Speaker 1: All right, this segment is brought to you by her Toto Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have in ye ow life. And they have a location in Mansfield, they have a location in Arlington, they have a location in Fort Worth, and they have two locations inside Globe Life Field. Those are all in the eight one seven area. However, you can now get hur Toto Barbecue in Dallas as there is a new location at the Dallas Farmers Market. Her Toto Barbecue Brandon Hurtato's family spin Their family recipes their spin on Mexicu Mexican barbecue and it is amazing. So head on down to her Toto Barbecue and hook up some of the best barbecue I've ever had in your life.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this good listeners, here comes kt fun Tweets. We're the round.
Speaker 3: Now let's come around the sports.
Speaker 2: Kt fu Queints.
Speaker 3: Has all the sports. Yeah, alright, I'm gonna start in Chronrder over the weekend. Miles Garrett of the Browns guy went to high school over to Arlington, Martin forty million dollars a year. You know, he was asking for a trade. They end up giving him what he wants so the pass rusher. The guy before him was Max Crosby with the Raiders. I think he signed a deal for thirty six million. Miles Garrett signed one for forty million. After that got reported, Michael Parsons tweeted, loll yo, WTF, which means I have more money now. He has said a few times in the past, Yeah, I'd take less to forty million. Doesn't mean anything to me if it didn't mean like, I have three guys, you know, you triple teaming me. We have other players. But his agents didn't make those comments.
Speaker 2: He did, So.
Speaker 3: There's the first news of Cowboys free agencies.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 3: The price of Micah went up a lot, and the Cowboys today have signed their long snapper. Yeah, Trent Siege is back, so depressic snapper.
Speaker 2: There's multiple layers here.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys cleared up cap space, they got cap space from DAK, they got cap space from CD so they could go be.
Speaker 2: Players in free agency.
Speaker 1: Then immediately Jerry just ruins all of our hopes and dreams says, oh yeah, I don't see that as a way to fill the voids that we have. Okay, well, you've wasted fourth round draft picks. By trading for Trey Lance and Jonathan Mingo. Those were wasted fourth round picks, so you only have your first, second, third round pick. You also went and won a bunch of meaningless games in the middle of this year that didn't even matter, so your draft capitals worse. So your pick's worse in every round. So you have a first, second, a third pick. That's it to really help your team, and you're not doing anything in free agency. And then to go back you know to the Micah Parsons thing, isn't this the Cowboys way? They're like, hey man, we're not in a hurry to rush out and sign this player that we're guaranteed to keep because we want to wait and play this out. We think it gives us leverage if we wait and wait and wait, And all that happens is guys go out and get paid more and more and more.
Speaker 2: It's always going up.
Speaker 1: So then it comes time to pay your guy and they end up losing and having to overpay if they'd just done it sooner.
Speaker 3: Right, It's just kind of the way things go. Right, It's been that way. The only thing I would say on that is like, we don't know who is stopping that. We think it's the Cowboys, but there's a chance Mike's agent's like, Okay, yeah, Mike is. Whatever Micah says doesn't matter. We will talk when we're ready to talk. But the Cowboys have a history in a way of doing things, and they rarely change. That's why Brian Schottenheimer is your head coach, Johnny. He's the one who might have to influence change, which sounds crazy. He's the one going out and hiring some new coaches that aren't familiar, you know, some different guys and a couple of colleges and things like that, and maybe it has to be there. Now when you go to what happened today, pretty much everyone who has money to spend is spending a lot of money. Now, these deals can't be official to a Wednesday today. They're all like, you can agree to deals, but dude, Twitter is shut down three or four times today, Elon saying they got cyber. I think NFL Free Agency just couldn't keep it in their pants. I mean last night it was going down. DeVante Adams signed with the Rams, Like all these names are going quarterback movement, and today there's the big one. Jordan Lewis goes to the Jaguars for three years at thirty million dollars. Guy's been here for eight years, he's had some severe injuries. Would have loved to have him, but I don't think that too much for him is the way. Well, I don't think ten million for him after you've just given twenty to Osa and you're about to be giving forty to Micah is a good way of doing business. But you also don't have any cornerbacks.
Speaker 1: You have two healthy corners, and he was dominant last year, dominant as this as a nickel guy, as a slot guy, he was great, and you need cornerback depth now by losing him, I think your cornerback needs race up your charts, like what are the biggest needs in your opinion right now for this team?
Speaker 3: So corner you need off it'sive line. You need one offensive lineman by the way, you're backup or you know, flexible starter offensive one and chew chew mylidoga. He's sign with the Jaguars two, which he's a very good like sixth man for your offensive line because he can play a bunch of places. So he's gone too. So yeah, I would say that offensive lineman defensive line. Oh yeah, we don't have a running back yet, probably just a second wide receiver.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff do they need to They need to trade back and get more picks and there if maybe if Shoodoor Sanders is dropping, or if somebody wants that Boise State running back or something is there because they're at twelve, right, Yes, you need something to be available at twelve that some team desperately wants that that they think they can't get when they pick. But since the Cowboys have wasted fourth round picks, since they always sit out free agency and they have so many needs, they just have to go acquire more picks. They need to trade back, trade back, trade back, trade back, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or like, are they gonna trade away from a player Micah? No, they're not, Like they're not. They're they're gonna sign Micah. It's like when and Micau's edge is like, well forty is good, let's we should just do that. So whatever Michaeh told the media, it doesn't matter Michah gets the news that you'll be getting this. I mean, Michael made some jokes about as long as I can get a lake house, maybe at lake house at Lake Tahoe. I was, yeah, it's like one of the more expensive lake houses. But don't have that's a cheaper one. That's not getting a lake house at Lake Ray Hubbard. No offense to Lake Ray Hubbard. Have you ever been on Lake Ray Hubbard? Ben, it's not good small talk. I mean it's fine. It's a fine lake, you know. So I think there's like that's hanging over their head. But they have fifty million dollars they could go spend like they they could go do stuff. And that's why I'm like kind of wondering why they're doing this. Again, it's not surprising. This is what they do. They they I mean, dude, I saw someone was looking and found the the the yacht and Jerry and his wife's yacht. Look, they're actually outside of Miami, like they're in America. Usually they're in Monaco, like you say, they're gone. So it's like that's pretty good. They're they're in town, although Jerry's probably not on it. It's probably just Gene hanging out whatever. So you lost that. Here's the guys that you kept, though. OsO was a great signing. OsO Dicky Zoo was probably a top ten free agent and you signed him for eighty or whatever it was. But then you start looking at things. Okay, well you run back your special teams guys, CJ. Goodwe Okay, oh we got Rock Hoffman back off Ron Hoffman, safety Marquis Spell who could also play linebacker. Okay, he's back. Okay, cool. You haven't done anything, so I don't know. It's a got frustrating. Cowi's fans are going through it today because of all this, and it's just what it is though. It's they do this every year. They sleep on day one a free agency while everyone else is shopping, and then you get FOMO and at the end of the day, like I don't even know, Like spending money on guys if they if they can't play, is not smart. So I don't I'm not like mad at him. I just think it's like kind of I just think it's dumb. We do this every year. Yeah, you'll have to do the same thing every single year.
Speaker 1: Let us tip our caps to Ray Davis and the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Stars. Dude, look at there's there's two teams out there. Yeah, who are going for it that are making magical things happen, right full board, dude.
Speaker 3: Like the Stars, they're a new guy. They traded forward touch about goals in his first two games, and they're just living up at the top.
Speaker 2: Very nice.
Speaker 3: Rangers are going for it, absolutely going for it like they've spent all the money on Like they had a bad year last year, you got the injury bug. Absolutely going forward. A lot of people think they're gonna be one of the favorites to win in the American League.
Speaker 2: Mav still could do that.
Speaker 3: I mean we're a little we in a odd place where Lucas said, but they could still go for it this offseason.
Speaker 1: But right now, yeah, you know, people are more sad than anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Is just gonna be sad.
Speaker 3: And Kevin Durant great, Okay.
Speaker 1: You have to realize, if you know here in Dallas Fort Worth, you know, the MAVs championship was in the face of a super team. It was, oh, we see how all these superstars are on a banana boat and they're orchestrating going to one team together to build a super team. It's like the you know, the microwave version of winning it all. Well, the Mavericks did it the hard way. They had one guy for twenty one seasons of absolute loyalty and finally scaled that mountain and got it done.
Speaker 2: That's what we like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so if you're telling MAVs fans, hey, look, no, don't.
Speaker 2: Worry about it. We're gonna get three superstars together and go win one.
Speaker 1: I think that's where the MAVs Stedd's like, wait, what we want?
Speaker 2: We want twenty one seasons of seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, that's the problem, like, and we'll always be the problem with that is that you can't you can't even make it right. There's no way to make it right because there was already too deep to even you know, he doesn't even Micah's tweeting all this stuff. The Commanders who are in your division are awesome. They traded, and they've traded like all the Commuters have traded pretty much all their draft picks for one of the best offensive lineman football Laremy Tunzel, the gas mask guy. And Mike is out there tweeting WTF, Like Michael wants the Cowboys to do stuff right. He's watching all this happen and even he's going, what are you doing? Someone do something? So I don't know nothing, nothing so far, A traditional first day of free agency for the Cowboys, which is really just snapping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very depressing.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next in the weekly weekday update, where are you gonna take it?
Speaker 3: I think we'll do the Today game next action, Oh yeah, let's do the Today game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And where are you gonna take us in the Today game? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, So I'm gonna surprise you with this one. You won't believe who's dong he's turning this age?
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll find out.
Speaker 1: By the way, White Lotus pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of penis.
Speaker 2: Ye all right?
Speaker 3: Uh pause, and then before we get there, yeah,