Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Tam cayse.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Help you're well on this Monday afternoon. Your Los Angeles Dodgers back at it at sixty nine and forty nine on this season, first place to top the NL West, tied with the Phillies for the best record in the National League, a three and a half game lead in the division. After a four and two homestand that included a sweep of the Pirates, the Dodgers hit the road for a seven game road trip, first up four game series in Milwaukee that begins this afternoon. Clayton Kershaw on the mound, and it's also the return of Mookie Betts, who comes back after a broken hand. First pitch for Milwaukee's coming up at five to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to cover here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You are gonna hear from Mookie Bets himself. David Vessse is gonna go one on one with Mooki coming up in forty five minutes. We'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts will dive deeper into today's pitching matchup with the Dodgers Clayton Kershaw looking for his first win here in twenty twenty four. Shortly well, of course, here from tay Oscar Hernandez, and in just a few minutes we'll check in with Rick Monday and Tim Nevert at the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth. Will Yesterday at Dodgers Stadium, glass Now was really good, but the Dodgers needed extra innings to finish off the buckos Tyler. Glass Now got the start. The right hander pitch seven strong innings. He louches two runs on five hits while striking out four along the way. Klass Now got some early run support in the bottom of the first Freddie Freeman at two out double that brought up Will Smith.
Speaker 3: Hits the Will swings, hits the ball well the right field Jeewan Bay does not have it. It's gonna bounce off the track and off the wall. Freeman comes into score and in the second with a two hot RBI double is Will Smith. The Dodgers strike first and lead it one nothing.
Speaker 4: Now with that swing, they're gonna be saying no diving in the shallow wind.
Speaker 2: Of the pool had double for a Will Dodgers on the board, up one and nothing. The very next batter, A Metazzario, followed that up with a single, scoring Will Smith. Dodgers with a little two out magic in the first inning. Up two to nothing. In the second, Dodgers offense back at it again with two outs to Oscar Hernandez, double down the left field line. Dodgers of four to nothing. Tyler Glass now we mentioned he would go seven innings. The only mistake he made was a two out, two run home run hit by Andrew McCutcheon. That was it Dodgers with a four to two lead when Glass now turned it over to the bullpen. However, the eighth was a rocky one for Anthony Bonda. He gave up the lead again Andrew McCutcheon with a two run home run, He's second of the game. Dodgers and Pirates were tied at four. The game went to extra innings yesterday. Pirates scored a running the top half of the tenth to take a five to four lead. In the bottom of the tenth, Dodgers answered back Key k Hernandez, He's been great. A leadoff double down the left field line that scored the tying run. Andy pot Has then walked in. Three batters later, Taasker walked in.
Speaker 5: Off oh too to ty Oskar.
Speaker 6: He swings base hit to right field, rounding third Kik. Here's the throat of the plate and is waight.
Speaker 7: Dodgers win it.
Speaker 6: Tay Oscar Hernandez with his sixth career walk off hit, and the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Sweep the Pirates. So there's sixty nine win.
Speaker 6: Of the years.
Speaker 2: Walk off single for tay Oscar. Dodgers come back and beat the Pirates yesterday six to five. Second walk off hit of the season for tey Oscar. Dodgers finished off the sweep of the Pirates. Evan Phillips gets the winning relief. Tyler Glass now with no decision despite seven strong innings. With the win, Dodgers now again twenty games over five hundred. It's sixty nine to forty nine, a three and a half game lead in the Division. They're tied with the Phillies for the best record in the National League, and now they hit the road. First stop Milwaukee in a four game series against the Brewers. Mookie Betts is back. Clayton Kershaw on the mound, first pitch coming up at five ten, and with more we head out to the Gaalpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Rick Monday and Tim guys.
Speaker 3: Sam, thank you very much for here at American Family Field in Milwaukee. It is an absolutely beautiful summer day here in Wisconsin, as the roof is open for this ball game. Will be a nice night at the ballpark. The Dodgers begin this seven game road trip four games here in Milwaukee at sixty nine and forty nine, twenty games above five hundred. They start the night three and a half above both San Diego and Arizona in the National League Western Division standings. Meantime, the Brewers sixty seven and fifty. They are seven and a half game up in the National League Central Division, so two division leaders going at it here and the Phillies, the Dodgers and the Brewers vying for the best record in the National League. Right now, the Phillies and Dodgers are tied for the top spot. Clayton Kershaw gets the start. He's zero and two, four to three eight the era he'll go against Freddie Peralta. Peralta is seven and six with a four to two era and a very important game for the Dodgers. Very important for the Dodgers, but most importantly, they get Mookie Bets back to night Mare.
Speaker 4: Even when the Dodgers boarded their plane at Lax last night after winning the final game of that series against the Pittsburgh Pirates, even the captain made an announcement welcome back Mookie Betts, happy to have you board and there was some applause that took place in the Dodger playing So, yeah, it's catching everybody's attention, and he just wonders that what's going on inside Mookie Betts. Forty five games he had missed in that period of time, and he's going to batt at the number two spot and be in right field tonight.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers with Mookie Bets in the lineup for forty four and twenty nine, without him five games over five hundred and just twenty five and twenty he'll be batting in the second spot.
Speaker 7: It's not unfamiliar to him.
Speaker 3: He's done it enough in his big league career, most recently with the Boston Red Sox in twenty nineteen. He had a substantial number of games where he was in that number two position.
Speaker 4: And it's not just about Mookie Betts. This is about the Dodgers kind of turning things on. Look at the last thirty five games they've gone, well, they're game below five hundred, they're seventeen and eighteen. He start to think back, not that long ago, twenty third of July, the Dodgers had an eight and a half game lead in the Western Division of the National League. With that lead has now been trimmed at three and a half by both Arizona and San Diego. They're playing good baseball and if the Dodgers hoping, obviously as you mentioned, to try and get back.
Speaker 3: On track, ta Oscar Hernandez had the walk off hit of the tenth inning to sink the Pirates yesterday. He has been terrific this month and nine August games, tay Oscar is hitting four thirty two, sixteen out of thirty seven, four home runs, twelve runs scored, and again came up with the clutch single in the town.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And if we look at the lineup tonight, Kevin Kiermer is going to be starting in center field, kicking Hernanis again at third base. What has changed the overall look is the position in the batting order of Will Smith, because if you look at Will Smith, he's going to bat six tonight and the last thirty days for Smith, it has been a struggling swinging the bat better the last three games that he's played in, but the last thirty overall just a one forty one batting average against. In just about every month since April, that average has gone down and down. He says he's healthy and hopefully that swing's gonna get healthy again.
Speaker 3: Smith, hitting behind Gavin Lucks Lux, has earned his spot in the batting order. He has been terrific since the All Star bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if this Dodger ball club hoping obviously for a good performers by Clayton Kershaw his fourth start, still looking for his first victory, but he's had good success over the years eight and five with an ERA under three and eighteen starts career against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 3: Clayton Kershaw and two facing Freddy Peralta, who is seven and six. That's the pitching matchup as we count you down to the first pitch here in Milwaukee at American Family Field, Tim.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, As we tell you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Ort of your Shaky's Pizza and Chick and Mojo's at Shakys dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts David mat Say, we'll check in. Of course. The ego's a one on one with Mookie Betts, who is back well on the IL on June seventeenth. He is back and in the Dodgers lineup and and right field tonight for Dave Roberts. We'll get your ow Tania Rewind when we come back, and we'll hear from Kirston Watson and Taeoscar Hernandez in a big game yesterday. That's all coming up as we lead you up the first pitch of Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Cases. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorono Casino. Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. Clayton Kershaw, Freddie Peralta, the pitching matchup. Rookie Betts is back activated off the injured where he's been since June seventeen with a broken hand. Dave Advance Saleo go one on one with Mookie coming up in about thirty five minutes. First pitch set for five tens.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewind.
Speaker 2: Shoe Hey Otani yesterday had a triple in the game for the Dodgers. Blogs quiet at the plate with runners in scoring position. The Dodgers were able to get the win, though in extra raining, six to five over the Pittsburgh Pirates. As the Dodgers finish off the sweep of the Buckos, Shoeotani's average has dipped a little bit, now under three hundred on the season, but still part of the thirty thirty club and projected to get to forty forty. It would be just the sixth player all time to reach forty home runs and forty stolen bases in a season. The Otani Rewind brought to you by Itto ins Oyocha, Japan's number one green seam the tea the Shoeyotani loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot Com. That's it.
Speaker 5: O E.
Speaker 2: N dot Com yesterday, to oscar Is walked it off with an RBI single the tenth inning. The Oscar also had a two run double way back in the second and he had three RBIs yesterday, on base three times. We're this Dodger's team be without ti Oscar Hernandez. It's a good question. Yesterday after the game he caught up with Carson Watson Ti Oscar.
Speaker 8: When you look at that at bat against Bednard, what were you seeing from him?
Speaker 2: But when you got the pitch you wanted, how.
Speaker 1: Good did it feel just to execute and get that swing?
Speaker 9: You know, he was attacking hitters. He didn't want to get behind on the hitters. I was trying to get something in the middle of the play that I can put him play and not trying to do too much because of the self that he has. And I just did the parrel that one and I get.
Speaker 8: To hit in this series, you guys have swept with the pirates. When you think about just how important this series was coming off of the last one, did it feel just amazing for you all to come through with this one?
Speaker 9: You know, as we had a lot of things going on from the last couple of weeks, but like I always said, We're gonna keep get fighting, to keep bottling and weekend back to this one and win the bowl game.
Speaker 8: Would you think at the performance Tyler Glass now to get through seven?
Speaker 1: Oh, he was great.
Speaker 9: Like always, he always uh give us a chance to score some runs and win bolgames, and that's what he did today.
Speaker 8: You've talked about wanting to come and clutch for this team.
Speaker 1: A walk off performance. Does that get any better than that?
Speaker 9: I don't think there's any better feeling than that one, you know, but I'm so happy that I can do that for my team and we can get the win today.
Speaker 8: It's been alumnight weekend, all weekend. You're at Dodger Stadium. Today we saw Matt Ken retire officially as a Dodger. How special was it to witness it and see him have this moment here with this organization?
Speaker 9: You know this this this week has been a lot of legends going through this stadium, and Machim is one of them. I see him as a player and you know, follow him because the way he played, he was an excellent player and he did allow for this organization.
Speaker 8: All right to asker, well, congratulations on this win in the walk off.
Speaker 1: I know it felt good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, appreciate it all right. Kirson Watson with the man of the hour yesterday, tay Oscar Hernandez delivering with the art single to walk off the Pirates and a Dodgers six to five win. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Dodger fans, Donate it today and your car could be picked up tomorrow. It's that easy. Donate now at Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with a K. The Dodgers and Brewers squaring off for a four game series they've met nine times previously this year, Dodgers winners in seven of those nine games, with a one to seventy six opponents batting average so gotten some good pitching and timely hitting. They've won seven of the seven of the nine head to head meetings so far this season, with four more to go now in Milwaukee still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into tonight's pitching matchup with Clayton Kershaw on the Mount, David Beast goes one on one with Mookie Betts, who is back and in the lineup tonight will get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager. Dave Roberts next to lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers first pitch at five ten. I'm Tim Katsis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday afternoon Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam, four Good times leading up to Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee at the start of a four game series. First pitch coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. The good news, Mookie Betts is back activated off the IL, where he has been since June seventeenth. The med Rosario gets designated for assignment. River Ryan on the IL at the UCL spring in his elbow, Bruce Dark graderol on the IL with the calf strain, Chris Taylor working his way back from the left groin strain. Acguil Rojas on the IL and back. So he is good. That is awesome to have him back as they continue to get position players and pitchers back. Yoshanoba Yamamoto is down the line coming back from a straight rotator craft, Walker Bueller is coming back this road trip, Max Munsey, Ryan Brasier, and of course Tommy Edmund expected to be back next home stand. So the Dodgers getting healthy here in August for the stretch run. All right, let's head back out to Milwaukee and check out the Dodgers skipper, any.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 5: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 7: The dugouts with Dave Roberts Dave Mookie Betts is back tonight, but obviously you guys had to make room for him on the roster. How difficult was it to tell on met he was the guy that is the odd man out.
Speaker 10: It's it's a it was a difficult conversation. He handled it like a pro professionally, And it was a short stint. You know, where we were at at that point in time, weren't playing good baseball, Guys banged up, not sure when guys were going to return to play, and so for us to kind of to get him here, it was huge and kind of raise the floor, and he helped us win some ball games. And you know, as it stands, you know, Mookie coming back, we had a tough decision, tough conversation. I'm sure he's going to land somewhere. I told him he's a championship caliber baseball player and look forward to seeing him sometime in the postseason.
Speaker 7: With Mooki coming back tonight, does it feel like you're starting to get some semblance of your lineup together?
Speaker 5: It does. It does.
Speaker 10: Just seeing him out there working back out there in the outfield and being able to pencil his name in the lineup, we certainly got a lot better. And I think that we're kind of getting to the point whe're putting guys in the respective spots in the order, which adds length and just makes us a better ball clubs.
Speaker 7: What about decisions coming up, like what are you surprised they are cutting the loose edge too?
Speaker 10: He's had the trading for Yeah, I mean, I am, and it's kind of again it's you're you're cutting, you know, cutting ties with a really good ballplayer that's versatile. But just the guys that we have coming back, it just kind of shows the talent in the room now and potentially coming. But I really like I'm at a lot and it's a tough decision, it really is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's a numbers game, and we're gonna get some more guys who are gonna be not on this roster anymore. Once Max months he comes back and they add Tommy Edmunds. So yeah, there's only so many chairs in this game of musical chairs. On this twenty six man roster, we'll see which Dodger players are not gonna be with this team for the stretch run. Dave Roberts down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Yeah, Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vassay, who returns to the scene of the crime almost two years to the date, and to Dave went down the slide and broke his wrists. Dikes, we may get into that. Lean you up to Dodgers and Brewers certainly get into Mookie Betts and his return. First pitch from Milwaukee five ten. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Know one.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deach on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Low lean you up to Dodgers and Brewers on this Monday afternoon, and Clayton Kershaw Freddy Peralta the pitching matchup. We'll dive deep into the numbers for both those guys. Coming up in just a little bit. The umpiring crew for today's game is brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family. First pitch from Milwaukee coming up at.
Speaker 1: Five ten, joining Tim kats On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Beast six.
Speaker 2: And David now joins us from Milwaukee as a Dodger started his seven game road tchip first top four against the Brewers and Dave the big story today, Mookie Betts is back.
Speaker 7: It's one of the great reunions of the baseball season. Tim, Mookie Betts and right field. That is like peanut, butter and jelly. They go together better than that. And they are very happy that Mooki read the room and understood that his best place to help the team win at this juncture with forty five games to go is right field, and he's in there batting second. As Dave Roberts outlined for us, that would happen when Mooki returned tonight. And I saw Mooki out here earlier working with Clayton McCullough, who works with the outfielders. He was long tossing, and I guess that's the biggest question in my mind, where is the arm for Mookie Betts, because all season long he's been making throws from shortstop. But my understanding is he was still throwing the baseball to first base. It's the same way he would from right field. When he got hurt. They were trying to adjust his throwing motion from shortstop. But obviously it's like riding a bike for Mookie Bets. And many that have seen Willie May's play tim and there's not too many of those anymore. Unfortunately, they say that Mooki Bets is right there as an outfielder with the great Willie Mays and this just feels perfect, David.
Speaker 2: In order to activate Mookie, they had to make a corresponding move and kind of the surprise move.
Speaker 7: I guess yeah. Ahmed Rosario was a casualty of the roster crunch. It's the first of many tough roster decisions the Dodgers will have to make in the next seven to ten days with some of their key players coming off not only the fifteen day IL TIM but also the sixty day injured list, which means the Dodgers have to open up a forty man roster spot. And that was the case today with Amed Rosario and Mooki Bets. Mooki was not just on the fifteen day IL, he was on the sixty day IL and he needed a forty man roster spot to be formally activated. So at this point in time, there's no place for him to play. Lux is rolling Keyk's rolling, Mookie's in right field, and although Rosario's having a really good year, he just doesn't fit anymore with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Well, he's odd man out. David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours. With the fort f one to fifty gas hybrid or all electric tough this mark can only be called f one fifty. Clayton Kershaw back on the mountain night and David hoping to maybe build on what he did in his last outing.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, And the good news is it's a good matchup for Kershaw because the Brewers offense has cooled off considerably since June. And also they struggle as an offensive unit against left handers that throw breaking balls. And we all know Clayton Kershaw has one of the most famous public enemy number one curveball out there, and he used a lot in his last start against the Phillies. And look, when Kershaw was at the height of his powers and aj Ellis was his catcher, aj told me, look, there's no secret. When I have two strikes on a batter, or we have two strikes on a batter, I'm going to the curveball for a strikeout pitch and it usually worked. And it feels like Clayton went back to his old self in that last start. Obviously, he's talked about change up envy. He's trying to figure out a split change up, but he only threw that once in his last start, so he went back to his old self.
Speaker 2: Speaking of going back, David, it's back to the scene of the crime, the slide and left field. Have you guys made up? Have we Have you gone out there yet?
Speaker 7: Tim breaking news. You're not the first one to ask me.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you.
Speaker 7: Know there's some things brewing in the Dodger clubhouse. And if that's what the team needs, then I will sacrifice once again for redemption, to give this team some much need edge and toughness. I will set the tone.
Speaker 2: Have you checked with your wife to make sure it's okay, David?
Speaker 7: I did, but I did check with my eighty year old Italian mother, who said, if you don't die on the slide, I will kill you myself. So you know, yeah, it's part of the cost here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to waive the pros and cons there, Dave, Well appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dave's gonna go one on one with Mookie Betts. That's coming up in just a little bit. Dodgers fans and hands, you're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by La Care Health Plan serving all Angeline knows Lacare dot Org coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from Mookie. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But I'm next sure Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Brewers on this Monday night for Milwaukee first pitch at five ten. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. Mookie Betts is backing in the lineup, betting second in right field. Clayton Kershaw on the mound looking for his first win here in twenty twenty four. First pitch of Milwaukee is coming up at five ten.
Speaker 7: I know it's not a Millain without a hot dog who wins.
Speaker 1: A hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. It's magical presented by Hawpey Hot Times.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'll go too far back July fifth of this year, Dodgers playing host of the Milwaukee Brewers. What a day for Will Smith. He went deep, not once, not twice, but three times.
Speaker 3: Will Smith two home runs tonight two for two of the walk five four Dodgers trailer.
Speaker 6: Will swings hits a drive down my left field line.
Speaker 5: It's done.
Speaker 7: It's gone on.
Speaker 6: Three home run night for Will.
Speaker 7: Smith and he ties the game.
Speaker 6: Where there's a Will, there's a way, and Will is finding his way home five to five. Oh my goodness, what a night for Will Smith.
Speaker 2: Will Smith goes deep three times and an eight to five Dodgers win over the Brewers. Back on July fifth, Will Smith becomes the fourth catcher in Dodger's history to have a three home run game. The others he has Moni Grendal, Hall of Famers, Mike Piazza and Roy Campanella. Pretty good company. This Hoffey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, a soakl treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hafeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave delicious Haffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check out with Rick Monday for leading up to first Pitcher Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorono Casino Dodge Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee, the start of a four game series, start of a seven game road trip that'll go to Saint Louis for this weekend set playing Kershaw Freddy Peralta on the mountain tonight. Dodgers fans. Start your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to help you tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Maas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: A lot of slide talk, a lot of ghost talk, Rick, but there's a baseball game to be played tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh that secondary, David, Because when Pepe and Agains and I got on the elevator from the field level to come up with the press box today, the elevator operator he said hello, We said hello back, he goes, Hey, that guy, that guy that broke his arm, is he here? I said, yeah, he also broke his ribs. Yeah, he's here, and he goes, well, is he going to go down the slide? And I said I doubt it. And I said, if he does, he'll go down the kiddy slide outside the stadium, not the big slide inside the stadium.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's some things brewing in the Dodger clubhouse. I've had a few players ask me, and I said, hey, fill up a hat and maybe I'll consider it.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me ask you this. When you started to do that, and it props to you, that's going to be scary coming down that thing because you'll look at it and it looks like it's free standing that slide. That's a considerable distance in the speed that you generate coming down that slide.
Speaker 5: I don't think people realize.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my understanding is Rick, if you look at that slide now, the color has changed. It's no longer yellow. My understanding is because the public is allowed to go down now, they have slowed down the slide, so it is a little a little bit more fan friendly, as they like to say. So you're welcome, America for taking one for the team.
Speaker 5: Okay, is it David friendly?
Speaker 7: Now we'll have to find out and see if that's what the team needs from me, Rick, to show a little edge and toughness, maybe I'll do it.
Speaker 5: Already.
Speaker 4: One of the traveling party said that they heard, in his words, puppies barking next door to him. He called down and they said, there's no one in the room. So and then they told him don't worry about it, says you hear sounds in the hotel all the time, which I'm not totally buying at all.
Speaker 7: Have you ever heard sounds, Rick, You've been coming here a long time.
Speaker 5: No, never, have never seen anything.
Speaker 4: The only thing that I've heard about is when the Dodgers said and when they come into town normally, you know, the veterans are talking up the ghosts and the stories and the whole routine a lot prior to coming in here. The only thing that I can tell you is that I do know the number of years ago. Veteran players got into the rookies room that they had been talking to for a couple of days. They got the key from the manager, They understood what was going to take place. They took some fishing line, some monofilament, They tied the bottom of the drapes. They ran the monofilament around the room, and they put the end of it in conspicuously just outside the room, in other words, underneath the door. The club played the ballgame, they kept talking about the ghosts. They go back to the hotel, they know that the rookie is asleep, they set their alarms, they come on and they start to grab the monofilament just outside and they tug on it and the drapes began to move. So during the ball game, I'll give you a story also Adrin Beltre, who just went.
Speaker 5: To the Hall of Fame. He had a Hall of Fame excursion in his room a number of years ago that I heard the story firsthand the other day. We'll talk about that a little bit during the game.
Speaker 7: I love that little ghost tease, as they like to say in the business rate.
Speaker 4: Well, it's one of those things. While the Dodgers have a four game series here and it's against the ball club, just really feeling their owns because if you look at the Milwaukee Brewers, they won six of their last ten and they have a seven and a half game lead of the second place Saint Louis Cardinals in the Central Division.
Speaker 7: And also if you look at the playoff picture. There's only a game that separates the Phillies, the Dodgers, and the Brewers as far as the top two seeds a game.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers and Brewers do have a history of postseason playing.
Speaker 7: Yes they do. I actually just watched the highlight of Yasio Puig's big three run home run from Game seven of the twenty eighteen NLCS. Good memories here.
Speaker 4: Rick, Well, good memories for some of us, and I'm not certain about yours. But you don't have to worry about going down that slide because you're in a coat and tie today.
Speaker 7: Holy crap, Rick, we ran out of time. We'll send it back here in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Moe. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Speedy Cash. We'll get you a preview coming up because of course, Speedy Cash busy official sponsor of every LA weekend and find out more. It's Speedycash dot Commerce stopping in LA area, Speedy Cash store coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get to the keys to the game. But up next, don't go anywhere. He's back, Mookie Betts, David Vassa sits down one on one with the Dodger right fielder. Yeah, that in second and right field. Tonight for the Dodgers, who are Milwaukee take on the Brewers. I'm Tim Kakes's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers started a four game series for Milwaukee. Dodgers have won seven of the nine meetings head to head so far this season. Clayton Kershaw on the Mountain Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment this high and tight.
Speaker 7: The season of Mookie Bets continues tonight here in Milwaukee. Mookie number one, Welcome back, and I'm sure it's exciting for you.
Speaker 11: Yes it is. I'm happy to be out of the house.
Speaker 7: I bet you are. What's been the last six weeks like for you to get ready to be prepared as much as possible.
Speaker 11: Just a lot of a lot of.
Speaker 12: Baseball just I mean working out, you know, normal stuff. But got to spend some some good quality time with my family, something that I've never never gotten.
Speaker 11: To do since I was eighteen years old.
Speaker 12: So you know, he's good to It was good to get to see my kids for two month straight.
Speaker 7: And you also got some reps in the broadcast booth.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I did, I did. I got some reps.
Speaker 12: So here in what eight nine years, i'll, uh maybe may have another.
Speaker 11: Option, MOOKI.
Speaker 7: When you go from shortstop to right field, how big of a difference are the throws? Do you feel like that's going to be an adjustment for you?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 12: I think you know, I did played right for nine years, ten years straight, so that's a little more ingrained in me. But you know, I definitely appreciate, appreciated the.
Speaker 11: Challenge that short stuff brought.
Speaker 12: You know, I haven't been challenged like that, and you know since I was really like eighteen nineteen years old.
Speaker 11: And so I'm glad.
Speaker 12: I'm glad I got to fall in love with something like that and really kind of experience a dream, which is playing shortstop of the big leagues.
Speaker 7: Superstars aren't usually asked to move positions as much as you've been asked to do. Why have you been so open to be able to be as flexible as you have been for the team.
Speaker 12: I just want to win, the will to win, and you know, I'll do whatever it takes, and I'm confident in my abilities to play pretty much everywhere on the diamond, and so that's just kind of where it comes from, just some confidence from within.
Speaker 7: It feels like a right field and mookie bets go together like peanut butter and jelly. It's like one of the great baseball reunions in a long time. How much has the last few days helped you get reacquainted to your old friend out there.
Speaker 12: It's been good. It's been it's been fun. You know, it wasn't It wasn't like it had It's not like I hadn't been out there in forever. You know, it's been a couple of months. But you know, going back out there is kind of like home, you know, and so I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 7: What was the conversation like between you and Dave Roberts. Dave said you initiated this conversation about just recognizing where you're at, where the team's at. What made you pick up the phone and start that conversation.
Speaker 12: You know, I obviously want to win, right and like you said, looking at the roster, but you know, there's also those things where if you want to win, you can't really be thinking the night before about this groundball. You may get into seventh in inch, you know, and it could be basis load or whatever, and I don't.
Speaker 11: I just didn't want that anxiety on me.
Speaker 12: I'm fully confident and I'm believe in myself that I can do it, but there's two guys that I know will do it.
Speaker 11: And so that's just really what it is. Like, I'm I understand and I get it.
Speaker 12: You know, this is all new and it's a challenge, right and you know, just trying to help the team, man, that's really all it is. And right now, I think helping the team is going back out the right Muki.
Speaker 7: You proved that you can do it, and you've proven to yourself that you could do a lot of things. Did you learn anything more about yourself going through that challenge and being as vulnerable as you were to everything that came with it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I learned a lot about myself.
Speaker 12: I've learned, you know, being challenged with a tall task like that the person I turned into I didn't know who I would become, and how much it has helped me in other facets of the game and life and whatnot, you know, being challenged there and being vulnerable there and.
Speaker 11: Really kind of failing a lot. I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it because now I know, whatever life throws at me, whatever baseball throws at.
Speaker 11: Me, it can't be worse than what I did.
Speaker 7: Before you got hurt. You were on your way to another MVP leading off. Is that a bigger sacrifice for us to recognize more than just going back to your old position?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, we got sho he.
Speaker 7: Tany up there, like that's we got Mookie Bets here too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but it's different with Show.
Speaker 12: Show was a generational we more than generational talent, and maybe the best player that's ever played the game.
Speaker 11: And so there's no argument for me there, all.
Speaker 7: Right, MOOKI, before I let you go, I wanted to let you have your shine. That's why I stayed away from the slide today.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Thank you for today. Thanks a lot for the time you, sir.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Mookie Bets and right field reunited and it feels so good.
Speaker 2: It feels so good to have him back in the lineup in d DV. Appreciate it. Stay away from the slide, by the way, David Todgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers' audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's Group KNIGHTE. That's Shakys dot Com. Lean you up to first pitch on this Monday for Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll go anywhere. I'm sim katesis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Clean you up to Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. Dodgers tied with the Phillies for the best record in the National League at sixty nine and forty nine. Dodgers looking to get to seventy wins. Tonight, first pitch at five to ten, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacomas a year Toyota Dealer Today, they make it easy. Freddy Peralta on the mound for the Brewers seven and six of the four to h two E R Ray, twenty eight year old right hander of the Dominican Republic, seventh season, now in the Big leagues, all with the Brewers, making his twenty four star this season and last time out five innings, four runs, eight hits, six strikeouts in a win over the Braves. Peralta is two to one with a two to sixty three ERA and five career starts against the Dodgers, including a no decision back on July sixth at Dodgers Stadium. Clayton Kershaw on the mound for the Dodgers, zero and two with a four to thirty eight ERA. The thirty six year old left hander and future Hall of Famer in his seventeenth season, now in the Big leagues, all wearing Dodger blue, making his fourth start this season coming off of offseason shoulder surgery. It's been a mixed bag for Clayton. In his debut, he went four innings, gave him up two runs on six hits while striking out six, and his second start in San Diego, couldn't get out of the fourth inning, gave up seven runs on six hits, didn't strike out anybody. Last time out against the Phillies, pitched pretty good four and two third innings, won run, five hits, five strikeouts in a loss, though to Philadelphia. Didn't get a lot of run support. Facing the Brewers for the nineteenth time in his career is eight and five with the two ninety two ear ray in one hundred and eighteen punchouts in two complete games. By the way, the last time he faced the Brewers August, the last year, he won five innings, give it up one run on three hits which was a home run, two walks, and struck out two in the win. It's the Dodgers and the Brewers start of a four game series from Milwaukee. First pitch is fifteen minutes away. Key's in the game. Our next I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. Clayton Kershaw, Freddie Perrault to the pitching matchup. Dodgers fans enhansered listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. All right, before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth Rick Monday, Tim Never guys.
Speaker 3: Tim, Thanks again, Clayton Kerry, show off, Freddy Peralta. That's the pitching matchup. Kershaw has had really good luck against the Milwaukee Brewers. In fact, the Dodgers have won each of his last six starts in Milwaukee, and that goes back to Game five of the twenty eighteen National League Championship Series. Kershaw four and zero with an ERA of about two in those meetings. The curveball looks to be really good when he put it on display against the Phillies. That was kind of the curveball you've become accustomed to seeing out of Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and in the return of that hook, I thought it was interesting. A comment by Clayton Kershaw, and this is the quote, I've got to figure out how to maintain my pitch count. But Dodgers hoping he's in there for a considerable period of time in tonight's ballgame. And for Freddy Peralta two and one in five career starts against the Dodgers. One thing about Parolta, he's given up nineteen home runs so far this season, and the first inning of games he's pitched era's above six and a half.
Speaker 3: Got to go get him early. He's allowed seventeen earned runs in twenty three innings pitched in the first night.
Speaker 7: Six six ' five at eras.
Speaker 3: So if the Dodgers can get them early, maybe they can hang on. But a big series here, first of four games Dodgers and Brewers. The roof is open, it'll remain open on a beautiful night in Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: Jim all Right.
Speaker 2: Dodgers winners of three in a row. They start the night with the best record in the National League, tie with the Phillies. It's sixty nine and forty nine, the Dodgers a three and a half game lead over both the Diamondbacks and the Pod Race. Both of those teams in action tonight, Padres hosting the Pittsburgh Pirates of the Dodgers. Just saw the Diamondbacks playing host of the Colorado Rockies in the Desert tonight. We'll keep an eye on both of those games, keep you updated on the post game as well. I'll be back with all the postgame festivities, including highlights, reaction from the Dodgers clubhouse, the manager Dave Roberts, and of course Dodger Talk as well. Dodgers looking to make it four straights overall. They're in Milwaukee to take on the Brewers. Clayton Kershaw, Freddie Prawl to the pitching matchup. Enjoy this one. I'm Tim Kates has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network