Speaker 1: Yeah, it is time to make that change. Oh my god, we count it all. Joy to be with you this day, Dr West, and myself Dot I'm so glad to be back in the place with you and our viewers and our listeners. So much going on in our country, in the world per usual, nothing new about all of that. We're gonna try to go a little deeper into you know, the more than twenty killed near Gaza aid distribution centers. We know that there are national laws and also international laws against attacking one civilians two providers of aid and food. That should not be happening under international agreements. But it's been happening since this war on Gaza started. Let's be clear, this is not an equal war. It's not two sides to have equal power.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is a one sided proposition at this point. And then the Boulder attacks. No room in this country or in the world for anti Semitism, for killing of innocent people. We've said that time and time again, Doctor West. We don't equivocate on that. It's just so sad what happened in Voulder and then ranked choice voting, woo, we might have an upset in in New York City between an upstart of somebody that is a self described socialist and the other front runner, which is former Governor Andrew Cuomo. Now, this ranked choice voting was something that New Yorkers supported to try to level the playing field. And my god, there might be there just might be an upset. But before we get to any of that, the doctor is in the house, Doctor West. What is on your heart, your soul and your mind today?
Speaker 2: A dear Since then, I tell you we did miss you yesterday on Firthday. And we had quite a day as you can't imagine, though, Brother Taverts came in and then we had the special guest of one and only, incomparable, inimitable Clifton West, my one blood brother. In the old world, I got billions of brothers, but I only got one blood brother. Come on and we had an hour of pure joy, of pure delight and remembrance, going back to family life. And you know, chock the side the sack, though, but your spirits with us, oh indeed, indeed, And you know, brother Taverts, he's just such a masterful weaver. That brother brought in music that I hadn't heard for years and stories that I had forgot that he re read my autobio Augraphy that s Filey Books, published almost fifteen twenty years ago, and then of course my brother just took it to the height so that it was a wonderful day, but it was still a day that missed you. All of us missed you, and we know you are as strong as ever. When I think of the day after my birthday, I say to myself, is America still addicted to self destruction as it undergoes this imperial breakdown and spiritual melt down? And we need prophetic fight back. Everywhere you look you see unbelievable breakdown. It could be this violence against anybody. It could be against Jews, against black folks, it could be against against white folks. We're seeing the massive wave of violence across the board. And then at the same time, you know, you're seeing the h the gangster's being in the White House with Trump or being in Israel with Nathan Y'allhu and the id F still just getting away with murder, literally, getting away with genocide literally and getting away symbolically lies trying to hide and conceal it. And that's exactly what happens when an empire begins a melt down, and chickens begin to come home for the roost, and you start reaping what your soul and the question becomes given the spiritual meltdown that goes with that, people just kind of give up on love, give up on compassion, give up on service to others. No, we got a whole magnificent cloud of witnesses in the American Empire who hold it on the love, justice, service to others, highlighting the plight of the poor and working classes. That is what you call propfhetic fight back. That's the history of Black folk. Prophetic fighting back, leading with love and following through with love and justice in the bleakness of the moment. And there's something that we've talked about over and over again on our show, and we will never ever get tired of talking about, no matter how bleak the moment, leading with love and following through with courage, fighting for justice for pooring working people. It's not worthwhile. It is the desirable way of being in the world. It seems absurd, but it's the most alluring mode of being precise because we wouldn't be here if the folks in the past hadn't done precisely that and somebody's got to do it every generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Amen, Amen, everything that you said, Doc, I love that prophetic fight back. Got to put that in the long term memory. Let that marinate. And that is the tradition, the collective tradition of black people. But you can be non black and still has some prophetic fight back.
Speaker 2: Lord thing, it's a human thing. We just beget on the track the side of town. That's how.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love starting on the choclate side of Yes, I do always, even with all the pain you know that we face as a people, love starting on the chocolate side of the town. I often, you know, asked myself to queste. You know, if God said, I'll give you a choice, you can come back this way, this way, this way. I would still always pick, knowing everything that I know, to come back as a black woman.
Speaker 2: Oh, I ain't no doubt about that. But I wouldn't ask if it be Irene and Cliff as the mom and dad. It's the beautiful thing being black and chocolate and all. But I got my bias when it comes to family. Yeah, comes to the brother Cliff and sit there in Charlton, Red Willie be cook and shallow. But then Lord said oh, you just want everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, since you get to pick some things, you might as well put it all out there that you want at once. You might not get it all, but at least you put it out there. You're listening the truth time went Dot, the Cornell fest and Nina Turner. When we come forward, we are going to wrestle with today's topics. Prosthetic fight bang. That is our main court today, wrapping that into all of our stories so that you know. The Red Cross says that at least twenty one people were killed and dozen shot in a Guys of Aid incident, and as the reporting goes across the board, both international reporting and domestic reporting here in the United States, a mass casualty influx of people, many with not just gunshot wounds but also shrapnel, you know that bounces up wounds were These were innocent people. These were people seeking aid, people trying to provide aid. The International Committee of the Red Cross said twenty one people were declared dead upon arrival, while women and children were among one hundred and seventy nine cases. The organization statement came after the Israeli Defense Fund, you know they are involved in this and the innocent killing of civilians. And there's nothing new about this. This has been going on since this war started, time and time again. Doctor West and I from the beginning of October seventh have said what Hamas did to those innocent Israelis were wrong, no doubt about it. Here we are on the other side of this and killings are still occurring. I think over fifty thousand people doc have been killed. That's only the numbers that they have is probably more than that. And millions of people enduring famine on the Palestinian side, and it just seems like there is no relief in sight. Israel is definitely violating international law, and in Israel, the right wing government of Israel be very specific, and it's being aided in a bed by the United States, starting with Biden and continuing with Trump, both presidents, both US presidents.
Speaker 2: No, all Trump's got to do is make a phone call. They would stop. He has said, so everybody knows. So. Yeah. But the sad thing.
Speaker 3: Is is that the the ugliness and the viciousness of anti Palestinian racism makes it possible for the genocide of precious Palestinian people to be.
Speaker 2: Right on TV, on social media, but can but not stopped. People can witness it, they can behold it, but there's no collective will to stop it. And what in the way of it, What gets in the way of it is a blind allegiance to an Israeli government that does not believe that Palestinians are full fledged human being, so they can be killed at Whima and massacred that way. And there's a sickness. It's a spiritual what the Bible says, it's a spiritual wickedness, and it's a human thing. Government can have it. Israeli government doesn't have a monopoly on it. Jews don't have a monopoly on it. Any human being be spiritually wicked, Any government can be spiritually wicked. When any government that perpetrates genocide is spiritually wicked. And United States supports, sponsors, authorizes it, and no voices in Congress in a collective effective way can stop it. There's two voices here there. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. And imagine, I mean, we could put ourselves in the place of the Palestinians, and we would want the international community to come to our aid that it's important to remind our listeners, our audience, rather that Israel does not allow international news organizations to come in, so we're lucky to get any of the truth out because they do not allow international news organizations including the BBC, into Gaza, making verifying what's happening, truly happening in the Gaza even that much more difficult. So the little bit of news that we are getting probably only barely scratches the surface when it comes to the humanitarian crisis or flipped another way, the inhumanity that is happening to the Palestinians in Gaza. And I mean, it's so wonder that anybody is still alive. That we talk a lot about the resilience of black people in this country facing so much racial bigotry, a top black hatred generationally, and when I look at some of the similarities again not exactly the same of what the Palestinian people are going through, it's just so wonder that many of them are still alive.
Speaker 2: No, that's real. But I think what really brings together black people and Pians historically is a degree to which institutionalized hatred could be so targeted at them that nobody cares when they're precious babies are killed. In the larger white mainstream, the anti Palestinian racism, anti black racism. They cut so deep that people just get normalized and naturalized in such a way that, yeah, all these deaths are taking place, that's just the way it is. All these baby massacred, that's just the way it is. But if it was their babies, it is not just qualitatively different, but the script is completely flipped. Then the people are savages. The people are doing it, are sub human. The people are doing it deserve resistance. We gotta support resistance. Oh no, you don't get in the Western world. You don't get in in America, you don't get in the US government. Any talk about resisting the id F and resisting Israel's attempt to impose genociah, nick cleansing and apartheid on Palestinian's. No, But if it were the other way around, Oh my god, the US Congress would be in the vanguard of resisting any kind of killings of white babies, European babies, or Israeli Jewish babies. That's the racism. That's not just the stars. That's a deep, deep racism that is not in the very ways in which media presents it.
Speaker 1: And speaking of the media, doct I mean I know Minister Malcolm X talked about He said something like the media have you love whom they will and hate whom they will. They'll have you loving the oppressor and hating the oppressed. And my God, is that like happening. This is not the first time that something like this has happened, but it's in our face in real time for a new and younger generation to not just read about these things happening, but living it out. And that goes for what's happening in the Congo too. We need to continue to lift up. I saw a post recently by a doctor, doctor Bernice King, and you know she's always lifting up what's happening in the Congo, and I know we do too, and I want to talk about the Congo a little more than what we ordinarily do, so we'll have to program that in. But it's called the Silent war, and not to compare misery, misery is misery two degrees. Though, when you have people of that magnitude who are suffering in places like the Congosday and other places like that, and nobody's barely reporting on it, that also shows another level of disregard and racism, anti black racism. To be specific about the worth of the lives of the people who are suffering in parts of Africa, and all of that suffering can be linked back to the Scramble for Africa, you know, because we got to understand that doesn't justify the things that are happening, because each generation, each type of leader, can make different decisions. However, to fully understand the depth of this thing, the depth of what is happening in the Gaza and the Palestinian Israeli relationships that go back thousands of years, you know. So what is happening in certain parts on the continent of Africa is also linked to imperialism and colonialism and to Scramble for Africa and the fact that Europeans carved out Africa in such a way that had a total disregard for tribal lines, for cultural lines, who got along with whom all of the You can't understand it, you know. James Baldwin said, you can't say you love the tree if you hate the root. Or I don't know if that was him or Minister Malcolm, but I think James Baldman says something like you got to understand the root, and so you and I as students of history. We always try to bring in the root cause, not justification for this kind of violence and displacement of people, but it is just it's really gut wrenching, and to your point that it is an indictment on our collective humanity, or flipped another way, our collective inhumanity.
Speaker 2: And we zero in it's a massive, colossal indictment of governments and mainstream medias tell the truth about this organized hatred and this weaponized greed that leads towards these kind of massacres, looking for land, looking for cheap labor, looking for power and position, and we know there's a human story that we talking about, specific stories in this case in Gaza, in this case in the Congo.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, at that part, Doc, going back to something CBS News reported about this recent killing. At least twenty seven Palestinians were fatally shot at one hundred and sixty one, so depending on the outlet, the numbers may be a little different, but we get the picture. One hundred and sixty one others wounded on Tuesday as they try to reach a food distribution center in Gaza run by a controversial US back group. According to the Hamas run Gaza Ministry of Health. It was the third day of deadly violence reported near a humanitarian hub run by the US and Israeli back Gaza Humanitarian Foundation, which I believe doctors just recently created by this president mine totally blown a private organization accused by the United Nations of weaponizing aid. Pay attention to what the United Nations is saying, and the United Nations has been sounding the alarm since this crisis amped up to this magnitude.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, over six hundred days. Jesus, United States come with this little facata reminds me of the United States government just a number of months ago saying, well, we're gonna we're gonna build a little boat on the vote. Boat is gonna throw out food for people who undergoing genocide. Please please don't disrespect our intelligence like that. Same is true with this little concoction. Ain't nothing but a facade, Ain't nothing but a charad, a charade acting as if in the last minute, we have some concern. Now now they've gone around the more established institutions that providing aid because they have crushed them. Unraw has been crushed by US, Israeli, British forces. That's what makes it in part of genocide, when you get not just the killing of the bodies, but when you about you destroy all the hospital ninety four of us in the hospitals, all the universities, elementary schools, any of the sites that are sources of human flourishing are crushed. That's what genocide years. Even the who wasn't brother Homer, the former Prime Minister of Israel, said I've now reached the conclusion, after this overwhelming evidence, that these attacks are genocidal attacks. These are undeniable war crimes. You got Matthew Hims what's his name, Matthew Miller of the Biden administration. Yeah, yeah, yesterday or two days ago, and the heater was telling me, yes, there's definitely war crimes being committed. Well, we've been saying that for six hundred days, and you call us anti Semitic. We've been trying to create certain kind of encampments so that students could express their moral outrage at genocide. What do you do create a whole discourse attacking the students, calling them anti semitic? Why? Because they're more deeply moved by anti Semitic rhetoric, which is wrong than they are anti Palestinian racist behavior, which is genocidal, which is pathological. They get more upset the rhetoric then they do the reality. Why because they don't give a damn about Palestinians. That's why.
Speaker 1: Hmm. I mean you preaching doc God, that's it. And I would dare any of us could be in that position. And that is the thing that we got to understand. When you have systems and leaders of certain powerful hegemonic or Western nations deciding whose life is worthy over somebody else's life, it could be the group that you're a part of next, because none of this hatred, there's no rhyme and reason. It's illogical, it's ill moral, it's at the whim of human beings. And it could be you or somebody you love next. And that's another reason, even just for selfish reasons, we should care about how Western nations are deciding that it's just okay to white Palestinians off the map, because that's exactly what they're doing, taking their homeland, their bodies, their souls. Everything. You are listening to Truth Time doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner. When will come forward, we will talk about the tragedies that happened in Boulder, Colorado, totally unacceptable. Love and truth in indeed, so DOCU labeled this that prophetic fight back, and we gotta have it in every situation, especially in the face of such visceral hate that is steaming full speed ahead, both in this country and all around the world. We were just discussing what happened in the in the gaza for people who were trying to get some food, to get some made, and folks were killed and folks were injured, and it just makes no sense at all. We're gonna move into Boulder, Colorado, which happened a few days ago as well, where you have folks who regularly gather to say released the hostage, hostage Israelily hostages and they were attacked and we don't accept that at all. Should have never happened. We'll talk about that. Doc is our time to go into our live chat on the tube. The family has gathered, they are cross pollinating among each other and also they have some questions for us. So I'm so excited to be back to lift this up. Culture. What's up, family, Let's get it. Oh, we're trying to get it. Culture. Thank you for chiming in. Blessed peacemaker. I hope you had a great birthday, Doctor West. Welcome back, Senator Turner. So, Doc, did you have a great birthday?
Speaker 2: Oh? Lord, better than I deserve it, you know how correct it I am. I got so many blessing flowing. I can't keep track, coping. I can't measure him by any criteria. I gotta smile on my face, even in the bleak world.
Speaker 1: Hello, somebody, that is beautiful. Blessed peacemaker. Doc said he had he had more than he deserves. That's beautiful, and I'm glad to be back. You know, Doc, I was in LA. Did not get a chance to get with brother Tavits at all. It was a whirldwin in and out, and you would know there's some hard flights because you do that all the time. But I was there with the organization One Fair Wage, and I encourage our audience to go visit Onefairwage dot org. They are a national organization fighting all across the country to lift the subminimum wage in the United States of America, which by the way, on average is two dollars and fifteen cents. So if you are blessed enough to go to a restaurant from time to time. Those servers are making on average two dollars and fifteen cents and they rely on our tips to subsidize their wages. That sub minimum wage is rooted in slavery, meaning they got together. This industry was dominated by white by I'm excuse me, by black women, and the restaurant organizations or industry got together and decided that black women did not deserve to get paid. They were gonna have to rely on the large of tips. And you fast forward to the twenty first century, but they meant for evil basically towards black women. Now impacts all our sisters and brothers and family and friends in that industry. The vestiges are linked to anti blackness and to slavery. If you go to Onefairwage dot org you can read that whole history that I was just mortified by that, and I've been working with one Fair Wage ever since. And they had some successes coming out of La County where it looks like the minimum wage itself, including tip workers and also hopefully incarcerated of folks as well, is going to increase. So they're launching a campaign Living Wage for All. So that's where I was. I was so close to brother Tavis and did not get to see him. And the press conference I was at was at the same time that our show starts, so that's what I was doing.
Speaker 2: No, but again, our spirits were with and your spirits were with us, because what you're doing dealing with this issue of wage and precious working people no matter what color they are. We thank God for the brother Harold Myerson's and the brother Robert Cuttner's and others who's zero in all the time on this issue of labor and the centrality of labor and what you are doing, what youration is doing, the legacy of Randolph working through you, is doing that difference in the world. So we were together.
Speaker 1: We were together. We were together, we were we were spreading the work. You know, many hands made for light work. So big shout out to Sarru who runs that organization, all the other partner organizations. National Education Association, which is a teacher's organization, was in the place. I mean, labor was represented because sometimes the House of labor can leave folks out. But it was good to see the House of labor represented in that group. All kinds of activists and doc I got to see my sister, who I had not seen in such a long time. I was with Linda Sarsow and sister Camille Perez, and then also Erica Alexander. Many of you may remember her from Living Single. She's an actress and just a dear friend of mine, and I had not seen her physically in a few years. So it was just really great to have so many people in the place fighting for workers from all backgrounds all over this country. And thank you, Doc for reminding me, let me lift up the freedom budget for all Americans. We are fighting to create a human rights.
Speaker 2: Economy that's exactly right. And these issues with the trade union of the class struggles go hand in hand with our critiques of imperialism and gods and congo, go hand in hand with our critiques of the president industrial complex and mass incarceration. It goes hand in hand with our defense of our precious trands who are being demonized and vilified every day. It goes hand in and with being in solidarity with our Jewish brothers and sisters who being viciously attacked. We know the anti Jewish hatred is as evil as anti Palestinian hatred or anti black hatred or anti white hatred. This is a moral and a spiritual issue. But let me ask you one last question. What was the Black Church in any way in on this.
Speaker 1: No, I know that not directly, not at least for this event. I have to ask. I think maybe in some states the Black Church may be involved a little more, but that is a you know what I'm gonna ask, sister Sarru. How involved is the faith based community, especially the Black church. That's a fascinating question. Now what made you lift that up?
Speaker 2: I was yourself and Randolph and Martin King and Fanny Louhima, and how they always were for labor and also like people. And I was wondering the degree to which other than yourself, because I mean with you, there ain't that all of it, but other than yourself, whether they're like black clergy folk who are there in any way. It's hard to get the Black church involved in these trade union issues these days, it seems to me.
Speaker 1: But I could be wrong, well, not an identifiable way, But you bring up something that is important, which I will talk to Sarru, who is the president and founder of One Fair Wage, to ask the question, has the organization sought to engage. Yes, faith based community, because sometimes people don't know so much going on. You might not know, but yes, what better. I mean, the institution of the church should be there, whether it's a mosque of synagogue, Christian tradition, they all should be there. Be in terms of the mandates of the Christ or Buddha or Muhammad. You know, all of those traditions is kind of mailed together and what we should be doing in terms of helping poor people, helping working people, helping oppress people. So dot because of you, I'm gonna lift that up. I'm gonna lift that up to Sister Saru and I'll follow up with you here on the air. We got Morris Phillips, Good afternoon, Doctor West and Senator Turner. Thank you for your courage. It is an honor to be courageous in the face of all of this. We got Jesse Paris Akachi chag nagruma peace and much love, Doctor West and Senator Nina Turner from Denver, Colorado. We appreciate that when we come forward, we'll finish with we'll we'll continue your comments and continue some of the topics that we've looked it up. Yep, Yes, this is beautiful doctor. So you know what, throughout the show, our audience has been hearing the ads about the anniversary that's coming up. So Doctor West and I want to add some more to this. Our KBLA Talk fifteen eighty fourth anniversary events are fast approaching and seating at all four of our special events is getting tight, meaning come on, don't wait till the last minute. If you want to show your face in the place, you need to sign up. You have to register at our KBLA fifteen eighty dot com website. Make sure that you register. You're not gonna miss this and if if not, let me encourage you. If you haven't done it, you need to go on and stop and do that right now, because we don't want you left out of this party. Doc, you gonna be there. Jesse Jackson Junior is gonna be there. Of course, Brother Tavis.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be there.
Speaker 1: I mean a whole host of folks are going to be there our fourth anniversary and we want you there to celebrate that with us. So if you're planning, if you are planning to join us for that fourth anniversary celebration and barbecue on the Juneteenth holiday, we're asking you We're asking everybody to bring a food gift card from any place you choose, on any amount, so that those gift cards may be given out to the victims of the Altadena fire because they're still suffering. They're suffering is not over, and we can help lift a little bit of that burden. So if you plan on coming to the celebration, the barbecue, all that good stuff, make sure you bring a gift card and of any amount, any amount that you can afford. The sacrifice would be so helpful, Be grateful for whatever you can do, and just go ahead sign up. Don't forget now. It's free to attend, but seating is limited. So I mean, I don't think folks they don't want to be left out.
Speaker 2: And ain't nothing wrong with standing either. They can come aste just like a friend's concert. A bit.
Speaker 1: True that, Doc, ain't nothing wrong with standing. If you could do it, you go ahead on the stand. So please make sure that you sign up. Go to the KBLA fifteen eighty dot com website and sign up. Back to our comments, So fuck we got a good quite so a lot of birthday wishes to you, Doc. So for all our people in the chat who are wistening, wishing doctor West a happy birthday. I'm just gonna blanket that a lot of love for you and your birthday. And then we have culture has a question for both of us, Senator Turner, doctor West, how do you maintain your authenticity in a political party and not conform to code switching. I do not see many politicians embracing their culture. Thank you for doing so.
Speaker 2: I should allow you to answer that. Ah Ya, I should pray that you would answer that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just hey, you gotta take me as I am. I learned that a long time ago. You know, Frederick Douglass had a quote about abhorns of self if you are not true to yourself, and I got to sleep with myself. I gotta wake up with myself. I believe I got a answer to a higher power. And therefore none of that selling out stuff is worth it, and especially at this age and this stage of my life, it is.
Speaker 2: Not worth it.
Speaker 1: And to genuinely be black in America is also a type of resistance. When we come forward, we're gonna get doctor West to answer to that question. Thank you for that culture. You're listening to truth Time. Oh you know what, Doc, I forgot no more breaks, no more breaks, no more breaks until the end. Oh my god, brother Miles told me that I'm just so programmed looking at that clock. We can keep going. So like in the in the Democratic Party, is it's not worth me not being me? And I catch hell for it? You know it's not. It's not easy. I mean, there's pushback for me being me, being authentically who I am in my blackness. But I don't care, I brother face they push their pushback than to not be able to live with myself for being a strong, blo black woman that I am. Your thoughts on that doc. I know you're not of this party, you know what I mean, You're independent. So the culture's question was about the party itself, so.
Speaker 2: I mean, one of the beautiful things. But the Tavis station here fifteen eighty is that it is a species of prophetic fight back, precisely because you have to be unapologetic. And when you're unapologetic, it means you take off your deodorized surface and be your funky self. And when you being your funky self, that is a very source of your joy, that's the source of your strength, that's the source of your power. Why would anybodynate themselves from their own joy. Well, if you ain't gonna be yourself and wear your mask your whole life, then you lose sight of what your face really looked like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, through that you do and it's hard, but it's worth it. It's worth the fight back. No, it's good. It's a prophetic fight back. That's how we do it. You some that of shap all of you and all your questions and just everything that people are saying. So that we were talking about, we talked about what just happened in Gazo. We kind of alluded to a little bit about what happened in Bouldered those attacks. So it was an assault on a group of Jewish people primarily who gather to support the Israeli hostages. It was in Bolder, Colorado. They do this on a regular basis. So this person, you know, picked up on the habit and just went in there and and targeted them. This was truly anti Semitism. The violence you know that that these people face is unacceptable, unacceptable. You can be in support of our sisters and brothers and family and friends in the Gaza, support Palestinian lives, but what you cannot do is then go in and cause violence and chaos and pain to innocent people who have a different view than yours.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, that just the moral question. The killing of an innocent life is murder. Murder is murdering a matter under such oventation and national identity of the human being involved. And we've got to fight all forms of racism. There's just no doubt about that. That's just a moral and the spiritual question, very much so.
Speaker 1: And we call the question all the time.
Speaker 2: Absoluh. Yeah, No, We're gonna be true to our sense of morality and spirituality. That's part of what it means to be true to your authenticity. We understand context now we know of you got twenty thousand Palestinian babies who are killed, and it looks there's no accountability whatsoever. There's gonna be some people who come out swinging. Of course, that's a human response. Every human response is not the moral response, but it's a human resc We don't provide excuses for killing innocent folks, no, not at all, not at all. We don't want to revamped the cycle of violence and hatred that we see that is in some ways, in so many ways. Of course, it's much more predominant on the side of the powerful. That's true for white supremacists, it's true for imperialists, it's true for patriarchs, and it's true in this case for Israel visa beit the Palestinians. That doesn't mean jack innocent Jewish brothers and sisters, not just here in the United States but anywhere in the world. It's just wrong.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, Doc, So we definitely condemn that. It shouldn't never happened, and thought some prayers to that community, that whole community. Everybody's impacted by some people more directly, some indirectly, but we're all impacted by it. We're gonna move into New York. So could ranked choice voting make a socialist New York City's mayor? This is coming from the FP Press. The Free Press advocates claim ranked choice voting would move politics to the center. Now, it might help elect the most radical mayor in New York City history. You know, sometimes our people use radical as a negative. Radical just really means getting at the route. But you got this young brother, brother Zoran, holding it down in New York. Doc, talk to us about it.
Speaker 2: Well, No, I'm sitting here looking at Harlem right here in one hundred and twenty third Street, no doubt about that. We're gonna see what happened. It's a fascinating situation and configuration.
Speaker 1: Who it is that was in.
Speaker 2: This situation, it's a fascinating one, it really is. But we also got to realize is that it's like when we sat down back in the eighties with David Dinkins when he won. Is the first black mayor. The permanent government of New York City is Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Woo he is ooh oh, we that we We're gonna have to let that mayor, let that marinate for a while. In other words, that system is gonna do everything in its power to try to prevent this young man from winning. I'm glad that ranked choice voting is a tool that can be used by the masses of people to try to get closer to the type of candidate that they want. And he got him nervous. He's shaking him up, him and his supporters. So New York y'all keep doing the dagone thing. This has been pure joy. We want you to live on purpose, live your purpose, understand your purpose. But above all, titles are good, but purpose is better. Until next time