Speaker 1: Scarlet Hampton my guest for the evening. You know exactly where you can find her at. Scarlet Hampton links to all of our social media the of everything in the episode description below. Please make sure you support the creators that come on our show, otherwise they stop coming on our show. So Scarlet, thank you so much for coming on with me tonight.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: This is the first time a guy's gotten really sweaty with you and hasn't really enjoyed it. Unfortunately. I think I've enjoyed talking to you. I hate being fucking sweaty right now. And I think most of the guys on set who are getting sweaty with you are enjoying it more than I am.
Speaker 3: And I doubt they're enjoying it because I go hard, like I recently was laughing. I mean, I'm not a feminist, and that's why I think I've been able to get along with some.
Speaker 2: Boys that.
Speaker 3: I just kind of learned more through, learn life lessons through. But I feel I'll always respect. But I also feel like in the end they tell me that.
Speaker 2: It's my problem, not yours, you know, And that's basically what I heard this week. And I don't even get personal.
Speaker 3: But I you know, that's why I think it's good that por styleists.
Speaker 2: You know, we shouldn't we shouldn't fall in love.
Speaker 3: But you know, that was the first time, and I feel like I never had a relationship. And I got into the adult industry a few months after I lost my.
Speaker 2: I uh, you know, the forty minas twenty year old movie with Steve Carell. But oh, I have the college girl and I'm just Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Let me let me say this, Scarlett. Before we started recording, Scarlett, you said, you know, I keep it PG protecting. You're more than welcome to say literally any and everything you want. Okay, curse you, fuck, we can fuck. But I don't you know, I don't mean that. You do whatever you need to do, so you I really respect it.
Speaker 3: Let me on the whatever podcast I said there was. They had to actually cut it twice during the time I was there, and I didn't know that it was a debate podcast. So the first time they cut it, I'm sitting in the corner and I'm just being I'm just feeling dejected because I don't I'm not a bully, and I didn't go on to a podcast and drive and a half hours and be excited to be there to support the adult industry. And then right away they're asking the girls around me about their relationships and what fake boob job they got, and and then I'm just sitting here like this, like I'm like a guy, almost like like I'm like this. And then I guess I got a nickname during that show. They called me Methany, and I thought that was hilarious because I rowed seven and a half hours and didn't eat, and that, you know, I was a bit cranky, you know, and women get cranky and angry, and my hangariness must have made me the talk of that little.
Speaker 2: Show then, And to me, I got, I came, I left, and.
Speaker 3: I undressed, and I redressed and I came back in the room and anyways, I jumped a hat a bit. But what happened was first time they cut that podcast, I was sitting like this, and when my legs crossed in the corner, and then none of the comments, nothing was happening. No one knows me. I wasn't talking, but I treat everyone respect and and you know, and I feel like they respect me too. And then at a certain point they say that they want to be good and they're trying to be good and they they can't.
Speaker 2: They can't be around someone like me.
Speaker 1: I think you're great to be around so far. I haven't been around you very long.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think it's just like maybe I'm like Frank Booth and Blue Velvet when it's like names by Roy Orbison's playing.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: I was listening to the Blue Angel today. I was listening to Crying I'm Hurting All by Roy Orbison and it also a band of Stranger Shangerlas or something, and all that music just makes me cry the Rolly Stones, you know now using crying. Yeah, anyways, blah blah blah. I'm a huge music persontcha.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about music. I'm not a very good with.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hope I'm not a maniac because I know I'm not a sociopath or psychopath because I feel too strongly at certain points. But you know, when I went to college for a few years before I got in the industry, and that was right during COVID, so it was a good reason to leave college.
Speaker 2: And you know, because I.
Speaker 3: Didn't feel like I never had advisors in college, I never felt like I had a direction, I had no reason to believe in myself, and I had no.
Speaker 2: Supportive figures.
Speaker 3: I worked three jobs in like service, and my friends were people that I just worked with that would either boss me around or.
Speaker 2: Or tell me I was too much of a flirt. And I think it's funny because I was a virgin all time and I never had a boyfriend, and I guess I was a flirt from the beginning, So you know, why not become a foreign stone.
Speaker 3: I'm a Midwest polite girl, and I would just joke around with the Badger hockey team when they come into Jimmie John's at two am drunk and they would call me the Jimmie Johns girl. So I became the Jimmy Gunks girl because I still have my Jimmy John's vest and I put subs in the back of it. Get on my bicycle, and you know, I can't say bike because these motorcycles boys, they like to say.
Speaker 2: That wasn't a bike. I said a paddle bike.
Speaker 3: But I still like forty four miles a shift, so our INTL gas gas.
Speaker 2: Anyways, that's totally off topic. You're good A bunch of different.
Speaker 3: My life is like in all different weird aspects of weird directions, but a lot of things can inspire me and move me forward. And you know, the adult industry is always not it's not. I've been able to distinguish who I am and what I've done in the industry because I started doing just photography and it was all very natural, happy photos clothed just in Madison here on campus, just taking photos. And then one day my shirt blew open in the wind. And then there's these like events, you know, like you know in the seven year Inch at Me momoroe I was in trying. I was just wearing a Likenavy skirt and event was blown up and then the photographer's like, whoa, keep doing that? You should get in you know, the of So that's kind of how that started for me. I think twenty twenty, twenty twenty one, you know, around then.
Speaker 1: So so you it seems like you were kind of all right. But at that point, are you still a virgin or no, like you said, you said you were being a flirt at the time, or were you like trying to feel yourself out?
Speaker 3: And yeah, twenty one and things had change. I'm not no forty year old virgins. So what I did was. I was with this girl.
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm just gonna say, Jay and news a girl and we went to the bar that I worked at because I was a shock girl. And that's how I had my first shot of anything. I never had any drugs but prozac. When I was a teenager, I was given blik and I depressed him because I grew up and grew will Wisconsin, and I was a perfectionist in sports, Like I was so hardcore an athlete.
Speaker 2: I was doing like.
Speaker 3: Three hundred crunches in the sauna and I waited till the sauna was like one hundred and thirty degrees until I was done, and then I would be on the elliptical for like thirty five minutes, hardcore, listening to music the entire time, and I wouldn't stop until there's a puddle sweat under me. But then I you know, the whole time, I was just like going hard and not thinking about any but like not friendships. I didn't prioritize people relationships. That's why I don't think I had boyfriends. And my mom said, maybe I just scared the boys a bit too much, because then I would go home. I would play guitar and I would sing like I call it scream.
Speaker 2: Oh, but.
Speaker 3: Some guys and bands say that it's more that I know that. They say it's more like a grunge like I was inspired by Courtney Love and L seven and of course like bands like that as a teenage, so I started learning to teach myself how to sing like a vocal fry type voice. So then I started poisting that and then I still have the same Instagram I had when I was like fourteen, so it was taken away when I had a photo not related to the adult industry, but it was related to the photography when I had like leaves, like I had these fall leaves. It was just a pretty artsy photo and the fall leaves were just covering my body like this, and I had them this and nothing was showing. And then it says this was flagged for underage and inappropriate content. And I always find it interesting, and I mean, I'm proud to be on barely Legal. But I was already, you know, it was already. I was not eighteen, and I mean I wasn't I was twenty twenty one, but still I'd been through a couple of years of college, been through like service jobs, learned how to work hard, we learn to work ethic. And both of my parents were self employed. So I grew up working on my dad's tree farm out in like ten degree weather and loaded trees on cars. But I learned that I became a good salesperson, you know what I mean, And I could talk someone into buying a Christmas tree. These are fresh cut, This one's little bushy. This the balls and further pretty were you know, and then the Fraser firs and then you know, and these ones. Don't get this one it's poky. But if you want a white pine in your house, go for it. They're nice looking trees. So I knew how to sell Christmas trees, you know. So like that's kind of things started that I have to you know, other jobs whatever.
Speaker 2: Off topic.
Speaker 3: But a lot of people like get it wrong about people in the adult industry that and I wouldn't disagree with them, because nowadays, I feel like the adult industry is changing. It's not what it has been because of the way of and these content creators and these TikTokers, and the mainstream vibe of being in the adult industry is now becoming so glamorized to a point where there's no time for anyone to pause and actually understand what they're doing. Where I spent a lot of time thinking about it because when I was in high school, I was reached out. There used to be one of these campsites that would just go find cute pictures of girls and they would message them. And right when I turned eighteen, I thought about getting on a campsite, not like what I didn't consider it porn, but it was just like talking to people on a camera. But I found that had to be more humiliating because the first time I did it, I was I was in my dorm room and I ended up I still have the table too. I ended up just using the lego of the table over there and just putting on a show with it. And I mean I was a v rig and h I mean I.
Speaker 2: Made more money than I made.
Speaker 3: Probably working at I worked at a Quick Trip here in the Midwest.
Speaker 2: It's a big thing.
Speaker 3: And I love that job because but I gained weight because I drank too many capsules. I love the cab, I love coffee, but now I barely drinking.
Speaker 2: I drink soda.
Speaker 3: And right now I got an Atkins Protein shake because I do keto like I. That's one thing too, is a lot of people get us wrong, is that we're like unhealthy people.
Speaker 2: But I've always been a runner. And yeah, I mean like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me ask, let me ask. So you played music, right? Have you always had like a performance aspect to you?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe not porn, but maybe if when you were younger, if I met you, I would think like, oh, this girl is going to do something in front of people someday, whether it's theater or blah blah blah. Oh you always had that about you.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to say I did, but I was a kid that I would just not want to be around people, but I would be orchestrating the games on the playground, okay, Like in I was the smart kid, Like I was a valedictorian, you know, I was the professionist. But I also was the one that was inspired by for months like it and music, and it touched me and it made me not feel so alone when you know, I grew up in a town with sixty people and we had a post office, and we had a church, and we didn't go to church. And it's not that we weren't religious. It's just that, like I found myself in the Wisconsin wintertime, I was I took the bus home from school, and I was always alone, and I didn't fit into a click, so I found myself alone a lot. So I got headphones and I just would spend that whole hour bus ride every night.
Speaker 2: Listening to music.
Speaker 3: And when I get home, I'm alone and it's dark, because in the winter time in the Midwest or anywhere, it gets dark. It for so if you get out of school at three seventeen and you're the last one off a bus ride that takes people all out here, and it's a tiresome and I found self getting depressed at that point. And I feel like the biggest issue with people and mental health is that if you're the one that has this need to express yourself, however it might be, it's the way to heal yourself, and you have to do it on your own. And I think a lot of people and parents love their children, and you know, most parents do it and like they want to help their kids by putting them in therapy or thinking that that's going to be the right thing to do, but lock them away and abandon them and put them somewhere where they're going to get right in the head. But in reality, dealing with that pain and dealing with the loneliness and finding a way through it, it allows you to find out who you are because you're alone with who you are, and you can either self destruct or you can start yet finding or realizing something, discovering something that makes you want to just you don't feel alone because you found something and it's not It doesn't have to be a person. You don't have to fit into a click or ever be like anyone else. So I feel like I was more of an outcast. I wore a Jason mass to prom, and I never had a boyfriend in high school. And I never saw myself as pretty or attractive or my looks is anything that made me any more or less or anything than anybody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: The reason why is because, like you know.
Speaker 3: I was told from the time I was a kid, oh, you're so pretty, you're so pretty, or is pretty?
Speaker 2: You can't you shouldn't look in the mirror, don't look in the mirror. And then it was almost like.
Speaker 3: I almost felt like I rejected my appearance in a way because if you're told you're vain, or if you're told you're a narcissist by people that you thought loved you, and they make these harsh decisions upon you without actually knowing who you are inside. And I think that's why I escaped and I would go out to the shed and I would just listen to the extreme on music and I would go run like eight mile runs and just disappear. And it wasn't because I didn't let my families just they didn't. I felt like more like they always treated me like I was the one that was different. I was always the different kid that no one knew they were either intimidated by or they they you know, I just I don't care about making friends like that.
Speaker 1: Let me say something real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah sorry, no no no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, and please no no no.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of a development of how why I've probably maybe got in the industry.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. I think it's great, and I think I think there's so many young kids who are in that situation where maybe they feel like they don't fit into their own families, you know. And what we have to understand as adults now and we look at it is it's not that maybe we were weird, it's that we were and and I think there's been too much of this with a lot of the younger generations being told this. But when you really don't fit in, I think you're special. You know, you just have to find what your path is to.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: There are some just straight weirdos out there, right, like the weird kid in the family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, of course there's a weird ones like Road Hill, Off the Road here and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But I was more of the kid that.
Speaker 3: I heard like grunge music, and I well, I heard like when Kurticle Paint, Kurt Cole Pain and Nirvana and the MTV Unplugged and when he's saying like where'd you sleep last night? And the last verse when you just scream and until his voice just fries out. Like that kind of stuff touched my soul in a way where I saw truth. And I went to these like rock camps or summer camps where every kid wanted to be the best guitar player and shred and do all this stuff. And I was sitting there in the lawn and I could play guitar, but I wasn't showing off. I actually liked my classical guitar way better, and lately I really loved like bands like Leonard Cohen. And you know, I listened to a lot of good music now, but you know, when in that age, like when I was maybe fourteen fifteen sixteen, I listened, I found grunge. And when I found the nineties grunge, I think it really got me through my teenage years, just because teenage inks like teenage having inkst and if you can find a way to take it out in a way where you feel understood by what you hear and you don't feel alone in it. And that's why I really respect art music and expression when they're being very vulnerable to either write or express themselves in a way where it touches the souls of people and it it I see value and meaning in that more than like, you know, just getting the job and doing it to make money so that I can buy and have a picket fence and a house and whatever. And you know, like that's why recently I've really gotten to Childs Mkowski over this past summer and he actually saved my life really with he has a palm the Blue Bird, and it's just basically about how every person, and not everyone, but we all have our child, our inner soul and who we are, and that is part of us. And that is like our little bluebird if we don't feed it, if we say no, you can't talk. You're not supposed to think that way. This is what everyone needs you to think. This is what society says is right and wrong. You can't have your own sense of right and wrong. You have to put you in a cage and you have to be quiet, and we're going to drown you. And now we're hurting too because we can't talk to you. So we're going to just keep hurting you. And then when I listen listen to that, I really felt touched because in a way I felt like it's like when I felt like since I started listening to that kind of stuff, I started to respect myself more who I am on the inside and who I was and not what other people think and who I am.
Speaker 1: First off, have you ever read excuse me, Heavier than Heaven, the Charles Cross book, the Cobaine documentary or biography. No I haven't. I got to write it down. Only book I've ever read twice, Heavier than Heaven. It's very like in depth, they taught I'm a huge Nirvanica and Nirvana is my band.
Speaker 2: Oh I love Nirvana.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so that one is great, you.
Speaker 2: Know, el save Babes and toiling. I mean, and I actually.
Speaker 3: Do like Courtney Love because I start out, like, you know, a lot of people hate her because she killed Kurt. And this about when I was fourteen fifteen, kind of between fourteen sixteen. She still had Instagram and she still had things, and I would post covers of her songs, and I postcovers in Nirvana songs. And one day I was out on a run, like in the middle of nowhere, just run him, and all of a sudden, I get a notification on my like little like iPod iPhone type thing, and it says Courtney Love. Like like your post, Courtney Courtney Loves start following you. And then she commented on the posts as saying of.
Speaker 2: Nirvana songs.
Speaker 3: So then I put them back up on my Instagram that I still have because even though her Instagram she deleted it, probably because she wanted to escape. That's just you know, it just kept exploding into nobody knows who he was, but she does, and everybody all they know is what they hear and could make conspiracious about and whether whatever happened, no one could be right or wrong. We don't know what happened to Jim Morrison. We don't know, but you know it happened, and in the end, it's just kind of like I just really respected that a lot that here his wife, you know, would comment and follow me and say love.
Speaker 1: It, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I did the cover of rape Me on my and I played guitar, so I was singing play guitar, and I was probably fifteen sixteen. I didn't know that I knew exactly what this song to the extent that I understand it now. But when I watched the video and when I hear what I did, I had expression. I express pain and feeling and compassion through through singing that, and I feel like, I mean, I'm not you know, I mean I liked I'm right, Oh my law, my own music now. But covers is a great way to start and if you can really connect with it and not just do it.
Speaker 2: To sound pretty or like.
Speaker 3: Because I went to these rock camps, like I said, and there were too many kids that, oh, I'm going to the Berkeley School of Music and I'm an opera singer, and the girl told me, she's like, your vocal cords are like this when you do that. She's like, you're wrecking your vocal chords. And I can talk just fine, and I have a good throat come in and I work on it, and I never heard my voice doing it because I told my train myself, like, there's this bad Buck Cherry singer. He has this kind of like kind of crackly grally type kind of vocalist. But I would say, scream up, and it's not screamed like Maria Brinking in this moment, like I like, it's like a you know, like a like you know, it's taking it from down here and it's.
Speaker 2: Like w you know, and it's coming out that way.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not going like a like doing something that it's like wha, you know, like like you learn to like make a f.
Speaker 1: From your diaphragm throat right.
Speaker 3: And it it takes time, And I guess I respect that. Buck Cherry even said he taught himself how to do it. He taught himself how to sing. And then Maria Bring taught herself out of sing like that, and and so did like Courtney Love had that kind of yell voice and and I really lately have been into the l seven I always like bathe in Toyland and like, you know, like seven year bitch, like like like I'm and I'm not a feminist, but here's the thing is I like, I like to hear expression in me. Like actually today I heard It's all over Now, Baby Blue, but the animals sing it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a Bob.
Speaker 3: Dylan song, and then I heard Mary and Faithful sing It's all over Now, Baby Boom. But I heard the animals sing it today and I just felt I felt the feeling in it, you know what I mean? Sure, you really feel it. And that's why I think that means so Morston. Music is when you can really feel something from listen to it, and it doesn't always have to just sound pretty or perfect.
Speaker 1: Sure, I agree. And a lot of grunge was that like I prefer in you to Row to never Mind. It's a little deeper, grungier, scratchier, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like I love to sing like Scentless Apprentice Tour, It's milk it Mike.
Speaker 1: My favorite Nirvana song is such one that people are like, why would you like that? Because it's all noise at the beginning. Is radio friendly?
Speaker 2: Is it wet Vagina?
Speaker 1: No, it's radio friendly, unit shifter from.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like sell some Prentice like, oh, Bas's not like but you know what I mean, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Sex less.
Speaker 2: And then and then at the time when he's like, oh he didn't care, but how he sounded express his paint and you know, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, a great song to come out years later. I mean I was expecting like junk and garbage kind of because I was, I was in it. I'm a little older than you, but he's so yeah that song is it was worth the wait, truthfully, you.
Speaker 3: Know it was, yeah, And I'm glad I found them at my young age because I was just like this kid that didn't I didn't have a click, I didn't have friends.
Speaker 2: I rode the bus over an hour home every night during the winter.
Speaker 3: Time, and it was cold and it was dark when you got home, and my parents came at my house at fifty eight degrees because of the old farmhouse.
Speaker 2: So I would just get home, walk the dogs, slip on ice or be.
Speaker 3: Out in the cold, and then get inside being the cold, and then just like sit there waiting for somebody to come home that you could talk to, you know, like your family. Like my sister were kind of avoided. She went to basketball, practiced, and I was in sports, but not during the winter. Tried basketball, but I guess I was not like that kind of team player because I didn't like seeing like all the favoritism. So that's why I joined mainly. And I was a state champion across country at like fifteen, sixteen years old, and I wasn't even trying to win. I just went so hard at it, almost like revenge because the people that were on the team were the ones that the coach was favoring because that was his granddaughter and this and that, and.
Speaker 2: I respect everybody.
Speaker 3: I respected her, I liked her, but I also had this feeling that they put me on the bench and they never knew what I was capable of. So I was going to work all summer and I listened to music and that helped me dry myself. On these eight mile runs, I would run in the heat. I run in the nineteen degree snow. I ran in all the weather. Because my school was so small, we didn't have like a private gym, we didn't have like an indoor gym. We put ourselves out there in the elements, and then you learned how to deal with it, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. So you weren't scared of a little snow and this and that.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of I feel like how I grew up, and I was proud of that, even though at the time.
Speaker 2: We all felt kind of like.
Speaker 3: These private schools and these kids go to nice schools and they have nice gyms, and they have cheer leader clubs and dance clubs and music clubs. And I was taking guitar lessons from my band teacher, but first I was teaching myself. And I started playing when I was eight, so I had, you know, I played from a young age.
Speaker 2: It was always something out talking through, you know.
Speaker 1: Not to change the focus.
Speaker 2: But you said something that really not adult.
Speaker 1: Not at all. But you're a fascinating person. You're an interesting person, kind of gets to the core. So let me ask I get that same thing too. I don't call it revenge. I call it spite where you go that guy's PA and not redemption, but redemption's winning at the end, but you're building it.
Speaker 2: On like I'm gonna, I'm gonna it gives you something to go out and do.
Speaker 3: So, I think the people that didn't treat me with respect to me, actually I didn't need to respect. It's about how who you are to yourself and your bluebird. I'm going to respect my blue bird if.
Speaker 2: I can believe in myself enough to to not not outrun everyone or beat anyone, or do it to win, but to do it to do it for myself, to help myself know what I'm capable of, and that I'm I am good enough and not good enough, but like I can do something on my own and I don't need them.
Speaker 1: So let me ask, do you take that mindset into your current career where you go I want to shoot this type of scene. I'm going to push for it. I'm going to work for it because I see a lot of a lot of you female performers on Twitter are so I would expect it, and this is my rude misogyny from the outside. I would expect it to be cat fights all the time, girls going at each other. I see all that, but it seems it doesn't seem like that. You'll see that once in a while, but it's so supportive. It seems like, well, the way I.
Speaker 3: Look at it is the girls that are in the industry that do shoot the scene because you know modern day the you know, the adult film industry, like these companies that have been around for ages, their rates don't raise with inflation. So the girls that are really basically exploiting the girls that have worked in that business where we put ourselves out there, we get one check, we pay our taxes, and that's out there forever.
Speaker 2: But I respect it.
Speaker 3: I respect the work I did in the scene I did, and that I put myself there, and I put myself in situations where I I became a stronger person and I respect people, and I know how to respect people, and I know how to work hard, and I didn't take advantage of somebody's somebody by selling them some fake idea on like the OF I actually don't really even use my OF anymore. I barely ever log in because it's like, to me, it feels like I can't talk to everybody on an individual basis myself. And I'm not going to hire a third party to message people for me. And I'm not going to make some AI bought to pretend they're me to talk to people. I'd rather go to the old school conventions, the exoticas and the avns and just talk to people and be a person with people, because that's how we are in the Midwest, like treated someone like a person, because especially, you know, if you've worked in fast food, you've done I think there's a lot of times when you're just you don't feel you know, like you don't feel good about yourself, you don't have respect for yourself. And it's so it's just to me, it's just more like I'm not gonna to try to groom men basically to make some money. I would rather build connections with people that are real and meaningful and uh and I find my way through that because I'm breaching out and I respected industry and I never regret anything because I left a place where I felt.
Speaker 2: I wasn't able to take the risks that I wanted.
Speaker 3: And that honestly was college, right, all kind of trapped in college. And like nowadays, you know, in politics, all these younger kids, these far right, you know, mega type boys, they're all saying, oh, college is a waste time, blah blah blah. You know, but like I already felt that way when I dropped out twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: You know, I felt that way when my film degree was entirely useless after something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it's because I had a sense of humor.
Speaker 3: So my professors choked with me, but they ridiculed me in front of the class, and I wasn't hurt, but.
Speaker 2: It was almost like they are.
Speaker 3: It was like an egging, like like throwing eggs at somebody to not ever help help them become kind, believe in themselves, basically try to just crush people's dreams. So in the in the adult industry, it's not.
Speaker 1: Like that, really, it's it's more positive.
Speaker 3: Not when I joined it was And honestly, the agent I had was a very old agent and he's returned now, I believe, so he uh, you know, he was there when I flew in la at like eleven thirty pm at night. He was there pick me up and drive me to the modelhouse up in the valley, so I didn't have to pay for a one hundred dollars where because I have that kind of like.
Speaker 2: He made sure we were safe.
Speaker 3: So that's why when I get mad with people, are always just in the adult industry, and oh but all these of models can be so much better than the the real porn stars.
Speaker 1: Right, let me ask you, so I won't ask you to name them at all, But have you been on a bad set and a good set, and what separates the difference between the two. Like you speak a lot about respect and this and that, have you ever had a bad experience on set where maybe they either didn't trust your word on how you do something or yeah, okay, all right, tell me about that. But again, I'm not asking you to call out anyone specifically, like that's not my intent.
Speaker 3: I never would because in the end, I respect everybody, and everybody has challenges, and everybody is in a place in the adult industry. Of course, to be in that industry and to.
Speaker 2: Face it the.
Speaker 3: Discussed in some ways by your own family.
Speaker 2: You know, it's how could I not?
Speaker 3: But I guess the instance I had been on that set was when I was doing my best and I was in pain, and I just they always told me I could call cut, So I called cut, and I went to the bathroom to cry.
Speaker 2: And then I guess later after the scene, my agent had told the director that I respected, and this wasn't the first agent, this wasn't he told him that I was in the bathroom doing drugs, and then so here's people I respect that I went in the bathroom to cry because I needed a break because it's intense. It's intense on.
Speaker 3: Your body day after day to work in that industry, to be under the pressure where you're on a big set and it's an all day job, like you're there from the early early morning, like in a different city you're not used to as I'm from Wisconsin. I'm up in La I'm taking ubers up into the mountains and I'm doing my best and I'm doing the outfittings and I know that everything's on the line. I never want to let my agent down or anybody down. And that's why it was sad to me, because I was never on doing anything. I had to cry. I'm an emotional person and that's also why I feel like that's why I like to write, and I like to listen to music that affects me, and I like to sing and play music because I expressed myself. So I'll cry or I might pay have a payanic a moment of panic, and and part of those moments of panic that came from situations where you didn't actually know.
Speaker 2: That it was wrong.
Speaker 3: You just said yes, because you didn't want to let somebody down, you know what I mean. So you didn't want to just be abandoned. You wanted to make the people that supported you. You wanted to make them proud. Sure, and I will not a quitter, and you know, being an athlete might a person from the Midwest, like you know, I worked on my grandpa's farm. Some we build hey, Like you know, just quit when you're tired or if you're uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You can't say you got to do the work, so it's done.
Speaker 3: And like I think that would be my only advice of anyone going into the industry is that there's no point in policing people in that way because now, I mean, like the last scenes I've shot and gone out in vased a shot, I just have fun because I have fun with the directors.
Speaker 2: I have fun all day on set. We play music, and.
Speaker 3: I don't look at it as something that if I don't do it right, they're gonna, you know, I'm gonna disappoint them. So when I didn't think of it like that anymore, like oh, I got to make them happy. I was doing it because I wanted to, and it wasn't much about like the sex part of the industry. It's more about like being on set with people that understand you and.
Speaker 2: Get it. You do get to express.
Speaker 3: Yourself a lot acting wise, I mean, and they let you improvise a lot, so like even real you know, actors don't just get to improvise their whole script. So if I want to make it funny, I would make it funny. I say whatever I wanted, And sometimes it's very taboo and wrong and very nineteen seventies eighties movies where they don't make that kind of stuff anymore. But in the adult film industry, we can still make that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And I actually that's why I'm more into like going forward. I want.
Speaker 3: I'm more really figured that I actually really like enjoy making funny things and making not making fun of anybody I'm making fun of anything like that.
Speaker 2: But like, for example, like I did.
Speaker 3: An Amish scene and they chose me to be the homage person because I don't have tattoos than from the Midwest and I look pretty incent and it's then I guess, so I just didn't even know how to talk Amish, so I just would be like, like my sister was trying to take me off the farm. I would just be like, oh sis, sure, oh no, sister, like uh, like like I was there with like the guy who supposed to marry, but with like it was like a Mormon type thing where like no, no, it's like marriage.
Speaker 2: We we can't.
Speaker 3: We can't share a battel marriage, you know, like like like it's just it just put me in a position where I could say what I want and director didn't stop me.
Speaker 2: They kept it rolling. And then at the end of the day we.
Speaker 3: All are eating food or whatever, and it just felt there is a togetherness and I do miss that I don't have an agent currently. It's and that's the thing is is because lots of these agencies they're not even taking on new people. And like when your contract ends, it's difficult being not living in LA. And then but a lot of girls will live of like I'm living in Wisconsin and I'll buy my flight out to LA and I could be out there a whole month, you know, and it actually helps you tax wise, because that's a business expense, is having to buy and pay for things in your flights and all that. And then I can live where I feel safe and the people are friendly. And I love the food in Wisconsin, and I love I'm not a cheesecriped person, but I love culvers.
Speaker 2: If you ever heard of.
Speaker 1: Clivers, I've heard of culvers.
Speaker 2: Yes, they got the best coals in the world. So enough the butter burgers call sat and quick shrip and quick trip. So I'm always be loyal in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: And lately I've been getting the egg roll and I'll get like a chicken sandwich. But they have a whole connoment bar where you lettuce tomato, onion everything where if you go like Burger King or somewhere, it's like thirty cents of tomato.
Speaker 2: So it's like Wisconsin won't rip you off, you know.
Speaker 3: So it makes me feel loyal to your state, especially when you're like, there are a lot of vampire type people out west. But New York, on the other hand, I find New York more like a velvet underground lou reed, Like it's a wild world, wild side of the world, and I love being in the jungle, but it's also nice to leave. But it's a fun cool five days in New York is like a lifetime I had in even experienced anywhere else, like you know, but Also I look at it more like if I lived in New York, I probably at some point would feel I would miss the open roads of Wisconsin. And I live in like Madison, where I live, like in.
Speaker 2: The most busiest area of Madison, like Street, but it's also a college campus, so there's just always something going on and it's very safe. We got the capital of a few blocks way, and then the university cops and then the Madison police, and I just feel safe here and then surrounded by lakes and running trails and I'm a runner, and the airport's fifteen minutes away, so I can fly anywhere.
Speaker 1: Has anyone ever recognized you around your hometown? Though?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, here on State Street these college college kids. Surprisingly, I was at a bar here Mondays and the bartender are you are you scarlet? Or said hi? Can we order? Like I was going to order some shots or my friends And I'm not like a huge drinker. I'm not. I'm honestly not. But what I like to like go hang out with my friends and and just to have a good time on's wall and like, are you scarlet? I know? Or you said? I know you you.
Speaker 3: Are You're scarlet, You're scarlet here to and this was like my first year and I just got back to medicine and I didn't ever seem I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't view myself.
Speaker 3: Is anyway like uh, like I only view myself as someone that like I want to keep working hard to make myself proud of finding out who I am and uh using my gifts and expressing myself the way I want. That'll that'll feel the best about myself, I think.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, actually, this is the last question I have for you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I get super deep when I talk, and sometimes.
Speaker 2: Like like, uh, I get lost and I tray off.
Speaker 3: But that's also what sometimes like on some of these podcasts, people just like like listen to me talk.
Speaker 1: I guess I love honestly.
Speaker 3: I go in a different direction. But also like soda the President Trump, Sure yeah, And I'm not deflecting. I honestly am not.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I just my brain works like that. And that's why they would always consider me of.
Speaker 3: Being like like the oddball or the different one. And and but they said that to me since I was a child. So to me, it doesn't affect me, But it just affects me that one day on that set when I was crying in the bathroom and I just needed a hug and uh, I was in pain it but I knew I had to finish the scene to make everybody proud and do that and it was important and but you know, and then to be accused of that later.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's crazy, that's wrong, that's it's it's.
Speaker 3: Times like I felt that that's the one memorable expected experience I hadn't set.
Speaker 2: Actually, I could say anything.
Speaker 3: The directors have always been amazing, and they're like the coolest people, and the.
Speaker 2: Talent is great.
Speaker 3: It's just and you know, my agents they wanted me to have a good career and they looked out for me. I think the scariest thing for some girls that start out is when you're in You go up on a mountain and this guy might own the site himself and he shows all the photos and you're alone with him for two days and he's telling you to do something and.
Speaker 2: It's your job.
Speaker 3: You're going to do it, and you're sent there and you're alone with them, and if you don't do it, do.
Speaker 2: You have a chance?
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean, if you don't do it, you have just the regular lifetime, like the fact that you're with a dude you don't necessarily have access to a car. You have those natural fears, which is totally understandable, But the other side is professionally too, like you're scared if you don't speak up and say how you actually feel, or if you do do that, this guy might motherfuck you to Like other companies, you have done.
Speaker 2: Things like that. And it's only just because.
Speaker 3: There were insenses where I was worrying my health was at risk sure to continue a scene so I couldn't finish it, and instead of there's no understanding, it's just we're out this much money.
Speaker 1: Now, sure, let me ask you this. Then, last question, where do we see your career going from here? Do you want to mostly just I said mostly That was a weird accent. Do you mostly want to just keep shooting mainstream stuff? Do you want to branch out into other stuff? You want to get your music published? Do you want to what do you want to do? Tell me what the next twenty five years of your life is.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I've definitely gotta finish my album because I've been writing since advocated and I because of the industry, and I'm a good practical singing person. I have built my music studio and i have my new logic pro and I've just been working on stuff today and I'm like starting to appreciate the person. I also the other parts to myself that I just put, you know, the little bluebirds that I put them in the little cage and said, no, you gotta you gotta just do this, and you got to do this and make money. And now I look at it like, you know, I've lost some friends, and uh, it makes me look at.
Speaker 2: It like.
Speaker 3: You have to not not all. You can't just make everyone in society proud. You have to you have to be who you are. And uh, that's the meaning is right in front of you, and it's with you, and it's inside of you, and it's and it's hard because most of the time I can't respect myself. And it's not because of anybody else.
Speaker 2: It's my own obstacles.
Speaker 3: And everybody faces that, you know, I think what other people can say anything, and it cannot hurt me.
Speaker 2: As much as the way.
Speaker 3: I allow myself to.
Speaker 2: Not believe in myself.
Speaker 3: And but when you have, when you give yourself a chance, it's just that's the hardest thing is that consistent saying that you're good enough and and you can do this, and you're worthy to do that, and this is part of who you are, so it doesn't matter what you work to deserve. It's part of you. And that's a gift.
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I just I talk from my heart sometimes, so.
Speaker 3: It's hurt me too many times. But like it's just because a lot of people doing podcasts. Actually I feel very comfortable being very honest. And the reason why I think is because I don't I'm not targeting any anybody. A lot of people I know they like to make fun of people or they like to do this or that. I feel like I'm the meanest person in the world and myself and I respect anybody that uh can work just respect themselves.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you feel better, because you.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I feel amazing. Actually, this is very sorry for me. I always people. It's interesting because every time, like if I sniffle or tear up a little bit, it's actually, uh, it's out of like a respect and appreciation and gratefulness.
Speaker 1: Well again, I don't think you're the odd ball in your family I think maybe you're the special one. I think your career to this point, from what I've seen, has been filled with nothing but performance is hard and more industry work.
Speaker 2: And and I'll do it, you know. I I set it up on my own and I show everyone respect that I work with, and I go if I shoot a scene, I go there or not.
Speaker 3: I have fun and I do it to have fun. And you know, I do it because I see it now is.
Speaker 2: I'm lucky to just have like a cool job. Like I respect the just the family feel of the industry because it is smaller like like I don't think I think of the industry is that actual performers that have sacrificed relationships and family and and whether it's college or a certain job that they might have wanted, or they're they're the bank they choose. Even those are the ones I respect versus some of these girls going out there that just started that are just trying to make the Bisiness Book of World records. You know.
Speaker 1: You know what my favorite ones are are the new girls who get into the industry and immediately right off the bat go right to Finn Doom because it's like the one where they on.
Speaker 2: The whatever podcast because they put me together with a lot of girls that I treat everyone respect. But I also had to. I had to, I had to. I got stern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I guess you know, my mom's an attorney and she's you know, she was a stamp where she's she's very smart.
Speaker 2: That's partly why too, Like.
Speaker 3: We get along now and we love each other, but it was hard on her when she found out and uh so. But also I see people in the industry. There's people I met through the industry that will always be there for me and they've saved my life.
Speaker 1: Do you want to shout anyone out or no.
Speaker 2: Things? And there's been a few really good people that's just give me a safe place to live.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the most important thing. The most important thing is being feeling safe. Like you said, you love living where you live now because it feels safe to you. That was something you emphasized you when your manager called you out and did that and lied and whatever else. You weren't safe in that moment. I think you're a total sweetheart who is looking to feel safe. You are very successful at the things you do. You will put on great performances again and you are talented. So again, I'm not a shrink. I'm not, and I've known you for an hour at this point, but I can kind of get that sense and feel like you're legitimately a good person and you just have to find that in yourself to never get pushed down, never get weighed down by any of the negativity or you know, any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thank you let light on the texting, and you were just so so professional that I'm like, shoot, I got to use the introduction sincerely best, like like I did in like school, you know, I got to go back to that. I can't just say uh yeah yeah whenever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't talk like like I'm Midwestern. Sometimes we talk like like, you know, like we.
Speaker 1: Talked about you sent me one email that looked like voice detext and I was like, oh no, I think she's being kidnapped right now.
Speaker 3: When I was running out of I was running out of patients for my uh you know, write cursive, you know, and a lot of kids not they.
Speaker 2: Can't do it anymore.
Speaker 3: But my school is so small that they they made us do our cursive and we got graded on it.
Speaker 2: So I'm proud of that that I.
Speaker 3: Can write cursive and uh, I like philosophy and psychology, and I like poetry, and but you know, and not just that, I mean I like.
Speaker 2: What's actually real and.
Speaker 3: Real and the hard reality that people don't want to think about. And that's why I watched the movie I said, starts out with this picket fences and then all of a sudden, the guy has a stroke and it's very happy sunny day in the neighborhood and it's spend. There's these beetles underground or whatever they are, and it's the underbelly of the society, and a lot of people won't put them.
Speaker 2: I won't know about it, or they know what they don't want to know, and they won't live live in they don't take the risks.
Speaker 3: And that's why also too, I respect the industry that And then like the girls that I know and the guys and the directors and the people that put work into an industry where their vone because in a lot of ways and it puts them at risk and they take the risk.
Speaker 1: And yeah, can I just point this one last thing out real quick? You have pointed out a million times the.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go to quick trip and get some I'm gonna get it. I'll get a soda up out.
Speaker 1: You have pointed out a million times about how you admire these people because they work as hard, they committed to it, they take the risks. That's you. You're in that category. I just want you to recognize. I hope you recognize that. I think you do. I'm not questioning you on that, but all these things that you admire, you're doing that too. And you can go to bed at night feeling good that you are doing it. You should, you should.
Speaker 2: I should think of it like that, because because I know it's hard.
Speaker 3: There's so many times where you're standing there alone, you're just looking to buy your groceries and then either waiting for an uber or a us and or you're just alone with the body that you.
Speaker 2: Work with and.
Speaker 3: You have to find out who you are still and uh, you don't always feel.
Speaker 2: You are allowed to know who you are.
Speaker 1: Well you are Scarlet Hampton my guests for the evening. You know exactly where you can find Scarlet at Scarlet Hampton. Make sure you follow across all social media. Please link I'm talking to you everything in the episode.
Speaker 2: I've had fun and that's not like if I want to like start doing like stand up open mics, just staying about like comedy, because for me, it's like a lot of people don't think like, oh, how how is that funny? Like, but like you, you can make people laugh if you can be.
Speaker 3: Honest and be honest about your own insecurities, your own mistakes, your own reality, and it's vulnerable and if you could be honest about it, it's not trying to make somebody laugh, it's just be a light about it. To just be a light about the harsh, harsh stuff. And I have fun doing that because when you hurt, you know, and then you can just say things you know what.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know exactly what I mean. Thanks figuring it out.
Speaker 1: No, we're all still figuring out. Scott. Thank you so much for coming on with me tonight.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you. Thank you bye tonight.