Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, definitely for children of all ages.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition up Let's get Biblical with your host, a man from the entertainment realm of over twenty years, a former stand up comedian turned or day minister and evangelist for Christ.
Speaker 1: Here he is to be JD. Mister movie phone. Thank you you are getting so good at that. After seven years I've been practicing, we can tell and welcome everybody to another edition of Let's Get Biblical right here on your favorite podcasting platform, speaker, Apple, iTunes, wherever you may be listening to us, make sure you hit that subscribe button, like love and share, because it is about sharing the gospel. And in pro like this. Guess what. You may not know much about the good old Bible, but you can still share the Gospel through sharing videos and shows just like this on your social media feed. And I know what cut back here. Atheists, come here, Come here, atheist, non believer, you two gray haired wisdom carrier the Lord in your face. Also, hey, the one that's been certain in that church pew a little too long, come here, Come sit down. We're all family, right, We're all human beings. We're underneath the umbrella of God. Right, listen, we have a phrase for you. That phrase is we dare you. We dare you to start your faith, reignite your faith, grow your faith with the Lord through the scriptures in the Bible, and get this through transparency and testimony. Hey, it's like sitting down at a coffee table with your bro here and we're just having a good time and we're talking about life. That's what we're doing right here, talking about the Book of Life. And today in this episode, you saw it, you saw it, It said Jesus Christ. Who is he really? Well, we're going to find out about the man Jesus Christ, because we tend to think that Christ is higher than thou, and we should, right, He's the king of kings, the Lord of lords. We look at him that way. However, he was man made of flesh, just like you and I. We're going to talk about some of the things he went through, how he went through him and guess what you're going to be shocked, especially you atheist guide look at came here. Guess what you're going to be shocked because he went through depression, anxiety, everything we all feel. We're going to talk about how he handled it as well. We're going to be digging in not just to the scriptures here today, the good old BI B l E. The Basic Constructions Before Leaving Earth Manual as well, I like to call it. But we're turning to a book by Gary in in Rig is spelled I n r Ig. It's entitled True North Discovering God's Way in a Changing World. Oh, I got some of you guys sticking around. Now. We are in a changing world, right, Everything is constantly adapting, whether it's technology, whether it's ways to deliver the gospel now through social media, podcasts and more, not just a pulpit. You don't have to be Oh oh, church guys ain't going to like this. Thelogians ain't gonna like this. People who spend thousands of dollars unschooling for this are not gonna like this. Guess what. You don't have to have a doctorate to deliver the gospel if you have a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Oh, go figure KD. That's blasphemous. Oh really, what college did you know? Mark Paul Peter James. I'll go to the Disciples, you know what I'm talking about? What college? Yeah, the College of Life, the Book of Life delivered to you by the pastor, high Priest, Rabbi, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Jesus Christ. You see, we forget about that, guys, We forget about that. And it kind of ties into last week's episode if you've got a chance to listen to it, talking about wolfs and sheep's clothing. We're going to talk about this more on our YouTube channel and our Rumble channel as well. Let's get biblical with Katie. We're going to talk about Pharisees in this world. We look at our church leaders higher than thou. We want to tend to look at everybody else in a church higher than now. Oh they've been going to this church for ten years. Man, they know the Bible better than I do. And I don't know a verse from a chapter. I don't know if a verse is a scripture. I don't know where Galilee was, and I don't know where actually Jerusalem is even to this day. I don't know this, that and the other thing. You don't have to. It's a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, getting to know him, and he wants to know you. That's why you're here today and We're very proud to bring you this book. Like I said, the world is changing. True North discovering God's Way in a changing world. We'll put it in the description bio as well if you want to check this book out. If you're someone who's a into the navigational systems of the world, whether you're fly a plane, maybe you're a captain of a boat. This has a lot of great air and nautical references. Explore of the world compasses, but he encompasses it. Say what I did there, it was good, But I don't have a drum here or you know, a worship band in order to do that. But he encompasses the Bible and stories. Hmm. Kind of like this show laced with scripture. You see, Like I said, we tend to look at these leaders as kings. We look them at as governor's presidents, like they're up on this stage, that they're on a pulpit, that that pulpit is inreachable for us to get to know Christ. And that's completely wrong. Jesus was the same way. These disciples at first weren't too sure about who Jesus was. They had read about them in the Old Testament. They read about somebody that was going to come. They knew about God, they believed than God. But to God is through the way of Jesus. I am the way. The way to the Father is through me. Jesus spoke. And so if you knew that, wouldn't you want to get to know that person, develop a relationship with that person so you can have that VIP ticket to heaven like the disciples did. Absolutely, And guess what we're His disciples were modern day disciples, all learning about Jesus, learning about the scriptures, learning from the Bible. The Bible's a beautiful love letter to us. It's not just a historical reference guide. And don't get me wrong. When I first went into the Bible, that's how I read it as a history book. But then you start to feel empathy and love and respect and anger and hate. Not hate, my bad, We'll stick with heavy anger, especially around the crucifixion of Christ. I'm not gonna lie to you. I was like Peter, I cut an ear off. I'll cut an ear off for the Lord. Okay, remember those who live by the sword died by the sword, as he once said. As well. We talked about that last week as well, and on our Easter episodes, and what a way to close out the month of April and Easter and the Crucifixion with this show here today getting to know who Jesus really was. And in this book by Gary Enrig, it's fantastic because he talks about the way the world is constantly changing and how we need to adapt with it. And Jesus and the Lord and our Father in Heaven is our compass. The Holy Spirit around us is leading us. And when we put down these compasses and these instruments and devices that help us lead our lives, we kind of get lost, almost like a ship with a navigational system that's gone out due to a electrical storm. Same thing with an airplane, and we're flying blind and we're kind of walking blindly, kind of like the Apostle Paul. He was blind, but now he could see he was killing Christians, doing things the wrong way. He believed he was doing the right thing until Jesus opened his eyes, his GPS, his God positional system. And in this book there is a couple of things he points out the Book of Hebrews. I got to go back and read the Book of Hebrews because it's a good way to get to know the Lord and who he truly was. In the Book of Hebrews, Chapter two, verse fourteen, as we moved to that this is a good way to start, it says, since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity, so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death, who is him, that is the devil, and free those who all their lives were held by slavery, by the fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants, that's you, that's me. For this reason, he had to be made fully like them, full human in every way, in order that he might become more merciful, faithful in the high priests, in service to God our Father, and that he might make atonement for the sins of all people, you and me. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted. Let's start there. Jesus was tempted. Jesus was tempted by the devil forty days and forty knights in the Bible. Have you been tempted by anything? I bet you have tempted by that glass of alcohol you're about to drink for dinner, Tempted by that needle you're gonna put in your veins, tempted by that woman that you shouldn't be with because you're already married, and vice versa for you ladies as well. Tempted by the likes of social media. Yeah, ooh, a lot of us felt that one, didn't we I gotta be liked, I gotta get a heart. I've got to go live. I gotta get people to love me. No, do not conform to the ways of this world. For all the love that you need is given to you through Jesus Christ, just by getting to know him. You see, you're tempted every day. So was Jesus. He was tempted by the devil, saying, I will give you all of this world. It will be yours, it will be yours. Take it. Guess what, boom, It's already his. It's already his. Why don't you turn that rock over there? I know you're hungry. Turn it into bread. Turn it into bread for me. Go ahead. We shall not live on bread alone, but the word of God. I know that more better than anybody else, because I've been on a Daniel fast for longer than twenty one days. Jesus was tempted. He was tempted in the garden of just Sendmenty by the devil. How because he was sitting there, knowing his fate was coming to an end, still begging to his father, why have you forsaken me? You and I have been through all this And in this book that Gary Ingrig writes a couple passages, I'll read to you, says Ray here. It's hard to pour out your heart to God's who are indifferent. So in other words, pouring out to your hearts to God. You don't know Jesus. When you get to know him, he wants your heart. He wants to feel your pain. He wants to take your pain from you. Wants to love you, give you that respect you deserve, give you everything you need in life to be successful. Goes on, saying, Jesus took on human nature. He also took on human weakness. He took a full human nature, just like you and I. He was human. But when we read about him in the Bible, it's kind of like reading about Michael Jordan. Right. If you're starting to be a basketball player, you're looking up to Michael Jordan, Lebron, James, God to help you, and I meant because of Lebron, by the way, and others. You're reading about these guys right that have done so many great things. But guess what, they're human like you. They're human like you. Jesus was the same way. What I love this book too. Gary goes on saying he experienced pain, exhaustion, hunger, physical weakness as well. He lived a full life under human oppressors. Some of our people that are listening to us in Ghana and far remote, remote places further than the United States, some of you leftists may feel you're living underneath an oppressor right now with Donald Trump. Jesus felt that as well. Hebrews two, fourteen and seventeen says what we just stated, But I also love Hebrews five seven. During the days of Jesus's life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one that could save him from death, and he was heard because because of his reverent submission. You see, you gotta have reverence mission. You have to have realness. You can't come to the Lord fake. He knows if you're going to. Jesus was given everything that humans could feel, so he can sympathize with our weakness, sympathize with our pain, sympathize with our love, affection, temptations. This is why he was brought here in human form. But he had to die for our sins, which are some of those temptations we just talked about, idolization, greed, gluttony, tipping back in a bottle, shooting yourself up with death medicine. Jesus had all these experiences. He wants to know you. He wants to grow closer with you. The Bible is Jesus' testimony, It's God's testimony. We all have a story to share, and your testimony and your life can change somebody else. I truly believe that. And before we get out of here, I have something for you at the end of the show. But since we're talking about testimony and that's what the show is about, that's what the Bible's about. Jesus wants to get to know you even further. He wants that relationship to grow closer. We'll show you how in just a moment. But we also want to share Ben Fuller's song Testimony we all got a testimony when we return ahead, my son your gift, and I'm straight.
Speaker 3: I was lost to the point that I thought I could never change.
Speaker 1: But he had a purpose and he had a plan.
Speaker 3: Since he called me by name, I've never been the same mad man. I gotta tailor the mom. I got a song, see how got cuting news to tell you?
Speaker 2: The King you rescue me?
Speaker 3: How put my.
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 3: Jesus, I've got a brand Newie's song like with my hand and dressed high cold to see.
Speaker 1: I gotta tailor this the mormy.
Speaker 3: I've been walm and I've been playing hoo miss Bubby and'll never come back. Oh. One can't say enough. Normale can't raise him enough, nor moeh thank eving nerve wor he. I gotta ca norm I gotta sten I got good news to tell you. Can excuse me now? What be Jesus, I've got a bright newly so with my hand trees the sep mom home.
Speaker 1: Can't say it enough. Flow can't raise him enough, No, thank him enough?
Speaker 3: He how got test got a.
Speaker 1: God good news to tell you?
Speaker 3: The king wrist.
Speaker 1: Ben tiller on, let's get biblical with kdo testimony. We all have a story to tell. We all have a lot of stories to tell that could really help someone in life. And what a greater testimony could you share than when you turn your life over to Christ. That is really what I love about my testimony. We shared my testimony on a show last year. We're gonna do it again on our rumble and YouTube apps coming up on a show later this year. Make sure you're following us on those YouTube apps. Okay, like love subscribe. We got some cool content on there. Like I said beginning of the show, we're starting something called First Peter Productions. We're gonna be bringing you some Christian shorts, Christian short movies, and even Christian comedy a little bit as well. In those shorts, we're already producing some of those with the help of cap Cut. A lot of things are happening because of you, guys, and we want to say thank you. We're able to share these testimonies with the world and that draws us closer to Jesus, and that's what we want you guys to do. And this is a great opportunity for you right now. If you're a non believer, atheist, you're kind of on edge, you're like listen, I stuck through the show. This is cool. I'm feeling good, motivated. I'm ready to dedicate myself and change my life. This is your gift from the Lord through me to you right now. And it's simple. You don't have to prayer any silly you know, nursery, rhyme prayers. Thou shall all now, brown cow, You don't have to do that stuff. All you have to do is give him your heart. Are you ready to give your heart? So that's what he wants, and that's how you're going to find out who Jesus really is. Even deeper than the book, we discuss true North, discovering God's way in a changing world. Today, right now, please borrow your heads wherever you may be in a safe place. Pull off to the side of the road. If you're jogging, sit on a bench. If you're at work, go into your cubicle, put your headsets on. If you can't do that, go into the bathroom for a moment, bow your head and say this with me, Lord, Jesus, I repent of my sins. I surrender my life, wash me clean. I believe that Jesus rose and died for my sins. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe that he rose on the third Day for my victory and his I believe in my heart and make confession with my mouth Jesus become my personal Lord and Savior. Amen. If you just said that, welcome to a brand new world. Welcome to the walk with Christ. Your next step go read the Book of Math. Do you learn about Jesus. Dig a little deeper like we did today. Go into Hebrews to learn a little bit more about the man Jesus. Then go to the Book of Proverbs. I love proverbs. They're like little fortune cookies there, really are you open up one, you're like, oh, I like that one. And how you read the Book of Proverbs is there's thirty one chapters. Guess what, there's almost thirty one days in just about every month. So whatever day that is today that you start reading, start in that day. If it's the second of May, you start in chapter two. Then go ahead and read the New Testament about my Dog's Matthew, Mark Luke, John, Peter, Paul and Moore. Read up to the Book of Revelation. Then go back to the very beginning in the Old Testament, starting Genesis. You're starting your walk, and one of the biggest things you can do as a Christ follower is share the gospel. That's what we do here each and every week, and we need your help. So take programs like this one. Videos you see like on our YouTube page at Let's Get Biblical with Katie click copy, share again, add us on YouTube, add us on Rumble Tv, download the Rumble Lab, and we've got some great stuff for you. God bless y'all. Welcome and we'll see you next week. Take care,