Speaker 1: Resc crews are now in the fourth day of searching for a ninety two year old hiker missing an Allegheny State park, as news force in the Wiena Shapiro reports, rescuers hope a new description of where he was last seen will help their cause.
Speaker 2: Hamilton got lost in the park on Wednesday while hiking with his sixty six year old daughter, Rebecca Huffman. When Hamilton was too weak to continue, his daughter walked to safety the next morning and called for help. On Sunday, she came back to the park and handed police this picture she drew of a mysterious concrete structure. Liise Hamilton was last seen about one hundred feet from this structure. But here's the problem. Right now, officials can't find it.
Speaker 3: Hello, friends, and welcome to another episode. This time we invite you to join us as we discuss some of the absolute strangest missing person cases.
Speaker 4: That we've ever encountered.
Speaker 3: These stories are beyond strange and mysterious, have any rational or scientific explanation, yet, according to those that experienced them, they actually happened. So sit back, relax, and let us know what you think in the comments below. You have theories on any of these. If so, please share, We'd love to hear them. Missing ninety two year old and the mysterious structure nobody can identify. On November tenth, twenty ten, sixty six year old retired notice Rebecca Huffman and her ninety two year old father, Reverend Thomas Hamilton, got lost while hiking in the Allegheny State Park. They walked for miles through dark woods, climbed up hills on their hands and knees, and were freezing cold. The very next day, Rebecca walked to safety and called for help. She stated that her father was too weak to continue, so she told him to stay put and not move. Search and rescue was immediately deployed to the area, and there was no sign of her father Thomas. The next day, Rebecca came back to the park and handed police a picture She drove up a mysterious concrete structure about six feet in width and about fifteen to twenty feet wide. It was a three foot high structure that you can walk into and be standing on a rock like floor. Thomas was last seen about one hundred feet from the structure, but there was a huge problem. Officials were never able to find this mysterious structure that his daughter Rebecca described. A massive eight day search conducted by one hundreds of volunteers, police officers, firefighters, and K nine units over five thousand acres of the park turned up nothing. Strangely enough, two years later, his remains were found five hundred feet from where the search and rescue crews started their official search. The mysterious structure has never been located. Linda Artega and the people Hiding in the Bushes. On September twenty second, twenty twelve, Linda Artega and her brother Eddie Huff set out for a day's hiking in the Arkansas Ozarks. During which they were hiking was an area that they both frequented. However, during their hike, Eddie suddenly found himself in an unfamiliar area. Eddie looked up through the trees, hoping to find some degree of positioning from the mountains around him, and when he looked beside him, Linda had simply vanished. When Eddie eventually returned home, he seemingly had no memory of what had happened in the park. A search party was sent into the forest to find Linda, but with winter temperatures beginning to set in, and having left with barely any supplies at all, hope was fading fast. Linda would re emerge from the forest almost a week later. She appeared shocked and unnerved by whatever incident had unfolded and led her here. She would later claim, although the details were murky at best, that she came out across people, but when she asked her help, that act like they didn't hear her. Linda says she remember them looking right at her and not saying a thing. These people were hiding in the bushes. She says they were following me, but would not help me. In addition, Linda stated that dark figures appeared in the forest at dusk. They were like silhouettes that moved through the trees, but no matter how much she screamed, they couldn't hear her. She said they constantly watched her, but never acknowledged or cause for help. Linda said that she was just glad that the forest had finally released her. Casey Hathaway and the Bear.
Speaker 4: Three year old.
Speaker 3: Casey Hathaway disappeared from his great grandmother's backyard on January twenty fifth, twenty nineteen. Casey was playing with two other relatives in his great grandmother's backyard the day he went missing. When he didn't come inside when the others did, his family started searching for him.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 3: After forty five minutes past, his grandmother called nine one one.
Speaker 5: He was all, man, we lost my two year old grandson that's walked in the woods.
Speaker 6: Back then.
Speaker 5: We can't find him. Three year old gansl he there window her Paul sister. He's a every year old. Yeah, he's three. Okay. The girls come to the house and left him there, and he's walked off somewhere and we can't find him. And he was turning on you're not there's the house now, I had the house here, okay, And how long do you he brought in there? It's been at least forty five minutes because we've been looking at all in the woods board and then find your directly behind your hound. Yeah, well on the side, yeah.
Speaker 6: And then a white flight he was, you know, and he was wearing wow.
Speaker 5: Probably a black little coat. A black coat. Yeah, okay, I think you can do this.
Speaker 3: You do this.
Speaker 5: Where we go he is, yeah, he is there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks god, Okay, he said about forty five minutes ago. Yeah, okay, all right, is it.
Speaker 5: A big area of wood behind your house. Yeah, it's pretty big. I think he've been out there looking for him. Yeah, what is it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, we got it there, but he had to see you, okay, he said, forty five minutes directly behind your house or a side. Yeah, okay, you see it once that we have some deft said it that way, okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: He was walking in the woods back there, and we can't find him, his great grandmother told the nine won one dispatcher.
Speaker 4: The other ones came through.
Speaker 3: The house but left him there, and he walked off somewhere and we can can't find him. Search and rescue teams from across the state immediately came together to brave the treacher's terrain and low temperatures, hoping to find the Casey. Three days later, rescuers were still combing the woods when they heard the missing three old boy call out for his mother. In the emergency room, Casey started talking about what happened in the woods. He said he had a friend that was a bear. The bear took care of him and kept him warm while he was lost in the woods. Casey goes on to say that the bear also fed in berries. Now, the local sheriff stated that there are bears in the woods of Craven County, North Carolina, but there's no evidence to prove one was with Casey. He goes on to say, all that matters is that something was there to comfort Casey during the three days he was missing. Stephen Kubacki missing for over a year. One February morning and eighteen seventy eight, near Lake Michigan, Stephen Kobaki would venture out to indulge in several hours of skiing. However, when he still hadn't returned the following day, a huge search was put in motion. Strangely and ominously, footprints were discovered in a location where the student claimed to be heading, and ONTs more, they stopped right at the frozen water's edge. There was no sign of any markings on the frozen surface of the water and no signs that the ice had been broken anywhere. Later that day, stephen skis and backpack were discovered. However, no other sign of Stephen came to light, and the searches were eventually called off. His family, while not giving up hope, were prepared for the words. Then over a year later, in early May nineteen seventy nine, Stephen would appear out of the blue on his parents' doorstep. He had very little memory of where he had been. He had awoken early that day in a field in Pittsfield, hundreds of miles from where he disappeared and around forty miles from the family home. Even stranger, he was wearing clothes that weren't his and had a strange bag of maps with.
Speaker 4: Him that he didn't recognize.
Speaker 3: Rather than compensate himself financially with the mini offers from media people for his story, he instead retreated from the public, refusing to speak of the incident, of which he claimed he had no memory, and not wishing to undergo such things as hypnotic regression as he wasn't experiencing any psychological problems and wished.
Speaker 4: To keep it that way.
Speaker 3: Ambrose Smith gone for twenty four hours. Ambrose Smith normally played happily at home in Nowago County, Michigan, but on October the eighth, twenty thirteen, Ambrose was sitting in the lounge with her father when he briefly left the room, and upon his return, she was nowhere to be found. A massive search involving hundreds of volunteers was immediately activated, covering the entire surrounding area. It wasn't until the next day that Ambrose was found a few miles from her home. Strangely, she was discovered in a location that had been extensively searched the previous day. How the little girl had managed to traverse such a huge distance and invade the search teams who sprang into action so soon after her disappearance remains a complete mystery. Zen Wrong vanished while piloting an aircraft. On March fifteenth, twenty sixteen. Zen Wrong flew out of Van Arbor in a nineteen eighty four Cessna one seventy two p owned by the Michigan Flyers. When it was overdue to return, authorities were notified and the wreckage was found in a forested area near Manituaj, Ontario, northeast of Munissing over Lake Superior. The down testat that he had been flying was found in a densely world in Ontario.
Speaker 4: The same day.
Speaker 3: He rented the aircraft from a flying group at the ann Arbor Airport, but Zen was not at the scene of the crash and there were no footprints in the snow to indicate that Zen was in the aircraft at the time it crashed landed. All the evidence indicates the aircraft was operating normally and crashed because it ran out of fuel. Authorities have theorized that at some point prior to the crash, Zen must have eggsted the aircraft while it was.
Speaker 4: In the air.
Speaker 3: Searches around the crash site and along the route that the aircraft was known to have traveled were searched, and yet nothing was found. Another search was conducted in the Potoski area where zen cell phone last pained, but again nothing was found. Zen Wrong was an experienced pilot who was also a PhD candidate at the University of Michigan.
Speaker 4: As of this.
Speaker 3: Recording in June twenty twenty, his squarebouts were still unknown and his case remains a mystery.
Speaker 4: Hello friends.
Speaker 3: In this video, we're going to discuss the strange disappearances of some of the people you'd most likely unexpect to go missing. Park rangers. Now, we're using parks as a broad term in the scope of this video because it could include lands protected culturally or historically, including national parks, state parks, and other designated wildlife. Wilderness and recreational areas. Different countries use different names for this position. Warden is the favorite term in Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. Within the United States, the National Park Service refers to the position as a park ranger. The US Forest Service refers to the position as a forest ranger. Other countries use the term park warden or even game warden to describe this occupation. Now, the profession includes a number of disciplines and specializations, and park rangers are often required to be proficient in more than one of the following law enforcement, emergency response, firefighting, dispatch, scientists and scholar, maintenance and administration. These individuals, particularly those in administration, are often heavily cross trained in several of the aforementioned areas in order to allow for a knowledge of all other areas and duties under their authority. As a result, when people become lost or go missing in a park, the park rangers are usually the first ones on the scene to document the case and to start search and rescue efforts into motion. More than anyone, park rangers are very familiar with the missing person phenomenon which happens in parks around the world, and were actually among the first to write about it, But what happens when one of these rangers themselves go missing? I invite you to join me now as we explore five strange cases of missing park rangers. With that set, let's begin.
Speaker 4: Number one ranger, Ralph W. Heath. Ralph W.
Speaker 3: Heath was a park ranger at Baxter State Park in Maine, United States, who allegedly died of exposure while attempting to rescue a woman who was lost on Mount Cataden in nineteen sixty three. On Monday, October twenty eighth of that year, two women, Helen Mower and Margaret Ibsik, both from Concord, Massachusetts, took the Cathedral Trail and climbed Baxter Peak on the mountain. They reached the summit and stopped to have lunch at around one thirty in the afternoon. When the two friends decided to start their hike again and head back down, they had a small argument over the route Margaret wanted to take. Helen simply wanted to go back the way they came, but Margaret wanted to bushwhack, which very simply put means to leave the established trail or get off the beaten path as it were. Helen knew how risky this was. Although Margaret had more hiking experience than she did, not by much and only three years total. She thought it way too dangerous and stormed off to take Dudley Trail, which was the original trail they had taken to get there in the first place, and let her friend make her own mistakes.
Speaker 4: And go her own way.
Speaker 3: It was a decision she would later regret very much. Margaret, on the other hand, thought she was taking a shortcut and laughed off her friend's warnings, and they went their separate ways, agreeing to meet at the Chimney Pond lean to. When Helen reached the final destination and saw there was no sign of Margaret, she decided to wait, but got very worried very quickly. Though it was a nice and sunny day out that day, but nor'easter was blowing in and the weather was about to very quickly take a turn for the worse. She started calling for Margaret at the headwheel near and towards the mountain itself. She was pleasantly surprised when she heard her friend respond and started calling back, despite the fact she was asking for help. Margaret yelled that she was not hurt, but was stuck in the treacherous terrain and wouldn't possibly be able to continue or turn back, and pleaded with Helen to go and get some help. This is when Helen made her way to the ranger station and encountered Ranger Ralph Heath having dinner. She explained the situation, and Ralph immediately knew how dangerous that path was and how serious the problem they had. He was, however, thanking his lucky stars in his mind at least that there hadn't been any snowfall, at least not yet, as any other year, for as far back as he could remember, there would have been snow covering the mountain.
Speaker 4: For weeks at that point in the year.
Speaker 3: Ralph followed Helen back to Chimney Point and yelled out of the direction of Margaret and instructed her in a very calm and clear voice to stay where she was and not try to move.
Speaker 4: Or go anywhere. Help was on the way.
Speaker 3: With the wind increasing like it was, Ralph knew that the situation could go from scary to deadly in a matter of just seconds.
Speaker 4: He had to act fast.
Speaker 3: He took Helen back to the ranger station and radioed his supervisor Helen Taylor, and told him there was a hiker stranded in the upper basin on the mountain. Now, a little background on mister Ralph Heath to show what a brave man he was, indeed, and now he was definitely not someone to shy away from trouble. He served in World War Two and was honorably discharged. However, a house fire destroyed everything he owned with the clothes on his back, including his discharge papers. He was redrafted to serve in the Korean War before anyone could verify he had already been discharged and had finished his service to the country. Ralph, however, went without hesitation to serve, only for his wife to decide she didn't want to deal with another tour, especially one he shouldn't have had to have gone on, and filed for divorce. So this was a man who was seeking solitude and peace in his life after all of this tragedy and heartbreak, and he absolutely loved his job as a ranger and the beauty of the mountains. Despite the weather outside becoming more and more perilous and the orders from the supervising ranger that they had to wait until morning to attempt any kind of search and rest.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ralph decided the risk to Margaret was too great leaving her out there all alone at night. Snow was definitely coming out, a lot of it. He decided to attempt to rescue himself, despite it being nightfall and dark outside. The temperature had drastically dropped as well. He borrowed Helen's backpack and filled it with essentials such as food, a sleeping bag, water, a parka, and extra clothes. He also took eighty feet of rope, and at eleven pm that same night, headed alone down Dudley Trail. It wasn't until five hours later, at four in the morning, that he reported back to Helen. He told her he had spoken to Margaret about an hour after heading out and was able to turn her location. When he again told her to stay put and assured her help was on the way, she reiterated she was uninjured, but very cold. She's probably more than a little scared as well, I'm sure. He told Helen that Margaret was near the waterfall and he wouldn't be able to reach her without more rope and more people. This was an area that even ice climbers considered treacherous and dangerous. Ralph was also extremely concerned because Margaret was refusing to stay and wait for help to arrive, and was determined to find a way out herself for fear she would freeze to death before anyone would be able to rescue her. After reassuring Helen and telling her what was going on, he contacted his supervisor, Peel and Taylor, and made him aware as well. Taylor dispatched the main Force Service, two additional park rangers, and a main game warden. By six in the morning Tuesday, the twenty ninth, an icy rain began to fall and the wind had picked up drastically. Ralph heath ate his breakfast and then informed Helen Mayer of his plans. He was going to send the ravine from Chimney Pond climbed straight up the head wall and into the waterfall, where he would provide comfort to Barbara, and if he couldn't manage to rescue himself, at least she wouldn't be scared alone, and he would wait whi her until the additional resources arrived to get them both out. Now, he was clearly putting himself at great risk, knowing it was unlikely he would be able to do anything but just sit with Margaret and waite. Yep, he did it anyway. He was truly a hero. While the plan was very reasonable, and despite being a chainsmoker, Ralph was in great shape and a capable hiker and climber. However, he had hiked Dudley Trail four times in the last twenty four hours, and it was a very strenuous and hard trail to get through. He was absolutely exhausted at this point. It shouldn't have been doing any more hiking or climbing without getting so much needed rested. This would, after all, be a trail less climb he was planning to make. He wasn't going to leave Margaret, however, so the admonishments and warnings from his coworkers and even Helen fell on deaf ears. Ralph reached Barbara just as Hurricane Jenny.
Speaker 4: Reached the mountain.
Speaker 3: He sat with her for a little while and the two hunkered down. A ranger sergeant set out on foot towards Chimney Pond as well, and stated that by the time he got to just the basin, the conditions were white out with gale force winds. By noon, not even the jeeps could make it to the trailhead. There was eighteen inches of snow already and more falling fast. He even reported that only half way up the mountain his clothes had frozen solid and literally cracked at the elbows. Having no visibility in facing merciless winds, not to mention the condition of his clothing, forced him back down the mountain. He stated he knew that both Ralph and Margaret were in some very serious trouble. His help could no longer get to them, it would be impossible for them to help themselves as well. The following morning, Wednesday, October thirtieth, nineteen sixty three, Warden's supervisor, David Priest, returned to Roaring Brook and set up what we today call an incident command center, and had at least thirty five people there at working at all times. All different avenues of help were brought in and explored, but nobody could do anything as the snow was still accumulating and fast. On Friday morning flashed forward to November first, now been five full days since Margaret had gotten herself stuck, and four whole days since Ralph Heath had joined her to provide comfort and possible rescue, which we know now he was unable to do. On Saturday, November second, all teams and persons involved decided that any rescue attempts were futile, that they were simply wasting resources. At that point, Mister William Lowell Putnam third was one of the most experienced mountaineers in the country at the time and had been helping with the rescue efforts since Friday. Finally, on Sunday, November third, he made the statement that he believed Ralph and Margaret had most likely died on Tuesday, and reiterated the waste of resources should they continue on this impossible trick to try and save them. It was until almost six months later, in April of nineteen sixty four, that Margaret Iversix's body was found and finally able to be brought down the mountain and sent home. Even at this time, though they needed chemical salts to melt the ice, was not to damage the corpse anyone way, and the rescue still took an additional three days. It was found during the autopsy that Margaret was severely injured and hadn't survived more than a few hours due to the extreme blood loss. Her official cause of death was exaguination. In other words, she bled out. Two weeks later, on May fifteenth, they finally found Ralph's body. He was found, oddly enough, four hundred feet above where Margaret was found. They airlifted him out of there, and his autopsy showed nothing at all. The coroner stated, it looks as if he simply sat down and went to sleep, which is not uncommon when people freeze to death. Now, Folks, though this was a bit of a long one, I think it's important we go over a few of the facts here. First, If Margaret had died very quickly after getting stuck where she was, how is she yelling to Ralph hours later? She had severed an artery in her leg and would have bled out within just minutes. Still, she was calling out and answering him hours after she initially got stuck. How is this even possible? She called out to Helen as well, even before that, and we know neither one was under any kind of duress or sick at all, so they couldn't have been hallucinating. There were no other bodies found in the area that time, and no one else had come forward claiming to have been the person stuck up there, and answering or calling for help that could have been mistaken for Margaret. This is very strange, but becoming more and more common. Either search and rescue workers will hear the calls of people who are missing, only to never be able to find the location where the calls are coming from, or the person who is stuck or lost will hear search and rescue but never seem to be able to find them either. The weather coming on so suddenly and so strong all at once is another very familiar factor when talking about the missing in the woods and the mountains. In fact, there were weeks late for any snow at all, and the weather started out that d is sunny and warm. This is just one of the many parameters we now look at while investigating the strange deaths and disappearances in the national parks. How and why did it all come on so suddenly, almost remarkably so? I guess we'll never know, But that doesn't stop us from investigating and pondering and searching for answers in the truth, though, does it? Number two Ranger Randy Morgeson. In July of nineteen ninety six, Ranger Randy Morgeson was working as a backcountry ranger at Sequoia in Kings Canyon National Parks. He was the most ranger in the High Sierras, having been a backwoods ranger for twenty eight years at that time. On this particular day, July twenty first, nineteen ninety six, Randy loaded his pack and went on his routine and regular patrol of his station. He was sixty four years old and then almost perfect health. Some of his co workers even thought he was invincible and impervious to the perils that came with a job. It was just about daybreak when he headed out to patrol near Bench Lake, taking nothing with him but an old ski pole to use as a hiking stick. He was never seen or heard from again. Now, as is often the case in these strange disappearances, a sudden rain started to fall blew up out of nowhere, got rid of any footprints or other evidence as to where Ranger Randy could have possibly gone or what could have happened to him. Over the following days, there was plenty of frustration as dogs followed since that seemed to abruptly stop, and random pieces of gear were found in several different locations, but none could be positively linked to Randy. A Flare helicopter equipped with an infrared camera picked up a campfire burning on a hillside, but with no one insight tending it. Eventually, the search was called off with no sign of Randy or a body. Then a letter arrived at Randy and Judy Morganson's home in Sodona, Arizona. Randy Judy opened the letter and noted it had been postmarked two days after his apparent disappearance. Since there is no postal service in the National Park Judy didn't understand just how Randy could have mailed the letter. That added to the suspicions that he had simply left the area to start a new life away from the National Park Service. Thirteen days after Randy had been reported missing in early August nineteen ninety six, the official search, which included helicopters, dog teams, and dozens upon dozens of volunteers, was called off. Not a single trace of Randy had been found, not even a footprint. Finally, in July two thousand and one, five years after the search was called off for Randy, a nineteen year old member of a California Conservation Corps trail building crew ventured off trail and found some remains. The worker found some new evidence near a creek and a gorge in the Widowpeak drainage, very near the outermost borders of the search, below the pools of a waterfall. Rangers were called in to search and soon discovered a tattered shirt with Morganson's badge attached, then a backpack with a buckle fastened, and a boot. On close examination of the single boot, which was half submerged in water, it had something white protruding from.
Speaker 4: It, a leg bone.
Speaker 3: The boot and pack seemed to match the description of gear that Randy reportedly had been using that day. Teams for both investigation and recovery were flown in, and shortly after a functioning park issue radio was discovered, resting on top of the falls, not at the bottom like the other evidence. It was turned to the on position. This discovery confused matters even more. Although these remains seemed to confirm Randy had been in the mountains the whole time, investigators weren't certain whether this is where Randy had died. Rangers had remembered already searching the goorge and crossing at the exact spot where the radio was found. Retired Sierra Subdistrict ranger Aldon Nash, believes Morgeson had fallen through a snowbridge and broken his leg, and his body had simply been hidden beneath ice throughout the search. Weirdly, during the rescue attempt in nineteen ninety six, Randy's wife Judy had dreamed of a dead man floating in a lake. I don't think it was an accident, says Eric Blm, author of The Last Season, a book about the disappearance of Randy Morgeson, which is well.
Speaker 4: Worth a read.
Speaker 3: By the way, Blim says, Randy may have wanted to appear to have died on the job just to make sure Judy, who was to his wife at the time, got the benefit from the government, a policy not honored in the case of taking one's own life. If he wanted to throw off the dogs or sucker people into believing something happened, he did a great job, Blim says, after so many years with the bones nod, there's no way to say.
Speaker 4: Exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: The National Park Service named a peak in memory of the unofficial Mount Morgeson. So named in his memory is the first peak west of Mount Russell, a half a mile away and just north of Mount Whitney. Mount Morgeson should be distinguished from the west peak of Mount Russell, the higher than Russell's twin summits, which are only separated by tenth of a mile. A summit registered with the name Mount Randy Morgeson thirteen nine and twenty feet was taken to the top by two park veterans in two thousand and seven. A peak bagger named Richard Petowski found the original register missing when he climbed Mount Morgeson on June twentieth, two thousand and eight. He placed a temporary one that day and made a huge effort to return to the summit one week later with a weather proof AMMO can and a replacement journal. Barely a handful of people, if any, sign it each year. Number three Ranger Brendan Unit, Lara, merc County, Colorado, Department of National Resources Ranger Brendan Unit, twenty seven years old went missing while out searching at night for a missing boter Well. There been nothing reported about the results of the initial missing person who Brendan was looking for. It seems a sudden high wind event caused him to capsize in his boat and die of what was officially said to beat fresh water drowning. Now, folks, I'm no expert, but what I do know about is the strange weather events and causes of death that just don't fit the season or the profession the person in question was in. And I'm not the only one either. Many people are wondering how professional outdoorsmen could capsize and drown and what about this so called strange high wind event. Why does there always seem to be a sudden change in the weather during one of these missing persons encounters. These are the things many of us in this community wonder about after seeing case after case after case the same thing over and over again, but never with any definitive or even sensical answers. Number four ranger Jeff Christensen. In July of two thousand and five, another seasonal park ranger died under mysterious circumstances in the same county. Brendan unit passed away in as well. Jeff Christensen was conducting a routine backcountry patrol of the Lake Lawn trailhead when he allegedly lost his footing and fell from Mummy's Range in Rocky Mountain National Park in Laramber County, Colorado. The search for the initially missing ranger lasted a little over a week, and he was found on August sixth, two thousand and five by a hiker. The official cause of death was a left temporal skull fracture that led to a subdural hematoma. The ranger has been said to have lost his footing and died of a tragic accidental fall. He'd only been on the job for four years and was survived by his parents.
Speaker 4: Now is it.
Speaker 3: Possible for someone with at least four years experience to die of something so simple? Could it be that there's something out there in Ournwa parks and forest hunting these rangers. Perhaps they or it wants to take out the people who are going to be able to help and possibly even save the other people this mysterious predator or predators are trying to take out. We must keep searching for the truth. We owe it to all the people who die of something that is seemingly simple and accidental, but could very well be something much more sinister. Number five Ranger Paul Fugate. Here is yet another tragic account of a park ranger who vanished mysteriously while doing his job, never to be seen or heard from again. Now, Paul was known as a rebel and even anti establishment, to a point he stayed for weeks at a time in a small cobblestone cabin.
Speaker 4: On side of the monument.
Speaker 3: He was a nationalist who did small tasks such as answering the visitors questions and putting together trail guides. Originally, Paul worked at the Navajo Monument in Arizona, but it was transferred soon after being disciplined by one of his bosses about his laziness and slovenly appearance. Apparently, this supervisor admitted in a later report that he was annoyed he couldn't technically fire Paul, and also that he hated the hippies coming in to work for the monument. Paul was charged with stealing government equipment when he took some hay home for his wife's horse. He was in an openly open relationship with his wife and sleeping with multiple women who were co workers. While all of this may seem irrelevant, we must look at every aspect we can of a person's life when they go missing under such strange circumstances, especially when people in their profession are seemingly doing so.
Speaker 4: At an alarming rate, and have been for a while.
Speaker 3: Before he left his post that fateful day, he left instructions with the only other staff member there that if he wasn't back by a certain time, for them to close up without him. He then walked out and down towards the area of land the park was about to acquire, one which was shrouded in problems, as there had been much conflict about the four hundred acre purchase with the local Apache tribe. Again, he was never seen or heard from, and nobody has ever been found.
Speaker 7: Oh, I've been separated from my group. It's been a couple of hours now.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I was trying to find my way out and I can't, but I'm gonna stay here. I don't think that I went too far. I am. I'm not sure that I don't know the name of the cave. The last the last entry point was somewhere near to them, Guantanamo, Mexico. If someone can notify the police or the authorities, or someone can help, I'm gonna stay here. I have water and some food. I'm going to see here.
Speaker 3: Actually, Hello, friends, Steve's talkton here with you.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: For some, a walk in the wilderness can be the perfect getaway from everyday life and a chance to reconnect with mother Nature. For others, great outdoors can be a dangerous place, and unfortunately there's a place where many people meet their end or just mysteriously vanish. Heircases for you to consider. Randy Rascoe. On November nineteenth, twenty fifteen, park rangers at the Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky noticed that a car had been sitting in the car park for around two weeks. This immediately set off warning bells, and after doing some digging for information, they discovered that the car belonged to forty year old Randy Rascoe. As the car had been there for quite some time, the park rangers set about searching for Randy right away. When he couldn't be found in or near the parking area, they opened an investigation and widened their search. Park rangers and investigators contacted Randy's family to see if they had spoken to him, but chillingly, they had been out of contact for a few months. According to his sister Sherry, up until May twenty fifteen, everything was normal on a regular basis. He was doing his normal things, hunting, fishing, and kept in contact with her brother who lived close to his.
Speaker 4: Bowling Green apartment.
Speaker 3: Then, one day, out of the blue, he packed up his belongings, quit his job, and had his mail forward it to another address, and just left. Cherry said they filed a missing person's report after they found out he had just fled and were worried as he had recently gotten divorced. For a month, the Rascoe family waited for any news, and in June he was found safe and sound in Washington State. Randy made it clear that he didn't want to speak to his family at that time and wanted to be alone. As painful as it was, his family respected his boundaries and assured him they would welcome him back with open arms whenever he was ready. For the next few months, it's believed that Randy traveled all around the US a while maintaining his privacy and secrecy. His family didn't know that anything was wrong until the Mammoth Cave National Park rangers contacted them to let them know that his car had been found abandoned. With this second disappearance, his family hoped that there would be a positive resolution, but sadly, Randy Rascoe is still missing. Search crews, volunteers, and even the Civil Air Patrol all joined the end of the search for Randy, scarringly over fifty three thousand acres of land of the park. Despite their best efforts and multiple searches, no sign of Randy has ever been found, and his car is the only clue we have in terms of his mysterious disappearance. Randy Rascoe is described as a white male six foot two inches taught with black hair, hazel eyes, and a slim, athletic build. Anyone with any information is as to please contact the Mammoth Cave National Park at two seven zero seven five eighty two to one eight zero. Catherine van Alst, eight year old Katherine van Alst, disappeared from Devil's Den State Park near Arkansas's Ozark National Forest when she and her family were camping. Catherine apparently was playing with her brothers when she wandered off and got lost. What makes Catherine's disappearance remarkable is she was found six days later. When found she was wandering the woods and was eerily calm. University of Arkansas student Border Chadwick was part of the search party that found Catherine. He told the Pittsburgh Press that when he found her, she walked starically out of a cave and just said, here I am. Many other hikers have gotten lost in that part of the Ozarks and haven't been as lucky as Catherine. A grown woman was lost there for seventeen days and died just fifty yards from the road. How did Catherine survive in the woods for six days? Did someone take her only to return her six days later? Or is there an explanation of this story that we simply can't comprehend. Either way, someone or something might just be lurking in Devil's den. Kenny Veach Forty seven year old Kenny Veach mysteriously disappeared in the Mohave Desert in Nevada on November fourteenth, twenty fourteen. Kenny was hiking near Area fifty one and was looking for cave systems and mine shafts. Kenny has uploaded several videos to his YouTube channel under the username snake Bitt McGee, where he describes entering a cave with an M shaped opening. He wrote in one comment that ain't nothing. I'm a long distance hiker. One time, during one of my hikes out by Nellis Air Force Base. I found a hidden cave. The entrance to the cave was shaped like a perfect capital M. I always enter every cave I find, but as I began to enter this particular cave, my whole body began to vibrate. Suddenly, I became very scared and I tailed out of there. That was one of the strangest things that ever happened to me. Now, these videos gained popularity following his mysterious disappearance, and in these videos he does indeed talk about how his whole body vibrated and he felt scared upon entering this mysterious M cave armed with a gun and a camera. This time, Kenny headed back out to the M cave on November tenth, twenty fourteen, hoping to get a better look inside. However, Kenny never returned home. Although he was a very experienced hiker and outdoorsman, Kenny rarely took a map or GPS device with him on his hikes. According to his family, on the day of his disappearance, he told him that he would only be gone for a short overnight trip. Then when he didn't return home, they immediately called the police, police volunteers, and search and rescue teams all scattered the area where Kenny was last known to have been. On November twenty fourteen, volunteers found Kenny's phone. According to those volunteers, the trail went cold soon after they located his phone, and there have been no signs of Kenny ever since. At the time of this episode, the mysterious disappearance of Kenny Beach is very much alive in true crime and paranormal circles, but it appears that we are still no closer to uncovering.
Speaker 4: The truth.
Speaker 3: Devil's Whole and the tragic disappearance of two teens in nineteen sixty five. Now, there's just something about a place with the name devil in its title that pigs the curiosity of some people. There are countless locations all over the world which have this particular.
Speaker 4: Word in their name.
Speaker 3: Not only devil, either, there are many other words that symbolize or mean devil or evil, or some other form of something not very good or beautiful, given somewhate ironically to some of the world's most breathtaking and wondrous places. Times, the location will have got its name innocently enough, such as because the geology of the place simply looks foreboding and sinister, especially under the cover of night. Much of the time, these particular places are said to be cursed, enchanted, or downright evil, and the spooky and scary landscape only lends credence to these rumors and legends. So much of the time, though, these places with this particular word in the title are associated with not just devils, demon spirits, and other other worldly phenomenon, but with real tragedies, disappearances, deaths, maybe bizarre sounds and strange lights in the sky. Today, though, we're going to focus on one place in particular, where a mysterious tragedy struck Devil's Hole, which is located in the aptly named Death Valley National Park in California, United States. This portion of the Mahabi Desert contained in Death Valley National Park is the driest and hottest place in the United States. Near bad Water in the Long Trench of the desert, between the Panamint Range on the west and the Black Mountains on the east, is the lowest dry land in the Western Hemisphere, an amazing two hundred and eighty two feet below sea level, A veritable showcase of desert extremes. Death Valley National Park includes one of the largest salt pans on Earth, dramatically faulted landscapes, young volcanic craters, and massive dune fields. Today, we're going all the way back to the year nineteen sixty five. Death Valley was very different from the Los Angeles of the time, where there were uprisings happening all over the place and all of it being shown live on the evening news. Death Valley, California, was in one of the least populated parts of the state at the time, and a whole different world the more largely inhabited cities which surrounded it. On June twentieth, nineteen sixty five, four high school buddies set out to remote desert location about ninety miles northwest of Las Vegas. Their intent was to joydive into a deep geothermal abyss called Devil's Hole. Sadly, two the young men would never re emerge from this mysterious fossil water portal. Arriving at their destination, the foursome hiked up a hot barren hillsite which overlooked a large scale ranching operation that would nearly erase a much smaller and nearly ancient complex called ash Meadows. Within a few short years, a well traveled trail led to the entrance of a limestone chasm that had allegedly opened a whopping sixty thousand years ago after possibly some seismic event caused the roof of the cave to collapse in on itself. The Foursome of Boys, which was made up of Paul gian Kant's, a nineteen year old cafeteria worker at the nearby Nevada Test site, his new brother in law, twenty year old David Rose, who was a Las Vegas casino parking attendant, were with their other friend, nineteen year old Bill Alter, and his younger brother Jack. Boys scrambled under a fenced enclosure posted with warning signs, and thinking they were immune to any trouble these warning signs might be posted about, they proceeded to descend the thirty or so feet down to a ledge where the faint but flitting movement of tiny blue gray pupfish could be observed swimming.
Speaker 4: In the eight by sixty foot pool.
Speaker 3: That is, if any of the four young men had bothered to look just a bit closer at what they were about to jump into. After Suiting up with scuba tanks, masks, and dive lights, Paul, David, and Bill dove into the claustrophobic waters. The temperature was nearly indistinguishable from that of their skin.
Speaker 4: Upon entering the.
Speaker 3: Pool, The boys most likely disturbed the delicate algae spalling mats, where the entire population of the exceedingly rare Cyprinodon diabolus continues to prosper and breed exclusively. Jack was the only one who hadn't jumped in, as he was delegated the one who would remain stationed on the ledge in case anything went wrong. Some time after midnight, Paul failed to resurface, so David and Bill quickly redove into the waters in a vain attempt to locate their missing friend. Bill Alter frantically followed David Rose down to approximately one hundred and seventy feet until David two disappeared into the darkness. The bodies of the brothers in law were never recovered. Many people believed back then and still do believe that these young men were inspired to go diving at night despite the dangers in the specific place, because of a newspaper article from the year before which detailed a speleological research expedition of a massive underground lake below Death Valley led by a California base professional diver, Jim House, who would ironically dive numerous times around the clock with military personnel and other volunteer divers in their attempt to locate the missing men for thirty six whole hours until the search was eventually called off. The only traces left of the two brother in laws a mask and a snorkel. There was also a flashlight tied to allege some hundred feet below. It seemed to signal and effectively the way out of the otherworldly underwater cave system. Articles detailing the unsuccessful rescue effort were published nationwide in the Sarasota Journal, date of June twenty second, eighteen sixty five. Outstated that he had previously dived in Devil's Hole around three hundred times over twenty eight trips, further commenting, it's beautiful in there. It goes straight down one hundred and sixty feet like a pipe, then opens into a room that is about three hundred feet long and maybe forty feet wide. The bottom of the room is about two hundred and sixty feet down. Then it narrows into another tube. I dive to three hundred and fifteen feet. Maybe that's a record, I don't know. But at the end of the tube it opens again into something else. We don't know what the next room is, or if it's a room at all. It's like infinity. There are some very terrifying legends from the native tribes of the area about this particular place called Devil's Hole. The Timbasha told tales of water babies who would surface and swallow a swimmer or dive or hole should they stay in the pool for too long. Other legends suggested that so a Pizi, a legendary malevolent giant who dwelled at mountain springs and caves, would snatch and devour unwary victims. Miss was standing. Barbara Durham, an elder of the Tembisious Shoshone, who shared these stories at a two thousand and two workshop, admitted that she and her friends enjoyed how the pupfish tickled their toes when they played in the spring. Keep in mind here that the Devil's Whole pupfish, as they're specifically named, are considered by experts to be the rarest fish found anywhere on the planet. They were even the first ever species to be classified as endangered. The fish are not important to the story at all, really, but it seemed worth mentioning in order to reinforce how very special and perhaps a bit magical this place actually is. As far as the two young men who disappeared without a trace back in this mystical and extremely dangerous underwater cave system decades ago, well, they've never been found, and neither have any clues relating to what could it possibly happen to them. As for one more bit of interesting fact that could lend a bit of creden says something a bit more sinister being afoot, as the local tribes absolutely believe that this otherwise serene and tranquil looking water source. It's said that Charles Manson himself days at Devil's Hole trying to figure out a way to make it safely down into the chasm, with some saying he was convinced he would never have to come back up. Allegedly, he had an obsession with the place that was convinced that there was an underwater portal to an alternate dimension, or more specifically, a portal to the underworld where he felt he and his family would be able to safely wait out the coming apocalypse he so famously predicted what happened that never actually did. Charles Manson's problem lie in figuring out a way to drain the hole, and it seemed like he may have been given this idea by an alleged Indian legend that resurfaced during the nineteen twenties, contending that a subterranean sect of leather clad humanoids lived down within an early yellow green lid of boat somewhere in the Mahabi Desert. Could this possibly be true, just as with the case of these poor young men just doing what young men do and looking for a night or perhaps irresponsible but never thought to be deadly fun, we may never actually know. So if you do visit Death Valley in the Mohabi Desert just outside Las Vegas, don't venture into Devil's Hall.
Speaker 9: He slat out told us, Mom, she's dead. She needs our help. And that's when I got the goosebumps, and I was like, oh my gosh. He was just in our car and he was pointing out to a certain spot in the meadow.
Speaker 8: While Victoria Gorba and her family stopped for lunch, her son Kayden, began talking to someone.
Speaker 9: And my husband and I kind of looked at each other like what, and he goes, yeah, there's a lady over in the meadow in a black shirt, and I got goosebumps. He says, she needs our help. But she's dead and she's laying face down with her legs up and she can't talk to me. But she's over there. We need to go help her.
Speaker 8: Jake and Victoria checked out the middle but saw nothing.
Speaker 9: He kept saying, trust me, trust me, mom, And I was like, I trust you, Bud. You know, I believe you one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: Spooked, the couple decided to end the trip early and head home, and.
Speaker 9: We put it on Facebook seeing if anybody knew anything about the area, and come to find out that there was a lady missing with the description that he described to us was in a five mile radius of where we were.
Speaker 8: Sandra Hughes had gone missing in July of twenty twenty. Cayden had described her in detail and recognized her in three of four photos.
Speaker 9: He was very adamant that we needed to help her, and he described down to blue hair. He said, she has a black shirt, blue jeans and blue hair.
Speaker 7: Mom.
Speaker 9: That's the exact description of her when she went missing.
Speaker 3: Hello, friends, We recently learned of what may be one of the strangest updates to a missing person case that we've ever brought forth. Now, sometimes in these missing person cases that we cover, there will be a little bit of a paranormal or supernatural element. It's usually something small and not very significant to the overall case, but sometimes it seems that the unknown can play a larger part in these cases, stories of UFOs, the fae, bigfoot, or rather cryptids, portals, translucent entities, etc. But is it possible that the ghost of a missing woman may be trying to help solve her disappearance, or at least help locate or remains. We ask that you keep an open mind and consider it the following case. Back in episode number seven of our ten Unsolved National Park Disappearances series, we brought you the story of Sandra Hughes.
Speaker 4: To recap.
Speaker 3: Fifty four year old Sandra Johnson Hughes of California was last heard from on June twenty sixth, twenty twenty. Sandra had embarked on a solo camping trip in the Sierra South of Yosemite to escape from the current pandemic. Sandra had recently moved from Maui, Hawaii, to California in June of twenty twenty. She had trained to be a park ranger in college and was experiencing the outdoors. On July fifth of that year, the Madera County Sheriff's Office asked for the public's help in locating Sandra after they found her campsite near the Johnson's Meadow section of the forest in disarray. On that same day, the authorities located Hughes Silver sob and Shequido Creek to the north of the campsite. They said it appeared to have crashed into a tree at a speed of less than twenty miles per hour before rolling into the ravine. Aikers reported sat Sandra on July fourth, twenty twenty, and said she was barefoot and had a bruise on her face. They offered to help her, but she declined. Medical assistance officers and volunteers. Search and rescue teams for more than half a dour and other sheriff's departments, together with dog teams, the California Highway Patrol, and the Governor's Office of Emergency Services combed the forest on foot, while helicopters from California Air National Guard did an aerial search. The search focused around the area where her car was found, but there was no sign of Sandra. Then, on August ninth, twenty twenty two, hundreds saw a woman leaning against a tree along Road five S zero one near Beieslor Road. She did not wave them down, attempt contact, or appear to be in any distress. Upon returning, they recognizer from a missing persons fire and contacted park rangers. The hunter said that she appears to be visibly thinner than her last known photos. At the time of her disappearance, Sandra was a fifty four year old white female with blue shoulder lenked hair. Her natural color is brown. She has brown eyes, is approximately five foot three inches tall, and weighs about one hundred and fifty pounds. The search for Sandra was on going but limited. Now flashed forward to almost exactly one year later. This strange update to the case comes from the Madeare County Sheriff's Office in Madeira, California. It seems that a family from nearby Course Gold, California, experienced a bizarre broad daylight ghost sighting in the Madeir County Mountains on Wednesday, July twenty first, twenty twenty one. The event was so strange and disturbing that the Madera County Sheriff's Office felt the need to further investigate. It seems that a man named Jake Gorba, his wife Victoria, and their three children decided to take their four wheeler up to the shut Eye Peak on that faithful Wednesday. While on this family outing, they stopped to have something to eat beside the trail, and that's when things started to get strange. The couple's three year old son, Caden, suddenly began animatedly talking to someone nearby. He was just in our four wheeler and he was pointing out to a certain spot in the meadow, said his mom Victoria. The normally reserved and somewhat quiet Caden excitedly told his parents that they're in the meadow. By where the family was having lunch was a woman lying face down with her legs straight up in the air. Furthermore, Caden stated that the woman was unable to speak or move and needed help. He began pleading with his parents to help this poor a woman. He flat out told us, Mom, she's already dead, but she needs our help. And that's when I got the goose bumps. I was like, oh my gosh, Victoria said. He goes, yeah, there's a lady over in the meadow in a black shirt, blue jeans, and blue hair, and I got goose bumps, said Victoria. He says she needs our help, but she's dead and she's lying face down with her legs up. She can't talk to me, but she's over there. We need to go help her. So, in order to calm young Caden down, Jake and Victoria walked over and checked out the meadow but saw absolutely nothing. Caden continued to insist. He kept saying, trust me, trust me, Mom, And I was like, I trust you, I trust you. I believe you one hundred percent, said Victoria. Whatever young cat was experiencing so unnerved and spoke the rest of the family that the other members of the family all unanimously agreed time to put an early end to their day of adventure and make the thirty five mile drive back home to Course Call. After arriving home, the event still fresh in her mind, Victoria decided to post about the weird encounter on her Facebook profile. We put it on Facebook to see if anybody knew anything about this area, and come to find out there was a lady missing with a description that he described to us, within a five mile radius of where we were, said Victoria. Now viewers of this channel know from our previous episode number seven, Sandra Hughes had gone missing in that area in June of twenty twenty. When it became even more chilling when, according to Victoria, three year old Caden's highly detailed description of the woman he had seen in the meadow was identical to the description of Sandra Hughes as given by the local authorities. He was very adamant that we needed to help her, and he described her down to blue hair. He said, she has a black shirt, blue jeans, and blue hair.
Speaker 4: Mom.
Speaker 3: That's the exact description of her when she went missing, said Victoria. Then Victoria went and searched online for Sandra Hughes and found some photographs that have been released as a part of the search effort a year prior. Victory said she got goosebumps when Cayden readily recognized three of the photos of Sandra, identifying her as the woman he had seen in the field. As frait would have it, Madera County Sheriff Corporal Chris Williams just happened to see the Facebook post and found it intriguing, to say the least, so much so that he contacted Cayden's family to further investigate the chilling account. Victoria said the corporal in charge of her case actually reached out to us on Facebook and was like, Hey, we want more information and we want to bring you guys back up there and see if you could point us in the right direction. Corporal Williams has been investigating the disappears of Sander Hughes since the beginning of the investigation. On the following Thursday, two Madera County Sheriff's deputies ventured back up to the meadow to investigate, with Jake and Caden coming along to point them in the right direction. Unfortunately, the deputies found nothing new by way of evidence, although the case remains open. If she was possibly a ghost looking for some help, I hope that he could have at least helped and maybe helped the family find her, because it's been a long time apparently since she's been gone. Victoria said. The four wheeler that Cayden and his family used while traveling in the mountains has now been nicknamed the Ghost Runner, and incidentally, is also for sale. It's not believed that the spooky encounter is the reason they put the vehicle up for sale, as the family says they will continue to go adventuring in the Madeira Mountains, but do admit there are a few spots now which they aren't anxious to visit again anytime soon, if at all. Local news reporters in the area reached out to the Madera County Sheriff's office, who did confirm that they received a report of a possible sighting of some sort and they did go out to the location to search for any additional leads information. For now, the case remains open in hopes that this latest update regarding the spooking encounter may produce some new leads.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: As strange as this new development is, it's not the first time that possibly a ghost helped solve the missing person's case. Back on February twenty first, nineteen ninety seven, the TV show Unsolved Mysteries air to segment regarding a missing person's case from almost three years prior. This report told the story of twenty three year old Christine Scoubage and her three year old son Nick. They were driving along Highway fifty in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range in California when they vanished without a trace on June sixth, nineteen ninety four. Christine was a single mother and had recently completed paralegal training. She had plans of going to work for a prestigious law firm, and she helped to make enough money so that she and her child's father could be married. Christine left her stepparents home near Sacramento on June fifth, nineteen ninety four, on her way to Carson City, Nevada. After failing to make contact with her family. After three days, her stepfather, Dave Stotsenbach, reported her and her son missing on June eighth. The police took the missing person's report, but there were no initial leads.
Speaker 4: In the case.
Speaker 3: Five days after Christine and Nick disappeared, however, a woman named Deborah Hoyt and her husband were driving along the Highway fifty around three am.
Speaker 4: The pair were on.
Speaker 3: Along overnight drive and had been joking and singing in order to keep each other away. Suddenly never saw what appeared to be a completely naked woman lying on the side of the road. The naked woman's face was turned toward the road and she was laying on her side with her knees slightly bent. She had one arm placed beneath her head and the other arm held over her head. The Hoitz were shocked beyond belief. They thought it must have been some sort of sick practical joke, or perhaps he would employed to carjack them had they stopped. Deborah floored the accelerator instead and sped down Highway fifty, not stopping until she arrived at the nearest phone booth, where she proceeded to call the police.
Speaker 4: In just minutes.
Speaker 3: Two Sharf's cards with the scene were deboren seeing the naked woman's body, however, unable to pinpoint the exact location, The deputies reported that they saw and found nothing. The next morning, though speculations began that the sighting had something to do with the disappearance of Christine and Nick, who were the most recently missing people from that area. Due to the insistence from the family, deputy Rich Strasser decided to go back and have a closer look. Strasser figured that it might be easier to spot got anything out of the ordinary In the daylight, Debra had indicated that a particularly dangerous stretch of Highway fifty, known as Bullyon Bend, was where the incident took place. As Strasser patrolled the area, he spotted a new looking child's tennis shoe on the side.
Speaker 4: Of the road.
Speaker 3: Immediately next to that spot and the shoulder of the road was a steep embankment. Strasser pulled over his cruiser to search the area more thoroughly, and sure enough, at the bottom of the embankment he spotted the twisted remains of Christine's car. He checked Christine and observed that she was dead and unfortunately had been that way for quite some time. The deputy then went around to the other side to check Nick, who was curled up in a fetal position in the passenger seat. Strasser assumed the worst and was sure that Nick was also dead. However, when he touched the little boy's neck to find a pulse, it appeared that Nick took a breath. Strasser immediately radioed for an ambulance. Little Nick had been alone in the car for five days, yet he was somehow still clinging to life. Officials believed that sometime around two am on June sixth, Christine must have fallen asleep at the wheel. The car veered off the road and plunged to the bottom of the ditch, striking a tree. Due to the embankment being so steep, other drivers drove right past the accident, seen for days, unaware that it was just over the side of the road. It was later determined that Christine had been killed instantly on impact with a tree. Through your old Nick was all along with no way out and no one to talk to. Christine's mother says that she believes that little Nick spent the time talking to his mother, unaware that she was dead. Against all odds, he survived five days of intense heat and four nights of cold, trapped within the twisted remains of the car. Doctors who examined nickt stated that he was in such bad shape that he would have most likely die within a couple of hours had he not been found when he won. The strange encounter that saved Nick's life seems to defy any rational explanation. If Debora had not seen the naked woman lying on the side of the road, Nick would have not survived. Now it's absolutely impossible for Christine to have been the naked woman. She was still fully clothed and wearing her seatbelt when found, and the medical examiner stated that she was most likely killed on impact. Deborah Hoyt is one hundred percent certain that she saw a naked woman on the side of the road. Both she and Christine's family believe it was Christine's spirit who saved Nick that day. The spirit had apparently appeared in the nude in order to draw attention. Nick years later, as an adult, was interviewed on a television show Paranormal Witness. He remembers seeing a bright light surrounding the car following the accident. To this day, he believes that his mother was watching over him following the accident and helped him to be rescued. The show also revealed that Christine's aunt had several dreams or premonitions about the accident before Christine and Nick were even reported missing. She dreamed of seeing them lying in their car in a ditch. She also saw the number sixteen in the dream, which turned out to be the number for the mile marker nearest the accident's site. Well, there you have it. What do you think about the apparition that Little Kayden observed, which she identified as Sandra Hughes, even down to the color of her hair, which was dyed blue when she went missing. Is it possible that Sandra's spirit is attempting to communicate with a living in a desire that remains be found and her friend and loved ones have closure. It certainly appears that way. And what about the two other times she was spotted by High Christ.
Speaker 4: Was that actually her or was that an apparition?
Speaker 3: Hello friends, Today we'll be discussing three very strange wildernesses appearances. Now too of these cases remain unsolved, and one of these cases is a very remarkable story of a young man who survived for over seventy days lost in a forest. So sit back and relax. Have a listen. This is going to be a wild one. First up, Stephen van Pelt, the missing climber who vanished after he fell. Now, Mountain Jefferson is the second tallest mountain in Oregon and the only major volcanic center in the United States portion of the Cascade Range that hasn't erupted in the past ten thousand years. It stands at a majestic four hundred and ninety five feet tall and is part of the Cascade Range. According to climbing Officionados, the mountain summit pinnacle requires Class four scrambling on very steep, usually ice encrusted rock. It is considered by some to be the most difficult of the higher volcanoes. It is indeed a mountain to climb, and visitors are warned mountain to climb. Indeed, and visitors are warned numerous times not to try and complete the summit unless they are very experienced climbers. In this community, we've seen many types of accidents happen and mysteries begin in places like Mount Jefferson. Mother nature can be a cruel mistress, and when there are no answers to seemingly obvious questions, it can be downright frustrating. Such is the mystery of what happened to Stephen van Pelt. If a person falls off a mountain, it would make sense that they would be found right at the bottom, somewhere near at least from where they fell. Yes, that would make sense. It would almost make too much sense for this community that deals in mysteries just like this all the time. Stephen van Pelt seems to have fallen off the mountain and right off the face of the earth. Let's dealve a little deeper into the mysterious fall and the equally mysterious banishing of Stephen van Pelt. On Friday July twenty third, twenty twenty one, at around eleven forty five in the morning, a thirty three year old Salem, Moregon resident named Stephen Van Pelt was descending Mount Jefferson when he suddenly fell off the mountain and disappeared from the view of as climbing partner. The Marion County Sheriff's Office received the initial report and responded along with Lynn County deputies and the Lynn County Search and Rescue Team. Officials reported that this particular area of the mountain where Stephen had his fall is extremely dangerous and would require technical mountaineers to travel the mountainside in their search efforts. Initially, it was reported that Stephen hadn't been found right away because of terrain, which included snow and large boulders. There were also deep cliffs, crevices, rocks, and scree now. For this example, screen is defined as a mass of loose stones that form or cover a slope of a mountain, so basically his recovery was going to take some time. The deputies called in several other agencies to assist him in the search for Stephen, and these included Corvallis Mountain Rescue, Eugene Mountain Rescue, The Shoots Mountain Rescue, and Portland Mountain Rescue. Stephen Van Pelt worked at Salem's Morning Star Community Church as a program director.
Speaker 4: After his fall from.
Speaker 3: The mountain, his sister posted on social media that is believed Stephen ended up in a ravine that is inaccessible. However, it's also been stated that Stephen was not seen in or around this ravine when it was looked over. The search was eventually suspended and it was determined that Stephen would not be able to be recovered. He was never found. A statement written on behalf of his family said there is no more appropriate tombstone for Steve than Mount Jefferson. His wife, Caitlin, said that it's a huge comfort knowing her husband had come to re in Mount Jefferson and said he would have been thrilled to call this mountain his headstone. Obviously, Stephen van Felt loved the mountains and mountain climbing. His sister's social media post explains that he and his climbing partner had an incredible day together and Steve was on cloud nine after they summited the ten thy four hundred and ninety five foot pinnacle of Mount Jefferson. As they descended back down the mountain, Stephen's climbing partner watched him slip and fall hundreds of feet from what Stephen's climbing partner later said, we knew his end was immediate. Caitlin also stated how her husband loved the outdoors and how Mendocino County was a perfect place for an outdoorsman like Stephen. Before the search was officially called off, Lynn County Sheriff's Office, Lieutenant Brandon Fountain explained that the conditions of the terrain was becoming a hazard to all the searchers. Lieutenant Fountain continued that there is a specific drainage on Mount Jefferson for searchers believe he may have come to rest. First responders conducted a significant search of this drainage while rock and mud from above fell on the rescuers who were bound together by rope. Stephen's sister posted, my brother is and always has been a part of this mountain. He is and always has been a part of this rugged landscape. He is and has always been a part of this wilderness. Manicured grounds could never hold him.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The Minister here lies in the fact that despite all of these agencies working tirelessly together and literally exhausting themselves in their effort to find Stephen, he has never been found.
Speaker 4: There were even.
Speaker 3: Multiple flyoworks conducted by life Flight and the United States Army National Guard also joined in during the subsequent days of the search. Many people have begged the question, if Stephen fell from a specific place on the mountain, and someone watched him do it and pointed authorities to that exact spot, then why wasn't Stephen there at the bottom? Is he really there? These questions may never be answered, and while we respect the authorities and families belief that Steven has simply fallen into an area where it is impossible for him to be recovered, we have to wonder if he is actually there. As always, we hope someday the family is able to know for sure that Stephen is indeed resting at the bottom of his beloved mountain somewhere, and our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones. Next up, Fola Marie Miranda Rosa. On December thirty one, twenty one, the search for missing thirty one year old Folo Marie Miranda Rosa resumed at Wikieva River in Wikipa Springs Park, an area north of Orlando, Florida. Sources say two hikers in the area took footage and photos of the missing woman on December nineteenth, twenty twenty one, which was the day after her family reported her missing. Her family positively identified her in the footage. Un Named hikers said they observed the woman swimming in the river and took a couple of pictures because it was so unusual to see someone swimming there. Miranda Rosa has been missing since then. Her family had reported her missing the day after they last saw her on Friday, December seventeenth, twenty twenty one, a day spent visiting with family and having lunch together. Folo was said to have been in good spirits and nothing appeared.
Speaker 4: To be wrong. No one heard from her after.
Speaker 3: She left the family home that day, and she was reported missing that Sunday. On Monday, her family made flyers to put up around the parks and businesses in the area surrounding it. She never used to go out and leave her dogs alone at her house. She left with the purpose of returning to her home. We do not know what happened that she didn't return. She did not go back to her home. Von Rose Folo's mother, Totelamundo thirty one. In a phone interview, Miss Rosa went on to say that her daughter's past mental health problems could have been a part of her getting confused and becoming lost. It remains unclear if it's a factor in her disappearance. She also stated that her daughter may need help finding her way back home. We immediately felt something was wrong. It's just not normal, Miss Rosa continued in the Tilmundo interview. Now, Folo has battles schizophrenia in the past and has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Pile play isn't suspected at this time, the Oceila County Sheriff's Department says. Prior to the official search, the Sheriff's office released the statement saying they planned to search four and a half miles of the river around the area where Folo was last seen using special underwater camera equipment that has the capability to see it hard to reach areas that can't be explored by standard scuba equipment on searching the wooded areas on both sides of the river as well. Just days later, they began a three day search. One hundred and fifty law enforcement officers searched the park with scuba divers, boats, drones, volunteers, and bloodhounds. They were even volunteers on horseback, which helped pace the search. On December twenty first, twenty twenty one, Bullo's car was found at the park along with her wallet, purse, phone, and other personal items, and the keys were in the unlocked car, which is yet another strange circumstance in Fulo's disappearance. Her family spent the holiday season without Folo for the first time ever. Her sister andrew At Miranda told Fox Needs thirty five, it's hard to even focused on the fact that it's the holiday season. I don't even know what day it is right now. We see Christmas lights all around us. We see that, but your tunnel vision on the mission of finding her, of course, it hurts this holiday. We want to have her with us, but we have to do what we have to do. Bulla's father also gave the media the interview in which she stated, we love you. We are waiting for you. Everyone, family, your friends, and people who don't even know you. We are not giving up. We don't want anybody to give up. We want you to know that Fola was extremely loved. She loved us. Bulla is described as four foot ten inches tall and weighs one hundred and forty five pounds. She has brown eyes and reddish violet hair. She was wearing blue jean shorts and a white green shirt at the time she was last seen. Some people have suggested that she may have been attacked by an alligator. State Wildlife officials Glarida said attacks do happen, but are rare. Six years prior to Fola's disappearance and in the same part, a woman was attacked by an alligator but survived. Two other men have also been attacked in earlier years survived as well. It was also reported that Fola was being pushed into a car, although this hasn't been verified and the police haven't asked area businesses for video footage they may have. The family is asking that any business in that area with a camera to please turn over any footage from that day. The police send Sheriff's Office of asking anyone that may have information on Fola Marie Miranda Rosa's disappearance or if you saw her after she was reported missing, to please not be afraid to share the information even if it's wrong, say it turns out to be someone else. If you do have any information or tips you asked to police, call the Ostiola County Sheriff's Department at four zero seven three four eight two two two and reference Fola Miranda Rosa. Her sister Andrew had finished the interview with Fola, we love you and we want you home. Next up, Kevin Bear Henry. On February seventh, twenty twenty one, family and friends gathered a host of vigil for their friend and loved one that went missing in the wilands of a Canadian mountain. They solebrated the amazing life accomplishments for their bear, believing they were gone forever, lost for seventy four days in the Canadian wilderness, thirty seven year old Kevin Bear Henry screams for help went unheard. A two spirit indigenous person and environmental demonstrator Henry was last seen by family members on November twenty seventh, twenty twenty one, before embarking upon a journey into the wilds of Fairy Creek, Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The weather took a turn and it started to rain, further, making the situation worse. It began to get dark. Henry, having thought they had driven too far, tried to backtrack, but it was too late. They weren't found until February ninth, twenty twenty two. Driving their van through the beautiful and lush woods, headed to an old growth area of the forest to support a protest against Logginghindy was taking middle note of how bad the road was getting. The ruts and potholes were starting to take a toll on the old van. As they proceeded down the dirt road, the van was listing from side to side every few feet. The road was becoming impassable until hitting one last big pothole caused the van's engine to completely quit. Eventually, Henry was able to get the engine started again and only a little farther down the mountain road before becoming stuck in mud because with a treacherous rain. Thankfully, They had a sleeper van and had at least shelter, but only had provisions for a few days because they had only planned on being there for two to three days. Tired from the day's events, Henry climbed in the sleeper and rested for the night. Henry had been paralyzed for four years in their twenties after being stabbed. This makes walking for any substantial length almost impossible, and they were taught to stay where they were should they become lost. The first few days were spent with the van, where Henry had food and shelter. Hadn't told anyone where they were going, but cand hear helicopters overhead, presumably searching for them. No one could hear me scream, Henry said. A massive search had been launched for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, community members, search and rescue teams, and even TikTokers had joined together in an effort to find the demonstrator. The family had reported them missing until December eleventh, which was a full two weeks after Henry had become stuck on that road. They had also started a Facebook page dedicated to finding Bear called Bring Kevin Bear Henry Home. The page name has since been changed to bear has returned. Because of the hostile environment that was created between demonstrators and the RCMP over logging, there was a delay in the search. Worsening weather conditions also hampered the search efforts. A few times they were able to search.
Speaker 4: There were a.
Speaker 3: Few clues found that pointed to Henry being in the area, but there was never anything found that succinctly pointed to where they may be surviving on any thing they could get their hands on. Their diet consists of tomatoes, dry rice soaked in water, tomato sauce, and beans. Henry even resorted to eating cat food at one point, and even snow. In late December, as food supplies dwindled and days turned into weeks, Henry decided they would have to walk to help. Having walked for fifteen hours over a two day span to the top of the road where the logging was happening, they finally stumbled into two loggers getting ready to leave the area. Loggers from Gemini followers saw Henry stumble onto their location. They were supposed to be leaving earlier that day and almost missed Henry standing in the area. We thought you were a tree man. One of the loggers told him, are you Bear? The other man asked, how do you know who I am? Henry asked, They are missing person posters of you everywhere in Lake Cawachan and Duncan. The men said to Bear they didn't know what day or even month it was. I've been missing for three months. Henry said to his rescuers, where would you like to go? The men asked hen Read where they could take them Tim Hortons. Henry replied, wanting a hot cup of coffee and some food. The loggers dropped Henry out of tim Hortons in Lake koa Chan and gave them twenty dollars. That kind of cares support to do that. That's humanity right there, Henry said, of the men that rescued them. Bear contacted a friend and family members straight away. The family rushed to the tim Hortons to make contact with them. Although a little skinnier Bear was in good spirits, Henry would later be taken to an area hospital for an exam to make sure there were no lasting effects. We understand there are questions on how and where the individual survived. A Royal Canadian Mounted Police spokesperson said, if those details are released. It will have to come from Henry, as the family has asked for privacy at this time. They're just happy they're loved one return to them. There have been several updates and videos posted by Bear since their ordeal, addressing people's questions and telling their story. In one of the videos, they are quoted saying I'm too stubborn to die when asked by a family member that was thinking the worst, not having any experience with outdoor survival. Henry also said, I definitely learned a lot more about the environment and how pressure it is to be back there, to breathe that kind of fresh air, and to be at the mercy of that kind of weather, and to be at the mercy of the back country.
Speaker 4: It teaches you a lot.
Speaker 3: Hello, friends, Today we're gonna be talking about five wilderness disappearances where mysterious disembodied christ for help were heard by search and rescue teams, but the person couldn't be located. You can imagine how these disembodied Christs were help would have baffled search and rescue teams when they couldn't locate the missing person who had.
Speaker 4: Vanished in the wilderness.
Speaker 3: Likewise, the person calling out would probably wonder why they couldn't be heard. As we all know, thousands of people go missing every single day in the United States alone, and while some are found safe and sound and return to their family and loved ones, many are never seen or heard from again. How devastating that must be for the people who remain in the dark about their loved one, wondering always what if and what happened? Are they alive? Are they deceased? But what about the people who went missing and are known to have called out for help, to have actually been heard screaming or yelling for someone to rescue them, but were then never found. How does something like that even happen? Surely you must be thinking that if someone is close enough to be within aarshot and heard calling for help, then search and rescue teams, volunteer teams, or even just a random stranger wondering about in the area heard them, then how is it at all possible for that person to never be seen or heard from again. Now, while we don't answer to that specific question today, and we as a society may never have all of or even part of the answers to these questions, let's review some of these cases today, the ones in which people were so very close to being rescued or saved, but then that help never came. What must that have felt like to the person who was lost, crying out and then hearing people who you think are coming to your aid for who knows how long, knowing that you're being heard, and maybe even preparing to get ready to get back home to your family, and then nothing. Search and rescue teams or volunteers move on, possibly walking right past you to go and continue the search for you somewhere else. These are just a few of the many cases we found in which people were actually heard calling for help but then could not be located. They were never seen or heard from again after that. Number five Mitchell Dale Styling. On June nineteenth, twenty thirteen, Mitchell Dale Stalling, known to most as Dale, his wife Denen, and his parents went to Maseverity National Park in Colorado, USA. The fifty one year old Dale decided to go for a hike by himself to the Spruce Tree House Ruins. The Spruce Treehouse Ruins as the third largest cliff dwelling in Masa Verde and was actually constructed between twelve eleven and twelve seventy eight, a d by the ancestors of some of the Pueblo people of the Southwest. This amazing dwelling contains about one hundred and thirty rooms and eight kivas, which are chambers where the ceremonies of the Pueblo people were held. This dwelling wasn't discovered until eighteen eighty eight, when two ranchers were trying to find some cattle that had gone astray and accidentally stumbled upon this beautiful piece of history. Dale had decided he wanted to see it for himself and took off at around four thirty pm with every intention of returning as soon as he was done.
Speaker 4: After all, the trail was.
Speaker 3: Less than a quarter of a mile long, connecting to the Petroglyffe Point Trail, which is a two and a half mile loop with cliff exposure that takes off right from the Spruce Tree Trail. Several witnesses came forward later and remembered speaking.
Speaker 4: With Dale on the trail that day, but yet he.
Speaker 3: Never returned back to his family. It wasn't until seven years later that his remains were found and returned to his still hopeful and still searching family On September seventeenth, twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: But now let's talk.
Speaker 3: About the mystery surrounding this horrible tragedy. Here's a little more about what happened to Dale Stalling that fateful day. Back in June of twenty thirteen, Dale and his family left their home in Goliad, Texas, in a camper trailer and headed west to Colorado, a place Dale had always wanted to see an explore. He was an experienced outdoorsman and loved to camp and hike, and was also a very avid gardener. It was known to spend hours alone at home, just spending time intending to as many plans. He decided a day trip to Maseeverde National Park was the perfect way not only for his family to spend some quality time together, but also for him to make his dream of seeing the sights in the beautiful Colorado National Park a reality, and so they were on their way. The trail was known to be a bit rough and rugged, so initially the Stallings were only planning to drive to the lookout point and experience with the breathtaking scenes from a distance. Dale's parents were elderly, and it's reported that his wife was overweight so nobody but Dale would have been able to hike the trail very easily once they got there. However, Dale, Beingdale, and having his great love of nature and the outdoors, decided to seize the moment and finally have the opportunity he had waited for for so long to be there in Colorado in the Mesa Verdi. He just had to get a closer look at the spruce tree house ruins. Twenty two minutes before Dale took off for his hike. The weather conditions were not that good. The temperature was somewhere between nineteen one hundred degrees. The train was in other worries. It was rugged, with steep canyons and mesa tops. The elevation range from six thousand, five hundred to eight thousand feet like to the top of the trail, Dale estimated would take about an hour. This was the average length of time for someone in good health to have made it through. Dale was reported missing very soon after he didn't return it. They agreed upon time. His family didn't want to leave much room for anything bad to have happened, got on to finding him right away. The rangers first thought Dale had just gotten probably a bit off track, and told his wife to give him a few more hours. If he didn't return by then, to go ahead then and report him missing. According to a park public information officer, the park has never had anyone go missing for more than a couple of hours. Once it had indeed been two hours after he was supposed to have been back. The park initiated a two week long search and rescue operation, which included around sixty searchers, two dog teams, helicopter surveillance, and rope teams repelling off the cliffs in the Chapin Mesa area. This is where the canine teams had initially shown some interest in the first couple of days of the search, so this is where they decided to begin. The Petrickgleft Point trail follows a cliff base before descending to the Mesa in a series of steep sections of switchbacks, which then had some steps cut into the rock. Though he didn't have any water with him on this extremely hot day when he disappeared, Dale did have his cell phone, but after he was determined to have disappeared, nobody could get any kind of risk or an answer from him when they tried to reach out. Blone records did show him trying to access his voicemail at around seven pm that night, or at least the phone was trying to access the voicemail. We in this community should make no assumptions that it was Dale at all who tried to do this. For the sake of fact, though, let's move on and say it was him. It was for nothing, though, as a call dropped and never went through. According to Patrick O'Driscoll of National Parks Media Services, the Inner Mountain Region, the majority of Masaveriti, aside from a few mark trails, is uncharted territory and therefore technically off limits the hikers. Approximately five to ten people go missing every year in the Masaveriti National Park, and none of these cases are officially closed, including Dale's, until that person or their body is found. Authorities have shared everything from actual case files to random tips with the family, but Dale's wife Denian these things much differently than park officials do. She says she has pissed off. It feels the search only really lasted for two days and then Dale just given up on. She stated, now that it's been a year, and honestly, the more I reflect on it, I'm just pissed off. Their attitude was he was there, he was lost, and what are they supposed to do about it? Artificials say, however, that rangers in the park were still searching for Dale three months later, though it a bit more scaled back way. They insist they did this to keep Dale and his disappearance on their radar so everyone would continue.
Speaker 4: To be on the lookout for him.
Speaker 3: In twenty fourteen, Deneen returned at least fourteen times to the park, and it's more convinced than ever that her husband had gone missing due to misleading markers and signs in the park, which caused him to accidentally go off trail. She believes he thought he was following all the signs properly, but because they were so confusing, he ended up lost.
Speaker 4: Anyway. There is a.
Speaker 3: Very interesting account written by hiker and writer named Jody Peterson, however, that was written in twenty thirteen, which details and experiences she had while hiking the same trail on the same day as Dale when he went missing. She writes, in part, after an hour of walking, I suddenly heard a weary male voice call I need some help. I thought of the missing hiker, perhaps after visiting Spruce treehouse heat attempted the trail and run into trouble. I called out several times, but got no response. I thought about going off trail to look, but figured then I'd become a victim number two if I tried to scramble down those ledges and cliffs. My cell phone had no signal. I hiked back down the trail as fast as I could, and when I found the chief ranger, I told him what I'd heard. Relief washed over his face as another staffer said, we thought we heard a call for help in that area yesterday. They quickly began planning to bring in dogs and more searchers. I left the ranger station and stood looking at the opposite side of the canyon where I'd heard the call for help. I said a silent prayer. When I got back to my Western Colorado home. The following day, I checked the news, thinking that i'd read that the hiker had been found. Instead, I learned that Mitchell Dale Stalling was still missing, and now seventy people were looking for him. As I write this, it's been almost two weeks since Stalin vanished, and the search has been scaled down. A group of us think he's still somewhere in the park, said Chief Ranger Jesse Farias. We've all heard of planning disappearances, but it doesn't smell that way. The odds of him being found alive, though, are basically zero. Perhaps he fell between big rocks and a place where searchers can't see him. Perhaps wind shifts made the dog missus scent. Now the question, though, is this, If Dale was heard calling for help by several different people, and searchers were immediately put into place and conducted as soon as this was reported, then how did no one come across him again, even hear him again, or find any evidence of him at all. If they thought they heard a call for help in the same area just the day before, then why weren't they still out searching there? That makes no sense. What really happened out there?
Speaker 4: Verde?
Speaker 3: Is the park rangers and other staff of this national park no more than they're saying this is something to think about, definitely most likely something we will never find an answer to. Number four Dayleen mok Poua. On February twenty seventh, twenty fifteen, a seventeen year old named Dayleen Pua, known as Moke to his family and friends decided to go for a hike on the Stairway to Heaven. This is actually the Haiku Stairs in Oahu, Hawaii. These stairs are basically an extremely steep step structure which used to provide pedestrian access to former US Navy communication facilities on the island. This is considered one of Hawaii's most dangerous trails, and Moch was last seen boarding of us in Wayaani to get to the spot which he wanted so badly to climb and see the historical sites. Dayleen, who lived on the Big Island, was visiting Wayaani to spend some time with his grandmother. His grandmother, Martha Behar, stated that the teen wanted desperately to climb the trail, which is forbidden on the windward side of O Wahoo. She told her grandson she had seen all the news that it was closed down and he wouldn't be able to access it. She told him not to waste his time even trying. Martha said, though, that when Dayleen boarded the bus and said he was going hiking, she never thought he was really going there to the Stairway to Heaven trail. She figured she had already told him that he would get arrested if he tried to go there and climb, and that it was closed down and pedestrian access was being refused. At around eleven am, Dayleen posted his last ever correspondence when he texted some friends pictures of himself, stating that he was finally there on the trail of the Haiku stairs and was next planning to climb them. He has been seen or heard from since. His family studied the pictures daily had sent them from the trail right before he seemingly disappeared into thin air extensively, and there are some that stand out. These are the ones there desperately trying to get the public's help in identifying. Unfortunately, the more you blow up the images of the more glory and nondiscernible, they become almost impossible to tell what you're even looking at, though the family is fairly confident at least one of them is Dayleen. They believed they saw a man in the background, far off in the distance of at least to one of the other pictures, and theorized that this man was for some reason following Daylan and could have somehow led to his disappearance and possible demise. Search effort included local fire departments, drone operators, community volunteers, and even the U. S. Navy conducting a land and air search to find the young man, all to no avail. A few days after he was last heard from and reported as missing, Monday, March second, two hikers reported hearing christ for help. This information led the fire department to continue their search into Tuesday, March third, twenty fifteen. That particular search was suspended the same afternoon, but local volunteers continued to look for Daylane, combing through the mountains but finding.
Speaker 4: No sign of him.
Speaker 3: The Hikustairs have been closed to the public since nineteen eighty seven, but are still a very popular hike, with locals and tourists like willing to risk fines or arrest. The stairs are in bad shape after heavy rains and powerful storms have damaged them, to the point that they've gained a somewhat ominous reputation for being not only treacherous, but possibly deadly as well. Some people believe they should be fixed, restored, and reopened to the public, while others say they should be torn down altogether. The fate of Daileen moulk Hua is still unknown to this day, as is why he wasn't found despite hikers very clearly hearing him calling for help. Was this actually Daileen Poola crying out for help again? We will most likely never know. Number three Philip Krazik, yet another unfortunate soul who decided to go out for what seemed like a pleasant and scenic hike and ended up not ever being seen or heard from again, even after being heard screaming or yelling for help. His thirty year old Philip Krasik from Berkeley, California. Philip told his wife he was headed out for a run in the hills near the madel Ranch staging area in Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, California. He called her once he reached the trail to in formed her that it would take him about an hour and to let her know when she'd expect him back that day. He was last seen running at around ten forty five am That same morning. Philip's wife reported him missing the same afternoon. He had headed out for the run when he failed to return home and hadn't been in contact with her or anyone else.
Speaker 4: To let them know why I wasn't back yet. This was very unlike him by all accounts.
Speaker 3: Investigators in Pleasanton stated that they had never come across such a as our case. Either he got hurt and was only able to call out, or he planned all of this and purposely disappeared, leaving his wife and his life behind and never looking back. This left his family and friends to wonder forever what happened to him and why. According to his family, the latter isn't even an option, as Philip just wasn't that type of man and loved his life and his family. Philip was supposed to meet with his wife to attend a family gather against Stockton, California. When he didn't show up at the appointed time, his wife immediately knew something was wrong and.
Speaker 4: Called the authorities.
Speaker 3: Philps said to have lift his shirt and cell phone in his vehicle, and although he was running with a smart watch, it was unfortunately not equipped with GPS. With temperatures rising above one hundred degrees fahrenheit that day in Pleasanton, many were led to immediately and began to speculate that the heat had somehow incapacitated Philip on that day, July tenth, twenty twenty one. Now this didn't make much sense. His family and loved ones though, as Philip was a marathon runner and was well adjusted to running under such extreme conditions as blaring heat, which might incapacitate most people, his cell phone showed that his route was planned out entirely along very well maintained in manicured trails.
Speaker 4: Though the park was packed with people that.
Speaker 3: Day, not a single credible sighting of Philip has ever been reported. Sergeant Aaron Fountain of the Pleaston Police Department, who's handling the investigation, said, I can't even speculate on this one. It's very very odd. Now continue. Philip Krasik was a family man with two small children, and also a graduate of the prestigious Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts. He was also listed as a third year student in MIT's Urban Mobility Lab. Philip went missing on a Saturday, and the following Wednesday, a family hiking in the area reported hearing cries in a canyon near the Sunholt Post office. After receiving this tip, two people who were involved in the search went out to the area and heard for themselves a man screaming for help near the canyon. Experienced hikers in the search and rescue efforts set out to go and see if they could hear the cause and perhaps follow them to try and find Philip, who they presumed it was, and bring him safely back to his family. However, once arriving at the fot where the Christs for help were allegedly heard by multiple people at this point, they heard nothing and weren't able to locate Philip either. That same night, the search efforts were officially called off, and Philip hasn't been found as of this video being made almost a month later. Theories run wild as to what happened to Philip, crazy from demented and murderous drug dealers, taking him hostage to large felines, somehow carrying him up trees and feasting to him, just walking off and abandoning his life which she was said to love so much. However, that's just what these are theories, as there hasn't been any evidence as to if this was definitely Philip who was heard crying from the canyon for help that fateful day. Again, why didn't the first two experienced hikers who were sent out and did claim to have heard at least someone crying for help never find him? This is another case as completely and totally baffling and runs along the exact vein as the previous to and the cases to follow.
Speaker 4: We'll never know. Surely, if he.
Speaker 3: Was attacked and eaten by wild animals, there would have been some sort of trail for either the animal searchers or even the human ones to find and follow, at least leading to some sort of explanation signs of a struggle, blood, torn clothing, etc. We'll just have to wait and see on this one.
Speaker 4: Do have an update here.
Speaker 3: While this video was in editing, Philip was found as ceased. We'll create a new case update video very soon to discuss this with you. Philip, Rest in peace.
Speaker 4: My friend number two.
Speaker 3: Linda Artaga. On September twenty second, twenty twelve, fifty three year old Linda Artega left her home in Blackwell, Oklahoma, and headed out to the woods in the Arkansas oz Arts near Saint Joe. Linda was with her brother and they were visiting with her sister when, somewhat ironically, her brother offered to take her into the woods and teach her some survival skills. She somehow became separated from him and ended up lost in the woods for five day. The story she told of her experience is strange, to say the least. However, in this community, if you clicked on this video or you're aware of all the strange things happening in the woods, besides all the bizarre deaths and disappearances, and if you've been paying attention at all and can clearly see something is wrong with not only the things mentioned above, but also with the reports and stories of encounters and experiences have by the people who were lost for however long and whatever part of the seven hundred million acres of forest and woodlands in the United States alone, then you'll understand why it was absolutely necessary that we tell Linda's story here now. As soon as she was reported missing, search was mounted in almost every single resident of Saint Joe, which was a tiny town of not even two hundred people, and various other volunteers from throughout the county set out to find the missing woman. She was eventually found, relatively unharmed and picked up by an all trained vehicle driven by some of these volunteers. Linda was lucky enough to have only sustained some minor cuts and bruises, but what happened to her affected her psychological and it was definitely a strange story she had to tell. Chief Deputy Dwayne Pierce stated that when she came out of the woods, she wasn't right about her head.
Speaker 4: As N's quote.
Speaker 3: Miss Artaga reported that she had survived by eating wild berries, watercress, hazel nuts, and anything else she could find which she knew was edible. Chulsel drank water from the creek. At night, she huddled on the freezing cold ground underneath the trees for shelter, praying for someone to come and finally find her. Chulso repeatedly thanked her brother and insisted she never would have survived without the knowledge he had just been teaching her about how to survive in the wild. The strangest and scariest part of the entire five day ordeal, though, was what Linda said she'd experienced while out there, lost and alone, cold and afraid in the unknown woods and trails. She claimed that while she was out there, especially at night, she would see other people there. They would be walking around her along the trails or even right there in the thick of the woods. She would ask them for help or try to get their attention, maybe even ask one of them if they could point her in the direction of safety. However, not a single one of these people even acknowledged her or looked in her direction. She claimed people were even hiding behind the bushes like they didn't want her to see them. Now, while in the hospital, she did admit that perhaps some of the berries shit eat and caused some kind of mind hallucination, she wasn't sure. She claimed she'd managed to stay with her brother for three days before becoming separated from him, and knew what she should and what she should need when trying to survive. She's very consistent in her story. Think about the people hiding in the bushes. These people definitely weren't part of any kind of search party. Why would people trying to find a lost woman to hide so she couldn't see them. More than that, why would others walk right past her and then try and hide as though they were playing some kind of strange hide and seek game? Hiding and playing sight? Is this, finally the proof that there are in fact strange people who live in the woods who either don't know how to interact with other people or just don't want to actually other people who aren't like them or who aren't from where they're from. Is this proof of Ferohs wild men. How does this all tie in with strange missing person cases and even death we see which are becoming so much more common year after year in the woods. Is this what we should be paying attention to when out searching for the above mentioned missing There was a statement made for the doctor Linda saw after being taken to the hospital when she was rescued, which validates her sanity. She was not insane. How much more interesting that she was very picking when she ended up being separated from a brother after three days of staying right next to him. As we all know, this is a very common theme among the missing people in the woods, the very picking or berry patches in general. But there are those who are found and then those who seem to be forever lost. Linda is not the first person, or more specifically, the first woman, to report things like this while either lost or for whatever reason, wandering the woods alone. There are many other reports of women being followed or even chased by what they referred to as men while being lost in those same woods. This is also very common in the East along the Appalachian Trail. Tak back to the story of Little Dennis Martin and how family out for a hike or camping trips what they referred to as a wildman caring something which looked like a small child over its shoulder. There are also several park rangers in the United States, Dwight McCarter among them, who have come forward since retiring and tell stories of wild men living and even hunting in the woods for national parks in general forested areas of her country. Is this only going on here in the United States? Though not at all. There's one specific report we covered in an early video about wildmen feral humans in the woods where at least one park ranger was attacked by one of these people. Now, luckily, Linda was able to keep her wits about her despite what must have been petrifying fear, and she made a full recovery after her harrowing ordeal Number one Naomi Lee Widden. On November twenty fifth, nineteen ninety four, Dwayne Whidden decided to take his son, aged six, and two daughters, ages two and three for a hike in the Chattahoochee National Forest. He parked the car at the base of a large mountain there at the trailhead, unloaded his children, and off they went per day of family fund. Together, Dwayne and his three kids hiked about a mile and a half up an old logging trail and into the deep wilderness of the forest. Later on, when recounting the incident of what happened and how Naomi had come to be lost in the woods, he stated, they, meaning his children, were in my full view, my sight and hearing, and then she was gone. He stated that they were all looking for signs of animals when suddenly Naomi, only two years old, just simply vanished. There was never any explanation we could find of what actually happened, And how is possible a two year old little girl in full view of her father no less, disappeared faster than he could finish blinking. It's like she blinked right out of existence. Local authorities brought in bloodhounds and search teams from the surrounding counties to aid in the search of a small girl. Teams of volunteers and search and rescue headed out well into the middle of the night, looking for Naomi and calling her name, but to no avail. She was seemingly nowhere at all. Now, approximately twenty five hours after she first disappeared, a man named Kip Clayton, was searching the outer fringes of the search area he and his team were assigned to when he said his intuition, that old gut instinct pushed him forth to go and search another two hundred and fifty yards forward, leaving the official search area he was looking in. But that's when he found her. Laying next to a large log, face down and unresponsive in mud, muck and leaves was two year old Naomi Wind. He picked her up and she let out a small moan. She was freezing cold, her body at a dangerously low temperature, and Kip ran as fast as he could when Naomi barely breathing in his arms, the approximate mile back to the command post. Naomi was rushed to the nearest hospital and she was only semi conscious and in a very critical condition, which she arrived now. While eventually she fully recovered and managed to survive her ordeal, many questions remain about what exactly happened to her. As mentioned before, where Naomi was found was only about two hundred and fifty yards away from where the searchers would have been screaming and yelling her name the night before. All throughout the night. Why didn't Naomi respond to them at all? Why didn't she alert them in any way as to where she was so they could go and help her. It isn't possible that she was faced down in the mud the entire time, or she couldn't have survived. Surely she would have suffocated. So why didn't she respond? Did she not hear them? If she couldn't hear them, why not taking into account when trying to understand these things, how close this disappearance was to the Great Smoky Mountains, and how many not only have disappeared there, but we're found face down on the ground, usually the ones closest to Naomi's as you're found this way, sometimes though it's too late. Naomi was very lucky to have survived. Also, why does a simple Google search turn up more information about this case? Other in one document? There's not any mention of this online anywhere. Hello friends, Steve Stockton. Here in this episode, we're going to take a look at some bizarre disappearances from hospitals. Joined me let's walk and see. First up, we have the story of Joan Gay Kroft on April ninth, nineteen forty seven, the deadly is tornado every day at Oklahoma went raging through parts of the state. A monstrous and deadly Class F five was a mouse fream of wind and debris, and it ripped through parts of Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. At some point, it blew a path through the town of Woodward, Oklahoma, leaving in its way chaos, destruction, tragedy, and death.
Speaker 4: In the end, one hundred and eighty.
Speaker 3: Five people were deceased, a thousand more were injured, and it was the beginning and one of the strangest unsolved mysteries in Oklahoma's history. Although many people tragically lost their lives to the whirling cyclone of death, there were many many more who were spared. One of those who was lucky enough to escape death clutches was a four year old named Joan Gaycroft. Joan's mother had been killed in the natural disaster and her stepfather had been critically injured, but Jone herself had come away from the brush with death with a non life threatening injury in the form of a piece of wood that penetrated her leg. She was found and rushed to the hospital for treatment, along with her sister, Jerry, who had also suffered non life threatening injuries. There was obviously a huge influx of seriously injured people, some on the of death due to the storm, and so the girls were quickly and easily treated and then relegated to the basement of the overcrowded hospital, as had been transformed into a shelter where many refugees from the tornado were being housed and treated. They were there for a night and things were chaotic and sad, but they got through it together. The next day, two men in what were described as khaki army uniforms went into the hospital and made their way down to the basement. They went straight for Joan and tried escorting her out of the basement in front of everyone else, which by now was at least a few hundred people. Despite the little girl's loud protests and screaming, they knew who she was because when they first entered the basement, they'd ask a member the overworked and overtired staff who she was. Asked for her by name, specifically, and the staff member pointed her out. They didn't seem to be interested in anyone but the four year old girl. Joanes screamed and cried, pleading with the men not to make her leave it sister, and the men patiently comforted her, telling her that they were friends and that she would be back there in just a few hours to collect Jerry so they could be brought to wherever they were going together. The hospital staff realized what was going on after seeing the commotion and tried their best to intervene, and as they did, the men were very calm and composed, seemingly very professional, and they then explained that they were merely taking the girls, Joan first and then Jerry, to another hospital where the girl's relptors were waiting for them. Somehow, the men were allowed to leave with the little girl, as apparently that explanation was deemed good enough for whoever was in charge. But no one ever returned with Joan, and she was never seen or heard from again. Nobody ever saw the two men again either. Eventually it was discovered that Joan had vanished and had more than likely been abducted, and when that happened, a major manhunt was launched for but it turned up almost nothing at all. In fact, her kidnaps have never been identified, and no trace of them or Joan has ever been found. The case gained international coverage, which meant it was a big deal to the time, a time when most cases didn't get much further than the local media and news, and in the years to come it spawned many anniversary articles asking what could have happened to the little girl and who her alleged abductors were. On May nineteen ninety three, the case was covered on the show Unsolved Mysteries, and it featured a full dramatic reenactment of the whole bizarre event. Interestingly enough, many women have come forward throughout the years claiming to be the adult Joan Gaycroft, but those leads have never gone anywhere, and all the women have been ruled out, either genetically or by some other means. In nineteen ninety nine, a woman came forward to the editor of the newspaper The Oklahoma claiming to be Joaned, but she then ceased all communication after the initial contact and failed to show up for the planned meeting with the editor. This happened again with a woman living in Canada, and obviously no one knows whether or not either of those women would have been the long lost little girl. Despite dozens of women throughout the decades who claimed to be the little girl, none of them have ever proven to be, and that leaves us with nothing but theories to go on. As Joan Gaycroft is still listed as a missing person, most people believe she was kidnapped due to obvious reasons, but that doesn't explain the series of bizarre events that happened leading up to the alleged abduction. Who were the men, how do they know about Joan, who she was and where she was? Why were they specifically looking for her out of the dozens of other kids who have been orphaned or at least stranded in the shelter to the devastation of the tornado, And why not take her sister too? They knew her name, and so they must have known at least of her, But what did they want and how were they able to publicly take her yet lay behind no clues or trace and never be seen again. For their part, Jones's family believes that some other family lost their daughter in the disaster and wanted to replace her with Joan, But just like everything else, there's never been any proof to that theory. Simply put, no one knows what happened to Joan Gaycroft, and more than likely no one ever will next up we have Jerry Irwin. Another strange vanishing that has more than just a little bizarre and unexplained element to it is the disappearance of Private First Class Jerry Irwin. On March to nineteen fifty nine, Jerry woke up in a hospital in Cedar City, Utah, with no memory of how he ended up there in the first place. He had reportedly been unconscious for twenty three hours, during which time he had been talking in his sleep and saying something about the jacket on the brush. When he came to, he asked the hospital staff if there were any survivors, but no one knew what he meant by that survivors of what no one knew, including Jerry himself. Finally, though, he became lucid enough to tell his story, and it seemed like his memory was coming back to him. He told the staff that he had just been off on a leave of absence and on his way home from Napa, Idaho, going to Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas, where he was stationed. He said he was a technician for Nike Air Missiles and that after he had reached Cedar City, he had been driving along Route fourteen when he looked up and saw what he described as a strange pulsatic object in the sky. He pulled over and got out of his car to try and get a closer look at what he was seeing, and he thought that at first it was a large airplane coming in for possible emergency landing. Jerry then wrote a note, which he put on his car windshield that said, have gone to investigate possible plane crash. Please call it law enforcement officers. He also scrawled the word stop on the side of his vehicle to try and get who was passing by to stop and read the note, thereby calling attention to it and alerting the authorities about it. He simply scrawled the word stop and shoe polish and then walked off to investigate the strange side of the sky. A fishing game inspector came along and found the note some time later, and after alerting the Sheriff's office, a search party was launched both for Jerry and for the alleged plane crash he claimed him gone to investigate. When he was brought to the hospital, no one could understand why he was completely out cold and unable to be woken up by any of the usual means, and there also seemed to be nothing physically wrong with him either. When he did finally wake up, he claimed that his jacket was missing, but that he otherwise felt perfectly normal, if not a little tired and confused. He was then transferred to William Beaumont Hospital at Fort Bliss so that there he could be observed for four days, and after that he was put back on duty and into circulation. Not too long after cond his duties, Jerry began suffering random fainting spells while on duty, and fearing for his health, his superiors at the base made him go and get evaluated again at the hospital. He fainted again, and when he woke up at the hospital, he was said to have been in a similar state to when he had first been there a few weeks earlier. He woke up suddenly panicked, and once again started asking the hospital staff if there had been any survivors. It seemed like he was having some sort of flashback, and when he woke up that time, he thought he'd been waking up originally meeting Jerry. Irwin was completely unaware that any time had passed at all between when he left a note on his car and woke up. He didn't know he'd been on duty for all those weeks, or that he had been fainting. He had no memory in all the previous weeks, and in his mind it had only just gone to investigate a possible playing crash. He was kept at the hospital for a full month for observation, and was then once again released back on base into active duty. The very next day, he suddenly left base without permission and got on a bus to al Passo, stopping at Cedar City and disembarking. He then headed directly to where he had originally parked his car on the side of the road, and to the same area where he'd originally been investigating what he thought was a possible plane crash. He apparently found his jacket and inside one of the pockets was a pencil shoved inside of a buttonhole with a piece of paper entwined around it. Jerry purportedly burned the paper, but then came out of whatever trance he was seemingly in, then returned to the road. He was picked up there by the local sheriff. The sheriff told Jerry what had happened to him, but he had no recollection at all. Of leaving the base, where as to why he had traveled back to that very spot. He also had no idea what was on the paper that he burned, or why he had burned it in the first place. Jerry Irwin was subjected to another extensive st psychological evaluation, but when no further answers could be found, a deeper analysis was ordered. He was once again put into Beaumont Hospital for tests an additional evaluation, but then he was almost immediately released again. As soon as he was released, he once again went awall without any warning, and he hasn't been seen or heard from since. So what happened to Jerry Irwin? And why was he seemingly so obsessed with that particular location on the side of the road. Why had he gone back there? What happened to him initially that made it so he was so knocked out that even the usual methods of waking someone up from a stupor proved useless when used on him. How and why had he been so entranced that he had no memory returning to that spot or why he had burned that.
Speaker 4: Piece of paper.
Speaker 3: If he was tranced or knocked out or both, then by whom and why. There's so many questions here, but with no answers, it's impossible to understand mostly anything about this case and what happened to Jerry himself after he went missing again. Why was he continuously released from the hospital, And if it was really because nothing could be found to be wrong with him, then.
Speaker 4: What was going on with him? One of the main.
Speaker 3: Questions is how did he end up that hospital in the first place, But again, we'll probably never know, and there's been no new information about this case, though conspiracies and rumors run rampant around it. Still to this day, Jerry Irwin is still listed as a missing person. Next Benita Chamberlain. On February thirteenth, nineteen seventy eight, a young mother to be named Benita Chamberlain, who was only twenty four years old, arrived at the Sacred Heart General Hospital in Eugene, Oregon, seemingly in labor and ready to give birth their baby girl. Benita had gone into labor five weeks early, and the premature infant was immediately put into intensive care as she ought for her life for a week. Beanita dealt with it wonderfully by all accounts, and when she went back to the hospital to visit her little girl, after having been released herself a few days earlier. She was told that her daughter was doing great and was becoming very strong and healthy. In fact, the baby girl was doing so well that the hospital surprised Anita by telling her she would be able to take her daughter home that afternoon. Benita was incredibly excited and relieved, and she immediately went and called a friend to tell them the good news. That was the last time anyone ever heard from her. When she didn't return home that night, she was supported dismissing and the authorities launched a search. Her car was quickly found and it seemingly had been abandoned at a nearby bottling factory, and it didn't take long for them to find her purse, which had been discarded in the parking lot of the University of Oregon. The last time anyone saw she was driving out of the parking lot of the hospital after being given the good news about her daughter. Her newborn daughter, and Benita's two oldest daughters were all left behind with no answers and without their mother. Authorities thought they saw the mystery a week later, when they made a gruesome discovery. They found the remains of a murdered woman stuffed into a plastic bag and then dumped into a garbage bed. However, it turned out to be someone different and had nothing to do with Benita, So what happened to Benita Chamberlain is still a mystery to this day, and she is still considered a missing person. Next Tavish Sutton. An equally strange disappearance happened on March sixth, nineteen ninety three, when a one month old baby named Tavish Sutton was admitted to the Hughes Spaulding Pediatric Unit of Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. Tavish had been admitted in order to have an abscess removed, and after a routine minor surgery, he was sent into a semi private room to recuperate and rest because his mother was being treated for secon chiatric problems at a mental institution at the time. Tavish was released back into the custody of the Department of Child and Family Services, as he had been living with a foster family since he was released from the hospital after being born. His biological mother didn't even know her new baby was having surgery or that he had been admitted into the hospital that day. Three days after that surgery, Tavish Sutton would vanish without a trace. In the early morning hours around six forty five am on March sixth, nineteen ninety three, a nurse checked on him and found him to be doing well. She returned to the room fifteen minutes later, and the baby was simply gone. A thorough search of the hospital in a surrounding area turned up nothing at all, and the nurse was the only one who had entered or left the unit at that time. Some sources say she's the only one that left the hospital at all that hour on that day. No suspects ever turned up. And because his mother hadn't even known he was there in the first place, and because she'd been under the care of staff at the institution, she was in with her whereabouts throughout the entire day, being known verified, she wasn't even considered a suspect, nor were any of her or Tavish as other family members. A lawsuit was filed against the hospital, and it resulted in a six hundred thousand dollars settlement, but no leads were ever found as to what became of Tavish Sutton, who was only one month old at the time of his disappearance. The main theory in the beginning was that a woman who would show up at the hospital pretending to be pregnant all the time had somehow abducted him, but this was never proven, and that lady too had an alibi and wasn't able to be considered a suspect in this case. How did an almost newborn baby vanish from such a public place in the matter of a mere fifteen minutes. Tavish Sutton has never been found, and there hasn't ever been a single lead or clue as to what happened to him. Well, friends, there you have it. Hospitals are places we go when we're injured to some extent, and we expect to leave them healed and complete. For the people we've discussed here today and so many others throughout the world, hospitals have been their final destination before passing into the strange world of bizarre and mysterious disappearances. Where did these people go and what happened to them? How could a person so completely disappear so suddenly and leave behind absolutely no trace at all of what happened to them? Or where they ended up. Hospitals are very public places that are staffed by thousands of people in some cases, so how does something like this even begin to happen? Those are all great questions, but unfortunately they will most likely forever remain without answers, at least in the majority of these. I look forward to your comments on these cases, but please be friendly and respectful until we meet again. Be good to yourselves and each other. And I'll see you just a little further on down the trail. I'm Steve Stockton, and I'll talk to you next time. And please tell your animal I said I