Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the Great America, welcome this Friday afternoon in the tri said, of course, three to five inches, maybe two to four inches are coming your way with Ted McKay starting about three or four o'clock today. On top of the twelve inches. I'm getting reports that I have to have pureval was sighted somewhere on South Beach in Miami about four or five days ago during this storm. Which is what Democratic mayors do. They simply get out of town, whether it's Africa or the South Beach when there's a crisis. Count on the Democratic mayors and other mayors to do absolutely nothing except to exacerbate the problem. Plus, we had the Carter funeral of yesterday. That was a great viewing. Jimmy Carter lived for over one hundred years. It was a terrible president, but did much better in the post presidency. Plus we had the Trump sentencing and more. Jony you and I now is Mac Marianni, a history professor at the Xavier University and Professor Marianni. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Mack, how are you. I'm doing very well. Thanks thanks for having me. I do want to always first of all say I don't speak for Xavier University, but I'm happy to share my, you know, my thoughts about what I think is a pretty important moment in American politics. I think, particularly for those of us who are on the older side like me, UH, to see, you know, Jimmy Carter live to this long age, and and to think about what what he got to observe and see over the course of his lifetime, and his contributions obviously to UH, to American politics, good and bad. I think that's a that's a pretty pretty interesting event in American politics and political history.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I did make the point to a friend of mine this, this will never happen again to have five presidents together in one location along with their spouse's minus Michelle. And nobody wants to be around Michelle Obama anyway, so it was good she didn't show up, But nonetheless, to have these five there and to watch the interactions, this will never happen again. I think it's you're a history kind of a guy. Maybe there's never been at one point five presidents alive at the same time.
Speaker 3: Is that, Oh, that's all That's a good good, that's a good question. I'd have to think that sometime in the like eighteen seventies or eighties, we probably did, and the early presidents right were around you had Washington, Well, Washington died early those ninety six Yeah, you might be right.
Speaker 4: You might be right.
Speaker 3: I'd have to go back and look at that, I think, you know, I think one of the interesting things to think about is when you look at those presidents sort of lined up. One is the interactions that they have with one another, which is sort of interesting to see, and and the different sort of approaches to their post presidencies individually that that have gone about. But you also see this sort of transition, you know, between.
Speaker 4: You know, not in terms.
Speaker 3: Of age, because now I think our current president was the oldest one there, but the the idea that you know, the American politics has changed substantially from the seventies. I mean, one of the things that sometimes we get kind of caught up in is the sort of un you know, the unfinished business that we have as a country to you know, to sort of live out the promises of the Declaration of Independent and we're certainly always striving to do that and we're always sort of coming short. But when you look at the changes that have happened in American history, whether it comes to civil rights or even economic freedoms and uh speech and other things like that. There's there's been, uh, there's been so many dramatic changes that have taken place. I think mostly for the good that have that I've seen over the course of my lifetime. And those presidents were you know, we're we're involved in a lot of those different decisions and had to sort of make decisions that that ends up impacting the country and impacting the freedoms that we enjoy every day. So it's it's sort of interesting to look at that transition from what the country used to be in the you know before before Jimmy Carter, and to see where we are right now.
Speaker 1: And you go back maybe about a week or so, there were six presidents alive at the same time. Bill Clinton, yeah, he's more or less alive, and uh Bush forty three, he looks terrible, and uh Barack Hussein Obama actually looks pretty good. And then throw on top about Donald Trump. He looks good for a seven eightyear old. Then you have Joe Biden, he looks bad for an eddy two year old. Then you had Jimmy Carter, who looked terrible to be one hundred years old. So when was the last time there were six presidents alive simultaneously as of about a week ago. Think about that, one, professor, it is amazing.
Speaker 3: And again going back to Carter, like I see Carter as this sort of transitional figure, right, he saw he saw a transition in the South on civil rights. You know, at various points of his career came down on either side depending on what was politically advantageous at the time. He oversaw a transition in the party. I mean, you look back if you listen to JFK's inaugural address and in his talk about him, certainly it's a it's a pro government but you know, he had expansive ideas about government. But it was a very optimistic vision. It was a pro growth vision. It was to some extent America centered, certainly American values centered, and somewhat militaristic. Uh you get you know, you get to Carter, you get to Obama. You know, it's a much more dubvish and globalistic part than it used to be. Uh, you know, America the idea of America first is sort.
Speaker 4: Of very contrary to to sort of.
Speaker 3: Their approach to to looking at looking at policies, and you see that in Carter. Carter was a perfect example that with the Panama Canal. Right, I mean the idea that f K would have given away the canal and the strategic given the strategic importance of that of that of that particular piece of property is it's impossible to believe.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: But by by the time you get to Carter, it's post Watergate, it's post Vietnam. The party changed dramatically and really set the set the tune for you know, about forty forty five years of uh, you know, Republican versus Democratic battles.
Speaker 1: I love speaking to historians. I have this theory which a few people have accepted most of not that for about one hundred years in the South, the Democratic Party attacked civil rights. The Democratic Party was the Confederacy. The Democratic Party was lynching folks. The Democratic Party was the ku klux Klan. The Democratic Party was all about segregation. And the federal courts in the nineteen fifties got involved and said to the Democrats, guess what the fourteenth Amendment will be expanded, And that means federal courts who have jurisdiction over you Democrats, because you Democrats aren't treating black folks like human beings. Flip ahead about half a century. Now we have again, in my viewpoint, the Democratic Party, especially the big urban cities, are attacking civil rights once again. From a different perspective. What they're saying now in New York City is we can use the court system to indict, convict and sentenced to nothing of President Donald Trump this morning, for example, we can go after and Los Angeles and Chicago Republicans to make sure they're unelected. That it looked like to me for one hundred years the Democratic Party was under attack, and finally the federal Court said you can't do that anymore. And now the opposite is taking place. In a sense once again, the Democratic Party is saying, we're going to sentence our political opponent to jail or try to get them in jail so they can't run again. And now this US Supreme Court said yesterday five to four that well, because there's going to be no sentence on this thing, that is not going to keep Trump from from going after the presidency and is getting ready to do so so. For one hundred years in the Democratic Party of post civil rights. Now they use the court system with Daniel Penny the marine and subway to go to make a political point, and now the federal courts against stepping in a CW. Wait a minute, Democrats, you did that for one hundred years.
Speaker 6: Stop it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: On the other side, here we are once again the Democratic Party ignoring federal law when it comes to a legal migration, their legal immigration. They're ignoring federal law again, and the courts are stepping in and saying, Democrats, you can't do that.
Speaker 6: Can you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I think the idea of one party rule, and certainly you look at the South and the you know, from the you know, eighteen eighties to the the nineteen sixties was essentially one you know, one party rule. The idea of the blue dog Democrat, right, you'd elected a dog before you would before you would elect a Republican was that was that resonated. It wasn't really until until the late seventies, probably early eighties, that you start to see real political competition in the South, and that you know, that has fundamentally changed the Republican Party. It's fundamentally changed the Democratic Party. I think everywhere you see one party complete dominance with no actual competition, you know, there's that's right for corruption, it's right for sort of the excesses of the parties. And in California and UH and what we're seeing there in terms of the sort of mismanagement of all of their institutions is is part partly due to the fact that there's nobody actually competing for political jobs.
Speaker 2: There's nobody actually putting political.
Speaker 3: Pressure on UH, on the Democrats who control who control California. That's bad for Democrats, it's bad for Republicans, and ultimately it's bad for governance because you really do need to have the parties hold each other accountable. You can't have a one party system, and it just doesn't work well.
Speaker 1: Kind of the core the Constitution is was always will be balance of power, dispersing it all over the place. When you have Democratic mayors in Denver, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and Karen bess is in way over her head saying we're not going to enforce federal law. Whatever the federal law says about participating with the marshals or ice in order to enforce federal law. We're not going to do that, and then in the school system, every kid's entitled to equality education. There's nowhere in urban America where the Democratic Party completely controls of public education in every major American city, and which is any good product coming out of the public school system because they're not enforcing the law to provide a quality education. In fact, CPS this week, there's been one day they've been in school this week, which was partially on Thursday.
Speaker 6: And that's it.
Speaker 1: And so the Democratic Party is a one voice in Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, every other major American city. And when the FED say this is federal law, in force it, Democratic mayor say, we're not going to force federal law. In the eighteen eighties or nineteen fifties, we're not going to force federal law.
Speaker 6: The same Democratic Party in the nineteen.
Speaker 1: Fifties who stood in the doorway of public education buildings saying you can't come in here, it's the same Democratic Party now saying forget about federal law. We're not going to help you, we're not going to enforce it. And something's got to be done now. Secondly, before we get into it, kind of give me your sense of Jimmy Carter's presidency Right now, I watch in MSNBC so you don't have to, and they're putting Jimmy Carter up there on Mount Rushmore. This guy was the precursor Ronald Reagan. He made all the right decisions he left office. You might remember maybe you're I don't know what age you are exactly, but in the nineteen early nineteen eighties there was a sense this guy is below James Buchanan, who led America into the Civil War. The voters at that point gave Jimmy Carter six states and Ronald Reagan forty four states. Then in nineteen eighty four they gave Ronald Reagan forty nine states, including California and New York State. Where does Jimmy Carter rankin and mac marianna Pantheon of Great Presidents?
Speaker 3: If anywhere, he's pretty he's pretty low.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I want to say that his.
Speaker 3: Political voice, you know, was moral, religious, and populist, and I think that that was something that resonated in nineteen seventy six when he was elected, the country was very disillusioned by its governmental institutions, by its leaders. He had Vietnam, he had Watergate, and his political voice was one that seemed honest and refreshing. But I think ultimately the problem for his presidency, and I think his post presidency to some degree, is that he sort of overcorrected.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: He looked at the problems that American policies had had created in part you look at supportive dictators in South America or the Middle East and whatever, and he went the opposite. He said, Okay, well, if our support of the Shah was bad, then and you know, we we can work with the Iyatola. And it turns out you can't work with the Iola. You know, if our support for dictators in South America was good, well then I can work with Javas, And you can't work with Javas because he's ultimately a dictator and a communist and anti American. And so he's sort of always over corrected.
Speaker 4: And uh, you know, he had good.
Speaker 3: Intention, like he always was on the side of democracy and and and giving people.
Speaker 4: Voice, but he was.
Speaker 3: Trying to overcome this idea, this sort of America first militaristic mentality and and and and by reacting doing the complete opposite, he often made the world a worse place. You know, the people in Venezuela. You know, lived for you know, for how many decades, you know, have lived in how many decades in poverty, in in fear, without freedoms. So likewise, the global terror state that the that Iran became because of his in actions and secklessness. We've lived with the consequences of that. He wanted peace, he worked for peace, but he was never really able to accomplish any of those goals, in part because you know, he always assumed the person on the other side of the table was a good and moral man like he was. Yeah, and the reality is that not everybody is.
Speaker 6: Yep, no question.
Speaker 1: And I look at nineteen seventy two with the killing of those Israeli wrestlers at the Olympics.
Speaker 6: That was awful.
Speaker 1: And then within seven years I had told a Komaney took over Iran because of certain factions within Iran. Now that has been the sight of evil for the past what forty five years. It's been awful, and Jimmy Carter was present and allowed many of those things to transpire. Now, lastly, a little bit of basketball. Now this is Friday afternoon. We've got some snow coming. Mac Marianni, Professor Xavier, Sean Miller and Wes Miller. It's Miller time and Cincinnati. When I watch U s here Xavier player, I need some Miller. I need some Miller lite. I got to start drinking at I know Sean Miller can coach because he's done it before. The team that took the court the other night against Saint John's was awful. The faithful we're leaving the Mount of Sentas Center early and booing as they left, an anger and with Wes Miller, My god, that team looks terrible. They go to Baylor and get hammered by twenty. Then they're going to play Kansas, I guess tomorrow. But do you have any hope for Xavior basketball? Do you have any hope?
Speaker 2: Well, I need hope.
Speaker 3: I need I think it's I think it's I think it starts with the coach. And you know, I think Sean Miller is you know, I think he's he's he's the right leader. I mean, he's proven it again and again. I think the challenge, I mean, we're in the speaking of transitional periods, you know, dealing with the new realities of college basketball that you're not you're not going to get the opportunity to develop players. Over the course of four years, you're really creating a new team almost every year. And you know, and I think some of the benefit of coaching coach Lake Miller is that he's got a system, and he's got and he's and he can work with people and improve them. But that that year has sort of disappeared pretty quickly, and so coach coacheslake Miller are gonna have to are adjusting to the new reality. And college is Lake all around the country are having to deal with that. I'm not an expert in basketball, but I believe that that Miller's the right was and is the right guy. And you know, we'll find we'll find our way through this.
Speaker 1: Freemantle makes about four hundred thousand dollars a year to play basketball. He's making it for like five years because he keeps getting hurt. I don't think if Professor Xavier makes four hundred thousand dollars a year, and the NIL is a new world and if you're not if a player isn't happy, you'll simply leave go play somewhere else. But lastly, did what happened this morning? Did Donald Trump give a ruby red prosecutor say in Georgia and outside of Atlanta, or in Florida or in Ohio, the opportunity to indict someone running for the presidency on the Democratic side, bring them to trial and species charges that make no sense, convict that Democratic candidate and take him off the ballot. Does what happened to Judge Marshawn and the failure of New York legal circles give license to red ruby red prosecutors in red states to indict the Democratic nominee, bring him the trial and bs charges, convict him, sentenced him to nothing.
Speaker 6: What do you say about that, Professor.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I think the.
Speaker 3: When you look at this era of lawfair against Trump, I think one of the things that's become clear is it doesn't work good politically. And and you know, I think the real danger for anybody who's like, I'm going to do this to my political enemies is you end up making them stronger. You may you end up making them appear to be the victim of you know, malicious prosecution and political vendetics.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And I think that, more than anything else, helped Trump restore his image, not because necessarily because of anything he did, but because of the sort of realization that you know, the system ought not work this way, so it's a bit of a farce. I think that the American people obviously have generally generally agree on that, given the results of November fourth. So you know, the danger for any Republican thinking that they should do this is, you know, is it politically it doesn't actually work.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: I think that, you know, hopefully people sort of recognize that this is this is something we should put behind us.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: On either side, I hope, But mac marian, I wish I could come back to Savior and being the class of Roger Forton and a guy named Professor Simon. The kids at Xavier are blessed to guys like you there would common sense give my best to the president and keep Hope alive. It's Miller time, and if they keep playing like this at Xavier, the crowd will be drinking lots of Miller to get out of the arena. But we got some winds ahead of us, I hope, So maybe pay freemanle more money, and that that Gisel guy you see to making six.
Speaker 4: Hundred thousand professors are willing.
Speaker 3: Professors like me are willing to take endorsements too, So if anybody wants me to get some nil money, there's no reason I can't be part.
Speaker 1: Of the nil an get some nil All right, professor, you're the best. God bless you and God blessed Savior, all for one and one for all.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you, God bless America.
Speaker 6: Let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: I'm we're in my Savior garb today to piss off everybody here, Let's continue with more on news radio seven hundred WLW. I believe I'm the great American. Tap you with me today. So much going on, so little time. Have a text here from Tom weed Man, the weed Man of Sycamore Township, who says, let me help you with your presidential history. From twenty oh one till June fifth, twenty oh four, which is what about three years, there were five presidents alive Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and GW.
Speaker 6: Bush.
Speaker 1: Reagan passed away, reducing it to four. I asked the question now two weeks ago, but just before Jimmy Carter died, there were six presidents live. Six that's got to be an all time record. Maybe the historian will let me know what's going on. Has there ever been a time in American history where there was six living presidents alive. I don't think so, but six seems like a lot. We'll see what happens. Secondly, I want to say that Jesse Brewer and I have a call in to Jennifer Ketchmark to come on with me at two o'clock today if she's available. That Boone County, according to Jesse Brewer, who runs Boone County with an iron grip, is going to make some of his snow trucks available to the city of Cincinnati this afternoon and evening. He said, we can quickly clean up the roads in Boone County. They're clean already and ready to go. But if I have to have peer of All needs some help get a hold of Boone County. And that's the case in almost every democratically controlled area. In theory it makes sense and reality it doesn't work. Liberalism and DEI does not work well when reality sets in. So we want to thank Jesse Brewer of Boone County, the commissioner there an form a half to Pureval who I was told during the crisis of about a week ago he was in South Beach in Miami, sunning himself, much like Karen Bass, the mayor of La was in Africa kind of representing the US at the at the swearing inn of a Ghana president. That's where she needed to be. And some might say, well, you know what when it comes to that, she didn't know what was going to happen in the future. But the problem is this, according to my researchers, of which I have many, on Thursday of last week, eight days ago, the National Weather Service warn the strong winds and extremely dry conditions would soon threaten the city of Los Angeles. That was on Thursday, what eight days ago, So that was a problem. And she left for Ghana on Saturday, two days later, and she stayed there for three days before she returned on Wednesday and came back because her city was literally on fire and burning. And Karen Bess's main qualification to be the mayor of Los Angeles, number one, it was a Democrat because in La San Francisco, Oakland, California, you can't find a Republican with a search warrant.
Speaker 6: It don't exist.
Speaker 1: And that the number one goal of the LA Fire Department, according to the chief, was to issue a memo that there's not there's an insufficient numbers of LGBTQ plus members in the LA Fire Department. A scribe was heard to relate, you know, whenever I call for assistance from fire or ems, I want to make sure the person's showing up to put out the fire looks like me, which I don't think is the case, but she thinks it is the case. So between DEI, which the LA Fire Department spends twenty eight million dollars a year on DEI principles, I'm not sure what that has to do with fighting fires. I would assume nothing, But nonetheless, the LA Fire chief says she was super inspired bringing more women and specifically LBTQ identifying persons into fight fires, and the scribes that I'm sure it's a real comfort to those whose homes are lost that the right kind of person is not trying to put out their fire.
Speaker 6: So in most cities it is ripe.
Speaker 1: No one can fairly say that the city manager of the City of Cincinnati share Along would have the position if she was a married, white female. Simply wouldn't happen. She's in way over her head. Her main qualification is she filled a racial priority. She filled a DEI requirement that's how she got the job. To go a little bit deeper. In the nineteen eighty eight, state of California pass Proposition one O three, which gave the California Department of Insurance the power to approve rates or even roll back the rate increases through insurance companies. So insurance companies that want to raise rates now have to go through a regulatory process that can take about one to two years before they can raise anyone's rates, hindering their ability to adequately adjusted rates to cover losses and assess risk. So what's happening when you can't make money? What's happening when the state of California, the Islamic state of California takes over, well, the insurance companies leave the state. I saw in one of the LA channels that seventy five percent of those who've lost their homes are not insured because they couldn't get insurance because of the incapability of California to properly regulate what's happening there. Head on top of that, the general incompetence of Los Angeles, for example nine in two thousand and fourteen, the state of California, the voter said, you know, we can't take this so much anymore. We need to build a lot more reservoirs, We need to have a lot more fire control, because it's getting worse, is not getting better. So in twenty fourteen, they passed a new law that authorized State of California to spend approximately two two point seven billion dollars for water storage and for reservoir creation. Stave funds can be used for public benefits as well, including salm to protection, recreation, and flood control. So the good citizens in twenty fourteen passed this huge water bond ballot initiative that authorized the creation of new reservoirs and several other water infrastructure projects, including huge storage tanks and projects, and also with some concern for fish species. So since then, Gavin Newsom, the governor, about two years ago proudly proclaimed that he had destroyed four dams to allow the schmeltfish and salmon to properly spawn. That somehow these dams that create trillions and trillions and gallons of water were affecting the schmelt population. As a consequence, he out of news conference saying he's going to continue to listen to the voters. As of twenty fourteen, but none the les. It gives them the authority to have salmon fish, recreational and flood control. Also, and by the way, dams are the main reason to have reservoirs is that you have unlimited supplies of water and also you have ability for drinking water, et cetera. Like in the Ohio River right now, there's dams here, there and everywhere. The pool stage is about twenty six feet. We have plenty of fresh water right there whenever we need it. But not in California. The California DEI government wants to eliminate dams, ignore the will of the voters, and not have the ability to have pottable drinking water and also put out fires because it doesn't fit DEI goals and principles. Because of the shmeltfish, it keeps them from spawning. So now here we sit now and they've run out of water. They do not have drinking water in Los Angeles largely, and they do not have the ability to fight fires. Because DEI principles have taken over California. One can only ask have they had enough? Will this change the politics of California? I say probably not. Has it changed the politics in New York City, where passengers on subway trains are set on fire, women are raped, and the murder rate's gone up sixty percent in the last three years. I don't think so in Chicago, that's largely a destroyed city in which no one's joining the police department or fire department. Not Downtown businesses are fleeing in droves, and it's impossible to get a have a meal downtown anymore because of homelessness. The water Tower, fabulous indoor shopping center is gone out of business because customers flee with their feet, which is the rider trucks only go one direction out of California, and so instead of dealing with important stuff such as drinking water in an area that's largely a desert. Most of California is a desert, but the northern part has plenty, plenty of water. In fact, trillions and trillions and gallons of water fall in northern California every year. Instead of having the ability to have these huge storage deposts for water and also reservoirs, they don't do that because of the shmeltfish. Now they're running out of water. And of course Barbara Streissan has piped up this is all about climate change. Well, for twelve of the last sixteen years, the Democrats have controlled the presidency, and for the last quarter of a century, the Democrats have controlled the state of California politically every which way. So if after all this whatever they define climate changes being in the mitigation they'reof, if this is the result of their dominance in the state of California when I'm watching now on cable, if that is the result of democratic policies whatever they are, go in other direction. Don't keep doing the same thing anticipating a different result. So instead of DEI, how about dealing with storage tanks, instead of affirmative action and hiring quotas, how about dealing with reservoirs and dams that will allow Californians to have unlimit in access to water, which they should have. There's trillions and trillions and trillions and gallons of water dumped into the Pacific Ocean every year because California has stopped the ability to save these resources for something exactly like this, And it's sick and it's sad, and it continues. I predict nothing will change because I don't know. I can't think of any major Democratic city controlled by the liberal Democrats and DEI principles over the past half century that have gone from democratic rule to a republican rule. In fact, the opposite's taken place. Can you think of any democratic city in the top twenty or thirty in Cincinnati's rank, like thirty fifth, say, in the top forty, other than Miami Dade County, which is unified government. That's gone, Okay, we can't take this anymore. We can't live like this. The schools are completely dysfunctional. Hew CPS has been closed every day but one this week. They don't open anytime soon. Their product coming out of CPS absent Walnut is ridiculous. Not able to read the diploma. There's no failing of any grade. You simply are passed along. Behavior is awful. Seventy percent of the black boys are chronically absent. Overall, forty eight percent of the student population is chronically absent. On any one day, just pick one day. Schools in session, twenty five percent of the teachers don't show up.
Speaker 6: It is an absolute meltdown. Is there any change?
Speaker 1: Does anyone saying okay for the last twenty thirty forty years, we can't take this anymore. It doesn't work. Do the voter say, no, I'm voting out all these Democrats. Obviously they don't know what they're doing, because if they've known what they're doing, they would have done it. I want to get different people in there. When Liz Keating haven't been elected. Once the Cincinnati City Council ran again, she finished tenth in a nine field race, well financed, had been elected, great political name, Liz Keating couldn't win a damn thing in the city of Cincinnati, and two or three clowns were elected in her place. Is there any apprehension we're on the wrong path. No, No, So that's where we are because Cincinnati, Yes, we could have something like more floods coming, it's possible, or tornadoes.
Speaker 6: It's possible.
Speaker 1: And I'm very confident that outside of Hamilton County, the other counties can adequately deal with it in the right fashion. I have no confidence in Hamilton County's last city, of Cincinnati, to do anything right when it comes to law enforcement, or a public school system, or responding to an emergency. It's simply is not built that way. They don't care, And if the voters don't care, why should you? And I care? If they don't care. And I live in Hamlin County. We have two or three pretty good damned Democrats. They're good Democrats who are in public office, but the great majority are dysfunctional and they don't have to live like this. But I'm waiting for the example of whether it's New Yorkshire care. How about Oakland? The NAACP and Oakland said we can't take it anymore. We need law enforcement. Robberies and burglaries happening, car break ins. No one's ever arrested. You can steal up to one thousand dollars in Oakland or run out of the store with it and nothing happens. In fact, I think you're kind of a fool to pay. And this comes from the NAACP in Oakland. And so California right now has a special assession of the Legislature and Sacramento to deal with one thing. Now you would think it would be the fires. Am I right or wrong? We have serious problems. No, it's about funding the programs to obliterate and or confront Donald Trump and his immigration ideas. So the Legislature and Sacramento meeting Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then again today are dealing with funding programs to stop Donald Trump enforcing federal law in the state of California with no reference to the fires happening. God helps those who help themselves, and I couldn't care less who comes to put out a fire in my home. I don't want them to look like me. I don't care what they look like. This to your damn job should be a meritocracy. And on that front, we have a sheriff, Charmaine McGuffey, who earned her way to become the Sheriff of Hamlin County.
Speaker 6: She worked in the.
Speaker 1: Sheriff's department for thirty years, beginning as a low level CEO in the old workhouse, and after thirty years of working as a sheriff, we elected her to be the sheriff. That is the model of what should happen in democratically controlled cities and counties, because she knew where the bodies were buried all over Hamlin County and she worked at it for thirty years, going from a corporal, going from a CEO to a corporal, to a sergeant, to a lieutenant, to a captain to a commander. Now the sheriff. I couldn't care less about her sexual predilections, she's competent meritocracy. Well, a look at what's happening around the world, especially here in America.
Speaker 6: That is not the case.
Speaker 1: She's not the rule, she's the exception when it comes to democrats who are competent. Charmaine McGuffey was endorsed by me and also by Sheriff Simon Lease. Do you think side Lease knows what it takes to run the sheriff's department? Well, he wanted Charmaine McGuffey to be the sheriff enough said let's continue.
Speaker 6: It's kind of said, what's.
Speaker 1: Happening to our our major, magnificent, opulent cities, the envy of the world have fallen down in the disrepair and disrepute and they're not going to recover anytime soon. How long will it take New York City to recover? Or Atlanta or Washington, d C. How long will it take Houston or Chicago, Oakland, Spokane, Washington?
Speaker 6: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Until the voters themselves say, you know what, we can't take this anymore, it's wrong. Until that changes. God helps those who help themselves. And lastly, I'll say this that we have a circumstance where it appears that one political party. Of course, the Democrats wanted to conduct lawfare again as the leader of the opposite political party. And this morning it blew up in its face because most Americans understood from the beginning that the actions in New York City and Atlanta and jack Smith were politically driven not by crime and victims, but rather by politics to put the scarlet letter f felon on the head of Donald Trump, and it backfired magnificently. As Professor mcmarnie just said that at backfired Artum, I don't want Republicans going after a Democrat candidate because of politics any more than the opposite that took place. That's where we are. Well, let's continue with more after one o'clock today, I have Dan Schneider here from the Media Research Center about what's happening in California and what's happening to Donald Trump. What's happening all over the place, and that is the collapse of our major, magnificent cities because of policies implemented by the modern Democratic Party and the nineteen thirties, forties, and fifties, the Democrats in the South wiped out the civil rights of black folks. It took the Republicans to come to save them. Here we are today, and the Democrats and major cities and the state of California want to wipe out federal law inside their jurisdiction, just like the Democratic counterparts did over the last one hundred years. They want to ignore immigration laws in their state because it's not politically convenient to enforce federal law. Well, I'm sorry, that's not the way things are built. The Democrats were told for one hundred years, you can't treat black folks like that anymore. They got to have the right to vote, to buy homes, to live freely, and the Democrats said, no, they're chattel slaves. And we eventually won the court system many times took over parts of the South when the Democrats were in charge and said you can't do that to black citizens. Here we are one hundred years later, and the same thing is happening that Democrats and major cities want who ignore federal law, they do it now with Trump in charge at their peril. Twelve to fifty five Home a Year, Reds and Bengals and more. News Radio seven hundred WW Bill cunning in the Great America of course, economically, we look for a revitalization when Trump takes office on January the twentieth.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a slow haul.
Speaker 1: But one of the great concerns many Americans have and many economists have, is something called bricks. Now you may think bricks are something you put on the house, but bricks refers to a loose organization of five or six great economies Brazil and Russia, India, China, and South Africa, and more indicative willingness to join. And this would be like a second alternative source of economic strength around the world. And it would mean that the American dollar would not be a reserve currency, which is a really big deal. Joining you and I now is Kristin Briggs is the CEO of Hard Asset Management. Kristin Briggs, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all that I set it up correctly that bricks, especially with China being involved with Brazil and Russia, India, South Africa, is a mortal danger to the economic health of the United States of America.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right, and you pose a really good point here. Bricks is trying to undermine the financial stability the United States. If it wasn't such a problem, and if it wasn't literally on the top of Trump's list, he would not have come out in swinging on this one. Instead one hundred percent tariffs on anybody who undermines the US dollar and puts it as second class citizen. The thing that you've got to realize is of the original five countries, which have strong economics in their own right, but together the bricks nations now, which are about seventeen countries from the original two thousand and nine at the gate to today. The biggest change, I would say was the UAE United Arab Emirates joined, which is seven countries Abu Dhabi and Dubai and so forth, has a lot of oil impact. Iran now part of bricks. So what you've got here as a coalition of countries that have right now together a forty percent bigger GDP than the G seven. When you take out the six countries of the G seven, let the United States be standalone, they're over double our GDP. So Trump knows that it's not just an issue with the reserve currency status, it's a national security issue. In fact, in a recent conversation, I have with one of the leading House members. Chairman of one of the committees is point Plank, which he's going to have dinner with Trump this weekend. Said, if there's any one thing that you can destabilize a country, destroy the currency, and then there's nothing left in the country, because that is the bedrock of the financial system. Bricks have made no bones about it. Their goal is to undermine debate and decouple the dollar from oil and commodity trading as fast as they can, so that way our interest rates will skyrocket because no one will buy our debts. Why well, the debt's based in dollars. Look what's happening over the last year. So it's not inflation that's always running up these rates. It's the unwillingness of countries right now to buy our debt. That's your problem. And that's what Bridge is trying to do.
Speaker 1: Explain reserve currency, My producer may not fully understand it, though. If the world trade is funded and fueled and layered with the US dollar, the US dollar has great value. If, on the other hand, some other currency like the wand from China is going to be the reserve currency, then we're in trouble. Big trouble. In fact, we've done a lot of this to ourselves because of our debt and deficit. But explain to the American people what is reserve currency and how does that impact someone living in ames Iowa?
Speaker 2: Well? Good, Well, like you said, Iowa, I have relatives and aims as well as all in Iowa. So that's good, yeah, all of Iowa. Well, let's talk about what reserve currency means. First of all, when a country determines its asset base or asset classes, it's going to have a number of fundamentals things is going to strategically put in gold, silver, oil, and currency, currency being the liquid portion of all of those, Okay, the most liquid. So when you look at reserve currency, we are now from nineteen forty six, when ninety percent of the world transacted only in dollars and it was the number one reserve currency. Let me tell you where we're at today. We are now number six. In reserve asset we're number one, but we've dropped from ninety percent to forty nine percent. In daily transactions with the dollar, we're still number one because since nineteen forty six, there is a plethora of localized currencies out there that have subsequently been made to be their their number one go to sales transactional asset, which you know people think, oh, it's going to be crypto one day, it will not be crypto like in the sense what we have today. It's going to always be a localized currency, whether it's digital or in paper form. What we're looking at is losing the number one position in daily transactions. If we lose that, that means demand is shifting to other currencies, which it has since nineteen forty. The scary thing is, and Trump knows this is the number one national security riscue. Like I said earlier, it's number one with him right now. Because here's what the bricks represent. The bricks have two purposes. One's a coalition to bring financial instability to the United States, to create doubts so people stop buying the debt, people short the debt, or all together. They just eliminate the use of the dollar. That's the goal. Now in some degree that's already happened, or we would still get that ninety percentile from nineteen forty six. The second thing they're doing is military strategically located basis. This is the reason why number of years ago Trump set China represents the greatest risk, and the Bricks part of it because China is now moving on Greenland and they're moving just like they did the Soviet Union in the early sixties with Khrushchev and putting missiles in Cuba. Greenland represents it basically, it's an aircraft carrier. Look at Puerto Rico, it's an aircraft carrier. Hawaiian islands. These are strategic locations to put in military operations. Panama Canal. Why is he so worried about that, Well, because China, which is part of the Bricks, which is intend to do to undermine the dollar, undermin military, is now controlling Panama in violation of the treaty when Carters let Panama have the Panama Canal back. So now he's having to fight four fronts. He still has Ukraine in Russia, which rushes part of Bricks. He still has Hesbala, Israel and Iran. Iran is part of Bricks. He's still got the Panama Canal with China, and China is also interfering in Greenland, which is part of Bricks, which is the founding member. So when he says Bricks is the biggest threat, to the national security of the United States. Trump is right. He's always going to be proven right, whether it's the next day, the next year, or the next decade. The guy's as smart as a we have look at the sun as that one hundred and seventy IQ good looking kid Baron So and all his kids are smart because it comes from a good stock. Trump knows what he's talking about. Now, in order to defeat the bricks, he's gonna have to do one thing. In my company, we analyze things every day in real time, twenty four to seven. We never go to sleep. There's always people working around the clock to manage hard assets for individuals. Well, that's how Trump's going to have to manage bricks. In order to defeat the bricks, he can't go head to head. He's gonna have to find the cracks within the membership. And I think that's what's gonna happen, is he's going to go to the weakest links, cut deals, strategic deals, not just willing nearly throw a grenade and see what happens and where the casualties are, but more tactical, more surgical. I think we'll do is and this is what I would do and he's a smart guy, so I think he'll be able to relate to this, find the weakest link within an organization that you need to dismantle, subdivide that by taking a few pieces off to make the whole weaker than what was originally started. And next thing, you know, the rest will follow suit. They'll want to cut deals, they'll want to say, Okay, we're back on the dollar, We're gonna go ahead and business with you, and all of a sudden that Bricks will be weakened enough to where it may actually be dismantled. Possibly not. Dismantling is a big word, and they're very unified, but there is definitely cracks. There's definitely some confusion ye within the Bricks memberships because why you've got a warrior now in the White House. You don't have a dementia patient. You've got a warrior. Right, They don't like warriors. Why will? Warriors are tough, Warriors will push back, Warors will hit back. That's what Trump is. He's a warrior.
Speaker 1: And so the most important thing he can do is maybe it's Brazil, maybe it's India, the largest country on Earth, or maybe it's the UAE. Because of their fear of what's happening in Iran. You can pick off two, three or four of them to go back on the dollar, and right now the one the Chinese and ten for the wand to become the reserve currency. And these nations together have a much bigger GDP than the US, but they don't have the same military power, and you can grab them by the coyones, especially the UAE. So that means when UAE or Saudi Arabia trades with a pole in Germany, you need some currency, and that has been the reserve currency.
Speaker 6: Right now it is not.
Speaker 1: And because there was such fecklessness the past four years that the Bricks and these other seventeen nations got together to use a different currency than the dollar, which will trash the American economy.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't it make us look like.
Speaker 1: A great depression again in America If economically the rest of the world would use the wand as the reserve currency where goods are exchanged instead of the dollar, wouldn't that be an unmitigated disaster for US?
Speaker 2: If that happens, the US would have twenty five percent interest rates, overnight mortgages would be fifteen to twenty percent Real estate would drop by fifty percent in a second. Because here's the problem, and you're right, You're absolutely right. The digital u won right now is about eighteen percent of the world's turns out, whether it's paper or whether it's digital. About eighteen percent of the world transactions are now through the bricks. China obviously representing so many population of the whole world of the planet, that gives it some kind of a little stewed their direction, a little bit more of a bias. But it doesn't matter. There's still people, they're still transacting. So if we lose this reserve status, and we are on the verge of losing it, we're down to under fifty percent. We're in the forty nine percentile again, down from ninety percent and forty six. But what you said was profound, he said something very good. If the digital U want continues its current growth rate, which is exponentially moving very rapidly around the world, especially in wherever China has built massive infrastructure deals. The way China started to move quickly once they joined the World Trade Organization, they were able to move with more efficiency at a much rapid pace to be able to get money into infrastructure deals within countries by giving them two billion dollar loans. They own the country, They basically seize the assets. If you can't pay the loan back, don't worry about it. We're your new government. You'll do all of these things. That's what happened in Panama, happened throughout South America, It's happened all over Africa. See Schishi Ping comes from a long line of leaders whose ultimate goal was to create supremacy, both in a financial status in a military status. And this was back to the eighteen fifty occupation of the British in Hong Kong. They said they would never allow that to happen again, and they haven't in that sense. So if the digital U want continues at its current pace of growth, and it is substantial pace of growth, which I think we can slow it down. The hard part is going to be eliminating it, which could be next to impossible. But slow it down and put it almost in a quarantine in a box to limit its growth or limit its what I consider to be the octopus right, it's tentacles to go to the far reaches of the world, bring back Greenland because it's a strategic place. China wants a military base there because then they can leverage that against the US. They did it in the South Sea when they built those islands, which was against all international treaties. It was the closest they could get to the Hawaiian Islands, which again as an aircraft carrier for anybody who has military ideology. And the last part, again going back to your question, I'll give you an answer at full circle. We are going to move from paper currency to digital currency within the next three to five years. There's no way around it. The debt is so bad that mathematically, at the rate it's currently being I call it built. Okay, I don't know how much you want to say it, but the debt's getting built bigger and bigger every day that by twenty twenty nine we're in default mode. There's just not enough revenues by the government. You can't tax out of it, and you certainly can't create more manifaction jobs enough to eliminate the debt, and the bricks are playing off that. That's why Elon Musk came out today and said there's no way to cut two tillion dollars from the federal budget. You can't do it. We all knew he could two hundred billion a year would be catastrophe almost with the GDP. So Trump's going to have to go in there and cut deals and divide the bricks in order to save the United States Stah.
Speaker 1: You know, the media in this country simply want to attack Donald Trump. They kind of snicker and laugh about Greenland, about Panama Canal. The Panama Canal is managed by the communist Red Chinese, and when pavements can't be made, they'll take over the canal. And they're the one managing it right now. They have a multi billion dollar port they put in Peru in Peru, for God's sakes, and Greenland is being encircled by the Chinese. Whenever media reports on Trump wanting to take control directly or indirectly of Greenland, they just laugh and snicker at the guy. And by twenty twenty nine, at the rate of borrowing a trillion dollars every one hundred days, we do not have the economy, do not have the money to keep borrowing money without greatly higher interest rates. And when those around the world quit buying our debt, we're out of business, in which case the value of assets we own and we've cut in half and it will take twenty five to thirty percent to buy a house, in which case the economy crashes, which is exactly what Red China wants. They want America to economically collapse. They were banking on Kamala Harris continuing this same policies for the next four to eight years. And Trump's gonna have to be the one to make the case that we can't continue in this route. If we do, the country's over with because if a currency is worthless, assets are worthless, in which case the lines form in front of Kroger stores and we're done. Do I have that correct?
Speaker 2: As correct and clear as crystal. You say it exactly. If the dollars undermine, nobody buys, the debt rate spike, everything goes south, everything with the exception of hard assets. I'm gonna make a point there are two things that are the most clearest barometers of economics. No matter what it is, no matter what the numbers are in the economy, no matter who runs the state, whether it's Russia, whether it's the United States and Canada, it doesn't matter. The two barometers you need to focus on are follows. Interest rates in bonds. Okay, that's kind of snymis with each other, and rates are going up, bonds are going down, treasuries because nobody wants the debt. It's not just inflation, it's also fear. It's fear then, and the other thing is gold. See gold goes up twelve to eighteen months prior to a catastrophic event. It's done it every single time since every cycle since eighteen eighty four. Okay, literally since eighteen eighty four. So when you see them move in gold, it always comes before when you see them move in bonds. In this case, we've got fear of the debt, of the underlying value of the dollar, and normally bonds would be going up because of a safe haven. Equity is going down. So we know that the bonds are in trouble, equities are in trouble, and we certainly know that gold is forecasting a tremendous downturn that's coming soon. Because the numbers. Math is math. Okay, people lie, Math doesn't and that's the way it is. So we need to look at this. And yes, China is playing off this. There was a gentleman that I had the prosure of meeting in China doing business over there. Number of years ago, and he always said, he said, we always try to capitalize on the weakness of the and this is a tradition for China for thousand years, and Sun Sue said it. Actually, so what they're doing now is they're trying to expand accelerate because we're at a weak point economics, even with Trump coming in. Look at the debt. Look at the debt. How are you going to pay back thirty seven trillion dollars when the revenues of the United States.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 2: It's forty a half trillion. You can't do it. It's impossible. The chairman of the House Financial Services Committee Congress and Warren Davidson, who's incredibly a smart friend, very student about this stuff. Yeah, well, him and I have done some talks together and we've done some a couple of presentations, and we both concurred, you cannot pay the debt down. And China knows this, and they're dumping all their treasuries. Think about this in twenty ten seconds. Thirty seconds, Chris, thirty seconds. All right, ready for this. But twenty ten they had four trillion dollars worth of treasuries. You know they got today four hundred billion. They've reduced it by ninety percent. Why they put it all in gold period.
Speaker 1: Christian, Let's keep saying on the bell before it's too late, because twenty twenty nine is as close to us now as twenty twenty one. It's right around the corner. And Christian Briggs, you're great about this. The fate of bricks and Trump is the guy we have right now to save this country. Christian Briggs, thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, CEO of Hard Asset Management. Let's make sure we do it again. Thank you, Christian. All right, thank you, my brother, God bless you.
Speaker 6: Thank you all. Let's continue.
Speaker 1: How about that message, Let's continue with more Bill cunning into Great American Live at Showman the Bengals News Radio seven hundred. That you eld of me you because you are the first black head coach to go to a national championship game in college.
Speaker 4: Football, right.
Speaker 6: Just hearing that response alone, how much does this mean to you?
Speaker 2: Yep? I've said this before.
Speaker 7: I don't ever want to take attention away from the team. It is an honor and I hope all coaches minorities Asian, why then matter? Great people continue to get opportunities to lead young men like this.
Speaker 4: But this ain't about me.
Speaker 7: This is about us, and we're going to celebrate what we've done because it's some special.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 2: Yet I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: All right, segment of ESPN trying to bait Marcus Freeman and some sort of racial thing, which is a bunch of crap, like the way he turned it away. First of all, give me your reaction to Marcus Freeman's response, which I think was fabulous. You might know segment his mother is Asian, for example, much like Tiger Woods.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean it's come on, I mean, you know, whatever, whatever, it doesn't make any difference. It just dropped. He's a great coach, doesn't matter if the green, yellow, white, what black, whatever, It's just it's it's too much these days. It's getting too much these days. The guy, the guy's reveling in a great victory. It was a hell of a game last night. Came down to seven seconds to know that they impulsed it out and that question comes up, I would have walked away.
Speaker 1: Wants to make everything racial or sexual. Are you are you gay or the first lesbian?
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 6: You're black?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: I don't think the guy.
Speaker 4: He's a great football coach. He's leading the Irish or a champion, a national championship likely. I mean, you know what I don't. I don't get it. I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: Never miss an opportunity to advance the political agenda that divides the American people. That's ESPN's message segment, Give me some sports and make it fast.
Speaker 6: So many things are going on segment.
Speaker 4: Will you be the shuge report right here in Middletown today on the impending snow coming. I'm getting off the road, so the assault should work the route. And it is brought to you by your local TEMP Star are eating in air conditioning dealers. TEMP start you by good thank you, ROXI God brought to you by good spirits. Winding the Vacuum Party Town thirty occasions in Northern Kentucky. Trey Hendrickson Jim Mark Jason made the first or the first Bengals to be named Amy Pen First Team All Pros. Andrew Big, Andrew Whitworth, you know you know Atkins. At twenty fifteen, quarterback Joe Burrow did not make utter the first or second team.
Speaker 6: Who made first team quarterback?
Speaker 4: Was it Allen or Lamar Jackson and the second team was Jock Allen.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you know, I believe statistically Joe Burrow has better stats, but those other two teams are in the playoffs and that's the difference.
Speaker 4: Bingo, that's that's the truth. How about this? Reports? Are the Browns quarterback to Sewan Watson rusted his achilles again. Further testing showed he had surgery yesterday to repair it. He advince all of the twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Steam twenty twenty five is gone.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about him?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 1: That's a met Well, I would think sometimes the Bengals have difficulties. Then I look at the Browns, look at the Jets, look at the Giants, and I'm thinking, maybe we don't have difficulties. I would not want to be a Browns fan or a Jets fan or a Giants fan, for God's sakes.
Speaker 4: And you know what, they got to pay him, right, I mean they can't. I mean whatever, its lunch on the contract they got to pay him.
Speaker 6: Did he tear the same achilles?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I didn't say he said he rested it. I guess it's the same warden against working out or goodness does what he's doing and uh he they repaired it. Now he's going to be out. He may invent the entire season.
Speaker 6: On the recovery now.
Speaker 1: The Cleveland Browns announced that Deshaun Watson underwent surgery Thursday yesterday after telling his right achilles again. Watson's recovery time should include the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 6: He's due.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's due ninety five million dollars. More so he's got one more year. How about this, I'm meing be more specific. He has a guaranteed two hundred and thirty million dollars deal signed before the twenty twenty two season. The Browns oh Watson forty six million in each of the next two was ninety two million dollars and then they're off the hook. So they got to pay him ninety two million dollars in twenty five and twenty twenty six. So he's got ninety two million coming his way. But he could earn some bonuses. That's unlikely.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you what will he that repairing his achilles ten? Then they better do it in fourteen pre at goldest time or us Field.
Speaker 6: Should have had should have had tim what doing?
Speaker 4: It's a memos the wild card weekend against tomorrow Willie, Texas and Chargers, and then Pittsburgh and Baltimore. The action here on seven under WLW Triple letter. On Sunday as Buffalo host of Denver, Green Bay and Philly Walkington at Tampa Bay. We'll have all that action right here on seven hundred WW.
Speaker 6: We got it all.
Speaker 4: See also college football, of course, tonight national semi final game that Coton Bowlman Big D Dallas Wires University against Texas seven o'clock here on seven hundred WW. Hamilton Grand Tyler Walker is left in the Montana State, and he's accepted the offensive coordinator and quarterback job with the Temple Owls and a plenty of college basketball. Tomorrow Willy eleventh grade to Kansas, the home of tom dakle we Fi to that of Bearcats at one point seven hundred w WELW Zager need this one tomorrow against the paul at three point thirty fifty five KRC number six Ko Tucky and Mississippi State seven o'clock the ESPN fifteen thirty. Also tomorrow NKU and Oakland five point thirty. Fox Sports thirteen fifty's the Mondy Redhawks' post Western Michigan. Also tomorrow see we got soccer news. Soccer news. FC Cincinnati announcing the pre season schedule. Players are going to begin the recording against Sunday. The team will be in Clearwater, Florida, January twentieth to February seventeenth, the three seats and opener in Florida's Runday January twenty fourth and CF Montreal.
Speaker 6: How about that? I have a report out of Cleveland.
Speaker 1: A young reporter named Tom Ashmore relates that Deshaun Watson did you know how he heard his achilles the second time? It says here he fell off the massage table. Is that correct?
Speaker 4: I you know what, Willie wouldn't It wouldn't surprise me at all. He back to his old tricks again.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I mean, Andy Mack, I mean it's like, you know what, just just pay him off and get me and see you later, you know, I mean just I mean, whoever came up with that contract? An idiot in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Well you have to go to I guess Jimmy Haslam, the owner is a guy that's got to sign off on I mean on paper.
Speaker 6: He was coming off all the suspensions. He was pretty damn good.
Speaker 1: When he started Clemson national title and I thought okay, And they were in competition to other teams, and I was thought, okay, Cleveland finally has its quarterback. They have a good defense, pretty good running attack with Chubb, et cetera. Let's get the quarterback and away we go. Well, guess what something else happened. Deshaun Watson can't play quarterback. He's got the lowest qbr qb R in the NFL. Before he got hurt. Then he got hurt, then he got worse.
Speaker 4: You could you could be quarterback for the Browns for a.
Speaker 6: Lot less money.
Speaker 4: How about this Scoop Super Scooper plane is grounded in the Los Angeles trying to uh cool, trying to get rid of these fires. It's grounded because it hit a civilian drone.
Speaker 5: What yeah, what else?
Speaker 4: It hit a drone? This Super Scooper plan. I guess it's uh here out of Canada or something. Grounded after hitting a civilian drone and there's like a it's one of the tanks is like a big hole in it the water. You know what I think we I'll just give up.
Speaker 6: Give up, Santa hell with it. Why would you live in California.
Speaker 4: And then you're you're an expert lawyer, Willie. I've never heard what happened to the Trumpster to pay. Of course, he let him have it pretty good when he was talking from our a lago. But what is that that? I mean, they basically said he's guilt. I mean, is he not guilt? What did they say? Again, I've never heard of that before.
Speaker 1: Like what he goes unconditional release? Unconditional That means, uh, there's no conditions. You're free to go, no probation, no time in writers, no time on restitution, There'll be no fine.
Speaker 6: You are guilty.
Speaker 1: However, there's an unconditional release, free and sin no more. You're done. And Judge Mrshawn wished him godspeed. That this guy's had clowned you would layer after layer of reversible error. The judge had given to Joe Biden money for his campaign. The judge's daughter is a major Democratic fundraiser who made millions of dollars raising money off the trial. You have a federal US Department of Justice. The Senate guy from the Department of Justice named Michael Colangelo into New York City to coordinate the attack on Donald Trump through the white House, white House itself, you had numerous thirty four misdemeanors that were flagged and kept alive by claiming it hit some other crime, which was a bunch of bs, never describing what the other crime was. This case will be reversed on appeal, but in the meantime segment it's unconditional. There's no conditions. Go and send no more. But you're a convicted felon. That means that in most states Donald Trump cannot vote. It means in most states he can't carry a gun. His Second Amendment rights are taken away. And when he fills out a job application, which I don't think he does a lot of, he's got a note on the job application that he's a convicted felon.
Speaker 4: Boord out wins the appeal, that all goes away.
Speaker 6: Right Bingo, he will win on appeal.
Speaker 1: And so all the Democrats wanted temporarily to have the scarlet f felon letter put on Donald Trump's forehead for the election for political purposes.
Speaker 6: Only reason it happened, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, what what what? I don't know? I watched the trumpor and I mean he will let him have it too. There was a gag orders out and he and he's talking now we had the audio for the court room and he is letting him have it.
Speaker 1: Everybody, No, I don't blame him. If his name was Donald Duck, he would not have been prosecuted at all.
Speaker 6: It was done for political reasons.
Speaker 4: So how many billions of dollars did that cost to him? All they get, they get he just walked away and that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, his legal fees been reported a ten million dollars in legal fees in this one case. And he's got one hundred cases against him all over all over the country, including criminal cases remaining so to speak, in Atlanta. Maybe the ones in Washington and South Miami are gone. He still has a deal with Fanny Willis that's still alive. So he's spending one hundred million dollars personally on legal cases and try to bankrupt the guy one hundred million.
Speaker 4: Well, then and all that suffumer so that the New York thing was a whole about Sorby Daniels and this cold dude and everything else, and that looks like it's all gone, it's it's all you know what.
Speaker 1: Well, right now it's on the appellate level, and that means whether it's state appeals courts, the Supreme Court of New York called the Appellate Court there, or the federal system. Within the next three years, the whole thing will be thrown out. Everybody knows it. It'll be thrown out because it was BS from the beginning. And I hold the New York Bar Association and the New York appellate courts responsible for not cracking down on judges presiding over a case involving a defendant when you've given money to the defendant's opponent and your daughter's raising money off the trial. I blame New York Bar Association for not snapping the judge Mershan back to reality. You can't do that in a free society, because what's going to keep the next Republican prosecutor in a red state to go after the Democratic nominee, come up with some BS charges to smear the guy, put him to trial in front of a Republican jury, say in rural Florida, and see what happens to the Democrat. This is not the way things ought to be. But I give the American people credit segment.
Speaker 4: They saw through it, seen to that wellie, and he's going to be president again, So I don't know. I mean, just do that's all John Watson to comester the super scoopers out because they got hit by a drone. Can't get the water to the fires. I mean, what is what is up?
Speaker 6: Well? You know, California's an arid state. It's a desert state.
Speaker 1: And they had the ability to house and the reserve and save trillions of gallons of fresh water every year, but fail to do so because of the smelt fish. They can't build any of these reservoirs because of the of the smelt fish that they spawned. You'd like to have sex and spawn over rocks, so that means you can't have drinking water. The hydrants have no water. There's no backup system. There's nothing of a controlled burn u. The Mayor's in Africa and the all Dei Hires dominates everything. Seg We're in trouble. You should stay in Middle Tucky. I'll stay in Kenwood. How about that?
Speaker 4: That's all right?
Speaker 6: Get me out of the students report. Please go to.
Speaker 4: Get honor of the intendent self. Stormman, goodness shows what else is gonna happen? You leave you with the immortal words of the.
Speaker 8: Daytona International Speedway.
Speaker 4: We love our country and it's truly an honor to be with all of you.
Speaker 6: At the Great American Race.
Speaker 5: Gentlemen, start your engines.
Speaker 1: That is the trumpsterst segment. That's it right there, I.
Speaker 4: Say, I say bring it back again this year.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 1: You know we control the Ohio Supreme Court. The chairman of the Republican Party is Alex t He's from here. We have of course JD. Vance, he's from here. We got the Doje Man, we got faveak Ramaswami, he's from here. Cincinnati Hamliny County has all the power. Not locally, we have no power locally, but around the world. Cincinnati Hamlety County dominates everything in the world except city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 4: Let me just time around with Dad and the house of a beautiful Middletown. I say, get to get this bridge done and name it after him.
Speaker 1: No question segment. You're a great American. Don't be afraid of the snow. It is not radiation. You'll be okay. Come in on Monday segment.
Speaker 4: Come in then, yes, sir, I will do that segment.
Speaker 1: Thank it let's continue with more. The line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine five Home of your Cincinnati Reds News Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 6: Billy cunning in the.
Speaker 1: Great American and the gleaming seven story tall tower the Death Star here in Kenwood, slight white flakes are falling. The segment's already gone home in the basement and his underwear until then. Frank Marzulo Fox nineteen, The Power of nineteen, Frankie m Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Frankie, I know you work long and hard every day, is that correct?
Speaker 5: I do every single day, working nights. This week for the horsemire. He needs to take a little vacation, so I'm actually going.
Speaker 4: To work now.
Speaker 5: Wait, you couldn't get your girlfriend Ketchmark on the line.
Speaker 4: You know what am I? I'm my second here.
Speaker 1: I called her several times. I called her, but no message.
Speaker 4: I called him here for you.
Speaker 6: Frank is there. But talk to me number one about the horse A man called horse Myer. I understand.
Speaker 1: Tricia tells me he's he's retiring, he's stopping. When's the horse Myer?
Speaker 6: When's he leaving?
Speaker 5: Later this spring? It was March, and now I think he's sticking around a little bit to me to help out a little bit. Still, so that's great. He isn't doing it.
Speaker 4: He's been doing it a long time.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: He makes me look like a rookie.
Speaker 5: You're you're a young spring chicken. Well he's still he still is a spring chicken.
Speaker 2: The guy has a ton of energy.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the weather, Frank E. M. It's now light snow flurries are alive in Kenwood. Give us a full report from Metamora to Columbus to Parkersburg, West Virginia to Indianapolis, zip code by zip code, city by city, street by street.
Speaker 6: What's gonna happen beginning now at the two nine pm I.
Speaker 5: Worked in Parkersburg. We'll even throw youngs down in there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Here's the deal, buddy. Compared to the other day, I mean any other time, two to four four inches, we would be all up. And but compared to the other day, we survived that one. We'll survive this one. But yes, it's about the timing right now, especially southeastern Indiana, they've been seeing over the last forty minutes or so a little steadier snow and we're seeing it pick up a little more so here, road surfaces all below freezing there is. This is not a sleep it's not a freezing rain, it's not.
Speaker 4: A little bit of bits.
Speaker 5: This is just old fashioned snowfall on a Friday. So from now to about four the snow showers will start picking up. And as we get after three point thirty four four thirty, especially off the main interstates, you're gonna notice it's sticking to the roadways. Okay, So yeah, I'm gonna look at slick conditions here tonight. I'm not saying don't go out, but if you get squeamish, you know, maybe change your plans. But it is going to get slick here going into the evening hours tonight. With this winter weather advisory, any accumulating snow will be out of here by two am tomorrow morning. But again we're looking at two to four inches. Can't rule out an isolated higher a mountain. I'm on a Columbia Park Wooster Pike right now, coming out of Marymont.
Speaker 2: How's you look? Nice?
Speaker 5: Full steady snowshower.
Speaker 4: So nice will snowshower.
Speaker 1: Give me the upper limit, give me the medium limit, give me the low limit. Between now and two am tomorrow morning, give me a full report, Frank em Yeah.
Speaker 5: Everybody too. I mean this is a pretty just blanketed two to four for everybody. I think the four, you know, you could be a little bit closer to our northern Kentucky neighborhood because you go down towards Louisville, Nashville. Right now, they're under winter store mornings. I mean, it's snow covered in Atlanta this afternoon, so definitely the steadier snow in South. But we're right in the middle where two to four inches will be a safe bet for us here today. I just saw a Delta flight that was going from Atlanta to Minneapolis had some engine issues and they had to evacuate it on a snowy runway there at Atlanta's Hartsville Jackson just a couple of minutes ago.
Speaker 4: A couple hours.
Speaker 6: The passengers came down the shoots. That's not good.
Speaker 4: I came right down the chute.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't want to be going down on any shoes.
Speaker 6: No, not down in line.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: Now, this is somewhat historical.
Speaker 1: You might recall January the tenth, nineteen eighty two breezer Bowl. That's it now, that was minus nine degree temperature whin Joe was minus fifty nine and the Bengals beat Santygo twenty seven to seven. Do you recall that Frankie Ems forty three years ago?
Speaker 5: I would have been three up in Cleveland, so I know I recall it obviously now, but yeah, I would have been three years old back then. Well, my question is back to them with all those I mean, was a man called the horsemier or who would have been back then? I guess like Tony Sands, were they on the air? Were they on the air twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Talking about it?
Speaker 6: Yes, no they were not. And those good old days it was a weather thing.
Speaker 1: But then they went back to regular programming and you would assume people could look outside see what was going on. But in today world that would not work because when weather happens, people break up, go crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, I remember back in the day where like at the corner of the screen a large w MET like warning and a small w MET watch.
Speaker 9: That's like, oh you had.
Speaker 1: I still don't know the difference between a warning and a watch. That's a different issue.
Speaker 5: A watch is a watch as it could happen. You're watching out for conditions to develop. Everything could work out. A warning means it is happening.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Now, what kind of will you take your coat off today? Roll up your sleeves? What's gonna happen?
Speaker 5: Oh, reilly willy, we got we got a sweater on today. I got a nice, nice button down with a sweater and make you a jacket over the slater today.
Speaker 1: Looking on the horizon for the next ten days, it doesn't look as if the temperature is gonna get above thirty ten grades for the next ten days or longer. What does your crystal ball tell you toward the end of January and February, whether this be a winter like way in the seventies or eighties, or like a winter we're having now, Because right now the temperatures aren't that bad.
Speaker 5: I don't see, you know, single digit daytime highs. But what I do see are a lot more days in the twenties than forties or thirties. Average high right now about thirty nine. So we get to the low thirties on Sunday, and then next week we're back in the twenties, single digits for overnight lows. I do see a little warm up MLK weekend. Martin Luther King Junior weekend, next weekend for the break for kids. So I do see up maybe thirty seven, thirty eight, maybe Saturday the eighteenth. But then we're right back in the twenties. So you know, going out to at least about the twenty eighth of the month, you have more days of the twenties than you do anything else with those temperatures in the single digits the night at night at times. The nice thing is that makes it easy any precip we get. It's easy to track it at snowfall for the most part.
Speaker 1: And Frankie Marzillo, how are the roads as far as shoveling around your home?
Speaker 4: They're good.
Speaker 5: The Merrymount folks do do a great job there. Actually, that stretch of Wooster Pike I was told a couple of years ago that goes right through mary Mind, it's actually touched by three different agencies. You've got the county, you've got the state, and you have Marymount right there, Columbia Township because there's a salt dome down that way, so they all go there to get their stuff. So that stretch, you know, going through Fairfax and whatnot's usually pretty good. But yeah, things look good right now. Watch out for the icicles too, will you have been warning people? I know kids like to have fun and we are some serious icicles out there and those things can.
Speaker 4: Be really dangerous.
Speaker 1: Sure, so, Frankie m is going to have three to five inches everywhere, and the temperature is not going to be too bad the load and not to be about with four or five degrees.
Speaker 5: I never want to correct you, but two to four, two to four.
Speaker 6: I say three to five, two to four inches, three to five?
Speaker 4: You want to go three?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Watching the power of five?
Speaker 1: What are you doing over power of five? That's what I'm watching. Tell me about kicking it with Ken? I love that guy had him in about a month ago. Kicking it with Ken was in some golf store the other day. What's it like working with kicking it with Ken?
Speaker 5: Kicking it with Kenny Baker is the best. He He used to be a camera guy for us back in the day. He said, I'm gonna be I want to do this. So he went off to Myrtle Beach and he worked in Louisville and he's he has energy. The guy is fabulous, good guy, funny, funny guy Ken. And then he can also turn the serious snow too. That's the sign of a good broadcaster, somebody who could be a you know, a goofball with a purpose, and then somebody who can turn it on right away and you know you have that credibility too.
Speaker 1: So tonight, del when you look on the horizon, he's good. When the next seven to ten days you're seeing any more snowstorms coming the next seven to ten days after this one.
Speaker 5: A little bit of snow Monday, I don't expect that being a huge issue, and then we're just cold into into next week. So once we get through this, with the exception of little snow on Monday, I think we are good through next weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, Do you have any questions for me about sports, politics, world capitals, something that's confused you over the years.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean we can dive into wiser no water in California with these fires, that's my question.
Speaker 4: Number two.
Speaker 5: Congratulations. I saw you're like you're a number one number two weather not web guy radio hosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one organization, Barrett Media, picked me as the top midday host in America, and I'm thinking, you know what, it's better than a kick in the shins, So yes, it's three years in a row, and I'll keep it kicking as long as you think I should and Ken Baker, but I enjoy what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: It's going to be recognized.
Speaker 1: This one's kind of important because the only voting is by your peers. It's those in talk radio night, it's the it's the program directors, the operations managers, and no, none of the hosts themselves actually vote. It's by other ones. And so to be number one in that category, there's about six hundred of us in the country, to be at the top of the list is not a bad thing.
Speaker 5: That's the most congratulate you.
Speaker 2: You deserve that award and you.
Speaker 5: Get like a fancy leg lamp or something with that, like a the story. Remember he won the big award for well.
Speaker 1: I talked to DJ Hodge, our operations manager actually told me a couple of days ago, I selected against the top host in America, and uh, I said, what do I get for that? In the handed me of Ron's Roos Chicken Wing, I said, well, I said, that's good. I mean, assuming Channel nineteen, we'll get some national award as the best with the management at Fox nineteen, maybe wine Dine in pocket line you a little bit where they simply said that I've all I go get them, or would they do something like money wise a trophy. I don't want any more trophies, Frankie, I want no more trophies. Would you agree?
Speaker 2: I don't want a trophy, no more trophy.
Speaker 5: I think we probably were probably good the Nado's pizza.
Speaker 4: And the job.
Speaker 6: That's true. That's about it. That's about it, all right, frank.
Speaker 1: Well, you know we've had a little bit of a snaff foo that the people's judge while Thanksgiving picture. This is Thanksgiving dinner. We have sixteen people overt Kamargo Reynald. I've already done the thing on Thanksgiving afternoon, I have two petticure manicures come over to women and all the adult women they go downstairs. They bring the little pails with them and then they manny's and petties in the afternoon. We then did a massage table, bring over a massuse. The ladies are happy about that, and then we generally cater the Thanksgiving meal. We have fifteen sixteen people. We got the extra table, silverware, set up, pennies walking to the table with their hands with dinner rolls. One of many batches ready to go. There was a little piece of ice that was on the hardwood floor. Her right foot hits the ice, her hands are occupied, her head goes to the right, cracks her head on the side of the granite island, falls to the ground. Thanksgiving evening at seven pm, and within five minutes the two of us are in an ambulance to Christ Hospital. She's bleeding from the right side of her head.
Speaker 6: She was in.
Speaker 1: Tremendous semi conscious and also we thought she broke a hip a leg. She what she did was have she cracked her pelvis in addition to the right side of her head. If you can picture her with rolls in her hand, and she hits the ice, her head goes to the right, hits on the side of the granite island, opens up the right side of her head. She falls and cracks her pelvis. So at this point, shall we say we're in the ambulance. Sycamore Township shows up, two police cars, ambulance. We go down sirens to Christ Hospital. And I learned later ten minutes after we left, my son Evan said, well, let's eat, and so it's like, well, I didn't know that at the time, because I thought, okay, make sure her head's okay, no, let's eat, and so it was. They set of prayer of healing and they had dinner. Took about an hour and a half. I'm down there till two am the next morning with her to see what is it?
Speaker 6: At see this, then, at this, and that done. It was.
Speaker 1: It was like a hard boiled egg that you would crack the shell and it was it was not it was not displaced. That means one ridge didn't go over the other. So what amounted it was lined up. So when you talk about my Thanksgiving, I'm getting to the point why I'm not broadcasting from Florida. It's because she was just released yesterday by doctor Fisher at christ Hospital, and after six weeks exactly, she's properly healed, she's off the walker and she's moving. And so I said, okay, so we're gonna go down in February.
Speaker 2: But she was reas she was staying it from she was released from Cares.
Speaker 1: She was in the hospital five days and then she went to came home. We brought in nurses, I brought in pt I brought in help and took care of her. And now she's she's ready to go, but I said, if you can picture the scene of fifteen sixteen people, three or four of whom I didn't know because they were boyfriends or girlfriends of my family.
Speaker 6: And nice to see you, Tory, nice to see you.
Speaker 1: And all of a sudden it goes I'm happy to help you, ready to join hands and bless the food. Within a split second, she's lying on the floor with blood coming out of the right side of her head, screaming and hollering, and she's donet scream and holler. I'm thinking, what is I thought, Frankie m I thought she was shot. I'm looking around through a window and I said, what happened? And she's I don't know what? Kicking it with Ken. And right now she's healthy and happy and home. A little bit of a giddy up in her hip, but in her leg a little bit of walk. But she's over the last six weeks. She's five five days in the hospital, which wasn't pleasant, extremely painful, extremely painful.
Speaker 4: But she grateful for you.
Speaker 2: I'm sure well.
Speaker 6: I tell her every day to say that to me. Every day.
Speaker 1: I tell her, look, you couldn't find someone like me, And she says, oh, I know, I know, but you know, sometimes you have to call upon the Almighty and you talk about unexpected circumstances life happening when you're planning something else. That was the moment, and one of the one of the younger women that were there said, after dinner, does this kind of stuff normally happen here? Because we had the ambulances treat guys with gurnies, we had two police to and Evin said, no, this doesn't normally happen here.
Speaker 3: No, because you get stuck on your room sometimes.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 6: I mean that was her fault too.
Speaker 1: She told me to get up there and clean the clean the lint out of the dryer event which was on the roof, and I shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 6: But anyway, things are good. Things are good, all right.
Speaker 4: You gotta get that.
Speaker 5: We just had the dryer guys come over the other day.
Speaker 6: Gotta get you, gotta get the dryer vent.
Speaker 1: Gotta get that guy. All right, Frank, you you're the best. We'll see what happens with snow, but everything's gonna be okay.
Speaker 5: We're gonna be okay. Just give yourself some time here tonight. But this is you don't need to go clear the grocery store shelves out. Okay, there's still restocking from the last one.
Speaker 1: And thank you for your con comments about the designation. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's gradulation.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Frank, Thank you, Frank. I am well, let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: You know, life happens when you're planning something else, and this was, in a sense horrible event. But I know a lot of people are a lot worse shape than we're in, and I give thanks for what we have, so I was continue with more if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred new AIGHTE and T plus the segment somewhere in middle Tucky as he is in fear of snow hitting the pavement and his incapability of matriculating. And this is from a NASCAR maven. This guy has every little car one can imagine. He's got stand ups of Dale Earnhardt Junior and Senior all over the basement. And this guy will not drive in the snow, much less a prediction of snow. If it's predicted, the segment does not arrive, and I hope Rocky Boyman will be here to to gloat a little bit about Notre Dame, which what a game last night. Most of these games have been terrible, but this one was fabulous. And tonight Ohio State's favored to take Texas apart. I think a final between Ohio State and Notre Dame is great, and I will take Ohio State to beat Notre Dame if Rocky Bowman is willing to make the bet with no points, of course. Two twenty five HOMEI your red Legs News Radio. Seven hundred Wow, good step, good.
Speaker 7: Hold, kick on it play and the kick is good.
Speaker 8: Snitch Cheeter with seven second left gives the Irish ho.
Speaker 5: Lad oh, hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 6: What guy all right?
Speaker 5: Rocking?
Speaker 6: Queue it up?
Speaker 1: It well, it looked man for a while. I texted you when it was ten to nothing. Yes, wasn't good gloating. You're gloating early, as you often do.
Speaker 6: I didn't like to gloat.
Speaker 1: I you know the second I wanted really secretly Notre Dame to win.
Speaker 6: But ten zip it looked a bit dark. Pen stated found a weakness.
Speaker 1: They were exploding it to the great benefits could have gone. One way was that in that was that interception of the end zone was that somehow a penalty which would have turned the rock. What do you say the whole game around. It looked at me like it was ticky tacky interception of the end zone.
Speaker 6: Guess what, it stuck. It didn't stick. It stuck, very very ticky tacky.
Speaker 8: And I mean Greg McElroy, you know, his what he was looking at was saying the defender never turned around to look at ball, which is what people always say. But to me, the ball's got to be catchable. I mean, the ball was drastically underthrown, which caused the penalty. You should not get rewarded for throwing a bad ball into bad coverage, and that's what happened. That was a terrible, terrible call. But nevertheless, the Irish prevailed. They found a way, They found a way. And how about all the contributions. First of all, I largely Willie. You know, people used to always talk about with Marvin Lewis the Bengals can't make halftime adjustments. I largely, in my experience, halftime adjustments are bs. You better be making adjustments during the game in between every series.
Speaker 6: You know, rarely do things happen at halftime.
Speaker 8: But my god, that was a different Irish team coming out of halftime, they said something, did something, They committed to the run and coming out of half it was an absolutely different team. Now getting the field goal by the backup quarterback Steve Angelie right before half to make it a seven point game. That was a huge, huge swing in the game, make it a seven point lead instead of a ten point lead, and they rolled the victory segment.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the segment Marcus Freeman after the game, the ESPN reporter wanted to debate him on a racial issue, which is completely inappropriate.
Speaker 6: Rock.
Speaker 1: First of all, did you hear that? If so, we can play it for you.
Speaker 6: No, no, I saw it.
Speaker 8: You know Mally McGrath is. I know Molly very well. She's very good at what she does. I would not have asked that question. I'm not sure if she was told to ask that question wouldn't be the case. But she's great at what she does. But I mean, come on, I think everyone's so sick of that. Say, even Marcus Freeman himself his credit with the best answer. Ever, it doesn't matter anything about me or my anything is who can coach, who can do a good job black, Asian, white, whatever, And that's with. That's the mindset we need if we're ever going to get past all this racial division. We got to keep making everything about race. Guy's a good football coach. Don't care what color is. No one with a green jersey or a Notre Dame hat on last night cared if Marcus Freeman was black or white?
Speaker 2: Right this carot?
Speaker 6: Did we win the game?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 6: That guy's awesome.
Speaker 1: Four And of course, if you want to play such games which democrats love to do, he's multi racial. His his mother is is Asian, and he doesn't play upon that at all. He says, I'm a football coach.
Speaker 6: Segment. Get us in in the Studs report, Please?
Speaker 9: Will he the stood Report live here in Middletown, sitting next to the first Lady of Bubbler County, My lovely wife, Denise is brought to you by your local Temestar eating air conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel s I think I think I picked Notre Dame Willy to win. I think you picked in the knit me allons.
Speaker 8: Here's both hot Pudge Sundays say, don't let him get out of here.
Speaker 6: Just third top Fudge Sundays. I believe that's Italia. I'm plus two in that category. Oh, thank you very much, Rock, one of ten to one.
Speaker 1: I went the greaters. I brought in three hot fudge Sundays, one for you, Rock, one for the segment, one for me, and you weren't here to accept it. It's ice cream. I couldn't wait. I put it in the kitchen and both are gone. That's all I can say. They're gone. They're gone.
Speaker 6: It's all like hot fudge Sunday. I will get it in this house, shall be paid. I got, well, you either get it in this life the next Maximus.
Speaker 9: St can't put this one on me.
Speaker 6: Rock, And what happens tonight?
Speaker 1: Rock Ohio State. I think they're going to take the long run. It began like a two point favorite. Now they're like a six point. It looks to me like it's going to be ugly for Texas.
Speaker 8: Ohio State is the best team in college football right now. I mean they jumped out to a twenty one point lead against Tennessee, a thirty four point lead against Oregon.
Speaker 6: They are absolutely jumping on people.
Speaker 8: They have fourteen five star players that they have the firepower on the outside. Then I think they win the game. I think it's Irish the Ohio State the championship game. That's all the networks, will were, ESPN, everybody else has following all of themselves for that matchup.
Speaker 6: It'll be a good one.
Speaker 1: And I think the game is played on Monday night, January twentieth. For the Inaugural. We have the Inaugural. It's i'ml king Junior Holiday, It's the Inaugural and then Ohio State versus Notre Dame.
Speaker 6: Can't get much better than that rock. That's about it.
Speaker 8: It's good. It's as good as it gets. You know, they plan these things. It's all about money.
Speaker 6: It's not about the entertainment of the sport.
Speaker 8: And it's all about money, and the networks are likely going to get what they want.
Speaker 6: Segment, Please continue with sports and Willie.
Speaker 9: That Cotton Bowl to night at Big d is at seven o'clock right here on seven hundred WLW. Now, Bengals up. They brought to you by good spirits. Wanted to back on Party Town thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Trey Hendrickson Jamar Chase are the first Bengals to be named a p First Team All Pro. That's Bake Andrew Whitworth and Gino Gino Gino the silent one Atkins In twenty fifteen, Joe Burrow didn't make either the first or second team. Lamar Jackson won, and Josh Allen two.
Speaker 8: Rock your reaction to that, I think the MVP should go to the most Valuable Player. And if you take Josh Allen off the Bills, they're still a pretty good team. Okay, if you take Lamar Jackson off the Raiders, they're still a pretty good team, still going to make the playoffs.
Speaker 6: You take Joe Burrow off the.
Speaker 8: Bengals, that team wins not many games at all. So for that, you know, the offensive line, the things he had to deal with with that, but the defense deficiencies, I think those alone, regardless of the stats showed, Joe Burrows should win the MVP segment.
Speaker 6: Please continue, also.
Speaker 9: Rock and Willie. The reports are that Browns quarterback DeShawn Watson ruptured his achilles again and further testing showed a further testing sh did he tore it again. He underwent surgery yesterday to repair it. He could miss all of the twenty twenty five season and rehab, and right I think.
Speaker 8: The Browns are hoping that because the reports I'm reading or that they're going to be off the hook for some money they owe him if he can't play, dude injury or otherwise.
Speaker 6: So let's call your good thing for the Browns.
Speaker 1: You know, rock I got to report out of Cleveland that he heard his achilles falling off a massage table.
Speaker 6: Have you heard that?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 8: But there's a better chance of that happening to him than probably everyone else.
Speaker 1: So he jumped off the massage table. It was a happy ending. He couldn't take it, and he tore the same achilles again. Segment Please continue her in trouble?
Speaker 9: Will you have plenty of college basketball to tomorrow? Number eleven Kansas featuring Tom Dinkle in town to take on the sense of that of Bearcats one thirty on seven out at WLW Xavier and DePaul at three point thirty on fifty five krc NKU and Oakland at five thirty Fox Sports thirteen to sixty. The Cats and a Dolls go out of Kentucky and Mississippi State seven o'clock, ESPN fifteen thirty and Miami is at Western Michigan tomorrow or Miami hosting Western Michigan tomorrow soccer. FC Cincinnati has announced their preseason schedule. Players begin reporting on Sunday. The team is headed south to Clearwater, Florida. January twentieth through February seventeenth. Will play some preseasons game in Florida. The opener for FCC and the Orange and Blue Friday January twenty fourth in Florida against c F Montreal.
Speaker 6: These are dark days.
Speaker 1: I think pitchers and catchers report and about twenty five days or so. I can't believe baseball is almost here. I think February the tenth. Pitchers and catchers report first game about two weeks later. An opening day is going to be March to twenty eighth or twenty ninth, whatever. That Thursday is only about ten weeks away.
Speaker 6: Segment. Please continue.
Speaker 9: Let's see also, Willie, there's some great high school basketball taking place this way weekend at Thomas Moore College, the Griffin Elite Basketball Classic tonight at seven point thirty. It's a Spire Academy against Wesley Christian. But the main game tonight is Huntington Prep and Simon Kenton at nine. Huntington features the number one player in the nation for the class of twenty twenty eight, Cameron Mercer, your Saint Ex Bombers.
Speaker 4: Rocks are in this at.
Speaker 9: Tomorrow night up against Spire Academy on Saturday. Then on Sunday it's Lloyd and Summit Country Day, Newport and Walton Verona.
Speaker 1: You know, I saw also rock Notre Dame loss to Wake Forest yesterday in South Bend sixty eight to sixty seven.
Speaker 6: You are truly unbelievable. I'm just saying, what, wow, and what is this?
Speaker 1: No men's men's college Bashontball, Hi Jump Wake Forest beat Notre Dame in South Bend. The Notre Dame men's team stinks. The girls are pretty good. What about the Notre Dame men's basketball team, Rocky Yeah, addressed for a moment.
Speaker 8: Well, all that matters is the football team is winning, which means after that win last night, I think the grand total be of about twenty million dollars, which will not go to the conference where they have to share it because they're independent. Smartly, they get to keep everything, the women, the money, the rings, everything.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm told that all the other coaches are angreat Notre Dame. They don't have to share the money with anyone. Plus they get a week off between the end of the season, the week where the conference champions championships are being played. Guess what, they're all for resting and the other guys have got to play football.
Speaker 6: What do you think about that?
Speaker 10: Rock?
Speaker 8: The conferences love the conference title games and because it's again it's a big money maker and it's a big sale item that sort of thing. But I mean, how is that working out for for everybody?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: I mean, the Irish didn't play in a conference title game and they're gonna, you know, they're they're gonna roll.
Speaker 6: And go into it. So I don't know lest anybody they'd rather not play that extra game? Well, then that's the.
Speaker 11: I mean, I mean, think about what we in college footb It's gonna take what sixteen games for Notre Dame or Ohio State or whoever to win this six sixteen or seventeen games to win.
Speaker 8: That's a lot of games. I mean, do we need all those for college kids? This season just drags on. I mean, thank guy, that game last night was unbelievable, kind of reinjuvenated some energy back in this playoff because the playoffs has been kind of a dud.
Speaker 6: It's been such a long season. But let me give you some reason.
Speaker 1: I've poughted up the website to remind you the Notre Dame fighting Iris, so to speak. Men's team lost to Rutgers eighty five to eighty four. They lost to Houston sixty five to fifty four. They lost to crighton the Blue Jays seventy six. They lost to Georgia sixty nine to forty eight. They lost to Georgia Tech eighty six to seventy five. They lost to North Carolina seventy four to seventy three. They lost to North Carolina State sixty five to sixty. They're playing Duke in Boston College and Syracuse. They're gonna lose to them too. What about the men's college team, Rock, What do you think about that? They lose almost all their games.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter. Everyone's focused on football right now. Will they get together on the hardwood?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: Their women's team is good, by the way. They'll get all that sorted out here once it's basketball season.
Speaker 6: We'll see about that football season. Well, I don't know about that, but tonight's game is exciting. I'm picking Ohio State. By the way.
Speaker 1: Rock, I'll give you Texas. You weren't here for the hot fod Sunday. Bet I'll take Ohio State and I'll give you Texas.
Speaker 6: How about that?
Speaker 8: Now, I'm gonna sit this one out because you owe me too hot fetchs son, I'm already paid.
Speaker 5: Never hear it.
Speaker 6: I paid them, No, paid them all. You paid them off. When I receive it in my hands.
Speaker 8: I was like Deshaun Watson and Houston, I'm just how about how about the kicker? How about Notre Dame's kicker, Great Mitchell Jeter, And I couldn't believe that they showed the guy in the stands filming. I'm like, there's no way that's his dad, the dad. Would I mean, if I was that kid's dad, I'd be like, I'd be like curling up at a ball, and he's not just only watching it, he's like just.
Speaker 6: Calmly kind of filming the ball. It was a great moment for my son, and the dude nails it. I couldn't believe that. I thought I was going wide right. It was lucky.
Speaker 1: It was a win kind of a the other thing was going right and all of a sudden it went left and merely you.
Speaker 8: Know what happened, lily, what happened? Well, you know what happened, right, No, Jesus' mother pushed that.
Speaker 1: Ball a little bit to the lest lesson Virgin Mary did it. Whatever happened, And there's no way. I mean, everyone wants Notre Dame versus Ohio State. That would be a classic. And to watch Ohigh State run Notre Dame out of the stadium will be fabulous. It's gonna be wonderful. It's over. And to watch Notre Dame just collapse beneath the mighty foot of the buck Eyes, the buck Eye boot will be planning.
Speaker 8: Here here, here would be Notre Dame's advantage in this right now, for whatever reason, for reasons that I can't fully under stand, the fan base, the support behind Ryan Day is fractured. They hated him, They want his job, they want his head. Conversely, everybody collectively, the whole fan base, alumni, Subway alumni, is behind Marcus Freeman, come hell or high water, and I think there, I think there's a somewhat of an advantage there.
Speaker 1: And of course Marcus Freeman has the Cincinnati connection. It's everything in the world done.
Speaker 6: It comes back to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Explain that why is there a connection between us and South bend other than you.
Speaker 8: Marcus Freeman was the defensive coordinator for the Bearcats for for a couple of years. Eight times right, everything right there, times out at the higher ground and then when I did some Barracat games back in the day. Never would have At the time, you knew the guy was destined for, you know, a big job, and you know, probably gonna be a head coach and all that, But never did you did you think it'd be notre dame at age thirty five, And never did you think at age thirty nine his birthday is today, would be getting the Irish to the national champion.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And the only reason it happened is the players themselves kind of rose up with mighty voice and said, don't give us Frable, don't give us this guy or that guy.
Speaker 6: We don't want trestle here. They said, we won Freeman.
Speaker 8: The players said that, and look, that's not always the course of action you should take, you know. You know, I don't think many businesses ask the employees who they want to be their boss.
Speaker 6: Usually it's the.
Speaker 8: Big wigs and the people that make the hard decisions say this is going to be the boss. But in this case, the energy around Marcus Freeman, the love the players head for him. It worked out, It's going to continue to work out.
Speaker 6: It's wonderful.
Speaker 1: And I love the fact his mother is is is Korean and he identifies like Tiger Woods to many racial categories.
Speaker 6: As I do too.
Speaker 1: Guys, I have five percent black blood and me there's lots of Cunningham's and the black community, and I draw my water a lot from the black community. Cunningham It's names all over the black community. Hell, I'm five percent and I like that. That's why I can play basketball and jump like I used to. That's a different issue, you know. Freeman said his father was stationed in the Air Force, met his mother while stationed in South Korea, that fell in love, and he wasn't aware of his mother's background as an Asian immigrants.
Speaker 6: He was a little bit older.
Speaker 1: As a youngster, he grew to appreciate his Korean ancestry. So when ESPN tried to bait him into some sort of racism racial thing, he rejected it. Rock what's on the Big show today? If anything?
Speaker 8: Well, right out of the gate, Ed and I we got Skinney Richard Skinner. We're going to talk about the big game. At three o'clock preview the Ohio State game. We have John Maderes. At three point fifty, we've got doctor Bruce Herman, a plastic surgeon. On at four o'clock in the way of your I think a former girlfriend. Here is Jen Steyers, who had some relationship advice.
Speaker 6: She needs it.
Speaker 1: At five o'clock, I worked her well, worked her over, did a great job with her. All right, Rocky, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Segment. Please get us out of the Stute report.
Speaker 9: Please, well, he don't forget to the NFL wild Card weekend. All of the action starts tomorrow at four right here through Sunday on seven hundred WLW everybody, have a good weekend, have a safe weekend, and watch out for the snow. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 10: See the Highway patrol election again next week. Until then, remember leave your blood at the Red Cross, not on the highway. This is Rodric Croffett saying see you next week.
Speaker 1: Because of the predicted snow, segment stayed home. It was predicted, and he stayed home. Your comments on seven hundred WL