh, each of you eliminating the value of your vote was was in effect compromised by the vote of something. Maybe that's what it is down deep. They think that somehow their vote is more important. I don't think so. I don't think so. Let me go to Rick in North Reading. Rick, you were next on nightside. Welcome.
Speaker 7: Hey, Hey Dan, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 7: Uh, yeah, you're doing well great, Thanks thanks for asking. Yeah, I just want to talk a little bit about what happened over the weekend. I was actually gathering with my friends, right, and apparently we're talking about the conversa Kamala and uh, I don't actually remember who exactly that I voted for. But I did hear a lot of my friends there's super upset for trom winning election and all that, and.
Speaker 2: You don't waste you don't remember who you voted for.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because we're wearing Massachusett, right because regardless, it's always going to be a Democrat.
Speaker 2: So oh, no questions about that. But I would think you still would remember who you vote. But that's okay.
Speaker 6: Maybe I do remember.
Speaker 7: I do remember I voted no to question two though, That's what I do remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that was important to you. Okay, fine, so so go ahead, continue to stro. I didn't mean to interrupt your go ahead?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, right? Uh so I think they so a lot of my friends, I would say a majority of my friend there are Harris supporter, right And to me myself, I'm more like independent, I would say. And I do understand where they're coming from. And I do have a lot of other friends that are supporting Trumba, and I do understand where they're coming from. And I think in this country, even though what people may have different political point of view, but we can still be friends. It's just that when we're talking about instead of debating or being angry, we're just we're just chat about what's going to happen to our life. What are some of implications from that? And to me, I feel like what we really should do is to keep whatever we have in common, and we embrace that, and we just leave whatever we have, whatever the differences we have, to ourselves. That's how I feel, Yeah, myself, And go ahead.
Speaker 2: I said, I wish more people felt like like you felt. You said that you're an immigrant. What country did you come here from? If I could ask?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: From China? So what happened? Yeah? What happened in China is that you don't actually have a freedom to speech, right. You can't really.
Speaker 2: Unless you're a party member, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, and you basically you don't actually have your freedom to express whatever the politic or idea you have. And what I'm hoping for is that we don't turn the country I'm living in right now to the countries that I moved out of.
Speaker 2: How difficult was it for you to get out of China? I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: It wasn't hard for me though, because I came here as a college student, and I got a job after graduation, get a green card, and get married here and all that, it wasn't that hard. But right now, nowadays, it will be pretty hard for a lot of people to get her legally. It's really hard to get a visa.
Speaker 2: I haven't I haven't talked to many people who have gotten out of China. So I'm going to take advantage of the opportunity. I assume you have family. If you're recently out of college, I assume you still have family back in China.
Speaker 7: Now I'll be out of college for over ten years.
Speaker 2: Tell you, well, I considered that pretty recent wreck. To be honest with, It's okay. If I told you what year I got out of college, you'd be stunned. But I assume you must have family back in China. Parents, I do, Siblings.
Speaker 7: I do, I do, I do have a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, are you able to go back for a visit or do you fear going back for a visit? You would have problems getting.
Speaker 7: Out, so so going back and visiting them it was totally fine. It's just that especially lazily from time to time. What happened was that sometimes when I was FaceTime my friends or my family member back in China, right and we're using a FaceTime and then a few days later, the local cops may just give them a suppresident of saying, hey, don't use FaceTime anymore, I can use whatever the Chinese social apps, So that that's what happened. But just going back there to them mostoryfying.
Speaker 2: Wow, boy, I kind of imagine the decisions that you had to make upon graduation, graduating from college. It had to be very, very difficult, and you above all realize what a great gift we have in this country. And as some perhaps said, if we lose this country to either the right or the left, where where will the people who are fall out of favor? Where will they go? You know? I mean there's there's people from all over the world who are coming here to escape countries like China and to escape you know, dictatorships, whether it's you know, in Latin America rather you know, in Cuba, or or or in Latin America or in other you know, I mean, there are people you can't even get out of North Korea. I mean, that's that's worse than China. Even so, welcome, welcome. I I hope you're on your path to citizenship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I am actually so good for you. Good for you well, yeah, and also just one more common before I hand out, because I really have to go. I think when I'm when I when I first came to the United States, I heard a lot about this mentality of no judgment, right, and so to me, the the no judgments really to try to well, I guess for me, it's rude to understand whatever the decision people make that I don't actually understand. If you make a decision that I actually don't understand, if you have a point of view that I really don't understand, I'll leave it to yourself because I believe you, as a grown, grown man or grown adult, you have your your room mentality, right, instead of just trying to argue that's what I'm thinking, Yeah, No.
Speaker 2: I think that's you know, I would and I don't understand someone's circumstances or that's why I asked you what it was like, because I don't get an opportunity to ask someone like you who have had the courage to stay here, uh and and and leave behind what you have known. That's a difficult that's a difficult decision for anyone to make. So I just want to stay welcome, and this is your first time call on my show.
Speaker 7: Uh no, that's for my second time.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you come buy more frequently, okay, Rick, that would be that would be great. Well, all right, did you get a round of applause the first time? Uh?
Speaker 7: I think I did.
Speaker 2: I think we give round of applause the first time calls. I want to make sure that that you got to get round of applause and come on back many times. I really appreciate you listening, and I really enjoyed the conversation. Thank you much.
Speaker 7: All right right, thank you, have a good one.
Speaker 2: Have a great night, Rick, congratulations. That's it. That's it. That's the type of call that that you can only do and talk radio. Meaning he's as honest as the day is long, and all of us should have been able to take a lesson there. Okay, I got some quiet lines here what they don't like. So I'm going to basically give the numbers real slowly here six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. The question is all of us, well most of us, hopefully all of us, but most of us will be at a family gathering. I mean, I know there will be some people who will still be alone. Unfortunately, if there is someone who lives near you who's truly alone, make sure they're incorporated, bring them, bring them with you, or or invite them to wherever you're going, or if you're hosting someone, there should always be room for one more. We're all Americans and it doesn't matter. Feel free to follow that advice. But call give me a call. I'd love to know. Should politics be off the table on Thanksgiving? I think it's healthy for us to understand that, hey, you voted for someone different than me, but you still remember my family. We're still friends or we're neighbors, and those votes probably cancel each other out. So what doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter, and you don't have to hold entity against people with whom you disagree politically. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty Back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go gonna go to Mark, Mark, you were next on Nightside. Thanks you again, thanks.
Speaker 8: For taking my call. I voted for Kamala Harris for president, but I have a good friend, a neighbor who voted for Donald Trump, And from the beginning, I've taken the attitude that he was entitled to his opinion and that I was glad he was a voting period. Since the election, his out of town family have pretty much ostracized him, I mean, give him a real, real hard time for voting for Trump, and hinted broadly that since he lives pretty much entirely on disability benefits, that he shouldn't be allowed to vote at all, and might not. I mean, I thought we took care of that issue with the Voting Rights Act of nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, absolutely, you're right in the money on this one. And again, you're a Harris supporter. I know that you're very much a Democrat, and I think.
Speaker 8: Though you've heard my criticism of the Democratic Party establishment on the elite is a missue. The content evans for money and all that, and I think you can't hear me, but I was very sad to hear what my friend's family had done to him, or tried to do to him.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree with you, and I hope that you support your friend. And you know what, by being good to your friend, maybe he will realize that there's people on both sides of the equation, both sides of the isle, and your proof of that that are decent human beings. And I thank you for your call mark as always. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you, great call.
Speaker 2: Mark, great call Thank you so much. Jamie is in Worcester. Jamie, you're next on Nightsig go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey Dan, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine, Jamie, you go ahead. What's your thoughts on this issue we've tried to open up tonight.
Speaker 9: Well, I got a brother that actually worked for on on the on the side for Joe Biden. He was she was her. He was her which we call it planner because he does planning for hotels and stuff and restaurants and stuff. So he met the daughter somehow and they got a job and he became her itinerary planner.
Speaker 2: So he became I just want to make sure I follow this. He became the itinerary planner for Joe Biden's daughter.
Speaker 9: Well, she met Joe Biden's daughter and helped her with some promotion, and she introduced him to Joe Biden, and all of a sudden he became Joe Biden's like a itenerary planner. Like they went to the Olympics and he planned that and.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, fine, okay, yep, okay, And again, how is this person related to you? And know I missed that part of you. Oh he's my brother, your brother, Okay, great? Well good. So so he's he's had access to the White House. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 9: So the four years and Trump was in office, he was vicious to me and my father because you know, we were Trump supporters, and every day he was sending me messages on my phone saying this and that whatever. But anyways, so Trump won this election and me and my dad probably supported Trump even though he wanted us to support Harris, of course. Yeah, and so we're still Every Thanksgiving we go to Provincetown to visit him, and it's he has a house down there, and we all go down there. We spend a couple of days and stuff. So it's still on, which I was surprised. I was wondering if it was canceled. But it wasn't canceled. So we're going on. But I'm like, no, I don't think we're gonna bring up the topic of Trump, you know, like I'm just gonna keep quiet and hope he hasn't like sending any shop comments back at me about it.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, it kind of a difficult spot to be in because obviously you're a guest at your brother's place. I would hope you know, again, as I said before, you know, but if people are sore losers, that doesn't set a great example. You know. But and also you don't you don't want to be a bad winner. So if it does come up, big, be magnanimous, say something like, uh, well maybe Harris will get elected next time. That's probably not gonna happen. But you know, I.
Speaker 9: Go down, I go down to privatize because my father's he is, Oh, we can't drive down there, so I have.
Speaker 2: To tell yeah, oh no, take it. You know what, you don't know how many thanksgivings you're gonna have with your dad, and for that matter, you don't know how many thanksgivings you're gonna have with your brother, So enjoy the day. If if politics comes up, I'd be prepared and I'd say, look, you know, we were lucky, we won. Uh let's see what he can do and who knows. Maybe, yeah, just you're.
Speaker 9: Gonna me like, you know, you voted, but Trump you didn't thing, and he's like trying gotta take me on it. I'm like, I'm gonna play dumb, like a just voted for what I thought was the best candy.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. Yeah, that I exercised. I I believe that the democracy. I believe in democracy, and and I I don't have to tell anyone who I voted for. Remember there were the ads where they were encouraging women, you know, you know, the you know, you don't have to tell your husband who you vote for. As it turned out, I think it was fifty two percent of women voted for Donald Trump. So right, you know, keep some of those statistics in the back of your mind. Jamie, this is your first time calling.
Speaker 9: No, no, yeah, it's my first time.
Speaker 2: I've got all you on and flaws. Now what I want you is become a regular caller. Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 9: I listen to you every time I got to work. I work at a package store, so I get out late night and I have you you on my radio.
Speaker 2: Any night, any night. You could check us out on our podcast too, if some of the earlier hours you might miss. You can follow us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. Or whatever you want. And there's a lot of great programming you're missing while you're working, so you can always listen to it the next day. Think about that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, I know that it's great, and I just enjoy your show. I found you on my phone on my radio because I get out at eleven o'clock at night. I'm looking at for something on the radio and I just found you and I like you.
Speaker 2: So I like you too, Jamie. Have a great Thanksgiving and say give our best to your dad and your brother. Okay, that will really drive him crazy. Thanks man, tell too soon. We went a little Thanks Jamie went a little long there, but we'll be back. Feel free fill these phone lines up. Coming back on night Side