Speaker 1: Big Food and be On.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bulbo. These guys are your favorites, so like Shay, subscribe and rate it live Star and me on Yesterday and listening watching them always keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and.
Speaker 4: James bugle Fay.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, hey everyone, this is Matt Prod here. Just wanted to give you guys some updates about our membership. So over at Patreon, we now offer annual memberships and that's actually going to be at a ten percent discount when compared to the monthly membership. So if you wanted to do a one time purchase for a year long membership, you can do that now at our Patreon account. The link is always in the show notes, or you can go to Bigfoot and Beyond podcast dot com and click the membership button and that'll take you straight there. So that's a great option for those of you who are looking to reduce the number of transactions or fees or anything of that nature. The other important thing is that starting today, the day you hear this episode on Monday, November fourth, Apple is imposing a thirty percent fee on any purchases made in the Patreon app through the Apple Store. So if you're thinking about becoming a member and you're an Apple user, definitely sign up through either your mobile web browser or your desktop or laptop web browser, and you won't have to pay any of those fees. Again, Apple is imposing that thirty percent fee. That fee goes straight to them, It doesn't go to Patreon, it doesn't go to any creators like ourselves. We don't want potential members to have to pay an additional thirty percent for nothing. Essentially, so if you're an Apple user and you want to become a member starting today from now on, just make sure that you sign up either through your web browser or desktop or laptop browser. After you've signed up for the five dollars a month or the annual membership, you can use the iOS app the Patreon app and interact with all the content and you won't have to pay that fee. So, again, this only applies to Apple users. It doesn't apply to any existing users. But just wanted to make that clear and provide you all with these updates. But as always, the links are in the show notes and hope you enjoy this week's episode.
Speaker 2: Hey Bobes, what's happening?
Speaker 4: Oh No, much just got back from work a little bit ago.
Speaker 2: I've rarely heard you say that to us of the last few years. Yeah, I mean whenever I've heard you, just because you know, when you were fishing and stuff, that's what I've mostly known you as a fishing stuff or brush clearing and all that sort of stuff. You never called it work. I just got back off the boat or something like that, you know, just got done, you know, going to shelter cobe or whatever. But yeah, I just got off of work. That's an unusual sentence to come out of your face.
Speaker 1: How is it?
Speaker 4: It's cool? I like it nice? Nice.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're you're doing God's work there working with children, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I like making connections with them and seeing the best is seeing like their light bulbs off in their head, you know, like when you explain like a mouth problem to him and you put it in a way that they understand and they get all excited because some of them struggle in school so aggravating form and just frustration, and when you see them get a breakthrough, it's really satisfying and rewarding. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then that one on one contact too, just like that the students said you know you're making a difference with and it's you that's pushing them through like that. You're the one that makes the rest of it tolerable for them, right. Yeah, that's really cool. Good for you, man. I'll talk to you more about that on the bonus episode, you know, the members stuff. And of course, if if anybody wants to hear the bonus stuff, just go to Bigfoot of Beyond podcast dot com, hit the members click thing of a bob and it'll bring you where you need to go.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm sure Matt Protill put that link in the show notes too. But you've been doing any big Foot stuff? Anything new interesting going on?
Speaker 4: I got off to bluff again just for one night. I was cool, didn't hear anything, but I want to get up there. Well now that I'm working five days a week, we got Friday off, trying to get there Friday before before they close all the roads. It rained the last couple of days, so it might be closed already, but it hasn't rained that much up there yet.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting, yeah, because this is the time of year where you kind of have to keep an eye on that because you never know when they're going to shut that gate down.
Speaker 4: I think they closed it November first, no matter what I think, really.
Speaker 2: Is that just for the snow or is that like port Orford Cedar issues.
Speaker 4: Port Orfards, Yes, once there's rain. It used to be like I remember when we were logging, we had to be done by November fifteenth, was the last day you could be out anywhere, like in certain like Riparian zones with the cats, the caterpillars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the heavy machinery. I was, you can caterpillars, butterflies. What's the problem.
Speaker 4: I know there's been a lot of reports flooding in like BFRO and other places, and I've been hearing people saying, you know, talking about their big fitters and been here and stuff you know happening you know, of course all through October.
Speaker 2: Yeah, October the hunting season. I guess a lot more people out in the woods and went on too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad things are going on down there. I've been out a few times in the last week or two since I spoke to you, and it's just not a lot going on, man, not a lot going on. Well, I take that back. Actually, I did find a trackway about two weeks ago, possibly a new individual, possibly the old one. I'm not sure. I'm not sure because they were pretty old and they got rained on pretty good. But it was definitely a trackway. But then I went out a couple times since then and just nothing else, nothing else at all. So you know, I'm still going out there between one and three days a week. Right now, it's just lovely walks in the woods with nothing really going on. So it's been a few weeks since anything good is really popped up. But I'm going to keep on going. I'm going to keep on going. I don't know when I'm going to get to go out this week, but hopefully maybe as soon as the rain stops.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll see, right well, Speaking of conservationists and hunters, we got Salt of the Earth coming on the show. Joined us today a repeat customer I got I just and you everybody love sees just good vibes. Great guy, does you know use this bigfoot to help educate people on other wildlife topics and environmental concerns and uses? Is the way to connect with kids and help people out like sick kids and just one of the best guys'll ever be through big footing. We got Chester Moore coming on the show today out of Texas.
Speaker 2: We definitely wanted to have him back on again when we heard that he has a new book out and a new podcast, I guess, and I don't know anything about it, so I'm going to be discovering right along with all the listeners here. So, Chester, thank you so much for coming back on be going to be on with me and that guy.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, it's great to be here. I appreciate it so much. It's it's a lot of fun. You guys are have such contagious, fun attitude about this and it's just a great place to sit in and talk about our furry enigma out there in the woods.
Speaker 4: That's up, Chester. How's it going, Bud, Glad to have you back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's great to be here, buddy. And you know, I keep up with you guys as much as I can, So you guys have a lot going on, and so it's all it is fun to be able to reconnect kind of on the airwaves and just kind of learn what each other's doing while we're doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you had your podcast going, you just started the last time you were on, right.
Speaker 1: So I have Dark Outdoors the podcast I've been doing that for two years now. We were debuting the second season last year on your show. And that's kind of like true crimes, wildlife dangers, and strange encounters in the woods. But I also have just debuted three days ago a bigfoot YouTube channel called Global Bigfoot, and the idea is to talk about bigfoot type cryptis from around the world, mainly centered on North America, but also around the world, and then to use that as a platform to connect with kids that we might be able to work with to do the expeditions we do for kids that are facing special challenges. So Global bigfoots up for everyone to subscribe to, and I have a couple of cool ones up, including talking about a strange specimen I saw at the South Texas State Fair when I was a kid. It was an alleged big foot carcass.
Speaker 2: Is that the Minnesota iceman or what's going on with that?
Speaker 1: It's as far as I know, it's not one that's ever really been talked about. And that's also of new book Bigfoot South. If you gotta like to hear about this, it's a really interesting story.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so this was I'm pretty sure because I was young. I'm fifty one, and I'm pretty sure it was an eighty four. It could have been eighty five, eighty four, eighty five at the South Texas State Fair and it's a really big state fair. And me and my mom went and we went into the area where they like have the games, and they're just really big setup with a trailer and it said, is this the body of a real Sasquatch? So for a kid who like was already obsessed with this stuff, this was like going to Willie Wonka's chocolate factory, you know. Like, and I actually knew about the Minnesota Iceman at the time, so I thought, maybe it's the Minnesota Iceman, you know. So we went in there and there was this, you know, they spend some money on this. In hindsight, it wasn't just like a you know, like a little thing you walk by. It was a nice trailer. It had like big sign print outs of the frame three fifty two of the Patterson Goodwin film other stuff in there, a lot of signage, and in a glass case not in ice, but like it was preserved and mounted, was this about six and a half to seven foot long carcass. And my mom says, I went at least five times that night, Like I didn't want do games, I kept going back in. I had to look at this thing. And the arm, one of the arms was kind of kind of curled up across the chest a little bit, and the other arm was kind of straight out, and it had a really round face and it had deep set eyes. I remember the eyes are real deep set, and the face was like if I were trying to make a fake Bigfoot, I probably wouldn't have made it like that. And I could see teeth in the mouth, and it had obviously male genitalia, and it was really dark brown fur, and I mean we looked at it for a long time. I remember actually getting ran out of there at one point because more people want to come. I kept going, oh my god, what am I looking at? But this was around nineteen eighty four, nineteen eighty five at a very big state fair, and they had spent some money on the production of this in terms of the trailer, the signage and whatever was in there. Was it a real carcass? Was it a fake? I just say this. Remember when the guys brought the Chewbacca costume and the freezer out like it was a Bigfoot a few years ago, about ten or fifteen years ago, and they went to all the circuits. It looked way better than that. And I'm just trying to put it out there to see if anyone else remembers seeing this and maybe another event or that event, or has any contacts of anyone who might have been associated with it.
Speaker 2: You haven't found any photographs of this, saying, or you're just barely beginning in the search here, trying to find any word at all.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. I've looked around. There's nothing online, and I see that matches it. I did talk with someone who saw the YouTube video up at Global Bigfoot and said send me a private send me as an email, and said that in the late seventies they saw something that sounded similar at a fair in Dallas. But this is just really begun, and I'm wanting to find out more information from people that might have seen something like that or knows somebody, because I'll tell you this much. I mean, like all this stuff is a good chance it was a fake, but it was a well done one. It wasn't just like Achewbacca costume thrown in some ice, you know, like we've seen it in a few years back, you know. It. It was really interesting. It's a big memory for my past. And it wasn't the Minnesota Iceman. So if anyone has any info out there, I would love to hear about it. You can contact me at Chester at chestermore dot com.
Speaker 4: Have you talked to anyone that remembers seeing it?
Speaker 1: No, no one else right now. Like I said, someone saw what they said was in a Texas So there was in the late seventies. Apparently there was a bigfoot carcass going in Texas and it was an affair in Dallas. I don't know if it's the same one, but I literally just kind of brought this out to you know, to formulate and to see if anyone's heard about this. But this was this was definitely in the mid nineteen eighties, eighty four, eighty five. I'm pretty sure it was eighty four. And I talked to my mom about it and you know, getting her memories of it, and she says she remembers looking at it and going, I just don't know. And we kind of came up with both talking about it that it was either pretty good special makeup effects or bad tax at earming. One of the two.
Speaker 2: So what other videos have you posted so far on your new bigfoot YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: I literally have three videos up, and one of them is just as a Bear. I filmed it was standing bipedally at our hotel, trying to get in the garbage can from a distance. I filmed it from a distance and did a little short saying, do you really think people could think this was a big foot? You know, because it was bipedal standing up messing with stuff. And then I did one that kicks off my book Bigfoot South, and it's it's it's a little more in depth detail of the vocalization encounter that I had that kind of started my you know, thinking there really might be something out there, and that was that's a that's from East Texas here, and it's a really intense vocalization that I've heard twice in my life. And first time, I had no idea it might have been a bigfoot, didn't know what it was. My dad convinced me it might have been a black bear or something. Then I worked around black bears in college and realized black bear results on anything like that. And then we had an encounter in two thousand and I realized that was a Bigfoot and Bigfoot's.
Speaker 2: Reel and Bigfoot South is the book that you de served, republished or published for the first time.
Speaker 1: So I had. What I did was I had my own conferences from two thousand and two, in two thousand to two thousand and five called the Southern Crypto Conference, and it was all kind of crypto zoology stuff, not just Bigfoot. And I published one for the first event, and I just published enough to sell. I sold them all out like a year and a half, and there's never been anywhere out there, and it was a short book. This is about twice the amount of book, a ton of new stuff and a lot of new photos and stuff like that. So it's like a whole new book. But for people that have looked for Bigfoot South, that's out there. I know Daniel Perez has put it in his listing of big Foot books and stuff. This is the only version you're going to get, and it's a whole it's everything from the first version, plus i'd say fifty percent more book.
Speaker 2: And when was that first version published.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and two? It was first back in two thousand and two, so it's been you know, basically off limits since about three I saw some copies on eBay one time, going really highlight three hundred bucks. I'm like, dang, I should have saved pled some back. But we do have the new and the cool thing about it is it you know, as the title implies, it is Bigfoot in the South. You know, it's it's about the Laura in the South. My own research, some lot of really crazy incidents and reports, and a lot of stuff Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, the arch attacts where I live, but also stuff in Florida, Mississippi, Tennis, Alabama, North Carolina. And I'm just looking at that entire phenomenon in the South, which is you guys know, you've been there a lot. It's really intriguing and has really deep roots.
Speaker 2: Now, well, where can people buy this?
Speaker 1: They can go to Bigfootsouth dot com or go to Global Bigfoot dot com. You can find links to get the book right there and get directly from me. I'm currently working on an audio version that will be up on the Amazon platform, and in the new year there will be the Kindle version coming out excellent.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliffanbogo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: I was just looking at your YouTube page. Is that bear? Is that from Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I filmed that three weeks ago. It was in my hotel.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, that's such Tennessee, like East Tennessee up there and the Smokies. Those bears are just so bold.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm literally a walk outside, just take a look, and there's this bear walking toward the hotel. So I grabbed my camera and I got down there and the bear was gone, and so I got in the car and drove the block. When I came around the block, he was standing in the parking lot making a bee line toward the garbage can, and I just kind of filmed him over there by the garbage can. I'm like, if people see this, I think it's a bigfoot. I don't know, but that definitely can't explain the whole big foot phenomenon. But I'll tell you this much, I'm glad I didn't walk over to that garbage garbage can and not know he was there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could. It could have fooled someone if it wasn't as good at lighting and like it was, you know, partially obscured by some brush or something. I could see that could definitely fool if you had squatched in the brain, that would that could get on get to you.
Speaker 1: I think people in Bear country would be like nah. But people who don't live in traditional bear country, you know, might think it's a big foot. You know, like most people in you know states like you know, Iowa and stuff, aren't really familiar with bears too much and they see something like that possibly. But you know, it's just something I threw out there because I'm like, here's the bigfoot guy seeing a bipedle bear fit in at the hotel. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you brought that up, because literally this week in my news feed from Forbes magazine, Forbes magazine came another news item where it says bigfoot sightings and they even put that in quotation marks. Bigfoot sightings are almost always this animal in disguise, a biologist explains, And of course they were blaming it on the black bear. And this was a rehashing because just a few years ago, if you remember, there was another pretty widely dispersed, widely circulated article kind of saying that, yeah, pretty much all the bigfoot sightings are black bear stuff. And of course there was a lot of critique that could be heaped upon that particular article, but this is essentially just a rehashing of the same thing. And even they even mentioned that article in it, so I think that they didn't have anything else to write about, so they decided to do that. But again they show pictures of black bear standing on their their back feet or whatever. But like clearly like to think that people like who are over familiar with the woods, who live in bear country and and you know, have these things around two that say that are almost always this animal and disguise. I think that's a far stretch. And also one other point before I get your response to that, are your thoughts on this matter. The fact that the title says are almost always that implies that there are other ones that are not black bears. So but they don't bother going into that at all.
Speaker 1: Of course, Well, you know, it's really interesting because I always say I pursue this in terms of the writings and the studies and things as a journalist and also a fanboy. But is it fanboys journalist? Let's say that right, and all it takes is one report, one encounter to be real for this to be an actual phenomenon. You know, it doesn't take thousands one so for them to leave a caveat there is very interesting. But you know, I put the bear photo up for fun in the video into you know, let people engage. Do you think this could be a mistake? Could you mistake this for a bit? I mean, I can see how someone that don't know could if they he had squashed on the brain, like Bobo said, But it's almost like a sarcastic asking I did. Do you really think that this is the entire Bigfoot phenomenon? I mean, it's crazy. You know, there was video of a black bear that had an injury that was walking through neighborhoods a few years ago, and he walked by Pedley all the time and it looks really weird, almost like a guy in a bear costume. So maybe that's the conspiracy we're out there. It's not really bipedal bears, it's guys in a bear costume.
Speaker 2: Well so, yeah, like the controversy, for lack of a better term, just maybe last year or two or they thought in China they were putting people in bear costumes and putting them and putting them in the zoo, which I think is hilarious because they did get caught, actually that they did get caught painting a type of dog up to be a panda, and that was actually in the zoo, and I thought that was equally hilarious. But but yeah, the bears are very anthropomorphic. I think in some ways it's just like they look kind of like people in some fashions, particularly the sun bear. In this particular case, it was a sun bear because they have that white marking on the top part of their chest by their neck, which kind of made it look like that that'd be the place where the people would be for the human inside the costume to look out. But man, yeah, it's pretty awesome. It's hilarious. But it also shows you how completely removed from the wild that so many people have become that they don't know that, you know, that that's actually what bears look like. That's a real bear, and they think they just think that it's a person in a suit. You know.
Speaker 1: Well, I had a biologist tell me that they thought the majority of bigfoot tracks in the South were faral hog rooting the ground, that that was what people think it were big foot tracks. And this is like, after being presented a picture of one that had like dermal ridging and stuff, and I'm like, sometimes the things that are used to dismiss the big Foot phenomen or more ridiculous and the more ridiculous side of the big Foot phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would totally, one hundred percent agree with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. One thing I was looking at your page on like little Bigfoot you had, you had a thing. You had a little thing on the rock apes of Vietnam. And I just talked to my friend's dad not too long ago. He's an Army ranger, recon ranger, did a couple of tours in Noam and his best buddy he went through like they were high school buddies, and they joined together and he went he was in a different ranger outfit, and he was telling him that they actually had some guys get blown up because they'd pull the pin and throw a grenade and the rock apes should throw it back, so they had it, they'd have to pull the pin, wait like a few seconds and throw it so it wouldn't have time. They wouldn't have time to throw it back.
Speaker 1: Bubo. I'd love to connect with him because what started me on this growing up, My uncle was my uncle Jackie passed away a few years back. Was a nom in the Marines in sixty eight sixty nine, which was forty percent of the casualties of that year. A wild year over there, and grow up in like the Rambo era. All of us kids ask him every question about the war, of course, right, and he didn't want to talk about much, but he would tell us he would just talk about things they saw over there, and he mentioned rock apes, and growing up, I thought he was talking about some kind of a like chimp or something that lived over there. I didn't know. And he ended up telling me his scariest moment in Nom involved a rock ape. He was set up on an ambush in the mountain country there and he was the point guy, and they'd been there for a little while and a rock hits him in the back and he's thinking, oh my god, you know the VC's right behind us, are about to blow my head off. Then a rock hits him harder, then another rock, so he swings around, thinking he's about to have to fire. He said, it wasn't nothing. It was just a big old rock ape sitting there throwing rocks at me, about ten yards behind him. And he said this rock ape, but so what did it look like? He described it as being like a guerrilla type animal, you know, kind of a gorilla type, in a little bit longer hair. And then later on I didn't understand the cryptid connection of this, and I looked it up. I remember in college looking up and they know apes in Vietnam, you know, and realizing that it was a cryptid So to me, that's fascinating, especially the idea of like someone pulled their pins and they get them thrown back at them, and that's wild. Yeah, I would love to hear more rock ape stuff.
Speaker 4: And they said his buddy actually blew a couple up and they saw the bodies and stuff. I don't think. I don't think he ever saw him, just as good good buddy did.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. My uncle had a guy in his unit they nicknamed to this day this guy is called rock ape because the joke was he was built like a rock ape. So interesting stuff, man, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: They must have been. I could only speculate that they must have been a little bit more common back in the day, you know, because I've personally spoken to two or three eyewitnesses. I know my dad ran across an eyewitness at the gym. Like with this, I used to like bump into at the gym or something like that, like he mentioned what I did for a living or you know what I was up to, and he goes, oh, yeah, I saw one of those in Vietnam. It's like, but the number of stories that come out of Vietnam and just on accident basically because I'm not looking for bigfoot stories from Vietnam, but like they keep coming my way. They must have just been a little bit more common back in the day because when we went there for finding bigfoot. Yeah, there were witnesses, but what do you remember, like were there any recent witnesses or were they all like a decade or two old. I can't remember.
Speaker 4: I think that the most recent we had was like fifteen or twenty years.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes you kind of wonder, you know, maybe the population dropped there or something, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe from the war itself the bombing and.
Speaker 4: They got blown up. They got blown up. I mean there was what like ten million landmines left there when we pulled out. And it was like when I was in Nicaragua, went up looking for the bigfoots up in the mountains in Nicaragua, they all said, oh, we have them here. There was a lot of them. And then until the Concra American or whatever they call it down there. They until that war in the eighties, the Civil war, they said that there were so many land mines that they would just hear. You still hear they said that up in the mountains. So this day, animals walking through the jungle will step on a land mine. You just share explosion, he was telling us. Back in the in the eighties, they would hear explosions go off of the middle of the night. They'd go to see if it was like one of their pigs or cattle or something. That he said that more than once they found blown up, you know, bigfoot bodies out in the mountains like amongst tons of every other animal out there.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's sad. That's I never thought about that though. And you know something else. For Vietnam would consider it the agent Orange, you know, which cause a lot of problems for our troops. I'm sure it had to have some impact on wildlife too. Oh god, yeah, man, I've got my wheels turning now. This is the first time bigfoot landmines, Agent Orange had probably been in a conversation on the podcast. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know we're we pushed the boundaries here. To make a YouTube channel called Global Bigfoot, you must have a vision in mind, like a goal worldwide, relic, homonoid sort of situation.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're going for with your YouTube channel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a certain way, so definitely, you know, it'll be mainly North America, but it'll my goal is to put about at least thirty percent of the content will be you know, cryptid type critters like that from around the world where the it's the system heighte like you might have been talking about there in El Salvador wherever you were, or you know, the Dwindy or the Yali, the Yetti, the Almus. You know, I love that stuff. And the other part of it is also the global nature of the Bigfoot fan base. To reach people who are interested in this stuff with a positive message of conservation and connect with kids around the globe that are into it. What inspired that was something that happened to me way back in two thousand and five. So I had signed a deal to do a hunting and fishing DVD of my good friend Eric Adams. He's a singer for the metal band man Awar, good friend of mine to this day. And I did this hunting and fishing DVD called Wildlife and Wild Times, and I was invited to go to Germany and speak on it at their fan convention for a week in Germany. And I arrived there and it's time for me to go to my room where I'm gonna be doing the seminar on this particular first day. And there's this young man in Israeli military fatigues waiting on me in the room. He goes, Chester Moore. He goes, I'm from the Israeli Air Force and I'm on a break and I came to Germany to meet you and talk about bigfoot. I was like, WHOA, So there's a global nature of this, and I think taking the Bigfoot phenomenon out there around the world where people, you know, we maybe we'll get more reports through this of the rock apes or more Yetti or Yawi, but also unite people interested in this phenomenon to get involved, get out in nature, and to support things that help kids, and also to really look at the You mentioned these these things like I never thought about land mines and things like that, things that could be harming nature and maybe find a way to say, hey, we would like to prove some of this stuff exist before it's gone, and maybe do some right things for a wildlife in our habitat. It's really kind of the vision of global Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: That's great that you're branching out beyond just reallytommonoids as well. Descriptive is in general from worldwide stuff because and again my focus is always Bigfoot. I'm I'm just kind of a one trick pony here, but I find that if you can do something to help sasquatches and anyway, it helps everything else. Years and years ago, I don't know if I mentioned this on our first interview, I came up with this little idea of conservation before discovery. You know, we're what we what we can be doing at this one because people say, well, what are we doing to harm sasquatches? Are we driving them extinct? And the answer is, we don't know. We just really don't know at this point. We all have our ideas, but there's really no strong evidence either way, honestly. But but what you can do is protect the land on which sasquatches live, and the more people are interacting with wild lands here in North America, which were so blessed to have so much of the better it's going to be for the wild lands and therefore all the animals, including ourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you look at a place like Germany, right, and you know there was a black forest or some mountains and all that stuff there, but it is way more developed in America, and you know, like America, that stuff's growing all the time. So maybe getting people in their own nations respectively to look at that wild land at a different way through the big Foot phenomena, and then soliciting reports and kind of creating community out there about this, you know, and this is fun stuff, Like I might have said this last time, but always kind of at the end of the day, look at this like Scooby Doo. We're riding around the myss machine. We're looking for some monster and one day, hopefully we're going to go try to pull the mask off of old mister Johnson and it won't come off because they'y in a mask classy. I mean, that's kind of the way I look at this. It's fun, a fun element of this, but also the very important part about conserving land and also you know, Cliff and Bobo. What don't you say that just take Bigfoot on the equation. Wouldn't you say that you guys' lives have been enhanced by being out of nature so much?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, one percent. That's why I feel bad for people that, like on the West Coast, were so spoiled. There's so much public land, there's so much National forest and bill m that we could just go romp and camp and go wherever, do whatever we want, and you get back into it. Like Texas and other places, there's just not They don't have that chances get out and go in big wild spaces like very many places.
Speaker 1: Now you're right about that. I mean I live in the part of the state that has the most public land, which is the eastern part, and it's nothing compared even what the biggest area of public land of ours is, like nothing compared to what's out west, you know. So you're right and getting out and connected with nature and having fun and solving maybe solving these mysteries one day and getting your family involved. And you know, we work with kids facing special challenges in our in our in our christ centered ministry, but it's all about trying to get kids that you know, they might want to have a big Foot dream come true to go out and do an expedition and which we've been blessed to do in you know, Texas and Arkansas and all over the place, and it's just a fun topic. But you know that's if it's not fun, there's no point for me. And it's got to have a fun element. There's also that conservation side and the research and all of that. And you know, there's nothing like sitting around a campfire us some people and then some guy who's always thought this was like a BS topic on the surface tell us you about something strange he saw on the hunting trip. You know, that's that's what makes it fun.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo will be right back after these messages. It's so nice when one's personal interests and one's own source of curiosity perhaps you know, the focus that they love to do can not only obviously doing what you love is good for oneself, right, but when you can tie that into your passion, your love in life being good for other people, and on top of that, beyond the people, because I'm not really a people person, so yes, it's fine to help other people. I think it's important. I think it's good, it's good for the soul, et cetera. But to help the aquarium in which we live, because we are so far removed from nature in so many ways, in so many ways, and people so far so that people don't even realize that we are. We are part of that nature, you know, like we're not looking down upon it and trying to manage it. We we don't try to manage anything, but we're not looking down upon it as something separate. We are actually part of it. And what we do to help our other furry friends or reptilian friends or fishy friends or any other kind of wildlife by protecting them and enhancing and protecting their habitat does us good as well. We don't see ourselves as part of the system anymore, so, whenever our love can bleed over and benefit everything the planet of which we are part of. We are not from the earth. We are of the earth, you know. And I think that you're doing God's work there. So kudos to you, man.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate it, you know. Me and my buddy Paul Fazienski, he does the wild man of the Woods Channel and I narrate some of his big Foot videos and he's all about the North American model of wildlife conservation. And I grew up learning that. You know, we killed a lot of stuff that was on our dinner plate, deer hogs growing up, ducks, and a lot of fish we were childs. We were so poor we pretty much ate fish all summer that we went and caught growing up. So I knew that if I wanted to have a healthy fish that I couldn't. There were streams locally we couldn't because we're an industry. We couldn't eat out of because it was polluted. So I learned water pollution bad. We got to have fish and game regulations to manage harvests and things like that, and then you got to have wild spaces and all that somehow got mixed around in little Chester Moore's brain, and here we are, for good, bad or ugly. This is what we do.
Speaker 2: You live in Texas, I can totally understand why most of the focus of global big put it's going to be in North America, because you know, you live in North America. It's easier to get to it's you know, it's right there. We're all here. Have you had the opportunity to travel abroad to any of these other places or and if not, or if so, what is your experience in these other locations? It is it booksmarts or is it hands on stuff?
Speaker 1: It's book smarts. In terms of other nations, I've done other countries with wildlife. I've been to Venezuela, I've in New Mexico, Canada. I've been to Spain doing a thing with giant catfish. They're kind of a cryptid deal. And I've been to Germany. But I've never been and went and looked for ayale, which you know, that would be epic, you know, Or like my friend Todd Jurassic who went down to New Guinea looking for reptile cryptids and ran across some you know, he was taking flash cards to tribal people and they're all pointed a big foot looking creature. You know. I've never been able to do that stuff. But what I've done is i have a lot of wildlife contacts around the world, and I'm kind of using that to ask them if they know unusual reports and things like that, And that's where a lot of that's going to filter through. And then I'm gonna do a thing once a month what's gonna be called retro Bigfoot Media, and I'm going to take some of these old forgotten books and old videos and stuff and kind of do commentary on some of it and talk about some of those reports that come out of Russia and come out of DePaul in places like India and things like that, because to me, that's really fascinating. If anything, that almost strengthens our argument of these things existing is that they're in similar places around the world. And what I really hope to get is a lot of other reports which will come in. I guarantee you there's going to be reports come in and you'll see about it on the channel and get to share my friends like you guys out there, And I just want to take a minute to give you to kudos, because I mean, it's hard to see the forest for the trees and you guys being in the Finding Bigfoot world for so long and doing so much. The positive that you portrayed and that you exude through all the investigations really turned on a lot of people that didn't grow up with a shotgun in their hand or roden reel, but they wanted to go to nature, and you gave them a pathway to do that because you're just being you out there. And I talked to the kids that are like, worship what you guys did. So thank you for the positive mark you made on a lot of youth in America during that run in particular, and for I believe what you did was you let people know they can take part in this mystery as well, and I salute you for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank It's very kind of you. Well, I mean, I think that we all kind of carry that with us to some degree, at least on the Finding Bigfoot show, just because we all grew up watching the seventies documentaries and we knew there was like a little Cliff and a Bobito out there somewhere watching us, you know, and we knew that there was a certain level of responsibility that also I think went with that, you know, to represent the subject appropriately and you know that, to have fun but not be too over the top ridiculous about things and just invite people onto along with us on our adventure for that week, you know. So, And I guess that's probably still going on, I guess to a lot of to some degree, at least, so.
Speaker 1: Well, what's crazy to me is like, somebody messaged me last night, I watched you on Animal X. I was like, I filmed that in two thousand and five. They're still airing that thing.
Speaker 4: On the internet.
Speaker 1: Yep. Well I was on Animal X and I'm still friends with Natalie Schmidt to this day, doctor Natalie Schmidt, who was the co host of that thing. So that's one of the great things, all the people you connect with and all this stuff. But once again, Global guys were from Australia and there is a funny story in Bigfoot South about our encounter out in the Big Thicket with those guys and that film crew from.
Speaker 2: Australia Animal X. That was the same show that what happened to be on the expedition with the Skooka recovery. Yep.
Speaker 1: I sat around the campfire with Daniel Searle from Animal Legs. I didn't know that the Scukum cast was connected with that, and you know, they told us about that, and so that was that was super interesting to hear about that stuff. You know, as we're in the Big Thicket of you know, East Texas where there's a lot of this lore and on the way into this location. We were hiking into camp, me and my friend Chris, who was also on the show. She and I walked to the top of the hill because it was at the time the only place she gets sell signal. In there. I'm talking to my wife Lisa and the Ohio primate. Yell starts. This is about five o'clock in the afternoon. It loud as you can imagine, and my wife goes, is that bigfoot? I said yes, and she listens and I howled back and it and it howled back twice as loud. And when we went back to the crew, they thought I did it. They thought I was like messing with them. I said, no, I did the second call, but the first and third worse something else, and I'll never forget. Me and Natalie Schmidt are on this little there's a there's a lake, small lake in there, and we had a thermal unit and she and I was our shift to kind of keep each other awake, talking and watch the thermal camera. And the yell happened. She goes, chester it wasn't you, you know, and it was. It kind of freaked her out, but it was really cool. It was a fun experience. And there was some stuff that definitely happened out there, and that that Big Thicket National Preserve and some of those areas in there have a ton of reports over the years and a lot of sightings, a lot of tracks found, and things like that.
Speaker 2: I love it, Chester, that wasn't you, Like you didn't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, I'm pretty well aware it wasn't me, you know, but it was just that moment. I'll never get Chester, it wasn't you. So uh, it was like it was like a coming. It was like a real moment of like I'm standing in the woods and it wasn't the guy standing next to me making that creepy sound. So now what was that? You know? So that was fun.
Speaker 4: That's the best when a family member gets uh gets baptized by fire.
Speaker 1: Yep. Absolutely, And then there was a lot of things that happened on that episode. I mean, we walked out to the place that we were set up is a dead end, and you know, you have to hike through six or seven miles of swamp and woods to get even to a road from unless you go, you know, there's there's no other way out than the one road. So we left camp and drove about two miles up to this one point to do some call blasting, and nothing happened. We came back. It was the There was about six or seven limbs broken on the way to our campsite, like right in a row, in a small tree, pushed in the middle of the trail. It was wild and so that set the tone for a very interesting night. And I'm not a lot of sleep for everybody, I don't think, you know.
Speaker 2: So fortuitous you had a film crew along with you.
Speaker 1: It was, well, here's what was interesting. The last this is the last night. We told them big film crew to leave, so Daniel and Natalie only had handhelds and that's when the action happened.
Speaker 4: Of course, always feels like that.
Speaker 1: Yep, because you know, I don't we don't. We don't need a bunch of lights and this and then this. Let's just do this hang out here they have little handhelds and we got that. Of course, the next day they went back and filmed that stuff. Uh, you know, during the daylight with the film crew and all that. But it was fun, it was it was It was an interesting It was an interesting time. Usually you film stuff, you guys know, and nothing hardly happens, but that worked out. That was a good filming and the crew were really nice and fun.
Speaker 2: So your podcast Dark Outdoors, is that correct? Yes, sir, okay, you focus on wildlife stuff and true crime. Is it is it a combination of the two or is it this or that?
Speaker 1: No, what it is, it's it's the dangerous side. So, like my intro to the show says, you know, we love the outdoors for the peace and solitude, but sometimes the outdoor experience goes dark. And so it's true crime that happens to people in the outdoors. It is animal attacks, and it's range encounters and kind of it's a marriage of all the stuff that's kind of interests me. And it's you know, it started with me twenty years ago in the in the Emerald Triangle up there, you know, in Humboldt, Counting getting ran off the top of a mountain by drug runners. Me and my dad, I'm almost they were trying to push us off the mountain.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was the wildest expense I've ever had in my life with anything. The Forest Service we called them and said, you're lucky, you're alive. I'm like duh, and I kept running into and talking to people that had different criminal base type encounters of people in the wild, and so I decided to do a radio show, My More Outdoors radio show.
Speaker 4: One night.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a topic that night, so I told that story Have you ever had anything like that happen? And I couldn't take all the calls people had all kind of crazy stuff happened like that. So you get into the animal dangers, whether it's feral hogs. We just had a grizzly attack show, an awesome Grizzly attack show on Dark Outdoors. And then you take strange encounters. That's kind of like about twenty percent of my shows. It might be a big foot, you'll have Lyle Blackburn. I'm talking about the Lake Worth monster right now on the current episode of this week. And so just the dark side of the outdoors, you know, the side of the outdoors. It's either mysterious or dangerous. That's what Dark Outdoors is about.
Speaker 2: Does that sort of thing haunt you when you're out in the woods, like thinking back, like, oh man, I shouldn't be here because that one dude or one gal that I had on my podcast, because you know, I didn't see I did. I purposefully did not watch blair Witch The blair Witch Project for like a decade or two. And I also don't read David Polidi's books because my Mountain the Woods a lot alone.
Speaker 1: You know, No, I get it. You know, Wow, it's a really great question, Cliff. I have spots I won't go to. I have spots that I just say, Nope, ain't worth it because of what I've been told. And there are moments out there where you think, you know, this might not be the smartest thing I've ever done, you know, like the cause of what you know and some guests has told you what you've encountered before. But I do have a couple places I just won't go and it does kind of haunt you a little bit. But it's about raising awareness and because you know, people do. The first episode I ever did was with Steven Michauw, the guy who set across from Ted Bundy at Anybody for six months because a lot of people don't know. Bundy took a lot of women into the National Force, and it just let us realize that there are bad people out there, and I want the good people to come home, you know what I mean? If the ted stay in the wood, the pile of blood. That's okay, but I want the families to come home. And most people are out there for non dangerous things, but there are bad situations. I mean the drug industry in the woods. There's all kind of bizarro stuff. I mean missing people, And so I have each show, I have a missing person that's recently missing in the wild, trying to raise awareness of that. I also have a defense segment, and it's it's sometimes it's really simple stuff like I call strategic parking. When I go to a location, I always park the direction I'm going to leave the location, so I don't have to turn around the last minute, you know, like I'm getting chased by some psycho, you know, watching US slasher movies in the eighties, realize that Jason's going to kill you while you're stuck in the mud backing up. You know, we're not going to have that happen, you know, So or it might be the right if you can carry a weapon and where it's legal, how to how to prepare for that, or using bear spray or just thinking positive ways to stay safe out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the first thing to teaching. Well, there's safety is have your vehicle pointed the way you're going to leave.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, man, I mean I did it because of the location. I told you, with film with animal legs, it's a dead end and it is a nightmare to turn around in there. So always make sure and got it go in the right direction. And that's that's a that's a good thing. But you know, the response from this show has been like wild. I mean, I have gotten a lot of good show leads. I've had people tell me they're they're they're preparing differently. You know, they're looking at the woods differently, and they're wanting to go out there and be safe with their families and stuff like that. So that's that's that's a real fun thing for me. And it's interesting to investigate this stuff too. You know, this was an organic show. It just kind of things happened to me, and then I saw how much happen to other people. I said, I better put a media platform for that. So there's a Dark Outdoors book coming out next year. I'm pretty excited about that, and so that's gonna be fun. I'm gonna beinge hard well. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It's available on every podcasting platform, and it's a lot of fun. And what's interesting about this last year is, you know, I did some strange encounter stuff and I have an episode up about some potential lost tribe people that hunters and prospectors in the sixties, seventies and eighties encountered in Texas and is the strangest story I've ever had, but I'm actually getting reports of it. So you got that. Then you got episodes about certain national forest where you have all this dangerous stuff happening. So it's a variety, but it also all has that thread of like either I'm about to die or holy crap, that scares of craft of me? What did I see? That's really what Dark Outdoor is about.
Speaker 2: So it's a feel good show.
Speaker 1: It's a real feel good show. From Ted Bundy to ravaging Cannibals. You never know what you're gonna have on Dark out Doors.
Speaker 2: You know, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: That last tribe, that's a really interesting one. They kind of like break off of the Apache, right, So.
Speaker 1: This is a guy named Rob Riggs wrote an interesting big Foot book called on a trail of the wild Man. And Rob was a friend of mine. He was local to me. He lived like forty five minutes from me, and he mentioned in his book about these people in the sixties seventies, I believe, up into the eighties that reported running into in the Lower Trinity River Old River basin all the way up into the Big Thicket of what they described as Indians and someone getting shot at with a primitive bow. And they were like six or seven reports. And this came because my good buddy Layle Blackburn asked if i'd ever read that book, and he'd had some kind of interesting report on it. And so I thought, I'm gonna do a show and read the excerpts from Rob's book and throw it out there. Is it possible and maybe up until that time or maybe today, I don't know, or could there have been people who were wanting to go back and live a primitive lifestyle back then? You know, could have been something like that that they ran into. And then the episode airs and I get a report, a very long detail one from a guy whose father was the sheriff of an area and went out to investigate one of these reports. And when he was a kid. He saw the evidence photo of the arrow that was fired at one of the hunters. So interesting stuff, Like I said, is it, you know true? Is it something that where people went back, like in the sixties and want to go back and live a primitive lifestyle or could they have been a few survivors in this one area. I don't know, but I'll give you this. If I saw some brothers dress locked that out in the woods and the dark woods in the middle of the night, they would scare the you know what out of me, you know what I mean, I wouldn't I'd feel like I stepped into some kind of time portal ended up back in the early eighteen hundred or something. That would be weird. But I thought that was a fun, interesting show to do.
Speaker 4: The person I've read they made a real compelling argument that they were remnants of from the whole like rating back and forth, like the command she's chasing the apaches down south, you know, out of out of Arizona up there in New Mexico and Texas area and pushing him down in New Mexico, and that they were survivors of that, and they they never had like a treaty like they never had a peace treaty, and they would kind of rob herders, you know, like shepherds and stuff like that. They it was fascinating though. I was like, wow, that really went on all the way up until like, yeah, I think like the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 1: Well it was in the tribe that on the one side, the southern part of this was he kind of connected with the Corankawas, who like kind of like you said, they just disappeared. They just went. There was no record of them dying off. It's just like off the grid, you know. So and I've heard that other things that people being pushed down, and there's a lot of interesting stuff out there related to this, but I had I thought I would throw that one. It's kind of a fun one out there, and it's been it's been, it's been responded to really well, and I love that kind of stuff. It's so interesting, you know. And that came from my buddy Lyle asking if I had read the book, and I'm like, I hadn't read it in twenty years, but I'll go back and look at it again. And I was like, oh, I was blown away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one's great because the mystery of it the spookiness, the mystery, the the it's it's not outlandish that such a thing could happen, although it is unusual. But tell me about this grizzly attack thing, because that is one of my biggest thing. I don't like the camp where grizzly bears are, and that the grizzly bears are a thing for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it. So I grew up reading sports and Field outdoor life. You know, field and stream they're full of grizzlies. To my dad used to read me. He loved the grizzly stories, but he always said, I will never go and hunt in a state that has grizzlies. Right, he was scared of grisly. I've been all over some of the grizzly areas, but I don't like to camp in grizzly areas. And I met Ben Virtule and his wife, Amanda, is the head of the of a facility that I've been to in Wyoming a couple of times, and he, you know, I was talking about dark outdoors to him. He said, I need to share my grizzly story because I've never told it publicly. And man, he was out, this is this happened twenty years ago. He's never shared it publicly. And he has this crazy grizzly encounter day one of a hunt in the area. He said it is probably in a linear miles you know, fifty miles from a town, so as far you know, way out at the time, and this grizzly they get it to leave. It finally backs off and the grizzly had a yellow tag in its ear. It's left ear, so they've been captured before they crossed. All these creeks go back in this elk hunting area and they have all kinds of other crazy including a forest fire thing happened that was wild. They had to put out. It was crazy. And he kills this big elk and he's he gets down to the carcass of the elk. He's starting to get the meat off of it to pack up, and he hears rocks behind him. He's thinking, man, that's really weird. I can't believe more elk will be coming down in this valley after our shot. And he looks around. It's a sal grizzly and her two cups. So he goes, oh, no, this ain't good because I'll have to kill all three of them that they come at me. So he decided to take as much meat as he could, and he already had the skin and the horns on his backpack and packed it in. Was going to get out of this spot and then come back the next morning see if there was anything left of the elk, because he couldn't. You know, it's either kill the bears or whatever. So he gets down, he gets down, he's head, he's half mile from camp, and he said, something hit him so hard. He literally knocked him about ten feet in the air and knocked him so well. Hi, he had time to click the safety off his gun and fire, and then he gets the ground and then a grizzly comes and knocks him off this ledge to about ten feet down in this creek. And then the grizzly is on top of him. And it was a wild story. And he said, absolutely the grizzly thought he was an elk. But here's the crazy part. Eight days earlier, that was the same grizzly, probably seven or eight miles away that he ran away from another spot. It was a one with a tag in his ear, and it came back and got him. Yeah, it's a great story. He's a great storyteller, but what they went through in that hunt, and by the way, this guy is tougher than leather, the stories he told about the recovery and all that stuff, because he ended up being not so bad of shape like he could have been. But it was a horrifying story. And you know, he tells people about, you know, some things to do in bear country and stuff like that, but it was you know, I'm with you, Cliff, I'm not big on camping in grizzly country.
Speaker 2: I have Campton. I went backpacking in Yellowstone one time with my first wife, Monica, and we were camping out there just for like two nights or something like that, if I remember right, and I remember it was on the second day or maybe the walk out on the walk, we noticed that just three hundred yards from where we're camping are the remnants of an elk carcass. And I sinking, oh, I wish, yeah, we should never have camped here. This is but I mean, and of course we got out. Everything's fine. And it was actually the next morning that I saw a grizzly bear for the first time with my own eyes. And this is back, you know, way back in like ninety seven or six or something like that.
Speaker 1: Was it on the carcass?
Speaker 2: No, No, it wasn't. Actually, we had hiked out and got back late enough that we had to spend the night in one of those backpackers camp sites and campgrounds, you know, like on the fringe of the drive in tourist ones. And it was we got a site there, which was probably unheard of nowadays in Yellowstone, I think, to get a site just you know, on the same day. But I remember we got up in the morning, got out of the tent, and we're next to a meadow and and I saw out. I looked out in the meadow. I stretched and it was like a shark fin out at a yellow tan shark fin out in the meadow, just going through like all it's all I could see was the hump of the grizzly bear kind of running through the meadow. And I saw it jump in the river and then it crossed the river and just like a you know, like a ten fifteen foot wide creek and it continues like, oh, shoot, look at that. I said, come look at this, and she Monica got out and we watched the sharkfin go and it ran right into the tourist campground, right up to like a picnic table, and it was like a dog having the time of its life, you know, right up to a table and got some food that was out there, and you know, and then it looked like European tourists were in dolphin shorts were trying to get up to it to take pictures, and people were honking at it, and it just was having a great time. And it ran over the hill and I heard honking and whatever else, and I just went like, holy smokes, I'm so glad that didn't come into our camp. Of course, we had no food out and everything like that either, but but you know, it was it knew where to get a meal.
Speaker 1: The scariest grizzly story I've ever heard was this guy who's a fishing guy in South Texas and his brother moved up to Alaska, so he went up there to go hunting, and so they're camping out and he wakes up and he hears like something outside the tent and he hears heavy breathing and he realizes it's a bear, and he's reaching around. He can't find his gun. He's trying to wake up his brother. He's screaming, hollering at the bear whatever. And he says the bear was breathing at the tent and when it would breathe in, it would suck the tent toward it. Because he had a little head, he had a little light on it looked a little leg and see that he can see the breath coming and the bear just sitting there breathing outside the tent. And he sees, he said, he seems like the claw comes up in the shadow, just like touching the tinagle. My god's about to rip through the tent. And so he finally gets to the gun bag, the bag of the gun the gun was in and he got the gun out, and he said when he clicked the bag open that the bear's freaked. Scared the bear and here's a brig that big bear runaway. Send the bear runs off. He shakes his brother. His brother gets up and he pulls ear plugs out and he goes, dude, there was a freaking grizzly bear about to kill us outside the ten. He goes, yeah, what do you have your ears plugged for? He goes, look, if they come in the tent after you, enough you can do about it. I just want to die in peace. So I just wear ear plugs in I'm out here. I mean, I thought that was like insane, but that was spooky. I've got one I'm doing for next season. It's going to be I've been formulating on what you're supposed to do when you're attacked by a faral hawk, because there are no rules for that. You know, you have well established rules for bear attacks, but what about a hog attack?
Speaker 4: They don't fall through like a bear, don't. They just kind of mess you up then take off. Hogs.
Speaker 1: Well, so I talked to I did a show on bears, and I had this gentleman on who's probably the world's foremost bear I mean, excuse me, a expert on thing related to hogs and especially hog attacks. It's really grewsome stuff he studied, and he's like, you know, you don't you need to fight back because if you get on the ground in that position, hogs are very unreliable. We don't know what they're going to do. They're very unpredictable, you know. And so I'm trying to like get a couple of other people. I'm trying to formulate a game plan for Lucky. I get tacked by a sow and you know it's a sow. Is that going to be different than if a big loan boar comes after you? You know, because a sow wants to eliminate you as a threat from her piglets, whereas a boar might be trying to kill you. And he told stories of ones in Europe that were like, there was a hog in Spain that was a predator hog they had to kill because he was hunting people to eat them. Wow. Who yeah, I mean it was spooky. I mean there's a dude in Pineville, Louisiana in my book Hog Wow, he had a hog busted through his screen door and attacked him on his couch.
Speaker 4: How did fel die from hogs?
Speaker 1: It's crazy. It happens a lot in Europe and Asia, but not so much in America. But that's it's coming to. Uh. We had a lady unfortunately four years ago, killed about an hour from me and in her y and her she was a medical She stayed with older people and did medical care for him overnight and it killed in the yard of one of her clients. So we're trying to put together stuff like that that maybe hasn't been done and get experts to give us some ideas on how to how to do that, and maybe we just all get together and do and how to stay safe safe in the Squatch woods together.
Speaker 4: You know, it's amazing though, for how how aggressive they can be and how many millions there are that there's not more gruesome stories like they're It doesn't like they're that bad compared to the amount of them out there, and how few attacks there are, like you know, major attacks.
Speaker 1: No, it that's a great point. For example, you know they estimated about six million in the US. If we had six million grizzlies in the US, there'd be deaths all over the place. Yeah, you know, grizzlies aren't out to get people, but some grizzlies don't mind taking a chunk. And if you had six million grizzlies, it'd be a whole different situation. But you know, it kind of goes back to some of the you know we talked earlier about like how we don't know how like maybe these land mines in Vietnam or development here in the US, what the impacts are having on Sasquatch. It kind of like gets back to that in way, like you have the gray wolf and the coyote situation. Development happens. Coyotes are rocking along, baby, They're gonna eat out of your scraps. They're gonna do whatever. They're gonna sleep, you know, next to your uh, you know, next to your shed and the woodpile. They don't care. Gray wolves, for example, can't tolerate it. They don't work well and they don't do as well, so they're pushed further and their numbers decline. That kind of stuff, and you know, I think some of that stuff, you know, even nature in general, it's like, what is the response to more people being around some of them? It's got fight or flight, you know, either one and maybe a flight of numbers declining or you know, going back into further recesses of the wilderness.
Speaker 2: Very interesting. You know that this conversation is great and we want to continue it. I think over at the members section, if you have time, Chester, can you stick around and do a member's episode with us.
Speaker 1: I always have time for Cliff and Bobo. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: We love you right well, before we get going, Chester, can you tell everybody what you're up to real fast, where to find jin, how to contact you if they have cool stories they want to share with you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. So you can subscribe on my new Bigfoot channel, Global Bigfoot on YouTube, also Dark Outdoors the podcast on all podcasts and platforms, whether it's Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple podcasts, wherever you listen and go to hire Calling dot net, my blog and the chester More that is the as we can use other people. The chester More on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Not just a chester More, the chester More chester More.
Speaker 1: I had to take that because somebody else just had chester and More said the chester More. Oh my god. I means it's like I'm an egotist, but I'll take it.
Speaker 4: That's great, dude, Yeah, I like it. You're embracing the hip hop.
Speaker 2: There you go, bro, And of course all those links are going to be in the show notes as well, so you can just go down there and check out all this sort of stuff. Bob, do you want to get us out of here?
Speaker 4: All right, folks, that's a great d chester More joining us today. We always enjoy this company. Is a great guy, interesting stuff, and so thank you for tuning in and joining us and until next week, keep it Squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.