Speaker 1: Hey, folks, were recording at the Injective Policy Summit, and joining me is Eric Chen, who is the CEO of the Injective Foundation. Eric, good to see you.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Eric, you and I spoke years back about injective. Lots has happened in the injective ecosystem, lots of adoption and more, and I'm excited to be doing this at the summit with you. Thank you so much for taking the time. Thank you so, Eric, Just so folks know, tell us a bit about your background. What led to the founding of Injective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, initially we were primarily focusing on kind of resolving some of the common technical issues when it comes to building like a fully decentralized infrastructure, especially for like entering war book or like you know, like on chain exchanges, etc. And we kind of came up with this very clever like cryptographic primitive and applied it in a very creative way to resolve one of the core issues at the time, which was front running. And that kind of like uh uh started us uh you know, prompted us to build kind of decentralized exchange infrastructure, and then it kind of prompted us to build you know this uh uh layer two environment for exchange ecosystem, and then it allows us a transition into like a layer one blockchain for the exchange ecosystem, and then very soon after a blockchain both for finance and now you know, uh uh like the next generation of on chain economy.
Speaker 1: So what type of building are you seeing on the injective blockchain? Is it tokenization and much more? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, I think the most recent exciting part uh for the ecosystem for us, it's about tokenization and also all these institutional adoptions and use cases, especially when it comes to you know, tokenizing not only just real world assets, but also data itself.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And also a lot of you know, very interesting like aunting perpetuals on different types of r w as. I think these are you know, so far gaining a lot of steam. And of course this is on top of a very much uh you know or some blossoming a builder ecosystem that ranges from AI agents to you know, different types of defile applications, the lending to everything.
Speaker 1: You know, AI agents are all the rage right now. A lot of people are building infrastructure for that for the agentic economy. Do you see that being possibly growing bigger than tokenization or maybe second to tokenization.
Speaker 2: I think it really depends on the metric that you measure them against. So so we just to release the AI s t K design specifically for AI agents so that you know, it's a very much of a well harnessed, you know, safe environment for you know, different types of AI agents to engage with the injective blockchain and makes it you know, easier than never to integrate. So this way, you know, user don't even have to know how the injective blockchain works, not even users developers don't even have to know, and you can just tell the agents like, hey, like buy something for me, maybe uninjective, maybe not, but you know, if if it's uninjective for the AI agent will be able to acquire it.
Speaker 1: So, as a layer one, how are you preparing to handle the volume of transactions for not only tokenization but AI agents over time as that grows?
Speaker 2: I mean, scaling is you know, like a consistent priority and kind of what we've always been decently good at to say the least. So so being a you know, an ultra performance blockchain out there and you know, like being able to like scale as a specialized modular blockchain that you know can be opt typer optimized for a specific type of transaction. We have plenty of experiences, you know, lower the cost down to make sure you know the overall bandwidth of the blockchain and satisfy you know, all the agentic payments or you know, different types of like DeFi use cases or different types of institutional use cases, and you know, you can always be faster, and that's always we're working on.
Speaker 1: Oh. Absolutely, I know it's a working progress to continue to scale and make things better because we're in what Eric we could call it the innings of web three right correct now there are a lot of institutions that are looking to tokenize and do a lot more. What type of demand are you seeing from these institutions when they come to you and say, here's our plan, here's what we want to put on chain. Has that demand grown and are they looking to put stocks, real estate things on chain?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I think you know, not only are they trying to put on you know, different types of equity or different types of asset. I think they're slowly starting to learn that this is a very unique fundraising environment or like a kind of like a capital discovery environment. So one of the really interesting example is that let's say, like you know, there's a there's an asset or an exotic asset that's kind of like having trouble to find, you know, the necessary buyers or investors via their existing rails within like a limited like user base or audience within the US, and then once they tokenize it, they realize, you know, hey, like turns out a lot of different folks in Asia or in Europe really love this asset. And and this is how you do like instant permission lists, like in a sense like investor discovery and buyer discovery.
Speaker 1: So you're kind of putting assets to work that would just sit there idly and giving them a market, giving them liquidity exactly.
Speaker 2: I think that's what crypto is truly extremely amazing at, is that you know, you find liquidity on like a global marketplace easier than any existing financial infrastructure. And we're kind of shown this with the recent IPA to organization et cetera. That's shown a tremendous amount of attraction and success.
Speaker 1: So on that note, with adoption and institutions looking to get involved, many are waiting for the Clarity Act. Obviously, this summit. You know today there's a lot of talks around that we're here in d C. Do you think when this bill passes that it will unlock more building an innovation on injective and other chains.
Speaker 2: I think, honestly, it's a pivotal moment. We've all been you know, holding our breath to see, you know, like how how the bill comes out, you know, like the ETA at et cetera. And then as soon as it does, you know, what you're probably going to expect is that we're probably gonna you know, uh, upgrade the existing Artaba module, upgrade you know, different types of like inner workings of the chain itself to make sure we're one of the first blockchain to be compliant, you know, out of box and make it as easy as possible for builders to be compliant with the Clarity Acts. So then you know, it becomes kind of like the very first environments where institutions and different investors and different users will look at it and say, hey, like this is a very easy platform for us to be you know, touching within the three world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it absolutely makes sense. You want to build the pathways and the roadways for these institutions easily on board and establish themselves in less friction over time, right, correct? Yeah, do you think that? Well, let me back up, because there's different legislation for different regions, like the EU has the MEEKA regulations, the UK I think just put out something. How are you prepared to handle the different jurisdictions because Ejective global right global blockchain.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, it's just about conquering or you know, approaching them like a region by region. So we just released the make our white paper which allows us to you know, like kind of proceed with all the EU like member countries, and then UK's on the list as well as well as you know, a lot of the different region It's a you know, it's a continuous, long grind for us to approach every single jurisdiction given that every one of them have kind of like their own process. But you know, we're we're talking a long and we're trying to scale out of that process.
Speaker 1: And I'm assuming with the programmability of the injective blockchain, whether it be stable coins or tokenized assets, it can be programmed to fit the respective jurisdiction based on their rules.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fascinating how to how that's all gonna work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why you know, we have a generalized blockchain for it.
Speaker 1: And you know, as far as your roadmap, what can you share that's that's really on the roadmap for this year, I.
Speaker 2: Think, you know, like for for the past year or two, and you know, for basically like for for for a foreseeable rest of the year. It's going to be a lot of theme around our WA tokenization, institutional adoption and you know, like engaging with different types of like institutions and also like investor base, especially in the US, especially at the precipice of you know, significant kind of like regulatory clarity and regulatory changes. So that's going to be just a recurring, repeating theme. You're going to see like major institutions kind of like tokenizing their assets on top of injective. But and you know, one interesting surprise is that we've actually been working on you know a lot of really interesting and groundbreaking kind of consumer products so that it becomes extremely palpable for the impact of all these kind of like infrastructure and regulatory kind of regimes that we've been working with to showcase you know, the power of power of like blockchain or like power of crypto. You know when it's completely under your rock, when it's just a protests like fintech app.
Speaker 1: Right, So in the future, Eric, and I think you alluded to it earlier, this technology will be running behind the scenes. Consumers wouldn't necessarily need to know just that their money, their assets. Everything settles faster and cheaper and it and it's just this is powering the financial markets and ecosystem. Correct. Wow, Eric, great stuff and enjoying the summit so far, and thank you for putting this together and looking forward to our next interview.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, appreciate it. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by I Trust Capital. I Trust Capital allows you to invest in crypto as well as precious battles like gold and silver via an IRA and this gives you huge tax advantages, so you can invest in over ninety crypto assets including bitcoin, e theorem x RP, Sowana, and many more. You also get access to stable coins such as circles USDC and ripples r L USD and as it it relates to precious metals, you can invest in gold and silver and these are the physical assets, so you're not investing in paper gold and silver, So on this platform you can redeem the gold and silver if you choose to, and not many platforms offer that. Now, the big advantage to investing via I trust Capital's IRA is the huge tax advantages. Many of you know you incur capital gains taxes when you sell at a gain. Well, you can minimize the effect of some of that by doing it via an IRA, especially if you have a long term view on crypto as well as precious metals, and you can buy and sell crypto in precious metals twenty four to seven. It's low cost and no monthly feet so this is a great option to get exposure to these two great asset classes. And in addition, they have a great custody solution. It's called Premium custody account, so it uses institutional great crypto custody such as coinbas prime, which black Rock leverages. I Trust also uses fidelity digital assets as well as fireblocks, and it's a closed loop system, so if someone accent to your account, they can't withdraw funds. I believe this is the second safest way to custody your assets, right behind self custody, where you control the private keys and within the custody account you could buy and sell twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: It's low fees, so this is a great option for custody of your assets and you can sleep at night knowing that you're getting the institutional grade custodial services. So once again, two great products here from I Trust Capital, the IRRA where you can roll over your existing four one K or IRA to I trust Capitalist version, getting the huge tax advantages and the institutional custody and Folks, if you sign up with my link at I Trustcapital dot com slash go slash Thinking Crypto, you could get one hundred dollars funding bonus. I have an account with I Trust Capital, so I encourage you to go check out I trust Capital, learn about their services and see if it's right for you. Again, you can get one hundred dollars funding bonus by signing up via my link which is I Trustcapital dot com slash Go, slash Thinking Crypto.
Speaker 1: Link will be in the description. Thank you so much for tuning in. Please hit the like button subscribe if you haven't as yet. If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple, please follow and leave a five star rating. Thank you so much,