Speaker 1: My mom loves that song. It's the bened Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle hanging out with you on a gorgeous Tuesday afternoon. You guys like that overcast vibe out there?
Speaker 2: I kind of do, do you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it touched the inner soul of Seattle Christina?
Speaker 2: I mean I still haven't been, but yes, neither.
Speaker 1: I've been to Portland. I've not been to Seattle. You guys have been to Seattle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, Portland's awesome, Portland's brad love Portland.
Speaker 1: Seattle is one of my favorite cities. I need to get there. I've failed myself by not getting to Seattle. You know what, let's give some tickets away to someone who's not only been to Seattle, which you can lie to us about that part, but someone that was listening to the opening segment. There was a name I threw out there at KT to try to get him to name his firstborn child that name. It's also a character and planet of the Apes. The first person that can use the iHeart app where you can stream our show. You can stream all the iHeart stations, but especially right here at night. Some point one the Eagle leave the name of the question I just asked, as well as your first name and last name, your email address, and your phone number. Do that using the talkback feature on the streaming app, the iHeart App. First person to do it, you'll win tickets to BFD May twenty fifth, Dosaki's Pavilion. Marilyn Manson's the headliner of That Bad Boy, So these are highly coveted tickets. People are dying to go to this. You can win tickets. We'll be giving away tickets all week long, so make sure to stay tuned right here to the Ben and Skin show in ninety seven point one the Eagle for your chance to win. All right, now it's time for this juicing your moves.
Speaker 4: Hot guys, every come stay on top in the hot boot shovel shut.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: It's officially SNL week, all right, because the fiftieth is on Sunday night. Oh and on Saturday night they're going to air the first episode from nineteen seventy five, which have you guys seeing the movie yet?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm excited to see that first episode. We got one guy, we had one guy holding the show back here. I'm gonna watch it on Presidents. What are you doing tonight it's ninety minutes. I think me and my wife are gonna watch the Stow movie. It's it's very easy to get on Netflix, right, Yeah, Okay, watching it tonight.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I was wondering how much of it was real and how much of it they had to do just to make it spicier. Did that much stuff really happen in that window?
Speaker 4: I think a lot of it did. Now, there are a few things probably did. I'm sure that a big well yeah.
Speaker 3: Like what's his name pulled out his thing and on set.
Speaker 4: And that's a true story, and it really yes, Okay, look excited she got about that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just shocked that he actually did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the longest fake Wiener and then Belushi was Belushi was out on an ice skating rink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that part I don't know, but I do know he was not under contract and was poudy. So that night, So airing the first episode on Saturday, and then Friday night is a SNL fiftieth homecoming concert that's gonna air live.
Speaker 1: It's a lot going on. Where is that airing? I'd be seeing people, yep, And that's what night Friday night. Okay, good, I'm gonna watch that instead of the futures game in the NBA.
Speaker 4: I definitely won't be taking any of that in. Let's so and then and then after all this happens, there's a six hundred page book coming out called Lorn, a guy who is eighty and has been mostly private about his personal life, and apparently we get into all of it. The creator of SNL Lorne Michaels. Is it authorized or unauthored? Authorized? Wow, let's go.
Speaker 2: I bet you're so excited.
Speaker 5: Case.
Speaker 4: I am so thrilled, and I pre ordered it and I'm ready for that book to get here. So some excerpts have trickled out from the book. Okay, a few things you're gonna go into. You know, why do they keep a lama backstage? And I know because it's a variety show and I like to pay money to have a lama back here just in case we do something where we're going to take a thing and he's going to get into how they do the show. And he has never talked about any of this stuff. There's a lot of things, but the biggots excerpt that's getting a lot of play right now is about when they had Trump host in twenty fifteen, because the staff was pretty divided on this. There was a lot of people who are like, ef it, I'm not coming to work this week.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: In twenty fifteen, it was not seen, at least Lauren says, it was not seen by him that Trump was a serious candidate yet, right, And I think I would need to pull up the exact date of when, because.
Speaker 1: It was still it was it was still over a year from when he got elected. Yeah, So what happened was if this was twenty fifteen, this is before the Republican primaries, and if you were just this is this is just you know, history. If you go back and look at twenty fifteen, he was still very much at war with the Republican part because you had a lot of old Republican guards. Now since then, he dominates the Republican Party like nobody has probably honestly since Reagan. But back then in twenty fifteen, there was like seven people on stage. If you guys go back and remember when he was trying to win the primary, he was looked at as a long shot, and then during that whole twenty fifteen cycle, he just kicked everybody's ass, right, So well, hold on, and you guys remember what happened on the Fallon Show. Oh yeah, when Fallon rubbed his head. Jimmy Fallon played with him and rubbed his head, messed his hair up, and it was all silly and fun in games. Because again to Katie's point, this is just history, This is not an opinion. No, this in twenty fifteen, he was looked at as a very very outsider long shot to win the primary. When Fallon did that, his ratings dropped and Colbert passed him. Yeah, and Fallen has never caught up. Usually, usually a lot of these shows have a very like SNL is a very left leaning lib audience, and so oh it doesn't surprise you that same with Fallon. It doesn't surprise you that if he did that, he would turn off a part of his audience because of how stupid our politics.
Speaker 3: Know why anybody would ever be political and entertainment for any reason unless they were doing political Yeah, must sayment what they were doing. Yeah, you just cut your audience in half. There's no way. I mean, I don't know how you recover from that.
Speaker 1: And I think to Katy's point, Trump was just looked at differently at that time because he was a TV star.
Speaker 4: And Lauren says in this book, it's the hardest thing for me to explain to this generation is that the show is a nonpartisan. We have our biases, we have our people that we like better than others. In this book, it says that some staffers recalled that Lauren had wanted to tone down a harsh Trump sketch.
Speaker 1: The quote that's gone wild.
Speaker 4: Though on the internet is a former cast member said this, Lauren has lost his effing mind and someone needs to shoot him in the back of the head. Regarding the decision to have Trump host. Do you guys want to guess who the former est member was? Was it someone who was on the cast?
Speaker 1: Then? Yeah, in twenty fifteen, yep.
Speaker 3: Damn Okay, Well it would it would to me hearing that it would have to be one of the more established hoasts.
Speaker 1: I'll read him out to you. I think I know who. Hold on, before you read out, I want to write it down. I don't know if this person was still on the show at this time, but I just for to edify myself. I want to write it down, all right.
Speaker 3: Play the man at the game.
Speaker 4: See what order he goes in Vanessa Bayer, Beck Bennett, Eddie Bryant, Colin Joes, Taran Killen, Kate McKinnon, Kyle Mooney, Bobby Mornahan, Jay Farrow, Cecily Strong, Keenan Thompson.
Speaker 1: I'm changing my vote, Sosher's.
Speaker 4: Zameta, Michael J. Pete, Davidson, Leslie Jones, John Ridinsky, Tim Robinson, the great Tim Robinson, No wonderful Tim Robinson.
Speaker 1: All right, I know who I got. I changed mine. I know because the person I wrote down wasn't on the show anymore. Okay, who do you got, Christina?
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys know the all of these guys more than I do.
Speaker 1: I wrote. Cecily Strong, nope, Kate McKinnon nope.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, no, no female, It is starve. I think you should leave Tim Robinson with the controversial comedy.
Speaker 1: Did he get kicked off for that? I don't think so. He got kicked off because he was only on one sketch. Ever, it was so good too, Now it was good.
Speaker 4: The NBA theme the antidote is not a direct quote from Robinson to the author, but another person's recollection of Robinson's reaction.
Speaker 1: Warren has lost his mind and someone needs to shoot him in the back of the head. But on a comedy show, it's okay to say that, So there you go. That's it's kind of funny. That's got me writing to read the book.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Wasn't Tim Robinson in a commercial superl He was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, to a Tino's commercial.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically him and Sam Richardson is his partner.
Speaker 3: They make a good pizza roll.
Speaker 1: They did. It was good.
Speaker 4: It was actually yeah, it was funny. It kind of it didn't wasn't high on the ratings, and I meant to play if Dan didn't. So for the concert that we have, the SNL fifty concert, why did I shut the window because I had it right there. There's a lot of bands that have been booked and they're adding some still. And they also announced the cast for Sunday Night. Okay, so you have fifty years of SNL, but you still make a cast. Imagine that too if you've been on the show and like, you don't get picked. Look, why didn't I get picked?
Speaker 1: So wait, how many cast members are there going to be? So there will be about fifteen, that's maybe it's twenty. I've got it right here.
Speaker 2: I just Scar Joe I believe was on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got we got it as a cast member.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah yeah, because they get actors to do it too, That's what kind of makes it fun. Here is your cast for us now fifty Here we go, God, Kevin, I was so organized in a dog Garlett, Johann Bad Bunny, what Quenta Brunson, Avid Elementary, great show Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Oh so these aren't cast members. They have cast members too, but they get to be a part of the cast.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dave Chappelle, But basically they're going to be putting his sketches all of it. Yes, Dave Chappelle, Miley Cyrus, Adam Driver, I owe ed Abury from the Bear. So these are guests, Tom Hanks, these your cast members for the fiftieth. Skin is so stuck on that none of these have ever been cast.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought you were saying, like, Will Ferrell is going to come back cast They are? They are? They are? All right.
Speaker 4: You have these people, and then you have your people who are actually on the cast cast members, and you combine it all.
Speaker 1: It's it's all good. Will Ferrell's one of them, of course. Guest host dan Ackroyd.
Speaker 4: Dan Aykroyd is not. He was on the fortieth, so I think that's probably why they're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: Plus he was a cast member. Now one bit to.
Speaker 4: Watch for Sunday Night will be the end memoriam because at the end they will pan to John Lovett and it's so good. So Andy Sandberg, Amy Polar, Chris Rock, Fred Armison, Garrett Morris from the original came, Jane Curtin, what Jason sedeikis, Jimmy Fallon, Kate McKinnon, Keenan, Lorraine Newman.
Speaker 1: So these are cast members. That's what I'm saying. There's both.
Speaker 4: It's what I'm saying current cast members too, because Keenan, My Rudolph, Molly Shannon, Pete Davidson, Seth those are cast members.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fragmented. So the first part we're guest hosts and now he's current and former.
Speaker 4: Ye dude, they're just they're going to be a part of the thing, and when they read it out at the beginning of the show, they're going to be mentioned the guest host and then the cast.
Speaker 2: I want to know about the band members, what bands are gonna be.
Speaker 1: Playing, They're gonna be current members of the current lot of both. I know Jack White's playing Jack is he a cast member?
Speaker 4: Sometimes will be in sketches or will we be playing I've lost my desire to even.
Speaker 1: Watch encourage it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to stop it.
Speaker 1: It's been a tough week, you know, and it's just like you don't want this is there? It was a music director for the super band go home and jump in the whole up and digging into my back. Man, Kevin, can you go do the karaoke cam? It's not fun you know, it's not funny. I would like you to do a social media video from the whole. I'm going to try to get out of karaoke cam on Thursday night. No, no, we need you someone. I did it. I've already done it once.
Speaker 3: You have you have the balls to make a political statement on the cam.
Speaker 1: I actually do, but I I fear retribution, So you know we should Woody go do it because it doesn't matter, right, Like what about Woody and in La Luca Jersey because he's out of la Oh my god, they would not do that. All right?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Kevin, dude. I'm excited for you. I know how much you love us and l I'm excited for all of us, but especially for you and karaoke. He loves karaoke. Coming up next and around the sports, Another tough night for your fight in Dallas. Mavericks Next